PDA

View Full Version : Searching for Anna - #4

Cubby
09-23-2009, 02:25 PM
That last thread was getting a bit long. I hope no one minds I started another. Will ask the mods to lock the last one.

Pink Panther
09-23-2009, 04:26 PM
That last thread was getting a bit long. I hope no one minds I started another. Will ask the mods to lock the last one.
Good idea Cubby! Perhaps a chance to start anew with additional info!

: )

Annasmom
09-25-2009, 11:06 AM
Today is Anna's 42nd birthday. Wherever you are, blessings and love, my girl!

raf
09-25-2009, 12:36 PM
Happy Birthday Anna!

http://www.eurofiori.it/foto/rose_new2007m.jpg
raf

Cubby
09-25-2009, 12:39 PM
Happy Birthday Anna!

:birthday: :hug: :birthday: :hug: :birthday:

OzzieMum
09-25-2009, 04:33 PM
Happy Birthday Anna

Pink Panther
09-25-2009, 07:20 PM
Has anyone ever set up some sort of a listing such as...

Is anyone looking for me?

I am blond (now a bit brunette), brown eyed, I look a bit like this, I remember this, I think I lived here, I think my Mother's name was/could be this, I think I'm adopted/abducted, I may have lived here, I remember this...

Is there such a place on the internet where those that could be searching can look???

Just thinking out loud!

Happy Birthday Anna! : )

Cubby
09-25-2009, 10:17 PM

I am blond (now a bit brunette), brown eyed, I look a bit like this, I remember this, I think I lived here, I think my Mother's name was/could be this, I think I'm adopted/abducted, I may have lived here, I remember this...

Is there such a place on the internet where those that could be searching can look???

Just thinking out loud!

IIRC, I think so. Do a search for the entire forum... I remember reading something about it but not sure where.... I think it was GinaM who may have added the info? Will look but won't have a few days until I can. Anyone?

SherlockJr
09-25-2009, 11:57 PM
:balloons::birthday_party::partyguy:

Today is Anna's 42nd birthday. Wherever you are, blessings and love, my girl!

Wow, I barely made it back home in time to wish Anna a very Happy Birthday!

smile22
09-26-2009, 07:25 AM
happy birthday anna

Mystic
09-26-2009, 11:09 AM
Happy Birthday Anna!

Mystic
09-26-2009, 11:50 AM

Just thinking out loud!

Pink Panther, I believe we are thinking along the same lines. I'm wondering how costly it is to do the age progressed picture? I've been considering a different type of layout for a poster. How I came to it is by pre-supposing a number of things:

*That Anna does not know she was is adopted or abducted.

*Any recollections have been either re-framed or pushed aside as she can't place them?

*Anna, as many others may not see a resemblance initially to herself from a picture but others who know her would.

*Attempting to use images that could trigger memories and feelings she has had could work

I've thought of revisiting the age-progressed picture and having it updated. Make it larger on the poster and additionally add a couple of other smaller photos which may be kinestically recalled. From a child’s point of view with recollection, she may not remember her own face but would of her mothers, brothers as well as the feeling of being held and looking at her mom. As well as playing with the puppy. So adding these as the smaller pictures along side the larger age-progressed one. Than having a short specific write up along the bottom of the poster.

I'm just thinking to catch the initial attention with the photos so that someone seeing it would take a closer look since it appears like someone they know. Perhaps they would take it down to show them.

Anyway, those are some thoughts I've had and wanted to share to see if it's a possibility. What does anyone else think about this?

SideKick
09-26-2009, 12:30 PM
Pink Panther, I believe we are thinking along the same lines. I'm wondering how costly it is to do the age progressed picture? I've been considering a different type of layout for a poster. How I came to it is by pre-supposing a number of things:

*Any recollections have been either re-framed or pushed aside as she can't place them?

*Anna, as many others may not see a resemblance initially to herself from a picture but others who know her would.

*Attempting to use images that could trigger memories and feelings she has had could work

I've thought of revisiting the age-progressed picture and having it updated. Make it larger on the poster and additionally add a couple of other smaller photos which may be kinestically recalled. From a child’s point of view with recollection, she may not remember her own face but would of her mothers, brothers as well as the feeling of being held and looking at her mom. As well as playing with the puppy. So adding these as the smaller pictures along side the larger age-progressed one. Than having a short specific write up along the bottom of the poster.

I'm just thinking to catch the initial attention with the photos so that someone seeing it would take a closer look since it appears like someone they know. Perhaps they would take it down to show them.

Anyway, those are some thoughts I've had and wanted to share to see if it's a possibility. What does anyone else think about this?

I love these ideas!!
I agree, let's do something different, to get the word out to Anna xox

Happy Birthday DEAR Anna!!
:balloons:

Mystic
09-26-2009, 02:27 PM
I love these ideas!!
I agree, let's do something different, to get the word out to Anna xox

Happy Birthday DEAR Anna!!
:balloons:

thanks

I don't know specific tos rules here so if I'm out of line please disregard and I'll remove. A general idea I had was mapping out a specific area and getting the posters out. (working our way around and outwards) I would more then willing to map it and also getting posters to people I know in cities of Provinces in Canada. So that they could put them up.

Getting them into high traffic areas. This is quite different now then in days pass. I can come up; as all of you would be able to with the many likely general places people will pass thru. We really don't need hundreds in a city, just a small amount in prime locations.

I just want to do something that would be breath a renewed life into the search and possibly getting attention. It would be great to get this picked up as an hour story nationally.. internationally.

As I walk around the city I live and others I've travelled to.. and I walk alot, I don't see enough posters of age progressed missing children. Anyhow, I'm brainstorming. Hope that is okay

Pink Panther
09-26-2009, 05:28 PM

Mystic - I DO think that we're thinking along the same lines! I'm one year older than Anna and often think about what has happened since she was abducted and what I would do/how I would search if I had an inkling to search...

If Anna is alive (which continue to have great hopes for) I believe that she was likely either placed in an orphanage or with adoptive parents. In either case, I think it most unlikely that she was given/able to maintain her original name. How does someone who doesn't know their real name find themselves??? They could rely on memories (I know we have a thread here on what she might remember - but how would she ever come and look for herself there?). How else? Perhaps someone has told her "snippets" of her origins. Where she was born, why she was given up for adoption, etc...

This just drives me nuts! How does someone try to reach out for someone who might not have enough information about themselves to determine their true origins???

This is why I thought that a "Do you know me?" post could help. Occasionally, people who have suffered amnesia are brought into the news in an attempt to find out where they came from...That is the closest situation that I can think of to try to bring Anna home.

I hope that Anna has had a terrific Birthday (even if she might not know that it was her real Birthday)!

SideKick
09-26-2009, 06:18 PM
[QUOTE=Pink Panther;4211223]Mystic - I DO think that we're thinking along the same lines! I'm one year older than Anna and often think about what has happened since she was abducted and what I would do/how I would search if I had an inkling to search...

If Anna is alive (which continue to have great hopes for) I believe that she was likely either placed in an orphanage or with adoptive parents. In either case, I think it most unlikely that she was given/able to maintain her original name. How does someone who doesn't know their real name find themselves???

.... yup, totally with ya PP.

Actually, a webpage dedicated to 'Do You Know Me' would be an awesome, very useful page on the web. UHMM. I like all ideas, anything new to attract Anna or someone who knows Anna. Come on it's a small world! Apparently.

Hate to even bring it up or believe me, I dont think this is the case...BUT if Anna is truly not with us, what are your ideas, theories, on what could have happened IF G&G took her from her home, OR if a stranger abd/thru G&G.

The 2nd option in my opinion is that someone connected thru the G's who took her off their hands kept her, loved her etc., hence illegal adoption... The first option, we don't feel they could have done anything seriously wrong with Anna physically. I don't believe it either... Just saying, where is she?

smile22
09-27-2009, 03:18 PM
what about posting on adoption websites info on anna like may not know she was adopted last seen in hmb in this time maybe post some memories that anna may have remembered about her childhood? maybe someone else searching on that website might know someone fits that description?

WholeLottaRosie
09-27-2009, 10:11 PM
Happy Birthday, Dearest Anna. I may not post often but you are daily in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that your birthday is wonderful and that before your next birthday you are found.

My thoughts and prayers also continue to be with Annasmom and your family. May your time of waiting for answers be soon over.

