PDA

View Full Version : NC- Amber Alert issued Shaniya Davis, 5, missing from her home 11/10/09 #4

Pages : 1 2 [3]

everyoneneedsavoice
11-13-2009, 10:16 PM
Does anyone have a link handy for his court appearance this afternoon? TIA!!

Here you go...
http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/6415872/

mayelf
11-13-2009, 10:17 PM
LOL!

O/T

Last night Nancy Grace acted as though a child sleeping on the couch was horrific parenting. The kid would fall, I believe she said? haha! If one of my kids fell asleep on the couch, I grabbed a blanket and left them there. I know, I was a bad mother :banghead:

I know.. I was like what?? my couch is a bed! (futon that is stuck down) so we just sleep out here to watch television or whatever the need be. I think it's even lower and safer then his own bed. Does this mean we aren't even supposed to leave them in their beds alone without being bad parents? Silly NG

panthera
11-13-2009, 10:19 PM
LOL!

O/T

Last night Nancy Grace acted as though a child sleeping on the couch was horrific parenting. The kid would fall, I believe she said? haha! If one of my kids fell asleep on the couch, I grabbed a blanket and left them there. I know, I was a bad mother :banghead:
When I heard her say that I had to remember her twins are much younger than Shaniya! When they're 5 y/o she won't be worrying about them falling off the couch. :)

littleangel
11-13-2009, 10:20 PM
LOL!

O/T

Last night Nancy Grace acted as though a child sleeping on the couch was horrific parenting. The kid would fall, I believe she said? haha! If one of my kids fell asleep on the couch, I grabbed a blanket and left them there. I know, I was a bad mother :banghead:ITA !!! She was all like the baby could roll off. Well she could more easily roll off a bed. Further 5 is not a baby..she acted as if she should be in a crib :waitasec:

daisy7
11-13-2009, 10:22 PM
Here you go...
http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/6415872/

Thanks so much!

:blowkiss:

revampz
11-13-2009, 10:24 PM
Hi the latest news I have read has said that shaniya was only living with her mum the past three weeks and the dad said she hadnt really been part of her life till then....but he let her go live with her as she had had a job for six months...

mcneill handed himself in to police.....also the people who saw coe drive off with a child in a car have recanted their story.....hence the charges against him dropped...

but wow she has only lived with mum for 3 weeks...what was dad thinking!!!!!

danni
11-13-2009, 10:25 PM
ITA !!! She was all like the baby could roll off. Well she could more easily roll off a bed. Further 5 is not a baby..she acted as if she should be in a crib :waitasec:

NG's kids will be sleeping in a bed with guard rails at the age of 21, I am sure they will order their first beer in a sippy cup also!

panthera
11-13-2009, 10:26 PM
Updated

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6411942/

"Travis Smith lives two doors down from the Davis family.

“It’s quite shocking to know that it happened so close. You’d never think something like that would happen so close to your own house,” Smith said.

Smith and fellow neighbor, George King, said they would often see Shaniya playing. They also said they frequently saw her mother with Coe.

“He seemed more upset about the girl being missing than the mother did because he kept pacing up and down the hill, looking like he was mad or whatever that the girl was gone. To find out he got arrested, it kind of threw me off the track a little bit.”"
(bolding mine)

Very interesting and I'm not quite sure what to make of it. :waitasec:

jnTexas
11-13-2009, 10:29 PM
Hi the latest news I have read has said that shaniya was only living with her mum the past three weeks and the dad said she hadnt really been part of her life till then....but he let her go live with her as she had had a job for six months...

mcneill handed himself in to police.....also the people who saw coe drive off with a child in a car have recanted their story.....hence the charges against him dropped...

No wonder dad was so upset. He must feel really guilty letting the mom have her.

belimom
11-13-2009, 10:31 PM
Are there custody issues? I went back in the posts and read all the news stories I could find. Has the father been in the picture at all before now?

It was mentioned here: http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6387156/
Chance said the family has a history with the Department of Social Services.
"There have been major DSS issues with this family – who has custody, switching back and forth," Chance said.
Chance said it's unknown whether the child's disappearance is related to those issues. Police said Shaniya's father flew in from out of state Tuesday afternoon and was talking to investigators.

everyoneneedsavoice
11-13-2009, 10:31 PM
I found interesting posts by a poster at IS claiming to be a friend of bio dad's (BL). I checked out some of his info, re: posting on auto forums, and his stories seem consistent. Sheds a little light and answers some of the questions we've been asking. I won't link, because I'm not sure that I can, but it is easy to find.

ella971
11-13-2009, 10:33 PM
Lets all pray this is a matter of her hiding her daughter from the Father.

Tom'sGirl
11-13-2009, 10:33 PM
Does anyone know...

Was Dad trying to get custody?
From what I've read elsewhere by a male friend of the father, YES he is.

Take this info. for what it is, just a post by someone who supposedly is a friend.

Fairy1
11-13-2009, 10:35 PM
Where is this beautiful little baby???

panthera
11-13-2009, 10:37 PM
From what I've read elsewhere by a male friend of the father, YES he is.
And again, imo, I pray when she's found he gets it. This house doesn't seem any place for this beautiful sweet child to live. MOO

thejoker101
11-13-2009, 10:39 PM
I am trying to figure out why Shaniya's blanket was thrown in the neighbor's trash bin, if there wasn't anything sinister going on, then why didn't they just throw it in their own bin.

Also, I thought Marlania (sp?) Shavio on NG said they confirmed with Coe that he stayed @ his stepmother's house, and that McNeil was @ the home with the Mom, Sister, and the kids.

This case is driving me crazy! WHERE'S SHANIYA?

Salem
I found interesting posts by a poster at IS claiming to be a friend of bio dad's (BL). I checked out some of his info, re: posting on auto forums, and his stories seem consistent. Sheds a little light and answers some of the questions we've been asking. I won't link, because I'm not sure that I can, but it is easy to find.

You may link to InSession. If a link is not allowed, it will come up as **** and then you know you need to delete it.

Hope that helps,

Salem

Sharedspirit

I haven't allowed my ex to see my children for 5 years. I don't care how sober and off drugs he is. I'd go to jail before I'd let him near them. I'd pay someone to hide my children from him if I thought he'd come near them.

My children still cry for their "daddy" at least once a week. They don't know what I know. I just tell them that daddy is sick and he can't take care of them and that he still loves them. But I will NEVER let him get near them again.

If she was crying because she wanted her mother, I can understand how he would let her go if he thought it was safe. It's heartbreaking to see a child cry for a parent who isn't there. Every child wants a mother and a father.

panthera
11-13-2009, 10:43 PM

Do you remember where you read that? I've been trying to catch up with the different articles but missed that. And no wonder the neighbor, Ms. Moore, hadn't seen her before if she'd only been there for 3 weeks. Poor little Shaniya, to have to adjust to living there in that "mess". :(

Tom'sGirl
11-13-2009, 10:44 PM
Her father, Bradley Lockhart, was anxious Friday night to hear any news about his missing daughter as he waited in his Fayetteville home with friends and family members. He said his daughter had lived with him for the past three or four years. He let her live with her mother, Antoinette Davis, about three weeks ago because she had found a place to live and had held a job for six months, he said.

"I just wanted her to be a mother," he said. "She was never part of her life."

The girl's parents had never married.

Theresa Chance, a Fayetteville police spokeswoman, said Lockhart has been questioned and ruled out as a suspect.
http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/13/951920

kiki the parrot
11-13-2009, 10:44 PM
It also says Shaniya's mother has been "in and out of the Police Department helping in the investigation and remains in town". That seems to contradict what we heard last night that she was giving different versions of events. MOO

Yes, alternately described as inconsistent, and "cooperative." :confused:

:parrot:

Melanie
11-13-2009, 10:46 PM
Sorry, but when I see a grown man carrying a little girl into a hotel, it is obvious he is a pedophile to me.

She's 5 years old, she can walk
The way she was being held was quite ackward
--- legs tight together
--- ankles crossed
--- arms crossed/close to chest

The body language alone would be of great concern to me had I happened upon these two.

My apologies for not reading the entire thread, but has LE done a complete rundown of the room rented at the hotel?

All the best, for everyone here, and Shaniya Davis.

Mel

Lexiintoronto
11-13-2009, 10:47 PM
I can think of lots of reasons he would plead not guilty and still admit to taking her

1 - He stole her for someone else

2 - He was the middle man for some odd plot

3 - Everyone pleads not guilty

any other ideas?

4- not guilty says that he's willing to take the charges through the process, possibly with an excuse for his actions (eg: I was on drugs/dropped her off alive somewhere)

5-pleading not guilty for some just puts them in a 'good' holding position while they await the best plea deal from the prosecution

paris_paris
11-13-2009, 10:47 PM
Her father, Bradley Lockhart, was anxious Friday night to hear any news about his missing daughter as he waited in his Fayetteville home with friends and family members. He said his daughter had lived with him for the past three or four years. He let her live with her mother, Antoinette Davis, about three weeks ago because she had found a place to live and had held a job for six months, he said.

In his Fayetteville home? Dad lives in Fayetteville? Was he on vacation and had to fly back when Shaniya went missing?

Fairy1
11-13-2009, 10:50 PM
--- legs tight together
--- ankles crossed

The body language alone would be of great concern to me had I happened upon these two.

My apologies for not reading the entire thread, but has LE done a complete rundown of the room rented at the hotel?

Mel

I'm sorry Mel - I have to disagree. I think she looked very relaxed and trusting of the man who was holding her. Maybe that's just me being optimistic that she is safe, somewhere.

kiki the parrot
11-13-2009, 10:51 PM
I would be seeking custody too if I were him, who wouldn't! The fay observer article re recently turning over Shaniya to her mother surprises me as it isn't the impression I'd gotten from reports by SH Mgr Davenport... for some reason it sounded like it was a while back she'd realized Shaniya was staying there. Guess she just meant Antoinette and other child.

panthera
11-13-2009, 10:52 PM

Theresa Chance, a Fayetteville police spokeswoman, said Lockhart has been questioned and ruled out as a suspect.
Thanks so much for posting the article and link! It certainly clarifies a lot of questions ~ especially why the mother hasn't pleaded for Shaniya's return. At the same time though, why is the boyfriend so "upset" Shaniya was missing? This would also seem to take the "custody issue" out of the equation if dad had voluntarily let Shaniya live there. Just seeing the filth she was in he could at any time rescinded the deal. MOO :waitasec:

Tom'sGirl
11-13-2009, 10:53 PM

In his Fayetteville home? Dad lives in Fayetteville? Was he on vacation and had to fly back when Shaniya went missing?
I read elsewhere that he works out of State, don't know if it's fact but this was stated prior to the article coming out.

ella971
11-13-2009, 10:53 PM
I agree. She looked alright. Her hand on his shoulder.I'm positive she was chilly.It was cold that morning. I'm praying she is safe.

mommya
11-13-2009, 10:55 PM
Only 3 weeks with mom?

Poor baby. She looks so beautiful in her photos. They must have been taken while she was with dad.

Now her hair is a mess (no biggie in and of itself), she's living in a crowded trailer with sewage trouble - seems bad.

I wonder if perp told her she was going back to dad?

Now that I know this bit about only living with mom for 3 weeks - it seems less likely to me that she was sold by mom - or traded or anything. If mom did not want her she could have just sent her back to dad.

I think O'Neill did take her for his own twisted reason - whatever that may be.

Tom'sGirl
11-13-2009, 10:55 PM
Thanks so much for posting the article and link! It certainly clarifies a lot of questions ~ especially why the mother hasn't pleaded for Shaniya's return. At the same time though, why is the boyfriend so "upset" Shaniya was missing? This would also seem to take the "custody issue" out of the equation if dad had voluntarily let Shaniya live there. Just seeing the filth she was in he could at any time rescinded the deal. MOO :waitasec:
Many things are confusing and don't jive, guess we will find out eventually??

