PDA

View Full Version : 2009.08.21 Motions hearing #2

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Tony Padilla
08-21-2009, 09:21 PM
Plus, I was thinking that she wanted him to admit what the heck did they need a security guy when they had George?

That was my arrangement as for security. We were being threatened by the hour.

tangerinemoon
08-21-2009, 09:21 PM
I would imagine that you deal with many disturbed, anti-social people in your line of work. What do you make of Casey??

Insomnia Momma
08-21-2009, 09:24 PM
So what people, so Casey looks pale! Couldn't believe when JVM on her show expressed kinda feeling sorry for Casey cause it looked today like her Death Penalty case is getting hard on her. Oh please Jane, Caylee doesn't look so good these days either. It's scarey when people forget what this case is really about. I would expect whoever killed Caylee to look pale and sick to their stomach over what they did to a beautiful child. Caylee is the only innocent one in the Anthony family.

Some of us don't look as good as we used to before this crime was committed either. We're pale and our eyes look tired from months and months of reading transcripts and expert testing analysis. Many of us are exhausted by the tediousness of insuring Caylee gets some Justice. Many of us have cried real wetter tears than Casey did today. We still have wait and wait in the dark not knowing when defense will finally tell us how Casey is so innocent. I'm not sure this case isn't going to hurt my health. So please consider, wasting your pity because you think you see "some real emotion" in Casey is A HUGE WASTE.

Defense is headed down a dangerous path with feeble attempts to create reasonable doubt. I hardly think from today's hearing that they will be successful.

JUSTICE AND TRUTH FOR CAYLEE IS ALL THAT MATTERS NOW.

My bold

THIS is exactly why all the delays. THIS is what the defense wants the public and the media to start thinking! They want people to start to feel a little sorry for her.

It's disgusting!

:puke:

Brini
08-21-2009, 09:25 PM
I think you're right.
What was the re-baptism about then? I'd like to think I'd be making a fresh start with God by doing that. Making ammends for past lies etc.

Looks like they haven't started the "rebirth" behavior, quite yet. :-(

Brini
08-21-2009, 09:26 PM
Thanks. I'm going to watch these now. I'm not sure that Leonard will be on Nancy Grace. I am going to challenge these lies tomorrow on the Today Show weekend edition.

YOU GO, TONY!

We'll be RIGHT there with you!:blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss:

RR0004
That was my arrangement as for security. We were being threatened by the hour.
Sorry, I'm confused...security to protect the "investment"?

Please forgive me...I'm coming in downstream.

OneLostGrl
I'll hold out a little longer but usually one should trust their gut - when will I ever learn! :bang: :blowkiss:

OLG - who do you mean, TP or JB or both? Just checking.

LOL- JoseB

Tony's cool - (though I wish he'd have let Casey rot in jail but the world isn't run by my terms LOL) I got mad respect for lawyers and bondsmen who do their jobs properly ;)

Brini
Damage control, hoping to improve their image. Didn't work. :crazy:

Achieved the opposite, IMHO.

Tony Padilla
08-21-2009, 09:27 PM
Why do you think the memorial was a joke, if you don't mind me asking?

It was a huge publicity stunt for Leonard to be on TV. He never knew Caylee. He was milking her death for his ego and satisfaction. Tell me that's okay. I tried my best to convince him that this was wrong but he didn't care. Did any of you see the Greta show when she asked him why he was there doing this. She embarrassed him big time! I love Greta too. She is a class act. We talked often during the week I was there.

Curious Me
08-21-2009, 09:28 PM
So what people, so Casey looks pale! Couldn't believe when JVM on her show expressed kinda feeling sorry for Casey cause it looked today like her Death Penalty case is getting hard on her. Oh please Jane, Caylee doesn't look so good these days either. It's scarey when people forget what this case is really about. I would expect whoever killed Caylee to look pale and sick to their stomach over what they did to a beautiful child. Caylee is the only innocent one in the Anthony family.

Some of us don't look as good as we used to before this crime was committed either. We're pale and our eyes look tired from months and months of reading transcripts and expert testing analysis. Many of us are exhausted by the tediousness of insuring Caylee gets some Justice. Many of us have cried real wetter tears than Casey did today. We still have wait and wait in the dark not knowing when defense will finally tell us how Casey is so innocent. I'm not sure this case isn't going to hurt my health! IMO, pity because you think you see "some real emotion" in Casey is A HUGE WASTE.

Happy with today's events. Defense showed some of their poker hand, and they're betting on a naive, gullible jury. Looks like Defense is headed down a dangerous path with feeble attempts to create reasonable doubt. I hardly think from today's hearing that they will be successful.

JUSTICE AND TRUTH FOR CAYLEE IS ALL THAT MATTERS NOW.

RR0004
08-21-2009, 09:29 PM
It was a huge publicity stunt for Leonard to be on TV. He never knew Caylee. He was milking her death for his ego and satisfaction. Tell me that's okay. I tried my best to convince him that this was wrong but he didn't care. Did any of you see the Greta show when she asked him why he was there doing this. She embarrassed him big time! I love Greta too. She is a class act. We talked often during the week I was there.
I wasn't too impressed with other memorial either I'm afraid to say.

Brini
08-21-2009, 09:29 PM
Leonard's blowing smoke and making things up just to get air time. He can't set the record straight because he doesn't know. Tracy is the one who spent the most time with her. Leonard spent 5 minutes total with Casey in the house. That's it. And Cindy, Rob, and Tracy were there.

Yeah, that's pretty much what we were saying on Part I of this thread.

He was there to make sure she didn't rabbit, because that's what a bail bondsman does.

As soon as she was out, she cut him RIGHT off.

Tony Padilla
08-21-2009, 09:30 PM
I would imagine that you deal with many disturbed, anti-social people in your line of work. What do you make of Casey??

Casey is all about Casey. This may seem odd but Casey is a very nice respectful girl. She is also very personable. Probably a little too immature to be a great parent but I get accused of that.

Muzikman
08-21-2009, 09:30 PM
Were you there today? You need to let me know what color shirt you're wearing so I can watch your facial expressions when Baez speaks. :crazy:

Yes, but fortunately I was pretty much out of line of video camera site, I think.

Not very hard to guess what my expressions were like when Baez spoke. :laugh:

:laughbounce:

Then

:doh:

Melanie
08-21-2009, 09:31 PM
I know a number of you might be upset by this, but the Anthony's (George and Cindy) are great people. I truly love and care for both of them. They might be abrasive at times but they are very nice people. We still talk on occassion. Please look at them with a different point of view. They lost their granddaughter and as twisted as Casey might be they are about to lose their daughter. That's very difficult!!

Yikes - what does that mean "truly love". You truly love your wife, children. It's an odd quote to truly love an acquaintance or friend. You only talk to them on ocassion, but you truly love them.

Maybe you meant to word it differently....I just found it odd.

Mel

LancelotLink
Can't see part four or five, but what a show George put on! Every question the state asked, he answered something else. He must still have some water in his ears.

And did Jose ask the judge to accept his privacy agreement in the spirit it was intended and not what he actually wrote and everyone agreed to?

Patty G
August 21, 2009
Issues

YouTube - Issues 8/21/09 Casey Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLGKYpDahYY)
YouTube - Issues 8/21/09 Casey Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSlbnGQ6QEY)
YouTube - Issues 8/21/09 Casey Part 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU8tQj8Qou4)

Brini
08-21-2009, 09:32 PM
The problem I have with your explanation, is that GA did not hold his own self accountable for his actions which, in turn, taught KC how to proceed with her actions. I just love it when someone who is as guilty as I am tries to admonish me - it doesn't fly. Sure kids get mad at their P's for various reasons but I've yet to uncover any evidence that KC was made to be accountable for any of her bad deeds. What makes you think that she was?

Why would GA be responsible for the actions of an adult?

A lot of us had bad to horrible parents. We still have the choice of letting them go, and going forward and being productive.

GA didn't kill Caylee. KC killed Caylee.

Melanie
08-21-2009, 09:32 PM
I wasn't too impressed with other memorial either I'm afraid to say.

Sorry to get OT -- but has Caylee ever been buried?

Mel

OneLostGrl
08-21-2009, 09:33 PM
I know a number of you might be upset by this, but the Anthony's (George and Cindy) are great people. I truly love and care for both of them. They might be abrasive at times but they are very nice people. We still talk on occassion. Please look at them with a different point of view. They lost their granddaughter and as twisted as Casey might be they are about to lose their daughter. That's very difficult!!

:sick:

Tony Padilla
After having been through this and seeing what the media reports I would only believe the news and not these trashy news magazine shows. Plus I really believe that some of these networks are paying people a lot of money. I would believe Greta, Geraldo and NBC's stuff.

Elphaba

Does Leonard not realize that he is doing this on the back of a murdered child? That is what bothers me so much... he's making things up (per your post many pages back)... it seems like he is dying to get camera time... all on the back of that baby. Whatever happened to the sanctity of respect in this world?

shotzie
08-21-2009, 09:34 PM
What house behind the Anthony's? Their house backs up to a floodplane...

I agree, remembering photo's there wasn't any homes behind them..r u tony?

Woe.be.gone
Tracy will definitely testify but it's not my fault. She knew what she was in for.

I misunderstood. I thought she might have been your girl (not sure of your marital status). You said that she isn't LE or has some connection to work like that. I jumped to a conclusion that you may have felt responsible for her being there. Sorry.

Tony Padilla
Yikes - what does that mean "truly love". You truly love your wife, children. It's an odd quote to truly love an acquaintance or friend. You only talk to them on ocassion, but you truly love them.

Maybe you meant to word it differently....I just found it odd.

Mel

Fair enough but I think highly of them.

Tony Padilla
08-21-2009, 09:35 PM
Does Leonard not realize that he is doing this on the back of a murdered child? That is what bothers me so much... he's making things up (per your post many pages back)... it seems like he is dying to get camera time... all on the back of that baby. Whatever happened to the sanctity of respect in this world?

I totally agree. You don't know the half of it!!!!!!!!!!!

kageykaren
08-21-2009, 09:36 PM
Tony were you invited to the memorial for Caylee by CA or GA? I'm also curious as to why the A's still speak with you at this late date as you were just doing a professional job. Is it better in your line of business to stay unattached to clients before and after a job is finished. I can't imagine what there would be to talk about with the A's as their lives have taken a new course in the missing children volunteering their Foundation as hope for some!

Balthazar
08-21-2009, 09:38 PM
Tony, I had been looking at the Google Earth photos which predated the street behind the Anthony's (in fact their photo shows the street excavation.) The new street with houses is shown on zillow.com. This is not a great surprise to me. zillow.com just updated my home photos to show the pool I put in 12 years ago.

In talking to Casey, did you think she was intelligent or average?

LancelotLink
Weeeeeeeeee. That was fun.

Anyone else have a problem with part 4 and 5 of today's trial? Did we ever figure out who Casey was flipping off?

RR0004
Casey is all about Casey. This may seem odd but Casey is a very nice respectful girl. She is also very personable. Probably a little too immature to be a great parent but I get accused of that.
Sociopaths are very charming.

whiteangora
08-21-2009, 09:39 PM
:) That's MY YouTube channel videos. :)

hey Patty, yes they sure are, was I supposed to mention that when I posted the links? :blowkiss:

tangerinemoon
08-21-2009, 09:40 PM
I have a problem with grandparents who would lie on the stand and obstruct an investigation. In my humble opinion, there are no different than the others making $ off a dead baby.

Patty G
Thanks. I'm going to watch these now. I'm not sure that Leonard will be on Nancy Grace. I am going to challenge these lies tomorrow on the Today Show weekend edition.

I will record the Today Show tomorrow and upload it to my YouTube Channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/Sierra1947 and also here at WS.

biggirl
Tony, you stated KC is a "respectful" girl. Just observation, but the videos in jail showed her pretty much throwing a hissy fit with her parents. She also stole from her Grandmother. I just have never felt that her behavior fit the pattern of respectful.

LambChop
08-21-2009, 09:41 PM

Yes, I know. I saw her respectful photo taken at the Bank of America. This is what most of us fear on WS. Someone who can't get past her smile and the fact that she is young and attractive. There is nothing respectful about not reporting your child missing and going out any partying while your child is lying in a ditch being torn apart by wild animals. Sorry, JMO.

Tony Padilla
08-21-2009, 09:43 PM
I agree, remembering photo's there wasn't any homes behind them..r u tony?

I was there and definitely saw a house back there.

RR0004
I'm sorry to hear that...not surprised...but it's sad. I really was put off by his involvement in the first place. He must be very convincing if he convinced you.

OneLostGrl
I have a problem with grandparents who would lie on the stand and obstruct an investigation. In my humble opinion, there are no different than the others making $ off a dead baby.

ita. Nothing good to be found in those people, imo.

Patty G
hey Patty, yes they sure are, was I supposed to mention that when I posted the links? :blowkiss:

No, not at all. :)

Tony Padilla
08-21-2009, 09:44 PM
Tony, you stated KC is a "respectful" girl. Just observation, but the videos in jail showed her pretty much throwing a hissy fit with her parents. She also stole from her Grandmother. I just have never felt that her behavior fit the pattern of respectful.

Just speaking about my interaction with her. She was nice to me.

Balthazar
08-21-2009, 09:45 PM

Tony is right, you guys. Google Earth has old Satellite photos. If you look at Zillow.com you can see the new street of houses behind the Anthony house. Zillow just recently updated their pictures.

RR0004
08-21-2009, 09:45 PM
Casey has the ability to be whoever she wants to be...to fit the situation if you KWIM?

Tony Padilla
08-21-2009, 09:46 PM
I'm sorry to hear that...not surprised...but it's sad. I really was put off by his involvement in the first place. He must be very convincing if he convinced you.

Understand that Leonard's intentions were correct at the beginning. He really thought Caylee was alive. But he became obsessed by the media. He relished every second he could be on TV. It became very bothersome to me that he was basically using this poor girl's death as a forum for his own satisfaction.

Brini
08-21-2009, 09:46 PM
Taken from thread #1

I respectfully disagree. I see it very differently.
If she's looking at different things, it is the most rapid eye movements I've ever seen. Only if she were trying to look at a 100 things at once.. if that makes sense. :confused:

I wish I could remember the poster who did a great breakdown/synopsis of KCs eye movements from the last time we saw her in court.

