PDA

View Full Version : Joe Neff (my dad) unsolved murder 14 May 2009 -no leads

Pages : 1 2 [3]

younggeo
02-17-2010, 07:14 AM
I know this adds nothing to the discussion in paticular, but growing up in that part of the state, Poteau area (especially Panama) was always considered to be a place that could be very dangerous.

wadahoot
02-18-2010, 01:34 AM
I know this adds nothing to the discussion in paticular, but growing up in that part of the state, Poteau area (especially Panama) was always considered to be a place that could be very dangerous.

In what way? I'm curious if it was something like 'old wive's tales' or campfire stories or just never spoken about, but you knew! What sort of things?

younggeo
02-19-2010, 01:37 PM
In what way? I'm curious if it was something like 'old wive's tales' or campfire stories or just never spoken about, but you knew! What sort of things?

Lots of gambling, drugs, & general criminal activity... this was 25 or 30 years ago...

Carolina Girl
02-23-2010, 06:17 PM
Bump for MMD

wfgodot
02-27-2010, 02:47 PM
Bumping...bumping.

missingmydad
03-18-2010, 11:53 PM
MMD ... just want to say how terribly sorry I am about your pain and the tremendous loss of your wonderful Father. Have read through this thread about your Dad and will read it again to make sure i'm digesting everything.

Justice does not always come swiftly, but it usually does come eventually. My stepfather was murdered and it took LE 13 years, but his "best friend" was ultimately tried, convicted of his murder, and died in prison. We always say, he didn't just kill our stepfather, he killed our Mother, who changed overnight from a bubbly, beautiful woman into a negative, paranoid and depressed person. DO NOT EVER LET THESE PEOPLE DO THIS TO YOU MMD !!

I wish you a blessed New Year, and will pray for justice for your beloved Father, for you, and for your family.

It is so hard to not let this ruin me. I have not returned to work yet. I used to be a people person, and now I wonder if I have talked with the killer. I can totally understand how this kind of tragedy can take your life. I am paranoid and I have been every since my dads murder. I am getting better. I have warned all my friends to never sneak up on me though. I worry that I would shoot first and ask questions later. I keep praying for strength, and the ability to get through this. I miss him so much. Thank you so much!!!

Kimster
03-18-2010, 11:56 PM
I was thinking about you this morning and was concerned we haven't heard from you, MMD! :hug:

Although I don't know what it would be like to be in your shoes at all, I do think I would be reacting just like you have been reacting. Are there any new leads at all? Are the detectives talking to you about things?

:praying: I will not stop praying. WE WANT JUSTICE!

missingmydad
03-19-2010, 12:34 AM
Marie, how are you doing?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1083&pictureid=9045

I make myself get up everyday and keep going, even though I don't want to sometimes. I really miss him a lot. It has been over 10 months, still no arrests. I pray that the killers will be arrrested very soon. I hate knowing that they are walking free and could kill again at anytime. Who might they kill next time? Someone out there knows information about my dads murder. I hope they realize that someone they love could be the next victim. They are also criminals for with-holding that information. I hope they are put in jail along with the killers. I hope the judgment they deserve comes quickly.:praying::praying::praying:

missingmydad
03-19-2010, 12:52 AM
MMD says she and her sister didn't know how much money was in the safe, so it really bugs me who DID know in order to inform LE how much was missing.

It has been stated in Jody's thread that she apparently knew the owners of "The Bar" in Poteau, and supposedly it was sold shortly after Jody went missing on May 5. Wondering if Joe was interested in buying that business, and somebody else didn't want that to happen.

Also, any idea how old Joe's gf is, and what her criminal record is for? She sure has been kept out of the picture for some reason. Gotta wonder who she knows :waitasec:

MOO

My dad did not want to buy another bar. He actually would have sold the Long Branch. It took up a lot of time, it was more of a hobby/hang out for him. The gf has another bf and has not been heard from in months. She is only a few years older than me, and I am 38. I think she is in her mid-40's. Her bf now is older as well.

missingmydad
03-19-2010, 01:19 AM
Would there be some reason Joe would have a larger than normal amount of cash in his safe?

Did he use a bank at all? I don't remember if that's been addressed. Strange for businessman not to -- JMO.

Was planning any large cash transactions (buying vehicle, loans to others, paydays, etc.)?

ETA
What kind of bar is the Long Branch Saloon?

Yes he did use the bank. No he was not planning any large transactions. The Long Branch was a karaoke bar, with 2 pool tables. The juke box had a variety of music with country and rock. He served popcorn and had other snacks available. They served beer and wine coolers only. Every Sunday my dad would cook for hours and take the food to the bar and let everyone eat for free. He would take deer chili, homemade stew, or BBQ brisket, he took all kinds of food. He never missed a Sunday. He cared about the people.

missingmydad
03-19-2010, 01:55 AM
regarding post 443 by sillybilly...

"BTW, anybody know what's with the red pickup truck that is behind the crime scene tape at one point, and then not behind the crime scene tape at another point in the same video in the following link?"

At the actual crime scene the vehicles behind the sheriffs tape are...the car belongs to the first customer and the red truck belongs to the gf. The OSBI checked both vehicles before they were released. No LE vehicle was taken behind the tape. The crime scene was discovered a bit before noon and Sheriffs and OSBI stayed until early the next morning collecting evidence and studying the crime scene.

sillybilly
03-19-2010, 02:14 AM
Hi mmd ... was just thinking about you and decided to check in, and here you are !! Hugs to you

sillybilly
03-19-2010, 02:15 AM
...the red truck belongs to the gf. The OSBI checked both vehicles before they were released. No LE vehicle was taken behind the tape. The crime scene was discovered a bit before noon and Sheriffs and OSBI stayed until early the next morning collecting evidence and studying the crime scene.

Do you happen to know if the gf's red truck is the one LE is talking about having been seen in the area around the time of the crime?

Also, do you know if there was someone interested in buying the bar prior to your Dad's death?

missingmydad
03-19-2010, 02:40 AM
there were a few passerbys that had seen a red truck. the road around the bar is slightly downhill from the bar. you can tell this from the pictures on kay sullivans realty website. so if you drove by the bar you actually made a semi circle around the edge of the property. maybe if you were driving by and not knowing you would need to recall what you saw, the vehicles may look smaller from down the slight decline to the road. i do not think her vehicle is one of interest. they checked it over before it was released and also verified that she was at work at her other job before she went to bar to work.

Blondie in Spokane
03-19-2010, 05:51 AM
Hey there MMD...

Just wanted to check in with you and say hello.

Please try to have faith through this terrible ordeal. It must be hard to believe that you have made it through these awful months since your wonderful dad was taken from you, but that's the important thing - you have made it!!

What a terrific man your dad was! He cooked and fed everyone free of charge on Sundays....that is such a kind and giving gesture and says so much about the person he was.

I'm glad to see that you're back here. I will continue to keep your dad's thread "bumped" up closer to the front as much as possible. I have faith that justice will prevail for you and for your wonderful father.

wadahoot
03-19-2010, 07:32 PM
It is so hard to not let this ruin me. I have not returned to work yet. I used to be a people person, and now I wonder if I have talked with the killer.

Having, thankfully, never been through anything like what you're going through, that thought never crossed my mind. What a daily chilling reminder. Honestly, it makes me respect you even more, MMD. Hang in there ... come here when you need hugs from your cyber-friends and keep us informed.

My very best to you, with a BIG hug.

Blondie in Spokane
03-20-2010, 08:16 AM
~bump~

PolkSaladAnnie
03-21-2010, 08:08 AM
Hi MissingMyDad - MMD.

What deep and mixed emotions this entire thread brings out in one. I, too, am most sorry to learn of your heartache; very glad you've found a network community here at W/S (fantastic posts, ideas, support) yet quite troubled LE seem to be keeping you at arm's length. The latter perhaps one of the toughest daily milestones to endure. Here's trusting the task force will bear fruit and indeed lessen your load. Thoughts and prayers to you.

Meantime ... here are my thoughts FWIW, indeed others have commented along similar lines - sorry if it's too long - just another theory:

You've told us (endorsed by locals in the press), what a kind, giving and caring person your father was (bless him). This in and of itself made him a 'sought-after target'. Word gets out that "Joe Neff bailed me out; feeds us free on Sundays - carries/deals with a lot of cash and is retiring soon". All of those actions translate into "great opportunity for money" to more desperate, cunning folk.

We're also told from the get-go, LE claimed "this was personal"...

You then wrote something quite poignant - very early on - regarding the (good) advice your dad gave you: "Don't ever lend more than you're willing to give away...".

Do you / LE / anyone know all the people - from family onwards - that your dad helped out? Within that group of very fortunate souls - there may be one or more whom your father decided he was not prepared to give any more?

That/those person/s may have known your father's footsteps and habits; known the best time to approach him; known his 'cash-run' timings and therefore it may very well have been your own father who took the 'missing thousands' from the safe - not for the life of him believing he'd be murdered - he left the safe door open as he may easily have done previously if in a rush, then locked the internal door - and left.

However, when he reached the bar - he may have allowed a familiar face to come in (he knew him, felt safe, if not in control) whom he'd helped before. When he said no - he may have been literally taken by surprise & side-swiped. A bloody fight ensued and the 'thousands' he himself may have taken from the safe could have been stolen . He may have been shot so as not to identify the perp and bundled into another vehicle. He could have been taped up semi-conscious so as not to arouse suspicion; the perp may not have been convinced he was dead or - to stop him defending himself.

The perp may not even have known about the $740 in his top pocket... but took his cigarettes (agree with previous poster - he's possibly a smoker) cell phone and keys. He's definitely local, definitely knew your dad - probably even went to the funeral. Are there any tapes of the funeral? Would you (and those close to Joe), all this time later, be able to identify those he'd helped out? Maybe this person would have wanted no waves; just blend in and be a part of a bigger crowd...

If you haven't seen the ME report - you wont know if there was water on his lungs (very sorry to be graphic - I'm just spelling out my thoughts. If this info has been identified, sorry - 20 plus pages is a lot to remember...).

Greed, sex, drugs, rock n roll and alcohol are key reasons for murder. The ghastly final act being of revenge ---> no witnesses & utter paranoia.

Ramble over. Many blessings. This WILL unravel; stay strong and focused, MMD.

PSA :)

ChasingMoxie
03-21-2010, 09:44 PM
So glad to see you're hanging in there, MMD. My heart remains with you and your family.

