PDA

View Full Version : Police Surround Clark in Cromwell hotel room; Countdown to Arrest 3..2..1

Pages : [1] 2 3

nursebeeme
09-16-2009, 10:02 PM
thought this situation could use it's own thread as it does seem to be picking up a bit. The cromwell police have been asked to assist in surrounding the hotel room where Clark is staying.

~((moo))... It seems to me that an arrest may happen very soon. In light of the increased police presence DNA may be back and they are waiting on the arrest warrant ((moo))~

Cromwell police said Wednesday night that they were assisting New Haven police in monitoring Raymond Clark's motel room.

http://www.wfsb.com/news/20953818/detail.html

lilpony
09-16-2009, 10:07 PM
OMG, is he going to do himself in. That may be the case...

TheFarSide
09-16-2009, 10:08 PM

I was thinking the very same thing.

Skigirl
09-16-2009, 10:10 PM
I think they're just waiting for an arrest warrant so they can swoop in and arrest him. I doubt he'll have the courage to do himself in. My bet is that he's sitting there in shock.

momtective
09-16-2009, 10:10 PM
Is there a live feed anywhere?

passionflower
09-16-2009, 10:11 PM
I thought he was suppose to be with his parents??

Anderson Cooper is to have some news on Annie after he talks about Garrido

nursebeeme
09-16-2009, 10:12 PM

http://www.yaledailynews.com/crosscampus/2009/09/16/police-monitoring-motel-where-clark-staying/

A team of New Haven Police Department officers is surrounding a Super 8 Motel in Cromwell, Conn, where Raymond Clark III, a person of interest in the murder of Annie Le MED 13, is believed to be staying.

passionflower
09-16-2009, 10:13 PM
Asian Awareness Club
did anyone see this club he was in maybe in high school? It is in the above article.......

masscph
09-16-2009, 10:15 PM

That was exactly why they should have put him behind bars.....dont tell me police hasnt considered that outcome, so hopefully they got everything covered.

She and her family and friends and lovedones deserves that the perp is taken to justice.

lilpony
09-16-2009, 10:15 PM

I thought so too. Wonder what happened there?

lilpony
09-16-2009, 10:17 PM
That was exactly why they should have put him behind bars.....dont tell me police hasnt considered that outcome, so hopefully they got everything covered.

She and her family and friends and lovedones deserves that the perp is taken to justice.

YES...He better not take the easy way out..............

Adrienne37
09-16-2009, 10:17 PM
I seem to recall during the press conference that the police chief assured the public that they knew exactly where he was located at all times. According to this article...

A team of New Haven Police Department officers is surrounding a Super 8 Motel in Cromwell, Conn, where Raymond Clark III, a person of interest in the murder of Annie Le MED ’13, is believed to be staying.

PrayersForMaura
09-16-2009, 10:20 PM
Asian Awareness Club
did anyone see this club he was in maybe in high school? It is in the above article.......

yes, saw that. How ironic in a sick way, isn't it?

GolferChick
09-16-2009, 10:21 PM

My thoughts exactly masscph...I'm not an LE professional or lawyer, but I have been wondering all day -- surely they have enough to hold him with probable cause?? The scratches, the fact that he worked with Annie, and LE probably knows if he were in the building at the time of her disappearance. Several reports mentioned that they have been watching this guy for awhile.

Skigirl
09-16-2009, 10:22 PM
@Adrienne37 -- I think the wording, "presumed to be staying," refers to the media's presumption that he's there, not the LE's presumption. LE could be certain.

nursebeeme
09-16-2009, 10:23 PM
@Adrienne37 -- I think the wording, "presumed to be staying," refers to the media's presumption that he's there, not the LE's presumption. LE could be certain.
and to add to that... two city police forces surrounding the hotel... they are there for a reason

static
09-16-2009, 10:23 PM
Suprised Jose B hasn't flown in from FL offering to be his lawyer...

momtective
09-16-2009, 10:26 PM

Or Michelle B offering to be his spokesperson.

nanny1
09-16-2009, 10:27 PM

Give him time. He'll probably be on the next plane !!:dance:

Skigirl
09-16-2009, 10:27 PM
GolferChick,

I think that LE is being careful not to jump the gun because of the criticism they got in the Jovin case in 1998. In that case, announced the day after the murder that they had a suspect, arrested him very quickly, Yale canceled his class (he was an instructor) and never looked at other suspects. They never developed enough evidence to take him to trial and he ended up suing Yale for supposedly ruining his career.

Although now people are saying they didn't have reason to suspect him, I think they actually did have some reasonable reasons to think he might be the killer, based on where he lived, his lack of alibi, his weird and creepy behavior the next day, the fact that she was angry with him...but the police had no physical evidence and really took a beating. So I would bet that here they are just using an abundance of caution.

The police chief alluded to "not having tunnel vision" a number of times. I think just are trying to dot their is and cross their ts.

nursebeeme
09-16-2009, 10:28 PM
omg thanks you guys! I needed those laughs!

amysmom
09-16-2009, 10:28 PM
thought this situation could use it's own thread as it does seem to be picking up a bit. The cromwell police have been asked to assist in surrounding the hotel room where Clark is staying.

~((moo))... It seems to me that an arrest may happen very soon. In light of the increased police presence DNA may be back and they are waiting on the arrest warrant ((moo))~

http://www.wfsb.com/news/20953818/detail.html

IIRC, it takes a few hrs to get arrest warrant?

OT..This was in link above:

The area where Les remains were found is used to store animals used for research.

Did we already know this?

Skigirl
09-16-2009, 10:30 PM
I wish they would arrest him already - I am about to turn into a pumpkin, but I believe deep down that he's guilty and I would really like for him to be in custody.

nursebeeme
09-16-2009, 10:31 PM

The area where Les remains were found is used to store animals used for research.

Did we already know this? I hadn't heard it! You should put it in the timeline thread!

amysmom
09-16-2009, 10:33 PM

snipped

Bet the media (circus) was there so he left for a motel.

amysmom
09-16-2009, 10:34 PM
I hadn't heard it! You should put it in the timeline thread!

K! Will do :)

f_stills
09-16-2009, 10:36 PM

I remember reading repeatedly that the basement in general is where the rodents are kept. We could read this information as saying the exact room in which Le was found is the room where animals are kept, or as saying that since she was found in the basement, and the basement is where the animals are, her remains were in that "area." Hard to say for sure.

Chanler
09-16-2009, 10:37 PM

Hi, Amysmom. I think that it might have been mentioned in the general discussion about the difficulty of locating the body, but I'm not certain. I'm gratified that you have added another point of possible evidence to the growing pile.

As for Clark at the hotel: I would guess that it has something to do with his fiancee (if indeed she still is). I would imagine that this might have been the final straw for his girlfriend.

A suicide attempt might be a real possibility, either now or later. Control freaks insist on making the decisions.

GolferChick
09-16-2009, 10:38 PM
Skigirl,
Yes, you are right...it seems these days, LE works under an enormous amount of pressure to "get it right the first time" - even with DNA testing and other available forensic technology. Their every move is scrutinized and defense lawyers add their spin. I believe in my heart that the majority of LE professionals are dedicated to justice for victims, see awful crimes every day and know the patterns/mind of criminals.

SeriouslySearching
09-16-2009, 10:40 PM
and to add to that... two city police forces surrounding the hotel... they are there for a reasonYes. This is exactly the way they handled taking down Chris Coleman. They openly put the pressure on him while they waited on the go ahead to arrest him.

