PDA

View Full Version : **Guilty**Mass Shooting at Ft. Hood 11-5-09; Hasan Nidal to represent himself #2

Salem
11-07-2009, 12:47 PM
Please continue here.

Thread 1

Prayers to all the servicemembers and their families.

Salem

Texas Mist
11-07-2009, 01:59 PM
<snip>

Osman Danquah, the co-founder of the Islamic Community of Greater Killeen said he had a bad feeling about Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan after the two talked twice in late summer, according to the Associated Press.

more here

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/blotter/entries/2009/11/07/ap_muslim_leader_said_he_had_a.html

<snip>
Police officer credited with halting rampage called lifesaver - again

Pinned to the ground with a man choking him and grabbing for his handgun, police officer Shaun Appler caught out of the corner of his eye a small figure leaping through the air to free him.

From that day on, Appler called Kimberly Munley "Mighty Mouse." Now a civilian police officer at Fort Hood, she is credited with stopping a rampage shooting at the Army post Thursday, in which 13 people were killed.

"She saved my life that night," said Appler, a former partner of Munley's with the Wrightsville Beach, N.C., Police Department

more here

http://www.statesman.com/news/content/news/stories/local/2009/11/07/1107hoodofficer.html

<snip>
Muslims at Friday service have moment of silence, voice their horror.

He said his first reaction to the news of shootings was "angry embarrassment," and his concerns echoed those of others in the Central Texas Muslim community, who arrived at services in a somber mood.

"I hope people don't make themselves believe that religion has anything to do with what happened," Kamal said.

more here

http://www.statesman.com/news/content/news/stories/local/2009/11/07/1107hoodislam.html

<snip>

Fort Hood suspect went to DC security conferences

WASHINGTON (AP) — The suspected Fort Hood shooter has participated in homeland security conferences since 2008 at George Washington University while based in the Washington area.

Cilluffo says he remembers Hasan wore Army fatigues to conferences, which seemed odd at the time. Cilluffo says he remembers cutting Hasan off once for rambling, though he doesn’t remember the subject.

more here

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/blotter/entries/2009/11/06/fort_hood_suspect_went_to_dc_s.html

SuziQ
11-07-2009, 02:20 PM
Oh good lord, the media and talking heads are now trying to tell us that PTSD is contageous? PTSD had nothing to do with this!!!

fran
11-07-2009, 03:13 PM
http://cbs11tv.com/wireapnewstx/White.House.Obama.2.1298424.html

White House: Obama To Attend Memorial Service Tuesday At Fort Hood

fran
11-07-2009, 03:15 PM
http://cbs11tv.com/wireapnewstx/George.W.Bush.2.1298076.html

George W. Bush Visits Fort Hood, Wounded Soldiers

Former President George W. Bush and his wife, Laura, visited wounded soldiers and their families near the site of the worst mass shooting on an Army post in the United States.

The Bushes made their private visit to Fort Hood's Darnall Army Medical Center on Friday night

MeoW333
11-07-2009, 04:14 PM
:furious:When they made the death toll of 13, did they include the pregnant woman mentioned at the end of the previous thread and her unborn as 2 people? They should if they didn't do so!
Hasan needs the worst death penalty that can be thought of!:furious:

My prayers to all those soldiers and their families!

Texas Mist
11-07-2009, 04:32 PM
<snip>

Maj. Libardo Eduardo Caraveo, 52, of Woodbridge, Va., was a licensed clinical psychologist and was part of the Army Reserves 467th Combat Stress Control Detachment out of Madison, Wis, the New York Times said.

more here

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/blotter/entries/2009/11/07/another_fallen_soldier_identif.html

ETA: New info on Maj. Caraveo

Major L. Eduardo Caraveo, 52, arrived in the United States in his teens from Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, knowing very little English said his son, also named Eduardo Caraveo.

He earned his doctorate in psychology from the University of Arizona and worked with bilingual special-needs students at Tucson-area schools before entering private practice.

more here

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/blotter/entries/2009/11/07/new_info_on_fort_hood_shooting.html

PeteyGirl
11-07-2009, 04:52 PM
<snip>
Muslims at Friday service have moment of silence, voice their horror.

He said his first reaction to the news of shootings was "angry embarrassment," and his concerns echoed those of others in the Central Texas Muslim community, who arrived at services in a somber mood.

"I hope people don't make themselves believe that religion has anything to do with what happened," Kamal said.

more here

http://www.statesman.com/news/conten...hoodislam.html

But it has EVERYTHING to do with what happened.

How many terrorist crimes have occurred or been foiled in the last YEAR, all committed in the name of Islam?

You can't, with integrity, turn your back on your fellow Islamics who perpetrate terror and say "they are not US". They ARE YOU. Take responsibility for your OWN!! DO SOMETHING about them. Don't just make pathetic, victimy statements to the press. Don't just separate yourselves from them, it's absurd. Every three year old can connect the dang dots!!

SunnieRN
11-07-2009, 05:04 PM
In my humble opinion, those who wish to pay the shooter any measure of sympathy or absolution due to his religious preferences are in turn disparaging the memory of the fallen soldiers, civilian, injured servicemen, mp's, medical personnel and those returning from war that are truly suffering from PTSD.

When is the journalism industry going to realize that America wants the truth, not sensationalized reports that cloud the truth and alter the publics beliefs of the clarity of the situation?

Integrity, especially is the case of victims, needs to be the forefront of any articles. The soldiers of the United State Army, sacrifice for their country and their families well being every day they are in the service to our country. They in no way deserve to be compared to this heinous mad man/terrorist.

How can a person who was perfectly willing to join an organization set up to defend the US interests, decide to turn against that organization, when his "comfort zone" is threatened? He had NO problem accepting an education, food, housing, pay, medical benefits etc. He is trained in the art of psychiatry for Gods sake. He had resources available to him that many soldiers are unable to attain. He had tools at his disposal that could have attained his goals of not deploying to a war zone, as he was obviously willing to commit such an insane act. All he had to do was go into command and tell them of his plan to kill his fellow soldiers, that he had weaponry to carry out the mission and he had given away all of his personal belongings.

I hope that someone in government is willing to stand up and come forward with a clear and precise account of what this truly was. An act of terrorism against our soldiers and the USAn

Peachy
11-07-2009, 05:20 PM
In my humble opinion, those who wish to pay the shooter any measure of sympathy or absolution due to his religious preferences are in turn disparaging the memory of the fallen soldiers, civilian, injured servicemen, mp's, medical personnel and those returning from war that are truly suffering from PTSD.

When is the journalism industry going to realize that America wants the truth, not sensationalized reports that cloud the truth and alter the publics beliefs of the clarity of the situation?

Integrity, especially is the case of victims, needs to be the forefront of any articles. The soldiers of the United State Army, sacrifice for their country and their families well being every day they are in the service to our country. They in no way deserve to be compared to this heinous mad man/terrorist.

How can a person who was perfectly willing to join an organization set up to defend the US interests, decide to turn against that organization, when his "comfort zone" is threatened? He had NO problem accepting an education, food, housing, pay, medical benefits etc. He is trained in the art of psychiatry for Gods sake. He had resources available to him that many soldiers are unable to attain. He had tools at his disposal that could have attained his goals of not deploying to a war zone, as he was obviously willing to commit such an insane act. All he had to do was go into command and tell them of his plan to kill his fellow soldiers, that he had weaponry to carry out the mission and he had given away all of his personal belongings.

I hope that someone in government is willing to stand up and come forward with a clear and precise account of what this truly was. An act of terrorism against our soldiers and the USAn

I believe the only way to get the journalism industry to change is to reduce their revenue by canceling newspaper and magazine subscriptions and sending a letter telling them why, by changing the television channel and sending a letter telling them why, and by changing the radio station and sending a letter telling them why. When they are losing subscribers, viewers and listeners their bottom line is affected. Only then will they be concerned enough to change. JMHO, of course.

My prayers are with the soldiers and their loved ones. May the victims heal quickly, may those who died rest in peace and may their loved ones have the strength they need to get through this horrible time.

May the shooter... well, I better not say what I hope for him.

tdaj
11-07-2009, 05:31 PM
As humans we are all equal. No one is better or worse than the next.

Something everyone here at WS has apparently forgotten.

RIP to all of the fallen and injured individuals.

Peace on earth and goodwill be done to ALL people!

Texas Mist
11-07-2009, 05:43 PM
Everyone?

hockeymom
11-07-2009, 05:58 PM
I believe the only way to get the journalism industry to change is to reduce their revenue by canceling newspaper and magazine subscriptions and sending a letter telling them why, by changing the television channel and sending a letter telling them why, and by changing the radio station and sending a letter telling them why. When they are losing subscribers, viewers and listeners their bottom line is affected. Only then will they be concerned enough to change. JMHO, of course.

My prayers are with the soldiers and their loved ones. May the victims heal quickly, may those who died rest in peace and may their loved ones have the strength they need to get through this horrible time.

May the shooter... well, I better not say what I hope for him.

Most of these very "PC" newspapers are going out of business,part of it due to the internet,but part of it due to the fact that they produce crappy newspapers! Same goes with news programs. They need to check the ratings and see whose on top. There's a reason!!

krazykidz
11-07-2009, 06:18 PM
fox refers to majority media as "lamestream media"...gotta love it

Texas Mist
11-07-2009, 06:31 PM
<snip>

After Fort Hood And Orlando Rampages, Expert Discusses Causes, Warning Signs Would-Be Gunmen Give Off, And How to React

The nation is reeling from two mass shootings in as many days, leading many to wonder, yet again, what could drive people to such acts of mass violence. Are there warning signs -- red flags -- that can signal trouble may be brewing? And if you notice them in someone you know, what should you do about it?

Dr. Alan Lipman, a clinical psychologist and director of the Center for the Study of Violence<.link>, in Washington., D.C., says there are three types of people who go over the edge like that: the person is psychotic and has lost touch with reality, the person is depressed and feeling hopeless, or the person is a psychopath and enjoys killing. "It's always going to be one of these three," he told CBS News.

Lipman says people don't always just "snap" -- it's "not always so quick. "First of all," he explains, "there's a period of buildup, then there's more anger and hopelessness, and then, finally, there is the trigger -- something that causes them to go from just an angry person to being a killer. When Major Hasan (a devout Muslin), discovered he was being deployed to the Middle East -- that may have been was his trigger." Rodriguez complained to a reporter that the engineering firm had left him "to rot."

more here

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/11/07/earlyshow/saturday/main5563817.shtml

krazykidz
11-07-2009, 06:50 PM
hi iridized,

there are many horrors around the world at the present time, but the propaganda machine is our wonderful free country has even distorted history with incorrect school text books as just one example i can think of. course, that's in addition to distortions from the lamestream media and their pc attitudes that put patriotic americans at the bottom of the heap

we don't hear much either about the 7 million plus people that stalin killed in the 1930s (including his public declaration of his intent to "liquidate" certain ethnic groups because he deemed their class and education level too high) his carried out his intent

we don't hear much (if anything) about the islamic fundamentalist turks who murdered over one million five hundred thousand christian armenians in the early 1900s!!!!!! these turks declared the armenians infidels...that sounds familiar...and HITLER took great note that the world at large did nothing. this he took as permission to carry out his liquidation of the jews.

i would wager that most average americans on the street do not know that stalin murdered more people than hitler...or that so many christians were murdered for their religion in the very recent past!!!!

heads up, everybody!!!!!!!

Texas Mist
11-07-2009, 06:56 PM
<snip>

The following 13 people died in the Nov. 5 shooting at Fort Hood.

Lt. Col. Juanita L. Warman, 55, of Havre De Grace, Md. She was assigned to the 1908th Medical Company, Independence, Mo.

Maj. Libardo Caraveo, 52, of Woodbridge, Va. He was assigned to the 467th Medical Detachment, Madison, Wis.

Capt. John P. Gaffaney, 54, of San Diego, Calif. He was assigned to the 1908th Medical Company, Independence, Mo.

Capt. Russell Seager, 41, of Racine, Wis. He was assigned to the 467th Medical Company, Madison, Wis.

Staff Sgt. Justin Decrow, 32, of Plymouth, Ind. He was assigned to the 16th Signal Company, Fort Hood, Texas.

Sgt. Amy Krueger, 29, of Kiel, Wis. She was assigned to the 467th Medical Company, Madison, Wis.

Spc. Jason Hunt, 22, of Tillman, Okla. He was assigned to the 1st Brigade, Fort Hood, Texas.

Spc. Frederick Greene, 29, of Mountain City, Tenn. He was assigned to the 16th Signal Company, Fort Hood, Texas.

Pfc. Aaron Nemelka, 19, of West Jordan, Utah. He was assigned to the 510th Engineer Company, 20th Engineer Battalion, Fort Hood, Texas.

Pfc. Michael Pearson, 22, of Bolinbrook, Ill. He was assigned to the 510th Engineer Company, 20th Engineer Battalion, Fort Hood, Texas.

Spc. Kham Xiong, 23, of St. Paul, Minn. He was assigned to the 510th Engineer Company, 20th Engineer Battalion, Fort Hood, Texas.

Pvt. Francheska Velez, 21, of Chicago, Ill. She was assigned to the 15th Combat Support Battalion, Fort Hood, Texas.

Mr. Michael Cahill of Cameron, Texas. He was a civilian employee on Fort Hood.

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/military/army/names+released+of+fort+hood+casualties

Prayers for their families & all our military men & women.

krazykidz
11-07-2009, 06:58 PM
gosh, if you listen to the media there is no such thing as an islamic fundamentalist terrorist these days. there are just disgruntled poor people who have been shat upon by the big bad us of a. baloney. we are considered infidels and there are many many active evil misdirected (an understatement if ever there was one) living breathing people with long range plans already well in motion for our liquidation. really

Woe.be.gone
11-07-2009, 07:03 PM

What? What's your point?

We are CREATED equal. We don't all behave equally as demonstrated by this shooter who decided to take decent people from their earthly lives which was not his decision to make. Don't compare all people to him as most of us would never do such a thing EVER. Most of us want to help other people to be happier, to live in harmony and to assist in their comfort. Most of us want to see life lived to old age and problems conquered by thinking and evolving toward better ideas, tolerance and education. Most of us are not contemplating how to infiltrate and take over other peoples' countries for purposes of harming them if unprovoked. When provoked, most of us want to protect what is ours - and have every right to do so.

What's your cause? What don't you understand about human nature? Do you think every action can be justified?

Explain where you are coming from please. We all have free will - most of us don't use it to intentionally harm others.

His soul will be judged. God does not judge equally. Some will be first and some will be last and some will burn in Hell.

Texas Mist
11-07-2009, 07:05 PM
<snip>

Seconds after Todd arrived on the scene, he said he saw a calm-looking Hasan, his gun drawn and his fingers pointing at people outside the Soldier Readiness Processing Center. Todd said he then saw Hasan shooting at soldiers as they attempted to flee.

"He was firing at people as they were trying to run and hide," Todd told The Associated Press Saturday.

That's when Todd, a retired soldier who now works as a civilian police officer at Ford Hood, said he shouted at Hasan to stop.

"I told him stop and drop your weapons, I identified myself as police and he turned and fired a couple of rounds at me. I didn't hear him say a word ... he just turned and fired."

Todd said he fired his Beretta at Hasan. Hasan flinched, Todd said, then slid down against a telephone pole and fell on his back. Todd says he then heard bystanders say "two more, two more."

At first he thought the soldiers meant there were two more suspects, but then he realized they were urging him to fire two more rounds at Hasan, thinking he was still posing a threat.

much more here

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_FORT_HOOD_SHOOTING_OFFICERS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

krazykidz
11-07-2009, 07:07 PM
education education education and tolerance for agreeing to disagree is what we need more of in this surreal pc distortion static time. too many agendas with the ruling elite

Woe.be.gone
11-07-2009, 07:12 PM
hi iridized,

there are many horrors around the world at the present time, but the propaganda machine is our wonderful free country has even distorted history with incorrect school text books as just one example i can think of. course, that's in addition to distortions from the lamestream media and their pc attitudes that put patriotic americans at the bottom of the heap

we don't hear much either about the 7 million plus people that stalin killed in the 1930s (including his public declaration of his intent to "liquidate" certain ethnic groups because he deemed their class and education level too high) his carried out his intent

we don't hear much (if anything) about the islamic fundamentalist turks who murdered over one million five hundred thousand christian armenians in the early 1900s!!!!!! these turks declared the armenians infidels...that sounds familiar...and HITLER took great note that the world at large did nothing. this he took as permission to carry out his liquidation of the jews.

i would wager that most average americans on the street do not know that stalin murdered more people than hitler...or that so many christians were murdered for their religion in the very recent past!!!!

Studying the history of China is interesting too.

Adding - some of the world did go up against Hitler - it was too late for many though. There are many horrifying things taking place around the world as I type - many in Africa - many Christian groups are aware and try to make a difference. Hollywood people with big bucks sometimes come forward to increase awareness and make small dents into some of the horrific problems that exist across the globe. Maybe I'm ethnocentric and unaware of all of what other countries are doing or how they contribute, but I know that the USA is on the forefront of giving and confronting some of these problems with the hope of freeing others. People need to be free, deserve to be free. Many live in fear at all times and hunger for their next meal. What does the Islam god say about that? Go kill them because they are not worshipping the same god? Just asking.

krazykidz
11-07-2009, 07:40 PM
ya, ironically many of the same people benefitting from the largesse of american generosity
scream about how we bully the little people. wha? our country gives more money to darfur and other needy peoples than any other country on the planet, yet we continue to be maligned. even worse, many of those critics are americans themselves. i wish more individuals would be willing to do personal research on history and wars and not just on the internet. there is a lot of misinformation.

crystalgenie
11-07-2009, 07:45 PM
gosh, if you listen to the media there is no such thing as an islamic fundamentalist terrorist these days. there are just disgruntled poor people who have been shat upon by the big bad us of a. baloney. we are considered infidels and there are many many active evil misdirected (an understatement if ever there was one) living breathing people with long range plans already well in motion for our liquidation. really

I would have to be watching MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, or some of CNN.

Peachy
11-07-2009, 08:38 PM

tdaj, I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you on this. We are NOT all equal. We are all CREATED equal. What people choose to do by their actions or behaviors is one thing that distinguishes a separation.

I think, especially on WS, we are all too painfully aware of how many people there are in this world who choose to commit horrible acts against other human beings. I would even venture to guess that not many of us here would equate ourselves to the murders, kidnappers, sexual offenders, etc. we read about all too often. To consider the shooter of our wonderful soldiers as my equal is incomprehensible to me. JMHO

Perhaps I'm misinterpreting what you are trying to say and if so, I do hope you will clarify it.

hockeymom
11-07-2009, 09:34 PM
Did anyone else just see the news conference from Fort Hood with the latest update? The lead investigater from CID spoke. Maybe I'm reading more into this than it is,but he was emphatic that there was only "one shooter",but something in the way he worded this led me to believe maybe there are others indirectly involved. Did anyone else catch this? Could be just my imagination.

Nova
11-07-2009, 09:42 PM
ya, ironically many of the same people benefitting from the largesse of american generosity
scream about how we bully the little people. wha? our country gives more money to darfur and other needy peoples than any other country on the planet, yet we continue to be maligned. even worse, many of those critics are americans themselves. i wish more individuals would be willing to do personal research on history and wars and not just on the internet. there is a lot of misinformation.

Since you quite admirably value research, I'm surprised to hear you repeat the myth that the U.S. gives more in foreign aid than other wealthy countries. In fact and per capita, we rank somewhere below Finland.

Woe.be.gone
11-08-2009, 12:08 AM
Since you quite admirably value research, I'm surprised to hear you repeat the myth that the U.S. gives more in foreign aid than other wealthy countries. In fact and per capita, we rank somewhere below Finland.

Thanks. This is interesting and caused me to do some quick research.

We must take into account Public Giving AND Private Giving.

Taking into account the wealth of the country per capita and basing the giving on Foreign Aid, investment, openness to immigration, responsible environmental practices, contributions to internationally approved security operations, support for technology development and openness to international trade, according to the 2008 International Monetary Fund, 2008 World Bank and CIA World Factbook -

Finland falls in place 9 to 12 for per capita wealth while the U.S. falls in place 13 to 17. So per capita Finland is wealthier than the U.S.

