PDA

View Full Version : Woman Claims that Her Dad Was Zodiac Killer

Columbo
04-29-2009, 08:13 PM
According to the article, she and her father were "unusually close" (I wonder what that means? could be horrifying) so they supposedly went together on his Zodiac killing sprees. At the time, she didn't know what was happening, but now she has "recovered memories". She claims to have the cab driver, Stine's, eyeglasses.....

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/04/29/BAFA17BE9N.DTL&feed=rss.bayarea

smart blonde
04-29-2009, 08:24 PM
This should be interesting to follow, and see where it leads...

Kateyes
04-29-2009, 08:34 PM
Thanks for the link. Now I have to get out the book, "The Zodiac" and look it over again to refresh my memory. I can't remember for certain,but I believe this is a new name into the possible perps list. Does anyone here remember if the name in this article has ever surfaced before in connection with the Zodiac?

Columbo
04-29-2009, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the link. Now I have to get out the book, "The Zodiac" and look it over again to refresh my memory. I can't remember for certain,but I believe this is a new name into the possible perps list. Does anyone here remember if the name in this article has ever surfaced before in connection with the Zodiac?

You're welcome, Kateyes. I recently saw the movie "Zodiac" and don't remember his name mentioned at all. I haven't read the book.
I'll have to re-read the article,maybe I missed something, but I'm starting to wonder how he could have been the Zodiac if he lived in So. Cal?

shadowraiths
04-29-2009, 09:50 PM
Its a new name, and interestingly, here is what the folk over zodiac killer have to say:

No, the Zodiac has not been identified.

The story told today by Deborah Perez at the press conference in San Francisco differs from the original claims she made to me about a year ago via e-mail and voicemail, which I still have.
Site: Zodiac Killer (http://www.zodiackiller.com)

PattyCake
04-30-2009, 02:27 AM
Well here's my take.

How do you spell Oscar Mayer? BOLOGNA!

She's a real estate agent and her 'adoptive' father died in '83 making it convenient for her own DNA not to be tested against know DNA of the Zodiac? '83, she's 47 and she waits THIS long? Whatever. She would have come forward when the movie came out in 2007 if it was real.

I say it's a very slow year in real estate, we know that. She's a fraud looking to get her name in the paper so she can make money. My 2cents everyone. That is what my gut is screamin'.

Gozgals
04-30-2009, 02:41 AM
Well here's my take.

She's a real estate agent and her 'adoptive' father died in '83 making it convenient for her own DNA not to be tested against know DNA of the Zodiac? '83, she's 47 and she waits THIS long? Whatever. She would have come forward when the movie came out in 2007 if it was real.

I say it's a very slow year in real estate, we know that. She's a fraud looking to get her name in the paper so she can make money. My 2cents everyone. That is what my gut is screamin'.

I agree. The Bolonga factor did it for me. I never heard the name mentioned in the book or the movie as being one of the suspects. Great case but she is full of it. 15 minutes of fame baby. That's it.

Goz

Shecky
04-30-2009, 02:45 AM
Well here's my take.

I agree. Hasn't there been at least one other person to claim relation to the Zodiac in some way? But of course these claims can never be proved. :rolleyes:

You know what? hell with it, Websleuths! I'm going to the San Francisco PD tomorrow to turn myself in. I am the Zodiac. What's that? I was born in 1984? Well uh..I forged my birth certificate ya see, and uh...I just look young because I take lots of vitamins and work-out regularly!

Well you have to admit it's a funny scene to picture.

PattyCake
04-30-2009, 02:51 AM
I agree. Hasn't there been at least one other person to claim relation to the Zodiac in some way? But of course these claims can never be proved. :rolleyes:

You know what? hell with it, Websleuths! I'm going to the San Francisco PD tomorrow to turn myself in. I am the Zodiac. What's that? I was born in 1984? Well uh..I forged my birth certificate ya see, and uh...I just look young because I take lots of vitamins and work-out regularly!