Tonto
09-16-2009, 10:41 PM
I will be highly upset if LE was this painfully methodical with their investigation but subsequently 'allow' this perp to kill himself. This incredibly cute, witty, and brilliant young lady should have her revenge proxied by her 12 appointed peers with equal rage and equal result.

carmenugt
09-16-2009, 10:42 PM
Does anyone have the newsfeed that is broadcasting that the police have the hotel surrounded?

amysmom
09-16-2009, 10:43 PM
I remember reading repeatedly that the basement in general is where the rodents are kept. We could read this information as saying the exact room in which Le was found is the room where animals are kept, or as saying that since she was found in the basement, and the basement is where the animals are, her remains were in that "area." Hard to say for sure.

Very true but IF it was actually a room were animals were stored that is new & imp info..Wish we knew for sure.

bogeygal
09-16-2009, 10:44 PM
Still no news on Anderson Cooper's show. Hoping we hear something on the 11:00pm news here in the Northeast about the new developments or any arrest.

panthera
09-16-2009, 10:46 PM

Yes, and how ironic it was RC's job to take care of the research animals. MOO

nursebeeme
there is no news feed that I am aware of... however, how much you wanna bet that the media is setting up their cameras and such out there and doing mike checks

Beyond Belief
i can't help now but think of this boy's family. If he is arrested I hope they have the strength to endure the long road ahead of them. So many hurt because of this sensless act.

Chanler
09-16-2009, 10:47 PM
Skigirl,
Yes, you are right...it seems these days, LE works under an enormous amount of pressure to "get it right the first time" - even with DNA testing and other available forensic technology. Their every move is scrutinized and defense lawyers add their spin. I believe in my heart that the majority of LE professionals are dedicated to justice for victims, see awful crimes every day and know the patterns/mind of criminals.

Hi, GolferChick. We, the public, want every culprit arrested immediately, but that often partially freezes the building of the case. Talented law enforcement are willing to wait until the forensics are back and, if you're wise, you're also willing to wait until the interviewee or person of interest or suspect has stopped talking. When we don't get that instant action, we often blame the authorities when actually they're doing it right.

nursebeeme
09-16-2009, 10:48 PM
New Haven police are surrounding a Cromwell motel where the prime suspect in the murder of Yale grad student Annie Le is staying, according to several news outlets.
News reports speculate an arrest is imminent.
http://www.newhavenindependent.org/archives/2009/09/cops_stake_out.php

amysmom
09-16-2009, 10:53 PM
Hi, Amysmom. I think that it might have been mentioned in the general discussion about the difficulty of locating the body, but I'm not certain. I'm gratified that you have added another point of possible evidence to the growing pile.

As for Clark at the hotel: I would guess that it has something to do with his fiancee (if indeed she still is). I would imagine that this might have been the final straw for his girlfriend.

A suicide attempt might be a real possibility, either now or later. Control freaks insist on making the decisions.

They said he was with relatives (parents?) prior to the hotel so my guess is he left there when the media showed up..I think it is likely the same reason he did not return to his apt..I wish it was cos the gf wised up but last I heard she was still standing by him. :waitasec:

Beyond Belief
09-16-2009, 11:04 PM
If he wants to die all he has to do is open the door and start running. They'll shoot him. What in the heck got into him?:banghead:

bogeygal
09-16-2009, 11:06 PM
Local CBS NEWS NY here just gave a quick live report. Basically, the reporter said LE is outside the motel and waiting to get the DNA results back.

Guess that means they are keeping their eye on the POI and we'll have to wait to see when and if they make an arrest.

eta: OOPS, it was NBC NY TV not CBS, sorry!

SuziQ
09-16-2009, 11:07 PM
I wonder how many people are hovering over the poor DNA tech waiting for the results?

GolferChick
09-16-2009, 11:07 PM
From the Hartford Courant...sorry if this was already posted. Looks like LE knows the POI's location on the day of Annie's disappearance.

NEW HAVEN - Computer records show that lab technician Raymond Clark III, a "person of interest" in the slaying of Yale graduate student Annie Le, was the last person to see her alive, a law-enforcement source told The Courant today.

http://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/yale-annie-le/hc-annie-le-raymond-clark-yale-slaying,0,857789.story

SuziQ
09-16-2009, 11:08 PM
i can't help now but think of this boy's family. If he is arrested I hope they have the strength to endure the long road ahead of them. So many hurt because of this sensless act.

I've been thinking about his mom and dad. It makes me wonder why he's not at his parents house and instead at a Super 8 motel.

bogeygal
09-16-2009, 11:14 PM
I've been thinking about his mom and dad. It makes me wonder why he's not at his parents house and instead at a Super 8 motel.

I wonder if LE sealed up his apartment and he had no place to stay. At first the motel sounded like he was running away somewhere, but LE has been following his every move I bet.

Maybe his parent's want to avoid the media for now?

6angels
09-16-2009, 11:15 PM
Maybe the parents kicked him out? Either way I hope he does not take the coward way out. You did the crime you do the time.

panthera
09-16-2009, 11:16 PM
Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part but could this possibly be one of the very rare times when family isn't standing behind the (alleged) perp? I also understand he's got a public defender! MOO

justthinkin
09-16-2009, 11:17 PM
I hate to see breaking news cluttered with chit chat. Can we just leave comments here to the unfolding events on this?

Sloof
09-16-2009, 11:17 PM
I'm going to introduce the notion that he is not alone in the motel, that he and his family went to a neutral location to avoid the media circus... in vain.

Beyond Belief
09-16-2009, 11:19 PM
I am glad he's not at his parents. This is bad enough without subjecting them and any small children at home to the media circus. This was probably the attorney's idea.

jcamille
09-16-2009, 11:21 PM
The New Haven Register has a breaking news alert that their is a DNA Match with Clark and an arrest is imminent.

www.newhavenregister.com

CHICANA
09-16-2009, 11:24 PM
Is he alone ? Should he decide to take himself out, I don't want him to take anybody else with him ?
Where's the GF ?

Kat
09-16-2009, 11:27 PM
I can't get the link to a confirmed DNA match to work. Can someone tell me what is says in brief?

bogeygal
09-16-2009, 11:27 PM
The New Haven Register has a breaking news alert that their is a DNA Match with Clark and an arrest is imminent.

Snipped from the article. Thanks jcamille for the report

NEW HAVEN - Police have obtained a DNA match that implicates Raymond Clark III, 24, in the slaying of Yale graduate student Annie Le, police sources said late Wednesday.

Police have obtained, or are in the process of obtaining, an arrest warrant, the sources said.

jcamille
09-16-2009, 11:29 PM
NEW HAVEN - Police have obtained a DNA match that implicates Raymond Clark III, 24, in the slaying of Yale graduate student Annie Le, police sources said late Wednesday.

www.newhavenregister.com

hit refresh if it doesn't come up the first time.

smokinggun
09-16-2009, 11:29 PM
And we in New Haven can all sleep well tonight.

Kat
09-16-2009, 11:30 PM
Thank you jcmille :) I got it that time.

jcamille
09-16-2009, 11:32 PM
http://nhregister.com/articles/2009/09/16/news/new_haven/doc4ab1aba51aaa2626821913.txt

Here's another link on the DNA match.

masscph
09-16-2009, 11:34 PM

www.newhavenregister.com

hit refresh if it doesn't come up the first time.

its 5.32 in the morning here, i have to be at work at 11, i really hope when i wake up i read that he is safely in custody.

Beyond Belief
09-16-2009, 11:34 PM
Now the big question...Why?

smokinggun
09-16-2009, 11:36 PM

Now that they have a match and an imminent arrest, people will start talking.

Kat
09-16-2009, 11:36 PM
OT: But I'm profoundly sad. So sad that Annie's life was cut short, her potential denied to the world.

Sad for her fiance, and her family, her friends, her peers and classmates.

I'm also sad for this young man's family too. All these lives irrevocably changed. Just simply torn asunder.

masscph
09-16-2009, 11:37 PM

yes, why......hope he breaks down quick.

Beyond Belief
09-16-2009, 11:41 PM
I am going to go with jealousy. But i am prob wrong.

PrayersForMaura
09-16-2009, 11:43 PM
OT: But I'm profoundly sad. So sad that Annie's life was cut short, her potential denied to the world.

Sad for her fiance, and her family, her friends, her peers and classmates.

I'm also sad for this young man's family too. All these lives irrevocably changed. Just simply torn asunder.

I was just thinking this and about to post it myself.

Not only did he rip away Annie's life, but he ruined her fiance's live, his fiance's life, Annie's family's life, his family's lives .... how can they go back to work at Yale after this?
What in the world was he thinking?

Such a stupid, selfish act has torn apart so many lives of good people.
His fiance might not have had any inkling about this at all until the last few days. Her dreams crushed too. She is probably thanking God that she is alive and he didn't hurt her. :(

But I really feel for Annie's fiance right now.
To have his whole life ripped away from him ... plans made, his wedding day, family was in town ... so many plans made for a happy life suddenly crushed, ended. How do you move on after that?
I pray for him and Annie's family.

And I do pray for Clark's fiance and family, too.
None of them asked for this to be put on them, this huge burden. The guilt they probably feel too.

Lord, thank God for DNA.

nursebeeme
09-16-2009, 11:43 PM

www.newhavenregister.com (http://www.newhavenregister.com)

hit refresh if it doesn't come up the first time. something strange is going on

when I click on the newhavenregister homepage the breaking news alert is poof! gone! (about the dna match)

here we go again.............

christee
09-16-2009, 11:45 PM
I have a question-would Conn State Police be helping Cromwell Police with this?

nursebeeme
09-16-2009, 11:47 PM
http://www.fox61.com/videobeta/watch/?watch=b29ca961-f46d-4e57-9484-f3ad9e33d4fa&cat=empty&src=front&title=9/16 Clark Staying In Cromwell

video about hotel. He has been there since this morning/since he left the jail. some of his family has been seen entering the hotel. He is on the third floor and has the entire floor to himself

Kat
09-16-2009, 11:47 PM
something strange is going on

when I click on the newhavenregister homepage the breaking news alert is poof! gone! (about the dna match)

Just hit the refresh a couple times nursie. It came back up for me after I did that.

Missy70Texas
09-16-2009, 11:48 PM

Strange, I clicked on it and it was gone, something about warrants, then I clicked on it again and it was back to DNA match.

SuziQ
09-16-2009, 11:48 PM
Register: Clark DNA match for Le death

Updated: Wednesday, 16 Sep 2009, 11:42 PM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 16 Sep 2009, 11:02 PM EDT
<LI sizset="113" sizcache="75">Story by: Jamie Muro (http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/news_team/jamie_muro)
Story by: Bob Wilson (http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/news_team/bob_wilson)
New Haven (WTNH) - The New Haven Register said police have obtained a DNA match that implicates Raymond Clark III, 24, in the slaying of Yale graduate student Annie Le.
Police have obtained, or are in the process of obtaining, an arrest warrant, the sources said.
Police were in Cromwell, where Clark was staying in the Super 8 motel.

More at link:
http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/new_haven_cty/crime_wtnh_newhaven_who_killed_le_200909162300_rev 1

nursebeeme
09-16-2009, 11:49 PM

it is back up again now

(suziQ... are you there?? do you still have that salt? Do you perhaps have a salt lick handy? )

SuziQ
09-16-2009, 11:49 PM
http://www.fox61.com/videobeta/watch/?watch=b29ca961-f46d-4e57-9484-f3ad9e33d4fa&cat=empty&src=front&title=9/16 Clark Staying In Cromwell

video about hotel. He has been there since this morning/since he left the jail. some of his family has been seen entering the hotel. He is on the third floor and has the entire floor to himself]

The entire floor? Wow.

static
09-16-2009, 11:50 PM
I speculate the emails he sent Annie about the mice was simply to get her attention. Negative attention is better than no attention, in a stalker's mind. He probably joined the Asian Awareness group to impress her. Seems like he wanted her to notice him, and the fact that her wedding was so close...He was angry at her for not wanting or noticing him. JMO

Native New Yorker
09-16-2009, 11:51 PM
well, who would want to be on that floor with him?

nursebeeme
09-16-2009, 11:51 PM
Register: Clark DNA match for Le death

Updated: Wednesday, 16 Sep 2009, 11:42 PM EDT

Published : Wednesday, 16 Sep 2009, 11:02 PM EDT

<LI sizset="113" sizcache="75">Story by: Jamie Muro (http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/news_team/jamie_muro)
Story by: Bob Wilson (http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/news_team/bob_wilson)
New Haven (WTNH) - The New Haven Register said police have obtained a DNA match that implicates Raymond Clark III, 24, in the slaying of Yale graduate student Annie Le.
Police were in Cromwell, where Clark was staying in the Super 8 motel.

More at link:
http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/new_haven_cty/crime_wtnh_newhaven_who_killed_le_200909162300_rev 1
thank you Q! Your link also has the cromwell pd presser as well

SuziQ
09-16-2009, 11:53 PM
it is back up again now

(suziQ... are you there?? do you still have that salt? Do you perhaps have a salt lick handy? )

http://www.imageenvision.com/md/stock_photography/salt_shaker_cartoon_character_holding_a_pencil.jpg

PrayersForMaura
09-16-2009, 11:53 PM
]

The entire floor? Wow.

Seriously? I wondered that too. Why the whole floor?

mitzi
09-16-2009, 11:55 PM
Seriously? I wondered that too. Why the whole floor?

I would imagine that if anyone else was on the third floor, that LE had the motel contact them and move them to another floor for safety's sake.

lilpony
09-16-2009, 11:56 PM
Sheesh....How did they get the entire floor........

How sad...

passionflower
09-16-2009, 11:57 PM
How long does it take to get an arrest warrant..........surely it was ready and just needed signed by a judge in waiting.........I bet no one will sleep until RC is in jail!

'Ailina
09-16-2009, 11:58 PM
How long does it take to get an arrest warrant..........surely it was ready and just needed signed by a judge in waiting.........I bet no one will sleep until RC is in jail!

I know I won't.

Sola.N
09-16-2009, 11:58 PM
I would imagine that if anyone else was on the third floor, that LE had the motel contact them and move them to another floor for safety's sake.

Absolutely. And anybody still on that third floor who switched on the news was probably down at the front desk the next minute demanding to be moved!

passionflower
09-17-2009, 12:00 AM

Personally I would check out of motel and go somewhere else if I could......just in case something happened.....I wouldn't want to be a hostage!

I have been surfing all news channels and nothing..........looks like rerun news

mitzi
09-17-2009, 12:00 AM
Absolutely. And anybody still on that third floor who switched on the news was probably down at the front desk the next minute demanding to be moved!

