PDA

View Full Version : The Jaycee Dugard Story tonight 8 pm CST

Sassygerl
11-08-2009, 05:48 PM
Tonight on TLC at 8 CST. I didn't see a thread, but wanted to give everyone a heads up!

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00028641.html

Leila
11-08-2009, 09:13 PM
Tonight on TLC at 8 CST. I didn't see a thread, but wanted to give everyone a heads up!

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00028641.html

Thanks............it's on at 9:00pm here on the west coast. :)

BeenaBobba
11-08-2009, 11:16 PM
I watched this a few hours ago. It wasn't bad, but there really wasn't any new info. The reenactment scenes were sad and hard to watch.

txsvicki
11-09-2009, 12:15 AM
There were a few things I'd missed when following this case: That the school bus kids witnessed the abduction, that PG is considered a sadist, and that he went back and said "hi" to his former rape victim after being released from prison. It confirmed that the girls also lived in the back yard , that Jaycee was allowed to mother them, and the report also helped me understand the backyard better. I was glad to see that the adult rape victim K. is determined to fight and show the world what a monster P.G. is, and to help Jaycee by doing so.

Natal
11-09-2009, 05:02 AM
Actually, the entire show was paraphrasing what was allready known. The re-enactments were just a directors vision of what might have happened (with a good dollop of artistic license), I don't think it's a good idea to draw any conclusions from those.

Plus, Shaw's report pre-empted them on some stuff, making the show appear out of date. It was useful for getting a feel for the local environment though, for those of us who don't live in that area.

poco
11-09-2009, 05:05 AM
I wanted to stay awake to watch this, but I fell asleep before it even came on ----

songline
11-09-2009, 08:19 AM
I do hope that JC was able to be a mom to her girls.
TV does not get to know her privet info. This show was done from the same information we already have.
I do not know for sure that the report on TV about the level of mothering is accurate.

I will echo what others have said.
We already knew all those details from WS.
Show was no big deal at all.

Tizzle
11-09-2009, 09:57 AM
I thought the special was a good reference, but nothing in it that I didn't already know. I felt it was inaccurate on a couple of points, also.

joga
11-09-2009, 07:14 PM
There were a few things I'd missed when following this case: That the school bus kids witnessed the abduction, that PG is considered a sadist, and that he went back and said "hi" to his former rape victim after being released from prison. It confirmed that the girls also lived in the back yard , that Jaycee was allowed to mother them, and the report also helped me understand the backyard better. I was glad to see that the adult rape victim K. is determined to fight and show the world what a monster P.G. is, and to help Jaycee by doing so.

i didn't know about the school bus kids witnessing the abduction either. if that was the case, i wonder why so much suspicion fell on her step-dad, did they think he was in cahoots with whoever had taken her?

it helped me understand the backyard better as well. there were also several pictures of her mother that i hadn't seen before and Jaycee is sure a dead ringer for her mom!! the grief in Terry was so palpable and devastating just by looking at her face, so so sad...the short clip of the interview with her after they found Elizabeth Smart, she says something like "what if she's been alive out there all these years?". i still just can't even imagine when she got the call that Jaycee had been found...

jazerelle
11-10-2009, 01:06 PM
I thought the show was interesting but didn't really provide any more information just fuel for the imagination. If you have any illusions about PG not being a self centered sadist read the rape report of Katie and imagine an innocent 11 year old going through what she went through. How he told her to relax and other things making it like any pain she felt was her fault. And how NG could allow this to happen is unbelievable.

kbl8201
11-10-2009, 09:41 PM
i didn't know about the school bus kids witnessing the abduction either. if that was the case, i wonder why so much suspicion fell on her step-dad, did they think he was in cahoots with whoever had taken her?

it helped me understand the backyard better as well. there were also several pictures of her mother that i hadn't seen before and Jaycee is sure a dead ringer for her mom!! the grief in Terry was so palpable and devastating just by looking at her face, so so sad...the short clip of the interview with her after they found Elizabeth Smart, she says something like "what if she's been alive out there all these years?". i still just can't even imagine when she got the call that Jaycee had been found...