If you can earn my hubby money in the oil industry at the moment, I'll back up your claim! rollingggggggg eyes please :rolleyes:

Damn you Zodiac, I KNEW YOU WERE STILL ALIVE. And I thought the hollywood movie would make you come forward like the BTK news media anniversary story made him mad... But it was Websleuths instead? Your IQ is higher than we 1st thought.

I agree. The Bolonga factor did it for me. I never heard the name mentioned in the book or the movie as being one of the suspects. Great case but she is full of it. 15 minutes of fame baby. That's it.

Goz

Goz hon, you look an awful lot like a sexy man named Bono. Any relation? ;)
Shame what people will do to sell a few homes hey?

Shecky
04-30-2009, 02:58 AM
Damn you Zodiac, I KNEW YOU WERE STILL ALIVE. And I thought the hollywood movie would make you come forward like the BTK news media anniversary story made him mad... But it was Websleuths instead? Your IQ is higher than we 1st thought.

It is I! Unfortunately, I lost my infamous Zodiac hood years ago, I'll have to make one out of a paper shopping bag tomorrow. When the police and media see me in it, it will surely be enough to convince them -AND THE WORLD!- that I am who I say I am!

:woohoo:

PattyCake
04-30-2009, 03:04 AM
It is I! Unfortunately, I lost my infamous Zodiac hood years ago, I'll have to make one out of a paper shopping bag tomorrow. When the police and media see me in it, it will surely be enough to convince them -AND THE WORLD!- that I am who I say I am!

:woohoo:

If you at least color in some black and white stripes on a bed sheet, you can claim its the last remaining piece of the taxi drivers shirt Paul Stine that has never been located. That will go a long way with associate press and whomever will show up at your press conference.

I've read books and endless pieces about the Zodiac. The fact that anyone took this woman seriously - it HAD to be a very slow day in the news.

Good timing on her part. :sick:

Gozgals
04-30-2009, 04:01 AM
If you can earn my hubby money in the oil industry at the moment, I'll back up your claim! rollingggggggg eyes please :rolleyes:

Goz hon, you look an awful lot like a sexy man named Bono. Any relation? ;)
Shame what people will do to sell a few homes hey?

PattyCake- Of course BONO won't admit it, but I'm his long lost sexy lover. I broke his heart years ago. :):) Thanks for asking. I think he is still searching for me.

:blowkiss:

Aleph
04-30-2009, 05:54 AM
She looks very polished and prepared for a media appearance.

Why would the Zodiac take a seven-year-old along on his crime spree? Couldn't he afford a babysitter?

SuziQ
04-30-2009, 10:16 AM
Steve Huff has done a good job poking holes in Ms. Perez' story:

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2009/04/zodiacs_real_name_to_be_reveal.php

January.
04-30-2009, 10:26 AM
Another one?

PattyCake
04-30-2009, 10:27 AM
Steve Huff has done a good job poking holes in Ms. Perez' story:

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2009/04/zodiacs_real_name_to_be_reveal.php

YAH Steve... glad to see hinky meters are high on alert. Everyone sing... B O L O G N AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

SuziQ
04-30-2009, 01:11 PM
From the Village Voice:

True Crime Report: "Zodiac Killer Daughter" is Bunk

By Roy Edroso in Crime (http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/archives/crime/), Fact Check (http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/archives/fact_check/), Featured (http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/archives/featured/)

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/archives/2009/04/true_crime_repo.php

Dr. Doogie
04-30-2009, 02:19 PM
Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle! The article in the Village Voice notes that the glasses that Perez showed do not match Paul Stine's glasses and credits that info to "True Crime Report". A link to that site indicates that the info was first exposed by a poster at Zodiackiller.com. A check on that site shows that the poster in question was...drum roll please...Dr. Doogie!

I will now bask in my 15 seconds of fame! Until I find a cure for cancer, this will have to be my claim to glory. :crazy:

SuziQ
04-30-2009, 02:42 PM
Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle! The article in the Village Voice notes that the glasses that Perez showed do not match Paul Stine's glasses and credits that info to "True Crime Report". A link to that site indicates that the info was first exposed by a poster at Zodiackiller.com. A check on that site shows that the poster in question was...drum roll please...Dr. Doogie!

