PDA

View Full Version : FL-Somer Renee Thompson, 7, Orange Park thread #8

Pages : 1 [2] 3

jokie7348
10-26-2009, 09:39 PM
Somer is not even on there... yet the older one is with the wrong last name or am I totally confused. The names do match up.

Look up the bio dad on this same site. 41 listings.

NSC
10-26-2009, 09:40 PM
My head has been spinning since reading BSU's post. Had to read EVERYTHING posted today, look thru videos, read the initial police report, blah blah. Most everything he/she mentioned has been talked about with one exception....the discourse analysis. I take this to mean literally...analyzing the discourse that occurred. Only discourse I know of is the confrontation Somer had at school and/or on the trip home with siblings. It is unclear who she had the confrontation with at school. There is mention of perhaps her hitting someone with her backpack. But has anyone else noticed that all details mentioned about the incident(s) are vague or contradicting?? What really happened that day?? Who got mad at whom?? How can we nail this down and why hasn't it been explored further by reporters as to who did what??? The mother is vague as well about this issue. If my child went missing and I heard that some type of incident happened at school and/or on the way home I would look at every detail of what happened. Thoughts anybody???

Genius you are. That was on my list of things to google the meaning! Thank you and WOW, that really IS something!!

badme102
10-26-2009, 09:40 PM
I have been quiet for a couple of days, but I just have to say something.
Please don't give a "drive by poster" that much power over your sleuthing. My goodness, we don't even know if this person is in the same state let alone country!
Just because the OP on Elizabeth's case was right with the "15 female", does not mean that this other person has ANY knowledge of anything in this case.

Thanks for hearing me out. Back to lurkerdom and RL. :crazy:

panthera
10-26-2009, 09:41 PM
My head has been spinning since reading BSU's post. Had to read EVERYTHING posted today, look thru videos, read the initial police report, blah blah. Most everything he/she mentioned has been talked about with one exception....the discourse analysis. I take this to mean literally...analyzing the discourse that occurred. Only discourse I know of is the confrontation Somer had at school and/or on the trip home with siblings. It is unclear who she had the confrontation with at school. There is mention of perhaps her hitting someone with her backpack. But has anyone else noticed that all details mentioned about the incident(s) are vague or contradicting?? What really happened that day?? Who got mad at whom?? How can we nail this down and why hasn't it been explored further by reporters as to who did what??? The mother is vague as well about this issue. If my child went missing and I heard that some type of incident happened at school and/or on the way home I would look at every detail of what happened. Thoughts anybody???
I think exploring that issue at school would be very important, if for nothing else to exclude any possible involvement of another student or someone close to them, in her death. Or maybe the altercation at school and her disappearance/death the same day are just a coincidence. It's still interesting to me though that not much has been mentioned about what happened earlier that day and why her sister mentioning it on the way home caused Somer to become upset and run off. :waitasec: MOO

Noway
10-26-2009, 09:41 PM
My assessment of the info at the links is that PC is father of AT-Male 13; Samuel Franklin Thompson is father of 10 yo daughter and 7 yo twins.

The PC case is from 2008 and the ST is from 2009.

txsvicki
10-26-2009, 09:42 PM

Doesn't discourse mean a lengthy discussion or verbal expression? I'd think discord would be the argument, but discourse analysis something else. I agree though that the argument or anything happening at school that day would be important in case a kid or group of them beat up Somer after school.

not_my_kids
10-26-2009, 09:44 PM
Repost:
really good explanation of discourse analysis.
http://www.kon.org/archives/forum/15-1/mcgregorcda.html

Kewpiedoll
10-26-2009, 09:45 PM
Look up the bio dad on this same site. 41 listings.

Oh thanks.. I didn't search bio dad... (which one) or did you mean both?

alexandra
10-26-2009, 09:46 PM
Doesn't discourse mean a lengthy discussion or verbal expression? I'd think discord would be the argument, but discourse analysis something else. I agree though that the argument or anything happening at school that day would be important in case a kid or group of them beat up Somer after school.

Perhaps so txsvicki...maybe I'm trying to read too much into it. :(

jokie7348
Somer is not even on there... yet the older one is with the wrong last name or am I totally confused. The names do match up.

I read an article on discourse analysis from a link that someone posted earlier and summarized it on one of the threads. No one responded. I don't know if it is "findable" by me as I am new, but there are quite a few considerations given to do a discourse analysis.

karen in New York
ive been trying to keep up with you guys..but its hard! but thats a GOOD thing, keep it up guys!!!

but i have a question that i noticed hadn't been talked about....have they said a cause of death yet?

AP news stated that LE & the sheriff are not going to release any information that only the perb knows. So that info is all being kept secret for now.

passionflower
10-26-2009, 09:47 PM
Double help, what do you think it is?

child support for out of state or country

jokie7348
10-26-2009, 09:47 PM
Oh thanks.. I didn't search bio dad... (which one) or did you mean both?

Andrew's bio dad--PC

Kewpiedoll
10-26-2009, 09:48 PM
My assessment of the info at the links is that PC is father of AT-Male 13; Samuel Franklin Thompson is father of 10 yo daughter and 7 yo twins.

The PC case is from 2008 and the ST is from 2009.

So how did AT-Male 13 suddenly get T last name instead of PC's last name?

Kewpiedoll
10-26-2009, 09:50 PM
I read an article on discourse analysis from a link that someone posted earlier and summarized it on one of the threads. No one responded. I don't know if it is "findable" by me as I am new, but there are quite a few considerations given to do a discourse analysis.

You can search all of your posts and find it jokie...:)

passionflower
10-26-2009, 09:51 PM
Repost:
really good explanation of discourse analysis.

interesting

NSC
10-26-2009, 09:53 PM
Alright - I got mom with 3 different last names. 3 different states.

C***** being one of them. The one on the document we found on the clerks records.

Go to ussearch and look from there.

Noway
So how did AT-Male 13 suddenly get T last name instead of PC's last name?

LE?

Adoption?

Legal name change?

He was 3 when AT was born and since the child support case for PC is from 2008, I'm guessing Samuel F. Thompson may be the only dad AT-Male 13 aka AC knew.

lillygator
ok I am so confused.

did bsu post again?

karen in New York
Oh carp. I have it as only the oldest being from a different father.
I could swear I saw her father on video, saying he was taking his kids, plural, where they would be safe, as in back to NC.
I'm going to be stark raving mad by the time I go to bed.
ETA: Now that I think back, it might not have been the father himself, it may have been a reporter quoting or paraphrasing him.

Wasn't it his sister who said that ... he woujld be taking his kids back. There were quite a few interviews the first day or so with the Dad, then silence almost ...

NSC
Andrew's bio dad--PC

BUT who is Car**** Thompson then???

ElizaAvalon
10-26-2009, 09:55 PM
Bio dad of A is Paul C. He and DT were married in 1995 in TN. It was her 2nd marriage. Don't know when they divorced...

jokie7348
10-26-2009, 09:56 PM
You can search all of your posts and find it jokie...:)

I found my post in thread 7, but the link I read it on is the one just posted by not my kids, I think. Anyway, thanks for trying to help.

Kewpiedoll
ok I am so confused.

did bsu post again?

No but when reading this thread you would think he/she did hungh?
I bet he / she is now wondering what the H we are sleuthing and have him/her scratching their head. That alone is worth a giggle to me.

:)

camcneishg
ok, question for ya....4 kids, only two from same father...how the heck do they all have the same last name?? color me confused.....

passionflower
10-26-2009, 09:57 PM
did Somers dad make it to the veiwing?

NSC
Bio dad of A is Paul C. He and DT were married in 1995 in TN. It was her 2nd marriage. Don't know when they divorced...

Here is the thing that I am not following. On myflorida records. It shows one of the kids having first name that is of the last name of Paul - see what I am saying?? I swear I stared at the thing to make sure I was not mistaken.

CajunGirl

possibly AT-13's name... maybe it's actually hyphenated ... like C-T & it's an error on the myfloridacounty site... I see it a lot.

Kewpiedoll
I found my post in thread 7, but the link I read it on is the one just posted by not my kids, I think. Anyway, thanks for trying to help.
If you found your post then do a quick copy of it and then bring over here and paste. :)

Then we can disect this discourse. sp? :)

NSC
10-26-2009, 09:58 PM
ok, question for ya....4 kids, only two from same father...how the heck do they all have the same last name?? color me confused.....

Adoption???

passionflower
10-26-2009, 09:58 PM

adoption

jokie7348
10-26-2009, 10:00 PM
Here is the thing that I am not following. On myflorida records. It shows one of the kids having first name that is of the last name of Paul - see what I am saying?? I swear I stared at the thing to make sure I was not mistaken.

No, I saw it, too. Very puzzling. Maybe just another one of those "errors" like LE has made. ?????

ElizaAvalon
10-26-2009, 10:01 PM

Yeah, I did see that. I think it is a mistake. A's birth record (ancestry.com, requires subscription):

Name: A. G. C.
Date of Birth: 12 May 1996
Birth County: Bell
Father's Name: Paul M. C.
Mother's Name: Diena R. B.

The other 3 children are Sam's as far as I know.

alexandra
10-26-2009, 10:02 PM
And when I search here:

https://www.myfloridacounty.com/serv/MyFloridaCounty/ORI/Order?thisPage=MyFloridaCounty.ORI.Order.state.Sta rt

Seems like one of the kids FIRST names matches the last name on the prior document I found - the crytic one - sorry, I am trying to do my best since I know I can't post specific links.
And to explain more:
The Intials would be CT but it seems they were named after the last name of a possible BIO dad? Anyone else following me? I don't want to start any rumors but it is plain as day to me. And if that were ALSO the case, then maybe Thompson hubby had adopted this child since they have the Thompson last name.???