Bold mine.

I know I would be...I think I'd even go so far as to check out. You just never know what may happen...stray bullets, etc.

bogeygal
09-17-2009, 12:01 AM

Updated 11:56pm:

This is news & video tonight, don't know if it has been posted.

Click on the video of the LE reporting.

christee
09-17-2009, 12:02 AM
I have a question-would Conn State Police be helping Cromwell Police with this?
Please? anyone?
Throw me a bone! lol
I have a good reason for askin'!

mitzi
09-17-2009, 12:03 AM
Personally I would check out of motel and go somewhere else if I could......just in case something happened.....I wouldn't want to be a hostage!

I have been surfing all news channels and nothing..........looks like rerun news

Bold mine.

GMTA!!!

nursebeeme
09-17-2009, 12:05 AM
Please? anyone?
Throw me a bone! lol
I have a good reason for askin'! sorry Christee... I didn't see your post! They were brought into the investigation to assist (nhpd is the primary). I would assume that they are still assisting

lilpony
09-17-2009, 12:05 AM
So do you think Clark has told his parents that he committed this crime? Or is he still saying he is innocent?

Kat
09-17-2009, 12:06 AM
Please? anyone?
Throw me a bone! lol
I have a good reason for askin'!

I'm sorry Christee, I have no clue and I don't know how to check either.

Tonto
09-17-2009, 12:06 AM
Premeditated murder can be second degree if there are no special circumstances such as rape or other particularly heinous acts committed in unison. I predict that if there was no rape or special circumstances, this will be a crime of passion charged as 2nd degree - even with the knowledge that strangulation implies (short-term) malicious forethought. Even if he is charged with 1st degree murder, I have a feeling that immediately taking advantage of his right to counsel will probably end up saving his life.

SeriouslySearching
09-17-2009, 12:07 AM
Since the DNA has been matched to Raymond Clark III and LE says an arrest is imminent, I thought we should wait it out together. I predict it won't be long now at all. Before morning, the warrant should be in place and RC III will be taken into custody for the murder of Annie Le.

Justice is coming swiftly. We only have to wait until the door closes behind him and the wheels of our judicial system begin to grind to make certain he never walks back out again.

New Haven (WTNH) - The New Haven Register reports police have obtained a DNA match that implicates Raymond Clark III, 24, in the slaying of Yale graduate student Annie Le.

SeriouslySearching
09-17-2009, 12:08 AM
Arrest Countdown Thread....3...2...1... - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

nursebeeme
09-17-2009, 12:10 AM
Arrest Countdown Thread:

Arrest Countdown Thread....3...2...1... - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4168122#post4168122) cool! (that's what I made this one for actually LOL)

'Ailina
Yeah, the wait is getting to me! I keep checking the network news (CNN, FOX, MSNBC), but it hasn't broken national yet. New Haven only.

passionflower

Updated 11:56pm:

This is news & video tonight, don't know if it has been posted.

Click on the video of the LE reporting.

I noticed under comments a person said person(s)
I am wondering how many people now think someone helped him clean up/ fire alarm etc..........

christee
09-17-2009, 12:13 AM
sorry Christee... I didn't see your post! They were brought into the investigation to assist (nhpd is the primary). I would assume that they are still assisting
Thx Nurse,
I'm asking because I'm listening to a live scanner feed of Conn State Police. There is hardly any conversation but I thought that would be good if anything happened it might be easy to catch it? If anyones' interested I can post it or if someones's listening to a different scanner feed I could listen to that one instead!

SeriouslySearching
A warrant won't take long to obtain and they know he isn't going anywhere. They will have him cuffed and stuffed in a couple of hours. They were only waiting on the DNA results and since they came back a match, a Judge will have no problem signing the warrant. They have the evidence placing him at the scene and as the one who murdered Annie.

Beyond Belief
We sure spend alot of time waiting, don't we?

Anyway it was said wound on his back. She was sort of tiny to be able to get her hand around to his back. Arm and chest yes, but the back. That seems odd.

Sola.N
09-17-2009, 12:14 AM
Bold mine.

I know I would be...I think I'd even go so far as to check out. You just never know what may happen...stray bullets, etc.

Srsly! How could you SLEEP with all that going on? Blue lights, people running around, helicopters from CNN overhead.

MLE
09-17-2009, 12:14 AM
With it being his last night of freedom, why did he pick the Super 8??? Staying at the Ritz Carlton and ordering room service Dom Perignon and filet would've been the thing to do. This guy is just full of bad decisions.

Emma Peel
09-17-2009, 12:15 AM
:rotfl:

arrest countdown thread?

leave it to SS!

ol' miss emma is rofl...ing

we're in WS chat ready to celebrate!

christee
09-17-2009, 12:15 AM
I'm sorry Christee, I have no clue and I don't know how to check either.
Ok, I'll let ya off the hook this time!
lol

MLE
09-17-2009, 12:16 AM
Srsly! How could you SLEEP with all that going on? Blue lights, people running around, helicopters from CNN overhead.

Any word on his room number so we can prank call him?

'Ailina

Anyway it was said wound on his back. She was sort of tiny to be able to get her hand around to his back. Arm and chest yes, but the back. That seems odd.

Not if the wound was something other than a scratch. I know when my kids horse around in the living room, they get all kinds of injuries, banging into furniture, things hanging on the wall, etc.

A violent struggle for one's life could very well have thrown them up against all sorts of dangerous things in the basement. A wall corner could do that, too.

(Sorry if this is OT.)

Sola.N
I have a feeling this thing is going to be incredibly ugly when all the facts come out. Even more stunningly ugly than it already is.

barb0301
09-17-2009, 12:17 AM
"Updated: 11:41 p.m.) A press conference has been set for 7 a.m. Thursday to announce what is anticipated to be an arrest in the murder of Yale graduate student Annie Le.
Late into Wednesday night, New Haven police were surrounding a Cromwell motel where the prime suspect in the murder is staying."

http://www.newhavenindependent.org/archives/2009/09/cops_stake_out.php

Won't be long now !!

SeriouslySearching
09-17-2009, 12:17 AM
Cops in Annie Le case to seek arrests via DNA matches

NEW HAVEN, Conn. - Hours after a medical examiner's report was released saying Yale graduate student Annie Le was strangled, New Haven police said they will seek an arrest warrant for anyone whose DNA is a match to any of hundreds of items seized in the investigation.

New Haven Police Chief James Lewis said at a news conference Wednesday that the dozens of FBI and Connecticut troopers who swarmed Raymond Clark's Ferry Street apartment in Middletown, Conn., Tuesday night were taking him in by court order to extract DNA samples from his body.

"If we have one match on a person that we know was at that location, we will be going for an arrest warrant," he said. "It's all up to the lab now."

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/crime/cops-in-annie-le-case-to-seek-arrests-via-dna-matches-1.1452068 BBM

lilpony
09-17-2009, 12:18 AM
any word on his room number so we can prank call him?

lol........

MLE
How many floors is that Super 8 and do they have a trampoline under his balcony to prevent him from taking the easy way out?

barb0301

And hitting F5 key :banghead:

passionflower
09-17-2009, 12:19 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/TV/09/16/obit.henry.gibson/index.html
Henry Gibson died also today.....searching news just found this

Sola.N
Any word on his room number so we can prank call him?

LOL!

Do they have in-room phones at the Super 8? Some less expensive motels don't.

