PDA

View Full Version : NC-Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #23

Pages : [1] 2 3

imamaze
11-23-2009, 09:06 PM
http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss50/Connie2/thangelslighthouses.gif

God Bless You Shaniya,
Rest in Peace Baby!

#1 #2 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91451&page=24)

#3 #4

#5 #6

#7 #8

#9 #10

#11#12

#13#14

#15#16

#17#18

#19#20 (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91878&page=13)

#21#22

Please continue...

lbminnesota
11-23-2009, 09:11 PM
I think enrolling Shaniya in school prompted the move back to AD. Up until this point, everything was loosey goosey. She was under everyone's radar. But once she entered school, the school requires medical history, shots, emergency numbers, social security #, and structure meaning a child is at school everyday.

He may not have wanted that responsibility - would mean going to court. Taking a paternity test. I have a sneaky suspicion everyone around Shaniya didn't want the courts/DSS to get involved for some reason.

Dr.Fessel
11-23-2009, 09:13 PM
I think if someone could find out how many bedrooms those state sponsored homes she lived in had and was evicted from we would know if she was claiming benefits for Shaniya.

panthera
11-23-2009, 09:17 PM
I think enrolling Shaniya in school prompted the move back to AD. Up until this point, everything was loosey goosey. She was under everyone's radar. But once she entered school, the school requires medical history, shots, emergency numbers, social security #, and structure meaning a child is at school everyday.

He may not have wanted that responsibility - would mean going to court. Taking a paternity test. I have a sneaky suspicion everyone around Shaniya didn't want the courts/DSS to get involved for some reason.
Also, in the best interest of the child, a month after starting kindergarten isn't the time to decide it's also a good time to have 'mom' start bonding with the child. Starting school is an adjustment. Why compound it with visits to a mother she doesn't really know, in an environment so vastly different that what she's accustomed to? :waitasec: MOO

GetSmart
11-23-2009, 09:18 PM
As I recall I really don't remember alot of rage at Caylee's funeral either !! Just saying hummmmmmmmmmmmm

winterrose
11-23-2009, 09:19 PM
You know,I think the woman that walked in with BL and comforted Byron was Ty,now that I think of it.When Carey was talking she mentioned Ty and Ty was the one who had Shaniya most of the time.

winterrose
11-23-2009, 09:20 PM
As I recall I really don't remember alot of rage at Caylee's funeral either !! Just saying hummmmmmmmmmmmm

I felt that most of that service was just talking in code to KC. :waitasec:

lbminnesota
I think if someone could find out how many bedrooms those state sponsored homes she lived in had and was evicted from we would know if she was claiming benefits for Shaniya.

Excellent point - She lived in public housing on Melvin Pl.

annettef49

Maybe they didnt and dont want DSS involved coz AD was receiving benifits for Shaniya from DSS even tho Shaniya was with her Dad. Maybe he knows of this slso? Maybe? jmo. If thats the case they are both in deep doo doo.

SuziQ
11-23-2009, 09:22 PM

IMO, that's because the A's don't believe that body is Caylee and they don't believe their daughter is guilty of murder because Caylee is in PR. Which explains the pro KC talk and CMA at the funeral.

Dr.Fessel
11-23-2009, 09:25 PM
IMO, that's because the A's don't believe that body is Caylee and they don't believe their daughter is guilty of murder because Caylee is in PR. Which explains the pro KC talk and CMA at the funeral.

But let's go ahead and burn this body for someone else.

GetSmart
11-23-2009, 09:25 PM
winterrose you are right on there ...CMA
----------

Does anyone think that perhaps BL and TY had a blow out due to BL allowing Shaniya to go to AD and the house of horrors!!

lbminnesota
11-23-2009, 09:26 PM
That is an interesting theory and I hadn't considered it. I've been toying with the idea that BL wanted his poor daughter out of the picture to make way for the new Caucasian significant other.

Why do you think that no one wanted the courts/DSS to get involved?

For Brad - Not sure of rules in NC, but in Minnesota - the state will go after father for a portion of all social service costs they have provided for the child since her birth.
For AD - She's a mess and the last thing she wants to anyone knowing where she is, DSS snooping around, potentially losing her other son, etc. I just think in the world she lives, police and DSS are to be avoided and continually use different names/variation of their names so no one can track them down.

SuziQ
11-23-2009, 09:29 PM
But let's go ahead and burn this body for someone else.

I know, If they really believe that's not Caylee, don't they think another family would love to have their child back? :waitasec:

Dr.Fessel
11-23-2009, 09:30 PM
I married a lady that had one daughter and there was no father listed on the birth certificate so I went down to the court house and for 5 dollars put my name as father on it and swore I was. Cheap adoption.

luckygirl
11-23-2009, 09:34 PM

Oh, that's a really good point! I wouldn't doubt that AD collected benefits all 5 years. It could have been an agreement between AD and BL maybe that's the reason he was never put on the birth record......hmmmm

Tom'sGirl
11-23-2009, 09:34 PM
I married a lady that had one daughter and there was no father listed on the birth certificate so I went down to the court house and for 5 dollars put my name as father on it and swore I was. Cheap adoption.
You're a rare and good man Dr. Fessel :thumb:

not_my_kids
11-23-2009, 09:36 PM

I have no words except...I like you. Not many people would do that. :clap:

Tom'sGirl
Oh, that's a really good point! I wouldn't doubt that AD collected benefits all 5 years. It could have been an agreement between AD and BL maybe that's the reason he was never put on the birth record......hmmmm
That set-up goes on all across America unfortunately, win-win for both parties.

panthera
Bless you! :)

panthera
11-23-2009, 09:38 PM
Or maybe also why they had no legal agreement regarding custody. MOO

lbminnesota
11-23-2009, 09:38 PM

Three cheers for Dr Fessel:woohoo:

ella971
11-23-2009, 09:41 PM

I was one of those kids.

JennyMominRI
11-23-2009, 09:42 PM
Or maybe also why they had no legal agreement regarding custody. MOO

I would assume that once she hit school age DSS could verify she attends school in order to give benefits. My kids get a small stipend on my VA pension and I had to prove they lived with me. The main way I did that was with a form signed by the school. My daughter is turning 18 and they sent another form for the school to fill out to prove she is attending and will be in high school until June. Social Security Disability does the same thing

lbminnesota
11-23-2009, 09:44 PM
Excellent point - She lived in public housing on Melvin Pl.

Melvin Pl is the address of Housing Authority but one of the apartment names is McNeill Apartments - Surprised there isn't a Davis Apartments just to add to the confusion.

Spacemonkey1975
11-23-2009, 09:45 PM
Some things that do not make sense to me;

No concrete reports of what drugs AD was on or doing, if MAM is a dealer he is probably not a user (other than pot).

The time of day and the whole motel thing is puzzling, had they been up all night blasting coke or smoking rock it would explain the time of day but it is pretty hard to do your thing after such a marathon.

I know it is useless and frustrating to apply logic to the behaviors of irrational/unstable people but some things just do not add up. Previous posters are correct, AD looks REAL good for a chronic crack/heroin user, and the dad, forget about it.....

There's more to this and I guess we'll have to wait til it comes out.

lbminnesota
11-23-2009, 09:46 PM
I would assume that once she hit school age DSS could verify she attends school in order to give benefits. My kids get a small stipend on my VA pension and I had to prove they lived with me. The main way I did that was with a form signed by the school. My daughter is turning 18 and they sent another form for the school to fill out to prove she is attending and will be in high school until June. Social Security Disability does the same thing

Since NC doesn't require attendance until age of 7, may not be concerned with a 5 year old.

annettef49
11-23-2009, 09:46 PM
Has anyone ever thought that it is possible that AD said Coe was the one that took Shaniya because MAYBE it was Coe that she "sold" Shaniya too. Maybe? just maybe. again this is just MO.

adtwah
11-23-2009, 09:47 PM
I felt that most of that service was just talking in code to KC. :waitasec:

Forgive me for asking, but what is KC?

Tom'sGirl
11-23-2009, 09:47 PM
Melvin Pl is the address of Housing Authority but one of the apartment names is McNeill Apartments - Surprised there isn't a Davis Apartments just to add to the confusion.
Now that made me laugh out loud :D

JennyMominRI
11-23-2009, 09:48 PM
Since NC doesn't require attendance until age of 7, may not be concerned with a 5 year old.

That refers to the school though,not DSS.
Here in RI school is only required until 16. I still had to prove the kids lived with me by sending the VA and SSDI I letter from the school.
I know these are not the same agency,but they may have similar rules

LogicalMinds
11-23-2009, 09:48 PM
Hi there...just so sad :(

The school bothers me...why enroll Shaynia then let her be taken out or take her out??
I also question who had "authority" here...immunizations, enrollment, who to call in emergency?? Aunt Carrie was supposedly on the list cause that is how the cops knew to reach her?

I get bothered when people say "in a better place">> well it might be better but it is many years too soon....not to mention if it is so much "better" why wouldn't everyone just commit suicide or at least not have heart operations, chemotherapy...just say "I wanna go to the better place?"