There are several countries listed that appear to be generous givers along with Finland but without extensive research, it's hard to ascertain how the rankings would fall, taking into account the wealth of country and the Private giving (15.5 billion annually) that is handed out along with the Public giving (60 billion annually). I couldn't readily find a breakdown for these general figures.

With that said - thank you Finland (who gets no tax incentive by the way) for your generous giving. I'm still not sure they, taking everything into account, are the biggest givers.

It seems to me, that here in the U.S., there are lots of very generous wealthy people (think Oprah, Gates, Bono*, Buffet) but I'm sure other countries have them as well. I'm most familiar with the U.S.

If it's a myth that the U.S. is number one, we are are up there near the top and we certainly are not shy when it comes to stepping up to help other countries during times of emergency.

*Bono is Irish; I was thinking Buffet

Nova
11-08-2009, 04:35 AM
I didn't say Finland was #1, and, anyway, it was only an example.

There are varied ways of calculating giving, but the U.S. doesn't rank at the top by any measure I've found (except perhaps in gross amount, but then we also have the highest GNP in the world, so having the highest gross doesn't say much).

And in the figures for 2007...

http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/tables/09s1257.pdf

...well over a third of the money went to two countries--Iraq and Afghanistan--that we "broke" in the first place. "Replacement costs" aren't really charitable giving.

Moreover, mere figures can't tell us how much of the remaining foreign aid was given with significant strings attached, such as two of the next largest gifts: to Egypt in return for maintaining peace with Israel and to Pakistan in return for at least pretending to oppose Al Qaeda. I'm not opposed to either donation, but neither is exactly altruistic.

The point is we Americans are way too quick to congratulate ourselves on our generosity. Yes, the Marshall Plan was a great idea and a great success. It was also more than a half-century ago.

STEADFAST
11-08-2009, 06:19 AM
Slide show with pictures and short bios of victims. http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/06/fort.hood.shootings.victims/

Woe.be.gone
11-08-2009, 11:39 AM
I didn't say Finland was #1, and, anyway, it was only an example.

There are varied ways of calculating giving, but the U.S. doesn't rank at the top by any measure I've found (except perhaps in gross amount, but then we also have the highest GNP in the world, so having the highest gross doesn't say much).

And in the figures for 2007...

http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/tables/09s1257.pdf

...well over a third of the money went to two countries--Iraq and Afghanistan--that we "broke" in the first place. "Replacement costs" aren't really charitable giving.

Moreover, mere figures can't tell us how much of the remaining foreign aid was given with significant strings attached, such as two of the next largest gifts: to Egypt in return for maintaining peace with Israel and to Pakistan in return for at least pretending to oppose Al Qaeda. I'm not opposed to either donation, but neither is exactly altruistic.

The point is we Americans are way too quick to congratulate ourselves on our generosity. Yes, the Marshall Plan was a great idea and a great success. It was also more than a half-century ago.

Actually I was curious due to your post to discover if I had a false belief swimming around in my head. It is complicated to sort out. I think we are a generous Nation. We are trying to help the people in Iraq and Afghanistan with infrastructure and economic improvements - that's all part of assisting their country towards democracy. Also, we are trying to protect Israel the way I understand things. I don't know all the answers but I don't think we are able to ignore the rest of the world and all the issues that plague people. Personally, sometimes I wish we could. Some countries are better at that than we are. Ignorance is bliss they say.

Hey, I didn't mean to offend you - you peaked my interest. If I could, I'd take you out to lunch so you'd see that I meant well. :truce:

Silk
11-08-2009, 11:53 AM
Did anyone else just see the news conference from Fort Hood with the latest update? The lead investigater from CID spoke. Maybe I'm reading more into this than it is,but he was emphatic that there was only "one shooter",but something in the way he worded this led me to believe maybe there are others indirectly involved. Did anyone else catch this? Could be just my imagination.

I did see the update you are talking about. The first thing I thought, also, when he mentioned that was there were others involved in some way.

I cannot post a link since I saw it in the many TV interviews, etc. and really haven't seen it again, but I saw one mentioning that Hasan rarely had visitors to his apartment but a dark-skinned man was seen going into his apartment during the night and only stayed a short period of time and left. I think it interesting that he borrowed neighbor's computer twice during night. Same interview.

I think while he may have been the one to execute it, others could very well have at least had prior knowledge of it at some point. When in published reports by his peers, he did not appear to agree with the advice he sought from a peer about going to Iraq and his faith, perhaps he did find someone to counsel him that he would be doing the right thing to avoid going there and he chose to handle it this way. JMO. He does not have to go and makes himself a martyr to his religion.

nursebeeme
11-08-2009, 12:03 PM
Slide show with pictures and short bios of victims. http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/06/fort.hood.shootings.victims/ how very sad to see what all we have lost in this tragedy.

krazykidz
11-08-2009, 12:11 PM
thanks to all for the deeper research a info on world aid!! i spoke too quickly in my frustration about antiamerican sentiment. i am no economist (i'm a talkative artist) and should not have made a generalized statement about a very complex issue. yikes, i don't know if the best economists can understand what really really is happening between all of the commitments made by world countries and the small percentage that actually reaches the starving, but we try! it is very tangled and i respectfully eat crow

fran
11-08-2009, 12:47 PM
I'm sure this is just a coincidence and there's nothing to it.

fran

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/6521758/Fort-Hood-shooting-Texas-army-killer-linked-to-September-11-terrorists.html

Fort Hood shooting: Texas army killer linked to September 11 terrorists

Major Nidal Malik Hasan worshipped at a mosque led by a radical imam said to be a "spiritual adviser" to three of the hijackers who attacked America on Sept 11, 2001.

Hasan, the sole suspect in the massacre of 13 fellow US soldiers in Texas, attended the controversial Dar al-Hijrah mosque in Great Falls, Virginia, in 2001 at the same time as two of the September 11 terrorists, The Sunday Telegraph has learnt. His mother's funeral was held there in May that year.

The preacher at the time was Anwar al-Awlaki, an American-born Yemeni scholar who was banned from addressing a meeting in London by video link in August because he is accused of supporting attacks on British troops and backing terrorist organisations.

Hasan's eyes "lit up" when he mentioned his deep respect for al-Awlaki's teachings, according to a fellow Muslim officer at the Fort Hood base in Texas, the scene of Thursday's horrific shooting spree.

As investigators look at Hasan's motives and mindset, his attendance at the mosque could be an important piece of the jigsaw. Al-Awlaki moved to Dar al-Hijrah as imam in January, 2001, from the west coast, and three months later the September 11 hijackers Nawaf al-Hamzi and Hani Hanjour began attending his services. A third hijacker attended his services in California.

Hasan was praying at Dar al-Hijrah at about the same time, and the FBI will now want to investigate whether he met the two terrorists.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>

hockeymom
11-08-2009, 12:58 PM
I did see the update you are talking about. The first thing I thought, also, when he mentioned that was there were others involved in some way.

I cannot post a link since I saw it in the many TV interviews, etc. and really haven't seen it again, but I saw one mentioning that Hasan rarely had visitors to his apartment but a dark-skinned man was seen going into his apartment during the night and only stayed a short period of time and left. I think it interesting that he borrowed neighbor's computer twice during night. Same interview.

I think while he may have been the one to execute it, others could very well have at least had prior knowledge of it at some point. When in published reports by his peers, he did not appear to agree with the advice he sought from a peer about going to Iraq and his faith, perhaps he did find someone to counsel him that he would be doing the right thing to avoid going there and he chose to handle it this way. JMO. He does not have to go and makes himself a martyr to his religion.

Again,I notice Hasan is mentioned as the lone "shooter", with the emphasis on shooter,but inflection iin the spokes persons voice indicated to me,they are investigating others.(he might even had said that).
This probably has no significance,but if Hasan was making 6 figures,why was he living in what appears to be a nothing special apartment. Where was all his money going?

oceanblueeyes
11-08-2009, 01:15 PM
Again,I notice Hasan is mentioned as the lone "shooter", with the emphasis on shooter,but inflection iin the spokes persons voice indicated to me,they are investigating others.(he might even had said that).
This probably has no significance,but if Hasan was making 6 figures,why was he living in what appears to be a nothing special apartment. Where was all his money going?

THAT is an outstanding question.

Yes, where was all of his money going?

imo

SuziQ
11-08-2009, 01:18 PM
I've wondered if he had any connection to the group recently rounded up in Michigan and the death of the leader was a catalyst in this at all. I'd have to think that having radical views would draw someone to communicate and associate with others that think the same way you do.

Feds: Islamic Radical Killed in Mich. Raid
http://news.aol.com/article/feds-islamic-radical-luqman-ameen/742061

MeoW333
11-08-2009, 01:27 PM
I'm sure this is just a coincidence and there's nothing to it.

fran

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/6521758/Fort-Hood-shooting-Texas-army-killer-linked-to-September-11-terrorists.html

Fort Hood shooting: Texas army killer linked to September 11 terrorists

Major Nidal Malik Hasan worshipped at a mosque led by a radical imam said to be a "spiritual adviser" to three of the hijackers who attacked America on Sept 11, 2001.

Hasan, the sole suspect in the massacre of 13 fellow US soldiers in Texas, attended the controversial Dar al-Hijrah mosque in Great Falls, Virginia, in 2001 at the same time as two of the September 11 terrorists, The Sunday Telegraph has learnt. His mother's funeral was held there in May that year.

The preacher at the time was Anwar al-Awlaki, an American-born Yemeni scholar who was banned from addressing a meeting in London by video link in August because he is accused of supporting attacks on British troops and backing terrorist organisations.

Hasan's eyes "lit up" when he mentioned his deep respect for al-Awlaki's teachings, according to a fellow Muslim officer at the Fort Hood base in Texas, the scene of Thursday's horrific shooting spree.

As investigators look at Hasan's motives and mindset, his attendance at the mosque could be an important piece of the jigsaw. Al-Awlaki moved to Dar al-Hijrah as imam in January, 2001, from the west coast, and three months later the September 11 hijackers Nawaf al-Hamzi and Hani Hanjour began attending his services. A third hijacker attended his services in California.

Hasan was praying at Dar al-Hijrah at about the same time, and the FBI will now want to investigate whether he met the two terrorists.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>

They should have caught this!!!
What is Hasan's shooting was a "test" to see the reaction, same with his spewing all the extreme rhetic out of his mouth to our military?
I knew they would find him associated with terrists muslim groups!
Sent him to Guatamo Bay!
They'll probably find a lot more associations that they won't mention to us.
This is scary, how many others are mascarading (spelled?) as citizens or soldiers, god knows what and are really terrorists?

MeoW333
11-08-2009, 01:30 PM
hi iridized,

More Native Americans were killed than Jews by Hitler taking America.

History repeats itself, what else is new..

MeoW333
11-08-2009, 01:38 PM

No doubt he was probably most likely funding terrorist causes and i hope LE checks it out, as a lot of these "causes" go under different names.

Woe.be.gone
11-08-2009, 02:13 PM
More Native Americans were killed than Jews by Hitler taking America.

History repeats itself, what else is new..

The statistics aren't that important to me, killing is killing, but I do remember learning in grade school about the Indians and the Settlers and the fights and then Wars that followed after the various groups of Europeans came to America. Same issues - the fight for territory and land and basically invading the lives of the Indians; the white man taking over as he saw fit. Of course, it always sounded to me as if the Indians were the bad guys. Now I understand that that's not true. Then, of course, there was the Boston Tea Party and later, the Civil War.

All I can say to the above is, WE MUST EVOLVE. That said, the fighting/war that is face-to-face, hand-to-hand is DECLARED War. Whereas Hitler and his followers rounded people up and gassed them. Most of the people didn't stand a chance. So, it's somewhat different imo.

That is what the shooter did to the victims at Fort Hood. He did not declare war; he just started firing when they least expected it.

Woe.be.gone
11-08-2009, 02:31 PM
I hate to sound scary, but I have known all along (just within my heart of hearts) that "they" are not done with us here in America. "They" hate us and are patient and want to surprise us from time-to-time to let us know "they" are still around. Then as soon as "they" figure out how to do it and can get by our intelligence and systems "they" will drop upon our heads a huge disaster and "they" will sit back and enjoy the damage "they" caused for no other reason than to hurt us and to see us suffer.

We don't like to think about these things and we don't want to allow them to paralyze us/our activities/our lives. That is why our Government has to remain vigilant in keeping abreast of the climate of terrorism and spend big bucks for surveillance systems, manpower and whatever it takes to keep our Nation safe. Our Government cannot be open about these things as it would defeat the purpose of protecting us as best as humanly possible. I surrender that the rest is up to the Heavens - I pray my God for protection.

sniperacer
11-08-2009, 03:43 PM

Here is what I believe is going on. The two 9mm guns and extra clips that Hasan had were capable of holding 20 rounds each. The CID is "doing the math" on the gunshots from Hasan and it comes up short - meaning some of the shootings may be the result of friendly fire / misses. Not sure anyone wants this sad fact out. It seems the story about the police officer who took Hasan down has changed from a "she" to a "he"? More to come .......

krazykidz
11-08-2009, 03:59 PM
yes, sadly, since the beginning of mankind warfare has existed. bah. i am an optimist, but a realist in my older age after trying to be a hardcore idealist in the 70s. it is a fact that there are those in the world who will take advantage of others whether in their own country or another. i hate bs and pc dogpooh and would be a horrible politician. i suck at poker...but i will not allow myself to become a cynic. there is always a way to figure things out. we have to listen to each other and try to know each other and celebrate our different cultures, ya know? not trying to sound hippy granola, either. politics seem to complicate things so much more than necessary. gosh, could we try to keep it simple? jeez. i could go on. my dad is a doc and i grew up with poor folks from the country staying in our home when family members needed care and getting chickens and farm stuff for trade. sigh. that was in a teaching hospital, too. ah, well.

we can all do our part to make things a little better and the great minds and hearts on this site make a HUGE contribution to the betterment of our society. it does my heart good. people disagree like intelligent thoughtful grownups. thank you all.

i too (obviously) don't like to deal too much with statistics and/or who's "better" than anyone/any country than another. i don't think so. i learn from every new person i come in contact with and am grateful for that. hopefully, my 4 kids will contribute to the betterment of the world as will yours and all future generations. we teach our kids to give and do for others with no expectation of a return favor. can't stand the tit for tat me me me world of some. i carry little packages of ready to eat nonperishable foods in my car to give the homeless by the highways (instead of money that might be used for something nonnutritious). i grew my oldest 2 kids and then we did one international adoption and one mixed race domestic adoption cause if you think you can you should. and, er, i do go on, but i like people and i love my country and i appreciate our troops!!!

krazykidz
11-08-2009, 04:08 PM
oh, and i think every little bit we can do to get to know those different than us is a plus. i think it's kinda like tailgaters on the highway. they are so hostile and sometimes dangerous, but i had a tailgater on my butt (and i'm not a slow driver) once who recognized me! he was a dad from one of the kids' schools. ha! but....he backed off. so simple, but so true. if we knew each other better...if only...but it's just a piece of the solution to the huge and worsening problems in the world. as an artist on facebook, i have become friends with many kids from all over the world. this has enabled me to gain trust from a few muslim kids in the middle east who had sympathetic views toward terrorists. we have exchanged ideas and i know i have made a dent in their thinking. one kid said he hated america and wouldn't care if americans died. when i asked him if he wanted me dead, he said no. hmmm. ok, sorry, i'm off my soapbox

Woe.be.gone
11-08-2009, 06:13 PM
Here is what I believe is going on. The two 9mm guns and extra clips that Hasan had were capable of holding 20 rounds each. The CID is "doing the math" on the gunshots from Hasan and it comes up short - meaning some of the shootings may be the result of friendly fire / misses. Not sure anyone wants this sad fact out. It seems the story about the police officer who took Hasan down has changed from a "she" to a "he"? More to come .......

If it happened that someone got hit by a defense bullet it certainly was not meant to be that way - the whole blame still goes back to him.

I noticed that too - about the responding person first being reported to be a female and now is being reported to be a male. Doesn't really matter to me as they both bravely did the best that they could with what they were up against.

Woe.be.gone
11-08-2009, 06:26 PM
yes, sadly, since the beginning of mankind warfare has existed. bah. i am an optimist, but a realist in my older age after trying to be a hardcore idealist in the 70s. it is a fact that there are those in the world who will take advantage of others whether in their own country or another. i hate bs and pc dogpooh and would be a horrible politician. i suck at poker...but i will not allow myself to become a cynic. there is always a way to figure things out. we have to listen to each other and try to know each other and celebrate our different cultures, ya know? not trying to sound hippy granola, either. politics seem to complicate things so much more than necessary. gosh, could we try to keep it simple? jeez. i could go on. my dad is a doc and i grew up with poor folks from the country staying in our home when family members needed care and getting chickens and farm stuff for trade. sigh. that was in a teaching hospital, too. ah, well.

we can all do our part to make things a little better and the great minds and hearts on this site make a HUGE contribution to the betterment of our society. it does my heart good. people disagree like intelligent thoughtful grownups. thank you all.

i too (obviously) don't like to deal too much with statistics and/or who's "better" than anyone/any country than another. i don't think so. i learn from every new person i come in contact with and am grateful for that. hopefully, my 4 kids will contribute to the betterment of the world as will yours and all future generations. we teach our kids to give and do for others with no expectation of a return favor. can't stand the tit for tat me me me world of some. i carry little packages of ready to eat nonperishable foods in my car to give the homeless by the highways (instead of money that might be used for something nonnutritious). i grew my oldest 2 kids and then we did one international adoption and one mixed race domestic adoption cause if you think you can you should. and, er, i do go on, but i like people and i love my country and i appreciate our troops!!!

We need to figure out a way to clone you! God bless you. (I know you're not looking for praise.)

Each kindness helps. I always ask myself "does this (whatever) build up or tear down?"

I do feel protective of my country because I know, having lived in several (which I thoroughly embraced as much as I could), mine is good. I get tired of hearing others' knock us and say we're not good. Every country has pluses and minuses, but if you're going to pick one to live in, it could be alot worse especially if you start at the bottom. Everything is relative of course. When poverty is so aweful, I don't know why people even want to populate - imo. It puzzles me.

Texas Mist
11-08-2009, 07:02 PM
:shocked2: if this is true!! People heard him say these things -- and then what?? Did nothing?? Reported it -- what??!!!

<snip>

FORT HOOD, Texas, Nov. 8 (UPI) -- U.S. Army Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, accused of slaying 13 people at Fort Hood, once said that infidels should be killed, The Daily Telegraph reported Sunday.

Unnamed doctors who attended a lecture at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, where Hasan worked as a psychiatrist for six years before arriving at Fort Hood this year, told the newspaper that he called for non-believers to be beheaded and have boiling oil poured down their throats.

more here

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2009/11/08/Report-Hasan-called-for-infidels-deaths/UPI-59231257718595/

Woe.be.gone
11-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Yikes!

60 Minutes has a story on now about computer hacking by a foreign country into our Government systems at the highest levels - a form of terrorism.

tiredblondy
11-08-2009, 11:54 PM
We will never know the truth.

mysteriew
11-09-2009, 01:01 AM
I refuse. I refuse to speak his name or to call him a terrorist. Yes, he took terroristic actions, but I think he was more of a terrorist whannabe. I don't credit him with the term terrorist because I don't think that killed for his religion or his ideals. And because I won't give him that much 'credit.' I just call him a murderer. I think he killed because he didn't like his life, he wanted out and he wanted someone to look at him as being brave and to give him 'glory', and I don't think he was brave or glorious. Somehow I suspect that other Islamists don't either. Some will regret what he did. And even the more extremist will laugh at him, that he couldn't even attain 'glory' because he lived.

If he had been a 'terrorist' he would have gone for training, he would have gone to join the people he identified with he would have wanted to be there to protect them. Or he would have gone AWOL and moved there to practice his profession. Instead he fought going there, and when that failed, he set out to punish the ones that he saw as victimizing him.