I agree that the '8 was an odd choice for one's last night of freedom. He should've holed up somewhere nicer.

barb0301
How many floors is that Super 8 and do they have a trampoline under his balcony to prevent him from taking the easy way out?

Over in the other thread about him being holed up in the Super 8, it says he is on the 3rd floor, and has the entire floor to himself.

SeriouslySearching
09-17-2009, 12:20 AM
As soon as he is arrested...I will change the title. ;)

smokinggun
09-17-2009, 12:21 AM
There aren't a lot of nice hotels in the area outside of New Haven (and we know staying in New Haven was out for him). No Ritzes...

I hope he had a nice meal as a free man.

SeriouslySearching
09-17-2009, 12:23 AM
How many floors is that Super 8 and do they have a trampoline under his balcony to prevent him from taking the easy way out?They probably do actually have men stationed underneath to catch him if he "falls". They would not want their suspect to hurt himself before they can apply the death penalty.

Beyond Belief
09-17-2009, 12:23 AM
Do we have any other missing girls in the areas he's lived?

nursebeeme
09-17-2009, 12:24 AM
perhaps we should ask a mod to merge this thread and the one I started (hotel thread)... I started it with the same intention (to await arrest) but didn't want to use the "A" word until it actually happened.... the same type of info is being posted on both threads.

'Ailina
09-17-2009, 12:25 AM
Finally hit FOX ticker.

passionflower
09-17-2009, 12:25 AM
LOL!

I agree that the '8 was an odd choice for one's last night of freedom. He should've holed up somewhere nicer.

I would hope LE would be smart enough to take phone away, this nut might do suicide by phone cord!

passionflower
09-17-2009, 12:28 AM

I just saw a link and tried to move it over but I couldn't get it to work.......
so rumor for now........the girl that dropped the charge of rape.......was forced by sodemy..........wonder if this is his MO. It's under comments on last news article.

nursebeeme
09-17-2009, 12:28 AM
one of the videos I posted (the first one about cromwell) said there are undercover agents outside AND INSIDE of the hotel. this is a good thing eh?

SeriouslySearching
09-17-2009, 12:29 AM
Any word on his room number so we can prank call him?hehehe Good one.

Lovejac
09-17-2009, 12:29 AM
I thought I read somewhere today that he was engaged to be married in Dec 2011, anyone else see that?

nursebeeme
09-17-2009, 12:30 AM
Lovejac... yup (wedding December 2011)

christee
09-17-2009, 12:31 AM
I thought I read somewhere today that he was engaged to be married in Dec 2011, anyone else see that?
Hi LJ,
I posted earlier w/ that link but someone else could have mentioned it also!

passionflower
09-17-2009, 12:32 AM

Dec 20,2011 IIRC

nursebeeme
Police have obtained a DNA match implicating a research technician in the murder of Yale graduate student Annie Le, police sources reportedly said late Wednesday.
The results were expected to show a connection between Raymond Clark III, 24, to more than 250 pieces of evidence collected from the crime scene.
According to the New Haven Register, police have obtained, or are in the process of obtaining, an arrest warrant against Clark

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,551200,00.html

Beyond Belief
So we wait...........................:banghead:

just read the college gang rape, 4 arrested, been dropped. victim lied.

SeriouslySearching
09-17-2009, 12:33 AM
perhaps we should ask a mod to merge this thread and the one I started (hotel thread)... I started it with the same intention (to await arrest) but didn't want to use the "A" word until it actually happened.... the same type of info is being posted on both threads.I did this thread in particular to be ready for the actual arrest. I will change the name as soon as he is arrested so we will have the conversation and the links ready to roll when the news hits.

We can still use your thread up until that time. :) I would hate to merge them since it is really meant for the immediate aftermath of the arrest.

nursebeeme
09-17-2009, 12:34 AM
gottcha! you are prepping the arrested thread! You are thinking ahead ;-) btw... this hit mainstream media now.... http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,551200,00.html

'Ailina
09-17-2009, 12:35 AM
Does anyone know if he's alone in his room? Does he have GF or family members with him?

6angels
09-17-2009, 12:35 AM
cool! (that's what I made this one for actually LOL)
That's what I thought this one was for to. I don't know if I can keep up with two threads LOL So please post here if( sorry when) he is arrested.

Lovejac
09-17-2009, 12:36 AM
Hi LJ,
I posted earlier w/ that link but someone else could have mentioned it also!

Ah hah! That's where I saw it!

PrayersForMaura
09-17-2009, 12:36 AM

Maura Murray comes to mind. Not sure how close to where she went missing that Clark would've been though.

nursebeeme
09-17-2009, 12:37 AM
SS just told me she made the other thread for when he is arrested... will change the title when it happens...

'Ailena, one of the videos I posted here said that his family was seen entering the hotel (I posted it under the link as well... the video was really good... I forget which page it is on now)

Lovejac
09-17-2009, 12:38 AM
Does anyone know if he's alone in his room? Does he have GF or family members with him?

LOL! If I was his GF he wouldn't want me in there with him :furious:

6angels
09-17-2009, 12:39 AM
There aren't a lot of nice hotels in the area outside of New Haven (and we know staying in New Haven was out for him). No Ritzes...

I hope he had a nice meal as a free man.
I hope his last meal gives him food poisoning

crocus
09-17-2009, 12:39 AM
Annie - we're here in numbers for you! Godspeed to justice for you.

nursebeeme
09-17-2009, 12:40 AM
Raymond Clarks DNA is a match to evidence police collected at the Amistad Street lab where the body of Yale graduate student Annie Le was found hidden in a wall Sunday, sources said late Wednesday.

Police were converging on a Super 8 motel in Cromwell where an arrest warrant was expected to be served on Clark this morning. Clark took refuge at the motel after being released from police custody early Wednesday after providing police with a DNA sample. Police have had the motel under surveillance since then to ensure Clark would not try to elude them.

http://www.middletownpress.com/articles/2009/09/16/news/doc4ab1b7c80e417441563894.txt

Lovejac
09-17-2009, 12:41 AM
sorry if this has been posted

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=112879863

SeriouslySearching
Report: Yale Tech DNA Matches, Arrest Imminent

Police have obtained a DNA match implicating a research technician in the murder of Yale graduate student Annie Le, police sources reportedly said late Wednesday.

The results of the DNA test were expected to show a connection between Raymond Clark III, 24, to more than 250 pieces of evidence collected from the crime scene.

According to the New Haven Register, police have obtained, or are now in the process of obtaining, an arrest warrant against Clark, who had been named a "person of interest" in the case.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,551200,00.html BBM

nursebeeme
looks like you may get to change your title real soon SS!
http://www.middletownpress.com/articles/2009/09/16/news/doc4ab1b7c80e417441563894.txt

passionflower
SS just told me she made the other thread for when he is arrested... will change the title when it happens...

'Ailena, one of the videos I posted here said that his family was seen entering the hotel (I posted it under the link as well... the video was really good... I forget which page it is on now)

I hope he let's them go and no hostage thing.......IMO, LE will wait til family says their good byes as a free man.........

6angels
09-17-2009, 12:43 AM
sorry if this has been posted

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=112879863
Photo from above link . Gosh she was beautiful. Everytime I see her photo I just cry.
http://media.npr.org/images/ap//AP_News_Wire:_US_News/1_Missing_Yale_Student.sff_300.jpg?t=1253162051

Lovejac
09-17-2009, 12:43 AM
from the article above

Clark, his fiancee, his sister and his brother-in-law all work for Yale as animal lab technicians

How odd is that?

