PDA

View Full Version : Round The Corner Eatery Boulder CO

believe09
07-13-2009, 07:34 AM
I thought I would break this out since this is the strongest tip we have seen in sometime on Mr. Kyle's case. Please continue discussions regarding media updates and sleuthing here...:blowkiss:

believe09
07-13-2009, 07:38 AM
Due to Cymro's previous post regarding the Good times website where former RTC employees were posting, I was able to track down the lovely gentleman who delivered produce to the Boulder restaurant. Here is what this kind man wrote to me regarding his recollections:

"hi believe09,
i did for a short time make deliveries to the boulder round the corner restaurants. i made the rtc delivery run every other saturday for about 6 months in 1986. unfortunately, i stocked the stores early in the morning before the rtc employees were there, so i never really met or talked to anyone. i did however drop off payroll a few times during store hours, but the drop was so brief i have no recollection of the personnel.
the only contact i can suggest is tracy carrera. he had the weekday rtc delivery run at that time and may have talked to the boulder crew. i have not talked to tracy for many years and i'm not sure if he still works there but the produce company we worked for is www.yanceys.com (http://www.yanceys.com/). if you contact yancey's you might talk to greg or kevin yancey. they would have had a lot of contact, by phone, with the rtc management in boulder and may remember some names for contact.
don't know if it's any help but i also worked at the westland mall rtc in lakewood, co for about 2 years and at the ft collins rtc for a few months around 1984.
i wish you luck, xxx xxxx."

I forwarded this information directly to the FBI as well as NB and BK when I received it this morning since I was unsure if they had information like this already that they were working on...I will let you all know if I hear anything!!

dreamweaver
07-13-2009, 07:41 AM
believe09:
Thanks for starting this thread.
So good to know there are positive leads.

believe09
07-13-2009, 10:14 AM
here is the link to the Road Food website where our awesome sleuther Cymro posted, I believe...

http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/tm.aspx?m=244255&mpage=1#525700

Boyz_Mum
07-13-2009, 11:40 AM
believe09, thanks for sharing with us! :blowkiss:

Does anyone know if anyone happened to contact any other restaurant supply companies in the area? We had the same "milk man" at a restaurant I worked at in the 80's for many years.

Cubby
07-13-2009, 11:45 AM
Thanks believe! Awesome tip and find! I posted yesterday on the general discussion thread about a comment on one of the recent boulder articles. The commenter mentioned she had worked at the two other RTC locations, (not 'the hill') in 80/81. She was pleading for Mr. Kyle to come back and let 'us' know what he remembers about the RTC location... I didn't look further into it, other than to see if anyone else had commented. There were no further replies after that last comment July 8th.

I had also found, but not saved, some 'truth or rumor' kind of site for the food service industy, but it really didn't look like anyone working directly in a restaurant. More for those who worked for Kraft Ppr., Saafeld, and a few other redistributor names I recognized from way back. They did have a missing and found site for people in the industry......... I looked, didn't see anything that struck a chord for Mr. Kyle.

I KNOW I could contact Hal Wolken - who is the president of what was AWM ( his dad, Cy- founder- actually sold the concept to McDonalds carrying the wrapped plastic knife spoon combo in the disposable industry back in the 60's) . But again, I need a STARTING POINT of some kind otherwise it's going to be like looking for a needle in a haystack blindfolded.

Cubby
07-13-2009, 11:50 AM
Oh lord I am having flashbacks of paper straws- they were from Sweetheart paper..

I'm sure Mr Kyle remembers paper straws! ;)