Might be worth running a background on the girlfriend's new boyfriend. If she has an alibi she may still have been involved indirectly. I find it somewhat concerning that she was able to move on and drop all association with the family so quickly, especially in a small town.

Blondie in Spokane
03-22-2010, 12:42 PM
~~~bump for Joe and MMD~~~

missingmydad
03-23-2010, 01:01 AM
(((hugs))) to everyone!!! thank you all so much. We do not have the me report yet. We are still waiting on it. We have called and they said they are not finished yet. Yes it is scary to think that I may have spoken with the killer. My dad helped so many people, I could not name them all. There were over a thousand people at his funeral and we had tons of calls of people who were unable to attend. My dad was friends with everyone. He helped everyone he could, anytime he got the chance. It made him happy to help people. He loved people. Thats why he opened the bar 9 years ago. A place to hang out and laugh with friends. I cannot really imagine him ever telling someone no. He helped everyone. He felt that if they asked for it, they needed it worse than he did. He would go without before he would deny someone anything they needed. I have never known a more generous person. He was so smart though. I find it so hard to accept that someone fooled him. He was too careful. I pray the answers come soon. Thank you all for the continued prayers. It has kept me lifted up. Only God has carried me through. I am so sad to say that the killer is still walking free. The special task force is still on the case though. The OSBI, FBI, US Marshals they will catch the killer soon. It is only a matter of time. I pray they are arrested before they kill again. I do not want another family to go through this. I look at all the victims on this site and wonder why the killers walk free, or get released. If more judges, and jurors would have to live through a tragedy like this a guarantee they would make sure the death penalty would happen a lot more often and quickly. Thank you everyone. I will be on again soon.

missingmydad
03-23-2010, 01:19 AM
by the way.... I have been e-mailing unsolved mysteries, nancy grace, 48 hrs mystery, cold case files, john walsh, good morning america, 20/20, 60 minutes, and everywhere else I can think of. I have heard that I have to keep this in the media- does anyone have any ideas on how to help me do this? so far when i e-mail, it goes to thier legal dept. I sure would like for my dads case to get heard all over. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Or if you have a famous relative, or someone in the news. thanks so much!!! marie

bamabeauty
03-23-2010, 01:26 AM
MMD my prayers are with you. I lost my daddy to an illness 7 years ago and it has broken my heart everyday since. I miss him so very much . It must be so very much harder for you loosing your father in such a violent way. I will pray that God watches over you and opens the eyes of the investigators so that they may see the monster behind this!

jhol74
03-24-2010, 08:42 AM
I read this thread from start to finish last night. When I started it, I just knew that there would be an arrest by the time I got to the end of it! :( I am SO sorry that has not occurred yet. MMD, your pain is so evident through your posts. I wish there was a magic formula to take that pain away but my guess is, it will never go away, only be more tolerable on some days than others.

Is there any reason you and your family have not contacted a Private Investigator? I think, at this point, this is the best way to get answers to your questions. They can be REALLY helpful from what I have seen on WS!

I wish you the best of luck and will pray not only for your pain but for these evil men (I do believe more than 1 was involved) will be found and justice served.

SympatheticFriend
03-24-2010, 02:29 PM
Might be worth running a background on the girlfriend's new boyfriend. If she has an alibi she may still have been involved indirectly. I find it somewhat concerning that she was able to move on and drop all association with the family so quickly, especially in a small town.

I very much agree with this line of thinking. I knew Joe - not all that well, but considered him part of the family - and agree with MMD that it is hard to accept that someone would have been able to surprise him.

My personal opinion since I heard of his murder is that someone he did know or recognize, showed up at the bar. I think it is likely that this person was accompanied by a stranger (to Joe), who probably was the killer.

Joe was very down-to-earth, friendly, outgoing, and exceedingly kind. I know that people read this and don't get a true picture of how good of a person he truly was. He was not a "sucker" - he was well respected and enjoyed life. He was just a caring, happy person, and I was very blessed to know him.

Sorry for the sideline comment - back to this post:

I think that more background checks on people associated with the gf should have been done. I strongly believe that the killer was someone from outside of Poteau, but working WITH someone there in LeFlore county.

Also, has anyone considered previous gfs, who might have been harboring jealousy that he broke up with them and never gave them another "chance", possibly could have snapped? The only way I really can even picture Joe being surprised in an attack, was if there was a woman around - he was a true gentleman and probably would not have been instinctively defensive at first if a woman was present. I haven't heard anyone mention this possibility before, so maybe I'm way off base, but it's worth bringing up in my opinion.

MMD, it makes me so sick to hear that LE is still not giving you any information.

You are always in my prayers.

Blondie in Spokane
03-24-2010, 02:35 PM
Welcome to Websleuths Sympathetic Friend!

And you too JHOL74 (even though we've conversed before!). Sorry I didn't welcome you earlier.

SympatheticFriend
03-24-2010, 04:50 PM
Thank you Blondie.

missingmydad
03-25-2010, 12:24 AM
Thank you SympatheticFriend. I try to tell everyone how great he was but knowing him in person just cannot be explained. I am a better person because of him. I believed in myself because he told me I could do anything I wanted. I agree with that line of thinking, a familiar face and a stranger. It makes sense to me. If a woman was there he would not have been alarmed at all. I can ask LE to check her but I really have NO PULL what so ever. I know one thing for sure, my dad was wise. He knew how the world worked. He was NOT NAIVE. I wish I could figure out how they tricked or suprised him. I just want this case to be over.
I am desperate to find justice for my dad. To sleep an entire night again. To be able to walk to my car outside after dark. To not feel panic when I start to leave Wal-Mart and realize that it is already starting to get dark, and wonder how I will get to my car safe. Then how will I get into my house safe once I get there. To go through an entire night without worry that the killer may break in and kill or abduct my kids. Just as they did with my dad.
Then I get on this website and I look at all the people that have been affected by violent crime. I know I am not the only one. I want everyone who reads this to know that I pray God bless everyone who reads this.
Are there any FBI profilers out there reading this? I ask because since dads murder I have been facsinated with how they can profile a case. I wonder if anyone out there has any ideas on the perp. Since I may know the person, if someone could tell me the type of person that we may be looking for. It may raise a flag for us close to the case.

Blondie in Spokane
03-25-2010, 08:09 AM
MMD....good question regarding the profilers....have you ever heard of the Vidocq Society? They are based out of Pennsylvania. A group of retired (I believe) detectives who meet every month to solve/work on cold cases. They have been profiled on a lot of Cold Case Files, Forensic Files, many books I have read, etc. (I'm an avid true crime reader). Anyway, you might want to email them, I don't know what their protocol is but it sure couldn't hurt to get some feedback from them or they could possibly point you in the right direction? I hope. They do amazing work from what I understand.

Blondie in Spokane
03-26-2010, 04:23 PM
~bump~

missingmydad
03-26-2010, 05:59 PM
mmd....good question regarding the profilers....have you ever heard of the vidocq society? They are based out of pennsylvania. A group of retired (i believe) detectives who meet every month to solve/work on cold cases. They have been profiled on a lot of cold case files, forensic files, many books i have read, etc. (i'm an avid true crime reader). Anyway, you might want to email them, i don't know what their protocol is but it sure couldn't hurt to get some feedback from them or they could possibly point you in the right direction? I hope. They do amazing work from what i understand.

thanks blondie!!!! I have never heard of them but i will e-mail them right away. You are right, it can't hurt. With all the people on here you would think that there is an fbi profiler out there. It would be so much easier if i knew what type of person i was looking for. At this point i feel like everyone is a suspect, sorry to all the innocent people out there. I know it is supposed to be the other way around, but when something this horrible happens so close in your family. There is no time to be stupid or naive. So i am afraid and cautious around everyone until i am proven otherwise. Thanks so much everyone. (((((hugs)))))

missingmydad
03-26-2010, 08:11 PM
okay i went to the website for the Vidocq Society, and it seems like it would be great for some cases. BUT the cases have to be over 2 years old. so dads would not meet the criteria. i copied this page....maybe someone can post the website where it should go.

Case Intake

A Vidocq Society investigation can begin only after we are contacted by a family member or law enforcement agency asking us to review an unsolved cold case. A family member making a request must have standing in the case. In all cases the investigating law enforcement agency must welcome our help.

For The Vidocq Society to consider an unsolved death or homicide case, our by-laws require that:

the death must have occurred at least two years prior;
the victim cannot have been engaged in dangerous or illicit activity of any kind;
if presented to a meeting by law enforcement or an investigator with standing in the matter no family members may be present; and
We will not provide updates or other information to the family.
If a case were adopted by the Society we would not submit progress or other reports to the family. Any information release would be determined by law enforcement and disseminated by them.

jhol74
03-26-2010, 11:45 PM
Does anyone have contact info for all of the major networks? Perhaps if a large number of us contact them concerning MMD's dad's case, we will be able to get her some national exposure. Just a thought! If anyone has the info, please post it and I will start sending e-mails. Hopefully we can get a lot of WS's to do the same! This case has touched me more than any other I have read here.
I think about you and your dad daily, MMD. I will continue to pray for you. <3

missingmydad
03-27-2010, 01:56 AM
Does anyone have contact info for all of the major networks? Perhaps if a large number of us contact them concerning MMD's dad's case, we will be able to get her some national exposure. Just a thought! If anyone has the info, please post it and I will start sending e-mails. Hopefully we can get a lot of WS's to do the same! This case has touched me more than any other I have read here.