6angels
09-17-2009, 12:44 AM
I hope he let's them go and no hostage thing.......IMO, LE will wait til family says their good byes as a free man.........
He should not get a chance to say good bye :( she didnt get to

Amster
09-17-2009, 12:44 AM
I wonder if his attorney is with him?

SeriouslySearching
09-17-2009, 12:45 AM
LE doesn't give a rip if he says his goodbyes to anyone. He didn't allow Annie to say goodbye to those who loved her. They will not show him ANY consideration once they obtain the warrant and go in for the arrest unless it is legally demanded.

passionflower
09-17-2009, 12:45 AM
LOL! If I was his GF he wouldn't want me in there with him :furious:

I would beg my daughter not to go to him and if she said she was going I'd lock her in the closet! I swear I would be so worried for her!

amysmom
09-17-2009, 12:46 AM
Wonder what this KILLER (who knows he is busted) has been doing since he gave his DNA..Any thoughts?

nursebeeme
he was released to atty at 3am yesterday and they went right to the hotel. I would think he is still there with him on the third floor (have also heard it reported that his family is there as well) video is in the hotel thread.. good video btw...

sc2714
Awww no live webcam outside the motel?

Melanie
09-17-2009, 12:47 AM
I will be highly upset if LE was this painfully methodical with their investigation but subsequently 'allow' this perp to kill himself. This incredibly cute, witty, and brilliant young lady should have her revenge proxied by her 12 appointed peers with equal rage and equal result.

If he kills himself = guilty. I always appreciate saving tax dollars $. Just like the reality tv dude who killed himself in the hotel a month ago (after stuffing his wife in a suitcase). If the DNA comes back as a match, and he kills himself, I won't be disappointed.

MOO

Mel

Lovejac
09-17-2009, 12:47 AM
I would beg my daughter not to go to him and if she said she was going I'd lock her in the closet! I swear I would be so worried for her!

Reminds me of that poor fiancee of the Craigs List Killer.

nursebeeme
09-17-2009, 12:48 AM
(nurse tapping fingers)... arrest him already!

crocus
09-17-2009, 12:48 AM
According to a source, Clark drew the attention of authorities even before Les body was found.

When he was questioned by the FBI, agents took note of numerous injuries on his body, the source said, including what appeared to be bruises and abrasions on his arms, a mark under his eye, a scratch on his ear, and a bruise or deep scratch to his chest.

When questioned, he said some of the injuries were a scratch from a cat. Others he attributed to playing softball.

He had excuses for everything, the source said.

It was when officials started taking pictures of his injuries that Clark reportedly appeared to get nervous and asked for an attorney.

Lovejac
09-17-2009, 12:49 AM
(nurse tapping fingers)... arrest him already!

And that reminds me of waiting for LE to arrest Chris Coleman!!

passionflower
09-17-2009, 12:49 AM
I'm still channel surfing...........no go
what is the police scanner saying?........isn't someone listening???

christee
09-17-2009, 12:50 AM
Oh how annoying!
State police scanner feed went offline!
wonder if it means anything!

nursebeeme
09-17-2009, 12:51 AM
oh how annoying!
Wonder if it means anything! certainly could

Amster
I have a strange urge to see him being dragged out of the motel room, kicking and screaming.....and tazered!

passionflower
Oh how annoying!
wonder if it means anything!

sometimes they use their walkie talkies or a phone...........
something is happening when they do that!!!

MLE
09-17-2009, 12:52 AM
I have a strange urge to see him being dragged out of the motel room, kicking and screaming.....and tazered!

That would seal his fate as the prison *****.

Kat
Okay folks I can't hang. I have to go to bed. But thank you for keeping these threads up to date and I know when I get up in the AM I'll have a lot of reading to catch up on and RC will be in jail.

:seeya:

Lovejac

I don't find that strange at all!

SeriouslySearching
Awww no live webcam outside the motel?Local Fox usually takes care of that...hmmmmm...:waitasec:

nursebeeme
09-17-2009, 12:53 AM
sometimes they use their walkie talkies or a phone...........
something is happening when they do that!!!
in a high profile case like this where they want to get the suspect into custody the safest way would you think they would use radio silence? or use a secure channel?

Beyond Belief
09-17-2009, 12:54 AM
All he's doing is sitting in a room crying. He can do that at the jail house.
Anyone got an input on what he'll end up being charged with?

SeriouslySearching
09-17-2009, 12:54 AM
I have a strange urge to see him being dragged out of the motel room, kicking and screaming.....and tazered!"Don't taze me, Bro!!"

6angels
09-17-2009, 12:55 AM
My husband said when it is a high profile case like this they don't use scanners but cells etc. ( or his department does) and he said if they have to have it over the scanner it will be in code.

passionflower

he is a coward, killing a tiny 90 lb girl!
like to see him fight a big guy!!!!
not to macho then!!!

OT/ but 1st death by swine flu in PA might be near me!!!
http://kdka.com/health/H1N1.death.investigation.2.1188348.html
she is well known here, so sad

nursebeeme
goodnight Kitty Kat! I am about done in for too...

SS,
www.fox61.com (http://www.fox61.com)

That is the local fox... they do have a reporter out there... they said they would roll film when stuff goes down (per one of their video reports)

SeriouslySearching
All he's doing is sitting in a room crying. He can do that at the jail house.
Anyone got an input on what he'll end up being charged with?I am going for First Degree Murder with Aggravating Circumstances.

nursebeeme
09-17-2009, 12:56 AM
I second that... first degree with aggs

passionflower
09-17-2009, 12:57 AM
He may be in jail before we here anything, because of security reasons and media hoopla.........

Beyond Belief
I am sure they are more than po'd at him for dragging this out.

CocoChanel
Gosh...this is when we could use a Twitter feed from someone close by that hotel.....bet SOMEone is Twittering on this....but I have no idea how to find it!! Anyone???

Lovejac
09-17-2009, 12:58 AM
With his fiance working at the same lab, I wonder if she suspected anything. Like if he had a crush on Annie.

Native New Yorker
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/17/nyregion/17yale.html?pagewanted=1&ref=nyregion

latest article on him, more on his past, how he got the job,etc.

passionflower
I am going for First Degree Murder with Aggravating Circumstances.

esp! if he did anything like dismembering her body!

6angels
09-17-2009, 12:59 AM
Husband also said there is no reason to use a scanner seeing they are at the hotel. They will just call the detective and tell them to go. Or use a code word such as easter bunny ( whatever code word you want to use which will = arrest)

Amster
09-17-2009, 12:59 AM
"Don't taze me, Bro!!"

:biglaugh:

ROFL

bogeygal
09-17-2009, 01:00 AM
It's past my bedtime.

Prayer's tonight for Annie's family, fiance & friends. Hopefully we will learn of an arrest and justice will be served.

Good nite sleuthers!

Lovejac
esp! if he did anything like dismembering her body!

:eek: :eek: :eek: Huh?????

Beyond Belief
The violent fight they had makes you wonder if the strangling was just the ending of a fight. I am just not able to comprehend out right killing.

SeriouslySearching
He may be in jail before we here anything, because of security reasons and media hoopla.........Not a chance! While LE is staking him out...the press is staking them out. :)

mom_of_five
09-17-2009, 01:01 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/17/nyregion/17yale.html?_r=1&ref=nyregion

This article states that the police ARE looking at others in connection to Annie's death.