Money Girl
11-13-2009, 10:57 PM
--- legs tight together
--- ankles crossed

Mel

I'm hoping the hotel room has been processed. So far, I don't have a lot of confidence in that LE group.

mycroft
11-13-2009, 10:59 PM

By "latest news" do you mean that this if from a news source? Or is it from an online forum, blog comments, local rumor?

kiki the parrot
11-13-2009, 10:59 PM
The dad must be HORRIFIED that he ever let Shaniya leave their home (in Tx or w/e). No wonder he's beside himself with grief and anguish over that decision. I feel terrible for this father... what a nightmare just knowing what he does about what she faced when she got there, much less wondering what's become of his little girl now. I know w hindsight he wishes he regrets not checking into this a little more...

kiki the parrot
11-13-2009, 11:02 PM
Only 3 weeks with mom?

Poor baby. She looks so beautiful in her photos. They must have been taken while she was with dad.

Now her hair is a mess (no biggie in and of itself), she's living in a crowded trailer with sewage trouble - seems bad.

I wonder if perp told her she was going back to dad?

Now that I know this bit about only living with mom for 3 weeks - it seems less likely to me that she was sold by mom - or traded or anything. If mom did not want her she could have just sent her back to dad.

I think O'Neill did take her for his own twisted reason - whatever that may be.

Yes I think this explains or accounts for the odd disparity between the photos, in which she seemingly was so well cared for.... and the description of her recent living conditions :( Dad is beating himself up for sure.

panthera
11-13-2009, 11:03 PM
Many things are confusing and don't jive, guess we will find out eventually??
I am so totally confused now. I had thought Shaniya had been with her mother all this time. Now, as much as I feel the pain the dad must be going through right now, if he lives in Fayetteville how is it he didn't see that detestable place where Shaniya was going to live with her mother? Why would he allow her to go over there? I can understand what he said about wanting Shaniya to get to know her mother, but not all biological mothers are real mothers. MOO

CharlestonGal
11-13-2009, 11:03 PM
What is he trying to say here?

"I've been asked that by 13 detectives and everybody, I don't know and I tell you like I told the detectives, I don't think the mother had anything to do with it," he said. "Do I feel there might have been some negligence somewhere, yes I do."

Coe says Antionette Davis, the child's mother, was his girlfriend and he says he wasn't at the mobile home when the child disappeared.

"Every day I was there the little girl was never in the living room," Coe said. "Every night when I slept there the little girl was never in the living room, so all I can say is educated people figure it out."

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7116354

panthera
11-13-2009, 11:04 PM
The dad must be HORRIFIED that he ever let Shaniya leave their home (in Tx or w/e). No wonder he's beside himself with grief and anguish over his decision. I feel terrible for this father... what a nightmare just knowing what he does about what she faced when she got there, much less wondering what's become of his little girl now. I know w hindsight he wishes he regrets not checking into this a little more...

Exactly! Horrified and :banghead::banghead: at the same time. MOO

Tainted Angel
11-13-2009, 11:04 PM

That's a scary piece of information there. If the mother has never been a part of Shaniya's life then that tells me that this mother probably doesn't have a very strong bond with her. IMO might make it easy to make stupid decisions regarding Shaniya's care?

I know (as most moms on here) that I would be tearing up the countryside and any person who got in my way for that matter looking for my child and already have plans in place for exacting "punishment" for those responsible for taking them away from me. I haven't seen too much from this mom...on second thought we have seen nothing from her. And coupled with the statement about her not being in Shaniya's life is disturbing to me.

Who knows what has gone on in the life of this little girl, especially the past three weeks. This also makes me think that possibly more people on the mother's side of the family are involved in this. Whether the mom wants that child or not, maybe other people in her family do or feel that they have been denied Shaniya's presence in the past. Now that the mom had her, they figured it would be a good time to take her away. I get the feeling now that this is a custody battle and we've probably not seen the last of all of the strange twists in this story.

Just find this little one and bring her back to whomever will give her a clean, safe and loving home.

lonetraveler
11-13-2009, 11:05 PM
I'm sorry Mel - I have to disagree. I think she looked very relaxed and trusting of the man who was holding her. Maybe that's just me being optimistic that she is safe, somewhere.

To me it looks as if Shaniya has just woke from a deep sleep and is still not fully awake. He could have just scooped her up from the car seat and she awoke as they approached the elevator. I'm thinking that he did not register, he just came in and went straight to the room, a room that had been checked into prior to Shaniya being taken.

mayelf
11-13-2009, 11:07 PM
When I watched the dad I just could see a broken man. Poor guy. His lady friend (wife gf whatever she is) basically had to lead him off like he was in a daze.

I also thought when I saw the picture of Shaniya with Mcneill that she was okay, maybe a little confused. It could be misleading because he could have told her anything that was comforting. Apparently from NG he was the sister's boyfriend or ex, so she probably did know him. From my experience kids can be very trusting and easily mislead.

kiki the parrot
11-13-2009, 11:08 PM

"I've been asked that by 13 detectives and everybody, I don't know and I tell you like I told the detectives, I don't think the mother had anything to do with it," he said. "Do I feel there might have been some negligence somewhere, yes I do."

Coe says Antionette Davis, the child's mother, was his girlfriend and he says he wasn't at the mobile home when the child disappeared.

"Every day I was there the little girl was never in the living room," Coe said. "Every night when I slept there the little girl was never in the living room, so all I can say is educated people figure it out."

Wow that is a strange comment... geez I guess I'm not all that educated afterall... almost afraid to ask :confused:

panthera
11-13-2009, 11:09 PM

OK, so where was Coe sleeping ~ in the bedroom with Shaniya and her mother? I sure don't believe as mom's boyfriend he was in the living room. Is this negligence he's referring to more commonly called child abuse or sexual abuse? Or was Shaniya in with her aunt and that boyfriend, McNeill? MOO

tfrohning
11-13-2009, 11:09 PM
I don't understand about the father letting her mother have her when she not been
involved with her in a couple years. He could not know what kind lifestyle the mother was living....he not even in the same state.
They got to be more to this.....the stories are so confusing.
I hope she found real soon.......like right now.

jnTexas
11-13-2009, 11:11 PM
The fact that the article stated the father has been ruled out as a suspect, and the same has not been said about the mom. SPEAKS volumes to me.

CharlestonGal
11-13-2009, 11:13 PM
OK, so where was Coe sleeping ~ in the bedroom with Shaniya and her mother? I sure don't believe as mom's boyfriend he was in the living room. Is this negligence he's referring to more commonly called child abuse or sexual abuse? Or was Shaniya in with her aunt and that boyfriend, McNeill? MOO

Might he be calling the mother out as a liar? Mom says she put Shaniya on the couch at 5:30 a.m., but Coe says Shaniya was never in the livingroom in all the time he spent there. I don't know. Strange thing to say.

lonetraveler
11-13-2009, 11:13 PM

I'm educated but Coe's comment has me scratching my head. Maybe I'm trying to read too much into the words itself. "....never in the livingroom'? does that mean, never, ever in the livingroom? or never left in the livingroom to sleep? or what? So, the little girl was never in the livingroom in the daytime and never in the livingroom at night? What?:waitasec: I guess I'm not educated enough to figure this out. So, I'm thinking that he is saying that the little girl was not taken from the couch. IMO, not taken at all but given.

Money Girl
11-13-2009, 11:14 PM
Noticed in the latest Fayetteville Observer article that McNeil's girlfriend was at the hearing.

His lawyer also states McNeil had no previous history with the girl's family members or Coe.

jnTexas
11-13-2009, 11:17 PM
I remember reading that there would be a LE update @ 11:30. Wonder if it will happen...

paris_paris
I think Coe was saying she never slept in the livingroom.

I do wonder if he's saying the aunt put her on the couch. Easy access for the aunt's b/f to take her.

I dunno.

lonetraveler

I thought that Shaniya's mother's mother's sister's exboyfriend is McNeill.

mommya
11-13-2009, 11:18 PM

Very strange - I'll take a stab at deciphering it...

Is he saying that mom never put the girl in the living room - so maybe someone else did?

or

The little girl was probably not in the living room at all?

I wonder where she normally slept? She must have had a room - as opposed to sleeping with mom - cuz Coe doesn't make it sound like they were all in the same bed when he slept over.

kiki the parrot
Might he be calling the mother out as a liar? Mom says she put Shaniya on the couch at 5:30 a.m., but Coe says Shaniya was never in the livingroom in all the time he spent there. I don't know. Strange thing to say.

Ok... no really, I think you might be educated lol :crazy: That sounds like a reasonable interpretation of what he's trying to say w/out coming out and saying it.

Tom'sGirl
The fact that the article stated the father has been ruled out as a suspect, and the same has not been said about the mom. SPEAKS volumes to me.
I think the reason the father is not a POI is due to him being out of town at the time Shaniya disappeared.

CharlestonGal
Noticed in the latest Fayetteville Observer article that McNeil's girlfriend was at the hearing.

His lawyer also states McNeil had no previous history with the girl's family members or Coe.

So according to McNeill's lawyer, McNeill is a complete stranger to Shaniya's family? This gets stranger and stranger.

panthera
11-13-2009, 11:19 PM
I agree. I don't think the father is guilty of anything except poor judgment in allowing Shaniya to go live with her mother. And I'm sure right now he's grief stricken and blaming himself. MOO

kiki the parrot
11-13-2009, 11:21 PM

Coe is mom's bf, McNeil is aunt's EX bf. Hope you're feeling better friend...

panthera
11-13-2009, 11:21 PM
I thought he was supposed to be the ex-boyfriend of Shaniya's mother's sister who rented the mobile home?

winterrose
11-13-2009, 11:22 PM
The Dad just decided to take the life that she had lived for three to four years and just hand her over to her mother she's never lived with till three weeks ago?How about the family,the home,the school and friends she's known for most of her life?It doesn't make sense that he wouldn't check out who the mother was with,what the home looked like and the friends,what was the lifestyle of the mother now?I can't imagine handing my child over to someone that I love and loves and needs me and our family.This makes no sense,something is off here.

Money Girl
11-13-2009, 11:23 PM
I thought he was supposed to be the ex-boyfriend of Shaniya's mother's sister who rented the mobile home?

Not according to his lawyer.

kiki the parrot
11-13-2009, 11:23 PM
I agree. I don't think the father is guilty of anything except poor judgment in allowing Shaniya to go live with her mother. And I'm sure right now he's grief stricken and blaming himself. MOO

TOTAL NIGHTMARE OMG... dad's just wishing he could wake up and it would all go away... :( keep dad in prayers tonight as well as Shaniya! :prayer:

nnglas
11-13-2009, 11:24 PM
Very strange - I'll take a stab at deciphering it...

Is he saying that mom never put the girl in the living room - so maybe someone else did?

or

The little girl was probably not in the living room at all?

I wonder where she normally slept? She must have had a room - as opposed to sleeping with mom - cuz Coe doesn't make it sound like they were all in the same bed when he slept over.

It doesn't sound like she was there at all. Didn't the landlady say she didn't know the girl? Or am I getting that wrong? The dogs didn't pick up her scent outside which is really strange. I don't know. This whole case is weird and making my head hurt.

panthera
It might be as simple as that. Maybe I was reading too much into his statement. He also says though that he wasn't at the mobile home when Shaniya disappeared, yet the two neighbors place him there shortly afterward ~ so when did he arrive? MOO

mydailyopinions
I'm educated but Coe's comment has me scratching my head. Maybe I'm trying to read too much into the words itself. "....never in the livingroom'? does that mean, never, ever in the livingroom? or never left in the livingroom to sleep? or what? So, the little girl was never in the livingroom in the daytime and never in the livingroom at night? What?:waitasec: I guess I'm not educated enough to figure this out. So, I'm thinking that he is saying that the little girl was not taken from the couch. IMO, not taken at all but given.

Makes me wonder when the last time anyone other than the mother seen this child. I can't help but think that possibly she has been gone for a while, way before she was reported missing..
Maybe it was coming up on dad's weekend to come see her and mom had to come up with something quick??????
Just thinking outloud here....:waitasec:

CharlestonGal
The Dad just decided to take the life that she had lived for three to four years and just hand her over to her mother she's never lived with till three weeks ago?How about the family,the home,the school and friends she's known for most of her life?It doesn't make sense that he wouldn't check out who the mother was with,what the home looked like and the friends,what was the lifestyle of the mother now?I can't imagine handing my child over to someone that I love and loves and needs me and our family.This makes no sense,something is off here.

