PDA

View Full Version : NC- Amber Alert issued Shaniya Davis, 5, missing from her home 11/10/09 #4

Pages : 1 [2] 3

WalkTheLine
11-13-2009, 05:14 PM
I just watched the McNeill court appearance posted above...does anyone else think he looks like he's about to cry?

kiki the parrot
11-13-2009, 05:14 PM
Now I'm really confused. According the LE press release dated today,

"Fayetteville Police received a tip on Wednesday evening from an employee of a Sanford Hotel indicating that a small child matching Shaniya’s description was seen in the presence of a male early Tuesday morning, November 10th. "

http://police.ci.fayetteville.nc.us/pressreleases.aspx?do=display&id=1113200910134

I thought I heard the LE "public information" (if you will) person say during the presser that they received the tip on Tuesday...just like your article says??? I need to go back and listen.

Something's stinky in Denmark...that's for sure!

Yes which may explain why Coe was arrested and not yet released.
:parrot:

Trident
11-13-2009, 05:16 PM
mommya - I was going to say just what you did! No, it doesn't say he checked in, just that an employee recognized Shaniya with the man...I also believe it was a hand-off...

Hand off possible - sale? Maybe.

My opinion only

Quiche
How did they identify MAM so quickly if he hadn't checked in there? Obviously there must be more surveilance tapes that give a much better look at him-- because those at the elevator sure as heck don't. Either that, or the ellusive vehicle was linked to him.

Boy, LE is sure holding back, aren't they? I hope they're doing the right thing by Shaniya...

WalkTheLine
...and why hasn't McNeill appeared in court?? Or has he... :confused: arrgggh

I'm not that good at this yet, so I don't know how to do a link - it was on "Angel Who Cares" last post...wral link

Searchfortruth
11-13-2009, 05:17 PM
Police: Man admitted kidnapping missing NC girl

By ALYSIA PATTERSON (AP) – 31 minutes ago

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. — A North Carolina man has admitted to kidnapping a 5-year-old girl, authorities said Friday, but investigators still have not found the child more than three days after she disappeared from a mobile home park.

However, the attorney for Mario Andrette McNeill, 29, said Friday that his client would plead not guilty to kidnapping Shaniya Davis. Fayetteville Police Department spokeswoman Theresa Chance said McNeill admitted to taking the girl.

McNeill was charged with kidnapping while authorities dropped charges against another man, Clarence Coe, who was initially arrested in the case.

"We're hoping we find her alive," Chance said at a news conference. "We found Mr. McNeill, and Miss Davis was not with him."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gw47YRAXLmLUQ69FzCcPLZpmX2SwD9BUT5KG5

kiki the parrot
11-13-2009, 05:20 PM
Thank you! I didn't catch but see it now... :doh:

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/13/951920

Icekwee
11-13-2009, 05:20 PM
O/T a Little Bit:

I noticed on NG the other night it showed quite a few different photos of little Shaniya. I always notice backgrounds in pictures and noted that in all of Shaniya's photos was very nice surroundings.. A birthday party and you could tell the photo was taken in a nice, clean dining area, there was another taken out in front of a nice brick home. Also, in everyone of the photos, she wasclean, hair was fixed and was wearing an adorable dress or outfit. Did anyone else notice this? Wonder if these were taken at grandma's or some other relative.

Have we heard from any relative other than her father?????

This tells me that Shaniya knew clean and neat surroundings, somewhere outside of the park where she was living in a trailer with a sewage problem.

Shaniya is an absolutely beautiful little girl. I pray that she is found safe....

I noticed this as well, Shaniya looks very well kept...I have a 5 year old daughter (only child) and I always have her looking nice, shes our only and we try to give her the best as most parents do . Seems like Shaniya had the same attention and care...I'm praying she's found alive ASAP.

mysticrose
11-13-2009, 05:21 PM
...and why hasn't McNeill appeared in court?? Or has he... :confused: arrgggh

Kiki here is the video of him in court...he has hired his own attorney..:banghead:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/6415872/

JustPeachy
11-13-2009, 05:22 PM
I just watched the McNeill court appearance posted above...does anyone else think he looks like he's about to cry?

I thought he was a little cocky when they were bringing him in but then he looked really scared when the judge was talking to him.

PMLsmom
11-13-2009, 05:22 PM
Are they checking everyone who was registered there? I also believe that there is more video of MAM...Bet they even know what floor they got off on...As to why are they doing this so "openly" - They just aren't that smart to even think about the surveillance cameras that are EVERYWHERE these days!

crystalgenie
11-13-2009, 05:24 PM
Is there some sort of custody issue between the mother and father of Shaniya? If the little girl was sold I hope whoever drops her off where she can be found and doesn't kill her.

NewMommy09
11-13-2009, 05:24 PM
I dont know if this has already been posted but the video of MAM's court appearance is uploaded. Still not sure of how to link but its at wral.com

des, for future reference, you can click the earth icon to link. But personally. I just copy/paste the link. Never had a problem doing it that way.

Here's the link to the court appearance. http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/6415872/

kiki the parrot
11-13-2009, 05:27 PM
WHAT DID HE DO W THIS PRECIOUS BABY :confused:

Lord you are a Protector... thank you for keeping Shaniya and delivering her from danger!
You are a Revealer... thank you for uncovering Shaniya's whereabouts and directing the path of LE.
You are a Comforter... please keep Shaniya in peace, and comfort her father and loved ones.
We are praying for a miracle but we know you are able! In your son's precious name, amen.

:praying:

SuziQ
11-13-2009, 05:28 PM
O/T Presser on the Mo. abuse case in about 15 minutes.

5 Family Members Arrested In Connection w/Child Sex Crimes - Page 24 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

daisy7
11-13-2009, 05:28 PM
Any word on another PC today?

Icekwee
11-13-2009, 05:29 PM
Fayetteville Police received information on Wednesday night, November 11, 2009, that a man had Shaniya in his arms at a hotel in Sanford, North Carolina (about 45 minutes from where the child went missing). Cops say someone at the hotel called police after recognizing Shaniya’s photo from the news. Police went to the location to check the surveillance, but the man and Shaniya were already gone. Police released still photos from the surveillance camera of a man by the name of Mario McNeill carrying little Shaniya near an elevator on Tuesday morning, November 10, 2009 at 6:11 a.m. Right now, investigators are not saying McNeill’s connection to child or her family.

Cops say McNeill and Shaniya were only at the hotel for one hour before leaving the location. Earlier today, November 13, 2009, at an undiscolsed location, police were able to track down McNeill. He was arrested and charged with First-Degree Kidnapping. The problem is, investigators still don’t know where the child is.

From HLN Reporter Michelle Sigona
:banghead:

Why would he take Shaniya to a hotel for only one hour!!! This is just getting weirder and weirder!!

MomofBoys
11-13-2009, 05:29 PM
I have to agree with those on NG's FB page that this is an attempt to hide Shaniya, either because of the custody issues or because of a CPS investigation. I like both ideas, because it means she's likely alive.

I wonder what kind of hotel/motel it is and if they have significant surveillance. I work at a hotel and we have 32 cameras covering every hallway, stairwell, elevator entrance, and the extent of the parking lot. The only areas not covered, of course, are the guest rooms. You can see every point of entry or exit, though, and the windows are bolted close on every level. I realize this is not the norm. I've worked at many different hotels for different companies, and the security has ranged from Disney-level (which is fitting, as it was Disney) to nothing. I worked at a Marriott with little to no surveillance/security before coming to my current small property, which is in a safe neighborhood in a boutique town and is hard-core, LOL.

Of course, that kind of camera system is really expensive.

Also, LE still seems to be implying they have no reason to think she's met with foul play. That has to be telling, right?

Kimberlyd125
11-13-2009, 05:31 PM
Finally home from work, first glass of wine poured, ready to catch up.
Anything new in the last couple of hours?
TIA

NewMommy09
11-13-2009, 05:34 PM
While I was on Maternity leave last June. My A/C kept going out. My apartment maintenance would come fill the freon, it would last a day, then go out again, and they eventually had to replace the unit. This went on for about a month. My son was a newborn and it was in the 90's here in TX. I COULD NOT have him there when the AC was out, so my fiance and I would go to a hotel. We ended up staying a few nights at a Comfort Suites. REALLY nice place, especially for the cost. We had a huge king size bed, a divider then a room with a coffee table and sofa bed, then a bathroom. We only paid about $90 a night. I'm pretty sure there was only one elevator, and only one usable entrance. Though I'm sure there were emergency exits, but I didn't check.

This is a pretty darn nice hotel to check into and leave after one hour. I'm about to try to find the website for this exact one and see if I can get an idea of the layout.

Bringing this up for MomOfBoys.
http://www.comfortsuites.com/hotel/NC559?promo=bingmap

Really nice hotel. 100% smoke free. Looks very similar to the one I stayed in. Only one entrance, you walk right past the reception desk. Only one elevator.
At least at the one I was at, and the pics of this one look like it was built exactly the same way.
Also, I didn't notice ANY security camera's. Maybe because I had no reason to worry about them. Or maybe because they were hidden. Don't know. But they certainly weren't obvious.

mommya
OK - so a worker sees this guy with Shaniya and calls LE.

They probably retrieved the tapes and saw that it was indeed Shaniya - but how did they find out who McNeill was?

They must have shown the pic to family who then ID'd him?

Or Coe?

alwaysonmymind
:banghead:

Why would he take Shaniya to a hotel for only one hour!!! This is just getting weirder and weirder!!

??? To change her appearance?????

justbeachy
UGH...I have to go to a performance at my daughter's school tonight. Don't get me wrong, I'll be there front and center with both my camera and camcorder, but I'll be thinking about sweet Shaniya and praying she is found safely by the time we return home tonight. (and, as much as I hate to admit it, I'm sure I'll pull out my iPhone and check WS a few times while we are out!)

Icekwee
11-13-2009, 05:35 PM
Yes I wasn't either. So he was there for only one hour. I wonder if Mcneill put on the tv in the room and freaked out and left after hearing about the kidnapping and an arrest. I wish they would tell us where they picked him up.

The footage at the hotel was from 6:11 AM on Tuesday, and if he was only there an hour, that means he (they?) left by 7:11 AM. There were no arrests yet, and I don't think there was any coverage of the case yet either. I could be wrong on the coverage though. Can someone local verify?

Good thought though.

ETA: The quote went funky. Sorry.[/QUOTE]

WAIT a minute:
A) How are they certain he was there for only an hour?
B) Surveillance saw him leaving an hour later?
C) He checked out an hour later? Did he have Shaniya with him?
Oh my this is just not adding up!!

kiki the parrot
11-13-2009, 05:35 PM
TIA

Coe's charges dropped. McNeill appeared in court and pled NG. And Shaniya's location not yet known.