I read Jennie in RI post...and her blog...(((hugs))) ...what an inspiration

Like Jennie I am not big on all this "God's Will">>> now this is JMO but I want NO part of a God who could create wars, Holocaust, 911, all all the sad litany of cases on these forums. I personally have had (many) rough and bad times...one thing that has given me comfort is a book called "When Bad Things Happen to Good People"..written by a Rabbi (and I am Catholic LOL)

it proposes that God created us but we have free will...God does not micromanage us, he can't rig the lottery or zap a tumor or make a rejecting lover change their heart/mind...or even stop a horror wreck like the sad tale of little Shaynia

but he can be there to give us strength, hope...and courage...
maybe courage to visit the doctor or get a second opinion....courage to change laws...

this is also seen in Christianity under the idea of "Jesus Wept"..(ie, that not even the son of God can change everything)

it is pretty much what I believe...keeps me somewhat sane

I pray for strength

Any "God" who would "call" a little girl to heaven and devise such horrors/rape is not a God I want. I personally believe that God/Jesus are upset and "cry" for Shaniya and all the others who suffer...
and offer us strength and comfort

I prefer to be proactive rather than reactive

A good start>>> write your letter to the FCC for Klaaskids

A CALL TO ACTION! We need 3 minutes to change how we find the missing. - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

songline
11-23-2009, 09:55 PM
Solstice Canyon and SusieQ :)
Thanks for straightening my head out on the dates of Dessert Storm. On the previous thread. :blowkiss:

not_my_kids
I can tell you that in MI, to prove a child lives with you, you take them to the welfare appointment with you and show your birth certificate. There is no collaboration with any other government agency except CPS. If your kids are removed from your custody by CPS, they flag your welfare file.
That's it. A birth certificate and a child. (And, yes, that does need to change.) That's all you need to receive benefits from them. Welfare workers don't do home checks or any of that here, but I know they do in some other places, not sure about NC.

kiki the parrot
Also, in the best interest of the child, a month after starting kindergarten isn't the time to decide it's also a good time to have 'mom' start bonding with the child. Starting school is an adjustment. Why compound it with visits to a mother she doesn't really know, in an environment so vastly different that what she's accustomed to? :waitasec: MOO

gee... yathink... :doh:

:banghead:

:parrot:

Sgirl
11-23-2009, 10:05 PM
Hi. I have been following these threads for days but haven't posted. I have two things to add.

First, my feeling is that AD DID sell that baby to MAM. She probably told him (and perhaps several others before that) to go ahead and do what he wants. But she probably assumed he would bring her back. I wouldnt be surprised if that had happened before with other guys.

As far as the hotel thing goes, I really believe it is connected to the fact that they found feces on the porch/door handle. He may have intended to do it somewhere else, outside or in his car, but he had to clean her up first. That would explain why her scent was only found on the towels. He cleaned her up and they left.

I knew some people in my past who sell drugs. Money is no object because they didnt really "earn" it. It makes total sense to me that he took her to the hotel to clean her up, paid the money for an hour (like a john might for a prostitute) cleaned her up and intended to spend a little time with her there but heard about the amber alert and left. On NG tonight, one of the scrolls at the bottom of the screen said something like "McNeil is accused of killing Shaniya, raping her and dumping her body." The order of that sentence grossed me out but it is entirely possible considering how sick he obviously is...

panthera
11-23-2009, 10:10 PM
Has anyone ever thought that it is possible that AD said Coe was the one that took Shaniya because MAYBE it was Coe that she "sold" Shaniya too. Maybe? just maybe. again this is just MO.
Even with that scenario, we'd need to explain McNeill taking Shaniya into the hotel, and then the charges of rape/murder against him. MOO

panthera
11-23-2009, 10:11 PM
gee... yathink... :doh:

:banghead:

Does that mean you agree??!!

songline
11-23-2009, 10:15 PM
Not at the Funeral, and not in a way we would have expected but I think with CA you can see rage and anger misdirected often and for a long time, she has just begun to stop raging.......She just dispersed it everywhere.
The Funeral is not a place to express the rage...It is the place to celebrate the decease's life.
But I do have to add since it was I who asked; where is the Outrage???
Some people internalize, some go emotionally numb, But the rage has to be there at some point.
The forgiveness is interesting at this early stage.

doobiedoo52
11-23-2009, 10:20 PM
The problem I have with the "cleaning her up" from the feces is--why would he drive all the way to Sanford. I hate to be graphic but if it was that bad, the odor would have been awful and quite a ways to drive to clean her up. JMO

panthera
11-23-2009, 10:21 PM
The problem I have with the "cleaning her up" from the feces is--why would he drive all the way to Sanford. I hate to be graphic but if it was that bad, the odor would have been awful and quite a ways to drive to clean her up. JMO
You're right ~ as in all over his car seats and he was carrying her into the hotel! :eek:

nurselady
11-23-2009, 10:23 PM
Amen;That is for sure!!

Bobbisangel
11-23-2009, 10:24 PM

I thought Caylee's service was really nice. I may not care for George and Cindy Anthony but I thought the service was beautiful and the music was perfect for little Caylee. Everyone was well behaved in my opinion.

I watched part of Shaniya's service and turned it off. I won't go into detail but ........ Just looking at that little tiny casket was more then I could deal with. I'm used to praise music...it was just different. Don't want to be critical about it.

kellync
11-23-2009, 10:28 PM
Hi. I have been following these threads for days but haven't posted. I have two things to add.

First, my feeling is that AD DID sell that baby to MAM. She probably told him (and perhaps several others before that) to go ahead and do what he wants. But she probably assumed he would bring her back. I wouldnt be surprised if that had happened before with other guys.

As far as the hotel thing goes, I really believe it is connected to the fact that they found feces on the porch/door handle. He may have intended to do it somewhere else, outside or in his car, but he had to clean her up first. That would explain why her scent was only found on the towels. He cleaned her up and they left.

I knew some people in my past who sell drugs. Money is no object because they didnt really "earn" it. It makes total sense to me that he took her to the hotel to clean her up, paid the money for an hour (like a john might for a prostitute) cleaned her up and intended to spend a little time with her there but heard about the amber alert and left. On NG tonight, one of the scrolls at the bottom of the screen said something like "McNeil is accused of killing Shaniya, raping her and dumping her body." The order of that sentence grossed me out but it is entirely possible considering how sick he obviously is...
Welcome to WS, post more often, it helps to bounce ideas off of each other sometimes!

Baznme
11-23-2009, 10:30 PM
Welcome to WS, post more often, it helps to bounce ideas off of each other sometimes!

Kellync: Do you know if N.C. has the sunshine laws like Florida does?

panthera
11-23-2009, 10:38 PM
Kellync: Do you know if N.C. has the sunshine laws like Florida does?
No we don't. :(

MomofBoys
11-23-2009, 10:40 PM

I agree with you in terms of the bolded part. I think AD never expected for Shaniya to die. I think she brought her into the living room or into the front yard and accepted something ungodly would happen to her, but I believe she expected her to be back within a couple hours.

I also don't think she sold Shaniya to MAM or anyone else, at least in the strictest sense. I think she was woefully behind on a drug debt and MAM "suggested" Shaniya as payment. Suggestion might have involved threats to torture or kill AD or her son and Shaniya was relatively expendable. She hadn't had time to really bond. I think I might be in the minority by thinking that this decision was not an easy one for AD, but of course that doesn't excuse it by any means. I just think AD was a drug-addled mess who had quite a bit of pressure applied. She differs from the rest of us in that giving up Shaniya was actually something she would do instead of running screaming to the cops or a neighbor or BL or anyone else.

I don't think this was a routine thing, and I don't think AD shopped her out around town. After all, as much as we immerse ourselves in the cases here, I'm not sure that AD or MAM or anyone else had the connections or the marketing skills to enslave Shaniya. Did they even have internet access? I think AD was a monster who got caught in her first foray into this "business" and MAM might have raped kids before. I honestly think both of them were drugged out of their minds when they hatched this plan and that AD has a monstrous hell waiting for her when her mind clears. I wish pain and misery and eternal suffering on both of them.

I just don't think this was an enterprise. I think it was two sick, drugged-up freaks. One in jam, one a depraved pedo. My gut is that the deal was made in the early morning hours and Shaniya was dead by 8am that day. I refuse to give them credit for anything more organized than that.

Bobbisangel
11-23-2009, 10:41 PM

Remember seeing Shaniya in the graduation gown and hat? We know that she had just started kindergarden so the little graduation had to have been from Pre School. The father would have had to have the same info...shot records, SS# and everything else in Pre School too. I think he just thought it was time for her mother to raise her....and that left him with no responsibilities as far as kids are concerned.

I also remember him being upset because Child Protective Services didn't contact him when they had been to the mothers. They must have known he existed and had had Shaniya if he thought they should have contacted him.

Bobbisangel
11-23-2009, 10:52 PM

Remember seeing Shaniya in the graduation gown and hat? We know that she had just started kindergarden so the little graduation had to have been from Pre School. The father would have had to have the same info...shot records, SS# and everything else in Pre School too. I think he just thought it was time for her mother to raise her....and that left him with no responsibilities as far as kids are concerned.

I also remember him being upset because Child Protective Services didn't contact him when they had been to the mothers. They must have known he existed and had had Shaniya if he thought they should have contacted him.