Maybe he wanted some couple time with his fiancee? I know that sounds bad, but he may have thought sending Shaniya to her mother for a while would be good for the mother/daughter and also good for him/fiancee.

winterrose
11-13-2009, 11:25 PM
I'm sorry,this has disturbed me so bad.I couldn't sleep last night since I saw this man take that child into that hotel room,couldn't get that imagine out of my mind.I was so hoping to wake up and hear he was in custody and the child was safe.

butterfly1978
11-13-2009, 11:26 PM
I think what Coe MIGHT have been saying is that He can see neglect playing a role in this because she was never in the living room, meaning that she was somewhere else which probably means with someone else, and considering the fact that the dogs never picked up a scent at the trailor, maybe she was never there.

Sounds far fetched however, maybe the mom, gave shanya to Mcneil for drugs before Tuesday and people started asking questions so she came up with this story, and now Mcniel is like wait I didn't kidnap her, she was given to me

nnglas
11-13-2009, 11:26 PM
I think the reason the father is not a POI is due to him being out of town at the time Shaniya disappeared.

That's probably true, but.....when did she disappear? No scent outside the trailer, her being seen at the hotel before she was supposedly missing. I don't know you guys. I'm starting think that something really strange is going on here.

panthera
11-13-2009, 11:27 PM
I wouldn't allow one of my pets to go live with someone else without first checking everything out! New house, new surroundings, new people ~ it's traumatic especially if there's a big difference between where you've been and where you're going. MOO

CharlestonGal
It might be as simple as that. Maybe I was reading too much into his statement. He also says though that he wasn't at the mobile home when Shaniya disappeared, yet the two neighbors place him there shortly afterward ~ so when did he arrive? MOO

I hope one of the news networks offers Coe many thousands of dollars for an interview. I think he might have some pretty illuminating things to say.

lonetraveler

MOO, but I would say that Coe was upset for two reasons. 1. Shaniya was missing and 2. It was McNeill at the home with the mother, sister, baby and brother and Shaniya and not Coe. He was at his stepmothers.

panthera
11-13-2009, 11:29 PM
I think what Coe MIGHT have been saying is that He can see neglect playing a role in this because she was never in the living room, meaning that she was somewhere else which probably means with someone else, and considering the fact that the dogs never picked up a scent at the trailor, maybe she was never there.

Sounds far fetched however, maybe the mom, gave shanya to Mcneil for drugs before Tuesday and people started asking questions so she came up with this story, and now Mcniel is like wait I didn't kidnap her, she was given to me
:clap: :clap: :clap:
(we're on the same page)

kiki the parrot
11-13-2009, 11:29 PM

I agree, it is hard to imagine any circumstances that could have allowed him to justify this in his own mind. The reason we heard mentioned is that Mom 'finally had a job and somewhere to live.' Maybe he'd always told Shaniya she couldn't live w her mom for that reason, then when she finally did get work and told him she had a place for Shaniya to stay he took the Mom's word for it and tried to give them some time together. Surely he realizes the shortsightedness and the recklessness of this now!

mayelf
11-13-2009, 11:30 PM
I could see a possible scenario that the living room was a place of enjoyment. IE drugs.

So Shaniya spends her time in the bedroom playing? Shaniya and the BM issue kind of comes up here I think. He says the mother was negligent. It is possible shel left out the back door near the bedrooms (assuming it is like most trailers) and went to throw away her blanket. Did the dogs search both entrances to the home? Did they check windows?

panthera
11-13-2009, 11:31 PM
I hope one of the news networks offers Coe many thousands of dollars for an interview. I think he might have some pretty illuminating things to say.
Honestly I wish he would be given a forum to enlighten us because right now I'm trying to make some sense of all this and figure out where Shaniya might be right now. :(

winterrose
11-13-2009, 11:31 PM
Maybe he wanted some couple time with his fiancee? I know that sounds bad, but he may have thought sending Shaniya to her mother for a while would be good for the mother/daughter and also good for him/fiancee.

Yep,it does sound bad.You get a babysitter,you don't take the child's whole life away and everything they know.If that's the reason,hopefully social services can step in and find a suitable relative for her,if she's found.

kiki the parrot
11-13-2009, 11:32 PM
I wouldn't allow one of my pets to go live with someone else without first checking everything out! New house, new surroundings, new people ~ it's traumatic especially if there's a big difference between where you've been and where you're going. MOO

AGREE!!!! (I was trying to get inside dad's head there for a minute but this is the bottom line!!!)

nnglas
11-13-2009, 11:32 PM
I agree, it is hard to imagine any circumstances that could have allowed him to justify this in his own mind. The reason we heard mentioned is that Mom 'finally had a job and somewhere to live.' Maybe he'd always told Shaniya she couldn't live w her mom for that reason, then when she finally did get work and told him she had a place for Shaniya to stay he took the Mom's word for it and tried to give them some time together. Surely he realizes the shortsightedness and the recklessness of this now!

Wasn't this woman involved in a drug raid not too long ago?

mycroft
11-13-2009, 11:35 PM

This sheds a lot of light on things. I knew that there were custody issues, but I didn't know that it was on this scale. She didn't last three weeks.

Given this information, and the difference we perceive in the lifestyle depicted in the photos of Shaniya versus life in that trailer, I think this makes it quite likely that this was about Dad.

I wonder whether Shaniya was complaining about the conditions, particularly the crowding and the sewage situation. Kids that age can be very blunt in their observations and complaints. Did she say something to Dad over the phone that made them think that he was going to take her away?

The information someone posted about the neighbor seeing Coe visibly upset when she disappeared fits my earlier theory that Mom and Mario (and probably Aunt) never intended for LE to become involved, but that Coe's reaction to the disappearance may have forced Mom's hand into making the 911 call. Then Mario got word of it and fled the hotel.

Maybe mom hoped that Coe would think that the Bio Dad had taken Shaniya, and as an ex-con, would not seek out any involvement with LE.

Money Girl
11-13-2009, 11:35 PM
McNeil's girlfriend's name is April Autry

trigger
11-13-2009, 11:37 PM
It doesn't sound like she was there at all. Didn't the landlady say she didn't know the girl? Or am I getting that wrong? The dogs didn't pick up her scent outside which is really strange. I don't know. This whole case is weird and making my head hurt.

They moved in August. See article from HLN, from reporter Michelle Sigona:

Barbara says Antoinette Davis, Shaniya’s mother, applied to live in the mobile home park, but Barbara says her application was denied. Only Antoinette and a 5-year-old boy were listed on the initial application. Barbara says Brenda Davis, Antoinette’s sister, also put in an application at the same time application was accepted. That application only listed Brenda Davis and her son as potential renters. It was quite a surprise for Barbara to later learn that in addition to Brenda Davis and her son, Antoinette, her boyfriend, Antoinette’s 5-year-old son, Shaniya, and an infant were also living in the home. Barbara says she doesn’t know who the infant belongs to because at the time the women turned in their applications, neither one appeared to be pregnant. Barbara also says that mobile home was not raided in July 2009, because it was vacant at the time (There are reports that claim the property was raided in July 2009, I have calls into police to verify what property was raided over the summer).

kiki the parrot
11-13-2009, 11:38 PM

Yes, despite not being at the mh at the time I think Coe is saying that he found the mother's story--that she "put Shaniya out on the couch in the living room"--not credible to him. That he'd never known her to put Shaniya out in the living room.

kiki the parrot
11-13-2009, 11:41 PM
They moved in August. See article from HLN, from reporter Michelle Sigona:

Barbara says Antoinette Davis, Shaniya’s mother, applied to live in the mobile home park, but Barbara says her application was denied. Only Antoinette and a 5-year-old boy were listed on the initial application. Barbara says Brenda Davis, Antoinette’s sister, also put in an application at the same time application was accepted. That application only listed Brenda Davis and her son as potential renters. It was quite a surprise for Barbara to later learn that in addition to Brenda Davis and her son, Antoinette, her boyfriend, Antoinette’s 5-year-old son, Shaniya, and an infant were also living in the home. Barbara says she doesn’t know who the infant belongs to because at the time the women turned in their applications, neither one appeared to be pregnant. Barbara also says that mobile home was not raided in July 2009, because it was vacant at the time (There are reports that claim the property was raided in July 2009, I have calls into police to verify what property was raided over the summer).

Yes it doesn't say when Davenport figured out that Shaniya (her mother, et al) was staying there. But evidently it must have been recently, w/in last 3 weeks.

nurselady
11-13-2009, 11:44 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:
(we're on the same page)
I agree,i remember reading the boyfriend was pacing and appeared more upset than the mother.

tfrohning
11-13-2009, 11:44 PM

ok that what his lawyer said.....LE didn't say that.

if that true where did he see Shaniya...who is he connect to in the park:banghead:

Coe did not mention anything about McNeil...I guessing that the reporter didn't ask if he knew McNeil??

We might hear more from Coe....pretty sure a network wants his story.
I bet his phone is ringing off the hook.

not_my_kids
11-13-2009, 11:45 PM
I can't tell you what Coe meant, but I can tell you that if he is part of this, I would believe that Shaniya may be dead. He has no connection to her. Zip. He could be talking about a tee shirt he misplaced.

I hope and pray that there is family somewhere on the mother's side that is more attached. I doubt it more all the time though. The info that she had only been with her mother a few weeks, the lack of emotion from everyone on the mother's side, it speaks volumes.

I am glad to see them humanizing the father, that is what they needed to do a few days ago, IMO. Now they need to really lay it on the good qualities of her father, there is a chance that someone still has her and is listening.
I bet there are a lot of authorities in Fayetteville wishing they had a time machine right about now. I sure would be if I were in their shoes.

BeanE
11-13-2009, 11:45 PM
I'm gonna take a stab at being an educated person.

1 - Coe says Mom had nothing to do with the kidnapping.

2 - Coe said there was some negligence on Mom's part.

3 - Coe said in the whole time he was there (3 weeks Shaniya was there) that Shaniya was *never* sleeping on the couch. Something happened - something big and unusual - that Mom put her on the couch that morning.

4 - The neighbor said Coe was walking around and seemed angry.

5 - Coe is saying figure it out. He's saying we *can* figure it out. He just doesn't want to say. It's nasty.

So what scenario fits all these factors?

My guess:

Mom's negligence was not watching Shaniya closely enough with McNeil. In the middle of the night, Mom caught McNeil molesting Shaniya. She put Shaniya on the couch. A fight ensued. McNeil took Shaniya.

Fits all factors.

My guess/MOO.

panthera
11-13-2009, 11:46 PM
That thought crossed my mind also. :(

kiki the parrot
11-13-2009, 11:46 PM
Wasn't this woman involved in a drug raid not too long ago?

SHollow MH Mgr Davenport denies there was ever a raid there as that mh wasn't even occupied in July--BDavis didn't move in there until August.

not_my_kids
11-13-2009, 11:50 PM
There is a person with the AA name that has a myspace, from NC. There is nothing to it, no pictures or anything. It is private, and it was last logged into the day before Shaniya went missing. Like maybe it was needed for communication purposes and then abandoned when it was not needed anymore.

Just one more thing I need to chew over. I am sure LE has this and has checked the messages section. Or should it be called in, just in case? I'm sure they thought of this, but...

panthera
11-13-2009, 11:50 PM
So if he's no longer in a relationship with Shaniya's aunt, or according to his lawyer's report, doesn't even have a connection with Shaniya's family, why was he in the motel with Shaniya at 6:11am? He's got to be connected to them somehow. And if he is an ex-boyfriend, why would he be taking Shaniya? (Back to my drugs and money theory ~ MOO).

Money Girl
11-13-2009, 11:51 PM
SHollow MH Mgr Davenport denies there was ever a raid there as that mh wasn't even occupied in July--BDavis didn't move in there until August.

I think this MH Manager is also the one who said she saw Coe drive off with the girl when Coe was no where around.
Bet she gets sued.

mycroft
11-13-2009, 11:52 PM

AKAIK, it's only a two bedroom trailer. Therefore, I interpret this to mean that Shaniya usually slept in the room with her Aunt when he was at the home. That makes sense because, even if she usually slept with her mother, it would be inappropriate to have a young girl in the bedroom while her mother was having a man over in the same bedroom. He's pointing the finger directly at the Aunt IMO.

ETA: I note he refers to day as well. I think perhaps he's suggesting that the aunt was keeping the girl confined in her bedroom. Wow.

Money Girl
11-13-2009, 11:52 PM
So if he's no longer in a relationship with Shaniya's aunt, or according to his lawyer's report, doesn't even have a connection with Shaniya's family, why was he in the motel with Shaniya at 6:11am? He's got to be connected to them somehow. And if he is an ex-boyfriend, why would he be taking Shaniya? (Back to my drugs and money theory ~ MOO).

IMO, it's a stranger abduction.

mysticrose
11-13-2009, 11:53 PM
I have to say the fact that this little girl had only been with this mother for 3-4 weeks and now is gone is disturbing.

Shaniya with mom only the past 3-4 weeks

BF Coe is saying this little girl was never in the living room to sleep in all the time he had been over visiting or spending the night.

He says that Shaniya's mother he feels has nothing to do with what has happened, but mom says Shaniya was on the couch was out of the norm according to Coe so Mom is lying.

Shaynia's aunt's ex-boyfriend is the one who took the little girl and has admitted to it but not kiddnapping .

Looking at the pictures of Shanyia it would look to me that maybe dad is fairly well off, or at least making ends meet and perhaps a little money left over to put away or spend on Shaniya.

3-4 weeks ?

In My opinion I think Mom and Sis are in on this with McNeill, not quite sure of the motive here.

Are they trying or were trying to somehow get money out of dad ? (no I don't think that one works)
Are they working on the assumption they could plan this out start getting media coverage, perhaps some money to roll in for the missing child ?

I think that blanket was put in that trashcan on purpose to throw LE off in believing something worse had happened.

I think mom screwed up on when to call the police, something happened to change the time for the call. Did the 7 year old wake up sooner then expected and start asking where Shaniya was ? Or perhaps the Aunts BF ?

Of course Moo....

panthera
11-13-2009, 11:54 PM
AGREE!!!! (I was trying to get inside dad's head there for a minute but this is the bottom line!!!)

Thanks, kiki ~ I'm really struggling with being tactful tonight!

Busylady
11-13-2009, 11:57 PM
They are hitting all the threads and posting that pic for some reason. I wouldn't quote it will give the mods less to clean up.

mommya
11-13-2009, 11:57 PM
What the hell is that?

mayelf
11-13-2009, 11:58 PM
Did they release what hotel it is or the address for it?

SuziQ
Coe is saying the couch story is bs and that mom gave the baby away. Btw, I'm not too happy with dad right now. The entire story of him wanting baby mama to be a mama is bs. More like he wanted a break or stepmom or stepgf did. He's crying now? He should be. There is now way he could have seen moms situation and not seen train wreck!

BeanE
Jesus God we need a mod in here

panthera
11-13-2009, 11:59 PM
What the hell is that?
Hopefully it will be gone soon. ;)

kiki the parrot
I'm gonna take a stab at being an educated person.

1 - Coe says Mom had nothing to do with the kidnapping.

2 - Coe said there was some negligence on Mom's part.

3 - Coe said in the whole time he was there (3 weeks Shaniya was there) that Shaniya was *never* sleeping on the couch. Something happened - something big and unusual - that Mom put her on the couch that morning.

4 - The neighbor said Coe was walking around and seemed angry.

5 - Coe is saying figure it out. He's saying we *can* figure it out. He just doesn't want to say. It's nasty.

So what scenario fits all these factors?

My guess:

Mom's negligence was not watching Shaniya closely enough with McNeil. In the middle of the night, Mom caught McNeil molesting Shaniya. She put Shaniya on the couch. A fight ensued. McNeil took Shaniya.

Fits all factors.

My guess/MOO.

Much of this fits, sadly, but some things don't. For instance, McNeill is aunt's EX bf thus presumably not still going to see BDavis and afaik we've been given no indication he was there that night eihter, is this right?

mysticrose
ok that what his lawyer said.....LE didn't say that.

if that true where did he see Shaniya...who is he connect to in the park:banghead:

Coe did not mention anything about McNeil...I guessing that the reporter didn't ask if he knew McNeil??

We might hear more from Coe....pretty sure a network wants his story.
I bet his phone is ringing off the hook.

I believe Coe and the seven year old boy both told LE that McNeill is the Aunt's Ex Boyfriend...so if his attorney said that he is fibbing or more then likley does not have the right story...jmo

trigger
Yes it doesn't say when Davenport figured out that Shaniya (her mother, et al) was staying there. But evidently it must have been recently, w/in last 3 weeks.

Yes it was went she was reported missing. She was surprised to find out that they were all living there.

trigger
11-14-2009, 12:01 AM

Yes thats his current gf.

mycroft
11-14-2009, 12:01 AM

Where did you find this information? Do you have a link? I watched his court appearance and nothing substantive came up in the portion that I saw. When did the lawyer make this statement?

panthera
11-14-2009, 12:02 AM
Coe is saying the couch story is bs and that mom gave the baby away. Btw, I'm not too happy with dad right now. The entire story of him wanting baby mama to be a mama is bs. More like he wanted a break or stepmom or stepmom did. He's crying now? He should be. There is now way he could have seen moms situation and not seen train wreck!
I agree. I just wonder if he did check out where mom was living, if it wasn't this mobile home. Maybe she gave him some other address and pretended she lived there. I'm just trying to believe he didn't knowingly send Shaniya off to this dump. MOO

Blue Ridge
11-14-2009, 12:02 AM
My guess:

Fits all factors.

My guess/MOO.

But if that were true, would she put Shaniya out on the couch by herself? If anything, you'd think had she caught someone in the house molesting her child (and she felt too threatened by him to call police or whatever the majority of us would do) she would at least take the child into her own bed to comfort her and protect her? And what would MAM have been doing there anyway...he was the sister's EX, not current, boyfriend....?

This is the most confusing case ever :-(

mycroft
11-14-2009, 12:03 AM

Where did you find this information? Do you have a link? I watched his court appearance and nothing substantive came up in the portion that I saw. When did the lawyer make this statement? Did he say this to the press or to a judge?

mayelf
11-14-2009, 12:04 AM
here is a beginners map of the key areas...

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&num=10&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=111569175514234239082.0004784d72cd7f858dfae&ll=35.225429,-78.931274&spn=1.581728,2.449951&z=9

Here is the gf tidbit link http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/13/951920

not_my_kids
11-14-2009, 12:04 AM
Okay, most everything else I can square away in my mind somewhere. The one thing that doesn't fit is McNeill himself.
He waved his right to a public defender, didn't he? That was a privately retained lawyer he had today? I think it was. From who? Did he pay for that lawyer, and if he didn't, who did? And if he did, where did he get his money from? Drugs are a possibility, but if he has that much cash sacked away from his deals, what is he doing with someone like Shaniya's aunt, who is a lower end dealer, if she deals at all. He's a higher (couple levels higher) class than them, if he has that much extra cash. He would be hanging around and dating under his class (there's a class system, this was my world for many years.) With that much money, McNeill would have to be at least a lieutenant, and the kind of living arrangements and lower end convictions from the rest of the people at the trailer indicate street dealer, maybe a small step above. That's an issue.

If he didn't pay, who's the one with the deep pockets. Follow the money.

mysticrose
11-14-2009, 12:05 AM
Can I ask barry9120 , is that you posting that disgusting picture or has Satan taken over your computer ???!!!!

BeanE
11-14-2009, 12:05 AM
Much of this fits, sadly, but some things don't. For instance, McNeill is aunt's EX bf thus presumably not still going to see BDavis and afaik we've been given no indication he was there that night eihter, is this right?

Ah okay. I thought it had been stated that he was there.

In that case, he *could* have been visiting if they remained 'friends'.

Darnit. And it all fit so well... Oh well... I think I'm too tired for any more theories tonight. Maybe after my first cup of coffee in the morning.

I wonder if it could be that the aunt molested Shaniya? Sorry I am thinking so much of molestation, but I'm keying on what Coe is telling us we can figure out but he doesn't want to say.

mayelf
11-14-2009, 12:06 AM
Okay more questions just popped in my head :

Why did he check in a hotel so close to her home?

Why did he check into a hotel in the morning? when did he check out?

Why did he turn himself in when his family mentioned he was on T.V.?

Money Girl
11-14-2009, 12:06 AM
Where did you find this information? Do you have a link? I watched his court appearance and nothing substantive came up in the portion that I saw. When did the lawyer make this statement?

Current Fayetteville Observer story. It is posted a couple of pages ago inthis thread.

elepher50
11-14-2009, 12:07 AM

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?se...cal&id=7116354

Can't stand the thought that we are not as educated as Coe. So reading between the lines here is the best I can put forth:

1. Somebody put Shaniya on the couch in the livingroom and it wasn't mom.
2. McNeill was in the MH to have taken Shaniya.
3. Mom wasn't home all night and she is lying her ass off.
4. Negligence is squarely on the person who is the ex of McNeill
5. Coe was not in the MH that night

It is my best guess that there was more than one custody battle going on in that MH. Bet that baby in the still frame of the video is McNeill's from a union with the ex girlfriend/aunt who was living in the MH. McNeill may have went to the MH to take the baby and got in one helluva fight with the ex and simply took Shaniya as a revenge.

Will probably hate myself that Coe is smarter once all the information and connections finally come out.

The mother and the aunt had best come real clean real soon with all the information before it is too late for Shaniya - if it isn't too late already.

Shaniya is the innocent in all of this and what a motley dammed crew for any child to be living with. This case must be one of LE's worst nightmares... I do not envy them their job of getting to the bottom of this.

Shaniya you deserve better - shame on all the adult wannabe's in this fiasco - shame on you. Damm it triple shame .... shame.. shame..shame!!!!!!!!!

trigger
11-14-2009, 12:07 AM
I think this MH Manager is also the one who said she saw Coe drive off with the girl when Coe was no where around.
Bet she gets sued.

No it was not the manager who saw her in the car.

lonetraveler
11-14-2009, 12:08 AM

I'm a bit confused over that too. I read that one probable reason that the scent dogs didn't pick her scent up at the mh could be because she was being carried. I have read that scent dogs can actually pick up a person's scent if they are put into a vehicle and driven away, hummmmmmmm. Well, we know that she was definitely carried into the hotel. To be sure, LE knows which room she was carried to? I hope.

Money Girl
Did they release what hotel it is or the address for it?

Comfort Inn and Suites

kiki the parrot
Bet she gets sued.

I didn't know the identity of this "eye witness" had been made public :confused: I'm not sure why she made such a big deal about having "ONLY" two RSO's living there (instead of three :rolleyes:) I thought it was good she'd installed cameras in the park but unfortunately I'm not sure how much they helped in this situation... :(

SuziQ
11-14-2009, 12:13 AM
Ok. I guess we are being hijkacked? Fun times!

indicat
11-14-2009, 12:15 AM
Ok. I guess we are being hijkacked? Fun times!

lol, Ive never been on to experience being hijhacked, interesting, I dont know whether to laugh or barf....:sick:

not_my_kids
11-14-2009, 12:15 AM
Hang on folks and grab your waders. It's going to get a little deep in here for awhile. Just step around the distractions and focus on Shaniya.

nostoneunturned
11-14-2009, 12:16 AM
I wish the police would issue a statement that if anyone has her, please bring her forward and no charges will be brought....because if the people or person that has her now ,may see no other way out but to dispose of this child.
I figure ,after she is back, LE can go through the video tape and track everyone that has been to that house, just get her back in the hands of LE.

indicat
11-14-2009, 12:16 AM
Hang on folks and grab your waders. It's going to get a little deep in here for awhile. Just step around the distractions and focus on Shaniya.

I missed half the day's news, was Shaniya found?

elepher50
11-14-2009, 12:17 AM

I don't see anything - what is happening?:waitasec:

not_my_kids
I missed half the day's news, was Shaniya found?

Nope I was referring to our unexpected slideshow.

kiki the parrot

Can't stand the thought that we are not as educated as Coe. So reading between the lines here is the best I can put forth:

1. Somebody put Shaniya on the couch in the livingroom and it wasn't mom.
2. McNeill was in the MH to have taken Shaniya.
3. Mom wasn't home all night and she is lying her ass off.
4. Negligence is squarely on the person who is the ex of McNeill
5. Coe was not in the MH that night

It is my best guess that there was more than one custody battle going on in that MH. Bet that baby in the still frame of the video is McNeill's from a union with the ex girlfriend/aunt who was living in the MH. McNeill may have went to the MH to take the baby and got in one helluva fight with the ex and simply took Shaniya as a revenge.

Will probably hate myself that Coe is smarter once all the information and connections finally come out.

The mother and the sister had best come real clean real soon with all the information before it is too late for Shaniya - if it isn't too late already.

Shaniya is the innocent in all of this and what a motley dammed crew for any child to be living with. This case must be one of LE's worst nightmares... I do not envy them their job of getting to the bottom of this.

Shaniya you deserve better - shame on all the adult wannabe's in this fiasco - shame on you. Damm it triple shame .... shame.. shame..shame!!!!!!!!!

Great post, really appreciate your saying what so many are feeling right now! A few questions still. Isn't McNeill Brenda's EX bf? Was he still seeing her and going over there? Do we know was he over there that night?? I guess I've foolishly assumed McNeill having "ex" status meant he was not over there--and Shaniya's only been there three weeks herself. But I certainly can see where if there were a baby of McNeill's involved, contact might not have stopped. :(

mysticrose

Thanks for the heads up ..It would be my first ride...lol
I don't have waders but I do have a good pair of irrigation boots....:crazy:

elepher50
11-14-2009, 12:18 AM
Ok, I get it now .. am seeing it!!

trigger
11-14-2009, 12:18 AM

Well maybe Mcneill is still seeing his ex...

We never heard actually who was there, unfortunately.

mysticrose
11-14-2009, 12:19 AM
Mods To The Rescue!....:croc: :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

mayelf
Well it makes sense now why the mother didn't have the daughter on the rental application. She just didn't have her at that moment.

indicat
Nope I was referring to our unexpected slideshow.

lol, I know. I just thought I caught that the guy that was identified in the hotel video was arrested, is that true? and then did he not have shanyia? sorry, this thread has moved fast and I lost track after Coe was arrested.

panthera
11-14-2009, 12:20 AM

1) As a possible meeting place to transfer Shaniya over to someone else.
2) for the same reason as 1. He was apparently only there for an hour.
3) Because he didn't want to be on the FBI 10 most wanted list? Just a guess since I really can't figure this one out either. MOO

lonetraveler
Can anyone help me find the video where the father along with two ladies were making the plea for Shaniya to be returned. I think I watched it last night. There is something on it that I want to see again. TIA

Dani_md
Ah okay. I thought it had been stated that he was there.

In that case, he *could* have been visiting if they remained 'friends'.

Darnit. And it all fit so well... Oh well... I think I'm too tired for any more theories tonight. Maybe after my first cup of coffee in the morning.

I wonder if it could be that the aunt molested Shaniya? Sorry I am thinking so much of molestation, but I'm keying on what Coe is telling us we can figure out but he doesn't want to say.

I'm tweeking your theory a bit. How about this for moms neglagence. Mom wanted drugs so she called Mcneil. McNeil arrives and she has no money! Maybe she offers herself to him in a sexual manner, but he sees the little girl and wants her instead. Mom agrees and then Coe shows up and ask where the little girl is and mom says she been kidnapped. Mcneil couldn't take the girl home, because possibly his gf could have asked questions???

nostoneunturned
11-14-2009, 12:21 AM
Bet she gets sued.
He had no business being at the house that early..he wasn't supposed to be staying there,neither was she or this child..right?
I believe it in his best interest to "just go quietly into the night"

not_my_kids
11-14-2009, 12:22 AM
lol, I know. I just thought I caught that the guy that was identified in the hotel video was arrested, is that true? and then did he not have shaynia? sorry, this thread has moved fast and I lost track after Coe was arrested.

Yup, they arrested him, McNeill. Some reports are that he turned himself in. No sign of Shaniya and apparently they haven't gotten anything out of him. they did release Coe and state that Shaniya's father was cleared.

Sorry, indi, I wasn't tracking very well. Couple hours at the shooting range today and my arm keeps wanting to jump off the keyboard, it's a battle of wills to keep it there.

trigger
11-14-2009, 12:22 AM
I agree. I just wonder if he did check out where mom was living, if it wasn't this mobile home. Maybe she gave him some other address and pretended she lived there. I'm just trying to believe he didn't knowingly send Shaniya off to this dump. MOO

Oh true and maybe she lied to him saying she was working also.

indicat
11-14-2009, 12:25 AM
Yup, they arrested him, McNeill. Some reports are that he turned himself in. No sign of Shaniya and apparently they haven't gotten anything out of him. they did release Coe and state that Shaniya's father was cleared.

Thank you! I was so confused, the last I had seen was Coe rolling his eyes while the charges were being read.

Blue Ridge
11-14-2009, 12:25 AM

Did he actually check in to the motel though? It seems much more likely that he simply brought the child there to a room that someone else already had. I wonder if they were even able to figure out which room they went to and who it actually was rented to? And then there is the question of possible video of MAM leaving the motel and/or little Shaniya leaving and if she was with somebody else...whom? She ain't there now so she had to leave w/ somebody!!! If they had video tape of them arriving, then they must also have it of whoever else may have come and gone. And they know that MAM was there only an hour, so that kinda has to mean they either have a tape of him coming out, or a witness...right? The police obviously must have a LOT more on this mess than they are letting come out at this point...and I PRAY it leads to finding that precious little girl alive. And SOON.

SuziQ
11-14-2009, 12:26 AM
Ignore barry and do not click on his links! They are most likely virus ridden. Sorry barry. But you know that's true. I'm on my bberry can someone alert his posts please?

not_my_kids
11-14-2009, 12:27 AM
Done, SuziQ.

PoppyH
11-14-2009, 12:28 AM
Ignore barry and do not click on his links! They are most likely virus ridden. Sorry barry. But you know that's true. I'm on my bberry can someone alert his posts please?

Done:)

panthera
11-14-2009, 12:30 AM
I'm tweeking your theory a bit. How about this for moms neglagence. Mom wanted drugs so she called Mcneil. McNeil arrives and she has no money! Maybe she offers herself to him in a sexual manner, but he sees the little girl and wants her instead. Mom agrees and then Coe shows up and ask where the little girl is and mom says she been kidnapped. Mcneil couldn't take the girl home, because possibly his gf could have asked questions???
(bolding mine)

Bingo! Or close to it ~ in my opinion. But I'll respectfully disagree with Coe that "mom" was involved. MOO

indicat
11-14-2009, 12:30 AM
Did he actually check in to the motel though? It seems much more likely that he simply brought the child there to a room that someone else already had. I wonder if they were even able to figure out which room they went to and who it actually was rented to? And then there is the question of possible video of MAM leaving the motel and/or little Shaniya leaving and if she was with somebody else...whom? She ain't there now so she had to leave w/ somebody!!! If they had video tape of them arriving, then they must also have it of whoever else may have come and gone. And they know that MAM was there only an hour, so that kinda has to mean they either have a tape of him coming out, or a witness...right? The police obviously must have a LOT more on this mess than they are letting come out at this point...and I PRAY it leads to finding that precious little girl alive. And SOON.

You know I keep having this terrible feeling that the sex trafficking business might come into play somehow, I could be way off but WHO could she be with right now, WHO has her?

panthera
11-14-2009, 12:32 AM
Oh true and maybe she lied to him saying she was working also.
Does anyone know if she really has a job or not?

BeanE
11-14-2009, 12:32 AM

It's mostly working for me, except that Coe said Mom had nothing to do with the kidnapping. Just some negligence. I believe him because he's saying something negative about her - negligence - rather than trying to cover for her 100% and saying she's a saint.

McNeil being there for a drug request works for me. What about a drug party that got out of hand with him going after Shaniya sexually? I'm also thinking of that feces on her blanket. It fits with molestation.

Mom gets angry. Threatens to call the police. He's not thinking straight from the drugs. Doesn't want to take the rap for child sexual abuse, so he takes off with Shaniya. Takes her to the hotel to clean her up.

But... then why did he turn himself in?

I'm sleepy, worried about this little angel, and I'm stumped. I just want her to be alive and somebody bring her back to her daddy.

panthera
11-14-2009, 12:33 AM
Done, SuziQ.
Ditto.

not_my_kids
11-14-2009, 12:34 AM
How many cameras were there in this place? We see one watching the elevators, but were there actually cameras on the floors, watching the rooms? Were there fire stairs or regular stairs and are there cameras there? Are there cameras on the doors, all of them?

That's what I want to know. I hate to think that we are seeing everything they have, but maybe that's why they were so eager to release them, maybe it is everything they have...

I have no idea what to think anymore.

SuziQ
11-14-2009, 12:35 AM
Thanks guys. Bberry is having posting probs tonight. Bye bye barry

trigger
11-14-2009, 12:38 AM
Does anyone know if she really has a job or not?

Nope...

mysticrose
11-14-2009, 12:38 AM
I have to say the fact that this little girl had only been with this mother for 3-4 weeks and now is gone is disturbing.

BF Coe is saying this little girl was never in the living room to sleep in all the time he had been over visiting or spending the night.

He says that Shaniya's mother he feels has nothing to do with what has happened, but mom says Shaniya was on the couch was out of the norm according to Coe so Mom is lying.

Shaynia's aunt's ex-boyfriend is the one who took the little girl and has admitted to it but not kiddnapping .

Looking at the pictures of Shanyia it would look to me that maybe dad is fairly well off, or at least making ends meet and perhaps a little money left over to put away or spend on Shaniya.

3-4 weeks ?

In My opinion I think Mom and Sis are in on this with McNeill, not quite sure of the motive here.

Are they trying or were trying to somehow get money out of dad ? (no I don't think that one works)
Are they working on the assumption they could plan this out start getting media coverage, perhaps some money to roll in for the missing child ?

I think that blanket was put in that trashcan on purpose to throw LE off in believing something worse had happened.

I think mom screwed up on when to call the police, something happened to change the time for the call. Did the 7 year old wake up sooner then expected and start asking where Shaniya was ? Or perhaps the Aunts BF ?

Of course Moo....

I was just bumping my post as Barrys exciting post where happening just as I posted...

lonetraveler
11-14-2009, 12:40 AM
Coe is mom's bf, McNeil is aunt's EX bf. Hope you're feeling better friend...

Thanks, I'm feeling much better today. I might just make it..........

trigger
11-14-2009, 12:40 AM
Can anyone help me find the video where the father along with two ladies were making the plea for Shaniya to be returned. I think I watched it last night. There is something on it that I want to see again. TIA

Im still looking for you.

Chili Fries
11-14-2009, 12:45 AM

I'm really having a hard time making heads nor tails of this but could this mean that Shaniya was never at the trailer when Coe was there?

panthera
11-14-2009, 12:46 AM
How many cameras were there in this place? We see one watching the elevators, but were there actually cameras on the floors, watching the rooms? Were there fire stairs or regular stairs and are there cameras there? Are there cameras on the doors, all of them?

That's what I want to know. I hate to think that we are seeing everything they have, but maybe that's why they were so eager to release them, maybe it is everything they have...

I'm hoping we haven't seen more because LE hasn't released it. I can't imagine the photos of McNeill and Shaniya entering but none of either of them leaving. And somehow it's believed they were only there an hour. So was that by eyewitnesses or video? :waitasec: MOO

seekjustice
11-14-2009, 12:48 AM
IF McNeill is innocent in all this then he should have no problem telling where and who has Shaniya. Bottom line IMO. Why sit in jail with his mouth shut?

mysticrose
11-14-2009, 12:50 AM
McNeill isn't innocent but I'm sure he wants to talk with his lawyer befor he starts flappin...

lonetraveler
11-14-2009, 12:51 AM

I read somewhere on this thread in a link that he was at his stepmother's house not far from the mh.

Soulmagent
11-14-2009, 12:51 AM
Can anyone tell me what Property of MMAC means? or does that mean anything?

LaLaw2000
11-14-2009, 12:52 AM
WTH is that, Barry9120??? And why would you post something so disgusting????

I see now that you are banned. Thank you, Mod!

tfrohning

3-4 weeks ?

Of course Moo....

I was thinking ransom from dad.

kiki the parrot
Lone if you are still here you can watch the presser here friend

YouTube- Shaniya Davis Press Conf 11/12/09 - 1

nnglas
11-14-2009, 12:53 AM
You know what you guys? I really don't like this. The last person she is seen with has now turned himself in and had his own atty. He wasn't even trying to conceal her at the hotel. IMO, he looked kinda crazy in his mugshot and at the hearing today. Crazy as in mental. So, I'm thinking. McNeil is the ex, but still sleeping with the sister. He is at the house that night, visiting. Mom puts the child on the sofa for whatever reason, she was either high, sleepy, or stupid, and got the timeline wrong. Although we haven't heard anything about the timeline from the mother. McNeil leaves in the early morning hours, no one walks him out, and he leaves with the child.
I don't know, just trying to make sense out of any of it.

lonetraveler
11-14-2009, 12:53 AM
Im still looking for you.

I found it. I remembered that I had seen it last night during the 9:00 pm presser when the news came out about the elevator video with McNeill and Shaniya. Thanks anyway.

kiki the parrot
11-14-2009, 12:54 AM
Can anyone tell me what Property of MMAC means? or does that mean anything?

MAMc? I didn't see but is it referring to accused (Mario A McNeill)?

Soulmagent
It looks way off from that posters normal stuff. IDK what happened but I think I looked at the image to long.

Turtles
I'm really having a hard time making heads nor tails of this but could this mean that Shaniya was never at the trailer when Coe was there?

I am wondering the same thing. Was Shaniya somewhere else (no scent picked up). Did she leave from another house. Just rambling,I thought for sure when I logged back in tonight little Shaniya would have been found safe.

Please come home safely!!!!

panthera
I read somewhere on this thread in a link that he was at his stepmother's house not far from the mh.
That would explain how he seemed to have gotten there so quickly.

seekjustice
11-14-2009, 12:55 AM
I was thinking ransom from dad.

I like this line of thinking, it fits.

mycroft
11-14-2009, 12:55 AM
Okay, most everything else I can square away in my mind somewhere. The one thing that doesn't fit is McNeill himself.
He waved his right to a public defender, didn't he? That was a privately retained lawyer he had today? I think it was. From who? Did he pay for that lawyer, and if he didn't, who did? And if he did, where did he get his money from? Drugs are a possibility, but if he has that much cash sacked away from his deals, what is he doing with someone like Shaniya's aunt, who is a lower end dealer, if she deals at all. He's a higher (couple levels higher) class than them, if he has that much extra cash. He would be hanging around and dating under his class (there's a class system, this was my world for many years.) With that much money, McNeill would have to be at least a lieutenant, and the kind of living arrangements and lower end convictions from the rest of the people at the trailer indicate street dealer, maybe a small step above. That's an issue.

If he didn't pay, who's the one with the deep pockets. Follow the money.

I assumed that as an ex-con he probably just called the lawyer that he had used in the past. By that time it was already a big news story, and the lawyer would probably be willing to do it for free or a reduced fee to gain the exposure.

mayelf
11-14-2009, 12:56 AM

I was assuming that is how they got his name so quickly?

indicat
11-14-2009, 12:56 AM
I'm hoping we haven't seen more because LE hasn't released it. I can't imagine the photos of McNeill and Shaniya entering but none of either of them leaving. And somehow it's believed they were only there an hour. So was that by eyewitnesses or video? :waitasec: MOO

That is really bothering me, so did he hand her off to someone else? I mean really, what's up here. I'm so afraid for this little girl.

lonetraveler
11-14-2009, 12:57 AM
Has any information been released on if the mobile home is a two bedroom or a three bedroom? I've been trying to figure out where everyone slept. There was AD and her boyfriend Coe (except for the night prior to Shaniya being taken), her sister, a 7 yr old boy, a small infant and Shaniya. That's a lot of people in such a small Mh and Coe's comment about Shaniya never being in the Livingroom.

seekjustice
11-14-2009, 12:58 AM
I was convinced Shaniya was gone from the beginning. After seeing the footage of her from just days ago, it absolutely kills me to think that could be the last she is ever seen.
I'm just worried sick for her tonight. Lord please keep her safe!

trigger
11-14-2009, 12:59 AM

I just hope and pray they searched this hotel and the dumpsters. Gotta get up for work early so i'll check in early to see if shes found.

panthera
11-14-2009, 01:00 AM
You know what you guys? I really don't like this. The last person she is seen with has now turned himself in and had his own atty. He wasn't even trying to conceal her at the hotel. IMO, he looked kinda crazy in his mugshot and at the hearing today. Crazy as in mental. So, I'm thinking. McNeil is the ex, but still sleeping with the sister. He is at the house that night, visiting. Mom puts the child on the sofa for whatever reason, she was either high, sleepy, or stupid, and got the timeline wrong. Although we haven't heard anything about the timeline from the mother. McNeil leaves in the early morning hours, no one walks him out, and he leaves with the child.
I don't know, just trying to make sense out of any of it.
For some reason I don't believe he was even thinking about video surveillance at the motel. Maybe at that point he didn't even think he'd be a POI in her disappearance since it could've been an arrangement for him to take Shaniya to someone ~ without him knowing 911 would be called. Or he knew her disappearance would be reported but again, didn't think he'd be on video or somebody would make the connection and call the tipline. MOO

Soulmagent
11-14-2009, 01:00 AM

The weird photo had property of MMAC on it I thought.

lonetraveler
11-14-2009, 01:01 AM
It looks way off from that posters normal stuff. IDK what happened but I think I looked at the image to long.

Posters on IS were also talking about this same photo being put up as a tiny photo and when they clicked on it to see it their computers atarted having problems .

TakeNote
11-14-2009, 01:03 AM
i sure hope shaniya is found safe soon!!

im very worried for her....the last person seen with her is in jail....i sure hope he has some kind of cell phone that LE can follow the pings and find her!

kiki the parrot
11-14-2009, 01:03 AM
WTH is that, Barry9120??? And why would you post something so disgusting????

I see now that you are banned. Thank you, Mod!

Yes friend, based on the pms I've been receiving for the past 30 mins, barry has been barry barry busy... :/ TG the cavalry arrived!

seekjustice
11-14-2009, 01:04 AM
See I just don't see how LE would not have video of the exit. In fact I'm more than sure they do. How else would they know he left an hour later? Which could explain why no vehicle info was given for McNeill as they knew he no longer had her?
Of course this would not explain why no description of the person and vehicle she was handed off to.
I keep going back to the presser and the lack of urgency.

Soulmagent
Posters on IS were also talking about this same photo being put up as a tiny photo and when they clicked on it to see it their computers atarted having problems .

Oh ,I cant understand why people wanna waste their time doing dumb crap like that.
Thanks

lonetraveler
That is really bothering me, so did he hand her off to someone else? I mean really, what's up here. I'm so afraid for this little girl.

Yes, but if he did hand her off to someone, that someone would have been caught on video too, leaving with a child. Even if the child's appearance was changed, it would still show someone leaving with a child and would be investigated. Not that many people would be traveling with a five year old child.

panthera
11-14-2009, 01:05 AM
I'm thinking hand-off since he was at the motel, and only for a short time. If he abducted her for sexual assault or to kill her, why even stop at the motel? I really would like to know who else is on their surveillance video that morning, or who McNeill may have met up with ~ either there or contacted from there.

Oh well, it's already way past bedtime so I'll join you all tomorrow and I'm praying Shaniya's found when I get back here! :seeya:

kiki the parrot
11-14-2009, 01:05 AM
The weird photo had property of MMAC on it I thought.

Oh ok lol oddly enough we've also been using MAM and MAMc as abbreviation for accused. :crazy:

panthera
11-14-2009, 01:06 AM
Yes, but if he did hand her off to someone, that someone would have been caught on video too, leaving with a child. Even if the child's appearance was changed, it would still show someone leaving with a child and would be investigated. Not that many people would be traveling with a five year old child.
Unless the actual transfer took place somewhere else. Just a thought! :seeya:

mayelf
11-14-2009, 01:09 AM
See I just don't see how LE would not have video of the exit. In fact I'm more than sure they do. How else would they know he left an hour later? Which could explain why no vehicle info was given for McNeill as they knew he no longer had her?
Of course this would not explain why no description of the person and vehicle she was handed off to.

I completely agree with you.

The LE might already have this case solved. They obviously have a lot of information that we are only assuming on. They know why the mother is speaking or not speaking and what she is speaking about. They also have video surveillance from the trailer park and the hotel we haven't seen. And they have any information that Mcneill gave them that I am betting he gave a huge clue and they are doing everything in their power to get Shaniya.

Chili Fries
11-14-2009, 01:10 AM
Makes me wonder if she is with the maternal grandmother or some other family member who thinks the mother and father are both awful parents. Doesn't explain why they only took Shaniya though.

nnglas
For some reason I don't believe he was even thinking about video surveillance at the motel. Maybe at that point he didn't even think he'd be a POI in her disappearance since it could've been an arrangement for him to take Shaniya to someone ~ without him knowing 911 would be called. Or he knew her disappearance would be reported but again, didn't think he'd be on video or somebody would make the connection and call the tipline. MOO

I get your point. But I don't know. I just think that thinking that this woman handed over her child at 5am is just wishful thinking. I am just trying to figure out what is the obvious conclusion here. And what I am coming up with is not good. I think this guy did something to her, and turned himself in because he knew they wouldn't be able to find the body or something. Im sorry he just looks crazy to me. Why would he involve himself in some stupid kidnap plot? What would he get out of it? The chance to sit in jail? If he was apart of some plot, he would have already told police where she is.

I hope I am wrong. Really I do. But Shaniya hasn't been seen alive since Tues morning. No one has reported seeing her, and I highly doubt any of his druggie friends or family members would involve themselves in this bs. I am so scared for her. But all the convoluted plots just don't jive for me. None of the parties involved seem to have that much sense or initiative.

seekjustice
I'm thinking hand-off since he was at the motel, and only for a short time. If he abducted her for sexual assault or to kill her, why even stop at the motel? I really would like to know who else is on their surveillance video that morning, or who McNeill may have met up with ~ either there or contacted from there.

Oh well, it's already way past bedtime so I'll join you all tomorrow and I'm praying Shaniya's found when I get back here! :seeya:

I agree. If he were to stop at a hotel I also don't think it would be a Comfort Suites JMO. Somebody with some money booked that room in advanced and awaited their arrival. I would imagine LE is combing through all reservations, checking names, credit card info, etc. I just can't imagine they would not have some good leads at this point.

mayelf
11-14-2009, 01:13 AM
http://news.mync.com/site/news/story/44467/missing-child-seen-at-sanford-hotel-family-pleads-for-safe-return/

"Police say McNeill checked into the hotel at 6:11 Tuesday morning, almost 40 minutes before Shaniya's mother reported her missing to police. By the time officials arrived to the hotel, McNeill and Davis were gone."

kiki the parrot
11-14-2009, 01:14 AM
I completely agree with you.

The LE might already have this case solved. They obviously have a lot of information that we are only assuming on. They know why the mother is speaking or not speaking and what she is speaking about. They also have video surveillance from the trailer park and the hotel we haven't seen. And they have any information that Mcneill gave them that I am betting he gave a huge clue and they are doing everything in their power to get Shaniya.

And with that hopeful thought I am signing off myself, and trusting that LE, as usual, has some facts they are keeping to themselves--and w good reason. Goodnite, praying for good news by tomorrow!!

BeanE
11-14-2009, 01:15 AM
Ya know, I'm picturing McNeill in the room being interviewed, and they show him the pics of him carrying Shaniya into the elevator, and he say, "Okay, yes, you got me. That's me. I took Shaniya."

LE asks, "Okay, what did you do with her next?".

What does McNeill say? "I have nothing else to say."? or "I'm not telling."?

Makes no sense. None of this does.

On the hotel, the spokesperson said McNeill had "checked out" of the hotel by the time LE got there. She specifically said "checked out". Did she really mean "checked out"? Or did she mean "he had already left the hotel".

I need some sleep. First thing in the morning, I'm going to go back through and see if there's anything saying that McNeill specifically "checked in" at the hotel. Like several have mentioned, I'm not sure he actually checked in, versus just took Shaniya to a room there that he or somebody else already had.

And if he did check in, *when* did he check in? 6am that morning? The night before? Days before?

Him checking in, actually getting a hotel room, for only about an hour just bugs me. If all he wanted to do was clean Shaniya up after her poop accident, did he not have someplace else to do that? That's a darned expensive bath if that's all he wanted to do.

Good night, everybody. Take care. Hug your kids and loved ones :-)

seekjustice
11-14-2009, 01:16 AM
I get your point. But I don't know. I just think that thinking that this woman handed over her child at 5am is just wishful thinking. I am just trying to figure out what is the obvious conclusion here. And what I am coming up with is not good. I think this guy did something to her, and turned himself in because he knew they wouldn't be able to find the body or something. Im sorry he just looks crazy to me. Why would he involve himself in some stupid kidnap plot? What would he get out of it? The chance to sit in jail? If he was apart of some plot, he would have already told police where she is.

I hope I am wrong. Really I do. But Shaniya hasn't been seen alive since Tues morning. No one has reported seeing her, and I highly doubt any of his druggie friends or family members would involve themselves in this bs. I am so scared for her. But all the convoluted plots just don't jive for me. None of the parties involved seem to have that much sense or initiative.

This is where the theory of ransom pops into my head. It's the only way everyone "wins" in this scenario if they play their part. They needed the money, mom barely knows her daughter so they concoct a plan to extort some money from daddy?? Each player gets paid for their role. Thus McNeill can claim he didn't technically kidnap Shaniya...her mom gave her.

LaLaw2000
11-14-2009, 01:17 AM
Yes friend, based on the pms I've been receiving for the past 30 mins, barry has been barry barry busy... :/ TG the cavalry arrived!

Hi, kiki!

That pic really disgusted me. Thank goodness for TG!!!!

mayelf
11-14-2009, 01:18 AM
From my understanding the report of the hotel didn't come until the NEXT day, wednesday. So the police have the report of how long they stayed in the hotel. It could have been all day until the next morning.

Anyone want to try and find clarification on WHEN the police arrived or they checked out?

Keeping in mind they checked in on Tuesday

lonetraveler
11-14-2009, 01:18 AM

I want to know more about the custody fights and DCF involvement that went on prior to this happening. Maybe the mother (with her sister lying to the landlord) got the mobile home and somehow convinced DCF that she had a job and a home and the father was ordered to let the little girl return to her mother. Hate to even type this but could the father know McNeill. I know it sounds totally impossible but if he was desperate to get the little girl away from her mother...I'll just go back to thinking.

seekjustice
11-14-2009, 01:19 AM
Since I can't seem to form complete thoughts any longer I'm out.
Praying for Shaniya's safety and quick return!

Heroine
11-14-2009, 01:20 AM
I am trying to figure out why Shaniya's blanket was thrown in the neighbor's trash bin, if there wasn't anything sinister going on, then why didn't they just throw it in their own bin.

Also, I thought Marlania (sp?) Shavio on NG said they confirmed with Coe that he stayed @ his stepmother's house, and that McNeil was @ the home with the Mom, Sister, and the kids.

This case is driving me crazy! WHERE'S SHANIYA?

Okay, first of all, do we know who this guy who just got arrested is? Is he related to Shaniya?
Second of all I still don't understand why she put her on the couch? Did we ever figure that part out?
The reason I ask is because maybe Shaniya was in trouble with her mother over something she did, or didn't do for that matter and if that guy (Mario?) is indeed related to Shaniya maybe he just got tired of seeing her treated this way. Maybe he threw the blanket away because of the feces on the porch got on it and he might have thrown it into the neighbors can so it would'nt be found so soon, giving him time to get away with her. As for the clothes, he could have changed her clothes because he knew someone would be looking for her.
IMO Shaniya didn't seem afraid of him and seemed as though she knew this person well and possibly trusted him. Not to mention, he didn't put up much of a fight about being arrested. Maybe he doesn't feel like he did anything wrong because he felt she deserved better. This is all speculation of course, but I can only hope that my theory is true and she'll be found alive and well.

nnglas
11-14-2009, 01:23 AM
This is where the theory of ransom pops into my head. It's the only way everyone "wins" in this scenario if they play their part. They needed the money, mom barely knows her daughter so they concoct a plan to extort some money from daddy?? Each player gets paid for their role. Thus McNeill can claim he didn't technically kidnap Shaniya...her mom gave her.

But wouldn't someone have to actual ask for ransom? I don't know, I saw a video of the spokesperson saying that she couldn't say that Shaniya is alive. That bothers me, it doesn't seem like they are looking for her, no more pleas to the public, no description of a car that McNeil was driving. Seems they may be focused more on the case against McNeil. There has got to be a reason for that. They are not telling the public anything else to help find Shaniya.:banghead:

lonetraveler
11-14-2009, 01:23 AM

Hate to even tell you this, but there was a comment with the photo on IS stating that the photo showed what Shaniya looks like now. Sick. Totally sick.

not_my_kids
11-14-2009, 01:26 AM
Hate to even tell you this, but there was a comment with the photo on IS stating that the photo showed what Shaniya looks like now. Sick. Totally sick.

And here he said that it was him after a confrontation with a person we all know and love. It was to get a rise, that's all.

I am sure our mods have his/her IP and are handling it.

seekjustice
11-14-2009, 01:26 AM
But wouldn't someone have to actual ask for ransom? I don't know, I saw a video of the spokesperson saying that she couldn't say that Shaniya is alive. That bothers me, it doesn't seem like they are looking for her, no more pleas to the public, no description of a car that McNeil was driving. Seems they may be focused more on the case against McNeil. There has got to be a reason for that. They are not telling the public anything else to help find Shaniya.:banghead:

Maybe the quick arrest of Coe threw the whole thing outta whack KWIM? It does bother me that there is no info being given to help find her but seems it's been that way from the beginning so I'm not sure it means they believe she's gone.

bessie
11-14-2009, 01:30 AM
I agree. If he were to stop at a hotel I also don't think it would be a Comfort Suites JMO. Somebody with some money booked that room in advanced and awaited their arrival. I would imagine LE is combing through all reservations, checking names, credit card info, etc. I just can't imagine they would not have some good leads at this point.
Or, an employee (housekeeping, security) secured the room for the rendevouz, if one took place. If a child trafficking ring is involved --God forbid -- this motel might have been used previously. Perhaps it's the site of other illegal activities. OTOH, I would think those involved would be aware of surveillance cameras and know how to circumvent them.

I'd love to know how he was id'd from the video. From LE photos? Or, did LE question employees and someone fingered him?

Ugh...so many questions and my heart is breaking yet again for another beautiful little child.

I keep reading references to McN being the aunt's ex-bf, but at least one news report I read stated that he was not acquainted with the family or Coe.

tfrohning
11-14-2009, 01:36 AM
I am wondering the same thing. Was Shaniya somewhere else (no scent picked up). Did she leave from another house. Just rambling,I thought for sure when I logged back in tonight little Shaniya would have been found safe.

Please come home safely!!!!
Thank You:waitasec: I kept thinking something I am not getting.
No scent that it.... she was not there.
I was reading to much and trying to keep up and was missing that statement.

We don't know if there was video of the park showing Shaniya was even there.

And at this time I not trusting the manager statement after the Coe's thing.

LE has never really confirm the last time Shaniya was seem at the MH.
Just what the mom said.
Wishing with all my heart that she safe.

SuziQ
11-14-2009, 01:37 AM
So if mom hadn't been in this babys life then what was dcfs involvment and back and forth about? Points back at dad imo. Someone isn't telling the truth here.

not_my_kids
11-14-2009, 01:38 AM
So if mom hadn't been in this babys life then what was dcfs involvment and back and forth about? Points back at dad imo. Someone isn't telling the truth here.

She had the other child...

winterrose
11-14-2009, 01:41 AM
Okay,just watching NG now,missed it earlier.It was the Mom's sister's bf in the home that night,McNeil is the ex bf and wasn't in the MH.I wonder if it was the current bf who took her to McNeill?The neighbor said Coe was taking her in a car out of the MH,could have been the current bf of the Aunt,obviously mistaken to be Coe.Coe was at his mother's house that night,not the MH.

tfrohning
11-14-2009, 01:42 AM
I was assuming that is how they got his name so quickly?

I thinking he never check in with Shaniya...maybe earlier

If he did check in there would be a videotape of him at the front desk.
I pretty sure there a camera at that front desk.
LE might be holding that video:banghead: but why:waitasec:

nostoneunturned
11-14-2009, 01:47 AM
I feel she is gone, I had hope,until they arrested him. He has nothing to lose, if he was being a "friend" and placed her in a safe place if he tells that story. If he doesn't talk then he has a lot to hide.

tfrohning
11-14-2009, 01:51 AM

Good Point

That not a cheap hotel..so who ever booked the room are not use to low rates.

I stay in plenty... that late or early morning he would need a key card to even
get in.

all the ones I stay in had camera on all the floors.

bessie
11-14-2009, 01:55 AM
If he checked into a room, management would know which one, and detectives would be all over it searching for evidence. In a high profile case, television cameras would be on the scene. Any local news broadcasting video of an investigation of an actual room at this Comfort Inn?

tfrohning
11-14-2009, 01:58 AM
Or, an employee (housekeeping, security) secured the room for the rendevouz, if one took place. If a child trafficking ring is involved --God forbid -- this motel might have been used previously. Perhaps it's the site of other illegal activities. OTOH, I would think those involved would be aware of surveillance cameras and know how to circumvent them.

I'd love to know how he was id'd from the video. From LE photos? Or, did LE question employees and someone fingered him?

Ugh...so many questions and my heart is breaking yet again for another beautiful little child.

I keep reading references to McN being the aunt's ex-bf, but at least one news report I read stated that he was not acquainted with the family or Coe.
you guys are good.
I never thought about a employee secure the room.:waitasec:

winterrose
11-14-2009, 02:04 AM
Looking at the years of the three vehicles of McNeil's someone posted last night,vehicles from the 90's,someone else might have been footing the bill.He might have been paid in advance or if it's a ransom or drug deal,payment comes later.Maybe he's afraid to tell who he handed her off to.People that have been in jail,knowing they're going back to jail either way are more afraid of who can hurt them in jail or thier family on the outside,than anything LE can do to them.KWIM
My mind doesn't even want to go why he's not telling where she is,if it's not this scenario.

bessie
11-14-2009, 02:12 AM
Looking at the years of the three vehicles of McNeil's someone posted last night,vehicles from the 90's,someone else might have been footing the bill.He might have been paid in advance or if it's a ransom or drug deal,payment comes later.Maybe he's afraid to tell who he handed her off to.People that have been in jail,knowing they're going back to jail either way are more afraid of who can hurt them in jail or thier family on the outside,than anything LE can do to them.KWIM
My mind doesn't even want to go why he's not telling where she is,if it's not this scenario.
ITA with the bolded part. I was just going to post same.

Would it be considered uncharacteristic for a predator to take a child victim to a motel room? IMO, yes, but I dunno...

mayelf
11-14-2009, 02:19 AM

Well think about this maybe?

The police told the press that he checked in Tuesday morning to the hotel and checked out before they got there. Which they also have not commented on what time they arrived there or when it was noted he checked out. The search for the new suspect, Mario Mcneill came out on Thursday the 12th "The Fayetteville Police Department announced Thursday night that the missing 5-year-old Fayetteville girl has been spotted. "

Mario Mcneill and Shaniya could have been in that hotel as far as we know from Tuesday morning until Thursday. I believe the police did not search for an unidentified male when they spotted him on camera which makes me think that he used his name to check into the hotel.

Sidenote : The reason they found the hotel was because the clerk saw pictures of Shaniya in the news, which would have taken time for her to see and report it and for the LE to get the clue and follow up on it...etc..

Now, it is 6:10 in the morning and they check into the hotel. He only went about 30-40 minutes away from the girls home. His own home is very close to Shaniya's home.

If he was kidnapping the child for his own gain (not money gain) - I honestly believe - he would have kept driving out of the state.

KeenEyes
11-14-2009, 02:26 AM
To me it looks as if Shaniya has just woke from a deep sleep and is still not fully awake. He could have just scooped her up from the car seat and she awoke as they approached the elevator. I'm thinking that he did not register, he just came in and went straight to the room, a room that had been checked into prior to Shaniya being taken.

I can see this, now that you mention it. Could Shaniya have been drugged? Would a date-rape type drug cause a child to have diarrhea, thus the soiled blanket? A psychologist(?) on NG commenting on Shaniya's body language in the hotel surveillance photos pointed out that her legs are closed tightly in one shot and even crossed in another one. Still can't understand what someone from the mh would have said to LE about McNeill prior to his arrest that would lead them to think/announce that Shaniya wasn't in danger.

winterrose
11-14-2009, 02:27 AM

Actually,he could have left her in the car,around the back entrance.She's scared and doesn't know what is happening,might been afraid to get out of the car.He checked in,went around to back door,there's always a back door,after around 10pm,you have to use your card,he could have brought her in the back.He is going through a door and hitting the elevator.There's cameras at the front desk,but the deskworker would had to been looking to see him carrying her in.Usually they're watching tv late at night or real early in the morning,when it's not busy.

Or someone brought her to him at the back entrance.

mayelf
11-14-2009, 02:29 AM
You know, the reason I feel that the LE already have this handled is because of how cautious they are being at not leaking to the media. I even think that they may have asked the mother to not speak publicly. It just seems that the families are being very quiet which is probably a good thing. If and when this goes to trial (hopefully only for kidnapping) the less that the media screws up in the publics' brains, the more fair the trial will be.

mayelf
11-14-2009, 02:42 AM
I pray for Shaniya to come to safety and that this experience will only brighten her future. Have a good night fellow posters! :)

KeenEyes
11-14-2009, 02:46 AM
I pray for Shaniya to come to safety and that this experience will only brighten her future. Have a good night fellow posters! :)

:seeya:

spicedtea
11-14-2009, 02:47 AM
I have to just inject something that's really bothering me ... The way the guy is holding her in the hotel pictures. It just struck me why it disturbs me so much,it looks like he's attempting to carry her with absolute minimal contact,especially skin contact. She looks just propped on his arms rather than carefully embraced.

The hotel seems way too pricey for someone as dirt poor looking as him,he must be delivering her to someone else or he'd choose his home,an abandoned building or cheap motel to take her to. I hope they are watching the airports and out-of-town train stations. Guess I worry she was kidnapped to be sold to someone. :(

Good Lord I pray she is safe and not in the hands of some pedophile group or drug dealers and will be let go home soon.

tiredblondy
11-14-2009, 02:57 AM
I'm thinking about COE's statement and what he doesn't say!!

He does not say that he saw Shaniya anywhere.

He says he did not see her in the living room in the day or when he stayed at night. He did not say where he saw her...He did not see her.

I think that is what he wants us to figure out. I guess she could have been locked in a bedroom but there's something else there he's trying to tell us.

He doesn't think the mom's involved in this and yes there's probably negligence.
That leaves the people surrounding Shaniya.

tiredblondy
11-14-2009, 02:59 AM
Also...Oh man I hate to say this but

Are we sure Shaniya is alive in those pictures???

BobbieBu
11-14-2009, 03:10 AM
are we sure that is even her? to me it does not look like her at all. and to be so comfortable around somebody the way that she is. she has his hand on his shoulder in what i have seen. to me a little girl that age is probably with someon she knows the way of her face..
I believe this is a set up or a miss call.. i believe momma needes to start talking and they need to start pressuring her. shes's knows something the time lines are way to much and can I ASK WHERE THE H(LL IS HER?????????????????????????

KeenEyes
11-14-2009, 03:13 AM
:bedtime: See ya!

tiredblondy
11-14-2009, 03:19 AM
Surely the Dad visited the Mom's residence...unless Social Services did the transporting. Wonder where Dad thought Mom lived?

QuietStorm
11-14-2009, 03:21 AM
The month of thanks. Every day I post what I am thankful for. Today I am thankful that McNeill has been arrested. When I post tomorrow, I will be thankful that Shaniyah was found alive and unharmed. Tonight I will send prayers, thoughts, positive vibes, directed meditation (call it what you will) to McNeill so that he will wake up in the morning and do what is right for Shaniyah. And Shaniyah will find the strength to survive. Tomorrow will be a glorious day.

tiredblondy
11-14-2009, 03:22 AM
BobbieBu I agree...I'm not sure it is her in the pictures with MAM. Maybe she is doped up. If she'd been kept doped up that might be another reason Coe did not see her in the livingroom in the day or when he stayed over at night. I don't know. I just pray that beautiful angel is alive and ok.

tiredblondy
11-14-2009, 03:24 AM
Surely the Dad visited the Mom's residence...unless Social Services did the transporting. Wonder where Dad thought Mom lived?

Wonder where Social Services thought Mom lived!

gis_geek
11-14-2009, 03:34 AM
This is my first post but I have been following this forum and trying to join since I first heard about this case.

I have read a lot about Shaniya living with her mom for the past 3 weeks and there has been a lot of speculation as to why the Dad would have allowed this etc. But i think that its possible that maybe Shaniya wasn't living with dad either....maybe she was staying with a grandparent or in foster care. Maybe it wasn't Dad who made the choice to let Shaniya go to live with mom...or maybe because Shaniya wasn't living with him and he was busy with work he was encouraged that she had a job and place to live and hopeful, so he didn't object to Mom taking her from where she was previously staying.

Maybe she wasn't really close to either parent...

Charlie09
11-14-2009, 03:45 AM
I have a daughter that just turned six - anytime from 3am-6:30 or so she's going to be pretty groggy, and I can start to carry her asleep, but she'll wake up mid carry. We babysit for some friends of mine, and my friend's husband usually carries her out to the car. To me Shaniya looks like she's been awakened and is half asleep, but she doesn't look afraid.

The crossed legs could actually be having to go to the bathroom. I know I tell my daughter "we've only got a little bit to go, just try to hold it"

I don't think the blanket and the poo is anything more than the sewage back up in the trailer.

I think people forget how high profile child abductions get quickly. With that said, I live in southern california and have only seen this here and my mom saw it on Nancy Grace at some point today.

I'm not trying to bait anyone - but my gut feeling is this is a family issue that is escalated by race issues.

Also not trivializing it, but you know how when there are police chases, you always wonder "why the hell did you run, you can't run from the police?" but every now and then someone actually does? I think this is a family issue that they think will eventually calm down. I'm not sure I think it's for money, I think it's just one side of the family wanting the child, and knowing that the mom wasn't going to be able to keep custody.

I could be totally wrong, but that's my two cents.

winterrose
11-14-2009, 03:46 AM
This is my first post but I have been following this forum and trying to join since I first heard about this case.

I have read a lot about Shaniya living with her mom for the past 3 weeks and there has been a lot of speculation as to why the Dad would have allowed this etc. But i think that its possible that maybe Shaniya wasn't living with dad either....maybe she was staying with a grandparent or in foster care. Maybe it wasn't Dad who made the choice to let Shaniya go to live with mom...or maybe because Shaniya wasn't living with him and he was busy with work he was encouraged that she had a job and place to live and hopeful, so he didn't object to Mom taking her from where she was previously staying.

Hi,I'm actually wondering what the female LE spokesperson meant by there's been alot of custody issues and living in different family members homes recently.I also wonder if the Dad had custody when I heard that on the video.

Charlie09
11-14-2009, 03:47 AM

I don't think an uninvolved dad feels as much passion as this dad shows. :twocents:

winterrose
11-14-2009, 03:53 AM
She has her Mom's last name,Dad never had her name changed to his.The article said she lived with the Dad for three or four years,but did he have her living with one of his relatives and then decide to give her to the Mom?

not_my_kids
11-14-2009, 04:31 AM
FWIW 100% convinced over here that that is Shaniya and she is alive in the pictures. She's holding her head up and looking around. That tells me she's alive and not drugged.
And family and witnesses confirmed it's her.

RJA00
11-14-2009, 04:41 AM
LOL!

O/T

I tried to call nancy, i sat there and stared at the screen, i mean she was talking about me,

I just cant mark her bad for putting her child on the couch at 5 30 am

I do believe she is alive and my belief this will probably boil down to custody issues jmo

RJA00
11-14-2009, 04:56 AM
ok did the father have custody on paper ?

I am behind on this case if this has been addressed im sorry

my son half brothers live with there ggrandmother
I was at court when this was done

the judge told her she could not let them go back when ever she wanted it had to be done through the court system

judge said if she let them go back and something happend she could be charged with neglect

smart blonde
11-14-2009, 05:52 AM
I have to just inject something that's really bothering me ... The way the guy is holding her in the hotel pictures. It just struck me why it disturbs me so much,it looks like he's attempting to carry her with absolute minimal contact,especially skin contact. She looks just propped on his arms rather than carefully embraced.

The hotel seems way too pricey for someone as dirt poor looking as him,he must be delivering her to someone else or he'd choose his home,an abandoned building or cheap motel to take her to. I hope they are watching the airports and out-of-town train stations. Guess I worry she was kidnapped to be sold to someone. :(

Good Lord I pray she is safe and not in the hands of some pedophile group or drug dealers and will be let go home soon.
SpicedTea- You typed out, word for word, exactly what I was thinking after seeing the hotel pics.

What you write about him taking her to a hotel makes perfect sense- I, too feel he is delivering her to someone else. I fear the someone else wants her for 'personal use' (ugh), or for some kind of child pornography.

The way she has her knees clamped together causes me much distress, and makes me worry that he has already started, what someone else is going to finish.

My heart is breaking for this precious child, I want her found
safe, and out of harms way.

belimom
11-14-2009, 07:36 AM

She had the other child...

That's what I'm thinking - that the custody issue may be related to the other child.

bessie
11-14-2009, 07:44 AM
I don't see anything alarming about her body language. The manner in which he is holding her is pushing her knees inward, causing the lower legs to bow. Ever been tubing?

Mia
11-14-2009, 07:54 AM
I know we're all extra vigilant about child predators because we're websleuthers, but FWIW I really don't think this case is involves any molestation of Shaniya. There's no evidence this guy McNeill is a sex offender of any kind, much less a child sex offender, and IMO he just doesn't seem like the type. A thug, yes, but sex offender no. I don't see anything in Shaniya's body language in the hotel images that suggests she's drugged, particularly scared, or has experienced any sort of physical trauma. This definitely seems like an issue of custody, plain and simple. Ok maybe not plain and simple, but... I don't believe Shaniya is dead or harmed.

The selling of the child for nefarious purposes or to pay a drug debt just seems completely wild and unbelievable. Drug dealers try their hardest to stay UNDER the radar - the last thing they'd want to get involved in is the kidnapping or trafficking of a child.

imamaze
11-14-2009, 08:01 AM
New Thread. Please Continue Here

Will close this thread in a few.

gmomto2
11-14-2009, 08:07 AM
The way he is holding her is like someone delivering a pizza or holding an inanimate object. It's not the way you would hold a child. It's like he is presenting her to someone. Would he have had to register if he was only visiting someone in the hotel? Maybe he told her he was taking her to see her daddy to get her to come along quietly.

I really feel she has been sold. We should all keep our eyes open. She could be anywhere in the world by now. I pray she is found safe and sound.

belimom
11-14-2009, 08:07 AM
Would it be considered uncharacteristic for a predator to take a child victim to a motel room? IMO, yes, but I dunno...

The whole case seems odd. What are the chances that...

1- the blanket w/feces just happens to be thrown away the same evening this child disappears

2- the mom just happens to put her down on the living room couch the night she disappears when Coe said he's never seen her out there (if either one of these statements is true)

3- someone would kidnap a child and then go to a hotel

4- mcneil took her by chance b/c moment of opportunity

This was planned. More than one person is involved. Someone inside that trailer KNEW it was going to happen - mom/sister/bf --- someone. Mcneil just didn't randomly decide to take this child, imho. If he was there and was leaving and just decided to take her, then he would've been mentioned much earlier and Coe would not have been arrested. LE would've said "MAMc was in the home and we believe he is POI", etc, etc. Never said.

Either he was not in the home and Coe took the child to him then went to his stepmother's. Or, Mcneil took this child as part of a plan. I don't think Mcneil took her for himself.

Either she's with maternal extended family, or she's been sold/traded... I really hope it's the former and not the latter.