They had slowed down the video and zoomed in, and noticed that when her eyes are fixed on something, her pupils will almost "rotate" if you will in the same pattern almost every time.

Arg, I wish I could find that post. But hope we can just agree to disagree..Thanks for the reply.

With respect (and I mean that, Reagan):-)

Is the poster experienced in testing and diagnosing nystagmus? Are you, as well?

Does s/he know that pupils don't rotate? They dilate and constrict.

Does s/he know that if KC was exhibiting a neuro symptom that important, she would immediately be evaluated for the source, and might be found too impaired to stand trail, until the problem was found and treated?

How has press missed it?

Are we seeing the odd head positions, balance problems, visual loss, and vertigo that goes with it?

Is KC being evaluated for MS, a brain tumor, head injury, or vision deficit?

KC doesn't have any neuro deficits. They could not have ben missed by the jail staff.

Balthazar
08-21-2009, 09:48 PM
Tony, how intelligent did Casey seem to you? Average, above average, below average?

floridamom
08-21-2009, 09:50 PM
That is exactly what I must have done. Sorry. I am trying to keep up with the posts and must have read it wrong. This is like a runaway thread. Sit down to dinner and come back and your 5 or 6 pages behind. Love it. It has not been this busy since the last doc dump.

isn't that the truth!!! LOL! All is cool!

Tony Padilla
08-21-2009, 09:50 PM
Tony, how intelligent did Casey seem to you? Average, above average, below average?

Hard for me to say. She has nice handwriting!!

RR0004
08-21-2009, 09:51 PM
Understand that Leonard's intentions were correct at the beginning. He really thought Caylee was alive. But he became obsessed by the media. He relished every second he could be on TV. It became very bothersome to me that he was basically using this poor girl's death as a forum for his own satisfaction.
Thanks...I appreciate your honesty. When was his/your lightbulb moment...that she was no longer alive?

Tony Padilla
08-21-2009, 09:54 PM
Thanks...I appreciate your honesty. When was his/your lightbulb moment...that she was no longer alive?

About a week after she was out and some evidence was coming back.

Patty G
08-21-2009, 09:55 PM
Hard for me to say. She has nice handwriting!!

:clap:

RR0004
08-21-2009, 09:56 PM
So if LP only has "hearsay" knowledge of what went on in the house...will you or Tracy be called for depositions regarding ZFG?

citygirl
I'm more concerned about the people that count. You state that George lied on the stand today, that he lies quite often, but he's a good person, none the less. What did he lie about specifically today?

And you say that Jose is not trustworthy also? He entered a different document than the one that you signed. The SA seemed to be aware of that. Is that because of you? This does not bode well for Miss Anthony, IMO.

kageykaren
I'v been willing to except TP's words but after the last comment of "truely love" does not sound professional comming from someone in your business. To state your feeling so longingly and wanting those of us who have been on this case the duration to look at this couple as deserving empathy after not following the laws of the land, is just asking to much! Weren't you appalled by their actions regardless of your deep affection. Something is fishy about this subject. I'm a freaking copy of Mother Teresa and I'm not able to forget how the A's continuously put Caylee on the back burner. Come on Tony this is the same couple having dinner at a fine hotel, laughing it up with MB and ABC rep. the night Caylee's remains were found. Help me out here????

cecybeans
You are reading this all wrong!!! Leonard was very emotional about this case and he REALLY believed that girl was alive. All the input we heard before and while we were there pointed to Caylee being missing not dead. George lied on the stand today. That doesn't mean he is a bad person. Just because he is doing what he thinks is right doesn't mean he has a bad heart. Just like Leonard. He does great things all the time. He lies quite often as well. I'm not throwing anybody under the bus. Just stating facts. After Casey went back to jail there was never a reason to return for a Caylee memorial with that reverand nut. He should have left things alone.

I just feel that Leonard's role changed from finding Caylee to getting as much air time as possible on TV.

Tony, thank you for so generously answering our questions and offering your opinions and knowledge of the circumstances. As to your uncle, regardless of his motives (and there are plenty of people who were seduced by this high profile case for much less transparent motives) - there are many of us who enjoyed the fact that he functioned as a public thorn in JB's side. LE and the SA's have had to keep quiet and take all kinds of abuse and accusations from the defense, not to mention unprofessional behavior and unnecessary delay tactics that have cost the taxpayers of FL jillions, I'm sure in a terrible economy. He may be a publicity hound, but he is at least honest about that and his presence was a nice counterweight to all of the syrupy interviews JB and LKB did for other media outlets. We know he is not an angel, but he managed, with a kind of Archie Bunker-esque quality to voice the questions and articulate the doubts that many of us had regarding how KC and her family comported themselves in public regarding the facts of this case.

I admire you for finding good qualities in them; surely what they have been through is more than difficult. But you may be one of the very few who helped them that they did not turn on eventually (I am thinking in particular of TM), and many of us were shocked by how quickly those who generously gave of their time and resources to help were scolded or turned away in order for them to perpetuate the myth that their granddaughter was alive. I think what bothers many of us the most is the number of collateral casualties involved; mere acquaintances of KC's whose lives are forever changed and have suffered and paid in time and money for simply knowing her and are now in the line of fire of some insane SODDI defense strategy. The fact that her family was less interested in uncovering the truth (painful as it might be) and instead spreading the blame to any possible scapegoat is what truly made it impossible for many of us to feel the empathy we would have liked for the loss of their granddaughter. Caylee's death was a terrible tragedy; but the concentric circles of blame that have been created have made this an expensive farce to many people. Managing public perception, as you know, is key to the success of almost anything, whether someone is innocent or not.

At any rate, I hope you are able to clear the air about the "mistruths" JB tried to claim were fact today in court. That guy is getting on everyone's last nerve, but you have more reason than most to be irritated. Good luck tomorrow and you will have our full and energetic support.

countzero
08-21-2009, 09:57 PM
Casey has the ability to be whoever she wants to be...to fit the situation if you KWIM?

Yeppers, today is but one example during the hearing. ALyons must have previously told her to show some emotion, like give the media tears like ya did at JB's office the day you were indicted.

I do believe ALyons orchestrated KC's removal from the courtroom and some of the emotions that I saw from KC were acceptance and her coming to grips with her fate; ALyons wasn't hired to get her released from jail but to keep her out of the chamber at the jail.

Won't comment of the appearance of ALyons today. But let's just say I wasn't impressed with her tactics and backhanded comments anymore than I was with the camera shots of her. As politely as I can put it folks.

Tony, good luck with JB and crew. After hearing LDB and reading your posts tonight, I don't believe you have much to worry about at all.

Woe.be.gone
08-21-2009, 09:58 PM

Has LP done stuff like this before? Why would he do this? Is he bored? Maybe you should take him to see a Doctor!

Tony Padilla
08-21-2009, 09:59 PM
So if LP only has "hearsay" knowledge of what went on in the house...will you or Tracy be called for depositions regarding ZFG?

I am talking to Tracy on the phone. She has not been called and is not expecting anything. I know that I will not be questioned.

kageykaren
08-21-2009, 10:01 PM
Kinda like the A's are using Caylee's name? Don't like LP for these reasons, but you truly love the A's and chit chat. Throw me a bone Tony as I really want to understand.

Tony Padilla
08-21-2009, 10:01 PM
I'm more concerned about the people that count. You state that George lied on the stand today, that he lies quite often, but he's a good person, none the less. What did he lie about specifically today?

And you say that Jose is not trustworthy also? He entered a different document than the one that you signed. The SA seemed to be aware of that. Is that because of you? This does not bode well for Miss Anthony, IMO.

How we met the family. Our role in the house. Can't say about the second part.

Woe.be.gone
08-21-2009, 10:03 PM
Why would GA be responsible for the actions of an adult?

A lot of us had bad to horrible parents. We still have the choice of letting them go, and going forward and being productive.

GA didn't kill Caylee. KC killed Caylee.

You have to read both quotes Brini. My reply makes sense then. She said GA was the only one who ever held KC accountable for her actions - like in discipline. Do you agree with that?

cecybeans
08-21-2009, 10:04 PM
Plus, I was thinking that she wanted him to admit what the heck did they need a security guy when they had George?

Yeah, especially one who determined at one point that a concealed weapon on the premises (regardless of the legality) would make a good contribution to all the security measures necessary for the inherent danger the presence of their daughter brought...

Tony Padilla
08-21-2009, 10:04 PM
Kinda like the A's are using Caylee's name? Don't like LP for these reasons, but you truly love the A's and chit chat. Throw me a bone Tony as I really want to understand.

I don't know what to say. They were very nice to me Tracy and Rob. George is a very outgoing and personable person.

angeleleven
08-21-2009, 10:05 PM
How can you call KC respectful?

Brini
Fair enough but I think highly of them.

I think some of us are going to have to disagree with you there, Tony.

I looks to us that CA and GA are doing everything that they can to try to get KC off.

If they succeeded (which they won't) she could get out, get knocked up, again, and kill another child.

Some of us feel that the As are trying to obstruct justice for Caylee.

Woe.be.gone
After having been through this and seeing what the media reports I would only believe the news and not these trashy news magazine shows. Plus I really believe that some of these networks are paying people a lot of money. I would believe Greta, Geraldo and NBC's stuff.

Speaking of Geraldo, does he have anything to do with Defense support?

jandkmom
08-21-2009, 10:06 PM
I don't know what to say. They were very nice to me Tracy and Rob. George is a very outgoing and personable person.

They were nice to Caylee too and we see where that got Caylee. JMHO

Just Jayla
08-21-2009, 10:07 PM
Please someone help me here if I am wrong-Today, WESH reported that JB is going to point to the Dom. Casey video to disprove the fact that water was in the area in November.
From what I remember, TES did not want to search the area in the summer of 2008 because of the water. My understanding is that in November, TES was prepared to go back there, but CA would not work with them.

Am I incorrect? If I am correct, than JB's bug ah-hah! is a big dud, KWIM?

Brini

The bail money.

RR0004
I am talking to Tracy on the phone. She has not been called and is not expecting anything. I know that I will not be questioned.
Then I have no idea what they expect to ultimately get from your Uncle. Maybe he won't be called afterall.

whiteangora

Please forgive me for what I'm about to say.
Why on earth would she not be nice to you? You literally sprung her lying hiney out of jail. The whole A family is a pack of lying hypocrites, nice to your face, but watch the back! They have no morals, no manners, they are apathetic, and underhanded.:furious:

Tony Padilla
08-21-2009, 10:08 PM
Tony, thank you for so generously answering our questions and offering your opinions and knowledge of the circumstances. As to your uncle, regardless of his motives (and there are plenty of people who were seduced by this high profile case for much less transparent motives) - there are many of us who enjoyed the fact that he functioned as a public thorn in JB's side. LE and the SA's have had to keep quiet and take all kinds of abuse and accusations from the defense, not to mention unprofessional behavior and unnecessary delay tactics that have cost the taxpayers of FL jillions, I'm sure in a terrible economy. He may be a publicity hound, but he is at least honest about that and his presence was a nice counterweight to all of the syrupy interviews JB and LKB did for other media outlets. We know he is not an angel, but he managed, with a kind of Archie Bunker-esque quality to voice the questions and articulate the doubts that many of us had regarding how KC and her family comported themselves in public regarding the facts of this case.

I admire you for finding good qualities in them; surely what they have been through is more than difficult. But you may be one of the very few who helped them that they did not turn on eventually (I am thinking in particular of TM), and many of us were shocked by how quickly those who generously gave of their time and resources to help were scolded or turned away in order for them to perpetuate the myth that their granddaughter was alive. I think what bothers many of us the most is the number of collateral casualties involved; mere acquaintances of KC's whose lives are forever changed and have suffered and paid in time and money for simply knowing her and are now in the line of fire of some insane SODDI defense strategy. The fact that her family was less interested in uncovering the truth (painful as it might be) and instead spreading the blame to any possible scapegoat is what truly made it impossible for many of us to feel the empathy we would have liked for the loss of their granddaughter. Caylee's death was a terrible tragedy; but the concentric circles of blame that have been created have made this an expensive farce to many people. Managing public perception, as you know, is key to the success of almost anything, whether someone is innocent or not.

At any rate, I hope you are able to clear the air about the "mistruths" JB tried to claim were fact today in court. That guy is getting on everyone's last nerve, but you have more reason than most to be irritated. Good luck tomorrow and you will have our full and energetic support.

Thanks very much for your support! Your comments were very well put and I agree with you!

The Eunice Burns
08-21-2009, 10:09 PM

Thanks, kk. I am very confused as well. The two things do not jive w/ each other---bear w/ me, I'm trying to get this straight.....

*LP is a media whore who had good intentions at the beginning, but went down the wrong path b/c of his insatiable need to be on TV. Now he is using Caylee's name or something along that line to benefit himself.*

VS.

*The As are truly "great" people who are truly loved. Yes, GA did lie on the stand today, but he still has a good heart*

So, it's OK for the As to profit and soak up media attention b/c this is about their daughter, but it's not OK for LP to insert himself into this case?

Color me totally, utterly confused. Those two rationales totally conflict.

Brini
08-21-2009, 10:09 PM
About a week after she was out and some evidence was coming back.

Well, Leonard said he was, "Old fashioned." That he didn't want to believe it.

travelgal
08-21-2009, 10:11 PM
I'v been willing to except TP's words but after the last comment of "truely love" does not sound professional comming from someone in your business. To state your feeling so longingly and wanting those of us who have been on this case the duration to look at this couple as deserving empathy after not following the laws of the land, is just asking to much! Weren't you appalled by their actions regardless of your deep affection. Something is fishy about this subject. I'm a freaking copy of Mother Teresa and I'm not able to forget how the A's continuously put Caylee on the back burner. Come on Tony this is the same couple having dinner at a fine hotel, laughing it up with MB and ABC rep. the night Caylee's remains were found. Help me out here????