thanks!! that would be great. I cannot thank you enough. I have only a few numbers...Good Morning America is 212-456-5900, then on most of the shows like 60 minutes you go to the website of that station, select contact us, then it goes thru a legal department. I am sure they get thousands daily. I would sure like to get this heard. I hope it doesn't take years more to find the killer. I tell ya if you would have known my dad, he was the best. His death has really hurt this town. He helped so many people, now what will they do? I appreciate ANYTHING that ANYONE can do. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Blondie in Spokane
03-27-2010, 06:28 PM
okay guys...I'm really new at doing this...I will try to move the media list I obtained from the Sarah Rodgers file over here...forgive me if I mess it up...but it I was amazing how WS members flooded media outlets with emails and she finally received attention after being ignored forever and a day. I am still impressed about that obviously. Someone called it the WS "media awareness campaign"!

MMD...I'm so sorry that it didn't work regarding the Vidocq Society...I was really hoping that would be a viable lead for you. And yes, you would think that with all of the readers on this board that there would be ONE profiler at least. Please continue to have faith. I believe there are more readers here on this thread than you know. Something
will happen.

Will post the list shortly...

Blondie in Spokane
03-27-2010, 06:32 PM
ABCNEWS77 W. 66 St., New York, NY 10023
Phone: 212-456-7777

General e-mail: netaudr@abc.com
Nightline: nightline@abcnews.com
20/20: 2020@abc.com

CBS News
524 W. 57 St., New York, NY 10019
Phone: 212-975-4321
Fax: 212-975-1893
Email forms for all CBS news programs
CBS Evening News: evening@cbsnews.com
The Early Show: earlyshow@cbs.com
60 Minutes II: 60m@cbsnews.com
48 Hours: 48hours@cbsnews.com
Face The Nation: ftn@cbsnews.com

CNBC
900 Sylvan Avenue, Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
Phone: (201) 735-2622
Fax: (201) 583-5453
Email: info@cnbc.com

CNN
One CNN Center, Box 105366, Atlanta, GA 30303-5366
Phone: 404-827-1500
Fax: 404-827-1784
Email forms for all CNN news programs

Fox News Channel
1211 Ave. of the Americas, New York, NY 10036
Phone: (212) 301-3000
Fax: (212) 301-4229
comments@foxnews.com List of Email addresses for all Fox News Channel programs
Special Report with Bret Baier: Special@foxnews.com
FOX Report with Shepard Smith: Foxreport@foxnews.com
The O'Reilly Factor: Oreilly@foxnews.com
Hannity: Hannity@foxnews.com,
On the Record with Greta: Ontherecord@foxnews.com
Glenn Beck: GlennBeck@foxnews.com

MSNBC/NBC
30 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY 10112
Phone: (212) 664-4444
Fax: (212) 664-4426
List of Email addresses for all MSNBC/NBC news programs
Dateline NBC: dateline@nbcuni.com
Hardball with Chris Matthews: hardball@msnbc.com
MSNBC Reports with Joe Scarborough: joe@msnbc.com
NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams: nightly@nbc.com
NBC News Today: today@nbc.com

Blondie in Spokane
03-27-2010, 06:37 PM
MMD...

I will email these outlets today and continue to do so,,,maybe they will just get tired of hearing from me and hopefully that will lead to some attention? I hope so! It certainly can't hurt.

Your dad sounds like a true gentleman is every sense of the word and a true prince of a guy. What a wonderful way to live one's life - always helping others and to be remembered in such a positive way.

Hang in there.

Blondie in Spokane
03-28-2010, 02:19 AM

Good idea JH....as I noted earlier, a bunch of us sent in a mass of emails for Sarah Rodgers and finally were able to get her some media attention. I did attempt the same with Bryce Tarter on his thread but not so much luck there. Am hoping we have better luck here for Joe. He sounds like such a great and giving man.

Blondie in Spokane
03-29-2010, 11:30 AM
~~bump~~

Sailor Bug
03-29-2010, 02:45 PM
WHO MURDERERED of Joe Nuff

(July 31, 1947 - May 14, 2009)

Please add or update information

http://www.swtimes.com/articles/2009/05/23/obituaries/all_obituaries/obits05.txt

Was Gf mentioned in obit above?

http://www.4029tv.com/news/19467846/detail.html#

Joe Neff was last seen at about 9 a.m Thursday in a local store. Prior to that, a female friend of his reported seeing Neff at around 7 a.m., said LeFlore County Sheriff Bruce Curnutt.

Joe Neff was discovered missing Thursday May 14, 2009, 62 yr old Joe Neff's black Chevy SUV that was parked at the scene Long Branch Saloon, 68155 US 59, near Poteau
What evidence was found inside the saloon--> definitely signs of a struggle and an injury inside. "We do believe that the bar owner Joe Neff may be injured. Several individuals were interviewed as persons of interest They found blood on his cowboy hat in the bar

The saloon was equipped with security cameras, but authorities have yet to review/disclose any footage. There is a surveillance camera that still remains in the bar. LE said hey had the tape from this system. However, they would never say if it captured what happened in the bar.

The day Neff disappeared, witnesses told investigators they saw an older model red pickup parked at the bar. That vehicle has never been found. Gf has red truck??

Neff kept a safe inside a room in his Poteau home. Investigators said thousands of dollars were taken from the safe.

interviewed people who have been banned from the bar, but nothing came up during the interviews that led police to believe someone had held a grudge. Neff has not had to ban anyone from the bar recently.

Investigations spent much of Friday at Neffís home, on Country Club Road, just outside of Poteau city limits. Authorities conducted a ground search for Neff Friday: however, but planned to expand the search today and Sunday to include bodies of water.

Deputies have also been conducting searches near the bar, including land near Long Lake and the Poteau River What lead LE to these areas?? Was Joe found closer to his house or bar??

Sunday evening at approximately 8 p.m. May 17, 2009 Neff's body found floating in a strip mining pit on McKenzie Road in Pocola. Died from a gunshot wound

http://www.4029tv.com/news/22503039/detail.html

http://missingexploited.com/2009/05/16/joe-neff-bar-owner-missing-in-ok-since-may-13-2009-found-blood-and-signs-of-a-struggle-in-bar-update-found-deceased/

I cannot really imagine him ever telling someone no. He helped everyone. He felt that if they asked for it, they needed it worse than he did. He would go without before he would deny someone anything they needed. I think it is likely that this person was accompanied by a stranger (to Joe), who probably was the killer.

Previous gfs??? who might have been harboring jealousy that he broke up with them

This in and of itself made him a 'sought-after target'. Word gets out that "Joe Neff bailed me out; feeds us free on Sundays - carries/deals with a lot of cash and is retiring soon". All of those actions translate into "great opportunity for money" to more desperate, cunning folk.

We're also told from the get-go, LE claimed "this was personal"...

You then wrote something quite poignant - very early on - regarding the (good) advice your dad gave you: "Don't ever lend more than you're willing to give away...".
there may be one or more whom your father decided he was not prepared to give any more?
That/those person/s may have known your father's footsteps and habits; known the best time to approach him; known his 'cash-run' timings and therefore it may very well have been your own father who took the 'missing thousands' from the safe - not for the life of him believing he'd be murdered - he left the safe door open as he may easily have done previously if in a rush, then locked the internal door - and left.

However, when he reached the bar - he may have allowed a familiar face to come in (he knew him, felt safe, if not in control) whom he'd helped before. When he said no - he may have been literally taken by surprise & side-swiped. A bloody fight ensued and the 'thousands' he himself may have taken from the safe could have been stolen . He may have been shot so as not to identify the perp and bundled into another vehicle. He could have been taped up semi-conscious so as not to arouse suspicion; the perp may not have been convinced he was dead or - to stop him defending himself.

Do we know for certain: Where the real actual crime scene was:at home where the safe was or at the bar where a struggle and cowboy hat with blood and his vehicle was??

Could Joe have been taken at his home and the cowboy hat "planted" at the bar, and a struggle was "staged"? & his vehicle" placed in lot?

The perp may not even have known about the $740 in his top pocket... but took his cigarettes he's possibly a smoker) cell phone and keys. He's definitely local, definitely knew your dad - probably even went to the funeral. Are there any tapes of the funeral? Would you (and those close to Joe), all this time later, be able to identify those he'd helped out? Maybe this person would have wanted no waves; just blend in and be a part of a bigger crowd...

If you haven't seen the ME report - you wont know if there was water on his lungs (very sorry to be graphic - I'm just spelling out my thoughts.
Greed, sex, drugs, rock n roll and alcohol are key reasons for murder. The ghastly final act being of revenge ---> no witnesses & utter paranoia.
To Joe's daughters: Please ensure you write a formal letter to ME in order that you recieve ALL documentation and findings...otherwise you will have more delay in findings.

At the actual crime scene the vehicles behind the sheriffs tape are...the car belongs to the first customer and the red truck belongs to the gf. The OSBI checked both vehicles before they were released. No LE vehicle was taken behind the tape. The crime scene was discovered a bit before noon and Sheriffs and OSBI stayed until early the next morning collecting evidence and studying the crime scene.

there were a few passerbys that had seen a red truck??. the road around the bar is slightly downhill from the bar. you can tell this from the pictures on kay sullivans realty website. so if you drove by the bar you actually made a semi circle around the edge of the property. maybe if you were driving by and not knowing you would need to recall what you saw, the vehicles may look smaller from down the slight decline to the road. i do not think her vehicle is one of interest. they checked it over before it was released and also verified that she(Gf) was at work at her other job before she went to bar to work.

Yes he did use the bank. No he was not planning any large transactions. The Long Branch was a karaoke bar, with 2 pool tables. The juke box had a variety of music with country and rock. He served popcorn and had other snacks available. They served beer and wine coolers only.

My dad did not want to buy another bar. He actually would have sold the Long Branch. It took up a lot of time, it was more of a hobby/hang out for him. The gf(45?)the employee who called authorities was the girlfriend of Neff. Neff's girlfriend who came to open the bar that day. She found blood inside, and Neff's trademark cowboy hat had been left behind. Neff's SUV was still parked outside of the bar, but he was nowhere to be found.

Gf has another bf and has not been heard from in months. Her bf now is/may be older as well. some traffic tickets and dui on her record. Nothing else that i know of. She has not contacted us in several months

girlfriend's new boyfriend(information)--->

I had a news interview with Channel 40/29 News out of Ft Smith Ark. yesterday. The big story is going to air on Monday night at 10 pm. This is also about Jody Wilson too.

in jody's thread that she apparently knew the owners of "the bar" in poteau, and supposedly it was sold shortly after jody went missing on may 5. Wondering if joe was interested in buying that business, and somebody else didn't want that to happen.

Fired Oklahoma examiner http://www.newsok.com/fired-oklahoma-examiner-plans-lawsuit-attorney-says/article/3437612?custom_click=lead_story_title#ixzz0fAnplvx Y

missingmydad
03-30-2010, 03:09 AM
Hi Sailor Bug I was going to correct a couple of times and answer a few of your questions.
