PDA

View Full Version : ID-Robert Manwill, 8, Boise #3 FOUND DECEASED

Pages : [1] 2

SuziQ
08-04-2009, 09:53 AM
Continue here.

Thread one:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...=87061&page=12 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...=87061&page=12)

Thread two:
ID-Robert Manwill, 8, Boise #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Boise, Idaho news stations:

http://www.2news.tv/ (http://www.2news.tv/)
http://www.ktvb.com (http://www.ktvb.com/)
http://www.kivitv.com (http://www.kivitv.com/)
http://www.fox12idaho.com (http://www.fox12idaho.com/)

coastal
08-04-2009, 10:01 AM
I just found this forum yesterday.

I have both a brother and a sister that lives in the apartments where Roberts mother lived. My brother and his family lived in a different building, but my sister lived in the same building. Earlier that evening one of my nieces was playing with Robert. She went to talk to another one of my nieces and when she went back to the playground he was gone. If it wasnt for that I myself would question if he actually went missing that day or prior.

I do know that on the Thursday they searched the apartment my sister was outside on her balcony when the cops swarmed in out of nowhere. She said they went right to the bf's vehicle (Im assuming that was the red suburban) and yelled "I've got a positive". What exactly that meant she wasnt sure.

It was that next day when the word was they were investigating some "turned dirt" at a home. I cant help but wonder if the body had originally been taken to this house and later removed and taken to the nearby canal.

I had asked the question over and over how they could have got his body out of the house without being seen. The only thing I can think of is the Friday night he went missing his body was in the apartment when it was called into the police. They kept stressing he may be spending the night at an unknown friends house. If they gave the police reason at least for that night to think it wasnt anything more then a kid taking off then they probably wouldnt have searched every little space in the apartment or vehicle. It would be reasonable that sometime in the middle of the night when things were clear the body could have been moved to the home where the turned dirt was. Of course this is all speculation, but I cant come up with any other way this child could have been removed dead or alive from this complex without someone seeing him. Knowing that he was playing with the kids and within a few hours he was called in missing. This is a fairly large apartment complex. By 10ish when he was called in it would have been only dark for maybe 45 minutes. On a Friday evening when it was still light someone would have seen something if that body would have left. Even if it was made to look like a sleeping child it would have been seen. IMO......
Welcome, Idaho-native!

http://cosgan.de/images/smilie/liebe/f020.gif

Thank you for jumping in, and for telling us this information! It sounds like your niece might be our best bet for an objective "last seen" time. Is it too much to ask if you would check with her -gently, of course - or better yet, maybe you could ask her mom or dad, what time it was when she and Robert parted company? I understand completely not wanting to upset her. I respect that. But without her input, we have to rely on Robert's mom and her bf for their account of things, and...well. I'd just feel better about a timeline, if I knew it was hers. Also, were there other kids there with those two?

Feel free to say no, of course. We'll still love ya in the morning!
Best wishes to you and your niece. And thanks again!

coastal
08-04-2009, 10:03 AM
Thank you for the new thread, SuziQ!

passionflower
08-04-2009, 10:06 AM
any pressers scheduled for today on ID?

boiseblue
08-04-2009, 10:18 AM
The Watermaster says there is no way, no way anything larger than a tennis ball can float through the canal grates from Wallis' house to where the body was found in Kuna.

What's also strange is LE saying they won't know who the body is until after an autopsy. IMO it's "newsspeak" for "we don't want to tell the public yet."

boiseblue
08-04-2009, 10:23 AM
Passionflower,
No pressers that I know of have been announced yet, but it's only 8:30 here.
Occam's Razor from my point of view says it is Robert.
1. No other kids are missing.
2. Wearing a blue shirt.
3. Family in deep grief leaving police station yesterday, and mom in tears and needing assistance to walk to car.

noelle91176
08-04-2009, 10:33 AM
<somehow posted this just prior to thread 2 closing, so copying and pasting to thread 3>

I am beyond sickened in this case. I went home yesterday and hugged both my lil ones close. How sad that we live in a world that allows the brutality of our little ones. How sad that "we" the collective masses cry for a boy who is quite probably a victim of those that should have protected them. We never knew him, yet we long to hold him and kiss his hurts away.

My kids, who are 5 and almost 7 expect me to right the wrongs and kiss the hurts. They absolutely trust me and that's a big heavy responsibilty. Poor little Robert was shortchanged being born to a monster. (you fracture your baby's skull you are a monster, period) I often wonder if I am right to overprotect my children. As a mother I second guess everything I do. I always fall short of being the perfect mother, and strive to do better every day. It isn't that hard to be at least a "decent" parent, if not an alltogether "good" one.

There is no justice here. I am so tired of government failing the little ones. Everytime another election comes around, do you ever hear anyone talking about child crimes? You may or may not hear someone addressing crime in general or even increasing law enforcement in local politics, but the first thing they should discuss is crimes against children. That should be the number one platform for election in this country. It's a problem that sometimes dominates the news but never the elections. go figure. Not trying to talk politics in any way, just wondering why our elected officials don't ever mention the little ones? (Maybe because they cant vote). Who wouldn't vote for Marc Klaas or John Walsh???

An earlier poster said it best, when she/he said that the courts treat the children as property. sickening. Sorry for little Robert. Sorry it's too late for him. I wonder how many more Roberts, Caylees, Christopher Barrios it's going to take before things really start changing.

I'll get down off my soap box now. I know I'm preaching to the choir. Just venting I suppose, and this little corner of the web seems to be full of those with likeminds. I can't believe it took me so long to find this site.

SleuthyMama
08-04-2009, 10:34 AM
Not at all surprised by this tragic news. Many of us know it's Robert even though we don't have official word yet. There are no words really.

I am grateful this beautiful little boy with the shy smile doesn't have to deal with any more pain or sadness.

SleuthyMama
08-04-2009, 10:35 AM
<somehow posted this just prior to thread 2 closing, so copying and pasting to thread 3>

I am beyond sickened in this case. I went home yesterday and hugged both my lil ones close. How sad that we live in a world that allows the brutality of our little ones. How sad that "we" the collective masses cry for a boy who is quite probably a victim of those that should have protected them. We never knew him, yet we long to hold him and kiss his hurts away.

My kids, who are 5 and almost 7 expect me to right the wrongs and kiss the hurts. They absolutely trust me and that's a big heavy responsibilty. Poor little Robert was shortchanged being born to a monster. (you fracture your baby's skull you are a monster, period) I often wonder if I am right to overprotect my children. As a mother I second guess everything I do. I always fall short of being the perfect mother, and strive to do better every day. It isn't that hard to be at least a "decent" parent, if not an alltogether "good" one.

There is no justice here. I am so tired of government failing the little ones. Everytime another election comes around, do you ever hear anyone talking about child crimes? You may or may not hear someone addressing crime in general or even increasing law enforcement in local politics, but the first thing they should discuss is crimes against children. That should be the number one platform for election in this country. It's a problem that sometimes dominates the news but never the elections. go figure. Not trying to talk politics in any way, just wondering why our elected officials don't ever mention the little ones? (Maybe because they cant vote). Who wouldn't vote for Marc Klaas or John Walsh???

An earlier poster said it best, when she/he said that the courts treat the children as property. sickening. Sorry for little Robert. Sorry it's too late for him. I wonder how many more Roberts, Caylees, Christopher Barrios it's going to take before things really start changing.

I'll get down off my soap box now. I know I'm preaching to the choir. Just venting I suppose, and this little corner of the web seems to be full of those with likeminds. I can't believe it took me so long to find this site.

Great post noelle. :clap::clap::clap::clap: Couldn't have said it better.

DollyPardonMe
08-04-2009, 10:39 AM
The heroes in all these cases where the little children have been murdered are the children themselves. They have reached out from death to say "Here I am". Unfortunately, Robert to a passerby at the canal. Sandra Cantu reached out to migrant farm workers also in a canal. With Little Nevaeh it was a fisherman and Caylee kept calling Roy Kronk to find her. They want justice and they deserve it. We just have to find a way to grant their little wishes!!

~greeneyedgirl~
08-04-2009, 10:43 AM

With great people like our amazing members here we all could use a bit a proactiveness (is that even a word) to try and make a difference, it only starts with one person. A village is what it takes to raise a child.....

I was reading some threads (forgive me it may not have been here) and I stole an amazing idea from another poster.

I create these little gift bags for people (usually woman) who have been sexually assulted, the bag includes one of those hand stress balls, some gum, a small colouring book, crayons, pen, notebook, and a great quote to encourage strength in woman. Just my way of letting them know that they can make it through.

Sorry to go off topic..............

jnTexas
08-04-2009, 10:45 AM
Does anyone know if the suburban (that was supposedly stollen and found ) owned by the friend was taken for processing?

desert-blue
08-04-2009, 11:30 AM
What if something was done to him at the apartment that caused him injury, maybe nothing life threatening, but they would not have wanted to take him for treatment and they wouldn't want him to be able to tell anyone what happened to him, because one or both of them would certainly be in violation of their parole/probation. So, maybe at that time they hatched some plan to do away with him. There are so many possibilities - they could have drowned him in the bathtub, they could have taken him over to that house on Five Mile while alive and done something there, or they could have tossed him in the canal while still alive, God only knows. And I am so fearful that whoever did this is going to get away with it. And I also think the Wallis guy knows something - "innocent bystander" - that is the most guilty phrase ever - that translates as I'm involved perhaps indirectly and against my will, but involved nonetheless.

LE is going to have to get these "people" to turn on one another - I think that's the only way they'll ever get any answers at all. The evidence I'm afraid is not going to tell the whole story.

What a sad day.

DollyPardonMe
08-04-2009, 11:48 AM
Does anyone know if the suburban (that was supposedly stollen and found ) owned by the friend was taken for processing?

Yes, I believe there were a total of 3 cars impounded. The mothers, boyfriends and the friends Suburban.

Salem
08-04-2009, 11:56 AM
I heard back from one of the reporters - she is going to check to see if the 911 call can or will be released. Hopefully we will be able to hear it soon!

Salem

ETA - Thanks for starting the new thread SusiQ!

noelle91176
08-04-2009, 12:09 PM
A few things I found interesting in this article previously posted from the statement:

He said his black-and-gray Chevy Suburban was stolen July 22 after someone came into his house and took the keys. He found it Monday after returning from a weekend away and called the Ada County Sheriff's Department.

huh?

on to bf's brother and dad...

"I haven't talked to him since he accused me Sunday. I haven't talked to him," Ehrlick Sr. said. "I don't know if (Jenkins and Ehrlick Jr. have) been real truthful with me."

now let's see, your son "falsely" accuses you of taking his girlfriend's son and you "don't know" if he's been real truthful? huh???

and further down...

They said that they told investigators their concern when Jenkins was investigated for injuring her infant in October 2008.

and even further down in the article:

Sean Buffington, who lives upstairs and across the hall from the apartment shared by Jenkins and Ehrlick Jr., said Ehrlick Jr. told him last Sunday that "basically the two of them were the No. 1 suspects" already.

"He said they had been through the wringer as far as interrogations," Buffington said.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/robertmanwill/story/852598.html

apparently the police on Sunday were really putting pressure on the bf. At least enough to get him to accuse his dad and vent to a neighbor. Sorry, but I really hope that eggdonor and bf are feeling really uncomfortable. They might have relished the attention they were getting at first as victims, but I doubt they are enjoying the scrutiny that came with it that they are under now.

Sorry if this has all been posted a million time, these things just stood out at me.

Salem
08-04-2009, 12:12 PM
Here's a direct link to the GREAT pictures provided by Shutterfly of the canal and the grates: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - ID-Robert Manwill, 8, Boise #2

Also - clarification of the Wallis suburban is needed. The reporter on JVM, last night gave me the impression that Wallis' sub. was stolen on July 22nd and he reported it stolen at that time. Then when he came back, the truck was there and he notified Ada police that the truck had been returned. The reporter said this was confirmed by neighbors because LE was being so tight lipped they couldn't get anything out of them.

I'll try to find the link to the transcript but I'm pretty certain that PattyG has posted JVM in the last thread.

Salem

nursebeeme
08-04-2009, 12:19 PM
I heard back from one of the reporters - she is going to check to see if the 911 call can or will be released. Hopefully we will be able to hear it soon!

Salem

ETA - Thanks for starting the new thread SusiQ!
Thanks Salem and SuziQ!

Salem
08-04-2009, 12:26 PM
Link to PattyG's clips from yesterday. Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - ID-Robert Manwill, 8, Boise #2 THANK YOU Patty!

I can't find one for JVM, so maybe it isn't posted yet. I'll check out the site and look for the transcript.

Salem

Idaho-native
08-04-2009, 12:38 PM
I am on the phone with my brother who lives in the same complex. He said that they found massive amounts of blood in the apartment. He said the removed carpet and pieces of wall. He said the mom and bf have been suspects from day one. The mom and bf are being housed in a Motel not far from the apartments. He said there is still a lot of FBI keeping a close eye over the apartments.

He said my niece went to change clothes at 7:30 and headed over to the pool. When she left the swings he left at the same time and that was the last time he was seen. The infant child was at the home the night Robert went missing.

~greeneyedgirl~
08-04-2009, 12:41 PM
If in fact "massive" amounts of blood were found at the home wouldn't they have arrested them already?

Salem
08-04-2009, 12:43 PM
Thank you Idaho-native.

That poor baby!

Also - I want to say that if this child that has been found is Robert, I am at least glad he is not in pieces. I was very worried about that.

This reminds me of both Caylee and Sandra. Remember the dogs hit in the Anthony's back yard, yet Caylee was not there. Very similar to the dogs that hit in Wiess' back yard (or whatever his name is). And then the canal......

Salem

Idaho-native
08-04-2009, 12:45 PM
I forgot to mention that from what my brother said (hearsay lol) The people who lived in that house were out of town when their suburban was stolen. It was their neighbors who told them it had come up missing. From what I was just told the suburban was parked back in the driveway on Monday. Now that makes me wonder if the people who live in that house arent the ones who put something together and called the police to check out their vehicle and home. It would fit in with my the vehicle wasnt reported missing until after the fact. Maybe being a family friend the bf knew how to get into the house or had access to spare keys.

sandcastles4me
I am on the phone with my brother who lives in the same complex. He said that they found massive amounts of blood in the apartment. He said the removed carpet and pieces of wall. He said the mom and bf have been suspects from day one. The mom and bf are being housed in a Motel not far from the apartments. He said there is still a lot of FBI keeping a close eye over the apartments.

He said my niece went to change clothes at 7:30 and headed over to the pool. When she left the swings he left at the same time and that was the last time he was seen. The infant child was at the home the night Robert went missing.

Sorry I am behind I guess, but what Infant Child are you referring to?:confused: Thank you

UnderDog
I'm not sure I understand the logic behind holding off on the autopsy until 9am this morning. It does indicate they are fairly certain Robert is found, but it leaves a big question mark for cause of death. I suppose it gives LE some leverage toward getting a confession. They can say it will "look better" to a Judge and Jury if they confess before the cause of death is determined. It's also possible they've called in someone with more experience in drowning victims?

Kimster
08-04-2009, 12:46 PM

This information ended my hope that Robert accidently drowned. I am soooooooooo sad..... and angry at the same time!!! :furious:

Idaho-native
08-04-2009, 12:49 PM
If in fact "massive" amounts of blood were found at the home wouldn't they have arrested them already?

I asked the same thing. My brother is majoring in CJ so I am going to assume he knows better then I do. Is what he told me is they didnt arrest them because they didnt have a body. He said they were suspects from the start. He also said the night Robert came up missing there were only two cops there searching the complex. He said the entire complex was out there searching. The "massive" amounts of blood would certainly make someone say "we believe Robert is a victim of a tragic event"

Kimster
08-04-2009, 12:50 PM
I asked the same thing. My brother is majoring in CJ so I am going to assume he knows better then I do. Is what he told me is they didnt arrest them because they didnt have a body. He said they were suspects from the start. He also said the night Robert came up missing there were only two cops there searching the complex. He said the entire complex was out there searching. The "massive" amounts of blood would certainly make someone say "we believe Robert is a victim of a tragic event"

...and I'd be surprised if they aren't arrested once the autopsy report proves Robert did not drown...

Kimster
08-04-2009, 12:51 PM
I sure hope they aren't holed up in that motel room with any kids! :mad:

Idaho-native
08-04-2009, 12:52 PM
Sorry I am behind I guess, but what Infant Child are you referring to?:confused: Thank you

I guess he is more a toddler now, but its the child that mom was accused of fracturing the skull

WillenFan21
08-04-2009, 12:54 PM
The "massive" amounts of blood would certainly make someone say "we believe Robert is a victim of a tragic event"

Agreed! And that has been whats reported on HLN and stuff too so it def makes sense.

Idaho-native
I sure hope they aren't holed up in that motel room with any kids! :mad:
the daughter apparently lives with her father and the toddler was the only other child. He has been since placed back in foster care

Salem
Here's the JVM video with the Reporter talking about the suburban theft: http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2009/08/04/jvm.manwill.latest.cnn

Salem

sandcastles4me
08-04-2009, 12:58 PM
I have so many questions???? Obviously something happened to Robert at the apartment. They knew after searching the apartment that Robert probably was hurt or dead. How much blood? Who knows. I Just do not understand how if he was last seen at 7:30 and was reported missing at 10:00 how Robert could be taken from the apartment with know one else seeing this take place? Does anyone have a good shot of the complex ~ showing distance from mom's apt. and parking area?

tfrohning
08-04-2009, 12:59 PM
I don't remember during any of the pressers that the family was asking anyone to bring Robert home, just asking for helping in finding Robert. not once (I might of missed it ) did I hear LE or family thought anyone kipnap Robert (that was strange from the beginning).

Idaho-native
08-04-2009, 01:00 PM
The hardest part to all of this is knowing what is correct and what isnt. Like playing a game of telephone. Each time someone tells the story its changed a bit and not the same as what it started out. I am not for a minute going to assume everything that I have been told by someone who lives there is 110%, but I do thinks its correct to the best of his knowledge. Im sure there are a lot of things that are correct, but its always possible small details get twisted. That being said I will post what I know, but dont shoot the messenger if things are a little different here and there...lol

~greeneyedgirl~
08-04-2009, 01:00 PM

Thank you for all your local insight, it is greatly appreciated. I'm just sorry it is under these horrific conditions.

desert-blue
08-04-2009, 01:02 PM
If there were massive amounts of blood in the apartment, why wouldn't that have created probable cause to get a search warrant immediately, instead of waiting for 4-5 days or however long they waited. Surely they would have looked in the apartment for Robert the night he was reported missing and would have seen the blood. That to me doesn't make sense unless the massive amounts of blood were not visible to the naked eye?

~greeneyedgirl~
08-04-2009, 01:03 PM
http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stories/ktvbn-aug0309-kuna_canal_body.a50d15f2.html

update autopsy underway

Kimster
08-04-2009, 01:03 PM
I don't know if I believe the Suburban was "stolen". I think perhaps it was "borrowed" and once the owner realized it might have been used to transport Robert, he decided it was "stolen" instead. Just a thought on my part...

Idaho-native
08-04-2009, 01:04 PM
I have so many questions???? Obviously something happened to Robert at the apartment. They knew after searching the apartment that Robert probably was hurt or dead. How much blood? Who knows. I Just do not understand how if he was last seen at 7:30 and was reported missing at 10:00 how Robert could be taken from the apartment with know one else seeing this take place? Does anyone have a good shot of the complex ~ showing distance from mom's apt. and parking area?

This is what I have asked over and over. This is a large complex and if he was reported missing at 10 then in order to remove him and get back before then it would have taken place during the light. That is why I said they stuffed his body somewhere in the crawlspace or something until the middle of the night when they could move it somewhere else. Now that we know there were only two cops that night its very possible he could have been stashed and not seen.

sandcastles4me
08-04-2009, 01:04 PM
I guess he is more a toddler now, but its the child that mom was accused of fracturing the skull

Thank you! I did not realize they had visitation with him also. Why on earth was BF not allowed around the little girl, but was allowed Robert and the baby???

Idaho-native
08-04-2009, 01:07 PM
If there were massive amounts of blood in the apartment, why wouldn't that have created probable cause to get a search warrant immediately, instead of waiting for 4-5 days or however long they waited. Surely they would have looked in the apartment for Robert the night he was reported missing and would have seen the blood. That to me doesn't make sense unless the massive amounts of blood were not visible to the naked eye?

If this happened sometime around 7:30 and the police werent called until 10 then that gave time to do a little cleaning and re-arrange furniture over any stained spots.

Kimster
08-04-2009, 01:08 PM
Thank you! I did not realize they had visitation with him also. Why on earth was BF not allowed around the little girl, but was allowed Robert and the baby???

We have all this information in hindsight. Perhaps CPS was unaware that the BF had access to MJ's kids. Perhaps he was not allowed to be around other kids, in other words, but MJ didn't care. And Robert's dad might not have known about the BF's restrictions. I lived in a step-family situation for ten years and believe me, the bio-mom kept a LOT of secrets from us. Sad thing is that she was more concerned about what we thought of HER than she was the safety of her own children. :furious:

desert-blue
08-04-2009, 01:09 PM

I believe her apartment is on the second floor (top floor) and her front door appears to be right at the top of the stairs and the parking lot is right at the bottom of the stairs. So if they parked the car at the bottom of the stairs, it would be just a trip straight down the stairs and into the vehicle - could be done in just a couple of seconds, imo.

desert-blue
08-04-2009, 01:13 PM
This is what I have asked over and over. This is a large complex and if he was reported missing at 10 then in order to remove him and get back before then it would have taken place during the light. That is why I said they stuffed his body somewhere in the crawlspace or something until the middle of the night when they could move it somewhere else. Now that we know there were only two cops that night its very possible he could have been stashed and not seen.

IIRC, I'm sure I read somewhere that the neighbor I believe that lived below them, said the police had searched some sort of crawlspace in his apartment - maybe an area in-between the two units or something like that? Obviously Robert wasn't there, but maybe he HAD been in there earlier.

Idaho-native
08-04-2009, 01:16 PM
IIRC, I'm sure I read somewhere that the neighbor I believe that lived below them, said the police had searched some sort of crawlspace in his apartment - maybe an area in-between the two units or something like that? Obviously Robert wasn't there, but maybe he HAD been in there earlier.

The apartments are three story. The mom and bf lived on the second floor. I did hear that the upper neighbor said they called and asked to search his ducts on Thursday afternoon. By then a body would have been moved.

sandcastles4me
08-04-2009, 01:17 PM
If this happened sometime around 7:30 and the police werent called until 10 then that gave time to do a little cleaning and re-arrange furniture over any stained spots.

Your brother would probably know best, but how active is the complex after 7:30pm are there still a lot of tenant outdoors I mean. Is his mom's place upstairs? I thought I saw a shot of it somewhere here before. Thanks Idaho for all your insight!

desert-blue
08-04-2009, 01:20 PM
The apartments are three story. The mom and bf lived on the second floor. I did hear that the upper neighbor said they called and asked to search his ducts on Thursday afternoon. By then a body would have been moved.

Okay, maybe that's what I read, I wasn't sure about the number of stories on the apartments, my recollection was two and I was pretty sure hers was on an upper floor - thanks for the correction!

Idaho-native
Your brother would probably know best, but how active is the complex after 7:30pm are there still a lot of tenant outdoors I mean. Is his mom's place upstairs? I thought I saw a shot of it somewhere here before. Thanks Idaho for all your insight!
I have no idea how active it is, but I am going to say that at 7:30 on a warm Friday night there would have been people outside. I know that whenever I am over there I most always see people outside. People standing around bsing or kids running around or people coming and going to cars. In a place that size I just cant believe that not ONE person would have seen something

Recovering-Lurker
I believe her apartment is on the second floor (top floor) and her front door appears to be right at the top of the stairs and the parking lot is right at the bottom of the stairs. So if they parked the car at the bottom of the stairs, it would be just a trip straight down the stairs and into the vehicle - could be done in just a couple of seconds, imo.

Yes, and police were spending a lot of time looking at the stairs with a blacklight etc.

SleuthyMama
08-04-2009, 01:22 PM
Wonder if any throw rugs from their apartment are missing?

Idaho-native
08-04-2009, 01:23 PM
I did ask if he knew the mom or bf and he said nobody really did. My sister lives in her building on the 3rd floor and she didnt even know them. Just that the kids all knew Robert.

I have to run for a few hours, but will check back in when I get stopped somewhere. By then I assume we will know something. I expect an arrest today.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
08-04-2009, 01:24 PM
It is my OPINION or thought process that they probably did find blood or some other evidence in that apartment. However, I don't think it was a lot. After they searched the apartment, they said they had evidence that he could be "injured". I think they probably found an amount of blood that pointed to injury, but not necessarily to death. That is my opinion of why no arrests have been made at this point, until the autopsy. If their only evidence is of enough blood for an injury, they would have a hard time getting a murder conviction. MOO.

sandcastles4me
08-04-2009, 01:26 PM

Or suitcase:mad:

Kimster
08-04-2009, 01:27 PM
It is my OPINION or thought process that they probably did find blood or some other evidence in that apartment. However, I don't think it was a lot. After they searched the apartment, they said they had evidence that he could be "injured". I think they probably found an amount of blood that pointed to injury, but not necessarily to death. That is my opinion of why no arrests have been made at this point, until the autopsy. If their only evidence is of enough blood for an injury, they would have a hard time getting a murder conviction. MOO.