I don't see him as any more of a terrorist than the other criminals that we see here. Think Columbine and other school shootings. Think workplace shootings. He was unhappy with his life and he decided to punish. That's what it reminds me of. He was a coward though. He wouldn't go to battle, instead he chose a group that he knew were unarmed and unable to retaliate against him. Just like the other criminals we have seen.

I am tickled that he didn't die from his injuries. Instead he will brought up before a jury of his betters, he will suffer the humiliation of facing his mother and seeing his actions and his future in her eyes. He will suffer the humiliation of prison and confinement. And he will live knowing that every day he is one more day closer to the death penalty.

I don't hold Islamists responsible for what he did. But I do hold any of them who discussed this with him or who heard him talking about this responsible. Or if they had preached this in temple. And I hope they do a very careful investigation of the mosque that he belonged to. It is a mighty coincidence that he attended the same mosque that the 9/11 killers used. There placement there was carefully considered, and now there was another one.

Woe.be.gone
11-09-2009, 02:08 AM
Just for the record, I heard on the news that both his mother and father are dead.
He better never escape or be among others as he will always remain a threat.

scandi
11-09-2009, 02:51 AM
tdaj, I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you on this. We are NOT all equal. We are all CREATED equal. What people choose to do by their actions or behaviors is one thing that distinguishes a separation.

I think, especially on WS, we are all too painfully aware of how many people there are in this world who choose to commit horrible acts against other human beings. I would even venture to guess that not many of us here would equate ourselves to the murders, kidnappers, sexual offenders, etc. we read about all too often. To consider the shooter of our wonderful soldiers as my equal is incomprehensible to me. JMHO

Perhaps I'm misinterpreting what you are trying to say and if so, I do hope you will clarify it.

Hi Peachy, He had become a Moslem a while back, not a new change for him, but there was a change in how he saw Moslems as people of his ILK in my opinion.

As he started to shoot those people he yelled out the Moslem words and pointed the gun a specific people he knew. I believe the poster here whose hubby told her this man didn't want the American Army killing his fellow Moslems in the war zone. And in their death his people would be a bit more safe.

To me that is the same thing as a terrorist action, just like a car bomb. It doesn't mean every American Moslem feels the same way. He was a Moslem terrorist IMO.

Mygirlsadie
11-09-2009, 02:58 AM
I lived at Ft.Hood for 7 years we left there in 2005. This doctor/major lived in a DUMP. I know exactly where Casa Del Norte apartments are and I wouldn't drive through that area of town in the daylight with my doors unlocked. I feel sorry for people who have no choice but to live in that area because it is crack head central. I think his apt. cost him like 300 a month or something.. Sooo yes where did all his money go?!?

lizzybeth
11-09-2009, 08:59 AM
I heard on the news this morning (Good Morning America) that another American/Muslim Terrorist, that now lives in the Middle East, praised this b*st*rd for what he did in the name of Islam. I'll look for a link.

Here it is:

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/fort-hood-shooter-contact-al-qaeda-terrorists-officials/story?id=9030873

STEADFAST
11-09-2009, 10:06 AM
Hi Peachy, He had become a Moslem a while back, not a new change for him, but there was a change in how he saw Moslems as people of his ILK in my opinion.

As he started to shoot those people he yelled out the Moslem words and pointed the gun a specific people he knew. I believe the poster here whose hubby told her this man didn't want the American Army killing his fellow Moslems in the war zone. And in their death his people would be a bit more safe.

To me that is the same thing as a terrorist action, just like a car bomb. It doesn't mean every American Moslem feels the same way. He was a Moslem terrorist IMO.

"U.S. intelligence agencies were aware months ago that Army Major Nidal Hasan was attempting to make contact with people associated with al Qaeda, two American officials briefed on classified material in the case told ABC News." http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/fort-hood-shooter-contact-al-qaeda-terrorists-officials/story?id=9030873

Texas Mist
11-09-2009, 11:16 AM
what a creep -- apparently held so much hate for Americans that he could kill soldiers & civilians at Ft. Hood, but not so much hate when it came to getting lap dances. ugh.

<snip>

The Fort Hood Army Base shooting suspect was a recent and frequent customer at a strip club located near the base reported FoxNews.com . Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan visited the Starz strip club at least three times in the past month, according to an employee.

"I remembered his face because it was the first lap dance I [gave] to a customer while working here," said dancer Jennifer Jenner. "When I saw his face [Friday] on TV, I jumped out of bed, I knew it was him."

Jenner also said that Hasan had told her that he liked to visit the Starz strip club in particular because no one he worked with was in the club.

more here

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/dpgo_Fort_Hood_Shooting_Hasan_Visited_Strip_Club_f c_200911091257778533907

dgfred
11-09-2009, 11:28 AM
I lived at Ft.Hood for 7 years we left there in 2005. This doctor/major lived in a DUMP. I know exactly where Casa Del Norte apartments are and I wouldn't drive through that area of town in the daylight with my doors unlocked. I feel sorry for people who have no choice but to live in that area because it is crack head central. I think his apt. cost him like 300 a month or something.. Sooo yes where did all his money go?!?

Lap dances, tips and drinks for everyone... just like a devout muslim :puke: .

sniperacer
11-09-2009, 11:47 AM

Well there is that 70 virgin thing ........

Velouria
11-09-2009, 12:40 PM
what a creep -- apparently held so much hate for Americans that he could kill soldiers & civilians at Ft. Hood, but not so much hate when it came to getting lap dances. ugh.

<snip>

[/url]

Saw that too, Texas Mist. One more thing he had in common with the 9/11 hijackers. Hypocrites.

I love where the article mentions he had trouble finding a wife willing to comply with the restrictions of a devout muslim lifestyle, i.e. wearing the full hijab, etc.. Not surprising when you read he was spending 6 or 7 hours at the strip club, for cryin' out loud.

nursebeeme
11-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Lap dances, tips and drinks for everyone... just like a devout muslim :puke: . in the 9/11 commission report they said that the terrorists went to strip clubs too... maybe he was trying to be just like them?

oceanblueeyes
11-09-2009, 01:18 PM
I refuse. I refuse to speak his name or to call him a terrorist. Yes, he took terroristic actions, but I think he was more of a terrorist whannabe. I don't credit him with the term terrorist because I don't think that killed for his religion or his ideals. And because I won't give him that much 'credit.' I just call him a murderer. I think he killed because he didn't like his life, he wanted out and he wanted someone to look at him as being brave and to give him 'glory', and I don't think he was brave or glorious. Somehow I suspect that other Islamists don't either. Some will regret what he did. And even the more extremist will laugh at him, that he couldn't even attain 'glory' because he lived.

If he had been a 'terrorist' he would have gone for training, he would have gone to join the people he identified with he would have wanted to be there to protect them. Or he would have gone AWOL and moved there to practice his profession. Instead he fought going there, and when that failed, he set out to punish the ones that he saw as victimizing him.

I don't see him as any more of a terrorist than the other criminals that we see here. Think Columbine and other school shootings. Think workplace shootings. He was unhappy with his life and he decided to punish. That's what it reminds me of. He was a coward though. He wouldn't go to battle, instead he chose a group that he knew were unarmed and unable to retaliate against him. Just like the other criminals we have seen.

I am tickled that he didn't die from his injuries. Instead he will brought up before a jury of his betters, he will suffer the humiliation of facing his mother and seeing his actions and his future in her eyes. He will suffer the humiliation of prison and confinement. And he will live knowing that every day he is one more day closer to the death penalty.

I don't hold Islamists responsible for what he did. But I do hold any of them who discussed this with him or who heard him talking about this responsible. Or if they had preached this in temple. And I hope they do a very careful investigation of the mosque that he belonged to. It is a mighty coincidence that he attended the same mosque that the 9/11 killers used. There placement there was carefully considered, and now there was another one.

Well I am not going to hold back one bit on my opinion. IMO, I do think he is a terrorist personified! And for one lone terrorist he was able to do a considerable amount of damage. We see suicide bombers that fail to kill this many at one time or leave this many injured.

He has to qualify each and every year in the Army to stay proficient on the M16 and handgun. He not only did that but he purchased his own personal weapons and target practiced. BUT even a novice holding two weapons that can fire multiple times into a very huge crowd of unsuspecting people doesn't take expertise anyway. Imo, he has been carefully planning this since August.

Imo HIS Muslim faith and how he perceived it is the catalyst that threw this planned mission into action. He admired the suicide bombers. They were his heroes so he thought of himself as one of them when he did these reprehensible acts against innocent people. Imo to him he sees US as the infidels and he thinks he will reach martyrdom which already the militants are hailing his deplorable deeds as heroic.:furious:

This was an attack on America and what we stand for and who we fight against when it comes to terrorism.

Even if deployed he would have never done battle. That was not his MOS and he wouldn't be on the front lines but he knew that others would be foot soldiers and killing the Muslims, which he thinks has more worth than his own armed service, imo.

I don't hold other Muslims in this country responsible unless it becomes known he had ties with radical groups within the USA. I hold this ONE Muslim responsible though and it is because of his extreme radical views and hatred of Americans that brought this to fruition.

imo

Muffet
11-09-2009, 02:51 PM
"U.S. intelligence agencies were aware months ago that Army Major Nidal Hasan was attempting to make contact with people associated with al Qaeda, two American officials briefed on classified material in the case told ABC News." http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/fort-hood-shooter-contact-al-qaeda-terrorists-officials/story?id=9030873

That article is the most disturbing thing I've read since this event occurred. It appears our intelligence agencies are refusing to share their intelligence with people who need to know.

Who and what else are they keeping under wraps?

Not that I think the Army didn't have more than enough of their own evidence to act on... I wonder if they were all well aware and just thought he would be safe to keep an eye on. If so, they should all be sacked.

Muffet
11-09-2009, 02:56 PM
Photos and hometowns of six of the victims:

http://i38.tinypic.com/2gtpwzt.jpg
Spc. Jason Dean Hunt, 22, of Frederick, Okla.
Sgt. Amy Krueger, 29, of Kiel, Wis.
Pfc. Aaron Thomas Nemelka, 19, of West Jordan, Utah
Pfc. Michael Pearson, 21, of Bolingbrook, Ill.
Russell Seager, 51, of Racine, Wis.
Francheska Velez, 21, of Chicago
Source (http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Aaron-Thomas-Michael-Pearson-Fort-Hood2C-Texas/photo//091106/480/055bb55a111749749d72b93c99c0b506//s:/ap/20091106/ap_on_re_us/us_fort_hood_victim_vignettes)

May they rest in peace and their families find solace.

Woe.be.gone
11-09-2009, 02:56 PM

Social Studies class - Oh these aweful, sinful Americans. Let's hurry home and wrap our women in blankets and cover their heads - right after we get our lap dance.

MissieMt
11-09-2009, 03:11 PM

ter⋅ror⋅ist

  –noun
1. a person, usually a member of a group, who uses or advocates terrorism.
2. a person who terrorizes or frightens others.
3. (formerly) a member of a political group in Russia aiming at the demoralization of the government by terror.
4. an agent or partisan of the revolutionary tribunal during the Reign of Terror in France.
–adjective
5. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of terrorism or terrorists: terrorist tactics.

Muffet
11-09-2009, 03:25 PM
-respectfully snipped-

I agree, mysteriew. :) However, I would clarify terms to say that I don't hold all Muslims responsible. I do hold all Islamists responsible, since they're regarded as the militant/fundamentalist wing of Islam.

I also think some responsibility is shared by people of any persuasion who continue to deny and obfuscate who and what the enemy is, whether for the sake of political correctness or "Ummah."

We all know about PC - here are some excerpts from a must-read article, written by a moderate Muslim, explaining the problem of Ummah:

-snip-
Part of the problem is that many Muslims are clinging to the notion of an “ummah,” or “community,” with a capital “U,” a view that inhibits dissent and encourages blind loyalty to a global Islam.

In that struggle, we whitewash the truth of men like Hasan responding defensively, rejecting any links to Islamic teachings and, ultimately, I believe, denying the reality of a radicalized ideology of Islam that sanctions violence.

-snip-

In the midst of the many conversations he had with Hasan, Akhter stood outside the Muslim Community Center, distributing photocopies of a Washington Post article about an Afghan mother who tried to stop her radicalized son from carrying out a suicide bombing; the bomb exploded in the family’s home, killing the mother, her son, and her three other children. In a later email to mosque members, he urged them, “Let us wake up,” and take note of who are “potential terrorists, who are fanatics, who are fundamentalists” in the community.

No one in the [moderate Muslim - muffet] mosque responded with concerns about Hasan’s extremist views. Rather, when he had distributed the newspaper article, Akther said, a member of the mosque yelled at him, charging him with causing “fitna” in the ummah.
[...]

Full article (http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2009-11-07/major-hasans-hidden-militancy/full/)

nursebeeme
11-09-2009, 05:02 PM
on national public radio (i am listening right now)

Hasan is alert and awake and talking with authorities right now...

hockeymom
11-09-2009, 07:30 PM
Whats interesting is how Hasan's family keeps saying how "nonviolent" he is and how he didn't even like to go to the shooting range. And what a great American he is. Either they didn't know him at all or they are hiding the truth.

mysteriew
11-09-2009, 11:26 PM
ter⋅ror⋅ist

  –noun
1. a person, usually a member of a group, who uses or advocates terrorism.
2. a person who terrorizes or frightens others.
3. (formerly) a member of a political group in Russia aiming at the demoralization of the government by terror.
4. an agent or partisan of the revolutionary tribunal during the Reign of Terror in France.
–adjective
5. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of terrorism or terrorists: terrorist tactics.

The most I will admit to him is that he might be a terrorist wanna be. What he is is actually just another common criminal. And what he did is nothing new. He got his hands on a weapon and started shooting. He doesn't inspire fear, just anger. He doesn't demoralize, he just inspires more patriotism and more determination. He doesn't inspire others to become Islamic, instead he causes more hatred against his own.

Reannan
11-10-2009, 12:06 AM
I like to look at the facts: People who fly planes into the twin towers, people who strap suicide vest on and kill theirself along with innocent bystanders, people who drive car bombs into crowded markets, people who place suicide vest on mentally challenged people - including children - and then detonate them with remote control, people who walk into a room of dedicated soldiers KNOWING THEY ARE UNARMED......they all have one thing in common - their religion; Islam. You can deny it until the cows come home, but it is the truth, and it will stand when the world is on fire. I cannot think of any excuse that will make me believe that Islam is a peacful religion. I don't but it, and I am sick and tired of being politically correct. Being politically correct is one of the reasons the Ft. Hood tragedy happened.

MissieMt
11-10-2009, 10:21 AM
The most I will admit to him is that he might be a terrorist wanna be. What he is is actually just another common criminal. And what he did is nothing new. He got his hands on a weapon and started shooting. He doesn't inspire fear, just anger. He doesn't demoralize, he just inspires more patriotism and more determination. He doesn't inspire others to become Islamic, instead he causes more hatred against his own.

So you don't think anyone in that building was frightened or terrorized?
You don't think he advocated terrorism by saying suicide bombers are no worse than American soldiers who throw themselves on bombs to save their fellow soldiers?

And if you look at Lizzybeths post #56 on this thread....he may not be inspiring NEW people to become Islamic, but he is already inspiring those who have a terrorist mindset and I'm not sure which is worse.

Columbo
11-10-2009, 12:25 PM
I like to look at the facts: People who fly planes into the twin towers, people who strap suicide vest on and kill theirself along with innocent bystanders, people who drive car bombs into crowded markets, people who place suicide vest on mentally challenged people - including children - and then detonate them with remote control, people who walk into a room of dedicated soldiers KNOWING THEY ARE UNARMED......they all have one thing in common - their religion; Islam. You can deny it until the cows come home, but it is the truth, and it will stand when the world is on fire. I cannot think of any excuse that will make me believe that Islam is a peacful religion. I don't but it, and I am sick and tired of being politically correct. Being politically correct is one of the reasons the Ft. Hood tragedy happened.

Those are the terrorists who happen to be Muslim. We also have domestic terrorists who aren't Muslims, like the kids who shot up Columbine HS, whoever bombed the Murrah building in OK (not convinced Timothy McVeigh acted alone), and on and on, ad infinitem--seems like there are new ones every day. In my mind, they are all terrorists.

I agree that there is an element to Islam that does promote viciousness and warfare. There certainly is an irony that Islam means Submission, deriving from a word that means "Peace", and yet there is that part of it which promotes fighting and killing. But there has been an awful lot of killing and destruction by Christians, among others. I have a feeling that those Muslims --most of them--who come to the U.S. want to have their religion without the fighting, killing, and war.

There is a big need to be politically correct, and I agree, that is why this Ft. Hood incident ever happened. Sickening. I'm sure that's why they let this guy slide.

If you want to get a firsthand scoop on Islam, a good book to read is Infidel, by Ayaan Hirsi Ali. She was born a Muslim and tried to get out of this religion. Now she lives in constant fear for her life. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infidel_%28book%29

Woe.be.gone
11-10-2009, 01:41 PM
That article is the most disturbing thing I've read since this event occurred. It appears our intelligence agencies are refusing to share their intelligence with people who need to know.

Who and what else are they keeping under wraps?

Not that I think the Army didn't have more than enough of their own evidence to act on... I wonder if they were all well aware and just thought he would be safe to keep an eye on. If so, they should all be sacked.

They may have been paying attention to him hoping to find the bigger fish to fry; they had no direct evidence that he would individually act out this way.

So many crimes that are committed have prior warnings and signals surrounding the perp (like a violent husband who kills his wife) yet, despite all the prior clues, the crime is carried out. Nothing is done to successfully thwart it. What is it going to take for us to become proactive in these types of situations? Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide.

songline
11-10-2009, 02:01 PM
What? What's your point?

We are CREATED equal. We don't all behave equally as demonstrated by this shooter who decided to take decent people from their earthly lives which was not his decision to make. Don't compare all people to him as most of us would never do such a thing EVER. Most of us want to help other people to be happier, to live in harmony and to assist in their comfort. Most of us want to see life lived to old age and problems conquered by thinking and evolving toward better ideas, tolerance and education. Most of us are not contemplating how to infiltrate and take over other peoples' countries for purposes of harming them if unprovoked. When provoked, most of us want to protect what is ours - and have every right to do so.

What's your cause? What don't you understand about human nature? Do you think every action can be justified?

Explain where you are coming from please. We all have free will - most of us don't use it to intentionally harm others.

His soul will be judged. God does not judge equally. Some will be first and some will be last and some will burn in Hell.

We are only created equal at birth, the indoctrination one gets after that is what shapes their belief and actions.
fundamentalists are trained from a very young age 3-4 years old to hate, kill and fight every single infidel = every single one who is not Muslim. :eek: That takes them right out of the equation of equal, and I find it very offensive that anyone cant see how much pretending that they are equal is dangerous to our moral fiber as a Nation.
NO not equal at all, NO they do not deserve equal consideration.

When only 10% of the Muslims are honorable unfortunately we have to consider the rest of the population, and giving them a pass is not smart, there is no accident that most of Europe calls us the "Stupid Americans" :(

I have pictures of the way their young are trained but I have no idea how to insert a picture here every time I try it comes up blank. It is not like a simple cut & paste here...I think I need to learn this site better....LOL

Woe.be.gone
11-10-2009, 02:26 PM

A thought - did God ever instruct people to go and burn down something or to kill people? I'm trying to recall. I don't think so but he warned His people when something bad was about to happen - like get out of there and take this and that with you or build an Ark and save the animals and Noah was faithful and did what God told him to do. (side note, Johan Huibers, in the Netherlands, has built the Ark to the specifications set out in the Bible). It's a sight to see - on the internet.

On the other hand, God has been known to enact some devasting happenings but He is God and that is His right. I'm thinking (imo this concept is under taught) we should fear God (yes, fear due to our irreverence) and straighten up our acts and pray for His protection while seeking His wisdom individually in our own lives. He has never "told" me to go do something wrong/bad to another person. Whenever I've sensed Him communicating to me the message has been toward understanding and compelling me to help someone else. Why would a whole subculture of people set forth to destroy others and call it God's will? Are they setting any kind of example as to how life could be better for all people? God reaches into hearts individually and ultimately represents love; even though He is all things. In no way (obviously) am I a Biblical expert but I try to understand life and think I have a good handle on right from wrong.

