PDA

View Full Version : Search Center: Information, Pics, and Chat

Kimster
10-05-2009, 04:57 PM
This thread is for the Search Center information, pictures and chats. I'd love to pull JVK's pics of all the posters over here, but I don't know how to pull from one thread to another? If someone could be so kind.......?

This is also the place for us to post about the searches and for fellow searchers to chat.

{{{HUGS}}}

kageykaren
10-05-2009, 05:47 PM
Kimster you'd think we would have that down by now! Lol! Di Di Di's on my part. :pcguru: Thanks Kimster, The pics are going to look pretty all together while doing the scroll. :smoochiesmilie:

fleececreations
10-05-2009, 09:34 PM
cool! glad i found it!

Kimster
10-05-2009, 09:37 PM
cool! glad i found it!

I'm glad you found it too! This should be a good place where you can check in with the other searchers and see what's up. It might take a bit for the thread to heat up. :blowkiss:

TakeNote
10-06-2009, 12:29 AM
i have a question :)

since there was a bigger turn out last weekend...do you think that some of it might be because of ron and don show? ...

....ive also wondered if because they took such a big intrest in Lindsey and had their listeners call the state asking why there was not more money put towards looking for her.....did the center seem to get a bit of founds from the state at all?

just curious....cause they had the lines lit up to the state :)

im really glad ron and don got involved :) i just hadnt heard anything from the locals here regarding them :)

Thank you search center!!! Im go glad you have a place to gather to help find Lindsey and bring her home!

I love all the posters that were put up! they are wonderful :)

if my family and i should want to make one and mail it....could we do that? :)

fleececreations
10-06-2009, 12:55 AM
absolutely! the more posters hanging around the better. it helps keep the searchers and the staff focused. LIndsey brought us all together! and together we can bring Lindsey home!

JenniferO
10-06-2009, 01:14 AM
TakeNote.. I'm not sure if you can mail it to the center itself. Not sure about the mail service there.

Let me find out what I can on that.. if you can't mail it there I will give you my address and I will hand deliver it to the center. :)

cyberswept
10-06-2009, 05:15 AM

since there was a bigger turn out last weekend...do you think that some of it might be because of ron and don show? ...

....ive also wondered if because they took such a big intrest in Lindsey and had their listeners call the state asking why there was not more money put towards looking for her.....did the center seem to get a bit of founds from the state at all?

im really glad ron and don got involved :) i just hadnt heard anything from the locals here regarding them :)

Thank you search center!!! Im go glad you have a place to gather to help find Lindsey and bring her home!

TakeNote, I heard from at least 2 different people that said they heard it on the Ron and Don show and it prompted them to get involved in the search. They were not locals though. Local turnout has been rather low, but I believe it's due to how these searches are being announced. Anyone who has been following the case here or on Lindsey's blog knows about the searches, but locally in McCleary I have not seen anything about when the searches are. I don't even know if information is being posted at the local grocery store and I for one do not get the local paper here. Although they have been good about writing stories about Lindsey, for the most part, it's not worth the paper it is printed on. The Olympian hasn't been good about reporting on the case either in my opinion.

McCleary
10-06-2009, 08:48 AM
TakeNote, I heard from at least 2 different people that said they heard it on the Ron and Don show and it prompted them to get involved in the search. They were not locals though. Local turnout has been rather low, but I believe it's due to how these searches are being announced. Anyone who has been following the case here or on Lindsey's blog knows about the searches, but locally in McCleary I have not seen anything about when the searches are. I don't even know if information is being posted at the local grocery store and I for one do not get the local paper here. Although they have been good about writing stories about Lindsey, for the most part, it's not worth the paper it is printed on. The Olympian hasn't been good about reporting on the case either in my opinion.

The Daily World out of Aberdeen has been better about reporting...maybe they should be notified well in advance of search dates and see if they'll publish them. Everyone in the county is supposed to get a free copy of the East County News, which is their weekly synopsis of the Daily World.

seventeenseconds
10-06-2009, 09:26 AM

i will second that cyber...my husband works in Mcclearly and the locals seem to be unaware of alot of these searches... :(

Kimster
10-06-2009, 11:15 AM
Don't ask me why, but small towns have a horrible information line and a strong gossip vine!

Here's a couple of ideas for spreading the news:

- our town has a message area on the water bill. Contact the city council and ask them if you can stick a blurp on the message area about how to find out when the searches will be happening

- TV and newspapers are required to broadcast a small portion of their news as a public service announcement. Ask them to add the search center to the broadcast

Destiney
10-06-2009, 11:37 AM
I called the city and they are doing some checking to see if we can add a blurp about the upcoming searches in Nov. because the bills have already been distributed for Oct. so hopefully this can help get to the locals.

scandi
10-06-2009, 12:10 PM
Thanks Kimster for this thread. It could end up being a valuable tool for those involved in the searches. My hat goes off to all of you for your active help in bringing Lindsey back home. xoxoxox

JenniferO
10-06-2009, 12:24 PM
I have a current search flyer so if people want to print it and get it posted.. they are more than welcome to. I've emailed it to people as far as Texas.. I just clicked on everyone I knew in my contact list and told them to forward it to everyone they knew. I figured someone someplace would get it and come help.

email searching4lindseybaum@comcast.net and I'll get it sent to you ASAP

Destiney
10-06-2009, 01:06 PM
Ok I have contacted Elma, McCleary, Olympia, Shelton and they all said no to advertising the up coming searches on the billing statement and news letter. Either because of legal reasons or they don't do it. I am still waiting to hear back from Montesano and Aberdeen.

Kimster
10-06-2009, 01:18 PM
Ok I have contacted Elma, McCleary, Olympia, Shelton and they all said no to advertising the up coming searches on the billing statement and news letter. Either because of legal reasons or they don't do it. I am still waiting to hear back from Montesano and Aberdeen.

Legal reasons my big toe! What a bunch of crock! Sorry, but I'm an elected official and know better. When a child is missing, you DO WHAT YOU CAN TO HELP! These people...........:banghead:

Thank you for making those calls! :blowkiss:

Destiney
10-06-2009, 01:21 PM
Legal reasons my big toe! What a bunch of crock! Sorry, but I'm an elected official and know better. When a child is missing, you DO WHAT YOU CAN TO HELP! These people...........:banghead:

Thank you for making those calls! :blowkiss:

The thing which is more frusterating is McCleary was the one to claim legal reasons. :banghead:

No problem anything to help.

Kimster
10-06-2009, 01:24 PM
The thing which is more frusterating is McCleary was the one to claim legal reasons. :banghead:

It was MCCLEARY? Okay. Find out when the next city council meeting is and go there. At the beginning of the meeting, they allow citizens to speak about anything that is not on the agenda. DO NOT let the city officials know you are coming or they might give the councilors a head's up.

Be kind and gracious and humble as you present your request! The council can override that decision!

coastal
10-06-2009, 01:35 PM
Thank you for trying, Destiney. Here's hoping that Montesano and Aberdeen come through for Lindsey.
http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/boese/a020.gif
For the nay-sayers in Elma, McCleary, Olympia and Shelton: shame on you!
http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/boese/k030.gif

LookN4Lindsey
10-06-2009, 01:39 PM

Wish I would have known you guys were doing that I would have given you a heads up. We tried that some time ago and got the same response. :crosseyed:

If you find out about the counsel meeting times and dates let me know and we can go together if you want. I'd like to bring up a few things anyway.

cyberswept
10-06-2009, 01:41 PM

So see, here's my point. Lindsey's case is not getting the local support from our cities it needs and this is one avenue that could really help get the word out. It makes you wonder how much politics is involved. I mean if it was the Mayor's child missing of any town, they'd be all over the search information. In my opinion the search center has been fighting an uphill battle in this respect.

I also want to note I did see some police presence at the search center on Saturday.

Kimster
10-06-2009, 01:49 PM
Okay, this came up about our water billings over something MUCH MORE controversial than this! A local CHURCH was having a BBQ and wanted it announced on the billings! Unless McCleary has a city ordinance about the billing announcements, the "law of the land" is that if you allow messages they MUST be for ALL and not anything commercial or asking for money.

In our case, the church was having a FREE community-wide BBQ with no strings attached, so it was allowed.

Ask the city employees if they have an ordinance about them. If they do, ask for a copy and look it over. If they do not, attend the next council meeting.

Destiney
10-06-2009, 01:50 PM
Wish I would have known you guys were doing that I would have given you a heads up. We tried that some time ago and got the same response. :crosseyed:

If you find out about the counsel meeting times and dates let me know and we can go together if you want. I'd like to bring up a few things anyway.

I'll look into it and let you know.

Kimster
10-06-2009, 01:52 PM
BTW, there should be a reporter at the meeting and just the mere fact that you attend with this request could put you on the front cover of a local paper. :wink:

Destiney
10-06-2009, 01:52 PM
The City Council meets the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month at City Hall. A work session begins at 6:30 pm and the Council meeting begins at 7:00 pm.

The Planning Commission meets at City Hall on the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 5:30 pm.

Destiney
10-06-2009, 01:53 PM
BTW, there should be a reporter at the meeting and just the mere fact that you attend with this request could put you on the front cover of a local paper. :wink:

Really that would be great.

Kimster
10-06-2009, 02:01 PM
The City Council meets the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month at City Hall. A work session begins at 6:30 pm and the Council meeting begins at 7:00 pm.

The Planning Commission meets at City Hall on the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 5:30 pm.

Same nights as here! LOL

You want the City Council meeting. Planning Commission has nothing to do with what you want to do.

STEADFAST
10-06-2009, 02:11 PM
I wonder if putting a flyer up at Evergreen State College in Olympia would get some volunteers out. There are bulletin boards at the Student Center and probably ones at the various cafeterias. They also have an organization called "Community Based Learning," which someone could probably convince that searches for Lindsey would apply to their objectives. Most of the students there are quite comfortable in the woods and hiking everywhere.

LookN4Lindsey
10-06-2009, 02:46 PM
I wonder if putting a flyer up at Evergreen State College in Olympia would get some volunteers out. There are bulletin boards at the Student Center and probably ones at the various cafeterias. They also have an organization called "Community Based Learning," which someone could probably convince that searches for Lindsey would apply to their objectives. Most of the students there are quite comfortable in the woods and hiking everywhere.

That is definitely worth a try - good idea. We will have someone get some fliers up over there.

Destiney
10-06-2009, 04:56 PM

I had a friend post some up, but they need to be updated.