Yes the gf saw him at 7am, and yas drives a red truck.
He paid his water bill around 10 am then went across the street to Napa and paid his bill there, then probably headed to bar. The crime scene was discovered by a customer and gf right before noon on the 14th.
About 4:30 or 5 pm on the 17th is when his body was discovered.

Thanks so much for all the contacts !!!! I am going to start e-mailing the other ones right away. Thanks everyone!!!!

Sailor Bug
03-30-2010, 01:48 PM
WHO MURDERERED of Joe Neff

Please just copy paste or add/correct any information/questions or even if you just want to improve what we have here...Thanks

-Joe Neff was last seen at about 9-10AM Thursday in a local store paid his water bill around 10 am then went across the street to Napa and paid his bill there. Prior to that, a female (Joe's Gf saw him at 7am) said LeFlore County Sheriff Bruce Curnutt.

-Neff was discovered missing Thursday May 14, 2009,
-crime scene was discovered by a customer and gf right before noon on the 14th 62 yr old Joe Neff's black Chevy SUV that was parked at the scene Long Branch Saloon, 68155 US 59, near Poteauwhat
-Evidence was found inside the saloon--> definitely signs of a struggle and an injury inside. "We do believe that the bar owner Joe Neff may be injured.The gf(45?) (of Neff) is the employee who called authorities. Neff's girlfriend who came to open the bar that day. She found blood inside, and Neff's trademark cowboy hat had been left behind.

-The saloon was equipped with security cameras, but authorities have yet to review any footage. There is a surveillance camera that still remains in the bar. LE said hey had the tape from this system. However, they would never say if it captured what happened in the bar.

-Several individuals were interviewed as persons of interest.

-The day Neff disappeared, witnesses told investigators they saw an older model red pickup parked at the bar. That vehicle has never been found (Gf has red truck)

-At the actual crime scene the vehicles behind the sheriffs tape are...the car belongs to the first customer and the red truck belongs to the gf. The OSBI checked both vehicles before they were released. Sheriffs and OSBI stayed until early the next morning collecting evidence and studying the crime scene.

-Neff kept a safe inside a room in his Poteau home. Investigators said thousands of dollars were taken from the safe.

-LE claimed "this was personal" (Familytold this from the get-go)

-Interviewed people who have been banned from the bar, but nothing came up during the interviews that led police to believe someone had held a grudge. Neff has not had to ban anyone from the bar recently.

-Investigations spent much of Friday at Neffís home, on Country Club Road, just outside of Poteau city limits. Authorities conducted a ground search for Neff Friday: however, but planned to expand the search today and Sunday to include bodies of water.

-Deputies have also been conducting searches near the bar, including land near Long Lake and the Poteau River

-Sunday About 4:30 or 5 pm May 17, 2009 Joe Neff's body found floating in a strip mining pit on McKenzie Road in Pocola. [U]Died from a gunshot wound-$740 in Joe's top pocket(NOT taken)
-cigarettes, cell phone and keys taken.
-Home safe emptied( thousands of $ taken)

__________________________________________________ ________

Important info:
*This in and of itself made him a 'sought-after target'. Word gets out that "Joe Neff bailed me out; feeds us free on Sundays - carries/deals with a lot of cash and is retiring soon". All of those actions translate into "great opportunity for money" to more desperate, cunning folk.

*You then wrote something quite poignant - very early on - regarding the (good) advice your dad gave you: "Don't ever lend more than you're willing to give away...". there may be one or more whom your father decided he was not prepared to give any more?

*I cannot really imagine him ever telling someone no. He helped everyone. He felt that if they asked for it, they needed it worse than he did. He would go without before he would deny someone anything they needed. I think it is likely that this person was accompanied by a stranger (to Joe), who probably was the killer.

*That/those person/s may have known your father's footsteps and habits; known the best time to approach him; known his 'cash-run' timings and therefore it may very well have been your own father who took the 'missing thousands' from the safe - not for the life of him believing he'd be murdered - he left the safe door open as he may easily have done previously if in a rush, then locked the internal door - and left.

*However, when he reached the bar - he may have allowed a familiar face to come in (he knew him, felt safe, if not in control) whom he'd helped before. When he said no - he may have been literally taken by surprise & side-swiped. A bloody fight ensued and the 'thousands' he himself may have taken from the safe could have been stolen . He may have been shot so as not to identify the perp and bundled into another vehicle. He could have been taped up semi-conscious so as not to arouse suspicion; the perp may not have been convinced he was dead or - to stop him defending himself.

The perp may not even have known about the $740 in his top pocket... but took his cigarettes (agree with previous poster - he's possibly a smoker) cell phone and keys. He's definitely local, definitely knew your dad - probably even went to the funeral. Are there any tapes of the funeral? Would you (and those close to Joe), all this time later, be able to identify those he'd helped out? Maybe this person would have wanted no waves; just blend in and be a part of a bigger crowd...

If you haven't seen the ME report - you wont know if there was water on his lungs

there were a few passerbys that had seen a red truck. the road around the bar is slightly downhill from the bar. you can tell this from the pictures on kay sullivans realty website. so if you drove by the bar you actually made a semi circle around the edge of the property. maybe if you were driving by and not knowing you would need to recall what you saw, the vehicles may look smaller from down the slight decline to the road. i do not think her vehicle is one of interest. they checked it over before it was released and also verified that she was at work at her other job before she went to bar to work.

*Gf has another bf and has not been heard from in months. Her bf now is older as well. some traffic tickets and dui on her record. Nothing else that i know of. She has not contacted us in several months

*My dad did not want to buy another bar. He actually would have sold the Long Branch. It took up a lot of time, it was more of a hobby/hang out for him

*Joe did use the bank. No he was not planning any large transactions. The Long Branch was a karaoke bar, with 2 pool tables. The juke box had a variety of music with country and rock. He served popcorn and had other snacks available. They served beer and wine coolers only.

I had a news interview with Channel 40/29 News out of Ft Smith Ark. yesterday. The big story is going to air on Monday night at 10 pm. This is also about Jody Wilson too.

In jody's thread that she apparently knew the owners of "the bar" in poteau, and supposedly it was sold shortly after jody went missing on may 5. Wondering if joe was interested in buying that business, and somebody else didn't want that to happen.
__________________________________________________ __________

Questions:

-Was Gf mentioned in obit why/why not?
-What is the girlfriends name???????
-Why is Gf name NEVER publically mentioned?
-What kind of relationship did Gf & your Dad have? How long were they together?
-What is the girlfriend's new boyfriend's name(information)--->
-What evidence have LE found with the security camera inside the bar?
-What lead LE to search areas??
-Was Joe found closer to his house or bar??
-previous gfs??? who might have been harboring jealousy that he broke up with
-Any autopsy results?

LINKS:

http://www.swtimes.com/articles/2009/05/23/obituaries/all_obituaries/obits05.txt

http://missingexploited.com/2009/05/16/joe-neff-bar-owner-missing-in-ok-since-may-13-2009-found-blood-and-signs-of-a-struggle-in-bar-update-found-deceased/

Fired Oklahoma examiner http://www.newsok.com/fired-oklahoma-examiner-plans-lawsuit-attorney-says/article/3437612?custom_click=lead_story_title#ixzz0fAnplvx Y

wfgodot
03-30-2010, 02:30 PM
Regarding the security cameras, they either must have been inoperative or ineffective, or they must have recorded an inconvenient truth.

shotzie
03-30-2010, 03:43 PM
Sailor, I think these questions are really important..If MMD can answer these it would help especially about the GF..why are they keeping her identity a secret.??_________________________________________ __________________

Questions:

-Was Gf mentioned in obit why/why not?
-What is the girlfriends name???????
-Why is Gf name NEVER publically mentioned?
-What kind of relationship did Gf & your Dad have? How long were they together?
-What is the girlfriend's new boyfriend's name(information)--->
-What evidence have LE found with the security camera inside the bar?
-What lead LE to search areas??
-Was Joe found closer to his house or bar??
-previous gfs??? who might have been harboring jealousy that he broke up with
-Any autopsy results?

LINKS:

Fired Oklahoma examiner http://www.newsok.com/fired-oklahoma-examiner-plans-lawsuit-attorney-says/article/3437612?custom_click=lead_story_title#ixzz0fAnplvx Y[/quote]

Blondie in Spokane
03-31-2010, 10:01 AM
Bump to the top for Joe and MMD!

missingmydad
04-01-2010, 03:17 AM
Questions:

-Was Gf mentioned in obit why/why not? we did not know her well enough to mention her in the paper. they did not live together and were not real serious.

-What is the girlfriends name??????? I thought names were off limits unless they had been published in a newspaper somewhere? I am new to this so someone tell me the rules on this before I answer and get in trouble.

-Why is Gf name NEVER publically mentioned? again, none of the family knew her very well. she avoided it too I guess. she doesn't come around now either.

-What kind of relationship did Gf & your Dad have? dad said she was easy to get along with they went out riding, whatever, not serious

How long were they together? they dated about a year, but became more frequent toward the end

What is the girlfriend's new boyfriend's name(information)---> waiting on info

-What evidence have LE found with the security camera inside the bar? still unknown

-What lead LE to search areas?? not sure, i think since home was robbed they searched the area just to see, he had not been located still at that point

-Was Joe found closer to his house or bar?? okay picture map, point A bar-2 1/2 miles north, his home, point B, continue heading north, then east about 20 miles total, this is the location he was found. there are maps on an earlier post.

-previous gfs??? who might have been harboring jealousy that he broke up with. he was married to my mom 25 years, dated one woman 8 yrs, then another for 6 (she passed away from liver disease), then this one, that is really the only ones that have been for any length of time.

-Any autopsy results? none yet, they are still waiting on some things

Roselvr
04-01-2010, 08:35 AM
My thoughts in bold red

WHO MURDERERED of Joe Neff

Please just copy paste or add/correct any information/questions or even if you just want to improve what we have here...Thanks

-Joe Neff was last seen at about 9-10AM Thursday in a local store paid his water bill around 10 am then went across the street to Napa and paid his bill there. Prior to that, a female (Joe's Gf saw him at 7am) said LeFlore County Sheriff Bruce Curnutt.

How much was the water & Napa bill & did he usually pay cash or check? Was the water bill for the house & bar? As most of us know Napa is an auto parts store - curious what Joe would have bought there that he had a tab?

-The saloon was equipped with security cameras, but authorities have yet to review any footage. There is a surveillance camera that still remains in the bar. LE said hey had the tape from this system. However, they would never say if it captured what happened in the bar.

-Neff kept a safe inside a room in his Poteau home. Investigators said thousands of dollars were taken from the safe.

Important info:

*You then wrote something quite poignant - very early on - regarding the (good) advice your dad gave you: "Don't ever lend more than you're willing to give away...". there may be one or more whom your father decided he was not prepared to give any more?

My opinion is that Joe would have given someone anything

*I cannot really imagine him ever telling someone no. He helped everyone. He felt that if they asked for it, they needed it worse than he did. He would go without before he would deny someone anything they needed. I think it is likely that this person was accompanied by a stranger (to Joe), who probably was the killer.

If you haven't seen the ME report - you wont know if there was water on his lungs
Might be time to retain an attorney for the family

In jody's thread that she apparently knew the owners of "the bar" in poteau, and supposedly it was sold shortly after jody went missing on may 5. Wondering if joe was interested in buying that business, and somebody else didn't want that to happen.

I honestly don't feel the 2 cases are connected

Roselvr
04-01-2010, 08:36 AM
-Was Gf mentioned in obit why/why not? we did not know her well enough to mention her in the paper. they did not live together and were not real serious.

-What is the girlfriends name??????? I thought names were off limits unless they had been published in a newspaper somewhere? I am new to this so someone tell me the rules on this before I answer and get in trouble.

-Why is Gf name NEVER publically mentioned? again, none of the family knew her very well. she avoided it too I guess. she doesn't come around now either.

-What kind of relationship did Gf & your Dad have? dad said she was easy to get along with they went out riding, whatever, not serious

How long were they together? they dated about a year, but became more frequent toward the end

What is the girlfriend's new boyfriend's name(information)---> waiting on info

-What evidence have LE found with the security camera inside the bar? still unknown

-What lead LE to search areas?? not sure, i think since home was robbed they searched the area just to see, he had not been located still at that point

-Was Joe found closer to his house or bar?? okay picture map, point A bar-2 1/2 miles north, his home, point B, continue heading north, then east about 20 miles total, this is the location he was found. there are maps on an earlier post.

-previous gfs??? who might have been harboring jealousy that he broke up with. he was married to my mom 25 years, dated one woman 8 yrs, then another for 6 (she passed away from liver disease), then this one, that is really the only ones that have been for any length of time.

-Any autopsy results? none yet, they are still waiting on some things

My opinion is that I would not be posting any names. We've never seen her name in print; if we did, it would have been posted.

Oklahoma unexplained killings (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/blog.php?b=546) Blog by Roselvr
Content

Map 1. Missing Family, Jody-Rilee Wilson & Joe Neff (http://tinyurl.com/JodyJoeFamily)

Red Oak, Oklahoma - Bobby & Sherilynn Jamison plus their 6-year-old daughter Madyson
Wister OK - Jody Rilee Wilson
Poteau OK - Joe Neff

Map 2 Jody Rilee Wilson & Joe Neff (http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&doflg=ptm&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=104684969700140327249.000478e416ad836708740&ll=35.395767,-95.158081&spn=1.564968,2.26593&z=9)

1. Long Branch Saloon 68155 Hwy 59 Poteau, OK 74953 - Joes bar
2. Country Club Rd Poteau, OK 74953 Joes house
3. Davis St Pocola, OK 74902 Strip Pit body found
4. Wister, OK - Jody's town
5. Poteau Mountain Heavener, OK 74937 - Jodys body
6. Huckleberry's Pig Out Palace Old US Highway 62 Hoffman, OK 74437 - Jody's car

Map 3 Joe Neff map 1 (http://tinyurl.com/JoeNeff1)

A. Long Branch Saloon 68155 Hwy 59, Poteau, OK
B. Country Club Rd, Poteau, Le Flore, Oklahoma 74953
C. Davis St, Pocola, OK 74902

Map 4 Joe Neff Map 2 (http://tinyurl.com/JoeNeff2) - Back way to Strip Pit, House omitted.

1. Long Branch Saloon 68155 Hwy 59, Poteau, OK
2. Davis St, Pocola, OK 74902

Map 5

Jody-Rilee Wilson & Joe Neff - draft 1 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/blog.php?b=561) By Roselvr
Content

Map 1. Missing Family, Jody-Rilee Wilson & Joe Neff (http://tinyurl.com/JodyJoeFamily)

Red Oak, Oklahoma - Bobby & Sherilynn Jamison plus their 6-year-old daughter Madyson
Wister OK - Jody Rilee Wilson
Poteau OK - Joe Neff

Map 2 Jody Rilee Wilson & Joe Neff (http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&doflg=ptm&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=104684969700140327249.000478e416ad836708740&ll=35.395767,-95.158081&spn=1.564968,2.26593&z=9)

1. Long Branch Saloon 68155 Hwy 59 Poteau, OK 74953 - Joes bar
2. Country Club Rd Poteau, OK 74953 Joes house
3. Davis St Pocola, OK 74902 Strip Pit body found
4. Wister, OK - Jody's town
5. Poteau Mountain Heavener, OK 74937 - Jodys body
6. Huckleberry's Pig Out Palace Old US Highway 62 Hoffman, OK 74437 - Jody's car

Map 3 Joe Neff map 1 (http://tinyurl.com/JoeNeff1)

A. Long Branch Saloon 68155 Hwy 59, Poteau, OK
B. Country Club Rd, Poteau, Le Flore, Oklahoma 74953
C. Davis St, Pocola, OK 74902

Map 4 Joe Neff Map 2 (http://tinyurl.com/JoeNeff2) - Back way to Strip Pit, House omitted.

1. Long Branch Saloon 68155 Hwy 59, Poteau, OK
2. Davis St, Pocola, OK 74902

willwag3
04-01-2010, 08:39 AM
Hello to all, new to WS, have a few comments that I`m not sure will help or not. Lived in OK for over 20 years now but not from here. After 20 years still an outsider in my community. We`re talking clannish here. Connections go back generations and so do grudges. It`s not surprising noboby is local is talking about this case. In rural Oklahoma you`d be lucky to get the time of day if you`re not from around there. What gets me is the large number of unsolved cases in that area. Just an opinion here but it all seems connected with the mountain. Also want to throw out a little detail that may or may not have any meaning, There are more people from Las Vegas in those hills than people realize. Also investigate a little community called Castoway Cove and see what you come up with.

Roselvr
04-01-2010, 08:40 AM
I make myself get up everyday and keep going, even though I don't want to sometimes. I really miss him a lot. It has been over 10 months, still no arrests. I pray that the killers will be arrrested very soon. I hate knowing that they are walking free and could kill again at anytime. Who might they kill next time? Someone out there knows information about my dads murder. I hope they realize that someone they love could be the next victim. They are also criminals for with-holding that information. I hope they are put in jail along with the killers. I hope the judgment they deserve comes quickly.:praying::praying::praying:

I can't imagine what you are going through.
I haven't been around because this case eats my heart due to losing my own dad. My dad's 4 yr was 2/6 - then my birthday 3/2.. it was just so hard to come to this post.

My advice would be to retain an attorney.

Blondie in Spokane
04-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Welcome willwag! Glad you are here..thanks for the local perspective...I am continually dumbfounded at the constantly increasing number of unsolved Oklahoma homicides that are covered here. It is absolutely frightening. I never knew about any of them except the Waleetka girls until I joined here - what an eye-opening experience. As we've stated before, you just have to pray that you aren't murdered, raped or inexplicably disappear while in the state of Oklahoma. Sad state of affairs. I'm off to google Castoway Cove......sounds intriguing....

sweetheart29
04-01-2010, 04:00 PM
Welcome willwag! Glad you are here..thanks for the local perspective...I am continually dumbfounded at the constantly increasing number of unsolved Oklahoma homicides that are covered here. It is absolutely frightening. I never knew about any of them except the Waleetka girls until I joined here - what an eye-opening experience. As we've stated before, you just have to pray that you aren't murdered, raped or inexplicably disappear while in the state of Oklahoma. Sad state of affairs. I'm off to google Castoway Cove......sounds intriguing....

Oklahoma really isn't that bad murder in the south easter part of Oklahoma use to be unheard of. The town I was born and raised has only had 2 murders in the last 10 years. One was a family fight and the other was teens being stupid. So its odd that there this many unsloved in a short period of time there. The biggest problem Oklahoma has is drugs. They are every where and alot people have their hands in on making money off them.

Blondie in Spokane
04-02-2010, 10:14 AM
back to the first page Joe

missingmydad
04-03-2010, 03:59 AM
thanks roselvr, i am so sorry about your dad too. no matter how they die it is still hard if you are a daddys girl. i agree about putting the gf name on here. i thought i had read when i first came here that names were not allowed unless it was in print already. i am sorry though. i wish i could give her name if i thought it would help. i think he always kept an account open there at napa and at the hardware store etc. He had accounts set up then he could run and get something if he needed it. then pay all at once each month. he probably paid cash but i am not sure. it may depend on the amount of charges each month. he was last seen at 10:30, this we know for sure. unfortunately oklahoma is not as safe as it used to be. its really quite sad. i do not trust people. honestly why should you trust? look where that trust leaves you.....

Blondie in Spokane
04-03-2010, 04:28 AM
MMD....I had a bunch of links and lost them...will re-research and re-do for you....I'll get them to you in the next day or so. Thinking of you and your dad. Hang in there. Please try to have a good Easter.

Belinda
04-03-2010, 03:59 PM
I have just spent all day reading this entire thread and .... wow. You guys rock. Keep up the great work. I'll just sit and read and ponder. I have nothing of substance to add that hasn't already been brought up.

MMD, I'm so sorry for all you have been through. Your Dad sounds like he was such a wonderful person who deserved so much better. I hope LE is going to do something, anything to move this case forward. I really don't understand why they are being so standoffish with you. Surely there is a lot of information they could impart to you that would not hamper their investigation. Some of it is pretty basic stuff. I find it very, very odd that they continue to stonewall you after all this time. Perhaps they are embarrassed that they appear so totally clueless?

Blondie in Spokane
04-04-2010, 03:42 AM
MMD....I am not sure if this has come up but have you pondered the idea of hiring a private investigator? I have to agree with Belinda that LE should not be stonewalling you or your family, but, sadly, I expect it with Oklahoma LE from what I have learned here at Websleuths. (I will have to re-read this thread once again as there is so much information that I know I have forgotten.)

Belinda
04-04-2010, 12:47 PM
~Bump~ This brings it up on the list, right? I just finished reading this whole thing yesterday and feel it is so important to keep it up there.

Blondie in Spokane
04-04-2010, 02:03 PM
Yes, Belinda that is correct....and thank you for doing so.

missingmydad
04-06-2010, 02:51 AM
Hello there! thanks so much. I have spoken with several private investigators. The info that I get is they normally work on cheating spouses, insurance fraud, things of that nature. I can only assume this is because they would not be allowed access to the list of persons of interests, the interviews, evidence, etc. There are so many privacy laws it amazes me that they can solve anything. I understand privacy but if you are a suspect on a murder case I think your rights should be temporarily waived. JMO I have a whole new outlook on things since dads murder, and not all of it is good, its sad to say. I just do not know who to harass next....I have e-mailed so many people. There is not any responses coming back. Ideas are welcome. Please, I have not had a good nights sleep in 320 days. I cannot believe he has been gone that long. Of course to me it feels like 3 thousand days. I miss him so much, I hurt. I have been asked "You wouldn't bring him back to this cruel world, would you?" I am so sorry but the amswer is yes. I need my daddy. He was my friend, my real friend. He loved me and I loved him. I cannot wait to see him again. In the meantime, please pray that we find his killer(s) quickly. Thanks so much everyone.

missingmydad
04-06-2010, 03:49 AM
bump for you dad, i miss you

PassTheMotrin
04-06-2010, 10:02 AM
:hug:

Belinda
04-06-2010, 11:35 AM
MMD - I keep thinking about you and your Dad. I wish so much that I had some incredible insight that would help you solve this. I am new here and don't have all of the neat skills some of the others have. Have you asked for assistance from the Forensic Astrology group? I'm telling you, they are truly amazing. I just found that group and was shocked down to my toes at their skills. I never believed in that kind of thing before, but I do now. I'm sure, if you asked them to look at your case, they would be able to offer you some insights that might help.

Blondie in Spokane
04-06-2010, 02:24 PM
MMD...I have to agree with Belinda...I can't say that I necessarily understand all of what the astrologers post because a lot of it is over my head (!) but they are amazingly astute. IMO, it's not a bad idea and is certainly worth a try.

missingmydad
04-06-2010, 11:55 PM
I have sent an email, if you know any of the posters on the forensic astrology would you please send 'em my way? thanks so much. It can't hurt, I am open to any suggestions. thanks again, good night all!!!

sarx
04-07-2010, 05:12 AM
Just spent the last 3 hours reading over this thread, so sorry if i ask something that has already been answered.

Was the door to the room with the safe one that had a self locking lock on it? My office has a knob that locks automatically unless I use the key to spin the mechanism in it.

Just wondering if the reason that the safe was left open was because he received a call or was approached in town/at the bar and told to get something out of the safe (money or something else, paperwork, photos, who knows). What would cause an otherwise smart and calm and confident man to panic and rush off without locking the safe? The threat that harm would come to someone he loved, his girlfriend or his family perhaps?

He then went back to the bar where they were waiting and took his life. If they were after a specific amount or some other item it would stand to reason that they wouldn't have searched him.

Dumping a body destroys evidence, gives the killers time, shows that they were thinking, that this may have been planned. It doesn't sound like the pond is a quick drive by and drop place but something someone would have thought about beforehand.

As for the possibility of him seeing Jodi's killer, why wouldn't that person have killed him then on the spot? And if the killer waited, then that means Jodi's killer knew or at minimum recognized Joe and knew where to find him.

MMD-
Can you discuss what was left in the safe?
Can you tell us what type of lock was on the door?

Sorry, that's all I've got right now, I'm exhausted.

Blondie in Spokane
04-07-2010, 11:53 AM
Sarx....your theory is a good one and I have to admit I had not thought of that before. I have been stuck on the theory that Joe was possibly approached at the bar by someone he knows who was in the company of a female companion. From what I have gathered it sounds like Joe was a gentleman and would not have thought twice about allowing them entrance even before business hours. But the idea that he was lured to the bar under the premise of payment of securing the safety of a family member/friend/loved one definitely has merit. Why bother checking his pockets if they got what they were after in the first place? Whatever it was, Joe earned it the honest way and these low-life pieces of trash took it the easy way. Sleeze-bags.

sneezy
04-07-2010, 01:19 PM
MMD, my heart and prayers go out to you and your family, I am so very sorry for your loss.

One thing I wanted to ask was which NAPA did your father go to that morning? I went to NAPA's site and the nearest one was in Pocola, is this the one?

If it is, it's kind of ironic that the strip mine is only about 2 miles from there?

I'm doing all my guesses from the maps on the web and NAPA's site, so if I'm off, please forgive me, I just was curious as to how far Napa was from the saloon and found it odd that the closest one was not far from where he was found.

If it was the Pocola Napa, could he have caught someone's attention while there, they followed him to the saloon and left him on their way back to Pocola? Could he have recognized the person from the store and that was why he let them in and that could be why there was no forced entry.

Of course all of this is moot if he went to one of the other Napa's but it was something I wanted to share, just in case.

*hugs to you*

missingmydad
04-07-2010, 03:02 PM
just spent the last 3 hours reading over this thread, so sorry if i ask something that has already been answered.

Was the door to the room with the safe one that had a self locking lock on it? My office has a knob that locks automatically unless i use the key to spin the mechanism in it.

Just wondering if the reason that the safe was left open was because he received a call or was approached in town/at the bar and told to get something out of the safe (money or something else, paperwork, photos, who knows). What would cause an otherwise smart and calm and confident man to panic and rush off without locking the safe? The threat that harm would come to someone he loved, his girlfriend or his family perhaps?

He then went back to the bar where they were waiting and took his life. If they were after a specific amount or some other item it would stand to reason that they wouldn't have searched him.

Dumping a body destroys evidence, gives the killers time, shows that they were thinking, that this may have been planned. It doesn't sound like the pond is a quick drive by and drop place but something someone would have thought about beforehand.

As for the possibility of him seeing jodi's killer, why wouldn't that person have killed him then on the spot? And if the killer waited, then that means jodi's killer knew or at minimum recognized joe and knew where to find him.

Mmd-
can you discuss what was left in the safe?
Can you tell us what type of lock was on the door?

Sorry, that's all i've got right now, i'm exhausted.

the door only locked manually, and was unlocked with a key.

He was acting normal while paying bills, not anxious or anything. It is possible that somebody threatened that they were going to harm one of his loved ones.

I cannot even fathom the idea that some sick mind could pre-meditate such a thing. I guess you have to think like a criminal. They would have to haul a body 20 minutes, what if they had been pulled over by police?? This was around noon. Who would be crazy enough to be able to drive normal in those circumstances. The killer could not possibly have the ability to feel guilt.

I do not think he saw jodis killer. I really doubt that the 2 cases are related. My thoughts were since he did run the bar, or rode around in the mountains on the weekends. Could there have been an argument/drug deal/a cheating spouse/an overheard threat of some kind? Any number of things could have placed dad "in the wrong place at the wrong time". Maybe they came back to make sure he never told what he saw. Its just another one of my many theories.

Items in safe were some guns, and property deeds.
The safe had a combination/key entry. You could open it either way.
I hope this helps......a huge thank you to all that take time out of thier busy lives to share and endure my heartache. Bless you each and every one.

missingmydad
04-07-2010, 03:05 PM
sarx....your theory is a good one and i have to admit i had not thought of that before. I have been stuck on the theory that joe was possibly approached at the bar by someone he knows who was in the company of a female companion. From what i have gathered it sounds like joe was a gentleman and would not have thought twice about allowing them entrance even before business hours. But the idea that he was lured to the bar under the premise of payment of securing the safety of a family member/friend/loved one definitely has merit. Why bother checking his pockets if they got what they were after in the first place? Whatever it was, joe earned it the honest way and these low-life pieces of trash took it the easy way. Sleeze-bags.

yes sleeze-bags!!!! Amen sister!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sarx
04-07-2010, 03:40 PM
Trying to figure out scenarios for the door/safe issue.

Would it have been possible for your Dad to have unlocked the door, using the key, leaving the keys still in the door, go to the safe in a rush, leaving it open and then obviously needing to get the keys out he would have locked the door again to get the key out?

I'm so sorry to have to be asking more and more.

SympatheticFriend
04-07-2010, 05:36 PM
He was acting normal while paying bills, not anxious or anything.

MMD - I'm guessing that you found this out from the folks in town he talked with that morning; you spoke with them personally?

Ruflossn
04-07-2010, 05:42 PM
I have been reading about this case for 2 days.
We need the autopsy report.
It should be available through the Freedom of Info. Act.

I believe there are 2 perps attached to this murder.
At least one was recognizable to Joe.
At least one was familiar to the area.
DNA may be available from the bar but, was probably destroyed by the water.

fickyyjo
04-07-2010, 07:10 PM
MMD I just wanted to say that not everyone in poteau has forgotten, I lived there my whole life, just recently moved to texas in december, and I was checking online to see if any new leads about your dads case had come up, I'm sorry that the Police are shutting you out, I think they're just embaressed that they have unsolved murders, and even Mikals case where they know who did it, they can't even go to trial.
I only met your dad a couple times, My best friends mom was a regular at the bar, Kathy Madewell everyone called her Kat and we often had to run in there to get her.
I really don't have any new ideas, other than the ones that have already been stated. but I really hope something comes up, and your dad gets some justice!

missingmydad
04-07-2010, 09:40 PM
MMD - I'm guessing that you found this out from the folks in town he talked with that morning; you spoke with them personally?

yes I talked with them. They both assured me he was his normal cheery self. Very happy and talked with them, then left to go to work.

missingmydad
04-07-2010, 09:55 PM
the Napa store that he went to was in Poteau, It is on McKenna Street. I have never tried to make a map on here so I may try to do that. In some older posts I have all the directions and distances. Imagine a map the bar is first, go south east about 3 minutes then dads house. Head south about 4 or so minutes there is the napa and water dept. Then continue on heading south about 4 or 5 minutes, then head east for maybe 15 minutes. Then thats the turn off to where the strip pit is.