Woe.be.gone
11-10-2009, 02:49 PM
We are only created equal at birth, the indoctrination one gets after that is what shapes their belief and actions.
fundamentalists are trained from a very young age 3-4 years old to hate, kill and fight every single infidel = every single one who is not Muslim. :eek: That takes them right out of the equation of equal, and I find it very offensive that anyone cant see how much pretending that they are equal is dangerous to our moral fiber as a Nation.
NO not equal at all, NO they do not deserve equal consideration.

When only 10% of the Muslims are honorable unfortunately we have to consider the rest of the population, and giving them a pass is not smart, there is no accident that most of Europe calls us the "Stupid Americans" :(

I have pictures of the way their young are trained but I have no idea how to insert a picture here every time I try it comes up blank. It is not like a simple cut & paste here...I think I need to learn this site better....LOL

Please allow me to expand upon your good points - Created equal; not raised equal. People are created with free will it's true. If the bully stands over them from day one what choices do they end up having?

That is why the U.S. (and NATO - at least today) is over there to try to thwart the society from being taken over by the radical mindset. That is the argument behind why it is worth fighting for the democratization of the region. People there want/need free choice too but are being supressed - strong armed if you will. Europe endures attacks and is suffering too. I'm not sure that "most of Europe" calls us "the Stupid Americans" but maybe some do. How can we measure that? IMO they have it in their heads that we think we are better than other people/countries but, for the most part, Americans do not think that way at all (at least I don't).

songline
11-10-2009, 03:02 PM
Please allow me to expand upon your good points - Created equal; not raised equal. People are created with free will it's true. If the bully stands over them from day one what choices do they end up having?

That is why the U.S. (and NATO - at least today) is over there to try to thwart the society from being taken over by the radical mindset. That is the argument behind why it is worth fighting for the democratization of the region. People there want/need free choice too but are being supressed - strong armed if you will. Europe endures attacks and is suffering too. I'm not sure that "most of Europe" calls us "the Stupid Americans" but maybe some do. How can we measure that? IMO they have it in their heads that we think we are better than other people/countries but, for the most part, Americans do not think that way at all (at least I don't).
well we are not not fighting the newborns who are indeed created equal. the people we need to stop are no longer equal they are demons to society. PERIOD.
we can not tell those people how to raise their own, we can hope that the 10% Muslims who are of sound mind can do that.
Unfortunately they can not.
THE REST (90%) are not interested in learning anything at all from the infidel, they just want to kill them...
compassion is misplaced here, they want us dead we are the infidel. we do not have time to stroke these animals.
there is no time that is the right time to let them into our armed services.
I have traveled many countries, and yes "Americans" are considered very stupid. I do not wonder why any more.
I stopped wondering in the year 2000.

songline
11-10-2009, 03:18 PM
A thought - did God ever instruct people to go and burn down something or to kill people? I'm trying to recall. I don't think so but he warned His people when something bad was about to happen - like get out of there and take this and that with you or build an Ark and save the animals and Noah was faithful and did what God told him to do. (side note, Johan Huibers, in the Netherlands, has built the Ark to the specifications set out in the Bible). It's a sight to see - on the internet.

On the other hand, God has been known to enact some devasting happenings but He is God and that is His right. I'm thinking (imo this concept is under taught) we should fear God (yes, fear due to our irreverence) and straighten up our acts and pray for His protection while seeking His wisdom individually in our own lives. He has never "told" me to go do something wrong/bad to another person. Whenever I've sensed Him communicating to me the message has been toward understanding and compelling me to help someone else. Why would a whole subculture of people set forth to destroy others and call it God's will? Are they setting any kind of example as to how life could be better for all people? God reaches into hearts individually and ultimately represents love; even though He is all things. In no way (obviously) am I a Biblical expert but I try to understand life and think I have a good handle on right from wrong.

I too have asked so many why's....
Why did Cane kill his brother Able? they were the first offspring from Adam & Eve....nobody bullied them...
Seems to me that right out of the gate; early on in the bible this was happening.
I still want to know WHY...
It was Jealousy from the start, because Able did bring a very generous offering to God, While Cain's offering was meger and that caused him to be jealous/mad as hell. THAT IS NO EXCUSE.
all we learned from that is how to make excuses.

I do not think God answers all our WHY's but I do think he made it clear that he will always put temptation in front of us and it is within us to find the courage to do right in the eyes of GOD/universal Law.
It was supposed to develop us into stronger, better, and more spiritual beings.
Later on GOD gave us the 10 commandments as a code of behaviour, and even with this great guideline people still don't behave right.
When God warned people that something bad was coming, he always did a cleansing, the flood was a cleansing.....
But right now I think that God is angry...Very angry because at large, men has not taken the high road. Men has taken the road of Greed and self serving. I think we are having hard times now because it is time to get it right or he will again do a cleansing.

oceanblueeyes
11-10-2009, 04:18 PM
Well President Obama made his opinion clear imo. He more or less said these 13 fallen soldiers died in an act of war on American soil.

He mentioned "faith" a couple of times.

imo

krazykidz
11-10-2009, 04:28 PM
ok, i am a blubbering mess after listening to the army rollcall with the missing victims. omgosh, it is such a tragedy. i am so sad

oceanblueeyes
11-10-2009, 04:44 PM
http://www.wwj.com/Obama-Honors-13-Fort-Hood-Victims/5641597

"It may be hard to comprehend the twisted logic that led to this tragedy. But this much we do know – no faith justifies these murderous and craven acts; no just and loving God looks upon them with favor. And for what he has done, we know that the killer will be met with justice – in this world, and the next."

fran
11-10-2009, 04:55 PM
Wow! What a touching memorial. I've been sitting here watching and crying the whole time. Why do I do that?

Although I knew they were going to do the roll-call, it was still difficult to watch. It was also touching when Prez Obama and Mrs. Obama payed their individual respects to each lost soldier. He put a coin for each of them.

After the prez and Mrs. left and others attending were paying their individual respects, there was this one poor woman, I think one may have been her husband, who had to be practically carried away. She was leaning on those surrounding her.

Near the end, there was a uniformed soldier and next to him was a young man with a shirt with a picture of a woman and a flag background. I think I know who he was. There was a female soldier on the other side of him and the two uniformed soldiers walked with him to each victim, and they would put their hand on the back of his shoulder. Finally he came to the photo of the young woman killed who was pregnant. He hestitated and you could see that he was saying something and then a few more uniformed soldiers surrounded him and began guiding him away. That poor, poor man.............he was over-seas and his wife had just returned home and they were looking forward to the birth of their second child.........heartbreaking,.....

Bless all those that were lost and prayers and condolence to their family, ALL their family.

Sincerely,
fran

songline
11-10-2009, 05:54 PM
Well President Obama made his opinion clear imo. He more or less said these 13 fallen soldiers died in an act of war on American soil.

He mentioned "faith" a couple of times.

imo

I did not get to see this,
I am not being snooty, did he mention WHO'S faith???? :waitasec:
Or why the SOB was not taken out of the Armed services when all the red flags were blaring.
I imagine not.

oceanblueeyes
11-10-2009, 07:27 PM
I did not get to see this,
I am not being snooty, did he mention WHO'S faith???? :waitasec:
Or why the SOB was not taken out of the Armed services when all the red flags were blaring.
I imagine not.

It was obvious that he was talking about Hasan's faith and his radical belief system.

Not formally because it is such a PC no no to make a complaint against a Muslim, imo. Those that heard his rants said they were afraid to report the only Muslim psychiatrist thinking they would be labeled biased and prejudiced.

imo

Reannan
11-10-2009, 10:40 PM
I am not an Obama fan, but I was also glad to see that he mentioned faith at the memorial today. To ignore the relationship of the Middle East conflict to religion is foolish. It is all about religion. Their religion hates everyone that is not willing to live by their rules.....in fact, they want us dead. As Nidal Malik Hasan himself said - "they love death more than we love life". Their is no way to reason with these people or to change their minds. They are a cancer to society. I work in the medical profession, and we try every means possible to rid a body of cancer. I believe that is what our military is doing in the Middle East, and I support them. Hasan is the perfect example of how the malignant thoughts and beliefs of Islam can manifest itself. I want our military to perform a CT scan, an MRI, and a PET scan of our entire military to root out any other cancerous, evil people, and then to remove them - permenantly.

songline
11-10-2009, 10:43 PM
It was obvious that he was talking about Hasan's faith and his radical belief system.

Not formally because it is such a PC no no to make a complaint against a Muslim, imo. Those that heard his rants said they were afraid to report the only Muslim psychiatrist thinking they would be labeled biased and prejudiced.

imo
BBM
Something wrong with that picture, that is a problem.

mnegri1973
11-11-2009, 02:31 AM
This is the first time that I have been able to post on these threads. Mostly out of me saying something that would get me banned.

I watched the memorial today with my daughter, who was born at Darnell. While I have been out since '97, I still feel as if those soldiers are part of my extended family. I thought that the service was done tastefully and showed the reverence and respect that the 14, since I count the unborn child, American hero's deserved. I am not a fan of Obama, however I was moved by his talk and then when he laid his coin, which is an honor to receive a coin, it's a military thing, but when he presented his coin to each of the fallen, that showed great respect and I just really liked how he handled this part of the ceremony.

Today was a day of healing not only for Ft Hood but for all of us. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone who was touched by this act of terrorism and the day will come when the thing who did this will pay for his actions.

songline
11-11-2009, 10:04 AM

I SURE HOPE THAT NO AMERICANS THINK THIS WAY. :angel:
One eye closed IMHO is very dangerous. HE IS a terrorist.
He took out the infidel, just as they all say they will. :(

Woe.be.gone
11-11-2009, 10:12 AM
well we are not not fighting the newborns who are indeed created equal. the people we need to stop are no longer equal they are demons to society. PERIOD.
we can not tell those people how to raise their own, we can hope that the 10% who is of sound mind can do that.
Unfortunately they can not.
THE REST is not interested in learning anything at all from the infidel, they just want to kill them...
compassion is misplaced here, they want us dead we are the infidel. we do not have time to stroke these animals.
there is no time that is the right time to let them into our armed services.
I have traveled many countries, and yes "Americans" are considered very stupid. I do not wonder why any more.
I stopped wondering in the year 2000.

I had to sleep on this and my thoughts are - I don't see the people of other countries coming up with any real brilliant answers in order to solve the World's problems. Are we criticized for getting involved (and then criticized for not getting involved)? Maybe we should stick our heads in the sand.

It's rude for other people (whoever they are) to say that about Americans imo. I would ask them to show their big brains and bring forth answers to the globe's problems since they're so smart.

Let me add, to those who don't want to live here but do, you can always leave for that "better" place. I'd be interested to hear where people would choose to live - not visit, but live. There are a few places I can think of that might be nice, but you can't just walk in there and say "Hi, I'm here." You'd be surprised, not having been born there, how difficult it would be to fit in. Just saying.

Woe.be.gone
11-11-2009, 10:16 AM
I SURE HOPE THAT NO AMERICANS THINK THIS WAY. :angel:
One eye closed IMHO is very dangerous. HE IS a terrorist.

The plot thickens - I heard on the news that he had dinner with a group of "guys" the night before he did the shootings.

krazykidz
11-11-2009, 10:29 AM
fran, your post just caused a spontaneous burst of tears as i read the heart wrenching words. awful awful awful

reannan, great points about radical ideology equating with cancer. i like that. we have got to stop the metastatic invasion of all the propaganda and put more safety guards in place (not less) with info sharing among security agencies. it's gonna be interesting to watch how this is spun

mysterygirl
11-11-2009, 10:43 AM
I had to sleep on this and my thoughts are - I don't see the people of other countries coming up with any real brilliant answers in order to solve the World's problems. Are we criticized for getting involved (and then criticized for not getting involved)? Maybe we should stick our heads in the sand.

It's rude for other people (whoever they are) to say that about Americans imo. I would ask them to show their big brains and bring forth answers to the globe's problems since they're so smart.

Let me add, to those who don't want to live here but do, you can always leave for that "better" place. I'd be interested to hear where people would choose to live - not visit, but live. There are a few places I can think of that might be nice, but you can't just walk in there and say "Hi, I'm here." You'd be surprised, not having been born there, how difficult it would be to fit in. Just saying.

Our "stupidity" does not jibe with our rise to the most prosperous nation on earth. They don't mind our "stupidity" or military when they need to be bailed out (cough France..) Our "stupidity" cannot be blamed for allowing the rise of Islamic extremism to hijack a religion.....

mysterygirl
11-11-2009, 10:47 AM
Wow! What a touching memorial. I've been sitting here watching and crying the whole time. Why do I do that?

Although I knew they were going to do the roll-call, it was still difficult to watch. It was also touching when Prez Obama and Mrs. Obama payed their individual respects to each lost soldier. He put a coin for each of them.

After the prez and Mrs. left and others attending were paying their individual respects, there was this one poor woman, I think one may have been her husband, who had to be practically carried away. She was leaning on those surrounding her.

Near the end, there was a uniformed soldier and next to him was a young man with a shirt with a picture of a woman and a flag background. I think I know who he was. There was a female soldier on the other side of him and the two uniformed soldiers walked with him to each victim, and they would put their hand on the back of his shoulder. Finally he came to the photo of the young woman killed who was pregnant. He hestitated and you could see that he was saying something and then a few more uniformed soldiers surrounded him and began guiding him away. That poor, poor man.............he was over-seas and his wife had just returned home and they were looking forward to the birth of their second child.........heartbreaking,.....

Bless all those that were lost and prayers and condolence to their family, ALL their family.

Sincerely,
fran

I'll go one more Fran............when they showed those boots I thought about a pair of baby shoes being next to one pair.

mnegri1973
11-11-2009, 10:56 AM
[QUOTE=Woe.be.gone;4416857]I had to sleep on this and my thoughts are - I don't see the people of other countries coming up with any real brilliant answers in order to solve the World's problems. Are we criticized for getting involved (and then criticized for not getting involved)? Maybe we should stick our heads in the sand.

Let me add, to those who don't want to live here but do, you can always leave for that "better" place. I'd be interested to hear where people would choose to live - not visit, but live. There are a few places I can think of that might be nice, but you can't just walk in there and say "Hi, I'm here." You'd be surprised, not having been born there, how difficult it would be to fit in. Just saying.[/QUOTE

BBM

Sadly we have tried this approach before, it was call WWII.....As you can see by history that did not work, since we were pulled into the war anyways.

I agree with ya on people who complain about living in this country....I mean there is no one stopping them from moving....

noZme
11-11-2009, 11:28 AM
From an email forwarded to me & especially poingant as our country honors the veterans: .

This past Thursday 13 American Soldiers were killed and another 30 wounded at a horrific mass shooting at US Army installation, Ft Hood Texas. As I watched in horror and then anger I recalled my two years of final service in the Army as a Battalion Commander at Ft Hood, 2002-2004.

My wife and two daughters were stunned at the incident having lived on the post in family housing.

A military installation, whether it is Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine, or Coast Guard, is supposed to be a safe sanctuary for our Warriors and their families. It is intended to provide a home whereby our Band of Brothers and Sisters can find solace and bond beyond just the foxhole but as family units.

A military installation is supposed to be a place where our Warriors train for war, to serve and protect our Nation.

On Thursday, 5 November 2009 Ft Hood became a part of the battlefield in the war against Islamic totalitarianism and state sponsored terrorism.

There may be those who feel threatened by my words and would even recommend they not be uttered. To those individuals I say step aside because now is not the time for cowardice. Our Country has become so paralyzed by political correctness that we have allowed a vile and determined enemy to breach what should be the safest place in America, an Army post.

We have become so politically correct that our media is more concerned about the stress of the shooter, Major Nidal Malik Hasan. The misplaced benevolence intending to portray him as a victim is despicable. The fact that there are some who have now created an entire new classification called; pre-virtual vicarious Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is unconscionable.

This is not a man caused disaster. It is what it is, an Islamic jihadist attack.

We have seen this before in 2003 when a SGT Hasan of the 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) threw hand grenades and opened fire into his Commanding Officer's tent in Kuwait. We have seen the foiled attempt of Albanian Muslims who sought to attack Ft Dix, NJ. Recently we saw a young convert to Islam named Carlos Bledsoe travel to Yemen, receive terrorist training, and return to gun down two US Soldiers at a Little Rock, Arkansas Army recruiting station. We thwarted another Islamic terrorist plot in North Carolina which had US Marine Corps Base, Quantico as a target.

What have we done with all these prevalent trends? Nothing.

What we see are recalcitrant leaders who are refusing to confront the issue, Islamic terrorist infiltration into America, and possibly further into our Armed Services. Instead we have a multiculturalism and diversity syndrome on steroids.

Major Hasan should have never been transferred to Ft Hood, matter of fact he should have been Chaptered from the Army. His previous statements, poor evaluation reports, and the fact that the FBI had him under investigation for jihadist website posting should have been proof positive.

However, what we have is a typical liberal approach to find a victim, not the 13 and 30 Soldiers and Civilian, but rather the poor shooter. A shooter who we are told was a great American, who loved the Army and serving his Nation and the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR) stating that his actions had nothing to do with religious belief.

We know that Major Hasan deliberately planned this episode; he did give away his possessions. He stood atop a table in the confined space of the Soldier Readiness Center shouting "Allahu Akhbar", same chant as the 9-11 terrorists and those we fight against overseas in the Iraq and Afghanistan theaters of operation.

No one in leadership seems willing to sound the alarm for the American people; they are therefore complicit in any future attacks. Our Congress should suspend the insidious action to vote on a preposterous and unconstitutional healthcare bill and resolve the issue of protecting the American people.

The recent incidents in Dearborn Michigan, Boston Massachusetts, Dallas Texas, and Chicago Illinois should bear witness to the fact that we have an Islamic terrorism issue in America. And dont have CAIR call me and try to issue a vanilla press statement; they are an illegitimate terrorist associated organization which should be disbanded.

We have Saudi Arabia funding close to 80% of the mosques in the United States, one right here in South Florida, Pompano Beach. Are we building churches and synagogues in Saudi Arabia? Are "Kaffirs" and "Infidels" allowed travel to Mecca?

So much for peaceful coexistence.

Saudi Arabia is sponsoring radical Imams who enter into our prisons and convert young men into a virulent Wahabbist ideology.one resulting in four individuals wanting to destroy synagogues in New York with plastic explosives. Thank God the explosives were dummy. They are sponsoring textbooks which present Islamic centric revisionist history in our schools.

We must recognize that there is an urgent need to separate the theo-political radical Islamic ideology out of our American society. We must begin to demand surveillance of suspected Imams and mosques that are spreading hate and preaching the overthrow of our Constitutional Republicthat speech is not protected under First Amendment, it is sedition and if done by an American treason.

There should not be some 30 Islamic terrorist training camps in America that has nothing to do with First Amendment, Freedom of Religion. The Saudis are not our friends and any American political figure who believes such is delusional.

When tolerance becomes a one way street it certainly leads to cultural suicide. We are on that street. Liberals cannot be trusted to defend our Republic, because their sympathies obviously lie with their perceived victim, Major Nidal Malik Hasan.

I make no apologies for these words, and anyone angered by them, please, go to Ft Hood and look into the eyes of the real victims. The tragedy at Ft Hood Texas did not have to happen. Consider now the feelings of those there and on every military installation in the world. Consider the feelings of the Warriors deployed into combat zones who now are concerned that their loved ones at home are in a combat zone.

Ft Hood suffered an Islamic jihadist attack, stop the denial, and realize a simple point.

The reality of your enemy must become your own.

Steadfast and Loyal,
Lieutenant Colonel Allen B West (US Army, Ret)

Woe.be.gone
11-11-2009, 04:36 PM
Our "stupidity" does not jibe with our rise to the most prosperous nation on earth. They don't mind our "stupidity" or military when they need to be bailed out (cough France..) Our "stupidity" cannot be blamed for allowing the rise of Islamic extremism to hijack a religion.....