Did anyone notice that Somer is not listed with the rest of the children?? Are my eyes failing me?? Can somebody else double check me?? TIA

CajunGirl
10-26-2009, 10:02 PM
but 3 of them are Sammy Thompson's children... 1 of them is not... he may have adopted him & that is why two last names show up. the 13 yr old possibly has a hyphenated name...

camcneishg
10-26-2009, 10:03 PM
I just had a great idea.,...lets wait and read the obituary...they won't get it wrong....I also wanted to mention that I received a recorded call from my son's principal today warning parents about the dangers out there due to this situation in Orange Park.....

NSC
Did anyone notice that Somer is not listed with the rest of the children?? Are my eyes failing me?? Can somebody else double check me?? TIA

Nope, you are correct about that!

Missouri Mom
Hi Jhawk, That is a good guess, as isn't that the profiling dept if the FBI? I think so. The post says allot without saying anything and think it is probably a hoax too. I see it as focusing on the mother, as who else was interviewed in the first day or the following day? She was the one on every news channel. I don't see her as the perp, :waitasec: IMO

I am leaning toward this BSU being a hoax. If they want me to believe this, then they need to come back and give me more significant and substantial information to base my thought process on. And, another thing is if they know so much, why would they be messing with us here, why not take it straight to LE? This is a serious matter! IMO

passionflower
define:discourse - Google Search

DISCOURSE

jokie7348
10-26-2009, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by not_my_kids
Discourse analysis, for those interested.

Thanks for the link. I just read this article, and I think one would have to have some training in order to perform discourse analysis. The major points, however, seem to be that 1) discourse is never neutral, 2) there is always an underlying meaning, 3) understanding can be gleaned by examining which discourse gives the person power, 4) further understanding comes by looking at not only what is said, but what is left out.
That's my take on it. Not as good as I once was in reading comprehension....just might be too many diet cokes and cigs. Hmmm, think I'll go have one of each now.
Veteran Sleuthers, maybe you can fit this sketch into the early videos. BTW, I am totally in awe of all of you and your ideas!

Noway
10-26-2009, 10:05 PM

I thought it was a typo?

2007-1703-DR

1 document; 6 parties
Samuel F. Thompson

Diena Thompson
Cardinal T.
Andrew T.
Abigail T.
Samuel T.

Somer (although she is not listed)
https://www.myfloridacounty.com/serv/MyFloridaCounty/ORI/Order

That entry is confusing.

CajunGirl
10-26-2009, 10:06 PM
Maybe her name doesn't show up because of typos. It may not list all of them on there because of that typo with the first name as C... know what I mean?

paris_paris
10-26-2009, 10:06 PM
but 3 of them are Sammy Thompson's children... 1 of them is not... he may have adopted him & that is why two last names show up. the 13 yr old possibly has a hyphenated name...

The oldest was 3 when she married Thompson?

My son was 3 when I remarried, and my new husband adopted him and we changed his name.

His real father signed his rights away in exchange for no child support. He never did bother with him.

NSC
10-26-2009, 10:07 PM
You don't think Somers real name was Cardinal do you? Prob not. Just weird that name is on there and Somers is not.

panthera
10-26-2009, 10:07 PM
I just had a great idea.,...lets wait and read the obituary...they won't get it wrong....I also wanted to mention that I received a recorded call from my son's principal today warning parents about the dangers out there due to this situation in Orange Park.....
Too bad it was a recorded call or you could've told the principal you're already aware of the situation! ;)

txsvicki
10-26-2009, 10:08 PM
Seems like BSU believes to have figured it all out due to someone's body language and by analyzing the discourse from watching the interviews. Wonder what police procedure showed BSU in regards to this interviewee since BSU also mentions that?

Kimberlyd125
10-26-2009, 10:08 PM
Ok, let me just say before I start, I'm gonna need someone's help on this one because I don't remember the specifics but here goes...

What has been going on in my spinning head since this morning when BSU posted is this... Remember one of the early interview with a neighbor or friend or something that was talking about the trash collection and said something along the lines of "take that how you want to"

Anybody remember that????
It's been nagging on me all day and I have to ask opinions or y'all to help me out.

Did anybody ever come up with what she may have meant by that.

It was pretty early on IIRC (maybe even before body was found)

passionflower
10-26-2009, 10:09 PM
I am thinking that our hit and run may have DISCOURSE problems themselves.........

NSC
10-26-2009, 10:09 PM
Oh and I got another last name to throw into the mix - Lamb - off us search

CajunGirl
10-26-2009, 10:10 PM
The oldest was 3 when she married Thompson?

My son was 3 when I remarried, and my new husband adopted him and we changed his name.

His real father signed his rights away in exchange for no child support. He never did bother with him.

same thing happened with someone in my family... however the child was 9 yrs old when adopted... and she kept her "original" last name then hyphen then new last name...

Cheewawa007
I am leaning toward this BSU being a hoax. If they want me to believe this, then they need to come back and give me more significant and substantial information to base my thought process on. And, another thing is if they know so much, why would they be messing with us here, why not take it straight to LE? This is a serious matter! IMO

Maybe they are LE and read this forum for *****s & giggles... trying to point us in the right direction for answers. I don't know...sort of reminds me of the legend "Shango" in the Natalee Holloway case.

NSC
Ok, let me just say before I start, I'm gonna need someone's help on this one because I don't remember the specifics but here goes...

What has been going on in my spinning head since this morning when BSU posted is this... Remember one of the early interview with a neighbor or friend or something that was talking about the trash collection and said something along the lines of "take that how you want to"

Anybody remember that????
It's been nagging on me all day and I have to ask opinions or y'all to help me out.

Did anybody ever come up with what she may have meant by that.

It was pretty early on IIRC (maybe even before body was found)

I remember reading this WAY back - one of the posters thought this was REALLY strange. Now to find that post!!!

alexandra
10-26-2009, 10:11 PM
You don't think Somers real name was Cardinal do you? Prob not. Just weird that name is on there and Somers is not.

But Somer's full name is Somer Renee Thompson...not much room for another name :(

passionflower
10-26-2009, 10:12 PM
Seems like BSU believes to have figured it all out due to someone's body language and by analyzing the discourse from watching the interviews. Wonder what police procedure showed BSU in regards to this interviewee since BSU also mentions that?

Maybe BTU is in the video's and it is suppose to be an intelligent clue!
like game playing for attention............sure is getting it on here and TV???

Kimberlyd125
10-26-2009, 10:13 PM
I remember reading this WAY back - one of the posters thought this was REALLY strange. Now to find that post!!!

I was just thinking that was an early interview, the map would be on target since it was a neighbor.
Am I nuts???

Noway
10-26-2009, 10:13 PM
My guess is a typo ... the weirdness would be Somer undergoing a name change.

momtective
10-26-2009, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by BSU1967

Hint

Good morning,
The vast majority on here are looking in the wrong direction. Pay particular attention to body language/discourse analysis in the interviews on the day of this crime, and on days immediately after.
Once you have done so, you will know more.
Add this to information gleaned from the police report, google maps and police procedure and you will know who murdered this child.

Thank you.

My interpretation
Good morning,
The vast majority(not everyone) on here are looking in the wrong direction (at the wrong person/people or point of reference, Direction (geometry) Relative direction, for instance left, right, forward, backward, up, and down or compass direction) Pay particular attention to (focus on) body language/discourse (written or spoken communication) analysis (what Diena is saying) in the interviews on the day of this crime (Oct 19th), and on days (Oct 20th & 21st)immediately after.
Add this to information gleaned from the police report,(names, addresses) google maps and police procedure (always look to the last person to see the child alive especially if that person is the one providing the information), and you will know who murdered this child.

My guesses...her sibling(s) or SO from outside the neighborhood.
Definitely not sex offenders in that neighborhood LE has said this repeatedly.

*Note to reader* my guesses and opinions are subject to change... multiple times.lol

Kimberlyd125
Seems to be a bunch of typos going on in this case. IMO

KaW

Here is Somer's obituary. http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/timesunion/obituary.aspx?n=somer-renee-thompson&pid=134882995

passionflower

I'm not sure but I thought the phrase came from the roofing contractor at burnt house that showed his van???

Cheewawa007
10-26-2009, 10:15 PM

Maybe her full name is Cardinal Somer Thompson and they called her by the middle name.

Shutterfly
Anyone find a dob on P.M.C? I've got 3-9-XX...that it...anyone? Trying to figure out if this is him........

Noway
But Somer's full name is Somer Renee Thompson...not much room for another name :(

I think that field is unlimited.

Since Samuel is listed, then the wrong name, I'm going with typo.

I'm too broke to order the pages. LOL

dannyodie
http://search.criminalcheck.com/pddetails.php?db=FLSX&rec=14945&ed=197&dlnumber=CC&dlstate=CC&id=CC

I don't know, maybe I am looking at things a little different but that small cut on his forehead sure looks odd to me. just trying to catch up here. was he arrested recently for something? that small cut looks like maybe a finger nail cut its kinda odd to me, Idk? it almost looks like maybe it could be a tooth mark, her front teeth had a gap between them http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/timesunion/obituary.aspx?n=somer-renee-thompson&pid=134882995 looks almost the same size as one of those teeth? jmo, and oberservation..

ElizaAvalon
Lamb is first husband.
Marriage Date: 24 Sep 1994
Marriage County: Bexar
Marriage State: Texas

NSC
10-26-2009, 10:16 PM
I think we should split up the intial news reports and try to find this. I do remember reading about that comment regarding the trash here at WS but never saw it personally.

Kimberlyd125
10-26-2009, 10:17 PM
Why is father not mentioned in obit????

NSC
10-26-2009, 10:18 PM
Here is Somer's obituary. http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/timesunion/obituary.aspx?n=somer-renee-thompson&pid=134882995

Well that CLEARS that debate up. Thank you!

lurkeyloo
10-26-2009, 10:19 PM
http://search.criminalcheck.com/pddetails.php?db=FLSX&rec=14945&ed=197&dlnumber=CC&dlstate=CC&id=CC

I don't know, maybe I am looking at things a little different but that small cut on his forehead sure looks odd to me. just trying to catch up here. was he arrested recently for something? that small cut looks like maybe a finger nail cut its kinda odd to me, Idk?

