PDA

View Full Version : Urgent:The FCC Won't Help KlaasKids Find the Missing./FCC Finally Provides Answer

Tricia
11-15-2009, 09:09 PM
********UPDATE********

We received an answer from the FCC. Click here (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91608&page=5)and go to post 117

IF YOU ENJOY WEBSLEUTHS THEN PLEASE DO THIS FOR THE FORUM AND FOR THE MISSING CHILDREN. READ ON AND TAKE 3 MINUTES TO ACT. THANK YOU.

http://www.klaaskids.org/pg-truckerTV.htm

Why won’t the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) give the OK for a Truckers Network to help find missing children?

In a nutshell KlaasKids along with Clarity Media want to put in TV service with 70 channels of programming directed at the long haul trucker in hundreds of Flying J Truck Stops. This programming would include information on Amber Alerts, and missing people. Since it involves all aspects of TV including, satellite, local programming, national programming, the FCC has to give the OK.

THE FCC HAS NOT GIVEN PERMISSION FOR THIS PROJECT TO GO FORWARD. DEATH ROW INMATES AND CONVICTED TERRORISTS HAVE EASY ACCESS TO TV, BUT NOT LONG HAUL TRUCK DRIVERS!!! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE THAT MUST BE CORRECTED. TRUCKER TV WILL SAVE THE LIVES OF COUNTLESS CHILDREN.

Until the FCC approves this project nothing can move forward.
2 million truckers would see the Amber Alerts, 2 million truckers would see the stories about missing teenagers who end up prostituting themselves at TRUCK STOPS.

Do you see the potential here for many happy endings? Truckers are our eyes and ears on the highways. You let these truckers know there is an Amber Alert for a small child you know they will be watching and looking for them.
It was a long haul trucker who caught the D.C. Sniper but ONLY because he was watching TV. Imagine how much sooner the D.C. sniper would have been caught if this information was immediately available on TV networks at all Flying J Truck Stops.

This is an outrage.

You have to help us. It takes 3 minutes. Go to KlaasKids.org (http://www.klaaskids.org/pg-truckerTV.htm) and read about this situation. Then click on the button at the bottom and email the FCC and Marc Klaas. Express your outrage. PLEASE DO IT POLITELY BUT FIRMLY. No one is going to read an obnoxious email filled with foul language.

DO NOT WAIT PLEASE WRITE NOW!!!!

Tricia
11-15-2009, 09:17 PM
What you need to do PLEASE is sent the link to your friends and have them send it to their friends.

This is our chance to prove we can make things happen. We can make a difference. PLEASE DO NOT PUT THIS OFF.

Check in here and let us know how you are doing with spreading the word.

Tricia
PS. Take this to other forums PLEASE>

Cubby
11-15-2009, 11:24 PM
Done and I posted the same message at my single parents forum asking they do the same! There are approximately 7000 members at that forum, so hopefully some will forward this on as well!

Thank you for making us aware of this Tricia!

Tricia
11-15-2009, 11:32 PM
Thanks Cubby. This is a very true grass roots effort. Just think of half of the people in your forum sends out the message to 4 people and those 4 people send it out to 5 people and on and on and on.

THis is our chance to show everyone that Websleuths, when the cause is a good one, we will come together and make things happen.

mimimama5
11-16-2009, 12:38 PM
Ok, done and done! I sent my email, and was able to forward this info over to my father in law, who is a long haul driver. I have every confidence that the truckers want this to happen as badly as we all do!

Tricia
11-16-2009, 04:18 PM
Dear Everyone,

I just spoke to Marc. When you click on the link on his site to email the FCC it also goes to Klaaskids.

Marc just told me that only 10 people have written.

10 people.

I am hoping and praying it is just a busy day. If we don't get a ton more people this will fail.

KT Can
11-16-2009, 05:03 PM
Dear Everyone,

I just spoke to Marc. When you click on the link on his site to email the FCC it also goes to Klaaskids.

Marc just told me that only 10 people have written.

10 people.

I am hoping and praying it is just a busy day. If we don't get a ton more people this will fail.

I will get it done tonight for sure....darn work computer!

tidbit
11-16-2009, 05:29 PM
Just sent my e-mail. I will forward the info to friends who will forward to friends. Thanks, Tricia.

LookyLu
11-16-2009, 07:07 PM
Just sent my email and will forward on tonight. Thanks for this info Tricia! This is our opportunity to make a difference and have our voice heard.

Lu

wasalurker
11-16-2009, 07:25 PM
My email has been sent and I have forwarded the info to my family and friends and have asked them to forward also.
Together we can make this happen.

cc81
11-16-2009, 07:31 PM
have sent a message out to all listed in my address book, will compose a message to Marc and the FCC later tonight once my lil ones have gone to bed.

Being a truckers wife, I know how important this measure could and should be!
Marc's message about Morgan (with the latest news stating she may of hitchhiked) wow, thinking about all the truck stops along the routes leading away from Charlottesville and how many times my husband has stopped at nearly all of those... how often those truck stops are completely filled and there being no open spots for trucks to park at night... hundreds of thousands of truckers would know more, just in VA(!!!) at least about Morgan, than I'm sure most know now... not to mention all the other persons that are missing...

I stand behind this measure, even if it just ends in 'the missing' being aired, 100% !!!!!

JSV
11-16-2009, 07:53 PM
I just sent a letter .My hubby is an over the road trucker .He thinks it's a great idea if the FCC will just approve it .I am sending the link to all my family and friends .
Thank you for making us aware of this Tricia! I just saw it a few min. ago .

passionflower
11-16-2009, 07:57 PM
Same here, Truckers are the eyes of America.......they should be awarded a big Thanks because they do help LE find people and cars!

CarrieBean
11-16-2009, 08:25 PM
I just sent an email. I really hope this thing gets going.

Disguiseduser0308
11-17-2009, 12:56 AM
Email sent. TY to Klasskids for working so hard for missing children.

Jersey*Girl
11-17-2009, 01:07 AM
Tricia, does Klaas have a MySpace a/c where he can send a bulletin msg to everyone and they can also forward it on? Can the same thing be done on Facebook? I think this is a great idea what he's doing. Very commendable!

nostoneunturned
11-17-2009, 01:19 AM
My letter was sent,suggesting a MILLION MARCH against the abuse of our children. This is just crazy that any useful tool would take 3 years and still not be in use. We need to get rules passed that no S.O. can live with-in 10 miles of a school. It might not help but it sure wouldn't hurt.

Tricia
11-17-2009, 01:23 AM
Yes he does and so do I. I have been swamped but I am getting to it now, I hope, barring any unforeseen catastrophes :)

Thank you guys. I really appreciate you jumping in and helping.

Don't forget Marc is going to be here tonight for a live chat. 7 PM pacific and 10 PM eastern.

Here is the link to the instructions for our chat.

Chat open for discussion all day, every day! - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Marc will discuss Shaniya's case and all of the current events. You can ask questions of Marc too.

Off to try and figure out how to get this on face book.

Thanks again everyone.
Tricia

smart blonde
11-17-2009, 03:06 AM
Done. I sent my e-mail, and will now be spreading the word to my friends, and everyone on my e-mail lists.

LaLaw2000
11-17-2009, 04:48 AM
Done!

Tricia
11-17-2009, 07:39 AM
Love ya, each and everyone of ya, I do.