I will now bask in my 15 seconds of fame! Until I find a cure for cancer, this will have to be my claim to glory. :crazy:

LOL, it's the crime bloggers version of six degrees of Kevin Bacon. That's very cool Dr. Doogie. :clap:

Columbo
04-30-2009, 03:36 PM
I feel guilty for starting this thread but it sure set off a lot of good humor!!! Thanks, everyone!!! LOL We all need the laughs!
Obviously this woman is full of B*O*L*O*G*N*A

Kateyes
04-30-2009, 06:54 PM
I feel guilty for starting this thread but it sure set off a lot of good humor!!! Thanks, everyone!!! LOL We all need the laughs!

Hey Columbo, and everyone else who responded to my question about this being a new name: Thanks for all of the astute observations, and comic relief. And, Columbo, my geographical knowledge of California isn't as good as someone who has lived there, but your point about where the crimes took place is a very good one. Just another "give me my 15 minutes of fame" person. I guess the only mystery left to uncover is where did she get those glasses?

ziggy
04-30-2009, 07:07 PM
DOOGIE DOOGIE DOOGIE

whoo whoo whoo whoo whoo

Enjoy your 15 and than back to cancer cure ok?

SuziQ
04-30-2009, 08:44 PM

Nothing to feel guilty about! IMO, this lady needed to be outted for what she is. Too many in the mainstream media is reporting as if there is something to her story. And the laughs were great. lol.

SuziQ
04-30-2009, 08:45 PM
Hey Columbo, and everyone else who responded to my question about this being a new name: Thanks for all of the astute observations, and comic relief. And, Columbo, my geographical knowledge of California isn't as good as someone who has lived there, but your point about where the crimes took place is a very good one. Just another "give me my 15 minutes of fame" person. I guess the only mystery left to uncover is where did she get those glasses?

The glasses could have been in her dads possesion, but they don't match the Zodiac victim's glasses at all.

SuziQ
04-30-2009, 08:49 PM
Steve Huff pokes more holes into Ms Perez' story:

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2009/04/deborah_perez_making_her_story.php

Deborah Perez has come forward to claim that her father, Guy Ward Hendrickson, was the Zodiac Killer. You can read what I've already had to say about that here (http://www.truecrimereport.com/2009/04/zodiacs_real_name_to_be_reveal.php).
I am amazed that Ms. Perez's ludicrous story has gotten some traction from the media (http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5i8whzCiTPI3T3kSJ363eK0uqjsCwD97SH82G0). It seems like no one outside of perhaps a handful of San Francisco-based reporters really wants to poke around and see if her claims really track. (more at link)

Kateyes
04-30-2009, 10:22 PM
The glasses could have been in her dads possesion, but they don't match the Zodiac victim's glasses at all.

Thanks, SuziQ - I had heard that the glasses didn't match just this evening, before I checked this page again. Appreciate your answer to my question. Just an observation which I am sure is obvious to everyone here at Websleuths: The Zodiac himself was crazy enough, but he lives on in the way he continues to bring out all the crazies claiming some connection to that psycho.

Dr. Doogie
05-01-2009, 01:28 AM
Unfortunately, every time one of these hucksters and/or certifiables claims to know who the Zodiac is, we move farther and farther away from the truth. Perez, Dennis Kaufman, even Robert Greysmith each have wasted what is probably a finite amount of media attention on promoting their suspects and none of these suspects is the Zodiac. Each time someone cries "wolf", the harder it becomes to get people to listen.

This is bothersome to me on a few fronts, but not the least of which is that I honestly believe that I know who Zodiac is. But you will not see me calling press conferences - at least not until I feel that I have PROOF of my theories. I am working daily on nailing this down, but I may never have the smoking gun that I seek. But what I will never do is make accusations that I cannot prove.