I think the link says that photo was taken on 10/5/09 or 10/6/09. This is the guy they arrested for failing to register. he was arrested yesterday.

Shutterfly
10-26-2009, 10:20 PM

I have no clue and I don't mean to be critical or insensitive.....but IMO that's just cold.

passionflower

Hint

My interpretation
Good morning,
The vast majority(not everyone) on here are looking in the wrong direction (at the wrong person/people or point of reference, Direction (geometry) Relative direction, for instance left, right, forward, backward, up, and down or compass direction) Pay particular attention to (focus on) body language/discourse (written or spoken communication) analysis (what Diena is saying) in the interviews on the day of this crime (Oct 19th), and on days (Oct 20th & 21st)immediately after.
Add this to information gleaned from the police report,(names, addresses) google maps and police procedure (always look to the last person to see the child alive especially if that person is the one providing the information), and you will know who murdered this child.

*Note to reader* my guesses and opinions are subject to change... multiple times.lol

It says dates 20 and 21st...........
last person that said he saw child was Kyle (Carl)
almost sounds like a pychic maybe.........? the language of 'this child'.......

NSC

I don't know, maybe I am looking at things a little different but that small cut on his forehead sure looks odd to me. just trying to catch up here. was he arrested recently for something? that small cut looks like maybe a finger nail cut its kinda odd to me, Idk?

Yes, and WOW on your eyes and your observation. He was arrested this week for failing to register - even though it shows on his record as registering earlier this month!!!!

Kimberlyd125
HINKY!!!!
No mention of father in obit.

not_my_kids
10-26-2009, 10:21 PM
BSU said "the vast majority on here".
That's what's tripping my hink meter.(I literally just figured that out.)
It's gramatically incorrect and doesn't fit with the rest of the very well composed and articulated post.

Noway
10-26-2009, 10:22 PM
Don't know if this was found.

Thompson said he intends to come to Florida and wants to take Somer’s twin brother and two of his other children who’ve been living with their mother back to his home in North Carolina, where he thinks they’ll be safe.

"They're not going to live in Orange Park, Florida, anymore," Thompson said.

http://jacksonville.com/news/georgia/2009-10-21/story/somer_thompsons_father_birthmark_on_body_found_in_ landfill_matches_dau

karen in New York
10-26-2009, 10:22 PM

Thanks.
Why no dad listed?
That is odd to me.
Anyone know if he is there for the services?

NSC
10-26-2009, 10:23 PM
HINKY!!!!
No mention of father in obit.

Well they are embattled in a divorce. So not sure about this one - I say it go could either way.

Bringing up the subject of the video when mom was talking - when they asked who could have done this and she said -

It could be my ------- I swear I thought she was gonna say "EX" - so when I first viewed this I discounted this because Dad being in another state. But now that I know she has several exs I am not so sure.

And from reading those records. Why would it be important for her to know where Paul C is living and registering his address? Is there some sort of order there in place???

Kimberlyd125
10-26-2009, 10:24 PM
I know his sister said he was coming. I beleive it was in a call to Nancy show. He is in a wheelchair but someone donated a van for him to make the trip.

not_my_kids
Don't know if this was found.

Thompson said he intends to come to Florida and wants to take Somer’s twin brother and two of his other children who’ve been living with their mother back to his home in North Carolina, where he thinks they’ll be safe.

http://jacksonville.com/news/georgia/2009-10-21/story/somer_thompsons_father_birthmark_on_body_found_in_ landfill_matches_dau

I'm gonna cry.
This one alludes that either there is a fifth child we know nothing about or they are all his biological children.

momtective
It says dates 20 and 21st...........
last person that said he saw child was Kyle (Carl)
almost sounds like a pychic maybe.........? the language of 'this child'.......

All we have is the voice of a caller who says he is Kyle. No evidence whatsoever that he ever saw Somer, or that he was ever at the Gano house.
As far as I know he has not been interviewed by LE.

passionflower
10-26-2009, 10:25 PM
If Somer's dad is not there, and I read IIRC that he hasn't seen her for 2 years.
And if he doesn't pay child support, then I guess I can see why the family would not mntion him.

Kimberlyd125
10-26-2009, 10:27 PM
even if they are going thru or went thru a horrible divorce, he is still her father.
Unless, there is a reason she did not want him mentioned.
I will not sleep a wink tonight that's for sure.
That obit really bothers me.

Cheewawa007
thinking outside of the box here...DT has lunch with SP at her home. Could there possibly have been an indigo going on for/with AT & that's why DT went home for lunch & met SP. Possibly she took AT back to school but AT didn't go inside the bldg. There has to be a reason AT does not live with the rest. Possibly LE is not going to play their card until after the funeral for the sake of DT. Puleeze don't eat me:croc: just thinking and my finger tips got out of control.

not_my_kids
Father could be left out of the obit by his own wish or by the wishes of the person that wrote it. I have seen it where people request to be left out of the obit. I requested to be left out of my brother's, for personal reasons.

Noway
10-26-2009, 10:28 PM

I noticed that his sister, LH, was not listed either. Very sad IMO.

crocus

Hint

My interpretation
Good morning,

I really don't see anything different in their synopsis compared to what has been brought up and sleuthed in these threads since this case started.

passionflower
Well they are embattled in a divorce. So not sure about this one - I say it go could either way.

Bringing up the subject of the video when mom was talking - when they asked who could have done this and she said -

It could be my ------- I swear I thought she was gonna say "EX" - so when I first viewed this I discounted this because Dad being in another state. But now that I know she has several exs I am not so sure.

And from reading those records. Why would it be important for her to know where Paul C is living and registering his address? Is there some sort of order there in place???

I hate to say this but was EX someone with a record? Bad dude?

Kimberlyd125
If Somer's dad is not there, and I read IIRC that he hasn't seen her for 2 years.
And if he doesn't pay child support, then I guess I can see why the family would not mntion him.

I can't.
No matter what was going on, he is still her father.
Weather he has seen them in 2 years or not. Wether he has paid $0 or $1,000,00,000.00 he is her father.
I don't get it.

passionflower
10-26-2009, 10:29 PM
Father could be left out of the obit by his own wish or by the wishes of the person that wrote it. I have seen it where people request to be left out of the obit. I requested to be left out of my brother's, for personal reasons.

yes, I requested to be left out of my birth fathers also.

Kewpiedoll
10-26-2009, 10:30 PM
Lamb is first husband.

Okay so we have:
Bowling
Lamb
Cardinal
Thompson

????? Bowling being maiden????

alexandra
Yes, and WOW on your eyes and your observation. He was arrested this week for failing to register - even though it shows on his record as registering earlier this month!!!!

I noticed the booboo on his forehead last nite when someone posted...but the photo was taken prior to Somer's disappearance.

CajunGirl
I'm gonna cry.
This one alludes that either there is a fifth child we know nothing about or they are all his biological children.

or it could mean he adopted Andrew ... and legally would be his child also

Cheewawa007
I'm gonna cry.

maybe that interview was before they knew for a fact Somer was no longer with us & he meant Somer, her twin & the 11 yr old sister.

Kimberlyd125
10-26-2009, 10:32 PM
But, this father has been on media reports. It's not like he is trying to stay out of public view.
I can understand y'all requesting being left off, but I can not imagine a father that has publicly spoken about his daughter's death on t.v. not wanting to be listed in an obit.
I don't see it.

karen in New York
10-26-2009, 10:34 PM
I noticed that his sister, LH, was not listed either. Very sad IMO.

Makes me wonder if there is a lot of hate and rage going on in this environment. Notice the way DTs Dad looked at her at one of the press conferences, the older child not living at home, a boyfriend and a greeter (whatever that means), and all the ex's and relatives of children being left out of a family tragedy. Every family has issues but some of these families have so many.
Like Haleigh's. Poor girl didn't stand a chance and Caylee, too.
Oh and almost forgot - A possible burglary. Maybe the 13 yr old couldn't live there because things in the house weren't good for him ... would be nice to know who he does live with.

SondraK
10-26-2009, 10:34 PM
Here's another coincidence:

One of the young men involved in the armed robbery is listed on my space as being from Columbia S.C Somer Thompson was born in Columbia S.C.

Is it not strange how quiet this armed robbery has been kept. I do believe it was lissted at the correct address due to the fact that NONE of the media outlets corrected themselves.

lurkeyloo
10-26-2009, 10:35 PM
Interesting post in the astro forum by a new user. A must read....

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4346631&postcount=87

dsntslp
10-26-2009, 10:35 PM
They rarely correct themselves, imo.

Kimberlyd125
10-26-2009, 10:36 PM

One of the young men involved in the armed robbery is listed on my space as being from Columbia S.C Somer Thompson was born in Columbia S.C.

Is it not strange how quiet this armed robbery has been kept. I do believe it was lissted at the correct address due to the fact that NONE of the media outlets corrected themselves.

OMG that's crazy!!!!

Isn't father from there??? Or is he in N.C.??

scandi
10-26-2009, 10:36 PM
Hi scandi! I just got here ~ and yes, I read about that earlier today while I was at work. It could be possible, imo, but what I'm surprised about is there doesn't seem to be any DNA match, assuming there was uncontaminated DNA found on Somer. MOO

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/somer-thompson-killer-serial-child-predator/story?id=8915179#

It is interesting they say the Sheriff is looking hard at certain people with John Walsh saying it isn't unusual for these guys {child predators I assume} to raise his ugly head and come out of retirement.

I am wondering if John has someone in mind where the same MO sticks out? It could well be.

And as to DNA, if it is someone from the past who knows the ropes in committing a crime like was done to Somer, I expect the last thing they will tell the public is about a DNA match. xox

alexandra
10-26-2009, 10:37 PM
Oh...just thought of something I wanted to bring up from viewing the video entitled "Mother Makes Plea". Around 11:30 on the video the reporter states the police told the father (NC father) not to come...not to come to Orange Park. This is when Somer 1st went missing. Why in the heck would/could the cops tell the father not to come, when his daughter is missing?? Another thing on the video that MIGHT be worth looking at...when the video starts look at the back of the neck of a guy standing around the group. The back of him is in the forefront of the shot. Weird tattoo on his neck...ring any bells with any of the RSO tattoos?? I hadn't paid close enough attention to all the tattoo notes in the RSO stats that have been posted.