Annasmom
09-29-2009, 12:18 PM
Cubby's computer bit the dust yesterday, so she will be off line for a while until she manages to replace it...just in case you wonder why she is not posting.

Cubby
09-30-2009, 08:27 PM
Sneaking in on grandma's 'puter.... will be offline a bit but hopefully back, about christmas time?
TY Annasmom for passing the message along.
XXOO All

Cubby

SideKick
10-02-2009, 12:30 PM
[QUOTE=Mystic;4210483]

I've thought of revisiting the age-progressed picture and having it updated. Make it larger on the poster and additionally add a couple of other smaller photos which may be kinestically recalled. From a child’s point of view with recollection, she may not remember her own face but would of her mothers, brothers as well as the feeling of being held and looking at her mom. As well as playing with the puppy.

Hi Mystic,

In all due respect for the family, I personally feel that they have primary goods out there for Anna or friends to recognize her. The age progressed photo was done by a professional and this one should last for a few years. I understand what you say about Anna MAY recognize other members within the family ie: mother, brothers... doggie... but odds are, imho, that Anna would recognize herself over them.. and.. others who now know Anna may see that resemblance.

Cheers, SK

Pink Panther
10-08-2009, 09:02 AM
I read this interesting article about a lady detective called Colleen Fitzpatrick and couldn't stop thinking about Anna. Has anyone ever considered contacting her???

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/fitzpatrick-child-dna-2595638-family-shoes

Annasmom
10-08-2009, 01:39 PM
I read this interesting article about a lady detective called Colleen Fitzpatrick and couldn't stop thinking about Anna. Has anyone ever considered contacting her???

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/fitzpatrick-child-dna-2595638-family-shoes
It's a fascinating story. We are handicapped by having no DNA from Anna (only family samples which I think have gone into the national database to be compared with unidentifieds.) And we would need a detective like Tink (described in the old posts) who would be willing to work on a volunteer basis with very few clues to go on.

Pink Panther
10-08-2009, 06:05 PM
It's a fascinating story. We are handicapped by having no DNA from Anna (only family samples which I think have gone into the national database to be compared with unidentifieds.) And we would need a detective like Tink (described in the old posts) who would be willing to work on a volunteer basis with very few clues to go on.
Annasmom - This lady sounds phenomenal in her ability to research (not just DNA)...Would you perhaps consider sending her a copy of your book and a letter asking her for help?

Annasmom
10-08-2009, 06:33 PM
Annasmom - This lady sounds phenomenal in her ability to research (not just DNA)...Would you perhaps consider sending her a copy of your book and a letter asking her for help?
It's certainly worth a try. Thank you for the suggestion. I'll send her an e-mail first, since her address is in the Register article, and see if she responds with an address where the book might be sent.

Annasmom
10-08-2009, 08:29 PM
I e-mailed Colleen Fitzpatrick and she responded right away and wants to see the book. She says she has had quite a few requests since the stories came out in the Orange County Register, but that our story is "the worst". Thanks for alerting us to this new resource.

Pink Panther
10-09-2009, 01:49 AM
I e-mailed Colleen Fitzpatrick and she responded right away and wants to see the book. She says she has had quite a few requests since the stories came out in the Orange County Register, but that our story is "the worst". Thanks for alerting us to this new resource.

I so hope that Anna's story touches her like it has touched so many of us here and that she takes an interest in helping!

OzzieMum
10-09-2009, 03:21 AM
I so hope that Anna's story touches her like it has touched so many of us here and that she takes an interest in helping!

I second that. Good job Pink. Good luck Annasmom, I hope Colleen can help in some way.

Annasmom,

Is your book available in book shops or only through Lu Lu and Amazon? I would like to but it and want to know if it is available in Australia otherwise I will order it on the internet. Also, if it is not in book shops, maybe it is worth thinking about as true stories like Anna's are very popular reading now.

Annasmom
10-09-2009, 10:46 AM
I second that. Good job Pink. Good luck Annasmom, I hope Colleen can help in some way.

Annasmom,

Is your book available in book shops or only through Lu Lu and Amazon? I would like to but it and want to know if it is available in Australia otherwise I will order it on the internet. Also, if it is not in book shops, maybe it is worth thinking about as true stories like Anna's are very popular reading now.

Ozziemom, the book is published on demand by Lulu and may be either downloaded to one's computer or printed and mailed with a very short delay. A friend in England received his only a week after he ordered it. A bookstore could order it for you, but it would probably be faster to get it through Lulu, Barnes and Noble or Amazon via the internet. Another person I know downloaded it to his Kindle reader instantaneously.

It would be great to place it in bookstores, but it was a low-budget do-it-yourself operation between Doogie and me, so this seemed the best way for us to go with it!

Dr. Doogie
10-09-2009, 02:51 PM
The book is not enabled for electronic download, only available as a physical book. Some bookstores may have it - it is available through Lulu's distributor - but the only sure way of finding it is online.

OzzieMum
10-09-2009, 03:04 PM
Ozziemom, the book is published on demand by Lulu and may be either downloaded to one's computer or printed and mailed with a very short delay. A friend in England received his only a week after he ordered it. A bookstore could order it for you, but it would probably be faster to get it through Lulu, Barnes and Noble or Amazon via the internet. Another person I know downloaded it to his Kindle reader instantaneously.

It would be great to place it in bookstores, but it was a low-budget do-it-yourself operation between Doogie and me, so this seemed the best way for us to go with it!

Thanks Annasmom, I am going to order it today.

OzzieMum
10-09-2009, 03:13 PM
The book is not enabled for electronic download, only available as a physical book. Some bookstores may have it - it is available through Lulu's distributor - but the only sure way of finding it is online.

Thanks Doogie. I wouldn't want to download it anyway, I prefer to buy a hard copy. I'm one of those odd women that's not into shoes and hand bags, books are my big downfall in life, I have hundreds :)

Annasmom
10-09-2009, 03:57 PM
Ms. Fizpatrick gave me permission to reprint her latest letter to me here. I searched and found that Anna is indeed registered in the NAMUS database.

Hi Michaele,

Although you have worked through law enforcement it's important that you make sure your daughter's information is in the NAMUS database. This is a new online database for missing persons and unidentified remains. www.namus.gov. The missing persons part was put online two yrs ago, the unidentified remains part was made available last yr. In june of this year they were joined together to search for matches.

At the moment, there are 106,000 missing persons in the US, and 40,000 sets of unidentified remains, Yet the new database only has abt 5000 missing people in it, and only 1,700 sets of remains loaded. It's not that law enforcement does not do due diligence, it's that it takes time for organizations to get their info organized and have the time and funds to enter what they have.

So I strongly, really strongly suggest you go to the NAMUS website and make sure you daughter is registered. You should also search the unid'd section to see if anything matches her description.

After exhausting every lead you've had over the years, NAMUS presents you with something new-and more hope you will discover what happened to her. Remember too that even if you don't find her in the NAMUS databases, they are only going to grow, and once her info is in there, it is going to be available to match against forever.

Colleen

Pink Panther
10-09-2009, 06:16 PM
Ooooh. I already like Colleen and feel encouraged by her! Yay Colleen! Please stay awhile...We would love your help!

Pink Panther
10-09-2009, 06:38 PM
Annasmom - I just want to send you a hug and kiss...Still here after so many years hoping to find your baby. I am one year older than Anna (I was born in 1966) and I have a child who is 4. My heart is with you day in and day out...And I so want you to find your baby!

I'm also a babbling fool so please forgive me...But I just wanted you to know that my sentiments are with you!

Annasmom
10-09-2009, 07:13 PM
Annasmom - I just want to send you a hug and kiss...Still here after so many years hoping to find your baby. I am one year older than Anna (I was born in 1966) and I have a child who is 4. My heart is with you day in and day out...And I so want you to find your baby!

I'm also a babbling fool so please forgive me...But I just wanted you to know that my sentiments are with you!
Thank you, Pink Panther.

OzzieMum
10-10-2009, 06:20 AM
I ordered my copy of "Searching For Anna" today :) Now I can't wait to get it :(

Pink Panther
10-13-2009, 05:33 PM
I will be away for a while (travelling) and didn't want to give the impression that I was not participating. I'll check in as soon as I can as I am anxiously awaiting any news of potentially new progress!