JSV
11-17-2009, 11:44 AM
I sent my letter 2 times last night and again just now .It wont go thru .It says undelivered mail returned to sender .is anyone else having this problem ? TIA

Tricia
11-17-2009, 11:52 AM
I sent my letter 2 times last night and again just now .It wont go thru .It says undelivered mail returned to sender .is anyone else having this problem ? TIA

I'll send your complaint to Marc now. I'm heading out but will be back later this afternoon..

SuziQ
11-17-2009, 01:23 PM
There was another letter writing campaign just a week or so ago. It was set up really neat. Letter was already written and it just took a click or two. I can't remember thread, but it was regarding a unified missing person UID database. Maybe Mark can set this up like that one was?

milliac
11-17-2009, 06:09 PM
Thanks. I will add it to my FB and email tonight when home. I also have several clients that are Truck Drivers and will spread the word.

Tricia
11-17-2009, 07:43 PM
There was another letter writing campaign just a week or so ago. It was set up really neat. Letter was already written and it just took a click or two. I can't remember thread, but it was regarding a unified missing person UID database. Maybe Mark can set this up like that one was?

Problem is the same letter over and over won't impress the FCC. They need to see we are really and truly aware of what they are NOT doing when it comes to finding the missing.

I like the idea SuziQ and it does work in a lot of cases but not this one I am afraid.

Thnak you to everyone who has taken the time to write.

To be honest I am a bit disappointed. I thought we would have a couple of thousand letters by now. We have 45. That's it. I told Marc we could flood the FCC with heartfelt complaints.

Hopefully, after the chat tonight with Marc, people will take a few minutes and do this. If not then I don't know what to say. It only takes a few minutes and we could make such a difference. I don't understand.

This is not to take away from the great emails that have been written. Again, Thank you so very much.

Tricia

Isabella
11-17-2009, 08:58 PM
I have emailed also.

I'll ask my husband to email also when he gets up :)

badhorsie
11-18-2009, 03:31 AM
Can I do this from England? My Dad was a Long Haul Trucker, I agree, they are our eyes and ears on the roads...

LookyLu
11-18-2009, 09:28 AM
I agree with SuzieQ that a prewritten letter would be easier but see that in this case it just would not work....SO what I did when I sent out my note to all my email addys (and asked them to forward it also) is included a few short and sweet suggestions for them. I figured they wouldn't notice some duplication in all the mix. THat may help, yeah? I hope so anyway! Also added it to my facebook page.

*I emailed everyone early this morning so I'm hoping they join the cause. I just don't understand why everyone wouldn't!

Tricia
11-18-2009, 09:40 AM
I agree with SuzieQ that a prewritten letter would be easier but see that in this case it just would not work....SO what I did when I sent out my note to all my email addys (and asked them to forward it also) is included a few short and sweet suggestions for them. I figured they wouldn't notice some duplication in all the mix. THat may help, yeah? I hope so anyway! Also added it to my facebook page.

*I emailed everyone early this morning so I'm hoping they join the cause. I just don't understand why everyone wouldn't!

Perfect. Thank you. That is a great idea. Give your friends a few paragraphs to use. WHOOO HOOO. I like it. :)

Tricia
11-18-2009, 09:41 AM
Can I do this from England? My Dad was a Long Haul Trucker, I agree, they are our eyes and ears on the roads...

Absolutely. Do not hesitate.

magnolia
11-18-2009, 11:34 AM
~E-mail sent~ Will send link to all friends and family in my address book.

salvarenga
11-18-2009, 05:01 PM
E-mail sent. Thanks for posting this.

sillybilly
11-18-2009, 06:29 PM
Sent my email, posted the info in the Victoria Stafford thread, and on another major site where members are concerned about missing children. Will be contacting Jessie Foster's mom (who has email addys that would sink a ship).

Thought it was such an excellent suggestion in chat last nite about the Teamsters Union, so hoping someone can find a contact there to disseminate the link. Another suggestion would be the National Education Association (3.2 million members). Anyone have any ideas for contacts there? Also AARP (American Association of Retired Persons).

Craigslist certainly comes to mind, but I'm going to put more thought into that (don't want bunch of freaks emailing Marc with nonsense). Am trying to contact someone there (arghhhh) to see if a post of this nature would or would not be allowed on Craiglist.

Tricia
11-18-2009, 11:30 PM
Thank you so much everyone for those of you who have done this.

I feel terrible. People are not writing. You guys have but not many others.

Here is what Marc wrote to me just a bit ago:

I had a great time last night, although I'm stunned that there have been so few responses. I'ts almost like websleuthers would rather sit around talking about stuff than doing something about it.

I don't know what to say to him. We have thousands of people read at Websleuths. Any ideas on how I can get people to sit up and take notice on the forum?

zadari
11-18-2009, 11:45 PM
i sent him a letter but i have no idea if he got it he hasnt replied

sillybilly
11-19-2009, 12:42 AM
Most members have their favorite threads, and don't mosey around the board as much as others. It's only been 24 hrs, so I think it's going to take a bit more time for the word to get out.

Tricia, I don't know if this is possible for your webmaster to do easily, but at the top of this page is your "CALL TO ACTION" notice. If that could be placed in RED at the top of each forum/thread, maybe it could help. Also, I'm not very tech-savvy, but there might even be a way of intercepting the member log-in feature with a message.

Right now, we're a pretty small crew in this thread, but maybe we could each take X number of threads to post the info with specific wording and a link to Marc's page. Let me know if and how I/we can help.

PS: I emailed Jessie Foster's mom, Glendene and have asked her to send the info out to her multitiude of contacts. Also have posted the info and link on the AMW message forum (sorry if it's a competitor, but can't hurt).

Oh God !! I just realized how many threads we have here at WS ... would take an army I guess. Now you know why I'm sillybilly.

petra
11-19-2009, 09:22 AM
Sent one and DH sent too, yesterday. No response yet, but assume it went throught.
Maybe .......your post can be sent oover to individual threads by us somehow a couple of times a day???
Come on folks, let us take some action NOW!!!!!
Thanks

Salem
11-19-2009, 01:39 PM
In chat on Tuesday night, I offered to put together some wording that could be used in emails to the FCC. I am working on this, but found I needed additional information from Klaaskids before writing such an email.

The information I am looking for is exactly when truckers would have access to the cable tv - just while resting or also while driving? How long the proposal has been stuck at the FCC? If the FCC has ever released Notices for Public Comment or taken ANY action on the proposal?

If anyone else here has already looked into these things, I would appreciate any info you can provide. I have tried to research this proposal on the FCC site, but I have not been able to come up with anything concrete yet.

TIA,

Salem

Salem
11-19-2009, 01:46 PM
Thank you so much everyone for those of you who have done this.

I feel terrible. People are not writing. You guys have but not many others.

Here is what Marc wrote to me just a bit ago:

I had a great time last night, although I'm stunned that there have been so few responses. I'ts almost like websleuthers would rather sit around talking about stuff than doing something about it.

I don't know what to say to him. We have thousands of people read at Websleuths. Any ideas on how I can get people to sit up and take notice on the forum?

Tricia - ask Marc for patience. With all the computer gliches at the airports going on right now, little attention will be paid to us anyway. If we can get responses out by tomorrow or over the weekend, I think it will be good.