this is what bugs me most about them focusing on carl......he had supporting witnesses.
there was also a neighbor whos name escapes me, who didt see the kidnapping, but saw jaycee walking to the bust stop, just like carl said.
\

kbl8201
11-10-2009, 09:43 PM
I thought the show was interesting but didn't really provide any more information just fuel for the imagination. If you have any illusions about PG not being a self centered sadist read the rape report of Katie and imagine an innocent 11 year old going through what she went through. How he told her to relax and other things making it like any pain she felt was her fault. And how NG could allow this to happen is unbelievable.

god bless jaycee and katie.
and to think there the only 2 who ive heard them take the blame for what garrido did to jaycee. sigh.
two remarkebly strong women.

CarlK90245
11-12-2009, 02:04 AM
There were a few things I'd missed when following this case: That the school bus kids witnessed the abduction, ...

The school kids on the bus could not have witnessed the abduction. Carl Probyn witnessed the abduction from the driveway of his residence on 1090 Washoan Blvd (At the corner of Nottaway Drive). The reports indicated that she was about 200 yards away from him, which would place her near the corner of Nadowa Street. Nadowa Street is two blocks from the bus stop on the corner of Pioneer Trail and Washoan Blvd, and is not visible from that corner due to a sharp curve on Washoan Blvd between Pioneer Trail and Nadowa Street.

If you go to Google Earth, you can see what I am talking about, although in the Google Earth view, the Probyn Home is not visible under the numerous trees that surround the house.

Also, on the Dateline documentary "In Plain Sight - The Jaycee Dugard Case" with Keith Morrison, he has the following exchange with Nicole Sipes (a former schoolmate of Jaycee's):

Morrison: "Nicole Sipes, now a mother herself, was on the bus when it pulled up to Jaycee's corner. By then it had already happened."

Sipes: "The twins from across the street ran onto the bus and started yelling 'They took her, they took her, they took her'."

Morrison: "What happened then is still a vivid memory, two decades later."

Sipes: "Everybody was scared - I mean we're 11 and a police officer gets on and says we all have to stay on the bus. - you know something really bad has happened."

Morrison: "Did you have any idea what?"

Sipes: "No, we didn't know what happened until after he had told us to stay on the bus."

It is unclear from that exchange if the twins had witnessed the abduction, but I believe that the twins were relaying to the kids on the bus what the police had told them.

The full video of the MSNBC Dateline documentary "In Plain Sight - The Jaycee Dugard Case" is available here:

msnbc.com Video Player

time
11-12-2009, 11:09 AM
Carl - thank you for the information!

my2sisters
11-12-2009, 12:43 PM
Great first post, Carl! Welcome to WS and thank you for your effort in keeping the facts straight.

kbl8201
11-12-2009, 01:16 PM
huh? that was confusing
so what did the kids on the school bus see?
obviously SOMEONE saw something other then carl.

CarlK90245
11-12-2009, 06:50 PM
Also, moments after the exchange with Sipes, Morrison describes Carl Probyn as "the single, frantic eyewitness to the abduction"

lindylou
11-12-2009, 08:30 PM
I watched the special too. It did say that the kids on the bus witnessed the abduction.
I had never heard that either.

kbl8201
11-12-2009, 10:13 PM
im wondering if this just means carl was the only witness who could give an accurate description of what he saw.
it certianly seems there were other witnesses.

time
11-12-2009, 10:49 PM
Also, moments after the exchange with Sipes, Morrison describes Carl Probyn as "the single, frantic eyewitness to the abduction"

So Carl gave a description of the woman who grabbed Jaycee (looked like Nancy) and Jaycee said she remembers everything so she will probably confirm that was Nancy.

CarlK90245
11-13-2009, 02:19 AM
So Carl gave a description of the woman who grabbed Jaycee (looked like Nancy) and Jaycee said she remembers everything so she will probably confirm that was Nancy.

Yes, that is pretty much undisputed. As I understand it, Jaycee has confirmed this. Also, as a side note, in the bail hearing the prosecution alleged that the Garridos used a stun gun to subdue Jaycee.

And regarding the quote from the TLC documentary:

"The children on the bus, who also witnessed the kidnapping, told their principal about it when they got to school."

I am sure that that this statement is an error. If the bus, upon its arrival, was immediately boarded by the police, it had to have been at least 5 to 10 minutes after the abduction and the subsequent 911 call. By then, The Garridos and Jaycee would have been miles away.

time
11-13-2009, 02:34 AM
Carl, thanks again. It's good to keep things straight. I think Carl's and Jaycee testimony is enough to connect Nancy, fortunately.

It's too bad they make these mistakes in news shows/documentaries though.

Tizzle
11-13-2009, 12:49 PM

I know I'm probably going to feel silly for asking, but I don't remember seeing where JC has said she remembers everything. I know she has said that she knows horrible things were done to her and is willing to testify. I'm not disputing that she does remember, I just don't remember ever seeing this information and would like to read more about it. Anyone have the link? I'm either drawing a blank or missed it. TIA

kbl8201
11-13-2009, 12:55 PM
I know I'm probably going to feel silly for asking, but I don't remember seeing where JC has said she remembers everything. I know she has said that she knows horrible things were done to her and is willing to testify. I'm not disputing that she does remember, I just don't remember ever seeing this information and would like to read more about it. Anyone have the link? I'm either drawing a blank or missed it. TIA

i think the quote being mentioned is when carl said on august 26th that in the phone call she had with terry 'jaycee remembers everything' that was in response to, apperently, terry's questions that only jaycee should know the answers too, regarding her life before she was kidnapped.

also, when jaycee knew garrido had confessed, she admitted that garrido had 'kidnapped and raped her' so apperently she remembers that too. that's why she will be able to testify.

Tizzle
11-13-2009, 01:21 PM
i think the quote being mentioned is when carl said on august 26th that in the phone call she had with terry 'jaycee remembers everything' that was in response to, apperently, terry's questions that only jaycee should know the answers too, regarding her life before she was kidnapped.

also, when jaycee knew garrido had confessed, she admitted that garrido had 'kidnapped and raped her' so apperently she remembers that too. that's why she will be able to testify.

I was requesting a link where it has been said that JC has said she remembers everything about the day of the kidnapping. Do you have one? I already know about the information you posted.

kbl8201
11-13-2009, 01:25 PM
I was requesting a link where it has been said that JC has said she remembers everything about the day of the kidnapping. Do you have one? I already know about the information you posted.

to my knowlege there is no such article.
i think what was being made was suppoosition, a connection of one thing to another.

CarlK90245
11-13-2009, 01:49 PM

The following article indicates that Nancy has admitted to being the one who jumped out and grabbed Jaycee.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/dpgo_Wife_Garrido_Wanted_Cute_Blonde_Girl_mb_09132 009_3478500

Quote:

Nancy Garrido has told investigators explicit details of how the couple allegedly abducted Dugard, then 11, from a bus stop near her California home in 1991.

Nancy Garrido said the couple spotted Dugard walking with friends the day before they abducted her. She said they trailed her home and then returned the next morning to grab the girl.

Garrido said she jumped out of the car and abducted Dugard while her husband remained behind the wheel.

There is a scene in the TLC documentary depicting Phillip and Nancy trailing behind Jaycee and two companions. The information upon which this scene was based is probably obtained from Nancy's admission.

kbl8201
11-13-2009, 01:52 PM
The following article indicates that Nancy has admitted to being the one who jumped out and grabbed Jaycee.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/dpgo_Wife_Garrido_Wanted_Cute_Blonde_Girl_mb_09132 009_3478500

Quote:

Nancy Garrido has told investigators explicit details of how the couple allegedly abducted Dugard, then 11, from a bus stop near her California home in 1991.

Nancy Garrido said the couple spotted Dugard walking with friends the day before they abducted her. She said they trailed her home and then returned the next morning to grab the girl.

Garrido said she jumped out of the car and abducted Dugard while her husband remained behind the wheel.

There is a scene in the TLC documentary depicting Phillip and Nancy trailing behind Jaycee and two companions. The information upon which this scene was based is probably obtained from Nancy's admission.

im kinda confused.
in the 1991 people magazine article, terry says her carl and jaycee were at the craft fair that sunday.......are we saying that they were there watching?

CarlK90245
11-13-2009, 02:41 PM
im kinda confused.
in the 1991 people magazine article, terry says her carl and jaycee were at the craft fair that sunday.......are we saying that they were there watching?

Here is the 1991 People Magazine article
http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20111362,00.html

It only says the following:

"Carl's description of the woman in the car as Indian or Pakistani, with jet-black hair and dark eyes. Several people, it turns out, saw a woman matching that description at an art fair where Jaycee and her parents had been working the weekend before the abduction."

The woman seen by the people at the art fair may or may not have been Nancy, and it is possible that the art fair was not the only place that Jaycee was on the Sunday before the kidnapping. She could have been walking around with her friends during a different time of the day.

kbl8201
11-13-2009, 02:49 PM

"Carl's description of the woman in the car as Indian or Pakistani, with jet-black hair and dark eyes. Several people, it turns out, saw a woman matching that description at an art fair where Jaycee and her parents had been working the weekend before the abduction."

The woman seen by the people at the art fair may or may not have been Nancy, and it is possible that the art fair was not the only place that Jaycee was on the Sunday before the kidnapping. She could have been walking around with her friends during a different time of the day.

possibly.
but i find it strange that they lay in wait for her all night.
and that no one in the quiet neighborhood would have noticed a strange van parked all night. this isnt garrido's neighborhood were talking about.

LinasK
11-13-2009, 02:52 PM

"Carl's description of the woman in the car as Indian or Pakistani, with jet-black hair and dark eyes. Several people, it turns out, saw a woman matching that description at an art fair where Jaycee and her parents had been working the weekend before the abduction."The woman seen by the people at the art fair may or may not have been Nancy, and it is possible that the art fair was not the only place that Jaycee was on the Sunday before the kidnapping. She could have been walking around with her friends during a different time of the day.
One thing puzzles me about this article, it says the drivers door was flung open. I thought we concluded that Philip was driving and Nancy was the one who grabbed her????:waitasec:

kbl8201
11-13-2009, 02:57 PM
One thing puzzles me about this article, it says the drivers door was flung open. I thought we concluded that Philip was driving and Nancy was the one who grabbed her????:waitasec:

it was definetely the passenger side.
i think people magazine just got the info wrong.

CarlK90245
11-13-2009, 03:28 PM

This has confused me as well. Carl Probyn described that the car "cut across the road", which would seem to mean that the car, from the right side of the road, crossed over to the left side of the road. In interviews, I have heard Carl state that the car "cut her off", which would seem to mean that he pulled ahead of her and blocked her path forward. This would position the driver's door in front of Jaycee. If Nancy was in the Passenger seat, she would have had to run around the front or back of the car to grab Jaycee.

The other possibilities are (1) that the car didn't "cut her off", but rather, cut behind Jaycee walking on the left side of the road, or (2) that the car cut off Jaycee's path on the right side of the road. Both possibilities would position the passenger side door adjacent to Jaycee.

By the way, all of the reinactments that I have seen depict Jaycee walking on the right side of the road, but this seems to contradict Carl Probyn's description that the car "cut across the road". I think that this is the likely scenario, and that Carl meant to say that the the captors turned the car crossways in the road (rather than "across" the road).

my2sisters
11-13-2009, 03:30 PM

How do you know it was "definitely the passenger side"?

kbl8201
11-13-2009, 03:35 PM
How do you know it was "definitely the passenger side"?

the only thing i've seen that said it was the drivers side was the 91 peoples mag. are there other sources that says it was the driver's side?

my2sisters
11-13-2009, 03:41 PM
the only thing i've seen that said it was the drivers side was the 91 peoples mag. are there other sources that says it was the driver's side?

You were the one that said it was definite, so you tell us!

kbl8201
11-13-2009, 03:46 PM
You were the one that said it was definite, so you tell us!

everything i read carl say was that the man was driving, the woman in the passenger, and the woman grabbed jaycee.

Tizzle
11-13-2009, 04:36 PM
possibly.
but i find it strange that they lay in wait for her all night.
and that no one in the quiet neighborhood would have noticed a strange van parked all night. this isnt garrido's neighborhood were talking about.

BBM
Nancy was probably in the back and flung the BACK driver side door open. Nancy probably wasn't in the front passenger seat because she would have to get out, close the door, go around the car, grab JC and then open another door before jumping in the car with her. Or she would have to get back into the confines of a front seat and try to subdue a child. They would have thought this out ahead of time and planned for saving time by just having N in the back to jump out of and back into after grabbing JC, also giving her more room for the struggle. So, it was most likely not the front passenger side. The car (not van) they were driving when they abducted her was a 4-door.

CarlK90245
11-13-2009, 06:25 PM
To confuse the matter further ... I just viewed a clip from Missing Reward featuring Stacy Keach, filmed in August 1991.

The clip featured Carl Probyn, playing the part of himself, jumping on his bicycle and peddling up the hill, and includes a very quick and poorly filmed scene of Jaycee screaming as she is being pulled into the left side of the car, over the lap of the driver, and onto the passenger side.

Probyn stated that he insisted on doing the filming himself and said "It took us 12 hours to shoot this segment ... We did it three and four times and everything is just the way it happened".

Here is the video (with the relevant portions starting at 1:49 of the video clip):
YouTube- Jaycee Dugard A Closer Look at Her Life Since Being Kidnapped in 1991~A Look Back

I am unable to find a full version of this Missing Reward episode.

time
11-13-2009, 07:07 PM

Quote:

Oh, thank you Carl... I didn't realize she had already admitted it.

time
11-13-2009, 07:32 PM
To confuse the matter further ... I just viewed a clip from Missing Reward featuring Stacy Keach, filmed in August 1991.

The clip featured Carl Probyn, playing the part of himself, jumping on his bicycle and peddling up the hill, and includes a very quick and poorly filmed scene of Jaycee screaming as she is being pulled into the left side of the car, over the lap of the driver, and onto the passenger side.

Probyn stated that he insisted on doing the filming himself and said "It took us 12 hours to shoot this segment ... We did it three and four times and everything is just the way it happened".
<snip>

I am unable to find a full version of this Missing Reward episode.

I looked everywhere also and couldn't find the full version. I did find this which has a very plausible reenactment (1995)

http://www.veeple.com/link/nAfINsHbC%252BI%253D

my2sisters
11-13-2009, 07:49 PM
I looked everywhere also and couldn't find the full version. I did find this which has a very plausible reenactment (1995)

http://www.veeple.com/link/nAfINsHbC%252BI%253D

Thanks, time. That was one of the most heart-wrenching videos with Terry and Carl I've seen.

I think it's important that when we post that something is "definite" that we're not spreading misinformation - there's enough of that already. So I appreciate the time both you and CarlK have taken to find these reenactments.

kbl8201
11-13-2009, 08:10 PM
Thanks, time. That was one of the most heart-wrenching videos with Terry and Carl I've seen.

I think it's important that when we post that something is "definite" that we're not spreading misinformation - there's enough of that already. So I appreciate the time both you and CarlK have taken to find these reenactments.

im guessing carl's memory differs now then it did from 1991? cause there are surely two diffrent versions now.
we're really nitpicking anyways. whatever way he saw it we know he saw what really happened.

my2sisters
11-13-2009, 08:17 PM
Obviously many of us don't think so or we wouldn't be putting in so much time constantly chasing down facts that dispute what is posted even if it is just to show that we DON'T know definitively what happened! We are trying to get the facts and keep them straight in this forum.