MLE
09-17-2009, 01:01 AM
I was sort of embarrassed one time when an ex-girlfriend kept calling me leaving crazy messages on my speakerphone when I had people over at my apartment. I can only imagine how embarrassed she feels right now with her crazy guy in the world media like this. I feel sorry for her.

crocus
09-17-2009, 01:02 AM
Shoot, when I clicked on the link it said I must be a registered member to read. :banghead:

SeriouslySearching
Husband also said there is no reason to use a scanner seeing they are at the hotel. They will just call the detective and tell them to go. Or use a code word such as easter bunny ( whatever code word you want to use which will = arrest)How about they use the term "Call in the Exterminator."?

Lovejac
Has anyone seen a picture of his fiance?

passionflower
09-17-2009, 01:03 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: Huh?????

different articles and links in the forum have said that he took her apart I'm to tired to look. I'm getting my nighty on, brb.........

john's mom
With his fiance working at the same lab, I wonder if she suspected anything. Like if he had a crush on Annie.

I read tonight on one of the news sites that she passed her LDT, so I don't think she's involved....if it's true she passed.

SeriouslySearching

This article states that the police ARE looking at others in connection to Annie's death.I believe it is only because they were accused of having blinders on when they investigated Jovin's murder 11 years ago.

6angels
09-17-2009, 01:05 AM
I was sort of embarrassed one time when an ex-girlfriend kept calling me leaving crazy messages on my speakerphone when I had people over at my apartment. I can only imagine how embarrassed she feels right now with her crazy guy in the world media like this. I feel sorry for her.
I'll feel sorry for her when they say she had nothing to do with this IMO.

MLE
09-17-2009, 01:05 AM
Has anyone seen a picture of his fiance?

Yeah. She's sort of cute in one or two of the photos. Definitely cuter than Bubba will be.

6angels
09-17-2009, 01:06 AM
How about they use the term "Call in the Exterminator."?
I don't care if they call it Santa , the Exterminator, Easter Bunny etc as long as they get him.

Lovejac
09-17-2009, 01:07 AM
different articles and links in the forum have said that he took her apart I'm to tired to look. I'm getting my nighty on, brb.........

Wow, thanks, I missed that! I'll find it. Good Lord, she was a tiny girl, what would he have to "take apart"....*shudder*

scandi
09-17-2009, 01:08 AM
LE doesn't give a rip if he says his goodbyes to anyone. He didn't allow Annie to say goodbye to those who loved her. They will not show him ANY consideration once they obtain the warrant and go in for the arrest unless it is legally demanded.

Hi SS, I just got home. Why don't they just go in and grab him? Are they waiting for the warrant to be signed by a judge? His DNA must have matched for them to storm the hotel, right? ??? ???

Ta ;}

static
09-17-2009, 01:08 AM
LOL!

He knows he doesn't deserve any place nicer. He knows.

SeriouslySearching
09-17-2009, 01:09 AM
Hi SS, I just got home. Why don't they just go in and grab him? Are they waiting for the warrant to be signed by a judge? His DNA must have matched for them to storm the hotel, right? ??? ???

Ta ;}Yes, they have a positive match to his DNA. They are only waiting on the warrant.

6angels
09-17-2009, 01:09 AM

Ta ;}
they can't mess this up. If they get him before the warrent or mess ANY thing up it can be thrown out of court.

nursebeeme
09-17-2009, 01:10 AM
Hey Scandi,
They didn't storm the hotel (at least not yet that we know of). They are surrounding it and him. His dna is being reported as a match and an arrest looms. (missed you round here girl!)

Lovejac
09-17-2009, 01:11 AM

This article states that the police ARE looking at others in connection to Annie's death.

Maybe they think someone might have helped him after the fact??? He had a bunch of family members working there too.

scandi
09-17-2009, 01:12 AM
he is a coward, killing a tiny 90 lb girl!
like to see him fight a big guy!!!!
not to macho then!!!

OT/ but 1st death by swine flu in PA might be near me!!!
http://kdka.com/health/H1N1.death.investigation.2.1188348.html
she is well known here, so sad

I'm sorry to hear that Passionflower, and hope you keep washing your hands. ;}

christee
09-17-2009, 01:13 AM
"don't taze me, bro!!"
lmao!
:floorlaugh:

Lovejac
09-17-2009, 01:16 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,551200,00.html?test=latestnews

Jersey*Girl
09-17-2009, 01:16 AM
Super 8 Motel Cromwell, CT
http://www.super8.com/Super8/control/Booking/property_info?propertyId=03382

http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt263/spedtial/s8m.jpg

Hotel Overview (wonder if he has internet on his cell phone):
Welcome to our Super 8 of Cromwell your home away for home for business or for pleasure. We are conveniently located just off I-91 at exit 21 in central Connecticut. We offer you a spacious guest room with our Complimentary SuperStart Breakfast each day and plenty of free parking for our guests, trucks and tour buses. Our rooms feature 1 king bed or 1 or 2 queen size beds with in-room coffee makers, alarm clock radios, hairdryers and refrigerators. For your enjoyment we offer HBO and many other premium television stations; free High Speed Wireless Internet access; Business Center in the Lobby; special rates for long term guests and so much more.
Nearby you can enjoy the beautiful Connecticut River Valley. Restaurants, schools, colleges, universities, churches and hospitals are all nearby. The annual PGA Travelers Championship Golf Tournament is only 5 miles away from our Super 8. If you are visiting Hartford or New Haven we are only a short drive away and close to the Amtrak Train Station and Bradley International Airport.
We honor the WyndhamRewards Card and the See You Along the Way FREE coffee Travel Mug program. Sorry NO Pets.
We look forward to having you visit us at the Super 8 of Cromwell, CT.

passionflower
09-17-2009, 01:17 AM
I took my meds and now I can't keep my eyes open..........
darn I want to see the arrest.........guess it will be all over the news in morning!
C youns in the morn!

scandi
09-17-2009, 01:17 AM
Hey Scandi,
They didn't storm the hotel (at least not yet that we know of). They are surrounding it and him. His dna is being reported as a match and an arrest looms. (missed you round here girl!)

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h276/DianneOnly/sm_rose.gif Thanks Nurse. I am so glad to be back and seems like I came at an exciting moment in the case!

Do you know how we will hear the news of the arrest? Do we have a local on the lookout? Live feed? xox

nursebeeme
09-17-2009, 01:19 AM
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h276/DianneOnly/sm_rose.gif Thanks Nurse. I am so glad to be back and seems like I came at an exciting moment in the case!

Do you know how we will hear the news of the arrest? Do we have a local on the lookout? Live feed? xox
we don't have jack squat! Someone call Kathi Belich so we can get some good coverage! Glad you are back... missed you!

scandi
I took my meds and now I can't keep my eyes open..........
darn I want to see the arrest.........guess it will be all over the news in morning!
C youns in the morn!

Oh, can't you try toothpicks? LOL We'll beam you the news by mental telepathy. Sleep tight and we'll see you in the morning. :blowkiss:

Lovejac
from the link I posted

Clark is a Yale staff member who did custodial work at the laboratory, such as cleaning mouse cages. He has three relatives — his fiance, his sister and brother-in-law — that do similar work at the Yale lab.

Clark and several other people have been under constant surveillance. The New Haven Police chief declined to say who those people were.

christee
09-17-2009, 01:20 AM
Oh ok, a 'nightgown'-for a second I thought something else...
It's gettin' late...