JenniferO
10-06-2009, 05:00 PM
A few of last weeks searchers were actually from Evergreen... they said they were going to get some flyers posted up there this week.

coastal
10-06-2009, 07:06 PM
I'd just like to say thank you to all of you who search for Lindsey. My fragile faith in the goodness of people is strengthened each and every time I come here to check on her, and I find you all are here, again, and still, working so hard together to find this child.
Your kindness and generosity amaze me!

http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/froehlich/a030.gifThanks!

nosylla
10-06-2009, 07:29 PM
Newby here. Never been on a forum. I am amazed at your perseverance and knowledge. I have kept up with Lindsey's case since the moment it was on the news.

I am a Ron and Don listener (we're called the Ron and Don Nation) and I am so happy Don is so passionated and his passion helped me with the decision to help.

I volunteered Sat. I was moved by MB. Such strength.

Anything I can do - I am here and there for you.

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/allysonholmgren/sptd3.gif

McCleary
10-06-2009, 07:30 PM

I said I'd get some up over there...then forgot to get any fliers because my printer is out of ink and I haven't gotten my financial aid checks yet. ..so I can't print any myself. I'm on campus 3-5 days a week, so it wouldn't be hard to go around and put them up.

JenniferO
10-06-2009, 07:36 PM
Newby here. Never been on a forum. I am amazed at your perseverance and knowledge. I have kept up with Lindsey's case since the moment it was on the news.

I am a Ron and Don listener (we're called the Ron and Don Nation) and I am so happy Don is so passionated and his passion helped me with the decision to help.

I volunteered Sat. I was moved by MB. Such strength.

Anything I can do - I am here and there for you.

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/allysonholmgren/sptd3.gif

Welcome to WS. Glad to have you here.

Thank you so much for coming out last weekend. I hope you (and the rest of the Ron and Don Nation) will join us again in the future searches. :)

JenniferO
10-06-2009, 07:38 PM
I said I'd get some up over there...then forgot to get any fliers because my printer is out of ink and I haven't gotten my financial aid checks yet. ..so I can't print any myself. I'm on campus 3-5 days a week, so it wouldn't be hard to go around and put them up.

I'd stop at the McCleary PD and ask them if they have some.

McCleary
10-06-2009, 07:42 PM
I'd stop at the McCleary PD and ask them if they have some.

I'll try that...

I'll also just go to the computer lab on campus and print a bunch...

Kimster
10-06-2009, 07:43 PM
Hi Nosylla!!

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss323/Euler5853/Welcome/SuzyVal08WlcmeToGroup.gif

JenniferO
10-06-2009, 07:45 PM
I'll try that...

I'll also just go to the computer lab on campus and print a bunch...

or contact KK. She might know where to get some.

Destiney
10-06-2009, 08:19 PM
I talked with an old instructor at Grays Harbor College and she is going to see if the HUST program there will get involved. So my fingers are crossed. They are a great group.

fleececreations
10-07-2009, 03:09 PM
i can bring it up with centralia college and see if there are any groups willng to come out and help in future searches as well.

elepher50
10-07-2009, 03:50 PM
I talked with an old instructor at Grays Harbor College and she is going to see if the HUST program there will get involved. So my fingers are crossed. They are a great group.

Just curious - what is the HUST program? I am just being nosey so will not be offended if you don't explain.

LookN4Lindsey
10-07-2009, 04:05 PM
i can bring it up with centralia college and see if there are any groups willng to come out and help in future searches as well.

That would be great! Lets cross our fingers that we can get a good number for all the upcoming searches. There is a lot of area to cover!

nosylla
10-07-2009, 04:42 PM

I came to the search (Sat.) due to Ron and Don show asking to get searchers out there. I have pics I can post as well. Don also posted some on his FB.

Salem
10-08-2009, 11:52 AM
Sending thoughts and prayers to all the searchers (known and unknown) who are gearing up emotionally and mentally to hit the ground this weekend. Lots of focused thoughts to any unknowns who are debating going in an attempt to sway them to search :). May the angels be with you and with Lindsey and may she come home this weekend! (If not sooner)!

Salem

McCleary
10-08-2009, 05:44 PM
Out of curiosity, has anyone emailed or called all the local radio stations before each search to let the public know about it? Off the top of my head I can think of KAOS (evergreen's station), KMAS, KGY, KOMO, KIRO...I'll be they'd at least make an announcement about it and maybe post links on their local events calenders...

kageykaren
10-08-2009, 06:09 PM
:wave: Boondock, need that link for all media outlets. They say, "Third time is a charm!" It may be a good thing for this thread to. Peeps can click and dial or email. :bow:

boondock
10-08-2009, 06:25 PM
:wave: Boondock, need that link for all media outlets. They say, "Third time is a charm!" It may be a good thing for this thread to. Peeps can click and dial or email. :bow:

Here ya go Karen:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4040990&postcount=645

My original post didn't have any radio station links that I remember, but this link to the Yahoo directory for WA state media is more than helpful:

http://dir.yahoo.com/News_and_Media/By_Region/U_S__States/Washington/Complete_List/

RoseWhite
10-08-2009, 07:59 PM
Don't just think paper fliers. LOTS of colleges and other public communities have fan pages on Facebook and other social sites. UW has over 14,000 fans.

A gentle reminder of a search event and a link can be posted publicly on pages that allow links. Someone posted on UW that they lost their purse. So this wouldn't be bad form. Here are a few college pages.

http://www.facebook.com/saintmartinsuniversity
http://www.facebook.com/TheEvergreenStateCollege
http://www.facebook.com/UofWA

~dragonfly~
10-08-2009, 10:11 PM
from Ohio.......

positive thoughts and prayers going out to all who head out to search. :praying:

if i lived around there, i'd be there.

i will have a candle lit...lets bring Lindsey home :(

Salem
10-09-2009, 12:06 PM
I read on the FA thread that 50 NG'smen were coming to help with the search this weekend. Can anyone confirm that for me?

I'm praying they are there.

Salem

JenniferO
10-09-2009, 12:31 PM
I don't know if they are NG.. but I can confirm that we are expecting a very large group of military people this weekend.

eyes4crime
10-09-2009, 11:06 PM
Just a note to all our dedicated and brave volunteers - THANK YOU! :blowkiss:

nosylla
10-09-2009, 11:45 PM
Just a note to all our dedicated and brave volunteers - THANK YOU! :blowkiss:
Yes! I also wrote Don O'Neill to see if he can step up his efforts to the "Nation" about getting volunteers out there for the current and upcoming search dates. Again... the weather will deter many folks from trekking the areas that need to be grid searched, once short daylight hours hit and wet, cold, windy days start.

I searched with a team last weekend... and the forest was great and easy to navigate in 65 degree weather with blue skies and sunshine... but as I walked...I imagining it in a month with rain and cloudy days.. and I think most would not want to walk where our team walked searching if it's dark and raining.

I also would like to plead to get donations or hold fundraisers to up the reward money.

I follow all the missing kids cases and have for years (and missing and abducted women) and it seems that most after a month or so have these huge rewards for any info. I feel the reward money may need to be increased... to really get some motivation for someone who may know something...to talk...if they are hesitant to talk. Unfortunately - money talks.

Many of the rewards are like up to $75,000 and around there.

I would be happy to work with others to begin fundraisers. I know the economic woes of many and with the regular working folk of McCleary and I understand how hard it is to come up with money... (me knowing...with me being one of the unhappily unemployed at the moment...UGH...I call it "unenjoyment") but I know that it would only take a few people to get some fundraisers started to raise some money. I am a networking addict while I attempt to become re-employed and in my line of business in Sales and Marketing... I am offering to to throw this out and if anyone in the Renton - Seattle area is in... let me know. We can get this started.

I have 2 daughters and one son... 19 year old twins and a 25 year old.. and I can NOT imagine having one vanish.

Lindsey is somewhere close to McCleary. Someone there knows something.

Lets get this wrapped up and help LE and the Baum family with what we can.

I am on a mission. :)

JenniferO
10-10-2009, 01:29 AM
Everyone needs to write the governor about helping with the reward fund.

Even the broke state of California was able to come up with some money for Amber Dubois' reward fund.

Seems Ms. Gregoire should have some gentle reminders that Lindsey needs her help. Money talks.. especially in an area such as McCleary. :)

Salem
10-10-2009, 01:24 PM
Prayers to all of you out there on the ground today and everyone who is backing you up with support at the front line. May the angels be with you and Lindsey and may she come home today.

Salem

momtective
10-10-2009, 01:42 PM
Prayers for all the volunteers today for divine guidance in locating Lindsey. Lindsey had a very special gift of discernment, she knew that danger awaited her. My prayer is that one of the searchers will be gifted with the same sense of discernment, a special unexplainable knowledge of just where to find her.

My prayer for all of you.
Please Lord, let em bring our girl home today! Please bring peace and closure for her family and please bring justice for her abductor. You are not a God who takes pleasure in evil, with you the wicked cannot dwell. (Psalm 11:5-7) You are a God who loves justice (Psalm 5:4). Bring forth justice Lord and bring peace over this situation, especially to Lindsey's family. Watch over those who are searching today Lord, and give them Your favor in the work You have set before them. May it please you Lord that they are giving so selflessly of themselves and may it be Your will that they be successful in finding Lindsey.
In Jesus name,
Amen

Salem
10-10-2009, 01:46 PM
(((((momtective)))))

((((((searchers))))))

Salem

momtective - I read your prayer over a couple of times while visualizing Lindsey, MB & JB and the searchers. Thank you!

seventeenseconds
10-10-2009, 02:29 PM
momtective - I read your prayer over a couple of times while visualizing Lindsey, MB & JB and the searchers. Thank you

speaking of prayers fellow sleuthers...this is OT but i have to fly back to Philadelphia to help my termanally ill Mom...please keep her in your prayers...i will try
to pop in now and then if i can...take care...Seventeenseconds

scandi
10-10-2009, 03:45 PM
momtective - I read your prayer over a couple of times while visualizing Lindsey, MB & JB and the searchers. Thank you

speaking of prayers fellow sleuthers...this is OT but i have to fly back to Philadelphia to help my termanally ill Mom...please keep her in your prayers...i will try
to pop in now and then if i can...take care...Seventeenseconds

Hi SeventeenSeconds, I will keep both you and your Mom in my prayers.

And Momtective, Thanks for the meaningful prayer

Krams to you both and to all the searchers today. xox

TakeNote
10-10-2009, 07:13 PM
thinking of all the searchers today!