NSC
10-26-2009, 10:37 PM

Okay, something is UP -- No way this is a coincidence. I need a timeline of when Somer went missing to when this robbery occured.

Is there any video reporting on this robbery? And AGAIN, how could they try to rob a house where people are holed up and grieving??? Isn't the media camped outside??? :banghead:

CajunGirl
10-26-2009, 10:38 PM
Ive been gone the whole weekend but I've tried to keep up. Can someone tell me how we know for a fact that Andrew didn't live with the rest of his family?

Chili Fries
10-26-2009, 10:39 PM
I hate to say this but was EX someone with a record? Bad dude?

I believe he is a vet who was injured in Iraq.

mom_of_five
10-26-2009, 10:41 PM
All we have is the voice of a caller who says he is Kyle. No evidence whatsoever that he ever saw Somer, or that he was ever at the Gano house.
As far as I know he has not been interviewed by LE.

Exactly. OR that his name really IS Kyle.

Kimberlyd125
10-26-2009, 10:41 PM
Do you think they are looking at the father???
Could that be why LE told him not to come (seems like they would want him to come if they thought he had anything to do with it)
Could it be the interviews with the father that BSU was talking about???

IDK - my head's about to explode.

passionflower
10-26-2009, 10:42 PM
Interesting post in the astro forum by a new user. A must read....

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4346631&postcount=87

WOW, WLK was on the videos!!!!!
lots of info on him!
GF died, lonely???
ready to come out of retirement?

Emma Peel
Do we think we know how many husbands Diena has had? I'm very confused.

Noway
"Somer, your daddy Sam loves you unconditionally. Stay strong and don't give up the fight or the hope that we're going to be a family again. I love you," he said before authorities revealed they had found the body.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local/story/Body-found-in-search-for-Somer-Thompson/3BnhZ7zntkabHN2YXWCsyw.cspx

While I don't think it was his idea at all to not be listed in the obituary, he may have decided to pick his battles and write one of his own.

Sad. IMO

ETA: He is recovering from injuries from car accident and travel was difficult, IIRC.

panthera
10-26-2009, 10:43 PM

Another interesting coincidence, imo, considering it's about 300 mi. between Columbia & Jacksonville. :waitasec:

ElizaAvalon
10-26-2009, 10:44 PM

3 that I know of: Lamb, Cardinal, Thompson

passionflower
Okay, something is UP -- No way this is a coincidence. I need a timeline of when Somer went missing to when this robbery occured.

Is there any video reporting on this robbery? And AGAIN, how could they try to rob a house where people are holed up and grieving??? Isn't the media camped outside??? :banghead:

the only thin I know is I read it on the ape channel

karen in New York
Do you think they are looking at the father???
Could that be why LE told him not to come (seems like they would want him to come if they thought he had anything to do with it)
Could it be the interviews with the father that BSU was talking about???

IDK - my head's about to explode.

Dad can't walk. He's in a wheelchair. Had recent surgery. Needs a van with a wheelchair ramp to even go anywhere.
Seems to leave him out ...

Kimberlyd125
Has anybody mentioned hinky feelings regarding father since she went missing?

Noway
10-26-2009, 10:45 PM
Ive been gone the whole weekend but I've tried to keep up. Can someone tell me how we know for a fact that Andrew didn't live with the rest of his family?

I don't know that we do. Do we?

We know his bio dad is PC.

ElizaAvalon
I'd like to see a link to where WLK was interviewed on the news on Wednesday around noon...

crocus
But, this father has been on media reports. It's not like he is trying to stay out of public view.
I can understand y'all requesting being left off, but I can not imagine a father that has publicly spoken about his daughter's death on t.v. not wanting to be listed in an obit.
I don't see it.

I don't either. Obviously, an adult made the decision as to the wording of the obit, and it's sad, cause no matter what, her biological connections cannot be denied.

Kimberlyd125
Dad can't walk. He's in a wheelchair. Had recent surgery. Needs a van with a wheelchair ramp to even go anywhere.
Seems to leave him out ...

Yeah, would seem to leave him out physically.

Kewpiedoll
10-26-2009, 10:47 PM

Maiden: Bowling
Husbands:
Lamb
Cardinal
Thompson
and now live in b/f

NSC
10-26-2009, 10:47 PM
WOW, WLK was on the videos!!!!!
lots of info on him!
GF died, lonely???
ready to come out of retirement?

That is what everyone was saying earlier - was that you? I can't remember?? WAIT - so WHERE and which video??? IS it for sure him???? Hope that poster gives us the link!!

Kewpiedoll
10-26-2009, 10:48 PM
I'd like to see a link to where WLK was interviewed on the news on Wednesday around noon...

Yea.... ME2

Kimberlyd125
I'm not saying the dad had anything to do with it.
I'm just pointing out a few questions.
I can honestly say I have not thought of him at all until tonight.
And, I have thought of at least 10 people tonight.

alexandra
Errrgghhh....was going to paste a link to the Mother Makes Plea video...but now when I play it on the WFTV site...it's not the same one. The one I'm talking about is at least 12 minutes long. I'll find it and post it.

txsvicki
10-26-2009, 10:49 PM
Was the live in boyfriend interviewed? He did go looking for Somer. Maybe he saw something while out looking.

Paulette

Sorry your post was ignored. It's almost impossible to keep up here, so many posts in such a short amount of time. I'm reading an article posted a bit ago, A Primer, Critical Discourse Analysis. I'd love to read your summary. Very interest topic.

karen in New York
There could be a man/RSO that was semi-interested in DT - kinda hung around and partied and got to know Somer that way and then seized the opportunity to grab Sommer - especially if the perb saw yet another man at DTs house with her that day - he could have been angry ...
All those times that Somer was missing after school, where was she?

lurkeyloo

Oh yes. Me too! I'm looking.

Chili Fries
10-26-2009, 10:50 PM
That is what everyone was saying earlier - was that you? I can't remember?? WAIT - so WHERE and which video??? IS it for sure him???? Hope that poster gives us the link!!
It's not him. It's a neighbor named O'Cain who lives a few doors down from the Thompsons and on the other side of the street.

Kewpiedoll
10-26-2009, 10:51 PM
I'm not saying the dad had anything to do with it.
I'm just pointing out a few questions.
I can honestly say I have not thought of him at all until tonight.
And, I have thought of at least 10 people tonight.
Hi Kimberly,
I think with Dad being Iraq Vet and recently in the auto accident that has him with pins throughout his body that he would not physcially be able to kill his daughter, and he was out of state. If he didn't have the funds or handicap vehicle to handle a wheelchair, well I don't see he would have been able to make a special trip to OP to kill Somer. kwim

passionflower
10-26-2009, 10:52 PM
http://***********.blogspot.com/2009/10/somer-thompsons-mother.html

hope this is allowed, if not I will delete

CajunGirl
10-26-2009, 10:52 PM
I don't know that we do. Do we?

We know his bio dad is PC.

right... and we also know, based off of court records, that this child was listed along with his siblings in family law documents w/ Sam Thompson. If he wasn't adopted by Sam, then why would he be listed on documents regarding "family law"... which I'm guessing is child support?

passionflower
10-26-2009, 10:53 PM
sorry try this link of comments........I goofed.......

Kimberlyd125
10-26-2009, 10:55 PM
Hi Kimberly,
I think with Dad being Iraq Vet and recently in the auto accident that has him with pins throughout his body that he would not physcially be able to kill his daughter, and he was out of state. If he didn't have the funds or handicap vehicle to handle a wheelchair, well I don't see he would have been able to make a special trip to OP to kill Somer. kwim

Yes, I do know what you mean. I knew all of that.
But, would it be the first time a messy divorce ended in a tragedy like this. By the hands of a family member or someone who did it for the family member????
Like I said in a previous post, I'm not saying I think the father did it.
I'm just asking questions.
I also said I never thought of the father as possibly doing this untill tonight and I've thought of at least 10 people tonight.

Cheewawa007
10-26-2009, 10:55 PM
I'm going to act like a bread truck & haul buns... into bed. Have a good night all.

Emma Peel
10-26-2009, 10:56 PM
was one of the witnesses on the initial police report an RSO?
or did I dream that?

Noway
10-26-2009, 10:58 PM
I'm curious though.

The PC child support was from 2008.

The SFT child support was from 2009 but Andrew is listed.

He should not have to pay child support should he? Or if he adopted Andrew then PC should not have to pay child support, should he?

Kimberlyd125
10-26-2009, 10:58 PM
There was a RSO on p.r.
But they said it was a mistake. Someone gave them his info by mistake

ETA: I don't believe that but oh well. lol
Seems like a lot of mistaken info on police report, robbery reports, etc.

Noway
10-26-2009, 10:59 PM
was one of the witnesses on the initial police report an RSO?
or did I dream that?

An RSO was listed; however, that was later said to be mistake (Mary Justino, spokesperson said). It was posted in this thread but I don't know what page ... around 8 maybe?

http://jacksonville.com/community/my...rigin_of_trash (http://jacksonville.com/community/my_clay_sun/2009-10-23/story/somers_slaying_investigaton_narrowing_down_origin_ of_trash)

Justino said one possible contact eliminated was a registered sex offender whose name and address in Orange Park is listed on the incident report that was written after Somer was reported missing. That person was named by someone who later turned out to be mistaken about the identity, Justino said.

Was on page 7 (thanks, Patty!)

NSC
10-26-2009, 10:59 PM
I'm curious though.

He should not have to pay child support should he? Or if he adopted Andrew then PC should not have to pay child support, should he?

I didn't read PR as having to pay support. But as having to have his residence verified. This is why I was wondering if this was a criminal matter elsewhere?