Dr. Doogie
10-13-2009, 08:01 PM
I just watched the Oprah show concerning Jaycee Dugard and other missing children. They had a scroll runing on the right side of the screen of other missing children and, unfortunately, Anna was not shown. Many cases that we are familiar with were shown (Cynthia Sumpter, Kevin Collins, Michaela Garecht, etc.), but no Anna.

:banghead:

Annasmom
10-13-2009, 08:02 PM
I will be away for a while (travelling) and didn't want to give the impression that I was not participating. I'll check in as soon as I can as I am anxiously awaiting any news of potentially new progress!

Safe travels, Pink Panther.
Annasunc has updated www.searchingforanna.com to include the recent article in the Half Moon Bay Review.

OzzieMum
10-14-2009, 03:25 AM
I just watched the Oprah show concerning Jaycee Dugard and other missing children. They had a scroll runing on the right side of the screen of other missing children and, unfortunately, Anna was not shown. Many cases that we are familiar with were shown (Cynthia Sumpter, Kevin Collins, Michaela Garecht, etc.), but no Anna.

:banghead:

Hi Doogie,

Have you tried contacting the Oprah show to do a story on Anna and maybe some other missing children? This might be really good timing.

Annasmom
10-14-2009, 03:16 PM
Hi Doogie,

Have you tried contacting the Oprah show to do a story on Anna and maybe some other missing children? This might be really good timing.
We have written Oprah before, but you are right about the timing being good, so I just wrote the show again. I also mentioned that 48 Hours Mystery had shot quite a lot of video on the case which is probably still in the files at CBS news, since it was never used. Hope for the best!

Dr. Doogie
10-14-2009, 04:11 PM
I suddenly have a sense of deja vu'. :angel:

OzzieMum
10-14-2009, 04:47 PM
We have written Oprah before, but you are right about the timing being good, so I just wrote the show again. I also mentioned that 48 Hours Mystery had shot quite a lot of video on the case which is probably still in the files at CBS news, since it was never used. Hope for the best!

Good luck Annasmom. I hope they agree to do a story.

Annasmom
10-14-2009, 04:47 PM
I suddenly have a sense of deja vu'. :angel:

Sorry about that. My computer kept loading without ever finishing the post, but I guess it was posting it after all. Anyway, I think I've removed all the duplicate posts. BTW, it will be a miracle if we ever hear from the Oprah people, since so many of us wrote the show before and never got a response of any kind.

OzzieMum
10-15-2009, 03:35 AM
Sorry about that. My computer kept loading without ever finishing the post, but I guess it was posting it after all. Anyway, I think I've removed all the duplicate posts. BTW, it will be a miracle if we ever hear from the Oprah people, since so many of us wrote the show before and never got a response of any kind.

Hi Annasmom,

I would be happy to send an email to the Oprah show if you think it would help. It might help if they see that Anna's case has international interest as well as national interest. Maybe some other international members on here could do the same.

I would be happy to run my email by you and Doogie before I sent it.

Please let me know.

OzzieMum
10-15-2009, 06:11 AM
Someone just recently suggested a new aged progressed pic of Anna, which at the time I thought probably wasn't really relevent, but after seeing the pic of Jaycee today, I think I have changed my mind.

Maybe Anna's pic needs to be done with dark hair as well. Her hair may have darkened naturally or she may have dyed it, either way, it would be interesting to see her aged progressed photo with darker hair.

SideKick
10-15-2009, 06:58 AM
Coincidently, I just wrote Oprah last week, I didn't write it on the forum as the last time we did this we didn't hear back. In light of Jaycee I suggested they look into doing a show on Anna and perhaps another missing child for interest and to help others... If I hear anything, I'll post!

Annasmom
10-15-2009, 10:37 AM
Hi Annasmom,

I would be happy to send an email to the Oprah show if you think it would help. It might help if they see that Anna's case has international interest as well as national interest. Maybe some other international members on here could do the same.

I would be happy to run my email by you and Doogie before I sent it.

Please let me know.

Of course! I just wrote e-mail to their website, but however you contact them is fine.

Annasmom
10-15-2009, 10:42 AM
Someone just recently suggested a new aged progressed pic of Anna, which at the time I thought probably wasn't really relevent, but after seeing the pic of Jaycee today, I think I have changed my mind.

Maybe Anna's pic needs to be done with dark hair as well. Her hair may have darkened naturally or she may have dyed it, either way, it would be interesting to see her aged progressed photo with darker hair.

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children updates these pictures every four years, so we're not due for another one yet. They did do a "regressed" picture of Anna at age 17 or 18 at our request so that it could be compared to high school yearbooks, but you can imagine how busy their forensic artists are and I'm afraid we just have to wait our turn right now. Did you see a side-by-side of the actual photo of Jaycee and her age-advanced picture? I'd be interested to see how close they came. Most of them are really good. (By the way, the artist did darken Anna's hair on the latest picture, but after looking at other family pictures he left some blonde highlights.)

Dr. Doogie
10-15-2009, 12:40 PM
The side-by-side of the adult Jaycee and her age progression is stunningly similar. Her hair is darker than the AP and her face is slightly fuller, but it is in all other ways a perfect match.

SideKick
10-15-2009, 01:34 PM
The side-by-side of the adult Jaycee and her age progression is stunningly similar. Her hair is darker than the AP and her face is slightly fuller, but it is in all other ways a perfect match.

I completely agree with you. Sooo similar, bang on just fuller face/darker hair!

OzzieMum
10-16-2009, 04:33 AM
I ordered my copy of "Searching For Anna" today :) Now I can't wait to get it :(

I can't believe it, I received my copy of "Searching For Anna" today. I only ordered it last Saturday. Guess what I will be doing tonight :)

Dr. Doogie
10-16-2009, 01:46 PM
I can't believe it, I received my copy of "Searching For Anna" today. I only ordered it last Saturday. Guess what I will be doing tonight :)

What is really amazing is that not only did Lulu process and ship your order that quickly, they actually printed it also during this time period. I am a printer by trade and I am greatly impressed with the technology that Lulu uses to produce and ship books "on demand".

Pink Panther
10-16-2009, 11:21 PM
Ms. Fizpatrick gave me permission to reprint her latest letter to me here. I searched and found that Anna is indeed registered in the NAMUS database.

Hi Michaele,

Although you have worked through law enforcement it's important that you make sure your daughter's information is in the NAMUS database. This is a new online database for missing persons and unidentified remains. www.namus.gov (http://www.namus.gov). The missing persons part was put online two yrs ago, the unidentified remains part was made available last yr. In june of this year they were joined together to search for matches.

At the moment, there are 106,000 missing persons in the US, and 40,000 sets of unidentified remains, Yet the new database only has abt 5000 missing people in it, and only 1,700 sets of remains loaded. It's not that law enforcement does not do due diligence, it's that it takes time for organizations to get their info organized and have the time and funds to enter what they have.

So I strongly, really strongly suggest you go to the NAMUS website and make sure you daughter is registered. You should also search the unid'd section to see if anything matches her description.

After exhausting every lead you've had over the years, NAMUS presents you with something new-and more hope you will discover what happened to her. Remember too that even if you don't find her in the NAMUS databases, they are only going to grow, and once her info is in there, it is going to be available to match against forever.

Colleen

Annasmom - Have you heard anything else from Colleen???

OzzieMum
10-17-2009, 05:56 AM
What is really amazing is that not only did Lulu process and ship your order that quickly, they actually printed it also during this time period. I am a printer by trade and I am greatly impressed with the technology that Lulu uses to produce and ship books "on demand".

It is totally amazing to me that Lulu can print, bind and deliver a book from the US to AU in 6 days. I work in international freight (international customer support with TNT, the US is part of my region) and this is incredable.

Well done Lulu :)

Annasmom
10-17-2009, 10:44 AM
Annasmom - Have you heard anything else from Colleen???
Not yet. I sent the book to her at her request, so maybe that will give her some ideas.

Annasmom
10-19-2009, 04:01 PM
I heard from Cubby, whose computer is on the blink but who has been distributing copies of the HMB Review story in the meantime. She needs a computer tower compatible with Windows XP (she has everything but the tower). If anybody has one they don't need or want to get rid of, she'll be glad to pay for shipping. PM me and I'll get the word to her.

SideKick
10-21-2009, 02:25 PM
Hi All,

Recall we were chatting about children's homes, orphanages etc., possible homes Anna could have been sent to in September? I faxed a request to the above noted home inquiring if Anna was sent there and received a fax back today.