GetSmart
11-23-2009, 11:11 PM
Earlier we were talking about evil.. This was in an email I got awhile back... and I thought I would share it. It says alot JMO
------
Real evil
Someone supposably found this posted on a forum after 9/11. It would seem to have been posted by someone who "knew" what true evil was.

There are those who don't believe "evil" exists-----that all things are
'relative'-----what may 'be' evil to one person is not so to another----
and that both 'views' are valid. I believe this to be absolute rubbish,
representing a lazy and cowardly thought process. Nevertheless...

There are some who believe evil exists, but who are realistic enough to
know that they have been relatively 'sheltered' from 'it', never really
experiencing 'it' in any substantial way. They may even consider
themselves 'blessed' in this regard.

Then there are those who believe evil exists and that they in fact have
experienced it directly, either being a victim of 'it', or maybe just
'witnessing' it first hand. However, what the majority of these people
experience is just 'petty' evil------petty animosities---
petty jealousies-----violence with petty motivations. Even some really
horrible acts are the resutls of 'petty evil'.

But there is another kind of evil which only a minority of people are
familiar with. It is something so dark, so alien to their own nature and
to what they had thought could even exist, that with their first
encounter of 'It', they are astonished--------'it can not be so, this
can not possibly be'. And they are 'diminished' by the encounter. There
is a loss of 'innocence' so profound that it seems almost irrepairable.
And this is a problem, for, in order to defeat this evil you must be
able to recognize it, to recognize it you must be able to
understand(know) it, and to know it a part of you must die. To hope and
to pray for the destruction of this evil is all fine and well. But so
long as no 'divine' intervention comes, the price of confronting 'It'
will be paid with blood----yours----or 'Its'. It will never be placated.
It can not be appeased. And these are the 'Powers' who rule this day.
Author unknown

redcar1
11-23-2009, 11:12 PM
I just thought of something.
What if AD owed MAM a heavy drug debt and he threatened to take Shaniya if she didn't have the money. so that morning he broke into the trailer (which would have been a loud commotion the neighbor heard...) Took Shaniya and told her he'd wait until like 8:00 a.m. She panicked and called police, thinking they would find her before time was up. He took her to the hotel to wait, and when he didn't hear from her he raped and killed her & dumped her body. Would explain too why he'd admit to the kidnapping charge and try to blame the mother for trafficing her daughter.
???
I want to find some way of making sense of this crime - I still can't believe anyone would purposely GIVE their child away for sex to ANYONE...
I hope we find more out - that puts some sense into this (although I know none of this can EVER make sense).

Still, why no murder charges for AD? She had to be involved in this...
JMO

QuietStorm
11-23-2009, 11:15 PM
I'm not saying you're wrong, but that baby surely does look like her daddy.

When my granddaughter was born, it was like her mama had given birth to my son all over again. NPN. No Paternity-test Needed. My son did get one simply because they weren't married but really, there was none needed. It's amazing like that sometimes. I see almost no mama genes in his daughter.

wandering
11-23-2009, 11:17 PM
I agree with you in terms of the bolded part. I think AD never expected for Shaniya to die. I think she brought her into the living room or into the front yard and accepted something ungodly would happen to her, but I believe she expected her to be back within a couple hours.

I also don't think she sold Shaniya to MAM or anyone else, at least in the strictest sense. I think she was woefully behind on a drug debt and MAM "suggested" Shaniya as payment. Suggestion might have involved threats to torture or kill AD or her son and Shaniya was relatively expendable. She hadn't had time to really bond. I think I might be in the minority by thinking that this decision was not an easy one for AD, but of course that doesn't excuse it by any means. I just think AD was a drug-addled mess who had quite a bit of pressure applied. She differs from the rest of us in that giving up Shaniya was actually something she would do instead of running screaming to the cops or a neighbor or BL or anyone else.

I don't think this was a routine thing, and I don't think AD shopped her out around town. After all, as much as we immerse ourselves in the cases here, I'm not sure that AD or MAM or anyone else had the connections or the marketing skills to enslave Shaniya. Did they even have internet access? I think AD was a monster who got caught in her first foray into this "business" and MAM might have raped kids before. I honestly think both of them were drugged out of their minds when they hatched this plan and that AD has a monstrous hell waiting for her when her mind clears. I wish pain and misery and eternal suffering on both of them.

I just don't think this was an enterprise. I think it was two sick, drugged-up freaks. One in jam, one a depraved pedo. My gut is that the deal was made in the early morning hours and Shaniya was dead by 8am that day. I refuse to give them credit for anything more organized than that.
I'm still trying to figure out how LE came to the conclusion that the mother was selling Shaniya for sex. Did they get this story from the perp? Where exactly did that charge begin? I recall that the perp was said to be extremely uncooperative, and why would they take his word for anything?

Someone else had to have that info, I don't believe LE would take the word of the perp and actually charge her with this horrible crime based on his word.

From A to C, but what happened to B in this sequence? Please enlighten me, anyone?

GetSmart
11-23-2009, 11:21 PM
I am thinking as another stated Perhaps Coe was B and just because we have him on an interview saying one thing doesnt mean he didn't let it fly to the powers that be when wrongly accused.

SuziQ
11-23-2009, 11:26 PM
I'm not saying you're wrong, but that baby surely does look like her daddy.

I just don't see it. Someone please do a side by side for me. We are talking BL and Shaniya right? Please help me see the resemblance.

MomofBoys
11-23-2009, 11:27 PM
From A to C, but what happened to B in this sequence? Please enlighten me, anyone?

Maybe Coe was a third party to the conversation that night. I think maybe MAM and AD discussed it, Coe was disgusted and opposed, and AD moved Shaniya to the couch so that a sleeping Coe wouldn't be awakened by MAM returning several hours later. All conjecture, of course, but the image comes easily to me for whatever reason.

I'm not all that sure that AD didn't confess. "I told him he could take Shaniya to pay off a drug debt, but she was supposed to be back!" I really don't think these people are intelligent. Or maybe in her actual moments of fear, she came clean in hopes it'd bring Shaniya back. Listening to the 911 call, I do believe that AD sobered up at one point and realized either that she had made a terrible mistake or that she could be in serious, serious trouble.

GetSmart
11-23-2009, 11:39 PM
You know people on TV and us here have all guessed at the reason for the feces...well perhaps she was scared to death and it just happen, You always hear about that happening in extreme cases of fear. I know thats not a good thing to say ..but neither is the other.

Dr.Fessel
11-23-2009, 11:42 PM
I think people see things different then everyone else. Very rarely do i ever see a likeness between a perp and a sketch done of him or her and other people can say it looks just like them.

I have been told at times I look like someone else and I never see it. I think it is alot of how are minds process the view.

Dum-Dum Sucker
11-23-2009, 11:44 PM

:rolling:

Carolina Girl
11-23-2009, 11:49 PM
Maybe Coe was a third party to the conversation that night. I think maybe MAM and AD discussed it, Coe was disgusted and opposed, and AD moved Shaniya to the couch so that a sleeping Coe wouldn't be awakened by MAM returning several hours later. All conjecture, of course, but the image comes easily to me for whatever reason.

I'm not all that sure that AD didn't confess. "I told him he could take Shaniya to pay off a drug debt, but she was supposed to be back!" I really don't think these people are intelligent. Or maybe in her actual moments of fear, she came clean in hopes it'd bring Shaniya back. Listening to the 911 call, I do believe that AD sobered up at one point and realized either that she had made a terrible mistake or that she could be in serious, serious trouble.

I thought Coe was at home taking care of a nephew? Not even at the MH?

kiki the parrot
11-23-2009, 11:53 PM
Earlier we were talking about evil.. This was in an email I got awhile back... and I thought I would share it. It says alot JMO
------
Real evil
Someone supposably found this posted on a forum after 9/11. It would seem to have been posted by someone who "knew" what true evil was.

– Author unknown

Funny you should post that. I've been quietly thinking to myself since reading an earlier post that anyone who can be confident there is no adversary--or no personification of evil--has not encountered the evil nor lived the life I've lived. I have NO doubt there is an enemy who "roams about as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour." W/out delving into spiritual welfare I'll simply say his army is well organized and that, like God, His adversary uses people.

Again--it is our choice in whose hands we're willing to be used... either as an instrument for good or for evil. Not every form of evil is demonic or like the exorcist lol. But if we aren't for Him, we can be used against Him. In some cases of child murders every right thing was done--and it is all the result of malice or evildoing. In more cases it is likely a combination of intentional malice by their victimizer--along w indifference or irresponsibility by a person to whom the child is entrusted. And sometimes all it takes is recklessness, carelessness or negligence by a caregiver.

W/out right priorities and wisdom (skills for living), any child potentially can become a victim of opportunity. In Shaniya's case, it was a perfect storm of all three. Those assigned to protect her failed her off the bat. First by sending her alone into a warzone--unsafe living conditions, w unsuitable care, in a crime-infested neighborhood. Then the next and final line of defense failed her by throwing open the door wide to invite in and deliver her to those who would viciously abuse and destroy a child's life. And lastly to accomplish this, Satan and his army needed a mercenary--a willing soldier or two--to execute the treacherous deed. And they found him. Someone empty, vile and depraved enough to commit such a cowardly coldblooded act as to rob this precious defenseless baby of her innocence and her life.