THANK YOU for all you do!!!

we love you LINDSEY!

nosylla
10-10-2009, 07:27 PM
I assume this thread is for search pics. Here are a couple from last Saturday 10/3

Had to take this pic.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1023&pictureid=8654

Oprah's film crew and producer
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1023&pictureid=8655

Search Center
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1023&pictureid=8656

Jules71
10-10-2009, 11:45 PM
Thanks to everyone who searched today! How'd it go? Can you say?

McCleary
10-11-2009, 01:03 AM
Thanks to everyone who searched today! How'd it go? Can you say?

I was only there for a few hours...but the weather was pretty perfect for searching today, and there were a wonderful number of volunteers. Looks like there should be a good number of them there again tomorrow.

jvk
10-11-2009, 02:27 AM
I can't say enough about the volunteers today.

They really went the extra mile & for that they get my respect.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff92/BGL78/McCleary12/IMG00304-20091010-1711.jpg

jvk
10-11-2009, 02:32 AM
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff92/BGL78/McCleary12/IMG00296-20091010-0923.jpg

jvk
10-11-2009, 02:35 AM
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff92/BGL78/McCleary12/IMG00301-20091010-1108.jpg

scandi
10-11-2009, 02:39 AM
Thanks Jvk for sharing those memories of today with us. Seeing that brought a tear to my eye when I think of all the good thoughts about their friend Lindsey that these people had while getting everything ready for the search. xox

TamgMit
10-11-2009, 07:15 AM
Thank you searchers for all you do to bring LB home.. I also would like to thank JVK for the beautiful pictures he takes. You ALL are awesome

AmandaReckonwith
10-11-2009, 09:02 PM
God bless all of you who have given your time and talent and energy to helping bring Lindsey home.

Thank you.

Kimster
10-11-2009, 09:46 PM
I can't say enough about the volunteers today.

They really went the extra mile & for that they get my respect.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff92/BGL78/McCleary12/IMG00304-20091010-1711.jpg

Oh my gosh! I wish we could use this as a BANNER at the top of our Lindsey forum!

For those that see this pic, you're gonna need this:
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u12/darkside709/kleenex.gif

scandi
10-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Oh my gosh! I wish we could use this as a BANNER at the top of our Lindsey forum!

I vote that for Post of the Day Kimster. What a grand idea! xox

eyes4crime
10-11-2009, 09:54 PM
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff92/BGL78/McCleary12/IMG00296-20091010-0923.jpg

Jvk - your beautiful pictures are all about Lindsey. Your pictures of the volunteers, searchers, and all who have contributed to Lindsey in untold ways by baking, making CD's, posting pictures, stuffed animals, searching...keeps it all about Lindsey. Thanks jvk for the pics.

eyes4crime
10-11-2009, 10:19 PM

What a wonderful idea! That picture would be great as a BANNER - can you do it Kimster? I just made it part of my Google screen saver. Would love to see it every :crazy: time I log on here.

jvk
10-12-2009, 01:31 AM
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff92/BGL78/McCleary12/IMG00312-20091011-1811.jpg

breanna
10-12-2009, 01:42 AM
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff92/BGL78/McCleary12/IMG00312-20091011-1811.jpg

Think the other pics made you cry? Well if you could read the comments from the soldiers who have never met Lindsey and came and gave their free time....it was something.

I have a new respect this weekend.

Don't know what it is about all these locals, people, soldiers who came...but we all bond instantly and we feel like we've known each other a long time.

Thanks. It's all for our Lindsey.

LookN4Lindsey
10-12-2009, 03:11 AM
Think the other pics made you cry? Well if you could read the comments from the soldiers who have never met Lindsey and came and gave their free time....it was something.

I have a new respect this weekend.

Don't know what it is about all these locals, people, soldiers who came...but we all bond instantly and we feel like we've known each other a long time.

Thanks. It's all for our Lindsey.

We have met a lot of really wonderful and caring people through the Lindsey Baum search center from day one but I have to say that this weekend was definitely one of the more emotional ones for many. It was amazing to see how much these men and women truly cared and to see them without pause taking on searches that many would have struggled with was awe-inspiring, heart-warming and such a blessing for the center - Lindsey (a self proclaimed Army Brat) would be proud.

- You may not be able to make it out but one of the soldiers have the following note written on the poster above: "Keep your head up we are close girl!" I never made it past that one...

Novice Seeker
10-12-2009, 12:45 PM

Such a strange reaction from a community of that size. It does make one wonder why? Why the lack of interest? Perhaps there's a community opinion as to what happened and who may have been involved. Be interesting to learn more about some of the local culture.

Novice Seeker

SadlyMistaken
10-12-2009, 02:19 PM
We have met a lot of really wonderful and caring people through the Lindsey Baum search center from day one but I have to say that this weekend was definitely one of the more emotional ones for many. It was amazing to see how much these men and women truly cared and to see them without pause taking on searches that many would have struggled with was awe-inspiring, heart-warming and such a blessing for the center - Lindsey (a self proclaimed Army Brat) would be proud.

- You may not be able to make it out but one of the soldiers have the following note written on the poster above: "Keep your head up we are close girl!" I never made it past that one...

OMG LookN4Lindsey.. your quote that the soldier wrote gave me chills. What a wonderful thing to for him to write!

You guys are awesome and Lindsey will be so proud of how hard you guys are working to get her home. There is a special place in heaven for you.. I am sure of it.

I came on Saturday and brought my sister and son. One of the people said that only 11 people showed up to search.. beside the soldiers.. is that true?

I saw it on the news before I left. They said that they needed searchers. What else can be done to get more people down there. We came about about 100 miles to come down there.. and we made up 3 of those 11. That is really sad that more people close to there are not showing up.

JenniferO
10-12-2009, 02:32 PM

I didn't make it any further than that either..

fleececreations
10-13-2009, 10:46 AM
to get others out here, first is word of mouth! and lindseys picture! they have sweaters and tshirts avaliable for sale at the center and thats always a great conversation starter! offer to carpool! this helps many who have the intentions but not the funds...

help us keep it in the media! if you dont hear about it for a few days,,, call the news station and tell them you want an update and ask if they foundher! If we all make to call they will keep it on the air! (king 5, komo 4, 13 fox, kiro 7, ) keep writting the governor asking for help from the national guard! ask her for help in getting the reward money higher! anything to help bring lindsey home!

JenniferO
10-13-2009, 01:47 PM
Video from this past weekend:

Made by Onamission
THE ARMY HAS ARRIVED Video by MISSING CHILDREN - MySpace Video@@AMEPARAM@@http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=64141879@@AMEPARAM@@mediaservices@@AMEPARAM@@mys pace@@AMEPARAM@@services/media/embed@@AMEPARAM@@aspx/m@@AMEPARAM@@64141879

fleececreations
10-13-2009, 07:51 PM
anyone catch it on oprah?

nosylla
10-13-2009, 07:56 PM
I caught it and we recorded it on DVR.

JenniferO
10-13-2009, 07:59 PM

Yep. :)

fleececreations
10-13-2009, 08:15 PM
i got it on dvr but was hoping someone knows how to put it on internet??

JenniferO
10-13-2009, 08:17 PM
it's already on the internet

Show Videos And Transcripts ***"No Discussion"*** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Last post on that thread

Knox
10-17-2009, 01:16 PM
My thoughts are with the Searcher's today and tomorrow! Bring Lindsey Home!!!

scandi
10-17-2009, 01:42 PM

My thoughts are too Knox. We are having a wild little thunder storm here in Portland this morning - unusual as they usually happen in the evening, and it is raining cats and dogs!

I hope the weather is clear in McCleary and that this will be the day Lindsey is found. xox

nosylla
10-17-2009, 03:48 PM
FB posting from MT says they "are in need of volunteers". (she works at LB Search Center) As if... no one showed up to search today (Saturday) It is pouring rain here 76 miles north of McCleary.

JenniferO
10-17-2009, 04:13 PM
We have had just a few volunteers today.

We need everyone to spread the word that we are going to be doing searches every weekend through the end of November. RAIN OR SHINE.

Knox
10-17-2009, 04:32 PM
A big shout out to the Volunteer's who showed up today to search in the rain!! You guys ROCK! :bow:

elepher50
10-17-2009, 11:28 PM
Kudos to all the searchers who braved the weather in McCleary to find Lindsey. Thoughts and prayers for Lindsey and all the searchers.
Keep the faith that Lindsey is going to be found and you all are doing an awesome job.

momtective
10-17-2009, 11:50 PM
I was hoping for some good news before I called it a night...Thank you to all the volunteers who braved the elements today to search for Lindsey. You are all in my prayers and I hope the end of your day will find you sitting in a nice, warm, bubble bath; drinking a glass of your favorite wine.
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w209/toibox67/3ZRjB3esgy.jpg

JenniferO
10-19-2009, 01:33 PM
EDIT: Things have changed. We will not be searching for the next few weeks. We will resume once hunting season is over.

Searches this past weekend.. nothing new to report. Low turn out but I think it was because people are assuming we aren't going to search in the rain. We are devoted and a little (or a lot) of rain isn't going to stop any of us. Many of our core team members spent the weekend out there searching to make up for the lack of volunteers.

Hunting Season is upon us..
We are asking all hunters in the area to keep an eye out for anything they might come across. If any of you hunt or have family that do in this area please tell them to keep an eye out for what Lindsey was last wearing (light weight bluish gray shirt with long sleeves and a hood, dark blue jeans with ripped knees and black slip on shoes). If anyone finds anything they think needs to be looked into please call

Grays Harbor Police operations center at 800-281-6944

Grays Harbor County Information Hot-line (Tip line) (866) 915-8299

Grays Harbor County E911 Dispatch Center (360) 533-8765 (out of county)

McCleary Police (360) 495-3107

onamission7304
10-19-2009, 09:22 PM
EDIT: Things have changed. We will not be searching for the next few weeks. We will resume once hunting season is over.

Searches this past weekend.. nothing new to report. Low turn out but I think it was because people are assuming we aren't going to search in the rain. We are devoted and a little (or a lot) of rain isn't going to stop any of us. Many of our core team members spent the weekend out there searching to make up for the lack of volunteers.