She apologizes for the delay in responding back to me, in terms of confidentiality, they cannot release any info without a court order. Is it at all possible to obtain a court order for these homes? The records here would be .... numerical? I cannot make out the word, from that time period and probably not much help, but goes on to say they would only be the name, D.O.B. and length of stay. (which is want we wanted!). Duh... I will fax back could they check name and date of birth! However, I sent her full name.....
http://www.childrenshome.us/

OzzieMum
11-02-2009, 03:12 AM
Hi Annasmom and Dr Doogie,

I finished reading "Searching for Anna" a few days ago. Normally I would read a book this size in a day, but unfortunately I have been very busy for the past couple of weeks and haven't had time to read.

After reading so many of the threads on WS, I have learned so much more about Anna, your family and the search for Anna, by reading your book.

This might seem a bit far fetched but I'm going to put it out there anyway. One thing that really jumped out at me after reading "Searching for Anna" was the fact the the girl that said she spoke to Anna after her disappearance said the little girl told her that her name was Michelle and one of Anna's brother's said he had a dream about Anna but in the dream Anna was named Michelle. Which came first, the girl or the dream? And through in the picture of "M" that GB gave GW to take on holiday with him and it gets even creepier.

Did the girl say that the little girl had blonde hair, brown eyes, a mole on her cheek? (not that I think the mole is of great importance, as I said once before, GW was a doctor and could have very possibly removed it so Anna wouldn't be recognised).

What state did the girl live in at the time she said she saw Anna?

Cubby
11-02-2009, 07:45 PM
A little late catching up here... but Colleen Fitzpatrick has a very interesting Wiki page. An amazing woman, imo.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colleen_Fitzpatrick_(forensic_genealogist)

I have spoken with her briefly, and emailed her a few times regarding another case she is working on which is featured at WS, Benjaman Kyle. I would recommend taking her suggestion on ensuring Anna is listed in NAMUS. She may also be interested in helping with the mystery regarding George Brody. I'm gald to see she has taken an interest in Anna's case.

(Ok, I don't know why that link is not working correctly, but you can click on her wiki page from the above link.)

SideKick
11-02-2009, 09:47 PM
A little late catching up here... but Colleen Fitzpatrick has a very interesting Wiki page. An amazing woman, imo.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colleen_Fitzpatrick_(forensic_genealogist)

I have spoken with her briefly, and emailed her a few times regarding another case she is working on which is featured at WS, Benjaman Kyle. I would recommend taking her suggestion on ensuring Anna is listed in NAMUS. She may also be interested in helping with the mystery regarding George Brody. I'm gald to see she has taken an interest in Anna's case.

(Ok, I don't know why that link is not working correctly, but you can click on her wiki page from the above link.)

Very cool Cubby,

When I look up NAMUS, and enter Anna Waters, I come up with a page for her, perhaps I am misreading the ensuring anna is listed on this site. Here is Anna's url.. https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/44

SKick

Annasmom
11-02-2009, 10:15 PM
Hi Annasmom and Dr Doogie,

I finished reading "Searching for Anna" a few days ago. Normally I would read a book this size in a day, but unfortunately I have been very busy for the past couple of weeks and haven't had time to read.

After reading so many of the threads on WS, I have learned so much more about Anna, your family and the search for Anna, by reading your book.

This might seem a bit far fetched but I'm going to put it out there anyway. One thing that really jumped out at me after reading "Searching for Anna" was the fact the the girl that said she spoke to Anna after her disappearance said the little girl told her that her name was Michelle and one of Anna's brother's said he had a dream about Anna but in the dream Anna was named Michelle. Which came first, the girl or the dream? And through in the picture of "M" that GB gave GW to take on holiday with him and it gets even creepier.

Did the girl say that the little girl had blonde hair, brown eyes, a mole on her cheek? (not that I think the mole is of great importance, as I said once before, GW was a doctor and could have very possibly removed it so Anna wouldn't be recognised).

What state did the girl live in at the time she said she saw Anna?

The woman we call the Informant lives in the Bay Area near Half Moon Bay. The dream came first, but it was not mentioned anywhere the Informant could have seen it. We think the photo of "M" was probably Margaret, but all this may just be yet another of the amazing coincidences we keep running into. Sherlock spent quite a lot of time checking out other things the Informant said, but we were not able to confirm her story.

Annasmom
11-02-2009, 10:18 PM
Very cool Cubby,

When I look up NAMUS, and enter Anna Waters, I come up with a page for her, perhaps I am misreading the ensuring anna is listed on this site. Here is Anna's url.. https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/44

SKick I checked the site about a month ago and Anna was listed. When I try the link above, however, I get a caution about "certificate", so I didn't actually go there this time. Seems to me I posted something when I found Anna on the NAMUS site, but I don't know where it is now.

Cubby
11-02-2009, 10:35 PM
Thanks Sidekick. Colleen may have not been aware Anna was listed at Namus.

SunnieRN
11-03-2009, 02:25 AM
That seems like more than a coincidence that Annas brother had the dream first!! Wow!

OzzieMum
11-03-2009, 06:29 PM
That seems like more than a coincidence that Annas brother had the dream first!! Wow!

I agree. I believe there are different types of dreams. There are dreams that are disjointed and don't make any sense, although some people believe that there are meanings behind these dreams and then there are what I call "vivid" dreams that are so real that it is like you are just having a normal conversation with someone.

I have only ever had one of these "vivid" dreams and when I woke up in the morning all I could think is that it was so real that it couldn't have been a dream. It was the night before we buried my stepdaughter's ashes and I was standing with my stepdaughter and she told me she was OK and that she was happy. She was smiling and she asked me if I was scared about talking to her because she was dead and I told her no, I wasn't scared. I was actually standing there thinking (in the "dream"), this is not a dream. It was the strangest feeling I have ever had. If you have ever had one of these dreams, you will know what I mean.

I am not for one moment suggesting that Anna is no longer here, because I believe she is (and the informant said she saw her a couple of years after she was abducted whic was after the dream). What I am suggesting is that Anna was reaching out to her brother subconsciously. I know, far fetched, but we all believe in different things. I hope I don't sound like a nut case here :)

Annasmom, has Anna's brother ever, or would he consider, being hypnotized to see if he can recall anything else about the couple in the car or the car, make, model, licence plate number?

Annasmom
11-04-2009, 01:52 AM
I agree. I believe there are different types of dreams. There are dreams that are disjointed and don't make any sense, although some people believe that there are meanings behind these dreams and then there are what I call "vivid" dreams that are so real that it is like you are just having a normal conversation with someone.

I have only ever had one of these "vivid" dreams and when I woke up in the morning all I could think is that it was so real that it couldn't have been a dream. It was the night before we buried my stepdaughter's ashes and I was standing with my stepdaughter and she told me she was OK and that she was happy. She was smiling and she asked me if I was scared about talking to her because she was dead and I told her no, I wasn't scared. I was actually standing there thinking (in the "dream"), this is not a dream. It was the strangest feeling I have ever had. If you have ever had one of these dreams, you will know what I mean.

I am not for one moment suggesting that Anna is no longer here, because I believe she is (and the informant said she saw her a couple of years after she was abducted whic was after the dream). What I am suggesting is that Anna was reaching out to her brother subconsciously. I know, far fetched, but we all believe in different things. I hope I don't sound like a nut case here :)

Annasmom, has Anna's brother ever, or would he consider, being hypnotized to see if he can recall anything else about the couple in the car or the car, make, model, licence plate number?

I had one of those vivid dreams a couple of nights after Anna disappeared. She asked me "Why did you fire me?" I was haunted by this dream because of course I would never fire my child. Later I wondered if someone had told her that I didn't want her any more. Sad thoughts. I have had hundreds of dreams about her, but this one sticks in my mind.

About hypnosis: I'll ask him, but I believe he has told as much as he can from such a long time ago. Joe Ford underwent hypnosis, but it didn't really add anything to what we already knew.

OzzieMum
11-04-2009, 03:16 AM
I had one of those vivid dreams a couple of nights after Anna disappeared. She asked me "Why did you fire me?" I was haunted by this dream because of course I would never fire my child. Later I wondered if someone had told her that I didn't want her any more. Sad thoughts. I have had hundreds of dreams about her, but this one sticks in my mind.

About hypnosis: I'll ask him, but I believe he has told as much as he can from such a long time ago. Joe Ford underwent hypnosis, but it didn't really add anything to what we already knew.

Whew, so you don't think I'm a nut case? I don't discount anything because I know that there is a higher force than us mere mortals here on earth. I typed my post and considered for about an hour before I submitted it.

I'm going to do a bit of searching on the name Michelle Waters and see what I can come up with. Maybe the G's chose the name Michelle because it was similar to your name. Maybe in there twisted minds that would make up for stealing your baby.

SideKick
11-04-2009, 10:54 AM
Whew, so you don't think I'm a nut case? I don't discount anything because I know that there is a higher force than us mere mortals here on earth. I typed my post and considered for about an hour before I submitted it.

I'm going to do a bit of searching on the name Michelle Waters and see what I can come up with. Maybe the G's chose the name Michelle because it was similar to your name. Maybe in there twisted minds that would make up for stealing your baby.

Hi OzzieMum,

I remember the slip too, 'no photo's of M on vacation'! I certainly wouldn't put it past the G's to rename Anna - Michelle, very similar to Margaret and Anna's mother, and ... continuing on with the M name. There are a few Michelle Waters on the net and some are involved in someway in the adoption field. Very interesting idea!!

OzzieMum
11-04-2009, 06:51 PM
Hi OzzieMum,

I remember the slip too, 'no photo's of M on vacation'! I certainly wouldn't put it past the G's to rename Anna - Michelle, very similar to Margaret and Anna's mother, and ... continuing on with the M name. There are a few Michelle Waters on the net and some are involved in someway in the adoption field. Very interesting idea!!

Thanks Sidekick. Maybe SherlockJR can look into the adoption side. I also found an interesting one on Facebook. The photo's are REALLY interesting. I certainly could not rule this lady out looking at her photo, unfortunately I can't enlarge her photo to get a better comparision with Anna's AP photo. The other interesting thing is there is a little girl in the photo, her daughter I'm guessing, and she looks very much like Anna as a little girl.

I'm not putting the link here because I'm not sure if I should, I don't want to invade her privacy. I'm happy to PM the link to anyone who wants to take a look.

Annasmom
11-04-2009, 08:34 PM
Thanks Sidekick. Maybe SherlockJR can look into the adoption side. I also found an interesting one on Facebook. The photo's are REALLY interesting. I certainly could not rule this lady out looking at her photo, unfortunately I can't enlarge her photo to get a better comparision with Anna's AP photo. The other interesting thing is there is a little girl in the photo, her daughter I'm guessing, and she looks very much like Anna as a little girl.

I'm not putting the link here because I'm not sure if I should, I don't want to invade her privacy. I'm happy to PM the link to anyone who wants to take a look.
Would you send it to me?

SunnieRN
11-04-2009, 09:38 PM
Very cool Cubby,

SKick

I got the same certificate of authenticity note, but clicked ok to check out Annas page. Maybe Colleen was referring to the fact that it says no DNA is available. I don't see how she wouldn't have been able to find the page?

Annasmom, how would you go about submitting DNA samples? (I bet someone here knows!!)

Annasmom
11-04-2009, 11:20 PM
I got the same certificate of authenticity note, but clicked ok to check out Annas page. Maybe Colleen was referring to the fact that it says no DNA is available. I don't see how she wouldn't have been able to find the page?

Annasmom, how would you go about submitting DNA samples? (I bet someone here knows!!)

DNA samples were taken from me and Anna's brothers by sheriff's officers at the time we thought that the young woman we called "C" might be Anna. The officials used these samples to ascertain that there was no match with the young woman. The procedure for taking the samples from us and from the young woman was extremely careful in order to make sure that the results could not be challenged in court, if it ever came to that. The sheriff's office took several pairs of Anna's shoes to see if DNA could be extracted from them, but it was not possible for them to obtain traces. I believe the DNA results from us went into a national database where it may be compared with that of unidentifieds, but Doogie probably remembers better than I if this is the case.

OzzieMum
11-10-2009, 07:59 AM
They say there is only 6 degrees of separation between us all and I'm begining to think there is something similar with our looks. I have spent all day reading and researching someone I found on an adoption web site (I have passed this on th SherlockJr. The adoptee is a real long shot as not much personal info but the circumstances surounding her adoption and the family's secrecey make her worth looking at). During my searching I came across a woman and her picture took my breath away when I did a side by side with Anna's AP (39) photo.

I was reasonably sure that it was not Anna as this woman's hair style was deffinately 60's but I thought I would check her out anyway. Further research on Ancestry confirmed she is to old is too old to be Anna.

It may just be me but the resemblance is amazing. If you would like to have a look, PM me and I will send you the link.

SideKick
11-16-2009, 06:00 PM
I was wondering if Dr. Water's passport was checked to see if had flown to Greece in 1973 as he applied for a new passport in 1971. Would LE be able to find out because this is a missing person's case?

Annasmom
11-16-2009, 07:12 PM
I was wondering if Dr. Water's passport was checked to see if had flown to Greece in 1973 as he applied for a new passport in 1971. Would LE be able to find out because this is a missing person's case? The passport itself is missing. We only have the applications for passports. Of course the entry and exit stamps would only be on the missing passport.

SideKick
11-17-2009, 10:36 AM
The passport itself is missing. We only have the applications for passports. Of course the entry and exit stamps would only be on the missing passport.

~ Ok, so the applications are there but we still have no idea if he actually travelled. Would LE be able to contact Greece to see if he had travelled there in '73? Would the Greek authorities still have lists who travelled back then. I'm thinking we need to find out if he did go overseas with Anna, it will help tremendously in narrowing down a country in finding our dear Anna.

I've also posted on the San Mateo H.S. Facebook to see if anyone recognizes Anna if she happened to attend over the years.

Best xo

anne11
11-17-2009, 11:16 AM
Do you need a visa to visit Greece from the US? If the passport is missing maybe the consulate would have a record of a visa application.

Annasmom
11-17-2009, 01:33 PM
~ Ok, so the applications are there but we still have no idea if he actually travelled. Would LE be able to contact Greece to see if he had travelled there in '73? Would the Greek authorities still have lists who travelled back then. I'm thinking we need to find out if he did go overseas with Anna, it will help tremendously in narrowing down a country in finding our dear Anna.

I've also posted on the San Mateo H.S. Facebook to see if anyone recognizes Anna if she happened to attend over the years.

Best xo Thank you, SideKick, for posting the picture. Unfortunately, I would say that without some new clue we'd not be able to get LE to do anything. And you would not believe the tangled knot which is still the Greek bureaucracy. I wouldn't know where to begin. We did have one contact in Greece who was dealing with adoptions, but we haven't heard from her in a very long time. Anne, a visa was never required for a U.S. citizen to visit Greece. These are all great ideas, but once again we just come up against a brick wall when it comes to implementing them.

Julessleuther
11-17-2009, 02:08 PM
The adoption theory is a good one, and I too, believe that she was probably taken alive and either raised by someone else or adopted out. Regarding the theory that GW and GB took her and then adopted her out, do you know why exactly they would do that? Meaning, if GW had not had contact with Anna for such a long time, what would the point be to take her? Elimination of child support? To punish Annasmom? I believe that if they did take her, understanding the reason may help us figure out what they did with her.

SideKick
11-17-2009, 03:05 PM
Thank you, SideKick, for posting the picture. Unfortunately, I would say that without some new clue we'd not be able to get LE to do anything. And you would not believe the tangled knot which is still the Greek bureaucracy. I wouldn't know where to begin. We did have one contact in Greece who was dealing with adoptions, but we haven't heard from her in a very long time. Anne, a visa was never required for a U.S. citizen to visit Greece. These are all great ideas, but once again we just come up against a brick wall when it comes to implementing them.

~ Annasmom,

What was the name of the town/city Dr. Waters had communication with?

Anna's case is still open, I don't understand why LE could not contact the Borders Authority in Greece to find out if Dr. Waters and young female child landed in their country. Who can we contact...anyone?

SK

SideKick
11-17-2009, 03:09 PM
~ Annasmom,

What was the name of the town/city Dr. Waters had communication with?

Anna's case is still open, I don't understand why LE could not contact the Borders Authority in Greece to find out if Dr. Waters and young female child landed in their country. Who can we contact...anyone?

SK

Can anyone living on the west coast ring the Greek Consulate and ask them which procedure we should take regarding.. 1. a possible illegal adoption 2. find out if Dr. Waters and Anna flew to Greece in 1973 explaining this is a missing person's case?

Consulate of Greece in Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA
upgrade my listing (310) 826-5555
services: Consulates Embassies

Annasmom
11-17-2009, 08:41 PM
Can anyone living on the west coast ring the Greek Consulate and ask them which procedure we should take regarding.. 1. a possible illegal adoption 2. find out if Dr. Waters and Anna flew to Greece in 1973 explaining this is a missing person's case?

Consulate of Greece in Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA
upgrade my listing (310) 826-5555
services: Consulates Embassies

There is a Greek consulate in San Francisco. The problem is that we know no passport was issued to Anna in her own name between 1973 and the present, and her name was not on GW's last passport application, which it would have to be. So I don't know where this leaves us.

SideKick
11-18-2009, 11:47 AM
There is a Greek consulate in San Francisco. The problem is that we know no passport was issued to Anna in her own name between 1973 and the present, and her name was not on GW's last passport application, which it would have to be. So I don't know where this leaves us.

~ well, i am no expert, but perhaps this tells us that Anna wasn't taken out of North America. I'm hoping at least.

I have a few questions:

Did Waters have any long distant cousins or relatives living in the USA at this time, perhaps anyone whom he didn't have alot of communication with but did chat from time to time? When you were living with him?

Annasmom, do you recall if G. Waters had any acquaintances he would have trusted Anna with (as a family). I understand there were no strange phone calls after Anna vanished, nothing you can put your finger on anyway.

Any connections at all with Canada that you knew about?

Do you recall any nurses or other Dr.'s he spoke of while working the Mission?

Sorry for so many questions, but I'm trying to eliminate possibilities.

Love, SKick xox

Annasmom
11-18-2009, 02:32 PM
~ well, i am no expert, but perhaps this tells us that Anna wasn't taken out of North America. I'm hoping at least.
I have a few questions:
Did Waters have any long distant cousins or relatives living in the USA at this time, perhaps anyone whom he didn't have alot of communication with but did chat from time to time? When you were living with him?
Annasmom, do you recall if G. Waters had any acquaintances he would have trusted Anna with (as a family). I understand there were no strange phone calls after Anna vanished, nothing you can put your finger on anyway.
Any connections at all with Canada that you knew about?
Do you recall any nurses or other Dr.'s he spoke of while working the Mission?
Sorry for so many questions, but I'm trying to eliminate possibilities.
Love, SKick xox

I am in touch with all the surviving family members; there were no cousins. He broke off relations with all our friends and attempted to make me do the same, and I was not in touch with him at all for four years after he left home except for the support checks. I know of no connection with Canada (though there was the possibility he contacted someone when he was attempting to get Conscientious Objector status); Mexico is a better possibility, since at that time no passports were required and it is adjacent to California. I still think our best leads are the people with whom GW had long telephone conversations around the time of GB's death, especially the woman in Pacifica who did those procedures on both of them and who apparently knew them under assumed names.

SideKick
11-18-2009, 04:44 PM
I am in touch with all the surviving family members; there were no cousins. He broke off relations with all our friends and attempted to make me do the same, and I was not in touch with him at all for four years after he left home except for the support checks. I know of no connection with Canada (though there was the possibility he contacted someone when he was attempting to get Conscientious Objector status); Mexico is a better possibility, since at that time no passports were required and it is adjacent to California. I still think our best leads are the people with whom GW had long telephone conversations around the time of GB's death, especially the woman in Pacifica who did those procedures on both of them and who apparently knew them under assumed names.

Thank you Annasmom, I'll reread the forum on that woman in Pacifica. xoxo

Annasmom
11-18-2009, 07:36 PM
Thank you Annasmom, I'll reread the forum on that woman in Pacifica. xoxo Dear SK, I try not to be superstitious, but I always notice when 4:44 comes up, since that's the exact time Anna was born. Your post was marked 4:44.(!)

SideKick
11-19-2009, 10:46 AM
Dear SK, I try not to be superstitious, but I always notice when 4:44 comes up, since that's the exact time Anna was born. Your post was marked 4:44.(!)

Oh My Goodness Annasmom! I am the same as you about the superstitious thing. Yes, I'm really trying to connect to Anna!! :-) Maybe, tho again, not totally sold on superstition, this post about the woman in Pacifica has meaning and it's Anna's way of letting us know. :dance:

Hugs SK

OzzieMum
11-28-2009, 08:01 AM
It has gone so quiet on here. Is anyone working on something in the background???? If so, let us know.

Annasmom
11-28-2009, 11:20 AM
It has gone so quiet on here. Is anyone working on something in the background???? If so, let us know.
Sidekick and I haven't given up yet.

Dr. Doogie
11-28-2009, 12:21 PM
I haven't given up either - I just at a loss for ideas right now. Something will come up.

Cubby
11-28-2009, 04:49 PM
I ditto Doogie's post.

I did pass along a possible contact to Doogie for someone we have been looking for a photo of to determine if she resembles Anna or not. I've been looking for two years. We found one contact awhile back but that didn't get us any info to make a determination. We'll see if this does or not. This person has a Kukoda relative, but I don't want to share more at this time to respect her privacy.

ETA: This is a different person, than the Kukoda family member that Doogie ruled out in another thread.

OzzieMum
11-28-2009, 06:44 PM
I ditto Doogie's post.

I did pass along a possible contact to Doogie for someone we have been looking for a photo of to determine if she resembles Anna or not. I've been looking for two years. We found one contact awhile back but that didn't get us any info to make a determination. We'll see if this does or not. This person has a Kukoda relative, but I don't want to share more at this time to respect her privacy.

ETA: This is a different person, than the Kukoda family member that Doogie ruled out in another thread.

Hi Cubby,

Is there anything I can help with. Do you need any research done on Ancestry or Footnote? PM me if you do.

Cubby
11-28-2009, 07:06 PM
What is footnote?

Thank you for the offer Ozziemum, if I can think of anything I will most definately let you know. What I can share without divulging personal information, is this person is pretty much off the radar. Not online anywhere that I can find and almost all of her associates have very common surnames names which would be incredibly difficult to research without additional information. Two associates we have found have uncommon surnames. One we contacted was unable to provide information to make the determination to rule this person out. The other, we have recently found a contact for will have more knowledge of this gal's personal info regarding the details of her life which can answer for us if she can be ruled in or out as Anna. I can only pray he will be willing to work with Doogie to answer his questions. If not, I will keep looking, but this contact, imo, is the best of the two we have found to answer the questions we would have to determine if she is possibly Anna.

OzzieMum
11-28-2009, 07:17 PM
What is footnote?

Thank you for the offer Ozziemum, if I can think of anything I will most definately let you know. What I can share without divulging personal information, is this person is pretty much off the radar. Not online anywhere that I can find and almost all of her associates have very common surnames names which would be incredibly difficult to research without additional information. Two associates we have found have uncommon surnames. One we contacted was unable to provide information to make the determination to rule this person out. The other, we have recently found a contact for will have more knowledge of this gal's personal info regarding the details of her life which can answer for us if she can be ruled in or out as Anna. I can only pray he will be willing to work with Doogie to answer his questions. If not, I will keep looking, but this contact, imo, is the best of the two we have found to answer the questions we would have to determine if she is possibly Anna.

Hi Cubby,

Footnote has a lot of records on it. Google it and see if you think we might be able to research this person. You can see how many records there are on a person without a subscription but you can't look at the records. I have a subscription.

Cubby
11-28-2009, 08:18 PM
TY Ozziemum. Footnote appears to have older documentation. We would need more current for this gal, imo. Footnote might be a good avenue to work with raf on the genealogy end. Perhaps some of the old documents and news paper articles she found with regards to George Brody's identity or info could be compared to what is availabel on Footnote? maybe cross referencing both would lead to additional info or confirmation on unanswered questions regarding Brody.

Cubby
11-28-2009, 08:23 PM
Also, there are a few gone by the wayside leads which seem to never have been followed up on scattered throughout the forum. One of such, I recently bumped on the could this be Anna or possible matches for Anna thread. An adoptee with the first name Deanna. My guess, is those originally researching that avenue came to a dead end. Maybe fresh eyes to take another look would help.

Just more idea's.

When it comes to Anna, as a Cub fan after waiting 101 years now for a World Series win, patience and perseverence is inbred in us. Like following the Cubs, I am more than here for the long haul regarding Anna's case.