This is a sensitive issue. France has helped us in the past and we have helped France (as a whole, they're more stylish than us and think we're sloppy dressers - ha!). The U.S. has made mistakes and other countries have made mistakes too. None of us wants to see WWIII - will it have to come to that before the world perceives the current threat? What did we learn from WWII - anything?

Ignorance to the fact that we have a real threat going on in real time will not help us. We're trying to "hold it down", that is, keep the terrorism from spreading. We need help.

Many Americans (think Joy Beher - sorry Joy, I think you're funny but nieve) don't understand the reasons behind all the effort and money we are putting in over there and constantly criticize their own country's efforts. That burns me and imo is WHERE OUR FREEDOM GETS IN OUR OWN WAY. If we want to see, on a large scale what we saw at Fort Hood, we should turn our backs on the issue, close our eyes and do nothing. There is a real enemy with an agenda.

It is hard for me to believe that this maniac's ideologies were overlooked. They clearly were. We have men who can dismember real bombs but our authorities can't approach an unarmed man who looks like a bomb waiting to explode? We have to get tougher NOW.

P.S. I just read the LTC's post above and it is the professional, strong message of what I'm trying to say. Thank you noZme, post #97.

lizzybeth
11-12-2009, 08:45 AM
Many Americans (think Joy Beher - sorry Joy, I think you're funny but nieve) don't understand the reasons behind all the effort we are putting in over there and constantly criticize their own country's efforts. That burns me and imo is where our freedom gets in our own way. If we want to see, on a large scale what we saw at Fort Hood, we should turn our backs and close our eyes and do nothing. There is a real enemy with a real agenda.

Thank you. I thought that needed repeating.

songline
11-12-2009, 11:16 AM
I had to sleep on this and my thoughts are - I don't see the people of other countries coming up with any real brilliant answers in order to solve the World's problems. Are we criticized for getting involved (and then criticized for not getting involved)? Maybe we should stick our heads in the sand. No, I think we are criticized for not doing the right thing. SEEMS that Russia had tried for 10 years and walked away very very broke and bruised. CLEARLY it was not our business at this time to jump in there Iraq did nothing to warrant this move on our part, all we did is create a hot bed for terrorists in Iraq, whenever we walk out of there the terrorist will have infiltrated that entire region.

It's rude for other people (whoever they are) to say that about Americans imo. I would ask them to show their big brains and bring forth answers to the globe's problems since they're so smart. They do not care if we think it is rude, we sure have not settled our own problems here in the USA - we do not need to start any wars. NO WE DO NOT.

Let me add, to those who don't want to live here but do, you can always leave for that "better" place. I'd be interested to hear where people would choose to live - not visit, but live. There are a few places I can think of that might be nice, but you can't just walk in there and say "Hi, I'm here." You'd be surprised, not having been born there, how difficult it would be to fit in. Just saying.This WAS the land of opportunity, many came for that and did go back home, wherever that is...Many do have it better here even if they only make $5. an hour so they stay...Many Countries do not want an open door for all kinds of illegals, and deviants, cant blame them for that at all.WHAT WE USED TO BE we are no more. This county has forsaken its citizens JMHO, and Muslims should not be in our Armed services especially since they DO say we are the infidel and we must be taken out, they are not kidding

I do not know who is smart enough to answer your questions I am NOT. but I will try using another color right into your post. I can say that after reading a lot, 9/11 was not what our Government wants us to think it was. So we are pretty gullible, does not constitute smart. We are now no better then sheep. JMHO but we do think that our vote means something LOL

songline
11-12-2009, 11:18 AM

And with all the intelligence we did not see this coming??? :waitasec: I doubt it.
and it is going on for how long now? :waitasec:
yes it is going on for many, many decades.

But do I believe that we wanted to stop the extremists "NO" we only created a hot bed for them.
They always say look at your results and you will see what your plan was.
I believe the Bush family is devoted to WAR and thinks as long as we have a war we have an economy.
If there was any other reason they would not have lied their azzes off to clearance to go to war.
As they say "Results are your Guru".
So since they did have a blue print of what had happened with Russia, for over 10 years.
The US spread themselves way to thin by going into TWO wars simultaneously with professional
bombers, (terrorists) who know the Turin, and the caves and we do not. Nor did we have real cause.
I cant see that stopping any extremists was a goal, Or we would have compleated in Afganistan first and not taken our eyes off that ball.
I can only see depleting our resources to align with the "New World Order" as the real reason.

Woe.be.gone
11-12-2009, 12:59 PM
It is a land battle - they want Israel (Jerusalem). We protect Israel.
Christians want to protect the birthplace and history of the Judeo-Christian faith. It is a religious war.

IMO only. My faith is in Jesus Christ.

Woe.be.gone
11-12-2009, 01:31 PM
I do not know who is smart enough to answer your questions I am NOT. but I will try using another color right into your post. I can say that after reading a lot, 9/11 was not what our Government wants us to think it was. So we are pretty gullible, does not constitute smart. We are now no better then sheep. JMHO but we do think that our vote means something LOL

I'm not smart enough to answer my questions either! Just food for thought is all and the best I can come up with for the way I feel.

Regarding others being rude - I know we can't stop people from being rude and I know they may not care, but I thought since others may read here, I'd say it. It's a global world now and we need to unite among allies versus pick on one another imo. There are bigger fish to fry.

Russia had different reasons than we do.

Vote for term limits and I'm not sure about all the other issues but I'm feeling that we are getting pretty divided as a nation, and divided we fall. Freedom yes but freedom for the right things - it was never meant to mean that anything and everything goes. And we were not supposed to become a landing place for welfare - the USA is not called land of where everything is free - you're supposed to have an idea of what to do and then you are free to do it. Too much Government, too many taxes = hindrance.

Desert Island anyone? If you don't laugh, you'll cry.
I'm depressed over this terrorism attack at Fort Hood.

songline
11-12-2009, 07:07 PM
I'm not smart enough to answer my questions either! Just food for thought is all and the best I can come up with for the way I feel.

Regarding others being rude - I know we can't stop people from being rude and I know they may not care, but I thought since others may read here, I'd say it. It's a global world now and we need to unite among allies versus pick on one another imo. There are bigger fish to fry.

Russia had different reasons than we do.

Vote for term limits and I'm not sure about all the other issues but I'm feeling that we are getting pretty divided as a nation, and divided we fall. Freedom yes but freedom for the right things - it was never meant to mean that anything and everything goes. And we were not supposed to become a landing place for welfare - the USA is not called land of where everything is free - you're supposed to have an idea of what to do and then you are free to do it. Too much Government, too many taxes = hindrance.

Desert Island anyone? If you don't laugh, you'll cry.
I'm depressed over this terrorism attack at Fort Hood.

I too am depressed about it. It did not have to happen, but our people watched the red flags and did nothing. Where are their set of *alls? How dare they see the red flags and do nothing? :banghead:
But I am also angry because other terrorists are planted in our Armed forces. I did read that and they did boast about it... I do wish I had kept that article. I do think we have to get them out of our armed services NOW...All the rest of the BS about how we are or shouldn't judge anyone is all BS in these dangerous times.

songline
11-12-2009, 07:16 PM
It is a land battle - they want Israel (Jerusalem). We protect Israel.
Christians want to protect the birthplace and history of the Judeo-Christian faith. It is a religious war.

IMO only. My faith is in Jesus Christ.
Yes they say it is about Jerusalem...
But then they also say they will kill every single infidel.
NOW that is not about Jerusalem, it is about anyone who is not Muslim.
So.... they are not only interested in Jerusalem. THEY LIE A LOT, that is just an excuse because if they were to get Jerusalem which they wont....Then you and I are next in line.
The 10 commandments say thou shall not lie. There is never a time when God said kill anyone.
They are not about any God, or any of Gods commandments at all. POWER is all they really want.

songline
11-12-2009, 07:31 PM
From an email forwarded to me & especially poingant as our country honors the veterans: .

This past Thursday 13 American Soldiers were killed and another 30 wounded at a horrific mass shooting at US Army installation, Ft Hood Texas. As I watched in horror and then anger I recalled my two years of final service in the Army as a Battalion Commander at Ft Hood, 2002-2004.

My wife and two daughters were stunned at the incident having lived on the post in family housing.

A military installation, whether it is Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine, or Coast Guard, is supposed to be a safe sanctuary for our Warriors and their families. It is intended to provide a home whereby our Band of Brothers and Sisters can find solace and bond beyond just the foxhole but as family units.

A military installation is supposed to be a place where our Warriors train for war, to serve and protect our Nation.

On Thursday, 5 November 2009 Ft Hood became a part of the battlefield in the war against Islamic totalitarianism and state sponsored terrorism.

There may be those who feel threatened by my words and would even recommend they not be uttered. To those individuals I say step aside because now is not the time for cowardice. Our Country has become so paralyzed by political correctness that we have allowed a vile and determined enemy to breach what should be the safest place in America, an Army post.

We have become so politically correct that our media is more concerned about the stress of the shooter, Major Nidal Malik Hasan. The misplaced benevolence intending to portray him as a victim is despicable. The fact that there are some who have now created an entire new classification called; pre-virtual vicarious Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is unconscionable.

This is not a man caused disaster. It is what it is, an Islamic jihadist attack.

We have seen this before in 2003 when a SGT Hasan of the 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) threw hand grenades and opened fire into his Commanding Officer's tent in Kuwait. We have seen the foiled attempt of Albanian Muslims who sought to attack Ft Dix, NJ. Recently we saw a young convert to Islam named Carlos Bledsoe travel to Yemen, receive terrorist training, and return to gun down two US Soldiers at a Little Rock, Arkansas Army recruiting station. We thwarted another Islamic terrorist plot in North Carolina which had US Marine Corps Base, Quantico as a target.[/COLOR]

What have we done with all these prevalent trends? Nothing.

What we see are recalcitrant leaders who are refusing to confront the issue, Islamic terrorist infiltration into America, and possibly further into our Armed Services. Instead we have a multiculturalism and diversity syndrome on steroids.[/COLOR]

Major Hasan should have never been transferred to Ft Hood, matter of fact he should have been Chaptered from the Army. His previous statements, poor evaluation reports, and the fact that the FBI had him under investigation for jihadist website posting should have been proof positive.

However, what we have is a typical liberal approach to find a victim, not the 13 and 30 Soldiers and Civilian, but rather the poor shooter. A shooter who we are told was a great American, who loved the Army and serving his Nation and the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR) stating that his actions had nothing to do with religious belief.

We know that Major Hasan deliberately planned this episode; he did give away his possessions. He stood atop a table in the confined space of the Soldier Readiness Center shouting "Allahu Akhbar", same chant as the 9-11 terrorists and those we fight against overseas in the Iraq and Afghanistan theaters of operation.

No one in leadership seems willing to sound the alarm for the American people; they are therefore complicit in any future attacks. Our Congress should suspend the insidious action to vote on a preposterous and unconstitutional healthcare bill and resolve the issue of protecting the American people.

The recent incidents in Dearborn Michigan, Boston Massachusetts, Dallas Texas, and Chicago Illinois should bear witness to the fact that we have an Islamic terrorism issue in America. And dont have CAIR call me and try to issue a vanilla press statement; they are an illegitimate terrorist associated organization which should be disbanded.

We have Saudi Arabia funding close to 80% of the mosques in the United States, one right here in South Florida, Pompano Beach. Are we building churches and synagogues in Saudi Arabia? Are "Kaffirs" and "Infidels" allowed travel to Mecca?

So much for peaceful coexistence.

Saudi Arabia is sponsoring radical Imams who enter into our prisons and convert young men into a virulent Wahabbist ideology.one resulting in four individuals wanting to destroy synagogues in New York with plastic explosives. Thank God the explosives were dummy. They are sponsoring textbooks which present Islamic centric revisionist history in our schools.[/COLOR]

We must recognize that there is an urgent need to separate the theo-political radical Islamic ideology out of our American society. We must begin to demand surveillance of suspected Imams and mosques that are spreading hate and preaching the overthrow of our Constitutional Republicthat speech is not protected under First Amendment, it is sedition and if done by an American treason.

There should not be some 30 Islamic terrorist training camps in America that has nothing to do with First Amendment, Freedom of Religion. The Saudis are not our friends and any American political figure who believes such is delusional.

[COLOR=black][COLOR=black]When tolerance becomes a one way street it certainly leads to cultural suicide. We are on that street. Liberals cannot be trusted to defend our Republic, because their sympathies obviously lie with their perceived victim, Major Nidal Malik Hasan.

I make no apologies for these words, and anyone angered by them, please, go to Ft Hood and look into the eyes of the real victims. The tragedy at Ft Hood Texas did not have to happen. Consider now the feelings of those there and on every military installation in the world. Consider the feelings of the Warriors deployed into combat zones who now are concerned that their loved ones at home are in a combat zone.

Ft Hood suffered an Islamic jihadist attack, stop the denial, and realize a simple point.

[COLOR=black]The reality of your enemy must become your own.

Steadfast and Loyal,
Lieutenant Colonel Allen B West (US Army, Ret)

BBM - must read.....
WHAT A GREAT POST :clap::clap::clap:
It scares the chit out of me but it is real, it is honest and while hard to read we must know the truth.
YES there are terrorists in our army and we are the stupid people who allow it.
YES Europeans do refer to us as the stupid American, whether you like it or not they DO.
Why is the enemy inside our Army? How smart is that?

oceanblueeyes
11-13-2009, 12:00 AM
I too am depressed about it. It did not have to happen, but our people watched the red flags and did nothing. Where are their set of *alls? How dare they see the red flags and do nothing? :banghead:
But I am also angry because other terrorists are planted in our Armed forces. I did read that and they did boast about it... I do wish I had kept that article. I do think we have to get them out of our armed services NOW...All the rest of the BS about how we are or shouldn't judge anyone is all BS in these dangerous times.

The military has become a prisoner of political correctness. It killed the very fabric they always stood for. One for all and all for one. After 2001 it became taboo to criticize any Muslim in this country. We had to pussy foot around and pretend that every single one of them were beyond reproach. Hell we cant even call the terrorists at Gitmo enemy combatants anymore. I guess it may hurt their feelings. :innocent: Before 911 if this had happened heads would have rolled no matter who they were.

Unit meetings are held continously and people cautioned to make sure they do not show any biases or prejudices against another in the armed services. It has rendered our military mute.

So the other psychiatrists that shrank back in horror at the words Hasan spewed were so fearful that if they spoke out about their ONLY Muslim psychiatrist it would be them that paid the price not the terrorist in the making.

BUT out of every bad comes some good and I think when this is all over that things are going to return to how they use to be where ALL are held to the same standard and expectations.... no matter their race, rank or religious beliefs.

imo

lizzybeth
11-13-2009, 09:16 AM
[quote=oceanblueeyes (Snipped)

BUT out of every bad comes some good and I think when this is all over that things are going to return to how they use to be where ALL are held to the same standard and expectations.... no matter their race, rank or religious beliefs.

imo[/quote]

I hope and pray so.

songline
11-13-2009, 09:33 AM
If you want to know why we have Muslims in our army here we go.
Watch it fast before it will get pulled !

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=tCAffMSWSzY#t=28

sniperacer
11-13-2009, 04:26 PM
Should the Ft. Hood shooting wounded receive purple hearts?

songline
11-13-2009, 06:07 PM
The military has become a prisoner of political correctness. It killed the very fabric they always stood for. One for all and all for one. After 2001 it became taboo to criticize any Muslim in this country. We had to pussy foot around and pretend that every single one of them were beyond reproach. Hell we cant even call the terrorists at Gitmo enemy combatants anymore. I guess it may hurt their feelings. :innocent: Before 911 if this had happened heads would have rolled no matter who they were.

Unit meetings are held continuously and people cautioned to make sure they do not show any biases or prejudices against another in the armed services. It has rendered our military mute.

So the other psychiatrists that shrank back in horror at the words Hasan spewed were so fearful that if they spoke out about their ONLY Muslim psychiatrist it would be them that paid the price not the terrorist in the making.

imo
WOW but this is the Armed forces they are supposed to defend and protect. pussy footing around it a total contradiction of their entire purpose. and Enemies do not belong in side of our army that in itself is insane.

As far as out of everything bad something good happens,
I don't want to disappoint you but watching the Middle East for so many decades, and reading about Muslims boasting about having infiltrated our service, I do not see that with these people any thing good can happen.
JMO and I sure wish I to be wrong here, I just doubt it. ;)

songline
11-13-2009, 06:11 PM
Should the Ft. Hood shooting wounded receive purple hearts?
Not In My Opinion, they too had seen the red flags long before the jerk erupted, and nobody did anything.
It is an army base with out a back bone, I wish they all had more *alls.
I am very sad and depressed by what happened but that lunatic should have been removed a long time ago.

LoveMyDogs
11-14-2009, 03:48 AM
Not In My Opinion, they too had seen the red flags long before the jerk erupted, and nobody did anything.
I am very sad and depressed by what happened but that lunatic should have been removed a long time ago.

Seriously? So the victims should be blamed because the higher-ups wouldn't remove hasan?:waitasec:

songline
11-14-2009, 12:00 PM
Seriously? So the victims should be blamed because the higher-ups wouldn't remove hasan?:waitasec:

that is not at all what I had said. not even close. :waitasec:
the question was should they get a purple heart. my reply is NO they too have seen all the Red flags and did nothing.
I do not think that anyone here deserves any kind of MEDAL.
NO ONE SHOULD BALME ANY VICTIM FOR ANYTHING, But Medals are given for different reason. :waitasec:

fran
11-14-2009, 12:25 PM
Just fwiw, they're having a memorial service today in San Diego for one of the victims of this crime. Reader comments from some who served with this man are touching.

fran

http://www.10news.com/news/21609300/detail.html

Body Of Local Ft. Hood Victim Returns Home

Capt. John Paul Gaffaney, 56, Among 13 Killed In Shooting Rampage

SAN DIEGO -- The body of an Army Reservist from San Diego who was among the 13 people killed during the shooting rampage at Fort Hood in Texas was flown to Marine Corps Air Station Miramar Friday.

A small jet aircraft carrying the body of Capt. John Paul Gaffaney, 56, was met by a military honor guard on a flag-lined tarmac at MCAS Miramar. Fellow soldiers, family and friends watched as the aircraft arrived and Gaffaney's wife Christine and son Matthew stood next to the coffin as it was placed in a hearse and driven away.

A memorial service for Gaffaney, with full military honors, will be held Saturday at Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery

Woe.be.gone
11-14-2009, 01:57 PM

Unit meetings are held continously and people cautioned to make sure they do not show any biases or prejudices against another in the armed services. It has rendered our military mute.

imo

We can only hope. Another problem is (that I have encountered) is knowing where to go with your concerns. If you think someone may be someone other than who they are telling you they are, who do you tell? And, if you do bring someone to light, how do you proove it? People with wrong motives could start throwing anybody under the bus including innocent people of the Muslim faith. You'd think that within our functioning systems it would be encouraged that people be aware of and feel safe to report suspicious individuals - we're at that point imo. Considering the shooter developed his plan and was vocal about his beliefs under the noses of high ranking Army personnel, I'm frightened and hope this serves as a wake up call even if it hurts some peoples' feelings.

The enemy will try to fit in and adapt to the culture they think you accept. They POSE as people they are not but upon closer look (without even trying) you pick up on it and start getting weird vibes. Individually they may seem "nice" (there are similarities people have especially among mothers) but ultimately, they are involved in their "higher" calling and feel justified. They are paying us back. The women are there supporting the men imo. They can't help but to get dragged into our culture because their kids are at public school and they are someone's neighbor. They will try to isolate, but if they have kids, they are trapped into participating in life as if they were Americans. Virginia, is a hot bed imo. The terrorists hold positions as political assistants and in other Government organizations (think DMV, etc.).

oceanblueeyes
11-14-2009, 04:55 PM

I couldn't disagree with you more.

This man did not even have a scheduled meeting to be at this center. I doubt a single one of this people knew the mass murderer or his extremist beliefs.

They were as vulnerable as anyone in our country. They were on their own base minding their business and unarmed.

Blaming the victims is foolish and quite mean spirited imo. These people did nothing wrong. This was an attack of Islamic terrorism and each and everyone of them deserves a purple heart. The 13 who died and the 29 who were injured. And the two civilian officers deserve a congressional medal of honor.

I do not fault the military. I fault society that has pushed down people's throats that is far better to be politically correct than it is to dare offend any Muslim. Those who spoke among themselves were fearful of the backlash against THEM since it is so politically taboo to critique any Muslim and find fault with them.

It wasn't the military that said we must not call them "enemy combatants". That was Obama and congress and this is what happens when we show weakness instead of being strong and powerful. Before 911 if anyone had talked the way Hasan had spewed his garbage he would have long been kicked to the curb. Commonsense and logic has been thrown out the window since 911 when we are constantly reminded to make sure we do not show prejudice against any group, especially Muslim.

Bless the deceased, wounded soldiers and all of their families.

imo

oceanblueeyes
11-14-2009, 05:18 PM
that is not at all what I had said. not even close. :waitasec:
the question was should they get a purple heart. my reply is NO they too have seen all the Red flags and did nothing.
I do not think that anyone here deserves any kind of MEDAL.
NO ONE SHOULD BALME ANY VICTIM FOR ANYTHING, But Medals are given for different reason. :waitasec:

http://www.thepurpleheart.com/history/

On May 28, 1932, 138 World War I veterans were conferred their Purple Hearts at Temple Hill, in New Windsor, NY. Temple Hill was the site of the New Windsor Cantonment, which was the final encampment of the Continental Army in the winter of 1782-1783. Today, the National Purple Heart continues the tradition begun here in 1932, of honoring veterans who have earned the Purple Heart.

The Purple Heart has undergone many changes with respect to the criteria for being awarded. At first, the Purple Heart was exclusively awarded to Army and Army Air Corps personnel and could not be awarded posthumously to the next of kin. In 1942, President Franklin Roosevelt signed an executive order allowing the Navy to award the Purple Heart to Sailors, Marines, and Coast Guard personnel. Also in that year, the Purple Heart was made available for posthumous award to any member of the military killed on or after December 7, 1941.

Originally the Purple Heart was awarded for meritorious service. Being wounded was one portion of consideration for merit. With the creation of the Legion of Merit in 1942, the award of the Purple Heart for meritorious service became unnecessary and was therefore discontinued. The Purple Heart, per regulation is awarded in the name of the President of the United States to any member of the Armed Forces of the United States who, while serving under competent authority in any capacity with one of the U.S. Armed Services after April 5, 1917 has been wounded, killed, or has died after being wounded.

MeoW333
11-14-2009, 06:52 PM

This man did not even have a scheduled meeting to be at this center. I doubt a single one of this people knew the mass murderer or his extremist beliefs.

They were as vulnerable as anyone in our country. They were on their own base minding their business and unarmed.

Blaming the victims is foolish and quite mean spirited imo. These people did nothing wrong. This was an attack of Islamic terrorism and each and everyone of them deserves a purple heart. The 13 who died and the 29 who were injured. And the two civilian officers deserve a congressional medal of honor.

I do not fault the military. I fault society that has pushed down people's throats that is far better to be politically correct than it is to dare offend any Muslim. Those who spoke among themselves were fearful of the backlash against THEM since it is so politically taboo to critique any Muslim and find fault with them.

It wasn't the military that said we must not call them "enemy combatants". That was Obama and congress and this is what happens when we show weakness instead of being strong and powerful. Before 911 if anyone had talked the way Hasan had spewed his garbage he would have long been kicked to the curb. Commonsense and logic has been thrown out the window since 911 when we are constantly reminded to make sure we do not show prejudice against any group, especially Muslim.

imo

I agree with you, OBE.

IMO, if it saves live to hurt someone's feelings then so be it.
If people suspect radical muslims in the army, they shouldn't be afraid to say something due to political correctness.
We shouldn't call them "enemy combatants", we should call them "terrorists".
Hasan was a terrorist on American soil. There are more like him out there in different professions. I can only hope that they will be reported by people that notice "signs" of extremist muslims or their "charitable organizations" they donate to that are really having the proceeds go to terrorism.

If not being politically correct saves lives, then it is worth it.
Extremist Muslims will refer to all non-muslim in not politically correct terms.

Maybe this will be a wake up call, idk. I can only hope that people will report suspicions more..

My prayers for the victims and their families.
I think they should get purple hearts, they were attacked by a terrorist who started a small one man war on American soil while crying out about allah.

songline
11-14-2009, 08:32 PM

imo

<<<SNIP>>>
Five of the 13 victims were fellow mental health professionals from three units of the army's Combat Stress Control Detachment, it was disclosed yesterday.

It is understood that Hasan had been due to be deployed with members of those units in coming months. Whether he deliberately singled out other combat stress counsellors is another key question.

What does seem clear is that the army missed an increasing number of red flags that Hasan was a troubled and brooding individual within its ranks.
"I was shocked but not surprised by news of Thursday's attack," said Dr Val Finnell, a fellow student on a public health course in 2007-08 who heard Hasan equate the war on terrorism to a war on Islam. Another student had warned military officials that Hasan was a "ticking time bomb" after he reportedly gave a presentation defending suicide bombers.

<<<SNIP>>>>more at link......

I am also looking for another link that spoke about how he just stood there and shot them...
If I am not mistaken some were his colleagues whom he did know.
IMHO they should have spoken up long ago.
It will never be OK that they wanted to be "Politically correct" I will always say that is :crazy::sick:

THIS IS TOTALY DIFFERENT FROM NOT HAVING COMPASSION FOR THE VICTIMS
because this kind of things that should have, and could have been prevented do break my heart.
NO WHERE HAVE I BLAMED THE Victims, All I said: it does not warrant a purple heart. JMO
You have yours, but mean spirited I am far far far from.....
I don't say the politically correct things, I hate that....
The army sacrificed our soldiers for what some BS? and I should fall into the same BS? No way.
That man should have been removed end of story...That is my spirit...Right there.

oceanblueeyes
11-14-2009, 10:06 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...errorists.html

<<<SNIP>>>
Five of the 13 victims were fellow mental health professionals from three units of the army's Combat Stress Control Detachment, it was disclosed yesterday.

I have heard no one say he knew any of these people. Ft Hood has three mental health facilities. Even these 5 may have not known this monster. It has been the other psychiatrists at Walter Reed that have been vocal about Hasan, after the massacre, when he was at Walter Reed before he was transferred to Ft. Hood. He came to Ft Hood this year.

The Army Commander said at the last PC that he had not learned when Hasan was to have been deployed. I believe no units are being deployed until the first of the year. Being deployed or not had nothing to do with this, imo.

His dead victims run the gambit from 19 years old to 62 years old and so does their professional classifications. He did not discriminate, he tried to kill as many as he saw before he was brought down. These soldiers all had one thing in common, they were all United States Army except one who was a medical assistant and the only civilian.

Now none of this has anything to do with the soldiers who were massacred by a terrorist and whether they should receive the purple heart. EACH AND EVERYONE of them deserves this honor. They paid with their own blood. They represent America and freedom. They are no different than our other fallen heroes who are blown up by a suicide bomber. Terrorism is an act of war imo and it is those terrorists like Hasan that our fine men and women fight against every single day.

The Army wasn't the one investigating Hasan. It was the terrorist investigative team of the CIA. They never let the government or the Army know anything about Hasan and his ties to extremists. No one ever filed a complaint against him in the Army.

No one told anyone anything that was in the Army with him until it was already done.

I totally agree that political correctness is a bunch of BS. But it is the BS that has been pushed on America ever since 911 and our government still pushes it today.

I just don't understand your stance or logic that these unarmed soldiers who were massacred by an Islamic terrorist shouldn't be given the purple heart? What makes them undeserving of such a
medal?

imo

oceanblueeyes
11-14-2009, 10:30 PM
I agree with you, OBE.

IMO, if it saves live to hurt someone's feelings then so be it.
If people suspect radical muslims in the army, they shouldn't be afraid to say something due to political correctness.
We shouldn't call them "enemy combatants", we should call them "terrorists".
Hasan was a terrorist on American soil. There are more like him out there in different professions. I can only hope that they will be reported by people that notice "signs" of extremist muslims or their "charitable organizations" they donate to that are really having the proceeds go to terrorism.

If not being politically correct saves lives, then it is worth it.
Extremist Muslims will refer to all non-muslim in not politically correct terms.

Maybe this will be a wake up call, idk. I can only hope that people will report suspicions more..

My prayers for the victims and their families.
I think they should get purple hearts, they were attacked by a terrorist who started a small one man war on American soil while crying out about allah.

I agree. Somehow after 911 we have lost our way and our commonsense. It has left way too many afraid to speak up even when they should because they are so afraid they will be labeled bigots and prejudice.

We have got to return to the strict discipline and tough standards that our military has always implemented for over 200 years. I hope this is an eye opener and they have learned a hard lesson that in the military there is no place for political correctness.

I know countless military people and most of them likes the toughest "bulldog" Drill Sgt. of all because they learned they had to rise to expectations where the military code of conduct meant everything. There were no excuses, no matter who the person was or their rank or religion affiliation. It has to be one for all and all for one. (America)

And I do believe that major changes are being discussed left and right by the military branches since this has happened and they are also going to convey that message to their CIC, loud and clear.

imo

Woe.be.gone
11-23-2009, 03:16 PM
Yesterday I caught an update on HLN regarding Hasan's status which has been changed to pre-trial confinee and means he could be moved to another hospital or a military prison. His Lawyer, Col. John Galligan (RET.), stated that there was no immediate need to change Hasan's status and said something like -

the manner in which we treat Hasan will directly reflect the way the system of justice in our country is ultimately viewed in both the military and elsewhere.

So I'm thinking :twocents: we should shoot the guy and get it over with - is that this Lawyer's point?
Of course it isn't - un friggin believable.

Also the Lawyer stated that we should be concerned about the shooter's healing now; his tone being along the lines of we should just leave the poor guy alone. :banghead:

I'm feeling especially sorry for our young Soldiers now - not only are they expected to put their lives on the line for (? - too complicated to understand all the reasons) but they are expected to be able to judge the enemy's intentions prior to taking them prisoners. What the h? The result of any hesitation on their part while trying to follow orders is that our soldier gets killed. This is too much responsibility and too confusing for them - they need our support and backing. They need assurance that if they error on the side of caution for themselves, they will not be tried as criminals later. They are being put into a too tough situation (political correctness that stems from people who never were willing to put their own asses on the line imo). It is not fair imo. My heart goes out to all of our brave Soldiers and my prayer for them is to keep their sanity through this mess and know that the bulk of American people are behind them and recognize the nonsense. War is not pretty and NEWS FLASH there isn't a way to make it so.

Skittles
12-08-2009, 08:48 PM
"One of two civilian police officers who brought down the Army psychiatrist accused of going on a shooting rampage at Fort Hood said her wounds from the attack will cut short her career as street police officer.

Sgt. Kimberly Munley said doctors have told her she needs a total knee replacement, a surgery set for January, but that her new knee is likely to wear out sooner if she runs or carries the 15- to 25-pound gear pack required by her job."

More at:

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/nation_world/story/224091.html

Skittles
12-08-2009, 08:52 PM
"Ex-FBI director William Webster will conduct an independent review of the bureau's handling of information gathered about the Fort Hood shooting suspect before the deadly rampage, officials said Tuesday."

More at:

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/nation_world/story/231189.html

waltzingmatilda
12-15-2009, 11:53 AM
Sgt. Kimberly Munley has suffered a setback and may need bypass surgery due to circulation in her injured leg.

In a blog post Monday afternoon, Munley says she suffered a setback while preparing for knee replacement surgery next month. A doctor's visit today revealed that Munley is continuing to have circulation problems in her injured leg and that may lead to bypass surgery, according to Munley.

http://www.wect.com/Global/story.asp?S=11675648

Kim and her family are very dear friends of mine and I am so sad to learn of this setback. Please remember Kim and her family in your prayers.

wm

oceanblueeyes
12-17-2009, 11:03 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/FtHoodInvestigation/hasan-permanently-paralyzed-icu/story?id=9353524

Hasan Permanently Paralyzed, But Out of ICU

Nidal Hasan, the Army psychiatrist charged with murdering 13 people in last month's deadly Fort Hood shootings, has been left permanently paralyzed, but has recovered enough from his own wounds to be moved out of the intensive care unit.

Federal agents, military investigators and Texas Rangers are investigating whether the gun used in the Fort Hood massacre was purchased at the "Guns Galore" shop in Killeen, Texas, according to the store co-manager.

Salem
12-17-2009, 11:09 PM
When I file my taxes this year, I am putting a statement on them that not ONE CENT of my tax money shall go to this POS. NOT ONE CENT!!!!!!

Salem

Kat
10-05-2010, 06:41 PM
http://www.kdhnews.com/news/story.aspx?s=44972

Posted On: Tuesday, Oct. 5 2010 09:44 AM

Mental exam set for Fort Hood shooting suspect

The Army psychiatrist accused in last year's shooting rampage at Fort Hood is to have a mental evaluation before a key hearing to determine whether he will stand trial, a military commander ordered Monday.

More at link.

Kat
10-07-2010, 07:25 PM
http://www.kdhnews.com/news/story.aspx?s=45079

Posted On: Thursday, Oct. 7 2010 05:05 PM

Mental exam for Ft. Hood suspect blocked by lawyer

More at link.

Kat
07-09-2011, 06:19 PM
http://www.taiwannews.com.tw/etn/news_content.php?id=1648472

Fort Hood suspect's defense has few options

By ANGELA K. BROWN
Associated Press
2011-07-10 01:50 AM

Legal experts say Hasan, an Army psychiatrist, has few options.

He is going to trial for 13 counts of premeditated murder and 32 counts of attempted premeditated murder.

fran
07-17-2011, 02:16 PM
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/army-psychiatrist-charged-fort-hood-shooting-arraigned-next-150030248.html

Army psychiatrist charged in Fort Hood shooting to be arraigned next week in military court

Fri, 15 Jul, 2011

<<<<<<<<<<<<<article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Kat
04-19-2012, 01:00 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/judge-postpones-fort-hood-shooting-suspects-trial-from-june-to-august-on-texas-army-post/2012/04/18/gIQAJI6SRT_story.html

By Associated Press, Wednesday, April 18, 11:04 AM

Maj. Nidal Hasan’s court martial is now set to begin in August instead of June on the Texas Army post. The judge issued his ruling Wednesday.

Kat
06-08-2012, 06:59 PM
http://www.12newsnow.com/story/18738608/judge-reschedules-hasan-hearing-because-of-inappropriate-attire

Judge Reschedules Hasan Hearing Because of Disruptive Personal Appearance

Updated: Jun 08, 2012 10:10 AM

...(the judge says) "saying he feels that the things Hasan is doing is causing the trial to be delayed and is taking attention off the trial"

Rather brief article. Video at link I did not watch.

ETA: I watched it. Nasan "is cutting up" IMHO.

Kat
06-14-2012, 11:16 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/06/14/al-awlaki-used-dozens-email-accounts-to-reach-followers-including-hasan/

Published June 14, 2012

The American cleric Anwar al-Awlaki used more than 60 email addresses and sent several thousand emails to his followers, some with encryption and code words, while under FBI surveillance -- according to a five-month investigation by Fox News. Some of those emails were exchanged with accused Fort Hood shooter Maj. Nidal Hasan.

Kat
11-06-2012, 05:30 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/05/148-victims-family-members-sue-government-over-fort-hood-shooting/?intcmp=trending

148 victims, family members sue government over Fort Hood shooting

Published November 05, 2012

Associated Press

The lawsuit alleging negligence by the government said that the Defense Department is avoiding legal and financial responsibility for the killings by referring to the shootings as "workplace violence" rather than as a terrorist attack.

The group also is suing the estate of Anwar al-Awlaki, a radical U.S.-born Islamic cleric who the victims say inspired the Army psychiatrist, Maj. Nidal Hasan, to carry out the attack.

Kat
12-03-2012, 11:03 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/sns-rt-us-usa-crime-forthoodbre8b302l-20121203,0,1945364.story

Jim Forsyth

Reuters

7:39 p.m. CST, December 3, 2012

The top U.S. military appellate court on Monday ruled that the judge presiding over the case of an Army major charged with a 2009 massacre at Fort Hood, Texas is not impartial and ordered him removed.

waltzingmatilda
05-29-2013, 05:12 PM
http://www.wect.com/story/22449902/munley-is-concerned-for-victims-safety-during-accused-ft-hood-shooters-trial

joe jones
06-03-2013, 01:27 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/army-judge-to-decide-if-fort-hood-shooting-suspect-can-represent-himself-at-murder-trial/2013/06/03/13806d9a-cc4a-11e2-8573-3baeea6a2647_story.html?Post+generic=%3Ftid%3Dsm_t witter_washingtonpost

Judge allows him to represent himself

nursebeeme
08-06-2013, 09:05 AM
trial starts today!

nursebeeme
08-06-2013, 09:10 AM
checking to see if there is live stream or if wat will be covering...

Softail
08-06-2013, 10:38 AM
I haven't seen any links to a live stream anywhere. :maddening:

Softail
08-06-2013, 11:29 AM
Fort Hood shooter 'tried to kill as many soldiers as he could,' prosecutor says

The military trial for the Army psychiatrist accused in the 2009 Fort Hood shooting rampage began under heavy security on Tuesday at the Texas base, and it seems likely to unfold as a faceoff between the gunman and his victims.

A military prosecutor opened the trial by saying that Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan planned to "kill as many soldiers as he could."

Col. Steve Henricks said prosecutors would show that Hasan picked the date of the attack -- Nov. 5, 2009 -- for a specific reason, though Henricks didn't immediately reveal details.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/06/fort-hood-trial-brings-together-attacker-victims/#ixzz2bCfFAVqr

Softail
08-06-2013, 11:32 AM
Excerpts from Sanity Board evaluation on accused Fort Hood shooter Hasan

On the eve of his military trial, accused Fort Hood shooter Major Nidal Hasan has released portions of the Sanity Board report prepared in his case.

Documents at link: http://www.foxnews.com/us/interactive/2013/08/05/excerpts-from-sanity-board-evaluation-on-accused-fort-hood-shooter-hasan/

Softail
08-06-2013, 01:09 PM
Unrepentant Fort Hood shooter calls himself 'Mujahideen' at trial

"The evidence presented in this trial will only show one side, that I was on the wrong side, and then I switched sides," Hasan said. "We the Mujahideen are imperfect Muslims trying to establish the perfect religion in the land of the supreme god."

Hasan said "the evidence will clearly show that I am the shooter. The dead bodies will show that war is an ugly thing."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/06/fort-hood-trial-brings-together-attacker-victims/#ixzz2bD4DmQ5h

Coldpizza
08-06-2013, 02:01 PM
Maj. Hasan: Evidence will show 'I am the shooter'

FOLLOW UPDATES FROM JASON WHITELY IN FORT HOOD
FORT HOOD (WFAA/AP) — The Army psychiatrist accused in the deadliest mass shooting ever on a U.S. military installation told jurors Tuesday that evidence would "clearly show" he was the gunman during the attack on Fort Hood, but he insisted it wouldn't tell the whole story.
Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan briefly laid out his defense as he addressed jurors during the first day of the long-delayed trial for the attack that killed 13 people on the Texas Army post in 2009. Acting as his own attorney, Hasan also cited his religion but didn't elaborate.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/follow-live-major-nidal-hasan-shooting-fort-hood-jason-whitely-218511151.html#whitelyfh

Softail
08-07-2013, 11:38 AM
Hasan's Attorneys Motion to Stop Assisting

Standby attorneys for Maj. Nidal Hasan have filed a motion to cut ties with the accused Fort Hood shooter

NBC DFW ‏@NBCDFW 10m
#BREAKING Attorneys for #Hasan file motion to cut ties. Say Hasan is working to get death penalty http://bit.ly/1cbWM5a

KCENsophia ‏@KCENsophia 9m
Judge called 4 a closed hearing w defense to discuss Hasan's response to standby counsel's assertion he is seeking death #Hasan @KCENNews

KCEN News ‏@KCENNews 2m
There has been a new motion filed in the #Hasan trial which may prevent testimony to go on today as planned. Details: http://ow.ly/nIn75

Softail
08-07-2013, 11:41 AM
Hasan asks no questions of 1st Fort Hood victim

Retired Army sergeant shot seven times testifies

Updated: Wednesday, 07 Aug 2013, 9:12 AM CDT
Published : Wednesday, 07 Aug 2013, 9:08 AM CDT

FORT HOOD, Texas (AP) — Staff Sgt. Alonzo Lunsford had waited for the moment he would face the man who killed 13 of his colleagues in the 2009 massacre at Fort Hood. He'd prepared to confront Maj. Nidal Hasan, vowing to answer questions without fear in his heart.

A showdown, however, never happened.

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/texas/hasan-asks-no-questions-of-1st-fort-hood-victim

Softail
08-07-2013, 11:51 AM
Hasan's standby attorneys ask for control of case or to be removed

Posted on August 7, 2013 at 10:44 AM

FORT HOOD –– The standby defense attorneys for Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan's during his court martial asked the judge Wednesday to let them take over or reduce their role, arguing they are only assisting his attempt to be sentenced to death for the 2009 massacre on post.

“It became clear during his opening statements; his goal is to remove impediments to the death penalty and he is working towards a death penalty,” said Col. Kris Poppe during the second day of testimony in the case.

“You honor, I object,” Hasan replied. “That’s a twist to the facts.”

http://www.wfaa.com/news/texas-news/Hasans-standby-attorneys-ask-for-control-of-case-or-to-be-removed-218689031.html

Softail
08-07-2013, 11:55 AM
Fort Hood Shootings ‏@FtHoodShootings 26s
Court cancelled for rest of the day. Will resume 9 am tomorrow. Apparently there want a quick solution. #hasan #forthood

Austin Statesman ‏@statesman 19s
MT @FtHoodShootings: Court cancelled for rest of the day. Will resume 9 am tomorrow. Apparently there wasnt a quick solution.

Coldpizza
08-08-2013, 06:59 AM
Nidal Hasan hopes for death in Fort Hood killings, lawyers say

Fort Hood, Texas (CNN) -- The backup legal team for admitted Fort Hood gunman Maj. Nidal Hasan asked to withdraw from active participation in the case Wednesday, telling a judge that Hasan wants to be sentenced to death.
The request brought Hasan's court-martial to a screeching halt on what would have been the second day of testimony. The presiding judge, Col. Tara Osborn, recessed court until Thursday to hold a closed-door hearing with Hasan and his lawyers.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/07/justice/hasan-court-martial

Softail
08-08-2013, 10:02 AM
My personal opinion is "who cares?" if he wants the death penalty. I say give it to him. :maddening:

Judge deciding if Hasan seeking death
Assisting lawyers say defendant dooming his case

Updated: Thursday, 08 Aug 2013, 8:50 AM CDT
Published : Thursday, 08 Aug 2013, 8:38 AM CDT
NOMAAN MERCHANT and PAUL J. WEBBER, ,Associated Press

FORT HOOD, Texas (AP) — A U.S. military judge could decide Thursday whether the Army psychiatrist accused in the 2009 shooting rampage at Fort Hood is trying to guarantee himself a death sentence.

Defense attorneys ordered to help Nidal Hasan as he represents himself during his murder trial say they believe he is trying to convince jurors to convict him. After only one day of testimony, the lawyers said they couldn't watch him fulfill a death wish.

That strategy "is repugnant to defense counsel and contrary to our professional obligations," Hasan's lead standby attorney, Lt. Col. Kris Poppe, told the judge on Wednesday. The judge then halted the trial for the day.

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/texas/judge-deciding-if-hasan-seeking-death

Softail
08-08-2013, 10:14 AM
Austin Statesman ‏@statesman 2m
RT @FtHoodShootings: BREAKING: Judge denies standby counsel motion to restrict their roles. Trial will continue as before.

Jason Whitely ‏@JasonWhitely 2m
#DEVELOPING: “Standby counsel may not agree with the way the accused is proceeding,” judge said. "But #Hasan determines his strategy."

Softail
08-08-2013, 10:33 AM
Fort Hood Shootings ‏@FtHoodShootings 36s
Things got heated as defense attorneys ask for judge's order to be stayed while appeals court rules. Voices raised. #Hasan

Austin Statesman ‏@statesman 51s
Update: RT @FtHoodShootings: More chaos: defense attorneys say they will appeal judge's decision, appear to have drawn line in sand. #hasan

KCENsophia ‏@KCENsophia 3m
Standby defense calls being forced to help #Hasan achieve a death sentence "morally repugnant."

Softail
08-08-2013, 12:23 PM
KCENsophia ‏@KCENsophia 4m
#Hasan has not opted to question any of the wounded in the trial so far @KCENNews

Harmony2
08-08-2013, 12:36 PM
Survivor of Fort Hood mass shooting to testify Friday

video at link:

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/survivor-fort-hood-mass-shooting-testify-friday/nZHNG/

Softail
08-08-2013, 02:10 PM
:rolleyes: At 1st tweet.

alex villarreal ‏@alexonFOX7 3m
For 1st time today, Maj. Nidal #Hasan objects 2 witness testimony. Asks judge 2 remind witness she's under oath. Witness sticks to testimony

Fort Hood Shootings ‏@FtHoodShootings 1m
#Hasan objected when witness described victim yell out "Please don't, please don't. My baby, my baby."

Softail
08-08-2013, 02:46 PM
Chris Sadeghi ‏@chrissadeghi 2m
After #Hasan exited, nurses began to triage. To focus on soldiers who still needed help, Guerra marked foreheads of the dead w/ black "X"

Chris Sadeghi ‏@chrissadeghi 3m
As she told of the shooting, #Hasan objected & told judge to remind Guerra she's under oath. She was reminded, yet did not change testimony.

Chris Sadeghi ‏@chrissadeghi 5m
She said two soldiers tried to rush #Hasan while he was reloading, but he reloaded so fast & shot them.

Jason Whitely ‏@JasonWhitely 58s
#Hasan trial breaks for lunch. Back at 145p. 24 witnesses have testified for prosecutors. Hasan has not cross-examined anyone today.

Jason Whitely ‏@JasonWhitely 4m
Today was the most emotional yet in the #Hasan trial. Survivors of the massacre recall that day in vivid detail. Several teared up. Me, too.

Softail
08-08-2013, 04:19 PM
I feel so bad for all of these victims that have to look at the POS today! :cry:

Chris Sadeghi ‏@chrissadeghi 6m
Private Lance Aviles was in the SRP during attack. Asked if he saw shooter in courtroom today.... "He look like s***, but I see him." #Hasan

Softail
08-08-2013, 06:45 PM
Soldiers recall the Fort Hood gunfire

Two who were wounded testify at trial
Updated: Thursday, 08 Aug 2013, 5:21 PM CDT
Published : Thursday, 08 Aug 2013, 8:38 AM CDT
Chris Sadeghi

FORT HOOD, Texas (KXAN) - A soldier wounded in the 2009 shooting rampage on Fort Hood nearly four years ago offered a chilling account of the gunfire that left 15 dead.

“I realized (the shots) were a lot louder than what a pop gun should sound like,” said Sgt. Allen Carroll testified in the murder trial of Maj. Nidal Hasan, who admitted firing the shots and now faces the death penalty. “Then I felt a sharp pain in my shoulder.”

The testimony from one of the two soldiers who hit by gunfire who spoke in court on Thursday was the highlight of trial that began this week at the Central Texas Army post

Also, a day after defense counsel for Hasan asked to have their roles modified, Judge Tara Osborn ruled they will stay on in their current capacity.

The ruling was met with protest from Col. Kris Poppe, who is among military lawyers assisting in the defense. Poppe informed the judge he and the team would file a writ appealing her ruling that they feel requires them to violate their rules of conduct as defense attorneys.

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/texas/judge-deciding-if-hasan-seeking-death?ref=scroller&categoryId=10001&status=true

Softail
08-09-2013, 12:57 PM
'D' written on those killed in Fort Hood shooting

Soldiers recalls horror on Army post
Updated: Friday, 09 Aug 2013, 10:28 AM CDT
Published : Friday, 09 Aug 2013, 10:25 AM CDT
NOMAAN MERCHANT and PAUL J. WEBBER,Associated Press

FORT HOOD, Texas (AP) — The soldier knew she had to decide quickly who she could save, so she grabbed a black marker and wrote a "D'' on the foreheads of the dead. To people lingering over those killed amid the chaos of the 2009 shooting rampage at Fort Hood, she shouted: "You need to move on!"

Sgt. 1st Class Maria Guerra recalled those moments while testifying Thursday during the trial of Maj. Nidal Hasan. The Army psychiatrist is charged with killing 13 people and wounding more than 30 others during a rampage at the sprawling Texas military base.

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/texas/d-written-on-those-killed-in-fort-hood-shooting

Softail
08-09-2013, 06:48 PM
Day's horrors relived at Fort Hood trial

Some hit the ground and pretended to play dead
Updated: Friday, 09 Aug 2013, 5:34 PM CDT
Published : Friday, 09 Aug 2013, 10:25 AM CDT
Chris Sadeghi

FORT HOOD, Texas (AP) - Some still have bullets from the attack inside their bodies. But the survivors of the Nov. 5, 2009 ,shooting returned to Fort Hood to testify against Major Nidal Hasan and help paint a detailed picture of that day.

“Somebody stood up and yelled ‘Allah Akbar’ and then a gun was pointed at my head” said Capt. Brandy Mason. “I thought ‘are you kidding me? Training in the middle of SRP?’”

Almost all of the nearly three dozen witnesses testifying about the attack said they thought the initial gunfire was simply a training exercise.

For some, not even getting shot was enough for them to realize what was going on.

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/texas/d-written-on-those-killed-in-fort-hood-shooting

Softail
08-12-2013, 06:17 PM
Fort Hood shooting trial moving at rapid pace

Proceedings enter second week at Texas Army post

Updated: Monday, 12 Aug 2013, 4:39 PM CDT
Published : Monday, 12 Aug 2013, 8:31 AM CDT
NOMAAN MERCHANT,Associated Press

FORT HOOD, Texas (AP) - Testimony has been moving so quickly during the military trial of the soldier accused in the 2009 Fort Hood shooting rampage that the judge decided to give jurors extra time on Monday in between witnesses to finish their notes.

Maj. Nidal Hasan is acting as his own attorney during the trial at the Texas military base, where he is accused of killing 13 people and injuring more than 30 others in November 2009. If convicted, he could face the death penalty.

But he has mostly sat silent during the trial, enabling prosecutors to call more than 50 witnesses in less than four days.

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/texas/hasan-silent-so-far-amid-fort-hood-shooting-trial

Softail
08-13-2013, 01:20 PM
KCENsophia ‏@KCENsophia 7m
So far 2 FBI evidence response team members have testified today #Hasan @KCENNews

KCENsophia ‏@KCENsophia 8m
FBI Investigators ran out of tents to mark evidence. They only had 100, so they had to use stickers #Hasan @KCENNews

Philip Jankowski ‏@KDHcrime 8m
FBI agent said they ran out of evidence markers and had to use post-it notes. "Is that common?" Prosecutor asked. Agent: "no." #hasan

Softail
08-13-2013, 04:23 PM
Investigator describes gruesome scene at Fort Hood

Meanwhile, Hasan says he'd be a martyr if executed
Updated: Tuesday, 13 Aug 2013, 2:16 PM CDT
Published : Tuesday, 13 Aug 2013, 11:11 AM CDT

FORT HOOD, Texas (AP) — A federal investigator who responded to the 2009 shooting rampage at Fort Hood says the crime scene was gruesome, with bodies and medical equipment "all over the floor."

FBI Special Agent Susan Martin testified Tuesday during the trial of Maj. Nidal Hasan. He's accused of killing 13 people and wounding more than 30 others in the attack at the Texas military base.

Martin says agents found hundreds of pieces of evidence, including 146 shell casings and six magazines, inside the building where the shootings took place.

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/texas/hasan-i-would-still-be-a-martyr-if-executed

Softail
08-14-2013, 09:00 AM
Updated: 7:56 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 14, 2013 | Posted: 7:39 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 14, 2013

New details released in Hasan mental health report

By Jeremy Schwartz

American-Statesman Staff

FORT HOOD —

The court-martial of Maj. Nidal Hasan is midway through its second week, but the biggest news is coming from a two-year-old document that the Army psychiatrist released to the New York Times.

Earlier this week, Hasan, through his civilian lawyer John Galligan, gave the newspaper three pages of his 2011 sanity board report, the result of an examination of Hasan’s mental capacities by military mental health professionals. Hasan had previously released portions of the 49-page report to Fox News, but nothing as gripping as his latest release.

As we wrote in today’s Statesman, Hasan told examiners he sought to “take out as many (soldiers) as I could before I got stopped” and viewed the injuries he sustained as a “badge of honor.” He also said that despite not dying in the attack, he would still be a “martyr” even if he died by lethal injection.

Granted the statements are more than two years old, but they certainly seem to buttress his defense attorneys’ claim that he is not trying to avoid a death sentence.

http://www.statesman.com/news/news/local/hasans-state-of-mind-detailed-in-report-as-court-m/nZNxn/

Softail
08-14-2013, 12:29 PM
High emotions, little spectacle at Fort Hood trial

Swift finish seen as more likely now
Updated: Wednesday, 14 Aug 2013, 8:44 AM CDT
Published : Wednesday, 14 Aug 2013, 8:44 AM CDT
NOMAAN MERCHANT and PAUL J. WEBER,Associated Press

FORT HOOD, Texas (AP) — Maj. Nidal Hasan hasn't made disruptive outbursts while on trial for the worst mass shooting ever on a U.S. military base. When soldiers testify how the Army psychiatrist shot and left them for dead in the 2009 rampage at Fort Hood, he doesn't provoke tensions by asking them questions.

For a long-awaited trial that figured to dramatically unfold over months, a swift finish without spectacle now seems more likely inside the small military courtroom where the proceedings are playing out with military precision.
U.S. courts have seen America-disavowing suspects turn legal proceedings into circuses. Terrorist conspirator Zacarias Moussaoui, who was charged in the Sept. 11 attacks, was an often volatile figure in court and was removed several times. But at Fort Hood, where the courthouse is fortified with blast-buffering blockades and soldiers standing guard with assault rifles, the atmosphere — and the defendant — are largely muted.

Soldiers stoically relay vivid memories of holding their dying comrades, feeling the sting of a bullet or slipping in blood as a gunman opened fire inside a crowded medical building on the sprawling Texas military base. But aside from some witnesses staring down Hasan, and one muttering an expletive, witnesses have kept their emotions at bay.

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/texas/high-emotions-little-spectacle-at-fort-hood-trial

Softail
08-15-2013, 06:14 PM
Soldier shot 12 times during Fort Hood rampage

By MICHAEL GRACZYK and NOMAAN MERCHANT, Associated Press
Updated: Thursday, August 15, 2013, 12:51 PM CDT
Published: Thursday, August 15, 2013, 12:51 PM CDT

FORT HOOD, Texas (AP) — A medical examiner says a soldier killed during the 2009 shooting rampage at Fort Hood suffered a dozen gunshot wounds that indicate he was trying to charge the gunman.

Lt. Col. Phillip Berran testified Thursday during the military trial of Maj. Nidal Hasan.

http://www.kxan.com/news/soldier-shot-12-times-during-fort-hood-rampage

Softail
08-19-2013, 07:38 AM
Prosecutors push motive in Hasan trial

Updated: Sunday, August 18, 2013, 3:56 PM CDT
Published: Sunday, August 18, 2013, 3:56 PM CDT

FORT HOOD, Texas (AP) - Prosecutors' case against the Army psychiatrist accused in the 2009 shooting rampage at Fort Hood is nearing its end. But it's unclear how much jurors will get to hear about any alleged motives.

http://www.kxan.com/news/prosecutors-push-motive-in-hasan-trial

katydid23
08-19-2013, 08:07 AM
Too bad we couldn't bring back the firing squad, for a few key cases. :angel:

Softail
08-19-2013, 08:25 AM
Too bad we couldn't bring back the firing squad, for a few key cases. :angel:

No kiddin'!!!! If anyone deserved it, he does for sure. :stormingmad:

Salem
08-19-2013, 10:39 AM
Why are they still referring to this whatever as a major? Surely he has been stripped of his rank by now?

Salem

Softail
08-19-2013, 01:04 PM
Judge bars most motive evidence in Fort Hood trial

By MICHAEL GRACZYK and PAUL J. WEBER, Associated Press
Updated: Monday, August 19, 2013, 10:59 AM CDT
Published: Monday, August 19, 2013, 7:12 AM CDT

FORT HOOD, Texas (AP) — The judge overseeing the Fort Hood shooting trial has blocked prosecutors from using several witnesses and most evidence they'd sought to explain the motive behind the 2009 attack.

Col. Tara Osborn made the ruling Monday during the military trial of Maj. Nidal Hasan. He's accused of killing 13 people and wounding more than 30 others at the Texas military base.

http://www.kxan.com/news/prosecutors-want-to-argue-hasans-motive

Softail
08-19-2013, 01:08 PM
Why are they still referring to this whatever as a major? Surely he has been stripped of his rank by now?

Salem

Unfortunately no he has not lost that rank yet. :maddening: They keep referring to this trial as his court-martial trial. :rolleyes: It is sickening how careful they have to be, so that they don't violate any of his rights. :puke:

Softail
08-20-2013, 12:09 PM
Hasan's chance to present case coming soon

Updated: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 9:02 AM CDT
Published: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 9:02 AM CDT

FORT HOOD, Texas (AP) — Maj. Nidal Hasan, accused in the 2009 shooting rampage at Fort Hood that killed 13 and wounded dozens, is about to get his best chance yet to explain his actions — though whether he will seize the opportunity remains to be seen.

With military prosecutors set to rest their case as soon as Tuesday, the Army psychiatrist, who is acting as his own attorney, will be allowed to put on a defense.

But Hasan has kept mostly silent for two weeks as military prosecutors called more than 80 witnesses to testify about the attack on the Texas Army post, making whether he will take the witness stand in his own defense a key question for the remaining proceedings.

Hasan, an American-born Muslim, began the trial by telling jurors that he was the gunman, and he has leaked documents during the trial seeking to justify the shootings as a defense of this faith.

John Galligan, Hasan's former criminal lawyer who continues to assist Hasan, does not see an upside in testifying.

"Like anybody, he'll be cross-examined," Galligan said. "He's already admitted he's the shooter. I would expect prosecution would take him through all the evidence trying to show evidence of premeditation."

http://www.kxan.com/news/texas/hasans-chance-to-present-case-coming-soon

Softail
08-20-2013, 02:49 PM
Kevin Quinn ‏@kquinn001 3m
#Hasan trial recesses till tomorrow. Will he testify? See our live reports from Ft. Hood beginning at 4pm today on #abc13

Softail
08-20-2013, 02:54 PM
Army attorneys rest their case, Hasan prepares defense

Posted on August 20, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Updated today at 12:56 PM

FORT HOOD – After calling 89 witnesses over two weeks and two days, Army prosecutors have rested their case against Maj. Nidal Hasan but the admitted mass murderer will have to wait a day before presenting his own defense.

The judge, Col. Tara Osborn, refused to let Hasan present his defense until he meets face-to-face with the second of two witnesses he wants to dismiss.

That witness, Dr. Lewis Rambo, would speak to the merits of the case and pre-sentencing phase. But Hasan said he informed the prosecution two days ago that he no longer needs Rambo. The reason why was not given.

“I’m going to give you the opportunity to talk to him face-to-face,” the judge told Hasan.

“To waste his time being here when he has other professional responsibilities doesn’t seem fitting,” Hasan replied.

Still, the judge ordered the Army to bring Dr. Rambo to court to meet with Hasan, giving the accused every benefit of the doubt.