sarx
04-07-2010, 09:58 PM
Google earth is great for this. You can put pushpins and other icons on the map, label them, etc. Great visual tool

missingmydad
04-07-2010, 10:24 PM
I have heard the name but I do not know her I don't think. I really hope it gets solved very soon. I do realize now just what all is involved with an investigation. I never realized it before. They do have to prove it before they go to court. The entire process is frustrating. I just keep praying for the best outcome possible.

Someone told me that the LE will not tell us anything since that info may be needed in court. I guess I kind of understand, but I sure do need to know this stuff. Thank you

Blondie in Spokane
04-08-2010, 03:08 AM
I just wanted to move these media links forward....if anyone would like to send emails on Joe and MissingMyDad's behalf, I know it would be most appreciated. Just a short note requesting media coverage of his case. And if you have any other media links please feel free to add to these. Maybe we can stir up some media attention for Joe.....I have faith that this case can and will eventually be solved. Persistence is the key, I believe! Hang in there, MMD!! We're here with and for you!

QUOTE=Blondie in Spokane;4984340]ABCNEWS77 W. 66 St., New York, NY 10023
Phone: 212-456-7777

General e-mail: netaudr@abc.com
Nightline: nightline@abcnews.com
20/20: 2020@abc.com

CBS News
524 W. 57 St., New York, NY 10019
Phone: 212-975-4321
Fax: 212-975-1893
Email forms for all CBS news programs
CBS Evening News: evening@cbsnews.com
The Early Show: earlyshow@cbs.com
60 Minutes II: 60m@cbsnews.com
48 Hours: 48hours@cbsnews.com
Face The Nation: ftn@cbsnews.com

CNBC
900 Sylvan Avenue, Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
Phone: (201) 735-2622
Fax: (201) 583-5453
Email: info@cnbc.com

CNN
One CNN Center, Box 105366, Atlanta, GA 30303-5366
Phone: 404-827-1500
Fax: 404-827-1784
Email forms for all CNN news programs

Fox News Channel
1211 Ave. of the Americas, New York, NY 10036
Phone: (212) 301-3000
Fax: (212) 301-4229
comments@foxnews.com List of Email addresses for all Fox News Channel programs
Special Report with Bret Baier: Special@foxnews.com
FOX Report with Shepard Smith: Foxreport@foxnews.com
The O'Reilly Factor: Oreilly@foxnews.com
Hannity: Hannity@foxnews.com,
On the Record with Greta: Ontherecord@foxnews.com
Glenn Beck: GlennBeck@foxnews.com

MSNBC/NBC
30 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY 10112
Phone: (212) 664-4444
Fax: (212) 664-4426
List of Email addresses for all MSNBC/NBC news programs
Dateline NBC: dateline@nbcuni.com
Hardball with Chris Matthews: hardball@msnbc.com
MSNBC Reports with Joe Scarborough: joe@msnbc.com
NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams: nightly@nbc.com
NBC News Today: today@nbc.com[/QUOTE]

Belinda
04-08-2010, 06:07 AM
Thanks so much for the great contacts, Blondie. I have saved them and will be emailing every one of them today. Hopefully, if enough of us bombard them with requests, they will take an interest. If we can get the media interested, that should put some pressure on the police. JMO

I will try to come up with a decent synopsis to email and will post it in case anyone else wants to use it. Hang in there, MMD, something is bound to break soon.

Blondie in Spokane
04-08-2010, 10:51 AM
Belinda.....thank you so very much for the help....I am computer illiterate so the email synopsis would be appreciated more than you will ever know! I agree with you....persistence and patience are the key.....if we all work together we CAN get justice for Joe and MMD!! (I'm so glad to see the movement on this thread!)

missingmydad
04-08-2010, 05:19 PM
thanks i am soooo excited. i will e-mail them all again too, thanks everybody, i will be back on in a bit!!!!

missingmydad
04-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Well dads case made the the paper, The Daily Oklahoman,there was a press conference regarding the success rate of the OSBI solving homicides that is over 80%. I was asked my opinion of the percentage and I had to say what I really thought.
I cut and pasted a portion. Hope I didn't step on toes, but we are going on almost a year here....(they did get the date wrong on Jody Rilee Wilson case, and dads date was 14th not 13th)

The slaying deaths of Poteau bar owner Joe Neff on May 13, 2009, Buffalo Valley’s Frieda Dighton on June 5, 2008, and Wister’s Jody Rile Wilson in December 2007 are among other recent cases growing cold.

"I’d want to see a list of OSBI’s homicide cases,” said Marie Pitchford, Neff’s daughter. "I’d have to see the list to believe it. Show me in black and white — same thing I’d ask from an accountant.

"In my father’s case, they still haven’t interviewed our family. We were told if we had any important information, we would bring it to them. They just didn’t have time to deal with us. But what if I have some little piece of information that’s important and I don’t know?”

Read more: http://www.newsok.com/article/3451990?searched=joe%20neff&custom_click=search#ixzz0kY63lZYu
aily Oklahoman,

sarx
04-08-2010, 06:23 PM
So sorry for you MMD. Another showcase of statistics lying. How many of that homicide rate is drug and/or gang related, how many are domestic? It sure looks to me like they have a pretty lousy record when it comes to anything the least bit complex.

Kimster
04-08-2010, 06:31 PM
Well dads case made the the paper, The Daily Oklahoman,there was a press conference regarding the success rate of the OSBI solving homicides that is over 80%. I was asked my opinion of the percentage and I had to say what I really thought.
I cut and pasted a portion. Hope I didn't step on toes, but we are going on almost a year here....(they did get the date wrong on Jody Rilee Wilson case, and dads date was 14th not 13th)

The slaying deaths of Poteau bar owner Joe Neff on May 13, 2009, Buffalo Valleyís Frieda Dighton on June 5, 2008, and Wisterís Jody Rile Wilson in December 2007 are among other recent cases growing cold.

"Iíd want to see a list of OSBIís homicide cases,Ē said Marie Pitchford, Neffís daughter. "Iíd have to see the list to believe it. Show me in black and white ó same thing Iíd ask from an accountant.

"In my fatherís case, they still havenít interviewed our family. We were told if we had any important information, we would bring it to them. They just didnít have time to deal with us. But what if I have some little piece of information thatís important and I donít know?Ē

Read more: http://www.newsok.com/article/3451990?searched=joe%20neff&custom_click=search#ixzz0kY63lZYu
aily Oklahoman,

Good interview, MMD! Now it's my turn to send some emails!

:praying:

Ruflossn
04-08-2010, 09:43 PM

The slaying deaths of Poteau bar owner Joe Neff on May 13, 2009, Buffalo Valleyís Frieda Dighton on June 5, 2008, and Wisterís Jody Rile Wilson in December 2007 are among other recent cases growing cold.

"Iíd want to see a list of OSBIís homicide cases,Ē said Marie Pitchford, Neffís daughter. "Iíd have to see the list to believe it. Show me in black and white ó same thing Iíd ask from an accountant.

"In my fatherís case, they still havenít interviewed our family. We were told if we had any important information, we would bring it to them. They just didnít have time to deal with us. But what if I have some little piece of information thatís important and I donít know?Ē

aily Oklahoman,

MMD~
You did an excellent job representing your dad's case.

Ruflossn
04-08-2010, 09:44 PM
So sorry for you MMD. Another showcase of statistics lying. How many of that homicide rate is drug and/or gang related, how many are domestic? It sure looks to me like they have a pretty lousy record when it comes to anything the least bit complex.

I could not agree more.

missingmydad
04-08-2010, 11:40 PM
thanks guys! I will not know if I ticked anyone off with the news article until I call again to get updates...haha...yeah right. what updates? anyway I am just hoping for the best and pray God leads this investigation the right way. I thank you all for sending the emails to all the networks, I cannot wait to start getting replies.

Belinda
04-09-2010, 03:36 AM
I am so sorry I got pulled off-track yesterday. Will definitely work on the email this morning and post it. Sorry for the delay everyone.

Addition - Today is not looking any better. There is some major stuff going down in my household. If someone else can do the synopsis, I would be happy to send out emails. I'm really sorry.

Blondie in Spokane
04-09-2010, 09:59 AM
MMD....I almost lost my breakfast when I read your quote that LE had not (as in NEVER) interviewed you or family members???? WTF is up with that crap??? That's the first thing they're supposed to do (I read a lot of true crime and I have learned that much!). Oh, Lord....it looks like Websleuths members will have to solve this case for Oklahoma LE!! I also have to almost laugh, if it weren't so sad, but who in the HELL are they trying to kid when they say they solve 80% of their cases?? GMAFB!!!! I could list 10 right off that are unsolved from that state....I'm sorry, but Oklahoma LE really did themselves a disservice with that article. (For me it all started off with those poor Waleetka girls getting shot....and it's been downhill from there IMO.)

You sounded great, by the way, as always. You didn't sound confrontational, just inquisitive. And incredibly tactful!!

Grrrrrrrr......my blood is boiling now!!!! The nerve of them!!!

wfgodot
04-09-2010, 10:12 AM
When Pastor Carol Daniels's mother spoke to the press about not having heard from OSBI about the case for months, spokesperson Jessica Brown callously said, "She has our number," so OSBI thinks itself to be above it all when it comes to maintaining contact with the families, and believes it has no responsibility whatsoever to keep informed the people to whom progress in a case most matters - unless, of course, the case involves a family "eligible" for attention because of the power and favor they have managed to accrue in Oklahoma's class system, where lords of the manor are few and exalted but we serfs are downtrodden and many.

As for that solve-rate: HA!

Sailor Bug
04-09-2010, 11:43 AM
I have been reading about this case for 2 days.
We need the autopsy report.
It should be available through the Freedom of Info. Act.
I believe there are 2 perps attached to this murder.
At least one was recognizable to Joe.
At least one was familiar to the area.
DNA may be available from the bar but, was probably destroyed by the water.

My bold above,

After each of my brother and sisters deaths I had to write letters to the:
Office of the Chief Medical Examiner (Attorney General)

Now in each of my cases the autopsy reports state that that body specimens WILL BE DESTROYED within a certain period of time. Both my darling brothers & my favorite sister's autopsy report states it will be destroyed within 6 months.

I recieved my brothers report 1 1/2 months after his death as I flew to the location to pick it up. My sisters case however was not sent to me until 7 months after her death as One medical examiner was on charges for "changing the outcome of autopsy results" which placed innocent people in jail...so the delay I was told had to do with the medical offices changes in more people being involved with EVERY autopsy that went through.

I have learned that you indeed MUST write that office( mentioned above) for any results of the autopsy.

I have also learned that if you want postmortem specimens saved that it must be requested in writing.

Ruflossn
04-09-2010, 11:58 AM
My bold above,

After each of my brother and sisters deaths I had to write letters to the:
Office of the Chief Medical Examiner (Attorney General)

Now in each of my cases the autopsy reports state that that body specimens WILL BE DESTROYED within a certain period of time. Both my darling brothers & my favorite sister's autopsy report states it will be destroyed within 6 months.