KageyKaren,
The A's are a family with sociopathic behaviors (I am not an expert, just sayin') so Tony probably felt they were very nice people! :crazy: Most on WS have learned differently from studying them in action. JMO

coco puff
Please forgive me for what I'm about to say.
Why on earth would she not be nice to you? You literally sprung her lying hiney out of jail. The whole A family is a pack of lying hypocrites, nice to your face, but watch the back! They have no morals, no manners, they are apathetic, and underhanded.:furious:

yeah, KC nice to a good looking guy. go figure

Tony Padilla
Speaking of Geraldo, does he have anything to do with Defense support?

Maybe only money wise.

RR0004
08-21-2009, 10:12 PM
You're kind...

Do you think, especially after seeing how easily it is for them to tell "mistruths" when sworn to tell the truth, that they (G and C) should be charged with anything?

Brini
08-21-2009, 10:14 PM
Yeppers, today is but one example during the hearing. ALyons must have previously told her to show some emotion, like give the media tears like ya did at JB's office the day you were indicted.

I do believe ALyons orchestrated KC's removal from the courtroom and some of the emotions that I saw from KC were acceptance and her coming to grips with her fate; ALyons wasn't hired to get her released from jail but to keep her out of the chamber at the jail.

Won't comment of the appearance of ALyons today. But let's just say I wasn't impressed with her tactics and backhanded comments anymore than I was with the camera shots of her. As politely as I can put it folks.

Tony, good luck with JB and crew. After hearing LDB and reading your posts tonight, I don't believe you have much to worry about at all.

And, Tony, if you want to talk, gossip, o just bounce things off people.. we're always here!

In fact, a number of us think we are here TOO much. :eek:

DotsEyes
The records are in Nejame's office. I don't see the big deal why the records can't be copied at his office and given to JB. TM has seen them, MN has seen them, Conway has seen them so guess what - JB gets to see them too. I fear reversible error if the Judge allows Nejame and Conway to decide which documents they must produce.

JB no doubt requested every piece of paper invovled in the search for Caylee. He is entitled to see what was and was not found during that time. If he wants to send a set of Interrogatories to every searcher, he must be allowed to do so.

It's ridiculous to think that the prosecution OR a material witness such as TM should be allowed to determine what is or is not important or exculpatory. Just how bothered would you be to get a set of questions if you had been a searcher? I wouldn't be bothered in the least.

"I wasn't in the area. I didn't search there. I have never been in that area."

Stick on a 44 cent stamp and be done with it. It will cost JB $3K in materials and stamps just to send these out and he'll have to hire a secretary just to type the names and addresses and keep up with who has and has not answered in time. But, he is right. He is duty bound to do this. 4,000 people searched for Caylee and he is entitled to feret out who searched in that area, not to rely on someone else's word - especially from 2 lawyers who don't represent the State or the defendant.

As for the argument that no one could have seen anything in the underbrush even if they were a foot away, so limiting the circle of searchers to those within 200 yards of the dump site is reasonable, runs afoul of Kronk's sighting of a bag/skull/whatever from the street on August 10 - quite a few feet away. Nejame stepped on himself there. (chuckle. faux pas. ) Was KC in jail then?

Balthazar

I think that the Anthony's having to live out this very personal tragedy in front of the world has left some people thinking the sound bites and short videos we see of them are EVERYTHING they are about. However, clever editing can, and is regularily done by the media to make people appear to be one-dimensional when in fact that is not who they truly are. I think the Anthony's have suffered from this extensively. They have been cast in the role of "bad parents" and "liars" by the media that is ONLY out to get ratings and make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ off the back of Caylee. It's pretty tragic, IMO. No wonder the Anthony's are frustrated and lashing out - which of course, the media uses to their advantage to make them look even worse. Yes, the Anthony's have some bad traits and surprise, surprise, they are MORE pronounced when they are under stress and can make them look very bad. The same can be said for MOST people. But I don't believe for a second that the way the media has portrayed them is the entirety of who they are.

RR0004
08-21-2009, 10:15 PM
Maybe only money wise.
Nothing like "fair and unbiased" news.

RR0004
08-21-2009, 10:16 PM
And, Tony, if you want to talk, gossip, o just bounce things off people.. we're always here!

Yeah, Tony has become one of CA's hated "bloggers".

ExpectingUnicorns
08-21-2009, 10:16 PM
Please be careful, Tony. That lawyer who is putting out bad stuff about you; guess who he "represents?" That nice, respectful girl is his "boss."

Brini
08-21-2009, 10:18 PM
You have to read both quotes Brini. My reply makes sense then. She said GA was the only one who ever held KC accountable for her actions - like in discipline. Do you agree with that?

That could be.

It looks like CA did a lot of bad-mouthing, and no real disciplining. She headed up the cover-ups.

I also think CA slipped KC money, and didn't tell GA.

But, now GA is also covering up. (sigh)

RR0004
08-21-2009, 10:18 PM
I think that the Anthony's having to live out this very personal tragedy in front of the world has left some people thinking the sound bites and short videos we see of them are EVERYTHING they are about. However, clever editing can, and is regularily done by the media to make people appear to be one-dimensional when in fact that is not who they truly are. I think the Anthony's have suffered from this extensively. They have been cast in the role of "bad parents" and "liars" by the media that is ONLY out to get ratings and make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ off the back of Caylee. It's pretty tragic, IMO. No wonder the Anthony's are frustrated and lashing out - which of course, the media uses to their advantage to make them look even worse. Yes, the Anthony's have some bad traits and surprise, surprise, they are MORE pronounced when they are under stress and can make them look very bad. The same can be said for MOST people. But I don't believe for a second that the way the media has portrayed them is the entirety of who they are.
Oh, PR...you are also very kind...and I'm sure there is a lot we don't know...but let's not forget the "live" interviews.

Brini
08-21-2009, 10:20 PM

One of CA'a? "No life, no job, no family."

Tony, is that you? That's what CA says about US. :rolleyes:

Tony Padilla
Okay. I sense everybody's frustration with me calling out Leonard for his behaviors and yet I think the Anthony's are great. I in no way agree with how or why or anything they have done since Caylee went missing. Maybe they are bad people or back stabbers or the devil in disguise. I am probably way too naive. I give people the benefit of the doubt always. I gave Jose the same benefit. So be it. I am just saying that they have been very nice to talk to and to be around. I have seen them cry like I have never seen anybody cry. I have seen them in a situation that I would never wish on anybody. I have a christian attitude I guess in saying that I personably care for them. I can't tell them how to think or what to say or how to act. Those are their choices. I cannot control any of that. Same goes for Casey. I know that of course she was respectful to me because I did something extravagant for her. It would be hard to pass judgment because our interaction was "grandeured" by me bailing her "hiney" out of jail. I will grant you that. Plus I am no expert at Psychology. Everybody has a good quality at times and maybe I was just around at the right times.

Tony Padilla
You're kind...

Do you think, especially after seeing how easily it is for them to tell "mistruths" when sworn to tell the truth, that they (G and C) should be charged with anything?

I am sure that's up to the DA's office.

cecybeans
08-21-2009, 10:21 PM
Please someone help me here if I am wrong-Today, WESH reported that JB is going to point to the Dom. Casey video to disprove the fact that water was in the area in November.
From what I remember, TES did not want to search the area in the summer of 2008 because of the water. My understanding is that in November, TES was prepared to go back there, but CA would not work with them.

Am I incorrect? If I am correct, than JB's bug ah-hah! is a big dud, KWIM?

I remember that too, and thinking that was a patently ridiculous argument, in that not that much footage was actually recorded. It doesn't really matter if some parts of the "grid" were dry and some were flooded; if the entire area was not dry, then it could be difficult to get to the feasible search areas without crossing through marshier territory, and that, I think is perhaps why TM may have decided that the area off Suburban was not ready. You can't really search a "checkerboard" grid with several teams of people without potentially compromising other areas and he was apparently unwilling to do that.

What I think is hilarious is that - since TM closed down the search in that immediate area on Nov. 7 - 9 (actually after November 16, when Hoovers little home movie was shot), however did some mysterious person manage to plant the remains within the several weeks in such a way that plants were growing through the skeletelized remains and the plastic bags were in shreds, tiny bones were scattered and buried across almost half an acre, etc. etc. November, even in FL, is still fall and plant growth slows considerably.

And even if the defense somehow provides "reasonable" doubt that the body was put there while KC was in jail somehow, it would NOT prove she is innocent of the murder - at best, only that she had help from someone she knew very well that would take that risk as an accessory.

Brini
08-21-2009, 10:21 PM
Nothing like "fair and unbiased" news.

yeah! Love the stuff!

Know where we can find any? ;-)

Balthazar
08-21-2009, 10:22 PM
I just want to say that Tony has the right to his own opinion about the Anthony's who he has personally met, whereas most, if not all, of us have NEVER met them.

Tony Padilla
08-21-2009, 10:23 PM
One of CA'a? "No life, no job, no family."

Tony, is that you? That's what CA says about US. :rolleyes:

I respect everybody here. I would not be here if I didn't.

whiteangora
08-21-2009, 10:23 PM
Oh, PR...you are also very kind...and I'm sure there is a lot we don't know...but let's not forget the "live" interviews.

And let's not forget the Depositions with M&M. There was no camera trickery there, it was all live and unedited.
Despicable people with disgusting behavior.

Brini
08-21-2009, 10:24 PM
KageyKaren,
The A's are a family with sociopathic behaviors (I am not an expert, just sayin') so Tony probably felt they were very nice people! :crazy: Most on WS have learned differently from studying them in action. JMO

Yeah, but you know-- I guess Tony can only go by his own experience with them.

Tony Padilla
08-21-2009, 10:24 PM

What does that mean?

Balthazar
08-21-2009, 10:25 PM
Cindy doesn't like people who blog on Websleuths, apparently.

Patty G
08-21-2009, 10:26 PM
Okay. I sense everybody's frustration with me calling out Leonard for his behaviors and yet I think the Anthony's are great. I in no way agree with how or why or anything they have done since Caylee went missing. Maybe they are bad people or back stabbers or the devil in disguise. I am probably way too naive. I give people the benefit of the doubt always. I gave Jose the same benefit. So be it. I am just saying that they have been very nice to talk to and to be around. I have seen them cry like I have never seen anybody cry. I have seen them in a situation that I would never wish on anybody. I have a christian attitude I guess in saying that I personably care for them. I can't tell them how to think or what to say or how to act. Those are their choices. I cannot control any of that. Same goes for Casey. I know that of course she was respectful to me because I did something extravagant for her. It would be hard to pass judgment because our interaction was "grandeured" by me bailing her "hiney" out of jail. I will grant you that. Plus I am no expert at Psychology. Everybody has a good quality at times and maybe I was just around at the right times.

How about listing Leonard's good qualities ...please.

RR0004
08-21-2009, 10:26 PM
The records are in Nejame's office. I don't see the big deal why the records can't be copied at his office and given to JB. TM has seen them, MN has seen them, Conway has seen them so guess what - JB gets to see them too. I fear reversible error if the Judge allows Nejame and Conway to decide which documents they must produce.

JB no doubt requested every piece of paper invovled in the search for Caylee. He is entitled to see what was and was not found during that time. If he wants to send a set of Interrogatories to every searcher, he must be allowed to do so.

It's ridiculous to think that the prosecution OR a material witness such as TM should be allowed to determine what is or is not important or exculpatory. Just how bothered would you be to get a set of questions if you had been a searcher? I wouldn't be bothered in the least.

Stick on a 44 cent stamp and be done with it. It will cost JB $3K in materials and stamps just to send these out and he'll have to hire a secretary just to type the names and addresses and keep up with who has and has not answered in time. But, he is right. He is duty bound to do this. 4,000 people searched for Caylee and he is entitled to feret out who searched in that area, not to rely on someone else's word - especially from 2 lawyers who don't represent the State or the defendant.

As for the argument that no one could have seen anything in the underbrush even if they were a foot away, so limiting the circle of searchers to those within 200 yards of the dump site is reasonable, runs afoul of Kronk's sighting of a bag/skull/whatever from the street on August 10 - quite a few feet away. Nejame stepped on himself there. (chuckle. faux pas. ) Was KC in jail then?
JB can request whatever he wants, but MN has a right to protect TM and those that act as volunteers for his organization. That's his job. He wants to narrow the scope...the judge will decide. I got the feeling that MN was just a bit bit leary of how "respectful" JB can be.

Brini
08-21-2009, 10:27 PM
I respect everybody here. I would not be here if I didn't.

Well, right back atcha, honey.

That's why you are getting the really frank talk. :blowkiss:

We are very much in support of you-- and Leonard.

And, we know Leonard got a bit "dazzled" for awhile.

And we know his intentions were the best.

cecybeans
08-21-2009, 10:28 PM
What does that mean?

When CA appeared on LKL show, he showed her a ream of paper on which he had printed all of the comments people had posted on their blog site - about 90% of which were negative. She made a snarky comment that bloggers were people with no jobs and no lives (and no children, IIRC) that had nothing better to do than criticize her family, or something of that ilk. Which seems strange in that she apparently is so familiar and pays close attention to what they say...

Brini
08-21-2009, 10:28 PM
JB can request whatever he wants, but MN has a right to protect TM and those that act as volunteers for his organization. That's his job. He wants to narrow the scope...the judge will decide. I got the feeling that MN was just a bit bit leary of how "respectful" JB can be.

Uh-huh. My fave speech was Mme. Esquire's "trust us" speech.

Tony Padilla
08-21-2009, 10:29 PM
Okay I'm off to dinner with my family. I will check back tomorrow evening. A full slate of soccer for my daughter tomorrow. It's going to be tough getting everything out tomorrow in the short period of time the Today Show allows but I will try. It should be live between 7:30 and 8 east coast time. Thanks you to everybody!!! You are all very helpful and kind! I also respect the thoughts and prayers for Caylee that you all share! Until tomorrow good night!

Balthazar
08-21-2009, 10:29 PM
Okay I'm off to dinner with my family. I will check back tomorrow evening. A full slate of soccer for my daughter tomorrow. It's going to be tough getting everything out tomorrow in the short period of time the Today Show allows but I will try. It should be live between 7:30 and 8 east coast time. Thanks you to everybody!!! You are all very helpful and kind! I also respect the thoughts and prayers for Caylee that you all share! Until tomorrow good night!

Thank you for coming by.

cecybeans
08-21-2009, 10:31 PM
Thanks for stopping by!

Brini
08-21-2009, 10:31 PM
How about listing Leonard's good qualities ...please.

Decent guy, loving grandpa. And, he DID intend and expect to find and rescue Caylee. He walked into that situation believing the best about everyone involved.

I think that says something good about a person.

Patty G
08-21-2009, 10:32 PM

Thanks Tony!

Patty G
08-21-2009, 10:33 PM
Decent guy, loving grandpa. And, he DID intend and expect to find and rescue Caylee. He walked into that situation believing the best about everyone involved.

I think that says something good about a person.

I was hoping for Tony to answer that question! :)

Brini
08-21-2009, 10:33 PM

Seeya, honey! Enjoy your evening! Thanks for stopping by.

We'll be wishing you and yours well, during the upcoming circus.

Remember, we're here!

Manana,

Brini
08-21-2009, 10:34 PM

OPPS! Sorry.

Sounds like he's a tad frustrated.

How could one not be?

RR0004
08-21-2009, 10:34 PM
What does that mean?
She has been very vocal about "us people".

The Eunice Burns
08-21-2009, 10:35 PM
I just want to say that Tony has the right to his own opinion about the Anthony's who he has personally met, whereas most, if not all, of us have NEVER met them.

BBM. I'll speak for myself---Thankfully, I won't ever have to.

Jolynna
08-21-2009, 10:36 PM
I am so glad you stopped by. I am looking forward to hearing from you tomorrow night.

Thanks for sharing!

RR0004
08-21-2009, 10:36 PM
Uh-huh. My fave speech was Mme. Esquire's "trust us" speech.
Funny how she had to step in and assure the court! LOL

OneLostGrl
08-21-2009, 10:37 PM

You assume the media has formed our opinions and you are dead wrong.
Much of my opinion of this family is based on information provided by Lee, Cindy's own mother, brother, co-workers, and George himself. The behaviors I base my opinions on began long before Caylee went "missing".

Hey whatever gets you through, but at least know what we base our opinions on before you blame the media for our opinions!

Brini
08-21-2009, 10:39 PM
Thanks very much for your support! Your comments were very well put and I agree with you!

The Beans Rocks!

RR0004
08-21-2009, 10:41 PM
So I guess I have to wake up early again tomorrow...oh, I can dvr it!

kageykaren
Thank you for coming by.

Ditto! Stimulating conversation! I need to dance and shake off the passion. Has anyone ever felt crazy confused after a chat?

whiteangora
Much of my opinion of this family is based on information provided by Lee, Cindy's own mother, brother, co-workers, and George himself. The behaviors I base my opinions on began long before Caylee went "missing".

Hey whatever gets you through, but at least know what we base our opinions on before you blame the media for our opinions!

Thank you OLG for saying what I wanted to say and you put it perfectly.:blowkiss:

christee
08-21-2009, 10:42 PM
Weeeeeeeeee. That was fun.

Anyone else have a problem with part 4 and 5 of today's trial? Did we ever figure out who Casey was flipping off?
Whaaaat?? I'm still catching up. Did she really flip someone off? I have to see this-is there video?

Brini
08-21-2009, 10:43 PM

To be fair (and, I'm NOT known for it;-) this sort of situation DOEs tend to bring out the worst in everyone.

countzero
08-21-2009, 10:46 PM

And ya had to quote my post. :crazy: I can take a hint ...... :blowkiss:

OneLostGrl
08-21-2009, 10:46 PM

It's nice that someone did :)

joyceandjay
08-21-2009, 10:47 PM

Could not agree with you more! If you really want to know someone speak with their family.

OneLostGrl
08-21-2009, 10:48 PM
Whaaaat?? I'm still catching up. Did she really flip someone off? I have to see this-is there video?

No she didn't. She was wiping her eye with a tissue and a person or two said it looked like she was flipping her dad the "Lee". No flipping anyone off that I saw.

OneLostGrl
08-21-2009, 10:50 PM
And ya had to quote my post. :crazy: I can take a hint ...... :blowkiss:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h13/OneLostGrl/funny/Jerrylaugh.gif

Lexington
08-21-2009, 10:52 PM
I'm left thoroughly confused by TP. All of his nicest sentiments went to GA, CA and KC and he was so very critical of LP. Very strange IMO.

ExpectingUnicorns
08-21-2009, 10:55 PM

Well, then he should also have his staff scour all the local newspapers and note the names of any and all of the Orlando population who also volunteered on their own and track them down, too. Gosh, maybe there were people who searched and it was never reported anywhere. Maybe he should send out "Interrogatories" to everyone who lives within an hour's drive of Orlando to make sure they didn't search on Suburban and find nothing.

And it is not the prosecution or TM (who is not at the moment a material witness) who will be determining this issue. It is Judge Strickland.

I am not bothered in the least to answer any questions. It's nothing compared to the huge effort already expended by those 4,000 other searchers. I even have the 44 cents for the stamp. What bothers me is that something meant for good is coming under a cloud of suspicion where there is a distinct possibility that it will have an effect on future volunteers. Not to mention the privacy issue. AL said everyone's' privacy would be protected but she is giving herself grandiose powers ~ That is not within her power to control.

There must be a line drawn somewhere. I agree with the reasonableness of MN's and TM's proposal. Casey's life is at stake here now but if we discourage future volunteer activities there could be several lives lost in the future! MOO

countzero
08-21-2009, 10:57 PM
I'm left thoroughly confused by TP. All of his nicest sentiments went to GA, CA and KC and he was so very critical of LP. Very strange IMO.

He is like many here. So many, not me, were supporters of GA and CA and now after we were handed so many family opinions as well as their behaviors, CA and GA are viewed in a much more negative light.

Tony, having Leonard for a relative, has also seen the change in him.

Difference is Tony still loves Leonard regardless of his behaviors. Me, I didn't and still don't like the A clan.

Brini
08-21-2009, 10:59 PM

That is tough! And, very frustrating! I'm sorry.

It happened to Judge Ito, during the OJ trial, too.

Intermezzo
08-21-2009, 11:01 PM

Thank you for stopping by...:seeya:

Brini
08-21-2009, 11:03 PM

It's not OK, Tony. Agreed.

Actually, some of us have expressed a wish to stuff a sock in your uncle, on occasion.

OneLostGrl
08-21-2009, 11:04 PM

Though him "defending" the Anthony's is new, his stance on LP hasn't really changed much since he posted the last time. He always said LP was a media whore, and that LP has no facts in this case.

RR0004
08-21-2009, 11:04 PM
Has Baez produced a confidentiality agreement with Mr Padilla? If not how does he have anything to say about what he says to anyone. And to add, why did Baez not say anything earlier when Mr. Padilla was on NG or any other media show letting us know things. I would think if there was some signed agreement there that Baez would already have him in court for breech of contract.
Oh boy, wasn't JB's panties in a bunch when he was asked why he didn't stop LP sooner? "I've been busy"...I could tell he was p.o. for being called out on something VERY obvious.

The Eunice Burns
08-21-2009, 11:05 PM

You are not the only one.

I am very, very confused. I don't understand what just happened here. I kept waiting for some big reveal. Wondered...."what the heck?" and then remembered and was reminded by others that TP had been verified as legit. So much benefit of the doubt was/is being given to the As. To be so compassionate towards them, and pretty disdainful to LP--something doesn't sit right about it with me, and I wonder about what is going on. I tend to see things more starkly--either the As are good people who would and did help LE by being truthful and cooperative or they are not good people and they have lied, covered up and obstructed LE. Well, we have all seen the fruits of their personalties, which as was pointed out, does not just arise from some media presentation of them. They didn't need any crafty media editing as was suggested a short time ago, to put them in an unfavorable light. They did all this to themselves, as far as incurring all the negative opinions the public has of them. How can they be such salt of the earth people (not quoting TP, just generalizing and compiling the descriptions he gave of them) and have behaved and acted the way they have? And LP was portrayed in a much more negative way, and regardless of the different opinons of him, it still does not equate.

???????????????????????

RR0004
08-21-2009, 11:06 PM
Wasn't he just there for about 10 days?

christee
08-21-2009, 11:14 PM
I'm still catching up and noticed there was a question abt the houses behind the A's.
If there's already been a map posted, well, just smack me! :slap:
(I hope this link works and that it's the right house!)

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?v=2&FORM=LMLTCP&cp=28.484353~-81.260518&style=h&lvl=18&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1

Lexington
08-21-2009, 11:19 PM
Wasn't he just there for about 10 days?

As far as I know, TP wasn't there for the amount of time that LP and crew were there. I always thought he came into town, did his bond deal, visited the A home maybe once or twice and went home.

RR0004
08-21-2009, 11:22 PM
We should have told him to use a "code word" on tv tomorrow.

Reagan
08-21-2009, 11:23 PM
No she didn't. She was wiping her eye with a tissue and a person or two said it looked like she was flipping her dad the "Lee". No flipping anyone off that I saw.

rofl (bbm) I wish I could use that phrase outside of WS, but nobody would know what I was talking about. :(

Lexington
08-21-2009, 11:24 PM
Though him "defending" the Anthony's is new, his stance on LP hasn't really changed much since he posted the last time. He always said LP was a media whore, and that LP has no facts in this case.

I guess I missed his earlier posts. I didn't realize that he had posted critically of LP in the past.

OneLostGrl
08-21-2009, 11:34 PM
rofl (bbm) I wish I could use that phrase outside of WS, but nobody would know what I was talking about. :(

LOL Yeah I laughed too when I read it in post from another member here who used George's term to describe what they felt they saw today.

Brini
08-21-2009, 11:36 PM
So I guess I have to wake up early again tomorrow...oh, I can dvr it!

There ARE advantages to living in California. ;-)

Brini
08-21-2009, 11:41 PM

LP is family. It's easy to see where your fam is screwing up, because you are right up close.

The As were on "company behavior." Not acting out, too much, in front of "company."

I can understand it. TP is seeing the situation from a different perspective.

RR0004
08-21-2009, 11:44 PM

Mel
I was thinking about that the other day...I don't know.

Brini
08-21-2009, 11:44 PM
Well, then he should also have his staff scour all the local newspapers and note the names of any and all of the Orlando population who also volunteered on their own and track them down, too. Gosh, maybe there were people who searched and it was never reported anywhere. Maybe he should send out "Interrogatories" to everyone who lives within an hour's drive of Orlando to make sure they didn't search on Suburban and find nothing.

And it is not the prosecution or TM (who is not at the moment a material witness) who will be determining this issue. It is Judge Strickland.

I am not bothered in the least to answer any questions. It's nothing compared to the huge effort already expended by those 4,000 other searchers. I even have the 44 cents for the stamp. What bothers me is that something meant for good is coming under a cloud of suspicion where there is a distinct possibility that it will have an effect on future volunteers. Not to mention the privacy issue. AL said everyone's' privacy would be protected but she is giving herself grandiose powers ~ That is not within her power to control.

There must be a line drawn somewhere. I agree with the reasonableness of MN's and TM's proposal. Casey's life is at stake here now but if we discourage future volunteer activities there could be several lives lost in the future! MOO

Wish I was a volunteer. I'd LOOOOVE to be deposed by JB!

AND, if he chose to publish anything about my private life... he'd better be dead right! For his OWN sake.

But, it won't happen. I doubt that even JB will think that it's reasonable that I came from California, and committed the crime.

SHUCKS!

RR0004
08-21-2009, 11:47 PM
Ok...wait...Geraldo...the same guy who may have given the defense money? I assume it was for "exclusive' interviews...but I wouldn't believe one word this guy says.

SeriouslySearching
08-21-2009, 11:48 PM
Originally Posted by Tony Padilla View Post
Okay I'm off to dinner with my family. I will check back tomorrow evening. A full slate of soccer for my daughter tomorrow. It's going to be tough getting everything out tomorrow in the short period of time the Today Show allows but I will try. It should be live between 7:30 and 8 east coast time. Thanks you to everybody!!! You are all very helpful and kind! I also respect the thoughts and prayers for Caylee that you all share! Until tomorrow good night!Sorry I missed you, Tony! Great to see you here. Hopefully, I will catch you tomorrow when you drop by to visit. :)

magic-cat
08-21-2009, 11:50 PM
Yesterday GA was crashing press conferences because he wanted to know the truth. Today he's trying to obstruct the truth. Which is it I wonder???
He wants to know the truth so he can stay as far away from it as possible?:waitasec:

I think you're right.
What was the re-baptism about then? I'd like to think I'd be making a fresh start with God by doing that. Making ammends for past lies etc.
Wouldn't that have been nice...:rolleyes:

Let me clarify something - the Newscaster said while looking at the tape of Casey getting ready to leave the courtroom, "Why doesn't she go for the hug." Casey was clearly snubbing her parents and he was commenting on that in his own way. Nobody actually tried to hug one another but CA looked as if she would like some recognition but didn't get it at all from KC.
Those in custody are not allowed to hug anyone. It is strictly forbidden. No contact is allowed.:behindbar

I'm finally getting the feed on WFTV and it has not stopped yet. Thanks for everything though. I really miss being here talking to everybody. It was very overwhelming before when the server would crash every time we came on.
Those days are long gone thank the Lord!

I know a number of you might be upset by this, but the Anthony's (George and Cindy) are great people. I truly love and care for both of them. They might be abrasive at times but they are very nice people. We still talk on occassion. Please look at them with a different point of view. They lost their granddaughter and as twisted as Casey might be they are about to lose their daughter. That's very difficult!!Not upset in the least but of a certainty not in agreememt that they are great people...:crazy:

So why no mention at all of this by the prosecution today in regards to the motion involving Leonard? If the prosecution is "very aware" that any written agreement held by Jose is "phony", of what benefit is it to the prosecution to keep this information under their shirt and away from Judge Strickland?

This makes no sense to me at all :confused::confused::confused:

Is there a copy of the agreement between Leonard and Jose posted online anywhere?
This was mentioned and was the basis for asking for the original document to be produced.