Hunting Season is upon us..
We are asking all hunters in the area to keep an eye out for anything they might come across. If any of you hunt or have family that do in this area please tell them to keep an eye out for what Lindsey was last wearing (light weight bluish gray shirt with long sleeves and a hood, dark blue jeans with ripped knees and black slip on shoes). If anyone finds anything they think needs to be looked into please call

Grays Harbor Police operations center at 800-281-6944

Grays Harbor County Information Hot-line (Tip line) (866) 915-8299

Grays Harbor County E911 Dispatch Center (360) 533-8765 (out of county)

McCleary Police (360) 495-3107

Correction:
We will have searches this coming weekend and every weekend after: Rain or Shine we are just going to be doing things a bit different. So please if you planned on coming out to help us search for Lindsey we will be there and we will need searchers.
It will not be the same type of searches but searches none the less.

we open at 9am Saturday and Sunday again Rain or Shine we only have a few more weeks that we can search before snow hits. And even when snow hits we will not quit. we have other things in the works.

Thank you all!!!!

JenniferO
10-20-2009, 12:30 AM
onamission, Thanks for correcting my post.

Glad to hear that we are still going to be able to do searches. Your email made it sound as if we were being told not to search at all.

breanna
10-20-2009, 12:58 AM
onamission, Thanks for correcting my post.

Glad to hear that we are still going to be able to do searches. Your email made it sound as if we were being told not to search at all.

Thanks JenniferO. But I don't believe we are going to be able to search like we were searching. NO woods searches at all.

If searchers show up this coming weekend, they need to know they are going door to door, passing out flyers, going to logging roads to the hunter's, to pass out flyers etc, etc.,

We are NOT sending searchers out on mapping areas. This needs to be reiterated to any searchers showing up.

By the way...we have a girl who has been helping us in the search center...her name is Julie. She is very ill, and has been admitted to the hospital today.

Please everyone, send a prayer out to Julie. Thanks!

breanna
10-20-2009, 01:12 AM
Thanks JenniferO. But I don't believe we are going to be able to search like we were searching. NO woods searches at all.

If searchers show up this coming weekend, they need to know they are going door to door, passing out flyers, going to logging roads to the hunter's, to pass out flyers etc, etc.,

We are NOT sending searchers out on mapping areas. This needs to be reiterated to any searchers showing up.

By the way...we have a girl who has been helping us in the search center...her name is Julie. She is very ill, and has been admitted to the hospital today.

Please everyone, send a prayer out to Julie. Thanks!

OMG. I just now saw my avatar and all that.

You are all a bunch of nasty little frigging brats!!!!!

LOL....

Jennerator....you are a dead woman. Fix it NOW!

LOL.

God I Love you guys :) I really do.

JenniferO
10-20-2009, 01:26 AM
I don't know your password.. what makes you think I did this?

onamission7304
10-20-2009, 01:34 AM
OMG. I just now saw my avatar and all that.

You are all a bunch of nasty little frigging brats!!!!!

LOL....

Jennerator....you are a dead woman. Fix it NOW!

LOL.

God I Love you guys :) I really do.

LOL thought you would get a kick out of that it is nice to laugh a little in such sad times:)

breanna
10-20-2009, 01:34 AM
I don't know your password.. what makes you think I did this?

Sure thing :) JenniferO is going to get in trouble pretty soon :)

Cheers to all of you. I love you guys.

Losers :)

onamission7304
10-20-2009, 01:35 AM
Sure thing :) JennfrerO is going to get in trouble pretty soon :)

Cheers to all of you. I love you guys.

Losers :)

We love you too see you Saturday!!!!

jvk
10-20-2009, 01:37 AM
buahaha i told you she wouldn't notice until she posted!

this will now go down in history

breanna
10-20-2009, 01:42 AM
buahaha i told you she wouldn't notice until she posted!

this will now go down in history

Loser. You are now on my "list" too.

:)

I don't get mad, I get even. :)

JenniferO
10-20-2009, 01:45 AM
:angel: hahahaha

JenniferO
10-20-2009, 01:50 AM
Better?

breanna
10-20-2009, 01:59 AM
Better?

How the heck would I know? I haven't posted yet. You are all so gonna get in trouble :)

Thanks all for keeping up with us. We have some locals and posters here who are just too funny :) Silly people really. They aren't important at all :)

Kidding :)

TakeNote
10-20-2009, 03:02 PM
I wannnna see :biggrin:

Knox
10-20-2009, 05:28 PM
Anyone know if that location was checked out?

LookN4Lindsey
10-20-2009, 06:36 PM
Anyone know if that location was checked out?

There have been people there to check it out. I am sure there will be more to come as well so they can expand to make sure nothing gets overlooked.

TakeNote
10-20-2009, 09:19 PM
are we talking the location, that we were all talking about the other day/night

ok...that sounded koookie....im talking code....and just hope i know the right code to talk in.....LOL

scandi
10-20-2009, 09:46 PM
are we talking the location, that we were all talking about the other day/night

ok...that sounded koookie....im talking code....and just hope i know the right code to talk in.....LOL

:D I've always loved your talking code as it puts a big smile on my face. xox

So if the land proves welcoming . . . . do you think those who walk it will have open arms . . . or hold them close against their chest? :angel:

TakeNote
10-20-2009, 09:56 PM
depends on how fruitful the land is??

and i lub you berry much! :)

scandi
10-20-2009, 10:20 PM
depends on how fruitful the land is??

and i lub you berry much! :)

Back at 'cha ;}

I think they usually measure the trees before they call in the fellers. Just like they usually pick the apples before they make the pie . . . so we can go get one at the store! LOL

Knox
10-21-2009, 01:08 AM
Hope they bring some kibbles & bits along, working out in the fresh air always makes you hungry :)

fleececreations
10-21-2009, 08:17 PM
Breanna: glad to see you are staying true to the "bag and Tag"!

couldnt do it without ya!

McCleary
10-21-2009, 11:28 PM
Wow...I'm offline for 3 days and you all get weird(er)...I think I should be scared...

TakeNote
10-22-2009, 01:12 AM
oh...be skeeeeered very skeeeered....this wackie ness is what happens when you join w/s........and become friends :biggrin:

TakeNote
10-22-2009, 01:14 AM
wanted to check in and see how things are going?

how are you all holding up?

(((hugs))) to you all!!!

I know you are limited on what info you can give out....i just want to know how everyone is and so forth :)

of...forgot to ask....does the center have enough funds right now for all the office kind of things that need to be done?

fleececreations
10-22-2009, 10:50 AM
as a team, we are determined to find Lindsey! as with every team, we have our ups and downs, it happens when you get so many women confined to a small area for several days! but nonetheless, we are getting things done!

as for funds, the center is in dire need! there are so many things we need but cant get. We have been blessed with a single phone line donated, wireless internet donated, a port o potty donated, and the building donated. We do need a table sized copy machine (commercial grade), gift cards for food such as walmart, costco, subway, pizza. etc. Funds can be donated several ways. we have bank accounts set up for the searches and for the reward, also they are tax deductable if donated thru Guardians of the Children. (a nonprofit that has been helping us) [url]www.guardiansofthechildren.webs.com
there is a paypal link on their main page. please state the donation is for the Lindsey Baum Search Center.

Also go to the main Lindsey site at: Http://www.findlindseybaum.com for bank info and mailing addresses for supplies.

We are so very thankful for the outpouring of support both locally and nationally. Together we can bring Lindsey home.!

breanna
10-25-2009, 12:12 AM
Hey Jennerator....how was the drive home?

Anyway...not a good search day at all. We only had 2 searchers show up besides our local group. Maybe 10 of us total. We did manage to check some areas, but if it continues like this....I don't know what we'll do.

No searches next weekend because of Halloween, too many of us have kids and grandkids and family things.

Last I heard, next search will be the weekend after next.

Hats off to all of you who are always there, and who keep showing up and searching. What else can we do but keep looking?

:praying:: grouphug:

And a special Thanks to Monica today. She was very helpful in guiding us as we searched. :dance:

JenniferO
10-25-2009, 12:30 AM
The drive home was fine, Breanna. How was yours?

lmao@ monica

I wonder if she's friends with Margaret.

breanna
10-25-2009, 12:36 AM
The drive home was fine, Breanna. How was yours?

lmao@ monica

I wonder if she's friends with Margaret.

It was just peachy.

LOL. That Margaret. I'm sure they are friends :) Good friends.

nosylla
10-25-2009, 09:08 PM
Hey Jennerator....how was the drive home?

Anyway...not a good search day at all. We only had 2 searchers show up besides our local group. Maybe 10 of us total. We did manage to check some areas, but if it continues like this....I don't know what we'll do.

No searches next weekend because of Halloween, too many of us have kids and grandkids and family things.

Last I heard, next search will be the weekend after next.

Hats off to all of you who are always there, and who keep showing up and searching. What else can we do but keep looking?

:praying:: grouphug:

And a special Thanks to Monica today. She was very helpful in guiding us as we searched. :dance:
As I mentioned on other tread... I will shout out to Don O'Neill at KIRO to talk about the searches and have him get his radio show listeners involved and committing to come out and search before the weather really gets nasty!!

I will do what I can.

fleececreations
10-26-2009, 02:08 AM
incase anyone wanted to know.. i finally arrived at home at 7pm! blah! my foot hurts, im whinning!!! but im ready for the next one! gonna be weird to be home for a weekend! can we have some phone support set up for those of us suffering from withdrawl symptoms?

TakeNote
10-26-2009, 05:59 PM
thanks again to all of you at the search center......
thanks to all of you that are our boots on the ground!!!

:grouphug:

Jules71
11-08-2009, 08:05 PM
I am surprised nothing is posted here this weekend - was there a search today and yesterday?

jvk
11-09-2009, 12:55 AM
1 Searcher showed up Yesterday.
2 Searchers today.

The weather yesterday was bad (hail, heavy rain)

Ever seen wet (ahem soaked) jeans steam before?

Weather today was better but still rainy. I took a (boring) picture

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8407/img00072200911081301.jpg

Not too much to report. Other than the lack there of.

scandi
11-09-2009, 01:31 AM
1 Searcher showed up Yesterday.
2 Searchers today.

The weather yesterday was bad (hail, heavy rain)

Ever seen wet (ahem soaked) jeans steam before?

Weather today was better but still rainy. I took a (boring) picture

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8407/img00072200911081301.jpg

Not too much to report. Other than the lack there of.

Oh, but it is so good to see you Jvk and what a trooper to be out searching in such bad weather. It rained over an inch in Portland yesterday so I knew you'd be getting it up there too.

BTW, it might be a boring photo but what a very clear one. LOL Plus the fact you had your camera with.

A quick question Jvk: There is no way to go from Libby's house and cut thru whatever is across the street from her to 3rd St, is there? It looks like they are joined apts across the street. So hard to tell on a Google map. It would just mean if they weren't home at Libby's she'd have to turn N on Main to get over to 3rd from there.