Glass of wine sounds good, but only 2:30 here PST. Gotta go get my little girl from school will be back in a bit. I want some good news!!

mycroft
11-13-2009, 05:37 PM
Why do they keep saying "footage of McNeill carrying Shaniya into a hotel room"? Is there OTHER footage we aren't seeing? Or is this bad reporting?
And that brings me to a new set of questions?
DID they actually go into a hotel room? Did he/they check out? How do we know he/they were only there for an hour?
How many exit/entrances are there in the hotel? How many elevators? Any that aren't set up with camera's?

They will know if he entered a room with his key card.
I would assume that they have other camera footage of them leaving the hotel building and/or the parking garage. If they saw him leaving the building and his key card records don't show him re-entering the room, they can conclude that he was gone.

Even if he didn't see the kidnapping report on tv because it was too soon, an hour might be enough time to make a call to Coe or the Mother or someone connected with them, and find out that the police were there and taking the case seriously.

If Coe truly wasn't involved, but mom was, maybe Coe or the Aunt woke up, and said WTF when the child was gone? Maybe mom felt no choice but to call LE. If this was about keeping Shaniya from her father, maybe mom intended for her to disappear with McNeill but did not intend to alert LE.

kellync
11-13-2009, 05:38 PM
It is a sad state of affairs in my life when hubby wants to go to one of my favorite restaurants and I actually (secretly) dont want to go. Id rather sit here and wait. The first night, I went to bed earlier than normal, and when I woke up Coe was arrested. Last night, I went to bed, woke up and McNeill is behind bars. Now, I am leaving again, lets see if something happens. I sure am hoping they find her tonight!

trigger
11-13-2009, 05:40 PM
O/T Presser on the Mo. abuse case in about 15 minutes.

5 Family Members Arrested In Connection w/Child Sex Crimes - Page 24 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4429323#post4429323)

One more arrested. A neighbor.

annettef49
11-13-2009, 05:40 PM
I think he is going to plead NOT GUILTY coz the MOM knew he :took: her with him from the trailor. heck! The MOTHER might have told him to, told him to take her with him when he left. That makes sense to me as to why pleading NOT GUILTY OF kiddnapping her.

sdw
11-13-2009, 05:41 PM
TIA

Girl after my own heart!

NewMommy09
11-13-2009, 05:42 PM
It is a sad state of affairs in my life when hubby wants to go to one of my favorite restaurants and I actually (secretly) dont want to go. Id rather sit here and wait. The first night, I went to bed earlier than normal, and when I woke up Coe was arrested. Last night, I went to bed, woke up and McNeill is behind bars. Now, I am leaving again, lets see if something happens. I sure am hoping they find her tonight!

Well, I hate for you to leave, but since the action happens when you leave, maybe you should go now. ;)
J/K. Actually, that always happens to me too. And then I have to catch up, and I keep wanting to respond to posts, but I'm pages behind. UGH.
Enjoy dinner and hopefully, you will get back to see Shaniya is safe with her dad.

Tainted Angel
11-13-2009, 05:47 PM
I think he is going to plead NOT GUILTY coz the MOM knew he :took: her with him from the trailor. heck! The MOTHER might have told him to, told him to take her with him when he left. That makes sense to me as to why pleading NOT GUILTY OF kiddnapping her.

I'm sure his attorney or public defender advised him to plead not guilty, whether he thinks he is guilty or not. Pleading not guilty means they will go through the trial process and there are so many things that can happen between now and when a trial takes place.

BTW...I'm not an attorney, just my knowledge of how the criminal proceedings take place in my district.

lonetraveler
11-13-2009, 05:49 PM
Maybe this has been addressed and I just missed it, but I have seen two photos of Shaniya being carried into the elevator. Is one photo of her being carried in the elevator when she and the kidnapper arrived at the hotel and the second photo of the two of them entering the elevator to leave the hotel? I was just wondering since it has been released that they only stayed at the hotel for one hour, if she was just delivered to someone already at the hotel. If so, then that someone should have been on a video leaving with her immediately afterwards.

Quiche
11-13-2009, 05:49 PM
McNeill's address is listed as the 2600 block of Pine Springs off Cumberland-- anyone good with maps willing to see if he's located close to Shaniya's residence? lol

MomofBoys
11-13-2009, 05:52 PM
Bringing this up for MomOfBoys.
http://www.comfortsuites.com/hotel/NC559?promo=bingmap

Really nice hotel. 100% smoke free. Looks very similar to the one I stayed in. Only one entrance, you walk right past the reception desk. Only one elevator.
At least at the one I was at, and the pics of this one look like it was built exactly the same way.
Also, I didn't notice ANY security camera's. Maybe because I had no reason to worry about them. Or maybe because they were hidden. Don't know. But they certainly weren't obvious.

Thanks!

Most hotels are franchisees nowadays. For instance, with Marriott, there were only a handful of company-owned hotels and that was four years ago. I work for an Intercontinental Hotels Group property (HI, HIE, Hotel Indigo, Staybridge, Crowne Plaza, etc) and security cameras are not company mandated to my knowledge. Our ownership elected to do it at their expense.

Our cameras don't leap out at you, but we make no effort to hide them.

Keycards could play a big role, especially if it was some kind of handoff to an already registered guest. You can read the locks and see every access, the time it was accessed, and the increment of time between accesses. You can tell if a guest used the key, or if it was a housekeeper, MOD, etc, and which one. If they read the other locks, they can check out anyone who entered their room in that timespan. At that time of morning during the week in a hotel of that size, you're probably dealing with a handful of rooms. Most people at that hour will either be leaving for good, or coming back from an early breakfast.

I often work 7-3 MOD shifts and at that time of day you just don't see a lot of activity. Maybe this property has more of a business demographic, but our business guests are generally out of the room, picking up some breakfast and gone. It'd be the room ENTRIES that'd be interesting, and those are a lot more rare.

Icekwee
11-13-2009, 05:59 PM
??? To change her appearance?????

Makes sense...or as many are expressing to hand her off to someone else.
Its so hard when cases like these come up just depressing and makes me fear for my daughter safety.

MommyInHighHeels
11-13-2009, 06:02 PM
I was really hoping, since McNeill admitted to police that he kidnapped Shaniya, that he was going to use her whereabouts as leverage and that he would tell them her location as part of a plea.

Kimberlyd125
11-13-2009, 06:06 PM
Ok, I'm all caught up. This is just nuts.
I have a firm belief that McNeill is related to mom and he took her as a favor to mom due to cutody issues. That would explain why we haven't seen mom.
I'd love for LE to address ANY INFO ON MOM

ETA: it seems LE is keeping all info regarding mom close to the vest. There has to be a reason for that. just sayin

SondraK
11-13-2009, 06:10 PM
It sure does seem strange that mom is totally non existant in all of this. LE doesn't mention her, no photos of her, even the press says nothing. Just really odd.

Kimberlyd125
11-13-2009, 06:11 PM
O/T: I'd like to say how sick I am of seeing how much coverage Balloon boy scandal is still getting. Come on press!!!! We have children missing!!!! AOL's homepage and MSN's home page both have links to Balloon boy info but neither of them have a single bit of info on all the children in this country that are missing. Public needs to know about these poor children, not that crazy arse dad that loves the spotlight.
Sorry, rant over.

Quiche
11-13-2009, 06:12 PM
Okay, lets see if this works, I am not good with the map thing!

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

McNeill's residence to Shaniya's.

eta: OOOPS, guess not! lol

Anyhoo, it is about 6.8 miles away-- 20 min. by car.

NewMommy09
11-13-2009, 06:13 PM
It sure does seem strange that mom is totally non existant in all of this. LE doesn't mention her, no photos of her, even the press says nothing. Just really odd.

Agreed. In fact (Not counting our theories here), the only mentions of her that I can recall right now were that she put the child down at 5:30 AM on the couch, and found her missing an hour later, and the "terrorizing Antoinette" charges talked about in the video when Coe goes before the judge.

LE is definitely keeping some major info quiet.

Icekwee
IMO, from the pictures that show Shaniya with McNeill she seems to not be in distress, but anxious in a way of "will my mommy be here?" I think Shaniya knows McNeill...
I think he was identified by LE from license plates or LE is very familiar with him and recognized him right away.They might have received the tip on Tuesday but didnt actually check it out until Wednesday due to the amount of tips and they probably scoped out the nearest sightings first.
As far as Coe goes, either he's in on it or he was accused falsely to take the heat off McNeill and who ever really has Shaniya to get her far away. Coe looked pissed in his court appearence but not mad bcus he caught-mad because he's being accused of something he possibly had no part of? More than anything I wish Shaniya to be found safe...secondly to find out if Mom has anything to do with this which I'm 99% sure of.

MommyInHighHeels
"Fayetteville police spokeswoman Theresa Chance said Friday that 29-year-old Mario Andrette McNeill confessed to the crime and has been charged with kidnapping."

Above quoted from article at this link: http://www.wral.com/news/state/story/6412437/

""His attorney, Allen Rogers, said McNeill surrendered to police after investigators contacted his family.

"Obviously, it's a very serious situation. Our hearts go out to the family of this young girl. I certainly hope she's safely returned to her family," Rogers said, declining further comment.""

Above quoted from article at this link: http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6411942/

His lawyer REALLY needs to make his client fess up!

NewMommy09
11-13-2009, 06:17 PM
O/T: I'd like to say how sick I am of seeing how much coverage Balloon boy scandal is still getting. Come on press!!!! We have children missing!!!! AOL's homepage and MSN's home page both have links to Balloon boy info but neither of them have a single bit of info on all the children in this country that are missing. Public needs to know about these poor children, not that crazy arse dad that loves the spotlight.
Sorry, rant over.

ITA!!!
They created the hoax for the coverage anyway. WHY condone their behaviour and reward it with more coverage and attention?
Not to mention, IMO, the reason things like what they did are SO bad and wrong, is because time/money/resources were used that many other cases, particularly missing persons, could have benefited from.
I haven't bothered to read a single article, or listen to a single news story about this since it was deemed a hoax. I won't give it the time of day.

(Laughing at myself, cause this post is a contradiction). LOL.

Kimberlyd125
11-13-2009, 06:17 PM
"Fayetteville police spokeswoman Theresa Chance said Friday that 29-year-old Mario Andrette McNeill confessed to the crime and has been charged with kidnapping."

Above quoted from article at this link: http://www.wral.com/news/state/story/6412437/

""His attorney, Allen Rogers, said McNeill surrendered to police after investigators contacted his family.

"Obviously, it's a very serious situation. Our hearts go out to the family of this young girl. I certainly hope she's safely returned to her family," Rogers said, declining further comment.""

Above quoted from article at this link: http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6411942/

His lawyer REALLY needs to make his client fess up!

BBM

Sad thing is he can't unless it's in the best interest of his client. That's his job. I could never be a defense attorney, Cause whether they are guilty or not, you have to try your best to get them off. SUCKS

trigger
11-13-2009, 06:20 PM
http://www.ccsonc.org/active_inmates/Inmates.aspx

First Degree Kidnapping
Tinted Windows?

MommyInHighHeels
11-13-2009, 06:22 PM
BBM

Sad thing is he can't unless it's in the best interest of his client. That's his job. I could never be a defense attorney, Cause whether they are guilty or not, you have to try your best to get them off. SUCKS

If she is alive, as we all hope she is, it would be in his best interest, her whereabouts could be used as part of a plea deal. The only way I would find it not in his best interest is if she is deceased. This is my opinion only of course.

Kimberlyd125
11-13-2009, 06:24 PM
tinted windows??? seems like a useless charge when the other 1 is 1st degree kidnapping. I wonder why they bothered charging him with that???

Kimberlyd125
11-13-2009, 06:25 PM
ok, maybe we can hope for another 9:00 press conference

trigger
11-13-2009, 06:28 PM
tinted windows??? seems like a useless charge when the other 1 is 1st degree kidnapping. I wonder why they bothered charging him with that???

Very weird. Someone saw her in a car, but how could they if the car has tinted windows? This poor child is being handed over and over to other people?

lonetraveler
11-13-2009, 06:29 PM

ITA, more than strange to me. The mother not making a plea for her daughter, not being mentioned at all, and the press not tracking her down for a statement....................very interesting. I'm wondering if the little girl was deliberately handed over to O'Neill to deliver somewhere. In some reports, O'Neill turned himself in to LE and then on others LE tracked him down and took him in. It appears that this man maybe doesn't think that he "kidnapped" Saniya.

BeanE
11-13-2009, 06:33 PM
New video has been posted. I assume it's from the evening news:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/6416890/

Kimberlyd125
11-13-2009, 06:34 PM
That's what I'm saying...the press conferences are staying totally away from anything to do with mom. If a ??? is asked, they say "we can not comment on that at this time"
What the h377????
It is beyond odd that mom has not been seen or heard from. Her child is missing.
That tells me 99.99% for sure the mom handed her off, or at least knew of it.
I'd love for them to let us know at least what Mario's involvement to the family was. Since they won't answer that ????, that tells me he knows the family. If he didn't, they would just say there is no involvement w/ family.
IMO - MOm had Mario take her. JMO
I'm hoping this guy has a heart and at least handed her off to someone else in the family to "hide" her.
This has me going bonkers.

MissElaine
11-13-2009, 06:40 PM
New video has been posted. I assume it's from the evening news:

The spokeswoman said she "couldn't comment on her (Shaniya) whereabouts right now".

That sounds good to me....like they know where she is and she is okay. The truth will come out.

NewMommy09
11-13-2009, 06:41 PM
Sorry for the O/T. But since it's slow here, I've been reading some links my friend sent me. OMG, this gorgeous little girl never had a chance. Taken at 11 weeks and put in foster care due to abuse, then after 2 years (?) the foster mom lost her due to trying to fraudulently obtain prescription drugs, she was then placed with a Tribal foster family, and died of blunt force trauma to the head.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20091113_11_A1_KyraZu924474

tfrohning
11-13-2009, 06:58 PM
I was really hoping, since McNeill admitted to police that he kidnapped Shaniya, that he was going to use her whereabouts as leverage and that he would tell them her location as part of a plea.

I know that LE can not grab him and throw up against the wall...but it was my first thought reading your post.:banghead:

SondraK
11-13-2009, 06:59 PM
Sorry for the O/T. But since it's slow here, I've been reading some links my friend sent me. OMG, this gorgeous little girl never had a chance. Taken at 11 weeks and put in foster care due to abuse, then after 2 years (?) the foster mom lost her due to trying to fraudulently obtain prescription drugs, she was then placed with a Tribal foster family, and died of blunt force trauma to the head.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20091113_11_A1_KyraZu924474

Right in my backyard. I am crushed. RIP beautiful baby.

elepher50
11-13-2009, 07:01 PM
McNeill's address is listed as the 2600 block of Pine Springs off Cumberland-- anyone good with maps willing to see if he's located close to Shaniya's residence? lol

Here is a map showing Pine Spring Drive to Sleepy Hollow Drive in Fayetteville:

elepher50
11-13-2009, 07:03 PM
Do we have a middle name for mom or at least an initial of her middle name. Middle name wouldn't be Love would it?

redcar1
11-13-2009, 07:12 PM
What If: (just a theory) that mom planned to hand off Shaniya to avoid losing her for custody reasons... someone, (distant relative) drives into town the night before, gets a hotel room at the same location that McNeil checks into at 6:30 a.m. (by the way, I do believe McNeil is somehow related to the mom) he hands her off to the relative when they arrive and the relative takes off that morning back for their home.

I hope LE can track any long distant phone calls - they may already know where she is! Just may be dealing with jurisdiction issues.

I truly believe there is NO way this mother could NOT have known... She has never once made a public plea or even had a relative make a public plea. If this is the case, she needs to be charged! Espicially since there are a gazillion people who are trying to help find this little girl!

Praying for the safe and speedy recovery of Shaniya! :)

not_my_kids
11-13-2009, 07:12 PM
I take it we don't know anything more than we did a few hours ago?

I'm catching up, but i figured if there was something really big, someone would tell me.

elepher50
11-13-2009, 07:18 PM
I take it we don't know anything more than we did a few hours ago?

I'm catching up, but i figured if there was something really big, someone would tell me.

Not a damm thing NMK - no new breaks!

Recovering-Lurker
11-13-2009, 07:19 PM
I just can't buy the idea of this happening because of a custody or CPS issue, because I think MAM would have spilled the beans already.

elepher50
11-13-2009, 07:20 PM
We do have the arrest record of Mario Andrette McNeillnow on the public site:

http://www.ccsonc.org/active_inmates/Inmates.aspx

jnTexas
11-13-2009, 07:23 PM
Do we have a middle name for mom or at least an initial of her middle name. Middle name wouldn't be Love would it?

Momtective posted the full name I think on one of the first pages of the 2nd thread. I think it was anwanette love cox Davis, but I'm not 100% sure.

I'm reading on iPhone headed to the deerlease or I find it for ya.

SondraK
11-13-2009, 07:25 PM
Try Lajune as a middle name

elepher50
11-13-2009, 07:28 PM
There is a 23 year old named A. Love D. who has a criminal record which may very well be the mom. Just wondering if any of the news reports have listed the middle name.

SondraK
11-13-2009, 07:31 PM
There is a 23 year old named A. Love D. who has a criminal record which may very well be the mom. Just wondering if any of the news reports have listed the middle name.

news don't even know she exists.....

SondraK
11-13-2009, 07:33 PM
Use Antwanette Lajune Cox or Davis
Nooky Cox

She has used these aliases

not_my_kids
11-13-2009, 07:35 PM
Nooky?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Edit...as I don't know what I'd do with myself if I got TO'ed/

not_my_kids
11-13-2009, 07:36 PM
I'm really starting to think he passed her off to someone.

This might be a little better planned than we thought.

curvecuti
11-13-2009, 07:38 PM
Nooky Cox

She has used these aliases That is not her. That woman is 37 yrs old and lives in Wayne Co.

elepher50
11-13-2009, 07:40 PM
Nooky Cox

She has used these aliases

Nah .. the United Kingdom (UK) can claim Nooky Cox at least from what I see on the Youtube profile for Nooky Cox.

PoppyH
11-13-2009, 07:41 PM
I have a feeling this little one is safe somewhere, praying she is found soon, this is all to weird , the imagine the mom knows where she is.

elepher50
11-13-2009, 07:42 PM
I'm really starting to think he passed her off to someone.

This might be a little better planned than we thought.

NMK: I seriously cannot think of any dammed good reason for a man to check into a motel at 6am with a 5 year old girl whom he has confessed to kidnapping. I just don't get any good vibes from this at all. He has now turned himself in and came with a lawyer so he don't want to talk.

This is more than bizaar (I am stuttering and cannot even spell anymore).

elepher50
11-13-2009, 07:45 PM
I have a feeling this little one is safe somewhere, praying she is found soon, this is all to weird , the imagine the mom knows where she is.

Hi PoppyH,

Wish I could share this feeling with you but I am not getting good vibes at all - there are way too many past criminal charges against these goofs that have been involved with this innocent child.

Wish I could but am not ......

Angel Who Cares
11-13-2009, 07:46 PM
Video: •Despite arrests, Fayetteville girl still missing 2:36

Video: Police report second arrest in girl's disappearance 4:19
http://www.wral.com/news/video/6412171/

Video: Police: Missing child seen at Sanford hotel 2:31
http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/6409385/

:angel:

elepher50
11-13-2009, 07:48 PM
I will post this and bring it back down if necessary - however, this is public record:

Antoinette Love Davis:

http://www.cabarruslaw.us/inmate_details.asp?lastname=davis&firstname=antoinette&Submit=Begin+Search&jail_inmate_link=23573

JulieR
11-13-2009, 07:49 PM
I hope it is a plan, because this mother must really have MM snowballed if he is willing to sit in jail instead of tell where this little girl is. We all know that crime against a child is the lowest scum in prison, can't see MM wanting to be there unless he is the scum. LE must know by now who that room was rented to and if MM left there with or without Shaniya. If this room was rented to MM for one hour, there is not much logic in that when he could have waited in a car for the hand over, why risk being seen by anyone.

It seems more reasonable that he took Shaniya to the hotel for reasons we don't want to think about and then took her life...........I pray I am wrong, but it just isn't right he's not talking.

JulieR
11-13-2009, 07:54 PM
Anyone notice MM has one heck of a fat upper lip in that video (arraignment hearing).

QuietStorm
11-13-2009, 07:56 PM
I am trying so hard to bite my tongue, er, fingers here. I dont see it either, but I have definitely been wrong before...This is hard, espec when we want so much to figure out this mess

IMHO the lady in pink seems too old to have a 30 year old boyfriend, but I could be wrong.

SondraK
11-13-2009, 08:01 PM
Sorry for leading you wrong on the names, but that is what I thought I read earlier.

Oh well, I have been wrong before, and I probably will again. :biglaugh:

panthera
11-13-2009, 08:01 PM
Good evening all! :seeya: Nancy's show is on with Pat Llama hosting tonight ~ talking about Shaniya, the boyfriend's charges dropped and arrest of McNeil.

elepher50
11-13-2009, 08:02 PM
IMHO the lady in pink seems too old to have a 30 year old boyfriend, but I could be wrong.

The lady in pink is probably the g'mother - it is not the bio mother of Shaniya.

not_my_kids
11-13-2009, 08:03 PM
There is no reason for a man to check into a hotel with a 5 year old.
There is no reason for a mother not to speak up as to what REALLY happened to her child.
There is no reason for LE to jump the gun and arrest the wrong person, while letting the right person and the child slip their hands.

So far, the idea that this was a setup to ship her off with unknown family members, not that far outside of the realm of possibility.

panthera
11-13-2009, 08:03 PM
They're mentioning that McNeil & Shaniya were only at the motel for about an hour after checking in at 6:11am. Has there been confirmation he was alone with Shaniya during that hour, such as no visitors who could've picked her up, and was he seen leaving with her? (Sorry I just got home from work and only read the update about his arrest while I was at work). :waitasec:

Patty G
11-13-2009, 08:04 PM
Does anyone have the screenshot available of the white woman, the black woman, that shows the man with the child? I think we have two screen shots of the black women, one with more of the profile.

jnTexas
11-13-2009, 08:05 PM
I will post this and bring it back down if necessary - however, this is public record:

Antoinette Love Davis:

http://www.cabarruslaw.us/inmate_details.asp?lastname=davis&firstname=antoinette&Submit=Begin+Search&jail_inmate_link=23573

I think you are right. I will eat crow in the ms pages.

How sad another baby having babies case. She would've been 15/16 when she had the 7 yr old.

panthera
11-13-2009, 08:06 PM
There is no reason for a man to check into a hotel with a 5 year old.
There is no reason for a mother not to speak up as to what REALLY happened to her child.
There is no reason for LE to jump the gun and arrest the wrong person, while letting the right person and the child slip their hands.

So far, the idea that this was a setup to ship her off with unknown family members, not that far outside of the realm of possibility.
Has there been any explanation why Coe was released ~ how could he be completely cleared if somebody supposedly saw him driving away with Shaniya? Sorry for my confusion!

mysticrose
11-13-2009, 08:06 PM
I also find it odd that his family contacted him after LE talked to them, and he turned himself in, admits to taking the child, police still don't know where she is...ugh what am I not getting here..

I don't know if the guy is talking or not but who would he go to jail for and not rat out ?
Or is he just covering his own arse...

not_my_kids
11-13-2009, 08:08 PM
Holy crap...we know who he is to the family.

sellen75
Ok. My 2 cents worth??? I'm sorry if any of this has been covered. It's hard to follow every single post and I don't post a lot (2nd time).

I think they arrested the BF initially to give the mom a safe time to tell what she knows. "He's locked up so now you need to tell us..." They convinced a judge "oh, yeah, this is the BF. We need to arrest him." They knew that it might not have been him but a perfect opportunity to separate him from mom.

Another thought is that the new guy that was arrested might have confessed to let the BF off the hook. Perhaps to take care of the business he needs to in order to cover anything else up or to "influence" the mom in person not to talk. Maybe it is easier for the BF to threaten mom than this other guys so the other guy will take the jail time for now.

I don't know...just trying to make sense of this all just as we all are.

elepher50
Does anyone have the screenshot available of the white woman, the black woman, that shows the man with the child? I think we have two screen shots of the black women, one with more of the profile.

Sure PattyG:

Here it is - EXCEPT I believe this to bad reporting as that is IMO not the mother and the sister of the mother to Shaniya.

SondraK
Mighty big age difference between Shaniya's mom and dad if mother is only 24.

kiki the parrot
McNeill mother's sister's (Shaniya's aunt's) ex bf (reporting on NG).

jnTexas
Good evening all! :seeya: Nancy's show is on with Pat Llama hosting tonight ~ talking about Shaniya, the boyfriend's charges dropped and arrest of McNeil.

Can someone post updates on the NG show? I'm on the way to the deerlease and unable to watch. I knew I should've stayed home.

mysticrose
So McNeill is an ex boyfriend of Shaniya's mom's sister according to sources from NG...

lurkeyloo
who??? IDK. I haven't been able to follow along today.

elepher50
11-13-2009, 08:09 PM
Sure PattyG:

Here it is - EXCEPT I believe this to bad reporting as that is IMO not the mother and the sister of the mother to Shaniya.

ETA: That is w/o a doubt Coe in the still frame with the baby.

panthera
OK, so Shaniya's half brother and Coe both tell LE that McNeil is Shaniya's aunt's ex-boyfriend. I still am asking myself what the purpose of taking her was. :waitasec:

Money Girl
Has there been any explanation why Coe was released ~ how could he be completely cleared if somebody supposedly saw him driving away with Shaniya? Sorry for my confusion!

Read in a news report that they were mistaken about it being Coe. It was McNeil.

not_my_kids
Thanks kiki, I was trying to get that typed up, but it was kind of hard to keep straight.

mycroft
11-13-2009, 08:10 PM
So if he's the Aunt's ex-boyfriend. I think he called her and ran from the hotel when he found out that the cops were onto the case.

kiki the parrot
Beautiful pictures of Shaniya, dressed in costume she is so precious.

Money Girl
OK, so Shaniya's half brother and Coe both tell LE that McNeil is Shaniya's aunt's ex-boyfriend. I still am asking myself what the purpose of taking her was. :waitasec:

He is obviously a pedophile; they normally quickly dispose of their victims.

Sharedspirit
What if it was the father who had the child taken to protect her? I can't stop thinking about this beautiful little girl and pray that she is found safe! None of this makes any sense!

mysticrose
11-13-2009, 08:12 PM
Timeline is unusal concerned about what mom knows...NG

not_my_kids

The only thing obvious is that he is guilty of kidnapping...
IMO.

panthera
Mighty big age difference between Shaniya's mom and dad if mother is only 24.
I only saw him last night on the news conference ~ do we know how old he is?

Kimberlyd125
11-13-2009, 08:13 PM
Catching up (again) but I hold the opinion that McNeill only handed her off to someone who was already at the hotel, waiting, because it was planned.
Keeping her away from custody battle w/ father.
Again, that is MOO.
To me, it's the only thing that makes any sense what so ever with this carp.
Mom is being protected by LE because she is the key. IMO
McNeill is related to mom. IMO
Shaniya is safe with other family at this time. IMO

everyoneneedsavoice
11-13-2009, 08:13 PM
On NG:
1. shaniya’s half brother and coe both say that Mcneill is the ex boyfriend of mother’s sister
2. talking head / profiler says shaniya's body language in pics concerns her, re: crossing of legs???
3. replaying press conference from today

that's all i got just now...i'll keep posting updates as I'm watching

Money Girl
11-13-2009, 08:14 PM
The only thing obvious is that he is guilty of kidnapping...
IMO.

Sorry, but when I see a grown man carrying a little girl into a hotel, it is obvious he is a pedophile to me.

not_my_kids
Catching up (again) but I hold the opinion that McNeill only handed her off to someone who was already at the hotel, waiting, because it was planned.
Keeping her away from custody battle w/ father.
Again, that is MOO.
To me, it's the only think that makes any sense what so ever with this carp.
Mom is being protected by LE because she is the key. IMO
McNeill is related to mom. IMO
Shaniya is safe with other family at this time. IMO

Actually McNeill is an ex of Mom's sister per NG (Wanna borrow my salt?). Not blood relation...but close enough.

Kimberlyd125

Antoinette Love Davis:

I think that, in fact is mom!!!!!!!! Good find IMO.
Now what? Where is she? Where is public plea? What did she do?
IMO of course.

Patty G
11-13-2009, 08:16 PM
Sure PattyG:

Thank you so much for the pics. What I wanted to do is look at the profile of the black woman and then compare it to the picture and info you just posted of Antoinette Love Davis.

If I was a betting woman, I would say that the picture and criminal record is Shaniya's mother and the black woman in the photo is Antoinette's Aunt Brenda or Antoinette's mother.

We shall see ..... :blowkiss:

ETA: Antoinette's mother

not_my_kids
11-13-2009, 08:18 PM
Sorry, but when I see a grown man carrying a little girl into a hotel, it is obvious he is a pedophile to me.

But, not the way he was holding her. If he kidnapped her to take her to a hotel, if that was his fantasy, he would have been drooling with lust, russian hands and roman fingers waiting on the elevator. He obviously didn't know that camera was there. no reason to act like he was just carrying her.
Look at his hands, he's being careful NOT to touch her. IMO, not a pedophile.

mysticrose
11-13-2009, 08:19 PM
Regina calling asking about the timeline, mother or aunt taking a polygraph? Not to any bodys knowledge

kiki the parrot
11-13-2009, 08:20 PM
"Everyone in trailer should be given a poly" (and no one has) -NG show

mysticrose
Asking why mom has not been pleading for the girl, talking head says very odd and speaks volumes...

mycroft

All I can think of at this point is that either the Aunt and/or Mario had in the past or was continuing to abuse Shaniya, and that she had begun to speak out about it.

everyoneneedsavoice
NG back on:
Replaying Mcneill court appearance today

still unable to locate Shaniya and investigators now reinterviewing residents at MHP

some hope she's still alive after seeing pics

questioning timeline - mom says put her on sofa at 530 am the made call to police closer to 700 - neighbors statement about noise around 300 am - police are trying to find out truth in timeline and information received

defense attny also questioning timeline and believes that a confession would go hand in hand with location of shaniya - puzzling to him

no motive known as of yet - no information from mother and no talking about other adults in the home

caller asking about timeline - did mother or any other adult take poly? no indication that they have taken a poly.

caller asking what if mom steps up and plead for safe return of shaniya? disconcerning that it has not happened and the mother's silence speaks volumes

gloria allread wondering why mom hasn't come forward? is she afraid of implicating herself even if she's innocent? don't know we'll have to wait and see.

commercial....

PoppyH
Wheres the pics of them leaving the Hotel?? Did he changer her appearance?? Haircut, boys clothes maybee??

Kimberlyd125
11-13-2009, 08:21 PM
OMG This case gets stranger by the second. Aunt's bf??? What the h377?????
Maybe aunt is the key??? IdK
I think the problem is we are all trying to think rationally and there has been nothing rational since this child was taken. IMO

panthera
11-13-2009, 08:22 PM
Regina calling asking about the timeline, mother or aunt taking a polygraph? Not to any bodys knowledge
If this McNeil only transported Shaniya to some other family member to keep her away from "dad", why would he confess to kidnapping and not divulge where she is? That's what I'm not understanding at all. Does he want to spend the rest of his life in prison? :waitasec: MOO

not_my_kids
11-13-2009, 08:23 PM
Alright, no LDT's.
Arrested the wrong guy.
Didn't follow up the tip until they were already gone...