I recieved my brothers report 1 1/2 months after his death as I flew to the location to pick it up. My sisters case however was not sent to me until 7 months after her death as One medical examiner was on charges for "changing the outcome of autopsy results" which placed innocent people in jail...so the delay I was told had to do with the medical offices changes in more people being involved with EVERY autopsy that went through.

I have learned that you indeed MUST write that office( mentioned above) for any results of the autopsy.

I have also learned that if you want postmortem specimens saved that it must be requested in writing.

Sailor Bug ~
This is great info. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

MMD~
Do you feel comfortable requesting an autopsy report?
In the case of the Weleetka girls, the report was requested and released by the media. If you are not comfortable requesting it, maybe one of the reporters you have made contact with would do it for you? An autopsy can reveal a lot about the type of offender who might have murdered your father.

Blondie in Spokane
04-09-2010, 07:58 PM
~bump~

Belinda
04-10-2010, 04:00 AM
Bumping for Mr. Neff and MMD.

Blondie in Spokane
04-10-2010, 04:33 PM
~bump~

Blondie in Spokane
04-11-2010, 01:08 PM
Sunday morning bump for Joe & MMD

Ruflossn
04-11-2010, 10:59 PM
On the OSBI website, there is a link where you can print off and send in (Snail mail) an evaluation of the OSBI. Below is the link ~

http://www.ok.gov/osbi/Citizens%27_Survey/Survey.html

Thank you for taking time to fill out the OSBI Citizens' Survey. The OSBI will use the information from this survey to evaluate the services we offer. We are committed to providing the best possible services to the community, and your input is one of the greatest tools we have that allows us to do that.

Below you will find instructions for filling out and submitting the survey.

Instructions:

1. Click the link below to open the survey.

2. Fill out the form completely.

3. Either save the survey to your computer and click here to e-mail the form, or print the form and mail it to:

Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation

Attn: Beth Miles, CALEA Manager

6600 N. Harvey

Oklahoma City, OK 73116

Blondie in Spokane
04-12-2010, 09:37 AM
Thanks for the survey, Ruflossn! I am shocked that OSBI actually would solicit public opinion! Anyway, I completed mine.....bet you can guess what my personal opinion was of their system!

Carolina Girl
04-12-2010, 06:47 PM
Bump for MMD and Joe

Blondie in Spokane
04-13-2010, 12:55 PM
~bump~

Blondie in Spokane
04-14-2010, 07:35 AM
~bump~

Blondie in Spokane
04-15-2010, 08:40 AM
~bump for Joe and MMD~

Blondie in Spokane
04-16-2010, 06:51 AM
~bump~

Blondie in Spokane
04-16-2010, 08:09 AM
MMD....

I did respond the other day to the OSBI survey that Ruflosson was kind enough to post. I was very surprised that I received a very prompt and personal reply from Director Langley who took issue with my comments regarding OSBI's handling of disappearances/murders in that state. He is steadfast in his belief that they continue to see an almost 90% resolution rate to which I take issue.

I will post these emails later as I have a lot happening right now with my son - possible recurrence of a major health issue that we need to deal with right now.

Just wanted you to know. I have to give him credit at least for the personal response which did surprise me. (I am with you, I still want to see statistics before I will buy what he's selling.)

SympatheticFriend
04-16-2010, 01:43 PM
~ bump ~ for Joe and MMD

Blondie in Spokane
04-17-2010, 01:26 AM
~bump~

Blondie in Spokane
04-17-2010, 05:44 PM
~~bump~~

Blondie in Spokane
04-18-2010, 06:57 AM
~bump~

missingmydad
04-19-2010, 01:40 AM
thanks for the bumps!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have had a crazy busy week, thanks so much for the OSBI survey link. I too am quite suprised that they are requesting the publics opinion, with all of the unsolved murders in this area. They are asking for it huh?
I will have to go back and see what I missed and try to get back on here in a day or two. Thanks so much. Please keep the prayers coming, the more the better.....

Blondie in Spokane
04-19-2010, 08:01 AM
Hi MMD...glad you are back....

You and your dad are in my daily (if not hourly) prayers....

Blondie in Spokane
04-20-2010, 08:48 AM
~bump~

Blondie in Spokane
04-21-2010, 07:28 AM
bump to the top of the page for Joe....

Blondie in Spokane
04-22-2010, 07:40 AM
~bump~

sillybilly
04-22-2010, 03:49 PM
I understand that a multi-agency task force (OSBI, FBI, US Marshal's Office and LeFlore County Sheriff's Department and LeFlore DA's office) has been formed with regard to your Dad's case and Jody Rilee Wilson's. You might want to contact the FBI to enquire if they have had a profile done in your Dad's case.

John Douglas's site sets out how FBI profilers get involved in investigating cases at:

http://www.johndouglasmindhunter.com/faqs/index.php

It looks like JED doesn't take cases directly from family members, but wouldn't hurt to join his "Bulletin Board" (message forum) to get your Dad's case on there. JD does post there personally, but how often I'm not sure.

sillybilly
04-22-2010, 05:49 PM
I never like to instill false hopes in these cases, but I think this quote gives a glimmer of hope in Joe's case.

When asked if a task force might be needed in the Andarko case, J. Brown said:

A task force means nothing without leads.

from: http://newsok.com/da-criticizes-osbi-over-carol-daniels-inquiry/article/3422863

My interpretation of that would be that there must be some leads in both Joe's case and Jody's. I hope i'm right.

sillybilly
04-22-2010, 06:15 PM
I hesitate posting this, but amma gonna do it anyway :)

Nothing enrages me more than an injustice, whether to myself or to others. Bit of my background here ...

I launched and won a major wrongful death/medmal lawsuit based on fast and furious telephone input from a prominent lawyer who was too busy to take the case. He was interested however, and very compassionate, and talked so fast it was like he had bullets coming out of his mouth. When no other lawyer would take the case because there wasn't enough $$ in it for them, I launched my own 23 pg Statement of Claim. Eventually another major lawyer felt sorry for me I guess, stepped up to the plate, and eventually there was a private settlement with a bit of $$ for me and over $100,000 for the law firm. Moral of that story is ... you've got nothing to lose MMD. Push some more buttons and don't care much about stepping on toes in the process !! This is about JUSTICE for your Dad and for YOU.

Could be the Average Joe doesn't have direct access to these guys, but here's a couple of names that spring to mind that might at least give you 5 minutes of their time on a phone call .. maybe nothing more than a direction to go in, but every little bit helps.

Scout out criminal profilers and their contact info. Here's a couple off the top of my head:

Gregg McCrary, profiler, former FBI agent, professor of forensic psychology at Nova Southeastern University in Ft. Lauderdale and Marymount University, Arlington, Virginia. Is/was(?) associated with National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime ,

Steven Egger, criminologist (used to be with University of Houston-Clear Lake)

Kim Rossmo, geographical profiler, former Vancouver PD, i think still Professor at University of Texas (or Houston?). Well known in his field, and might be able to give you some names of regular criminal profilers who could help.

Pat Brown (don't have any more contact info than she's frequently on the NG show)

OK .. 3 posts in a row, so I'm out of here ;)

As I get more time, I'll try to find more

Ruflossn
04-22-2010, 11:02 PM
I hesitate posting this, but amma gonna do it anyway :)

Nothing enrages me more than an injustice, whether to myself or to others. Bit of my background here ...

I launched and won a major wrongful death/medmal lawsuit based on fast and furious telephone input from a prominent lawyer who was too busy to take the case. He was interested however, and very compassionate, and talked so fast it was like he had bullets coming out of his mouth. When no other lawyer would take the case because there wasn't enough $$ in it for them, I launched my own 23 pg Statement of Claim. Eventually another major lawyer felt sorry for me I guess, stepped up to the plate, and eventually there was a private settlement with a bit of $$ for me and over $100,000 for the law firm. Moral of that story is ... you've got nothing to lose MMD. Push some more buttons and don't care much about stepping on toes in the process !! This is about JUSTICE for your Dad and for YOU.

Could be the Average Joe doesn't have direct access to these guys, but here's a couple of names that spring to mind that might at least give you 5 minutes of their time on a phone call .. maybe nothing more than a direction to go in, but every little bit helps.

Scout out criminal profilers and their contact info. Here's a couple off the top of my head:

Gregg McCrary, profiler, former FBI agent, professor of forensic psychology at Nova Southeastern University in Ft. Lauderdale and Marymount University, Arlington, Virginia. Is/was(?) associated with National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime ,

Steven Egger, criminologist (used to be with University of Houston-Clear Lake)

Kim Rossmo, geographical profiler, former Vancouver PD, i think still Professor at University of Texas (or Houston?). Well known in his field, and might be able to give you some names of regular criminal profilers who could help.

Pat Brown (don't have any more contact info than she's frequently on the NG show)

OK .. 3 posts in a row, so I'm out of here ;)

As I get more time, I'll try to find more

sillybilly ~
These are all great ideas. Unfortunately, there has not been a lot of info released by LE in regards to the crime scenes, condition of Joe's body etc....
There really hasn't even been enough info released to determine if the perp(s) would fall under the organized, disorganized or mixed category. If a professional profiler could obtain more info I think an accurate offender profile could be determined. I would love to read the thoughts and ideas of someone who had access to the crime scene sketches, photos, autopsy etc...

Blondie in Spokane
04-24-2010, 12:42 PM
~bump~

Blondie in Spokane
04-25-2010, 11:41 AM
I guess I'm just stubborn, but I refuse to let Joe's case languish to the back pages!!

Hang in there MMD!! Justice will come, I believe!!

zadari
04-25-2010, 12:47 PM
i think you guys are so sweet for helping her out ..

missingmydad
04-25-2010, 06:22 PM
Thanks sillybilly for the contacts I will try to reach them this week. Thanks Blondie for being stubborn and keeping us bumped up, I appreciate it more than you know! Please keep giving me any info that might be helpful.
Thanks for all the words of encouragment- I PROMISE I WILL NEVER GIVE UP, I WILL NOT QUIT SEARCHING FOR MY DADS KILLER(S), I WILL NEVER QUIT.

Blondie in Spokane
04-26-2010, 02:34 PM
~bump~

wfgodot
04-26-2010, 11:18 PM
A must-read article on OSBI's claims
OSBI's Track Record Investigated After Criticism From Lawmaker
---
The list of Oklahoma's unsolved homicides is lengthy. Pastor Carol Daniels was murdered in an Anadarko church. Taylor Paschal Placker and Skyla Whitaker were gunned down in Weleetka. The Denneys were shot to death in their Locust Grove home. Poteau bar owner Joe Neff was found dead near Pocola. Sam Sanders was killed in Fairland, his wife badly beaten. Three young girl scouts were murdered at camp in 1977 and the list goes on. All of those cases were investigated by the OSBI. All of them are unsolved.
---
http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=12379331

Salem
04-27-2010, 01:14 AM
Please continue here: OK - Joe Neff (my dad) unsolved murder 14 May 2009, #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thanks,

Salem