SunnieRN
11-14-2009, 12:44 AM

Quote:

Carl and Time, thank you so much for the links. I remember watching both of these shows in 1992 and 1995 and something hadn't been setting right in my mind with ng's account of the story. Now I can place what it was!!

This proves that any testimony given by ng in regards to this case needs to be questioned and re-questioned as she must be trying to remove culpabiliity from pg and on to herself as pg is trying to do with patricia. Very disturbing as in this case it is a grevous error and LE needs to jump on this is regards to any other information she has come forth with!!

Billylee
11-14-2009, 12:48 PM

Quote:

From the above link:

The chilling tale was told to the Telegraph by Cardoza who said he was briefed on Nancy Garrido's testimony by law enforcement contacts. The Telegraph also reports that another source close to the investigation has confirmed Cardoza's account of the testimony.

Can someone please tell me who the heck is Michael Cardoza and why he would be briefed by anyone about what Nancy said? Was he going to be her attorney, or is he the DA? Curious.

time
11-14-2009, 12:59 PM
From the above link:

The chilling tale was told to the Telegraph by Cardoza who said he was briefed on Nancy Garrido's testimony by law enforcement contacts. The Telegraph also reports that another source close to the investigation has confirmed Cardoza's account of the testimony.

Can someone please tell me who the heck is Michael Cardoza and why he would be briefed by anyone about what Nancy said? Was he going to be her attorney, or is he the DA? Curious.

Billy ... I wrote more about this in the corruption thread. Cardoza really has no connection to this case. He should not have been 'briefed' by law enforcement contacts, let alone, then go to the media with that. If law enforcement is really doing this then I would call that misconduct and have to question their motives. Cardoza might have had some inside contact (not sure), but he is in no position to have been briefed on it or to be speaking as some authority on what Nancy said - it's basically heresay at this point. There is probably some truth to it and he could have gotten the info form a source who was connected to a source - and so on. That doesn't mean the details are correct. Cardoza is also the one who claims Jaycee was held in isolation for the first 3.4 years - which could help the CCCSO out of responsibility for the 1992 sighting? Maybe he is just babbling to keep himself in the news.

Cardoza is a media legal pundit. That could be all we need to know!!

Cardoza is also co-counsel for Michael Gressett, the Contra Costa County Sex Crimes Prosecutor charged with a heinous rape of a female prosecutor 20 years his junior. There's a link in the Corruption thread (I believe) to a long article about that case where Cardoza is claiming the rape charge is purely political and in the end I think everyone's dirty laundry on both sides will be aired :innocent: I'm not sure if Cardoza would be doing CCCSO any favors, but I don't trust people like him to be taking any firm stance on anything or anyone's side. They seem to just be opportunists and claim they can say and do whatever because they are defense attorneys, so who knows. Anything Cardoza says should be suspect. While he seems to be going after the Republicans on the Gresset case, claiming it's political, he has other ties, like with a judge in CCC, Barabra Zuniga. He is probably more like Daniel Horowitz who blows with the wind (aka representing Michael Savage and trying to claim CAIR is a terrorist organization).

CarlK90245
11-14-2009, 03:28 PM
... Cardoza is also the one who claims Jaycee was held in isolation for the first 3.4 years - which could help the CCCSO out of responsibility for the 1992 sighting?

Now that you mention it, Cardoza is probably the source for most of the sensational National Enquirer scoops that are supposedly "based on law enforcement sources".

The most recent is that Nancy is claiming to be the person who placed the 9-11 call to report that Jaycee emerged from a yellow Dodge van at a gas station and stared at her own missing persons poster (and that Nancy supposedly made that claim before the 9-11 call became public). This would also take the heat off of CCCSO for the poor follow-up on that incident as well.

Disclaimer: By no means should National Enquirer be considered a reliable source, as we all recall the bogus business card photo (allegedly) of Jaycee that they put on their cover.

LinasK
11-14-2009, 04:15 PM
From the above link:

He is a prominent defense attorney in the Bay Area. He assisted on Scott Peterson's defense team.

time
11-14-2009, 04:49 PM
Now that you mention it, Cardoza is probably the source for most of the sensational National Enquirer scoops that are supposedly "based on law enforcement sources".

The most recent is that Nancy is claiming to be the person who placed the 9-11 call to report that Jaycee emerged from a yellow Dodge van at a gas station and stared at her own missing persons poster (and that Nancy supposedly made that claim before the 9-11 call became public). This would also take the heat off of CCCSO for the poor follow-up on that incident as well.

Disclaimer: By no means should National Enquirer be considered a reliable source, as we all recall the bogus business card photo (allegedly) of Jaycee that they put on their cover.

You could be correct. When I researched the 1992 incident before, the whole 3 1/2 statement could only be traced back to Cardoza (btw, he made all the rounds on TV with this info also - like a mini media blitz). I really really take anything NE says with a grain of salt as far as taken it as fact (but, then agai, I don't think the regular media usually does a good job - most of the time we wouldn't know if we don't do independent research). Makes you wonder if people use these outlets to put out information sometimes. I honestly don't think journalists should be reporting anything where they claim the inside, anonymous source is law enforcement or judges or something of that nature. It give the public a false sense that the info is authoritative for one and for another, we have no way of checking up on the journalists and it can simply result in sloppy reporting.

Natal
11-14-2009, 06:34 PM
He is a former prosecutor, that is probably where his LE links come from.

Natal
11-14-2009, 06:42 PM
Makes you wonder if people use these outlets to put out information sometimes.

You bet they do. Because these news outlets use sources as the basis of their story, someone can place information (true or false) with someone who can then become the source. The target of the story (the prosecutors or the accused) have no way of countering such information prior to trial without compromising their case, so they just have to stay silent.

The tactic works both ways, it can be used by either side to advance their agenda.

The bottom line is that you can trust nothing reported about the case unless it comes from a direct source or their appointed representative.

Billylee
11-14-2009, 08:07 PM
I didn't think he had a connection to the case, but I wasn't sure. If he doesn't then anythng he says is probably just speculation on his part. That story was reported as told to the "Telegraph" a Brit paper. Were they the ones going around offering to pay for information? If he is not directly related to the case, then I wouldn't believe a word he says about what NG said or did. I think it's pure speculation on his part or like you guys said he's just trying to be in the spotlight. Do any of you recall anyone else saying that NG & PG had been "kid shopping", or was he the only source?

my2sisters
11-15-2009, 12:39 AM
I didn't think he had a connection to the case, but I wasn't sure. If he doesn't then anythng he says is probably just speculation on his part. That story was reported as told to the "Telegraph" a Brit paper. Were they the ones going around offering to pay for information? If he is not directly related to the case, then I wouldn't believe a word he says about what NG said or did. I think it's pure speculation on his part or like you guys said he's just trying to be in the spotlight. Do any of you recall anyone else saying that NG & PG had been "kid shopping", or was he the only source?

I worry that he's positioning himself to be used as a "spin doctor" to protect the SO.

time
11-15-2009, 01:54 AM
I worry that he's positioning himself to be used as a "spin doctor" to protect the SO.

The only thing is is that he is also claiming that woman is charging rape against Gessett sheerly for political reasons and wouldn't the SO be part of that old boys club? Course, like I said, he is an opportunist and maybe they don't hold any of his defense strategies against him. Maybe he is trading favors?

my2sisters
11-15-2009, 01:59 AM
The only thing is is that he is also claiming that woman is charging rape against Gessett sheerly for political reasons and wouldn't the SO be part of that old boys club? Course, like I said, he is an opportunist and maybe they don't hold any of his defense strategies against him. Maybe he is trading favors?

Now that's interesting! We need to keep a close eye on this guy!

SunnieRN
11-15-2009, 02:02 AM

I hate to say that I think he has more personal reasons for this, and I think they include mucho dinero!! He seems very greedy and not at all worried about accuracy of information in any way shape or form!!

SunnieRN
11-15-2009, 02:05 AM

Wish I would have seen this prior to my own post as this is probably more accurate and much more eloquently spoken!!