SuziQ
05-01-2009, 03:43 PM
Ms. Perez has in the past claimed that she is JFK's illegitimate child. A must read expose' at the below link:

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2009/05/deborah_perez_and_the_zodiacjf.php

Deborah Perez's claims that her adoptive father Guy Ward Hendrickson was the Zodiac Killer (http://www.truecrimereport.com/2009/05/true_crime_report_exclusive_ph.php) are probably part of a rather sad pattern of behavior. What she surely may not want anyone to know at this point is the famous American whom she claims was her real father. Perez made these claims to more than one reputable, reliable source. (more at link)

lilmisssleuth
05-01-2009, 03:58 PM
Ms. Perez has in the past claimed that she is JFK's illegitimate child. A must read expose' at the below link:

Deborah Perez's claims that her adoptive father Guy Ward Hendrickson was the Zodiac Killer (http://www.truecrimereport.com/2009/05/true_crime_report_exclusive_ph.php) are probably part of a rather sad pattern of behavior. What she surely may not want anyone to know at this point is the famous American whom she claims was her real father. Perez made these claims to more than one reputable, reliable source. (more at link)

WOW I can't believe the media didn't check her out just a little bit.

Dr. Doogie
05-01-2009, 04:48 PM
WOW I can't believe the media didn't check her out just a little bit.

Welcome to the new corporate media where it is more important to gain viewers/readers than it is to uncover the truth.

There is another idiot by the name of Dennis Kaufman who has been claiming that HIS stepfather is the Zodiac (and he has the hood to prove it) whose story has been mercilessly pimped by CBS13 TV in Sacramento. This station has been notified that (1) Kaufman has been trying to sell his brand of hogwash for years in Zodiac circles with no one knowledgable in the case buying, and (2) Kaufman has made other specious claims involving "discovered" evidence linking his step-pappy to the Zodiac. Yet the station continues to issue "updates" whenever viewership begins to wane. Shame on them and shame on any media outlet who passes along Ms. Perez delusions as anything other than the BS that it is.

Columbo
05-01-2009, 05:40 PM

What a legacy...JFK's illegitimate child, the Zodiac's adoptive daughter.. :waitasec:

WholeLottaRosie
05-01-2009, 07:41 PM
What a legacy...JFK's illegitimate child, the Zodiac's adoptive daughter.. :waitasec:

Wow, just what are the odds of that?

Uh, is she claiming JFK is Zodiac?

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Mr. E
05-01-2009, 08:53 PM
You would think that if Zodiac had a kid with him all the time, someone would have noticed. There was no kid reported when he kidnapped that woman and baby. No kid when he shot those people in the park (wearing the hood). No kid walking down the street near the Presidio.

Also, I am wary of recovered memories.

Brini
05-02-2009, 09:30 PM
Well here's my take.

I agree. "Recovered Memory Syndrome" is kind of controversial. Because it's usually the other way around. Kids can't forget tauma, mostly.

Also, I think LE finally tracked the Zodiac, and he was gonna be arrested. But, he had a heart attack and died, before the arrest.

Remember that symbol he always used? A circle with crosshairs through it? That was the logo of Zodiac watches. Apparently, he treasured a Zodiac watch that his Mom had given him.

That accounts for the handle AND the symbol.

Here's a page on the Zodiac watch. Check out the symbol, on the face of the watch in the center, and beside the name.

http://www.vintagezodiacs.com/

Brini
05-02-2009, 09:33 PM

BAD Shecky! Bad, bad, Shecky.

Could I have a bottle of your vitamins? :):crazy:

Also, another woman wrote a book claiming that her Dad was the Black Dahlia murderer.

LE finally had a strong suspect on THAT one, too. He died in a hotel fire, just before arrest.

Now and then, some babe comes out of the woodwork, and makes a claim to criminal fame....

PattyCake
05-02-2009, 09:39 PM
I agree. "Recovered Memory Syndrome" is kind of controversial. Because it's usually the other way around. Kids can't forget tauma, mostly.

Also, I think LE finally tracked the Zodiac, and he was gonna be arrested. But, he had a heart attack and died, before the arrest.

Remember that symbol he always used? A circle with crosshairs through it? That was the logo of Zodiac watches. Apparently, he treasured a Zodiac watch that his Mom had given him.

That accounts for the handle AND the symbol.