Nana46
10-26-2009, 11:00 PM
Just read the obit and thanks to whomever posted it and now I don't have it,lol. Was DT's father and mother listed in this obit? I can't remember....and is DT's father the grey haired man behind her in one of the videos who kept looking at her strangely or am I imagining this?
Thanks to anyone who knows.

karen in New York
10-26-2009, 11:01 PM
I'm curious though.

Maybe the more child support - the better .......
Good nite. Maybe a break tomorrow. RIP Somer.

Emma Peel
10-26-2009, 11:02 PM
There was a RSO on p.r.
But they said it was a mistake. Someone gave them his info by mistake

TY Kimberlyd ...

I hadn't heard that they mistakenly put an RSO's information down as a witness. How do you put a witness name on a police report by mistake? I guess I missed that explanation...

BTW, do we understand who was the "someone" that gave an RSO name as witness on a police report by mistake?

Noway
10-26-2009, 11:05 PM
Just read the obit and thanks to whomever posted it and now I don't have it,lol. Was DT's father and mother listed in this obit? I can't remember....and is DT's father the grey haired man behind her in one of the videos who kept looking at her strangely or am I imagining this?
Thanks to anyone who knows.

P. B. and D. B. were listed. (I'm paranoid about names now.)

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/timesunion/obituary.aspx?n=somer-renee-thompson&pid=134882995

Kewpiedoll
10-26-2009, 11:07 PM
Yes, I do know what you mean. I knew all of that.
But, would it be the first time a messy divorce ended in a tragedy like this. By the hands of a family member or someone who did it for the family member????
Like I said in a previous post, I'm not saying I think the father did it.
I'm just asking questions.
I also said I never thought of the father as possibly doing this untill tonight and I've thought of at least 10 people tonight.

Sorry if I mis-read your post Kimberly.... thread is moving and has been moving fast. Seems 3-divorces have went down and now live in b/f so it could be any raged family member from 3 marriages and who knows how many bf...? Hate to sound like this but it is what is. Has nothing to do with my empathy or sympthay for DT.... just seems like some dysfunction going on around the children. IMO

Kimberlyd125
10-26-2009, 11:08 PM
TY Kimberlyd ...

I hadn't heard that they mistakenly put an RSO's information down as a witness. How do you put a witness name on a police report by mistake? I guess I missed that explanation...

BTW, do we understand who was the "someone" that gave an RSO name as witness on a police report by mistake?

From what I've heard on here, someone gave them the RSO's info by mistake.
IDK - then it was mentioned on here how did they have all of his info D.O.B, Forer Employer, Employer's phone number...
I think it's just too much of a coinkydink. IMO

CajunGirl
10-26-2009, 11:09 PM
An RSO was listed; however, that was later said to be mistake (Mary Justino, spokesperson said). It was posted in this thread but I don't know what page ... around 8 maybe?

http://jacksonville.com/community/my...rigin_of_trash (http://jacksonville.com/community/my_clay_sun/2009-10-23/story/somers_slaying_investigaton_narrowing_down_origin_ of_trash)

Justino said one possible contact eliminated was a registered sex offender whose name and address in Orange Park is listed on the incident report that was written after Somer was reported missing. That person was named by someone who later turned out to be mistaken about the identity, Justino said.

Was on page 7 (thanks, Patty!)

that's fishy to me... How do you give information about someone and totally made a mistake about identity? LOL That's like me saying George Clooney and giving LE contact info about him that was incorrect. I mean... we aren't idiots... There is no way some random person gave CWG's name and OLD info to LE and the dude just HAPPENED to be absconded... that's retarded

Kimberlyd125
10-26-2009, 11:10 PM
This thread is moving very fast. A lot of new info tonight. Hard to wrap your head around it isn't it??? LOL
Sometimes my fingers don't filter what my brian is saying fast enough. Sorry.

mom_of_five
10-26-2009, 11:11 PM
http://www.nsopw.gov/Core/ResultDetails.aspx?index=0&x=BBB05E2B-0137-4ADC-9B00-9A8735ADDCFB

states he must reside "only in approved residence"

Kimberlyd125
10-26-2009, 11:11 PM
that's fishy to me... How do you give information about someone and totally made a mistake about identity? LOL That's like me saying George Clooney and giving LE contact info about him that was incorrect. I mean... we aren't idiots... There is no way some random person gave CWG's name and OLD info to LE and the dude just HAPPENED to be absconded... that's retarded

I couldn't agree more.

ETA: Great minds from Louisiana think alike. LOL

Emma Peel
10-26-2009, 11:12 PM
From what I've heard on here, someone gave them the RSO's info by mistake.
IDK - then it was mentioned on here how did they have all of his info D.O.B, Forer Employer, Employer's phone number...
I think it's just too much of a coinkydink. IMO

ty.

it's kinda wonky isn't it?

CajunGirl
10-26-2009, 11:14 PM
I couldn't agree more.

ETA: Great minds from Louisiana think alike. LOL

it's the water :crazy:

Emma Peel
10-26-2009, 11:14 PM
so, as far as husbands, we've seen 3?

oh no. there it is again...

alexandra
10-26-2009, 11:15 PM
Better late than never. Thought I'd never find it again. Here is the video that starts with guy w/tattoo on neck. Then about 11:30 into they talk about telling Somer's dad not to come. It was not on the TV station I thought :(

http://www.news4jax.com/video/21355067/index.html

Emma Peel

oh c'mon. you know it's the beignets. :wink:

Kimberlyd125

The Water!!! ewwww. Just Kiddin
Well, I don't want the water you've been drinking from what I hear. LOL

Kimberlyd125
10-26-2009, 11:16 PM

That sounds much better. With a LARGE coffee.

Isabelle
10-26-2009, 11:18 PM
I have a gut feeling that LE will make an arrest after the services tomorrow.

CajunGirl
10-26-2009, 11:19 PM

OH LAWD... don't be makin me hungry EP LOL

KAE
This thread is moving very fast. A lot of new info tonight. Hard to wrap your head around it isn't it??? LOL
Sometimes my fingers don't filter what my brian is saying fast enough. Sorry.

I agree - all of the threads in this case have moved pretty fast.
How many threads does it take before a case can get it's own sub-forum?
It seems there are a lot of requests for reposting things and having a sub-forum would help organize things a lot. I'm still kinda new here and I'm not sure how this sort of thing works.

Kimberlyd125
I hope your feeling is right Isabelle.
But seems to me if they know who did this, they would get them off the streets sooner than later.
Why risk it happening again??? IMO

mom_of_five
10-26-2009, 11:20 PM
Do we have a first name or initial for Mom's 1st husband (last name Lamb)?

3angelsrmine
I can't keep up with all the posts, but what I have been able to read is so insightful. Thanks to all of you dedicated WSers. You are appreciated! :) Keep up the great work!

CajunGirl
The Water!!! ewwww. Just Kiddin
Well, I don't want the water you've been drinking from what I hear. LOL

I've been drinking it a while hoping... LOL Funny thing is... it took drinking Tennessee water for it to happen LOL :dance:

Kimberlyd125
10-26-2009, 11:22 PM
O/T: Was it on an anniversary trip to Tenn?? Happened to me. LOL
Maybe Lose-e-anner water aint all it's cracked up to be. Maybe it takes mountain water.

ElizaAvalon
10-26-2009, 11:22 PM
Name: Diena R B.
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1975

Spouse: Travis L L.
Spouse gender: Male
Spouse Est Birth Year: abt 1972
Spouse Age: 22

Source: Texas Marriage Index, 1966-2002

source: ancestry.com

pferrin
10-26-2009, 11:23 PM
I've been drinking it a while hoping... LOL Funny thing is... it took drinking Tennessee water for it to happen LOL :dance:

Stuff like that always happens in tennessee...fire water.lol

Emma Peel
10-26-2009, 11:24 PM
1967 is either 41, or 42 in age.

bsu = sub, bus, usb, ubs, sbu

If I humor bs-you just for a minute:

1) I might ask if there was anyone born in 1967 that you were looking at in the last day or so?

2) Also bs-you said to analyze body language/discourse. which means look for inconsistencies over the first two days in words and in body language.

I haven't watched all the tapes, are they organized here in one place?

spamelope
10-26-2009, 11:26 PM
Do we have a first name or initial for Mom's 1st husband (last name Lamb)?
Ya know that country star with the last name Tritt? Think along the lines of his first name. Cryptograms in the air tonight! I love it lol.

Kimberlyd125
10-26-2009, 11:27 PM
I tried to go over some older videos today. I don't see anything I didn't see the first time I watched them. The tears still came down my face and I still believe DT. She seems honest to me. When she gets upset, I feel her pain.

ShadowGal
10-26-2009, 11:28 PM

1) I might ask if there was anyone born in 1967 that you were looking at in the last day or so?

2) Also bs-you said to analyze body language/discourse. which means look for inconsistencies over the first two days in words and in body language.

I asked earlier if we could get the videos in one thread, the maps in one thread, and the SO info in one thread, like Caylee's forum. Does a mod need to set up a forum?

Kimberlyd125
10-26-2009, 11:28 PM
I bet BSU is reading as a guest and loving that he/she stirred the pot so much.

Emma Peel
10-26-2009, 11:29 PM
Ya know that country star with the last name Tritt? Think along the lines of his first name. Cryptograms in the air tonight! I love it lol.

:wave:

spammie is that you? from ws chat? (If not, I'm sorry, I'm just confused & you can shake your head and ignore me! :) )

WillenFan21
10-26-2009, 11:30 PM
I asked earlier if we could get the videos in one thread, the maps in one thread, and the SO info in one thread, like Caylee's forum. Does a mod need to set up a forum?

Yes. Usually the mods set up the forums. I am surprised they haven't done that already seeing as we are on thread #8. Maybe you could PM Tricia and request a forum be made?

spamelope
10-26-2009, 11:31 PM

Oh, EP I had a devil of a time finding the videos. So far, they don't seem to be neatly categorized, plus, it's hard to remember which site I saw what where. Some things were SC media, HLN, first coast, etc. This stuff is all over. I went back looking for something I watched this a.m. and can't find it now.