Somehow, someone became convinced it was worth the trade-off of their own humanity and life to degrade and destroy another's. This does NOT excuse or absolve anyone of anything! It's important to realize tho in order to continue duping and deceiving people--and go on fulfilling his mission of "steal, kill, and destroy"--that God's adversary would desire nothing more than for us to doubt his very existence.

Carolina Girl
11-23-2009, 11:54 PM
" A state team of experts will examine any contact the Cumberland County Department of Social Services had with the family of a 5-year-old Fayetteville girl who was killed and whose mother has been accused of prostituting her."

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6482373/

Sorry if this has posted.

LogicalMinds
11-23-2009, 11:56 PM
Just speculation on my part...BUT....I honestly have a really good "track record" of figuring out "what happened" ...and I don't claim to be psychic

I mostly follow rules of "logic" and the principles of Occam's Razor ..ie, "the simplest explanation or strategy tends to be the best one"

From the start I didn't think there was some "child selling" ring...no Russian or Thai connection....not even a huge conspiracy...most crimes are venial, small and horrible just like the small nasty slugs that commit them from what I can see

Fancy jewel heists happen in European movies....in real life thugs rip chains from people's necks

Most street dealers couldn't find a cartel or a drug lord to save their lives

most criminals are nasty and small and petty...look at these pigs and they way they lived

Applying that I "feel" that>>

AD is out for herself....and a druggie....McNeil is giving her drugs and offering more to ? with her daughter... maybe it started with fondling etc...as others have said, she also may not be that "bonded" to Shaynia...she keeps doing the drugs, owes more, he wants more she allows it...maybe this leads to the feces....and commotion....he says to pay off the debt, he will take Shaynia....and he does

then...AD panics when Coe is home and wants to know what is going on....she decides to call 911....and then throws Coe under the bus....but why?? To me the simplest reason is that she is more afraid of McNeil than she is of Coe (and she may have been cheating on Coe with McNeil?? the whole group seems so intertwined)

Why the hotel?? simple reason : he had to get out of there (coe coming home?) and/or the place is a mess....other kids, BD around....plus the "feces"....he is crazed and rushes off to a hotel...the "smart kid" is not so smart when his perversion takes hold...duhhhh

McNeil?? Just evil...twisted....apparently a bright young man gone so so wrong...just evil....I agree he may be into Pot but NOT crack...I think he is a guy who chose to go wrong...he had other chances....he is a violent pervert> IF he learned of the 911 call, amber alert...he may have decided to kill poor Shaynia or he may have planned it from the start...or her death may have happened....there is no "simple" answer to that final horror cause it is too horrible for the rational mind to even figure out what that slug thought in his twisted brain...sorry I can't "call" that one

~~~~~

One thing I do hope is : that they don't put out a book, movie or start a foundation and/or do public speaking.

I think the best thing for the dads side is to shut up and grieve and get off tv..

for AD and MAM?? I hope they get everything they so richly deserve...ie, death penalty for him...dp or life without parole for her....and I do hope they are in general population at some time so they can feel some of the pain and fear Shaynia felt

And that is my "simple" and logical viewpoint

Carolina Girl
11-23-2009, 11:58 PM
And this:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/6483138/
"DSS not releasing info in Shaniya Davis case"

amysmom
11-24-2009, 12:01 AM
Forgive me for asking, but what is KC?

bbm

Tot Mom--Casey Anthony--Posters on that board gave her the name.

amysmom
11-24-2009, 12:20 AM
http://www.cbsatlanta.com/news/21697875/detail.html

No Hot Food For Clayton County Immates
Inmates Not Getting Hot Meals Due To Lack Of Cooking Equipment

This relates to what Carey was saying (on tv this am) about 3 hot meals a day for inmates..btw..she looked horrible & on the verge of a complete breakdown..imo

lbminnesota
11-24-2009, 12:21 AM

Good point about cap and gown - I don't if we've heard about Preschool.

JennyMominRI
11-24-2009, 12:23 AM
I'm not saying evil doesn't exist, just that I believe it is man made. We choose it. I know that some religious beliefs encompass and evil entity like Satan. Mine doesn't. An I've definitely seen real evil in my life.
Different belief systems. No offense intended :)

JennyMominRI
11-24-2009, 12:27 AM
And this:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/6483138/
"DSS not releasing info in Shaniya Davis case"

Very interesting.

belimom
11-24-2009, 12:31 AM
Maybe Coe was a third party to the conversation that night. I think maybe MAM and AD discussed it, Coe was disgusted and opposed, and AD moved Shaniya to the couch so that a sleeping Coe wouldn't be awakened by MAM returning several hours later. All conjecture, of course, but the image comes easily to me for whatever reason....(snipped)...

Not sure if Coe was officially in on it, but I do believe he suspected something was up and that's why neighbors say he seemed more upset than AD when they were "searching" that morning. I believe a neighbor described him as "angry" - that may fit if he thought AD had done something like this with Shaniya.

...(snipped)...AD panics when Coe is home and wants to know what is going on....she decides to call 911....and then throws Coe under the bus....but why?? ...(snipped)...

I don't believe she threw Coe under the bus. I believe Coe was there at some point when the cops were questioning everyone. Then the surveillance video was seen, and -- without another black male around at the time since AD didn't say McNeil had been there -- Coe was LE's choice of who was in that car. I don't think AD ever told LE it was Coe - maybe even told them he didn't do it. But there's no way she could give them McNeil's name, so by default LE believed it was Coe. JMHO.

jnTexas
11-24-2009, 12:34 AM
Wonder if there is a possibility that DSS would have been invovled with BL when the custody battle was going on with his other children?
i have never been through a custody battle, so I don't know if DSS would be invovled. It seems like it was a very heated battle though.

amysmom
11-24-2009, 12:41 AM
Good point about cap and gown - I don't if we've heard about Preschool.

There are a few pix of her in a school setting..IIRC, one with other kids her age in the classroom & one with her (backpack on) I thought maybe was her first day of??

nostoneunturned
11-24-2009, 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetSmart
For the life of me ..I can't figure out what was the reason behind AD blaming Coe other than to give MAM time to get away...obstruction of justice.. knowing full well he didnt do it and they would find AMA's DNA when Shaniya was found ? That part of the story really confuses me.
I think that was exactly it ~ buying time and not wanting McNeill to be arrested. Somebody obviously didn't think the hotel might have video cameras. MOO
People will say things like they should be put into regular population...NOT YET they deserves a trial...so that every nasty deed, can be brought to light.
I believe in proving beyond a shadow of a doubt.....my problem is what happens after these perps are found guilty...they get a slap on the wrist. While they are incarcerated,BRIEF though it may be, they are "schooled" in other acts of violence.

I see only one course of action..our elected officials need to be accountable for allowing these people back on the streets.
The judge, that allowed anyone with such a criminal record go unsupervised should not be making rulings, he would not even make a good Beauty Queen Judge..you are supposed to look at a persons moral fiber and character.
There is a lot of money being made on drugs and prostitution. I wonder how many blind eyes are turned, everyday in this area.

belimom
11-24-2009, 12:46 AM
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4412924&postcount=18From momtective's post here.

The address is a mobile home park.

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt80/keinshatten/SleepyHollow.jpg

There's no way without some serious drugs that a 5-yr-old child was being raped in that trailer. Not only would other folks in the trailer know but the whole park would know.

New theory: AD owed MAM. He said 'let me have my way with Shaniya'. He attempted/started the job at the trailer, but realized the noise issue. Drugged her, tried to continue, made a mess. Got frustrated and went searching for another place. Probably didn't have Sanford in mind but ended up there anyway. Realized the damage and that she would tell. Maybe got angry with her that it wasn't how he expected it to be (really hard to write that down). Then killed her... :(

Of course, my theories change daily but after going back to Thread One and seeing that picture I had some new thoughts. I know her trailer is not pictured (or I don't believe it's one of those). But those are really packed in there tight.

QuietStorm
11-24-2009, 12:47 AM
Just speculation on my part...BUT....I honestly have a really good "track record" of figuring out "what happened" ...and I don't claim to be psychic

I mostly follow rules of "logic" and the principles of Occam's Razor ..ie, "the simplest explanation or strategy tends to be the best one"

From the start I didn't think there was some "child selling" ring...no Russian or Thai connection....not even a huge conspiracy...most crimes are venial, small and horrible just like the small nasty slugs that commit them from what I can see

Fancy jewel heists happen in European movies....in real life thugs rip chains from people's necks

Most street dealers couldn't find a cartel or a drug lord to save their lives

most criminals are nasty and small and petty...look at these pigs and they way they lived

Applying that I "feel" that>>

AD is out for herself....and a druggie....McNeil is giving her drugs and offering more to ? with her daughter... maybe it started with fondling etc...as others have said, she also may not be that "bonded" to Shaynia...she keeps doing the drugs, owes more, he wants more she allows it...maybe this leads to the feces....and commotion....he says to pay off the debt, he will take Shaynia....and he does

then...AD panics when Coe is home and wants to know what is going on....she decides to call 911....and then throws Coe under the bus....but why?? To me the simplest reason is that she is more afraid of McNeil than she is of Coe (and she may have been cheating on Coe with McNeil?? the whole group seems so intertwined)

Why the hotel?? simple reason : he had to get out of there (coe coming home?) and/or the place is a mess....other kids, BD around....plus the "feces"....he is crazed and rushes off to a hotel...the "smart kid" is not so smart when his perversion takes hold...duhhhh

McNeil?? Just evil...twisted....apparently a bright young man gone so so wrong...just evil....I agree he may be into Pot but NOT crack...I think he is a guy who chose to go wrong...he had other chances....he is a violent pervert> IF he learned of the 911 call, amber alert...he may have decided to kill poor Shaynia or he may have planned it from the start...or her death may have happened....there is no "simple" answer to that final horror cause it is too horrible for the rational mind to even figure out what that slug thought in his twisted brain...sorry I can't "call" that one