Let's all applaud the various LE agencies involved in this case. They are providing a shining example of what not to do.
If they know enough that it just looks that way...then they need to get off their butts and go get her. The only thing that would excuse this level of seeming incompetence is if they know where she is, and if that is the case, then why are they just talking about her, go get her.

panthera
11-13-2009, 08:23 PM
All I can think of at this point is that either the Aunt and/or Mario had in the past or was continuing to abuse Shaniya, and that she had begun to speak out about it.
That would explain a lot of things ~ including her blanket. MOO

mysticrose
11-13-2009, 08:24 PM
NG back on:
Replaying Mcneill court appearance today

still unable to locate Shaniya and investigators now reinterviewing residents at MHP

some hope she's still alive after seeing pics

questioning timeline - mom says put her on sofa at 530 am the made call to police closer to 700 - neighbors statement about noise around 300 am - police are trying to find out truth in timeline and information received

defense attny also questioning timeline and believes that a confession would go hand in hand with location of shaniya - puzzling to him

no motive known as of yet - no information from mother and no talking about other adults in the home

caller asking about timeline - did mother or any other adult take poly? no indication that they have taken a poly.

caller asking what if mom steps up and plead for safe return of shaniya? disconcerning that it has not happened and the mother's silence speaks volumes

gloria allread wondering why mom hasn't come forward? is she afraid of implicating herself even if she's innocent? don't know we'll have to wait and see.

commercial....

Great Job ! Do you transcribe for a living...lol :crazy:

Sharedspirit
11-13-2009, 08:25 PM
But, not the way he was holding her. If he kidnapped her to take her to a hotel, if that was his fantasy, he would have been drooling with lust, russian hands and roman fingers waiting on the elevator. He obviously didn't know that camera was there. no reason to act like he was just carrying her.
Look at his hands, he's being careful NOT to touch her. IMO, not a pedophile.

When I looked at the picture, I thought he was holding her in a protective, caring kind of way. Like you would your own child who was sick, or a piece of property that was very valuable. She didn't look scared, she looked curious to me.

kiki the parrot
11-13-2009, 08:25 PM
Coe very upset about his arrest... yathink

Money Girl
11-13-2009, 08:26 PM
If this McNeil only transported Shaniya to some other family member to keep her away from "dad", why would he confess to kidnapping and not divulge where she is? That's what I'm not understanding at all. Does he want to spend the rest of his life in prison? :waitasec: MOO

IMO, he is not divulging where she is because she is deceased.

Kimberlyd125
11-13-2009, 08:27 PM
I think he confessed to taking Shaniya away from home. Do not think he confessed to kidnapping. IMO 2 different things. Hence, the not guilty plea in court to kidnapping. That goes along w/ the theory that he took Shaniya w/ mom's knowlege. JMO and just my theory.

PoppyH
11-13-2009, 08:28 PM
I think he confessed to taking Shaniya away from home. Do not think he confessed to kidnapping. IMO 2 different things. Hence, the not guilty plea in court to kidnapping. That goes along w/ the theory that he took Shaniya w/ mom's knowlege. JMO and just my theory.

I was thinking the same thing

not_my_kids
11-13-2009, 08:29 PM

I share your basic theory, not sure on the finer details, but I do share the theory.

panthera
IMO, he is not divulging where she is because she is deceased.
That is my first thought also. Or if she is still alive, I'll go back to my other theory that it was a drug payoff. MOO

elepher50
Think I may be seeing something re Bradley Lockhart from Virginia - anybody else seeing anything?

mysticrose
11-13-2009, 08:30 PM
What in the world is the EX BF of auntie doing taking this little girl?

not_my_kids
11-13-2009, 08:31 PM
Okay, how many cases are there where the kids are taken as drug payment.
I remember one, the case in NV (I think) where the grandfather was dealing and they took the little boy.
Any others? Any at all?

PoppyH
11-13-2009, 08:32 PM
That is my first thought also. Or if she is still alive, I'll go back to my other theory that it was a drug payoff. MOO

God I hope not, they would want money I think, not a child, but who knows in this crazy world, These folks do not look to rich, where do they get money for drugs??

panthera
It doesn't make sense though as it's being reported he "admitted" he kidnapped her. Wouldn't the wording be different? MOO

Patty G
Looks like we are going to need the transcript of tonight's Nancy Grace Show to get all the people in that house right! :banghead:

elepher50
11-13-2009, 08:33 PM
I remember one, the case in NV (I think) where the grandfather was dealing and they took the little boy.
Any others? Any at all?

Only the one in NV ... only one ... drug dealers do not take little children as payment. End of story IMO.

MommyInHighHeels
11-13-2009, 08:34 PM
Can I just say I am livid that LE held the press conference last night and not Tuesday night! They gave him 2 days running start, we all saw how quickly he turned himself in once his information was released. This has infuriated me ever since the press conference last night.

panthera
Any others? Any at all?
I don't know about any cases, but have heard first hand from someone who claims this happened to her when she was about Shaniya's age. MOO

Kimberlyd125
Think I may be seeing something re Bradley Lockhart from Virginia - anybody else seeing anything?

I have not been able to find anything on dad, but if you did...please share.
I think if name is public knowledge, ok to sleuth. I may be wrong. Any thougts??? Should elepher divulge what she has found?

panthera
11-13-2009, 08:35 PM
Only the one in NV ... only one ... drug dealers do not take little children as payment. End of story IMO.
It was just mentioned though on Nancy's show. And McNeill does have a history of drug charges. MOO

kiki the parrot

Most recently living in TX IIRC, that's where he flew in from.

Kimberlyd125
It doesn't make sense though as it's being reported he "admitted" he kidnapped her. Wouldn't the wording be different? MOO

Well, was that official lingo or was that reported by a news outlet. Because, IMO they are often wrong on the detail of report. IMO

not_my_kids
11-13-2009, 08:36 PM
But the attorney for Mario Andrette McNeill, 29, said Friday that his client would plead not guilty to kidnapping Shaniya Davis. Fayetteville Police Department spokeswoman Theresa Chance said McNeill admitted taking the girl.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gw47YRAXLmLUQ69FzCcPLZpmX2SwD9BUUG280

Admitted taking vs. Admitted to kidnapping. In the letter of the law, not much difference, but in in the spirit of the confession, means everything.

hoppyfrog
11-13-2009, 08:36 PM

Huh????

When I see a grown man carrying a little girl into a hotel, I think "dad."

kiki the parrot
11-13-2009, 08:37 PM
Caller saying the same exact thing I first thought when I saw McNeill... looks like the Cheshire Cat.

Patty G
11-13-2009, 08:37 PM
YouTube- Prime News 11/13/09 Shaniya Davis Part 1
YouTube- Prime News 11/13/09 Shaniya Davis Part 2

panthera
11-13-2009, 08:38 PM
But the attorney for Mario Andrette McNeill, 29, said Friday that his client would plead not guilty to kidnapping Shaniya Davis. Fayetteville Police Department spokeswoman Theresa Chance said McNeill admitted taking the girl.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gw47YRAXLmLUQ69FzCcPLZpmX2SwD9BUUG280

Admitted taking vs. Admitted to kidnapping. In the letter of the law, not much difference, but in in the spirit of the confession, means everything.
I agree. Thank you for the link. :)

Kimberlyd125
11-13-2009, 08:39 PM
But, if he admitted taking her with permission it would mean a lot! IMO
If I take my nephew with my sisters permission, then she reports him missing, I can truthfully say I did not kidnap him.
KWIM
So, maybe in this case, he really thinks he took Shaniya but did not kidnap her.
Am I making sense???

not_my_kids
11-13-2009, 08:39 PM
I think that smirk is just his mugshot face. JMO.

panthera
11-13-2009, 08:40 PM
Alright, no LDT's.
Arrested the wrong guy.
Didn't follow up the tip until they were already gone...

Let's all applaud the various LE agencies involved in this case. They are providing a shining example of what not to do.
If they know enough that it just looks that way...then they need to get off their butts and go get her. The only thing that would excuse this level of seeming incompetence is if they know where she is, and if that is the case, then why are they just talking about her, go get her.
Someone on Nancy's show just basically said the same thing, that it was total incompetence starting with the arrest of Coe. MOO

Money Girl
11-13-2009, 08:41 PM
Huh????

When I see a grown man carrying a little girl into a hotel, I think "dad."

Except, we know he is not her dad.

Kimberlyd125
11-13-2009, 08:42 PM
Ok, gonna say goodnight since hubby thinks I'm gonna divorce him and marry websleuths. LOL
Y'all have a good night and I will try to catch up in the morning.
I'm thinking I may get a notebook in the morning and start from thread 1, post 1 and see if I catch anything. IDK
Something in this mess has to make sense.

Good night y'all.

Praying for Shaniya and all who love her.

ella971
You guys notice in the video his hair was not in dreads? In court it was. Just taken notice to little things.Also at 6:00 am on that day it was cold in the morning. I would think she was cold.Regarding her little legs.I pray she is safe.

panthera
If I take my nephew with my sisters permission, then she reports him missing, I can truthfully say I did not kidnap him.
KWIM
So, maybe in this case, he really thinks he took Shaniya but did not kidnap her.
Am I making sense???
Yes, you're making complete sense. That's why I was questioning exactly what McNeill admitted he did. He wouldn't be admitting to kidnapping if he was handed Shaniya and told what to do with her, such as deliver her to somebody else. What I can't understand now, is if she's still alive, why would he sit in jail and not tell LE where she is. MOO

mycroft
IMO of course.

If that's her IMO:
-She does not look like the MS page that's floating around.
-She does not look like the still frame of the people getting into the squad car at the trailer park.
-That is a different middle name than appears earlier in the thread for mom.
-I don't think that the MS person is the woman in the squad car photo.

All of which is to say, I'm confused. It's seems like we've got three or four people in the mix here as possible ADs.

trigger
11-13-2009, 08:43 PM
IMO of course.

I wonder where she use to live. Just throwing this out there..Maybe her sister plotted this whole thing with her ex bf? Maybe for the reward money? Maybe the mom really did put the child on the couch so she could be alone with her bf. An hour later she goes into livingroom and sees that she is gone, wakes up her sister and they call 911.They are seen outside looking around for the child. I think the sister has something to do with this but thats only MO. Mcneill is keeping quite because he will get his gf, the moms sister, in trouble.

passionflower
11-13-2009, 08:45 PM
Only in hotel for 1/2 hour than left..........alone? with Shaniya???
Isn't that really odd to pay that money for that time?
If someone was there, he would have not registered and paid.
Was Shaniya dirty (feces, no clothes) and just there to bathe?
If she never left hotel, where could she be there?

Is this Mario (aunt's X) father to her baby?
Was he messing around with Shaniya??

Lexiintoronto
11-13-2009, 08:45 PM
He was there for one hour, reporters only privy to photos of Shaniya and accused entering hotel.

IMO police are releasing the images because they can, and because they're laying the evidence on the table to force the POS to admit where she is. As the time passes without him admitting where she is, I'm guessing they'll release more images.

The man checks into a hotel with a child only wearing a t-shirt and panties, and they don't have luggage and the cops aren't immediately called? Or at least the child isn't questioned by the receptionist? Something?

ETA: just concerned for the little girl -- maybe nothing looked out of the ordinary to the receptionist. Maybe he did just look like a dad. I just want to tell her to *run!!* when I see that surveillance tape :(

MommyInHighHeels
11-13-2009, 08:46 PM
[QUOTE=MommyInHighHeels;4429490]"Fayetteville police spokeswoman Theresa Chance said Friday that 29-year-old Mario Andrette McNeill confessed to the crime and has been charged with kidnapping."

Quoting myself to show above quotes from WRAL.

not_my_kids
11-13-2009, 08:47 PM
The MS page that's floating around has a picture of a little girl IMO, NOT Shaniya, the caption reading that she gave "Grandma" a big smile.

I really don't think that MS is her.

trigger
11-13-2009, 08:48 PM
You guys notice in the video his hair was not in dreads? In court it was. Just taken notice to little things.Also at 6:00 am on that day it was cold in the morning. I would think she was cold.Regarding her little legs.I pray she is safe.

Great catch. I think that is a big clue ella....Who does his hair? A friend, coworker, cousin?? If he had his hair done maybe the little girl did to?

kiki the parrot
11-13-2009, 08:49 PM
Chances are if McNeill was w sister BDavis, and Coe was w ADavis, they at least knew one another.

Assuming what neighbor Moore heard at 3am was blanket being tossed I still can't make any sense out of this. If it was McNeil putting blanket in trash can why would Mom lie, and say Shaniya was fine at 5:30 am, then report her missing?

Could Mom be telling the truth re 5:30 on couch, and maybe blanket was being disposed of around 3am... but Shaniya wasn't removed until the time Mom says? I guess this is maybe what someone else was getting at. That maybe abuse occurred earlier--I'm saying possibly that night--and she was taken that same am so she couldn't tell what happened.

MommyInHighHeels
11-13-2009, 08:52 PM
In the National Amber Alert issued last night, they mentioned that his mode of transportation was unknown. I hope they have since become aware of this and are thoroughly searching the vehicle for clues.

panthera
11-13-2009, 08:52 PM
He was there for one hour, reporters only privy to photos of Shaniya and accused entering hotel.

IMO police are releasing the images because they can, and because they're laying the evidence on the table to force the POS to admit where she is. As the time passes without him admitting where she is, I'm guessing they'll release more images.

The man checks into a hotel with a child only wearing a t-shirt and panties, and they don't have luggage and the cops aren't immediately called? Or at least the child isn't questioned by the receptionist? Something?

ETA: just concerned for the little girl -- maybe nothing looked out of the ordinary to the receptionist. Maybe he did just look like a dad. I just want to tell her to *run!!* when I see that surveillance tape :(
I know what you mean, and my main concern is he doesn't appear to have a change of clothes for Shaniya with him, so did he leave with her just wrapped in the blanket after an hour or what? And what was the purpose of checking in in the first place if not to bathe and change her clothes? :waitasec:

passionflower
11-13-2009, 08:54 PM
McNeill if not guilty of kidnapping should tell LE everything he knows because
HE WAS THE LAST ADULT WITH HER as we know...................
his attorney best get him talking.
If Shaniya is found deceased, he's looking at murder also.
If found may get off on delivering her to some one for mom???

thejoker101
11-13-2009, 08:55 PM
Sure PattyG:

Is the White Lady the spokeswoman for LE (? Chance?) Sure looks like her.

panthera
11-13-2009, 08:55 PM
Chances are if McNeill was w sister BDavis, and Coe was w ADavis, they at least knew one another.

Assuming what neighbor Moore heard at 3am was blanket being tossed I still can't make any sense out of this. If it was McNeil putting blanket in trash can why would Mom lie, and say Shaniya was fine at 5:30 am, then report her missing?

Could Mom be telling the truth re 5:30 on couch, and maybe blanket was being disposed of around 3am... but Shaniya wasn't removed until the time Mom says? I guess this is maybe what someone else was getting at. That maybe abuse occurred earlier--I'm saying possibly that night--and she was taken that same am so she couldn't tell what happened.

I still can't help but think the blanket found in the trash can is somehow connected to Shaniya being removed from the house that morning, and that would lead to abuse going on. However, McNeill's priors all seem to be drug related. MOO

ella971
11-13-2009, 08:56 PM
Sorry if I missed how they are so sure he left in one hour?

lonetraveler
11-13-2009, 08:57 PM

It would really be nice if LE would state that they are processing the hotel room, if he ever was in an actual room with Shaniya. If Shaniya was assaulted in the room there should be evidence. If he turned himself in, LE surely are processing his automobile. It would be nice if LE released that information.

passionflower
11-13-2009, 08:57 PM
Great catch. I think that is a big clue ella....Who does his hair? A friend, coworker, cousin?? If he had his hair done maybe the little girl did to?

It takes a couple hours to do dredlocks???

alsmom
11-13-2009, 08:58 PM
I have a ? I haven't been traveling lately so haven't checked into any motels/hotels, however, back when I did, I had to write down my license plate # and the make, model and color of my car. Do they still do that? I didn't hear any of that info for a BOLO. I'm all confused. If they saw him come in with her, did he take her out? If he didn't, where is the pic of the person who did. Uhhgg! I'm going batty here and getting increasingly anxious.

trigger
11-13-2009, 08:58 PM
Only in hotel for 1/2 hour than left..........alone? with Shaniya???
Isn't that really odd to pay that money for that time?
If someone was there, he would have not registered and paid.
Was Shaniya dirty (feces, no clothes) and just there to bathe?
If she never left hotel, where could she be there?

Is this Mario (aunt's X) father to her baby?
Was he messing around with Shaniya??

We talked about this earlier. Maybe he was visiting someone there.

PoppyH
11-13-2009, 09:00 PM
I have a ? I haven't been traveling lately so haven't checked into any motels/hotels, however, back when I did, I had to write down my license plate # and the make, model and color of my car. Do they still do that? I didn't hear any of that info for a BOLO. I'm all confused. If they saw him come in with her, did he take her out? If he didn't, where is the pic of the person who did. Uhhgg! I'm going batty here and getting increasingly anxious.

I know when we went to Myrtle Beach last month we had to.

trigger

I think you should call the tip line....

Lexiintoronto
Sorry if I missed how they are so sure he left in one hour?

(I hope that it didn't sound as if I was correcting you - I was just typing what a reporter said on NG just after he said it. He said one hour.)

not_my_kids
11-13-2009, 09:01 PM
Remember, we are seeing one set of footage...he could have taken her to the room, gone back and gotten a bag with clothes. We don't know for sure what the checkered thing or the white thing are in the pictures. Either one could be a dress or a shirt for him. Small clippers may be in his coatpocket.
There is still a possibility that this one can be the case that beats the odds.
If anyone thinks I'm arguing just to argue, I'm not. I am maintaining hope until that's impossible. I gave this child up as dead once before, I am dam well not going to do it again, unless there is proof that she's gone this time.

ella971
11-13-2009, 09:01 PM
Not sure how long it takes to do dreads? I wonder if the crime unit got into the room they checked into and did ever kind of test they could. Also how are we sure they left in one hour?

everyoneneedsavoice
11-13-2009, 09:02 PM
Is the White Lady the spokeswoman for LE (? Chance?) Sure looks like her.

I was just getting ready to post this...I believe it is her. If you look at the other video taken on that same day...she has glasses on her head and also has on a white tee shirt, like the one seen under the black jacket in the screen shots. Also, this LE lady had on what appeared to be same jacket at today's conference.

Link to second video on same day as screen shot pics shows glasses / white shirt: http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7109962

Link for today's presser showing lady in black jacket:

passionflower
11-13-2009, 09:02 PM
Something is hinky with aunt also........she lived there, MAMc is her X bf.
All those people living in her place in filth, and she KNEW they weren't allowed.
Everyone would know the minute someone hiccupped in a space that small
with wall to wall people!

ella971
11-13-2009, 09:03 PM
Sorry guys! You all are very fast. The police must have this info and they are keeping it tight.

lonetraveler
11-13-2009, 09:03 PM
McNeill if not guilty of kidnapping should tell LE everything he knows because
HE WAS THE LAST ADULT WITH HER as we know...................
his attorney best get him talking.
If Shaniya is found deceased, he's looking at murder also.
If found may get off on delivering her to some one for mom???

Is it just me or is McNeill acting as if he doesn't realize just how serious the charge of Kidnapping really is? I just can't figure out how he could possibly, maybe be willing to be charged with kidnapping and risk spending the next 25 years of his life in prison for someone else. I'm befuzzled right now on this one. I can't believe that with all those people in the house at the time that Shaniya was taken, that they know nothing about it.

jnTexas
11-13-2009, 09:04 PM
Wonder how long McNeill has been an exBF? Today? Last month? Last year? That would also be good infomation to know.

annettef49
11-13-2009, 09:06 PM
and.... if someone WAS abuseing her he wouldnt want them to find her and see possible bruises, ect.. on her. maybe? JMO

Patty G
11-13-2009, 09:07 PM
ETA: That is w/o a doubt Coe in the still frame with the baby.

Here's a shot of Coe and a shot of the man with the child.

everyoneneedsavoice
11-13-2009, 09:07 PM

Sorry...I'm confused, (nothing new) :crazy:

What video shows Mcneill without dreds? The one of him / Shaniya at hotel he has dreds ...unless I'm overlooking something??? TIA

mycroft
11-13-2009, 09:08 PM

The only possibilities I can think of are:

1- You didn't give her to anyone. You know she's dead and hope to disclose location as part of a plea.

2- You gave her to someone you care about like a family member (grandmother, etc) and you'd rather do time than get them in trouble.

3- You fear the people that you gave her to more than the cops, and you're probably going to jail for the role you did play anyway. Why turn on someone who could get to you even in prison for selling them out? Prison gang connections?

4-You're an idiot.

PoppyH
11-13-2009, 09:08 PM
Has there been an offer of any reward money as of yet??

kiki the parrot
11-13-2009, 09:09 PM
I still can't help but think the blanket found in the trash can is somehow connected to Shaniya being removed from the house that morning, and that would lead to abuse going on. However, McNeill's priors all seem to be drug related. MOO

IMO investigators have at least very good idea--from condition of home, inspection of sleeping arrangements and extent of sewer problems--of the nature of how blanket was soiled. (They likely have concluded whether it is due to an accident vs spillage or w/e.) If the blanket is tied specifically to some toileting incident of Shaniya's (vs clean-up of leakage eg) then that could have been a precipitating incident as we all theorized in the beginning... and it could have been that which prompted someone getting Shaniya out of there. If it was soiled from nothing other than mopping up of general sewage, I don't think it would have been such a central focus of the early reports--nor disposed of in the manner it was.

IMO no matter how altruistic, or greedy, the motive for simply handing off or transporting a child out of that situation, no one's gonna go to prison for 265 months for kidnapping--at the very least--if they simply dropped her off and could produce the child. IMO he better start talking... and fast.

jnTexas
11-13-2009, 09:10 PM
Well NG actually scooped us. Her staff found out McNeill was the aunt's exBF. May e they are getting better investigators.

MommyInHighHeels
11-13-2009, 09:12 PM
has there been an offer of any reward money as of yet??

$1000

kiki the parrot
11-13-2009, 09:13 PM

1- You didn't give her to anyone. You know she's dead and hope to disclose location as part of a plea.

2- You gave her to someone you care about like a family member (grandmother, etc) and you'd rather do time than get them in trouble.

3- You fear the people that you gave her to more than the cops, and you're probably going to jail for the role you did play anyway. Why turn on someone who could get to you even in prison for selling them out. Prison gang connections?

4-You're an idiot.

I guess I vote for 2... because I want her safe, can't bear the thought of #1 or #3, and don't believe #4.

not_my_kids
11-13-2009, 09:14 PM
and.... if someone WAS abuseing her he wouldnt want them to find her and see possible bruises, ect.. on her. maybe? JMO

But, wouldn't she also be terrified if that person were taking her somewhere away from her Mommy and her brother? Would she be comfortable and looking around, with her hand on his shoulder, just an hour after being taken from her home?

reeseeva
11-13-2009, 09:15 PM
It takes a couple hours to do dredlocks???

Dreadlocks are not a hairdo.......they take many months to root to look they way they do....

I think the video was hazy......

CharlestonGal
11-13-2009, 09:16 PM
All those people living in her place in filth, and she KNEW they weren't allowed.

I understood MAMc to be Antwanette's mother's sister's ex-boyfriend, not Antwanette's sister's ex-boyfriend. So not the ex-boyfriend of the sister living in the trailer. Antwanette's mother's sister's ex-boyfriend.

I think. lol

mommya
I think I heard the reporter on Nancy Grace say something like "they were only there for one hour" or " they left after one hour."

If anyone else listens later will you check that out.

That implies to me that they did leave together.

Of course the media is often inaccurate.

momtective

3- You fear the people that you gave her to more than the cops, and you're probably going to jail for the role you did play anyway. Why turn on someone who could get to you even in prison for selling them out. Prison gang connections?

4-You're an idiot.

#4 gets my vote...it's the only fact we have.

Patty G

IMO, he is still in dreads. It's very hard to see in these grainy photos, but I thought I could see a one dread away from the rest on the back of his head.

PoppyH
11-13-2009, 09:17 PM
But, wouldn't she also be terrified if that person were taking her somewhere away from her Mommy and her brother? Would she be comfortable and looking around, with her hand on his shoulder, just an hour after being taken from her home?

Im thinking she would be crying and trying to get away, she does not look distressed, but its so hard to tell in the video, whether she had been crying, to me she looks more sleepy than anything, and is that a jacket she has on?? Looks like she has something on besides her nightie

trigger
11-13-2009, 09:18 PM

What video shows Mcneill without dreds? The one of him / Shaniya at hotel he has dreds ...unless I'm overlooking something??? TIA

On the picture of him holding the child in the hotel his hair is a mess, wild. But on the video of his arrest his hair is done in dreds.

everyoneneedsavoice
11-13-2009, 09:18 PM
Hopefully this will help out with all of the questions about dreadlocks.

The dreadlocks seen in Mcneills pics are "natural dreadlocks" that is, they do not appear to have store bought hair woven into the braids. This is apparent by the "matty" look of the head / hair surrounding each braid.

Dreadlocks are not an easy process, especially natural. Even with the use of synthetic or store bought hair, it would take at least 6-8 hours, easy, to do Mcneill's hair and it would not look "worn"...and that's just to "braid / twist" the hair...that does not include the preparation it takes to get the hair ready / prepared for braiding / twisting / dreadlocking.

If you're really curious, this website will tell you more than you ever want to know. BTW, I grew up in a family of black hairstylists and I can say with 100% certainty what I stated above. Hope this helps...
http://www.howtodread.com/dreds.html

not_my_kids
11-13-2009, 09:21 PM
Well NG actually scooped us. Her staff found out McNeill was the aunt's exBF. May e they are getting better investigators.

:laugh::biglaugh: Snort. Hah!

Okay, done now.

jnTexas
11-13-2009, 09:21 PM
I don't think her actions in the video say much. She may have felt comfortable with if he promised to take her somewhere or buy her something. I'm sure if he took her to harm her he would tell her something that would make her comfortable to keep her from screaming or fighting him.

I just don't know what to think. There is no explaination to him taking and not the other two children.

ella971
11-13-2009, 09:22 PM
I'm sorry guys...I was just looking for anything that was different.In court he looked very neat and in the video his hair was not the same.

Sharedspirit
11-13-2009, 09:23 PM
Im thinking she would be crying and trying to get away, she does not look distressed, but its so hard to tell in the video, whether she had been crying, to me she looks more sleepy than anything, and is that a jacket she has on?? Looks like she has something on besides her nightie

Sleepy or drugged?

panthera
To me it sounds like a drug house. First, Shaniya's mom applied and was turned down, but her sister was accepted, then moves in all these people. They probably could've gotten the manager to repair whatever is wrong with the sewer but apparently never reported it. I can see why ~ they didn't want her or any maintenance personnel in the mobile home. I'm also basing my opinion on McNeill's past charges. MOO

trigger
I think I heard the reporter on Nancy Grace say something like "they were only there for one hour" or " they left after one hour."

On HLN...

Cops say McNeill and Shaniya were only at the hotel for one hour before leaving the location. Earlier today, November 13, 2009, at an undiscolsed location, police were able to track down McNeill. He was arrested and charged with First-Degree Kidnapping. The problem is, investigators still don’t know where the child is.

everyoneneedsavoice
11-13-2009, 09:24 PM
On the picture of him holding the child in the hotel his hair is a mess, wild. But on the video of his arrest his hair is done in dreds.

Thanks.

I think it's the quality of the video/ pic...you can see here that his hair is in dreads, especially the part of this video that shows the pic of him facing the elevator. http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7114221

lonetraveler
11-13-2009, 09:24 PM
Dreadlocks are not a hairdo.......they take many months to root to look they way they do....

I think the video was hazy......

I don't know if this term is still used, but are they referring to "corn rows" instead of Dreads, maybe. I had my hair put into "corn rows" when I lived in Jamaica. The do might be called something else now. Bo Derick made them popular in the eighties.

MomofBoys
11-13-2009, 09:25 PM
I keep thinking that maybe this was an action taken by the mom to keep custody, but could McNeill be working with dad? Maybe in exchange for money or drugs?

annettef49
KWIM
Am I making sense???

Thats exactly what I've been thinking too. I also think that MAYBE she was being abused by someone in the house n he took her out of there. He wouldnt want to tell where she is coz then IF she was abused n has bruises to show for it, he's thinking he will have to take the rap for it being he was the last one seen wth her. MAYBE? JMO

not_my_kids
To me it sounds like a drug house. First, Shaniya's mom applied and was turned down, but her sister was accepted, then moves in all these people. They probably could've gotten the manager to repair whatever is wrong with the sewer but apparently never reported it. I can see why ~ they didn't want her or any maintenance personnel in the mobile home. I'm also basing my opinion on McNeill's past charges. MOO

And it was stated on NG last night, mother was involved in a drug bust, but not at that address. That certainly helps the drug house theory.

everyoneneedsavoice
11-13-2009, 09:26 PM
I'm sorry guys...I was just looking for anything that was different.In court he looked very neat and in the video his hair was not the same.

No problem..no need to apologize...we're all doing the same thing and picking everyone and everything apart trying to find this beautiful little girl. That's what we're supposed to do! Don't feel bad!

panthera
11-13-2009, 09:26 PM

I would think the same video that captured them arriving would also show him/them leaving and it just hasn't been released to the media. It would also show if anybody else arrived while he was there. MOO

kiki the parrot
11-13-2009, 09:27 PM

You know I thought so too at first, until it was pointed out... when I went back and looked at hotel surveillance I saw it's actually not dreds and unbraided. Many people get extensions to look like dreds but some people's hair is naturally long enough to use their own and his long hair looks like his own. I believe he had help ie did not do his own hair tho as seen in court. JMO

panthera
11-13-2009, 09:29 PM
And it was stated on NG last night, mother was involved in a drug bust, but not at that address. That certainly helps the drug house theory.
Yes ~ I knew I'd forgotten something! ;) I've also seen (on tv) different shows where drug users are arrested and never have I seen a pristine house. Usually they look like a garbage dump. MOO

CharlestonGal
Some of the news stories talked about custody issues. Is there a way to find out the status of the custody battle? Is there a hearing coming up soon? Did it look like mom was about to lose custody to dad? There have been cases in the past where mothers have sent their children underground rather than expose them to dad. Some women have sat in jail for months or longer refusing to divulge the location of their children for that reason.

Not calling dad a bad guy (I have no idea of his history), but mom seems way too quiet about this whole thing. The police spokesperson also seemed to not be too concerned that something awful had happened to Shaniya. I think a family member has her.

If that is anything close to what is happening, I don't understand why Mr. McNeill would take the fall for it though. That piece just doesn't fit with that theory.

lonetraveler

I agree with you. His hair is a mess on the videos with the elevator and neat in the court video. Could be the same hairdo, just messy in one and neat in the other.

ella971
11-13-2009, 09:32 PM
I have to admit that in the last three days my own hair has been in a ponytail.When I saw how neat his hair was in court from the video I was thinking how in the world could he have done this bad thing and yet took time to look so neat.I will be washing my hair this evening!

kiki the parrot
11-13-2009, 09:33 PM
I keep thinking that maybe this was an action taken by the mom to keep custody, but could McNeill be working with dad? Maybe in exchange for money or drugs?

