PDA

View Full Version : The Wedding

SeriouslySearching
09-16-2009, 02:38 PM
Please post all the information pertaining to Annie and Jon's wedding plans here.

soyesterday
09-16-2009, 08:13 PM
Annie and Jon's wedding plans.....
this particular thread makes my heart hurt......:(

MooCow66
09-17-2009, 11:01 AM
I find it somewhat interesting that these 2 are getting married while being grad students in different universities (she was a 3rd year doctoral student, which meant quite a few more years to go).

I guess they didn't plan to live together immediately after marriage? Or perhaps her fiance already has a job lined up in CT?

Lola
09-17-2009, 12:15 PM
One of my friends did her post doc at Yale and commuted to NYC. He's at Columbia -- not around the corner, but not that difficult.

songline
09-17-2009, 01:21 PM
Annie Le, fiance aimed to give back, wedding registry shows
They had no way of knowing what the future would bring when the couple signed up for a gift registry on WeddingChannel.com.

But they dreamed.

And they did what young couples usually do.

They selected a store, Macy's. They picked the silverware, towels and the bed linens. They picked out a vacuum cleaner, a sewing machine and a colorful gravy boat.

And they did something special. They also selected a charity - the I Have a Dream Foundation, which works to guarantee that all children can pursue a higher education - from a list of more than 100 compiled by WeddingChannel.com and a second, Washington, D.C.-based group called the I Do Foundation, which links engaged couples to charities.
The couple's gift registry, a hopeful sign of the future they wanted together - and should have had - was still online Monday.

http://www.am-ny.com/long-island/annie-le-fiance-aimed-to-give-back-wedding-registry-shows-1.1447887

t93
09-17-2009, 01:53 PM
^^I was just coming to post this. I hope that the charity they chose benefits from this publicity-in her name.

gitana1
09-18-2009, 12:12 AM
I feel so, so bad for Annie's husband to be. I just can't imagine.