Second - I, personally need more info. I have sent Klaaskids an email and am waiting for a response. I'm one of those people that want to know what song is playing before I jump on the band wagon.

Third - I support Marc in his efforts to get this to happen! I want a tv station where we can have actual stories of the missing, and unidentified as much, if not more, than many, many others. I'm behind him all the way. That means I want and need info. I want any messages I send to the FCC to be helpful and to sound like I know what I am talking about.

And you can send him this email if you want :)

Salem

sniperacer
11-19-2009, 02:06 PM
First, I am not a trucker and there are not a lot of "Flying J's" in southern CA.

Here is what I read from Marc's site:

The U.S. Department of Transportation requires America’s 2-million long haul truck drivers to spend 10-hours or more per day resting. Flying J provides a variety of vital services to long haul truckers making it a popular and viable rest destination. However, one service that truck drivers have never been able to access is basic television service. Clarity has proposed to provide 70 channels of television programming – local stations, national cable and satellite channels, and its own specially originated program channels to entertain and inform long haul truckers during federally mandated rest stops.

The bold by me.

Does this mean as of now Flying J's / truck stops do not have any TV service? So is Marc / Klasskids asking for new TV's and service be installed at various truck stops -or- simply an new channel for missing kids?

Thanks

sillybilly
11-19-2009, 02:12 PM
Don't ban me Tricia ;)

I did a short blitz in today's Missing/Located threads. If anything, peeps will read just to find out who the idiot is that's spamming the board.

I still trust that WSrs will come through, and agree that it is just going to take a bit more time for the word to get around

indicat
11-19-2009, 02:17 PM
I get on and off this site randomly everyday and did not see this until now. I think with all the hot cases right now not everyone is seeing this, hopefully more will!

eta; I don't have microsoft outlook on my home computer, is there another link he can add? The button that's on there now is not going to work for me. thanks!!

sillybilly
11-19-2009, 02:23 PM
I get on and off this site randomly everyday and did not see this until now. I think with all the hot cases right now not everyone is seeing this, hopefully more will!

I agree indicat. WSrs aren't just a bunch of slackers, but it may take a few days for word to get around. I tried to blitz the most active threads and have to go out this aft, but will keep posting the message over the next few days unless Tricia gives me a smack and tells me to cool my jets for whatever reason :)

sillybilly
11-19-2009, 02:29 PM
Does this mean as of now Flying J's / truck stops do not have any TV service? So is Marc / Klasskids asking for new TV's and service be installed at various truck stops -or- simply an new channel for missing kids?

My understanding is they don't have TV now and this will provide 70 channels free, with the default channel being the missing kids channel.

chesterp
11-19-2009, 02:51 PM
IF YOU ENJOY WEBSLEUTHS THEN PLEASE DO THIS FOR THE FORUM AND FOR THE MISSING CHILDREN. READ ON AND TAKE 3 MINTUES TO ACT. THANK YOU.

Why won’t the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) give the OK for a Truckers Network to help find missing children?

In a nutshell KlaasKids along with Clarity Media want to put in TV service with 70 channels of programming directed at the long haul trucker in hundreds of Flying J Truck Stops. This programming would include information on Amber Alerts, and missing people. Since it involves all aspects of TV including, satellite, local programming, national programming, the FCC has to give the OK.

THE FCC HAS NOT GIVEN PERMISSION FOR THIS PROJECT TO GO FORWARD. DEATH ROW INMATES AND CONVICTED TERRORISTS HAVE EASY ACCESS TO TV, BUT NOT LONG HAUL TRUCK DRIVERS!!! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE THAT MUST BE CORRECTED. TRUCKER TV WILL SAVE THE LIVES OF COUNTLESS CHILDREN.

Until the FCC approves this project nothing can move forward.
2 million truckers would see the Amber Alerts, 2 million truckers would see the stories about missing teenagers who end up prostituting themselves at TRUCK STOPS.

Do you see the potential here for many happy endings? Truckers are our eyes and ears on the highways. You let these truckers know there is an Amber Alert for a small child you know they will be watching and looking for them.
It was a long haul trucker who caught the D.C. Sniper but ONLY because he was watching TV. Imagine how much sooner the D.C. sniper would have been caught if this information was immediately available on TV networks at all Flying J Truck Stops.

This is an outrage.

You have to help us. It takes 3 minutes. Go to KlaasKids.org (http://www.klaaskids.org/pg-truckerTV.htm) and read about this situation. Then click on the button at the bottom and email the FCC and Marc Klaas. Express your outrage. PLEASE DO IT POLITELY BUT FIRMLY. No one is going to read an obnoxious email filled with foul language.

DO NOT WAIT PLEASE WRITE NOW!!!!

Mail undeliverable...I sent my letter...returned.

The Postfix program

<Ian.Williams@flyingj.com> (expanded from <Ian.Williams@fjcomm.com>): host
mail.flyingj.com[204.110.224.33] said: 554 5.7.1 rr.com is blacklisted. (in
reply to RCPT TO command)

Tricia
11-19-2009, 03:07 PM
Mail undeliverable...I sent my letter...returned.

The Postfix program

<Ian.Williams@flyingj.com> (expanded from <Ian.Williams@fjcomm.com>): host
mail.flyingj.com[204.110.224.33] said: 554 5.7.1 rr.com is blacklisted. (in
reply to RCPT TO command)

Chesterp, please try again. Also, I'll send this info to Marc's tech guy. Thank you for putting it in your post.

Tricia

Tricia
11-19-2009, 03:08 PM
Sent my email, posted the info in the Victoria Stafford thread, and on another major site where members are concerned about missing children. Will be contacting Jessie Foster's mom (who has email addys that would sink a ship).

Thought it was such an excellent suggestion in chat last nite about the Teamsters Union, so hoping someone can find a contact there to disseminate the link. Another suggestion would be the National Education Association (3.2 million members). Anyone have any ideas for contacts there? Also AARP (American Association of Retired Persons).

Craigslist certainly comes to mind, but I'm going to put more thought into that (don't want bunch of freaks emailing Marc with nonsense). Am trying to contact someone there (arghhhh) to see if a post of this nature would or would not be allowed on Craiglist.

Thank You so much. This is what we need to do. Find places to send the info to so others will email.
THANK YOU.

Tricia
11-19-2009, 03:13 PM
Most members have their favorite threads, and don't mosey around the board as much as others. It's only been 24 hrs, so I think it's going to take a bit more time for the word to get out.

Tricia, I don't know if this is possible for your webmaster to do easily, but at the top of this page is your "CALL TO ACTION" notice. If that could be placed in RED at the top of each forum/thread, maybe it could help. Also, I'm not very tech-savvy, but there might even be a way of intercepting the member log-in feature with a message.

Right now, we're a pretty small crew in this thread, but maybe we could each take X number of threads to post the info with specific wording and a link to Marc's page. Let me know if and how I/we can help.

PS: I emailed Jessie Foster's mom, Glendene and have asked her to send the info out to her multitiude of contacts. Also have posted the info and link on the AMW message forum (sorry if it's a competitor, but can't hurt).

Oh God !! I just realized how many threads we have here at WS ... would take an army I guess. Now you know why I'm sillybilly.

I am in the process of posting an announcement on all the threads. It is in the announcement at the top of every forum but I don't think people click on it all the time.

It's in my signature and on the front page. It's just hard to get people to do things. That is the nature of things. I know everyone is overly busy and stressed. I get it. I am praying we can get enough letters to the FCC to get this done that's why we are here. Do make a difference. Now we have a chance.

Tricia

Peachy
11-19-2009, 04:00 PM
Email sent... and sent emails to all in my family and friends asking for their help. Two have already replied back that they sent emails and have sent a request to all of their family and friends to get in on this too.

I think many people (from WS and elsewhere) will be responding over the weekend and through out the week. People are currently caught up in their personal lives with a holiday coming up and several very active cases (with, I'm sure, every intention to send their email). Tricia, please ask Marc to be patient. We can and will get the word out and get those emails sent. We can make a difference and get this proposal passed. :)

Tricia
11-19-2009, 04:04 PM
I know we can. I have talked to Marc today and he is fine. He loves Websleuths. It's just so surprising to see so few emails with so many people here. We have be at this since Monday.

If anyone understands the stress of life it is me. Please understand I am just trying to light a fire and get people's attention. I would not do this if the project wasn't literally a matter of life and death for our kids.

No one is a "bad" person if they don't email the FCC. You're busy, overloaded, and too much to deal with. Me too. :) I'm just trying to get your attention.

I have a feeling that Marc's going to quickly change his assessment. :)

Tricia

SuziQ
11-19-2009, 04:24 PM
I sent my letter. I hope it helps.

Salem
11-19-2009, 04:31 PM
Okay - well I am disappointed. I have emailed Klaaskids asking for additional info and have heard nothing back! What are they doing?

Salem

sillybilly
11-19-2009, 04:38 PM
Maybe all you moms and dads can send it out to your local Parent & Teachers' Associations (especially in locales where there are missing victims). Could try local school boards, but generally this type of thing would require superintendent's approval which could take weeks and may or may not happen. By going directly to the PTAs, this bypasses a large part of the bureaucratic approval process

Peachy
11-19-2009, 04:50 PM
Tricia, is there a deadline? I mean, I know this needed to be done oh about three years ago, but a deadline might help get people motivated, as in do this NOW.

Bttrcookie3
11-19-2009, 05:07 PM
i just sent in my email and posted it on my facebook to get out to all of my family and friends. sorry i did not see this earlier!!

Salem
11-19-2009, 05:29 PM
Okay - never mind. I found the info I was looking for. I'll be back in a couple of hours :)

Salem

milliac
11-19-2009, 05:41 PM
OK. I sent mine. My delay was in figuring out what to write. Sometimes a sample letter gets us people going in the right direction. ;-)

crocus
11-19-2009, 05:45 PM
Sent mine. http://www.millan.net/minimations/toolminis/xother_winky.gif (http://www.millan.net)

sillybilly
11-19-2009, 06:01 PM
Have been flooding the most current threads on the board ... even I'm getting sick of seeing my old goat avatar . May have to change that or go into the WS witness protection program here ;)

Last I looked Tricia, the number of views of your message had increased to 609, so will probably keep rising. Hopefully the exponential factor will kick in soon and Marc will start to see better results.

petra
11-19-2009, 06:25 PM
OK. I sent mine. My delay was in figuring out what to write. Sometimes a sample letter gets us people going in the right direction. ;-)

I agree, I have no idea if the letter I sent was correct in its info, forceful enough or will have any impact at all!!!
It was pretty wishy-washy to be honest....:blushing:

petra
11-19-2009, 06:27 PM
Have been flooding the most current threads on the board ... even I'm getting sick of seeing my old goat avatar . May have to change that or go into the WS witness protection program here ;)

Last I looked Tricia, the number of views of your message had increased to 609, so will probably keep rising. Hopefully the exponential factor will kick in soon and Marc will start to see better results.

Great job, sillybilly!!
I see them.
I tried earlier this morn, but only got to one thread-Sommers,"and it was quickly swollowed up in the posts.:crazy:

sillybilly
11-19-2009, 06:39 PM
Great job, sillybilly!!
I see them.
I tried earlier this morn, but only got to one thread-Sommers,"and it was quickly swollowed up in the posts.:crazy:

Yes, I'm going to be annoying as all get out over the next few days, so bear with me. I think the secret is to watch the most viewed and active threads and zip in again (i.e. one thread I posted to today had 70+ viewers, but that same number of viewers won't necessarily be the same peeps all the time).

I just sent the following email to the Executive Director of Teachers Saving Children. For others so inclined, if you have an email addy for someone involved in child safety (local LE, PTAs, Child Find organizations, anybody !!), feel free to copy and paste the following (REMEMBER TO CHANGE THE SALUTATION AND THE CLOSING; use a reasonably business-like font and for the subject line try "Attn: Persons Name - re Missing Children"):

Dear Ms (Mr. etc),

I am sending this email on behalf of Mr. Marc Klaas, well-known missing children advocate and founder of KlassKids.org. Mr. Klaas is making a plea to all those concerned about missing children to email the Federal Communications Commission in support of a proposal to have Trucker Tv made available free of charge at all Flying J truckstops with a default channel highlighting the missing children in America.

For an overview of this proposal, please visit www.klaasKids.org/pg-truckerTV.htm[/url

Please take approximately 3 minutes to read the information on the above website, click the REPLY button, express your support or voice your concerns, click SEND. All emails received will be collected by Marc Klaas and presented to the FCC whose approval is long overdue on this very important matter.

Kindly forward the above information to any and all individuals you believe would be interested in supporting this important endeavour.

This may be the most important action your organization can ever take on behalf of missing children. Thank you for your time, and hopefully your support.

Sincerely,

Jane Doe
supporter of KlaasKids.org and member of Websleuths.com

JSV
11-19-2009, 06:46 PM
I had the same problem as Chesterp . I copied and pasted info into my yahoo e-mail along with my letter and it went thru .My hubby just sent a letter also .He is a truck driver and he let them know he is a truck driver , and how important it is for the FCC to pass it.

crocus
11-19-2009, 07:06 PM
I had the same problem as Chesterp . I copied and pasted info into my yahoo e-mail along with my letter and it went thru .My hubby just sent a letter also .He is a truck driver and he let them know he is a truck driver , and how important it is for the FCC to pass it.

I had the same problem and did the same as you!

I hope that others who have a problem will come to same conclusion as we did and send their letters!

Salem
11-19-2009, 07:17 PM
Okay guys, as promised, here is what I am writing. You may use it however you like. Modify it, rewrite it, use it verbatim, whatever makes you comfortable. It is long - but most of you know I like to type :)

Dear FCC Commissioners:
I am writing today on behalf of Clarity Media (Clarity) and Klaaskids Foundation to ask you to expedite the review of the Media Bureau's order denying Clarity Media's request for waiver of portions of the Part 78 Rules to Operate Multichannel Television Distribution Systems. Clarity Media would operate such distribution facilities at Flying J Travel Plazas. Flying J Travel Plazas are rest stops, throughout the United States, commonly used by long-haul truck drivers and other RV/automobile travelers.
My understanding is that the FCC may grant waivers when it can be shown that the waiver will support the underlying goal of the rule and/or when the waiver would be in the public’s best interest.
Clarity proposes to provide cable TV to the users of its Flying J Travel Plazas. In addition, Clarity proposes to establish a public outreach channel that will keep travelers updated, in real time, of the crimes and/or criminals that may be using America’s highways at any given moment.
I firmly believe that Clarity’s proposal is in the best interest of the American public. First, it would provide a service to long-haul truck drivers that would aide them in relaxing during rest breaks, which is turn would make our highways safer. Second, it would aide law enforcement across the country in the search for abducted or missing children and adults.
Long-haul truck drivers are required by law to spend 10 hours a day, resting. Most drivers stop for food and restroom facilities before returning to the cabs of their trucks to try to relax and sleep. The ability to watch television in the cabs of their trucks would help many drivers relax, while keeping them updated on the activity around the nation. The CARS system, designed as a network to link population segments that cannot be connected by coaxial cable or fiber optics would be a perfect opportunity to reach these hard working Americans.
In addition, Clarity’s proposal to start a public safety and outreach channel, which would be the default channel anytime someone logged into the Flying J’s airwaves, has the potential to aid Law Enforcement across the country. This channel would air Amber Alerts and other information on abducted children and missing persons. Currently, Amber Alerts are broadcast locally. However, the reality of the situation is that a child abducted by a criminal in a car could be 60-75 miles within an hour, depending on how fast the criminal drove. This means that more than likely, the child will be outside their local broadcasting area by the time the Amber Alert is sounded. Local broadcasting misses audiences lying just outside the broadcasting area. It can take days for the Amber Alert to travel nationwide and reach the area where the child may have been taken. Many times, unless the abduction becomes a high profile case, it will never make national news. So the child abducted in California may never be recognized in Utah or Texas or New York.
Truckers do receive Amber Alerts over both public and shortwave radios, however, hearing the information just does not compare to seeing pictures of the endangered child or adult. A three foot tall, blonde, blue eyed description could fit a countless number of children. Whereby, if the trucker has the opportunity to see the picture of the child, the trucker, as the ears and eyes of America’s highways can be so much more effective.
You may know the story of Amber DuBois. A 14-year old, abducted in San Diego County on her way to school in February 2009. It is quite possible that Amber has become a victim of human trafficking. Amber could very well be working along highway corridors within our Southern states. An Amber Alert in San Diego will not alert a trucker in Oklahoma. Little Lindsey Baum out of McCleary, Washington who went missing in June 2009 may be in the same predicament. Local Amber Alerts are necessary and very helpful, but sometimes they miss the mark.
Clarity’s proposal, if approved, will not only help make our highways safer by providing opportunities for truckers to relax, thereby promoting better, healthier rest periods, it will also help law enforcement personnel get the jump on criminals that chose our American highways to escape.
I strongly urge you to make the Clarity Media review a high priority and allow Clarity the opportunity to provide these public safety services to our hard working truck drivers, our fellow recreational travelers, most importantly to America’s missing children.
Sincerely,

Salem

sillybilly
11-19-2009, 07:32 PM
Okay guys, as promised, here is what I am writing. You may use it however you like. Modify it, rewrite it, use it verbatim, whatever makes you comfortable. It is long - but most of you know I like to type :)

<snip>

Wow, that's a doozy salem. You made such excellent points.

Salem
11-19-2009, 07:41 PM
Thanks sillybilly - I tried to address some of the issues that were raised in the original denial of the waiver. Hopefully we can change their minds.

Salem

Aperture
11-19-2009, 08:04 PM
Email sent. Thank you for making us aware of this creative system they are proposing.

kiki the parrot
11-20-2009, 12:37 AM
Marc: DONE and DONE sent to everyone on email addy too so expect domino effect :)
Tricia: I've been living and breathing a grueling (Shaniya) case for past week... :prayer:
Just heard so thank you for your patience! Some of us are slow but steadfast :snail:
SillyBilly: you're right, some of us really need to get around the forum more :blushing:
Salem: you rock :rocker: you've got skills your letter to FCC is so well communicated :biggrin:
JerseyGirl: Thanks for ripping me away from this heartwrenching case to help! :heart:
Sleuthers: KEEP SPREADING THE WORD THIS IS A NO BRAINER, A REAL WIN-WIN! :thumb:

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn4/the_jazzmaster/animated_blue_sleeper_truck.gifhttp://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn4/the_jazzmaster/animated_green_semi_truck.gifhttp://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn4/the_jazzmaster/animated_red_sleeper_truck.gif

:parrot:

Tricia
11-20-2009, 12:46 AM
Okay - well I am disappointed. I have emailed Klaaskids asking for additional info and have heard nothing back! What are they doing?

Salem

What email did you send it to? What address?

Tricia
11-20-2009, 12:49 AM
Thank you guys so much. I have a feeling in the next 24 hours or so we are going to see a large spike in letters sent.

kiki the parrot
11-20-2009, 12:59 AM
Thank you guys so much. I have a feeling in the next 24 hours or so we are going to see a large spike in letters sent.

Agree! This really IS a no-brainer, a real WIN-WIN! I know Marc should see responses start to multiply exponentially!

:parrot:

Suthrnqt
11-20-2009, 01:09 AM
What you need to do PLEASE is sent the link to your friends and have them send it to their friends.

This is our chance to prove we can make things happen. We can make a difference. PLEASE DO NOT PUT THIS OFF.

Check in here and let us know how you are doing with spreading the word.

Tricia
PS. Take this to other forums PLEASE>

I just finished sending my e-mails and I made sure that the recipients knew I was a member of Websleuths. I also posted the link and info on my FB page.
If there is anything else I can do to help this cause, please let me know.
:woohoo:

lorann
11-20-2009, 01:39 AM

I also sent mine via yahoo. Boy, it sure wasn't as long or as thorough as the one above but hope it counts anyway.

LCoastMom
11-20-2009, 10:56 AM
I sent the email with a cc to Trish, should get the message across without jumping up and down and screaming, hey! Websleuth here...

Salem
11-20-2009, 11:03 AM
What email did you send it to? What address?

I used the contact email on the Klaaskids website. BUT - it doesn't matter anymore. I found the info I needed and posted and sent my email. I also sent it to my email list and I know at least 2 others have sent in emails.

So, it sounds like things are beginning to move now.

Good Luck Marc! We are behind you 100%!

Salem

Baznme
11-20-2009, 02:56 PM
Tricia, some posters on the other threads are having trouble getting an email through. Can we look into it. One poster said it's because she doesn't have a hotmail account. I don't know what that means but anything to alleviate the problems so they can get an email through to Mark.

sillybilly
11-20-2009, 03:04 PM
Suggestion ... Maybe Marc could contact Tom Hensley who is the President of the National Education Public Relations Association. Info and addy here:

http://www.nspra.org/nspra_board

believe09
11-20-2009, 04:10 PM
I think it is a great idea-but like Salem I read the PDF of the reasons for the denial. Clarity is proposing to stream 70 channels, only one of which is an Amber alert channel. Beyond that, they might end up streaming over or hijacking local channels...what is listed in the document as "interference." Additionally, I guess, the proposal for the waiver stated that the "incumbent" channel would be responsible for proving interference....and the FCC is not willing to take its finger out of the pie and make 11 blanket exceptions when the public good is being served by 1 of the 70 channels....

I am hoping that Clarity and Marc came up with a counter that would make this more palatable to the FCC??? The documents I found were old, so perhaps I have the wrong end of the stick? In any case, I sent a letter.....I like the concept a whole lot.

believe09
11-20-2009, 04:23 PM
Dear Mr. Klaas-

I read with interest the proposal regarding providing an Amber Alert/Missing Persons TV channel to truckers at their imposed rest stops during their runs. I think that the idea of an appeal targeted towards those who spend thousands of hours on the road is brilliant-especially given the areas of the country that they cover. On any given year, there are 800K missing persons on the books of state, local and federal law enforcement agencies. These cases are historically the most expensive and labor intensive. George Bush and the Department of Justice pioneered the use of technology to solve these cases when the law was signed allowing for free DNA testing of families of the missing as well as the 47K unidentified decedents that are here in the US. It is time for others to do their part to utilize advancements in the area of media communications to highlight the plight of the missing.

All it will take to justify the cost will be one cold case solved, one family's wounds healed or one child rescued from certain death.

Thank you for being such a champion to the cause of the Missing!!
Sincerely,

imamaze
11-20-2009, 05:32 PM
I sent my letter last night!!

Reader
11-20-2009, 06:24 PM
Just sent my letter.

Tricia
11-20-2009, 08:03 PM
I spoke to Marc earlier and he said the quality of the letters are the absolute best. Very articulate and very compelling. I am going to be changing my signature in a moment:)

We only have about 106 letters so far. Please don't give up. We can really make this happen.

Here is my vision for the future:

Websleuths helps Marc and Flying J get the Trucker's Network going, it becomes so popular that it goes to an Discovery or A&E. That is what I am hoping will happen.

We need a missing persons TV channel. Desperately.

Thank you and keep it up. Keep the letters coming.

badhorsie
11-21-2009, 06:06 AM
I have sent off a heartfelt email. Please, everyone do this

January.
11-21-2009, 12:11 PM
Help! When I click the "Respond" button on Mr. Klaas's website, nothing happens. Is there another way I can send my letter?

Salem
11-21-2009, 12:17 PM
klaaskids@pacbell.net

HTopel@lermansenter.com

Ian.Williams@fjcomm.com

January - send it to the 3 email addresses above.

There is an error in the cc addresses on the original email reply form on Klaaskids, but either copy and paste these or just enter them manually and you should be good to go.

Thank you for writing!

Salem

Tricia
11-21-2009, 02:04 PM
Thank you Salem. I have been in touch with Marc and they are working on the problem.

Thanks again and keep the letters coming,

Love,
Tricia

Turtles
11-21-2009, 02:24 PM
klaaskids@pacbell.net

HTopel@lermansenter.com

Ian.Williams@fjcomm.com

There is an error in the cc addresses on the original email reply form on Klaaskids, but either copy and paste these or just enter them manually and you should be good to go.

Thank you for writing!

Salem

I had the same problem but just put a ; between the 2 cc addresses

Tricia
11-21-2009, 03:17 PM
Leave it to Websleuths posters to figure it out.

THANK YOU for your patience and not giving up.

Do you realize we can literally be a part of history? I truly believe the Trucker's Network will become A Network for missing people. One that we can all watch 24/7. IMO that is what the other networks are worried about.

Tricia

Cubby
11-21-2009, 05:30 PM
klaaskids@pacbell.net

HTopel@lermansenter.com

Ian.Williams@fjcomm.com

Thank you for writing!

Salem

Thanks Salem. With this additional information, I have bumped the message I posted at my single parents forum twice. I'm hoping for even a few replies or forwards from that group.

thanks again!

Tricia
11-21-2009, 06:23 PM
Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

It's weird but it doesn't effect everyone. I had no problem with mine.

Levi
11-21-2009, 10:10 PM
Marc Klaas will be on my show Live tomorrow *Sunday to discuss this @ 10 PM EST / 9 CST. Here is the link if you want to listen in: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/levipage

January.
11-22-2009, 09:52 AM
Thank you Salem! I sent in my letter. I also requested a television channel devoted to getting missing childrens' information out there. The more people to be aware, the better.

songline
11-22-2009, 10:37 AM
I spoke to Marc earlier and he said the quality of the letters are the absolute best. Very articulate and very compelling. I am going to be changing my signature in a moment:)

We only have about 106 letters so far. Please don't give up. We can really make this happen.

Here is my vision for the future:

Websleuths helps Marc and Flying J get the Trucker's Network going, it becomes so popular that it goes to an Discovery or A&E. That is what I am hoping will happen.

We need a missing persons TV channel. Desperately.

Thank you and keep it up. Keep the letters coming.

Hi,
I sent my letter today....
But..I do not think that the E-mail to : (the CC address) HTopel@lermansenter.com,Ian.Williams@fjcomm.com
went through..... Only e-mail to Marc went through.....
Is it because I have outlook?
I will try again... but Marc's e-mail did go through.....:waitasec:

elepher50
11-22-2009, 11:06 AM
klaaskids@pacbell.net

HTopel@lermansenter.com

Ian.Williams@fjcomm.com

Thank you for writing!

Salem

Excellent Salem - I have been totally unable to get anything to happen by clicking on the reply in the link for Klaaskids. You are the best for spelling it out so clearly.
Eleph

elepher50
11-22-2009, 11:22 AM
Was just now able to get the letter sent - thanks Salem for the email addresses as the Reply was not working for me.

For anybody having the same issue just email the following addresses that Salem supplied:

klaaskids@pacbell.net

HTopel@lermansenter.com

Ian.Williams@fjcomm.com

DaisyBelle
11-22-2009, 11:23 AM
Just sent one from mine and one from hubby's email account. I really hope this helps!! Thank you Salem for the email you posted, didn't copy it verbatim, but it helped me start off!!!

nostoneunturned
11-22-2009, 02:06 PM
Here is my letter:

I believe there is a war on women and children going on and by these agencies blocking something so simple, and easy to put into use,that shows how big this "conspiracy is".....Why put up such road blocks to stop something that could be so helpful..Be part of the solution to the "war on women and children in the USA" not part of the problem...Help Mark Klass with TRUCKER TV

Reader
11-22-2009, 05:39 PM
I hope the count is going up!

Trying to think of some ways that would catch more attention from members:

What about setting a goal, like they do in meeting donations for United Way, etc.

Whatever is thought to be a reachable goal: 500, 1000, more?

Then have daily or at least weekly updates on the count. Maybe somebody who knows how can make one of those red thermometer thingees to show how far the goal is being reached, to give a visual. Suggested heading:

Every letter counts. Send yours today!

Sometimes people just think others are taking care of it and that their contribution will not help, this would show how much each letter counts and how many more are needed.

And there can be a little celebration when the goal is met. The admins could send everybody who sent a letter, thanks with a rose or a heart or a thumbs-up.

What do you think?

Tricia
11-22-2009, 07:54 PM
Now You Are Thinking!! I am meeting with our top minds at WS tonight. I'll run this by them.

Thank you so much. This is a great idea.

DotsEyes
11-23-2009, 09:56 PM
Just an FYI, there are 8 million RV owners that are each on the road for long treks at least a few times a year. The big RV's, like the motorhomes and 5th wheelers also fuel up at Flying J's around the country and lot dock overnight with the truckers, use rest areas, etc. Of course, not all RV's are running 24/7/365 like a semi, but each of these vehicles are on the road for months out of each year and everyone is hooked up with cellphones, cameras, wireless internet, etc. There is usually a driver and a co-pilot in the passenger seat, so even more eyes would be on the lookout.

I belong to an RV forum and will post a plea to the 1 million plus members to sign up for Amber Alerts and to advise them of the ongoing battle between the FCC and Flying J for Trucker TV and Marc Klass' connection to the project.

I wonder if Trucker TV will be accessible to RVr's who are lot docking too?

RVr's are some of the best, most helpful people in the world and I am sure many of them would be interested in helping in this cause. And, like truckers, we are everywhere.

WholeLottaRosie
11-23-2009, 11:50 PM
I sent mine, with a cc to Tricia. I am glad I checked this thread and got the email addys as I also had trouble which is why I haven't done this sooner.

sillybilly
11-27-2009, 06:34 PM
I posted the info over at the John Douglas' Mindhunter forum, sent an email to the editor at thetrucker.com, asking them to fan out the email to their membership, sent the same request to the PR department of American Trucker Magazine, and put an ad on Dallas craiglist. Could only put one ad on Craiglist without having a membership, so chose Dallas cuz I heard everything in Texas is big ;)

For anyone else who could help by putting ads in other craigslist cities, please copy and paste the following (it is intentionally short and to the point, just to direct them to Marc's site). Then please post here which city you placed the ad in. Then other members so inclined can choose another city to post to. I placed it in the craigslist "Community" section "General" classification:

"Child advocate, Marc Klaas of KlaasKids.org is seeking help from the public in the form of an email campaign to the FCC in support of Trucker TV at Flying J rest stops in America.

Please take a couple of minutes to read the background by visiting KlaasKids:

www.klaasKids.org/pg-truckerTV.htm (http://www.klaasKids.org/pg-truckerTV.htm)

To express your support, click REPLY, compose your message, click SEND. Your email will go to Marc who will forward all responses to the FCC.

Please forward the info/link to your all your email contacts or any individuals or organizations that you feel may help support this worthy cause."

LookyLu
11-28-2009, 08:52 AM
"Child advocate, Marc Klaas of KlaasKids.org is seeking help from the public in the form of an email campaign to the FCC in support of Trucker TV at Flying J rest stops in America.

Please take a couple of minutes to read the background by visiting KlaasKids:

www.klaasKids.org/pg-truckerTV.htm (http://www.klaasKids.org/pg-truckerTV.htm)

To express your support, click REPLY, compose your message, click SEND. Your email will go to Marc who will forward all responses to the FCC.

Please forward the info/link to your all your email contacts or any individuals or organizations that you feel may help support this worthy cause."[/FONT]

Snipped by me. :dance:
What a Fantastic idea Sillybilly! I posted your ad in the Detroit craigs list this morning! :woohoo:

~Lu
P.S. Ad hasn't shown up yet so maybe I did something wrong. I'll give it a little more time and try it again.
P.S. #2 4 hrs later and it still isn't showing up after I fixed the email addy and emailed them to say I'd repost with the correct one. I don't know if they're sleeping in Detroit or what but I'll keep checking!

sillybilly
11-28-2009, 03:35 PM
P.S. Ad hasn't shown up yet so maybe I did something wrong. I'll give it a little more time and try it again.
P.S. #2 4 hrs later and it still isn't showing up after I fixed the email addy and emailed them to say I'd repost with the correct one. I don't know if they're sleeping in Detroit or what but I'll keep checking!

Thanks Lu !! Guess we'll just to keep trying. I know in the past, craigslist wouldn't let me post the same ad twice because it picks it up as spam. I assumed that their detection process was related to an individual IP, but am now wondering if it is based on detecting duplicationof ad content no matter whose IP it is coming from. That would suck !

PS: After you made your post, did you receive an email back from craigslist that requires you to click on their link in order to "publish, edit or delete" the post?

LookyLu
11-28-2009, 07:54 PM
Thanks Lu !! Guess we'll just to keep trying. I know in the past, craigslist wouldn't let me post the same ad twice because it picks it up as spam. I assumed that their detection process was related to an individual IP, but am now wondering if it is based on detecting duplicationof ad content no matter whose IP it is coming from. That would suck !

PS: After you made your post, did you receive an email back from craigslist that requires you to click on their link in order to "publish, edit or delete" the post?

I first listed this w/craigs list at 8:? am this morning...it is now 7:45 p.m. and still nothing.
The 1st time I put it in, I hesitated when it asked for the email addy, (normally mine) but I over thought it and put in the one for Klass Kids thinking in this case, that would be the perfect one for them to use.
Immediately, I felt like that was probably a mistake so I waited a few hours and saw ads come on and on and on....and I emailed the craigslist 'team' or whatever, and told them I felt I may have used the wrong one so I would send it again with my email this time and we certainly were not attempting to run it twice, just felt I must have done it wrong the first time. So, that's what I did. I reposted it, adding my email addy and still....8 hrs later NOTHING. No return email, no posting, nothing. :banghead:

Sorry, I thought it was SUCH a good idea Sillybilly! And the whole reason I changed the email after a few hrs was exactly what you stated, that maybe they'd ask the ad to be verified or something. Anyway, I tried. Sorry!

sillybilly
11-28-2009, 08:58 PM
I first listed this w/craigs list at 8:? am this morning...it is now 7:45 p.m. and still nothing.
The 1st time I put it in, I hesitated when it asked for the email addy, (normally mine) but I over thought it and put in the one for Klass Kids thinking in this case, that would be the perfect one for them to use.
Immediately, I felt like that was probably a mistake so I waited a few hours and saw ads come on and on and on....and I emailed the craigslist 'team' or whatever, and told them I felt I may have used the wrong one so I would send it again with my email this time and we certainly were not attempting to run it twice, just felt I must have done it wrong the first time. So, that's what I did. I reposted it, adding my email addy and still....8 hrs later NOTHING. No return email, no posting, nothing. :banghead:

Sorry, I thought it was SUCH a good idea Sillybilly! And the whole reason I changed the email after a few hrs was exactly what you stated, that maybe they'd ask the ad to be verified or something. Anyway, I tried. Sorry!

Well, good effort anyway. With a bit of luck, maybe someone at KlaasKids will get the email and publish it :))

Kimster
12-02-2009, 02:19 AM
Has everyone had a chance to help by sending an email? Let me know if you are having any problems!

simplesimon
12-02-2009, 08:12 AM
I tried to reply and it took me to a setup wizzard,you should just be able to hit send!!

BOTLOF
12-15-2009, 03:01 PM
Ok, here it goes. Since Jan 2001, I started up a company to help find missing kids. Back then I had what I call play money to help develop my network. I made waves in the state government. I've made waves with places like NCMEC, Polly Klaas, AMW, etc. Heck, I honestly think I'm the one that coined the term Silver Alert (I have over 100 people that will testify to this being used WAY before the Amber Alert was even thought of). But as with almost everything about me, I was too stupid to trade mark it. Being a trucker, I can see where this type of network would be great. As well as expensive. However, back in 2004, Be On The Look Out For already made the plans to include TV in with our network of kiosks. We even had contracts set up with Hughes Network for transponder space. We've had contracts set up with Dish Network and DirecTV to give us a channel at half the cost. My old buds from college who runs a production company in CA was going to do everything that I needed for half price. Everything was going great till I hit a wall with ID theft. 85k of my savings, daughters college fund, GONE. No trace. Thank you Bank of America for all the lies you preach on TV and radio. In other words, BofA refused to refund the money they claimed they would do in ID theft situations. Any way, what's happening to me right this very second.... I'm seeing all these big named people finally getting around to doing what I've been planning for years. Because of their tragedy, they have the so called lime light to make bigger waves than me. And yet, NONE of them would even give me the time of day when I asked for help. When I asked if I can help them. I'm literally a lone wolf in something that for God only know why, I'm involved in. I don't know anyone missing. I'm not affected by what goes on in the realm of missing kids, but yet I'm being sucked into all this by a so called higher power. But it's getting to me in the worst way. After seeing 5 different doctors, they ALL have told me to "take it easy", "get rest", "become stress free".... All the BS doctors can tell a person.
I not like all these people in the lime light. I don't have nice suits (not even sure I have 1 any more), I don't have all the contacts in the world. I don't get paid by my own company. I don't care that others are cashing in on the ideas I had years ago. I do however wonder if I should continue doing what I've been doing. My ticker isn't running right any more and from what I can tell, it's because of all the stress this whole thing has put me under. Even though I'm in a business where I WANT competition, it still makes me sick that the people I have spoken to over the years about what needs to be done, I get turned down like I'm the plague, and yet after a few years, all the sudden it's a great idea when they announce that they are going to do it.
What does Be On The Look Out For Corporation have on the books to do?

Phase 1: Jan 4, 2001 - Web site - get every missing kid on the TOP of all search engines. DONE!
Phase 2: May 2002 - Build and Place Kiosks in public locations though out the country. These kiosks display missing kids 24/7 updated in real time. Funding is made by simple and small ads at the bottom of the screen. (not to get rich from by any means, but to be able to expand the network)
Be On The Look Out For TV : simply put, be the next weather channel or court TV for missing kids. 24/7 shows dealing with child safety. Missing kid cases (both current and cold cases), Discus issues with Amber Alerts, Silver Alerts, etc.

Phase 3: Take over Missing Kids Clearing houses - By privatizing the all states missing kids clearing houses, this frees up tax payers money for the state to do other things with the money. By integrating with my existing network, once a kid is entered into the NCIC or the states own network, the basic information about the kid is INSTANTLY displayed in the area. No need for worrying about Amber Alerts. ALL KIDS THAT GO MISSING NEEDS TO BE ANNOUNCED TO THE PUBLIC! No matter if the kids are cute, angelic looking, black, white, or whatever. THEY ALL GET DISPLAYED IN THOUSANDS OF LOCATIONS IN THE PUBLIC VIEW IN SECONDS, not HOURS or DAYS (Florida). Every one knows time is a key factor here. So what better way of getting the info out than to be the guys taking it it!

Phase 4 (kinda already started)- Be On The Look Out For International: Do all the same things we're doing here, but in other countries. Has anyone ever wondered why all these countries around the world are all the sudden talking about missing kids... Yeah, that's me screaming at them to do something about the same problems we have here. And as usual, finally, their own big wigs are taking the credit for it. Does this bother me, yes, but do I care, not really. As long as something is being done, I'm ok with it.

Can anyone understand the stress level of me staying in this line of work? Why am I doing this? Should I continue or just throw my hands up and let all the other guys continue on. I'm not saying any of them has heard of my ideas and running with them. Never the less, it still FEELS like a stab in the back and heart knowing that you're the one that quite possibly came up with the idea first, you just don't have the resources to make it happen. Should I be happy that at least something is being done? can I settle for that? GRRR this is enough to cause the heart to explode (which in my case may very well happen). So says my doc. Did you know having a pulse rate of 185 is not good for ya? Imagine that. :)

Anyway, you the people that do this for the same reasons I do, what do you think? I'm trying to get back into trucking with another company. Should I go back over the road or continue to ruff it out and hope I can get BOTLOF off the ground with phase 2. I mean geez, 2001 to current we still haven't made the 1st dollar yet to support any part of the company. It's all been out of my own pocket. Which is now more dry than the sands of TX, AZ, UT.

I'm done.
Someone give advise. Be On The Look Out For Corporation is now in YOUR hands. My hands have given up.

Tricia
12-17-2009, 10:00 PM
That was a FANTASTIC letter. Thank you so much.

Marc Klaas has again reiterated to me how highly impressed he is with the quality of the letters he is receiving and therefore so will too the FCC be impressed.

As of two weeks ago we had close to 300 letters if I remember correctly.

I will get you an update soon.

Thanks again to everyone.

Tricia

lorann
01-04-2010, 06:39 PM
Any update on this?

Tricia
01-11-2010, 06:40 AM
I am waiting on an update as we speak.

Cubby
01-20-2010, 05:08 PM
I am waiting on an update as we speak.

Any news on an update? Anxiously waiting!

Tricia
01-21-2010, 02:29 AM
I spoke with Marc yesterday and he is putting together a review of everything that happened and where the Trucker's Network stands as of now.
:)

Tricia
03-07-2010, 12:05 AM
The news is not good. Here is a letter from Marc Klaas;

As you may remember, in mid November 2009, I requested the assistance of the good people at Websleuths to prompt the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to take action on a proposal to provide America’s long haul trucking community with access to broadcast quality TV during federally mandated truck stops. Before I report the results of our joint effort I would like to refresh you on the background of the issue.

Since 2006, KlaasKids and Flying J Inc., the company that owns and operates hundreds of Flying J travel plazas across the country’s highways, have aggressively participated in a case at the FCC in Washington, DC. The U.S. Department of Transportation requires America’s 2-million long haul truck drivers to spend 10-hours or more per day resting. We want the FCC to approve a proposal that will provide 70 channels of television programming, not unlike the cable/satellite package that we receive at home, to entertain and inform long haul truckers during federally mandated rest stops. Of particular note and with my assistance, we propose a special Public Safety and Alert Channel that will focus on the plights of missing persons and be the default channel that every truck driver sees when he turns on the television set while at rest in his cab and that plays continuously in the common areas of the highway travel plazas. More information on this important project is available in our winter 2009 online newsletter http://www.klaaskids.org/pg-newsltr.htm.

At my request, Websleuths provided hundreds of emails encouraging the FCC to rule on this issue. The emails were printed, bound and hand delivered to the office of FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski. When a ruling was not forthcoming we took a political approach. The offices of U.S. Senator Orin Hatch (Flying J is located in Utah), Senator Blanch Lincoln (Co-Chair of the Senate Missing and Exploited Caucus), and Senator Barbara Boxer (who represents California and KlaasKids) have made status inquiries to the FCC Chairman’s office regarding the Clarity/KlaasKids case. The response to each inquiry has been that, “The matter is on circulation, no specific time set for concluding the review.” In other words, they have taken no action whatsoever.

Here is what really gets me about the inability of the FCC to make a ruling on this issue. The science has been proven through two rounds of extensive, thorough field testing. By providing truckers with access to local Amber Alerts during mandated rest stops they will be able to notify other truckers on the road and lives will certainly be saved. Truckers are hard working individuals who deserve the same rights and privileges as other American’s and right now they are underserved. Finally, as my daughter’s killer sits on death row he is able to sit in his cell and watch TV 24/7 if he so wishes. Giving truckers the same access to TV as serial killers, terrorists and baby killers is the right thing to do.

When President Obama was campaigning he promised, “Change that we can believe in,” yet here we are more than 1-year later and its still politics as usual in Washington, DC.

Marc Klaas

We tried. Thank you everyone. I don't know what to say.