~~~~~

for AD and MAM?? I hope they get everything they so richly deserve...ie, death penalty for him...dp or life without parole for her....and I do hope they are in general population at some time so they can feel some of the pain and fear Shaynia felt

And that is my "simple" and logical viewpoint

I too think that the most simple theory holds the most water, in most cases. Thank you.

not_my_kids
11-24-2009, 02:30 AM
I want to know if the feces was Shaniya's or was just a byproduct of a home with no working sewage facilities.
If it was hers, then was she cleaned up at the house before she was taken to the hotel, or was she cleaned up somewhere on the way?
I find it hard to believe that someone could get a half clothed, shoeless, disheveled, feces streaked child into a hotel at a quarter after six in the morning and not have the alarm immediately go out.

Carolina Girl
11-24-2009, 02:46 AM
I think we are all sitting on pins and needles, waiting for information we will not know until the trial. Too bad all states don't have a Sunshine Law! It breaks my heart as a Mother and Grandmother that ANY child ever has to go through what this child apparently did go through. My husband is retired LE, so unfortunately, I know first hand that this stuff happens. Everywhere. No place, nobody is immune. I don't think that any of us, on this forum will be able to rationalize this, regardless of what any of us have endured. My heart aches for the posters that say they went through these things as a child, but I am thankful that they are willing to help the children now, so that they may not.

crystalgenie
11-24-2009, 03:10 AM
I have been mulling something over in my mind for awhile… I don’t want to get banned so please just warn me if I step out of line.

I have known a lot of dealers in my life. I also know several things for sure… No dealer is going to let some crackhead, meth head, acid head, or pot head deal for them. They just wouldn’t do it. When you are in the drug business you are in it to make money and you won’t make any if some junkie is smoking up the product!!!

That being said I have too many questions about BL and his traveling. My ex-boyfriend was a cocaine ( back in the day when I thought dating a coke dealer was cool!!! I am less of an idiot now.) dealer. He had many different mules running drugs. There were construction company owners as well as workers, truckers, and all sorts that traveled for business. He would never have let a cokehead deal for him. You don’t make money that way and you are not successful. If you are taking that much of a risk you are not going to have junkies dealing because the minute they get busted they are going to flip and start talking to the police.

My next issue is MAM going to the hotel… He drives a good distance with this child and spends 70 bucks on a hotel??? I am afraid there is a third person that not even MAM is going to rat out. That part of this sad, sad, story isn’t making any sense unless there as some other scumbag at that hotel. That bothers me immensely.

That being said I hope the egg donor and the scumbag, MAM, burn. I just think a few others need to be prosecuted for neglect and the LE needs to be proof positive that MAM was the last creature and the only one that last raped and killed the baby. They need to be sure that there wasn’t another unknown who was waiting at the hotel for his next victim.

Whisperer
11-24-2009, 03:51 AM
------
Real evil

Author unknown

Thank you for posting this. Yes, there are few who know true evil. It does take something from you when you meet it, and, if you confront it, you will lose part of your soul...you will never be the same again.

hollyhobby1973
11-24-2009, 07:24 AM
BL coming up in The Today Show

Baznme
11-24-2009, 07:46 AM
I want to know if the feces was Shaniya's or was just a byproduct of a home with no working sewage facilities.
If it was hers, then was she cleaned up at the house before she was taken to the hotel, or was she cleaned up somewhere on the way?
I find it hard to believe that someone could get a half clothed, shoeless, disheveled, feces streaked child into a hotel at a quarter after six in the morning and not have the alarm immediately go out.

NMK: This is my analogy of what may have happened. I'd like to see a picture of the back porch if anyone has one. If there were feces on the back porch and railing, I want to know if that is what was on the blanket they found in the trash. Same or different? Hate to sound gross but it is what it is. It would certainly indicate to me that she was in the back of the MH, not the front. He cleaned her up with the blanket as much as possible before putting her in the car. Who takes the time to do that if they're in the process of kidnapping?

Also, if AD DID actually gave permission for him to take her, that would be why she was on the back porch to begin with. I noticed she stated on the 911 call that she hadn't checked "in the back yet". Why? Because she knew she wasn't there but she knew that's where she was and knew of the mess on the back porch. Play dumb and maybe I don't have to explain?

Not likely he sets up a time at 5:30 in the morning to do this with permission. He was already there. If he took her to the hotel, why? If he admits this, why? What did he give as his reason? Why kill her if all he wanted was his kicks and AD knew about it?

In short, I think he was there all night. He took her because what he had been doing at the MH wasn't enough for him. He took her out in the wee hours of the morning and intended to kill her when he left. AD didn't realize this much. I don't think AD wanted to admit she knew this guy and he had stayed there the night that "Coe" wasn't there. Ad knew this yet, she threw Coe under the bus.

She didnt' want McNeil's presence to get out. Was that more important to her than finding Shaniya? I think she just figured she'd "turn up". There is one more adult in the MH that HAD to have known what was going on, possibly more than one. That's where I think we'll see more charges. BTW: Forensic science should be able to tell us who's DNA is on that porch and railing.

Added by Charleston Gal: I agree with you completely - to a point. I DO think AD was involved with MAM taking her. I believe at that point Shaniya was already injured badly "down there" and AD realized she had to go. She gave MAM 90 minutes head start and called the cops. She had to. Others in the trailer (her 7 year old son for instance) would have noticed Shaniya gone when they woke up. MAM didn't what the hell to do so in his genius mind he decides to clean the evidence off Shaniya's body at the hotel (where else would he take her - a friend's house????). He leaves, kills her immediately, and leaves her body beside the road. IMO.
__________________________________________________ ___

I believe LE's theory is very similiar and we should know soon.

Norwegian
11-24-2009, 07:49 AM
BL coming up in The Today Show

Thank you for that information! Finally something new!

jamiect
11-24-2009, 08:25 AM
BL Today Show Interview

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/34124816#34124816

ella971
11-24-2009, 08:36 AM
He seemed so calm.

Patty G
11-24-2009, 08:39 AM
He has a lawyer? Oh my ...

Kimberlyd125
11-24-2009, 08:39 AM
BL Today Show Interview

Very respectful interview. I think BL answered a few of my questions I had. Made sense to me.

What struck me was when asked if he ever thought AD was capable of doing something like this he said his heart didn't think so but now he assumes she could because that appears to be what happened (not exact words)

ella971
11-24-2009, 08:40 AM
Again...........He said call me every night..........what happened to those calls???????

Kimberlyd125
11-24-2009, 08:41 AM
I would have a lawyer too. This is a very complex situation.
I think the lawyer is there to look about BL's best interests in a lot of things.
I don't think he is a "defense attorney".

Sgirl
11-24-2009, 08:43 AM

I think that she was being sexually abused well before that night. When her brother gave the interview he made it a point to mention that she wasn't comfortable around men. Twice IIRC. Plus, someone WAY back mentioned that cigarette burns and sexual abuse go hand in hand. I totally agree with that. These people saw this little girl as not much more than an animal, there for their amusement.

The police are being VERY careful with what they release. I believe that they have a very good reason to accuse AD of prostituting her daughter. They are building their case extremely carefully so that no one is let off on any technicality. They want to make sure the charges stick.

Additionally, on Nancy Grace yesterday there was some comment at the end about potentially looking for someone else. There are others involved here. It will all come out,

Baznme
He appears to be dropping weight.

jamiect
I agree it was respectful, but I wonder why not one person has asked whether he or Aunt Carey ever spoke with Shaniya after she was dropped off?

Kimberlyd125
11-24-2009, 08:45 AM
My child was scared of men as well. All men except her daddy. This was up until about the age of 3.
I was a stay at home mom, nobody ever kept her. I don't know why she had this fear.
She turned out fine and was never sexually abused.

So, I think many people are making too much of Byron's statement of the not warming up to men right away.

karen in New York
11-24-2009, 08:48 AM
I agree it was respectful, but I wonder why not one person has asked whether he or Aunt Carey ever spoke with Shaniya after she was dropped off?

Can we hope that LE told them not to talk about that?
Then the perbs won't know what evidence or information is out there?

ella971
11-24-2009, 08:51 AM
I hope that is the case.I can't imagine they had no contact with her the whole time.That is very strange.A phone call is the very least you would expect.

Patty G
11-24-2009, 08:56 AM
I hope that is the case.I can't imagine they had no contact with her the whole time.That is very strange.A phone call is the very least you would expect.

You would think if there weren't any phone calls "a" phone call would have been made. Doesn't sound like it ever happened because it still stands, October 2, last time I saw my daughter.

It bothers me that the trip was made to New York.

songline
11-24-2009, 09:04 AM
Not sure if Coe was officially in on it, but I do believe he suspected something was up and that's why neighbors say he seemed more upset than AD when they were "searching" that morning. I believe a neighbor described him as "angry" - that may fit if he thought AD had done something like this with Shaniya.

I don't believe she threw Coe under the bus. I believe Coe was there at some point when the cops were questioning everyone. Then the surveillance video was seen, and -- without another black male around at the time since AD didn't say McNeil had been there -- Coe was LE's choice of who was in that car. I don't think AD ever told LE it was Coe - maybe even told them he didn't do it. But there's no way she could give them McNeil's name, so by default LE believed it was Coe. JMHO.

I thought about Coe too, I do not believe these kind of people throw anyone under a bus....
The Law on the street is never rat on anyone. These people are street folks.
When they presumable do throw someone under a bus it is someone they are CERTAIN
will get out because they either have a great alibi or it would be proven via DNA that
they are innocent.
It is done to throw LE off...It is not done to help. JMO
Why throw LE off? she never thought shaniya will end up dead.
I do not believe that anyone that lived in that trailer did not know what happened to Shaniya.
I do not think Murder was a plan but paying off a debt seems like a most solid motive.
MOO

MODS since we can not have a forum yet - Can we have a Theory thread in the parking lot please?
and take this post over there?

ella971
11-24-2009, 09:07 AM
My daughter is twelve and went away with her Grandmother for a trip. I told her if she did not call me or answer her phone at least once a day I would be getting on a plane and coming Costa Rica. We spoke every day.

Kimberlyd125
11-24-2009, 09:08 AM
I don't find it strange he asked her to call him every night. When my hubby is gone out of town to work 2-3 months at a time, my DD calls him every night before she goes to bed.

Now, if there were no calls to her or from her the whole time she was gone, that would be different. But, we don't know that. IMO

Patty G
11-24-2009, 09:10 AM
Brad's attorney
http://www.bmdllc.com/attorneys/freed.htm

Patty G
11-24-2009, 09:12 AM
I don't find it strange he asked her to call him every night. When my hubby is gone out of town to work 2-3 months at a time, my DD calls him every night before she goes to bed.

Now, if there were no calls to her or from her the whole time she was gone, that would be different. But, we don't know that. IMO

If there were phone calls, we would have heard him say it. He would have put it out there in the forefront "quickly" when he last spoke to Saniya.

not_my_kids
11-24-2009, 09:15 AM
NMK: This is my analogy of what may have happened. I'd like to see a picture of the back porch if anyone has one. If there were feces on the back porch and railing, I want to know if that is what was on the blanket they found in the trash. Same or different? Hate to sound gross but it is what it is. It would certainly indicate to me that she was in the back of the MH, not the front. He cleaned her up with the blanket as much as possible before putting her in the car. Who takes the time to do that if they're in the process of kidnapping?

Also, if AD DID actually gave permission for him to take her, that would be why she was on the back porch to begin with. I noticed she stated on the 911 call that she hadn't checked "in the back yet". Why? Because she knew she wasn't there but she knew that's where she was and knew of the mess on the back porch. Play dumb and maybe I don't have to explain?

Not likely he sets up a time at 5:30 in the morning to do this with permission. He was already there. If he took her to the hotel, why? If he admits this, why? What did he give as his reason? Why kill her if all he wanted was his kicks and AD knew about it?

In short, I think he was there all night. He took her because what he had been doing at the MH wasn't enough for him. He took her out in the wee hours of the morning and intended to kill her when he left. AD didn't realize this much. I don't think AD wanted to admit she knew this guy and he had stayed there the night that "Coe" wasn't there. Ad knew this yet, she threw Coe under the bus.

She didnt' want McNeil's presence to get out. Was that more important to her than finding Shaniya? I think she just figured she'd "turn up". There is one more adult in the MH that HAD to have known what was going on, possibly more than one. That's where I think we'll see more charges. BTW: Forensic science should be able to tell us who's DNA is on that porch and railing.

Added by Charleston Gal: I agree with you completely - to a point. I DO think AD was involved with MAM taking her. I believe at that point Shaniya was already injured badly "down there" and AD realized she had to go. She gave MAM 90 minutes head start and called the cops. She had to. Others in the trailer (her 7 year old son for instance) would have noticed Shaniya gone when they woke up. MAM didn't what the hell to do so in his genius mind he decides to clean the evidence off Shaniya's body at the hotel (where else would he take her - a friend's house????). He leaves, kills her immediately, and leaves her body beside the road. IMO.
__________________________________________________ ___

I believe LE's theory is very similiar and we should know soon.

The only problem with this is that according to the arrest warrants, it wasn't on the back porch, only front door handle, exterior, and railing of porch.
I can see anyone that finds themselves holding a filthy child to take time to clean them off before putting them in the car. In this case, I don't believe he had any reason to hurry. AD knew what was going on, he didn't have to pull a grab and go.
I am betting there are at least two other people that can be charged and may be soon.
Of course, I don't hold out the same hope that some here do of AD rotting in a cell permanently.

I have the sneaking suspicion that AD will go state's witness, pull 15 years, and get out in time to still use some of her eggs. MOO.

Kimberlyd125
11-24-2009, 09:16 AM
Most things about BL are pure speculation at this point.
Until there is proof that he did something wrong, I will not judge him.

Maybe he used bad judgement when he let her go, we don't know all the details YET.
I'm sure we will find them out in the long run. But for now, mostly rumors.

I will not judge a dad that just lost his child on rumors alone.

Patty G
11-24-2009, 09:18 AM
Most things about BL are pure speculation at this point.
Until there is proof that he did something wrong, I will not judge him.

Maybe he used bad judgement when he let her go, we don't know all the details YET.
I'm sure we will find them out in the long run. But for now, mostly rumors.

I will not judge a dad that just lost his child on rumors alone.

What rumors?

jamiect
11-24-2009, 09:19 AM

Agree, yet I wonder if the reason he is not being asked that question is because he has stipulated that it not be asked.

Kimberlyd125
11-24-2009, 09:20 AM
What rumors?

Pretty much everything that has been discussed about BL have been rumors. See my above post were I bolded several of them.

What do we know as fact?? Not much.

Kimberlyd125
11-24-2009, 09:21 AM
[/B]

Agree, yet I wonder if the reason he is not being asked that question is because he has stipulated that it not be asked.

Maybe so. Like I said, it will all come out in the long run. So, at this time, we don't know much. That's my point.

Patty G
11-24-2009, 09:25 AM
IMO, if there were phone calls from Shaniya to her daddy, I would think the conversation would have gone something like this:

Shaniya: Hi daddy, mommy said I don't have to go to school anymore.
Daddy: you aren't going to school anymore?
Shaniya: No daddy, but I really like school.
Daddy: Put your mother on the phone.

ella971
11-24-2009, 09:26 AM
No phone calls would be a huge red flag.

reeseeva
11-24-2009, 09:28 AM
Why, has not one person, Merideth V., Oprah, N.G., etc., asked if anyone spoke to her in the 5 weeks that passed:banghead: It seems to be an obvious, important, logical question, for any interviewer, knowing all the facts, to delve into:waitasec:

Patty G
11-24-2009, 09:31 AM
Pretty much everything that has been discussed about BL have been rumors. See my above post were I bolded several of them.

What do we know as fact?? Not much.

True, we don't know what happened, and most trying to fill in the blanks to try and make sense based on what most of us have experienced with children, etc.

jamiect
11-24-2009, 09:32 AM
Why, has not one person, Merideth V., Oprah, N.G., etc., asked if anyone spoke to her in the 5 weeks that passed:banghead: It seems to be an obvious, important, logical question, for any interviewer, knowing all the facts, to delve into:waitasec:

Like I said, perhaps it was a stipulation on Brad's part before agreeing to an interview.

not_my_kids
11-24-2009, 09:36 AM
I don't remember who said Shaniya couldn't have been abused without someone outside knowing, but I think that Shaniya could have been abused in that trailer the whole time she was there and not have been heard outside.

Not all children scream and cry while being sexually abused. Especially if they learn fast that screaming means more pain will follow or that no one will come. Shutting down and suffering silently is more common than crying or screaming or fighting. Kids are easy to control - emotionally, mentally and physically - and if someone was molesting her the whole time she was there, keeping her quiet would have been easy.

I think the other adults in the trailer knew, and probably the other kids, but it woul dhave been possible without anyone outside knowing.

adtwah
BL sure is on TV a lot. It seems he's not allowing himself the oppportunity to grieve privately. I can't help but think the reason he is giving all these interviews is because he is concerned about what people think. I am sure he is grieving for his daughter and that he has regrets, but on the other hand, he doesn't seem to want to be depicted as the bad guy. I think it's interesting that he has a lawyer now.

songline

I think it is more important for them to hold as much as they can close to the vest.
That would include what an interviewer may or may not talk about.

Just because we are curious is not a good reason for them to give us their entire hand.
BEST investigations hold the most info close to the vest.
I think the Autopsy docu dump would tell us a lot...But it seems they are not offering that at all.
I respect that.

But I sure hope there will be some more charges today.

spamelope
11-24-2009, 09:43 AM
Diena T and Brad L have the same lawyer??????? WTH!?

Kimberlyd125
11-24-2009, 09:45 AM
True, we don't know what happened, and most trying to fill in the blanks to try and make sense based on what most of us have experienced with children, etc.

I totally agree with you.
But, filling in the blanks with rumors over and over and stating them as fact does nothing for this case IMO.

I'm not sure we will be able to make sense of this until more facts come out. About AD, MAM and BL.

not_my_kids
11-24-2009, 09:46 AM
PattyG, I just sprayed coffee on my screen.
That little convo sounds so much like the recent convo between my soon to be husband and his daughter and her bio momster.

Him: Hi, sweetie. How's everything?
Her: Mommy said I don't have to go to the doctor anymore!
Him: Your therapist? Why not?
Her: Because we have to pay for my medicine now, so Mommy won't let me go anymore.
Him: Sweetie, give the phone to your mother and go to your room. I need to talk to Mommy for a few minutes.

redcar1
11-24-2009, 09:47 AM

If this is true, it could be the lawyer whose going around to all of them! Just like ambulance chasers... They've found a niche.
JMO

adtwah
11-24-2009, 09:48 AM
I think expecting a 5-year-old child to call her daddy every night is a bit much. That trailer was not large and it was filled to maximum capacity. If some things were going on that AD didn't want BL to know about, I seriously doubt that she would allow Shaniya to call her father. AD would have watched the child like a hawk and would have made sure she had no contact with the outside world.

I think it's interesting that BL's story seems to change frequently. When the story came about Shaniya's cigarette burns, he stated that Shaniya had excema. Now that so many are questioning how he could have sent Shaniya to that he@@hole without looking back, he states that he told Shaniya to call him every night, putting the responsibility in her court. I think it would be more normal for a parent take the initiative and call the child every night, instead of waiting for the child to call him.

Bobbisangel
11-24-2009, 09:48 AM
BL is in big debt also, but he had money for an engagement ring. He can't afford to bury Shaniya.
How bad did he want money also?
Could he of not wanted to spend any more money on her so he gave her back to AD.
To many upcoming problems??
Selling house, moving, wedding and remember baby ran her scooter into his Beemer!
How many of us pack up our loved ones things before the funeral???
Just MOO

Maybe he gave the engagement ring that had belonged to Ty to the new woman! That would save him some money :banghead:

Wonder when it was that Shaniya ran her scooter into his precious car? Is he selling his house and moving away? If that is true then he will be scott free with no kids or responsibilities for them.

Wonder why he is so broke...it sounds like he has a well paying job and when you travel like that it about doubles your hourly pay. Sounds like he lives way beyond his means.

Kimberlyd125
11-24-2009, 09:51 AM
Looks like this thread is turning back into the blame BL thread. I understand looking at him and questioning him. But come on. Some of these rumors don't make a difference as to the case.
I'd love to see this much blame and venom being put towards the criminals in this case.
JMO

Patty G
11-24-2009, 09:54 AM

Who is Diena T?

Kimberlyd125
11-24-2009, 09:57 AM
Who is Diena T?

She is Somer's mom. Her situation was much the same on WS because posters were blaming her for Somer's death for letting her walk to school without an adult.
But, mods put out stern warnings about bashing a parent for bad choices and it stopped.

jamiect
11-24-2009, 09:57 AM
Not a rumor..Someone withdrew Shaniya from school. Why has no interviewer asked who that person is?

Patty G
11-24-2009, 09:58 AM
BL is in big debt also, but he had money for an engagement ring. He can't afford to bury Shaniya.
How bad did he want money also?
Could he of not wanted to spend any more money on her so he gave her back to AD.
To many upcoming problems??
Selling house, moving, wedding and remember baby ran her scooter into his Beemer!
How many of us pack up our loved ones things before the funeral???
Just MOO

I am a bit behind here, but was all this information about debt, etc., in the media or from another source?

Kimberlyd125
11-24-2009, 09:59 AM
Not a rumor..Someone withdrew Shaniya out of school. Why has no interviewer asked who that person is?

But was it a formal withdraw or did she simply stop going?
Has that been stated.
Maybe they have not said who withdrew her because nobody went to the school and said, I need to withdraw her.
Maybe AD just did not bring her.

Patty G
11-24-2009, 09:59 AM
She is Somer's mom. Her situation was much the same on WS because posters were blaming her for Somer's death for letting her walk to school without an adult.
But, mods put out stern warnings about bashing a parent for bad choices and it stopped.

Oh, Somer's mom has the same attorney. Thank you.

LaLaw2000
11-24-2009, 10:00 AM

I don't think AD threw Coe under the bus either. I think it was the mobile home park manager. She sat with LE for hours going over the surveillance tape. She'd had a problem with Coe already because of his loud music while driving into and out of the park. It had to be dark on the tape, so I believe she is the one who may have mistakenly identified Coe. And possibly his vehicle on the tape.

Just Moo.

alwaysonmymind
11-24-2009, 10:00 AM

:silenced:

spamelope
11-24-2009, 10:01 AM
If this is true, it could be the lawyer whose going around to all of them! Just like ambulance chasers... They've found a niche.
JMO

I personally think that's sick. Just sick. Ambulance chasing is one thing-parents- of- murdered- children -chasing is another. The following is snipped:
But Diena Thompson and her lawyer, Mike Freed, said they are confident that the killer will be caught.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33881445/ns/today-today_people/?ns=today-today_people

momof2boys
Brad's attorney

Why hire a lawyer from FL. He does not even practice in NC. What the heck is going on? BIG RED FLAG. These are the most selfless people I have ever seen.

jamiect
Has that been stated.
Maybe they have not said who withdrew her because nobody went to the school and said, I need to withdraw her.

According to the school principal she was withdrawn. I don't have link right now but I will look.

alwaysonmymind
11-24-2009, 10:02 AM
I don't think AD threw Coe under the bus either. I think it was the mobile home park manager. She sat with LE for hours going over the surveillance tape. She'd had a problem with Coe already because of his loud music while driving into and out of the park. It had to be dark on the tape, so I believe she is the one who may have mistakenly identified Coe. And possibly his vehicle on the tape.

Just Moo.

How did the "terrorizing" charge come in?? Wouldn't AD be responsible for the info LE had to bring that charge against Coe?

Patty G
11-24-2009, 10:03 AM
Has that been stated.

The Elementary School principal stated that Shaniya was withdrawn mid-October and planned on meeting with her staff on Tuesday, which would have been the day after Shaniya was found, IIRC. We have not heard anymore from the school principal.

MomofBoys
11-24-2009, 10:03 AM
Looks like this thread is turning back into the blame BL thread. I understand looking at him and questioning him. But come on. Some of these rumors don't make a difference as to the case.
I'd love to see this much blame and venom being put towards the criminals in this case.
JMO

I understand what you're saying, but I think looking at BL really could help establish timelines and figure out exactly how long Shaniya was truly incommunicado with BL and Carey. The differing stories to point a light in his direction, IMO, and some of his comments have turned me from sympathetic to wondering exactly how much is him in CYA mode. I don't want to be suspicious of BL anymore than anyone else. I think he's suffered the worst loss imaginable and I agree that it should be respected.

However, the one I sympathize with most is Shaniya, and I'd turn a squinted eye toward her 95 year-old great-grandma if I thought she knew something that could help bring more charges against the monsters who did this to her.

Patty G
11-24-2009, 10:04 AM
Why hire a lawyer from FL. He does not even practice in NC. What the heck is going on? BIG RED FLAG. These are the most selfless people I have ever seen.

The only answer I have is the lawyer jumped in on the case based solely now on the fact the attorney is the same attorney for Diena T.

jamiect
11-24-2009, 10:06 AM
Cumberland County Schools officials said Shaniya was a kindergarten student at Morganton Road Elementary School until mid-October, when she was taken out of the school and wasn't enrolled elsewhere.

"We have no knowledge of what the reason was for her being withdrawn from school," Morganton Road Principal Charlotte McLaurin said.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6435879/

Kimberlyd125
11-24-2009, 10:06 AM
I understand what you're saying, but I think looking at BL really could help establish timelines and figure out exactly how long Shaniya was truly incommunicado with BL and Carey. The differing stories to point a light in his direction, IMO, and some of his comments have turned me from sympathetic to wondering exactly how much is him in CYA mode. I don't want to be suspicious of BL anymore than anyone else. I think he's suffered the worst loss imaginable and I agree that it should be respected.

However, the one I sympathize with most is Shaniya, and I'd turn a squinted eye toward her 95 year-old great-grandma if I thought she knew something that could help bring more charges against the monsters who did this to her.

And I totally agree. My point is not with looking at him or questioning things about him.
My point is stating rumors as facts.

Dr.Fessel
11-24-2009, 10:10 AM
How did BL think AD was going to pay for a baby sitter while she worked her part time low paying job?