Hasan dismissed Rambo and another witness and suggested he does not plan to call anyone for his defense.

http://www.kvue.com/news/state/Suspect-in-Fort-Hood-shootings-waits-turn-in-court--220336641.html

Softail
08-21-2013, 09:52 AM
Fort Hood shooting trial focus shifts to Hasan

Updated: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 8:14 AM CDT
Published: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 8:11 AM CDT

FORT HOOD, Texas (AP) — Inside a Texas courthouse surrounded by bomb barricades, Army Maj. Nidal Hasan hasn't challenged the government's case that alleges how and why he committed the deadliest mass shooting on a U.S. military base in history.

Instead, outside his trial, Hasan has been telling reporters his side of the 2009 Fort Hood shooting rampage.

Those leaks to the press are among the signs that the Army psychiatrist, who is representing himself and was expected Wednesday to begin presenting his defense, might offer no defense at all in court before jurors weigh his guilt or innocence on charges of killing 13 people and wounding more than 30 others.

http://www.kxan.com/news/texas/fort-hood-shooting-trial-focus-shifts-to-hasan

Softail
08-21-2013, 10:30 AM
Fort Hood Shootings ‏@FtHoodShootings 7m
Judge says Hasan jurors will begin deliberations Thursday. #hasan #forthoodshootings

Fort Hood Shootings ‏@FtHoodShootings 21m
Hasan rests without presenting a case. "The defense rests" is all he said. #forthood #hasan

Softail
08-21-2013, 10:53 AM
Hasan waives defense in Fort Hood case; closing arguments Thursday

by JASON WHITELY / WFAA
kvue.com
Posted on August 21, 2013 at 7:24 AM
Updated today at 9:30 AM

FORT HOOD – Maj. Nidal Hasan chose not to present a defense Wednesday morning to the massive amount of evidence and eyewitness testimony prosecutors levied against him over the last 11 days.

Hasan could have testified and taken the stand himself, though he would have had to ask himself questions and answer them. If he took the stand himself, Hasan would have been subject to cross-examination by Army attorneys.

Tuesday on the judge’s orders, Hasan met with Dr. Lewis Rambo, a religious conversion expert from the San Francisco Theological Seminary. Hasan originally planned to call Rambo as his only defense witness but opted against it.

Still, judge Col. Tara Osborn, gave Hasan every benefit and wanted him to talk to Rambo face-to-face.

With Hasan presenting no defense, closing arguments are next. The court will be back in session Thursday at 9 a.m.

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/Ft-Hood-Trial-turns-over-to-the-defense-220487851.html

Softail
08-22-2013, 08:28 AM
Jury in Fort Hood rampage trial set to deliberate

Associated Press
Posted on August 22, 2013 at 7:03 AM
Updated today at 7:03 AM

FORT HOOD, Texas (AP) — Army Maj. Nidal Hasan is sending only a single piece of evidence to the jury room when deliberations likely start Thursday about whether he is guilty of the 2009 shooting rampage at Fort Hood: an evaluation from his boss that called him a good soldier.

Then there's the trove military prosecutors are handing over.

Pill bottles that rattle with bullets removed from soldiers. Photos of Hasan prowling the outside of a Fort Hood medical building with a gun during the shooting. Jurors can even handle that gun, an FN 5.7 semi-automatic pistol, which Hasan volunteered belonged to him during the 12-day trial.

In all, the U.S government produced more than 700 pieces of evidence against Hasan, who hasn't put up a fight against charges that he killed 13 people and wounded more than 30 others in the deadliest mass shooting ever on a U.S. military base.

Yet on the eve of the expected start of jury deliberations, Hasan perked up Wednesday when talking about what he said all that evidence doesn't show — that the attack he admits to carrying out was somehow impulsive.

"I would like to agree with the prosecution that it wasn't done under the heat of sudden passion," Hasan said. "There was adequate provocation — that these were deploying soldiers that were going to engage in an illegal war."

Hasan, an American-born Muslim, has been unapologetic about saying the rampage was necessary to protect Muslim insurgents abroad from American soldiers preparing for combat in Iraq and Afghanistan.

His comments Wednesday were not made before jurors, but instead came during a hearing over whether they should be able to consider a conviction of voluntary manslaughter. Hasan is charged with premeditated murder and could face the death sentence if convicted.

Both Hasan and prosecutors balked at making a conviction on the lesser charge an option.

http://www.kvue.com/news/national/220621731.html

Softail
08-22-2013, 09:37 AM
KCENsophia ‏@KCENsophia 6m
We could have a verdict in the #Hasan case today. Closing arguments start in 30 minutes @KCENNews

Softail
08-22-2013, 11:17 AM
Calvert Collins ‏@CalvertFOX4 6m
Prosecutors will give an hour-long closing argument (including power point with victims' pictures), then #Hasan will give his.

Fort Hood Shootings ‏@FtHoodShootings 6m
#Hasan objected to prosecutors putting photos of deceased in their closing powerpoint that had not been intro'd as evidence; judge overruled

Softail
08-22-2013, 01:27 PM
Casey Stegall ‏@caseystegall 5m
BREAKING: #Hasan just told the court he will NOT present a closing argument. @FoxNews

Softail
08-22-2013, 01:41 PM
Chris Sadeghi ‏@chrissadeghi 7m
Jury panel will take a lunch recess and return at 1:45 pm to begin their deliberations. The lunch break was requested by panel. #Hasan

Softail
08-22-2013, 06:27 PM
We've been summoned to the courthouse. Unclear if it is the verdict or if jurors need more time. #hasan

They are calling us back in, don't know if it's for a verdict or to release for the day #Hasan @KCENNews

katydid23
08-22-2013, 06:30 PM
I bet they have a verdict. How long could this one take. DUH. :doh:

Softail
08-22-2013, 06:34 PM
I bet they have a verdict. How long could this one take. DUH. :doh:

I agree! No brainer on this. This entire trial makes me so mad, on so many levels! :maddening:

Softail
08-22-2013, 06:41 PM
Calvert Collins ‏@CalvertFOX4 2m
Court will resume at 5:45 pm, not sure if the #Hasan jury panel has a verdict or is recessing for the day. Stay tuned! #FOX4

Softail
08-22-2013, 06:47 PM
Chris Sadeghi ‏@chrissadeghi 39s
No verdict yet in #Hasan trial. Jury just had questions for the judge about exhibits.

KXAN News ‏@KXAN_News 1m
Jury in #Hasan trial had two questions. No verdict yet.

:doh:

Softail
08-22-2013, 06:53 PM
Ashley Goudeau ‏@AshleyG_KVUE 18s
#Hasan jury has 2 questions about Officer Mark Todd's statement. He took Hasan down, couldn't verbally testify due to injury

Ken Kalthoff ‏@KenKalthoffNBC5 1m
#hasan #forthood jury question concerns testimony of police officer Mark Todd who did not appear, but had a statement read in court@NBCDFW

Philip Jankowski ‏@KDHcrime 1m
Prosecution now rereading Todd's stipulated testimony to jury. #Hasan #FortHood.

Softail
08-22-2013, 07:01 PM
Fort Hood Shootings ‏@FtHoodShootings 2m
Jury recesses for the day without verdict. Deliberations will continue Friday morning. #hasan #fort hood

After hearing the statement from Mark Todd read in court again, jury panel asked for recess. We are done for today. Be back Friday AM #Hasan

Softail
08-23-2013, 09:03 AM
Jurors weigh Hasan's fate at Ft. Hood

By Will Weissert Paul J. Weber
Updated: Friday, August 23, 2013, 6:28 AM CDT
Published: Friday, August 23, 2013, 6:28 AM CDT

FORT HOOD, Texas (AP) - Military jurors are set to begin a second day of deliberations in the case of the Army soldier charged in the 2009 shooting rampage at Fort Hood.

http://www.kxan.com/news/texas/jurors-weigh-hasans-fate-at-ft-hood

Softail
08-23-2013, 01:00 PM
We've been called back to courtroom for possible verdict. #hasan #forthood

KTEM ‏@1400KTEM 5m
#Hasan trial jury returning to court --could be for lunch or verdict.

Softail
08-23-2013, 01:11 PM
Ken Kalthoff ‏@KenKalthoffNBC5 4m
#hasan #forthood 2 questions from jury @NBCDFW

Ken Kalthoff ‏@KenKalthoffNBC5 2m
#hasan #forthood jury wants an ink pen and clean copy of verdict worksheet. Seems they may be close to a decision. @NBCDFW

Chris Sadeghi ‏@chrissadeghi 4m
No verdict at #Hasan. Panel just had questions. Wait continues.

Chris Sadeghi ‏@chrissadeghi 51s
Panel wanted to correct member's middle initial that was incorrect. Also, an ink blot bled out on the findings worksheet. #Hasan

Chris Sadeghi ‏@chrissadeghi 21s
Those issues show just how closely the panel is grooming over the charges and documents. They also had question about charge wording. #Hasan

Ashley Goudeau ‏@AshleyG_KVUE 24s
#Hasan jury had two questions 1) typo on the worksheet they fill out 2) clarification on rules of finding guilt/innocence on the worksheet

Softail
08-23-2013, 01:23 PM
Ashley Goudeau ‏@AshleyG_KVUE 36s
BREAKING: #Hasan jury is supposed to be coming back in any minute now.

#hasan #forthood jury coming back to court again in minutes. @NBCDFW

Chris Sadeghi ‏@chrissadeghi 1m
We are hearing everyone has been asked to stay in place at courthouse and the jury could be back momentarily. Will update as we know. #Hasan

Softail
08-23-2013, 01:35 PM
Ken Kalthoff ‏@KenKalthoffNBC5 32s
#hasan #forthood jury has a verdict @NBCDFW

Casey Stegall ‏@caseystegall 28s
BREAKING: Verdict has been reached in #Hasan court martial at Fort Hood. More info shortly. @FoxNews

Softail
08-23-2013, 01:37 PM
Ken Kalthoff ‏@KenKalthoffNBC5 59s
#hasan #forthood guilty unanimous on all counts @NBCDFW

Chris Sadeghi ‏@chrissadeghi 51s
#Hasan is unanimously guilty on all charges. Sentencing will begin Monday.

Coldpizza
08-23-2013, 01:45 PM
Many thanks Softail for keeping us updated!

katydid23
08-23-2013, 01:59 PM
Glad to hear it. :jail:

Softail
08-23-2013, 02:05 PM
Many thanks Softail for keeping us updated!

You are quite welcome.

I feel torn about the sentencing. I think everyone knew it would be guilty. As much as I want him to get the DP, I don't want him to get it! :waitasec:

He wants it so he can be a martyr. So, in that case I don't want him to get it.

He deserves it, so I do want him to get it! :sigh:

Guess we will find out on Monday.

Softail
08-26-2013, 09:46 AM
Hasan now awaits life-or-death decision

By Chris Sadeghi
Updated: Monday, August 26, 2013, 8:11 AM CDT
Published: Monday, August 26, 2013, 8:11 AM CDT

FORT HOOD, Texas (KXAN) - The foregone conclusion is now official and out of the way. Now comes a decision that will be wide-open for debate.

A jury panel surprised no one on Friday when it unanimously convicted Army Maj. Nidal Hasan on all of the 45 counts he faced for the deadly Nov 5, 2009, attack on Fort Hood.

But an appropriate punishment for those crimes hardly holds a consensus opinion among those close to the case, including the victims themselves. Hasan can either be given the death penalty or life in prison without parole.

http://www.kxan.com/news/texas/hasan-now-awaits-life-or-death-decision

Softail
08-26-2013, 02:24 PM
.D. Miles ‏@jdmiles11 6m
Odd moment during #Hasan court martial after tearful mother testifies about dead son Hasan interjects "Your honor I move we break for lunch"

:maddening:

J.D. Miles ‏@jdmiles11 10m
This is by far the most emotional gut wrenching day of #Hasan trial widows testfy about suicide attempts injured soldiers about lives ruined

KWTX News 10 ‏@kwtx 3m
#hasan requests to break early for lunch after multiple recess requests, judge ignores him & calls more witnesses

Softail
08-26-2013, 07:52 PM
Heartbreaking testimony in sentencing phase for Hasan

by MARK WIGGINS / KVUE News and photojournalist SCOTT MCKENNEY
Bio | Email | Follow: @MarkW_KVUE
kvue.com

Posted on August 26, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Updated today at 6:20 PM

AUSTIN -- The slow walk to the military courtroom Monday morning marked the first steps in a slow and painful journey through the heartbreak that began with that November afternoon in 2009.

After convicting Army Maj. Nidal Hasan of 13 counts of murder and 32 counts of attempted murder in the brutal rampage on Fort Hood, a military panel will now determine his fate. On the first day of the court martial sentencing phase, a dozen witnesses took the stand.

"They were comprised of widows, parents and fellow soldiers who gave witness to the losses they and their families have suffered as a result of the shooting," Fort Hood and III Corps public affairs chief Chris Haug told media Monday.

Among those testifying was Staff Sgt. Patrick Zeigler, who suffered four gunshot wounds, including one in the head. Walking up to the witness box with great difficulty, Zeigler described how surgeons removed 20 percent of his brain, leaving him with the cognitive faculties of a high school student.

Angela Rivera, the widow of 52-year old psychiatrist and Army Maj. Eduardo Caraveo, choked back sobs as she described her horror when news of the shooting broke. After her husband's death she said one of her daughters became suicidal.

http://www.kvue.com/news/Heartbreaking-testimony-marks-beginning-of-sentencing-phase-for-Hasan-221232141.html

Softail
08-27-2013, 09:39 AM
Philip Jankowski ‏@KDHcrime 18h
In case you were wondering, Nidal #Hasan is still paid $7,283.70 a month from the Army. #FortHood

Fort Hood Shootings ‏@FtHoodShootings 32s
Judge Osborn: Yesterday's delay due to #Hasan's "personal hygiene" issues. We are back on track.

Softail
08-27-2013, 12:41 PM
Fort Hood Shootings ‏@FtHoodShootings 2m
BREAKING: Prosecution has rested. #Hasan will present his defense after lunch. Unclear if he will take the stand.

J.D. Miles ‏@jdmiles11 1m
#Hasan prosecution rests. Hasan says he will not call witness but could testify himself when court martial resumes at 1:30

Fort Hood Shootings ‏@FtHoodShootings 1m
Final prosecution witnesses describe collateral damage of shootings: divorce, PTSD, alcoholism, families torn apart. #hasan

#Hasan says he'll not present evidence or call witnesses. He can still make an unsworn statement and testify himself. We'll find out at 2pm

#Hasan trial resumes at 2p. He will not call any witnesses. Told the judge he didnt need extra prep time after all.

Softail
08-27-2013, 03:22 PM
Markeya Thomas ‏@MarkeyaThomas 3m
Court is in recess until tomorrow morning at 9 am. #Hasan

All #Hasan said was "the defense rests." Court in recess until tomorrow for instructions for deliberations @KCENNews

Chris Sadeghi ‏@chrissadeghi 3m
NO STATEMENT from #Hasan. Defense rests. Jury has been released for the day.

Jason Whitely ‏@JasonWhitely 3m
DEVELOPING: #Hasan waives final chance for an argument and does NOT present one. Closing, deliberations begin tomorrow. No verdict today.

Softail
08-28-2013, 09:26 AM
Fort Hood Shootings ‏@FtHoodShootings 12m
Today's preview: closing arguments, deliberation and possible sentencing: http://www.statesman.com/news/news/local/closing-arguments-to-begin-in-hasan-trial/nZfJG/ … #hasan #forthood

Softail
08-28-2013, 11:22 AM
PROSECUTORS on #Hasan: “He is not giving his life. We are taking his life. This is not his gift to God. This is death to society.”

J.D. Miles ‏@jdmiles11 2m
#Hasan offers no closing prosecutors say "he will never be a martyr, he's a cold blooded killer"

PROSECUTORS on #Hasan: “You should not punish him for his religion. You should punish him for his hate.”

Chris Sadeghi ‏@chrissadeghi 1m
“Do not offer what you don’t own. Never give what is not yours. He'll not be a martyr because he has nothing to give.” #Hasan prosecution

#hasan makes no closing statement in #forthood trial @NBCDFW

Chris Sadeghi ‏@chrissadeghi 44m
"Death." The 1st word of prosecution closing. "He was trained as a doctor to save lives, but on Nov. 5, he only dealt death.” #hasan

Ken Kalthoff ‏@KenKalthoffNBC5 32s
#hasan jury now to receive instructions before they consider a death sentence in #forthood shooting trial day 17 @NBCDFW

Softail
08-28-2013, 11:54 AM
KVUE News ‏@KVUE 4m
RT @AshleyG_KVUE: #Hasan gives no closing statement. Jury on break until 11am and will then start deliberating. #HasanTrial

Softail
08-28-2013, 01:28 PM
Hasan declines last chance to speak in own defense

By Chris Sadeghi
Updated: Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 11:14 AM CDT
Published: Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 8:37 AM CDT

FORT HOOD, Texas (KXAN) — Speaking slowly and deliberately, Colonel Michael Mulligan delivered a 45-minute closing statement that began with one word.

A word that was then repeated several times for the jury panel to ponder.

“Death.”

“He was trained as a doctor to save lives, but on November 5th, he dealt only death,” said Mulligan. “He dealt no compassion, he dealt no understanding, he dealt no exceptions. He dealt only death.”

Death is now the decision a jury must decide for Maj. Nidal Hasan, the army psychiatrist who shot and killed 13 people while wounding 31 more in the 2009 attack on Fort Hood. The jury was sent to deliberate the sentence at 11 a.m.

<modsnip>

http://www.kxan.com/news/texas/hasan-has-one-more-chance-to-speak-in-own-defense

Softail
08-28-2013, 02:26 PM
#DEVELOPING: #Hasan jurors have signaled to the judge they want to return. Uncertain if they have a question, concern, or verdict.

Ken Kalthoff ‏@KenKalthoffNBC5 2m
#forthood jury returning to court from #hasan sentence deliberation. Not clear yet if it is a decision or question. @NBCDFW

Jason Whitely ‏@JasonWhitely 1m
#DEVELOPING: The #Hasan jury could either deliver a verdict or ask for lunch. We'll know at 1:40p.

Softail
08-28-2013, 02:54 PM
Chris Sadeghi ‏@chrissadeghi 47s
Judge says she suspects sentence has been reached in #Hasan case.

Fort Hood Shootings ‏@FtHoodShootings 48s
BREAKING: It appears a sentence has been reached. Judge warning spectators not to make outbursts. #Hasan

Softail
08-28-2013, 02:58 PM
J.D. Miles ‏@jdmiles11 45s
#breaking Nidal #Hasan sentenced to death by court martial panel after 2 hours of deliberations

Shannon Wolfson ‏@ShannonWolfson 48s
BREAKING: Jury sentences Fort Hood shooter, Major Nidal Hasan, to DEATH.
#FortHood #Hasan @KXAN_News

Rose L. Thayer ‏@KDHmilitary 1m
#Hasan sentenced: death, forfeit pay and dismissed from service.

Jason Whitely ‏@JasonWhitely 1m
#BREAKING: The @USArmy will soon transfer #Hasan to the U.S. Disciplinary Barracks at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas to serve his sentence.

Chris Sadeghi ‏@chrissadeghi 57s
Judge Tara Osborn declares this court martial adjourned and slams down the gavel. #Hasan

Ashley Goudeau ‏@AshleyG_KVUE 29s
#Hasan had no reaction to verdict. He looked at the jury panel member as she read the verdict. Several members of panel stared at Hasan.

Amster
08-28-2013, 03:01 PM
Awesome...hope it doesn't take too long to dispatch him to hell.

Softail
08-28-2013, 03:12 PM
JasonWhitely: #BREAKING: The death sentence means #Hasan immediately loses his rank and will lose all pay and benefits in 14-days.

:waitasec: He should have lost this the day he murdered 13 people! :gavel:

Amster
08-28-2013, 03:24 PM
JasonWhitely: #BREAKING: The death sentence means #Hasan immediately loses his rank and will lose all pay and benefits in 14-days.

:waitasec: He should have lost this the day he murdered 13 people! :gavel:

Absolutely!!