If he is, dad deserves an Oscar cause he sure looked tore up to me... nah, dad's in the middle of a nightmare and distraught for real IMO.

AmandaReckonwith
11-13-2009, 09:34 PM
FYI, new url for Shaniya's photo album:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Shaniya%20Davis/

lynnb
11-13-2009, 09:39 PM
Just caught up with this case and have a question for those of you who have been following it-
Has it been confirmed that the aunt actually lived there? I think I read it was the aunt's name on the lease, but is there any proof she actually lived there and didn't just get the place in her name because her sister was declined?

lonetraveler
11-13-2009, 09:39 PM
Reportedly, McNeill is an exboyfriend of the aunt. Has there been any reports of just who was staying in the mobile home at the time that Shaniya was taken by McNeill? Could he have been visiting at the time?

I'm just having a problem seeing that he just conveniently stopped by the Mh in the predawn hours right at the exact moment and I do mean exact moment that Shaniya's mother put her on the couch and snatched Shaniya and took off to a hotel 45 minutes away. And, no one in the mh saw him do it. But, the proverbial "Give me one hour before you call the cops" part seems to have been played out almost to the minute.

I'm just not buying that story.

everyoneneedsavoice
11-13-2009, 09:40 PM
ok...I foud 1 Antoinette Davis on a public data base (via subscription) in Cumberland County. Age range given in 18-25 and middle name starts with N...and is the same as Shaniya's middle name.

I believe this might be the right mom, especially because of the middle name. That's all I could find though...will keep looking.

mycroft
11-13-2009, 09:41 PM

In my experience they often have that info on a form and never bother to ask you to fill it in, even if you bring a car. For the most part, they just don't care. Even in urban areas where parking is scarce they don't pay attention. It's not worth the hassle for them to go checking license plates every day. The odds that they'd find a trespasser and could do anything about it, versus towing a guest's car by accident are not worth it. And many hotels have event space where the person is legitimately visiting the hotel, but never registered. I have been given hang tags to put on the mirror. I have been given tickets to give to the attendant to validate my parking where there would otherwise be a charge, but that's it.

They might do it at hotels that are near commuter train stops or stadiums where people go in large numbers and don't want to pay to park, but I don't think I've been asked for that information more than twice in my lifetime.

kiki the parrot
11-13-2009, 09:44 PM

Extensions. Looked again, I'm convinced now.

panthera
11-13-2009, 09:45 PM
Reportedly, McNeill is an exboyfriend of the aunt. Has there been any reports of just who was staying in the mobile home at the time that Shaniya was taken by McNeill? Could he have been visiting at the time?

I'm just having a problem seeing that he just conveniently stopped by the Mh in the predawn hours right at the exact moment and I do mean exact moment that Shaniya's mother put her on the couch and snatched Shaniya and took off to a hotel 45 minutes away. And, no one in the mh saw him do it. But, the proverbial "Give me one hour before you call the cops" part seems to have been played out almost to the minute.

I'm just not buying that story.
I couldn't agree more. There were reportedly Shaniya's mother, Shaniya's aunt (mother's sister), a boyfriend (Coe?), Shaniya, the 7 y/o boy and an infant in the house when this went down. And yes, the timing is just too coincidental. And another reason I'd like to know what phone activity went on between any of them that morning with her not calling 911 until coincidentally he's going to leave the motel about 15 minutes later. :waitasec: MOO

RJA00
11-13-2009, 09:49 PM
this case has my head spinning

my son is a early bird, i do this one or twice a week he gets up to early and i put him on the couch... while i jump in the shower or finish my shift at work, ( i work from home)

this morning i told him to go back to bed, becouse i dont to have to explain to a million people why i put u on the couch.
he looked at me i was crazy he is 5

lonetraveler
11-13-2009, 09:49 PM
I couldn't agree more. There were reportedly Shaniya's mother, Shaniya's aunt (mother's sister), a boyfriend (Coe?), Shaniya, the 7 y/o boy and an infant in the house when this went down. And yes, the timing is just too coincidental. And another reason I'd like to know what phone activity went on between any of them that morning with her not calling 911 until coincidentally he's going to leave the motel about 15 minutes later. :waitasec: MOO

Makes you wonder why the mother isn't at LE headquarters being held for questioning until she tells the truth. I hope that she is there.

mycroft
11-13-2009, 09:51 PM

I posted this question earlier and deleted it because I thought I had found the answer. The photo of him without dreads is a mug shot. He's in a tan (IIRC) jumpsuit. I assumed that either it was his old mug shot or that it was a new one.

In the photo he has short dreads, as if he had just started dreads and they had yet to grow out, or as if the long dreads that he had were cut off. Someone early in the thread posted a link to a NC website. It's in the post that asks about the charge for having tinted windows, in additional to first degree kidnapping. Enter his name when you follow the link and you will see the photo. It's an LE photo, so they have to know about it.

ETA: In the hotel video, it looks to me like he has dreads. You can't just dread long hair in a short period. If he had dreads in court, he had dreads at the hotel. And you can't un-dread your hair. It's not like cornrows.

mayelf
11-13-2009, 09:55 PM
Umm.. it sounds like he confessed the whereabouts and now they have to secretly sneak up on that area... (like he sold her) "we're hoping we will find her alive" as in she may still be in danger but we are getting her out of there.

Sorry just catching up now.. been at work all day, west coaster.

kiki the parrot
11-13-2009, 09:55 PM
Yes real dredlocks, reeseeva ;) But when I watched his court appearance again, as McNeill bends over w head down to sign, it is obvious (to me, anyway) where these artificial ones are woven in... it looks really outgrown (which extensions do w time) and I'm not even sure he necessarily had this done after motel footage.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/6415872/

MommyInHighHeels
11-13-2009, 09:58 PM
"Police haven't disclosed what McNeill is telling investigators, beyond that he admitted to kidnapping Shaniya."

panthera
11-13-2009, 09:59 PM
Makes you wonder why the mother isn't at LE headquarters being held for questioning until she tells the truth. I hope that she is there.
Well she was there for two days, but it doesn't seem she's the one who led LE to McNeill. All I've heard is her stories have been changing. I just can't believe she doesn't know what happened. MOO

not_my_kids
11-13-2009, 09:59 PM
Maybe her mother wasn't supposed to call LE as soon as she did?
She called too soon and it threw off the whole timeline.

If that were the case, it could explain why McNeill is smirking. he knows there will be no 21 year haul, he has phone records or letters or something that will get him out of the massive load of responsibility.

ETA: I'll let it stand, but in print, that looks weak even for me.

belimom
11-13-2009, 10:01 PM
... (respectfully snipped)...

We travel alot up and down the interstate b/c my family lives 600 miles away. We often drive when the kids are asleep, which means sometimes we give out and stop at hotels at odd hours - anywhere from midnight to 3 or 4 am. We often carry the kids in first and then one of us will go back and get the luggage. So if I had seen MAMc with Shaniya at the hotel, I wouldn't have thought one thing of it.

I understood MAMc to be Antwanette's mother's sister's ex-boyfriend, not Antwanette's sister's ex-boyfriend. So not the ex-boyfriend of the sister living in the trailer. Antwanette's mother's sister's ex-boyfriend.

I think. lol

Not only have we not heard from the mom, but we haven't heard from the grandmother or anyone else from the mom's side of the family. Only the dad. I'm sure they have them under surveillance or have checked them out. With all the custody issues, seems possible someone in that extended family may have her.

panthera
11-13-2009, 10:05 PM
"Police haven't disclosed what McNeill is telling investigators, beyond that he admitted to kidnapping Shaniya."

It also says Shaniya's mother has been "in and out of the Police Department helping in the investigation and remains in town". That seems to contradict what we heard last night that she was giving different versions of events. MOO

AmandaReckonwith
11-13-2009, 10:06 PM
Does anyone know...

Was Dad trying to get custody?

mayelf
11-13-2009, 10:06 PM
I can think of lots of reasons he would plead not guilty and still admit to taking her

1 - He stole her for someone else

2 - He was the middle man for some odd plot

3 - Everyone pleads not guilty

any other ideas?

Sharedspirit
11-13-2009, 10:09 PM
We travel alot up and down the interstate b/c my family lives 600 miles away. We often drive when the kids are asleep, which means sometimes we give out and stop at hotels at odd hours - anywhere from midnight to 3 or 4 am. We often carry the kids in first and then one of us will go back and get the luggage. So if I had seen MAMc with Shaniya at the hotel, I wouldn't have thought one thing of it.

Not only have we not heard from the mom, but we haven't heard from the grandmother or anyone else from the mom's side of the family. Only the dad. I'm sure they have them under surveillance or have checked them out. With all the custody issues, seems possible someone in that extended family may have her.

Are there custody issues? I went back in the posts and read all the news stories I could find. Has the father been in the picture at all before now?

My little girls are with their older sister tonight and I just called to make sure she remembered to lock the door. I think we also need a big dog.

The police are very tight lipped on this case. The optomist in me says it's because they already know what is going on and don't want to blow it by tipping someone off.

ella971
11-13-2009, 10:10 PM
I can't even believe I'm saying this but I have a feeling that LE have this. I believe they have more info and sharing any of it would hurt the case.

daisy7
11-13-2009, 10:10 PM
Does anyone have a link handy for his court appearance this afternoon? TIA!!

annettef49
11-13-2009, 10:11 PM
I can think of lots of reasons he would plead not guilty and still admit to taking her

1 - He stole her for someone else

2 - He was the middle man for some odd plot

3 - Everyone pleads not guilty

any other ideas?

Maybe the Mother told him it was ok to take her?

alsmom
11-13-2009, 10:14 PM
this case has my head spinning

my son is a early bird, i do this one or twice a week he gets up to early and i put him on the couch... while i jump in the shower or finish my shift at work, ( i work from home)

this morning i told him to go back to bed, becouse i dont to have to explain to a million people why i put u on the couch.
he looked at me i was crazy he is 5

LOL!

O/T

Last night Nancy Grace acted as though a child sleeping on the couch was horrific parenting. The kid would fall, I believe she said? haha! If one of my kids fell asleep on the couch, I grabbed a blanket and left them there. I know, I was a bad mother :banghead:

MommyInHighHeels
11-13-2009, 10:16 PM
Updated

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6411942/

"Travis Smith lives two doors down from the Davis family.

“It’s quite shocking to know that it happened so close. You’d never think something like that would happen so close to your own house,” Smith said.

Smith and fellow neighbor, George King, said they would often see Shaniya playing. They also said they frequently saw her mother with Coe.

“He seemed more upset about the girl being missing than the mother did because he kept pacing up and down the hill, looking like he was mad or whatever that the girl was gone. To find out he got arrested, it kind of threw me off the track a little bit.”"