ShadowGal
10-26-2009, 11:33 PM
Yes. Usually the mods set up the forums. I am surprised they haven't done that already seeing as we are on thread #8. Maybe you could PM Tricia and request a forum be made?

Will do. Here's the original post.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased FL-Somer Renee Thompson, 7, Orange Park thread #7

Emma Peel
10-26-2009, 11:33 PM

Not sure, but probably.

However, you might want to keep everyone on the same thread for a bit longer. Sometimes it's way easier in the beginning of a case.

Maybe they'd just set up a media thread for you guys, which could include media links, video, maps, incident reports, etc?

Who's yer mod? Do you know? You could PM & ask... JMO

spamelope
10-26-2009, 11:34 PM
:wave:

spammie is that you? from ws chat? (If not, I'm sorry, I'm just confused & you can shake your head and ignore me! :) )
Hi Emma, didn't you recognize me? Please don't tell my dirty li'l secrets!:blowkiss:

Emma Peel
10-26-2009, 11:36 PM

JMO, but I like the common discussion thread in the beginning of a case, myself. Good for community work & getting questions answered, etc when folks first join a case...

Definitely would be nice to add a Somer Media Thread - especially for those coming later to case...

Emma Peel
10-26-2009, 11:37 PM
Hi Emma, didn't you recognize me? Please don't tell my dirty li'l secrets!:blowkiss:

lol Spammie, I asked this same question in the first thread of Somer but, I think you went to bed as soon as I asked it. Anyway, then I got shy.

helloooooo home-girl!! :dance: yer secrets are safe with Emma, you know that! :wink:

Kimberlyd125
10-26-2009, 11:38 PM
OK, as much as I hate to (cause I know I'm gonna be so far behind) I'm going to lay down and try to get some of this off of my mind.
But, I must say that Obit is gonna haunt me. I know it is.

Y'all keep up the good work. Thank God there are so many people that care about Somer they way y'all do to try so hard to try to figure out what happened to her.

Good night.

AmandaReckonwith
10-26-2009, 11:40 PM
Not sure if it will help...

I did save about 20 vids from Somer's case so far, but the quality is not very good.
But, they are labeled and dated.

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Somer%20Thompson/?mediafilter=videos

spamelope
10-26-2009, 11:41 PM
lol Spammie, I asked this same question in the first thread of Somer but, I think you went to bed as soon as I asked it. Anyway, then I got shy.

helloooooo home-girl!! :dance: yer secrets are safe with Emma, you know that! :wink:
Oops, I'm so sorry I missed that! Yeah, this is logged in like 24/7 even if I'm not in the state lol. Sorry, I wasn't sure if it was you or... well, ya know?

CajunGirl
10-26-2009, 11:41 PM
O/T: Was it on an anniversary trip to Tenn?? Happened to me. LOL
Maybe Lose-e-anner water aint all it's cracked up to be. Maybe it takes mountain water.

nah... was the Honeymoon :blushing:

:floorlaugh:

now I know where to go for sure though LOL

harleysnana
10-26-2009, 11:43 PM
someone had posted earlier that during an interview with dt a guy to her left mouthed the word no when dt was asked if she knows how Somer was killed.....but the video was the wrong one.....anyone find the right video???...tyia

Hi gypsblue... that was me.
The video is titled: Somer's Mom "Were going to get you"
If you scroll down to the page you should see it.
It starts around 4:45 and he mouths it about 11:45.

ShadowGal
10-26-2009, 11:47 PM
Not sure, but probably.

However, you might want to keep everyone on the same thread for a bit longer. Sometimes it's way easier in the beginning of a case.

Maybe they'd just set up a media thread for you guys, which could include media links, video, maps, incident reports, etc?

Who's yer mod? Do you know? You could PM & ask... JMO

I hesitated to ask earlier, hoping that we'd have an arrest today and could just keep the discussion threads. But if we don't get some answers soon, it may be helpful to have the maps, So's, etc on seperate threads for sleuthing. Checking with mod now.

eta: heading to bed soon, but can work on it more in the a.m.

Hippy Chick
10-26-2009, 11:50 PM
i have been @ work and meetings all day please someone bring me up to date

doggies
10-26-2009, 11:59 PM
Strange, isn't it, the timing so soon after Falcon's ascent? It's almost like someone(s) couldn't stand the fact that someone else got so much attention. Either that, or it set up sick fantasies in their warped mind(s).
Now having said that, seemingly apropos of nothing, I almost wish I could post this next part anonymously, in that I am not proud of what I'm going to say.
I watched this video tonight for the first time. I'd never watched it before.
I was so shocked at 3:09.
As DT is coming back out the front door, it was the look on her face that sent the image of Daddy Heene into my head.
I had to watch it again and again. And again. Had decided not to say anything, but I'm fixing to take my Buddydog and go to bed, and knew I couldn't leave without seeing if anyone else in the whole world sees what I saw when she looked up and saw the cameras.

Kewpiedoll
10-27-2009, 12:02 AM
i have been @ work and meetings all day please someone bring me up to date

Page 4 this thread post #85 is a copy/paste job for our hit n run poster today.

We have :banghead: our heads about that post and prior to that on thread #7 Shutter did some fab work on maps / photos.

Cam made another trip out today and on the other thread posted some great photos as well.

The viewing was tonight.

John Walsh thinks a serial child killer may have come out of the closet and raised his ugly head.

I think this pretty much covers it. Good luck with disecting all of it.

Kewpiedoll
10-27-2009, 12:04 AM
Strange, isn't it, the timing so soon after Falcon's ascent? It's almost like someone(s) couldn't stand the fact that someone else got so much attention. Either that, or it set up sick fantasies in their warped mind(s).
Now having said that, seemingly apropos of nothing, I almost wish I could post this next part anonymously, in that I am not proud of what I'm going to say.
As DT is coming back out the front door, it was the look on her face that sent the image of Daddy Heene into my head.
I had to watch it again and again. And again. Had decided not to say anything, but I'm fixing to take my Buddydog and go to bed, and knew I couldn't leave without seeing if anyone else in the whole world sees what I saw when she looked up and saw the cameras.

I don't know anything about Daddy Heene or Falcon's ascent. ????

Shutterfly
10-27-2009, 12:06 AM

I don't want to say it either. I've watched it about five times, this being the sixth. I see what you see. Whether or not I'm misreading it I'm not sure, but yes, I see it.

Bobbisangel
10-27-2009, 12:09 AM
I have no clue and I don't mean to be critical or insensitive.....but IMO that's just cold.

The mother must have had a good reason not to list the dad's name in the obit. Maybe he hasn't been much of a dad during Sommer's lifetime and so the mother decided not to list him when it came to her death.

When my daughter was murdered her dad hadn't seen her in years and he was not listed in her obit. He didn't come to the service either and we didn't really want him there. If a dad can't be a dad to his child when she is alive why bother to come around or be acknowledged in death.

I don't know this mom's reason but I would bet she has a good reason for leaving dad out of the obit.

smart blonde
I am behind again, reading this thread, so this has probably been mentioned, but...

to not include Somer's father (and his side of family) in this obituary is not just unusual to me, it seems petty and mean.

Am I wrong?

passionflower
It's not him. It's a neighbor named O'Cain who lives a few doors down from the Thompsons and on the other side of the street.

any link? He sure is a twin to WLK, IMO

spamelope
10-27-2009, 12:12 AM
I don't want to say it either. I've watched it about five times, this being the sixth. I see what you see. Whether or not I'm misreading it I'm not sure, but yes, I see it.

It's the same look as I saw in the video this morning! But the one I saw was I think taken the day they found Somer. It's the one where she looks festive, with curly ribbons in her hair. It's almost like she's trying to keep from laughing.

Bobbisangel
10-27-2009, 12:13 AM
I am behind again, reading this thread, so this has probably been mentioned, but...

to not include Somer's father (and his side of family) in this obituary is not just unusual to me, it seems petty and mean.

Am I wrong?

I would imagine mom has a good reason for leaving dad and his family out of the obit. See my comment above. I think we wrote close to the same time..lol

MommaD
10-27-2009, 12:17 AM
any link? He sure is a twin to WLK, IMO

The guy at the table sure looks like some RSO's we have been looking at.. I just can't remember which one... its an older guy .. hairline is really far back and thin... Can't get a good look at face . sideways looking all the time in the video.. the tribute table video.. But from looks of him he has been around on this earth walking probably 55-60 yrs..

ShadowGal
10-27-2009, 12:17 AM
The mother must have had a good reason not to list the dad's name in the obit. Maybe he hasn't been much of a dad during Sommer's lifetime and so the mother decided not to list him when it came to her death.

When my daughter was murdered her dad hadn't seen her in years and he was not listed in her obit. He didn't come to the service either and we didn't really want him there. If a dad can't be a dad to his child when she is alive why bother to come around or be acknowledged in death.

I don't know this mom's reason but I would bet she has a good reason for leaving dad out of the obit.

So sorry for the loss of your daughter, and what you have been through, Bobbisangel. How heartbreaking.

CentralAlberta
10-27-2009, 12:18 AM
DOGGIES - I see it! I hope we don't have another TM from the Tori Stafford case. She was TOO much when her daughter was missing.

WOW!! You guys did alot of sleuthing today. The last I read this morning was BSU's post. (What a way to have to leave for work!) I have been reading for 4 hours and am finally caught up. Now it's time to go to sleep so I can get up to go back to work. Anyway, If this were a stranger abduction, & LE knew who it was, I don't think they would wait for the funeral. They would get that pervert off the street. If it was a familymember/friend of the family, they might wait to let the family start to get a wee bit of closure before adding more tragedy. I hope they can find this person soon. Otherwise, I fear this may turn into a cold case.