OzzieMum
11-29-2009, 04:41 AM

Hi Everyone,

I hope no one thought that I was implying that I was under the impression that everyone had given up on finding Anna. I was just wondering why it had gone so quiet and was trying to get some conversation started again.

I also wanted to know if anything was going on in the background, and Cubby was kind enough to PM me about what she has been working so hard on for such a long time. Thanks Cubby, you are an inspiration.

God bless to all

raf
11-29-2009, 02:23 PM
Hi, yes is quiet but no stationary... I am searching .... by best hope is to find who was GB... but without the real name is very hard... one thing is sure: George Brody was a false name; false totally. No doubts abt that...
I' m sure that he is the bad mind of all...
but who was GB really? because GW was manipulated, sure he made all GB asked, also abt Anna... and because GB seeming a man no much sociable, no many friends ( maybe nobody, only GW), and for that, maybe Anna was entrusted or adopted to some people that GB knew very well... and I believe that no many persons had contacts with GB... he lived as a mouse in the hotel... so by GB family circle we can know more... but we know not who was GB... really.... for that is necessary to find something... but no luck abt that... the 1940 census will be online in 2012... so much long waiting....
all the best,
raf

SideKick
11-29-2009, 03:31 PM
Sidekick and I haven't given up yet.

Hi Everyone, (probably should be under 'media' however replying in sequence.)

I was going to mum about this, not to cause stirr unecessarily, I have been in contact with a TV station on the west coast. They are going to see (hopefully) in the next few days if they can write a story about Anna and air it. I feel that we need to take advantage of the media, the larger the better hence television which reaches the masses.

A month ago there was a story about a girl who was kidnapped at age five, they aired her story and with God's grace she was reunited with her family!

Annasmom and I are in touch with the Producer and will followup this week as Christmas approaches, my hopes and wishes are they air it before the big day!

Fingers crosssed everyone!

OzzieMum
11-29-2009, 04:30 PM

I was going to mum about this, not to cause stirr unecessarily, I have been in contact with a TV station on the west coast. They are going to see (hopefully) in the next few days if they can write a story about Anna and air it. I feel that we need to take advantage of the media, the larger the better hence television which reaches the masses.

A month ago there was a story about a girl who was kidnapped at age five, they aired her story and with God's grace she was reunited with her family!

Annasmom and I are in touch with the Producer and will followup this week as Christmas approaches, my hopes and wishes are they air it before the big day!

Hi Sidekick,

That's fantastic news. Great work. Will keep my fingers crossed.

SideKick
12-03-2009, 03:52 PM

~ well, sadly they cannot do the story but will let me know if things change. :(

~ I immediately sent another email off to another TV station in the Bay Area, I haven't heard back yet.

~ I have emailed the SF Chronicle as well, in hopes they can see it in their hearts to write a little story about Anna.

Best, SK

OzzieMum
12-03-2009, 04:32 PM
~ well, sadly they cannot do the story but will let me know if things change. :(

~ I immediately sent another email off to another TV station in the Bay Area, I haven't heard back yet.

~ I have emailed the SF Chronicle as well, in hopes they can see it in their hearts to write a little story about Anna.

Best, SK

Never mind SK, at least you tried. If you don't ask, you don't get.

Cubby
12-24-2009, 01:40 AM
I wanted to wish Annasmom, her brothers and family and all the wonderful sleuths who have participated in this forum a joyous and wonderful Christmas.

http://aprilschristmasgraphics.jimdo.com/s/cc_images/cache_2296897154.gif?t=1261344390

from Cubby and J'

Cubby
01-16-2010, 04:53 PM
Today is the 37th anniversary of Anna's disappearance. Thinking of Anna today, as I do everyday. Praying this is the year we get this mystery solved.

OzzieMum
01-16-2010, 05:29 PM
Today is the 37th anniversary of Anna's disappearance. Thinking of Anna today, as I do everyday. Praying this is the year we get this mystery solved.

Thinking of Anna and her family today and hoping 2010 will be the year she comes home.

Love and prayers

Skully
01-16-2010, 11:04 PM
Sending you all my prayers and positive thoughts that this is the last year we need this thread! Praying for clarity, insight and answers so Anna can be reunited with her family and friends that miss her and love her. Amen!

sfbaynancydrew
01-18-2010, 01:05 AM
Annasmom has been working with Anna's age progression picture and asked to post it here for everyone to see. The bone structure of her face, eyebrows, and mole have been modified. She has also given Anna a haircut in one of the pics.

The pictures in this one look EXACTLY like actress Crista Flanagan. I mean..exactly. Not that I think it's the same person, but as a person who is very good at identifying nuances in faces, just remembering that will trigger my memory should I come across anyone who resembles Crista (I live in the Bay Area, so fairly close to the original city).

SideKick
01-18-2010, 11:56 AM
The pictures in this one look EXACTLY like actress Crista Flanagan. I mean..exactly. Not that I think it's the same person, but as a person who is very good at identifying nuances in faces, just remembering that will trigger my memory should I come across anyone who resembles Crista (I live in the Bay Area, so fairly close to the original city).

Hi sfbaynancydrew,

I googled CF and noticed she has blue eyes, unless there is more than one CF actress.. ..

SK

sfbaynancydrew
01-18-2010, 04:28 PM
SK, yes she does, it wasn't the eye color, it was the black and white sketches that were posted. Just saying the likeness was uncanny. Again--I don't think that's HER obviously, just saying if I'm scanning pics of people, it's a good reference.

Annasmom
01-18-2010, 05:43 PM
SK, yes she does, it wasn't the eye color, it was the black and white sketches that were posted. Just saying the likeness was uncanny. Again--I don't think that's HER obviously, just saying if I'm scanning pics of people, it's a good reference. Her bio puts her nine years younger than Anna. What a pretty girl, however.

sfbaynancydrew
01-18-2010, 05:57 PM
Annasmom, thanks for responding. I feel like I set up my observation incorrectly...I was not implying that the actress was Anna. What I was saying is that in people's scanning of pictures it can be hard to remember the original face you're looking for a resemblance in. But having a memory to draw from that is familiar makes it a lot easier. In those black and white sketches I was shocked at how those sketches looked EXACTLY like the actress, who I've watched a zillion times on MadTV. Did I think it was her? Not at all. Her age and other identifiers were wrong (no mole, wrong eye color, too young, seems to have an established history, etc). However, now that I have it burned into my memory, should I see someone out in public who makes me go, "wow, that person looks just like CF the actress!" I will immediately look for a tell tale mole and any other signs that it might be Anna, because it will be burned into my memory. Without that reference, I wouldn't associate that person with Anna. Does that make sense? She also resembles the "So You Think You Can Dance" judge Mary Murphy. Both women share very similar bone structures and features.

Annasmom
01-24-2010, 11:41 PM
Today a former WS member who was active a couple of years ago was in the area for a convention and wanted to look at the house on Purisima Creek Road. We drove out there--you can't see much because the present owner has put up tall fencing all around--but on the way back my visitor asked what was my intuition right at the time Anna went missing. She said that a mother's intuition is seldom wrong. I told her, as I have always told people when they asked me this, that I really had no idea. I said we had gone to look at the creek because we (I) thought that if that's where she went, we didn't have much time and that we should look there first. Later on, though, after the visitor had left, I remembered exactly the sequence of events. I was sitting in the living room and sensed a big silence. I looked in the back yard, then I went out the back door and up the left (west) side of the house toward the road, calling and calling. I don't know if this has any meaning or not, but it is the first time I recalled standing under the trees in the westmost corner of the yard, calling, when Joe came up to me and said "She's gone."

Julessleuther
01-25-2010, 12:26 AM
Oh my goodness Annasmom.
Today a former WS member who was active a couple of years ago was in the area for a convention and wanted to look at the house on Purisima Creek Road. We drove out there--you can't see much because the present owner has put up tall fencing all around--but on the way back my visitor asked what was my intuition right at the time Anna went missing. She said that a mother's intuition is seldom wrong. I told her, as I have always told people when they asked me this, that I really had no idea. I said we had gone to look at the creek because we (I) thought that if that's where she went, we didn't have much time and that we should look there first. Later on, though, after the visitor had left, I remembered exactly the sequence of events. I was sitting in the living room and sensed a big silence. I looked in the back yard, then I went out the back door and up the left (west) side of the house toward the road, calling and calling. I don't know if this has any meaning or not, but it is the first time I recalled standing under the trees in the westmost corner of the yard, calling, when Joe came up to me and said "She's gone."

Annasmom
02-05-2010, 01:12 PM
I just want to let everybody know that Colleen Fitzpatrick, a forensic genealogist (http://www.identifinders.com) has been very actively researching Anna's case after reading Searching for Anna and in the past few days has sent us a great deal of information about sources she's looking at. I have forwarded these documents to DrDoogie, SherlockJr and Cubby. For one thing, she has access to a national database which lists every "Anna" born in September of 1967 and also every "Christiana" born in that month and year. Her working theory is that adoptees rarely abandon their birth date and usually also hang on to their first name, or something like it. You will recall that one of the names Brody wanted us to give Anna was Christiana.

Cubby
02-05-2010, 02:05 PM
I received the info on the databases Annasmom. I need a few days to sort through it. I'm ecstatic Colleen is interested in working on Annas case with her incredibly succesfull track record!

I recommend those following Annas case take a look at the identifinder site Annasmom linked and read about some of Colleens successfull searches and accomplishments. Hopefully she will be able to add Annas case onto her list of succesfull cases!

Dr. Doogie
02-05-2010, 03:22 PM
Okay, folks, I need your help recalling something: Italy has been mentioned as a possible place where GW and GB may have taken Anna. Why did we suspect this? Did GW travel there around 1972-73? Some other reason to suspect an Italian connection?

Please help me out because my old brain does not work like it used to.

SideKick
02-05-2010, 03:31 PM
Okay, folks, I need your help recalling something: Italy has been mentioned as a possible place where GW and GB may have taken Anna. Why did we suspect this? Did GW travel there around 1972-73? Some other reason to suspect an Italian connection?

Please help me out because my old brain does not work like it used to.

Offhand, GW wrote in the Squibbs about contacting the Italian Consulate.

Annasmom
02-05-2010, 03:38 PM

Raf, we need you here.

Dr. Doogie
02-05-2010, 06:29 PM

Do we know when he contacted the consulate? Before or after Anna's disappearance?

Cubby
02-05-2010, 07:00 PM
This may be unneccesary, but since we have had so many comments about difficulties searching for information regarding Anna's case within this forum, please do not utilize the search threads option of the search this forum feature. Searching threads only reads the thread titles- at least that I have found. Thread titles can be easily scanned reviewing pages 1 and 2 of this forum.

It is much easier to find things when utilizing 'search this forum' (which appears at the top of the forum when you open this forum and before you choose any individual thread) and the 'search posts feature'. That way ALL threads with the keywords you are searching appear in the search results. Or if you are searching for something within an individual thread, open that thread and use the search this thread feature still choosing the search posts feature rather than searching threads. I almost never use the search threads feature/option as opposed to search posts feature/option

hth!

ETA: Make sure you go to the very bottom of the advanced search option and click show results as posts. Otherwise the results are still buried within the lengthy threads. :)

Cubby
02-05-2010, 09:58 PM
As we are making timelines and lists, did we ever have a list of the restaurants the two G's frequented? It might be worth revisiting the restaurants and seeing if we can sleuth out anyone who worked at those restaraunts during the time periods the two Georges were 'regulars'. Or anyone who was also a regular there at the time, though employees would be most likely to recall the two G's.

raf
02-06-2010, 06:24 AM
Raf, we need you here.
Dear Annasmom,
following Anna case all days... I no missed, I was busy for another free search, ended with success, but I had only great ingratitude and also some troubles.
Abt GB, I already replied abt Italy Consulate and the possibility that Anna can be in Italy. Sure all is possible... but is a very far possibility..
I believe that GB and GW had not the necessary support for to send Anna in Italy by some way..
What, instead, let me think, is that no TWA trips for GB; only GW..... now I know not the GW life before that Anna missing, if he was a usual customer of TWA, or, instead, if this travels are really some link with Anna disappearance.
Second my opinion the trips have some link with Anna disappearance.
Going back to Italy Consulate, seeming to me that a person that contact the Italian Consulate in foreign country, well it must be of italian heritage in some way..
So I also analyzed the possibility that GB (false name) was in some way of italian heritage, the Italy Consulate on Squibb booklet, and the picketing of GB abt JS in article of 1941, and JS was also of italian heritage, so maybe the Italy in some way entering in Anna search.. in effects, why GB picketing just a italian barber?
I searched the peoples with similar name (GB) in italian spelling and residing in California and I found one record, but the person died young, so it cannot be our GB,and I abandoned this trace...

World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 about George Broda
Name: George Broda
County: Merced
State: California
Birth Date: 10 Aug 1900
Race: White
FHL Roll Number: 1531203
DraftBoard: 0
son of Carlo...
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/5494/wwigeorgebroda.jpg
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/5494/wwigeorgebroda.jpg
the date is of 12 sep 191... I believe 1917 because in 1918 this George died...
Merced County, California Deaths, 1852-1999 about George Broda
Given Name: George
Surname: Broda
Book #: 5
Page: 442
Date Range: 1 May 1918

also abt:

1978 - Jessie Evans dies
I found a article abt a RE, priest, died in 1968- San Lorenzo; the wife, Jessie was of Alameda :
28 feb 1968-he Daily Review
http://s6.imagestime.com/out.php/i453559_RevRusselEvansdeath.jpg
http://s6.imagestime.com/out.php/i453559_RevRusselEvansdeath.jpg
but it is hard to say if it is the same JE...
also to descover why the Italy Consulate is mentioned, it is very hard.... :banghead:
all the best,
raf

SideKick
02-06-2010, 07:56 AM
Do we know when he contacted the consulate? Before or after Anna's disappearance?

Sorry I missed this question yesterday, all my Squibb notes are at work, however from reading the Squibb notes, I am assuming Waters jotted down the 'Italian Consulate' entry around 1970/71 when all the Squibbs were written, so, before Anna disappeared. I can post the page Monday. ( I didn't have time to post on Friday ).

raf
02-06-2010, 08:45 AM
I believe that the plan of Anna abduction, was in GB mind before of jan 1973...
I cannot understand why a US citizen wish contact the Italy consulate...
raf

Odyssey
02-07-2010, 03:35 PM
hmm... just thought of another avenue, not sure if it's been looked into yet.

I remember a mention of GB being the executor of MK's estate. I don't know if MK had a will... but... there should be a paper trail regardless.

When my dad passed away, he did not have a will and his estate went through probate. IIRC (it was 20 yrs ago) there was quite a bit of paperwork involved and I seem to remember quite a bit of stuff had to be filed through the recorder's office. I think we had to run an ad in a newspaper or something to give any creditors an opportunity to make a claim against his estate. It's been a long time so I don't remember exactly what the paperwork was (i seem to recall rather lengthy documents) but is anyone familiar with this process? Anything in the recorders office relating to wills or probate should be public.

Annasmom
02-07-2010, 08:55 PM
hmm... just thought of another avenue, not sure if it's been looked into yet.

I remember a mention of GB being the executor of MK's estate. I don't know if MK had a will... but... there should be a paper trail regardless.

When my dad passed away, he did not have a will and his estate went through probate. IIRC (it was 20 yrs ago) there was quite a bit of paperwork involved and I seem to remember quite a bit of stuff had to be filed through the recorder's office. I think we had to run an ad in a newspaper or something to give any creditors an opportunity to make a claim against his estate. It's been a long time so I don't remember exactly what the paperwork was (i seem to recall rather lengthy documents) but is anyone familiar with this process? Anything in the recorders office relating to wills or probate should be public.
I don't think MK had any property. She was in the city facility when she died and I think had been assigned a public guardian. Brody just had power of attorney for her or something like that.

Odyssey
02-07-2010, 09:11 PM
I don't think MK had any property. She was in the city facility when she died and I think had been assigned a public guardian. Brody just had power of attorney for her or something like that.

I don't think they necessarily have to own real estate to go through probate though. My dad lived in a 1 br apartment when he passed away (my parents were divorced), I do vaguely remember a mention of a few rolls of quarters he had for doing laundry being mentioned... and his bank account, household furnishings, etc...

Power of Attorney records would also be filed with the recorder.

I can't remember where we got that she called him Bobby, btw?? Was that in a document? (Sorry if a stupid question, there is just so much strangeness with all this that I can't remember where I saw what sometimes)