Here's a page on the Zodiac watch. Check out the symbol, on the face of the watch in the center, and beside the name.

http://www.vintagezodiacs.com/

Are you talking about Allen as the suspect? I believe he did have a watch with that symbol from what I read as well. He is the most likely suspect.

I just have a hard time getting past the DNA & the fingerprint evidence. Not sure how he pulled some of the stuff off but nothing is impossible, especially to someone with a potential high IQ.

And with respect to this woman? She's claimed in the past to be JFK's daughter? OH Lord, someone please lock her up. She's in need of serious help if this is the kind of attention she is seeking. How sad. :crazy::behindbar

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/05/01/BAP217CT9B.DTL&tsp=1

Natural daughter of this man says her father was not the Zodiac.

Maybe JFK was the real killer and Perez is getting her two stories / fathers mixed up? OH wait, JFK died prior to the murders right! :crazy: Anyone going to buy a house from her now? I'd be afraid to be alone with her.

Brini
05-02-2009, 10:37 PM
Are you talking about Allen as the suspect? I believe he did have a watch with that symbol from what I read as well. He is the most likely suspect.

I just have a hard time getting past the DNA & the fingerprint evidence. Not sure how he pulled some of the stuff off but nothing is impossible, especially to someone with a potential high IQ.

And with respect to this woman? She's claimed in the past to be JFK's daughter? OH Lord, someone please lock her up. She's in need of serious help if this is the kind of attention she is seeking. How sad. :crazy::behindbar

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/05/01/BAP217CT9B.DTL&tsp=1

Natural daughter of this man says her father was not the Zodiac.

Maybe JFK was the real killer and Perez is getting her two stories / fathers mixed up? OH wait, JFK died prior to the murders right! :crazy: Anyone going to buy a house from her now? I'd be afraid to be alone with her.

Yeah, Allen. I have the same issues, but Lordy! He looks SO good based on all the circumstantial!

Maybe JFK was killed by the Zodiac!:confused::eek:

Gozgals
05-03-2009, 03:37 AM
It's all Bolonga again.

But, I did hear Bono was going to buy a house from her but changed his mind when she started all this Zodiac Bolonga. I mean....who would buy now? First off, it's hard to find a decent house he told me, and second, he can't trust she may be the 2nd generation of the ZODIAC.

.........."Recovered Bolonga Syndrome"

Good weekend all

Always
Gozgals

fran
05-03-2009, 10:44 AM
What some people come up with for 15 minutes of fame!:eek:

She's in her 40's, raised in California, and never heard of the Zodiac until 2 years ago.:banghead:

She sells houses for a living? :waitasec:

I guess her real estate business isn't doing too well so she's found her own 'stimulus package.' :loser:

Someone needs to give this woman a clue and tell her she needs to get a life. I sooo hope LE isn't putting too much $$$$$ into this supposed investigation of her claims. Our state is suffering enough economic hardship without following BS leads like this. :crazy:

Oh, My, Gosh!
fran

wildTrose
05-03-2009, 11:07 AM
If your father was a killer..would you want ANYONE to know about it?

other then tryng to cash in on this no normal person would want anyone knowing that their father was a killer!!

Columbo
05-03-2009, 12:39 PM

other then tryng to cash in on this no normal person would want anyone knowing that their father was a killer!!

I would want LE to know about it.

Ruflossn
05-03-2009, 07:24 PM
I am curious if DNA testing has been completed on any of the evidence associated w/ the Zodiac's crimes. Specifically, the stamps that were used on the envelopes. Ms. Perez states she "licked" the stamps before placing them on the envelopes. Surely, DNA could be tested from this site and a conclusion drawn from the results as to whether or not her Father was the Zodiac killer.

fran
05-04-2009, 01:11 AM

Let's be clear on this. It's her STEP-father she's claiming is the Zodiac.:eek:

Her BIO-father is J.F.Kennedy.............at least she's claiming to some people.:crazy:

Ok, now where were we?:waitasec:

Oh, yeah, she grew up in California and just heard about the Zodiac 2 years ago and she's in her 40's?:rolleyes:

I guess all we have to do is wait for the hand-writing experts and dna testing to be completed. ;)