ShadowGal
10-27-2009, 12:18 AM
Gotta get some sleep now. Will have to catch up in the a.m.

doggies
10-27-2009, 12:23 AM
Thank you, Shutterfly and Spamelope. You have truly made my heart lighter. I feel better. Wait a minute...I think I should feel worse.

So it's definitely there. Aw, geez. .

Kewpiedoll, Falcon Heene is the 'balloon boy', whose dad who wanted publicity. He got infamy and notoriety the hard way.

doggies
10-27-2009, 12:27 AM
CentralAlberta, thank you, too. Although I wish it hadn't been there, I'm very grateful I'm not the only one.

spamelope
10-27-2009, 12:30 AM
Good night to all you folks who are retiring after such a great day. I think that it was one, anyway. That post made people turn off the tunnel vision, and if all that was meant to do, it was productive.

harleysnana
10-27-2009, 12:31 AM
ok, what do we know about the brother? If he is 13 and plays any kind of sports at OPAA, I would think he attends Orange Park Jr. High....Jr. High is out at about 3:40, Mom picks him up at OPAA after 4 but before 5. do we have a last name?

In the video I just posted if you go to about 10:38 “my son when he found
out, my oldest he punched things” etc.
then at about 10:42 she says something to the fact that “and for a child, a
son, a boy, and then at 10:48 she says “I know men don’t show re …
emotion lot” It sounds to me like she was going to say “I know men don’t
show regret” and then changed it real fast to emotion.
Does anyone else hear it?

Video is "Somer's Mom we're going to get you"

mommya
10-27-2009, 12:35 AM

I thought maybe "remorse" would have been the word.

MommaD
10-27-2009, 12:35 AM

yes I caught that few days ago... could of been "remorse" also.. what else could it have been?? starting with re ......

spamelope
10-27-2009, 12:36 AM
DOGGIES - I see it! I hope we don't have another TM from the Tori Stafford case. She was TOO much when her daughter was missing.

WOW!! You guys did alot of sleuthing today. The last I read this morning was BSU's post. (What a way to have to leave for work!) I have been reading for 4 hours and am finally caught up. Now it's time to go to sleep so I can get up to go back to work. Anyway, If this were a stranger abduction, & LE knew who it was, I don't think they would wait for the funeral. They would get that pervert off the street. If it was a familymember/friend of the family, they might wait to let the family start to get a wee bit of closure before adding more tragedy. I hope they can find this person soon. Otherwise, I fear this may turn into a cold case.

I don't think they're waiting for the funeral to make an arrest either. I'm not sure why her body wasn't released by today, though. Surely they don't need 5 days to do an autopsy. I think they might be waiting for results of tests to make an arrest, IDK. I'm sure if they suspect someone, they will be under constant surveillance. And I bet they have a good idea who it is.

Missouri Mom
10-27-2009, 12:36 AM

When I heard her talking in regards to her son, I also got a chill and the red flag came out! I didn't know what she was trying to say, but she definitely had a thought in process, then thought better of it. IMO

harleysnana
10-27-2009, 12:38 AM
yes I caught that few days ago... could of been "remorse" also.. what else could it have been?? starting with re ......

Any ideas why he would have remorse or regret?

NSC
10-27-2009, 12:39 AM

Took me till the 2nd time but I do see it. Still don't think mom is behind this. However, I am starting to believe she could have been aquainted with WLK or people associated with him.

Kewpiedoll
10-27-2009, 12:41 AM
Thank you, Shutterfly and Spamelope. You have truly made my heart lighter. I feel better. Wait a minute...I think I should feel worse.

Kewpiedoll, Falcon Heene is the 'balloon boy', whose dad who wanted publicity. He got infamy and notoriety the hard way.

Thanks -- I as you can see did not watch any of that and have no clue who they are. I read about the hoax on yahoo but still can't tell you anyone's name or even where this happened.

Sweet Dreams..

spamelope
10-27-2009, 12:42 AM

Doggies, I saw it this a.m and it really didn't make me feel any better, but it made me understand how I had been listening instead of seeing. Turn the sound off and you see something so much different without the anguished pleas. If anyone can provide the original "we're coming to get you" link, I'd appreciate it. Because I saw that same look about 4 times before 4 mins. was played.

Chili Fries
10-27-2009, 12:44 AM
However, I am starting to believe she could have been aquainted with WLK or people associated with him.
Why do you think that?

txsvicki
10-27-2009, 12:47 AM
I tried to watch a video of the mom that was linked but some Mormon thing about how to find happiness suddenly started talking and then downloading.

Wishbone
10-27-2009, 12:48 AM
I've been trying to figure out why SP was at the house and a thought struck me. Just a wild hunch but maybe he wasn't there all afternoon......Could Mom have called him to go to the house when it became apparent that Somer was overdue? Maybe trying to make it look like someone was at the house waiting for the kids to come home from school so that she wouldn't look bad for leaving them alone? That would kinda explain the differences in who called or texted who first? I would guess if that is the case that they have told LE the truth by now. Anyway, it was just a thought.........

Shutterfly
10-27-2009, 12:48 AM
Took me till the 2nd time but I do see it. Still don't think mom is behind this. However, I am starting to believe she could have been aquainted with WLK or people associated with him.

I don't believe that she did either. I just get the impression, and it could just be because I'm an idiot, that these speeches seem scripted and rehearsed. Ever see the movie Mommie Dearest? I go back to Christina sitting at her mother's night table, using her hair brush as a microphone, thanking all of her "fans" in the mirror. I don't know precisely why, but that's where I go.

MommaD
10-27-2009, 12:49 AM
Any ideas why he would have remorse or regret?

I don't.. I was totally confused at really what she was trying to tell us.. That Somer's missing/death is harder on males in her family? I am sorry... I just don't know how to take what she was trying to say..

Anyone else???

NSC
10-27-2009, 12:50 AM
Why do you think that?

From reading the other thread - Astro -

Then I was given this:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased FL-Somer Renee Thompson, age 7, missing from Orange Park, thread #3.

The person with the same last name as WLK was removed from her facebook. I think that is odd and nobody can confirm the first name.

They don't live that far away. His GF's daughter allegedly lives at this address. It looks like from her MS she has a baby and a older daughter. So would this daughter be a classmates of somers???

I could continue but I don't want all my speculation confused for fact :)

mommya
10-27-2009, 12:51 AM
Been thinking of another odd comment from DT....

When she said something like - the perp probably said something to somer like "I'm going to take you to your Mommy"

I just thought it was strange.

If Somer was taken when DT was not home - that would mean Somer would have to have thought that the perp would have taken her to her Mom at work?

Just something she added into the conversation that sounded oddly speculative.

Of course I don't know what I would really do or say in her situation - but I can picture myself thinking that if someone took my child (son) - right from my own neighborhood - they must have used some lure that would interest him - and not frighten him. Like maybe ask for help looking for a pet or something.

Do kids really fall for the "I'm gonna take you to your mom" anymore? Seems it's been pounded into them that this is a danger sign. The little 5 yr. old girl from the alleged abduction attempt didn't fall for it apparantly - it freaked her out.

I hope I'm getting my point across. At least I know what I mean.:)

christee
10-27-2009, 12:52 AM
Just wonder if we were on the right track and the 1 time poster came on to throw us OFF track????
I think it's somebody messin' with us!
"BSU"="Bull**** You"

Not you Passion, "You" as in WSers

If BSU had any guts they'd come back on for a WS smackdown...:slap:

doggies
10-27-2009, 12:53 AM
There are a couple of more things I want to add...I remember reading in The Hillside Strangler about cops that cannot deliver a death notification without laughing. That came to me just a little while ago, and I have a friend who does the same thing, almost.
It's purely a defense mechanism.
NSC, I don't think she's involved, either, but am wondering if seeing LE led her to think about the deserved retribution that will be coming. I think she knows something, too-and despite her denials, she probably knows more than she's admitting.
The 2nd thing is how strange it was for her to be referring to her 13-year old as a 'man'.
I thought that was kind of odd, but since she was kind of stuttering there, I didn't go back to listen again. But yeah. If ya'll caught that, that must have been what I thought. Strange. 13 to me is still almost a little boy. And little boys cry, whether they want to or not. Is he the one who was always tormenting Somer? For him to start hitting things sounds a little unruly, but times, they're not normal.
And I missed this-he doesn't live there, right? Does anyone know since when?

NSC
10-27-2009, 12:54 AM
I don't believe that she did either. I just get the impression, and it could just be because I'm an idiot, that these speeches seem scripted and rehearsed. Ever see the movie Mommie Dearest? I go back to Christina sitting at her mother's night table, using her hair brush as a microphone, thanking all of her "fans" in the mirror. I don't know precisely why, but that's where I go.

Yes, Yes and Yes -- I get it and see it. I just hate to think this way. :angel:

spamelope
10-27-2009, 12:54 AM
Remember the other time she stumbled when she said, "it could be my-someone I know." Oh man, I don't know where the link is to that, does anyone else remember that?

harleysnana
10-27-2009, 12:56 AM
Remember the other time she stumbled when she said, "it could be my-someone I know." Oh man, I don't know where the link is to that, does anyone else remember that?

I think that is in the same video I posted.

Blue_Dolphin308
10-27-2009, 12:56 AM
The BSU post has also thrown me for a loop. I just thought my head was spinning before.

Ok I looked for this post, which post is it? Can someone share please? I am not able to sleuth alot because of my work schedule but I do check threads daily!

TIA!

Emma Peel
10-27-2009, 12:59 AM
Oops, I'm so sorry I missed that! Yeah, this is logged in like 24/7 even if I'm not in the state lol. Sorry, I wasn't sure if it was you or... well, ya know?

*gasp* them's fightin' words, spammie!!! :croc:

spamelope
10-27-2009, 01:01 AM
Yes!!!!!!!!!! I got the idea that some script writer was there, and key words like "We're coming for you" and "It's not okay" are about to get copyrighted! I still don't think she did anything to Somer but it is sure is odd. I think she has a good idea who did do this.