Have you ever driven up to the water tower? On the map it looks like Cedar becomes that dirt road. I have had a hard time finding a decent and more detailed map of McCleary.

Thanks

TakeNote
11-09-2009, 04:51 AM
thinking of all of you :hug:

scandi
11-09-2009, 05:08 AM
thinking of all of you :hug:

Good to see you Note and hope you and your dear family are all over the flu and it is behind you. It would be so hard for everyone to have it about the same time like you did. xox

coastal
11-09-2009, 12:18 PM
incase anyone wanted to know.. i finally arrived at home at 7pm! blah! my foot hurts, im whinning!!! but im ready for the next one! gonna be weird to be home for a weekend! can we have some phone support set up for those of us suffering from withdrawl symptoms?
http://www.cosgan.de/images/midi/liebe/a095.gif
http://www.cosgan.de/images/midi/liebe/a085.gif

JenniferO
11-16-2009, 09:23 PM
JVK forgot to mention in his update that he forgot dry clothing so he was forced to sit around most of Sunday afternoon in wet jeans.

But his new boots kept his feet warm and dry.

jvk
11-16-2009, 11:15 PM
I don't regret where i've been. Only where i haven't.

scandi
11-19-2009, 11:28 PM
I decided to bring some thoughts about searching for Lindsey here to this thread and hope that is OK.

I have never been a part of a search party. The closest I have ever been to a search team in action was when they discovered the remains of a girl in Tualatin Or, over beyond some railroad tracks and left there by the Green River killer. A sad day it was.

What I remember is how organized it seemed, the searchers oblivious to people parked out on the Sherwood Tualatin road who were gawking to see what was going on :angel:. That is what has me wondering about the searches that are ongoing in McCleary, now done with volunteers since the official LE search is long over.

I don't want anyone here to think I am anything but grateful to these 'friends of Lindsey' for the work they do to try and find her. I appreciate all that is being done by each of you at the search center.

Often it is the re-searching that brings the discovery of the remains. So you re-search areas I have read. I don't know why searchers would even be concerned with the media being there. They aren't at task to find clues left behind, or her body.

And I am concerned because in these volunteer searches there is no sight of LE presence as has been stated here. I know you have all been trained in what to do. I guess it is the casual feeling I came away with from reading some posts here on the main thread that bother me about the searches. Moving things with a stick is something I have never heard of before. Usually that searcher would stop and a qualified person would be called over to examine what has been found before the ground is touched.

I guess I would like to know more about the process. Like are there 'hot' areas that are reserved for only LE supervised searches? Again I thank you all for your good work for Lindsey. I hope she is found ASAP and before the Holidays come. xox

JenniferO
11-20-2009, 12:06 AM
Scandi, I hope I can answer your questions thoroughly.

When someone comes in to volunteer to search they start by registering and getting a search vest, after we have enough people to send out on a search (areas are mapped by our "map specialist" using a method learned from Brad Dennis) we assemble them in the "briefing" room with the briefer, they are instructed on what they are looking for and how to handle it if they find something (whether it be a random bottle or a couple of bones). If they stumble upon what they feel is a crime scene or something they feel needs to be checked out right that minute they are given a number to call. They call and talk to a member of the core team. We instruct them on what to do and we call the LE to go with us/meet us there to check it out. Some times we send someone from the core team to go and check before calling the LE. But LE is involved in the searches if and when we call them.
Once a search area is complete the searchers return to the center and go into what is called the "debriefing" room. A "debriefer" then takes the notes from the team (everyone tells the debriefer what they saw) writes the report, everyone signs off on it, everyone is thanked for their time and they either go back out on another search or they leave.

At the end of the weekend all of the reports are turned into the LE for them to read.

Hope that helps clear up some of your questions.

scandi
11-20-2009, 01:05 AM

When someone comes in to volunteer to search they start by registering and getting a search vest, after we have enough people to send out on a search (areas are mapped by our "map specialist" using a method learned from Brad Dennis) we assemble them in the "briefing" room with the briefer, they are instructed on what they are looking for and how to handle it if they find something (whether it be a random bottle or a couple of bones). If they stumble upon what they feel is a crime scene or something they feel needs to be checked out right that minute they are given a number to call. They call and talk to a member of the core team. We instruct them on what to do and we call the LE to go with us/meet us there to check it out. Some times we send someone from the core team to go and check before calling the LE. But LE is involved in the searches if and when we call them.
Once a search area is complete the searchers return to the center and go into what is called the "debriefing" room. A "debriefer" then takes the notes from the team (everyone tells the debriefer what they saw) writes the report, everyone signs off on it, everyone is thanked for their time and they either go back out on another search or they leave.

At the end of the weekend all of the reports are turned into the LE for them to read.

Thanks Jennifer and that does help allot. You are organized and work under the guidelines given to you by experts like Brad Dennis.

A question which I hope you can answer is are there areas you know about where the volunteer team do not search? Places set aside purposefully where only LE go as they have the time to search? I don't mean for you to mention specific areas as I know they wouldn't let that info out to the public. You might not even knew these areas. Just, do they have off linit areas for the volunteers?

And do you ever wonder about areas you don't think have been searched and wonder why?

Thanks

JenniferO
11-20-2009, 02:11 AM
Thanks Jennifer and that does help allot. You are organized and work under the guidelines given to you by experts like Brad Dennis.

A question which I hope you can answer is are there areas you know about where the volunteer team do not search? Places set aside purposefully where only LE go as they have the time to search? I don't mean for you to mention specific areas as I know they wouldn't let that info out to the public. You might not even knew these areas. Just, do they have off linit areas for the volunteers?

And do you ever wonder about areas you don't think have been searched and wonder why?

Thanks

No, we are not limited to where we search (within reason. Obviously we can't search posted private property unless we have consent of the owners and again obviously we aren't searching inside peoples houses.)

scandi
11-20-2009, 02:29 AM
No, we are not limited to where we search (within reason. Obviously we can't search posted private property unless we have consent of the owners and again obviously we aren't searching inside peoples houses.)

I appreciate your answer Jennifer. I was hoping LE had an area they have been silently working on.

Off to watch the Mentalist and listen to the rain in the background. ;}

scandi
11-24-2009, 10:30 PM
Hi, I just read a post from a local on a forum I had never been to before. He said there are several abandoned houses in McCleary, and 2 of them are on Main St.

That is not a really long street, and I'm wondering if these houses were searched by LE.

Can any local from McCleary tell us where those houses are, and if they are close at all to Libby's house in the 200 block? Also, what is the name of the bar across the street from Libby's? Ta

JenniferO
11-24-2009, 11:04 PM
Scandi, I believe the only bar in McCleary is Rounders. It's on Simpson, next to the Gordons Grocery not across the street from T and L's house on Main.

I don't know anything about what LE has searched and what they haven't so I can't help you there. Sorry.

scandi
11-24-2009, 11:37 PM
Scandi, I believe the only bar in McCleary is Rounders. It's on Simpson, next to the Gordons Grocery not across the street from T and L's house on Main.

I don't know anything about what LE has searched and what they haven't so I can't help you there. Sorry.

Thanks Jennifer, I get so frustrated. Here it is almost the day before Thanksgiving and Lindsey is still not found. LE believes she knew this person who took her. Someone in Lindsey's small world knows exactly where she is tonight IMO. And I just have to believe someone else noticed something, or heard something relevant about either the taking or possible disposal of her body if she is gone from this life.

It is a real stretch for me to think she is off in Spain,North Africa or the Middle East somewhere, sold!

JenniferO
11-24-2009, 11:39 PM
I'm right there with you Scandi.

It's all very frustrating.

McCleary
11-25-2009, 03:04 AM
Hi, I just read a post from a local on a forum I had never been to before. He said there are several abandoned houses in McCleary, and 2 of them are on Main St.

That is not a really long street, and I'm wondering if these houses were searched by LE.

Can any local from McCleary tell us where those houses are, and if they are close at all to Libby's house in the 200 block? Also, what is the name of the bar across the street from Libby's? Ta

They may be talking about what used to be the Next Door Cafe (I believe). It was a restaurant and lounge that is across from the shell station and next door to the liquour store. It's been empty and boarded up for quite a while now. I don't know about any abandoned houses in town itself, but I know of several within a few miles of town. There are quite a few for rent and for sale signs up again though.

LookyLu
11-25-2009, 02:10 PM
I'm fairly new to WS and just checking to see how the search is coming for Lindsey. I'm sure the ground searches must be really difficult with the terrain and thick growth. My cousin lived in Sequim for years and I'd visit and spend time w/her exploring Olympic Park and the rain forest. It's absolutely beautiful country but can't imagine how hard it has to be to search for clues to her disappearance.

Maybe the People cover will bring in some more volunteers for the search. Are the local radio stations still talking about the searches and asking for help out there? How about a plea to any organizations or clubs in the area? I'm sure you've done all of that but just trying to think of how to get some help before the weather gets just awful for you. I'm in Michigan and can't help except to say my thoughts and prayers are with you all. I wish I were closer, I'd be there helping in any way I could. Please keep the faith and know many of us are thinking of Lindsey and praying she finds her way home soon. :praying:

~Lu

scandi
11-25-2009, 02:40 PM
I'm fairly new to WS and just checking to see how the search is coming for Lindsey. I'm sure the ground searches must be really difficult with the terrain and thick growth. My cousin lived in Sequim for years and I'd visit and spend time w/her exploring Olympic Park and the rain forest. It's absolutely beautiful country but can't imagine how hard it has to be to search for clues to her disappearance.

Maybe the People cover will bring in some more volunteers for the search. Are the local radio stations still talking about the searches and asking for help out there? How about a plea to any organizations or clubs in the area? I'm sure you've done all of that but just trying to think of how to get some help before the weather gets just awful for you. I'm in Michigan and can't help except to say my thoughts and prayers are with you all. I wish I were closer, I'd be there helping in any way I could. Please keep the faith and know many of us are thinking of Lindsey and praying she finds her way home soon. :praying:

~Lu

Hi LookyLu, Thanks for your post. It reminded me of a note I made last night while watching HLN.

The TH said often when a child goes missing in a small town they don't usually have the resources to prioritize the case or the knowledge on how to go about it.

I think Lindsey's case is a perfect example of this. McCleary was stunned. And even tho the detectives/investigators might be among the finest one could ever find, it wasn't the usual crime they deal with ~ drugs, SO activity, murder and rape is their normal type case IMO. Thanks to the Klaas Foundation and the LRC becoming involved and educating community members on what to do and how, and to the FBI bringing in their expertise on locating missing children, Lindsey's case was kept in front of the public eye.