Who is the McLaughlin person that GA talks about..He worked with them in LE? TIACampbell

OMG! :eek: I am so sorry to hear this. No wonder there was nothing said by the SA about the lies being told today.They did say something about it. They emphatically stated that the document filed by the defense was NOT the document signed by Tony Padilla and that he did not retain a copy. They did say that today.:)

Jose is arguing that we are working for him and are extensions of his defense. He is now required to produce the originals to the court. The original documents completely separate not only me from JOse but me from Leonard Tracy and Rob as well. Not because I don't like them but because they are not employees of mine.Well I wonder how he is going to handle that one? He did state he could produce the document, and he used the singular sense as if their were only one document.:confused:

I think Tracy's information is interesting. Why do you think Baez is so interested in shutting her up?
That is exactly what I thought. This was ALL just to shut her up from not only telling what she heard, but also what she observed...:eek:

Was the name Campbell?

I agree wholeheartedly that the Anthony's have been VERY liberal with the truth. I guess that maybe I have a soft spot in my heart for them. They have been VERY nice to me and have never lied to me. Sometimes reality is not something you want to look at when the ship is sinking. I don't exonerate them at all from what they have said. It's jsut very unfortunate that a young girl is dead no matter how it happened. BUt that doesn't give anybody an excuse to do what is wrong.Folks tend to be nice to someone who has provided them with half a million dollars bond for their daughter...the two go hand in hand...how they treat the average Joe Bloe says more about their essence...don't you think?:blowkiss:

I think that is great that you want to stand by truth. Have you filed a complaint with the Florida Bar? Because--- if Baez has done what you just stated, he should be disbarred immediately! Do no pass GO, do not collect $200...DISBARRED!! Am I correct AZ Lawyer???It would not do a lot of good to file a complaint without the document to back it up...no proof...:mad:

Thanks, Tony. That is what I thought.
Just because they are not in possession of information that will assure that Casey is convicted does not mean that they are not in possession of some extremely valuable insight into Casey and the whole family dynamic...:bang:

Lexington
08-21-2009, 11:54 PM
LP is family. It's easy to see where your fam is screwing up, because you are right up close.

The As were on "company behavior." Not acting out, too much, in front of "company."

I agree with everything you say. What I am having trouble with is TP going on a message board and being very critical of a close family member. I am not an LP fan and I agree with everything TP says about him, but I find it odd that he would so openly call him out.

Brini
08-22-2009, 12:03 AM
I agree with everything you say. What I am having trouble with is TP going on a message board and being very critical of a close family member. I am not an LP fan and I agree with everything TP says about him, but I find it odd that he would so openly call him out.

Well, I can't explain that, because I've ripped into my family too, on these threads.

I didn't post anything I haven't said to their faces.

Neither did Tony.

For some of us, it's a safe place to blow off steam.

RR0004
08-22-2009, 12:07 AM
So is that it for the "motions" hearings? I thought there were still a ton out there waiting to be heard...like the one being challenged by the Orlando Sentinel? The ZFG motions?

The Eunice Burns
08-22-2009, 12:08 AM

I agree, to a point. I get your point about the different behavior for family and "company", but, that's not it.......I'm not compelled. TP saw the situation from one perspective when the As may have been very nice to him in early days, but since then.......he has to have seen their ridiculous and atrocious behavior in other settings via interviews, etc. And yet, is still somewhat cozy (my word) with them and used glowing words about them. As my Dad would say......"It doesn't compute".

RR0004
08-22-2009, 12:10 AM
I agree, to a point. I get your point about the different behavior for family and "company", but, that's not it.......I'm not compelled. TP saw the situation from one perspective when the As may have been very nice to him in early days, but since then.......he has to have seen their ridiculous and atrocious behavior in other settings via interviews, etc. And yet, is still somewhat cozy (my word) with them and used glowing words about them. As my Dad would say......"It doesn't compute".
Personally I'd have a tough time reconciling the "nice guy" with the "liar guy".

Lexington
08-22-2009, 12:10 AM
So is that it for the "motions" hearings? I thought there were still a ton out there waiting to be heard...like the one being challenged by the Orlando Sentinel? The ZFG motions?

And AL hasn't even started to think about the motions she's going to produce.

The Eunice Burns
08-22-2009, 12:15 AM
Personally I'd have a tough time reconciling the "nice guy" with the "liar guy".

That's it! Precisely it. Those two can't co-exist. I know no one is perfect, but a person with a liar's personality is not a nice, great guy.

RR0004
08-22-2009, 12:15 AM
And AL hasn't even started to think about the motions she's going to produce.
What the heck was that about a change of venue for the check cashing trial? The way she went on and on and on...she didn't overly impress me today.

RR0004
08-22-2009, 12:16 AM
That's it! Precisely it. Those two can't co-exist. I know no one is perfect, but a person with a liar's personality is not a nice, great guy.
Especially when the lying was directly about matters pertaining to HIM.

ETA: so is their next convo going to go something like this:

TP: Hi, George! How ya doing?
GA: Hey, Tony! Ok...how's the family?
TP: Great...and yours? Oh, BTW, I saw you in court today. How come you pretended you didn't know why we were at your house?

Kreeblim
08-22-2009, 12:17 AM

To be honest it is probably also a little bit of reaction to the mood of the site itself. For instance, I love my kids equally, but if somebody is calling my youngest a disrespectful jerk (or something) I would defend that child and list his good qualities...I wouldn't naturally start listing the good qualities of my other kids. The overwhelming opinion here is that the A's are awful people, and since he thinks differently about that, his posts about them ran in a positive defensive direction. On the otherhand, people are generally positive about LP, and though he DID post about LP's positive intentions MANY times, he often only piped up about LPs downsides after someone asked him about LP or posted an "I love LP" post.

I didn't glean anything weird about it, because I saw it as a reaction to this site, and not anymore an idication that he would live and die for the Anthony's than me defending my child who is being attacked indicates I love that child more than the others. I mean, a great many of the posts in this thread are attacking the A's, asking him why he thinks what he does about the A's, telling him he's wrong about the A's, etc. He wouldn't even have elaborated on his feelings about the A's if people hadn't posted about it so prolificly.

RR0004
08-22-2009, 12:26 AM
To be honest it is probably also a little bit of reaction to the mood of the site itself. For instance, I love my kids equally, but if somebody is calling my youngest a disrespectful jerk (or something) I would defend that child and list his good qualities...I wouldn't naturally start listing the good qualities of my other kids. The overwhelming opinion here is that the A's are awful people, and since he thinks differently about that, his posts about them ran in a positive defensive direction. On the otherhand, people are generally positive about LP, and though he DID post about LP's positive intentions MANY times, he often only piped up about LPs downsides after someone asked him about LP or posted an "I love LP" post.

I didn't glean anything weird about it, because I saw it as a reaction to this site, and not anymore an idication that he would live and die for the Anthony's than me defending my child who is being attacked indicates I love that child more than the others. I mean, a great many of the posts in this thread are attacking the A's, asking him why he thinks what he does about the A's, telling him he's wrong about the A's, etc. He wouldn't even have elaborated on his feelings about the A's if people hadn't posted about it so prolificly.
I don't think there was anyone saying he was "wrong" in his feelings...they are, afterall, his feelings. I saw it as people, including myself, trying to make sense of it. In my world, I'd have a problem with a person, one who I truly care about, go before a court and tell mistruths that are either about me or concern me.

Lexington
08-22-2009, 12:30 AM
What the heck was that about a change of venue for the check cashing trial? The way she went on and on and on...she didn't overly impress me today.

I kinda sorta zoned out when she went on that spiel so I don't know what she was trying to accomplish. I just want the check cashing trial to start ASAP and hope JS rules that way.

tragco
08-22-2009, 12:40 AM
Just finished watching, and wanted to comment first. It will be interesting reading to see what everyone else thought about the hearing. What struck me most while watching is this:

I want so much for KC to pay for what she did. I have always been angry and aggravated at her attorneys; partially because I am on the prosecution's side.

What scares me is that when A.Lyon was arguing her motion today, I felt like she was so reasonable and pleasant. She put the case law the prosecution cited in layman's terms and explained why she felt it didn't apply to this situation. She appeared gracious and eager to help.

Also, as much as I want to praise the prosecution, that grey-haired guy who keeps nodding and smirking is bad for the case. He needs to be more professional. His facial acrobats give the appearance of someone who is out to get KC and can't keep an open mind. I hope someone reigns him in before trial.

It's SO important that a jury feels comfortable that the attorney wants a fair trial.

I can only hope that Baez keeps insisting on center stage the majority of the time.

RR0004
08-22-2009, 12:41 AM
I kinda sorta zoned out when she went on that spiel so I don't know what she was trying to accomplish. I just want the check cashing trial to start ASAP and hope JS rules that way.
...and it can be a nonjury trial...so what's the problem? It's not like she wasn't caught on videotape doing the shopping.

Lexington
08-22-2009, 12:50 AM
...and it can be a nonjury trial...so what's the problem? It's not like she wasn't caught on videotape doing the shopping.

I guess the defense just doesn't want to defend an already convicted felon in a murder case. There is no way that she won't be convicted on the check cashing charges, everything is on videotape, they have no defense whatsoever. Just like they have no defense in the murder case.

magic-cat
08-22-2009, 12:58 AM
If there is nothing new and incriminating in what LP might testify to, then why try to block it??:waitasec:It isn't him they are trying to block...it is Tracy.

The bond...

The last thing that Casey IS is a nice respectful girl. A.) You bonded her out on a half a mil...B.) You are a man and she loves her some man now! C) Casey is either a sociopath or she is in training to be one, and the MO of the socio is utter charm and respect...to some...but to others? Like poor Caylee? They get something else less charming and less respectful...

Sociopaths are very charming.
That is what I was going to say so ditto...:blowkiss:

That is what many of the people who lived next door to serial killers have said, they always seemed so nice, they always waved, they were always so friendly, etc...You have to look outside of the bubble that is the treatment you have received and view the broader picture...She wasn't always nice to Caylee. Watch Breakfast with Caylee on You Tube to get an idea of her torture tactics she used on that poor baby...

I am addressing only your last paragraph...The remains were found less than 20 feet from the side of the road. 200 yards is 600 feet...And it was December when Mr. Kronk was finally able to GET to the bag. He himself states it was underwater whenever he first began to report it...

I think that the Anthony's having to live out this very personal tragedy in front of the world has left some people thinking the sound bites and short videos we see of them are EVERYTHING they are about. However, clever editing can, and is regularily done by the media to make people appear to be one-dimensional when in fact that is not who they truly are. I think the Anthony's have suffered from this extensively. They have been cast in the role of "bad parents" and "liars" by the media that is ONLY out to get ratings and make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ off the back of Caylee. It's pretty tragic, IMO. No wonder the Anthony's are frustrated and lashing out - which of course, the media uses to their advantage to make them look even worse. Yes, the Anthony's have some bad traits and surprise, surprise, they are MORE pronounced when they are under stress and can make them look very bad. The same can be said for MOST people. But I don't believe for a second that the way the media has portrayed them is the entirety of who they are.All I have to look at to know who and what the A's are of is their "foundation" where everything is based on MISSING not MURDERED children, and where they tell us how wisely they will spend our donations. And I did not discern my opinion of them from news interviews. I watched dozens and dozens of hours of POLICE interviews and FBI interviews and depositions. These were straight out of the horses mouth so to speak and told me all I needed to know.

That could be.

It looks like CA did a lot of bad-mouthing, and no real disciplining. She headed up the cover-ups.

I also think CA slipped KC money, and didn't tell GA.

But, now GA is also covering up. (sigh)
I was just rewatching Cindys deposition with Morgan and Morgan and she emphatically states, "I gave Casey money all the time".

I just want to say that Tony has the right to his own opinion about the Anthony's who he has personally met, whereas most, if not all, of us have NEVER met them.I've met them...in my nightmares and in the comatose states in which I have found myself after struggling through their mounds of lies in the interviews with Law Enforcement...

Marina2
08-22-2009, 12:59 AM
The thing is, KC has a right to a jury trial and she will assert that right rather than be made to choose between a partial jury or a trial by bench. What seems to be a moot point isn't to the defense. To KC and her defense team, it's all about what her rights are so they will seek a change of venue to protect her right to a trial by jury.

magic-cat
08-22-2009, 01:06 AM
I don't think there was anyone saying he was "wrong" in his feelings...they are, afterall, his feelings. I saw it as people, including myself, trying to make sense of it. In my world, I'd have a problem with a person, one who I truly care about, go before a court and tell mistruths that are either about me or concern me.
Mistruths? I swear I had NEVER heard that word before Cindy invented it and now here we are adopting it...They tell bare faced LIES! Let's call an apple an apple and a lie a LIE.:blowkiss:

I agree with everything you say. What I am having trouble with is TP going on a message board and being very critical of a close family member. I am not an LP fan and I agree with everything TP says about him, but I find it odd that he would so openly call him out.I do not feel that he is "calling Leonard out, I just feel he is telling us like it is...he REALLY knows LP...It is ok to say a family member is something if they are...family should not be a shield from the truth...

magic-cat
08-22-2009, 01:11 AM
Ok...wait...Geraldo...the same guy who may have given the defense money? I assume it was for "exclusive' interviews...but I wouldn't believe one word this guy says.
Ditto. His reporting has been, uhm, skewed? to say the least.

Blaise
08-22-2009, 01:11 AM

I was reminded of Ann Rule saying Ted Bundy was such a gentleman to her. Of course, Ann Rule knew he had that nasty little habit of slaughtering young women . . .

Blaise

Marina2
08-22-2009, 01:21 AM
GA made silly little faces in an attempt to belittle LDB's questions of him. Evading answers to simple questions like "Did you meet with Padilla and team in a warehouse to discuss the terms of bonding KC out?" "No" "You didn't meet with Padilla prior to KC being bonded out?" "Not in a warehouse." GA says it with a smirk as if he just one up'd the state. He even pulled out the "I don't see the relevancy of that." when he didn't want to answer a particular question. If he's ever in a situation in the courtroom where an attorney wants to bring the worst out in him, it won't be hard to do. He's seething with anger towards the state.

Kreeblim
08-22-2009, 01:21 AM

It's great u came to give your opinion, but your opinion on the "A"s to most of us is wrong..

I see where you're coming from, but my point was just that it's not like the guy was gushing on and on about them from out of the blue...he was put in a defensive position.

Trying to understand others when coming from the outside is very difficult. I have had a falling out with a friend as a group, and then run into the person we had the falling out with, and then slowly gotten to know the person again. Maybe they changed, maybe I did, maybe we just moved past the issue...HOWEVER, it never fails that someone who has not been around this gradual interaction will be all "How can you POSSIBLY be friends with HER? Don't you remember XYZ?" Of course I do, but when it comes down to it, nobody is perfect, and each person's threshhold of what violates their trust enough to overwhelm the good they see in the other is different...and those of us on the outside can be mystified all we want. Would I be the same way in his position? Prolly not, but I still don't see anything fishy about how he feels...and I wasn't there for any of their interaction so I have no idea how he came to his position.

Kreeblim
08-22-2009, 01:28 AM
I was reminded of Ann Rule saying Ted Bundy was such a gentleman to her. Of course, Ann Rule knew he had that nasty little habit of slaughtering young women . . .

Blaise

Didn't his Judge also tell Bundy that he'd have loved to have him as a lawyer in his court if only he had chosen another path? You gotta be good to charm the judge at your own serial murder trial...especially as a guy with a straight guy judge. Scary.

Just Jayla
08-22-2009, 01:34 AM
I wrote this over at KW thread, but thought I would ask here as well-

Today at KC's hearing, defense pronounced (basically) that Caylee's body wasn't in the woods until after KC went to jail.....What can the info Keith W. provided bear on this? has the defense spoken to KW and are they going to try to use him to boost this theory?

See page 5647:

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/19342403/detail.html

mysteriew
08-22-2009, 01:34 AM
Hey all, I missed some of the conversation that took place here tonight. But I want to point something out that I think might be related to some of the conversations here.

If you are going to be going to court and testifying about negative behavior or conversations with someone, you don't want to be found beforehand going online saying things like "I think so and so is a XXX and a XXX and would do XXX.) If you are going to court and going to be testifying, it is very possible that a defense attorney is going to look online about what you may have said online. And if you have posted a lot of very negative things about the person you are testifying about, they may be able to show a bias against that person. And it could affect how your testimony is looked at. So asking someone's opinions about the person they might be testifying about is really not fair. This person has to be really careful what he is posting on an open blog.

Also, there are probably things that he has been asked not to discuss publicly until after the trial. Both the prosecution and the defense sometimes does this. Our person seems very conscientious and trying to do the right thing and may be feeling kinda put on the spot when pushed about some questions.

DotsEyes
08-22-2009, 01:41 AM
The prosecution is very aware of the phony documents.

Well, Baez was asked to produce the original and said he would produce it to the judge in camera. If he can't produce the original he can produce a True Copy. I can not entertain the idea that Baez fabricated evidence so easily disputed; don't you have an duplicate original or true copy of what you signed?

Lexington
08-22-2009, 01:42 AM
GA made silly little faces in an attempt to belittle LDB's questions of him. Evading answers to simple questions like "Did you meet with Padilla and team in a warehouse to discuss the terms of bonding KC out?" "No" "You didn't meet with Padilla prior to KC being bonded out?" "Not in a warehouse." GA says it with a smirk as if he just one up'd the state. He even pulled out the "I don't see the relevancy of that." when he didn't want to answer a particular question. If he's ever in a situation in the courtroom where an attorney wants to bring the worst out in him, it won't be hard to do. He's seething with anger towards the state.

I agree with you that his buttons can be easily pushed by anyone who wants to get a rise out of him. Pulling the relevancy card today was just so unnecessary and accomplished nothing, he had to answer the question anyway. I wonder how he comported himself before the grand jury. I really can't see him acting any differently than he did at the deposition or today. I can see that he will not fare well at trial. I wouldn't be surprised if he really became unhinged and got himself a contempt of court charge. He is so close to a major explosion that it is scary.

LaLaw2000
08-22-2009, 01:43 AM
I did not care for LP from the beginning and said so. I did not feel that Casey should have been out of jail at all. LP bonded her out of jail and an even bigger circus began. That was when Caylee was pushed to the back burner, IMO. And I mean the back burner because it became more about Casey and the A's in the media rather than little Caylee who was lying out there dead so close to the Anthony home.

And the A's? I would be banned for life if I were to state what I really thought of them.

JMO, MOO

magic-cat
08-22-2009, 01:46 AM
Wasn't he just there for about 10 days?I think LP and co. were there for nine days.

I see where you're coming from, but my point was just that it's not like the guy was gushing on and on about them from out of the blue...he was put in a defensive position.

Trying to understand others when coming from the outside is very difficult. I have had a falling out with a friend as a group, and then run into the person we had the falling out with, and then slowly gotten to know the person again. Maybe they changed, maybe I did, maybe we just moved past the issue...HOWEVER, it never fails that someone who has not been around this gradual interaction will be all "How can you POSSIBLY be friends with HER? Don't you remember XYZ?" Of course I do, but when it comes down to it, nobody is perfect, and each person's threshhold of what violates their trust enough to overwhelm the good they see in the other is different...and those of us on the outside can be mystified all we want. Would I be the same way in his position? Prolly not, but I still don't see anything fishy about how he feels...and I wasn't there for any of their interaction so I have no idea how he came to his position.
Like Stitch (from Lilo and Stitch) the Anthonys "badness level" is off the charts high...nobody is perfect but there are many people who come much closer than them...:rolleyes:

Reagan
08-22-2009, 01:47 AM

Blaise

O/T
Very good friend of mine.. her aunt did "date/socialize" with Ted Bundy. She was the lucky ones who got away.

Lexington
08-22-2009, 01:48 AM
I did not care for LP from the beginning and said so. I did not feel that Casey should have been out of jail at all. LP bonded her out of jail and an even bigger circus began. That was when Caylee was pushed to the back burner, IMO. And I mean the back burner because it became more about Casey and the A's in the media rather than little Caylee who was lying out there dead so close to the Anthony home.

And the A's? I would be banned for life if I were to state what I really thought of them.

JMO, MOO

:clap::clap: My feelings exactly. I just had to repeat it.

magic-cat
08-22-2009, 01:48 AM
I agree with you that his buttons can be easily pushed by anyone who wants to get a rise out of him. Pulling the relevancy card today was just so unnecessary and accomplished nothing, he had to answer the question anyway. I wonder how he comported himself before the grand jury. I really can't see him acting any differently than he did at the deposition or today. I can see that he will not fare well at trial. I wouldn't be surprised if he really became unhinged and got himself a contempt of court charge. He is so close to a major explosion that it is scary.
I wonder when ANY Anthony will come to realize that it is not THEM who decides what is relevant and what is not? That is for the attorneys and the judge to hash out...the witnesses do not have a say in what is relevant. Ridiculous!

mysteriew
08-22-2009, 01:51 AM
O/T
Very good friend of mine.. her aunt did "date/socialize" with Ted Bundy. She was the lucky ones who got away.

Someday I would love to hear about that.

magic-cat
08-22-2009, 01:51 AM
Well, Baez was asked to produce the original and said he would produce it to the judge in camera. If he can't produce the original he can produce a True Copy. I can not entertain the idea that Baez fabricated evidence so easily disputed; don't you have an duplicate original or true copy of what you signed?
Not quite so easily disputed when he KNOWS that Tony did not get a copy of the document. That leaves him some wiggle room to play around, and knowing his character? He is going to wiggle around like there is no tomorrow!:furious:

DotsEyes
08-22-2009, 01:53 AM
I just feel that Leonard's role changed from finding Caylee to getting as much air time as possible on TV.

Don't you think that happened when he realized that KC really wasn't going to make any effort to find her child, wasn't going to confide in him about the "bad guys" who took the baby so he could hunt them down, had a "mean little mind" and experienced an epiphany; Caylee was dead, her mother killed her and she played him for $50K?

mitzi
08-22-2009, 02:00 AM
Here is TM on TRUTV . Brace yourself-here's what the defense is cooking!!
YouTube - InSession 8/21/09 Casey Anthony Hearing Part 6 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R__Z7oO9RFI&feature=channel_page)

I am still catching up here, but OMG!!! If T. Macaluso goes on any more shows and spouts his out-and-out blatant LIES, I am going to have to up my blood pressure meds! :furious: I have to say, I really hate him. Not only is he a liar, but from prior appearances, he has shown himself to be an arrogant fool! And please tell me...was Jamie a former defense attorney?...because she fits right in. :rolleyes:

Reagan
08-22-2009, 02:04 AM
Someday I would love to hear about that.
Wish I had more information to give.. but at the time I found out I was only about 16 (I'm 26 now) and never thought to inquire further... Just that the family member dated Ted Bundy for a short time and was the woman who technically got away. I know it for a fact, as I have met and confirmed these people, but that's about all the information I have. Nothing special. My apologies :hug:
O/T and I'm sorry that's all the info I've recieved. Wish I had more...

mysteriew
08-22-2009, 02:05 AM
Not quite so easily disputed when he KNOWS that Tony did not get a copy of the document. That leaves him some wiggle room to play around, and knowing his character? He is going to wiggle around like there is no tomorrow!:furious:

Actually I am kinda giving JB a little leeway on this one. I am thinking it wasn't actually a intentional action, but maybe bad lawyering- that could be criminal or not ethical at least.

According to Tony P. the day they signed the agreements there was a lot going on and LP and TP were concerned about a possible arrest. It sounds like it may have been pretty rushed that day. So JB very well may not remember what he had them sign, only that he had them to sign.

However, he went to court without copies of what he had them sign. And he should have known that the issue was going to come up.... because was the one who brought up the issue. And to make matters worse, he then presented allegedly bad info to the court about what they signed as fact when it may be incorrect.

Lexington
08-22-2009, 02:08 AM
Don't you think that happened when he realized that KC really wasn't going to make any effort to find her child, wasn't going to confide in him about the "bad guys" who took the baby so he could hunt them down, had a "mean little mind" and experienced an epiphany; Caylee was dead, her mother killed her and she played him for $50K?

I don't believe for one moment that LP thought that KC was going to assist him in finding Caylee. I'm sure he knew that Caylee was dead before he hatched his scheme to bail her out and place himself in the middle of the media frenzy connected with the case. He saw a prime opportunity to create a lot of attention for himself and took full advantage of it. MOO

DotsEyes
08-22-2009, 02:09 AM
The house behind the Anthony's was vacant. We were granted permission to monitor that area. Nobody was living there just monitoring. The Anthony's have always been very nice to me Rob and Tracy. We still talk occassionally. There is some bad blood between them and Leonard because of not only what Leonard has done but some things that have been said between them. That memorial Leonard had was a joke!!! These conversations will come out in time.

There is no house behind the Anthony home, it is all vacant land.

OneLostGrl
08-22-2009, 02:14 AM
Well, I can't explain that, because I've ripped into my family too, on these threads.

I didn't post anything I haven't said to their faces.

Neither did Tony.

For some of us, it's a safe place to blow off steam.

Right but we are anonymous strangers, we don't include our last names (or the last names of our family members) in our discussions.

OneLostGrl
08-22-2009, 02:15 AM
I don't believe for one moment that LP thought that KC was going to assist him in finding Caylee. I'm sure he knew that Caylee was dead before he hatched his scheme to bail her out and place himself in the middle of the media frenzy connected with the case. He saw a prime opportunity to create a lot of attention for himself and took full advantage of it. MOO

Amen!

DotsEyes
08-22-2009, 02:18 AM

We have aerials. No house.

Leila
08-22-2009, 02:18 AM
But at the time before Padilla bailed Casey out, wasn't the big, huge issue that Casey HAD to be out of jail to 'help find Caylee' and if she could just get bailed out, then she would help padilla find her? It's not as if Baez was fair or upfront about things, because he pulled the rug out from under Padilla, as I understand it, by telling Casey not to communicate with them. At any rate, she did nothing to help find Caylee and I think Baez refused to pay the nominal 1$ fee to have him as Padilla's agent or work-product, etc.

Yes, Cindy repeatedly told the media that Casey couldn't help find Caylee because she was in jail. She needed to bailed out so she could help in the search. LP responded with the money to bond Casey out, but JB put conditions on LP talking with Casey. LP was manipulated by the self-serving family to get Casey bonded out.

George's testimony today was a complete re-write of what actually happened. I don't know who he thinks he was trying to fool, as anyone can go back to various media interviews and hear GA and CA (mostly CA) saying that Casey needed to be bonded out to help in the search. Today was just a preview of what we can expect of George at the trial.

DotsEyes
08-22-2009, 02:19 AM

Sure, you could send her back to the dorm. She needed something from you.

ecs5298
08-22-2009, 02:24 AM

Hi DotsEyes,

There are houses behind the A's as seen in the photo below. Some of the older satellite pics and aerial pics were taken before they were built.

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo95/ecs5298/hopespring.jpg

LaLaw2000
08-22-2009, 02:24 AM
I am still catching up here, but OMG!!! If T. Macaluso goes on any more shows and spouts his out-and-out blatant LIES, I am going to have to up my blood pressure meds! :furious: I have to say, I really hate him. Not only is he a liar, but from prior appearances, he has shown himself to be an arrogant fool! And please tell me...was Jamie a former defense attorney?...because she fits right in. :rolleyes:

I believe that Jamie is a former defense attorney. Cannot stand her and will not watch her. In her eyes, NO ONE is ever guilty of anything. JMO

Kreeblim
08-22-2009, 02:29 AM
Like Stitch (from Lilo and Stitch) the Anthonys "badness level" is off the charts high...nobody is perfect but there are many people who come much closer than them...:rolleyes:

No dispute from me. However, the point of that had nothing to do with my opinion of the Anthonys. It was meant only to illustrate how we know the bad parts (the A's), but were not there for his private positive interaction with them (the part he considers good)...in order to speculate on someone's feelings with any accuracy I'd really have to have a full picture of their relationship.

Plus the guy actually posts here...he was asked several times why he felt that way, then answered. How are posts that center around his feelings "not adding up" and "sounding fishy" getting you any closer to understanding his straightforward answer? It's like his choices are to change his opinion (something that will happen on his time, if at all), defend himself AGAIN and get more "why are you defending the A's!?!" (and appear to be even closer to them than he really is) or ignore it completely which is pretty hard to do when posts are directed straight at you.

I really am ONLY commenting on Tony here...nobody even blinked when a poster did actually tell him that most people think his opinion is wrong...yet when he explains that his opinion is just MOO and came from his personal interaction with the A's, that is TOTALLY not an acceptable answer.