Blue_Dolphin308
10-27-2009, 01:01 AM
There are two users names BSU One joined on the 25th of october, and one joined January 15th 2009

doggies
10-27-2009, 01:02 AM
Ladybass0711 this is the post. I took it from a quote on page 14, I believe it was.

Hint
Quote:
Good morning,
The vast majority on here are looking in the wrong direction. Pay particular attention to body language/discourse analysis in the interviews on the day of this crime, and on days immediately after.
Add this to information gleaned from the police report, google maps and police procedure and you will know who murdered this child.

Thank you.

Kewpiedoll
10-27-2009, 01:03 AM

In a sense Shutter maybe parts are scripted to her from LE or she has been instructed by LE what NOT to say and be careful. They did that edit on the one clip so I'm sure they are telling her to remain MUM with them. IDK

I do sense she is more than grateful to have a community surrounding her with worst days of her life. I don't know if I would crawl in bed and want to die myself or face the situation. Just too much for me to go there.

Also-- Im not sure if she is medicated or not?? I'm sure that could effect her behavior?? IDK

ETA: also LE originally made the comment when they located Somer's legs sticking out of the trash they were coming after him. DT could be following that same mantra.

txsvicki
10-27-2009, 01:04 AM
I don't understand why anyone, after having a child abducted and murdered would draw any attention at all to another child on television. Maybe this mom is just a little on the dramatic side, but I thought it was odd that she mentioned planning some sort of missing kids work right after Somer's body was found. I read that on WS and didn't see or hear her say that, so I hope I'm not mistaken. Personally, I'd suspect the live in boyfriend more than the mom since he came home and went looking for Somer alone. But then, John Walsh believes a child killer did this and there's no proof or reason so far to suspect any of the family.

capoly
10-27-2009, 01:06 AM

One of those arrested has the same last name as DT's sister. Perhaps a relative?? and the arrest took place that evening at DT's residence with the 'mistake' being the listing of DT's address as the place of crime.

Just a thought.......nothing to back it.

spamelope
10-27-2009, 01:07 AM
I think that is in the same video I posted.

Thank you, Harlyesnana!

NSC
10-27-2009, 01:10 AM
One of those arrested has the same last name as DT's sister. Perhaps a relative?? and the arrest took place that evening at DT's residence with the 'mistake' being the listing of DT's address as the place of crime.

Does anyone have the list handy?? I am too tired to dig for it. Gonna have to turn in soon. Gosh, I hope there is a break and soon--- I get so obsessed I can't pull myself off the computer. I literally sit here and fold laundry and sleuth..:banghead:

PattiAnn
10-27-2009, 01:10 AM

I do remember her saying that.

OK, Here's what made my ears perk up

DT addressed this statement to the "perp" during one of her first News conferences, it was something like "it doesn't matter if you've never been in trouble before", then she made a point of repeating the same thing during the next News conference.

I thought it was odd that she was thinking & speaking about the perps criminal history -- during the earliest hours of this investigation.

IMO

WillenFan21
10-27-2009, 01:13 AM
Since we are on the topic Diena again I am going to repeat what I said in the last thread. There was an interview with her where they asked her what message she had for Somer's killer. She replies "We're going to get you." and then smiled this really evil smile. IDK but I was creeped out by the way she smiled.

NSC
10-27-2009, 01:14 AM
Alright, I can't take it anymore - turning it. I will read from my phone but won't be able to sleuth. Good night to all - this has been one of the most pleasant threads to post on :)

doggies
10-27-2009, 01:15 AM

So this could lead into "...it could be my..." nephew, perhaps?
OK. I've got to leave it with you all. We have to go back to Houston tomorrow, and will be gone almost all day.
Thanks so much for the information, the sharing and the caring.

NSC
10-27-2009, 01:15 AM
Since we are on the topic Diena again I am going to repeat what I said in the last thread. There was an interview with her where they asked her what message she had for Somer's killer. She replies "We're going to get you." and then smiled this really evil smile. IDK but I was creeped out by the way she smiled.

I see your point. But I could see that in a crazy wild person - like a smile - just me though - I could see it.

harleysnana
10-27-2009, 01:16 AM
Does anyone have the list handy?? I am too tired to dig for it. Gonna have to turn in soon. Gosh, I hope there is a break and soon--- I get so obsessed I can't pull myself off the computer. I literally sit here and fold laundry and sleuth..:banghead:

Well... at least your folding laundry ;)

spamelope
10-27-2009, 01:16 AM
I don't understand why anyone, after having a child abducted and murdered would draw any attention at all to another child on television. Maybe this mom is just a little on the dramatic side, but I thought it was odd that she mentioned planning some sort of missing kids work right after Somer's body was found. I read that on WS and didn't see or hear her say that, so I hope I'm not mistaken. Personally, I'd suspect the live in boyfriend more than the mom since he came home and went looking for Somer alone. But then, John Walsh believes a child killer did this and there's no proof or reason so far to suspect any of the family.

They did start a program called M.A.P.S. and they already have t-shirts etc. I don't think the bf, being at work until 4:30 could possibly be involved. And when he did get home, he took ST with him. By then the area was teeming with LE. I have a lot of respect for John Walsh, but he was 15 years off on the dates of those other abductions. I kinda took that with a grain of salt.

doggies
10-27-2009, 01:18 AM
Or anyone, related or not. I am NOT NOT NOT trying to start anything.
Weren't they all pretty young?
Good night.

mistivon
10-27-2009, 01:19 AM
OK I'll admit, I've had to get some work done today, so have only read about every other page. Sorry if this has been discussed and dismissed.
Any idea on a history of behavior on the older brother?
Do you think she could be covering for him....hence the changing words, the indirect threats...maybe like she wants him to get caught but doesn't want to be the one to give him up.
Am I crazy, lol

doggies
10-27-2009, 01:20 AM
They did start a program called M.A.P.S. and they already have t-shirts etc. I don't think the bf, being at work until 4:30 could possibly be involved. And when he did get home, he took ST with him. By then the area was teeming with LE. I have a lot of respect for John Walsh, but he was 15 years off on the dates of those other abductions. I kinda took that with a grain of salt.
Oh, Lord, one last thing I've been meaning to say since yesterday. All of the intial calls were made to/from cell phones, IIRC. So anyone could have been anywhere. Right?

Kewpiedoll
10-27-2009, 01:21 AM

Since LE is not leaking info or sharing any info maybe behind the scenes they are feeding JWalsh the 'real' info but throwing the everyone else off, so the real perp can get real comfy.

human
10-27-2009, 01:23 AM
I want to go back to the neighbor's comment about the trash. Like the other posters, I found that incredibly odd. When did she say it in the course of events? And didn't she say something about the family knowing more or "You'd be surprised". Something like that? Also, at the burned house-the trash. Where I live they do not allow you to have household garbage in construction dumpsters. So was there a trash can there for the construction workers garbage such as pop cans, banana peels, etc? If the burned house is a crime scene and not the murder scene, what kind of crime scene could it be? Also, did they go back to work there after Somer was missing? When was the house made a crime scene? Also, I read somewhere that the contractors said that people would get in there because they would find beer cans or whatever. But how could someone get in the house now? Wouldn't it be all locked up? I think the roofer idea is one to explore as well as roofing is not a desirable job here. I imagine in the heat of Florida, it isn't a great job either so people with less than stellar histories are hired. The missing friend SP is strange, I feel since really nothing has been said about him. But there certainly is a small window of opportunity for he would know the other children would be coming home very quickly. It is curious that Mom and sitter had 2 totally different stories of Somer's disappearing behavior. I can see the sibs telling SP that Somer does this all of the time. Really, there is no way that the family could have known of Somer's running ahead so that could not have been foreseen. But when things don't make sense, there is a reason for it, and some things are really weird with all of this.

txsvicki
10-27-2009, 01:24 AM

Sorry, I must have read wrong many pages back and thought the boyfriend went alone. I guess I was thinking that he possibly could have found Somer and gotten angry since she'd wandered off before and didn't go home with the rest of the kids.

spamelope
OK I'll admit, I've had to get some work done today, so have only read about every other page. Sorry if this has been discussed and dismissed.
Do you think she could be covering for him....hence the changing words, the indirect threats...maybe like she wants him to get caught but doesn't want to be the one to give him up.
Am I crazy, lol

It's possible, anything is at this point. Just imagine what a horrible place that would be to be in.

MommaD
Has anyone else seen this wlk the rso with the debbie woman?? I was just looking at the memory video and towards the end it shows them together..

Kewpiedoll
10-27-2009, 01:25 AM
Am I crazy, lol

I think a lot of us think of the worst after so many child murder cases.
Caylee, Haleigh, Neveah, Trenton, Jessica, Madeline, I know there is more....

Angleena
10-27-2009, 01:26 AM

I thought it was a little odd too that she spoke about her son the way she did. To me that is just sharing a child's personal grief and really isn't something that should be shared with anyone else.

But who is to say why she has said the things she has said. This is a mother who has a slew of emotions running through her. At the same time she has been thrown in front of the cameras. I can see that this mom may be a little on the dramatic side just by the way she swings her arms around (and I thought the whole curly ribbons in her was more the actions of someone that wanted to draw attention to themselves).

So think about it. Her emotions are probably going from totally grief stricken to complete rage and back and forth. At the same time she is being given a crap load of attention which can cause feelings of elation. Then there is the overwhelming support of the community which can cause deep feelings of gratitude. At some level she has to be feeling some paranoia about her neighbors/friends and people around her. She has already stated she has feelings of guilt and can't remember if she told Somer she loved her (which is a common thought people have when they lose someone). Then she has to be a little bit nervous getting in front of the cameras, especially knowing that her child's killer may very well be watching her.

Under this situation, I would probably have a hard time finding the right words. I would be wanting to say what I feel but at the same time (since I'm in the spotlight), I would want to be politically correct. She did say, she didn't know what she could say on camera. But there is one thing for certain, I would not have a problem letting the killer of my child know I was extremely angry and confidant that he/she would be caught.