You could very well be right. We haven't heard a hint of premeditation in this case. Still, I think that "parents" with abusive pasts need their own "special" law that would place them in that category!

jnTexas
08-04-2009, 01:30 PM
Or suitcase:mad:

or tote like a rubbermaid tote???

passionflower
08-04-2009, 01:30 PM
:Welcome-12-june:

:Welcome-12-june::Welcome-12-june:

passionflower
08-04-2009, 01:33 PM
IIRC, in another case Sandra Cantu........women/mothers put children in water (womb)
and in container/
makes me wonder........
HLN just reported again no ID yet

TxLady2
08-04-2009, 01:39 PM

Not doubting you or your brother, but this seems odd to me. If they found massive amounts of blood in the mom's apartment, shouldn't they have been arrested and in jail, instead of putting them up in a motel? Massive amounts says to me someone died there. Unless both the mother and the boyfriend have solid alibis, they would be the #1 suspects, and that kind of evidence would be good enough for an arrest warrant, IMO. Sounds like they have them in protective custody and LE doesn't do that with suspects. With the FBI watching the apt., sounds like they think someone else is involved, rather than the mom and b/f.

mysticrose
08-04-2009, 01:41 PM
Dont know if this has already been posted:

Canal official: body could travel from Vista to Kuna

10:04 AM MDT on Tuesday, August 4, 2009

BOISE - An official with the group that oversees the New York Canal said it is plausible that a body which entered the canal near the Vista area could make it to the Kuna-area.

The body of a male juvenile was found in the New York Canal near Kuna at Deer Flat Rd. Monday afternoon. The body is the same "age and size" as Robert Manwill according to police, who was reported missing July 24th in the Vista Ave. area of Boise. The Ada County coroner is working to confirm the identity of the body, and the cause of death.

Police have not indicated if they believe the body floated from one location to another, or how the body got in the water.

"Normally if a body goes in (to the water) in Boise, (police) will want us to put the gates in immediately," Paul Deveau, project manager with the Boise Project said. "We frown on that at least at first. It takes about a week for a body to go that distance. Maybe two."

Deveau said officials have to keep a close eye on the gate when it is deployed, since it gathers so much moss that it must be cleaned every few hours.

He said his office coordinated with police last week.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stories/ktvbn-aug0409-body_in_canal.a93ee584.html

nursebeeme
08-04-2009, 01:42 PM
Welcome Idaho~Native! Thanks for all the valuable insight!

mysticrose
08-04-2009, 01:45 PM
09:56 AM MDT on Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The results of today's autopsy are expected to come sometime after noon. Stay with KTVB & KTVB.COM for updates, and click here to recieve an e-mail alert if a news conference is scheduled.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stories/ktvbn-aug0309-kuna_canal_body.a50d15f2.html

DollyPardonMe
08-04-2009, 01:47 PM
Not doubting you or your brother, but this seems odd to me. If they found massive amounts of blood in the mom's apartment, shouldn't they have been arrested and in jail, instead of putting them up in a motel? Massive amounts says to me someone died there. Unless both the mother and the boyfriend have solid alibis, they would be the #1 suspects, and that kind of evidence would be good enough for an arrest warrant, IMO. Sounds like they have them in protective custody and LE doesn't do that with suspects. With the FBI watching the apt., sounds like they think someone else is involved, rather than the mom and b/f.

If they were testing with luminol they could have gotten a "positve" like we have heard somewhere posted in the past. We've also heard they brought in a U-haul to get something out of the apartment. Could they have pulled up the rug and found massive amounts of blood "Under" the carpet? MJ and BF might have just thought to clean the carpets and not worry about what was underneath. I dunno..JMHO

JoniP2211
08-04-2009, 01:51 PM

Or a garbage bag??? Double bagged for strength?? Ugly thought, but certainly not something out of the ordinary anyone would pay attention to.:sick:

SailorMoon
08-04-2009, 01:54 PM

Or a big laundry basket/hamper.

noelle91176
08-04-2009, 01:54 PM
Or a garbage bag??? Double bagged for strength?? Ugly thought, but certainly not something out of the ordinary anyone would pay attention to.:sick:

that's what I was thinking. :(

tfrohning
08-04-2009, 01:56 PM

I think that mom and Bf been threaten, that why they are in protect custody,
I don't think they are at hotel, and do hope they are not together. I don't think that FBI is watching the apt. I think it might be local LE, the only reason I would think they need to watch the apt is so that someone don't mess with any evidences, what person in their right mind would go back to the scene with the media all over this case, and LE around. JMO

Kimster
08-04-2009, 01:56 PM
For all we know, a neighbor DID see something and it is being kept under wraps at this time.

jnTexas
08-04-2009, 01:59 PM

Maybe LE found the massive amounts of blood, but let them go to watch them. To see if they lead them to the body, or if maybe they talked to someone else. I bet that motel was bugged ahead of time.

Spyglass
08-04-2009, 02:02 PM

BOISE - An official with the group that oversees the New York Canal said it is plausible that a body which entered the canal near the Vista area could make it to the Kuna-area.

The body of a male juvenile was found in the New York Canal near Kuna at Deer Flat Rd. Monday afternoon. The body is the same "age and size" as Robert Manwill according to police, who was reported missing July 24th in the Vista Ave. area of Boise. The Ada County coroner is working to confirm the identity of the body, and the cause of death.

Police have not indicated if they believe the body floated from one location to another, or how the body got in the water.

"Normally if a body goes in (to the water) in Boise, (police) will want us to put the gates in immediately," Paul Deveau, project manager with the Boise Project said. "We frown on that at least at first. It takes about a week for a body to go that distance. Maybe two."

Deveau said officials have to keep a close eye on the gate when it is deployed, since it gathers so much moss that it must be cleaned every few hours.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stories/ktvbn-aug0409-body_in_canal.a93ee584.html

Thanks, Mysticrose. I've been wondering how the grates could be kept down without causing overflooding.

My brother-in-law in Ft. Lauderdale lived at the end of a road which deadended on the river. After heavy rains, he cleaned debris/leaves from the gutter grates at the end of road or the entire street would remain flooded.

mysticrose
Here's the JVM video with the Reporter talking about the suburban theft: http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2009/08/04/jvm.manwill.latest.cnn

Salem

So according to this video Wallis did report this vehicle stolen. It also states the bloodhounds hit on the stolen surburban as a positive for Robert, and that the body pulled from the canal was close to Wallis's home where the backyard was searched.
To me Wallis in this video is truly concerned, I do not see any hinky while he is talking.
I wish we knew what they found in the apartment. If this auto was taken on July 22nd I would be concerned with premeditation. Do we know if Mom was having to pay child support for Robert ?
I knoe BF dad stated he dropped of money to help pay bills...

impatientredhead

The amount of blood would, by itself, only show someone died there.
It would not show who killed them.
And you would need DNA confirmation to identify the victim.
They do not want to arrest someone too early as the charges could end up thrown out, or evidence blocked.
And you certainly can't just arrest them all and sort it out later.

tfrohning
08-04-2009, 02:04 PM
For all we know, a neighbor DID see something and it is being kept under wraps at this time.

That good point, it is hard to beleive that no one hear or seem anything if there that many apts. I not lived in apt for a very long time, but do remember the wall are very thin.

mysticrose
08-04-2009, 02:05 PM
I think that mom and Bf been threaten, that why they are in protect custody,
I don't think they are at hotel, and do hope they are not together. I don't think that FBI is watching the apt. I think it might be local LE, the only reason I would think they need to watch the apt is so that someone don't mess with any evidences, what person in their right mind would go back to the scene with the media all over this case, and LE around. JMO

Well if I was Robert's dad I would have probally threaten to thump some one a** for sure.

tfrohning
08-04-2009, 02:09 PM
Well if I was Robert's dad I would have probally threaten to thump some one a** for sure.

I agree, in fact I think the Hosp.trip might been cause my Dad.
I do wonder how this man ends up with two crazy people in his life.( I don't want to call them ladies or women) because I feel like their animals:mad:

Amster
08-04-2009, 02:11 PM
Please tell me that "mom" didn't have custody of the baby whose skull she fractured.....that is pure insanity!!

petresq_algc
08-04-2009, 02:11 PM
I found this while looking at Robert's brother's myspace page.

AMBER ALERT !!!!- Looking for 8 year old Robby Manwill in the Boise / Meridian Idaho area. Last seen Friday night around 9:30 walking on 2800 block of Cherry Ln. in Meridian. 4'11" 50lbs with Brown hair and Brown eyes..last seen wearing black jeans and Black shoes and a brown shirt that says " Andy don't need no mic " on the back. If whereabouts known please contact Ada County Sheriffs office.

BBM - Where did the description of the clothing come from? I have only heard about the blue shirt with a faded superman logo.

Also, regarding Wallis, IF he has a solid alibi (out of town) then I find the whole stolen truck situation just too coincidental. IMO he knows who drove his vehicle while he was away. I'm willing to bet that his friend either had his permission to use the vehicle or that Wallis was told after the fact. Truly stolen vehicles don't usually show back up...with the scent of a missing child :(

TopTop
08-04-2009, 02:22 PM

Therefore the gates were open and the body could have travelled quite a distance. Would the weight of the body affect the speed it would travel at (i.e. lighter objects travelling faster ?)

desert-blue
08-04-2009, 02:24 PM

AMBER ALERT !!!!- Looking for 8 year old Robby Manwill in the Boise / Meridian Idaho area. Last seen Friday night around 9:30 walking on 2800 block of Cherry Ln. in Meridian. 4'11" 50lbs with Brown hair and Brown eyes..last seen wearing black jeans and Black shoes and a brown shirt that says " Andy don't need no mic " on the back. If whereabouts known please contact Ada County Sheriffs office.

This must be something old? At first they weren't sure what he was wearing and there were two shirts described. Also their apt. isn't on Cherry Lane in Meridian but Cherry Lane in Boise and I think his height was later changed to 4'2".

TopTop
08-04-2009, 02:26 PM
The amount of blood would, by itself, only show someone died there.
It would not show who killed them.
And you would need DNA confirmation to identify the victim.
They do not want to arrest someone too early as the charges could end up thrown out, or evidence blocked.
And you certainly can't just arrest them all and sort it out later.

I don't think they could be 100% certain someone died based only on the amount of blood, only fairly certain that a person would most likely not survive an injury that caused that amount of blood. I would assume they need additional evidence.

UnderDog
08-04-2009, 02:26 PM

BBM - Where did the description of the clothing come from? I have only heard about the blue shirt with a faded superman logo.

Also, regarding Wallis, IF he has a solid alibi (out of town) then I find the whole stolen truck situation just too coincidental. IMO he knows who drove his vehicle while he was away. I'm willing to be that his friend either had his permission to use the vehicle. Truly stolen vehicles don't usually show back up...with the scent of a missing child :(

The original description was later changed. Probably after LE interviewed some neighbors. Initially, the report was that he "probably" had the brown shirt on. Then it was either a brown shirt or blue shirt with spiderman and eventually it boiled down to blue shirt with superman. That was my first clue that something was terribly wrong when the parents couldn't remember what their child (under their direct supervision) was wearing after only two hours.

desert-blue
08-04-2009, 02:30 PM
OT but does anyone know what "Andy don't need no mic" is all about? I must admit I have no clue.

nmr
08-04-2009, 03:00 PM
Hey all - I live in Boise less than two miles from Robert's mother's home. This case has obviously piqued my curiousity, hitting so close to home. I hope whoever did this (assuming mother and/or her boyfriend) rots in jail. :(

tfrohning
08-04-2009, 03:07 PM
Hey all - I live in Boise less than two miles from Robert's mother's home. This case has obviously piqued my curiousity, hitting so close to home. I hope whoever did this (assuming mother and/or her boyfriend) rots in jail. :(

Welcome nmr:)
Do you know if there any thing go on at the canal? IS LE still there?

mysticrose
08-04-2009, 03:17 PM
New York Canal flow rate: 2400 CFS (cubic feet per second)

http://www.accem.org/pdf/boiseriverfaq2.pdf

1 cubic foot = 7.48 gallons

I was trying to determine flow rate to mile per hour for canal flow. There is a lot of determing factors for sure. My husband left or I would ask him..lol
Anyhow a little info above on CFS for the canal...

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
08-04-2009, 03:20 PM

Welcome to Websleuths, nmr! Wish it was under better circumstances, but thanks for joining us!

mysticrose
08-04-2009, 03:30 PM
Holy cow that is 17,952 gallons of water per second that is diverted into the New York Canal..thats alot of water!

We have canals the same size here where I live. We used to swim in them when I was a "teeny bopper". I remember the flow being pretty fast depending on where we would be swimming. If you swim in them now they will arrest you..lol.

mysticrose
08-04-2009, 03:37 PM

Also, regarding Wallis, IF he has a solid alibi (out of town) then I find the whole stolen truck situation just too coincidental. IMO he knows who drove his vehicle while he was away. I'm willing to bet that his friend either had his permission to use the vehicle or that Wallis was told after the fact. Truly stolen vehicles don't usually show back up...with the scent of a missing child :(

BBM..I wonder who saw him walking at this time and place, do we know ? Was it part of the mom & boyfriend's report ?

nursebeeme
08-04-2009, 03:39 PM
http://www.fox12idaho.com/Global/category.asp?C=172367

fox12Idaho's full coverage page for Robert

mysticrose
08-04-2009, 03:47 PM
In this article it talks about Mellissa leaving the police station in tears after they found the body in the canal, but there is no mention of the BF being there with her.
Also says this canal is only a half a mile away from the apartments.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/102/story/855054.html

What evidence did they pull from that apartment ?!!!!!!
I have to go beat my head.....

Nore
08-04-2009, 04:16 PM
The heroes in all these cases where the little children have been murdered are the children themselves. They have reached out from death to say "Here I am". Unfortunately, Robert to a passerby at the canal. Sandra Cantu reached out to migrant farm workers also in a canal. With Little Nevaeh it was a fisherman and Caylee kept calling Roy Kronk to find her. They want justice and they deserve it. We just have to find a way to grant their little wishes!!

--------------------------
You are right.We must find a way to have the Gov. change laws pertaining to child abuse.Any one found guilty of this most horrible crime should automatically be put away for life,no qualms,no nothing just do it.NO child asks for such a fate or deserves this.The US mollicoddles these $*&@$ creeps. If they did it once,they'll do it again and I am dam* fed up:furious:

Salem
08-04-2009, 04:16 PM
Not sure if I remembered to tell everyone - Reporter says the 911 call has been requested but LE is not releasing it at this time. Bummer!!!!!

mysticrose
08-04-2009, 04:17 PM
Ok I have to pull myself away from here and go work installing a headliner in my 73 Mustang. Yesterday when I left to work on it and came back I heard the news of the body in the canal..:(
Maybe when I get back we will have heard something by then...This case has been very troublesome for my heart...

Boyz_Mum
08-04-2009, 04:18 PM
OT but does anyone know what "Andy don't need no mic" is all about? I must admit I have no clue.

O/T Been looking around and I can't find a reference to a clothing line or anything. Perhaps it's just a simple "T" that has no meaning?

Angel Who Cares
08-04-2009, 04:20 PM
Sorry if these were posted already. I'm just catching up on the thread. I couldn't sleep till 6AM this morning & have had a rough afternoon with my FMS today. I apologize if they have been posted. :wink:

Coroner begins autopsy on body of young boy
August 4, 2009
Updated 2 hours 30 minutes ago
<snipped>
An autopsy is underway on the juvenile male body recovered from the New York Canal on Monday that matches the size and age of 8-year-old Robert Manwill who disappeared more than a week ago.

The autopsy began at 9 a.m. this morning, according to a release from the Ada County coroner's office.

Check back at idahopress.com for more information as it becomes available.

Article:
http://www.idahopress.com/?2009-08-04-Coroner-begins-autopsy-on-body-of-young-boy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Autopsy underway for the body of a young boy found Monday in the New York Canal
Published: 08/04/09
<snipped>
A forensic pathologist with the Ada County Coroner’s office has begun his autopsy on the small boy found Monday afternoon in the New York Canal near Kuna — a boy that could be missing 8-year-old Robert Manwill.

Officials hope the autopsy will identify the boy, who was spotted floating in the irrigation canal by two different people near Cloverdale Road in southern Ada County.

Boise Deputy Police Chief Jim Kerns said Monday that they could not positively identify the boy until after an autopsy is done.

In addition to providing an identification, the autopsy should also provide information on the cause of death of the boy and a ruling on if it was a natural death, accidental, suicide, homicide, or undetermined.

Boise police officials announced last week they had found undisclosed evidence indicating that Robert could be injured or the "victim of a tragic event." They still have not identified any suspects or people of interest in the case.

Article:
http://www.idahostatesman.com/newsupdates/story/855363.html
Coroner: Autopsy On Body Found In Canal Begins
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 04:41 PM EDT
Updated: Aug 4, 2009 12:59 PM EDT
<snipped>
The Ada County coroner says an autopsy began Tuesday on a body that was pulled from a canal and matches the description of an 8-year-old boy who disappeared more than a week ago.

In a statement Tuesday, Erwin Sonnenberg said the body found on Monday has been examined and a complete autopsy started at 9 a.m.

Police have said evidence in the case indicates suspicious circumstances surrounding the disappearance and the boy could be hurt "or the victim of a tragic event."

A passerby called emergency workers Monday to report they had seen a body floating in the canal near Kuna about 1:30 p.m.

Article:
http://www.localnews8.com/global/story.asp?s=10839632
<snipped>
An official with the group that oversees the New York Canal said it is plausible that a body which entered the canal near the Vista area could make it to the Kuna-area.

"We talked to them a week ago yesterday. We (walked) the canal with them and showed them the particulars. They kind of felt that wasn't necessary."

He stressed that there are no other body gates between Boise and the location where the body was found. Several other structures are in the canal that look similar, but they would generally not be useful in blocking a human body in the water.

It isn't clear where the boy's body entered the water, and police have not outlined what they think may have happened. More details are expected later Tuesday.

Canal officials say these "body gates" can be deployed into the water to screen a human body that was in the water. They were not in use yesterday.
http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stories/L_IMAGE.1223cc986ef.93.88.fa.d0.a951febe.jpg

Article:
UPDATE: Autopsy underway on body found in Kuna canal
09:56 AM MDT on Tuesday, August 4, 2009
<snipped>
body found in the New York canal Monday afternoon is the subject of an autopsy currently being performed by the Ada County Coroner.

The results of today's autopsy are expected to come sometime after noon. Stay with KTVB & KTVB.COM for updates, and click here to recieve an e-mail alert if a news conference is scheduled.

The coroner's office is working to make a positive identification on the body, but that determination is not expected to come until Tuesday. An autopsy will be performed on the body.

http://www.ktvb.com/images/body-map.jpg

View Larger Map:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=embed&hl=en&geocode=&q=Deer+Flat+at+Stewart&sll=43.490708,-116.419661&sspn=0.104612,0.109005&g=Kuna,+ID&ie=UTF8&ll=43.511584,-116.340237&spn=0.052295,0.054502&t=h&z=14&iwloc=A

E-Mail Alert For Robert Manwill:
http://www.ktvb.com/newsletters/

VIDEO: UNCUT: Watch news conference
http://www.ktvb.com/video/index.html?nvid=385791

Article:
Autopsy Scheduled For This Morning
Posted: July 31, 2009 12:15 AM EDT
Updated: Aug 4, 2009 11:39 AM EDT
<snipped>
The coroner was expected to perform an autopsy this morning on the body found in the New York canal. Boise Police say they will make announcement on the identification as soon as they confirm the identity. Deputy Chief Jim Kerns did confirm at a press conference Monday evening the body matches the same size and age of missing 8-year-old Robert Manwill.

Deputy Chief Kerns says one of the first officers on the scene jumped in and pulled out the body after it was called in by a civilian. He says the family has requested privacy at this time.

These developments come after several police agencies spent the weekend digging up the back yard of an Ada County home. Police tell Today's Channel 6 news, the home is rented by people who know the boyfriend of Robert's mother. It is not know what, if any evidence was found to lead police to the backyard. Boise police said they were following multiple leads and multiple locations looking for the boy.

Stay with Today's Channel 6 for the latest breaking developments.

VIDEO: Police: No Positive ID On Body 2:30
http://www.kivitv.com/global/Category.asp?c=169854&autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=4012874&flvUri=

Article:
http://www.kivitv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10823713&nav=menu536_2
VIDEO: Body Found In Canal 2:09
http://www.fox12idaho.com/global/video/popup/pop_playerLaunch.asp?vt1=v&clipFormat=flv&clipId1=4012905&at1=News&h1=Body Found In Canal&flvUri=

VIDEO: Tuesday Morning Headlines 2:02
http://www.fox12idaho.com/global/video/popup/pop_playerLaunch.asp?vt1=v&clipFormat=flv&clipId1=4013612&at1=News&h1=Tuesday Morning Headlines&flvUri=

FYI: HLN's Just announced that a news conference is expected between 5 & 5:30PM today!

:angel:

DollyPardonMe
08-04-2009, 04:21 PM
O/T Been looking around and I can't find a reference to a clothing line or anything. Perhaps it's just a simple "T" that has no meaning?

Ive looked for song lyrics, clothing lines, etc. Can't find a thing. What I don't understand though..If it was just a kids Superman T-shirt, there wouldnt have been a strange quote like this on the back...

grandmaj
08-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Breaking news the body has been identified as Robert. What a sad first post. RIP little Robert.

http://www.ktvb.com/

desert-blue
08-04-2009, 04:22 PM
Body tentatively ID'd as that of Robert:

grandmaj
08-04-2009, 04:24 PM
The Headline did not originally say tentatively when it first popped up. Now it does. They are waiting for dental records.

Idaho-native
08-04-2009, 04:25 PM
I think this is an area that is open for interpretation. I agree that massive would describe death, but an injury amount could be interpreted as a skinned knee. Some people would describe a bloody nose as massive, but its not death. Considering the body appears to be intact that would tell me its not massive to the extreme, but again what describes massive

Recovering-Lurker
R.I.P. Robert.

Asti
HLN reporting a news conference at 5 to 5:30

WillenFan21
08-04-2009, 04:26 PM
Jane Valez Mitchell just said there is going to be a Presser between 5 and 5:30.

SuziQ
08-04-2009, 04:26 PM
RIP Robert

Idaho-native
08-04-2009, 04:31 PM
Maybe LE found the massive amounts of blood, but let them go to watch them. To see if they lead them to the body, or if maybe they talked to someone else. I bet that motel was bugged ahead of time.
From what I was told the apartment was going to issue an eviction right away and it was the FBI who advised then not to do that yet. They were concerned that if they were evicted they would be flight risk. I am thinking the police put them in a bugged motel room to keep an eye on them. Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer kind of thing. Maybe they didnt make an arrest because without the body they couldnt be certain if it was murder or attempted murder.....

jnTexas
08-04-2009, 04:34 PM
I hope there is an arrest in this one The Neveah B. still has no arrest!!!!

Angel Who Cares
08-04-2009, 04:34 PM
Body Tentatively ID'd as Robert Manwill
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 04:21 PM EDT
<snipped>
Boise, ID - The Ada County Coroner's Office has "tentatively" identified the body found in the New York Canal yesterday as Robert Manwill. The positive ID will come after the dental records have been matched. For now the information has been turned over to the Boise Police Department. We are still waiting to hear the cause of death. Manwill went missing 11 days ago from his mom's apartment complex near Vista and Cherry in Boise. Police are going to hold a press conference later today. The time has not yet been set

Article:
http://www.fox12idaho.com/Global/story.asp?S=10846485&nav=menu439_2
Coroner tentatively identifies body as Robert Manwill
August 4, 2009
Updated 1 minute ago
<snipped>
The Ada County coroner has tentatively identified the body recovered from the New York Canal Monday as that of 8-year-old Robert Manwill.

Coroner Erwin Sonnenberg said positive identification will be released as soon as the office receives dental records and the forensic odontologist compares the findings.

A cause of death has not yet been determined.

Boise police announced they plan to update the media on the investigation at 4 p.m.

Check back for updates.

Article:
http://www.idahopress.com/?2009-08-04-Ada-coroner-tentatively-identifies-body-as-missing-8-year-old
Coroner's tentative ID: Body found in canal is Manwill
02:35 PM MDT on Tuesday, August 4, 2009
<snipped>
The body found in the New York canal Monday afternoon has been tentatively identified as that of 8-year-old Robert Manwill.

Tuesday afternoon, Ada County Coroner Erwin Sonnenberg made a tentative identification of the body, but said that the cause of death is pending a police investigation.

The identification is tentative because Sonnenberg is awaiting the receipt of dental records to make a final determination.

Sonnenberg said his office is working closely with the Boise Police Department on the case - and says further information will come in cooperation with BPD.

It still is not clear how Manwill ended up in the canal, how long his body had been in the water or if other factors are at play.

A spokesperson says a news conference is expected in the case, at 4 p.m. Tuesday. We will carry the news conference live on KTVB & KTVB.COM.

Article:
Coroner says body looks to be missing boy
August 4, 2009 in Idaho
<snipped>
The Ada County coroner has tentatively identified a body found floating in a canal Monday as missing 8-year-old Robert Manwill.

In a statement Tuesday, coroner Erwin Sonnenberg said his office is still trying to determine the cause of death.

The boy was visiting his mother the night he vanished. His father, Charles Manwill, lives in New Plymouth and has had custody since 2008.

Police have said evidence in the case indicates suspicious circumstances surrounding the disappearance.

Article:
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2009/aug/04/coroner-says-body-looks-be-missing-boy/
Coroner identifies body found in canal — tentatively — as Robert Manwill
<snipped>
The boy found in a canal between Boise and Kuna Monday was most likely missing 8-year-old Robert Manwill, the Ada County Coroner's Office said Tuesday afternoon.

"Positive identification will be released as soon as this office receives the dental records and the forensic odontologist can compare the findings," the office said in a release. "We are working closely with the Boise Police Department and our preliminary results are being turned over to Boise police to help further their investigation."

The report issued Tuesday does not indicate a cause of death, that is "pending investigation." It also says the place of death is "unknown."

Boise police will hold a press conference to update the case at 4 p.m.

Article:
BREAKING NEWS - A tentative identification has been made on the juvenile male recovered from a canal on Monday to be 8-year old Robert Manwill. The Coroner is still waiting for dental records and forensic testing to make a positive identification.
http://www.2news.tv/
Coroner: Body Found In Canal Robert Manwill
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 04:39 PM EDT
Updated: Aug 4, 2009 04:42 PM EDT
<snipped>
The Ada County coroner has tentatively identified a body found floating in a canal Monday as missing 8-year-old Robert Manwill.

In a statement Tuesday, coroner Erwin Sonnenberg said his office is still trying to determine the cause of death.

The child reportedly disappeared July 24 after leaving his mother's apartment in Boise.

A passerby called emergency workers Monday to report a body in the canal near Kuna about 1:30 p.m.

Article:
http://www.localnews8.com/Global/story.asp?S=10846733
Canal Body Tentatively Identified as Robert Manwill
August 4, 2009
<snipped>
The Ada County Coroner has tentetively identified the body which was found yesterday floating in a canal as missing eight-year old Robert Manwill. The coroner says positive identification will be released as soon as they can compare dental records. The Coroners report does not include the cause of death, or does it say if the death is being ruled as accidental or not. Results have been turned over to Boise Police who say they plan to hold a press conference at 4:00 to update the case.

Article:
http://www.kboi.com/Article.asp?id=1441754&spid=
Update: 4:00 Press Conference on Robert Manwill
August 4, 2009
<snipped>
Boise Police have called a press conference for 4:00 today to update the case of Robert Manwill. The Ada County coroner has tenetatively identified a body found in a canal yesterday as Robert. The cause of death has not been released.

Article:
http://www.kboi.com/Article.asp?id=1434459&spid=

ckwood32
08-04-2009, 04:35 PM
RIP Robert. Arrest those Monsters ASAP!

Boyz_Mum
08-04-2009, 04:43 PM
Ive looked for song lyrics, clothing lines, etc. Can't find a thing. What I don't understand though..If it was just a kids Superman T-shirt, there wouldnt have been a strange quote like this on the back...

The brown "Andy" t-shirt was one of the first shirts Robert was reported as wearing when he disappeared, I think then they said a blue spiderman T and then the 3rd shirt was the Superman shirt (IIRC).

DollyPardonMe
08-04-2009, 04:43 PM
GoGrannyPop...forgive me AGAIN, for using your signature line:

Bless the beasts and the children
For in this world they have no voice
They have no choice

Bless the beasts and the children
For the world can never be
The world they see

Rest in Peace Little Robert..I would have loved you to the Moon and Back!

SailorMoon
08-04-2009, 04:45 PM
Dang it. I'm still mad. Okay....what exactly led the dogs to the Suburban. Dogs were just cruising by and hit on it???? What's the connection there?

pinkfly
08-04-2009, 04:46 PM
Sad, just sad

Has the world always been this dangerous for innocent children?

gypsyblue
08-04-2009, 04:46 PM
I forgot to mention that from what my brother said (hearsay lol) The people who lived in that house were out of town when their suburban was stolen. It was their neighbors who told them it had come up missing. From what I was just told the suburban was parked back in the driveway on Monday. Now that makes me wonder if the people who live in that house arent the ones who put something together and called the police to check out their vehicle and home. It would fit in with my the vehicle wasnt reported missing until after the fact. Maybe being a family friend the bf knew how to get into the house or had access to spare keys.or just maybe Wallis would like to make people think this...just sayin....jmo

DollyPardonMe
08-04-2009, 04:47 PM
The brown "Andy" t-shirt was one of the first shirts Robert was reported as wearing when he disappeared, I think then they said a blue spiderman T and then the 3rd shirt was the Superman shirt (IIRC).

You know..If it was the monster and her BF, they probably didnt even know what he was last wearing. They didnt seem to care about him, as long as he was sitting still on his little hands..I think I need a good cry so I'll be back in a bit....

donada
08-04-2009, 04:54 PM

I think the saying refers to the kid comedian on MTV (Andy M.)

though I may be wrong.

noelle91176
08-04-2009, 04:55 PM
oh no, so sad, even sadder that I'm not surprised...another tragedy. <Sigh>

I wish things had been different for the little man. So much potential and a long life that he should have been able to live have been stolen from him. My prayers are with the ones that loved him. I hope justice is swift and painful for the ones that hurt him. :( :( :(

Tom'sGirl
08-04-2009, 05:02 PM
http://i31.tinypic.com/sy1is4.jpg

Noway
08-04-2009, 05:06 PM

though I may be wrong.

And he is loud enough to not need a mic(rophone)? I didn't know who "Andy" was but figured that was what the rest meant. I found all kinds of "mic" tshirts but nothing with that particular design.

The first missing person report I read had the tshirt description as that shirt. The first time I read about blue Superman tshirt was when a reporter said that the body pulled from the canal was wearing a shirt similar to what Robert had been wearing, and then mentioned blue tshirt with faded Superman logo.

SailorMoon
08-04-2009, 05:07 PM
I went back to the first thread to get some of the beginning details and clicked on the egg donors myspace. Would like to leave her my true comments on her "truth box" but decided better of it. I think BF has everything to do with this. Wasn't egg donor at work til 9pm?? I'm betting he didn't come home on time or something and bf lost it. Poor lil boy. Probably like my lil boy, thinks he knows what he is doing. Egg donor and bf shouldn't be allowed to be around kids. I'm really angry and this isn't solving anything. But I want to hit someone now. The person responsible.

I don't buy the oh my car was stolen and the nice thieves brought it back story. What brought the dogs to the car???

RIP Robert. No more days and nights with evil for you.

tfrohning
08-04-2009, 05:09 PM
this is so sad something went on in that apt, I hope and pray at the presser that they also tell us that there been arrest or arrests. this monster of mom has no right around kids, even if she didn't have anything to do with Robert death (which I doubt) she did not protect her son.

Shutterfly
08-04-2009, 05:15 PM
Is it me, or does it seem that the only thing missing in this case thus far is the nanny? POOF...Robert's gone. Apartments. Hits in the back yard and on vehicles. Constantly changing details, vehicles left or stolen......I feel as though I'm in the twilight zone. I just hope and pray to God that they found Robert in enough time so that he can tell LE what 'they' did to him and who did it.

Angel Who Cares
08-04-2009, 05:15 PM
Watch the Boise Police News Conference about Robert Manwill at 4PM today
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 05:00 PM EDT
<snipped>
Boise, Idaho -- Watch our live coverage of the news conference about the body found in the New York Canal on Monday August 3rd. We will stream the News conference on Fox12Idaho.com at 4PM on Tuesday August 4th. The link to the news conference video will be live at approximately 3:55pm.

Article:
http://www.fox12idaho.com/Global/story.asp?S=10846916&nav=menu439_2_1

Boyz_Mum
08-04-2009, 05:33 PM

though I may be wrong.

I've been looking for references to Andy Milonakis (sp) or quotes that say "Andy don't need no mic" and I'm not getting anywhere. He's who I thought of too. So far I haven't been able to find this particular saying on the Andy M. shirts available, so I can't confirm either way.

passionflower
08-04-2009, 05:40 PM
the T shirt?????

Amazon.com: Andy Milonakis Show - Shmandy T-Shirt - Small: Apparel

SuziQ
08-04-2009, 05:46 PM
Link to video screen is up but not live yet.
http://www.fox12idaho.com/global/category.asp?C=73639

SuziQ
08-04-2009, 05:47 PM
Link but not clickable yet....

http://www.ktvb.com/#

Thrs0806
08-04-2009, 05:52 PM
Link but not clickable yet....

http://www.ktvb.com/#

3:55 Pm Idaho time is 6:55 PM East Coast time. Correct??

Angel Who Cares
08-04-2009, 05:53 PM
Rest In Peace Robert & All Of The Little Angels That Have Gone Before You!

http://dl5.glitter-graphics.net/pub/2098/2098535pcnzgvkygh.gif

Sarah McLachlan and Josh Groban - In The Arms Of The Angel
YouTube - Sarah McLachlan and Josh Groban - In The Arms Of The Angel

passionflower
08-04-2009, 05:54 PM

I think 5:55PM ?????

SuziQ
08-04-2009, 05:56 PM

5:55pm. In five minutes.

The below link is now live and doing mike checks.

graphicsgal
08-04-2009, 05:56 PM
Yes, 5:55...we are MST.

Boyz_Mum
08-04-2009, 05:59 PM
I think 5:55PM ?????

I'm in EST, it's nearly 6 PM, and the "world clock" says it's nearly 4 PM in Boise.

nursebeeme
08-04-2009, 06:00 PM
Link to video screen is up but not live yet.

thanks my friend! I just noticed the same thing... that there is no video box up yet for the feed

passionflower
08-04-2009, 06:01 PM
discussing this and presser on now HLN............dental records needed

passionflower
08-04-2009, 06:02 PM
very active investigation!

passionflower
08-04-2009, 06:03 PM
very short presser.....no questions!

RR0004
08-04-2009, 06:05 PM
Nothing is coming up for me...anyone?

Boyz_Mum
Will there have to be a positive ID with dental records for an arrest to take place?

SuziQ
Didn't offer up any new info, just kept stressing that the investigation is very active. Don't listen to rumors, etc. Still need a difinitive ID via dental records. And COD is pending.

passionflower
must be pretty decomposed if they need dental records to be sure????
hope mother took him regularly to dentist.
Investigation From home to found site.
Mother and boyfriend have a criminal past...........

Recovering-Lurker
must be pretty decomposed if they need dental records to be sure????
hope mother took him regularly to dentist.
Investigation From home to found site.
Mother and boyfriend have a criminal past...........

I'm sure his dad took him to the dentist.

passionflower
08-04-2009, 06:06 PM
HLN is talking about all of the case, good info.............

tfrohning
08-04-2009, 06:07 PM
no questions? he was in hurry

passionflower
08-04-2009, 06:08 PM
rental home, suburban bloodhounds, same news..........LE close to chest on everything........no new info

elepher50
08-04-2009, 06:10 PM
Dental records needed - would a body decompose that quickly in a body of water? Would depend on the water temperature I suppose and what other living things are in the Canal?

nursebeeme
08-04-2009, 06:12 PM
I am seriously thinking that he (and LE) KNOW what the questions would be and are not ready to go there/give a thing away. I think they are dodging the questions session for a reason. I actually commend them for the way they have handled this. So sad about poor Robert. I hope justice comes swiftly.

jnTexas
08-04-2009, 06:13 PM
What's the weather been like the last week in Idaho? Has it been hot or humid?

We are in the 90-100's with high humidity so it's hot and sticky! Decomp would be rapid in our area at this time. Just curious what it was like there.

SuziQ
08-04-2009, 06:13 PM

ITA, he booked it out of the room.

nmr
08-04-2009, 06:16 PM
Dental records needed - would a body decompose that quickly in a body of water? Would depend on the water temperature I suppose and what other living things are in the Canal?

I can't help you with the water temperature off the top of my head, but there are definitely fish in the water, as it's diverted from the Boise River. If he'd been in there more than a couple days, he could have definitely been nibbled at. Poor soul.

tfrohning
08-04-2009, 06:16 PM
it hard to have a open mind, when we all seem that they tape off the apt and dug that guy yard up, plus taking in the Subran and the guy statement that it was stolen.
do we think we have another presser tonight

nmr
08-04-2009, 06:17 PM

We are in the 90-100's with high humidity so it's hot and sticky! Decomp would be rapid in our area at this time. Just curious what it was like there.

Idaho is never humid - we're in the desert, so it's a very dry heat. It has been between in the mid-90s to 100s just about every day since it happened.

graphicsgal

I'ts been hot...a hundred plus. As far as humidity, not so much...at least here in south central Idaho. That's why I like it here! :crazy:

Noway

I think it is due to the bloating and discoloration that a physical ID was not possible. They could not only be trying to save Robert's family the horror of seeing him like that, since a positive ID would not be possible and instead are using dental records.

Paintr
08-04-2009, 06:19 PM
http://www.idahopress.com/news/?2009-08-04-Ada-coroner-tentatively-identifies-body-as-missing-8-year-old

Kerns said police have been notified of the tentative identification of the body found Monday as 8-year-old Robert Manwill. He said the public should not expect easy answers, cautioning against speculation.

nursebeeme
08-04-2009, 06:19 PM
Just my thoughts... but the dental records can do the job a lot quicker than dna.. And as for a visual id (sorry for being gross in advance) but facial features, etc, would not be possible in and of themselves. Funny though that Sandra Cantu's dental match came a lot sooner.. but we don't know where his records were, etc, to cause the holdup... not to mention if some teeth are missing, etc.

http://www.deathonline.net/decomposition/decomposition/index.htm

I found this very interesting website on decomposition... (warning... there are pictures)

Paintr
08-04-2009, 06:21 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,536900,00.html?test=latestnews

In a statement Tuesday, coroner Erwin Sonnenberg said his office is still trying to determine the cause of death of little Robert Manwill.

nursebeeme
08-04-2009, 06:21 PM
me too Q! It was almost like a "talk to the hand" kinda exit

CentralAlberta
08-04-2009, 06:25 PM
. . . and another Little One leaves us. . . and many tears are shed but we can find peace in the fact that these little people are in a better place.

I pray for Robert's family - especially his older brother. May this young man have someone come into his life to help him through this difficult time. May he KNOW he was not responsible in any way.

Angel Who Cares
08-04-2009, 06:29 PM
UPDATE: Police: Identification of boy's body "beginning of an entirely new investigation"
August 4, 2009
Updated 1 minute ago
<snipped>
Deputy Chief Jim Kerns of the Boise Police Department offered little new information at an afternoon press conference.

Kerns said police have been notified of the tentative identification of the body found Monday as 8-year-old Robert Manwill. He said the public should not expect easy answers, cautioning against speculation.

"Finding Robert will not be the end, but just the beginning of an entirely new investigation. Our priority remains finding answers for Robert's family and this community," Kerns said. "Our system of justice demands that we focus on evidence. Our investigative experience tells us we can not jump to conclusions."

Kerns said Robert's family remains in close contact with police. He quickly departed after his brief statement without responding to questions from reporters.

"We ask that you continue to keep Robert, his family and the dedicated investigators in your thoughts. They very much appreciate your support," he concluded.

Article:
http://www.idahopress.com/news/?2009-08-04-Ada-coroner-tentatively-identifies-body-as-missing-8-year-old

tfrohning
08-04-2009, 06:34 PM

he was running,:confused:

is it me but it seem that LE never find theses childern it always been citizen. (Plus did LE even search the canal ?)

Neveah
Sandra
Caylee, I feel LE could had found little Caylee way sooner if one officer would done his job JMO

I also feel that Boise LE is doing a great job, I am not questioning them about not answering questions,
I would like to know why they made the statement about the canal,what made then think Robert was not in the canal, or after that statement was made did someone go in put Robert there, thinking that it would not be search.

That would clear mom and BF, I am sure that LE has not let them out their sights.

Amster
08-04-2009, 06:57 PM
If his death is from drowning, I bet nobody is charged. Unless there are broken bones...like a fractured skull....they'll just say he wandered off and fell into the canal.

~dragonfly~
08-04-2009, 07:00 PM
. . . and another Little One leaves us. . . and many tears are shed but we can find peace in the fact that these little people are in a better place.

I pray for Robert's family - especially his older brother. May this young man have someone come into his life to help him through this difficult time. May he KNOW he was not responsible in any way.

when will it end? http://www.cosgan.de/images/midi/traurig/a050.gif

Paintr
08-04-2009, 07:23 PM
idahostatesman

The report issued Tuesday does not indicate a cause of death, that is "pending investigation." It also says the place of death is "unknown."

"I'm sure a cause of death will be released down the road," Sonnenberg said Tuesday. "Everything has got to be put together to find out just what has happened."

Sonnenberg said water complicates his work.

I am very curious about the 'place of death'.

Cherry Baby
08-04-2009, 07:32 PM
I'd hazard a guess that LE is getting their ducks in a row and perhaps arrests will be immediate as soon as they determine cause of death. Knowing the history going on here I'm sure they may have some idea what happened, just need the body evidence to back it up.

Idaho-native
08-04-2009, 07:47 PM
Just got off the phone with my contact. I am not sure if I should be posting what I know and who I am getting it from, but here it goes anyways. Its a lot of bits and pieces to different things.

When they brought the uhaul it it was backed right up to the stairs. The complex has stairs on both ends. On the stairs near mothers apartment it was not only blocked off, but covered so nobody could see what was coming out of the apartment. It was maintenance who told the complex security that the carpet and wall was removed. It happens to be he not only lives there, but works part time for that same security while he is going to school. He said the security company he works for is not allowed near that apartment at this time.

I asked him if he thought mom was really working that night. He said when he got home from class that night mom was there and had said she had been at work.

He said he knows the deputy that pulled the body from the water and supposedly there were anchor markings. Since this has all happened this deputy now isnt answering his phone. My guess is deputy was told not to talk anymore to anyone and turn his phone off.

I asked him his take on the mom and he isnt 100% sure if she is involved, but almost certain the bf is. He doesnt know for sure if the mom even knows for certain what happened. Thinks its possible that maybe the bf got heavy handed with Robert before mom got home.

I asked him what his take on no arrests was.....He thinks its because they are being very careful to do everything just right so nothing gets thrown out. He said if the mom was involved they want to know for sure so they can arrest both at the same time. On the flip side they dont want to arrest her if this was something just on the bf. He did tell me again they have been prime suspects from the start.

He said mom was at the vigil last night, but the bf was not. I also noticed that at the police conf yesterday when he was not there, but I have read she was.

I have not really processed what I have just learned yet. Im not sure what I think about it, but wanted to pass what I have heard along to everyone else. When I got off the phone with him he was heading into class. Im sure this will be some sort of discussion. I mean how can this not be talked about with criminal justice majors...lol

SeriouslySearching
08-04-2009, 07:51 PM
I really appreciate the great information, but could this get him fired? Maybe if you took the references out of who he really is it would be a good idea. Just be sure to state this is an unconfirmed report/rumor since it is not official and there is no way to verify the information.

Idaho-native
08-04-2009, 07:55 PM
I really appreciate the great information, but could this get him fired?

I struggled writing that because I dont want to make it obvious who I am getting this from, but at the same time if I hold back details then people question its truth. I honestly dont know. Never once did he tell me not to repeat it. Never once did he say "I cant talk about it". The other thing is this is what he is getting from other sources who seem to know first hand. They may be the ones that could end up in trouble. I dont know...... Now some of the things like the apartment being totally blocked off would be obvious to anyone who lives there.

I dont even know where I would start as far as removing the source. Its been posted in a few places. I am thinking I would need some extra eyes and a mod to help me edit any of that information

panthera
08-04-2009, 07:59 PM

I haven't had a chance to check for updates until now and thanks to my friends here, I guess I have it. I really was praying it wasn't true.

:cry:

panthera
08-04-2009, 08:00 PM
Nancy Grace on now and Jean C. is reporting on Robert!!!

passionflower
08-04-2009, 08:01 PM
Nancy Grace has segment on about Robert now

panthera
08-04-2009, 08:04 PM
Showing video of the LE news conference confirming a tentative ID as that of Robert. Also video of the canal, including that Robert could've entered the canal from about 1/2 mi. from his mother's house.

panthera
08-04-2009, 08:07 PM
Reporter can't confirm what clothing the body has on as media didn't get close enough to see. He's describing the canal as a "powerful body of water". Preliminary report from the Coroner: cause of death "unknown", place of death "unknown". Also saying it would be almost impossible to tell if someone had been pushed or just fallen into the water. Looking for bruising, other injuries.

christee
08-04-2009, 08:09 PM
I had no idea what the words meant but they sounded like song lyrics to me. I did a search and of course there are tons of choices but the lyrics from "Go Into Your Dance" by the group(?) 42nd Street Soundtrack stood out as a possibility:

http://www.songlyrics.com/42nd-street-soundtrack/go-into-your-dance-lyrics/

I hope the link works!

passionflower
08-04-2009, 08:10 PM
LE seems to be holding allot to their chest......IMO
does Idaho have sunshine laws or keeps everything close til
trial?

Angel Who Cares
08-04-2009, 08:10 PM
Updated Articles & Videos!

Ada County Coroner says the fact Robert Manwill was found in water makes it harder to determine his cause of death
<snipped>
"Finding Robert will not be the end, but just the beginning of an entirely new investigation," he said.

Police have to "focus on evidence," he said.

Kerns said Robert's family is still in close contact with police and being updated throughout the investigation.

Sonnenberg said water complicates his work.

"You can't assume as much as quickly," he said. "Now you have to add the fact that you have...decomposition in water which greatly complicates the case."

Deveau estimates from the Vista Avenue apartment to where Manwill's body was found as a roughly 18-mile stretch.

There are no gates or grates between those two locations to stop a body, he said. And it would take more than a week for a body to float that far, he said.

"We deal with this a lot," Devaue said. "Usually, any place from Broadway to Gowen Road...if somebody goes in that area, it's going to be one to two weeks before we see them at Cloverdale."

There are a set of "body gates" at Cloverdale Road, Deveau said, but the canal company must lower them into place. That didn't happen, because Boise police "thought he wasn't in the canal so we didn't put the gates in," he said.

Map: Where Robert Manwill was last seen and where the body was found
http://media.idahostatesman.com/smedia/2009/08/04/14/0804_Manwill_search.source.prod_affiliate.36.pdf

Video: Tuesday's press conference
http://videos.idahostatesman.com/vmix_hosted_apps/p/media?id=5447313&item_in dex=1&all=1&sort=NULL

Video: Sunday's press conference in the search for Robert Manwill
http://videos.idahostatesman.com/vmix_hosted_apps/p/media?id=5405891&item_index=1&all=1&sort=NULL

See a photo gallery from the search for Robert Manwill
http://www.idahostatesman.com/397/gallery/848267.html

Video: Friday's press conference where police say they have evidence that "suspicious circumstances" exist in Robert Manwill's disappearance
http://videos.idahostatesman.com/vmix_hosted_apps/p/media?id=5375879&item_index=1&all=1&sort=NULL

Sign up for our Breaking News newsletter and be among the first to know about major news when it happens.
http://www.idahostatesman.com/reg-bin/int.cgi?mode=register

Sign up for our Breaking News text alerts delivered straight to your cell phone to be among the first to know about major news when it happens.
http://legacy.idahostatesman.com/mobile/

Article:
Question remains: How did Robert Manwill die?
05:30 PM MDT on Tuesday, August 4, 2009
<snipped>
Tuesday afternoon, Ada County Coroner Erwin Sonnenberg made a tentative identification of the body, but said that the cause of death is pending a police investigation.

The identification is tentative because Sonnenberg is awaiting the receipt of dental records to make a final determination.

Sonnenberg said his office is working closely with the Boise Police Department on the case - and says further information will come in cooperation with BPD.

It still is not clear how Manwill ended up in the canal, how long his body had been in the water or if other factors are at play.

A news conference held at 4 p.m. by the Boise Police Department did not reveal any additional information.

Click here to sign up for an alert to be informed when we learn more:
http://www.ktvb.com/newsletters/

VIDEO: Kerns: New phase begins
http://www.ktvb.com/video/index.html?nvid=386090

VIDEO: Death under investigation
http://www.ktvb.com/video/index.html?nvid=386107

VIDEO: Community gathers for vigil
http://www.ktvb.com/video/index.html?nvid=386112

Article:
Boise Police Department News Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 04, 2009
<snipped>
Watch the latest News Conference in the Robert Manwill missing child investigation. Also, click here for a video demonstration of the abilities of specially trained scent and search K-9's who are helping in the search for the little boy. Media contact info is also provided.

All the latest information will be posted at www.boisepolice.org

News media briefings will be held at noon daily, until further notice, at Boise City Hall West, 333 N. Sailfish Place.

Watch the latest News Conference
http://www.cityofboise.org/Departments/Police/Multimedia/DepartmentVideos/LatestManwillPresserV10.wmv

Watch a video demonstration of one of the specialized search K-9's being utilized.
http://www.cityofboise.org/Departments/Police/Multimedia/DepartmentVideos/BloodhoundDemoVNR.wmv

For Latest Information
http://www.cityofboise.org/Departments/Police/NewsReleases/2009/page45044.aspx

Article:
http://www.cityofboise.org/Departments/Police/NewsReleases/2009/page45044.aspx
Coroner: body found in canal Robert Manwill
August 4, 2009 4:44 PM ET
<snipped>

The child reportedly disappeared July 24 after leaving his mother's apartment in Boise.

Police have said evidence in the case indicates suspicious circumstances surrounding the disappearance.

Article:
http://www.localnews8.com/Global/story.asp?S=10846764
Police: body ID launches new investigation
<snipped>
Police say the tentative identification of a body found floating in a canal as missing 8-year-old Robert Manwill has launched an "entirely new investigation."

Deputy Chief Jim Kerns said Tuesday police were waiting for a positive identification from the Ada County coroner, who has tentatively identified the body as Manwill.

The boy reportedly disappeared July 24 after leaving his mother's apartment in Boise, where he was visiting. His father, Charles Manwill, lives in New Plymouth and has had custody since 2008.

Article:
http://www.idahostatesman.com/IdahoNews/story/854904.html
Body Found in Canal Is Missing Boy
Robert Manwill, 8, Missing Since July 24; Family Has History of Violence
Aug. 4, 2009
<snipped>
Ada County coroner Erwin Sonnenberg released a statement today saying his office was still trying to determine the cause of death. Dental records will be checked to confirm the identification, he said.

"Finding Robert will not be the end, but just the beginning of an entirely new investigation," Boise Police Department Deputy Chief Jim Kerns said. "Our priority remains finding answers for Robert's family and this community."

Kerns asked today for patience as police continue to investigate what happened to the boy.

"We caution those who would speculate, who spread rumors or second-guess what's happening behind the scenes," he said. "Our system of justice demands that we focus on evidence. Our investigative experience tells us that we cannot jump to conclusions. The police investigation into Robert's disappearance continues and is very active."

Article:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=8252194&page=1
VIDEO: News Conference Announcing Robert Manwill's Body Identified 6:03
http://www.fox12idaho.com/global/video/popup/pop_playerLaunch.asp?vt1=v&clipFormat=flv&clipId1=4014704&at1=News&h1=News Conference Announcing Robert Manwill's Body Identified&flvUri=

VIDEO: Manwill Vigil 2:53
http://www.fox12idaho.com/global/video/popup/pop_playerLaunch.asp?vt1=v&clipFormat=flv&clipId1=4012912&at1=News&h1=Manwill Vigil&flvUri=
The Search for Answers... Robert Manwill
The body of 8 year old Robert Manwill was found in the New York Canal near Kuna, Idaho. The search for answers continues. Find out the latest information and see all of FOX 12's Special Coverage of the story here.
http://www.fox12idaho.com/Global/category.asp?C=172367
"Entirely New Investigation" in Manwill Case
August 4, 2009
<snipped>
Boise Police say the identification of the body of Robert Manwill is not the end, but the begining of an entirely new investigation. The coroner tentatively identified Roberts at the victim who was pulled Monday from a canal near Kuna. Speaking at a press conference Tuesday Deputy Chief Jim Kerns said investigators remain dedicated to "finding answers" for Manwill's family. Kerns said police are engaged in a "very active" investigation, but warned people against speculating what could have happened and not to jump to any conclusions. Police said last week they had evidence indicating Robert could be the victim of a tragic event, but they have not identified any suspects or people of interest in the case.

Article:
http://www.kboi.com/Article.asp?id=1441754&spid=
VIDEO: Coroner tentatively identifies body 2:07
http://www.2news.tv/news/52459077.html

panthera
08-04-2009, 08:12 PM
trial?
I don't know what they have to release, but I was kind of surprised to hear anything about the Coroner's report so soon! :)

SeriouslySearching
08-04-2009, 08:13 PM
I struggled writing that because I dont want to make it obvious who I am getting this from, but at the same time if I hold back details then people question its truth. I honestly dont know. Never once did he tell me not to repeat it. Never once did he say "I cant talk about it". The other thing is this is what he is getting from other sources who seem to know first hand. They may be the ones that could end up in trouble. I dont know...... Now some of the things like the apartment being totally blocked off would be obvious to anyone who lives there.

I dont even know where I would start as far as removing the source. Its been posted in a few places. I am thinking I would need some extra eyes and a mod to help me edit any of that informationI was only speaking of the part where you mentioned where he works and what he does with his other time as this could be a clear indication for people who know him. If they cannot pinpoint who is talking to whom then no one would get into trouble.

In order to edit a post, you look at the right bottom side of the post for the edit button. Click and edit the post then click the save button. :)

passionflower
08-04-2009, 08:14 PM
Andy Milonakis is a kids comedian.......has T shirts with a microphone on them,, I believe.
Andy yells and doesn't need a mic I was told.

badme102
08-04-2009, 08:16 PM
RIP Robert. :(

I am so sorry that your life was cut so short, sweetheart. Please fly with the angels and be free.

UnderDog
08-04-2009, 08:18 PM
The identity of the body as Robert is a certainty. Dental records would seem to be a formality for the prosecution and to meet legal requirements of the Coroner's office. Based on the unconfirmed report of "anchor marks", the place of death is not likely at the canal and the cause of death is not likely to be drowning. It's possible he floated down the canal, it's quite a bit larger than a typical irrigation canal, more like a river in some areas. So now the "real" investigation begins. Up until now, it's been more about collecting hard evidence from what I can tell. Oddly enough, I'm kind of hoping there are anchor marks to disprove any claims he fell into the canal. Based on the unconfirmed reports of blood in different locations, the autopsy should reveal those injuries and it seems unlikely that...WHOA! I just noticed that Wallis started to say murder and caught himself. Check out the Wallis interview, I just saw it on NG. When he says "whatever I can do to help in this mur..." and then he switches to something about helping finding Robert. I don't have a link. Anyone? It was the interview where he seemed nervous.

passionflower
08-04-2009, 08:19 PM
Sheeba from Ill, gets into NG all the time...........geez! but she asked about bruses on body........coronor not saying yet
usan Moss wants a timeline and more clues from neighbors!

Idaho-native
08-04-2009, 08:20 PM
trial?

Im not sure what sunshine laws are so I will assume no. I do keep hearing them mentioned here. What are they?

panthera
08-04-2009, 08:21 PM
They're mentioning the timeline and that it's unclear what could have happened. Well, where was he supposed to be headed? Birthday party or play yard? Last seen around 10pm ~ isn't it dark outside? What was an 8 y/o boy doing out by himself at that hour?? :mad: MOO

passionflower
08-04-2009, 08:21 PM
if Robert went to a birthday party or just wandered off then why secure an apartment???
also asked if mother on pyscho drugs......seeking counseling from the other abuse to brother

panthera
08-04-2009, 08:23 PM
Im not sure what sunshine laws are so I will assume no. I do keep hearing them mentioned here. What are they?

Florida Sunshine Laws
http://www.myflsunshine.com/sun.nsf/pages/Law

passionflower
08-04-2009, 08:23 PM

Fla. has them, it is tell all....like in the Caylee case

panthera
08-04-2009, 08:25 PM
if Robert went to a birthday party or just wandered off then why secure an apartment???
also asked if mother on pyscho drugs......seeking counseling from the other abuse to brother
With the prior history to his brother, I really don't believe he just wandered off and to the canal where he accidentally fell in. MOO

passionflower
Jean has said the place of death is unknown

passionflower
with the prior history to his brother, i really don't believe he just wandered off and to the canal where he accidentally fell in. Moo

ita!!!!

passionflower
08-04-2009, 08:26 PM
Mark Klauss seems to think the mother did have grief

passionflower
08-04-2009, 08:28 PM
100 sex offenders in area......10 pm and no one knows where he was? playing? at a birthday party? It doesn't add up..........plus the apartment rugs, walls, digging at friends yard and a Suburban of friends that dogs hit on.........hinky!!!

panthera
08-04-2009, 08:29 PM
Mark Klauss seems to think the mother did have grief
Marc usually doesn't throw out allegations either unless LE names somebody a POI. ;)

panthera
08-04-2009, 08:32 PM
100 sex offenders in area......10 pm and no one knows where he was? playing? at a birthday party? It doesn't add up..........plus the apartment rugs, walls, digging at friends yard and a Suburban of friends that dogs hit on.........hinky!!!
I noticed in the interview of the Suburban's owner that was shown tonight that he started to say "murder" but stopped in the middle of the word. :waitasec:

Idaho-native
Based on the unconfirmed report of "anchor marks", the place of death is not likely at the canal and the cause of death is not likely to be drowning. It's possible he floated down the canal, it's quite a bit larger than a typical irrigation canal, more like a river in some areas.
I know criminals are stupid and even more stupid when under the influence of drugs of some kind, but for the life of me I cant understand how they can be as stupid as they are. Anyone who lives around here knows that the NY canal doesnt have water in it all year. Eventually it does dry up. Eventually a body would be recovered from the canal. What honestly drives these kinds of people to think they can get away with things that a clear mind would no better then to do

mysticrose
Ok so now I have heard 3 different timelines, I have heard 7:00 pm, 9:00 - 9:30 pm,
and now 10:00 pm on NG...WTH ! Which one is it?

panthera
08-04-2009, 08:34 PM
I know criminals are stupid and even more stupid when under the influence of drugs of some kind, but for the life of me I cant understand how they can be as stupid as they are. Anyone who lives around here knows that the NY canal doesnt have water in it all year. Eventually it does dry up. Eventually a body would be recovered from the canal. What honestly drives these kinds of people to think they can get away with things that a clear mind would no better then to do
What body of water, if any, does this canal lead to?

mysticrose
08-04-2009, 08:34 PM
Why do I have a feeling this may turn out to be premeditated. I am having a hard time getting past the stolen suburban.

panthera
08-04-2009, 08:37 PM
Why do I have a feeling this may turn out to be premeditated. I am having a hard time getting past the stolen suburban.
I'm suspicious too since the bloodhounds scented on it, and since it mysteriously showed up again. MOO

Kimster
08-04-2009, 08:38 PM

....unless the plan is to make it look like a drowning accident.

passionflower
08-04-2009, 08:38 PM
doctor on said lack of some fluid in an area would show a struggle in autopsy?
I couldn't get all info, was on phone.......

Idaho-native
08-04-2009, 08:40 PM

I just called my mom and double checked, but this canal doesn't lead to anywhere. I have been here all my life and have spent many many years growing up a few blocks from where the mom lived. That canal has NEVER had water in it year around. In fact here in a few months they will be shutting off the irrigation around here and the canals will run dry. Sure by the time they canal runs dry the body will be in worse condition then it is now, but I would think it would tell a story

passionflower
08-04-2009, 08:41 PM

and stupid is what gets them caught! Thank goodness!

mysticrose
08-04-2009, 08:41 PM
Well my husband just came in here and changed the chan. from NG ! So I'm not hearing a thing...

passionflower
08-04-2009, 08:42 PM
I just called my mom and double checked, but this canal doesn't lead to anywhere. I have been here all my life and have spent many many years growing up a few blocks from where the mom lived. That canal has NEVER had water in it year around. In fact here in a few months they will be shutting off the irrigation around here and the canals will run dry. Sure by the time they canal runs dry the body will be in worse condition then it is now, but I would think it would tell a story

Wasn't Sandra Cantu found in an irrigation canal that dries up also........same type??/

panthera
08-04-2009, 08:42 PM
Good point! Did I hear correctly that to access the canal from his mother's place at about 1/2 mi. away, he'd have to go over terrain and up a hill? I'm also curious if there have been any reports if he was afraid of the dark or not?

passionflower
08-04-2009, 08:43 PM
nothing now.talking about meth lab in OHIO with 6 kids inside house........

panthera
08-04-2009, 08:43 PM
doctor on said lack of some fluid in an area would show a struggle in autopsy?
I couldn't get all info, was on phone.......
He was talking about fluid in the lungs.