I respect all opinions here, and it seems like Tony does to, even if I hold a different opinion than he does.

Gypsy Road
08-22-2009, 02:32 AM
I haven't been able to catch up with the whole thread, and I don't know how to say this without being overly blunt. Tony P. you seem like a super nice man. A man who see's the good in folks, but I can't help but see that the A's have manipulated you into thinking that they are "wonderful and nice" people. It's all an act IMO. And they are the type of people that will literally turn on you for a dime. Please be careful around them.

DotsEyes
08-22-2009, 03:35 AM
Can we move off of Padilla?

What about Anthony L's cell phone records?

He was agreeing to release records from 6/1/08 - 7/15/08 and from 7/23/08 to 9/13/08, although the request for for January 1,2008 through January 1/2009, later modified to April 1, 2008 through January 1, 2008. The argument was that before 6/1/08 and after 7/15/08 were irrelevant as these were the 6 weeks of his relationship with KC. The records from 7/23/08 to 0/13/08 were during the time he was allowing LE to tape his phone conversations. But, he didn't want 7/15/08 - 7/22/08 released. Now, these are pretty important dates in the case and reflect what AL was doing, where he was and who he was talking too. Good grief. He was the mommy's boyfriend, his post 7/15 activity is important to the defense. I dare say that if his cell records indicated ANY invovlement whatsoever, he would be in jail, but JB is entitled to look for himself.

Why object to the production of records for the 15th - 22nd of July? What is there that requires calling upon the Constitutional Right to Privacy to defeat?

So LE has interviewed LP, Tracy, RB and TP. For whatever reason, the prosecution wants them to testify. I think TP going on TV to announce that the contract is a fabrication is a bad move. Better left for the case-in-chief.

And Tony, having another person in the room when you met with Baez to sign a contract /privacy agreement with JB has no bearing. In fact, having another person in the room while discussing "privileged matters" does not always void the privilege i.e., an associate of Baez' in the firm also working the case but not appearing in court as she/he too is covered by the privilege.

Did anyone else see GA give KC the "I love you" signal? It seems she said a few words to him and maybe even CA, but she was hidden behind someone.

My, what an emotional breakdown! Did I miss it? A sniffle and a tissue for an invisible, dry tear. She wanted to look pitiful for GA so he would go the distance, stretch the truth for her and forget what he should remember in an effort to keep Tracy, LP, TP, RB from testifying. JB is fighting very hard to keep this out. It can't be good for KC.

However, the fact that Baez never made any move to shut LP up for all the months he was yakking away on TV tells me 2 things: nothing LP ever said came from the A house or KC or anyone in the house; and/or he didn't think his privacy agreement held water.

I just can't imagine Baez fabricating evidence that is so easily disputed on it's face, much less it's terms. He isn't stupid. That is disbarrment time and JB does not want to be disbarred, I promise you. Not for KC, not for 1 case out of many in a lifetime of practice, no way, no how.

The contract was in the last doc dump, I can't remember who signed it, but even then we pretty much agreed that it was unenforceable and worthless to prevent testimony on the basis of privilege alone.

But, as TP posted, there is no smoking gun just some interesting things that were said and which may not favor KC.

AL has a good lawyer. Strickland is all over the place, but gets pulled back with the law. He is thinking at least and asking the right questions.

affinity
08-22-2009, 03:39 AM
Does Cindy REALLY think KC "mouthed I love you" to Cindy? No one else saw this. Does Cindy REALLY think KC looks "healthy"? Isn't this more revisionist history by someone very well versed in seeing only what she wants to see? This was a considerate Cindy but still a deluded Cindy? Did anyone see KC make any eye contact with Cindy..let alone mouth words to her?
http://www.wftv.com/video/20494191/index.html

magic-cat
08-22-2009, 03:48 AM
Actually if you go to this link you can search the address and see the street of houses that have been erected directly behind their street. There are a whole bunch of houses behind their house now...the maps you are checking may not be updated.
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/birds-eye-view-map/46119042_zpid/#birds-eye-view

RR0004
08-22-2009, 03:49 AM
The thing is, KC has a right to a jury trial and she will assert that right rather than be made to choose between a partial jury or a trial by bench. What seems to be a moot point isn't to the defense. To KC and her defense team, it's all about what her rights are so they will seek a change of venue to protect her right to a trial by jury.
I know...but it seems like a big bother if you ask me. Can you even ask for a change of venue for a fraud charge? I guess so. Yikes...what a waste of taxpayers money.

magic-cat
08-22-2009, 03:52 AM
I wonder if you recall if it was in the August 7th or the July 30 documents? I seem to have missed it somehow and I sure did look...

magic-cat
08-22-2009, 03:52 AM
I know...but it seems like a big bother if you ask me. Can you even ask for a change of venue for a fraud charge? I guess so. Yikes...what a waste of taxpayers money.
You can ask but that does not mean the answer will be yes...:)

RR0004
08-22-2009, 03:56 AM
Can we move off of Padilla?

What about Anthony L's cell phone records?

He was agreeing to release records from 6/1/08 - 7/15/08 and from 7/23/08 to 9/13/08, although the request for for January 1,2008 through January 1/2009, later modified to April 1, 2008 through January 1, 2008. The argument was that before 6/1/08 and after 7/15/08 were irrelevant as these were the 6 weeks of his relationship with KC. The records from 7/23/08 to 0/13/08 were during the time he was allowing LE to tape his phone conversations. But, he didn't want 7/15/08 - 7/22/08 released. Now, these are pretty important dates in the case and reflect what AL was doing, where he was and who he was talking too. Good grief. He was the mommy's boyfriend, his post 7/15 activity is important to the defense. I dare say that if his cell records indicated ANY invovlement whatsoever, he would be in jail, but JB is entitled to look for himself.

Why object to the production of records for the 15th - 22nd of July? What is there that requires calling upon the Constitutional Right to Privacy to defeat?

So LE has interviewed LP, Tracy, RB and TP. For whatever reason, the prosecution wants them to testify. I think TP going on TV to announce that the contract is a fabrication is a bad move. Better left for the case-in-chief.

And Tony, having another person in the room when you met with Baez to sign a contract /privacy agreement with JB has no bearing. In fact, having another person in the room while discussing "privileged matters" does not always void the privilege i.e., an associate of Baez' in the firm also working the case but not appearing in court as she/he too is covered by the privilege.

Did anyone else see GA give KC the "I love you" signal? It seems she said a few words to him and maybe even CA, but she was hidden behind someone.

My, what an emotional breakdown! Did I miss it? A sniffle and a tissue for an invisible, dry tear. She wanted to look pitiful for GA so he would go the distance, stretch the truth for her and forget what he should remember in an effort to keep Tracy, LP, TP, RB from testifying. JB is fighting very hard to keep this out. It can't be good for KC.

However, the fact that Baez never made any move to shut LP up for all the months he was yakking away on TV tells me 2 things: nothing LP ever said came from the A house or KC or anyone in the house; and/or he didn't think his privacy agreement held water.

I just can't imagine Baez fabricating evidence that is so easily disputed on it's face, much less it's terms. He isn't stupid. That is disbarrment time and JB does not want to be disbarred, I promise you. Not for KC, not for 1 case out of many in a lifetime of practice, no way, no how.

The contract was in the last doc dump, I can't remember who signed it, but even then we pretty much agreed that it was unenforceable and worthless to prevent testimony on the basis of privilege alone.

But, as TP posted, there is no smoking gun just some interesting things that were said and which may not favor KC.

AL has a good lawyer. Strickland is all over the place, but gets pulled back with the law. He is thinking at least and asking the right questions.
Haven't we seen many of the texts from the 15th on...or was that Jesse's? I'm sure that LE has every single call from the 15th on, though. Don't know what's up with the dates. But, the hell that guy must have been going through- I can't even imagine.

magic-cat
08-22-2009, 04:12 AM
Haven't we seen many of the texts from the 15th on...or was that Jesse's? I'm sure that LE has every single call from the 15th on, though. Don't know what's up with the dates. But, the hell that guy must have been going through- I can't even imagine.
We have not seen Cindys texts, nor Lees, nor his girlfriend, Mallorys, nor have we seen many of Tonys. And of course, we have not seen Caseys in totality either...

It is despicable that each time the defense comes in to argue a new motion they throw someone else out as a potential conspirator/culprit. Zanny did it...no Annie did it...no Jesse did it...no Tony did it...for God sake Jose, throw out the correct one would you? CASEY DID IT!

RR0004
08-22-2009, 04:15 AM
What time did Tony say he'd be on NBC this morning? TIA

Whisperer
08-22-2009, 04:27 AM
Couldn't see, what, if anything kc said...she was swallowed up by a gigantic bear. Positioning is purposeful. The bigger the better...must hide kc.

Cindy look disappointed when she looked at he daughter...did you see her eyes give kc the once over?...up an down. She did not approve of her appearance...With Cindy, it is all about appearance.

TrY
08-22-2009, 04:33 AM
I have watched part of Friday's hearings. I do think that Casey is much paler than before. I do believe that she is heavier than the last time she was in court but she is not overweight. I did notice that she didn't appear to be wearing makeup. I don't know and can't really guess if the clothing decision and apparent lack of makeup is a deliberate one or not.

I did notice that Casey avoided looking at her parents and she didn't respond to them even with a smile or acknowledge them even when George blew her a kiss.

After watching the scenes of Casey dabbing her eyes several times I am not convinced that she was crying at all. I thought it looked staged.

I'm also not buying the SODDI defense or that SODDI moved Caylee's body.

I do wonder why Jose Baez didn't specifically put in the documentes in the first place that Padilla and the rest of the bonds people signed that anything that they did or said to Casey fell under the attorney client work product.

Just my 2 cents!

john's mom
08-22-2009, 04:37 AM
What time did Tony say he'd be on NBC this morning? TIA

I think it's between 7:30 and 8 am. Patty will tape it and post it in the media thread so I'm not getting up early to watch!

magic-cat
08-22-2009, 04:40 AM
Does Cindy REALLY think KC "mouthed I love you" to Cindy? No one else saw this. Does Cindy REALLY think KC looks "healthy"? Isn't this more revisionist history by someone very well versed in seeing only what she wants to see? This was a considerate Cindy but still a deluded Cindy? Did anyone see KC make any eye contact with Cindy..let alone mouth words to her?

When she first begins shaking hands with the attorneys and she is right in front of that big one that is standing in front of Cindy and George, she does actually lean over to the left a bit and there seems to be some exchange, albeit a quick one, between Cindy and Casey...

snow_walker
08-22-2009, 04:55 AM
It seemed to me there was some brief exchange between them, just for a second or two, as magic_cat says. and it did seem to me that KC started crying when she saw her father on the stand. I don't know how much actual feeling there was behind either of these incidents, (assuming what I thought I saw was truly the case) but KC does look worn out, tired or maybe sick.. if so, I can imagine even KC would have appreciated seeing her parents sitting in the court room.

LambChop
08-22-2009, 08:06 AM
When on page 11 of this thread, I was about to post and my computer went haywire - said that a virous was attacking and attaching to my email. My system shut me down from there and I spent the next three hours sweeping my computer. I've never had this happen before.

I'm suspicious; something weird went on here with me anyway. FYI and please advise if anyone knows what may have happened. Thank you.

I also got an alert on my computer last night.

Patty G
08-22-2009, 08:15 AM
August 22, 2009
Today Show

Tony Padilla

YouTube - Today Show 8/22/09 Tony Padilla Bondsman (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWhFeHz5aRI)

jandkmom
08-22-2009, 08:17 AM
I don't think it was a fluke. I thought so at first, so I didn't say anything. Now that you have posted that you had something happen to your pc, I'm going to say something. Very shortly after my post (#330) at 7:09 P.M. 10:09 P.M. Eastern) I got an alert from my anti virus software. Something was trying to insert itself in my system, but I think it got stopped by the shields. I don't know what happened, but I have a hinky feeling.

The same thing happened to my computer last night.

jon_burrows
08-22-2009, 08:40 AM
Just finished watching, and wanted to comment first. It will be interesting reading to see what everyone else thought about the hearing. What struck me most while watching is this:

I want so much for KC to pay for what she did. I have always been angry and aggravated at her attorneys; partially because I am on the prosecution's side.

What scares me is that when A.Lyon was arguing her motion today, I felt like she was so reasonable and pleasant. She put the case law the prosecution cited in layman's terms and explained why she felt it didn't apply to this situation. She appeared gracious and eager to help.

Also, as much as I want to praise the prosecution, that grey-haired guy who keeps nodding and smirking is bad for the case. He needs to be more professional. His facial acrobats give the appearance of someone who is out to get KC and can't keep an open mind. I hope someone reigns him in before trial.

It's SO important that a jury feels comfortable that the attorney wants a fair trial.

I can only hope that Baez keeps insisting on center stage the majority of the time.

ITA- I thought the same thing the first time I saw him. In fact, he has made those overly exaggerated childish expressions every time I've seen him in court. Jose is able to get under his skin and visibly agitate him too. He needs to be able to rise above all the petty facial expressions and learn a lesson from the blonde prosecutor. I know this sounds harsh but I hope they remove him from the case ASAP if he doesn't stop now.

TotallyObsessed
08-22-2009, 09:00 AM

sounded very much like a mole to me. But I'm sorta cynical like that. I don't understand TP taking a complete opposite stance against LP. I remember at the beginning, he and LP would have live blogs on their website, of which they charged a nominal fee for participation. WTH? Now he has a conscious?

Searchfortruth
08-22-2009, 09:08 AM
sounded very much like a mole to me. But I'm sorta cynical like that. I don't understand TP taking a complete opposite stance against LP. I remember at the beginning, he and LP would have live blogs on their website, of which they charged a nominal fee for participation. WTH? Now he has a conscious?I totally agree with you. I felt very confused with what was posted and still don't know what to make of it. It just didn't sound like a family member to me. And the true love part about Cindy and George...:confused:

TotallyObsessed
08-22-2009, 09:08 AM
What I saw was CA doing contortions trying to get her loving daughter to look at her and toss her a crumb, and KC TOTALLY ignoring her.

Tuffy
08-22-2009, 09:11 AM

Mel

I believe the Anthonys have Caylee's ashes. The Anthonys said that they did not want to bury Caylee's remains because they did not want a marked grave. They fear vandals and have kept the location of her remains secret.

I can't say that I blame them.

jon_burrows
08-22-2009, 09:22 AM
sounded very much like a mole to me. But I'm sorta cynical like that. I don't understand TP taking a complete opposite stance against LP. I remember at the beginning, he and LP would have live blogs on their website, of which they charged a nominal fee for participation. WTH? Now he has a conscious?

I didn't know about the blog. Do you know how much they were charging?

Pink Panther
08-22-2009, 09:30 AM
I just finished watching GA's testimony...Interesting - I think it offers a glimpse of what we will likely see at trial. At times, he doesn't even seem to understand English! The prosecution will really need to be specific when questioning him and CA...No "wiggle" room will have to be their mantra or they will be running around in circles! Also - You get tell that Linda was getting annoyed as she was being given the run-around. Something she might want to get over as it will undoubtedly affect her ability to be succint. Just my two cents.

MOO

jandkmom
08-22-2009, 09:35 AM
I just finished watching GA's testimony...Interesting - I think it offers a glimpse of what we will likely see at trial. At times, he doesn't even seem to understand English! The prosecution will really need to be specific when questioning him and CA...No "wiggle" room will have to be their mantra or they will be running around in circles! Also - You get tell that Linda was getting annoyed as she was being given the run-around. Something she might want to get over as it will undoubtedly affect her ability to be succint. Just my two cents.

MOO

I think the jurors will get annoyed with the Anthonys also if they feel that they are evading the truth. The jurors may think that they will go to any lengths to save their daughter, and they would be correct IMHO.

TotallyObsessed
08-22-2009, 09:39 AM
I didn't know about the blog. Do you know how much they were charging?

I never joined up - but it was something like $5. IIRC, there was some sort of stink about it and TP purportedly refunded all of the money. Does anybody else remember this?

whiteangora
08-22-2009, 09:41 AM

snipped
Were we watching the same woman? I found her to be snippy, sarcastic, condescending (even to the judge) boring and arrogant.
I won't get into her personal appearance but where is Stacy London and Clinton Kelly when you need them?:twocents:

angeleleven
08-22-2009, 09:52 AM

I agree with you. This really bothered me also.

Pink Panther
08-22-2009, 09:54 AM
I don't think that GA understands half of what he is being asked. Like when the prosecution was trying to ascertain if he believed that Padilla was safeguarding his "asset" (KC) or not...He just didn't seem to get it??? Anyone else get that impression? I think that his failure to understand certain words is what got him so hot-under-the-collar about MM's reference to "remains" as well. Someone seems to have taken the time to explain that word to him for this hearing...

MOO

jon_burrows
08-22-2009, 09:55 AM
August 22, 2009
Today Show

Tony Padilla

YouTube - Today Show 8/22/09 Tony Padilla Bondsman (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWhFeHz5aRI)

Thanks Patty.

Now I'm confused. According to TP, he was in the home for two hours after she was let out of jail. He described her as:

- a nice girl
- seemed to care
- was very emotional
- trying time for her....

Didn't LP say the exact opposite? Something like she took a shower, cooked, and acted as if nothing happened. She seemed happy and not concerned about Caylee at all. When LP asked about Caylee, she told him to get out of her house?

LambChop
08-22-2009, 10:01 AM
snipped
Were we watching the same woman? I found her to be snippy, sarcastic, condescending (even to the judge) boring and arrogant.
I won't get into her personal appearance but where is Stacy London and Clinton Kelly when you need them?:twocents:

Was it ALyons that said something to the judge about, did I say that slow enough for you? My link kept cutting out so I did not hear that part. Did anyone else hear her say that and in what context did she use this phrase?

whiteangora
08-22-2009, 10:08 AM
Was it ALyons that said something to the judge about, did I say that slow enough for you? My link kept cutting out so I did not hear that part. Did anyone else hear her say that and in what context did she use this phrase?

Yes, she said that to the judge!:eek:
I don't remember what the context was because I was so flabbergasted.

whiteangora
08-22-2009, 10:09 AM
I never joined up - but it was something like $5. IIRC, there was some sort of stink about it and TP purportedly refunded all of the money. Does anybody else remember this?

IIRC, the fee was 9.95 to join.

lee3
08-22-2009, 10:10 AM
Actually if you go to this link you can search the address and see the street of houses that have been erected directly behind their street. There are a whole bunch of houses behind their house now...the maps you are checking may not be updated.
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/birds-eye-view-map/46119042_zpid/#birds-eye-view

I can see KC's car in the driveway in one of the pics.:eek: Sorry, OT.

listening-in
08-22-2009, 10:27 AM
Lambchop wrote:"Was it ALyons that said something to the judge about, did I say that slow enough for you?"
I think that AL was speaking to the stenographer(recorder) ...she said something to the effect that she knows that she speaks fast....blah, blah, blah....like the recorder was might be unable to keep up with her words of "wisdom"...I thought that she was a bit too cheery for me...always smiling and chuckling...what was so funny??..
Wish she did make that remark to the judge...I am sure that he would take care of her!

jon_burrows
08-22-2009, 10:28 AM
The defense just drops a bomb in court. They have proof that Caylee's body was dumped while Casey was in jail. Cindy has the full attention of the media and several microphones to her face. Her daughter is facing the DP. Does she make a plea to find the real killer? Nope, it's all about how she felt at peace, the way Casey looked, how touching it was that Casey got to see her dad. Poor Casey hasn't seen her dad in such a long time. It's all about Casey and Cindy. Caylee wasn't even mentioned.

If we believe the defense, there is a baby killer on the loose. One that not only murdered Caylee but moved her body after Casey went to jail. Cindy/George have quite the nerve to set up an organization for missing children but have no interest in finding the one who killed Caylee.

Oh wait, they know who killed Caylee and she's right where she belongs.

suki
08-22-2009, 10:29 AM
It happened so quickly, I couldn't tell but as Whisperer pointed out, I did see Cindy's eyes do a quick scan of Casey. Cindy probably said what she said to save face if for no other reason. If there is love there though, why doesn't Cindy visit her child? It's easy to say I love you - it's harder to show it. C'mon Cindy - show some of that love you keep talking about!

Tuffy
08-22-2009, 10:31 AM
I don't think that GA understands half of what he is being asked. Like when the prosecution was trying to ascertain if he believed that Padilla was safeguarding his "asset" (KC) or not...He just didn't seem to get it??? Anyone else get that impression? I think that his failure to understand certain words is what got him so hot-under-the-collar about MM's reference to "remains" as well. Someone seems to have taken the time to explain that word to him for this hearing...

MOO

I agree Pink Panther. I am sure he was being evasive but, he also appeared to not really understand what was being asked of him. When he was asked whether he could hear conversations between Tracy and Casey, he replied that he didn't and doesn't eavesdrop. He just didn't seem to understand the question. Even when she asked about the square footage of the home, he never properly answered the question.

He just didn't seem to understand that the prosecution was saying that the body guards were not there to protect the family and the family home. They were there to guard their bond investment (Casey.)

That's why he thought the fact that he had a friend that was a security guard, and that he himself was a security guard was irrelevant.

karenmamo
08-22-2009, 10:32 AM

Yes, it was $10
the site is still up and running...am a member there

LambChop
08-22-2009, 10:34 AM
I find it hard to believe that BC has not at least instructed the A's on the proper way to answer questions on the stand. That it is improper for a witness to question SA about relevance. Court is a serious matter and to be playing games does not reflect well on BC, I would imagine. The judge was very kind to GA yesterday but I imagine by the time of the actual trial that consideration will have worn thin.

Since GA is former LE he certainly knows better and almost appears as if he wants to be held in contempt. Generally people (jurors) expect more from a former police officer because they feel he does know better.

Example: My husband was a detective with a police department and my children were told by neighbors, etc. when they did something wrong that they should know better because "Your Dad's a cop." They still remember being singled out today. We just expect LE officers to act professionally and answer questions to the best of their ability. Does he not know he is NOT helping his daughter with such displays????

Another thing my husband always said, "Once a police officer, always a police officer." No matter how long they are out of the department people still expect them to act as if they are still connected.

MissJames
08-22-2009, 10:35 AM

Very true. I can see that G and C can be very charming and C likes to be nurturing.Remember the protestor that was screaming in C's face and C was telling her to calm down,watch her blood pressure,etc.
I'm tired of bashing the A's,but I hope they'll do the right thing for Caylee before this is over.G's testimony yesterday didn't give me much hope.
It makes me want to see the States depos with him even more now.He told the SA her question was not relevent ,in court ,in front of the Judge!
I don't understand why their attorney doesn't tell them YOU CAN'T DO THAT!

TotallyObsessed
08-22-2009, 10:36 AM

Ohhhhhh, I've got it now. Evidently the Anthony universal sign for "I Love You" is flipping the bird. That's how KC told her dad "I Love You"....got it:rolleyes:

TotallyObsessed
08-22-2009, 10:37 AM
I agree Pink Panther. I am sure he was being evasive but, he also appeared to not really understand what was being asked of him. When he was asked whether he could hear conversations between Tracy and Casey, he replied that he didn't and doesn't eavesdrop. He just didn't seem to understand the question. Even when she asked about the square footage of the home, he never properly answered the question.

He just didn't seem to understand that the prosecution was saying that the body guards were not there to protect the family and the family home. They were there to guard their bond investment (Casey.)

That's why he thought the fact that he had a friend that was a security guard, and that he himself was a security guard was irrelevant.

GA has selective stupidity.

Pink Panther
08-22-2009, 10:37 AM

Lol that made me laugh when he smirked and said that he asked how it was relevant! Brad really needs to crank up the training on how they will need to behave in court for the trial!

MOO

countzero
08-22-2009, 10:42 AM
Lol that made me laugh when he smirked and said that he asked how it was relevant! Brad really needs to crank up the training on how they will need to behave in court for the trial!

MOO

Don't think it will work now anymore than it worked after the Morgan depos.

If GA or CA answer a question with a question I am gonna jump through my screen and shake the begeebees right out of 'em. Screams out "I am being evasive". :razz:

whiteangora
08-22-2009, 10:42 AM
I'm using a mac and I got this message twice. Once Thursday evening and again yesterday. Page 13 for me. Going to the link in the warning these are the two pages.

http://google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?tpl=safari&site=newadsresults.com&hl=en-us

http://google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=AS:44042&hl=en-us

How weird, now I really wonder what's going on?
PS, I thought Macs didn't get viruses, is that just a myth?

whiteangora
08-22-2009, 10:45 AM
Lambchop wrote:"Was it ALyons that said something to the judge about, did I say that slow enough for you?"
I think that AL was speaking to the stenographer(recorder) ...she said something to the effect that she knows that she speaks fast....blah, blah, blah....like the recorder was might be unable to keep up with her words of "wisdom"...I thought that she was a bit too cheery for me...always smiling and chuckling...what was so funny??..
Wish she did make that remark to the judge...I am sure that he would take care of her!

Thank you for clearing that up!

suki
08-22-2009, 10:48 AM

IMHO, I think ALyons just wants to give the appearance that she is cheery and lovable and all those great things that people seems to trust. It relaxes others enough for them to put their guard down. It's kinda like a poker face - I hope she doesn't think we are buying it. I like true colors the best - at least you know what you are dealing with. I really believe she is getting ready to lose her first case.

MissJames
08-22-2009, 10:51 AM
snipped
Extremely condescending! She said it was the SA's own doing that the defense couldn't handle the check fraud case right now,because they brought the DP back ,KNOWING it would generate much more work or the defenses part. Give me break! Maybe it her clients fault for stealing and murdering her baby?
I thought the States rebuttal argument was brilliant.

Juliana
08-22-2009, 10:52 AM
I totally agree with you. I felt very confused with what was posted and still don't know what to make of it. It just didn't sound like a family member to me. And the true love part about Cindy and George...:confused:

He also said he "truly loves" Nitasha (the reporter from Nancy Grace) so this might just be a "term of speech" that he uses and doesn't really give it the significance that many of us do. imo.

MissJames
08-22-2009, 10:54 AM
IMHO, I think ALyons just wants to give the appearance that she is cheery and lovable and all those great things that people seems to trust. It relaxes others enough for them to put their guard down. It's kinda like a poker face - I hope she doesn't think we are buying it. I like true colors the best - at least you know what you are dealing with. I really believe she is getting ready to lose her first case.

Hi Neighbor!
I bet she'll bail before she let's that happen,citing irreconcilible differences with JB.

Jolynna
08-22-2009, 10:59 AM
ITA- I thought the same thing the first time I saw him. In fact, he has made those overly exaggerated childish expressions every time I've seen him in court. Jose is able to get under his skin and visibly agitate him too. He needs to be able to rise above all the petty facial expressions and learn a lesson from the blonde prosecutor. I know this sounds harsh but I hope they remove him from the case ASAP if he doesn't stop now.

I agree with you.

I am 100% behind what the prosecutors are trying to do. I think KC is guilty as sin. I want to like the people representing justice for Caylee.

But, I think the male prosecutor's faces and head-shaking are not appropriate. A trial isn't a football game.

jon_burrows
08-22-2009, 11:00 AM
I find it hard to believe that BC has not at least instructed the A's on the proper way to answer questions on the stand. That it is improper for a witness to question SA about relevance. Court is a serious matter and to be playing games does not reflect well on BC, I would imagine. The judge was very kind to GA yesterday but I imagine by the time of the actual trial that consideration will have worn thin.

Since GA is former LE he certainly knows better and almost appears as if he wants to be held in contempt. Generally people (jurors) expect more from a former police officer because they feel he does know better.

Example: My husband was a detective with a police department and my children were told by neighbors, etc. when they did something wrong that they should know better because "Your Dad's a cop." They still remember being singled out today. We just expect LE officers to act professionally and answer questions to the best of their ability. Does he not know he is NOT helping his daughter with such displays????

Another thing my husband always said, "Once a police officer, always a police officer." No matter how long they are out of the department people still expect them to act as if they are still connected.

I think the As are going to push it as far as they can on the stand. That's why the judge has to lay the law down now or it's going to result in chaos, especially when Cindy takes the stand. The minute GA said the question was irrelevant, the judge should have shut him down and told him that his lawyer has to object, not him.