PDA

View Full Version : NC- Amber Alert issued Shaniya Davis, 5, missing from her home 11/10/09

Pages : 1 [2] 3

kellync
11-11-2009, 01:51 PM
Sleuthymama (my favorite name on websleuths!!) when the Police spokeswoman said she wanted to assure the public that they "absolutely" didnt have to worry about a kidnapper on the loose, that sealed the deal for me. They know whatever happened to her, happened within the home, and they are just waiting to either find her, or are waiting for a confession, or both. IMO

Mendara
11-11-2009, 02:02 PM
It makes me sick to think these parents kill their kids and then use actual stories of kids who are taken right out of their homes and kidnapped as their cover story.

MommyInHighHeels
11-11-2009, 02:05 PM
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6397519/

"Missing girls blanket found in trash can."

"WRAL News has confirmed that investigators recovered a blanket belonging to Shaniya Nicole Davis from a neighbor's garbage can. The neighbor said she doesn't know how the blanket wound up in the bin."

panthera
11-11-2009, 02:06 PM
And P.S. The weather here and there is TERRIBLE! I havent seen this much rain in a looong time.
I know! It's cold, windy and rainy here today. I can't imagine if Shaniya is still alive being out in this weather. :cry:

panthera
11-11-2009, 02:08 PM
You would think if she's 5 she's going to school...perhaps they can verify the last day she was at school.
I think that could be the reason for the story about her disappearing off the couch between 5:30am-6:30am. Somebody would have to explain why she wasn't going to be at school. MOO

kellync
11-11-2009, 02:08 PM
News on dumpster search, NOT GOOD

panthera
11-11-2009, 02:13 PM

"Missing girls blanket found in trash can."

"WRAL News has confirmed that investigators recovered a blanket belonging to Shaniya Nicole Davis from a neighbor's garbage can. The neighbor said she doesn't know how the blanket wound up in the bin."
Oh no. And right now, I believe the neighbor.

NewMommy09
11-11-2009, 02:13 PM

Oh My!!! Here we go folks.
I'm still praying for Shaniya. But......................

panthera
11-11-2009, 02:18 PM
Oh My!!! Here we go folks.
I'm still praying for Shaniya. But......................
Well, we definitely know now she didn't just wander out of the house. And if a stranger perp had abducted her and carried her out of the house, why would they toss the blanket in the neighbor's trash on the way out of the area? I think that leaves just about one other possibility. MOO

kellync
11-11-2009, 02:19 PM
Wondering where the neighbors trailer is in relation to Shaniyas?
Whats going on here? Could it be another John Couey situation, like with jessica Lunsford?
I lean towards something happening within the family, but I hate to think someone would do something to their own flesh and blood.

MommyInHighHeels
11-11-2009, 02:24 PM

UPDATED

"WRAL News has confirmed that investigators recovered a blanket that is believed to belong to Shaniya Nicole Davis from a neighbor's garbage can. The neighbor, Andrea Moore, said she doesn't know how the blanket wound up in the bin and said police told her the blanket belonged to the missing girl."

VIDEO

http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/6397725/

raysgirl1126
11-11-2009, 02:26 PM

UPDATED

"WRAL News has confirmed that investigators recovered a blanket that is believed to belong to Shaniya Nicole Davis from a neighbor's garbage can. The neighbor, Andrea Moore, said she doesn't know how the blanket wound up in the bin and said police told her the blanket belonged to the missing girl."

VIDEO

Oh no! This is horrible. I just don't think that blanket would end up in the neighbors trash unless the family had something to do with this. So sad!

panthera
11-11-2009, 02:27 PM
Wondering where the neighbors trailer is in relation to Shaniyas?
Whats going on here? Could it be another John Couey situation, like with jessica Lunsford?
I lean towards something happening within the family, but I hate to think someone would do something to their own flesh and blood.
I don't think this neighbor is involved at all, or knows anything about Shaniya's disappearance. It looks to me like a staged abduction. LE apparently doesn't believe there is a kidnapper to fear or it's one of the nearby SOs. MOO

kiki the parrot
11-11-2009, 02:29 PM
The blanket is a very ominous sign. No doubt LE testing for presence of urine (and other body fluids). No good, or innocent, explanation for this at all IMO. :frown:

:parrot:

kellync
11-11-2009, 02:30 PM
I don't think this neighbor is involved at all, or knows anything about Shaniya's disappearance. It looks to me like a staged abduction. LE apparently doesn't believe there is a kidnapper to fear or it's one of the nearby SOs. MOO
I agree, Panthera, but I always feel terrible for thinking it is the family, although I have since the first statements by the Police spokeswoman..

MommyInHighHeels
11-11-2009, 02:35 PM
I wish they would release the 911 call in this case. I also find it odd that all news reports state that the mother and 7 year old child have been/are being questioned, but what about the boyfriend?

ETA: The police have also stated that the father has been questioned, who we know had to fly into town.

Ms Suzanne
11-11-2009, 02:36 PM
Thank you.That's just way too convenient for this little girls blanket to be in the neighbors?garbage can.:waitasec: I guess the perp could have put it in there.But....

everyoneneedsavoice
11-11-2009, 02:40 PM

UPDATED

VIDEO

OH nooooo - this literally made me sick.

I noticed the article (can't watch video at work / iphone) didn't mention when the blanket was found...wonder if it was found yesterday, thus the reason for the comments late last evening / night?

eta: noticed same article also said mom's expected to be at police HQ today for questioning again...(paraphrased)...not looking good at all!

panthera
11-11-2009, 02:44 PM
I agree, Panthera, but I always feel terrible for thinking it is the family, although I have since the first statements by the Police spokeswoman..
Yes, I know and I hate to think it was family too, but that's the way it looks. MOO

panthera
11-11-2009, 02:46 PM
I wish they would release the 911 call in this case. I also find it odd that all news reports state that the mother and 7 year old child have been/are being questioned, but what about the boyfriend?

ETA: The police have also stated that the father has been questioned, who we know had to fly into town.
I noticed that too ~ and am beginning to think the mom & 7 y/o are being questioned about the boyfriend. :waitasec: MOO

des01
11-11-2009, 02:47 PM
All of these cases just make me sick. I have NEVER been able to understand how someone can hurt a child.

NewMommy09
11-11-2009, 02:51 PM

I agree about this looking like a staged abduction. Supposing that it WAS a stranger abduction, I just don't see any reason to discard the blanket in the neighbors trash. I can see taking the child wrapped in the blanket for several reasons. Maybe she was asleep and wrapped in it, it would have been easier for someone to take her that way then to leave the blanket. Or perhaps it's someone that has followed these kinds of cases and thought maybe wrapping her in the blanket would block her scent. But I just can't come up with any reason to discard the blanket other than in a staged abduction scenario.

Can anyone else???

kellync
11-11-2009, 02:54 PM
depending on the size of the blanket, the perpetrator might have been tripping over it if it was too long..

NewMommy09
11-11-2009, 02:54 PM
OH nooooo - this literally made me sick.

I noticed the article (can't watch video at work / iphone) didn't mention when the blanket was found...wonder if it was found yesterday, thus the reason for the comments late last evening / night?

eta: noticed same article also said mom's expected to be at police HQ today for questioning again...(paraphrased)...not looking good at all!

I haven't really seen much mention of him at all in this case. And that stirred my interest in him early on because I've found in my time here at WS that many times, what is NOT being said is more important than what IS being said.

Statistically, a child living in a home with a non-related male is 50 times more likely to be abused. Single mom's have GOT to start protecting their children better, and knowing more about the people they allow around their kids, especially in their own homes.

lilac772
11-11-2009, 02:56 PM
or the child was carried out of the home wrapped in the blanket (no longer alive) and for some (dumb) reason the blanket was not left with her, but thrown in the neighbor's trash can on the way back to the home...

NewMommy09
11-11-2009, 02:56 PM
depending on the size of the blanket, the perpetrator might have been tripping over it if it was too long..

Good point.
Also came up with: To throw off scent dogs. Perhaps they would be lead to the blanket instead of a lighter scent trail???

panthera
11-11-2009, 02:57 PM
I agree about this looking like a staged abduction. Supposing that it WAS a stranger abduction, I just don't see any reason to discard the blanket in the neighbors trash. I can see taking the child wrapped in the blanket for several reasons. Maybe she was asleep and wrapped in it, it would have been easier for someone to take her that way then to leave the blanket. Or perhaps it's someone that has followed these kinds of cases and thought maybe wrapping her in the blanket would block her scent. But I just can't come up with any reason to discard the blanket other than in a staged abduction scenario.

Can anyone else???
Even if she had dirtied the blanket during the night, just stick it in the washer. LE wouldn't really question a 5 y/o having an "accident" while sleeping. I am very curious now just what might be on the blanket, and if nothing unusual is found, definitely think it would be for staging. Another thing that doesn't make sense is the clothing she was reported "missing" in. It's a little too cold at night for just a shirt & underwear. MOO

jnTexas
11-11-2009, 02:58 PM
I have a 7 yr old daughter, and if that 7 yr old is on level for their age.....They should have no problem getting the full story out of him/her...Mine has no problem telling everything she knows...That is unless someone has scared the life out of him/her. Hope LE has a good child therapist in there talking to this child. Also would the mom have to give consent for them to talk to the child? If so I think they need to change the laws when a sibling is invovled.

des01
11-11-2009, 02:59 PM
Just wondering did searchers find the blanket or did search dogs? Doesnt make sense to me that search dogs wouldnt have found the blanket if it had been used by her recently. just thinking out loud...

panthera
11-11-2009, 02:59 PM
Good point, but it's supposed to be her blanket. I'd think it would be more "child size". MOO

lilac772
11-11-2009, 03:00 PM
or the child was carried out of the home wrapped in the blanket (no longer alive) and for some (dumb) reason the blanket was not left with her, but thrown in the neighbor's trash can on the way back to the home...

quoting myself to add that, in the above scenario, the perp would be someone from inside Shaniya's home...

Busylady
I have gone back and deleted my post that had a link to a site that I had in error thought was the regarding the mother. Kellync was kind enough to message me and let me know it was the wrong person but I had already left for the night and just now logged back in. I apologize for any confusion, the last thing I want to do is put out any incorrect info.

NewMommy09
Even if she had dirtied the blanket during the night, just stick it in the washer. LE wouldn't really question a 5 y/o having an "accident" while sleeping. I am very curious now just what might be on the blanket, and if nothing unusual is found, definitely think it would be for staging. Another thing that doesn't make sense is the clothing she was reported "missing" in. It's a little too cold at night for just a shirt & underwear. MOO

Some of the articles I've read refer to it as a NIGHTshirt. So I was thinking a long nightgown/t-shirt kinda thing. Could be wrong.

Just thought of this. But does anyone else find it a little odd that it's known and reported what color underwear the child had on?
My son is still in diapers, so I haven't done the underwear thing yet, and maybe I'll find that it's pretty normal to remember what underwear your child is wearing. But it just now hit me as a little odd.

mycroft
11-11-2009, 03:01 PM
Well, we definitely know now she didn't just wander out of the house. And if a stranger perp had abducted her and carried her out of the house, why would they toss the blanket in the neighbor's trash on the way out of the area? I think that leaves just about one other possibility. MOO

This is a very bad sign. I see no reason for a stranger to dump the blanket or a perp within the household in a simple kidnap. Fiber transfer within that small space and with that many people is expected. The only reason to throw it away that I can imagine is that she was assaulted and the person feared that their personal fluids were on that blanket. I assume that if her blood was on it, it would have been obvious.

Why the blanket and not the nightgown and undergarments too? Why not dump it all with the remains?

Perhaps they took her remains somewhere to get rid of her (I don't think she disappeared the night she was reported) and when they returned home they realized that they had failed to take the incriminating blanket along, so they got lazy and dumped it in the neighbor's garbage rather than taking it to a remote location. The only reason to use a neighbor's trash can is to avoid implicating the people in the home.

kellync
11-11-2009, 03:01 PM
I haven't really seen much mention of him at all in this case. And that stirred my interest in him early on because I've found in my time here at WS that many times, what is NOT being said is more important than what IS being said.

Statistically, a child living in a home with a non-related male is 50 times more likely to be abused. Single mom's have GOT to start protecting their children better, and knowing more about the people they allow around their kids, especially in their own homes.
My bold
(small rant here)
I have a cousin that has a myspace. Grown woman.
She thinks its ok to put her status as "single' and then post pictures of her and her kids. I have told her to STOP! posting those, believe it or not, cuz, there are people who specifically target you for that very reason. She laughs at me,and I dont say anything anymore, but c'mon! There really are men who look for this stuff! I hate to see my small family members pictures on myspace. I know she is proud of her family, but you have to be so much more careful now..(rant over)

KaylynnCouture
11-11-2009, 03:03 PM
:rose: Praying for Shaniya.

panthera
11-11-2009, 03:04 PM
quoting myself to add that, in the above scenario, the perp would be someone from inside Shaniya's home...
I can see that happening too, which would also mean, imo, that she's nearby. MOO

jnTexas
11-11-2009, 03:06 PM
this statement has bothered me since it hit the media yesterday

"There have been major DSS issues with this family – who has custody, switching back and forth," Chance said.

major DSS issues? so what can be worse than major? why were they staying there?

who has custody, switching back and forth...Does that mean switching back and forth between the Mother and Father or between the Mother and DSS?

I think if the DSS reports come out in this case we will be shocked...Well I don't know here lately nothing is shocking.

panthera
11-11-2009, 03:06 PM
Some of the articles I've read refer to it as a NIGHTshirt. So I was thinking a long nightgown/t-shirt kinda thing. Could be wrong.

Just thought of this. But does anyone else find it a little odd that it's known and reported what color underwear the child had on?
My son is still in diapers, so I haven't done the underwear thing yet, and maybe I'll find that it's pretty normal to remember what underwear your child is wearing. But it just now hit me as a little odd.
I'd read a couple of versions too (night shirt/t-shirt) but with the color of the underwear being reported it seemed it was more like a t-shirt where the underwear would be exposed. MOO

panthera
11-11-2009, 03:08 PM
This is a very bad sign. I see no reason for a stranger to dump the blanket or a perp within the household in a simple kidnap. Fiber transfer within that small space and with that many people is expected. The only reason to throw it away that I can imagine is that she was assaulted and the person feared that their personal fluids were on that blanket. I assume that if her blood was on it, it would have been obvious.

Why the blanket and not the nightgown and undergarments too? Why not dump it all with the remains?

Perhaps they took her remains somewhere to get rid of her (I don't think she disappeared the night she was reported) and when they returned home they realized that they had failed to take the incriminating blanket along, so they got lazy and dumped it in the neighbor's garbage rather than taking it to a remote location. The only reason to use a neighbor's trash can is to avoid implicating the people in the home.
I agree. And as I said, if it were simply her wetting the bed, just toss the blanket into the washer. It definitely seems now with the blanket being found in the neighbor's trash that it was a deliberate attempt to cast suspicion off everybody in Shaniya's house. Normally I couldn't see a stranger perp discarding it in somebody else's garbage ~ why not just leave it at the side of the road, for example. MOO

lilac772
11-11-2009, 03:10 PM
I'd read a couple of versions too (night shirt/t-shirt) but with the color of the underwear being reported it seemed it was more like a t-shirt where the underwear would be exposed. MOO

Respectfully bouncing off your post, panthera...

so i may be reaching here, but if there was a bedwetting issue as some posters speculate, Shaniya's underpants may have been changed prior to her "going missing", hence the detail/color known of her underpants, because they were just put on her...moo

panthera
11-11-2009, 03:10 PM
My bold
(small rant here)
I have a cousin that has a myspace. Grown woman.
She thinks its ok to put her status as "single' and then post pictures of her and her kids. I have told her to STOP! posting those, believe it or not, cuz, there are people who specifically target you for that very reason. She laughs at me,and I dont say anything anymore, but c'mon! There really are men who look for this stuff! I hate to see my small family members pictures on myspace. I know she is proud of her family, but you have to be so much more careful now..(rant over)
I knew somebody like that too. She had her full name, photos of her kids and even had her place of employment on her profile. How stupid is that! :banghead: MOO

jnTexas
11-11-2009, 03:11 PM
This case reminds me of the little boy Robert Manwell. Although he was only visiting his Mom.

panthera
11-11-2009, 03:12 PM
Respectfully bouncing off your post, panthera...

so i may be reaching here, but if there was a bedwetting issue as some posters speculate, Shaniya's underpants may have been changed prior to her "going missing", hence the detail/color known of her underpants, because they were just put on her...moo

I only speculated about the bed wetting to exclude it as a reason to toss the blanket, but if that really were an issue, yes, her underwear could've been changed before her disappearance. Assuming she really was abducted. I still think it's something far worse that may be found on the blanket. MOO

jnTexas
11-11-2009, 03:14 PM
does anyone know if the 7 yr old and Shaniya have the same Dad?

Busylady
11-11-2009, 03:15 PM
If the blanket was thrown in the neighbors trash why did the dogs not pick up Shaniya scent? If it was put inside a trash bag would that prevent the dogs from picking up her scent?

swanniee11
11-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Wouldnt antwanette davis have a record due to the drugs they found in her home? I'm looking but I don't see anything recent.

lilac772
11-11-2009, 03:17 PM
Wouldnt antwanette davis have a record due to the drugs they found in her home? I'm looking but I don't see anything recent.

hi swanniee....i have seen her name spelled the way you have it and 'antoinette' in separate media reports...i do not know which spelling is correct, but have you tried both?

panthera
11-11-2009, 03:19 PM
I'm also wondering why her name is the only one I've seen in the media articles ~ nothing on the boyfriend or dad? Or did I miss something?

swanniee11
11-11-2009, 03:20 PM
hi swanniee....i have seen her name spelled the way you have it and 'antoinette'...i do not know which spelling is correct, but have you tried both?

I have and I've come up with a 2007 arrest but nothing newer or regarding drugs.

panthera
If the blanket was thrown in the neighbors trash why did the dogs not pick up Shaniya scent? If it was put inside a trash bag would that prevent the dogs from picking up her scent?
I think the weather is severly hampering the dogs' efforts. MOO

NewMommy09

Quoting my own post to add:
I totally understand knowing the clothing your child is wearing. Especially for a careful parent, particularly one who is a member of WS ;).
I think it's important to know what your child wears everyday because you truly may need that information if (GOD FORBID) your child goes missing. But I just can't imagine specifically remembering the underwear your child has on. I would think with a 5 year old, there may still be accidents and this child may change underwear more than once in a day. Also, it seems a 5 year olds underwear would mostly be pretty generic (5 packs etc?). I'm just getting a feeling now that there is a reason for this to have been released aside from just that this is what the child was wearing when last seen. Perhaps to make a point that the child was wearing only a shirt and underwear? Perhaps knowing it will become significant if the child is found deceased? There is a saying that many people who lie create too many details in trying to cover their tracks. Perhaps this is what is bothering me about this???

Does this thought process maybe lend creedence to the theory (I THINK first posted by Panthera) that the child may have wet her bed? In that scenario, OK, maybe if mom had just changed the child at 5:30 AM she would easily remember what underwear she put on her. But if the child was hurt/killed for wetting her bed, would the mother bother to change her?

Sorry guys, I know this is a jumbled thought process here. I did my best to get my thoughts out.

kiki the parrot
11-11-2009, 03:29 PM

(bbm) AGREE!!!!

momtective
11-11-2009, 03:30 PM
Knowing which neighbors trash bin the blanket was in might give an indication as to which direction someone traveled with Shaniya. Anyone know which neighbor?

NewMommy09
11-11-2009, 03:34 PM
Knowing which neighbors trash bin the blanket was in might give an indication as to which direction someone traveled with Shaniya. Anyone know which neighbor?

Her name was listed in one of the articles. Will go back to look.

nursebeeme
11-11-2009, 03:35 PM
perhaps it was the neighbor interviewed by media... I posted the video in here somewhere and it had her name on it... last name iirc started with a J

kiki the parrot
11-11-2009, 03:37 PM

I agree. And as I said, if it were simply her wetting the bed, just toss the blanket into the washer. It definitely seems now with the blanket being found in the neighbor's trash that it was a deliberate attempt to cast suspicion off everybody in Shaniya's house. Normally I couldn't see a stranger perp discarding it in somebody else's garbage ~ why not just leave it at the side of the road, for example. MOO

I think that's plausible lilac. If she had expired and been wrapped in blanket it may not have been disposed of until later. Could have been left in car eg, and disposed of hastily afterward. Hard to say what people will do in a panic-stricken state, they are not always thinking clearly and DO sometimes make stupid mistakes. But if we believe blanket could have easily been laundered--not discarded--for one type of fluid then the same holds true, whether urine or w/e else. However time is often a factor, and there may not have been sufficient time for laundering which could raise suspicions depending upon when this possibly key detail was remembered. This could have even been in the house or a vehicle eg until following initial searches. In any case I'm not totally convinced it was necessarily staging, it could just as likely have been careless oversight or even paranoid afterthought IMO.

NewMommy09
11-11-2009, 03:37 PM

(Snipped) The neighbor, Andrea Moore, said she doesn't know how the blanket wound up in the bin and said police told her the blanket belonged to the missing girl. (End Snip).

Perhaps we can find that person's address through Whitepages or other means.

watcher9
11-11-2009, 03:38 PM
Did LE check the trash can for fingerprints?

jnTexas
11-11-2009, 03:39 PM

(Snipped) The neighbor, Andrea Moore, said she doesn't know how the blanket wound up in the bin and said police told her the blanket belonged to the missing girl. (End Snip).

wonder if it was trash day? where the cans out by the road? or up next to the home?

ETA: and if it was trash day what time did the neighbor put her trash out? That would narrow down a time line some.

NewMommy09
11-11-2009, 03:42 PM
wonder if it was trash day? where the cans out by the road? or up next to the home?

ETA: and if it was trash day what time did the neighbor put her trash out? That would narrow down a time line some.

Hmmm, would there be info online as to what the trash days are for different area's?
Good thinking jnTX. Is there a mandated trash pick up area?
Whole new set of questions here.

ETA: Just thought of this. If someone (insider OR stranger) carried Shaniya away from the home, perhaps the blanket was dropped somewhere. Anyone could have picked it up and thrown it in the nearest trash can, especially if it was muddied, torn, or otherwise ruined. I would assume if that's the case, the person who found it would come forward, so this may not be a likely scenario. But wanted to put things out there as they come to me. This case has my brain working overtime today. (Sorry momtective, I think this is similar to your theory.)

MommyInHighHeels
11-11-2009, 03:43 PM

I found it online, but I doubt we can post it here.

jnTexas
11-11-2009, 03:44 PM
WRAL.com is suppose to have more info from the neighbor Ms Moore on their later newcast. That is what they said on the video on their website.

panthera
11-11-2009, 03:47 PM
I found it online, but I doubt we can post it here.
All I'm curious about is where she lives in relation to Shaniya's house, such as if it's next door, or along the way one would take to get out of the mh park. "Neighbor" could be anyone within the mh park, imo. MOO

jnTexas
11-11-2009, 03:47 PM
In the heli video on Wral.com from yesterday it does appear there are trash cans out by the road. Hopefully the neighbor will state what time she put her trash out at the road when they interview her this evening.

kellync
11-11-2009, 03:49 PM
Just want to say God Bless the people out searching for this baby today. The weather is horrendous.

jnTexas
11-11-2009, 03:50 PM
All I'm curious about is where she lives in relation to Shaniya's house, such as if it's next door, or along the way one would take to get out of the mh park. "Neighbor" could be anyone within the mh park, imo. MOO

according to google maps it is 203 ft from Shaniya's home. I'm thinking like three houses down on same street.

jokie7348
11-11-2009, 03:51 PM

difference in addresses 1116......1119

momtective
11-11-2009, 03:52 PM
If the trash had been picked up then the blanket wouldn't have been found. Safe to say trash had not been collected. Neighbors addy is **19 Shaniya's addy is **16

Kimberlyd125
11-11-2009, 03:53 PM
Hey y'all.
I've not been able to get on since early this morning. Going back to page 8 to catch up. Any news today?
TIA

Busylady
11-11-2009, 03:55 PM
If I am looking at the google earth map correctly (I am horrible with maps) it appears where the blanket was found is further into the mobile home park vs heading towards an exit of the park.

panthera
11-11-2009, 03:56 PM
In the heli video on Wral.com from yesterday it does appear there are trash cans out by the road. Hopefully the neighbor will state what time she put her trash out at the road when they interview her this evening.
Hopefully but if it's out by the road anybody could've randomly put it there unless the containers are marked for the various addresses within the park. That would also go back to the theory that perhaps the perp forgot it in their vehicle while out disposing of Shaniya and tossed it coming back home. MOO

watcher9
These numbers are odd and even - across the street from each other?

nursebeeme
If I am looking at the google earth map correctly (I am horrible with maps) it appears where the blanket was found is further into the mobile home park vs heading towards an exit of the park.
like back toward the woods?

watcher9
11-11-2009, 03:57 PM
These numbers are odd and even - across the street from each other?

kiki the parrot
11-11-2009, 04:00 PM
Are Fayetteville police currently planning a presser or was this said earlier. TIA

swanniee11
11-11-2009, 04:00 PM
IMO, when you googleearth this location, you can see down the streets and at the trailers that they keep their trash cans either near the street or at least on the grass or by the trailers. The trash can that the blanket was put in could be one that sits out all the time and has easy access to put something in it. It may not matter when garbage day is. IMO

nursebeeme
11-11-2009, 04:01 PM
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=1116-A+Sleepy+Hollow+Drive,+Fayetteville,+NC&daddr=1119+Sleepy+Hollow+Drive,+Fayetteville&hl=en&geocode=FVGaFwId_79L-ykNpaf1fWyriTGy6Gn_wqZpRw%3B&mra=ls&sll=35.101399,-78.921618&sspn=0.002098,0.004367&ie=UTF8&ll=35.100951,-78.921989&spn=0.001049,0.002183&t=h&z=18

here ya go... you may have to zoom out (map from ***16 to ***19)

Busylady
11-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Well I am confused because if you use Bing maps it shows it the opposite and shows **19 headed out of the mobile home park - so I am gonna leave maps up to someone else.

mycroft
11-11-2009, 04:05 PM
difference in addresses (edited out)16......(edited out)19

(numbers edited out of quotation by me)

Are odd and even on the same side of the road? Or all of the homes on the same side of the road?

And another question for anyone who knows specifically about that home or in general: Are their usually washer/dryers in the trailer or is there a central laundry facility, or no facility at all and they go to a laundromat?

panthera
11-11-2009, 04:07 PM
difference in addresses.....
That to me sounds like maybe next door to each other. Of course though I'm in a house on a residential street. :waitasec:

kellync
11-11-2009, 04:07 PM

Are odd and even on the same side of the road? Or all of the homes on the same side of the road?

And another question for anyone who knows specifically about that home or in general: Are their usually washer/dryers in the trailer or is there a central laundry facility, or no facility at all and they go to a laundromat?
The only thing that I can add is that at Shaniyas house, there was laundry hanging out on the clothes line

Busylady
11-11-2009, 04:08 PM
http://www.bing.com/maps/#JmNwPTM1LjEwMDg4Nzg2NDgyODExfi03OC45MjIyMzMzNTgwM jU1NSZsdmw9MTkmc3R5PXImcnRwPXBvcy4zNS4xMDA4NjUwNjY wNTE0OF8tNzguOTIyMjYyODYyMzI0NzFfMTExNiUyMFNsZWVwe SUyMEhvbGxvdyUyMERyJTJDJTIwRmF5ZXR0ZXZpbGxlJTJDJTI wTkMlMjAyODMxMS0yODc1X19fZV9+cG9zLjM1LjEwMDkxMDY2M zYwNDczNl8tNzguOTIyMjAzODUzNzI2MzlfMTExOSUyMFNsZWV weSUyMEhvbGxvdyUyMERyJTJDJTIwRmF5ZXR0ZXZpbGxlJTJDJ TIwTkMlMjAyODMxMS0yODc2X19fZV8mcnRvcD0wfjB+MH4=

This is the bing map - click aerial then birdseye view

panthera
11-11-2009, 04:10 PM

Mobile homes usually have a hookup for a washer/dryer inside. This looks like a single-wide though so maybe not?

panthera
11-11-2009, 04:11 PM
The only thing that I can add is that at Shaniyas house, there was laundry hanging out on the clothes line
I saw that photo too but now I can't remember which article it was at.

nursebeeme
11-11-2009, 04:12 PM
http://www.bing.com/maps/#JmNwPTM1LjEwMDg4Nzg2NDgyODExfi03OC45MjIyMzMzNTgwM jU1NSZsdmw9MTkmc3R5PXImcnRwPXBvcy4zNS4xMDA4NjUwNjY wNTE0OF8tNzguOTIyMjYyODYyMzI0NzFfMTExNiUyMFNsZWVwe SUyMEhvbGxvdyUyMERyJTJDJTIwRmF5ZXR0ZXZpbGxlJTJDJTI wTkMlMjAyODMxMS0yODc1X19fZV9+cG9zLjM1LjEwMDkxMDY2M zYwNDczNl8tNzguOTIyMjAzODUzNzI2MzlfMTExOSUyMFNsZWV weSUyMEhvbGxvdyUyMERyJTJDJTIwRmF5ZXR0ZXZpbGxlJTJDJ TIwTkMlMjAyODMxMS0yODc2X19fZV8mcnRvcD0wfjB+MH4=

This is the bing map - click aerial then birdseye view
it looks the same to me as the google map busy... just taken from a different angle

kellync
11-11-2009, 04:14 PM
The latest one

nursebeeme
11-11-2009, 04:15 PM
http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/6397725/ this video shows the laundry.. however, in those bing and google maps you wouldn't see the laundry as they are not usually recent pictures (usually a few years old) when I google earth my address in Germany where I lived four years ago I can still see my van there! It is cool!

NewMommy09
11-11-2009, 04:17 PM

Thanks. That's very interesting info.

O/T but it's good to see you Busy. I don't think I've posted live on a thread with you since early in Kara Kopetsky's case. Weren't you the one who was gathering local kids for searches at the lake where Kelsey Smith was found? Sorry if I'm wrong.

panthera
11-11-2009, 04:18 PM
The latest one
Thanks so much ~ I've been to several sites looking for new info. & my memory lapsed!

Busylady
11-11-2009, 04:19 PM
You have a great memory!! I think about Kara all the time wish we could find her.

Thanks. That's very interesting info.

O/T but it's good to see you Busy. I don't think I've posted live on a thread with you since early in Kara Kopetsky's case. Weren't you the one who was gathering local kids for searches at the lake where Kelsey Smith was found? Sorry if I'm wrong.

panthera
11-11-2009, 04:20 PM
http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/6397725/ this video shows the laundry.. however, in those bing and google maps you wouldn't see the laundry as they are not usually recent pictures (usually a few years old) when I google earth my address in Germany where I lived four years ago I can still see my van there! It is cool!
I'd imagine this photo was taken yesterday? If so, now I'm wondering if somebody will say her blanket was on the clothes line. :waitasec:

lilac772
11-11-2009, 04:20 PM
maybe there will be an update on the 5pm news...that's 40 minutes from now, correct ?

Busylady
11-11-2009, 04:23 PM
Thanks I get all turned around - to me on the bing map it looks like **19 (flag B) is closer to Murchison Rd, (headed out of park) and on google **16 is closer to Murchison Rd.

it looks the same to me as the google map busy... just taken from a different angle

NewMommy09
11-11-2009, 04:24 PM
The latest one

You don't get a really good view, but it looks like there are no drapes or blinds in the trailer. If this was a stranger abduction, the perp could have easily seen this little angel alone on the couch. (Reminiscent of the Brianna Denison case).

nursebeeme
11-11-2009, 04:24 PM
I'd imagine this photo was taken yesterday? If so, now I'm wondering if somebody will say her blanket was on the clothes line. :waitasec: now that is one heckuva thought there panthera!

NewMommy09
11-11-2009, 04:29 PM
You have a great memory!! I think about Kara all the time wish we could find her.

Same here. I'll never forget her. Also, just FYI, I had some account issues and I was posting as StillHoping then. The account was merged with this one. I won't hold it against you if you don't remember me. :blushing:
It was amazing that you tried to organize those searches. I still get :furious: thinking about authorities making y'all leave.

Glad your here working on Shaniya's case with us.

NewMommy09
11-11-2009, 04:31 PM
I'd imagine this photo was taken yesterday? If so, now I'm wondering if somebody will say her blanket was on the clothes line. :waitasec:

I think your post is meant to head another direction. But it made me think, could that be why the dogs didn't hit on the blanket? It had been washed and didn't carry Shaniya's scent?

panthera
11-11-2009, 04:35 PM
You don't get a really good view, but it looks like there are no drapes or blinds in the trailer. If this was a stranger abduction, the perp could have easily seen this little angel alone on the couch. (Reminiscent of the Brianna Denison case).
I couldn't really tell just from the close up of that one window. I think LE would urge the public to be more vigilant if they believed a stranger in the area was abducting children from their homes. MOO

panthera
11-11-2009, 04:37 PM
I think your post is meant to head another direction. But it made me think, could that be why the dogs didn't hit on the blanket? It had been washed and didn't carry Shaniya's scent?
I think so, and then maybe out there in the rain (depending when it ended up in the trash). And yes, I was referring to "somebody" as being one who was living in Shaniya's house. MOO

Busylady
11-11-2009, 04:40 PM
Wondering if the mother reported that Shaniya's blanket was missing from the start.

nursebeeme
11-11-2009, 04:45 PM
I hope that something comes of all the questioning of the mother and seven year old!

NewMommy09
11-11-2009, 04:46 PM
I just wanted to take a minute to verbally pat everyone on the back. It's truly amazing to see the work that gets done here at WS. It feels really great to be a part of this site, in a world where tragedy happens every minute of every day. It's nice to have WS to come to and know that there are still people out there with good morals, kind hearts, and the want to lend a helping hand to a complete stranger. Don't misunderstand, I realize that there are probably more "bad people" lurking and even posting here than many of us would ever want to know. But there are also some truly upstanding people here. Thanks everyone, inluding Tricia, and all mods and admin.

There is VERY little information out there about Shaniya. But there are some truly interesting theories, and a lot of tidbit information that has been sleuthed out on this case.

KaylynnCouture
11-11-2009, 04:49 PM
Wondering if the mother reported that Shaniya's blanket was missing from the start.

I don't remember seeing it in the initial reports.

panthera
11-11-2009, 04:50 PM
I'm wondering that too but after seeing the full clothes line I'd imagine she could always say the blanket was out there. MOO

NewMommy09
11-11-2009, 04:51 PM
I don't recall seeing anything about a blanket missing either.

elle1919
11-11-2009, 04:53 PM
Has the Mommy of this beautiful little girl, or any family member been interviewed to speak out or plea for the return or Shaniya? I have read every page of this thread but I didn't find my answer.

NewMommy09
11-11-2009, 04:55 PM
Elle, not that I have seen. In fact, I've never even seen a picture of the mom.
Although, I could have missed it, I have limited web access at work.

lilac772
11-11-2009, 04:55 PM
not that i have seen, elle, and i have looked around the net quite a bit...

there is very little info out there right now, imo..

panthera
11-11-2009, 04:57 PM
Has the Mommy of this beautiful little girl, or any family member been interviewed to speak out or plea for the return or Shaniya? I have read every page of this thread but I didn't find my answer.
Not that I've seen. The only thing I've read about Shaniya's mom is she was questioned by LE yesterday and continues to be again today. MOO

MommyInHighHeels
11-11-2009, 04:57 PM
Updated

"Moore said she was awakened by noises outside her home at about 3 a.m. Tuesday.

"It sounded like somebody was beating," she said.

She went back to sleep but was awakened later by police saying they were confiscating her trash can because it contained evidence in the disappearance of her young neighbor.

"Every time I think about it, it upsets me," she said. "The idea that this baby was missing is bad in itself, but actually feeling like I had something to do with it, that's pretty hard to deal with, this evidence being in my trash can."

Moore said she has no idea how the blanket got into her garbage can. She said police told her it was covered in feces and that feces were also found on the back porch of Davis' home."

NewMommy09
11-11-2009, 04:59 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw Shaniya's DOB posted here earlier. Does anyone remember it or where I can find it?
We were discussing earlier about when the last time Shaniya was seen at school was. But I'm thinking, depending on her birthdate, she might not have been in school yet.

I'm about to check Topix again for comments.

panthera
11-11-2009, 05:00 PM
Prime News is just starting on HLN and they'll talk about Shaniya.

lurkeyloo
11-11-2009, 05:02 PM
Shaniya on HLN now

lurkeyloo
11-11-2009, 05:03 PM
Sister rents the mobile home over the summer. Mom and Shaniya's family moved in. Also saying 4 surveillance cameras in the MH park.

jnTexas
11-11-2009, 05:04 PM
Updated

"Moore said she was awakened by noises outside her home at about 3 a.m. Tuesday.

She went back to sleep but was awakened later by police saying they were confiscating her trash can because it contained evidence in the disappearance of her young neighbor.

"Every time I think about it, it upsets me," she said. "The idea that this baby was missing is bad in itself, but actually feeling like I had something to do with it, that's pretty hard to deal with, this evidence being in my trash can."

Moore said she has no idea how the blanket got into her garbage can. She said police told her it was covered in feces and that feces were also found on the back porch of Davis' home."

oh this is not good!! Sounded like beating at 3am why in the HELLO didn't she call LE?

NewMommy09
Prime News is just starting on HLN and they'll talk about Shaniya.

Please paraphrase anything important. I can't watch, still at work.

And so I don't have to post again. OMG on the feces covered blanket and back porch.

lilac772
Updated

the statement, "it sounded like somebody was beating", does not make sense to me...like somebody was beating _____?, or like somebody was being beaten?

anyone have any ideas about that statement seeming incomplete? tia

lurkeyloo
Landlord says no way someone could go in and out of that trailer without the occupants knowing.

nursebeeme
11-11-2009, 05:05 PM
Updated

bbm.... not good. not good at all.

KaylynnCouture
11-11-2009, 05:07 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw Shaniya's DOB posted here earlier. Does anyone remember it or where I can find it?
We were discussing earlier about when the last time Shaniya was seen at school was. But I'm thinking, depending on her birthdate, she might not have been in school yet.

I'm about to check Topix again for comments.

February 14th, 2004 is her birthdate, according to http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=1135194&orgPrefix=NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

panthera
11-11-2009, 05:07 PM
HLN reporter spoke with mh park manager today. Over the past summer, Shaniya's mother put in application to rent but denied. Mom's sister also applied and moved in. Then Shaniya's mom moved in. Manager says that absolutely somebody else would hear/see something if stranger perp entered park & took Shaniya from home. Also has video cameras throughout park. Only two SOs living in park, not more. Mother, aunt, aunt's son, infant in house. Manager doesn't know where infant came from since neither woman appeared to be pregnant when moved into house last summer. Reporter talked to LE about drug raid last summer. Some questions now as to what house was involved since they just moved into this mh in August.

kiki the parrot
11-11-2009, 05:08 PM
Moore said she was awakened by noises outside her home at about 3 a.m. Tuesday.

Moore said she has no idea how the blanket got into her garbage can. She said police told her it was covered in feces and that feces were also found on the back porch of Davis' home.

The Davis family wasn't allowed to return to the home Tuesday because officials deemed a health hazard due to extensive sewage leaks.

Police are looking at surveillance video of anyone who left the Sleepy Hollow Mobile Home Park early Tuesday, Moore said.

(bbm) Like someone being beaten? I pray that's not what she meant, but that's all I can make of that. She lives close enough that she might have heard something tho which is what worries me.

At least if they have surveillance maybe they can rule out anybody from outside Sleepy Hollow entering the neighborhood of vincinity of her home at that hour.

NewMommy09
11-11-2009, 05:08 PM
O/T (Sorry) but found this while searching at Topix. There is only one topix comment and it's interesting to say the least.
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7087644&rss=rss-wtvd-article-7087644

This mother put shotguns in her childrens faces, choked them til their "voice turned low", chained the fridge shut so they couldn't eat, and more. .

OMFG. :furious::furious::furious:

lurkeyloo
11-11-2009, 05:09 PM
Manager also says that the adults from the home appear on surveillance video comming out of the house and looking around. no more details provided, other than police have the videos @ this time.

everyoneneedsavoice
11-11-2009, 05:11 PM
From http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6397519/ (Thanks Mommyinhighheels)

Guess they did find the blanket yesterday...sounds like they found it early on..not sure how they would think 'no foul play' having already found the blanket. Guessing they were trying not to show their hand???

nursebeeme
11-11-2009, 05:12 PM
Manager also says that the adults from the home appear on surveillance video comming out of the house and looking around. no more details provided, other than police have the videos @ this time.
good! signed, sealed, and delivered... now where is this baby!

NewMommy09
11-11-2009, 05:13 PM
Updated

It sounds like this little baby girl had the crap beat out of her, literally. And I am NOT saying that to be funny or for the pun. Nothing funny about this. OMG.

jnTexas
11-11-2009, 05:14 PM
I'm so glad the MH park had cameras.

NewMommy09
11-11-2009, 05:15 PM
February 14th, 2004 is her birthdate, according to http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=1135194&orgPrefix=NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Thanks. So she turned 5 in February. She should be in school.

lilac772

Moore said she has no idea how the blanket got into her garbage can. She said police told her it was covered in feces and that feces were also found on the back porch of Davis' home.

The Davis family wasn't allowed to return to the home Tuesday because officials deemed a health hazard due to extensive sewage leaks.

Police are looking at surveillance video of anyone who left the Sleepy Hollow Mobile Home Park early Tuesday, Moore said.

(bbm) Like someone being beaten? I pray that's not what she meant, but that's all I can make of that. She lives close enough that she might have heard something tho which is what worries me.

At least if they have surveillance maybe they can rule out anybody from outside Sleepy Hollow entering the neighborhood of vincinity of her home at that hour.

kiki, i agree, but the statement lacks clarity, imo...also, i just listened to local (nc) abc 5pm news and they just mentioned the blanket being found in neighbor's trash...no feces or details like this particular article...

panthera
I'm curious now after hearing about the video cameras how many hours pass before it loops over itself. The video that captured adults coming out of the house and looking around would've been in the same time frame as when this alleged perp was supposed to have abducted her. But earlier in the morning or the previous night may have been taped over already. They did say on HLN a few minutes ago that LE can confiscate the hard drive and analyze it. MOO

jnTexas
11-11-2009, 05:16 PM
when a person dies does the body release the bowels?

I'm really hoping the feces had something to do with the leaking sewage. If not then I hope that happened after she past.

panthera
11-11-2009, 05:16 PM
I'm so glad the MH park had cameras.
One small blessing there that can prove if somebody ever entered the home or abducted her. MOO

elle1919
11-11-2009, 05:17 PM
Hopefully the feces that was found was not because the little one lost control of her bowels, I read that there was some type of sewage problem in the home.

elle1919
11-11-2009, 05:18 PM
from article

snip~The Davis family wasn't allowed to return to the home Tuesday because officials deemed a health hazard due to extensive sewage leaks.

Police are looking at surveillance video of anyone who left the Sleepy Hollow Mobile Home Park early Tuesday, Moore said. ~ end

panthera

I'm really hoping the feces had something to do with the leaking sewage. If not then I hope that happened after she past.
The sewage problem wouldn't have anything to do with her blanket though if it had been in bed with her. I can see now why it was in the trash can but sadly it's looking even more ominous.

lurkeyloo
I'm curious now after hearing about the video cameras how many hours pass before it loops over itself. The video that captured adults coming out of the house and looking around would've been in the same time frame as when this alleged perp was supposed to have abducted her. But earlier in the morning or the previous night may have been taped over already. They did say on HLN a few minutes ago that LE can confiscate the hard drive and analyze it. MOO

Hmmm. Good question. I guess it would depend on the type of equipment. The newer equipment does not usually loop over anymore, AFAIK.

kiki the parrot
11-11-2009, 05:19 PM
kiki, i agree, but the statement lacks clarity, imo...also, i just listened to local (nc) abc 5pm news and they just mentioned the blanket being found in neighbor's trash...no feces or details like this particular article...

Ok there are no good options here... but there was reportedly a sewage problem so terrible that the D family has since been evacuated or ordered to leave. Not sure whether blanket could have been soiled in another manner or what to think about that particular sordid detail. I just want to know where is this poor child! :prayer:

everyoneneedsavoice
11-11-2009, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the updates for those who can't watch / listen right now!

Unfortunately, not the updates I wanted to hear, but seems like LE is on top of things and doing a great job already. These updates, while brief, provided a lot of information for me...think LE had the perp pegged early on! Sad, very, very, sad for Shaniya. The blanket and feces tells me more than I needed to know...praying that some how, some way, reporter got this statement wrong.

everyoneneedsavoice
11-11-2009, 05:21 PM

not sure if anyone answered you already, but unfortunately,

Yes...yes, they do.

nursebeeme
well, they surly were not in so much of a rush to throw away the feces covered blanket that they walked next door to the neighbor's can (ding...ding... ding.... that is the sound my hinky meter makes) and they were not bright enough to conceal it better (ding ding ding) and/or were in such a rush to conceal what they had done that they threw it in passing, into the neighbor's can (ding ding ding)

With all that being said it should not be too hard to find this child. They are not the sharpest tacks imhoo.

kiki the parrot
I suppose it is possible it could have been used to clean up spillage or something at the time investigators--and/or the health dept.--paid a visit. How awful for anyone to be living in those conditions.

lurkeyloo
11-11-2009, 05:22 PM
Usually if there is a sewage problem it would be in the yard or under the house right? Not inside the house. Maybe the blanket was dragged through the yard, and got feces on it that way. just a thought...

panthera
11-11-2009, 05:23 PM
Hmmm. Good question. I guess it would depend on the type of equipment. The newer equipment does not usually loop over anymore, AFAIK.
I'd be kind of surprised if it was state of the art equipment at a park with rundown mobile homes, at least one of which has sewage problems. But who knows. MOO

elle1919
11-11-2009, 05:24 PM
Just my opinion but I never understood the search for a missing child being called off because of inclement weather. If the child is out there isn't she out there in the inclement weather? These are the first hours after the child is missing, we can't just turn back the hands on the clock when the rains and wind stops.

Something tells me perhaps they don't believe she is out in "the weather"

kiki the parrot
11-11-2009, 05:24 PM
Usually if there is a sewage problem it would be in the yard or under the house right? Not inside the house. Maybe the blanket was dragged through the yard, and got feces on it that way. just a thought...

I guess I don't know about these things, but just assumed if they were ordered to leave that blanket might have come into contact :confused: Like I said, no good news here, guess we can only be glad at least the other kids are out of there.

nursebeeme
11-11-2009, 05:25 PM
elle, I believe it was d/t the type of search they were doing.. I do not think they suspended everything... (I may be wrong)

everyoneneedsavoice
11-11-2009, 05:26 PM
But...feces on the Davis' back porch also???

Wondering...
Was feces on blanket and carried out back door to neighbors trash?

oh...nevermind, I can't even type my other thoughts...dear God that poor baby! I so hope I'm wrong and she'll be found safe, but it doesn't look / sound that way.

NewMommy09
11-11-2009, 05:26 PM

My understanding is yes IF there is waste to be purged, but I don't think it's necessarily instant. It would be much more likely if said person was beaten, to lose control of their bowels. I know if someone has eaten, but the food hasn't been digested, the food stays in their stomach. And forensics officers can often determine what a victim ate that day.

Hopefully there is someone here who can clarify this.

OH PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let the feces be from the septic issue. (I really don't think they would even release that info concerning Shaniya's missing if it was, but PLEASE). My heart dropped when I read that and I started hyperventilating. I didn't even connect it at first to the septic issue.

daisy7
11-11-2009, 05:29 PM

Once, I lived in a house where the septic backed (needed to get a new one) and all the stuff starting coming out of the toilet. It was gross!!

everyoneneedsavoice
11-11-2009, 05:29 PM
well, they surly were not in so much of a rush to throw away the feces covered blanket that they walked next door to the neighbor's can (ding...ding... ding.... that is the sound my hinky meter makes) and they were not bright enough to conceal it better (ding ding ding) and/or were in such a rush to conceal what they had done that they threw it in passing, into the neighbor's can (ding ding ding)

With all that being said it should not be too hard to find this child. They are not the sharpest tacks imhoo.

I thought the same thing...then began wondering when their trash pick up was scheduled?

Maybe they thought trash would be picked up Tuesday morning...before anything could be found? Why call LE before ensuring trash is emptied? IF someone else in house did it and trashed the blanket, maybe they were counting on mom learning baby was missing so soon???

I'm with you...sharp as a tack!

kiki the parrot
11-11-2009, 05:31 PM
The physical and psychological conditions some children live in are deplorable. :( PLEASE GOD I pray little ones are discovered and rescued before it is too late! :mad:

belimom
11-11-2009, 05:33 PM
Okay - I can't help but wonder: does the sewage backup have something to do with this child's disappearance? Such as, where they his her body (if in fact she's no longer alive). I would think if they put her in the septic tank then LE would've noticed a fresh patch of dirt in the yard. Maybe when they cleaned up... :(.... they flushed too many paper products?

IDK. Just seems suspicious. I also wondered if LE is using the sewage backup to keep them out of the house so more evidence can be collected. But, I think if they needed evidence they would just say so and get a warrant.

panthera
11-11-2009, 05:34 PM

A lot of "dings", imo! If there's an innocent explanation for discarding the blanket such as it becoming contaminated from the sewage problem why take it to the neighbor's trash? :waitasec: MOO

jnTexas
11-11-2009, 05:34 PM
looks like the drug bust had nothing to do with this family if they moved in August

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/10/950973

A previous warrant had been served at the same residence July 21. In that search police uncovered narcotics.

momtective
11-11-2009, 05:35 PM
Updated

New theory...same terrible ending.
Baby gets up during the night, goes to potty, forgets and flushes the toilet which cases it to over flow... BF or Mom is pi$$ed, mops up floor with blanket, beats h3ll out of baby...resulting in her death.
BF or Mom Disposes of blanket in neighbors trash bin...disposes of baby who knows where...but I'm guessing it's somewhere close by. Maybe an open well, storm cellar (if they have those in the trailer park there in NC), shallow grave (although I doubt the perp expended that much effort), dumpster or close body of water.

NewMommy09
11-11-2009, 05:35 PM
Okay - I can't help but wonder: does the sewage backup have something to do with this child's disappearance? Such as, where they his her body (if in fact she's no longer alive). I would think if they put her in the septic tank then LE would've noticed a fresh patch of dirt in the yard. Maybe when they cleaned up... :(.... they flushed too many paper products?

IDK. Just seems suspicious. I also wondered if LE is using the sewage backup to keep them out of the house so more evidence can be collected. But, I think if they needed evidence they would just say so and get a warrant.

Thanks Belimom. I posted about that some pages back. There was a little boy that was found in a septic tank just last September and the lid was placed back on.

elle1919
11-11-2009, 05:36 PM

Oh no, dear God, I never thought about it that way. :praying:

kiki the parrot
11-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Baby gets up during the night, goes to potty, forgets and flushes the toilet which cases it to over flow... BF or Mom is pi$$ed, mops up floor with blanket, beats h3ll out of baby...resulting in her death.
BF or Mom Disposes of blanket in neighbors trash bin...disposes of baby who knows where...but I'm guessing it's somewhere close by. Maybe an open well, storm cellar (if they have those in the trailer park there in NC), shallow grave (although I doubt the perp expended that much effort), dumpster or close body of water.

This is just horrible mom. Since the home was untenable, maybe no one was expected to actually use the potty there at the house yet this precious child couldn't help it? I can't bear even thinking about the possibilities.

NewMommy09
11-11-2009, 05:41 PM
:praying:
All I can say at this moment.

I've read a lot of awful, terrible things here at WS and on the news. But the picture in my mind right now is just inconceivable. I'm alternating between bawling my eyes out, and shaking with rage.

ETA: I have another hour and 15 minutes left of my work day. And I REALLY wish I was home cuddling my baby boy right now. My heart is breaking for Shaniya.

panthera
11-11-2009, 05:43 PM
looks like the drug bust had nothing to do with this family if they moved in August

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/10/950973

A previous warrant had been served at the same residence July 21. In that search police uncovered narcotics.
That's basically the same thing the reporter said on HLN. Good to know at least Shaniya wasn't living under those conditions ~ maybe. MOO

jnTexas
11-11-2009, 05:45 PM
Surely LE has removed the other two children from the custody of the occupants of this home. Someone needs to light a fire under Mom's arse and find out where this child is.

panthera
11-11-2009, 05:47 PM
I'm thinking the same thing as a possibility. With the neighbor talking about hearing a "beating" around 3am, along with the feces-covered blanket found in her trash, I do think Shaniya was beaten early that morning and the whole story about her disappearance was a cover up. That is if she was even alive that morning. What hasn't been mentioned is when the last time somebody outside her family last saw her. MOO

belimom
11-11-2009, 05:48 PM
Thanks Belimom. I posted about that some pages back. There was a little boy that was found in a septic tank just last September and the lid was placed back on.

Sorry - I haven't had time to read all the posts... But, aren't most septic tanks buried? Seems like there would still be "new" dirt on top of the lid. My parents' septic tank has backed up a couple of times, and I was there when they dug it up. So that's what I'm going off of. I guess the lid for some of them may be smaller than others. With the sewage issues, that would be my first place to look. But surely LE has thought of this.

momtective
Surely LE has removed the other two children from the custody of the occupants of this home. Someone needs to light a fire under Mom's arse and find out where this child is.

Let me at her and I'll have an answer for you in less than 10 minutes.:furious:

kiki the parrot
If there was any problem w using facilities, children should never have been housed there! Unlike adults who might attempt to live somewhere w/out adequate plumbing while using nearby facilities, children can NOT be expected to live under those sort of conditions!
:banghead:

panthera
11-11-2009, 05:50 PM
This is just horrible mom. Since the home was untenable, maybe no one was expected to actually use the potty there at the house yet this precious child couldn't help it? I can't bear even thinking about the possibilities.

These people were renters, from what I understand. Maybe they caused the problems with the sewar by stuffing diapers or something down the toilet. I can't imagine if the house itself were than uninhabitable they wouldn't have contacted somebody outside to turn in the landlord. Some tenants do love to do that whenever there's the slightest problem, you know. MOO

KaylynnCouture
11-11-2009, 05:50 PM
Sister rents the mobile home over the summer. Mom and Shaniya's family moved in. Also saying 4 surveillance cameras in the MH park.

I'm hoping the surveillance cameras have captured something then.

belimom
11-11-2009, 05:51 PM
If there was any problem w using facilities, children should never have been housed there! Unlike adults who might attempt to live somewhere w/out adequate plumbing while using nearby facilities, children can NOT be expected to live under those sort of conditions!
:banghead:

Maybe the sewage system was already backed up/clogged, and the kids were instructed to ask for help when they needed to use the toilet. Either they were supposed to go outside or in a bucket or something... (just thinking here!).... But, she couldn't hold it - and no one would help her. So she went on the blanket. Then, all hell broke loose. :(

elle1919
11-11-2009, 05:58 PM
3 am....noises outside like someone was beating? (Neighbor) I wonder if she was positive about the time.

530 am......Mommy puts Shaniya on the couch? (why?...with blanket?)

Do we know what time anyone other than the people inside the home last report seeing Shaniya?

mycroft
11-11-2009, 05:59 PM

In which case it should be freshly laundered. Perhaps it was laundered and incriminating stains did not come out, so it was trashed.

SuziQ
11-11-2009, 06:01 PM
IMO, the septic issue was thrown out there by mom and whoever, to try to excuse the fact that feces were found on the backporch, blanket, etc. Their may not be a septic issue at all.

And why not throw that blanket away in your own trash if there is nothing nefarious to it?

Texas Mist
11-11-2009, 06:01 PM
Mike on HLN says LE "isn't buying mom's story" -- is this true??

momtective
11-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Maybe the sewage system was already backed up/clogged, and the kids were instructed to ask for help when they needed to use the toilet. Either they were supposed to go outside or in a bucket or something... (just thinking here!).... But, she couldn't hold it - and no one would help her. So she went on the blanket. Then, all hell broke loose. :(

This is exactly how my granddaughters have had to live! Their house was so bad they had to go next door to potty or go in a bucket or outside. No bathes for over 6 months, head lice and scabies. No food in the house, dog, cat and ferret feces and urine throughout the house, no beds and blankets and pillows that were filthy and reeked of urine. Mildewing laundry piled to the ceiling in every room and no electricity. But that was before they moved into a camper trailer in the dead of winter with 40 below temperatures...aaahhhh...the good life.:furious:...it didn't even have a bathroom!
This case and every case like it just infuriates me! It hits very close to home. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead::furious: :furious: :furious:

elle1919
11-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Is HLN live right now?

nervous_nellie
11-11-2009, 06:03 PM
if this has been posted - sia im trying to catch up!

the complete statement from neighbor about the blanket:

Moore said she has no idea how the blanket got into her garbage can. She said police told her it was covered in feces and that feces was also found on the back porch of Davis' home.
The Davis family wasn't allowed to return to the home Tuesday because officials deemed it a health hazard due to extensive sewage leaks.

i hope she wasnt wrapped in this blanket! But if it was covered with feces would that help or hurt the dog sniffing? would it cover her scent?

panthera
11-11-2009, 06:04 PM
I'm listening to the report on HLN again. The manager of the mh park is a former sheriff's investigator. Also quoting her as saying she "worked her butt off for the past four years to make it a decent place to live". So what is up with the "sewage problem" at Shaniya's house unless it was caused by the tenants and I would like to know if it had been reported. It seems the landlord would've fixed it. MOO

mycroft
11-11-2009, 06:06 PM

My thought was that they clearly suspect one of the adults in the home, so the easiest thing to do would be not to tell them that the blanket was found, and to ask the seven year old to identify it if he is being questioned separately. He would know what her blanket looked like and wouldn't lie about it since he probably wouldn't know the significance of the find.

ETA: I doubt that she reported it missing. It wasn't in the reports.

belimom
11-11-2009, 06:09 PM
This is exactly how my granddaughters have had to live! ...snipped... This case and every case like it just infuriates me! It hits very close to home. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead::furious: :furious: :furious:

I'm so sorry, momtective.

jnTexas
11-11-2009, 06:09 PM
Looking at that MH park I highly doubt they have septic tanks. The homes are too close. Most states and counties require a certain amount of property for a septic system to be put in, and they only serve one home. I'm betting this house is on a sewer system and the problems have something to do with the occupants.

Kimberlyd125
11-11-2009, 06:12 PM
Ok, I finally caught up.
Wow, a lot of new info since this morning.

All I can say is OMG!!!!!

Somebody in the home had to do it. I don't see Mom covering for anybody so I'm thinking Mom did this. I may be wrong. Lord knows I've been wrong before.

The soiled blanket tells a lot I'm afraid. As much as my heart wants to believe this child is still on this earth, my mind is saying she's not.

This makes me so fricken angry!!!! Why on earth do these people continue to do this to God's precious children? There are so many wonderful people in this world that would give anything to have a child and can't.
But, as in most cases, there is almost always somebody near that would've taken the child if they are not wanted. But I guess some people would rather kill them than give over control to somebody else.

Makes me so sad.

panthera
11-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Looking at that MH park I highly doubt they have septic tanks. The homes are too close. Most states and counties require a certain amount of property for a septic system to be put in, and they only serve one home. I'm betting this house is on a sewer system and the problems have something to do with the occupants.
I'm thinking so too. MOO

not_my_kids
11-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Personal theory, either an accidental overdose, or potty accident, and fast cover up. Maybe the feces on the porch and blanket were from a potty issue, but I'm just not feeling that.
I'm more feeling that she was beaten for something else and put to bed, where she defecated on the blanket when she died of the beating. The neighbor would have heard someone either dropping her body or setting her down too hard when they transferred her into a different blanket for transport/disposal.

Or she was sick or ingested something, they might have just ignored it until it was too late.
Unless she was too scared to get out of bed, it isn't really typical for a 5 year old to poop the bed. (Of course, I am basing this on kids with well-balanced diets, and regular schedules, which we don't know that Shaniya had.)
I think it's a body hunt now, and probably has been since the beginning. I would happily be proven wrong, though.

mycroft
11-11-2009, 06:14 PM
Updated

I'm sure someone will have mentioned this by the time I get to the end of the thread, but this has strong shades of the Baker case in which the baby Shannon suspect is implicated. In one of the police reports the husband says she beat the boy until he soiled himself.

NewMommy09
11-11-2009, 06:14 PM
This is exactly how my granddaughters have had to live! Their house was so bad they had to go next door to potty or go in a bucket or outside. No bathes for over 6 months, head lice and scabies. No food in the house, dog, cat and ferret feces and urine throughout the house, no beds and blankets and pillows that were filthy and reeked of urine. Mildewing laundry piled to the ceiling in every room and no electricity. But that was before they moved into a camper trailer in the dead of winter with 40 below temperatures...aaahhhh...the good life.:furious:...it didn't even have a bathroom!
This case and every case like it just infuriates me! It hits very close to home. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead::furious: :furious: :furious:

Oh momtective. I'm SO SO SO sorry. I'll be keeping your grandchildren in my prayers. Things have GOT to get better in that situation.

Kimberlyd125
11-11-2009, 06:15 PM
My thought was that they clearly suspect one of the adults in the home, so the easiest thing to do would be not to tell them that the blanket was found, and to ask the seven year old to identify it if he is being questioned separately. He would know what her blanket looked like and wouldn't lie about it since he probably wouldn't know the significance of the find.

ETA: I doubt that she reported it missing. It wasn't in the reports.

I'm thinking they can get a lot of info from 7 year old.
I hate the child is having to be put thru this but I bet he/she (I don't remember if the 7yo is boy or girl) can tell LE what happened.
IMO a 7 year old would not sleep thru it if in fact she was beaten.

nursebeeme
11-11-2009, 06:17 PM
perhaps there is a shred of truth that mom says she put her on the couch at 0530. Perhaps, tho, she wasn't alive when she did it.

sorry to be disgusting like that....

Also, I agree that this mhp would most likely be connected to the sewer system and the "sewage" problem in the home is due to those living there... mister nursebeeme worked as a maintenance dude in college at the apartments we lived in and you would not believe the things that college coeds would flush down the toilet!!! He once pulled a shampoo bottle out of one..

If the toilet was backed up/overflowed that could also lend to the terminology sewage...

Isabelle
11-11-2009, 06:18 PM

No, not good at all. Feces on the blanket and on the porch - could be due to incontinence at death. The the report mentions the family cannot stay there due to sewerage leaks. So, is feces on porch due to sewerage leaks.

I think that baby was killed and that is all there is to it. Now to figure out where her body is and who did it. Hopefully it won't be another cold case. Bless her little heart.

panthera
11-11-2009, 06:19 PM
Personal theory, either an accidental overdose, or potty accident, and fast cover up. Maybe the feces on the porch and blanket were from a potty issue, but I'm just not feeling that.
I'm more feeling that she was beaten for something else and put to bed, where she defecated on the blanket when she died of the beating. The neighbor would have heard someone either dropping her body or setting her down too hard when they transferred her into a different blanket for transport/disposal.

Or she was sick or ingested something, they might have just ignored it until it was too late.
Unless she was too scared to get out of bed, it isn't really typical for a 5 year old to poop the bed. (Of course, I am basing this on kids with well-balanced diets, and regular schedules, which we don't know that Shaniya had.)
I think it's a body hunt now, and probably has been since the beginning. I would happily be proven wrong, though.
(bolding mine)

That's why I was wondering when the last time somebody outside the family saw her. I'm more inclined to think though that it was a violent act that night and hence the cover up. MOO

panthera
11-11-2009, 06:22 PM
perhaps there is a shred of truth that mom says she put her on the couch at 0530. Perhaps, tho, she wasn't alive when she did it.

sorry to be disgusting like that....

Also, I agree that this mhp would most likely be connected to the sewer system and the "sewage" problem in the home is due to those living there... mister nursebeeme worked as a maintenance dude in college at the apartments we lived in and you would not believe the things that college coeds would flush down the toilet!!! He once pulled a shampoo bottle out of one..

If the toilet was backed up/overflowed that could also lend to the terminology sewage...
I've thought of that too ~ the small bit of truth among the lies. Also, maybe the reason they remember the "pink underwear" was because it had just been put on her, but then where is the pair she would've soiled had this been an accident? or did somebody stuff them down the toilet and this hasn't been an ongoing problem after all? :waitasec: MOO

Kimberlyd125
11-11-2009, 06:23 PM
I'd love to know what the neighbor meant by "somebody was beating"
Did she mean, like somebody was pounding on something like the sound of hitting on the wall, hammering a nail...
Or, did she mean somebody was getting beaten.
I'd love to have some clarification on that statement. The difference in those 2 things is huge and would make a big difference in finding out what happened. IMO

Kimberlyd125
11-11-2009, 06:25 PM
Can anybody tell me what the local new source is?
A certain website I can keep cheking?
TIA

nursebeeme
11-11-2009, 06:28 PM
kim,
www.wral.com (http://www.wral.com)

panthera
11-11-2009, 06:29 PM
I'd love to know what the neighbor meant by "somebody was beating"
Did she mean, like somebody was pounding on something like the sound of hitting on the wall, hammering a nail...
Or, did she mean somebody was getting beaten.
I'd love to have some clarification on that statement. The difference in those 2 things is huge and would make a big difference in finding out what happened. IMO
I think maybe she meant "somebody was beaten" instead of the "ing" suffix. If that did occur, I'm wondering if there's any forensic evidence inside the house, like blood? MOO

Kimberlyd125
11-11-2009, 06:31 PM
All I can say is if I woke up and thought I heard somebody being beaten, I would darn sure find out what was going on.
Now, If I woke up and heard somebody beating on something, then I might get annoyed but try to go back to sleep.
YKWIM????

not_my_kids
11-11-2009, 06:32 PM
(bolding mine)

That's why I was wondering when the last time somebody outside the family saw her. I'm more inclined to think though that it was a violent act that night and hence the cover up. MOO

Would she have been in school? I don't know when they have to start in NC. If she was supposed to be and wasn't, why wasn't CPS sent out? (Never mind, rhetorical question.)
Normally, there would be people popping up and saying "Last time I saw her..." None of that this time.

kellync
11-11-2009, 06:33 PM
The mother (or other family) not going on television to beg for the babys safe return speaks volumes to me.

not_my_kids
11-11-2009, 06:33 PM
Can we trace the original printer of the beating/beaten statement? I could email and ask if their quote got cut off. Might clarify some things.

Kimberlyd125
11-11-2009, 06:39 PM
I see it on the article on WRAL.com. Reporter was Dan Bowens. Looks like you can click his name. Maybe an email link there.

not_my_kids
11-11-2009, 06:40 PM
E-mail going out.

Let you know if I get an answer.

Kimberlyd125
11-11-2009, 06:40 PM
Actually, when you click on his name, it gives you a bio on him and also has a link to contact him on the web.

panthera
11-11-2009, 06:42 PM
The mother (or other family) not going on television to beg for the babys safe return speaks volumes to me.
As well as the mother being questioned by LE for two days, the scant information coming out except from what the neighbor found in her trash, and the whole scenario in general now that we know there were video cameras. :furious: MOO

trigger
11-11-2009, 06:44 PM
On HLN they said that they are looking at surveillance cameras. I think they said there was one camera that they are looking at, thats right in front of her home. They only said that they did see people coming out after the 911 call, looks like they were looking for the child around the home.

mycroft
11-11-2009, 06:46 PM
I agree that the "beating" statement makes no sense. I took it to mean somebody beating on an object.

My initial reaction when I heard about the state of the blanket was that she had soiled herself while being beaten.

Another, perhaps less likely possibility occurs to me now: What if the family did not have a working toilet and had been going outside. You might resort to that if sewage was leaking into your house. Did the girl need to go and went out on the back porch while wrapped in her blanket against the cold? If it was dark she might have been scared and did not want to go far, hence the porch. Perhaps she soiled her blanket in the process as well as the porch, and was beaten when it was discovered that she had ruined her blanket. Maybe what the neighbor heard was someone beating her and telling her to clean it up. (Although that doesn't match the neighbor's phrasing.)

I can also see a scenario where she causes the toilet to overflow and is beaten for that, as has already been mentioned, and someone in the home cleans it up with her blanket as a punishment.

Kimberlyd125
11-11-2009, 06:48 PM
Article on this link
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7109962

says LE took the childs mother, her boyfriend and her sister in for questioning.

not_my_kids
11-11-2009, 06:49 PM
Email sent (after I finally found the link to his email). I'll let you know if I get an answer.

panthera
11-11-2009, 06:50 PM
On HLN they said that they are looking at surveillance cameras. I think they said there was one camera that they are looking at, thats right in front of her home. They only said that they did see people coming out after the 911 call, looks like they were looking for the child around the home.
I missed the exact time that people were seen outside the house and thought it was after they discovered her missing. So they don't go outside until after calling 911? Wouldn't you normally look outside first just in case she'd wandered out? And another thing we haven't heard is whether the door was locked, unlocked, found open or whatnot. I'd really like to know what they told LE. MOO

NewMommy09
11-11-2009, 06:55 PM
Gotta go. Finally off work. But real quick, just had to say this....
If what the neighbor heard was the child being beaten, IMO, she was already dead or unconscious. I can't imagine a child being beaten and not screaming, crying out, begging, or at the very least, moaning. The neighbor seems close enough to have heard those things if she heard a beating. IMO.

trigger
11-11-2009, 06:56 PM
I missed the exact time that people were seen outside the house and thought it was after they discovered her missing. So they don't go outside until after calling 911? Wouldn't you normally look outside first just in case she'd wandered out? And another thing we haven't heard is whether the door was locked, unlocked, found open or whatnot. I'd really like to know what they told LE. MOO

So many questions I know. I taped the show. Let me go back and listen. Also the full interview on hln with the reporter Michelle Sigona who interviewe that Lady Barbara who is the manager there. Am I allowed to post HLN's reporters interview?

not_my_kids
11-11-2009, 06:57 PM
I agree, if that was Shaniya the neighbor heard, it was just her body.

jnTexas
11-11-2009, 07:00 PM
they changed it on wral.com

"It sounded like somebody was beating (on the wall)," she said.

Kimberlyd125
11-11-2009, 07:02 PM
Boy, Not My Kids, you get things done quickly. lol

trigger
11-11-2009, 07:04 PM
Ok theres is footage at 530 in the morning. Also footage after the 911 call. She would only say what they saw after the 911 call was placed..Barbara has an external hard drive to surveillance camera and LE will be looking at that. She has one month worth of stored video.

Poor precious baby. I hope they find her.

panthera
11-11-2009, 07:06 PM
So many questions I know. I taped the show. Let me go back and listen. Also the full interview on hln with the reporter Michelle Sigona who interviewe that Lady Barbara who is the manager there. Am I allowed to post HLN's reporters interview?
I tried to post what she was saying when the show was on but missed a couple of things the first time which I caught on the 2nd airing. I think it's ok to post as long as you state who said it and where the information came from. :) I hope Nancy Grace has something on her show tonight. MOO

not_my_kids
Holy carp...probably wasn't me that got it fixed, but I'll happily think it was. Lol.

Kimberlyd125
A months worth? Wow. That can be used to see about what has been going on for a while. That may be very important info to have. JMO

panthera
11-11-2009, 07:07 PM
they changed it on wral.com

"It sounded like somebody was beating (on the wall)," she said.
That makes a big difference! And it also makes more sense since it wouldn't be necessary to beat a small child so severely that it could be heard by the neighbors. MOO

Kimberlyd125
11-11-2009, 07:07 PM
Holy carp...probably wasn't me that got it fixed, but I'll happily think it was. Lol.

Well, I'll happily think it was too.

not_my_kids
11-11-2009, 07:08 PM
A months worth? That is excellent, most places don't store it for that long. That should be a great help, and might give the real story...since none of the adults will.

Kimberlyd125
11-11-2009, 07:09 PM
So, now my mind in wondering what the noise of beating on the wall was. What could it have been? At 3:00 am???

panthera
11-11-2009, 07:09 PM
A months worth? Wow. That can be used to see about what has been going on for a while. That may be very important info to have. JMO
Most definitely very valuable!! I like this manager/landlord!! :woohoo:

Kimberlyd125
11-11-2009, 07:11 PM
That tells me whatever went down happened around 3:00 am. If so, that mean Mom's timeline is way off. HINKY

mysticrose
11-11-2009, 07:14 PM
I have been gone most of the day and got on here to check if she had been found and what I have been reading does not look good at all, although this is what I am expecting. I sure hope they can make out who will be on video early morning hours.
I had to go grocery shopping today and I saw a little girl who look almost identical to Shaniya just a little heavier my heart broke, I ran into her and her mother like 7 times during my shopping trip.
I am in Colorado it is at least 1800 miles away from me and I know it was not her ...oh but how I was wishing it were....:(

LadyL
11-11-2009, 07:15 PM
do we have the correct spelling of the mother's name yet? her age? the father's name & age? I can't find anything but two different spellings of the mother's name ...

Kimberlyd125
11-11-2009, 07:18 PM
Gotta run out to the ballpark for a bit.
I hope by the time I return, we will know more.

not_my_kids
11-11-2009, 07:19 PM
Okay, so at three am, it sounds like there was someone beating on the wall...wonder if it was the beating that killed her, or if that was someone trying to revive her?

But that definitely blows the mother's timeline out of the water.

Beating wall sound at 3 am (roughly)
Mother says she moved her to couch at 5:30
Reported missing at almost 7 am.

I tend to look for the truth in the lie, 5;30 is probably when she was moved, either she was already dead or dying and mother used the sleeping on the couch excuse to explain why there is urine or feces on the couch. If they find her in time, COD is probably going to be blunt force trauma.
What is going on lately? For Pete's sake, call CPS on yourself, if it gets that bad, it's better than a murder rap.

panthera
11-11-2009, 07:20 PM
That tells me whatever went down happened around 3:00 am. If so, that mean Mom's timeline is way off. HINKY
I've thought it was way off since I first heard what allegedly happened! MOO

trigger
The reporter for HLN Michell Sigona states she interviewed the manager.She said .....Barbara says Antoinette Davis, Shaniya’s mother, applied to live in the mobile home park, but Barbara says her application was denied. Only Antoinette and a 5-year-old boy were listed on the initial application. Barbara says BD, Antoinette’s sister, also put in an application at the same time application was accepted. That application only listed her sister and her son as potential renters. It was quite a surprise for Barbara to later learn that in addition to BD and her son, Antoinette, her boyfriend, Antoinette’s 5-year-old son, Shaniya, and an infant were also living in the home. Barbara says she doesn’t know who the infant belongs to because at the time the women turned in their applications, neither one appeared to be pregnant. Barbara also says that mobile home was not raided in July 2009, because it was vacant at the time (There are reports that claim the property was raided in July 2009, I have calls into police to verify what property was raided over the summer).

pinkfly
yes, a months worth of tape should tell LE all they need to know. I hope there is a quick resolution to this case. I pray that this little girl will be found safe and sound but my head keeps trying to tell me otherwise.

All indicators are pointing to the idea that something bad happened here. So sad.

panthera
11-11-2009, 07:25 PM
Okay, so at three am, it sounds like there was someone beating on the wall...wonder if it was the beating that killed her, or if that was someone trying to revive her?

But that definitely blows the mother's timeline out of the water.

Beating wall sound at 3 am (roughly)
Mother says she moved her to couch at 5:30
Reported missing at almost 7 am.

I tend to look for the truth in the lie, 5;30 is probably when she was moved, either she was already dead or dying and mother used the sleeping on the couch excuse to explain why there is urine or feces on the couch. It they find her in time, COD is probably going to be blunt force trauma.
What is going on lately? For Pete's sake, call CPS on yourself, if it gets that bad, it's better than a murder rap.
I thought that was the "little bit of truth" until hearing about the video cameras. If somebody moved her out of the mobile home after 5:30am they'd be on the tapes. Yet the only thing mentioned is people outside closer to the time she was reported missing and/or after 911 was called. So who is the mysterious perp who snuck in and took her? Or more to what I'm thinking, who was seen leaving the home carrying something (Shaniya)? Or was it hours earlier and this is just a total fabrication because Shaniya was supposed to be at school that morning? :waitasec: MOO

momtective
11-11-2009, 07:35 PM
Most definitely very valuable!! I like this manager/landlord!! :woohoo:

I do too...she may just turn out to be Shaniya's hero angel.

KaylynnCouture
11-11-2009, 07:45 PM
Does anyone know if Nancy Grace is covering this tonight?

Chili Fries
11-11-2009, 07:48 PM
I would think that the residents would be aware of the surveillance cameras.

mycroft
11-11-2009, 07:50 PM
So, now my mind in wondering what the noise of beating on the wall was. What could it have been? At 3:00 am???

Perhaps the person who went outside to throw away the blanket, or the little girl if she went outside to go to the bathroom outdoors, locked themselves out and was knocking on the door to wake someone so that they could get back in. Maybe they have that type of screen door that can be set to lock automatically when the door closes so that you can't come in from outside.

That's not a particularly good scenario, but it's all I can think of at the moment. Why would you be beating against the wall at 3 am if it was something you could wait to do it until a time when it would be less noticeable? They controlled the timing of the 911 call after all.

I assume the neighbor means the wall of the Davis home (or some other) and not her own. Surely she'd call LE if someone was beating on her home.

not_my_kids
11-11-2009, 07:53 PM
Depends on the crime in the area.
If there was someone beating on my wall at 3 am, I'd check it out, if I had the dog and a fully loaded firearm. Otherwise, I'd pull the covers over my head, grab a ball bat and wait it out.

not_my_kids
11-11-2009, 08:00 PM
NG's running her.

Kimster
11-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Does anyone know if Nancy Grace is covering this tonight?

She is right now.

passionflower
Nancy G having this story on now!

not_my_kids
Neighbor says they were pounding on her wall...the neighbors.

panthera
Nancy's talking about Shaniya!

passionflower
11-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Dogs never scented on baby out of her home???
that's weird!

not_my_kids
11-11-2009, 08:04 PM
Crap 4 missing females...is this the moon thing again?

not_my_kids
11-11-2009, 08:05 PM
I hope they searched under the neighbor's trailer, just saying.

WillenFan21
11-11-2009, 08:06 PM
OMG!!! I just had a thought about something. Have they looked under this neighbors trailer? She said she heard banging.

panthera
11-11-2009, 08:07 PM
Dogs never scented on baby out of her home???
that's weird!
Now this neighbor is saying there was feces "smeared" all over the porch and railing.

panthera
11-11-2009, 08:08 PM
Neighbor, Andrea Moore, is on NG's show via phone. She says she lives across the street from Shaniya.

passionflower
11-11-2009, 08:10 PM
Neighbor where blankie was found is about 200 feet away.
Blaankie had feces and urine on it.........also on the couch.

trigger
11-11-2009, 08:10 PM
With so many clothes hanging out on the clothes line Im surprise that the manager did not see all these clothes and never seeing this sweet little child at all or the other child.

WillenFan21
11-11-2009, 08:11 PM
not my kids looks like you and I are on the same page.