Idaho-native
08-04-2009, 08:44 PM
Ok so now I have heard 3 different timelines, I have heard 7:00 pm, 9:00 - 9:30 pm,
and now 10:00 pm on NG...WTH ! Which one is it?
I think this may be one of those things that has been messed up from person to person. I had heard several times at first as well. Is what I have narrowed down is 7:30 was when Robert was last playing. It was a little after 10:00 when the police got the call. It seems like I heard mom got home from work at 9:00. I think these are all times that have been mentioned for different reasons and somehow just got rolled into one story

panthera
08-04-2009, 08:45 PM
Thanks! It could be because the canal was close that it seemed like a good place to dump his body, especially if it was done near the mother's place to make it look like he'd just wandered off. MOO

passionflower
08-04-2009, 08:45 PM
Good point! Did I hear correctly that to access the canal from his mother's place at about 1/2 mi. away, he'd have to go over terrain and up a hill? I'm also curious if there have been any reports if he was afraid of the dark or not?

how far away was the house & suburban from apartment? did you catch that?

AmandaReckonwith
08-04-2009, 08:47 PM
Evan Wallis says 'this murde..this case'. 8/1/09

http://www.2news.tv/news/52270027.html?video=YHI&t=a

nursebeeme
08-04-2009, 08:47 PM
Hi Idaho~native! Thanks again for all the information you have posted.. It solidifies my current assumptions about what happened to Robert!

I wanted to let you know that the sunshine laws are laws that allow documents (pertaining to the case....SWS, afidavits, etc etc etc) to be available to the public.. there are only three states that have these laws and Florida and Missouri are two of them. I forget the third (it is somewhere in one of these threads). Hope this helps.

Kat
08-04-2009, 08:48 PM
awww I just heard. My Husband is watching Nancy Grace in the livingroom (she's got a guest host tonight) and they said it was Robert.

I'm so sorry.

panthera
08-04-2009, 08:52 PM
Evan Wallis says murde..case.

Thanks for finding the link ~ I knew I heard that!!

panthera
08-04-2009, 08:53 PM
how far away was the house & suburban from apartment? did you catch that?
They had a map on the screen but I didn't catch the exact distance.

nursebeeme
08-04-2009, 08:55 PM
Thanks for finding the link ~ I knew I heard that!!
heard it too.. and that dude needs to do something with his pool!

panthera
08-04-2009, 08:57 PM
heard it too.. and that dude needs to do something with his pool!
Oh is that what it was in the back yard??? :eek: :D

nmr
08-04-2009, 08:58 PM
The mother's house is about 8.3 miles or 20 minutes from Wallis's.

A_Closer_Look
08-04-2009, 08:59 PM
Evan Wallis says 'this murde..this case'. 8/1/09

good catch!
what a slip!

panthera
08-04-2009, 09:00 PM
JVM's "Issues" is on again ~ talking about Robert. I missed it the first time so I don't know how much time she spends on the case.

panthera
08-04-2009, 09:03 PM
good catch!
what a slip!
I also just noticed he said that on Saturday!! :eek:

nursebeeme
08-04-2009, 09:03 PM
The mother's house is about 8.3 miles or 20 minutes from Wallis's.
And the site the body was found is 2 miles from Wallis..

LaLaw2000
08-04-2009, 09:04 PM
I noticed in the interview of the Suburban's owner that was shown tonight that he started to say "murder" but stopped in the middle of the word. :waitasec:

BBM

He sure did!

Also, when a video was showing the Suburban, I could see sandy looking (tan) dirt all over the rubber part at the bottom of the window. It had either been driven down a dusty dirt road, or a breeze wafted quite a lot of dust/dirt onto the vehicle. MOO

ETA: As for the breeze; I meant it could have wafted from the backyard digging. MOO

mysticrose
08-04-2009, 09:05 PM

This canal empties into Lake Lowell in Canyon County. :)

About the 5th question down.

Idaho-native
08-04-2009, 09:07 PM
The canal is about a half mile or mile from moms apartment. He would have to walk up a hill to get there.

If you go to google and type in 3205 S Vista Ave, Boise, ID‎ then drag the arrows to the right you will see the canal. Its at the top of the hill. If you follow that down to where there is a 7 11 gas station on the left you can see the apartments

panthera
08-04-2009, 09:10 PM
[/b]

BBM

He sure did!

Also, when a video was showing the Suburban, I could see sandy looking (tan) dirt all over the rubber part at the bottom of the window. It had either been driven down a dusty dirt road, or a breeze wafted quite a lot of dust/dirt onto the vehicle. MOO

ETA: As for the breeze; I meant it could have wafted from the backyard digging. MOO
You're right, but I'm not putting too much into the dirty SUV since like you said, it could've come from the backyard. Or it's just been a while since it was washed. ;) What he started to say though really struck me, especially since little Robert's body (we assume) wasn't found until yesterday. :waitasec:

Idaho-native
08-04-2009, 09:11 PM

Thank you for that correction. All I really was 100% about is there is not water in it all year long

panthera
08-04-2009, 09:11 PM
The canal is about a half mile or mile from moms apartment. He would have to walk up a hill to get there.

If you go to google and type in 3205 S Vista Ave, Boise, ID‎ then drag the arrows to the right you will see the canal. Its at the top of the hill. If you follow that down to where there is a 7 11 gas station on the left you can see the apartments
Thanks so much for the additional information! I was wondering if he would've walked up that hill, especially if it were dark, or getting dark outside.

panthera
08-04-2009, 09:13 PM

So if he were dumped into the canal, the perp may have thought the body would end up in the lake, correct?

Idaho-native
08-04-2009, 09:16 PM
Any 8 year old I know would be afraid to be out walking once its dark. Much less in a neighborhood he isn't all that familiar with. Then to add that this lost, scared and tired kid is gonna fight a fence to get to the canal. Not to mention the lighting may make it difficult to see all that well. Sure there are street lights, but I dont think enough to get him past a fence without any snags.

I can tell you for certain if any of my kids or nieces or nephews had to walk up that hill without a drink in the heat they would all be whining about how tired they were and how their feet hurt. No matter what anyone says I will never believe this child walked up to that canal and fell in. Being a mom gives us a lot more knowledge then people think lol

LaLaw2000
08-04-2009, 09:18 PM
Watching JVM again and noticing all of the dust/dirt kicked up as the vehicles leave the scene where Robert's body was recovered.

mysticrose
08-04-2009, 09:19 PM
So if he were dumped into the canal, the perp may have thought the body would end up in the lake, correct?

Correct, but if Robert was weighted down with something that would not be the case. I really think something was holding him down, because if he fell into that canal he would have been found alot sooner then he was..JMO
I think some one was trying to hide him thinking he would stay down, I believe Scott Peterson thought the same with Laci but it doesnt happen like that.

AmandaReckonwith
08-04-2009, 09:20 PM

Maybe not if they knew all the geography of the canal. I followed it along (google & bingmaps), and I don't know much but I could see a few places where there would be small rapids, falls or dry spots or rocky areas. A body probably wouldn't go through unless it was flooded.

mysticrose
08-04-2009, 09:28 PM
I'm begining to wonder if Mom really knows what happened, now the BF on the other hand I think he knows damn well what happened to Robert.JMO

panthera
08-04-2009, 09:29 PM
Watching JVM again and noticing all of the dust/dirt kicked up as the vehicles leave the scene where Robert's body was recovered.
I noticed that too and was thinking about the Suburban's dirt ~ just maybe it was there. After all the dogs scented on it. Has it been processed for forensics on the undercarriage & tires?

panthera
08-04-2009, 09:31 PM
Correct, but if Robert was weighted down with something that would not be the case. I really think something was holding him down, because if he fell into that canal he would have been found alot sooner then he was..JMO
I think some one was trying to hide him thinking he would stay down, I believe Scott Peterson thought the same with Laci but it doesnt happen like that.
That does make a lot more sense. I too was thinking if he'd just fallen in he would've been found sooner. But they did say bodies have travelled several miles down that canal. MOO

SeriouslySearching
08-04-2009, 09:32 PM
You're right, but I'm not putting too much into the dirty SUV since like you said, it could've come from the backyard. Or it's just been a while since it was washed. ;) What he started to say though really struck me, especially since little Robert's body (we assume) wasn't found until yesterday. :waitasec:I would put a lot into that dirty SUV. The dirt along the canal is going to be filled with completely different soil samples. It should include things like cow manure and other things which are exclusive to that particular area. The plant life would be different as well and the vegetation plus the spores can be found on the vehicle. The tires should hold even more information as to where the vehicle has been driven. My guess is the perp wasn't smart enough to consider cleaning the SUV in order to get rid of such evidence. ;)

Idaho-native
08-04-2009, 09:33 PM
Another thing that makes me not even consider that he walked up that hill and fell in himself.....That is a fairly busy road. There is enough traffic that at least ONE person would have seen a child walking that time of night. Heck I would notice a child walking that during the day. My first thought would be that a child shoulnt be alone on that busy road. If I saw a kid at night you can bet it would stick in my mind.

LaLaw2000
08-04-2009, 09:33 PM
I'm begining to wonder if Mom really knows what happened, now the BF on the other hand I think he knows damn well what happened to Robert.JMO

I think they both know what happened. I feel that whatever the boyfriend knows, the Egg donor knows. After all, she supposedly left the BF to babysit, and now Robert is dead and she is still with him.

JMO

nursebeeme
08-04-2009, 09:34 PM
You're right, but I'm not putting too much into the dirty SUV since like you said, it could've come from the backyard. Or it's just been a while since it was washed. ;) What he started to say though really struck me, especially since little Robert's body (we assume) wasn't found until yesterday. :waitasec:
I agree... look at the state of the house and yard... do we really think this guy does the whole turtle wax thing?

SailorMoon
08-04-2009, 09:34 PM
I'll keep asking because this is driving me nuts, sorry....what led the dogs to the suburban?? I want more info about Mr. Murd/Case. I just hope that Robert didn't suffer. But I have a feeling his summer was less than fun with evil bf. I wonder how often Dad called and talked to him while he was gone?????

nursebeeme
08-04-2009, 09:36 PM
I noticed that too and was thinking about the Suburban's dirt ~ just maybe it was there. After all the dogs scented on it. Has it been processed for forensics on the undercarriage & tires? burning question of the day... ((for me anyhow))... did Robert ever ride in that SUV before?

LaLaw2000
08-04-2009, 09:37 PM
I noticed that too and was thinking about the Suburban's dirt ~ just maybe it was there. After all the dogs scented on it. Has it been processed for forensics on the undercarriage & tires?

Probably was well gone over by the crime lab before it was returned. And, since the dogs hit on it - it worries me. Makes me think that Robert was in that vehicle at some point in time.

The forensics always tell the tale.

JMO

sandcastles4me
08-04-2009, 09:39 PM

I have been wondering the same thing. Since Robert was seen by others that evening, we know what ever took place happened that night. I think if the Mom was involved or even covering for the BF I don't think she would of reported him missing that night, I think she would of spent that night getting that apartment cleaned and getting their stories straight, and reported him missing the next day. There is also a possiblity that someone else did this to Robert, but I too am looking at the BF. That child should of never been allowed to spend the night in that home.. let alone the summer! CPS failed Robert badly and that makes me so mad:mad:

LaLaw2000
08-04-2009, 09:39 PM
I'll keep asking because this is driving me nuts, sorry....what led the dogs to the suburban?? I want more info about Mr. Murd/Case. I just hope that Robert didn't suffer. But I have a feeling his summer was less than fun with evil bf. I wonder how often Dad called and talked to him while he was gone?????

BBM

That is really what I want to know as well, SailorMoon. Something did.

panthera
08-04-2009, 09:42 PM
I would put a lot into that dirty SUV. The dirt along the canal is going to be filled with completely different soil samples. It should include things like cow manure and other things which are exclusive to that particular area. The plant life would be different as well and the vegetation plus the spores can be found on the vehicle. The tires should hold even more information as to where the vehicle has been driven. My guess is the perp wasn't smart enough to consider cleaning the SUV in order to get rid of such evidence. ;)
I've changed my mind about the SUV since seeing the dirt roads near where his body was found. And yes, that's exactly why I asked if the undercarriage & tires had been processed. :)

nursebeeme
08-04-2009, 09:42 PM
Moon,
From one of the earlier pressers (iirc) they said that "LEADS" led them to search the house of Mr. Willis and they could not reveal anything as to the nature of those leads. Once they were on site persuing their lead with SW in hand and dogs by their sides (as they had been using them in the investigation) the hit just solidified that Robert had been in or around the SUV. I wonder which type of search dog hit.. I have not read that cadaver dogs have been used.. just air dogs and blood hounds..

Question I already posted is... had Robert ever been in that car previously?

panthera
08-04-2009, 09:43 PM
Probably was well gone over by the crime lab before it was returned. And, since the dogs hit on it - it worries me. Makes me think that Robert was in that vehicle at some point in time.

The forensics always tell the tale.

JMO
I would think CSI processed it for any traces of Robert, but did they completely do the exterior for soil, etc?

LaLaw2000
08-04-2009, 09:44 PM

Thank you for that directive. I do see what you are talking about. IMO, Robert did not go there alone and at that time of night.