PDA

View Full Version : NC- Amber Alert issued Shaniya Davis, 5, missing from her home 11/10/09 #3

Pages : [1] 2 3

imamaze
11-12-2009, 07:30 PM
#2 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91451&page=24)

Please continue here...

Thanks to everyone that took time to send the e-mails, I think we got it all taken care of.

nursebeeme
11-12-2009, 07:36 PM
please add/correct/whatever to this
-----------------------------------

0300 per barb (mhp person) a person was seen on video walking from Shaniya's house to the trash can where a feces coated blanket was found on that same day, later on in the investigation by LE

0330ish neighbor, who owns trash can, is awoken by a beating sound on/around her home

somewhere in here either before or after 0300/no time yet known a witness (could be camera or person) sees the Coe leave the mhp with the child. media reports quote LE as saying he was a person of interest from the start and interviewed over and over with conflicting stories from both he and the mother. He is alleged by barb to be the boyfriend of the mother and lives two miles away at the home of his mother but was in the trailer at the time of the the police report per media reports.

0530 mother states she puts the child on the couch

0630ish mother notes her child is missing and

0653 mother calls LE who responds to the trailer. Later that night S's father is reported to be flying in to the area. DFS and drug raid info surfaces as well as reports that the mother was previously denied ability to rent a mobile home in the park. It is leased to her sister. Custody was said to have bounced around between the parents.

wednesday: the search continues and information continues to surface about the mother and the above. Mother, Boyfriend and others are continually questioned.

2300 wednesday: reports that the boyfriend has been arrested on kidnapping charges. Still no child.

thursday 1430: boyfriend is charged with first degree kidnapping, a class C felony, assigned a public defender and given a 2 December court date. Bond is set. Still no sign of S. Media states they are trying to get mother to come on camera to make emotional plea. LE states that the drug raid was not related to this group of people

nnglas
11-12-2009, 07:38 PM
Just wanted to bring this over, so I am not misunderstood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleangel http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif
And housing communities with brick homes donot do checks either. Why should mobile home parks, this is a NONISSUE anyways.
THIS IS ABOUT SHANIYA!!!!

Ummm, I don't know about that. Most at least check rental and credit history. Regardless, I am not saying that people who live in mhp are bad. I am saying that some bad people may gravitate toward some of them because of the lack of background and credit checks. Really? Chill out.

belimom
11-12-2009, 07:51 PM
One of the observations I've made regarding discussing this case (and some others) has to do with putting down people of low SES or who live in trailer parks/trailers, whether nice trailer parks or not-so-cared-for trailers. I think we should remember that here on the web, we have no idea who is behind that other screen name. I am sure there are many folks on here from low SES and/or who live in trailers who have not been bold enough to speak up. I have extended family living in trailers and who are very low on the SES ladder. And they are some of the most loving and giving people I know.

As far as criminal behavior and low SES, that has been disputed and researched time and time again. I wish I had more journals at my fingertips but I do not, so I googled it and came up with the following abstract:

ABSTRACT: Theories of crime/deviance are examined to determine how strongly the popular, but now controversial, hypothesis of a negative class/crime association is rooted in theory. This review of eight theories shows that none actually provides an adequate rationale for predicting such a relationship. It is found that the theories lead to a negative class/crime hypothesis only by addition of external assumptions, most of which are embodiments of preconceived notions about the lower class. Thus, the
scientific status of the class/crime hypothesis is further challenged. Possible
explanations for the persistence of a belief in a negative association between class and crime, despite problematic empirical evidence and theoretical inadequacy, are suggested.

from Social Class and Criminal Behavior:
A Critique of the Theoretical Foundation
CHARLES R. TITTLE
Florida Atlantic University
Social Forces, Vol. 62, 1983

There's more research out there somewhere, as I recall from my graduate studies while working on my PhD in psychology. I am now a psychologist but as a busy working mom, I don't have time at the moment to go dig them up - lol! But I hope this helps dispel the myth somewhat. I hope I'm not bringing up a subject that will cause more disharmony, but I felt compelled to say something. It's no fun to be stereotyped.

passionflower
11-12-2009, 07:54 PM
Just came to peek in, hoping for good news.............
but none yet.........no Shaniya.........poor baby!

Patty G
11-12-2009, 07:56 PM
swanniee11

Did I hear correct ( or am I making this up as I go along) that Antwanette applied for a mobile home 1st and she was turned down, then the sister Brenda applied? I do recall the landlord (davenport) said she does background checks etc. She's even keeping an eye on the SO's making sure they are up to date with their registeries and all they need to do. I'm sure this is because she was a former investigator. I also have to commend her on putting 4 video cameras in the park as well. She didn't have to do that and its very expensive. Soooo, although I agree with everyone's thoughts on location, nature/nurture etc etc. I think this landlord had her act together a heck of alot more then others do. IMO

This is what was reported last night on Prime News by Michele Sigona when she spoke with the Park Manager.

Barbara says Antoinette Davis, Shaniya’s mother, applied to live in the mobile home park, but Barbara says her application was denied. Only Antoinette and a 5-year-old boy were listed on the initial application. Barbara says Brenda Davis, Antoinette’s sister, also put in an application at the same time application was accepted. That application only listed Brenda Davis and her son as potential renters. It was quite a surprise for Barbara to later learn that in addition to Brenda Davis and her son, Antoinette, her boyfriend, Antoinette’s 5-year-old son, Shaniya, and an infant were also living in the home. Barbara says she doesn’t know who the infant belongs to because at the time the women turned in their applications, neither one appeared to be pregnant.

not_my_kids
11-12-2009, 07:58 PM
The mobile home park that I lived in didn't do background checks. I don't know of any of them around here that do.
The manufactured communities are a different stoy, they are like HOA's.
That said, there are some wonderful people in the trailer parks around here, but they do draw the more low income inhabitants. But lower income doesn't always mean "bad" or "criminal". I an say that the lady across the street that has been talking on the news seems like a good person. I can say her emotion when she told of knowing that blanket was in her trash was real, IMO.

CharlestonGal
11-12-2009, 08:02 PM
This is what was reported last night on Prime News by Michele Sigona when she spoke with the Park Manager.

Barbara says Antoinette Davis, Shaniya’s mother, applied to live in the mobile home park, but Barbara says her application was denied. Only Antoinette and a 5-year-old boy were listed on the initial application. Barbara says Brenda Davis, Antoinette’s sister, also put in an application at the same time application was accepted. That application only listed Brenda Davis and her son as potential renters. It was quite a surprise for Barbara to later learn that in addition to Brenda Davis and her son, Antoinette, her boyfriend, Antoinette’s 5-year-old son, Shaniya, and an infant were also living in the home. Barbara says she doesn’t know who the infant belongs to because at the time the women turned in their applications, neither one appeared to be pregnant.

Thanks, Patty. I'm a bit confused about the children involved. Antoinette has a 5 year old daughter - Shaniya - does she also have a 5 year old son? Or did the MHP manager confuse the gender of Shaniya and label her "a son?" Or does Shaniya have a twin brother? Is there a 5 year old boy, in addition to the 7 year old boy we've heard about? I'm really confused.

WillenFan21
11-12-2009, 08:04 PM
Has there been any word on if LE have searched underneath the neighbors trailer for the little girls body? I mean if they put the little girls blanket in the trash can? I just find it completely random that her blanket was placed there and it makes me wonder if they could have discarded her body underneath the home too. If siding was lose it is possible IMO that he could put her there and the neighbor not hear it.

not_my_kids
11-12-2009, 08:05 PM
I think someone confused 5 years old with 7 years old. But I have nothing to back it up.

mycroft
11-12-2009, 08:10 PM
One of the observations I've made regarding discussing this case (and some others) has to do with putting down people of low SES or who live in trailer parks/trailers, whether nice trailer parks or not-so-cared-for trailers.
(SNIP)

There's more research out there somewhere, as I recall from my graduate studies while working on my PhD in psychology. I am now a psychologist but as a busy working mom, I don't have time at the moment to go dig them up - lol! But I hope this helps dispel the myth somewhat. I hope I'm not bringing up a subject that will cause more disharmony, but I felt compelled to say something. It's no fun to be stereotyped.

I'm glad you spoke up. I wrote a response in the last thread and then I was told it was locked when I hit reply. (I hate when that happens!)

I see that the person who stirred the pot with this nonsense has been thrown off of the site, so I won't bother to retype it all. I will just point out that when bragging about being a major in psychology it helps lend cred to your argument if you bother to learn the difference between correlation and causation before posting. Sheesh!

mydailyopinions
11-12-2009, 08:10 PM
I hope LE has recovered and are processing the vehicle this little one was last seen in..

RoseRed
11-12-2009, 08:16 PM
Has there been any word on if LE have searched underneath the neighbors trailer for the little girls body? I mean if they put the little girls blanket in the trash can? I just find it completely random that her blanket was placed there and it makes me wonder if they could have discarded her body underneath the home too. If siding was lose it is possible IMO that he could put her there and the neighbor not hear it.

I think the suspect was seen leaving with her in his car. reason for the arrest.

MommyInHighHeels
11-12-2009, 08:18 PM
Please forgive me if this news and video link has been posted previously.

http://news14.com/charlotte-news-104-content/top_stories/617482/arrest-made-in-missing-girl-case--child-still-missing

"Fayetteville police have arrested Clarence Coe in connection with the disappearance of five-year-old Shaniya Davis, who is still missing. Neighbors say they're glad an arrest has been made, but they're still concerned about the girl's safety.

“The investigation has led us to Clarence Coe,” Theresa Chance, of the Fayetteville Police Department, said. “Interviews and various things that we have done so far, Clarence Coe, the reason he was charged with kidnapping is he is the subject that was identified as transporting Shaniya out of the trailer park.”"

Patty G
11-12-2009, 08:18 PM
Thanks, Patty. I'm a bit confused about the children involved. Antoinette has a 5 year old daughter - Shaniya - does she also have a 5 year old son? Or did the MHP manager confuse the gender of Shaniya and label her "a son?" Or does Shaniya have a twin brother? Is there a 5 year old boy, in addition to the 7 year old boy we've heard about? I'm really confused.

Antoinette has Shaniya, a son and "possibly" this infant. I am not 100% sure who this infant belongs too!

I wonder if this infant belongs to Antoinette's sister, especially since it has been reported that Shaniya's brother is under the wings of Children and Family Services.

This info comes from Prime News Part 2 for today; soon to be uploaded.

WillenFan21
11-12-2009, 08:19 PM
I have a question....

The blanket was found that same day she went missing so if they brought a cadaver dog out and searched around the trailer would it hit on her dead scent? I mean can they hit on decomp right away?

WillenFan21
11-12-2009, 08:20 PM
I think the suspect was seen leaving with her in his car. reason for the arrest.

Do you know what time he was seen leaving with her b.c he could have dropped the blanket in the trash after killing her and still have dumped her body underneath the trailer.

mycroft
11-12-2009, 08:21 PM
I'm wondering to myself...Could we have been wrong about the mother???
If she was indeed the one he beat and went to prison over, she would have let him back in? Maybe she is like so many other women who always believe they will change.
They think they love them too much to let them go, but when something goes down, I'm sure they are terrified.
Just thinking outloud.

ETA: I'm in no way defending mother's actions one way or the other. Even if she is totally innocent in Shaniya's disappearance, she is still guilty of bringing this "man" into her life. (if this is mom's bf)

I don't think we were wrong. There are some women who feel that they must have a man no matter what.

There is no way three adults and other children in a home of that size did not know what happened to this girl. That it took so long to break this suggests to me that the mother didn't cave. I can understand the mother not ratting out the boyfriend because that always happens, but there's some serious dysfunction when the third adult doesn't say anything. I doubt that three people killed this girl, even if the others stood by doing nothing.

I'm guessing that when you have two children, and live with another adult and child in a trailer full of raw sewage, the man willing to move in you is not going to be the cream of the romantic crop.

When I heard the HIV thing, I was hoping that he had not told the mother of his status, so perhaps that would finally turn her against him and maybe lead to additional charges. But we haven't heard anything along those lines, and it sounds like she knew and didn't care. I'd bet dollars to donuts that she's infected if he is. And it will be a twist worthy of Law & Order if they find remains and can prove that the girl was positive.

I'd like to think that this girl was raised by a mother who cared for her, and I hope that it's true, but so far I'm not seeing it.

MommyInHighHeels
11-12-2009, 08:21 PM
Updated

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6402664/

"Coe showed little emotion during a brief court appearance Thursday afternoon.

"I'm not guilty, sir. That's all I've got to say about it," he told District Judge Tal Bagette."

RoseRed
11-12-2009, 08:22 PM
Do you know what time he was seen leaving with her b.c he could have dropped the blanket in the trash after killing her and still have dumped her body underneath the trailer.

No time given for leaving the MHP.

mama2echo
11-12-2009, 08:23 PM
ive tried to watch this case on the news since im from NC, but ive been dealing w/ my sick kiddo its been hard...i know theyve been having trouble searching cause of all the rain weve been getting...and i just read that they arrested the BF? how can they charge someone w/ kidnaping w/o knowing where she is at? did he admit to taking her somewhere? but wont say where?

southernvagirl
11-12-2009, 08:26 PM
Hi everyone, Is it me or is this thread doing "funny" things. I have been trying to keep up with this precious child missing,,Shania, and I keep losing the thread..What am I doing wrong? Please help

kellync
11-12-2009, 08:29 PM
Maybe, mama2echo because he was seen on security camera leaving with her.
Willenfan, I admire your tenacity, I have no doubt you would rip apart the underpinning of every trailer in that park! You have been wondering about this since the first day. i do know that the trailer that Shaniya lived in had the underpinning strewn around the yard, so I assume LE looked there. I wonder if the witness and/or the camera actually saw this baby or just saw this creep carrying something???

kellync
11-12-2009, 08:30 PM
Hi everyone, Is it me or is this thread doing "funny" things. I have been trying to keep up with this precious child missing,,Shania, and I keep losing the thread..What am I doing wrong? Please help
LOL funny things, yes, but I think they are over now. Hiccups happen from time to time dont they?

Patty G
11-12-2009, 08:30 PM

What I heard on Prime News (2nd hour), apparently he was (allegedly) last seen with Shaniya before Shaniya was reported missing. This is still sketchy because the police isn't saying if this was that day or another day.

Very, very open-ended for sure, but IMO, if we take the 3:00 AM noise at the trash bins and the reported call regarding Shaniya missing, we are only talking about a few hours.

Part 2 of Prime News is still uploading to YouTube.

mama2echo
11-12-2009, 08:31 PM

oh well i guess that makes sense then! i didnt know they had found that

CharlestonGal
11-12-2009, 08:32 PM
I'm trying to think this through. According to the mother, she moved Shaniya to the couch at 5:30 a.m. From where? And why? The mother must have wanted privacy in the area Shaniya was prior, so she moved her. So then, what did she need privacy for? I can think of 3 things. 1, she needed to get ready for work and the child would have been disturbed by the mother's activities in the original location. Does the mother have a job? What are her hours? 2, the mother was fighting with someone and moved the child to get her out of the way. Who was she fighting with, and about what? 3, the mother wanted privacy for sexual activity, thus had to move the child to the couch. I briefly considered a drug deal, but in that case the child would have been moved away from the living room and the couch instead of to it.

I wonder if the mother and Coe had a fight. Mom moves the child into the living room. Continues the fight for awhile. Then she either takes a shower, goes out for a walk, whatever. In the meantime, Coe, angry, takes the child figuring, "I'll show that beotch."

He takes off with the child, discarding the feces covered blanket because he doesn't want it in his car, then takes his anger out on the child, who must have been terrified and crying and wanting her mama.

Anyway, just my train of thought. Why move the child to the couch at 5:30 a.m? And from where?

Patty G
11-12-2009, 08:34 PM

I haven't read anywhere that Coe was seen on the security camera with Shaniya. Did you read this somewhere?

kellync
11-12-2009, 08:35 PM
oh well i guess that makes sense then! i didnt know they had found that
The specifics arent really clear, though. Did someone or the camera really see SHANIYA and the scumbucket? Or just him carrying something... was it a person who saw this? Sketchy details, but I'm sure Nancy Grace will have all the facts straight tonight- NOT

kellync
11-12-2009, 08:38 PM
I haven't read anywhere that Coe was seen on the security camera with Shaniya. Did you read this somewhere?
Thats why I tried to clarify Patty, I am not sure. I thought thats why he was charged, but I will go on the hunt for info now..

kellync
11-12-2009, 08:39 PM
"was seen driving off with her"

kellync
11-12-2009, 08:42 PM
"Heavy rains since late Tuesday have hindered further search efforts"

Put HIM on a leash, and lead him around in the rain to look for her, he doesnt need to be warm and dry when this girl is out there somewhere. I guarantee a few hours out in this weather we're having will make him crack much faster than 3 hots and a cot

Patty G
11-12-2009, 08:43 PM
Thats why I tried to clarify Patty, I am not sure. I thought thats why he was charged, but I will go on the hunt for info now..

My understanding for the reason he was arrested is because he was seen by someone with Shaniya in the car. It hasn't been released yet, as far as I know, that he was spotted on the camera. Although the Park Manager indicated on Prime News tonight that it was a male spotted walking away from the trash can around 3:00 AM.

YouTube- Prime News 11/12/09 Shaniya Davis (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBJhi7lgGX0)

IMO, I feel that he was spotted on the security camera. So we will just have to wait and see what unfolds. :crazy:

Patty G
11-12-2009, 08:44 PM
"was seen driving off with her"

Yup, driving off with her but not yet annouced that he was spotted on camera "driving off with her."

CharlestonGal
11-12-2009, 08:45 PM

Nothing about a security camera.

"A witness saw a man police believe to be Coe driving away from the Sleepy Hollow Mobile Home Park on Tuesday with the girl in his car, police said. Chance declined to identify the witness or say what time the abduction occurred."

There was some speculation on the forum earlier that this "witness" could have been a security camera. I think that is where the security camera dogma came from.

Kimberlyd125
11-12-2009, 08:45 PM
I'm just wondering why we have not seen mom at all yet.
Does anybody else find that odd?

kellync
11-12-2009, 08:46 PM
There were cameras at the entrance, and I'll bet they are saying to him they have a "witness" so he will crack because I'd bet the camera doesnt "see' her in there if it was dark outside, but it "sees" him leaving the park

passionflower
11-12-2009, 08:46 PM
Monsters that kidnap, hurt and murder our children should be executed and maybe they would think twice before they do this type of crime.
Coe has anger issues as in jail before for assault on woman and other things.
I can see a fight, I can see Coe hitting Shaniya for anything.
Coe has to make everyone know he is the man in control.
Shaniya just another baby in a household of ignorant people.
Maybe everyone was alittle 'high', didn't notice that Shaniya was hurt, dying.
If ALL the feces are hers on porch,rail and blankie.
Mom covering up for the man she loves (as usual)
No one's stories add up............
Can't find Shaniya......victim!forgot about video cameras.
I doubt if this guy really cares about anyone but himself.
This is just my own opinion.

Patty G
11-12-2009, 08:47 PM

"A witness saw a man police believe to be Coe driving away from the Sleepy Hollow Mobile Home Park on Tuesday with the girl in his car, police said. Chance declined to identify the witness or say what time the abduction occurred."

There was some speculation on the forum earlier that this "witness" could have been a security camera. I think that is where the security camera dogma came from.

I think the witness is the camera also! :crazy:

southernvagirl
11-12-2009, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the hiccup reference..It is rare I am one step ahead of posters, posting. I got it now, I think and bookmarked....The attitude of Coe, is nothing but gangsta...How can a person have such a flip attitude to a precious child missing????I will never understand.I pray Shania is safe..I wonder why we haven't heard from the mom or family member, crying out to the media to help find this precious child.

CharlestonGal
11-12-2009, 08:51 PM
I'm just wondering why we have not seen mom at all yet.
Does anybody else find that odd?

Not in this case, I don't. Mom knows who drove off with the child. He's in jail. In most cases when parents engage with the media and make pleas to the public, the perp is completely unknown and they are begging that person for mercy. Coe has already done whatever he did with Shaniya. I'm not sure pleading through the media for him to come clean about what he did with her body would help much.

This is so sad. Poor little girl.

nursebeeme
11-12-2009, 08:52 PM
I haven't read anywhere that Coe was seen on the security camera with Shaniya. Did you read this somewhere? it was reported by mysticrose who was watching an interview with barb, who stated it as such

that in reviewing the tapes with le they saw a person walking from the home of Shaniya toward the trashcans where the blanket was disposed of.

mystic was watching hln and taking notes furiously! She was the one who caught the interview with barb (wtg mystic!)

kellync
11-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Coe's Mom needs to make a plea!!

nursebeeme
11-12-2009, 08:54 PM
I think the witness is the camera also! :crazy:
ME TOO!!! especially in light of what barbara said was on the camera in terms of the trashcans... that would tell me the camera is somewhere in the immediate area!

nursebeeme
11-12-2009, 08:56 PM

all other witnesses have been interviewed... blanket and banging witness, barb the mhp person...

can't interview a camera...

just thinking out loud:waitasec:

Patty G
11-12-2009, 08:57 PM
it was reported by mysticrose who was watching an interview with barb, who stated it as such

that in reviewing the tapes with le they saw a person walking from the home of Shaniya toward the trashcans where the blanket was disposed of.

mystic was watching hln and taking notes furiously! She was the one who caught the interview with barb (wtg mystic!)

Yup, I was watching and recording the show. I posted Part 1 somewhere on this thread and eventually Part 2 of Prime News will be posted here also.

Anytime someone wants to watch the videos, just click on the link in my signature. :)

nursebeeme
11-12-2009, 08:58 PM
pattyg bless you for all that you do to keep the media flowing!!!!!

not_my_kids
11-12-2009, 09:00 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if they are phasing out the emotional televised plea. To my knowledge, it has never resulted in a child returned. Has resulted in a lot of case studies in which the perp talks about how much the plea got them off.

I've been wondering for awhile when LE will phase this out.

passionflower
NG covering case!

1 hour later she is gone!

not_my_kids
Gotta love the JUST IN: on NG, Just in more then 12 hours ago.

panthera
11-12-2009, 09:02 PM
Hi everyone! I just got the news from Nancy Grace! Boyfriend charged with 1st degree kidnapping. Now I want to know the details ~ like when he was seen driving off with her. :waitasec:

swanniee11
11-12-2009, 09:02 PM
Yup, I was watching and recording the show. I posted Part 1 somewhere on this thread and eventually Part 2 of Prime News will be posted here also.

Anytime someone wants to watch the videos, just click on the link in my signature. :)

Patty, I went onto youtube and reposted those in thread 2. I could not find where you had posted them so I couldn't give you credit. Now I can, thank you, thank you.......

passionflower
11-12-2009, 09:03 PM
The LE has to have his car being tested for every DNA thing!
Right away COE says "I'm not guilty'........hear that???
shakes head and TERRORIZING AD (mom)
There was a fight, IMO
261 months in prison.........for 1st degree kidnapping.

mycroft
11-12-2009, 09:04 PM
I'm trying to think this through. According to the mother, she moved Shaniya to the couch at 5:30 a.m. From where? And why? The mother must have wanted privacy in the area Shaniya was prior, so she moved her. So then, what did she need privacy for? I can think of 3 things. 1, she needed to get ready for work and the child would have been disturbed by the mother's activities in the original location. Does the mother have a job? What are her hours? 2, the mother was fighting with someone and moved the child to get her out of the way. Who was she fighting with, and about what? 3, the mother wanted privacy for sexual activity, thus had to move the child to the couch. I briefly considered a drug deal, but in that case the child would have been moved away from the living room and the couch instead of to it.

(SNIP)

Anyway, just my train of thought. Why move the child to the couch at 5:30 a.m? And from where?

Simplest explanation for why you would do it: Because you didn't. It's just that you need a story that places the girl alone and away from other witnesses to her disappearance.

Given the number of people in the home, there would have to have been a witness to her "kidnapping" if she had been in one of the bedrooms, and she couldn't have crawled out of the bedroom windows (they look pretty high up on the wall and she would have to open a window) so alone in the living area it is.

If she went to bed in a room with one of the other kids, and something happened during the night, you also need to explain away the child's statement that the girl was in the bedroom when he went to sleep. The couch story fixes that.

everyoneneedsavoice
11-12-2009, 09:04 PM
WOW...just caught up. Haven't been on since my last post right after watching the video of the POS in court.

Now I've got to go back and remember all the questions / answers I had after reading all the posts!

And..Nancy's covering Shaniya tonight...just coming on here and intro showed some beautiful pics of Shaniya I haven't seen before...what a beautiful little girl. Look like family pics...wonder who gave them to her???

panthera
11-12-2009, 09:06 PM
I'm waiting for the details!! OK, so he was seen driving away with her, but when? And where is Shaniya??? Seeing this perp in court is disgusting ~ rolling his eyes and all. :banghead:

swanniee11
11-12-2009, 09:06 PM
Coe's Mom needs to make a plea!!

To whom? The person charged with kidnapping is behind bars. I have yet to dismiss this woman of any wrong doing.... IMO..

Ok, i'm editing, I just reread and you meant Coes mom, my bad! ( as my kids would say).

Kimster
11-12-2009, 09:07 PM
I'm not very familiar with this case so will one of the regulars here PLEASE tell me this baby girl's mom isn't covering for this POS who is charged for her kidnapping???

mysticrose
11-12-2009, 09:08 PM
Nancy is pO'ed that perp behind bars and we still dont know where the girl is....

panthera
11-12-2009, 09:08 PM
And one other thing ~ what is with these women who have small children hanging out & living with convicted felons??? :furious: MOO

mysticrose
11-12-2009, 09:09 PM
I'm not very familiar with this case so will one of the regulars here PLEASE tell me this baby girl's mom isn't covering for this POS who is charged for her kidnapping???

Dont know yet Kimster!

passionflower
11-12-2009, 09:09 PM
Le WILL NOT give time he was seen with Shaniya in the car..........
Mother IS NOT cleared either!

mysticrose
11-12-2009, 09:10 PM
Nancy wants to know the time Coe was seen with the girl in his car to know if mom is lying about her time frame, LE not giving that info out...

MommyInHighHeels
11-12-2009, 09:11 PM
Updated

"The girl is still missing, and police planned a press conference Thursday at 9 p.m. to discuss updates in the case."

mysticrose
11-12-2009, 09:11 PM
Davenport on NG right now talking about Coe and her encounter with him..

passionflower
11-12-2009, 09:12 PM
2 instances since sister moved there. (August))????
Violating rules and manager thought he would assault her.
Booming his radio ver loud..........manager called police in.

panthera
11-12-2009, 09:12 PM
Le WILL NOT give time he was seen with Shaniya in the car..........
Mother IS NOT cleared either!
I hope she's arrested too. :furious: MOO

Park manager on Nancy's show saying she'd told him never to come back to the park since he was violating park rules playing his stereo too loud and one time he became confrontational with her and she thought he was going to assault her.

not_my_kids
11-12-2009, 09:13 PM
You realize the sick thing...he'll be out by 50, even if convicted and given the max and not given time off or hit the jackpot and end up part of an early release program.

passionflower
11-12-2009, 09:13 PM

IMO, she is covering for him.........
LE has NOT CLEARED her!!

not_my_kids
11-12-2009, 09:14 PM
Hopefully, the mother won't be cleared or declared not responsible. She needs her own jumpsuit, cuffs and court date.
It's called failure to protect a dependent.

IMO, JMO, IMHO, yada, yada, yada.

panthera
11-12-2009, 09:15 PM
You realize the sick thing...he'll be out by 50, even if convicted and given the max and not given time off or hit the jackpot and end up part of an early release program.
I don't think the charges will stop at kidnapping. This is probably only the beginning. MOO

kellync
Updated

"The girl is still missing, and police planned a press conference Thursday at 9 p.m. to discuss updates in the case."
Thanks!!

kiki the parrot
One of the observations I've made regarding discussing this case (and some others) has to do with putting down people of low SES or who live in trailer parks/trailers, whether nice trailer parks or not-so-cared-for trailers. I think we should remember that here on the web, we have no idea who is behind that other screen name. I am sure there are many folks on here from low SES and/or who live in trailers who have not been bold enough to speak up. I have extended family living in trailers and who are very low on the SES ladder. And they are some of the most loving and giving people I know.

As far as criminal behavior and low SES, that has been disputed and researched time and time again. I wish I had more journals at my fingertips but I do not, so I googled it and came up with the following abstract:

:computer: Is it safe to come out now lol ;) Belimom thanks for saying that. For some reason it was my post (unrelated :confused:) that was used to jump off to make a stereotype I am uncomfortable w--to which my only response was to point out a couple egs where there have obviously been affluent families in which abuse may have occurred. It wasn't meant as sarcastic, I was being sincere and if I'd dared elaborate further, I too would have pointed to drugs eg as more likely a factor or culprit. Anyway again, I appreciate your taking time to explain. Now I'm glad we can focus on finding this precious child! :prayer: JMO

:parrot:

not_my_kids
11-12-2009, 09:16 PM
I don't think the charges will stop at kidnapping. This is probably only the beginning. MOO

We can hope, but if they don't find her, it could stay at kidnapping. Some states just won't go for it without the body.

passionflower
11-12-2009, 09:17 PM
COE seems so cocky and who cares attitude, makes me think the worse scene for Shaniya.
Like he doesn't want her found......then it's proof.
I bet the timeline for car video is right after the garbage can incident.

panthera
11-12-2009, 09:17 PM
Hopefully, the mother won't be cleared or declared not responsible. She needs her own jumpsuit, cuffs and court date.
It's called failure to protect a dependent.

IMO, JMO, IMHO, yada, yada, yada.
I agree. Felony child endangerment, imo. Any idea why he's being charged with kidnapping ~ did whoever witnessed this know for sure Shaniya was alive? :waitasec:

passionflower
11-12-2009, 09:18 PM
Mother changing her story!

Kimster
MOM CHANGES STORY NOW!!! per reporter on NG. Now I'm pizzed.

everyoneneedsavoice
Someone on other thread asked about MHP mgr., BD calling police at time of confrontation with POS. She (BD) just said in nancy grace that she did call police.

Police Report from 11/7/09 at Sleepy Hollow for: SUSPECT WAS TOLD NOT TO BE ON THE LISTED PROPERTY AND CONTINUES TO COME BACK

You can find it here: http://police.ci.fayetteville.nc.us/policereports.aspx - just enter date range and select sleepy hollow drive for incident location.

I found many police reports for this area the first night she went missing and kept this one on my mind, especially after the article that states something about "very recent" problems at this home. Can't find link to article at this moment but will keep looking.

Here it is...http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7109962

"There have been some custody shifts back and forth," Chance said. "The child has stayed with different family. There has just been some things that in the mix in recent history as well as DSS has been involved with the family before."

mysticrose
Coe in court rolling his eyes, Mom giving conflicting reports to LE, changing story. Last several days talking with her (mom) and getting different story still and LE is trying to wade through the carp..

panthera
11-12-2009, 09:19 PM
We can hope, but if they don't find her, it could stay at kidnapping. Some states just won't go for it without the body.
I'm really praying her body is found. Also, reporter on NG's show is saying mom has changed her story during interviews with LE.

kellync
11-12-2009, 09:20 PM
One of the news articles (Ill go look) said that LE is getting many different versions of stories BRB, gonna look

mysticrose
11-12-2009, 09:21 PM
I hate commercials....lol

tiredblondy
11-12-2009, 09:22 PM
I have a question.

If he is innocent why wouldn't he be spilling the beans about the mother?

As to how the feces ended up on the porch and railing ...if someone tried to shake it off that could be one explanation.

Patty G
What IF the mother is setting up Coe?

belimom
I wonder if they should've not locked him up just yet - and kept him under surveillance. Maybe he would've inadvertently led them to her. Just a thought...

not_my_kids
I agree. Felony child endangerment, imo. Any idea why he's being charged with kidnapping ~ did whoever witnessed this know for sure Shaniya was alive? :waitasec:

I get nervous whenever they say they saw the child in the vehicle. I go back to the old case...sorry no reference, where the girl was kidnapped, her father went to drop off the ransom and his daughter was sitting in the car with the kidnapper, who shoved her to the pavement. She had been dismembered and set up with wires and ropes to appear to be sitting up, alive.
Ever since I read that, I can't believe the child in any case is alive unless someone spoke to them and saw them outside of the vehicle.

passionflower
The doc woman on NG, makes me think that she thinks baby is deceased...........
tramautic detress due to all feces found???

panthera
I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to catch up any more than what Nancy's saying, but is this perp (Coe) the "boyfriend" who was originally reported to be at the mh when Shaniya went missing? :waitasec:

mysticrose
11-12-2009, 09:23 PM
Ok so they have Coe in there on first degree kidnapping and I am assuming they can add to those charges at a later time. I hope LE has not jumped the gun with this guy I would hate to see he get away and not be able to be charged with something else do to double jeapordy ....

Kimster
11-12-2009, 09:23 PM
Tricia's tweet says Marc Klaas is going to have more info on the perp. She posted that a few hours ago.

Ginnie
11-12-2009, 09:24 PM
Trailer smells of sewage, feces on blanket and neighbors porch. Did that child get beaten...taken away in the early morning? Why no coverage of mom...drugs involved!

mysticrose

I wondered that as well when I was watching him in the court room...he is kinda like "WTF"....excuse my french...

panthera
The doc woman on NG, makes me think that she thinks baby is deceased...........
tramautic detress due to all feces found???
Sadly I believe Shaniya is gone too ~ and have from the beginning. :cry:

not_my_kids
I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to catch up any more than what Nancy's saying, but is this perp (Coe) the "boyfriend" who was originally reported to be at the mh when Shaniya went missing? :waitasec:

I don't think they have said for sure, but that is the speculation.

kiki the parrot
11-12-2009, 09:25 PM
Has it been confirmed whether Shaniya's mother was Coe's previous assault victim? That makes it pretty tough to say you have no knowledge of your bf's history of violence...

Tracey276
11-12-2009, 09:25 PM
Here's my question. We keep hearing LE has him levaing the mobile park. But do we know what exactly was seen on the video? If he was only charged with kidnapping, then she did not appear deceased? However, I guess it could only appear she was asleep? I'm sorry this is such a sad post. I didn't know another way to ask it.

mycroft
11-12-2009, 09:26 PM
Nancy wants to know the time Coe was seen with the girl in his car to know if mom is lying about her time frame, LE not giving that info out...

How can mom not be lying about the time frame? Perhaps I have it wrong, but don't we have the disposal of the blanket (if we assume that the Moore witness is correct in her speculation about the noise) occurring two and a half hours before the 911 call? Disposing of the blanket in another person's can only serves to deflect suspicion from the Davis home. There had to be something to be suspected of by that hour. The blanket would not have been a priority IMO if they had a body to contend with.

I see what you mean about the car sighting and the time line for when what happened to this girl occurred, but I think we have to throw out the entire time line from the mother at this point.

Patty G
I wondered that as well when I was watching him in the court room...he is kinda like "WTF"....excuse my french...

Yup, especially when he heard the charges.

panthera
But isn't there an eyewitness who saw him leaving with Shaniya?

panthera
11-12-2009, 09:28 PM
How can mom not be lying about the time frame? Perhaps I have it wrong, but don't we have the disposal of the blanket (if we assume that the Moore witness is correct in her speculation about the noise) occurring two and a half hours before the 911 call? Disposing of the blanket in another person's can only serves to deflect suspicion from the Davis home. There had to be something to be suspected of by that hour. The blanket would not have been a priority IMO if they had a body to contend with.

I see what you mean about the car sighting and the time line for when what happened to this girl occurred, but I think we have to throw out the entire time line from the mother at this point.
Actually the noise around Ms. Moore's trash can was 2-1/2 hours before the mom said she put Shaniya on the couch. Then it was over another hour later that she called LE (about 6:50am) when she "noticed Shaniya missing". :)

elle1919
11-12-2009, 09:28 PM
Something is really bothering me about this . If the perp was seen leaving with Shaniya on surveillance why didn't he take the evidence with him?

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Maybe he left with the child and someone else cleaned up the crime?

I find the fact that they haven't found her body yet but they did find the blanket disturbing. Was he in a hurry, I mean why would someone hide her body so well and then leave the blanket?

kellync
11-12-2009, 09:30 PM

"We're dealing with getting very differing stories constantly, so we're trying to piece together the truth and what was going on at the time," Chance said.

BeanE posted this in another thread

passionflower
11-12-2009, 09:31 PM
This is a morbid question, but if a nurse is here, please answer.
The last bowel movemment of a dying person, is it like diarrhea?
and urine is expelled also?

Just a thought, with all media coverage on Haleigh, Caylee, are these people
lying like those cases and buying for time, thinking they will get a way with this.

not_my_kids
11-12-2009, 09:31 PM
Actually if I'm not mistaken (and I may be) the original statement was that she was seen in his car. That seemed to morph into with him. I'm off to link hunt, unless some kind person has the link.

Kimster
11-12-2009, 09:32 PM

lying like those cases and buying for time, thinking they will get a way with this.

I was wondering the same thing...I've heard rumors about this issue, but have never asked a professional about it.

passionflower
MKlass, nothing makes sense and mother is the weak link..............

panthera
Something is really bothering me about this . If the perp was seen leaving with Shaniya on surveillance why didn't he take the evidence with him?

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Maybe he left with the child and someone else cleaned up the crime?

I find the fact that they haven't found her body yet but they did find the blanket disturbing. Was he in a hurry, I mean why would someone hide her body so well and then leave the blanket?
Well I can see him not taking a feces-covered blanket with him, but what is confusing me is if Shaniya had dirtied herself, then how did he carry her out of the house ~ in another blanket? Somehow whoever saw him must have known it was her he was leaving with. :confused: MOO

kiki the parrot
11-12-2009, 09:33 PM
NG showing Shaniya pictures... how adorable is she...

not_my_kids

I'm not a nurse, but to my understanding, if the person is not sick, it would be normal consistency. The muscles relax completely at death and anything in the bladder or bowels is released. So yes,unless the person had recently used the bathroom, then it would be a mix of urine and feces.

I asked after my dad killed himself, he was a very clean person and the thought of him being covered in waste was painful to me, but I had to ask. That's the answer I got.

elle1919
do we know if the sewage problem existed before the time she went missing?

mycroft
Here's my question. We keep hearing LE has him levaing the mobile park. But do we know what exactly was seen on the video? If he was only charged with kidnapping, then she did not appear deceased? However, I guess it could only appear she was asleep? I'm sorry this is such a sad post. I didn't know another way to ask it.

From what I have gathered from the links and quotes here, that was a live witness who saw the girl in the car, and nothing has been said as to whether it was also on tape. I believe someone here mentioned a time here of around sunrise, but I don't recall the source of the information or whether it was speculation.

passionflower
11-12-2009, 09:34 PM
doctor answering feces question, beating, sexual abuse, cleaned up her accident.

nursebeeme
11-12-2009, 09:35 PM
i have thought that many times today especially after seeing his facial expressions during his court appearance!

passionflower
doctor saying domestic abuse the abuser goes off on a RAGE

Patty G
But isn't there an eyewitness who saw him leaving with Shaniya?

Well, not sure if there is an actual "eye" witness or possibly the security camera. No info is being released on the time he was seen or the actual day he was seen ith Shaniya.

IF he was the one that put the blanket in the trash can, then that was at 3:00 AM and that seems to be rock-solid. But after that we have no clue of day and time of Coe and Shaniya.

There was just something within Coe when he heard the charges that seemed to really annoy him to the state of "WTH". We will have to wait and see what happens.

kiki the parrot
11-12-2009, 09:36 PM
Discussing what investigators say are conflicting stories by the mother. Wish we knew what all the inconsistencies are they're worried about. :waitasec:

passionflower
11-12-2009, 09:36 PM
Mom, conflicting stories............

Shaniya is beautiful!
and that Halloween butterfly (fairy) costume is adorable!

Patty G
11-12-2009, 09:37 PM
Sorry to post again but Part 2 is now ready.

YouTube- Prime News 11/12/09 Shaniya Davis (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBJhi7lgGX0)
YouTube- Prime News 11/12/09 Shaniya Davis Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDbsLsuXDp8)

passionflower
11-12-2009, 09:37 PM
Why throw blankie away and not wash it..........good question asked.

This COE doesn't look like the type to fix the sewer........IMO

kiki the parrot
11-12-2009, 09:38 PM
The video of the mh occupants coming outside and looking around could have any number of explanations... wish we could see this too!

nursebeeme
11-12-2009, 09:38 PM

it is not nec. like diarrhea. it is the loss of muscular control of the bowels. they just "let go"... and yes.. the passive expression of the bladder also does occur after death

~been there, done that, got too many shirts to count working intensive care for the last 20 years

mycroft
11-12-2009, 09:39 PM
Actually the noise around Ms. Moore's trash can was 2-1/2 hours before the mom said she put Shaniya on the couch. Then it was over another hour later that she called LE (about 6:50am) when she "noticed Shaniya missing". :)

That's right I misspoke.

kellync
11-12-2009, 09:39 PM
OK, did I take a ride in Kimsters spaceship, or did I hear presser tonight at 9?

tiredblondy
11-12-2009, 09:40 PM
After being present at several loved ones deaths, the last feces release after death from my experience has been like a normal bowel movement with urine release also. I have participated in cleaning them and after that a diaper was then put on the loved one's body for the transport to the funeral home because there is continuous leakage for a while.

mysticrose
11-12-2009, 09:41 PM
i have thought that many times today especially after seeing his facial expressions during his court appearance!

I agree with you and Patty in regards to his facial expressions and have had the same reservation in the back of my mind about him being framed...

I tell ya what if he isn't guilty well he had better start singing like a canary because he is going to go down with some sort of charge...jmo

nursebeeme
Sorry to post again but Part 2 is now ready.

YouTube- Prime News 11/12/09 Shaniya Davis Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDbsLsuXDp8) are you kidding PattyG? Don't ever say sorry! You are the bomb!:woohoo:

panthera
Well, not sure if there is an actual "eye" witness or possibly the security camera. No info is being released on the time he was seen or the actual day he was seen ith Shaniya.

IF he was the one that put the blanket in the trash can, then that was at 3:00 AM and that seems to be rock-solid. But after that we have no clue of day and time of Coe and Shaniya.

There was just something within Coe when he heard the charges that seemed to really annoy him to the state of "WTH". We will have to wait and see what happens.
Thanks so much Patty. I noticed on Nancy's map his house seems to be a few miles from the mobile home. Shaniya could be anywhere in between. :( MOO

kiki the parrot
Another thing... can we learn any more re specific nature of the "terrorizing" charge (re Shaniya's mother)? I would like to know more specifically what is alleged!

panthera
11-12-2009, 09:44 PM
I got a completely different reaction. He looked to me like somebody who's very familiar with the "system", a hardened felon, etc. Not somebody who was totally innocent. But of course he'll probably say he had nothing to do with it. MOO

nursebeeme
has anyone else ever heard "terrorizing" in a court of law? Wasn't it strange wording? T'was a first for me! And made my hinky meter go (ding ding ding)

tiredblondy
After being present at several loved ones deaths, the last feces release after death from my experience has been like a normal bowel movement with urine release also. I have participated in cleaning them and after that a diaper was then put on the loved one's body for the transport to the funeral home because there is continuous leakage for a while.

I hope this helps everyone to understand. I did not mean to offend anyone.

kellync
11-12-2009, 09:45 PM
I hate to type this, but I have a feeling this child was beaten and thats why the feces was on the blanket, and on the back "porch" ..I dont know why, just a feeling after looking at that thug basta** in court today...

kiki the parrot
11-12-2009, 09:46 PM
We don't really know in what kind of shape poor Shaniya was when seen being transported by Coe... that worries me. :(

nursebeeme
11-12-2009, 09:47 PM
I got a completely different reaction. He looked to me like somebody who's very familiar with the "system", a hardened felon, etc. Not somebody who was totally innocent. But of course he'll probably say he had nothing to do with it. MOO
he did the sideways~turned away sneer and was popping his jaw like there was no tomorrow at certain times that the mother's name and the crime was mentioned. He seemed pi$$ed to me.. and like...wtf.. Def. gave me a pause to wonder if the mother was also in on this.. .if not in fact the director of the whole thing... imhoo...imhoo... ducking vegetables now lol..

kellync
11-12-2009, 09:48 PM
After today I am probably on some peoples "ignore" list, sorry to those who witnessed my utter lack of decorum....But, for those that can hear me, is there a presser tonight?

passionflower
11-12-2009, 09:48 PM
After veiwing videos, I just think COE is one bad dude, with macho, anger issues.

nursebeeme
11-12-2009, 09:49 PM
OK, did I take a ride in Kimsters spaceship, or did I hear presser tonight at 9?
nanu nanu~ I did too (and off to watch V later as well... )

tiredblondy
Will someone please let us know about the news update that the police give at 9 pm!

Patty G
I hate to type this, but I have a feeling this child was beaten and thats why the feces was on the blanket, and on the back "porch" ..I dont know why, just a feeling after looking at that thug basta** in court today...

I am thinking that the fecal matter on the blanket may be due to the sewer issue in the house.

kellync
11-12-2009, 09:53 PM
I am thinking that the feacal matter on the blanket may be due to the sewer issue in the house.
I dont want to get started on rumors, and I can not find the link, but I understood the sewer/septic had backed up in the bathtub. If it is due to the septic problems, wonder how it got on the back door/porch, etc? I hope you're right, PattyG..

kiki the parrot
11-12-2009, 09:54 PM
I am thinking that the feacal matter on the blanket may be due to the sewer issue in the house.

That was my first thought too (or hope) but then I was wondering if sewage "leaks" meant odor (vs raw waste) besides which it was her favorite blankie. :(

everyoneneedsavoice
11-12-2009, 09:55 PM
After today I am probably on some peoples "ignore" list, sorry to those who witnessed my utter lack of decorum....But, for those that can hear me, is there a presser tonight?

I'm traveling the galaxy via Kimster mobile with you...I thought I read or heard it but can't find anything about it now...still looking. Oh..and Ignore you???? Never...and yes, I googled it - JK! :crazy:

not_my_kids
11-12-2009, 09:56 PM
has anyone else ever heard "terrorizing" in a court of law? Wasn't it strange wording? T'was a first for me! And made my hinky meter go (ding ding ding)

Terroristic threats, yes. Just terrorizing, no.

Patty G
11-12-2009, 09:56 PM
I dont want to get started on rumors, and I can not find the link, but I understood the sewer/septic had backed up in the bathtub. If it is due to the septic problems, wonder how it got on the back door/porch, etc? I hope you're right, PattyG..

When the sewer/septic system backs up, it will come up in the tub, toilet, sink, washer ... anything that has a pipe that is connected to the sewer system.

My thoughts of how it got on the porch area is "perhaps" taking out the saturated clothing, bedding etc. from the house just to get it out of the house.

passionflower
11-12-2009, 09:57 PM
The oldest son of AD is in child services now.
Infant not mentioned, must be aunts?

MommyInHighHeels
11-12-2009, 09:57 PM
Updated

Bumping my post for those wondering if they've gone crazy.

everyoneneedsavoice
11-12-2009, 09:59 PM
Here it is...

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/12/951569

Police have called a news conference for 9 p.m. to discuss “new information” in the case of missing 5-year-old Shaniya Davis.

passionflower
11-12-2009, 09:59 PM

IIRC 9 am in morning???

passionflower
11-12-2009, 10:00 PM
When the sewer/septic system backs up, it will come up in the tub, toilet, sink, washer ... anything that has a pipe that is connected to the sewer system.

My thoughts of how it got on the porch area is "perhaps" taking out the saturated clothing, bedding etc. from the house just to get it out of the house.

that answers clothes on the line in the rain.............

panthera
11-12-2009, 10:00 PM
And I would like to know where this charge stems from. Did he have a confrontation with Shaniya's mother just before taking Shaniya out of the mobile home, and threaten her if she told LE the truth? Or is this something mom is saying to excuse herself for lying to LE by reporting Shaniya had gone missing from the couch? :waitasec:

Patty G
11-12-2009, 10:01 PM
IIRC 9 am in morning???

I'm reading it's PM

Kimberlyd125
11-12-2009, 10:01 PM
Looks like live video stream will be starting in a few minutes on WRAL.com.

kiki the parrot
11-12-2009, 10:02 PM
9 pm... ET so right now, right...

Kimberlyd125
STARTING NOW
http://www.wral.com/news/video/6408756/

swanniee11

I'm all over the place with this, feel free to knock me down.

I think that the feces was from the plumbing issues (IMO, and I have nothing to support it, other then the fact they had plumbing issues). I also feel that it would not come into play regarding sweet little Shaniya, however, I was also thinking about H1N1 flu and I know that loose bowels are one of the symptoms (reaching, I know) so giving benefit of the doubt (where I shouldn't ) could be why/how this sewage problem came into play ( baby, wipes etc etc etc) (why Shaniya is on the coach (( which was where I kept my son so I could keep an eye on him when he had it)) . I also am holding onto hope that Shaniya is going to be found safe because, although Coe is a POS and he has a history of abuse, none show to children. He's dominating against woman. I guess I (we) just want a happy ending. I know, way to much time has elapsed. UGH UGH UGH

panthera
11-12-2009, 10:03 PM
he did the sideways~turned away sneer and was popping his jaw like there was no tomorrow at certain times that the mother's name and the crime was mentioned. He seemed pi$$ed to me.. and like...wtf.. Def. gave me a pause to wonder if the mother was also in on this.. .if not in fact the director of the whole thing... imhoo...imhoo... ducking vegetables now lol..
I understand what you're saying!! It just struck me as that usual arrogance of someone who's been in and out of prison. I don't think he completely acted alone. First of all, mom at some point allowed him into the house around the children. So even if she didn't participate in beating Shaniya to death, for example, she endangered her by allowing him to be around. MOO

passionflower
11-12-2009, 10:04 PM
KellyNC
NEVER on my ignor list!
I get messed up on WS all the time........
need a forum maybe!

mycroft
11-12-2009, 10:04 PM

Apparently it was at one time part of the definition of kidnapping in NC:

The offense of kidnapping, as it is now codified in N.C.G.S. § 14-39, did not take form until 1975, when the General Assembly amended section 14-39 and abandoned the traditional common law definition of kidnapping for an element-specific definition.3 The 1975 amendment to N.C.G.S. § 14-39 thus defined kidnapping as the unlawful confinement, restraint, or removal from one place to another of any person sixteen years of age or over without that person’s consent for the purpose of obtaining a ransom, holding the victim hostage, facilitating the commission of a felony or flight after the commission of the felony, or for doing serious bodily harm to or terrorizing the victim. N.C.G.S. § 14-39(a) (1975).

NC v. Ripley (2006) (no reporter cite on the page)

not_my_kids
11-12-2009, 10:05 PM
Read post below...she said it better.

Kimberlyd125
11-12-2009, 10:05 PM
Looks like they are setting up.
There is a lot of laughter in the room. I find that ODD!!!!

Making jokes.

OMG

I hope with the light feel and laughter there is good news.
If not, very inappropriate. Just Sayin.

passionflower
11-12-2009, 10:06 PM
Here it is...

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/12/951569

Police have called a news conference for 9 p.m. to discuss “new information” in the case of missing 5-year-old Shaniya Davis.

any locals? link to presser?
Can anyone feel us in??

Kimberlyd125
11-12-2009, 10:07 PM
Link posted above passion.

Kimberlyd125
11-12-2009, 10:08 PM
STARTING NOW

bumping

kellync

Link

everyoneneedsavoice
any locals? link to presser?
Can anyone feel us in??

Thanks to someone else (sorry can't remember who) up thread.

Kimberlyd125
11-12-2009, 10:09 PM
what is up with all the jokes????
Even commenting on how much fun they are having.

I sure hope it's good news.

If not, I may be sick over the actions of the people in that room. JMO

not_my_kids
11-12-2009, 10:09 PM
I think I might cut the reporters some slack...I understand the need for humor, but I think they should check to make sure the feed isn't going first. It's just more professional.

not_my_kids
11-12-2009, 10:10 PM
Oh, just broadcast already. Somebody who knows something needs to get up there and talk. Maybe I should send an email, that worked last night.

panthera
11-12-2009, 10:11 PM
what is up with all the jokes????
Even commenting on how much fun they are having.

I sure hope it's good news.

If not, I may be sick over the actions of the people in that room. JMO
They're really annoying me also. I don't think they even have a clue what the press conference might be about. :banghead:

Kimberlyd125
11-12-2009, 10:11 PM
I think I might cut the reporters some slack...I understand the need for humor, but I think they should check to make sure the feed isn't going first. It's just more professional.

Ok, I guess I agree :innocent:

Kimberlyd125
11-12-2009, 10:12 PM
Yes, I remember that Not My Kids
It took him like 2 minutes to update article last night. lol

kiki the parrot
11-12-2009, 10:13 PM
Another thing... can we learn any more re specific nature of the "terrorizing" charge (re Shaniya's mother)? I would like to know more specifically what is alleged!

(bumping my earlier post) Sorry maybe I should have been more specific... IOW is there a way to read the actual arrest report?

Yes please tell me this seemingly jovial laughter is good news wth... :waitasec:

nursebeeme
11-12-2009, 10:14 PM
trust me... with the macabre comes humor... it is all good

not_my_kids
11-12-2009, 10:14 PM
Finally. Final setup. Person who will be giving info, smiling and laughing with the rest of them.

Kimberlyd125
11-12-2009, 10:15 PM
ok, looks like it's finally gonna start.

mycroft
Looks like they are setting up.
There is a lot of laughter in the room. I find that ODD!!!!

Making jokes.

OMG

I hope with the light feel and laughter there is good news.
If not, very inappropriate. Just Sayin.

They obviously don't know that the feed is live. It's the same group of journalists for these things over and over. They all know each other. It's work for them, as inappropriate as it is to kid around in a solemn story. You can hear them talking about who is going to ask which question!

Kimberlyd125
Did she just say a family member would speak??? Maybe mom

momtective
11-12-2009, 10:16 PM
whew...got back just in time for the presser...good thing these things never start on time.

kellync
11-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Lady holding presser said that someone from the family may speak and can clarify the spelling of their name when they do

tfrohning
11-12-2009, 10:18 PM

I think mom the pert and Coe helped removed Shaniya.
I think finger pointing going to start. I do wonder if the brother been question?

Kimberlyd125
We may finally see mom

not_my_kids
I think mom the pert and Coe helped removed Shaniya.
I think finger pointing going to start. I do wonder if the brother been question?

Brother was interviewed the first day. No link. I'll find it after presser.

momtective
11-12-2009, 10:19 PM
I'm thinking they have recovered her body.

Kimberlyd125
11-12-2009, 10:19 PM
Ok, I see what y'all are saying about them needing humor. I get it.
I'm just on pins and needles right now so hard to hear laughing and joking I guess.

swanniee11
11-12-2009, 10:20 PM
say a prayer folks. bring her home safely

kellync
I'm thinking they have recovered her body.
I dont think so, the lady said she is handing out pictures, but ?????

tfrohning
Shaniya may be alive!!!

passionflower
link not working for me, please tell highlights.........TIA

not_my_kids
It's good news, but I don't know what.

CarolinaMoon
I can't get the feed, please give me the basics!

littleangel
11-12-2009, 10:21 PM
Just wanted to bring this over, so I am not misunderstood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleangel http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4424399#post4424399)
And housing communities with brick homes donot do checks either. Why should mobile home parks, this is a NONISSUE anyways.
THIS IS ABOUT SHANIYA!!!!

Ummm, I don't know about that. Most at least check rental and credit history. Regardless, I am not saying that people who live in mhp are bad. I am saying that some bad people may gravitate toward some of them because of the lack of background and credit checks. Really? Chill out.

My original post was directed to Charla. Her attitude was that people in MHP are more prone to crime and all and whether thats true or not is not an issue IMO, My point was that it doesnt matter in my eyes where Shaniya lived ( although I do know this area and It IS bad) all that I care about is finding her and a bunch of arguing over MHP was senseless IMO.\
I didnt mean any offense to anyone, Just stating what I feel is the obvious....:innocent:

momtective
11-12-2009, 10:22 PM
She's alive!

not_my_kids
Seen on camera in Sanford Tuesday morning. ALIVE.
Different suspect.

kellync
Info late this afternoon, someone in a hotel in Sanford NC saw Shaniya! Mario andretti mcneill has her! They verified it, (PD) oh lord, oh lord, she is still out there!!

momtective
With a male...Mario Andredi McNeil (McNeal) 29y/o

not_my_kids
11-12-2009, 10:23 PM
Everybody in the area OPEN YOUR EYES.
She is alive, as of Tuesday morning. KEEP LOOKING.
Yes, I'm yelling.

littleangel
She's alive!
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

kellync
Mr Lockhart,(dad) White man, so upset, wants his daughter back, poor man!

panthera
Shaniya's father will be there making a brief statement.

New information received. Female child matching Shaniya's description at a motel. Male in surveillance footage identified as Mario (?) McNeil. McNeil is still at large and LE is asking public for assistance.

kellync
11-12-2009, 10:24 PM
This poor dad, this is terrible

kiki the parrot
PC begins now.

Theresa Chance Public Info officer for Lafayette PD. Has confirmed info they received via tip and coverage. Shaniya's father will make a public plea following press release.

29 year-old Mario Andretti McNeal identified as having Shaniya in hotel in Sanford... pleading for her safe return!!! Anyone having info urged to contact PD or crimestoppers.

Mr. Lockhart tearfully begging whoever has his daughter to please let her go... choking back sobs. Omg heartbreaking! "Shaniya I miss you so much honey... I'm waiting for you, I'm not gonna give up and don't you give up either honey!"

kellync
OK, she is much closer to me, I guess I should e mail everyone to keep eyes peeled!!

elepher50
With a male...Mario Andredi McNeal 29y/o

Okay, now the hunt is on for who this dude is.

momtective
11-12-2009, 10:25 PM
Why aren't they showing the family? Why aren't they showing anyone?!

Kimberlyd125
Praise God!!!
Now please somebody bring this baby home!!!!

swanniee11
wt? I missed most of it, my kids needed me at that exact moment. UGh. Help, I need names, Patty G, did you tape this. My volume died and my kids thought it was funny that I"m holding my laptop up to my head to hear. OMG! Help

panthera
Mr Lockhart,(dad) White man, so upset, wants his daughter back, poor man!
When she is found she should go to him. MOO

mycroft
They didn't say she's alive as I understood it. They said the kid on the video following a report could in fact be her. Optimistic but not confirmed to be her.

Father is white, as was speculated. Struggling to keep his composure while pleading.

kiki the parrot
11-12-2009, 10:26 PM
Pleading w Mr. McNeal to have Shaniya taken to any hospital or PD to drop her off safely.

She checked into hotel at 6:11 am. They received report shortly after, and began reviewing surveillance footage. :prayer:

not_my_kids
OMG, She's alive, she was alive. It's now a manhunt.
Is it time for me to start sending bulk email to the stores and churches and such in the area.
She was checked into the hotel in sanford at 6:11, not reported until 6:53.

panthera
Why aren't they showing the family? Why aren't they showing anyone?!
Only her dad was on.

momtective
11-12-2009, 10:27 PM
Checked into hotel at 6:11am

pinkfly
Group prayer everybody. Please let this precious little girl come home

not_my_kids
They didn't say she's alive as I understood it. They said the kid on the video following a report could in fact be her. Optimistic but not confirmed to be her.

Father is white, as was speculated. Struggling to keep his composure while pleading.

No, it was confirmed. THey stated that through reviewing the tape and doing interviews with witnesses and family, they believe it is her, confirmed.

SHe is thought to be safe, the man that took her has a criminal record, not involving children. It is definitely Shaniya and she looks well.

kiki the parrot
No reason to believe Mr. McNeal would harm her... so why does he have her?! :confused:

Turtles
Please God bring Shaniya back to her Daddy. So happy she is a live!!!!!!!!

panthera
11-12-2009, 10:28 PM
OMG, She's alive, she was alive. It's now a manhunt.
Is it time for me to start sending bulk email to the stores and churches and such in the area.
She was checked into the hotel in sanford at 6:11, not reported until 6:53.
(bolding mine)

I still can't believe the mother isn't involved. MOO

What was the purpose of this kidnapping? And what's McNeil's connection to Coe? :waitasec:

kellync
Did I hear correctly they checked into the hotel BEFORE she was reported missing?

Patty G
I am recording the presser and will post it as soon as possible.

not_my_kids
Her father has been crying for hours, I know that look.

If she is alive when they get to her, they need to get him there fast.

tarheelfan78
I used to live in Fayetteville and there is no way Shaniya could be laid down at 5:30am and then check into a hotel in Sanford at 6:11 am. This is raising my hinky meter......

panthera
No reason to believe Mr. McNeal would harm her... so why does he have her?! :confused:

What is this a drug deal ~ child in exchange for drugs?? :waitasec: MOO

kellync
This is a custody something or another I think JMO

panthera
11-12-2009, 10:29 PM
I used to live in Fayetteville and there is no way Shaniya could be laid down at 5:30am and then check into a hotel in Sanford at 6:11 am. This is raising my hinky meter......
Exactly. :furious:

pinkfly
wow. An actual bombshell

mycroft
Only her dad was on.

Weren't the two women with him family? I could not hear who they were. Who as the woman on the right side of the screen who spoke about taking her to a hospital? Is that his current wife?

not_my_kids
Mother was involved in drug bust, but not at that address.

Can't talk about relationship between mother and the man that took her.

kellync
What is this a drug deal ~ child in exchange for drugs?? :waitasec: MOO
--Or this

seekjustice
11-12-2009, 10:30 PM
What in the world is going on? So Shaniya was given to this man by Coe? Do I have that right?

kiki the parrot
11-12-2009, 10:31 PM
They showed mug shot of McNeal, who is this guy and if LE doesn't believe she's in any danger what is Shaniya doing w this guy? And was Coe his accomplice?

Theresa Chance saying McNeal was there that am. Presumably she means at the hotel and not the mh :confused:

mysticrose
I am sorry when was she seen at this hotel? What day and what time...TIA

Kimberlyd125
I took notes and will be posting what I heard in a bit.

panthera
Group prayer everybody. Please let this precious little girl come home
Please Lord, bring her home safely ~ to her father.
:praying:

daisy7
The volume is bad for me - what are the pics. they are showing?

seekjustice
11-12-2009, 10:32 PM
Why are we to believe she is not in danger? I'm so confused.

daisy7
Now, I lost the live feed - is the presser over??

passionflower
I am recording the presser and will post it as soon as possible.

PattyG you're the best! Thanks allot, I couldn't get it to live feed......

daisy7
Who the heck is the new POS they named??

panthera
11-12-2009, 10:33 PM
Weren't the two women with him family? I could not hear who they were. Who as the woman on the right side of the screen who spoke about taking her to a hospital? Is that his current wife?
Sorry ~ yes, I assume it was his wife and I'm not sure who the other woman is. I meant Shaniya's mother wasn't there. My bad!

ella971
How can they say she is not in danger?

kiki the parrot
I am sorry when was she seen at this hotel? What day and what time...TIA

That am... Tues. am LE reports she checked in at 6:11 am.

trigger
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

OMG.......:woohoo:

seekjustice
11-12-2009, 10:34 PM
This is a custody something or another I think JMO

That's all I can come up with right now as well.

panthera
What in the world is going on? So Shaniya was given to this man by Coe? Do I have that right?
I'm as confused as you are and I would like to know why they believe she isn't in danger ~ who is McNeil?

Patty G
Now it makes sense why Coe had the "WTH" look on his face when he heard the charges.

Clearly the child left the house at 3:00 AM ...

mysticrose
11-12-2009, 10:35 PM
Nurse and Patty I believe we may have been right in our assumption that Coe is not our man, or at least not the Man....

everyoneneedsavoice
OMG...I am just now able to type...SHOCK...on the hunt for Mario Andreti McNeal. (Not sure about the spelling...did they say?) I was so shocked, I might have missed it???

Thank you God! Please, please bring her home safely!

Patty G

LE is not saying what the connection is with Coe and McNeil (sp)

kiki the parrot
Please Lord, bring her home safely ~ to her father.
:praying:

:( Yes... whoever this guy is her father sure didn't look convinced McNeal won't harm her. He is a mess, prayers for dad! :prayer: