PDA

View Full Version : NC-Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #14

Pages : 1 [2] 3

jnTexas
11-18-2009, 04:18 PM
Thanks, Patti. I stand corrected. Remembered reading that the blanket and feces had been ID's as Shaniyah's. I still think there's a link between what the neighbor heard, the presence of the feces stained blanket, and Shaniyah's disappearance.

It was also stated (I think by the neighbor) that there was feces smeared on the porch and railing of AD's home.

Patty G
11-18-2009, 04:20 PM
Also, it was never reported that the blanket had Shaniyas feces on it....The neighbor possibly said this,,,am I wrong about this?

IIRC, the neighbor stated that the police said: they found a blanket in her trash and mentioned feces being on the hand rail and landing at Shaniya's house.

I attributed to the feces on the handrail etc. to have something to do with the sewer issue in the house. BUT I could be so off track on my thinking ....

alwaysonmymind
11-18-2009, 04:20 PM
My thoughts (of the moment) on the sewage problem at the mobile home.

This could be a VERY good thing. Prolly not a lot of clothes washing going on in there. Shaniya only had enough clothes for 2 days. If the sexual abuse was ongoing, it is quite possible her clothing had DNA from the abusers.

I'm so mad and sick about Shaniya.

southernvagirl
11-18-2009, 04:21 PM
Maybe that's why he strolled out when NG was talking to his son Byron last night. Maybe he was afraid he was going to let something else slip. I have seen that clip repeatedly on HLN today. He was probably watching the broadcast and realized she was getting close to something and he'd best make his presence known to his son. Byron did way too much blinking once daddy was on the scene. It creeps me out.

I said it before that I hate to start on the father after his loss but things are rubbing me the wrong way.
I just want to add,,,like someones sign-on says,,,,"where's there hink, theres stink"

belle3
11-18-2009, 04:21 PM
Do you think he paid child support?

i believe i read somewhere that he paid child support fotr three children one of them being shaniya. i know thats confusing. who was he payin child support to?

jnTexas
11-18-2009, 04:24 PM

This could be a VERY good thing. Prolly not a lot of clothes washing going on in there. Shaniya only had enough clothes for 2 days. If the sexual abuse was ongoing, it is quite possible her clothing had DNA from the abusers.

In the very 1st video of the search it showed a clothes line with clothes on it in the yard of the mobile home.

gmomto2
11-18-2009, 04:24 PM
A thought on the blanket. If it was her favorite and a form of comfort to her, someone could have ripped it from her, wiped it in the poo and threw it away where she couldn't get it back. We all know how a child gets attached to a toy or blankie. To a child, getting rid of a favored item is like taking their world away, especially if reminds them of home and love.

Patty G
11-18-2009, 04:26 PM
Neighbor, Andrea Moore, told WRAL that police said the blanket found in her garbage belonged to Shaniya.

Moore also said loud noises outside her home woke her up at about 3 a.m. on Tuesday.
“It sounded like somebody was beating,” Moore told WRAL.

She was awakened again shortly thereafter when police knocked on her door to tell her they were confiscating her trash due to evidence it may contain.

“Every time I think about it, it upsets me," said Moore. The idea that this baby was missing is bad in itself, but actually feeling like I had something to do with it, that’s pretty hard to deal with—this evidence being in my trash can.”

She also told the news station that police revealed the blanket was covered in feces and feces was also found on the Davis’ back porch

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y2009m11d11-Blanket-believed-to-belong-to-Shaniya-Davis-found-in-neighbors-trash

belle3
is there a link to where it states that dogs did not pick up her scent at all. i find that very interesting. does that mean she never really lived in that motor home?? why wouldnt the dogs pick up some kind of scent??

jnTexas
i believe i read somewhere that he paid child support fotr three children one of them being shaniya. i know thats confusing. who was he payin child support to?

My guess would be the State. As AD most likely was getting public assistance. IDK though...I sure would not be paying child support to someone if I or my family had custody of the child. Makes NO sense. Unless she had custody just after the baby was born and he was paying child support then, and is no longer paying now.

lbminnesota
If Bad sincerely believed AD was responsible to care for Shaniya, why didn't invite her and the children to stay at his house. He's traveling, house is empty, school right there, etc. Take that back..forgot he is engaged.

songline
11-18-2009, 04:27 PM
Animosity between Brad and his sister, from the beginning. You could see the tension when they were sitting beside each other, neither doing anything to comfort the other. I would be holding my brother's hand, have my arm around him, look at him, something.

Lots of links provided, but 2 that seem to be buried.

Brad's son speaking in front of the house, and chuckles. Somebody help me with that please.

I mentioned that yesterday. It was really obvious when he went inside after he spoke, and let her/sis
fall apart all by herself out there. :banghead:
I did not see the son speak, but his daughter did say he never took care of Shnaiya, and that she had a cigarette burn by her eye from her GRANDMOTHER.
if grandma, AD's mom is a piece of trash too???? NO body took care of this pretty angel.
she should have never been sent there for one more night not ever.

nursebeeme
Do we know if AD's 7 year old son was enrolled in school? helluva question!

JustJax
Did someone say a few pages back that they are holding another presser tonight??

redcar1
11-18-2009, 04:28 PM
My Opinion Only:
I was just thinking. Maybe AD was pimping the little girl from within the trailer, every time she came there (for drug money). And she set up an agreement with MAM. That morning, or the middle of the night, she put her on the couch for him to do whatever he was going to do - and ends up taking her. The mom freaks because now he has control & her child... That may be why she calls LE to report her missing, but claims she doesn't know what happened to her. This way, she's NOT snitching on MAM & he won't come back to harm her.
But the flaw in this is that, I believe he TOLD LE that AD was doing this to the little girl (hence the human trafficking charge) and admitted to the kidnapping child only. He may have even told LE that SHE set up transaction and he was just the delivery boy! Yet, I still believe he went to the hotel, with the intention of handing her off to someone HE KNEW, for money, (possibly the blue toyota guy) and the person didn't show, MAM got spooked and ended up leaving and killing her in his car. He couldn't take her back because she was already reported missing.

Again, this is only my opinion. And I still think that EVERYONE involved with AD needs to be charged with some degree of murder for little Shaniya. And you cannot tell me that the Aunt (from within the same trailer) didn't have any idea of what was going on... Sorry - there was too much activity within such a small area.

Jersey*Girl
It was also stated (I think by the neighbor) that there was feces smeared on the porch and railing of AD's home.

IIRC, the neighbor stated that the police said: they found a blanket in her trash and mentioned feces being on the hand rail and landing at Shaniya's house.

I attributed to the feces on the handrail etc. to have something to do with the sewer issue in the house. BUT I could be so off track on my thinking ....

Ya know what? I thought the feces was on the neighbor's porch. I read the neighbor's porch, then I read AD's railing...both in media reports of course. I wish we knew for a fact where it was actually located.

Patty - Also, I thought the mentioning of the sewage issue was to quell talk of what Shaniya may have endured in that home. You see, this is why I thought that: If there was a raw sewage leakage, and if they were living in those conditions, then why wasn't the landlord fined? The Board of Health would have fined the landlord right away, that's not something they vote on. Something like that is public record. It would be in some kind of document. Also, if they were living among raw sewage leakage, then one of the charges against Antoinette should include child negliegence/abuse against her 7 y/0 son, and that's not the case right now. Maybe you're right, but what I just stated makes sense...no?

suzyq211
I have a question - not sure if it is off topic or more properly ON topic.

If momster handed Shaniya over to McNeill then how can they charge him with kidnapping? How do you kidnap child that was willingly handed to you by the bio mother? Not that I think this scum should by any means get off for whatever part he played in WHATEVER wrongs were done Shaniya, but is that really the right charge for this situation? Can't they come up with better, more suitable charges like oh, I dunno, murder?

Maybe thats why he admitted taking her but is pleading "Not Guilty" to kidnapping?

kiki the parrot
Perhaps before making the 911 call, AD/BD/whoever decided to clean up the trailer (think: flush drug paraphernalia). Stops up toilet, overflows. They use blanket to clean up. Gets their act together before making the obligatory 911 call since they knew cops would be coming over.

(^ just another possibility. I still think the blanket had something to do with Shaniya but at this point anything is possible.)

The thing I don't get about the 911 call is: why make it unless AD changed her mind or came out of her stupor and realized what had happened? I thought they had to call because school would know she was absent, etc, so they needed to make their story believable. But if she wasn't re-enrolled anywhere, then why make the call so soon?!?

Well.... IMHO Shaniya had been being abused and/or sold right there in the mh but maybe AD wasn't necessarily consenting to Shaniya being transported to hotel where McNeill arranged to pimp her out to another buyer--he feels entitled since she still owes him more money. Then when AD awakens or comes out of her drug stupor, she realizes it's entirely out of her control and freaks out knowing she won't be able to produce Shaniya to dad. As I said, if she's guilty of anything she is guilty of absolutely everything from the moment she exposed this baby to any of this--legally, morally every way. I'm just saying there's a possibility she may not have been in on MAM's plan to continue pimping her out elsewhere God only knows.

:parrot:

belle3
11-18-2009, 04:29 PM
well if she applies for assistance and claims shaniya as hers then the state would demand to know who the father is so they can collect child support. what father would pay support to a woman that does not have physical custody? is there a public database that would have this kind of info? im kinda new to sleuthing.

songline
is there a link to where it states that dogs did not pick up her scent at all. i find that very interesting. does that mean she never really lived in that motor home?? why wouldnt the dogs pick up some kind of scent??
I have a feeling that child was gone several days from that trailer and the trailer was cleaned up. Just a thought :waitasec:

ella971
Oh, so much will be coming out soon.

alwaysonmymind
In the very 1st video of the search it showed a clothes line with clothes on it in the yard of the mobile home.

:( I wonder if Shaniyas clothes were on there........

jnTexas
11-18-2009, 04:30 PM
I mentioned that yesterday. It was really obvious when he went inside after he spoke, and let hr fall apart all by herself out there. :banghead:
I did not see the son speak, but his daughter did say he never took care of Shnaiya, and that she had a cigarette burn by her eye from her GRANDMOTHER so if AD's mom is a piece of trash too???? NO body took care of this pretty angel.
she should have never been sent there for one more night not ever.

Interesting didn't the daughter also state on NG the other night how sweet AD was and that couldn't believe she done this? Something like that..

nursebeeme
11-18-2009, 04:31 PM
PattyG, your quote by Barbara the mhp lady was eyeopening.. she had never seen the little girl!

So Shaniya was at home all day not attending school... yet she was never outside playing???? Where was she?

EclecticArtist
11-18-2009, 04:31 PM
I was under the impression that little Shaniya spent most of her time with Aunt Carey, that she was her major caretaker as Daddy was out of town.

I think Cary and Daddy might have had a little power struggle or differences regarding caring for Shaniya, so Dad pulled a fast one and made a deal with sperm-donor to let Shaniya live with her. Knowing that Aunt Cary would fight this arrangement, they let her believe it was only going to be a 2 day visit...

Another thing regarding Daddy and $.... Because you have a few $ does NOT mean that you are smart!:woohoo:

southernvagirl
11-18-2009, 04:32 PM
doesnt seem to me that anyonre prepared shaniya to be living somewhere else permanently. no registration at any schools. no transfer of records. daddy didnt give up medical records school transcripts to register her at another school. im sorry but it just doesnt add up.

Exactly,,,that's why I IMOO I said "someone" didn't want this child in the dad's life...There was no forethought whatsoever, to even plan the child's exsistance, away from the Aunt.....Out of sight maybe,,,out of mind.

kiki the parrot
11-18-2009, 04:32 PM
Ya know what? I thought the feces was on the neighbor's porch. I read the neighbor's porch, then I read AD's railing...both in media reports of course. I wish we knew for a fact where it was actually located.

Patty - Also, I thought the mentioning of the sewage issue was to quell talk of what Shaniya may have endured in that home. You see, this is why I thought that: If there was a raw sewage leakage, and if they were living in those conditions, then why wasn't the landlord fined? The Board of Health would have fined the landlord right away, that's not something they vote on. Something like that is public record. It would be in some kind of document. Also, if they were living among raw sewage leakage, then one of the charges against Antoinette should include child negliegence/abuse against her 7 y/0 son, and that's not the case right now. Maybe you're right, but what I just stated makes sense...no?

Hey Jersey Girl, in the video the neighbor denies it was on her own porch. That interview clearly conveys it was on porch and railing of AD/BD's trailer not her's. Also, I don't think distinguishing Shaniya's own waste from sewage (on the blanket) will present CSI technicians w any problem whatsoever.

ella971
11-18-2009, 04:33 PM
What about all the surveillance videos in the park?

Coolmomof4
11-18-2009, 04:36 PM
what school should shaniya have been registered at. did she ever get registered at another school. im curious cuz wouldnt that be another crime. shouldnt shaniya have been in school?[/quote]

In NC you don't have to attend school until you are seven years old. Kindergarten is not mandatory.

[URL="http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/EnactedLegislation/Statutes/HTML/ByArticle/Chapter_115C/Article_26.html"]

Carolina Girl
11-18-2009, 04:36 PM
I have a feeling that child was gone several days from that trailer and the trailer was cleaned up. Just a thought :waitasec:

I wonder if Mom gave LE something that really belonged to Shaniya for them to track?

mysticrose
11-18-2009, 04:37 PM

Police dogs have searched the neighborhood of the Davis home, in addition to a wooded area nearby, but didn't pick up Shaniya’s scent

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y2009m11d11-Blanket-believed-to-belong-to-Shaniya-Davis-found-in-neighbors-trash

Jersey*Girl
11-18-2009, 04:37 PM
Hey Jersey Girl, in the video the neighbor denies it was on her own porch. That interview clearly conveys it was on porch and railing of AD/BD's trailer not her's. Also, I don't think distinguishing Shaniya's own waste from sewage (on the blanket) will present CSI technicians w any problem whatsoever.

Hi Kiki...Right, I know, and that's what I thought was true at first...then it was reported her (meaning the neighbor's porch)...then back again to AD's railing...then smeared on the porch...then neighbor's porch again. Maybe I got so mixed reading into media reports, blogs, users comments, Nancy Grace & JVM, etc. My eyes seem to be crossing. :biggrin:

lbminnesota
11-18-2009, 04:38 PM
Interesting didn't the daughter also state on NG the other night how sweet AD was and that couldn't believe she done this? Something like that..

I think she had a talking to by Brad after the show. Before the arrests, she sent a message to Nancy on her blog with her phone number. Stated something like I'm Shaniya's sister and AD and AD's sister are lying. Please call me. I posted the message (w/o name or phone number).

kiki the parrot
PattyG, your quote by Barbara the mhp lady was eyeopening.. she had never seen the little girl!

So Shaniya was at home all day not attending school... yet she was never outside playing???? Where was she?

Don't wanna ask nurse... :mad: The isolation of Shaniya from the time she arrived is a very poor indicator of the kind of activity that were going on in her life and the increased need to seclude and sequester her for fear of exposure of the abuse. IMO that's also the reason they couldn't risk her going to school. :furious:

jnTexas
Here is the neighbor Andrea's interview about the blanket
http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/6397725/

there is a view of the clothesline at 1:56 & 2:20, but I couldn't tell if they were girls clothes.

belle3
In NC you don't have to attend school until you are seven years old. Kindergarten is not mandatory.

wow! get out. learn something new everyday. i think that should change. its hard enough to keep track of all these kids especially the ones that are not in school.

Amity
11-18-2009, 04:39 PM

The way I understood it.....

Shaniya was being carried out with her blanket.

As person is carrying out Shaniya, the blanket brushes against the railing of the steps, transfering the poo from the blanket to the railing.

After all, Shaniya isn't a little tiny baby where she could be help up really close....her legs were long and probably pushed the blanket up against the step railing.
Person carrying her realized the blanket was full of poo so after he placed Shanyia in the car, he pulled the blanket away and idled the car over to the dumpster, got out of car leaving car door open, dumped blanket in dumpster and drove off. To me, that would explain the poo transfer from blanket to step railing.

Lexington
11-18-2009, 04:40 PM
I'm curious as to when Brad became engaged to his fiance. Did she live at Brad's house? It seems that Cheyenne lived with the Allens since July of this year after being "kicked out" and Shaniya was sent to live with momster in early October. I'm thinking the fiance did not want them around thus the radical changes in the younger children's living arranagements.

Jersey*Girl
11-18-2009, 04:40 PM
Police dogs have searched the neighborhood of the Davis home, in addition to a wooded area nearby, but didn't pick up Shaniya’s scent

Did they search inside of the trailer? Also, where did they get the sample? Hopefully they got it from Aunt Carey. I seem to think that little girl never left the bedroom. :(

jnTexas
11-18-2009, 04:43 PM

You do not have to enroll your child in Texas till they are 6, But once you have enrolled them in kindergarten you must obey the attendance laws. My husbands boss' son was in kinder last year and they were threatened with court if he missed any more school days. Wonder if it is the same in NC? and if so someone dropped the ball!!

Jersey*Girl
11-18-2009, 04:44 PM
I am sooo outraged & have sooo much hate inside me right now that I hope & pray I don't die tonight out of fear I'll be sent straight to hell. I want each and every person involved with Shaniya's suffering to die a very long & painful death. God have mercy on me thinking that!

belle3
11-18-2009, 04:44 PM
Did they search inside of the trailer? Also, where did they get the sample? Hopefully they got it from Aunt Carey. I seem to think that little girl never left the bedroom. :(

or maybe she was never really there to begin with. if the moms intention in having her was simply to make money off of her maybe she spent the last three weeks bein shuffled from hotel to hotel to various peoples homes. that is hard to type let alone think.

essies
11-18-2009, 04:45 PM

Well, you can bet LE has interviewed AD's 7 year old son. And how old is AD's son? I'm sure there is more truth coming from these children than the adults involved.

smart blonde
11-18-2009, 04:46 PM
Something tells me that after the first couple of days, Shaniya was banished to the bedroom, and kept there.

That would explain Coe's statement that she was never in the living room, also.

kiki the parrot
11-18-2009, 04:47 PM

Yes along w her schooling, hair and every other basic need instead of just being furious this darling girl's clothes were likely being neglected at least we can also give THANKS it may provide VALUABLE EVIDENCE to at minimum put a few of them away for the rest of their lives. There is that...

mrs.kravitz
11-18-2009, 04:47 PM
I hate saying this,maybe its already been mentioned, but maybe the soiled blanket was the result of sodomy...Good God, my mind can only process little bits of this story at a time. What about arrest affidavits, do we have them yet?

southernvagirl
11-18-2009, 04:48 PM
i'm curious as to when brad became engaged to his fiance. Did she live at brad's house? It seems that cheyenne lived with the allens since july of this year after being "kicked out" and shaniya was sent to live with momster in early october. I'm thinking the fiance did not want them around thus the radical changes in the younger children's living arranagements.

bingo.....

mysticrose

They did serve a search warrant on the home and searched it...I've been trying to find the article but not have come across it yet...

Jersey*Girl
Well, you can bet LE has interviewed AD's 7 year old son. And how old is AD's son? I'm sure there is more truth coming from these children than the adults involved.

And maybe there's even more to the reason he's in Foster Care than with his gramma! I wonder exactly what that child told police and FBI.

Lexington
11-18-2009, 04:49 PM
Something tell me that after the first couple of days, Shaniya was banished to the bedroom, and kept there.

Does anyone know how many bedrooms this trailer had - two, three? I know it was a single width, but wondering where all these people slept.

Amity
11-18-2009, 04:49 PM
N.C. authorities want to know where Shaniya Davis was killed

(CNN) -- Authorities in North Carolina said Wednesday that they will need to determine where the killing of a 5-year-old girl occurred before additional charges are filed in the case.

MORE: http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/18/shaniya.davis/index.html?eref=rss_topstories&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_topstories+%28RSS%3 A+Top+Stories%29&utm_content=My+Yahoo

belimom
11-18-2009, 04:50 PM
Back to the cigarette burns...

If Shaniya told people about the burns and they did not stop it, then that gives the message that it's okay for people to burn her, torture her, abuse her. If no one seems to give a damn, must be okay in her little mind, huh? :furious:

It is important for kids to see adults stand up for them: it validates that they are important and do no deserve to be treated badly. Otherwise, it sets them up for a lifetime (however short or long that life may be) of repeated abuse.

mysticrose
11-18-2009, 04:51 PM
Does anyone know how many bedrooms this trailer had - two, three? I know it was a single width, but wondering where all these people slept.

Two bedroom...

smart blonde
I hate saying this,maybe its already been mentioned, but maybe the soiled blanket was the result of sodomy...Good God, my mind can only process little bits of this story at a time. What about arrest affidavits, do we have them yet?
This has been my thought about the soiled blanket, too.

I hope we're wrong.

belle3
bingo.....

i was kinda thinking this too.

Jersey*Girl
11-18-2009, 04:52 PM
Do you have a link to that info?

Patty, the link was in her post. :)

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/EnactedLegislation/Statutes/HTML/ByArticle/Chapter_115C/Article_26.html

§ 115C‑378.
Children required to attend.
Every parent, guardian or other person in this State having charge or control of a child between the ages of seven and 16 years shall cause such child to attend school continuously for a period equal to the time which the public school to which the child is assigned shall be in session. Every parent, guardian, or other person in this State having charge or control of a child under age seven who is enrolled in a public school in grades kindergarten through two shall also cause such child to attend school continuously for a period equal to the time which the public school to which the child is assigned shall be in session unless the child has withdrawn from school. No person shall encourage, entice or counsel any such child to be unlawfully absent from school. The parent, guardian, or custodian of a child shall notify the school of the reason for each known absence of the child, in accordance with local school policy.
Unquote

More at link, which came from the State Govt of NC.

bessie
11-18-2009, 04:52 PM
I'm curious as to when Brad became engaged to his fiance. Did she live at Brad's house? It seems that Cheyenne lived with the Allens since July of this year after being "kicked out" and Shaniya was sent to live with momster in early October. I'm thinking the fiance did not want them around thus the radical changes in the younger children's living arranagements.
I agree and stated as much the other night. It became inconvenient to have her around. Sorry, but Dad doesn't get a pass from me. How many kids? From how many mothers? Living with how many different people? He plants his seed all over the countryside, then lords over the offspring from above. Yeah, he's a good ole boy for sure. :sick:

lbminnesota
11-18-2009, 04:53 PM

Cheyenne grew up with her grandparents. I understand she lived with Brad for a few months earlier this year. Sounds like she was asked to leave in July.

belle3
11-18-2009, 04:53 PM
i dont know why but i dont believe shaniya was at that mobile home much if not at all

Baznme
11-18-2009, 04:54 PM
N.C. authorities want to know where Shaniya Davis was killed

(CNN) -- Authorities in North Carolina said Wednesday that they will need to determine where the killing of a 5-year-old girl occurred before additional charges are filed in the case.

MORE: http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/18/shaniya.davis/index.html?eref=rss_topstories&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_topstories+%28RSS%3 A+Top+Stories%29&utm_content=My+Yahoo

Thanks Amity. It would seem that if she was known to be alive upon departure of the hotel, then the death would have to be determined at the location of the area where she was next seen in death, correct?

Did they ever find that Blue Toyota? Could she have died in that car?

belimom
11-18-2009, 04:54 PM

I've thought this from Day One...:cry:

essies
11-18-2009, 04:55 PM
And maybe there's even more to the reason he's in Foster Care than with his gramma! I wonder exactly what that child told police and FBI.

I wonder where AD's sister is? Does she still have her son? I'm sure he has been interviewed also!!

belle3
11-18-2009, 04:57 PM
and the way that bl was hanging over his son in that ng interview was almost a hovering state and the kisses he kept giving him was almost to prove to himself and everyone else that he is a doting father. almost like trying too hard. idk maybe im reading too much into it but it seems forced

momof2boys
11-18-2009, 04:57 PM
I just wanted to post this to let you guys know I have been down in Fayetteville all day today trying to figure this out and been to courthouse and looked at all the stuff that is public knowledge and this is what I have found.

Mr. Mcneil has extensive criminal history and owns 5 vehicles so this is how both Mom and Aunt got around.

I have talked to alot of folks here and lots of people are thinking there is alot more to the story than is being release. Some think Mom has nothing to do with this and McNeil took the child. I am not sure I just dont want to guess and make assumtions only the truth. Hope this helps.

smart blonde
11-18-2009, 04:59 PM
I think it's a 2 bedroom, from other posts I've read.

I think these 'people' (using that word loosely) slept wherever they could- bed, floor, chairs.

I actually do not believe they did a whole lot of sleeping, anyway.

I think meth addiction plays a BIG part in this whole thing. It's much cheaper than cocaine, and the high lasts a lot longer. Meth users can stay up for days at a time.

Meth also heightens the 'need' for sexual activity in users- especially sexually deviant behavior.

I don't feel sleeping was a top priority for them.

bessie
11-18-2009, 05:00 PM
Thank you for the information, Momof2boys, and WELCOME to Websleuths,.

kiki the parrot
11-18-2009, 05:00 PM
"This isn't about (Brad) or (Antoinette), this is about (Shaniya)," "Keep the focus on (Shaniya)," gee where have we heard this before :confused:

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7125084

2curious
11-18-2009, 05:01 PM
Barbara told me, “the family moved in on August 5, 2009… I only rented to a woman named Brenda Davis and her son, so it was a surprise when Antoinette, her boyfriend, and other children were there… I’ve never seen this little girl, and I would remember seeing someone that cute.”
http://www.michellesigona.com/

I also heard Barbara say it on Nancy or Prime News.

This makes it look even more like Shaniya was hardly ever at that MH!
I wonder where they were keeping her.:furious:

Isabelle
11-18-2009, 05:02 PM
Allright I think LE can not do anything until they can determine when and where Shaniya was killed and that could take a while (sigh)

This is a joke! Why no charge them in the city Shaniya was last seen alive in, then charge them where her body was found and then charge them in any city in between. That should cover it. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. The justice system sucks. All justice for the criminal and none for the victim!

Isabelle
11-18-2009, 05:04 PM
I really hope these people didn't kill Shaniya for financial gain, thinking the community would ante up as they did in the Somer Thompson case. But for some reason, I am starting to feel that way.

tehcloser
11-18-2009, 05:05 PM
So wonder if the GF owns the BMW????????

belle3
11-18-2009, 05:06 PM

this is what i was saying about ad intentions for having her daughter,\. if the only intention was to make money off of her maybe she was transported from sicko to sicko until the inevitable happened and she died. then she gets the phonecall that things have gone wrong and to report her missing. all imo

mama2echo
11-18-2009, 05:07 PM
You do not have to enroll your child in Texas till they are 6, But once you have enrolled them in kindergarten you must obey the attendance laws. My husbands boss' son was in kinder last year and they were threatened with court if he missed any more school days. Wonder if it is the same in NC? and if so someone dropped the ball!!

they do, i know my dd cant miss more than i think 8 days? a semester before we get in trouble..

tehcloser
11-18-2009, 05:07 PM
I'll say it....wonder if the GF got mad about the BMW getting hit.........hence the change in living arrangements?

jnTexas
11-18-2009, 05:09 PM
and the way that bl was hanging over his son in that ng interview was almost a hovering state and the kisses he kept giving him was almost to prove to himself and everyone else that he is a doting father. almost like trying too hard. idk maybe im reading too much into it but it seems forced

the second kiss looked to me like he was saying something...like wrap it up...quit talking...I couldn't read his lips and surely couldn't hear him. It's just what I thought I seen.

MommyInHighHeels
I am still trying to catch up after getting caught up on Elizabeth's thread, so I do not know if this has been posted today, I am sure this info has been posted at sometime, but this is an article from today. I recall earlier this morning that there were conversations regarding speculation as to whether Shaniya had been sexually abused prior to the day of her disappearance or not.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/18/shaniya.davis/index.html

"Following Davis' arrest over the weekend, police spokeswoman Teresa Chance said Davis had been "prostituting her child.""

BBM

essies
Can someone remind me when and why AD told Aunt Carey that she would never see Shaniya again!! TIA

jnTexas
anybody have a birth date on Dad?

jnTexas
11-18-2009, 05:11 PM
Can someone remind me when and why AD told Aunt Carey that she would never see Shaniya again!! TIA

a week before she went missing, and it was because she got on to Shaniya about fighting with her cousins.

belle3
11-18-2009, 05:11 PM
u guys do awesome work here and i will be back later. thanks for all u do!

Kimberlyd125
11-18-2009, 05:13 PM
Looking at past criminal histories can be decieving IMO.
AD has none, but she handed her child over to be sold.
Aunt Brenda has none but she obviously was living in the small home while all this was going on.
Several people that I know that are great parents have criminal histories and are great people today.
IMO

belimom
11-18-2009, 05:13 PM
anybody have a birth date on Dad?

I have it - is against TOS to post it?

jamiect
11-18-2009, 05:14 PM
This is a joke! Why no charge them in the city Shaniya was last seen alive in, then charge them where her body was found and then charge them in any city in between. That should cover it. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. The justice system sucks. All justice for the criminal and none for the victim!

IIRC, Lee County is where Shaniya was last seen (hotel) and also where body was found. IMO that should be the charging jurisdiction.

Hopeful One
11-18-2009, 05:15 PM

BUT - This doesn't say they didn't pick up her scent at the mobile home - just that they didn't pick up her scent in the neighborhood or wooded area nearby. So this could just mean that she was in the trailer the whole time she was there and never went out.

BeanE
11-18-2009, 05:15 PM

And what they were doing with her. She wasn't in school. Where was she for the 2 weeks before she died?

Did anyone at all see her during that time?

Did anyone speak to her on the phone during her last two weeks?

lbminnesota
11-18-2009, 05:16 PM
Police Reports - Mario McNeil & AA (Mario's girlfriend)

11/12/09 - BE & Larceny at Mario's Home - Case # 12483
http://www.ccsonc.org/incident_reports/default.aspx
Just need to enter Case # - on this police report, you will see who Mario lives with
This is day before his arrest

11/13/09 - Forced Break-In at AA's Home - Case # 039644
http://police.ci.fayetteville.nc.us/policereports.aspx
Just need to enter Case #
This is the day of his arrest

Kimberlyd125
11-18-2009, 05:17 PM
BUT - This doesn't say they didn't pick up her scent at the mobile home - just that they didn't pick up her scent in the neighborhood or wooded area nearby. So this could just mean that she was in the trailer the whole time she was there and never went out.

ITA - makes sense to me.

alwaysonmymind
11-18-2009, 05:17 PM
So wonder if the GF owns the BMW????????

Maybe the son?

Isabelle
11-18-2009, 05:18 PM
IIRC, Lee County is where Shaniya was last seen (hotel) and also where body was found. IMO that should be the charging jurisdiction.

So, I wonder what the problem is? Something's fishy here.

debbie0604
*SNIPPED*
Dispatcher: Okay. What time did you wake up? When did you last see her?
AD: I saw her, uh, at 5:30 last night.
Dispatcher: 5:30 last night? Is that when you put her to bed?
AD: Yes, ma'am. NO, when she went back to bed.
Dispatcher: Okay. That was 5 this morning, is that what your telling me?
AD: Yes, ma'am.
*SNIP*

Is it me, or did AD just flub the time she last saw Shaniya (or at the very least give a time that doesn't make sense), and the dispatcher inadvertently fill in the blank for her?
I noticed that too... and found that very disturbing.

alwaysonmymind
I really hope these people didn't kill Shaniya for financial gain, thinking the community would ante up as they did in the Somer Thompson case. But for some reason, I am starting to feel that way.

IMO, these SOB's killed her so she couldn't tell of the evil things done to her. :furious:

smart blonde
11-18-2009, 05:19 PM
a week before she went missing, and it was because she got on to Shaniya about fighting with her cousins.
I wonder if she was being punished not for 'fighting with', but for trying to 'fight off'.

Perhaps little Shaniya wasn't compliant enough, in 'Pimp Mom's' opinion, and was punished because of it.

jnTexas
11-18-2009, 05:20 PM
So, I wonder what the problem is? Something's fishy here.

I wonder if neither county wants to take it? With all the cut backs on money. this case is going to cost whoever prosecutes it alot of money.

2curious
11-18-2009, 05:20 PM
And what they were doing with her. She wasn't in school. Where was she for the 2 weeks before she died?

Thats what I was wondering - Did anyone talk to her? Did the Dad or Aunt?
Did the neighbors see her?

Norwegian
11-18-2009, 05:22 PM
Looking at past criminal histories can be decieving IMO.
AD has none, but she handed her child over to be sold.
Aunt Brenda has none but she obviously was living in the small home while all this was going on.
Several people that I know that are great parents have criminal histories and are great people today.
IMO

I agree... but over custody in court... that might be another thing.

lbminnesota
11-18-2009, 05:22 PM
Maybe the son?

Son doesn't live in Fayetteville; I thought he said Charlotte.

miimaa
11-18-2009, 05:23 PM

She is seen in the dated hotel video with McNeil. I don't know though when she was last seen by anyone else. When was she actually last at the trailer? Maybe she was taken from there prior to last Tuesday.

Lexington
11-18-2009, 05:23 PM
Son doesn't live in Fayetteville; I thought he said Charlotte.

He did say Charlotte.

songline
11-18-2009, 05:24 PM
I did hear that, and was not sure whom she was speaking of.... I gather that his daughter who was raised by the grandparents who seem less then thrilled with her father, has got some opinions about her dad that more then likely came from the grandparents. It is not often natural for a child to say that she was raised by others and he was not in her life much no, no, this was something that came from a grown up.
Maybe the adults were right, and often times since my grand kids are mixed, I can see within families that sometimes the dividing line is the color that gets loyalty.
I am not ready to listen to what they are saying, about him but I am looking at the relationship I seem to sense between the baby's dad and her aunt...That is telling too. And I am looking at the knowledge of cigarette burns and letting her go there.
Something stinks to high hell here.....

Patty G

Generic Floor plan of a 12 x 40 mobile home.

Kimberlyd125
I agree... but over custody in court... that might be another thing.

But was there ever a court case regarding custody of Shaniya?
I may have missed that.

belimom
I don't think so since he is in the media, not sure though...

Can you send me a link or tell me where I can find it?

He's in the media but only b/c his daughter was murdered. I do have his birthdate but I don't want to post it *publicly* on the board. Sorry for that - but I have received warnings from mods before for posting too much info about people in a case. And I don't want another one - LOL!

JustJax
11-18-2009, 05:26 PM
I've seen this mentioned on these threads before, what do you mean by that? I am very behind in Somer's threads. Who is gaining financially from Somer's murder and have they been arrested?

jamiect
11-18-2009, 05:26 PM
I wonder if neither county wants to take it? With all the cut backs on money. this case is going to cost whoever prosecutes it alot of money.

I'm thinking they want to keep the perp's and victim in same county.

Muffet
11-18-2009, 05:27 PM
I wonder if she was being punished not for 'fighting with', but for trying to 'fight off'.

Perhaps little Shaniya wasn't compliant enough, in 'Pimp Mom's' opinion, and was punished because of it.

My understanding was that this was AD getting indignant at Carey for disciplining Shaniya for fussing with her cousins, which would be Carey's children.

Obviously, it was a pathetic attempt to find fault with Carey, and AD's hypocrisy is nauseating.

Patty G
11-18-2009, 05:27 PM

On Sunday morning, Carrie Lockhart said, Antoinette Davis called and told her that she'd never see Shaniya again. Lockhart said Davis was angry that she had disciplined Shaniya for getting into a fight with her cousins.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/topstories/story/1060111.html

2curious
11-18-2009, 05:28 PM
She is seen in the dated hotel video with McNeil. I don't know though when she was last seen by anyone else. When was she actually last at the trailer? Maybe she was taken from there prior to last Tuesday.

Thats what I was saying. Did anyone see or talk to her before the video at the motel.

What about the weeks before? Did the aunt or father talk to Shaniya? Did any of the neighbors see her at the MH park?

The landlord said she had never seen her and didn't even know that AD was living there.

debbie0604
11-18-2009, 05:28 PM
My guess would be the State. As AD most likely was getting public assistance. IDK though...I sure would not be paying child support to someone if I or my family had custody of the child. Makes NO sense. Unless she had custody just after the baby was born and he was paying child support then, and is no longer paying now.
I did read in an article online somewhere that BL was paying child support for 3 children, one child being Shaniya. I thought when I read that, that it was odd that he would pay support for her if he had custody of her... wierd. Perhaps the article was a misprint? Who knows? Surely AD was not receiving support from him...to me that would be insane.

MommyInHighHeels
11-18-2009, 05:30 PM
As for the blanket, I really haven't drawn any personal conclusions as to why I think it was found in the condition it was, I just have a plethora of possibilities, one of which I will share since I am not sure it has been discussed at length. Victims of sexual abuse are dehumanized by their abusers, the abuser wants total power and they find joy in making the abused suffer. That being said, it is a possibility Shaniya was being kept locked away in a closet or such, only being allowed out when the abusers saw fit. She may have been kept there for long periods of time, or as punishment for being uncooperative. She may have been locked away clothed or unclothed, with a blanket or without, but if she was unable to get to a restroom to relieve herself due to this circumstance, it could be another theory as to the soiled blanket. I know there are many possible scenarios, but I also feel this one carries weight.

smart blonde
How strange.

I just posted on this thread a few minutes ago, that I believe meth plays a big part in this case.

Then I went to look at 'New Posts', and saw there is a new thread that states in the title that 55% of all murders involve meth.

miimaa
Thats what I was saying. Did anyone see or talk to her before the video at the motel.

What about the weeks before? Did the aunt or father talk to Shaniya? Did any of the neighbors see her at the MH park?

The landlord said she had never seen her and didn't even know that AD was living there.

... and Coe says he never saw her in the "living room" when he was there or when he slept there. Whatever that means. Was she not even there or was she kept in a different room?

Did AD live with her sister and some other kids? I'd assume LE has interviewed the sister already.

Norwegian
I may have missed that.

No, but that might be one of the reasons there never was one. Mom couldn't pay for it and dad knew he would lose.

lbminnesota
11-18-2009, 05:31 PM

Who took care of her when mom went to work?

Muffet
11-18-2009, 05:32 PM
I'm thinking they want to keep the perp's and victim in same county.

Or both perps? Might be harder if MAM gets thrown to one and AD thrown to another?

Kimberlyd125
11-18-2009, 05:32 PM
No, but that might be one of the reasons there never was one. Mom couldn't pay for it and dad knew he would lose.

ARe you saying dad would have lost custody to AD?

Hopeful One
11-18-2009, 05:33 PM

This is what I have been wondering for days now!

hoppyfrog
Dear Posters:

It's a violation of TOS to post or repost personal information--dates of birth, addresses, phone numbers, etc--or post links to such information for innocent parties, i.e. those not named as main suspects by LE.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Hoppy

jamiect
I may have missed that.

Kim, This is all I could find

According to court records, Lockhart has five other children with three women. He has had custody and child support disputes involving several of the children, but there was no record of any disputes involving Shaniya or Antoinette Davis.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6435879/

debbie0604
11-18-2009, 05:34 PM
I just wanted to post this to let you guys know I have been down in Fayetteville all day today trying to figure this out and been to courthouse and looked at all the stuff that is public knowledge and this is what I have found.

Mr. Mcneil has extensive criminal history and owns 5 vehicles so this is how both Mom and Aunt got around.

I have talked to alot of folks here and lots of people are thinking there is alot more to the story than is being release. Some think Mom has nothing to do with this and McNeil took the child. I am not sure I just dont want to guess and make assumtions only the truth. Hope this helps.
five vehicles? wow....
and his own personal attorney too... hmmm.

Norwegian

That's a possibility, yes.

lbminnesota
This is what I have been wondering for days now!

This is sounding like the same questions asked in the Anthony case.

bessie
11-18-2009, 05:35 PM
Police Reports - Mario McNeil & April Autry (Mario's girlfriend)

Just need to enter Case # - on this police report, you will see who Mario lives with

11/13/09 - Forced Break-In at April's Home - Case # 039644
Thanks, lbminnesota. This is interesting. I wonder what was on the stolen computer.

lbminnesota
11-18-2009, 05:36 PM
Is it possible the date of the video is wrong?

Kimberlyd125
That's a possibility, yes.

So basically, most everybody in here thinks dad should have seen what was going on and should take part of the blame for Shaniya's death, but you think Dad could have lost custody to MOMSTER if there was a court battle???
I'm not getting that.

Muffet
As for the blanket, I really haven't drawn any personal conclusions as to why I think it was found in the condition it was, I just have a plethora of possibilities, one of which I will share since I am not sure it has been discussed at length. Victims of sexual abuse are dehumanized by their abusers, the abuser wants total power and they find joy in making the abused suffer. That being said, it is a possibility Shaniya was being kept locked away in a closet or such, only being allowed out when the abusers saw fit. She may have been kept there for long periods of time, or as punishment for being uncooperative. She may have been locked away clothed or unclothed, with a blanket or without, but if she was unable to get to a restroom to relieve herself due to this circumstance, it could be another theory as to the soiled blanket. I know there are many possible scenarios, but I also feel this one carries weight.

Just got a kick in the gut to find myself reacting to this possibility with relief. :no: It's better than the alternative prevailing theory, but it's still a horror.

Tricia
11-18-2009, 05:37 PM
Hi Everyone,

I know you are all chomping at the bit to get a forum going for sweet Shaniya.

When we put a case into its own forum it is because we see the potential for great interest and for the case taking a long time to come to a conclusion. We have to have both of these elements before we give a case a full forum.

Right now we have the Interest. We need to wait a bit and see how it plays out before we assign Shaniya a forum.

It won't be much longer so keep on posting. We will decide soon.

Tricia

JulieR
11-18-2009, 05:38 PM
Maybe the son?

Could be a leased work car.

smart blonde
11-18-2009, 05:39 PM
My understanding was that this was AD getting indignant at Carey for disciplining Shaniya for fussing with her cousins, which would be Carey's children.

Obviously, it was a pathetic attempt to find fault with Carey, and AD's hypocrisy is nauseating.
Oh. I had the entire thing backwards. I thought it was the other way around.

Thank you for the clarification!

lbminnesota
11-18-2009, 05:39 PM

Early on, I remember someone from the park being interviewed and said they saw her playing.

jnTexas
11-18-2009, 05:40 PM
Dear Posters:

It's a violation of TOS to post or repost personal information--dates of birth, addresses, phone numbers, etc--or post links to such information for innocent parties, i.e. those not named as main suspects by LE.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Hoppy

Thanks Hoppy!! :angel:I now know for future reference.:angel:

Kimberlyd125
11-18-2009, 05:41 PM
Early on, I remember someone from the park being interviewed and said they saw her playing.

I also remember that. It was a neighbor. But I have not idea where a link for that would be. But, FWIW, I remember it.

2curious
11-18-2009, 05:41 PM
... and Coe says he never saw her in the "living room" when he was there or when he slept there. Whatever that means. Was she not even there or was she kept in a different room?

Did AD live with her sister and some other kids? I'd assume LE has interviewed the sister already.

From what I understand, from other posts and the interview with the landlord, The aunt, AD's sister rented the MH. She must have an infant. The landlord was not aware that AD was there, her son much less Shaniya.

AD had told Cary and BL that she had gotten herslf together and even had her own home.

songline
11-18-2009, 05:42 PM
Her son may be able to say I saw Shaniya go with a man.
I doubt that he can say sex slave, pimping, prostitution,
I guess what I am saying is the boys knowledge has to be limited.

Jamiejy
11-18-2009, 05:45 PM
Her son may be able to say I saw Shaniya go with a man.
I doubt that he can say sex slave, pimping, prostitution,
I guess what I am saying is the boys knowledge has to be limited.

Yeah your right with his limited knowledege but maybe he could give an idea about how she was treated like if she was punished all the time or if she was locked in the bedroom with men going in all the time (sorry for typing this) if that's what was happening.

mydailyopinions
So basically, most everybody in here thinks dad should have seen what was going on and should take part of the blame for Shaniya's death, but you think Dad could have lost custody to MOMSTER if there was a court battle???
I'm not getting that.

I don't lay any of the blame for Shaniya's death on her father. I blame the murderer for killing her.
I do feel that neither of the bio parents would be awarded custody of Shaniya.
Between mom's drug use, or the things that have went on around her, or dad's job and the fact that his other children are living elsewhere..
I too think this is why there never was any court orders where Shaniya was concerned because both of them would loose her.
I wish Aunt Carey would have filed for custody..

Pookie's Mom
Just throwing my 2 cents in but it is my understanding that BL's name is not on Shaniya's birth certificated. That would mean technically he has no real right to her. In order to actually obtain legal custody he would have needed a paternity test and gone to court. For whatever reason I don't think that was done, so when AD had Shaniya, actually she didn't have to give her back and I am sure she and BL knew that. Just sayin, and JMO.

Norwegian
I'm not getting that.

Over custody, yes.

"A mother's special bond" and blahblah.... dad have a record of domestic violence. If they had fought in court, I think there's a good chance mom would have gotten Shaniya.

You can be poor, live in very simple conditions, be unemployed etc... but you don't necessarily have to be a bad parent. And vise versa.

I'm talking about before all of this, not now.

southernvagirl
11-18-2009, 05:47 PM
"This isn't about (Brad) or (Antoinette), this is about (Shaniya)," "Keep the focus on (Shaniya)," gee where have we heard this before :confused:

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7125084

:parrot: God, love you Kiki,,,,,,I have had my hink up since I realized the serious descrepancy in social status, in the dad and the child he "loved so much" living in filth with druggie for a mom....Having just started to live with this POS, and he saying,,he wanted her to be a mother....I am gagging as I type that.

MommyInHighHeels
11-18-2009, 05:48 PM
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6444454/

"In an affidavit for a warrant to search McNeill's 1997 Mitsubishi Galant, investigators said McNeill told them he picked Shaniya up in front of her home and drove her to the hotel. Investigators also said they found feces smeared on the outside door handle of the front door to the home and on the handrail of the steps to the front porch.

Police recovered 11 pieces of trace evidence, such as hair and fibers, from the car, as well as clothes, a belt, a straw, a cell phone and a portable GPS system, according to the search warrant."

songline
I may have missed that.
Not to our knowledge Unless ?I missed something.
It was just an informal agreement.

BlOnDe_GuRrL
i'm still trying to figure out where the info came that shaniya was being sold by her mother?? like, how did LE get this info? did coe say something? what about mam?

Jersey*Girl
Police Reports - Mario McNeil & April Autry (Mario's girlfriend)

11/13/09 - Forced Break-In at April's Home - Case # 039644

#12483 - Did you see what the theft was? E-MACHINE...As we all know, that's a computer. Hmmm...

Here's a pic of the report:

http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt263/spedtial/Shaniya%20Davis/12483reportresized.jpg

mysticrose
11-18-2009, 05:49 PM
Thanks, lbminnesota. This is interesting. I wonder what was on the stolen computer.

Probally alot of things certain people do not want found ......trail leading back to them. If LE was able to get a hold of his computer they would find alot of information such as screen names and such and follow a trail to a much bigger problem I would bet...jmo

gplablogger
11-18-2009, 05:50 PM
Okay...I'm back. Now I need to play catch up. Has this been posted?

"Police now believe Shaniya's mother was lying and that the call was part of a cover-up. They say Antoinette Davis knew just hours earlier she had sold her daughter as a sex slave."

http://www.thegrio.com/2009/11/911-call-was-a-cover-up-police-say.php

Kimberlyd125
11-18-2009, 05:50 PM
Over custody, yes.

"A mother's special bond" and blahblah.... dad have a record of domestic violence. If they had fought in court, I think there's a good chance mom would have gotten Shaniya.

You can be poor, live in very simple conditions, be unemployed etc... but you don't necessarily have to be a bad parent. And vise versa.

So, even with all the reasons stated on here that dad should have done something, you think a court of law would have handed her to AD?

I never said anything about the poor/rich, employed/unemployed. That is the furtherest thing from my mind.

What I'm thinking is the child protection issues. Are there any records of them called to dad's.

songline
11-18-2009, 05:51 PM
I did read in an article online somewhere that BL was paying child support for 3 children, one child being Shaniya. I thought when I read that, that it was odd that he would pay support for her if he had custody of her... wierd. Perhaps the article was a misprint? Who knows? Surely AD was not receiving support from him...to me that would be insane.
:waitasec:He had children with deceased Wife; I thought that he was paying for those kids. and that Shanaya was shuffled around.

jnTexas
11-18-2009, 05:52 PM
Just throwing my 2 cents in but it is my understanding that BL's name is not on Shaniya's birth certificated. That would mean technically he has no real right to her. In order to actually obtain legal custody he would have needed a paternity test and gone to court. For whatever reason I don't think that was done, so when AD had Shaniya, actually she didn't have to give her back and I am sure she and BL knew that. Just sayin, and JMO.

If he is not on the birth certifcate will he get custody of her remains?

monicac220
Hi all, I'm new here, but I used to participate in another message board back in the Laci Peterson days (and occasionally since then on other cases like Trenton, Caylee, Haleigh). Unfortunately the other boards don't have much sleuthing going on these days, so I'm glad I found this place, you all are doing some great research! I'm really interested in all of your theories, this case is truly bizarre. I'm still getting caught up reading everything that has been covered here so far, so forgive me if this question has already been asked:

Are there any links to the news coverage about Shaniya's disappearance before her body was found? I hadn't heard about it until then, but I know Nancy Grace stated she was praying about it all weekend, so I don't know if she covered it last week. I remember hearing that BL went on TV to beg for Shaniya's return, did AD ever make such a public appearance? My understanding was that she wasn't arrested until a few days after the disappearance.

TIA!

Kimberlyd125
I've seen the address on that report before.

ETA: And that victims name (I do not think that picture of that report should be on here - it has personal info on a victim)

mrtabby
11-18-2009, 05:53 PM
http://chatham.mync.com/site/Chatham...a-better-home/

Sorry - I'm a bit behind - maybe this has already been posted - more sad - and infuriating - insight into the family dynamics

ElizaAvalon
11-18-2009, 05:53 PM
Thank you, Tricia.

It would be wonderful to give Shaniya her own forum.

I stopped reading/posting/following the Somer Thompson threads because it got so tedious trying to shift through all of those posts coming from so many different directions.

I'm sure the decision of whether or not to start a new forum entails much more than I'm aware of.

Oh, I hear you. I just went to the Somer thread a few minutes ago and people digging up stuff that was sleuthed and posted a month ago as if it were brand new info.

However... having one thread is like having one long conversation, which is kind of nice.

So there's good and bad to having a forum, IMO.

Jersey*Girl
11-18-2009, 05:54 PM
Hi Everyone,

I know you are all chomping at the bit to get a forum going for sweet Shaniya.

When we put a case into its own forum it is because we see the potential for great interest and for the case taking a long time to come to a conclusion. We have to have both of these elements before we give a case a full forum.

Right now we have the Interest. We need to wait a bit and see how it plays out before we assign Shaniya a forum.

It won't be much longer so keep on posting. We will decide soon.

Tricia

Thanks, Tricia. Hopefully, once they charge whomever with murder, we can have our thread. It's great when we're able to have everything organized. Hope all goes well and everyone involved is hung in this case!

bessie
Probally alot of things certain people do not want found ......trail leading back to them. If LE was able to get a hold of his computer they would find alot of information such as screen names and such and follow a trail to a much bigger problem I would bet...jmo
Yep. Exactly what I was thinking, especially if MAM was using the computer for "marketing" purposes. And the next day, someone attempted to break into the house where he lived with gf. It sounds to me like MAM wanted evidence removed quickly and hired someone to do it. Maybe the thieves supplied the info that led to his arrest and/or discovery of her body.

mrtabby
ok - oops - I don't think I linked it properly - that website has an article everyone should read

EclecticArtist
11-18-2009, 05:55 PM
Something tells me that after the first couple of days, Shaniya was banished to the bedroom, and kept there.

That would explain Coe's statement that she was never in the living room, also.

BUT, being that Coe was AD's current boyfriend, when he spent the night, where did they sleep, in the living room??? Shaniya in the bedroom? NOT! Looks to me like Ad and Coe would have a nice soft cozy bed and little Shaniyn was forced to the couch... But, if he said he never saw her in the living room, he never said she was in the bedroom, did he???? :waitasec: Perhaps what he was saying is that she was not even there!

Jersey*Girl
11-18-2009, 05:55 PM
Oh, I hear you. I just went to the Somer thread a few minutes ago and people digging up stuff that was sleuthed and posted a month ago as if it were brand new info.

However... having one thread is like having one long conversation, which is kind of nice.

So there's good and bad to having a forum, IMO.

Totally agree. It's great to have the ongoing dialogue in a general discussion thread. Once Shaniya gets her own forum, we'll have to stick to the topic of each thread's subject title.

jnTexas
11-18-2009, 05:56 PM

"In an affidavit for a warrant to search McNeill's 1997 Mitsubishi Galant, investigators said McNeill told them he picked Shaniya up in front of her home and drove her to the hotel. Investigators also said they found feces smeared on the outside door handle of the front door to the home and on the handrail of the steps to the front porch.

Police recovered 11 pieces of trace evidence, such as hair and fibers, from the car, as well as clothes, a belt, a straw, a cell phone and a portable GPS system, according to the search warrant."

I truly hope that gps was plugged in and on. LE will be able to see exactly where he has been on his little trip.

sniperacer

Yes, at the time he would certainly have. Shaniya was living with her mother from birth to some young age. Shaniya had an older brother (now 7) living with mother. The courts do not take young children away from their mothers.

Pookie's Mom

that's a good question. I don't know, but if he is not legally recognized as the father he may not be entitled to them, not sure exactly how the laws in that state work.

debbie0604
11-18-2009, 05:57 PM
Over custody, yes.

Bolded by me...

I respectfully disagree....

Dad seems to have a little bit more money that AD... according to what has been revealed in the news (prior to Shaniya's death), there has been history of abuse to Shaniya (cigarette burns) AND AD's drug history and periods of unemployment and nonstable home life. IMO he could have hired a family court attorney and won full custody of little Shaniya based on AD's history and Shaniya's previous abuse had he been diligent in doing so. All he had to do is submit to a paternal DNA test (doesn't matter that his name is not on the birth certificate) to claim parental rights. He chose not to do that for whatever reason... also chose to allow little Shaniya to go to visit her bio mom (taking her out of school to do so - which IMO is really strange). The entire story is very strange IMO. That's all I'm sayin... I don't think he would have lost custody to the mom had her pursued it..... and as far as the "mother's special bond" goes.. AD NEVER HAD IT.

southernvagirl
I agree and stated as much the other night. It became inconvenient to have her around. Sorry, but Dad doesn't get a pass from me. How many kids? From how many mothers? Living with how many different people? He plants his seed all over the countryside, then lords over the offspring from above. Yeah, he's a good ole boy for sure. :sick:

Someone mentioned this on one of these boards and I could not begin to know where I read this but, has anyone wondered why the dad BL, has 2 different dialects. On NG the other night he spoke one way,,then at the vigil the other night he spoke with a completely different one...

Kimberlyd125
Yes, at the time he would certainly have. Shaniya was living with her mother from birth to some young age. Shaniya had an older brother (now 7) living with mother. The courts do not take young children away from their mothers.

They do if there are records of making drugs and burning children.
They sure do.

songline
Because of BS.
seems Auntie reprimanded shaniya for having fought with her cousins.:waitasec:
I told you it was a BS excuse.....

belimom
11-18-2009, 05:59 PM
I wonder if Nancy Grace will cover the new info discussed regarding BL from the children/friends/ex-FIL?

southernvagirl
11-18-2009, 06:00 PM
the second kiss looked to me like he was saying something...like wrap it up...quit talking...I couldn't read his lips and surely couldn't hear him. It's just what I thought I seen.

Did everyone notice he came out exactly after NG said something, referring to his mother getting killed. I don't think BL wants the public knowing the history of this family.

Heroine
11-18-2009, 06:00 PM
Just got a kick in the gut to find myself reacting to this possibility with relief. :no: It's better than the alternative prevailing theory, but it's still a horror.

As sad as it is to think, the poor little girl could have been sexually abused at 5:30 am when the mother first put her on the couch. The poor little girl could have been sexually abused the entire time she was in her mothers care. Maybe that's why the mother left her there. She may not have known they would take her. Either way I can't believe people can be so cruel to their own children or any child for that matter.
Now that I think of it, maybe CC was trying to tell us something when he say's "I have never seen the little girl in the living room" esp. when he says you figure it out. maybe she was locked away and invisible to visitors.

mysticrose
11-18-2009, 06:02 PM
Here is what a 1997 Mitsubishi Galant looks like:

Hopeful One
11-18-2009, 06:03 PM

Wow, thanks for that link. That's quite a bit of info when we've been scrounging for any little detail we can get!!

EclecticArtist
11-18-2009, 06:04 PM
Someone mentioned this on one of these boards and I could not begin to know where I read this but, has anyone wondered why the dad BL, has 2 different dialects. On NG the other night he spoke one way,,then at the vigil the other night he spoke with a completely different one...

He speaketh in "tongues"...... :doh:

Kimberlyd125
Wow, thanks for that link. That's quite a bit of info when we've been scrounging for any little detail we can get!!

Did anyone notice the person talking about MAM on that report was the victim from the report posted a couple pages back, the b&e victim???

gplablogger

"Police now believe Shaniya's mother was lying and that the call was part of a cover-up. They say Antoinette Davis knew just hours earlier she had sold her daughter as a sex slave."

Question : since it has been established AD sold her baby, why did she name COE when she obviously knew who she sold her to?

sniperacer
11-18-2009, 06:05 PM
I'm not getting that.

Depends upon the time of the "court battle".

When Shaniya was born, she lived with mom. Any custody case at that time, would certainly grant custody to the mother and award a child support. By agreeing to child support out of court, the payments would most likely be smaller (the dad has custody court experience), so dad pays.

After some time, the mom gives the dad custody of Shaniya. After a year of living with dad, the courts would most likely grant shared custody, continue living with dad, some type of visitation and child suppport.

There are no angels here, except Shaniya.

Kimberlyd125
11-18-2009, 06:05 PM
So, the victim from the b&e was his sister!!!!

songline
11-18-2009, 06:07 PM
http://chatham.mync.com/site/Chatham...a-better-home/

Sorry - I'm a bit behind - maybe this has already been posted - more sad - and infuriating - insight into the family dynamics
IF you mean this one we all saw it last night.
It sure did turn many of us around.
http://news.mync.com/site/news/story/44291/amber-alert-authorities-search-for-missing-5-year-old-girl/

Jersey*Girl
11-18-2009, 06:08 PM

It doesn't matter if he's on the birth certificate or not if a dna test has or will be done & it shows him to be Shaniya's biological father. Right now, Antoinette is incarcerated, so she has no rights to Shaniya while she's in jail.

jnTexas
11-18-2009, 06:08 PM
Here is what a 1997 Mitsubishi Galant looks like:

We are truck and SUV people. that car would make me think toyota!!

essies
11-18-2009, 06:10 PM
Because of BS.
seems Auntie reprimanded shaniya for having fought with her cousins.:waitasec:
I told you it was a BS excuse.....

I gotcha!! AD was looking for an excuse not to return Shaniya! So, then at least a week before she was reported missing-the perps were working on why Shaniya would never been seen by her other family again!!:furious:

debbie0604
11-18-2009, 06:10 PM
Somewhere I had heard that Coe had taken Shaniya in his car in the beginning. I think I heard that when he was first arrested. Did anyone else hear that also?

mrtabby
11-18-2009, 06:11 PM
IF you mean this one we all saw it last night.
It sure did turn many of us around.
http://news.mync.com/site/news/story/44291/amber-alert-authorities-search-for-missing-5-year-old-girl/

I thought maybe everyone had seen it - not too much gets by this group!!

All this information - it's really hard to process....

lbminnesota
I'm not getting that.

In regards to custody, a judge would consider his extensive travel for work. MOO

winterrose

Aunt Carey said she hadn't spoken to her since the four weeks before when she dropped her off for a two day visit,that would have been on a Sunday,from what she said.

Actually she said packed enough clothes for two days,she didn't say two day visit.I just assume she thought it would be for two days.But,if it was on a Sunday,she had school the next day and I thought she had weekend visits sometimes.Why not be dropping her off on a Friday night for a two day visit?

bessie
11-18-2009, 06:12 PM
Somewhere I had heard that Coe had taken Shaniya in his car in the beginning. I think I heard that when he was first arrested. Did anyone else hear that also?
After Coe's arrest, LE said a witness stated they saw Coe drive away from the MHP with Shaniyah that morning. LE later said the witness recanted his/her statement. In other words, it was not true.

kikid
11-18-2009, 06:14 PM
Yep. Exactly what I was thinking, especially if MAM was using the computer for "marketing" purposes. And the next day, someone attempted to break into the house where he lived with gf. It sounds to me like MAM wanted evidence removed quickly and hired someone to do it. Maybe the thieves supplied the info that led to his arrest and/or discovery of her body.

perhaps. It was stated in an article that a gps unit was recovered from MAM's vehicle after LE served a search warrant, I suspect that was the info that led them to the area in which they found her body.

debbie0604
Depends upon the time of the "court battle".

When Shaniya was born, she lived with mom. Any custody case at that time, would certainly grant custody to the mother and award a child support. By agreeing to child support out of court, the payments would most likely be smaller (the dad has custody court experience), so dad pays.

After some time, the mom gives the dad custody of Shaniya. After a year of living with dad, the courts would most likely grant shared custody, continue living with dad, some type of visitation and child suppport.

There are no angels here, except Shaniya.

Bolded by me:

Unless Dad hires an attorney and goes to family court and can prove that mom is negligent or abusive to the child during the time that mom has child. Then he can win custody of the child at that time.

miimaa

Some living in the trailer park said they saw Coe leaving with Shaniya around 11:00 pm. That has since been proven false by LE.

Kimberlyd125
Nobody else finds it odd that the victim on that report is MAM's sister??

Hopeful One

I heard it too. Not sure if it was true or not. I thought I heard that a neighbor saw him in the car with her. But maybe AD made that up?? Not sure.

miimaa
11-18-2009, 06:15 PM
Aunt Carey said she hadn't spoken to her since the four weeks before when she dropped her off for a two day visit,that would have been on a Sunday,from what she said.

Actually she said packed enough clothes for two days,she didn't say two day visit.I just assume she thought it would be for two days.But,if it was on a Sunday,she had school the next day and I thought she had weekend visits sometimes.Why not be dropping her off on a Friday night for a two day visit?

Did Carey ever go back and try to see Shaniya?

Hopeful One
11-18-2009, 06:15 PM
Some living in the trailer park said they saw Coe leaving with Shaniya around 11:00 pm. That has since been proven false by LE.

Thanks, I knew I had heard but wasn't sure if had been proven false or not.

mrtabby
11-18-2009, 06:16 PM
Some Claim Shaniya Davis Was At Risk And Needed A Better Home - Wake County - MyNC.com
Source: wake.mync.com

Has you all seen this article?

winterrose
11-18-2009, 06:17 PM
There was a computer stolen out of MaM's home when he was arrested?So,it could have been someone who is part of this ring,if it is and his emails and such can still be retrieved from LE.I meant by LE.

Hopeful One
11-18-2009, 06:17 PM
Some Claim Shaniya Davis Was At Risk And Needed A Better Home - Wake County - MyNC.com
Source: wake.mync.com

Has you all seen this article?

Yep, that's been posted a few times. Interesting article though and I'm glad we got to hear another side of Brad and that whole situation. It sure sheds some light on things.

Kimberlyd125
11-18-2009, 06:19 PM
Also, I think the address on that report that has MAM's sister listed on it is one of the addresses I found for Samuel (who is in the pokey).
I'm thinking Samuel is MAM's father and somehow connected to this case.

ETA: Sorry, looking thru my notes, I was wrong about that address being linked to Samuel. But I still think he is connected to this case. IMO

winterrose
11-18-2009, 06:19 PM
Did Carey ever go back and try to see Shaniya?

At the presser yesterday she never said that,only she had not talked to her for four weeks.

ElizaAvalon
11-18-2009, 06:20 PM
#12483 - Did you see what the theft was? E-MACHINE...As we all know, that's a computer. Hmmm...

Here's a pic of the report:

http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt263/spedtial/Shaniya%20Davis/12483reportresized.jpg

Maybe my eyes are going bad, but does the date look like October 12, 2009?

2curious
11-18-2009, 06:21 PM

In the beginning wasn't it said somewhere that Shaniya was seen leaving the MH park with a man , that it was on video at the MHpark? Was it on HLN?

smart blonde
11-18-2009, 06:21 PM
BUT, being that Coe was AD's current boyfriend, when he spent the night, where did they sleep, in the living room??? Shaniya in the bedroom? NOT! Looks to me like Ad and Coe would have a nice soft cozy bed and little Shaniyn was forced to the couch... But, if he said he never saw her in the living room, he never said she was in the bedroom, did he???? :waitasec: Perhaps what he was saying is that she was not even there!
I believe the trailer has 2 bedrooms.

It's also possible she was made to sleep on the floor, while they shared the bed. Who knows, they could have even forced her to sleep in the closet.

Like I said in an earlier post, I don't think those adults did much sleeping, anyway.

Ms_Pants
11-18-2009, 06:22 PM
There was a computer stolen out of MaM's home when he was arrested?So,it could have been someone who is part of this ring,if it is and his emails and such can still be retrieved from LE.

If you look at the date on the report, the computer was stolen on October 12, not November 12. So I doubt it would have any information regarding Shaniya's murder since she had only come to stay 3 days prior. It could have given LE other information though, if this proves to be more than just a one-time thing.

ElizaAvalon

IMO - Shaniya was not in that home the entire night.

essies
Nobody else finds it odd that the victim on that report is MAM's sister??

This is a very small community that is plagued with poverty and drugs-shades of Satsuma!! There will be lots of ugly details and characters emerging soon I'm afraid!! IMO

bessie
There was a computer stolen out of MaM's home when he was arrested?So,it could have been someone who is part of this ring,if it is and his emails and such can still be retrieved from LE.
If they can recover it. My guess is that it's been shattered into a million pieces by now.

ElizaAvalon
11-18-2009, 06:23 PM
An e-machine is a video monitor:

http://www.techdealdigger.com/pr/cheap-emachine-e202h-wmd-20-widescreen-lcd-monitor-deals/2430

sniperacer
Bolded by me:

Unless Dad hires an attorney and goes to family court and can prove that mom is negligent or abusive to the child during the time that mom has child. Then he can win custody of the child at that time.

Like I said, it all depends upon the timing. When did mom's abuse and drug business happen - relative to Shaniya's age? I mean she had a son (now 7) that was living with her. Why was he never "taken" by CPS?

Kimberlyd125
If you look at the date on the report, the computer was stolen on October 12, not November 12. So I doubt it would have any information regarding Shaniya's murder since she had only come to stay 3 days prior. It could have given LE other information though, if this proves to be more than just a one-time thing.

But, it could have info regarding child prostitution. Maybe is was used to advertise (yuck)

doobiedoo52

I'm also wondering if the fiance even lives in NC? Have we actually seen her? Maybe he had long range plans to move elsewhere and didn't want to
take Shaniya. Just a thought.

debbie0604
11-18-2009, 06:24 PM
In the beginning wasn't it said somewhere that Shaniya was seen leaving the MH park with a man , that it was on video at the MHpark? Was it on HLN?
Yes, you are right. I remember that now, and it was on HLN, because that's the channel I watch.

bessie
11-18-2009, 06:25 PM
This is a very small community that is plagued with poverty and drugs-shades of Satsuma!! There will be lots of ugly details and characters emerging soon I'm afraid!! IMO
Hold on. Just because the computer was in his sister's home does not in any way implicate her! Let's nip that one in the bud right now.

LadyL
11-18-2009, 06:26 PM
Tim Allen has been caring for Lockhart's 17-year-old daughter, Cheyenne. He said Tuesday evening that he told Lockhart not to send Shaniya to live with her mother.

"I feel he is 99 percent the reason why this happened in the first place,” Allen said of Shaniya’s death.

Allen said after Shaniya went to her mother’s house, he noticed marks on her arms.

"Boyfriends and his friends would put the cigarettes out on the baby's arms,” he said.

http://www.ncwanted.com/ncwanted_home/story/6435879/

If Tim Allen knew that Shaniya was being abused, then he's just as responsible as anyone else - he should've called CPS himself as many times as it took to get her out of that abusive situation. Here he is putting 99% of the blame on the father & not being accountable for his own (in)action. That's disgusting to me, that he would publicly call out a grieving father in the worst hour of his life.

momof2boys
11-18-2009, 06:26 PM
I was just looking at these reports one is 10/12 which was before Shinaya went missing. I wonder if this was a typo. On the second report AA is that a new GF because she identified the person...hmmm.

sniperacer
11-18-2009, 06:27 PM
Back on subject.

What happened to the old guy in the blue toyota with the BOLO?

Have the LE determined this was BS?

Kimberlyd125
Hold on. Just because the computer was in his sister's home does not in any way implicate her! Let's nip that one in the bud right now.

Did she live in the household with MAM?

SondraK
I'm going to wade in with a "could it be?"

Coe said she was never on the couch when he was there, so figure it out.
If the couch was being used as the place to abuse Shaniya by whomever, he could be saying it was not being done when he was there.

When Coe came by the next morning and was upset that AD had not reported the girl missing, she was forced to call 911 earlier than she had planned.

Coe then leaves and she is angry with him so she leads LE to believe that he may have taken her. I do believe that there was a case of mistaken identity by a neighbor that started Coe's involvement though.

McNeill took Shaniya to sell before dad returned and for whatever reason the deal fell through. He did not expect the police to be called so soon and may even have meant to be back in the area by the time they began looking for her and have an alibi for the time she was reported being gone.

Possible???

kikid
Bolded by me...

I respectfully disagree....

Dad seems to have a little bit more money that AD... according to what has been revealed in the news (prior to Shaniya's death), there has been history of abuse to Shaniya (cigarette burns) AND AD's drug history and periods of unemployment and nonstable home life. IMO he could have hired a family court attorney and won full custody of little Shaniya based on AD's history and Shaniya's previous abuse had he been diligent in doing so. All he had to do is submit to a paternal DNA test (doesn't matter that his name is not on the birth certificate) to claim parental rights. He chose not to do that for whatever reason... also chose to allow little Shaniya to go to visit her bio mom (taking her out of school to do so - which IMO is really strange). The entire story is very strange IMO. That's all I'm sayin... I don't think he would have lost custody to the mom had her pursued it..... and as far as the "mother's special bond" goes.. AD NEVER HAD IT.

it really depends, before he could file for custody he'd have to establish paternity. Maybe he wasn't 100% certain how that would pan out - maybe AD at some point after he'd formed a bond with Shaniya told him he might not be the biological daddy? If for no other reason than to mess with his head? After establishing paternity he'd be liable to pay AD child support, especially if AD thought it was going to benefit her to have custody of Shaniya in that way.

He could also have had demons in his past equal to AD's drug abuse?? we don't know but we do know at some point their worlds collided and he impregnated her, so what was he doing in her world at that time???

Kimberlyd125
11-18-2009, 06:28 PM
If Tim Allen knew that Shaniya was being abused, then he's just as responsible as anyone else - he should've called CPS himself as many times as it took to get her out of that abusive situation. Here he is putting 99% of the blame on the father & not being accountable for his own (in)action. That's disgusting to me, that he would publicly call out a grieving father in the worst hour of his life.

I totally agree.

JennyMominRI
I'm a newbie,but I'd like to make a couple of points. I'm a homeschooler and up here in RI I report to the school board and they keep track of my son and I. Many states don't require any sort of reporting. It may be that someone claimed Shaniya was being homeschooled, hence no further involvement by the school district.
I've also seen a lot of comments about the boyfriend being HIV positive and the so called mother and babies status. I am HIV pos and have been for almost 19 years. I was on active duty in the Marines and was infected by my then husband. It is very likely that this unborn baby will be HIV neg as long as the mother(hate to use that term) takes meds during pregnancy. That baby has a better than 98% chance of being HIV neg. That poor baby should not have to pay for her parents mistakes. I assume the state will grab that baby as soon as she's born

2curious
Yes, you are right. I remember that now, and it was on HLN, because that's the channel I watch.

I'm glad someone else remembers...I thought maybe I had dreamed it.

Did they ever say what kind of car? Maybe it matches one that has been mentioned here, one of MAM's or the mysterious Toyota.

momof2boys
it is also a computer as well. My son has one.

spamelope
11-18-2009, 06:29 PM
Question : since it has been established AD sold her baby, why did she name COE when she obviously knew who she sold her to?

I have a problem with this whole story. While I think AD is a POS, I'm not so sure Shaniya wasn't abducted by MAM without her knowledge. I'm sure not going to trust the same LE agency that arrested Coe for info. I want to know more about the "home invasion" in which BL's wife was murdered. I think it's really hinky that the pictures were taken off the walls. What kind of criminals do that?

gplablogger
"Somerindyke said Saturday that Antoinette Davis's initial report had prompted the arrest of Clarence D. Coe on Wednesday.

Coe, 30, was charged with first-degree kidnapping. Police said then that witnesses had seen Coe drive out of the park with Shaniya on Tuesday. The charges against Coe were dropped after McNeill turned himself in.

Saturday, standing in his front yard off Ramsey Street, Coe said he plans to take legal action against the Fayetteville Police Department.

Coe said police wrongfully accused him and ignored a tip about McNeill before Coe was charged.

"They came after the easy target instead," said Coe, who said he was at his house when Shaniya went missing. "I was here the whole time."

Coe said he and Shaniya's mother, Antoinette Davis, were in a relationship and that Davis is pregnant with his child. He said Shaniya, though not his biological daughter, called him "daddy" and was wearing his other daughter's clothes when she was kidnapped. :furious: :furious: :furious:

Coe said he's had trouble getting a job because he's a convicted felon. He said that having a kidnapping charge added to his record, regardless of it having been dropped, will make finding work impossible.

Coe said he doesn't know McNeill, nor what his motive may have been.":waitasec:

http://fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/15/952410

Kimberlyd125
Did we ever find out if the kindergarten was optional or mandatory? I know it's different in different parts of the country.

southernvagirl
11-18-2009, 06:30 PM

As my dear Grandmother would say "Lord have mercy"...When I read the part about feces being on the door handle and the handrail,,I could see Shanyia grabbing the door handle and handrail trying to keep from been taken from that trailer..I don't know if I can stay for the real facts to come out and tell what that poor angel suffered, at the hands of these demons.

debbie0604
11-18-2009, 06:30 PM
Like I said, it all depends upon the timing. When did mom's abuse and drug business happen - relative to Shaniya's age? I mean she had a son (now 7) that was living with her. Why was he never "taken" by CPS?
RE: Son - That's a very good question.. I would like to know the answer to that myself. According to what I've heard, DCFACS has been involved with AD but did no follow-up which is very disturbing considering the allegations of abuse with Shaniya in the past and what has happened now....the entire case is very disturbing IMO.

winterrose
11-18-2009, 06:31 PM
If they can recover it. My guess is that it's been shattered into a million pieces by now.

I meant his email hosts,he has FB and if he had an internet host with email address or they can check the main ones,yahoo,hotmail,etc and retrieve emails from any of his email a/c's.They did that with CA and some others in case.

Coolmomof4
11-18-2009, 06:32 PM
wow! get out. learn something new everyday. i think that should change. its hard enough to keep track of all these kids especially the ones that are not in school.

I know! It's the same here in GA. Although to NC's credit, they are trying to change the mandatory attendance age to 18. I think that's great.

southernvagirl
11-18-2009, 06:33 PM
I'm not getting that. Unless there was something in his background, I think he would have won,,,but we will never know because he didn't even try.

winterrose
11-18-2009, 06:35 PM
I'm so glad they got his cellphone,they can also check phone records,bank a/cs,etc.That report does say Oct,I wonder if they wrote it wrong,or was break in actually in Oct.The name on the report is the name that comes up on searches for relatives,actually.

debbie0604
11-18-2009, 06:37 PM
it really depends, before he could file for custody he'd have to establish paternity. Maybe he wasn't 100% certain how that would pan out - maybe AD at some point after he'd formed a bond with Shaniya told him he might not be the biological daddy? If for no other reason than to mess with his head? After establishing paternity he'd be liable to pay AD child support, especially if AD thought it was going to benefit her to have custody of Shaniya in that way.

He could also have had demons in his past equal to AD's drug abuse?? we don't know but we do know at some point their worlds collided and he impregnated her, so what was he doing in her world at that time???
I've wondered that also... from what I've read, she was his babysitter at one time???? Strange....

I also read that he was paying child support to AD... not sure if he was still paying support to her if he had custody of Shaniya at the time prior to her going to stay with AD. If that is true, then that would mean that they both acknowledged paternity IMO. I think that Shaniya looks alot like BL (IMO). Who knows? I think alot of stuff is going to come out on both sides in this story... so sad..

momof2boys
OK she has not talked to Shaniya in 4 weeks. Her Mom took her out school and she was the Guardian according the school. Would the school not call and ask where the child was? when she receives this call, Why not call the dad and say hey you need to get your but back to NC something is up with Shaniya. This is just not adding up. Somebody is not telling the truth.

jamiect
I'm a newbie,but I'd like to make a couple of points. I'm a homeschooler and up here in RI I report to the school board and they keep track of my son and I. Many states don't require any sort of reporting. It may be that someone claimed Shaniya was being homeschooled, hence no further involvement by the school district.
I've also seen a lot of comments about the boyfriend being HIV positive and the so called mother and babies status. I am HIV pos and have been for almost 19 years. I was on active duty in the Marines and was infected by my then husband. It is very likely that this unborn baby will be HIV neg as long as the mother(hate to use that term) takes meds during pregnancy. That baby has a better than 98% chance of being HIV neg. That poor baby should not have to pay for her parents mistakes. I assume the state will grab that baby as soon as she's born

Jenny..Thanks for sharing your story:blowkiss: And welcome to WS's.

gitana1
11-18-2009, 06:38 PM
None of us knows yet and maybe we never will, but I just have this feeling that the feces were from the sewage backup. He put the blanket on her when taking her out, noticed the smell (it could have brushed the porch as they were leaving), and tossed the blanket. It's possible that the 3am sound had nothing to do with this case. If it did, he left earlier than 5:30 am obviously.

The images of her in the hotel don't seem to me that she had already been raped, especially rectally. She just looks trusting and curious, poor baby.

This is my opinion and it can change as more info comes to light.

I disagree. Children who are abused do not express their fear in obvious ways. She looked tired and frightened. Also, the position of her legs was defensive. I think she had been assaulted by then and had no choice but to be in the arms of the man that either harmed her or allowed her to be harmed. It is very hard to contemplate what that poor baby went through.

Coolmomof4
11-18-2009, 06:38 PM
they do, i know my dd cant miss more than i think 8 days? a semester before we get in trouble..

Problem is the system is so bogged down. If she had gone into the school and disenrolled her she could have said a number of things... we're moving but don't know where to, we're going to homeschool, going to private school...

they would have possibly given her the disenrollment paperwork pending papers from the new school or homeschool verification. It would have taken the system weeks or months to catch on... especially in the beginning of the school year.

I have friends who teach in different areas of NC, and a sis in law who teaches Kinder in Lee county. Sanford is filled with migrants and illegals. They have an influx of children coming and going. It would take awhile for the ysytem to catch on that she wasn't enrolled anywhere. Fayetteville area is similar in some areas. Then you have Ft. Bragg kids who are in and out.

Patty G
11-18-2009, 06:39 PM
Did we ever find out if the kindergarten was optional or mandatory? I know it's different in different parts of the country.

Try this link and tell me what you think. I don't see anywhere that children don't have to attend until age 7 BUT I'll admit I am a bit worn-out! :banghead:

http://www.dpi.state.nc.us/stateboard/legal/schoolentry

BlOnDe_GuRrL

o/y but my best friend has been hiv pos since 1987 and her husband of 8 years has never contracted hiv, nor have her 3 kids.

bessie
Did she live in the household with MAM?

I get the feeling he sometimes stayed with family and sometimes in the house with gf. It makes no difference in regard to the computer. There is absolutely NOTHING known at this time that would indicate the sister knew he used the computer for illegal purposes, if, in fact, he did.

winterrose
OK she has not talked to Shaniya in 4 weeks. Her Mom took her out school and she was the Guardian according the school. Would the school not call and ask where the child was? when she receives this call, Why not call the dad and say hey you need to get your but back to NC something is up with Shaniya. This is just not adding up. Somebody is not telling the truth.

Yep,that's right.

Kimberlyd125
11-18-2009, 06:40 PM
Unless there was something in his background, I think he would have won,,,but we will never know because he didn't even try.

Maybe he didn't think he needed to try because she never showed much interest in being a mom. JMO

LogicalMinds
11-18-2009, 06:41 PM
Kinda like saying the "only error" European elites did was forget to read Hitler's Mein Kampf, or saying the "only error" the NASA mgrs made in launching Challenger was ignore the temp, ice on launch pad, engineering data, and internal warnings indicating flight safety problems. Or how about FEMA, their "only error" was failing to deploy resources... isn't history literally littered, or more closely correlated, aren't social worker's case files filled w casualties of child abuse whose cases were never properly investigated? :waitasec:

Sins of omission can have as detrimental or lethal consequences as sins of commission.

If dad in fact lived so far away and had only this crackhead's word to go by, all the more reason to be skeptical, wary and not take her word! Her word it turns out wasn't worth a dime bag. I read a report where dad claimed she had "shown" him she'd cleaned up her act. :rolleyes: No she didn't... she TOLD dad... omg HUGE DIFFERENCE. Anyone can say anything SHOW me don't TELL me. All *I* wanna know is what "normal" person never seeks to find out for themselves whether there's any truth or validity to the claims, or think twice before allowing a helpless child to go even for one day much less unsupervised visits for weeks at a stretch gmab. They would have been better off leaving Shaniya ALONE. BY HERSELF. FOR WEEKS. ANYWHERE, but that God forsaken dump w this "bio mom.":banghead:

:dance::dance::bow::bow:

GREAT POST ! Needs repeating..again and again

My thoughts exactly.....the road to H//ll is paved with "good intentions" ..
or maybe just mediocre, self serving intentions

(((hugs))) to you and your sweet KikiBird!!!

Kimberlyd125
11-18-2009, 06:41 PM
I've wondered that also... from what I've read, she was his babysitter at one time???? Strange....

I also read that he was paying child support to AD... not sure if he was still paying support to her if he had custody of Shaniya at the time prior to her going to stay with AD. If that is true, then that would mean that they both acknowledged paternity IMO. I think that Shaniya looks alot like BL (IMO). Who knows? I think alot of stuff is going to come out on both sides in this story... so sad..

regarding the babysitter thing, I beleive that came from a post on a blog. I'm not sure that is a fact.

JennyMominRI
11-18-2009, 06:42 PM

The following states require students to attend kindergarten:

Alaska

Arizona*

Delaware

District of Columbia

Florida

Louisiana

Maryland

Ohio

Oklahoma

Rhode Island

South Carolina*

Tennessee

Virginia

North Carolina has mandatory attendance between the ages of 7 and 16

QuietStorm
11-18-2009, 06:43 PM
Also, I think the address on that report that has MAM's sister listed on it is one of the addresses I found for Samuel (who is in the pokey).
I'm thinking Samuel is MAM's father and somehow connected to this case.

ETA: Sorry, looking thru my notes, I was wrong about that address being linked to Samuel. But I still think he is connected to this case. IMO

I am wondering if Dustrum (sp) is MAM's dad or relative. His rap sheet is downright scary and he drives a Toyota.

passionflower
11-18-2009, 06:44 PM
I'm surprised that Shaniya really ever wanted to go to momster's house ever!
Were there signs of crying? temper tantrums?, hiding?
Why would Shaniya ever be happy there?
Think she had friends? love? toys? NOT!!!
No one listened to any of her stories?
I know 1st hand that my mom never and still doesn't believe me, BUT
I stopped my sperm donor from getting me when I was 5 by acting up.
I had to talk to a social worker at age 5 and when I told her how I had to live
on his weekend visits, his visits stopped...........and I'm glad 55 years later!!!

Kimberlyd125
11-18-2009, 06:44 PM
Try this link and tell me what you think. I don't see anywhere that children don't have to attend until age 7 BUT I'll admit I am a bit worn-out! :banghead:

http://www.dpi.state.nc.us/stateboard/legal/schoolentry

Thanks Patty
I do not think it is mandatory from this snipped from your link you provided.

Is kindergarten compulsory in North Carolina?
No. All public school systems must offer kindergarten, but children are not required to attend

mama2echo
11-18-2009, 06:45 PM

its not madatory in NC...but where she was already enrolled i believe something should of been said if no one took her out themselves(meaning if she just stopped showing up)

songline

JUST THINKING..............
If MAM was "marketing" the baby, It is possible someone in the hotel set up video to only show him walking out with a live child and nothing more. PREPLANNED.
Maybe the video was played around with.
I can not imagine a 45 minute hotel stop. BUT.... I can imaging using the video to create some show, alibi, etc....
Maybe that hotel is a pit stop for all sorts of deviants, and there is someone on the inside making money on it.
I think MAM knew where there were No videos at all, and has dropped SD off long before that morning, going in unseen.
What if :waitasec: MAM had walked IN the hotel several days before, totally possible, delivering her to her appointments; she was without shoes could he have been coming from another room. Shaniya may have been there for days.

He knew when AD was going to call the cops. It was pre planned. so that if she comes back telling bad stories, at least they will have on record an abduction.

When MAM finally left the hotel he could have had one more appointment, (hoping that perp will take the heat when he is found with her) but that perp turned the radio on and heard something while driving with his trophy so he just did his deed and then ditched the child.
I STILL DO NOT understand how she could have been that decomposed. she was not out there but one day. :waitasec:

JennyMominRI
o/y but my best friend has been hiv pos since 1987 and her husband of 8 years has never contracted hiv, nor have her 3 kids.

I'm sorry, I'm not quite sure how OT we are allowed to go here.
It is much much harder to pass HIV from female to male. Perinatal transmission is a lot lower than most people would guess, even in someone completely untreated

winterrose
Okay,so say the break in was Oct 11th,and if Carey was correct in four weeks ago on a Sunday that would be Oct 18,a week after the break in.

lbminnesota
11-18-2009, 06:46 PM
I've seen the address on that report before.

ETA: And that victims name (I do not think that picture of that report should be on here - it has personal info on a victim)

Please delete the copy of the report - I gave case numbers so the victim would remain private.

Kimberlyd125
11-18-2009, 06:47 PM
I am wondering if Dustrum (sp) is MAM's dad or relative. His rap sheet is downright scary and he drives a Toyota.

not to mention he has about 10 alias

bessie
11-18-2009, 06:47 PM
I meant his email hosts,he has FB and if he had an internet host with email address or they can check the main ones,yahoo,hotmail,etc and retrieve emails from any of his email a/c's.They did that with CA and some others in case.
:loser: Gotcha! I was thinking of his web surfing activities and illicit sites he might've frequented to solicit business.

ElizaAvalon
11-18-2009, 06:49 PM
Friends,

Can someone please point me in the direction of the documentation or whatever where it says a computer was stolen on the same day that MAM was arrested?

I've only seen a police report posted by my friend Jersey from 10/12/2009 - which is NOT the day that MAM was arrested: 11/12/2009 - which shows a video monitor (E-machines E202H (http://www.emachines.com/products/products.html?prod=E202H_wmd)) being stolen - NOT a computer.

Help, please!