Just sayin'
fran

Gozgals
05-04-2009, 01:18 AM
Let's be clear on this. It's her STEP-father she's claiming is the Zodiac.:eek:

Her BIO-father is J.F.Kennedy.............at least she's claiming to some people.:crazy:

Ok, now where were we?:waitasec:

Oh, yeah, she grew up in California and just heard about the Zodiac 2 years ago and she's in her 40's?:rolleyes:

I guess all we have to do is wait for the hand-writing experts and dna testing to be completed. ;)

Just sayin'
fran

I think that was a good summary Fran. I'm sure they will no doubt say she is telling the TRUTH:waitasec:

This woman is crazy for sure and I can't understand why the media or LE is giving her the time of day. It is kind of like they are exploiting her.

Cheers all
Gozgals

Aleph
05-04-2009, 02:12 AM
This woman is crazy for sure and I can't understand why the media or LE is giving her the time of day. It is kind of like they are exploiting her.

She's attractive. If she looked as crazy as I think she is, there'd be no story.

Dr. Doogie
05-04-2009, 11:50 AM
The JFK aspect of this broad's story should be enough to dismiss her as a kook, but why stop there?

*She claims that she did not realize that her stepfather was the Zodiac Killer until a couple of years ago when she saw a composite on TV. However, she claims to have written the "Belli Letter" in its entirety in an attempt to get help for her father. The first line of the Belli Letter? "This is the Zodiac speaking."

*The Belli Letter uses a much neater handwriting style than almost all of the other letters which might be interpeted as it being written by someone other than the main letter writer. I say "almost" because the "Little List / Mikado Letter" starts out with the same handwriting as the Belli Letter, but transitions into the sloppier handwriting that most of the Zodiac Letters contained. This showed that both handwriting styles were from the same author.

*The Belli Letter contained concepts and vocabulary far beyond the capacity of a six-year-old (How many six-year-olds talk about "trigger mechanisms" for bombs?). It also contains references to threats made in other Zodiac letters that Ms. Perez would have been unfamiliar with if you believe that she knew nothing about the Zodac until a couple of years ago.

This woman is a fraud - and not even a very good one. That her story has been spread with no analysis by a complacent mainstream media is another stain on the frayed remenants of what used to be called "journalism".

MissieMt
05-04-2009, 01:31 PM
This lady is nuttier than squirrel poo. We all know great grand daddy on my half Dad's adopted mother's side is the Zodiac killer.....duh

tfrohning
05-04-2009, 03:59 PM
I don't post much here, I live in Napa when this was going on I think I was 12,
this is BS, I follow this case closely and I can not find any facts that he had kids or was married. No one ever seem a child in the car where the taxi guy was shot, and Zodiac was stop by police officer that night, BS. I rode on the school bus when we had LE in front us and in back us. has a kid I swim berryessa lake where the couple was shot.
JMO just wanting to vent!thanks

Columbo
05-05-2009, 09:00 PM
The JFK aspect of this broad's story should be enough to dismiss her as a kook, but why stop there?

*She claims that she did not realize that her stepfather was the Zodiac Killer until a couple of years ago when she saw a composite on TV. However, she claims to have written the "Belli Letter" in its entirety in an attempt to get help for her father. The first line of the Belli Letter? "This is the Zodiac speaking."

*The Belli Letter uses a much neater handwriting style than almost all of the other letters which might be interpeted as it being written by someone other than the main letter writer. I say "almost" because the "Little List / Mikado Letter" starts out with the same handwriting as the Belli Letter, but transitions into the sloppier handwriting that most of the Zodiac Letters contained. This showed that both handwriting styles were from the same author.

*The Belli Letter contained concepts and vocabulary far beyond the capacity of a six-year-old (How many six-year-olds talk about "trigger mechanisms" for bombs?). It also contains references to threats made in other Zodiac letters that Ms. Perez would have been unfamiliar with if you believe that she knew nothing about the Zodac until a couple of years ago.

This woman is a fraud - and not even a very good one. That her story has been spread with no analysis by a complacent mainstream media is another stain on the frayed remenants of what used to be called "journalism".

I think you nailed it.