I don't know why the LRC stepped out of the case - maybe they simply direct the community at first with setting up accounts, I don't know.

I just know I pray every day that this will be it. We will learn that LE had a bead on what happened all along and it is just a matter of putting the pieces of the puzzle together to solve the case and nail those responsible for the crimes they commited. xox

JenniferO
11-25-2009, 03:06 PM
LRC didn't "step out of the case". They are still available to help if needed. We are in contact with them via phone or email. And if for some reason they need to come back they will if it's possible.

Remember airfare, hotels, food, rental cars etc all cost money. What they do isn't cheap. :)

LookyLu
11-25-2009, 03:38 PM
I understand what you're saying about small towns. I raised my kids in a very small town and they're wonderful and magical in so many ways.

I'm sure McCleary was blindsided by this as any small community would be.
Everyone knows everyone in those towns and they've got to be hurting that this has happened to one of their own.

I pray this is resolved soon and she's found and brought home. And I pray for her family as well as the wonderful locals who have worked so diligently to find Lindsey or some small clue to her whereabouts.

Just know that there are many of us who can't be there with you, but we're there in spirit and we're sending positive thoughts and energy your way.

I'm glad to hear LRC is still available to help! God bless them and all they do!
~Lu

Novice Seeker
11-25-2009, 06:29 PM

What's concerning IMO is that if any evidence is discovered during one of these searches that it potentially has a very high risk of being kept out a trial. Couldn't a defense attorney claim "evidence tampering" due to a conflict of interest sorta speak b/c some of the very last people to see Lindsey alive, who haven't been officially ruled out by LE, took part in these searches? Couldn't that same attorney dispute any information obtained from these searches as non credible b/c it was done by inexperienced persons? How does the decision of what is credible and what isn't made? I'm not suggesting all searches be stopped just that for legal purposes that it may need to be run by someone outside the community who has no local ties to friends or the victim's family. It would be tragic for an important piece of evidence kept out of the court room.

Novice Seeker

scandi
11-25-2009, 07:29 PM
What's concerning IMO is that if any evidence is discovered during one of these searches that it potentially has a very high risk of being kept out a trial. Couldn't a defense attorney claim "evidence tampering" due to a conflict of interest sorta speak b/c some of the very last people to see Lindsey alive, who haven't been officially ruled out by LE, took part in these searches? Couldn't that same attorney dispute any information obtained from these searches as non credible b/c it was done by inexperienced persons? How does the decision of what is credible and what isn't made? I'm not suggesting all searches be stopped just that for legal purposes that it may need to be run by someone outside the community who has no local ties to friends or the victim's family. It would be tragic for an important piece of evidence kept out of the court room.

Novice Seeker

Hi NS, It is amazing when one learns how many people in this case are either related or inter-related by marriage!

But if say a searcher's sister-in-law was told info by her child that his friends sister said his mother was told _____, I would think a defense attny would be able to get it thrown out. Unless they had proof the searcher had been informed. Not sure. But the type of relationships I mention go thruout several of the families we are getting to know that have someone close to the case. ETA: Probably just like in any small town. xox

JenniferO
11-25-2009, 07:33 PM

Novice Seeker

As I explained in the post you quoted.. if potential evidence is found we contact the police.
I am not an attorney nor do I pretend to know how to answer your questions. Maybe there is a lawyer on the board that can answer them.

JenniferO
11-25-2009, 07:36 PM
Hi NS, It is amazing when one learns how many people in this case are either related or inter-related by marriage!

But if say a searcher's sister-in-law was told info by her child that his friends sister said his mother was told _____, I would think a defense attny would be able to get it thrown out. Unless they had proof the searcher had been informed. Not sure. But the type of relationships I mention go thruout several of the families we are getting to know that have someone close to the case. xox

That's one of the downfalls when you are talking about a small town like McCleary. Six degrees of separation? Isn't that what they call it?

If everyone "related" to someone who might know someone who heard a rumor didn't help.. then there would be even less volunteers searching.

I'm sure that's not something you want to see happen Scandi. Right?

scandi
11-25-2009, 07:43 PM
That's one of the downfalls when you are talking about a small town like McCleary. Six degrees of separation? Isn't that what they call it?

If everyone "related" to someone who might know someone who heard a rumor didn't help.. then there would be even less volunteers searching.

I'm sure that's not something you want to see happen Scandi. Right?

I agree which is why I added an ETA to my post. lol I want Lindsey found! xox

Novice Seeker
11-25-2009, 08:37 PM
As I explained in the post you quoted.. if potential evidence is found we contact the police.
I am not an attorney nor do I pretend to know how to answer your questions. Maybe there is a lawyer on the board that can answer them.

Hopefully an attorney can shed some light on this. As to the search, are any of the searchers directly involved in the events that occured the evening Lindsey disappeared, such as the mom, who as far as anyone knows was the last person to see Lindsey?

Is LRC continuing to be a resource for the search group to provide guidance or direction? For example, who determines what is evidence or not that's found at the scene? Is there a protocol for collecting the evidence from the scene? When is LE contacted, after the searcher collects the item and brought back to the center or do they become involved the moment something is found at the scene? Most cases if there is a piece of evidence more than likely further evidence is nearby which could be missed.

However, let me clarify this before anyone starts throwing the rotten tomatoes at me, I support those who volunteer their time and heart to search for a missing loved one. I just worry that any form of less than the standard of sincere and impartial effort of search group such as TES could be tarnished b/c of a search effort that was compromised.
Novice Seeker

JenniferO
11-25-2009, 08:52 PM
Nothing is ever touched by the volunteers nor brought back to the search center.

As I stated.. that is all handled by the LE. They determine what needs further follow up. Not the search center.

Novice Seeker
11-26-2009, 08:57 AM
Nothing is ever touched by the volunteers nor brought back to the search center.

As I stated.. that is all handled by the LE. They determine what needs further follow up. Not the search center.

Ok, now I'm even more confused about what is involved during a search. How is a search "group" set up? For instance, searchers go out searching but how do they know what to recognize as evidence? Several crimes I've followed included pieces of evidence that I would have never suspected to be connected to the crime and wonder how LE knew that whatever was actually a clue or evidence. If someone hasn't been trained to recognize what is important isn't there a high risk of it being overlooked?

Outside of collecting evidence, who is allowed to participate in the search? What are LRC's thoughts about individuals participating in a search who LE have interviewed and not officially ruled not as a suspect? Does this search group include adults who were the last ones to see Lindsey? We all want justice for Lindsey but it's concerning that this could open a door for the defense and the suspect walk. That would be a grave injustice for this little girl.

Novice Seeker

fleececreations
11-30-2009, 11:44 AM
Id like to comment on this one... our searches consist of VOLUNTEERS. if they are trained WONDERFUL! if not, thats ok! we have a list of items to look for including description of her clothing and then the typical stuff such as tape, rope etc. you woudl be shocked at how much tape there is in mccleary! we try to give our searchers as much info as we can in what to look for. they are also equipped with the center phone number as a contact if there are ANY questions.

as for who can search. everyone must present a valid Id and fill out paperwork. they are submitting to potential background checks. Now, obviously we havent had to deal with 'poi's" wanting to help. they tend to stay pretty far away from the searches themselves. Any suspicion is noted and passed to LE.

The group is volunteers. we cant pick and choose who comes to help. we can however make sure their present background has nothing potentially harmful to the case. In the ideal situation, we would have so many searchers we could choose who to send where but these days we are lucky to get much ground covered at all because we arent getting the turnout we need.

onamission7304
11-30-2009, 10:53 PM
When I first came to McCleary and talked with MB and KK, I let them know who I was and what I had been trained to do. Now, I am not an expert but when one has a missing child family member, you learn real fast on the do's and dont's of searching.

MB does not go out on searches. I am sure you can understand that if she was out searching and God forbid she was to find her daughter not alive, this would not only be the worst thing a parent could run across, but what parent would want that image of their child in their mind forever? It is hard enough for a parent of a missing child to constantly have the horrible images that they picture their child going through on a daily basis. When I was down in CA for 4 months looking for my niece, all I could think about was what would I do if I found her. So I am sure everyone can understand why it is not good for MB to be out searching.

'That being said when we (LRC- Klass Kids) first got to McCleary and set up a weekend of searching, we start right away teaching people the do's and dont's of searching. We tell people that we need volunteers in the office who would be called a Core Group. Once people come in to search and they start talking about why they are there and what they think they can do best, we start our training of the Core Group while others are training the volunteer searchers.

The first couple of days of searching the searchers are trained mostly by Brad (Klass Kids) and LRC. The core team that is put together is not always the ones that continue through months of searching, but they are trained well enough to train the next person that steps up and wants to learn and be trained in all areas.

The areas that the Core Team is trained is the following:

THE CORE TEAM

1. We have a top person who is the Director and this person is trained in all areas of running a search center. Either this person has been there and done that or is trained by top people on how to run the center.

2. Then we have several different places that we put people. Anywhere from Registration to Briefing and Debriefing.

3. Each trained core member knows most of the areas of the center and how to do the job they are asked to do.

4. SEARCH VOLUNTEERS

5. Before any volunteer goes out to search they are trained by members of the core team on what to do and what not to do. Example of this would be (never pick anything up or bring anything back to the center.) They are allowed to use sticks and gloved hands if they are trying to open say a refrigerator door, or pull something up that has been buried by leaves dirt ect. Or if a bag has a smell they can use a stick or gloved hand to tear it open and look but that is it. They are not allowed to move it or disturb it other than looking to see what it is. If they are positive they found something of importance such as (a shoe, Childs clothing ect.) they are to call the center right away and talk to the Director. Each team is given a bag of stuff before they leave the center to go on their search such as ( marking tape, index cards pen ect.) Each team has a team leader who makes the call, and keeps the team together. They then flag the area with marking tape, write on the index card what they found and number it.

6. When the Director gets there he or she will check the area and if need be contact LE. The Director is someone who knows if LE should be called right away or not. Most Core members at this point would know to call LE right away or tag it and document it.

7. The volunteers are told to look for child clothing, shoes, child porn of any kind. ect. We do not tell them everything because we do not want them to make a decision on whether they should call LE or not. If a Childs pants or shoes are found we want to look at it. The reason for this is because many things are found out in the woods. LE would not be able to do their job looking for Lindsey if every volunteer called them to come and look at a pair of pants or a shirt. That is why we want them to call the center and let the Director make that decision.