MLE
09-17-2009, 01:20 AM
Super 8 Motel Cromwell, CT

http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt263/spedtial/s8m.jpg

Hotel Overview (wonder if he has internet on his cell phone):

And if so, is he logged onto Websleuths so he can stay posted on his situation?

nursebeeme
09-17-2009, 01:21 AM
goodnight passion! I am about ready to kick off too....

Beyond Belief
09-17-2009, 01:22 AM
For pete's sake get the judge out of bed and lets get this moving!:banghead:

scandi
09-17-2009, 01:23 AM
we don't have jack squat! Someone call Kathi Belich so we can get some good coverage! Glad you are back... missed you!

Where is Puffster? I missed you too but I had to drive from Portland to Salem, 60 miles, get my grandaughter, drive back and take her home. I pushed the petal to the metal, legally of course. :innocent:

I don't know who else is local. If it was happening here I'd drive over and scope it out. Ya Baby :back:, yea, even driving backwards if I had to. LOL

christee
09-17-2009, 01:23 AM
Is this the motel Clark's at?

ETA-carp,hang on brb

scandi
09-17-2009, 01:25 AM
For pete's sake get the judge out of bed and lets get this moving!:banghead:

How long have the police been at the hotel? I can't see why the holdup :waitasec:

SeriouslySearching
09-17-2009, 01:25 AM
That place will look like a five star hotel in comparison to where he will be going very soon. I hope he is taking advantage of the single shower stall and the lock on his bathroom door for now. It will be the end of privacy for those things for him.

luvmygarden
09-17-2009, 01:26 AM
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?ctid=308

I am trying to see if there is anything on this police scanner for new haven
haven't heard anything yet but thought I would post it just in case.

Lovejac
09-17-2009, 01:26 AM
Will someone look at this and tell me what it is?????

http://www.folkd.com/url/ready2beat.com%2Fcurrent-news%2Fgeneral-news%2Fraymond-clark-iii-jennifer-hromadka-annie-le-body-found-video

Beyond Belief
09-17-2009, 01:30 AM
looks like a rumour

Lovejac
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2009/09/16/2009-09-16_report_police_nearing_arrest_after_dna_linked_r aymond_clark_to_annie_le_murder.html

Swipe cards Le and Clark used to move through different areas of college buildings showed they were in the same room shortly after 10 a.m. on Sept. 8, The Hartford Courant reported.

Le, 24, wasn't seen alive after that, and her card wasn't used again. But Clark swiped into the area where she was found strangled five days later in a crawlspace, a law enforcement source told the paper.

nursebeeme
Mr. Clark grew up in a rented gray house in a working-class neighborhood of aspirations when a nearby factory was humming. Jim Garrett, 65, who lives two doors down, said the house the Clarks lived in deteriorated as the years went by and the factory closed, and eventually Mr. Clark’s parents moved out. They went to a condominium in Cromwell, Conn., north of Middletown, where Mr. Clark’s mother works in the Wal-Mart across the street.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/17/nyregion/17yale.html?pagewanted=2&ref=nyregion

well this certainly explains why he is in a hotel in Cromwell

Lovejac
09-17-2009, 01:31 AM
looks like a rumour

Is that a twitter??

Rhyme & Reason
Not sure if this is the correct thread to post this but they have a DNA match & have or are in the process of getting the arrest warrant!

Oops, now I see it's already been posted! Sorry!

nursebeeme

http://www.folkd.com/url/ready2beat.com%2Fcurrent-news%2Fgeneral-news%2Fraymond-clark-iii-jennifer-hromadka-annie-le-body-found-video
I think that was a news report from india or somewhere like that... it was just a bunch o bunk iirc

christee
09-17-2009, 01:32 AM
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?ctid=308

I am trying to see if there is anything on this police scanner for new haven
haven't heard anything yet but thought I would post it just in case.
I've been listening to New Haven on RR since State Police went offline and so far nothing, at least that I can understand!

john's mom
09-17-2009, 01:32 AM

Wow....I haven't seen that before about the airport, and I've been watching this all day, so I tend to think it's not true. BUT if you click on the headline, it takes you to a page with a pic of him w/ girlfriend.

PS....where have you been LJ, I've missed you!!

MLE
09-17-2009, 01:35 AM
Maybe he booked the whole floor so he can get the soap out of each room and make soap on a rope to protect his virginity. Karma will suck for him when his soap falls off his rope like Annie's bead fell from her necklace and he has to bend over to pick it up.

scandi

I didn't look at the time it was posted, but it sounds like he and Jen tried to get away and were captured at some airport :waitasec:

NOT confirmed this is the case.

Toi

A glimpse in to the future lol

SeriouslySearching
09-17-2009, 01:37 AM
Not sure if this is the correct thread to post this but they have a DNA match & have or are in the process of getting the arrest warrant!

Oops, now I see it's already been posted! Sorry!We don't mind hearing it again. ;)

butterfly1978
Wanted to jump in here and say :woohoo: and HELLO to LoveJac... Missed you girl..

Jersey*Girl
Hi Lovejac!
Long time no talk to! Crazy case, huh?

scandi
09-17-2009, 01:38 AM
goodnight passion! I am about ready to kick off too....

Nurse, you know the minute you hit the hay is when it will all go down. Those local New Haven journos have to be up there waiting to tell the world.

nursebeeme
ITA... it is great news!

MLE
I didn't look at the time it was posted, but it sounds like he and Jen tried to get away and were captured at some airport :waitasec:

NOT confirmed this is the case.

If true, I wonder where his destination was going to be. Las Vegas? Peshawar?

'Ailina
09-17-2009, 01:39 AM
Good GRIEF, CNN is slow on the uptake! "Latest" is from the last presser. (grumble)

SeriouslySearching
09-17-2009, 01:39 AM
NEW HAVEN - Computer records show that lab technician Raymond Clark III, a "person of interest" in the slaying of Yale graduate student Annie Le, was the last person to see her alive, a law-enforcement source told The Courant today.

Investigators traced Le's and Clark's movements through their computerized swipe cards, said the source, who is familiar with the investigation. Le entered the Yale laboratory at 10 Amistad St. at about 10 a.m. on Sept. 8. She passed through a basement lab area moments later. Then she swiped her way into a separate room of that lab.

Clark entered that same room a short time later, the source said, citing the computer records. Le was never seen again and her card was never used again.

Clark had moved around the laboratory area quite a bit that day, including entering rooms that he normally would not expected to be in, the source said.

http://www.fox61.com/hc-annie-le-raymond-clark-yale-slaying,0,4024462.story BBM

Lovejac
09-17-2009, 01:40 AM
Thanks guys, I missed it here too. :blowkiss: My beloved stepfather passed away in July after battling COPD & CHF. It hit me very hard. We are getting better every day.

Lovejac
09-17-2009, 01:41 AM
Nurse, you know the minute you hit the hay is when it will all go down. Those local New Haven journos have to be up there waiting to tell the world.

Go to bed, Nurse! Hurry, go to bed!!

nursebeeme
If true, I wonder where his destination was going to be. Las Vegas? Peshawar? I saw that article the first time it came out (like three days ago or so) and saw it was from India... and of course he had not been arrested. I don' think there is anything to it... moo of course

Lovejac
If true, I wonder where his destination was going to be. Las Vegas? Peshawar?

Hell.....:angel: