PDA

View Full Version : Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt3

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

panthera
05-16-2009, 03:51 PM
It also says:
She was preceded in death by two sons, Garett and Gavin Coleman

How in the world do they know the sons died first?
What seems odd is I would think the "perp" would've killed her first since she would be the greater threat to him, then killed the children. MOO

susnoat
05-16-2009, 03:52 PM
Y'all are crazy. He's clearly innocent. He's being set up! It will all be clear soon. Not calling her parents, he was in shock. The girlfriend, demons got him. The lawyer, the cops were scaring him. He's a preacher's kid, he couldn't have done it. There had to be someone hidden in the house. Innocent until proven guilty!

Ok, riddle me this; If a stalker/killer were hiding in the house and waited for him to leave, then hurt his family, why didnt this perp CALL CC on his cellphone from the house instead of writing on the wall. After all, this perp wanted to make him suffer, right? Wouldnt hearing his anguish firsthand be something a deranged perp bent on hurting him want?

TallCoolOne
05-16-2009, 03:53 PM
It could be when the ME declared her dead, but I don't know how they would have access to the information. Very strange and very incorrect.

So someone replaced the prior obit with this more formal one? I see all 300+ comments and photos are the same. Maybe someone complained about Chris not being mentioned before?
Hmmm........ hard to say.

Did you notice also that it states she was proceeded in death by her two sons, Garett and Gavin?

mikeysmommom
05-16-2009, 03:53 PM
Y'all are crazy. He's clearly innocent. He's being set up! It will all be clear soon. Not calling her parents, he was in shock. The girlfriend, demons got him. The lawyer, the cops were scaring him. He's a preacher's kid, he couldn't have done it. There had to be someone hidden in the house. Innocent until proven guilty!

Preacher's sons are usually the worst ones all that repression .Plus people look the other way cause he is the preachers son.There have been many preachers sons that turned out to be a bad seed.Especially when taught all that fire and brimstone sermons.JMO

pres101
05-16-2009, 03:54 PM
Hello SeriouslySearching and All,

I did find this page. (http://www.republictimes.net/readarticle.php?article_id=177) It mentions "memorials may be made to..." but that is NOT what I read. What I read was specific as to where memorials could be made, i.e. the family's choice was noted.

W

In that article it says "Memorials can be made to the families choice c/o Grace Church Ministries".

No specific destination for the money. This would mean that you give money and the family (Chris Coleman) decides what to do with it.

TallCoolOne
05-16-2009, 03:56 PM
IIRC, the neighbor who spoke on a news video, said it was an 'argument' or 'arguing' or 'fight' and they didn't specify 3 a.m. in the report I saw. They said the evening before or something like that. NO EXACT TIME.

JMHO
fran
Thank you fran!! Greatly appreciated!!

mikeysmommom
05-16-2009, 03:58 PM
I would assume it is the time the ME officially pronounced her dead. It's unusual that it would be included in an obit, though. MOO

I have read obits since I was 18,long time and have never seen time of death.I think it s damage control so the town folk think oh CC could not have done it(it will help the donations to keep coming in).Obits are written by the family so they put it in if you ask me.JMO

mikeysmommom
05-16-2009, 03:59 PM
In that article it says "Memorials can be made to the families choice c/o Grace Church Ministries".

No specific destination for the money. This would mean that you give money and Grace Church decides what to do with it.

Yeah like pay for a high priced mouth piece IMO.

susnoat
05-16-2009, 04:01 PM
And to further expound about a perp calling CC, if a perp has time to search the house/garage/basement where ever a can of paint could be found, that person couldnt have just searched and picked up SC's cell phone, and made a call letting CC know specifically what they had done?

To me, that would be ten times crueler and satisfying at the same time. As well as proof (using the wifes cell phone) that the perp wasnt joking.

mikeysmommom
05-16-2009, 04:01 PM
Ok, riddle me this; If a stalker/killer were hiding in the house and waited for him to leave, then hurt his family, why didnt this perp CALL CC on his cellphone from the house instead of writing on the wall. After all, this perp wanted to make him suffer, right? Wouldnt hearing his anguish firsthand be something a deranged perp bent on hurting him want?

Also I would think there would have been signs of a sexual assault since he hated CC enough to take his family away from him.:rolleyes:

waltzingmatilda
05-16-2009, 04:02 PM
Ohhh Breaking news....The little boy Brandt Rodriguez that was abducted by 2 men in CA has been found in Mexico! YaY!

>per Fox news<

TallCoolOne
05-16-2009, 04:03 PM
He wouldn't pursue her. He was warned the consequences if he didn't stop.
This being your hypothesis you mean?

mikeysmommom
05-16-2009, 04:03 PM
Ohhh Breaking news....The little boy Brandt Rodriguez that was abducted by 2 men in CA has been found in Mexico! YaY!

>per Fox news<

Terrific news!!!!! Thank you.

mikeysmommom
05-16-2009, 04:05 PM
On dreamin demon someone said they listened to Fathers sermons right before murders and its chilling .I have not listened to it but its in comment section.

chicagofa13
05-16-2009, 04:10 PM
Are you serious or is this sarcasm?

Dang I thought it would be more obvious.

I am soooooooooo over the excuses people make for killers. Disgusting. And throw your grandchildren under the bus while you are at it, Anthony style.

analytical
On dreamin demon someone said they listened to Fathers sermons right before murders and its chilling .I have not listened to it but its in comment section.

I listened to two sermons last night. Nothing out of the ordinary .. nothing "chilling" - no fire and brimstone.

Some people just seem to like to make things up and blow them out of proportion. (not you .. the commenter you quoted)

panthera
I have read obits since I was 18,long time and have never seen time of death.I think it s damage control so the town folk think oh CC could not have done it(it will help the donations to keep coming in).Obits are written by the family so they put it in if you ask me.JMO
I agree with your theory, but in this case it would be easy to disprove with the time of the phone call to LE for the "welfare check", etc. and when LE arrived at the house which also would've been witnessed by the neighbors. From my own personal experience, the ME doesn't arrive until sometime later and will officially pronounce death, which this 7:55am time looks like. It happened with a family member who actually died late in the evening on a Friday, but the ME didn't arrive until after midnight (Saturday morning) and listed the date of death as that instead of the previous evening. MOO

TallCoolOne
05-16-2009, 04:11 PM

>per Fox news<Safe and well, I hope?

panthera
05-16-2009, 04:18 PM
And to further expound about a perp calling CC, if a perp has time to search the house/garage/basement where ever a can of paint could be found, that person couldnt have just searched and picked up SC's cell phone, and made a call letting CC know specifically what they had done?

To me, that would be ten times crueler and satisfying at the same time. As well as proof (using the wifes cell phone) that the perp wasnt joking.
I agree. Also, who would be threatening the family and not also CC? Why would a perp be sitting outside the house waiting for him to go to the gym and then go inside, strangle the family, and not kill him? :waitasec:

SeriouslySearching
05-16-2009, 04:19 PM

To me, that would be ten times crueler and satisfying at the same time. As well as proof (using the wifes cell phone) that the perp wasnt joking.Or he could have just answered her phone. After all...CC kept calling repeatedly. ;)

waltzingmatilda
05-16-2009, 04:20 PM
Safe and well, I hope?

Yes safe and well!:clap: His mom is on the way to Mexico to identify him officially. The kidnappers have not been arrested...yet.

SeriouslySearching
05-16-2009, 04:21 PM
Dang I thought it would be more obvious.

I am soooooooooo over the excuses people make for killers. Disgusting. And throw your grandchildren under the bus while you are at it, Anthony style.Whew! You had me worried there for a minute~ :blowkiss:

I thought the dark side had taken you. LOL

SeriouslySearching
05-16-2009, 04:23 PM
Yes safe and well!:clap: His mom is on the way to Mexico to identify him officially. The kidnappers have not been arrested...yet.:woohoo: Wonderful news!! :clap::clap:

mikeysmommom
05-16-2009, 04:24 PM
I agree with your theory, but in this case it would be easy to disprove with the time of the phone call to LE for the "welfare check", etc. and when LE arrived at the house which also would've been witnessed by the neighbors. From my own personal experience, the ME doesn't arrive until sometime later and will officially pronounce death, which this 7:55am time looks like. It happened with a family member who actually died late in the evening on a Friday, but the ME didn't arrive until after midnight (Saturday morning) and listed the date of death as that instead of the previous evening. MOO

Yes but if the Family is paying for the lawyer ,they need donations from the locals.I just meant that those people who are Church members read TOD and they will say "see he is not guilty he was on his way home" Those that do not wanna believe CC did it will use that as why he is innocent.JMO

TallCoolOne
05-16-2009, 04:25 PM
Yes safe and well!:clap: His mom is on the way to Mexico to identify him officially. The kidnappers have not been arrested...yet.Well, if we had to make a choice, I'd much rather he be found than them caught, although I was hoping to have both.

Great news!!!!!

SeriouslySearching
05-16-2009, 04:25 PM
I agree. Also, who would be threatening the family and not also CC? Why would a perp be sitting outside the house waiting for him to go to the gym and then go inside, strangle the family, and not kill him? :waitasec:He was camping out inside the house all night before he murdered them! :rolleyes: (At least, the family believes it! WTH?! :bang:)

panthera
05-16-2009, 04:28 PM
Or he could have just answered her phone. After all...CC kept calling repeatedly. ;)
I'd really like to know what he felt was so important for the phone calls? Even if Sheri and the boys were up at that hour, she'd be getting them breakfast, in the bathroom, taking a shower or whatnot as legitimate reasons not to answer the phone. And he wasn't that far away, why not just go back home? I think the answer is obvious. MOO

Oh, I just remembered I left my cell phone in the car ~ better go get it before LE comes knocking for a welfare check!! :D

SuziQ
05-16-2009, 04:28 PM

I've only seen it in OK City Bombing and the World Trade Center attack obituaries. But the time is symbolic of those events themselves.

IMO, it's odd to see that in Sheri's obit.

panthera
05-16-2009, 04:32 PM
He was camping out inside the house all night before he murdered them! :rolleyes: (At least, the family believes it! WTH?! :bang:)
No kidding!! And surprise ~ perp wakes up just as CC leaves the house and there's his big opportunity! :rolleyes: MOO

SeriouslySearching
05-16-2009, 04:35 PM
Oh...wait...the perp did stay in the house all night! Duh!

I guess if this is the story Chris is telling...he is being honest. He was supposedly there until 5:43 am.

waltzingmatilda
05-16-2009, 04:36 PM
Were there any reports of Sheri being sexually assaulted? That is the only reason I can think of someone hiding out til Chris left. This story just seems preposterous to me although stranger things have happened!

SeriouslySearching
05-16-2009, 04:42 PM
Were there any reports of Sheri being sexually assaulted? That is the only reason I can think of someone hiding out til Chris left. This story just seems preposterous to me although stranger things have happened!No mention of a sexual assault. However, it wouldn't surprise me since it could be that they were supposedly separating or had already separated. If Sheri had denied him sex, it could have triggered the rage, imo.

mikeysmommom
05-16-2009, 04:44 PM
Were there any reports of Sheri being sexually assaulted? That is the only reason I can think of someone hiding out til Chris left. This story just seems preposterous to me although stranger things have happened!

NO and that sticks out to me.If you are sending letters targeting a family then kill them usually there is a sexual assault of the mother.

gitana1
05-16-2009, 04:46 PM
I respectfully disagree, Stella. In this day in age of forced confessions by LE and other issues I would want an attorney present even if I knew I was innocent. Google the Joshua Kezer case. Perfect example of small town justice rotten to the core.

Again, I am not defending CC's actions, but yes...I would want an attorney present immediately.

I agree that confessions are coerced at times but my study of history tells me that although it does continue to happen, it was in the past, especially in cases of people of color or people with mental disabilities, that forced confessions were more common.
The point is, although a person may need to be concerned about that as an investigation unfolds, and possibly lawyer up when ater considerable time has passed and it looks like the investigation is no longer concentrating on all possibilities, but instead, concentrating on one, innocent person while ignoring other leads, at the beginning of a crime, hours, even days after, especially a crime of this level of horror, the survivors do not think about their own rights or lawyers or anything of that nature.
I've stated this before, as have others here, that in my own experience with death, the first reaction is one of trauma, shock, grief, terror. Not anything else that may be happening in the larger world. The fact of the death narrows one's field of vision until the only thing that exists is ones agony and thoughts of the dear one who is gone.
And, in cases of crime, when it involves the murders of a person's own family - children or wives - crime victims like Mark Klaas and John Walsh repeatedly state that these feelings of terror and agony preclude any thought of lawyering up, in those beginning stages especially, and that instead, a desire to aid LE by whatever means necessary, including allowing intense personal scrutiny through giving whatever evidence LE desires, doing lie detector tests, etc, is about the only response an INNOCENT person has to an investigation.
A great example is the case featured last night on 20/20 of little Mikelle Biggs, an 11 year old who went missing ten years ago. Her father was heavily scrutinized, for a year. He was the main focus for a while of LE's investigation. Instead of shutting down and lawyering up, he gave them EVERYTHING they wanted - repeated, lengthy interviews which may have amounted to interrogations, lie detector tests, voice stress tests, psychological analyses, etc. He became enraged that the focus was on him and he was enraged about the loss of his child but he states he never thought of getting a lawyer. He only thought of doing whatever it took to clear himself in LE's eyes so they could find his child.
Mikelle's father was eventually cleared and LE now has a prime suspect in a very brutal killer who in prison for a different crime. But the important thing is that people in these situations of intense scrutiny do not think of themselves first, they think of their murdered loved ones. I'm not sure why that is hard to understand.
To me, the opposite is what is hard to understand. Remember, it was not a year, months, weeks or even days before Chris retained a lawyer, it was HOURS. Who the heck even thinks of such a thing at such a time, especially when it is obvious that scrutiny of family is necessary to rule them out so others can be considered? All I would be thinking is "Catch the bastard. What do you need, LE?"

panthera
05-16-2009, 04:46 PM
Oh...wait...the perp did stay in the house all night! Duh!

I guess if this is the story Chris is telling...he is being honest. He was supposedly there until 5:43 am.
Good point! Yes, I believe the perp was there all night too. ;)

waltzingmatilda
05-16-2009, 04:49 PM
That's what I was thinking. Woe be unto me if I ever turned down the preacher's son for whatever reason. It would surely end up in an all night 'knock down drag out' and it wouldn't stop til I finally relented. Then I'd be in the classroom the next day with no sleep, puffy eyes and 20 1st graders who needed me! It was easier to just submit. It is one of many ways that a sociopath controlls their victim. And he had his share of 'ahem' extra curricular activities too.

Response to SS's post #533

panthera
05-16-2009, 04:50 PM
Even at that, the wife could've been sexually assaulted after killing the husband and kids, so that's not even a good reason for him to be spared. What I haven't seen any explanation of, other than the words written downstairs, is what was this threat for? Gambling debt? Drug money? In other words, what was CC supposed to do to comply that led to the "or else" that got his family killed? :waitasec: MOO

mikeysmommom
05-16-2009, 04:57 PM
Even at that, the wife could've been sexually assaulted after killing the husband and kids, so that's not even a good reason for him to be spared. What I haven't seen any explanation of, other than the words written downstairs, is what was this threat for? Gambling debt? Drug money? In other words, what was CC supposed to do to comply that led to the "or else" that got his family killed? :waitasec: MOO

Plus if LE thought there were credible threats(they seem very dismissive of the threats)Why wasn"t FBI called in? Or at the very least if threats were because of his employment JMM has many houses that are left empty you would think they would move the family to another house .IMO

mikeysmommom
05-16-2009, 04:59 PM
Has anybody local seen a rush to resign from any other JMM employees?Who would keep working for her if your family might get wiped out by this JMM hater who is on the loose?

panthera
05-16-2009, 05:00 PM
NO and that sticks out to me.If you are sending letters targeting a family then kill them usually there is a sexual assault of the mother.
The "letters" get me. Envelopes, stamps and paper ~ all possible DNA and fingerprints. Typewritten in a computer and printed out ~ easy to trace back to the computer and/or printer. Handwritten ~ can be compared with handwriting samples. I'm sure the message left in the basement has been analyzed also. DUMB! :rolleyes: MOO

Wrinkles
05-16-2009, 05:01 PM
Hello Panthera,

Your coat is looking extremely healthy these days ;)

The threats supposedly had something to do with Chris' work --

Hmmm V8 moment -- so, just how would that sound? And of course, that kinda rules out it sounding like it came from a jealous exhusband.

You wrote:
>>I'd really like to know what he felt was so important for the phone calls?<<

You know, something struck me on this.

A. When he left the house there was a slight shadow of doubt that one of his family members was still alive and might have picked up the phone?
i.e. in that case he might have to skidaddle or go back and finish some things before trying the next flop on the wall welfare check.

B. He was calling to see if his hitman had finished and gotten out of there?

Not that I necessarily believe either of the above AND fully leave the gang to beat both of the above up and get that nicely off the plate :)

W

panthera
05-16-2009, 05:02 PM
Plus if LE thought there were credible threats(they seem very dismissive of the threats)Why wasn"t FBI called in? Or at the very least if threats were because of his employment JMM has many houses that are left empty you would think they would move the family to another house .IMO
Exactly! And if the threats were due to his employment with JMM, why him? Why not further up the ladder, even JM herself? :waitasec: MOO

mikeysmommom
05-16-2009, 05:04 PM
The "letters" get me. Envelopes, stamps and paper ~ all possible DNA and fingerprints. Typewritten in a computer and printed out ~ easy to trace back to the computer and/or printer. Handwritten ~ can be compared with handwriting samples. I'm sure the message left in the basement has been analyzed also. DUMB! :rolleyes: MOO

I am starting to wonder if that box of books were true crime cases and instead of reading them just flipped some pages and took bits and pieces from the other family killers:rolleyes: but IMO He should have read them cause he would have found out they all got caught:eek:

KaylynnCouture
05-16-2009, 05:07 PM
Exactly! And if the threats were due to his employment with JMM, why him? Why not further up the ladder, even JM herself? :waitasec: MOO

You never know though, JM herself or other people who worked there could've received threats as well, they just aren't letting the media know about it.

susnoat
What if SC found out about TL and CC hooking up and called JM directly? JM then confronted CC about it and began the process of being let go because of the morals clause. Meanwhile CC goes home, finds SC is leaving, they argue, kaos ensues, and we pick up the story with the call to LE.

That might explain why JM herself came to the scene so quickly. She might have known there was going to be a throwdown, but it became something even she wouldnt have expected to happen.

Just also seems he was forced to resign pretty (or more than likely face firing) pretty quickly. Unless the process was already started!

chicagofa13
Whew! You had me worried there for a minute~ :blowkiss:

I thought the dark side had taken you. LOL

Oh you should know me better! I am over this case, I've made my mind up. . I don't have time to follow it closely due to work and other stuff, so I am just watching for an arrest!

waltzingmatilda
05-16-2009, 05:11 PM

Computer forensics is why the monster BTK was finally caught!

panthera
05-16-2009, 05:12 PM
Hello Panthera,

Your coat is looking extremely healthy these days ;)

The threats supposedly had something to do with Chris' work --

Hmmm V8 moment -- so, just how would that sound? And of course, that kinda rules out it sounding like it came from a jealous exhusband.

You wrote:
>>I'd really like to know what he felt was so important for the phone calls?<<

You know, something struck me on this.

A. When he left the house there was a slight shadow of doubt that one of his family members were still alive and might have picked up the phone?
i.e. in that case he might have to skidaddle or go back and finish some things before trying the next flop on the wall welfare check.

B. He was calling to see if his hitman had finished and gotten out of there?

Not that I necessarily believe either of the above AND fully leave the gang to beat both of the above up and get that nicely off the plate :)

W
Thanks so much for your compliment! :blowkiss:

I'll agree with your theories about the phone calls, but what I had in mind was more like what he told or was going to tell LE as the reason why he repeatedly called them. Like has been said so many times, he wasn't that far away and if he was that worried, why not just go back home. Or better yet, if he believed the threats would be fulfilled why leave home in the first place and leave his family vulnerable? MOO

panthera
05-16-2009, 05:13 PM
I am starting to wonder if that box of books were true crime cases and instead of reading them just flipped some pages and took bits and pieces from the other family killers:rolleyes: but IMO He should have read them cause he would have found out they all got caught:eek:
So true, even John List, the most famous of all. MOO

mikeysmommom
05-16-2009, 05:14 PM
You never know though, JM herself or other people who worked there could've received threats as well, they just aren't letting the media know about it.

I am sure JM receives threats all the time:boohoo:,but I doubt anyone would target a worker. I think he thought being a preachers son and working for a woman who I am sure gets threats he just ran with it.Thinking he would be above suspicion.
His arrogance will do him in IMO.Major Conner knows who did it and I think we do to:furious:.

waltzingmatilda
05-16-2009, 05:29 PM
I am sure JM receives threats all the time:boohoo:,but I doubt anyone would target a worker. I think he thought being a preachers son and working for a woman who I am sure gets threats he just ran with it.Thinking he would be above suspicion.
His arrogance will do him in IMO.Major Conner knows who did it and I think we do to:furious:.

This is another indication of sociopathic behaviour, IMO. Out of all the other 'more important' people surrounding him, he was the only one important enough to be receiving these threats? WTH! It's reminiscent of KC Anthony's tale of her family being in danger by the bad guys after lil Caylee disappeared.

Wrinkles
05-16-2009, 05:38 PM
Greetings Pres101,

No specific destination for the money. This would mean that you give money and the family (Chris Coleman) decides what to do with it.

Thanks for the info -- yes, I had found the above. There were several obits (for several services) -- the one I saw was not the one that read like the above (although it was for the Chester service at the church of Chris' dad). I would have understood that (i.e. "of choice"), even as I understood the one that I saw that specified an "earmarked" fund for the money to go to. It was not the "Coleman family fund" or the "Coleman family memorial" or "Victims of violent crimes" -- it indicated a specifically "named" fund at the church. I am really really clear about that. I just can't find the obit and could kick myself for not having called it out when I read it, "noting" the specific name.

At anyrate, I'll drop it -- but there is just something bothering me about that fund and I wonder how it will be used. I hope that the funds will be used to honor Sheri and the children.

W

Wrinkles
05-16-2009, 05:41 PM
Hello Panthera and All,

Panthera, you wrote:
>>I'll agree with your theories about the phone calls, but what I had in mind was more like what he told or was going to tell LE as the reason why he repeatedly called them.<<

I think it was TallCoolOne that was reminded about one fellow who called home to say, "Hello beautiful."

W

RR0004
05-16-2009, 05:43 PM
You are so right, but have we heard about the family dynamics. Since my mom died, my dad went off and married the town alcholoic/slut/addict. I've pretty much cut my ties with that side of the family.

My husband specifically knows that I don't want a funeral (cremation instead) and to NOT even call my family. My brother is the only person who will know (and my dear husbands family of course). My side has just turned into trash. My ashes will be tossed in our family estate in Coughton Court, in England (yah, I'm a Throckmorton from the Gunpowder Plot). That's the only place I want to be.

It's also close to his folks home - so a simple ceremony with his side of the family would be just fine.

In short, many families are so f'n dysfunctional, that I can't take into account they were called 2 days later, when my family probably won't be called at all!

Best,

Melanie
But don't we know now that her family had to go to court to get permission to bring Sheri and the boys to Chicago for a memorial service? That sounds as if they cared very much. Could it be that CC didn't make the call because he was aware of how Sheri's family felt about him? That they were aware of the "trouble" going on in her life? Sorry, if this has been discussed.

mikeysmommom
05-16-2009, 05:44 PM
Greetings Pres101,

Thanks for the info -- yes, I had found the above. There were several obits (for several services) -- the one I saw was not the one that read like the above (although it was for the Chester service at the church of Chris' dad). I would have understood that (i.e. "of choice"), even as I understood the one that I saw that specified an "earmarked" fund for the money to go to. It was not the "Coleman family fund" or the "Coleman family memorial" or "Victims of violent crimes" -- it indicated a specifically "named" fund at the church. I am really really clear about that. I just can't find the obit and could kick myself for not having called it out when I read it, "noting" the specific name.

At anyrate, I'll drop it -- but there is just something bothering me about that fund and I wonder how it will be used. I hope that the funds will be used to honor Sheri and the children.

W

IMO its ASCCA :eek:Fund not a good way to Honor Sheri and her 2 sons IMO. A SAVE CC a** Fund

panthera
05-16-2009, 05:45 PM
Hello Panthera and All,

Panthera, you wrote:
>>I'll agree with your theories about the phone calls, but what I had in mind was more like what he told or was going to tell LE as the reason why he repeatedly called them.<<

I think it was TallCoolOne that was reminded about one fellow who called home to say, "Hello beautiful."

W
Ohhhhh yes ~ how could I ever forget. :doh:

OrdinaryLife
05-16-2009, 05:48 PM
This case reads like a DP Peterson. Only, two children were murdered and not one. Doing a quick read, this guy covered his butt. I have very real difficulty believing that he was *so* concerned about his family that he left them to go to the gym and then called LE because he couldn't get hold of his wife on the phone. Nope, not so much. Threatening letters left thoughout the home??? Pul-eeze. Set up.

As far as his being a Preacher's son, etc....means absolutely nothing to me. How many times have we read about sociopathic people being part of some religious family/group only to learn it was nothing but part of their exterior life. Not real. A "cover" that hid their true person.

Stepped in. stepping out, and now will wait for those with more knowledge to enlighten me more. :)

RR0004
05-16-2009, 05:49 PM
from the obit just posted:

COLUMBIA - Sheri A. Coleman, 31, passed away at 7:55 a.m. Tuesday, May 5, 2009, at her residence.

link http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/thesouthern/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=127063229

why would they put this time and where did they get that info???
I'm not 100% sure...but usually time of death is called when the body has been brought to the hospital. This may have been when a doctor pronounced her in the emergency room of whatever hospital she was brought to (though it wasn't much longer after discovery).

ETA: still doesn't explain the wording, though.

panthera
05-16-2009, 05:56 PM
I'm not 100% sure...but usually time of death is called when the body has been brought to the hospital. This may have been when a doctor pronounced her in the emergency room of whatever hospital she was brought to (though it wasn't much longer after discovery).
I'm not exactly sure what happened in this case, although transportation to a hospital is not always what occurs. It could be that the victims were obviously deceased when LE arrived, or EMS arrived and could not revive the victims, thereby calling the coroner's office to come to the scene and pronounce death (7:55am). In which case, the bodies would be transported to the morgue for autopsy. MOO

Melanie
05-16-2009, 06:18 PM

errr...we don't call anyone crazy on this MB. There's room for both sides, and Ive seen both sides written in a well respected manner. You could learn a lesson or 2 :)

:slap:

Melanie
05-16-2009, 06:21 PM
I'm not exactly sure what happened in this case, although transportation to a hospital is not always what occurs. It could be that the victims were obviously deceased when LE arrived, or EMS arrived and could not revive the victims, thereby calling the coroner's office to come to the scene and pronounce death (7:55am). In which case, the bodies would be transported to the morgue for autopsy. MOO

Oh that makes so much more sense to me. When I heard SC passed at 7:55 I'm like "WHAT"!!! This necessarily isn't the TOD, and wouldn't make a lot of sense.

I think one of the neigbors could confirm if the victims left in a coronor's van vs. an ambulance.

Now I feel like such a plonker....

Thanks!

Melanie

panthera
05-16-2009, 06:37 PM
Oh that makes so much more sense to me. When I heard SC passed at 7:55 I'm like "WHAT"!!! This necessarily isn't the TOD, and wouldn't make a lot of sense.

I think one of the neigbors could confirm if the victims left in a coronor's van vs. an ambulance.

Now I feel like such a plonker....

Thanks!

Melanie
You're most welcome. :) Don't feel badly ~I just know first-hand what the possibilities are.

panthera
05-16-2009, 06:39 PM
errr...we don't call anyone crazy on this MB. There's room for both sides, and Ive seen both sides written in a well respected manner. You could learn a lesson or 2 :)

:slap:
I interpreted this post as the poster was kidding ~ saying something like what a defense attorney would come up with. ;)

Melanie
05-16-2009, 06:39 PM

ETA: still doesn't explain the wording, though.

Haven't been perusing the obits in a while -- but do folks normally put the time? Whem my mom died, we said she passed on January 14, followed by the year. No time. Does it strike anyone as odd?

Best,

Mel

Melanie
05-16-2009, 06:49 PM
This case reads like a DP Peterson. Only, two children were murdered and not one. Doing a quick read, this guy covered his butt. I have very real difficulty believing that he was *so* concerned about his family that he left them to go to the gym and then called LE because he couldn't get hold of his wife on the phone. Nope, not so much. Threatening letters left thoughout the home??? Pul-eeze. Set up.

As far as his being a Preacher's son, etc....means absolutely nothing to me. How many times have we read about sociopathic people being part of some religious family/group only to learn it was nothing but part of their exterior life. Not real. A "cover" that hid their true person.

Stepped in. stepping out, and now will wait for those with more knowledge to enlighten me more. :)

Sunday School teachers are murderers too! Melissa Huckaby comes to mind. A SUNDAY school teacher accused of raping and murdering a girl and leaving the body in a suitcase has cried during her first court appearance.

I personally think people like this hide behind their religion, making them appear so innocent (oh, he/she would never do that). Just like CC, IMHO he may have felt he could hide behind JMM -- fortunately, she didn't take the bait.

again - just my opinion.

Best,

Mel

panthera
05-16-2009, 06:51 PM
Haven't been perusing the obits in a while -- but do folks normally put the time? Whem my mom died, we said she passed on January 14, followed by the year. No time. Does it strike anyone as odd?

Best,

Mel
No ~ it isn't normal. The instinces where the exact TOD is known are usually when it occurs in a hospital. In this case the time listed is only for documentation (death certificate) purposes, not as the time the murder occurred. Since this is a homicide, it is very odd to list the time in an obituary, imo.

DairyGirl
05-16-2009, 06:54 PM
No ~ it isn't normal. The instinces where the exact TOD is known are usually when it occurs in a hospital. In this case the time listed is only for documentation (death certificate) purposes, not as the time the murder occurred. Since this is a homicide, it is very odd to list the time in an obituary, imo.

Unless you were trying to create doubt as to who the killer could be I suppose.

panthera
05-16-2009, 07:02 PM
Unless you were trying to create doubt as to who the killer could be I suppose.
That's about the only explanation I can think of. Note the obit also has his name listed with "he survives" afterward. Was this written by him? :waitasec:

analytical
05-16-2009, 07:04 PM
Regarding the time of death listed in Sheri's obit, it seems reporting times of death and even locations such as one that a person died "in the home of a daughter and son-in-law" is just how that newspaper reports.

While it's not typical, it doesn't seem to be unusual.

Here's an obit where time of date is llisted.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/thesouthern/obituary.aspx?n=rodney-clark&pid=127327740

mikeysmommom
05-16-2009, 07:04 PM
Found this on a comment board on todays st louis post
.""I have a question for you....if they have this thing wrapped up...why did the major case squad drive over 400 miles one way to the youngest brothers house friday evening and make him provide an alibi for the times in question?"""

Melanie
05-16-2009, 07:07 PM
Oh you should know me better! I am over this case, I've made my mind up. . I don't have time to follow it closely due to work and other stuff, so I am just watching for an arrest!

Thank you so much! I'm like, oh dear Lord, there's a hater amongs us. Maybe I'm a bit petrified with all these killers runnin round!

:crazy:

Carrington
05-16-2009, 07:29 PM
.""I have a question for you....if they have this thing wrapped up...why did the major case squad drive over 400 miles one way to the youngest brothers house friday evening and make him provide an alibi for the times in question?"""

And, would that be Brad or Chad, CC younger brother? I forgot his name.
The deer strangler guy......
IMO

RAELON
05-16-2009, 07:30 PM
What if SC found out about TL and CC hooking up and called JM directly? JM then confronted CC about it and began the process of being let go because of the morals clause. Meanwhile CC goes home, finds SC is leaving, they argue, kaos ensues, and we pick up the story with the call to LE.

That might explain why JM herself came to the scene so quickly. She might have known there was going to be a throwdown, but it became something even she wouldnt have expected to happen.

Just also seems he was forced to resign pretty (or more than likely face firing) pretty quickly. Unless the process was already started!

Excellent theory! :clap:
Only we have the threatening letters

panthera
05-16-2009, 07:41 PM
IMO
I believe the brother's name is Brad. :)

TallCoolOne
This is my exact same thoughts. Murderers are not smart. It's not like smart is a requirement. Infact, if your thinking about murdering someone, I'd say you are not smart. They just think they are smart. That's it.

I can't tell you how many times I have read people say things like, 'could he be that stupid?' Well, HELLO!!!!

This one's all over 'cept for the arrest.

*SNAP* *SNAP* NEXT!!!!!!

waterlooinspector
He was camping out inside the house all night before he murdered them! :rolleyes: (At least, the family believes it! WTH?! :bang:)

Maybe we can hear from Chestergal....what is the mood of the locals? Are they talking more about this? Have you heard anything from members of his father's church? Can they possibly all be blinded by what is stacking up against CC?

mikeysmommom
05-16-2009, 07:46 PM
IMO

?They did not say.Also read that the second finger prints were for a palm print because there was a palm print found not seen with the naked eye .do not know if It is true but my first reaction to second prints was for a palm print.Just sayin

TallCoolOne
05-16-2009, 07:52 PM

Best,

Mel
Extremely.

SeriouslySearching
05-16-2009, 08:02 PM
.""I have a question for you....if they have this thing wrapped up...why did the major case squad drive over 400 miles one way to the youngest brothers house friday evening and make him provide an alibi for the times in question?"""Interesting because the MCS disbanded on Friday. LOL

panthera
05-16-2009, 08:11 PM
Interesting because the MCS disbanded on Friday. LOL
Yes, very interesting. :waitasec:

Coleman detective squad leaves murder case in prosecutor's hands

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/laworder/story/55BEDEEF86B989A7862575B8000E0FB8?OpenDocument

mikeysmommom
05-16-2009, 08:12 PM
Interesting because the MCS disbanded on Friday. LOL

So they said LOL

waterlooinspector
05-16-2009, 08:13 PM
Excellent theory! :clap:
Only we have the threatening letters

Didn't JM come to the subdivision originally to support CC and help him in his alleged grief? I honestly think she was blindsided by this and had no idea what going down

pferrin
05-16-2009, 08:20 PM
Wrinkles, I found this article...sounds as if Family Choice at grace church is the name of the fund. It is last line of article.

http://www.bnd.com/news/crime/story/760589.html

SeriouslySearching
05-16-2009, 08:22 PM
Where did it say the youngest brother lived? Is Brad the only sibling?

mikeysmommom
05-16-2009, 08:29 PM
Even if they disbanded fri maybe they disbanded friday night after visiting the brother kind of a surprise visit?

mikeysmommom
05-16-2009, 08:31 PM

I believe he also has another brother do not know where he lives.

mikeysmommom
05-16-2009, 08:32 PM
Would be interesting if the brother does live 400 miles away.

fran
05-16-2009, 08:36 PM

Wow, bet the brother was surprised when they showed up at his door! :eek:

Doncha' just love these LE with their 'oh, we're done,' but then 'sorry, we lied.' ;)

The pros probably wanted that little ol' 't' crossed there.:confused: LOL, probably like a drive-bye QUESTION.:crazy:

JMHO
fran

swa
05-16-2009, 08:37 PM
I bet Chris thought he was a real genius - calling police to check on his family -- when he already knew they were dead -- unfortunately Chris -- this is the biggest red flag and DUMBEST criminal move I've seen in quite a while.

Also... not calling your wife's parents to let them know? Wow... we're working with a criminal mastermind here.

Say hello to the death penalty Chris.

browneyes
05-16-2009, 08:42 PM
Gosh I hate to be a thread hog, but sometimes I just have so many ideas!:crazy:

Doncha' just love how the timelines on some of these cases begin to shrink like cotton in hot water!?:confused:

So, we start out Chris tells LE he left the home about 5:30 a.m.............

A day or so ago, LE says he left the home at 5:48

Then earlier we hear the bodies were found about 7:00 a.m.

NOW we find that LE arrived on the scene at 6:51 a.m.

Now you have to ask yourself, IF LE was on the scene at 6:51 a.m., just how long before that did Chris call the neighborhood LE officer?

LE is asking for anyone to contact them with anything suspicious on the bridge PRIOR to 6:50 a.m. on the morning of the murders.:bang:

Yeah, same type of thing happened to Scott Peterson......He THOUGHT he'd have all day to have had the disappearance of his wife develope. That darn neighbor who found the darn dog narrowed his timeline down to 45 minutes. Then that darn Mark Geragos had to make such a big deal out of the meringue thingy, he cut off another 20 minutes...............then that dumb cell phone tower............cut off another twenty minutes or so...............:waitasec:

Yep....................when all was said and done,.............10 minutes was all it was................the perp did it to himself no less. Between his statement to LE and him checking his OWN voice-mail, :bang:

How many more minutes are they going to shave off this case?:behindbar

Curiouser and curiouser, ;)
fran

PS..........see I'm thinkin' if LE is asking for anything prior to 6:50 a.m. that morning, do they believe Chris was actually closer to the home? Did he throw out something on his way? Did he call them from closer to home than he wants everyone to believe?

http://www.bnd.com/breaking_news/story/767039.html

Connor said evidence was discarded on Interstate 255, and investigators are asking for anyone who saw something unusual before 6:50 a.m. May 5 to call police.

Fran, this is why I love you so much!!! You are a genius and comical at that! :clap:

:blowkiss::blowkiss:

mikeysmommom
05-16-2009, 08:42 PM

Also a Keith of Rogers Ark is that about 400 miles?

swa
05-16-2009, 08:43 PM
This is my exact same thoughts. Murderers are not smart. It's not like smart is a requirement. Infact, if your thinking about murdering someone, I'd say you are not smart. They just think they are smart. That's it.

I can't tell you how many times I have read people say things like, 'could he be that stupid?' Well, HELLO!!!!

*SNAP* *SNAP* NEXT!!!!!!

Great point . . . these guys always think they have the "perfect plan" -- unfortunately . . . they ALWAYS make a mistake.

swa
05-16-2009, 08:46 PM
Fran, this is why I love you so much!!! You are a genius and comical at that! :clap:

:blowkiss::blowkiss:

My guess also is that they will determine the family died WAY before the 5:30, 5:48, etc.. timeframe that Chris gave.

chicagofa13
05-16-2009, 08:47 PM
Hello Panthera and All,

Panthera, you wrote:

W

There was a guy in Colorado convicted of murdering his wife (found in a landfill) and daughter (never found) who called home repeatedly over the day. They played his phone messages. I can't remember his name but I think the daughter's name was Abby. Pretty sure 'hey beautiful' was one of his lines.

mikeysmommom
05-16-2009, 08:49 PM
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=map+chester+il&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&split=0&gl=us&ei=YF4PSt23BJWNtgfMzYH5Bw&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1

showing route from chester Il to roger Ark do not know if its 400 miles.

ADDED its 427 from Chester to Roger Ark and brother Keith's Hmmmmmmmm sounds like it is true.427 mi – about 6 hours 43 mins

cleo612
05-16-2009, 08:55 PM
WRINKLES:

This was originally posted by SeriouslySearching on 5/8/09 in post #242 on the first thread for this topic.

The family also is survived by: Sheri Coleman's parents, Donald Weiss of Clearwater, Fla., and Angela DeCiceo, of La Grange Park; Sheri Coleman's brother, Mario Weiss, of La Grange; Chris Coleman's parents, the Rev. Ronald and Connie Coleman, of Chester; Chris Coleman's brothers, Bradley (Jennifer) Coleman, of Chester, and Keith (Emily) Coleman, of Rogers, Ark.; and nieces, nephews, grandparents, uncles, aunts and cousins.

Memorials may be made to Family Choice, in care of Grace Church Ministries, 2100 State St. in Chester

http://www.bnd.com/news/crime/story/760589.html (http://www.bnd.com/news/crime/story/760589.html)

I hope this is what you were looking for.

panthera
05-16-2009, 08:56 PM
My guess also is that they will determine the family died WAY before the 5:30, 5:48, etc.. timeframe that Chris gave.
I wouldn't doubt that at all. Even though LE has not named him as a suspect yet, it does appear that is the direction they're headed. MOO

panthera
05-16-2009, 08:59 PM
Wow, bet the brother was surprised when they showed up at his door! :eek:

Doncha' just love these LE with their 'oh, we're done,' but then 'sorry, we lied.' ;)

The pros probably wanted that little ol' 't' crossed there.:confused: LOL, probably like a drive-bye QUESTION.:crazy:

JMHO
fran
What is the link to the news article that says LE went down there ~ all I've seen is the comment by somebody posting at that site. Is there any confirmation this really happened? :confused:

fran
05-16-2009, 09:02 PM

*SNAP* *SNAP* NEXT!!!!!!

LOL, oh sorry, this reminds me, once again of something in the Peterson case.

Remember when Jackie Peterson was recorded talking to SP on the phone and they were talking about the bodies being in the Bay. (can't recall if they'd already washed ashore or not, I think yes):waitasec:

Anyway, Jackie said something like, referring to Scott, "....even you wouldn't even be that stupid......" :eek:

Surprize! Surprize!:rolleyes:

Yes he would!!!!!!!!! and was!!!!!!!!:bang: Yup! A *real genius* :behindbar

Just sayin'

fran

cleo612
05-16-2009, 09:03 PM
Also a Keith of Rogers Ark is that about 400 miles?

That sounds about right.

mikeysmommom
05-16-2009, 09:04 PM
What is the link to the news article that says LE went down there ~ all I've seen is the comment by somebody posting at that site. Is there any confirmation this really happened? :confused:

No link found it on comment by person who knew other things later proven.400 miles seems very close one way so I am thinking this maybe true.

fran
05-16-2009, 09:05 PM

Sorry panthera........I haven't seen anything other than what's been said here.

I do know though, that on the news website blog, there's one particular poster that has made several *statements* that were brushed off as *rumor* that a few days later materialized.

JMHO
fran

mikeysmommom
05-16-2009, 09:09 PM
Sorry pathera........I haven't seen anything other than what's been said here.

I do know though, that on the news website blog, there's one particular poster that has made several *statements* that were brushed off as *rumor* that a few days later materialized.

JMHO
fran

We do not have a rumor thread but I only post posters that have been right also.

fran
05-16-2009, 09:26 PM
We do not have a rumor thread but I only post posters that have been right also.

I've seen many of the predictions from over there come through as well, mikeysmommom..........no worries!

:blowkiss:
fran

WholeLottaRosie
05-16-2009, 09:36 PM

This may have been answered, am playing catch up, but:

Chris Coleman's brothers, Bradley (Jennifer) Coleman, of Chester, and Keith (Emily) Coleman, of Rogers, Ark.;

And per Map Quest, from Columbia, IL to Rogers, AR Estimated Time: 5 hours 12 minutes Estimated Distance: 307.92 miles

fran
05-16-2009, 09:39 PM
As we have several people who've just begun following this case the past few days, I'd like to refer you to posts on this page that give a good summary of things to date.

Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt2 - Page 17 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Posts by gitani1, # 404, 407,409, 413

Post by Bluenote, # 411

Believe me, this could save you HOURS of reading.

:)
fran

SeriouslySearching
05-16-2009, 09:41 PM
I have it on good authority that a trip was made out of state just last night to interview yet another person.

Don't want to tip my hat prematurely and say what state. :)

They must have gone to Arkansas. LOL
LOL Hit that nail on the head, eh?

So what do we know about Keith? Guess we need to do some digging. ;)

SeriouslySearching
05-16-2009, 09:43 PM
We do not have a rumor thread but I only post posters that have been right also.It was stated by Analytical before the other poster mentioned it, I think. See my post below. ;)

mikeysmommom
05-16-2009, 10:05 PM
It was stated by Analytical before the other poster mentioned it, I think. See my post below. ;)

Hmmmmmmmm thats right ,I was here when Analy posted it.I found on zaba serach a Keith born in 1977 lives in Little rock ark.but obit says Roger Ark.

mikeysmommom
05-16-2009, 10:09 PM
LOL Hit that nail on the head, eh?

So what do we know about Keith? Guess we need to do some digging. ;)

SS If I am ever Whacked lol Please promise to sleuth me.Thiss way to you can let LE know sleuthing was my hobby and thats why so much about murders is on my computer:rolleyes:

mikeysmommom
05-16-2009, 10:11 PM
I mapquest from Chester IL where MCS was last to Rogers Ark its above its 427 give or take to direct address,So I do believe they were there last night as the poster said they said 400 miles one way.Awe full close if just a guess IMO

kiki the parrot
05-16-2009, 10:17 PM
SS If I am ever Whacked lol Please promise to sleuth me.Thiss way to you can let LE know sleuthing was my hobby and thats why so much about murders is on my computer:rolleyes:

omg yes... the things I have looked up lol... anyone would think I had a REALLY criminal mindset :eek:

:parrot:

RR0004
05-16-2009, 10:19 PM
Thanks. I don't know how that works. I was told years back that time of death has to be called at a hospital (my father died in his sleep and it was an ambulance that removed the body) so that would make sense if the coroner was called. But doing it at the scene...then repeating it in an obituary...is a bit odd to me. Who would do such a thing?

mikeysmommom
05-16-2009, 10:25 PM
Ok I might just be crazy but it seems like Cape Giraud is halfway to ARK.Do you think its possible when CC went to his moms hospital trip the other day with the police escort he maybe had his brother meet him there to give him something that CC needed to hide like a weapon or some thing and LE might have realized this and then went to search brothers home?Maybe I am thinking too Much.But sure seems funny for CC to go along he could have just stayed home then his parents would not of had the police escort.

Lovejac
05-16-2009, 10:25 PM
Thanks. I don't know how that works. I was told years back that time of death has to be called at a hospital (my father died in his sleep and it was an ambulance that removed the body) so that would make sense if the coroner was called. But doing it at the scene...then repeating it in an obituary...is a bit odd to me. Who would do such a thing?

ITA. I can't recall when I've ever seen the time of death listed in an obit. :waitasec: Very odd.

mikeysmommom
05-16-2009, 10:27 PM

A man who was trying to look innocent to the donating public s eye Maybe? Or it is to muddy TOD for potential jury pool?

panthera
05-16-2009, 10:30 PM
Good question. Obviously if she had still been alive when LE arrived at the scene, EMS would have immediately transported her Code 3 to a hospital. I will offer that where the person is officially pronounced deceased often depends on the circumstances, and policies of LE in certain jurisdictions. MOO

analytical
05-16-2009, 10:30 PM
A man who was trying to look innocent to the donating public s eye Maybe?

It's just a pecularity for this paper. I posted a few pages back and gave an obit as an example.

The obits give time and even location such as "in the home of ..... "

So it's just the way this newspaper reports - if you don't believe me, take a look at some of the recent obits at that site.

RR0004
05-16-2009, 10:33 PM
A man who was trying to look innocent to the donating public s eye Maybe? Or it is to muddy TOD for potential jury pool?
Could be...it just makes me kinda nauseous, ya know? I get stuck on that...then lose the desire to take note of anything else.

mikeysmommom
05-16-2009, 10:34 PM
It's just a pecularity for this paper. I posted a few pages back and gave an obit as an example.

The obits give time and even location such as "in the home of ..... "

So it's just the way this newspaper reports - if you don't believe me, take a look at some of the recent obits at that site.

Location yes I have seen a lot but time never.Could it be to muddy TOD for a jury pool? Just a thought.Just because I have a different viewpoint does not mean I do not believe you :)lol.You were right last night when you said they went out of state.

RR0004
05-16-2009, 10:34 PM
Good question. Obviously if she had still been alive when LE arrived at the scene, EMS would have immediately transported her Code 3 to a hospital. I will offer that where the person is officially pronounced deceased often depends on the circumstances, and policies of LE in certain jurisdictions. MOO
Do ya think that she may have been barely alive?

mikeysmommom
05-16-2009, 10:36 PM
Could be...it just makes me kinda nauseous, ya know? I get stuck on that...then lose the desire to take note of anything else.

Every thing about this makes me nauseous. Such a horrible thing to happen.

RR0004
05-16-2009, 10:38 PM
Every thing about this makes me nauseous. Such a horrible thing to happen.
Abominable, MMM. What a beautiful family they were.

analytical
05-16-2009, 10:44 PM
Location yes I have seen a lot but time never.Could it be to muddy TOD for a jury pool? Just a thought.Just because I have a different viewpoint does not mean I do not believe you :)lol.You were right last night when you said they went out of state.

It appears to be a practice for this newspaper to list time of death which I assume they get from the death certificate.

Melanie
05-16-2009, 10:44 PM

How I wished she had lived...how I wished they all lived...

:(

Mel

panthera
05-16-2009, 10:45 PM
No, I was saying if she were still alive she would've been immediately taken to an emergency room. As I understand, that didn't happen so all three of them must have been deceased at the house. :) MOO

panthera
05-16-2009, 10:51 PM
How I wished she had lived...how I wished they all lived...

:(

Mel
As much as her death is heartbreaking, what is especially troubling is the senseless murder of the two little boys. :furious:

Kimster
05-16-2009, 10:57 PM
No, I was saying if she were still alive she would've been immediately taken to an emergency room. As I understand, that didn't happen so all three of them must have been deceased at the house. :) MOO

I doubt CC would have been having his theatrical episode on the front lawn, either. He'd be all over LE saying "DID SHE SAY ANYTHING?":mad:

Melanie
05-16-2009, 11:04 PM

*SNAP* *SNAP* NEXT!!!!!!

No offense to the male posters here - this actually came from my husband. We were talking about this case and his opnion is these guys are thinking with their 2nd brain (nope, not the one between the ears). Many men kill their spouses so they can move on to another (usually sexier) woman.

Though in this case, I tend to disagree. SC is GORGEOUS, and reminds me of Jennifer Aniston.

I don't think many male killers think it thru and act rationally. Though there are some pretty snarky female killers out there (just not as many).

Again, My husbands opinion!

Best,

Mel

panthera
05-16-2009, 11:10 PM
I doubt CC would have been having his theatrical episode on the front lawn, either. He'd be all over LE saying "DID SHE SAY ANYTHING?":mad:
Very good point! :) MOO

chestergal
05-16-2009, 11:17 PM
Having TOD (TOD as pronounced by the coroner on scene) is common in obits down here.
It means NOTHING more than the time the coroner pronounced TOD.

The Coleman's bodies were not removed from the home until sometime after the 6pm news on that Tuesday. I recall a newscaster reporting on it at 6pm that evening saying that investigators and the deceased family was still in the home during that broadcast.

And Google is your friend...

Google: Family Choice Chester IL

Kimster
05-16-2009, 11:21 PM
Very good point! :) MOO

Years of Ann Rule and then a membership at WS allows a person to read these perps like a book! LITERALLY!

panthera
05-16-2009, 11:24 PM
Years of Ann Rule and then a membership at WS allows a person to read these perps like a book! LITERALLY!
Too bad the perps don't read the same book! :)

mikeysmommom
05-16-2009, 11:26 PM

Ann Rule is one of the best and your statement is so very true .I think it keeps our BS monitor well tuned.

Kimster
05-16-2009, 11:27 PM
Too bad the perps don't read the same book! :)

Hey, at least he tried to look upset, I guess? I'm even more baffled when they don't even put forth the effort! The main thing to remember is that every single one of them truly believes they are much smarter than the rest of the human race and that they WILL get away with it.

Sadly, many of them have..........:furious:

mikeysmommom
05-16-2009, 11:37 PM
It appears to be a practice for this newspaper to list time of death which I assume they get from the death certificate.

I believe they got the TOD from when coroner pronounced them dead.A death certificate takes time would not have been available that soon.The REAL TOD has yet to be seen.

panthera
05-16-2009, 11:44 PM
I believe they got the TOD from when coroner pronounced them dead.A death certificate takes time would not have been available that soon.The REAL TOD has yet to be seen.
So true ~ 7:55am is irrelevant in the big picture. :)

panthera
05-16-2009, 11:46 PM
Good night everyone and hopefully we'll have more news tomorrow. :seeya:

gitana1
05-16-2009, 11:47 PM
There was a guy in Colorado convicted of murdering his wife (found in a landfill) and daughter (never found) who called home repeatedly over the day. They played his phone messages. I can't remember his name but I think the daughter's name was Abby. Pretty sure 'hey beautiful' was one of his lines.

I remember that case well. It was Abby and Jennifer Blagg. Very similar. Also religious family that seemed "perfect".

Bobbisangel
05-16-2009, 11:50 PM
About everything being in his name....I wonder if they had been talking divorce and she was willing to give him everything except the boys to save a long drawn out divorce and the hassle that comes with it? In his head he knew that he was going to kill the whole family and wanted everything in his name so he went along with the divorce plan. He would have had everything but still would have had to pay child support for many years and possibly through college. If she hadn't worked through their marriage he would have ended up paying spousel support at least for a while too. Maybe part of the DayCare if she worked and probably the boys medical.

chestergal
05-17-2009, 12:03 AM
Family Choice
family choice
family's choice

all mean the same in the Coleman obits. (it may seem odd to people who are not from the area - but my post about Googling: Family Choice Chester IL would help you find the articles more quickly and it helps in showing that Family Choice (family choice) has been used in other obits in the area.)

It means the family (or person) donating can pick who they want to donate to:
The c/o can mean two things:

When donating you include whom you are wanting to also be recognized as "giver" (or in memory of)

It can also mean that your donation can be specified to whom you want it to go to and the c/o is another party that sees that the donation is delivered to the charity.

Example:
If I donate $25 and I want it go to the American Red Cross in memory of the Coleman family, the c/o means that while "I am attending" the service for the Coleman family that I can leave my donation check made out for the American Red Cross in memory of the Coleman Family with the Grace Church and they will forward it to the American Red Cross for me.

Grace Church acts as a intermediary with my donation.

Care of, usually abbreviated as c/o on envelopes, signifies an intermediary who is responsible for transferring a piece of mail between the postal system and the final addressee. For example when the addressee has no standard address, is under a corporate mail system, or is being manually forwarded mail sent to a more accessible location.

This shows to the family that I did make a donation in memory of the Coleman family.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/thesouthern/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=127063229

A private funeral service will be held, with Pastor Mike Shepard and Pastor Phil Stern officiating. Interment will be at Evergreen Cemetery in Chester. Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at Grace Church Ministries in Chester.

Memorials may be made to the family's choice, C/O Grace Church Ministries.

lonetraveler
05-17-2009, 12:10 AM
I remember that case well. It was Abby and Jennifer Blagg. Very similar. Also religious family that seemed "perfect".
---------
IIRC, the mother's remains were finally found but the little girl, Abby was never found. Very sad. But, you are correct, he called several times during the day and left messages.

chestergal
05-17-2009, 12:15 AM
Some things that are commonly done in murders that have or have not been done with this case.

There are no reward funds set up to find more info or the killer(s) of the Coleman family.

There has been no public donation funds set up yet to help Chris Coleman (the poor victim - /sarcasm)

The family has not made any statements.

Only one family friend has come out and a couple of neighbors who are ticked off about the slight traffic increase on their street since Chris is staying with his parents.

SeriouslySearching
05-17-2009, 12:26 AM
I doubt CC would have been having his theatrical episode on the front lawn, either. He'd be all over LE saying "DID SHE SAY ANYTHING?":mad:Maybe they should have tried that as a first interrogation tactic. Telling him she gave them the killer's identity could have ended this immediately. ;)

SeriouslySearching
05-17-2009, 12:31 AM
Some things that are commonly done in murders that have been done with this case.

There are no reward funds set up to find more info or the killer(s) of the Coleman family.

There has been no public donation funds set up yet to help Chris Coleman (the poor victim - /sarcasm)

The family has not made any statements.

Only one family friend has come out and a couple of neighbors who are ticked off about the slight traffic increase on their street since Chris is staying with his parents.Excellent points. The reward for information leading to the capture and conviction of the killer is very obviously missing in this case. No one has offered a dime to find him. Sometimes you will even see Crime Stoppers or other organizations stepping up. Not this time.

I am very surprised no fund for Chris has been established. I figured someone in the father's church would have already had that up and running. It is interesting the people who are sticking up for him aren't offering monetary support. After all, he is going to be in need of funds since he quit his job and now has no income. Where is the love?! :rolleyes:

SeriouslySearching
05-17-2009, 12:44 AM
SS If I am ever Whacked lol Please promise to sleuth me.This way you can let LE know sleuthing was my hobby and thats why so much about murders is on my computer:rolleyes:Hahahaha~ YOUR computer?! You should see mine! OMG! :eek:

No worries tho...we promise to sleuth the hell out of your case and bring you justice. I prefer to keep you around instead...so if you ever find yourself in a position to get whacked...let us know. ;) We will arrive with computers blazing and LE riding shotgun. :Banane37: :cop:

ETA: Where is everyone?

chestergal
05-17-2009, 12:46 AM
I have been told by a couple of sources in Chester who are in the know.

The Coleman home in Chester and Chris are still under constant "LE" 24/7 day surveillance.

I cannot say how they are doing this but CC remains LE's number one unannounced suspect and they are taking it very serious that a highly suspected triple murderer is still on the streets and that is why he is currently under 24/7 LE surveillance.

Kimster
05-17-2009, 12:47 AM
SS, I was wondering the same thing! YOOHOO! Where is everyone??????

Kimster
05-17-2009, 12:49 AM
Chestergal,

You aren't the only one saying that!

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/columbia-il/T6EF1LUHNDSA0L3RI/p15#lastPost

SuziQ
05-17-2009, 12:54 AM
SS, I was wondering the same thing! YOOHOO! Where is everyone??????

I've been painting and finally finished! Woo hoo!

Chestergal, thanks for the update!

Kimster
05-17-2009, 12:54 AM
I think its really great that LE continues to observe CC. More than one poster here has mentioned that there is a strong possibility that CC could decide to "do himself in" and possibly take other innocent lives with him!

Kimster
05-17-2009, 12:55 AM

Glad you are back! :blowkiss:

chestergal
05-17-2009, 01:29 AM

I found out more things but I have to keep mum on them. (What I learned all clearly leads to CC as the perp and it all fits into the big picture of why and how.)

I did learn that JMM did force him to resign and that he broke several company policies than JMM learned about due to the investigation that is going on. JMM wants to fully wipe their hands clean of him and at this point "I believe" that JMM knows now why CC is the MCS's only and #1 (unannounced publicly) suspect.

The people I talked though did not seem concerned if other people found out about the 24/7 surveillance they just stated that how and where LE is should not be put out there. They even stated they they thought CC knew he was being watched 24/7 at this point but they didn't think CC knew fully how it was being done.

I just know it is not the MCS crew or 8+ MCS crew watching him now and it is not Chester PD doing it either.

SeriouslySearching
05-17-2009, 01:40 AM
I have been told by a couple of sources in Chester who are in the know.

The Coleman home in Chester and Chris are still under constant "LE" 24/7 day surveillance.

I cannot say how they are doing this but CC remains LE's number one unannounced suspect and they are taking it very serious that a highly suspected triple murderer is still on the streets and that is why he is currently under 24/7 LE surveillance. This is very good news~ Glad to hear it and hopefully the locals will feel better knowing that LE has everything under control.

chestergal
05-17-2009, 01:48 AM
I wish I lived on Dixie Dr - I would be having a big garage sale due to all the extra traffic coming in on the street from the rubberneckers passing by the Coleman home at the end of the block. (LOL - I am guilty of being a rubbernecker once or twice on Dixie Dr)

IdleSleuth
05-17-2009, 01:51 AM
Folks,

Why do you think LE seized Coleman's "work related security equipment"? Hint, he wasn't guarding anyone and his equipment was related to surreptitious surveillance.
What do you think Coleman was really doing for his Employer? Why was JM so invested in this guy and his "work"?
Why do you think Coleman was always traveling? Who was he working with? WHERE?
Why do you think Coleman chose the "I'm being threatened" alibi? Why would he believe that others would find it plausible that someone would be so very , very angry with Coleman and his "work" that this person would commit triple murder? Why the threats?
What do you think are the supposed code of conduct violations that s the official reason for JMM firing Coleman (after the fact)? Hint: it wasn't about his alleged affair and it involved his work related activities.

Come on sleuths, see if you can put this together........

Find out what *exactly* Coleman did for a living and where and you will be half way there.

Black Male. 18 years, U.S.C. class of 1875

pres101
05-17-2009, 01:54 AM
Greetings Pres101,

W

I just meant that it looked to me like the money would be donated at the families discretion. I have never seen it listed like this before.

When my wife passed I picked the Big Brother and Big Sister programs for people to give a memorial to. Those were programs that were dear to her heart. Seems to me that they could find something that was dear to Sheri's.

Maybe just another lack of consideration on CC's part. I am sure that he was asked as that is a part of making arrangements.

Lovejac
05-17-2009, 02:00 AM
Folks,

Why do you think LE seized Coleman's "work related security equipment"? Hint, he wasn't guarding anyone and his equipment was related to surreptitious surveillance.
What do you think Coleman was really doing for his Employer? Why was JM so invested in this guy and his "work"?
Why do you think Coleman chose the "I'm being threatened" alibi? Why would he believe that others would find it plausible that someone would be so very , very angry with Coleman and his "work" that this person would commit triple murder? Why the threats?
What do you think are the supposed code of conduct violations that s the official reason for JMM firing Coleman (after the fact)? Hint: it wasn't about his alleged affair and it involved his work related activities.

Find out what *exactly* Coleman did for a living and where and you will be half way there.

Was he acting as a "private investigator"?

ETA: Welcome to WS! Glad to have you here!!

Lovejac
05-17-2009, 02:03 AM
Was he acting as a "private investigator"?

ETA: Welcome to WS! Glad to have you here!!

Sorry to quote myself.

Was he spying on employees???

christee
05-17-2009, 02:07 AM
Folks,

OK, you've got my attention!

I have a question: you posted a date of 1875, is that right or is the date 1975? (sorry, prob a dumb question-just wanted to be sure).

Kimster
05-17-2009, 02:12 AM
Hmmm....because of the stripper girlfriend, I'm going to say he was involved in the porn industry!!!

SeriouslySearching
05-17-2009, 02:13 AM
Folks,

Black Male. 18 years, U.S.C. class of 1875Welcome to WS, IdleSleuth~ Your post is most intriguing. Not quite sure what you are getting at, but I will give it some thought.

Hint, he wasn't guarding anyone and his equipment was related to surreptitious surveillance.

What?! Was he stealing bible quotes from Richard Roberts?

Why do you think Coleman chose the "I'm being threatened" alibi?

Because of the fact JM had stated she received death threats in the past (2003) and there are many wackjobs in the world who target people for their own twisted religious beliefs. He thought this sounded very plausible.

Hint: it wasn't about his alleged affair and it involved his work related activities.

As Chestergal said, there were many infractions other than his affair which have come to light during this investigation. His work related activities also include his "not in good standing" surveillance company which may have been against policies if he was in the habit of using JMM's equipment on the side.

Did you mean 1975? U.S.C.?

Texas Mist
05-17-2009, 02:13 AM
Folks,

Very thought provoking first post, IdleSleuth! In fact, so thought provoking I'm gonna have to mull over this a while.

What is the significance of the "Black Male. 18 years, U.S.C. class of 1875"?

I was following along (I thought) until I read '1875'.

looneymama
05-17-2009, 02:15 AM
Sorry to quote myself.

Was he spying on employees???

Seems like that would make it a lot easier to understand why he worked third shift.

Kimster
05-17-2009, 02:19 AM
IdleSleuth:

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd89/cindy23455/Welcome.jpg

chestergal
05-17-2009, 02:29 AM
OK, you've got my attention!

I have a question: you posted a date of 1875, is that right or is the date 1975? (sorry, prob a dumb question-just wanted to be sure).

Either that or he is a ghost writer! (no I am not making fun of the poster - I too noticed the 1875 date)

Kimster
05-17-2009, 02:34 AM
Either that or he is a ghost writer! (no I am not making fun of the poster - I too noticed the 1875 date)

I even tried Googling it to see if it was a clue. LOL!

I didn't find anything tho....<hangs head>

chestergal
05-17-2009, 02:34 AM
again I am not this poster on the STLToday boards... (I wish I knew who it was so I could talk to them though)

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/emaf.nsf/comments?ReadForm&db=stltoday\news\stories.nsf&docid=55BEDEEF86B989A7862575B8000E0FB8

chesternative97 May 16, 2009 7:20AM CST
i heard earlier this week that they had served warrants on the parents home and the church. they have everything they need.hadnt been released til last night though. there is alot more info out there but you can only leak so much without hurting the case.

chesternative97 May 16, 2009 7:22AM CST
gotta save the good stuff for the big show. lol

Lovejac
05-17-2009, 02:36 AM

Well, he is kind of a ghost writer, he just posted once and now *POOF* he's gone........:waitasec:

Lovejac
05-17-2009, 02:41 AM
http://www.usc.edu/

Established: 1880
Los Angeles was little more than a frontier town in 1880 when USC first opened its doors to 53 students and 10 teachers. Today it is a world-class research university, the oldest private research university in the West.

http://www.sc.edu/

The University of South Carolina is home to more than 200 years of history and tradition, rising from a single building in 1805 on what would become the heart of the campus, the Horseshoe.

Kimster
05-17-2009, 02:42 AM
Well, he is kind of a ghost writer, he just posted once and now *POOF* he's gone........:waitasec:

He appears to be trying to help us figure something out without saying what it is... Chestergal, have you heard any whisperings of CC doing some kind of secretive work for JM?

chestergal
05-17-2009, 02:42 AM
you owe me a new cola - cause mine is now on my monitor

Welcome to WS, IdleSleuth~ Your post is most intriguing. Not quite sure what you are getting at, but I will give it some thought.

Hint, he wasn't guarding anyone and his equipment was related to surreptitious surveillance.

What?! Was he stealing bible quotes from Richard Roberts?

Why do you think Coleman chose the "I'm being threatened" alibi?

Texas Mist
05-17-2009, 02:44 AM
http://www.usc.edu/

Established: 1880
Los Angeles was little more than a frontier town in 1880 when USC first opened its doors to 53 students and 10 teachers. Today it is a world-class research university, the oldest private research university in the West.

http://www.sc.edu/

Also found some Marines here:

http://homepages.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~uscnrotc/Decades/d-1970/c1975.htm

chestergal
05-17-2009, 02:48 AM
He appears to be trying to help us figure something out without saying what it is... Chestergal, have you heard any whisperings of CC doing some kind of secretive work for JM?

no not yet - none of what this poster posted fits into what I have learned - again it goes back to a single suspect who acted alone that targeted Sheri and her boys

Lovejac
05-17-2009, 02:49 AM
Did someone throw us a bone? or is someone ******ing with us?

sc2714
05-17-2009, 02:53 AM
There is a lot of people in this thread... start brainstorming and figure out what that poster was talking about so I can fall asleep!

chestergal
05-17-2009, 02:54 AM
Folks,

Welcome to WS

But I'm not going to bite into it.

Texas Mist
05-17-2009, 02:56 AM
Did someone throw us a bone? or is someone ******ing with us?

lots of typing either way...too bad we can't get the "1875" question answered...that makes no sense right now.

SeriouslySearching
05-17-2009, 03:00 AM
again I am not this poster on the STLToday boards... (I wish I knew who it was so I could talk to them though)

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/emaf.nsf/comments?ReadForm&db=stltoday\news\stories.nsf&docid=55BEDEEF86B989A7862575B8000E0FB8

chesternative97 May 16, 2009 7:20AM CST
i heard earlier this week that they had served warrants on the parents home and the church. they have everything they need.hadnt been released til last night though. there is alot more info out there but you can only leak so much without hurting the case.

chesternative97 May 16, 2009 7:22AM CST
gotta save the good stuff for the big show. lolCome to mention it...we did hear LE was at the church. Now...what could they possibly want from his father's church? (Maybe he was stealing bible quotes from everyone! hehehe)

Kimster
05-17-2009, 03:00 AM
There is a lot of people in this thread... start brainstorming and figure out what that poster was talking about so I can fall asleep!

ROFL! Well, I'm doing my best! I keep Googling and reading other blogs and I still can't find anything more than what we already know! And I'm not gonna DRIVE to Illinois and find out! Too far from me! LOL!

AfterSunset
05-17-2009, 03:03 AM
lots of typing either way...too bad we can't get the "1875" question answered...that makes no sense right now.

not that I think it is worth anything at all to tell the truth...I googled
"Black Male. 18 years, U.S.C. class of 1875" and got this

Civil Rights Act of 1875 link: http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/getcase.pl?court=US&vol=499&invol=400

no law here...it seems to be about jury selections...don't have a clue how this would/could fit into the picture but thought I'd share what I found...

christee
05-17-2009, 03:05 AM
good one-lol

pferrin
05-17-2009, 03:07 AM
Could this have to do with US Constitution ...U.S.C. . In 1875 laws concerning black males?

When I yahoo the exact phrase Black Male, 18 years. U.S.C. class of 1875 I come up with some annotatations of Constitution. Equal rights to vote. Is this anywhere close or way off track?

chestergal
05-17-2009, 03:12 AM
Come to mention it...we did hear LE was at the church. Now...what could they possibly want from his father's church? (Maybe he was stealing bible quotes from everyone! hehehe)

I just know that the church is dirty (I don't how deep it goes)
I do know that it is like a mind control cult and if one wants to stay in the cult and in the social circle you do what they ask of you. If you don't the whole congregation will shun you.

The church does nothing for the community (non members) that I know of.

It really pissed a lot people off when they put up a new large screen TV like small billboard in front of the church. It is ugly and distracting and I wonder how many rear ends have happened right by the electronic TV style sign because of drivers being distracted by it (it has a fast moving flashy video on it).

Too add...

I am really curious to see what becomes of this church once CC is arrested. This town is split politically when it came to electing the new mayor earlier this year. (these folks are more active in local elections than any other election)
I am still trying to figure out if either the new mayor or old mayor are connected to Grace Church. I know both "mayors" but I am not close to either of them.

christee
05-17-2009, 03:13 AM
I'm no legal eagle but are we maybe talking abt a current case which would maybe explain idlesleuths vague information?

Hhmmm...I'm a bit suspicious of Idlesleuth posting 1st message when another new poster was offline after posting continuously for past coupla days...

Just sayin' -lol

Texas Mist
05-17-2009, 03:14 AM
not that I think it is worth anything at all to tell the truth...I googled
"Black Male. 18 years, U.S.C. class of 1875" and got this

Civil Rights Act of 1875 link: http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/getcase.pl?court=US&vol=499&invol=400

no law here...it seems to be about jury selections...don't have a clue how this would/could fit into the picture but thought I'd share what I found...

U.S.C. the college wasn't founded until 1880 (according to what I've found) so there couldn't be a 'class of' right?

maybe the reference is to a different U.S.C.?

I also wonder if the "18 years" reference is to 1991....hmmm

christee
05-17-2009, 03:15 AM
Could this have to do with US Constitution ...U.S.C. . In 1875 laws concerning black males?

When I yahoo the exact phrase Black Male, 18 years. U.S.C. class of 1875 I come up with some annotatations of Constitution. Equal rights to vote. Is this anywhere close or way off track?
I wondered also, but thought surely I was way off base!

which USC?: University of South Carolina or University of Southern California? Just wonderin'

Kimster
05-17-2009, 03:15 AM
I just know that the church is dirty (I don't how deep it goes)
I do know that it is like a mind control cult and if want to stay in the cult and in the social circle you do what they ask of you. If you don't the whole congregation will shun you.

The church does nothing for the community (non members) that I know of.

It really pissed a lot people off when they put up a new large screen TV like small billboard in front of the church. It is ugly and distracting and I wonder how many rear ends have happened right by the electronic TV style sign because of drivers being distracted by it (it has a fast moving flashy video on it).\

Hmmmmm....maybe we've been looking into the wrong church. Maybe CC was doing something for his dad? Chestergal, do you have a link for their website?

Texas Mist
05-17-2009, 03:17 AM
I'm no legal eagle but are we maybe talking abt a current case which would maybe explain idlesleuths vague information?

Hhmmm...I'm a bit suspicious of Idlesleuth posting 1st message when another new poster was offline after posting continuously for past coupla days...

Just sayin' -lol

talk about a 'hit and run' post!

it is sorta hinky to do something like that...why this forum?

mikeysmommom
05-17-2009, 03:17 AM
Hahahaha~ YOUR computer?! You should see mine! OMG! :eek:

No worries tho...we promise to sleuth the hell out of your case and bring you justice. I prefer to keep you around instead...so if you ever find yourself in a position to get whacked...let us know. ;) We will arrive with computers blazing and LE riding shotgun. :Banane37: :cop:

ETA: Where is everyone?

Thank you LOL I dont think I will be whacked :eek:but I am nosy so you never know:rolleyes: LOL LMAO at the visual:blowkiss:

Kimster
05-17-2009, 03:19 AM

These are the comments that are intriguing me the most. The phantom poster is suggesting CC was doing something other than what has been reported, IMO.

pres101
05-17-2009, 03:21 AM
Folks,

Analytical, do you have the inside scoop on this?

Kimster
05-17-2009, 03:21 AM

Perhaps it is a member who wants us to know something but is afraid that if they tell us, someone else will know it is them? I took their actions to be out of fear of being exposed more than anything.

christee
05-17-2009, 03:23 AM

Gosh, IDK

People do some strange things for attention
Maybe it's an ego thing

or my brain is too mushy to make any sensible thoughts!

analytical
BLACKMAIL and EXTORTION in connection with surveillance

U.S.C. 18 section 873
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/search/index.html

US CODE: TITLE 18,873. BLACKMAIL
TITLE 18 - CRIMES AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE/PART I - CRIMES/CHAPTER 41 -EXTORTION AND THREATS ===========================
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/search/display.html?terms=blackmail&url=/uscode/html/uscode18/usc_sec_18_00000873----000-.html

TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 41 > 873

Blackmail

Whoever, under a threat of informing, or as a consideration for not informing, against any violation of any law of the United States, demands or receives any money or other valuable thing, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.
----------------------------------------
IdleSleuth ... is this why he submitted voluntarily to questioning for approx. 7 hours of the day of the murders but this "side" issue requires criminal defense and hired Margulis for defense of something "revealed", if you will, during questioning. Hmmmmm .....

Well ... seems obvious!

RR0004
Having TOD (TOD as pronounced by the coroner on scene) is common in obits down here.
It means NOTHING more than the time the coroner pronounced TOD.

The Coleman's bodies were not removed from the home until sometime after the 6pm news on that Tuesday. I recall a newscaster reporting on it at 6pm that evening saying that investigators and the deceased family was still in the home during that broadcast.

And Google is your friend...

Google: Family Choice Chester IL
Now that makes sense...thought it was odd that they would have removed the bodies so early on as it was an active crime scene.

mikeysmommom
05-17-2009, 03:29 AM
I think its really great that LE continues to observe CC. More than one poster here has mentioned that there is a strong possibility that CC could decide to "do himself in" and possibly take other innocent lives with him!

IMO If I lived in that town I would be going crazy.Anyone who can murder in cold blood like this is a coward and may want to go out in a hail of gunfire.I would be a nervous nelly till he is in a cell where he belongs.

Kimster
05-17-2009, 03:30 AM

U.S.C. 18 section 873

TITLE 18 - CRIMES AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE/PART I - CRIMES/CHAPTER 41 -EXTORTION AND THREATS ===========================
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/search/display.html?terms=blackmail&url=/uscode/html/uscode18/usc_sec_18_00000873----000-.html

Blackmail

Whoever, under a threat of informing, or as a consideration for not informing, against any violation of any law of the United States, demands or receives any money or other valuable thing, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.
IdleSleuth ... is this why he submitted voluntarily to questioning for approx. 7 hours of the day of the murders but this "side" issue requires criminal defense and hired Margulis for defense of something "revealed", if you will, during questioning. Hmmmmm .....

Well ... seems obvious!

vvvvvveeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyy interesting!!!

mikeysmommom
05-17-2009, 03:33 AM

These are the comments that are intriguing me the most. The phantom poster is suggesting CC was doing something other than what has been reported, IMO.

Maybe he was black mailing JM, set up camera s she did not know about, or maybe her hubby doing something?

chestergal
05-17-2009, 03:33 AM

Just sayin' -lol

I hope you don't mean me because I get logged out often on WS or I lose my internet connection. Sometimes I forget to check the remember me icon at log in and once I close my browser window or if I lose my isp connection I have to log back in.

I am going to stay logged in and go do dishes. I'll see if I get logged out again before I get back to the board after doing dishes.

Kimster
05-17-2009, 03:37 AM
I hope you don't mean me because I get logged out often on WS or I lose my internet connection. Sometimes I forget to check the remember me icon at log in and once I close my browser window or if I lose my isp connection I have to log back in.

I am going to stay logged in and go do dishes. I'll see if I get logged out again before I get back to the board after doing dishes.

Doing dishes in the middle of the night? Now THAT's suspicious!

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa281/castaspell1/caph5.gif

pferrin
05-17-2009, 03:38 AM
And who would he be blackmailing? JM?

Kimster
05-17-2009, 03:43 AM

I don't know but I'll bet you Miss Motive knows! That might be what she'll be testifying about for the Grand Jury!

How would it be against JM though? When she first heard about the murders, she ran over and gave him support. I don't think she would have done that if she was being blackmailed?

:waitasec:

Texas Mist
05-17-2009, 03:43 AM
Perhaps it is a member who wants us to know something but is afraid that if they tell us, someone else will know it is them? I took their actions to be out of fear of being exposed more than anything.

you're probably right, Kimster...just a little skeptical after reading so many different "facts" on the various message boards.

hope we can figure this one out!

analytical
05-17-2009, 03:44 AM

Don't know. I'd felt all along there was MUCH more to this case than meets the eye.

He did own or operate a "video surveillance company" .. it's in the posts somewhere but at this hour I'm not too "swift" to find that post.

Could his actions have resuilted in the deaths of his wife and children? He was blackmailing someone ... he got warned to "stop" ... he didn't so he got "payback.."
----------------
Obviously this came out during questioning the day of the murders .. the standard question .. "do you have any enemies ... is there anyone you know that might have a reason to want to harm your family"?

Texas Mist
05-17-2009, 03:45 AM

I certainly didn't think the reference was to you, chestergal.

:blowkiss:

you are much appreciated!

RR0004
05-17-2009, 03:45 AM
you're probably right, Kimster...just a little skeptical after reading so many different "facts" on the various message boards.

hope we can figure this one out!
I wouldn't be surprised if we don't hear anything else.

DairyGirl
05-17-2009, 03:46 AM

U.S.C. 18 section 873

Blackmail

Well ... seems obvious!

Was he the blackmailer or the blackmailee?

mikeysmommom
05-17-2009, 03:47 AM

Or maybe he was doing it for JM:eek:Politicians,Big Donors, maybe even other Preachers.:eek:

Texas Mist
05-17-2009, 03:48 AM
I don't know but I'll bet you Miss Motive knows! That might be what she'll be testifying about for the Grand Jury!

How would it be against JM though? When she first heard about the murders, she ran over and gave him support. I don't think she would have done that if she was being blackmailed?

:waitasec:

maybe her husband or someone else @ JMM?

still don't get how the 'threats' fit into all this (if indeed "real")

Kimster
05-17-2009, 03:49 AM
:bedtime: My peeps are burning! I'll see y'all tomorrow!

{{{HUGS}}}

analytical
05-17-2009, 03:50 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if we don't hear anything else.

RR ... IdleSleuth gave the clue .. I gave the answer. See a few posts below .. where it's included in a quote.

pferrin
What about the spying that idlesleuth mentioned...surveilance? I don't know about this one. James Bond story maybe?

mikeysmommom
maybe her husband or someone else @ JMM?

still don't get how the 'threats' fit into all this (if indeed "real")

I did read in a comment someone made who has been right before that JM is going to testify:eek:

RR0004
05-17-2009, 03:51 AM
Don't know. I'd felt all along there was MUCH more to this case than meets the eye.

He did own or operate a "video surveillance company" .. it's in the posts somewhere but at this hour I'm not too "swift" to find that post.

Could his actions have resuilted in the deaths of his wife and children? He was blackmailing someone ... he got warned to "stop" ... he didn't so he got "payback.."
----------------
Obviously this came out during questioning the day of the murders .. the standard question .. "do you have any enemies ... is there anyone you know that might have a reason to want to harm your family"?
That would take one really sick individual. What could he possibly have on someone to warrant such a brutal act? Why would he/she risk that? They had to know LE would then be all over it. I would think if that were the case CC would have nothing else to lose and would divulge what he "knows" pronto.

mikeysmommom
05-17-2009, 03:54 AM
That would take one really sick individual. What could he possibly have on someone to warrant such a brutal act? Why would he/she risk that? They had to know LE would then be all over it. I would think if that were the case CC would have nothing else to lose and would divulge what he "knows" pronto.

Maybe CC still was the killer,just used the threats for his own purpose .

mikeysmommom
05-17-2009, 03:55 AM
RR ... IdleSleuth gave the clue .. I gave the answer. See a few posts below .. where it's included in a quote.

If you know more spill it LOL I wanna go to sleep:crazy:

RR0004
05-17-2009, 03:55 AM
Thanks...I failed to read further down. But, my gut still tells me it's a stretch. I've seen too much late night t$$lling. Can he be involved in something else...absolutely. Did someone do this as retribution? IMO it would have to be someone very emotionally involved in all this.

RR0004
05-17-2009, 03:56 AM
Maybe CC still was the killer,just used the threats for his own purpose .
Yup...that fits better for me.

analytical
05-17-2009, 03:57 AM

Did you see the post a page or so back .. it explained the clue IdleSleuth gave ... he was hinting at BLACKMAIL. He gave the U.S.C. code for it.

Texas Mist
05-17-2009, 03:57 AM

----------------

I'm still trying to figure out why he would draw attention to the 'threat' letters if he was the one doing the blackmail....if he was really doing this, and really afraid, why not protect his home & family?...and we've heard the 'threats' were related to his job - so he's bringing attention to the whole situation, right?

what's your thoughts?

RR0004
05-17-2009, 03:58 AM
:bedtime: My peeps are burning! I'll see y'all tomorrow!

{{{HUGS}}}
Night-night...glad to see ya!!

cleo612
05-17-2009, 03:58 AM
Black male=blackmail

mikeysmommom
05-17-2009, 04:00 AM
I put in 1875 at that site and I found this

1875. Appropriations

To enable the Foundation to carry out its powers and duties, only such sums may be appropriated as the Congress may authorize by law.

Maybe something to do with JMM

analytical
05-17-2009, 04:01 AM
If you know more spill it LOL I wanna go to sleep:crazy:

This is why he needs a criminal defense attorney .... for the blackmail charges

Seems to be a tangled web.

I gotta go too ..

And this makes sense too as Margulis had said in the week since the murders that LE were not telling him if his client was a suspect nor really telling him (Margulis) anything.

Coleman hired Margulis because of the blackmail charges he seems likely to face.

IdleSleuth put up some other challenges to consider but I need some sleep to ponder on those but I got the USC Code right away.

Who was he blackmailing and why .. and over what?

RR0004
05-17-2009, 04:02 AM
Did you see the post a page or so back .. it explained the clue IdleSleuth gave ... he was hinting at BLACKMAIL. He gave the U.S.C. code for it.
Duh...OK...going back now to read more closely. So this person is trying to say that it was this 18 year old male that was being blackmailed. He got so angry he decided to kill CC's family. This poster is willing to identify a suspect? I have to say, this does not sit right with me on many levels.

ETA: what on earth does 18 have to do with anything?

ETA: BTW...I get the blackmail part of it...but just think it's wrong to have it stated it as if it were the person responsible.

SeriouslySearching
05-17-2009, 04:02 AM
I figured out the US Code part, but missed the Blackmail part. LOL

pres101
05-17-2009, 04:03 AM

We will see if Idlesleuth makes another post while you are doing dishes. (joking of course)

I have read your posts and you give a very accurate description of Chester and Grace Church. I grew up in Chester and even went to Grace Bible Church as it was called back then. I can relate to all that you have said and don't miss any of it a bit.

analytical
05-17-2009, 04:04 AM
I put in 1875 at that site and I found this

1875. Appropriations

To enable the Foundation to carry out its powers and duties, only such sums may be appropriated as the Congress may authorize by law.

Maybe something to do with JMM

I think IdleSleuth made a typo .. his main clue was "black male"... should have been 1873 not 1875

chestergal
05-17-2009, 04:05 AM
Doing dishes in the middle of the night? Now THAT's suspicious!

LOL... Not in this house and not when you have a hubby that works shift work most of the time. I wanted to get them done before he got off work this morning.

I am doing laundry also.

BRB... I gotta let my dogs out for a potty break.

SuziQ
05-17-2009, 04:06 AM

And you just happened to know the answer to that supposed clue?

I'm thinking someone wants people to see something that's just not there.

Not biting...sorry.

mikeysmommom
05-17-2009, 04:07 AM
This is why he needs a criminal defense attorney .... for the blackmail charges

Seems to be a tangled web.

I gotta go too ..

And this makes sense too as Margulis had said in the week since the murders that LE were not telling him if his client was a suspect nor really telling him (Margulis) anything.

Coleman hired Margulis because of the blackmail charges he seems likely to face.

IdleSleuth put up some other challenges to consider but I need some sleep to ponder on those but I got the USC Code right away.

Who was he blackmailing and why .. and over what?

Why Money-----What Sex---------------Maybe thats how Miss Motive comes in

RR0004
05-17-2009, 04:08 AM
I figured out the US Code part, but missed the Blackmail part. LOL
Wow... this is getting more and more fascinating.

mikeysmommom
05-17-2009, 04:08 AM

Not biting...sorry.

Could be possible CC was blackmailing some one but CC still the killer IMO

SuziQ
05-17-2009, 04:12 AM

Too similar to the late night posts about the Grunds kidnapping Caylee, etc. There was an organized effort on the net to create reasonable doubt and point to another direction. And they always happened late at night.

Texas Mist
05-17-2009, 04:13 AM

it's not exactly enhancing his image, is it?

mikeysmommom
05-17-2009, 04:13 AM
Too similar to the late night posts about the Grunds kidnapping Caylee, etc. There was an organized effort on the net to create reasonable doubt and point to another direction. And they always happened late at night.

I missed those posts LOL.

RR0004
05-17-2009, 04:15 AM
Yes it does...and for some reason more often on weekends.

cleo612
05-17-2009, 04:16 AM
Okay, so maybe Coleman was working as a private investigator and was "spying" on someone looking for incriminating actions or behavior.

So was he REALLY working for someone else, but was under the "employ" of JMM?

Secret Service?

CIA?

This is intriguing.

Where has he been traveling to lately? Florida we know, but where else?

If we can figure out where he was traveling to all the time, that would/could be another clue.

(Why do I feel like I am being led on a wild goose chase?)

SeriouslySearching
05-17-2009, 04:17 AM
Knock...Knock...

mikeysmommom
05-17-2009, 04:17 AM
it's not exactly enhancing his image, is it?

Not a bit, TO me he is the main suspect.The killings were too personal, even if CC was blackmailing or gathering video for his Boss Lady CC still the one IMO.

analytical
05-17-2009, 04:19 AM

Not biting...sorry.

Yes .. black mail .. and the applicable USC code for same.

cleo612
05-17-2009, 04:20 AM

Not biting...sorry.

LOL, thanks, SuziQ. I am going to follow your lead on this one and stop beating my head against the wall trying to figure it out.

I think someone is playing games and trying to make us "analyze" things that make no sense.

chestergal
05-17-2009, 04:22 AM

Not biting...sorry.

Why do I feel Idlesleuth is sitting back in idle doing this at this message board?

pres101
05-17-2009, 04:22 AM
I think IdleSleuth made a typo .. his main clue was "black male"... should have been 1873 not 1875

How did you figure out that Idlesleuth meant 1873 and not 1875? That seems a little suspicious.

SeriouslySearching
05-17-2009, 04:23 AM
Gosh...no one said, "Who's there?" WTH?! LOL

My answer is....The Defense team trying out yet another strategy to see if it will fly.

No matter how they spin it...Chris Coleman is going to be charged and found guilty of those charges.

yosande
05-17-2009, 04:23 AM

If this man is guilty of murdering his whole family, and he was going to commit suicide, imo, that would have been when he would have done it.
moo

Imo, if he is guilty, he will run, but he won't harm himself.
If he is not guilty, then he would feel guilty for being alive, and the guilt and suffering could cause a desire to end the pain, and be reunited with his family.
moo

I don't understand what is being implied about the video surveillance company, as it could easily be work related, after all he was in security, was he not?
I don't have enough info about the threats that are said to have occurred before the crime. Does anyone know more detail about that? If so, share please, tia.

Right now, the biggest thing I find suspect about him is that her family had to fight to have a service for them with them there. Not good. Sounds controlling, and cruel. A kind hearted person would not have done that imo. A control freak would though, which gives more weight to her name being taken off all possesions as a premeditated measure to reduce legal problems postmordem, rather than a financial debt overload, and using her name to get them up and running again after a foreclosure or bankruptcy status.

moo

chestergal
05-17-2009, 04:24 AM
Knock...Knock...

Who's there?

RR0004
05-17-2009, 04:24 AM
Yes .. black mail .. and the applicable USC code for same.
But a typo? Now I am confused.

RR0004
05-17-2009, 04:25 AM
Why do I feel Idlesleuth is sitting back in idle doing this at this message board?
Very funny...and probably true.