8. If they were to find Lindsey they are instructed to call 911 first and then to call the center to get the Director out there.

9. WHO IS ALLOWED TO SEARCH

And the answer to the question of who is allowed to search!

We try to discourage extended family members for the most part but we cannot stop them from searching either. We are not in a position to tell a family member they cannot search for their loved ones. And that is most likely the same for any family who has a missing one anywhere in the country, not just at the Lindsey Baum Search Center. It's absurd to think that a family member won't try and go searching, whether on their own or with a group. That is their right.

LE gets a copy of every search we do, along with Briefing and Debriefing paperwork. They have all of the team members and copies of ID's. They are aware who is searching and where we have searched, what was found and what was tagged. They may choose to follow up, or not. It's up to LE.

I hope this answers most of your questions? And please feel free to ask more questions if you wish. I want to make sure everyone here is aware of how the searches get started and how people are trained.

On a Mission

Director of the Lindsey Baum Search Center

Knox
12-01-2009, 12:34 AM
Onamission ... Does LE ever acknowledge your briefing/debriefing paperwork or have they ever contacted you to clarify something in the report or ask questions? Thx.

onamission7304
12-01-2009, 07:29 PM
Onamission ... Does LE ever acknowledge your briefing/debriefing paperwork or have they ever contacted you to clarify something in the report or ask questions? Thx.

Yes LE has been Awesome and they do acknowledge our paperwork, they have asked us about paperwork, all levels of LE have been great.

On a Mission

MarieG
12-03-2009, 01:43 PM
I am hoping that searchers are screened before they are allowed to search. I was wondering if anyone has ever been denied the right to search for Lindsey because of
their background?

JenniferO
12-03-2009, 02:35 PM
I am hoping that searchers are screened before they are allowed to search. I was wondering if anyone has ever been denied the right to search for Lindsey because of
their background?

If LE feels the need to do it, then I'm sure they do. As far as the volunteer search center staff doing it.. no, we don't have the time nor the money to run background checks on every single person who comes to help.

jvk
12-03-2009, 03:39 PM
I run names through the court website sometimes

JenniferO
12-03-2009, 04:23 PM
I run names through the court website sometimes

Have you run your own yet?:innocent:

Kimster
12-03-2009, 04:27 PM
Onamission, I didn't quote your post up there as it was lengthy, but I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write that explanation. It was very interesting to read and makes my adoration of Klaas Kids even stronger. :blowkiss:

jvk
12-03-2009, 05:36 PM
Have you run your own yet?:innocent:

Yes even yesterday. Can't even get a ticket off your record when you win in court wtf is that??

JenniferO
12-03-2009, 05:56 PM
Yes even yesterday. Can't even get a ticket off your record when you win in court wtf is that??

Seriously? I thought they removed those...

jvk
12-03-2009, 06:11 PM
Talked to 3 diff people in a certain large county yesterday & they we're all too happy to justify why a dismissed ticket should remain

breanna
12-04-2009, 01:32 AM
their background?

I would also like to add something here. I've got a late start today on WS and everything going on so I apologize.

I don't know of ANY search center or a missing person who has LE and volunteer searchers who show up and get screened BEFORE they search.

Never heard of it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong?

Can you imagine? Please come help search and volunteer. But when you get here we are screening you. That would take hours!

Is this your thought for all searches everywhere for missing people and children, or just because some of you think that it should be the standard in Lindsey's search because you think her mom or KK or company is involved?

Just wondering.

We don't have a "screener" at the Search Center who has access to background checks. I don't know of other search centers who do either.

You must give your ID. Then it's up to LE to go and do a screen and/or background check once they've received the paperwork on those searching.

I'm pretty sure they have all our information. I would imagine my phone is tapped, and they know what color my Christmas tree will be. As well as what color underwear I buy. I'm also ok with that.

So....

MarieG
12-04-2009, 02:33 AM
Breanna
I actually do not know who is involved with Lindsey being missing, nor do I have a clue, so that was not the context of my question. It was a question because I have heard of what you stated about having to give an id? And you answered my question at the end of your post, so thank you. The other question I asked was by chance, since that kind of information I am sure is not to be disclosed, but I thought I would ask because I am not an expert in missing children searches or the law.

Another thing is quite odd to me, am I speaking to an actual core member of the search team for Lindsey Baum?

MarieG
12-04-2009, 02:36 AM
Id like to comment on this one... our searches consist of VOLUNTEERS. if they are trained WONDERFUL! if not, thats ok! we have a list of items to look for including description of her clothing and then the typical stuff such as tape, rope etc. you woudl be shocked at how much tape there is in mccleary! we try to give our searchers as much info as we can in what to look for. they are also equipped with the center phone number as a contact if there are ANY questions.

as for who can search. everyone must present a valid Id and fill out paperwork. they are submitting to potential background checks. Now, obviously we havent had to deal with 'poi's" wanting to help. they tend to stay pretty far away from the searches themselves. Any suspicion is noted and passed to LE.

The group is volunteers. we cant pick and choose who comes to help. we can however make sure their present background has nothing potentially harmful to the case. In the ideal situation, we would have so many searchers we could choose who to send where but these days we are lucky to get much ground covered at all because we arent getting the turnout we need.

Sorry for my post above, I should have read this first, it would have avoided the the reply to mine

scandi
12-05-2009, 04:00 PM
Good Morning, It is a beautiful day here in the Pacific Northwest. There was heavy frost covering the cars early this morning as it was very cold out. It is in the mid 30's now but no rain and not a cloud in the sky.

I hope the search is fruitful today, leading to something being found that will bring Lindsey back home. I wish I could send each searcher a hot cup of cocoa. xox

Knox
12-05-2009, 05:37 PM
Today, 12:20 PM
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/image.php?u=20807&dateline=1231819374[/IM%22]Websleuths%20Crime%20Sleuthing%20Community%3C/a%3E%20%3Ca%20href=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/member.php?u=20807%20target=_blank%3EWebsleuths%20 Crime%20Sleuthing%20Community%3C/a%3E%20[IMG]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif

For one, because Taurus is the outcome or end of life House in the base chart, and for another, because the solstice point of the House of death & homicide is there in Taurus, just before the cusp, it would be good to look at the description of that locale. Plain grounds or where bushes have been taken out, uprooted. Sheds, low buildings or those used for implements, stables or cellars. Some small trees not far off. (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/member.php?u=20807)
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85929&page=24

Could someone who is at the search center this weekend or a local humor us by taking a look at the area adjacent to the Shell Station. See Tuba's description above. (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/member.php?u=20807)

SouthernMom
12-05-2009, 05:49 PM
Prayers for the searchers that something will be found that will bring Lindsey home for Christmas.

scandi
12-06-2009, 11:47 PM
Prayers for the searchers that something will be found that will bring Lindsey home for Christmas.

Hi SouthernMom, I pray for that too, that Lindsey is brought home for Christmas.

I wanted to stop in and see how the searches went this weekend. It is cold and clear here in Portland and we have an Artic cool down hitting the area tonight. Winds up to 60 mph in the mountains and they are saying at 6am it will be 21 degrees. Shiver my timbers, that is just dern cold! xox

Novice Seeker
12-07-2009, 08:57 AM
Id like to comment on this one... our searches consist of VOLUNTEERS. if they are trained WONDERFUL! if not, thats ok! we have a list of items to look for including description of her clothing and then the typical stuff such as tape, rope etc. you would be shocked at how much tape there is in mccleary! we try to give our searchers as much info as we can in what to look for. they are also equipped with the center phone number as a contact if there are ANY questions.

as for who can search. everyone must present a valid Id and fill out paperwork. they are submitting to potential background checks. Now, obviously we haven't had to deal with 'poi's" wanting to help. they tend to stay pretty far away from the searches themselves. Any suspicion is noted and passed to LE.

The group is volunteers. we cant pick and choose who comes to help. we can however make sure their present background has nothing potentially harmful to the case. In the ideal situation, we would have so many searchers we could choose who to send where but these days we are lucky to get much ground covered at all because we aren't getting the turnout we need.

Excuse this delayed question. Thank you for explaining it simple enough that at least I can understand how a search is conducted. I have some more questions(as a student)

*who provides the search team a list of what the searchers should be looking for? (Such as , clothing items and other objects)

*If a searcher comes across something, they call the command center right? What does the command center do if they receive this call?

*At the end of a search everyone gathers for a debriefing? What is covered during this meeting? Is LE there also? I ask b/c it seems there's a high risk of information that could get dropped b/w volunteers and those specifically trained to investigate and look for clues.

*Is information that searchers give to those at the command center respected as confidential until LE can make a determination or can this information be passed to others not involved in the search?

*Is there a log book, sorta speak, that's kept for any and all information from the searches? Who would be responsible for guarding it?

*(last question, promise) Are searchers held to certain legal standards such as confidentiality of information?

Novice Seeker

fleececreations
12-07-2009, 10:45 PM
*who provides the search team a list of what the searchers should be looking for? (Such as , clothing items and other objects)
that was originally provided by Klaas Kids and LRC. It is standard info in the missing of a child.
Those who seen Lindsey last provided a great description of what clothes to look for.

*If a searcher comes across something, they call the command center right? What does the command center do if they receive this call?
If the searchers call the center with something that they feel needs checked out a core group is immedately sent to the location. If they infact find human remains that are obviously human (ie skull) they are to call LE FIRST! then notify the search center.

*At the end of a search everyone gathers for a debriefing? What is covered during this meeting? Is LE there also? I ask b/c it seems there's a high risk of information that could get dropped b/w volunteers and those specifically trained to investigate and look for clues.

debriefing is when the group gathers together and with a core member. the discuss everything they seen as well as the terrain they went thru etc. thi sis there time to let search center staff know the area and possible evidence. Any infomration that could prove useful in finding Lb is passed to LE!

*Is information that searchers give to those at the command center respected as confidential until LE can make a determination or can this information be passed to others not involved in the search?

Absolutely! All INFO provided including tips are confidential! the info goes from the debriefer and then directly to LE.

*Is there a log book, sorta speak, that's kept for any and all information from the searches? Who would be responsible for guarding it?
We have a filing system in place to assure every piece of information is secure at all times.

*(last question, promise) Are searchers held to certain legal standards such as confidentiality of information?

Yes. The searchers are briefed, asked to search, then debriefed. we have a great core team to assure all information is processed correctly.

Novice Seeker
12-08-2009, 10:07 AM
that was originally provided by Klaas Kids and LRC. It is standard info in the missing of a child.
Those who seen Lindsey last provided a great description of what clothes to look for.

If the searchers call the center with something that they feel needs checked out a core group is immedately sent to the location. If they infact find human remains that are obviously human (ie skull) they are to call LE FIRST! then notify the search center.

debriefing is when the group gathers together and with a core member. the discuss everything they seen as well as the terrain they went thru etc. thi sis there time to let search center staff know the area and possible evidence. Any infomration that could prove useful in finding Lb is passed to LE!

Absolutely! All INFO provided including tips are confidential! the info goes from the debriefer and then directly to LE.

We have a filing system in place to assure every piece of information is secure at all times.

Yes. The searchers are briefed, asked to search, then debriefed. we have a great core team to assure all information is processed correctly.

FleeceC, thank you for explaining this simple enough for me to understand how a search is operated. I've always heard about the searches when a child goes missing but never thought about all that is involved. Even more respect and appreciation to every single person who comes forward to volunteer their personal time to search for someone they have never met.

Please understand that it's b/c of my admiration for every searcher who has ever volunteered that drives me to seek answers. So, any information collected or discussed within a Search event is confidential what happens when someone shares or passes information to others not involved in the search? Are laws broken? If that person is allowed to continue in other searches does it remove credibility from the search team that say a defense attorney could use in favor for his/her client?

My questions and concerns aren't b/c of a need to attack an individual. My only motiviation is to make sure that nothing hinders Lindsey from receiving the justice she deserves. I would be devastated if someone walked b/c of what someone did at the search center.

Novice Seeker

JenniferO
12-08-2009, 11:58 AM
We are not LE nor are we working for them. So it is not illegal to discuss stuff outside of the search center. We just ask people not to just in case something they found does have to do with the disappearance of Lindsey.

fleececreations
12-08-2009, 04:25 PM
thanks for answering that Jenn o! i have been runnin like crazy and have had little time to get on here.

JenniferO
12-08-2009, 04:37 PM
thanks for answering that Jenn o! i have been runnin like crazy and have had little time to get on here.

No problem. I know you are busy with school and stuff. :)

Novice Seeker
12-08-2009, 07:48 PM
We are not LE nor are we working for them. So it is not illegal to discuss stuff outside of the search center. We just ask people not to just in case something they found does have to do with the disappearance of Lindsey.

Oh, ok so there aren't any legal accountability but then why would,,say a defense attorney, file numerous motions against a search organization requesting the judge to force a search group to turn over names and locations searched? If the defense attorney can raise some doubt about how the search was managed or volunteers who could have compromised parts of the search wouldn't that weaken the case? And what I fear most, help the suspect walk over something a volunteer did.

Novice Seeker

Novice Seeker
12-08-2009, 08:31 PM

But what happens when they do? Is that fair to all the other searchers who behave ethically? Although the search center doesn't work for LE couldn't it still be brought in as a legal issue?

Novice Seeker

JenniferO
12-12-2009, 08:10 PM
2 valuable lessons I learned today.

1. Never ever go on a search with JVK. He's a slave driver.

2. A lowered 2 wheel drive pickup does not turn into a lifted 4 wheel drive pick up when you back it into a ditch.
Thanks search crew for taking some mud in the face to get my truck unstuck!

That'll teach you to drag me along on searches. LOL

jvk
12-13-2009, 02:16 AM
Jen is no longer allowed to drive w/out carrying tow straps.

JenniferO
12-13-2009, 02:31 AM
Jen is no longer allowed to drive w/out carrying tow straps.

shut up

:p

JenniferO
12-14-2009, 12:47 AM
I now have tow straps in my truck.

I learned another valuable lesson today.. JVK is a crazy driver. lol

I want to thank all the search crew for a wonderful feast today.. I'm honored to know each and every one of you. Thank you for being my friends. And to those that weren't there.. I missed you. :)

fleececreations
12-14-2009, 02:13 PM
I absolutly loved the feast guys! amazing!! I enjoyed visiting while we could. Dang weather made us have to leave earlier then i wanted to. but it was all good. Thanks for making my kids feel welcome in the center. I dont like to bring them as we are not there to babysit but to search. They really enjoyed themselves!! so thanks for that!

see everyone soon!

TakeNote
12-30-2009, 12:27 AM
:hug:
thank you all for the hard work that you all put into the search center!

how are supplies?.....i know i have asked this before....want to check in and make sure you have funds still :)

JenniferO
01-11-2010, 02:10 PM
Searches are now scheduled for every weekend--rain or shine. We are located at the corner of 4th and Fir in McCleary. Please feel free to join us between the hours of 9 am and 4 pm. Bring comfortable walking shoes/boots, GPS units if you have them, dress in layers and you might want to bring an extra change of clothing in case you get rained on.

Also there is a candle light vigil planned for 6 pm Jan 23rd at Heritage Park in Olympia. We expect the vigil to last about an hour. We ask that you bring a flashlight or a candle to use.

If you need any information you can contact me at searching4lindseybaum@comcast.net

TakeNote
01-13-2010, 01:05 AM
i have a question.....i know it might already been asked....sorry for that....

how does the search center decide where to search? who is in *charge* of that?

does things that have been sleuthed on forums get used as info to go on?

does the search center conduct their own investigation on people, places ect?

who is the one putting together the new vigil? will there been any guest speakers there?

sorry to ask so many questions......:hug:

JenniferO
01-13-2010, 01:54 AM
i have a question.....i know it might already been asked....sorry for that....

how does the search center decide where to search? who is in *charge* of that?

does things that have been sleuthed on forums get used as info to go on?

does the search center conduct their own investigation on people, places ect?

who is the one putting together the new vigil? will there been any guest speakers there?

sorry to ask so many questions......:hug:

We have an individual who graciously volunteers his time to do the mapping of the search areas.

I can't answer if info from the forums influence where searches are done as I don't have anything to do with that.

I don't personally "sleuth" anyone but others in the search center may. I've never questioned them about that.

The vigil planning was a group effort. We have asked different people to speak and we are currently waiting to hear back from them (I emailed the governor-- no answer yet) and I know LE is being asked to speak but I don't know if they will or not. As far as others who have been asked, I don't have that list so I can't name any names. Sorry.

TakeNote
01-13-2010, 05:55 AM
We have an individual who graciously volunteers his time to do the mapping of the search areas.

I can't answer if info from the forums influence where searches are done as I don't have anything to do with that.

I don't personally "sleuth" anyone but others in the search center may. I've never questioned them about that.

The vigil planning was a group effort. We have asked different people to speak and we are currently waiting to hear back from them (I emailed the governor-- no answer yet) and I know LE is being asked to speak but I don't know if they will or not. As far as others who have been asked, I don't have that list so I can't name any names. Sorry.

thank you jen :)

the volunteer that does the mapping.....how does he decide what and where needs to be searched? since LE is not involved in the search's ...i still dont understand .....are searchers sent out to places just to cover ground? or are there tips or idea's that are given on where to search....

dont get me wrong.....if its to cover all the ground in McCleary....i understand.....i just wanted to know if there was more to it :) i wanted to know if there was any brain storming going on at the search center :)

i hope that makes since.....:hug:

JenniferO
01-13-2010, 10:55 PM
TakeNote

There are a lot of things that are and need to be factored in when choosing most locations to search. Some areas however don't take a lot of factoring - this would be due to their potential relevance to the last known location, where the area is located or even possibly because it was left as a suggestion/tip for the center.

I don't think anyone is going to actually outline the exact procedure and things that factor in because it really is more information than I think any of us want on the web and easily accessible by the wrong people. We can tell you though that there is more to it then simply covering McCleary. I know that doesn't answer all of your questions but hopefully it helps.

TakeNote
01-13-2010, 11:30 PM
jen.....that really does help :)

i know you cant give out everything.....i just wanted to know how it all works.....you answered it just fine :)

thank you :hug:

JenniferO
01-14-2010, 12:38 AM
No problem Take Note. :)

SerendipitySeeker
01-14-2010, 12:13 PM
TakeNote

There are a lot of things that are and need to be factored in when choosing most locations to search. Some areas however don't take a lot of factoring - this would be due to their potential relevance to the last known location, where the area is located or even possibly because it was left as a suggestion/tip for the center.

I don't think anyone is going to actually outline the exact procedure and things that factor in because it really is more information than I think any of us want on the web and easily accessible by the wrong people. We can tell you though that there is more to it then simply covering McCleary. I know that doesn't answer all of your questions but hopefully it helps.

:waitasec: I am just curious...what if a tip is about someone in the search group of volunteers?

JenniferO
01-14-2010, 12:46 PM
:waitasec: I am just curious...what if a tip is about someone in the search group of volunteers?

It would be handled in the same manner as any other tip.. Sent to the LE.

TakeNote
01-14-2010, 01:40 PM
Searches are now scheduled for every weekend--rain or shine. We are located at the corner of 4th and Fir in McCleary. Please feel free to join us between the hours of 9 am and 4 pm. Bring comfortable walking shoes/boots, GPS units if you have them, dress in layers and you might want to bring an extra change of clothing in case you get rained on.

Also there is a candle light vigil planned for 6 pm Jan 23rd at Heritage Park in Olympia. We expect the vigil to last about an hour. We ask that you bring a flashlight or a candle to use.

If you need any information you can contact me at searching4lindseybaum@comcast.net

Heritage park is on the westside of Olympia right?
is there only one entrance in?
its a very large area

JenniferO
01-14-2010, 02:44 PM
Heritage park is on the westside of Olympia right?
is there only one entrance in?
its a very large area

Nope, there is more than one entrance. It's just a park, near Capital Lake (and the capital). And yes, it is a pretty large area.

http://www.ga.wa.gov/visitor/Parks/HP.htm

TakeNote
01-14-2010, 05:59 PM
Nope, there is more than one entrance. It's just a park, near Capital Lake (and the capital). And yes, it is a pretty large area.

http://www.ga.wa.gov/visitor/Parks/HP.htm

oh....this is where lake fair is held?....ok.....thanks....i thought it was the park up on the west side ....where there is a skate board park....

im glad i asked....i would have gone up there instead....even hubby thought it was the westside one as well.....LOL....you would think after living here for 40 years .....i would know what park is what.......:)

JenniferO
01-18-2010, 01:19 AM
Update on searches for the weekend of Jan 23 and 24

We are not having searches on Saturday January 23rd (the day of the vigil) because the core team will be taking the whole day to prepare for the vigil. But we will be having searches on Sunday January 24th between the hours of 9 am and 4 pm.