Did he know something about some other work she was doing for extra money?

not_my_kids
11-24-2009, 10:11 AM
AD was the one that named Coe.
http://sanfordherald.com/pages/full_story/push?article-Charges+delayed+as+debate+continues+over+jurisdict ion+%20&id=4547631-Charges+delayed+as+debate+continues+over+jurisdict ion+&instance=main_article

Whether she did it on purpose, knowing that he was not responsible, is another story. I believe it was intentional on her part.

Kimberlyd125
11-24-2009, 10:13 AM
Well, I guess since BL was out of town, it is safe to say he did not formally withdraw Shaniya from school.
He stated when he left to go out of town, he told her to do good at school.
So who would have formally withdrew her???

IMO saying she was withdrawn from school does not mean somebody had to go to the school and formally withdraw her.
It could simply mean she no longer attended and she was informally withdrawn.
I've seen it several times on the preschool level as a former preschool teacher. But I would not know how K would work.

alwaysonmymind
IMO, blaming a person for something is not the same as determining responsibility for an event that occurs.

For example- my kids blame each other when a mess is left on the kitchen counter and I'm not there to witness it. They do this so they won't be held responsible. *It wasn't me.* :angel:

As the parent, I determine who is responsible so THIS person cleans it up with a reminder to not do it again.

I believe as parents it is OUR responsibility to KNOW EVERY situation we are allowing our children to be placed in. IMO, Brad did not do this. And Shaniya paid the price for it. jmo

not_my_kids
How did BL think AD was going to pay for a baby sitter while she worked her part time low paying job?

Did he know something about some other work she was doing for extra money?

If he's to be believed, he didn't know she was part time.
Not bashing, but he leaves his kids with a lot of other people...possible he saw nothing wrong with her sister or bf watching Shaniya while AD "worked".

JustJax
I can't stand to look at that man. He was on one of the morning shows today and it didn't sound to me like he is taking one little ounce of blame for this baby girl being murdered. Said something about he could have done things differently..my words..then he said.."BUT" which erased everything he had just said. He also had a attorney with him...just call him "George Anthony." what do either of them need attorneys for?

He did say that as he was in his truck ready to leave Shaniya came out and stood on the sideboard and he told her to do good in school and to call him every night. Wonder how much truth there was in that! The gal from the show didn't ask him if either of them called. How could Shaniya call him...did she have her own cell phone...doubt it. The bio mother probably wasn't going to spend money on phone calls every day....that would have taken away from her drug money.

He needs an attorney because of all of the speculation and blame that is being hurled his way right now. The first person arrested is this case obviously was thrown under the bus by someone, who's to say this might not happen to ANY of the players in the tragedy in the near future.
I would have a lawyer too in this day and age where most of these cases are now under a microscope being dissected by every media outlet and internet forum out there.
That said I am going to keep my opinions of Brad or anyone on that side of the family to myself, and wait till LE and the State lay the case out.

LaLaw2000
11-24-2009, 10:16 AM

I would like to know that as well, jamiect. Strange, strange, strange. He did basically answer the question concerning himself, tho. He made it seem as if the last time he spoke with or saw Shaniya was when he took her to Carey's house on November 2.

Sorry, but this guy just raises the hair on the back of my neck. Now HE has a lawyer - hmmm.

tlcya
11-24-2009, 10:19 AM
People of AB's financial and social status here in IL have several state and federally funded daycare options. I am not familiar with NC and what is available there but I am willing to bet something similar is available there. The look at your income and then tell you what nominal portion of the daycare fee you are responsible for and then state/federal govt. picks up the rest of the tab.

Patty G
11-24-2009, 10:19 AM
I would like to know that as well, jamiect. Strange, strange, strange. He did basically answer the question concerning himself, tho. He made it seem as if the last time he spoke with or saw Shaniya was when he took her to Carey's house on November 2.

Sorry, but this guy just raises the hair on the back of my neck. Now HE has a lawyer - hmmm.

October 2 ...

jamiect
11-24-2009, 10:20 AM
Well, I guess since BL was out of town, it is safe to say he did not formally withdraw Shaniya from school.
He stated when he left to go out of town, he told her to do good at school.
So who would have formally withdrew her???

IMO saying she was withdrawn from school does not mean somebody had to go to the school and formally withdraw her.
It could simply mean she no longer attended and she was informally withdrawn.
I've seen it several times on the preschool level as a former preschool teacher. But I would not know how K would work.

According to Aunt Carey, she was the guardian on the school records. Aunt Carey has also made claims that she only packed 2 days worth of clothes for Shaniya. Lot's of unanswered questions.

Bobbisangel
11-24-2009, 10:22 AM
Has that been stated.

I believe there is a statement from her teacher some place on here. Shaniya was withdrawn from school but I don't believe she said by who.

not_my_kids
11-24-2009, 10:23 AM
I believe there is a statement from her teacher some place on here. Shaniya was withdrawn from school but I don't believe she said by who.

It was from the principal. It doesn't say who took her out or even if she was formally withdrawn or just stopped coming.

ETA: http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6435879/
Cumberland County Schools officials said Shaniya was a kindergarten student at Morganton Road Elementary School until mid-October, when she was taken out of the school and wasn't enrolled elsewhere.
"We have no knowledge of what the reason was for her being withdrawn from school," Morganton Road Principal Charlotte McLaurin said.

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/16/952562
Shaniya was enrolled in kindergarten at Morganton Road Elementary School in September, said Charlotte McLaurin, the principal. She was withdrawn in October, but McLaurin did not know why. McLaurin has scheduled a meeting for Tuesday to talk to her staff about Shaniya's death. Grief counselors will be available to talk to students.

"We certainly have felt the impact of this," McLaurin said.

LogicalMinds
11-24-2009, 10:25 AM
I'm not sure those two statements are fact. Just sayin.
And she is in Heaven because of her mother and her "friend". IMO

and her mother and "friend" would have never had this opportunity if they were not "given" it so freely

Yes I think they are rotten...if you took a pet bird to that trailer they would probably cook it and feed it to the kids so they can trade their food stamps for drugs

if you asked AD to board your dog she might sell it to an animal research facility if she had the chance..or to a dog fighter to use as "bait"

they have no morals and no souls...they are vile disgusting dregs of society

so why on earth would anyone take a precious little girl like Shaynia from her nice home and dump here there with 2 days of clothes...."removed" from school ranks.....no phone calls that we know of (and if there were, we would know of ..so I feel pretty confident no phone calls)....not checking on her...no safety net

I would use (and have) so much more concern, caution, investigation to find a good "pet motel" for my various pets over the years....I remain shocked and disgusted

and even more disgusted if these people continue to show their faces in the media....I wonder who will be there next? Lifetime movies?? I expect to see that ghoul Larry Garrison on the scene with a quick book deal next

yuck:banghead:

tlcya
11-24-2009, 10:25 AM
AD was the one that named Coe.
http://sanfordherald.com/pages/full_story/push?article-Charges+delayed+as+debate+continues+over+jurisdict ion+%20&id=4547631-Charges+delayed+as+debate+continues+over+jurisdict ion+&instance=main_article

Whether she did it on purpose, knowing that he was not responsible, is another story. I believe it was intentional on her part.

Thanks for posting that link and clearing up the question of whether AB gave up Coe as a suspect.

But a note of caution to readers checking out this link, although the tagline at the top is dated today, November 24, 2009, this is actually just a reprint of a story run earlier last week. When you read it you will note it states that no murder charges have been filed as yet and LE are still trying to determine which jurisdiction it will fall in (news that was current last week but no longer the case).

Dr.Fessel
11-24-2009, 10:26 AM
I think BL is asking us to look at what happened and how she was put in danger.

Davis' father, Bradley Lockhart, spoke with reporters from the front porch of his home Tuesday afternoon. He asked everyone to remember his daughter, and to work to prevent a similar tragedy from happening again.
"My heart bleeds and hopes and prays that this community, this country can unite as one to possibly prevent something like this from happening again, to another special angel. I ask that everyone makes it a point not to ignore or look past a situation where a person, a child, or anybody might be in danger," he said.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7123252

LaLaw2000
11-24-2009, 10:28 AM
How did the "terrorizing" charge come in?? Wouldn't AD be responsible for the info LE had to bring that charge against Coe?

You got me there! IDK!

spamelope
11-24-2009, 10:28 AM
He needs an attorney because of all of the speculation and blame that is being hurled his way right now. The first person arrested is this case obviously was thrown under the bus by someone, who's to say this might not happen to ANY of the players in the tragedy in the near future.
I would have a lawyer too in this day and age where most of these cases are now under a microscope being dissected by every media outlet and internet forum out there.
That said I am going to keep my opinions of Brad or anyone on that side of the family to myself, and wait till LE and the State lay the case out.
I can see having a lawyer. I just can't see having an entertainment lawyer from another state for representation.

Kimberlyd125
11-24-2009, 10:32 AM
I can see having a lawyer. I just can't see having an entertainment lawyer from another state for representation.

Was entertainment the only thing listed on this man's website?
I read it earlier and there was much more than that. IIRC

KivaSupporter
11-24-2009, 10:33 AM
People of AB's financial and social status here in IL have several state and federally funded daycare options. I am not familiar with NC and what is available there but I am willing to bet something similar is available there. The look at your income and then tell you what nominal portion of the daycare fee you are responsible for and then state/federal govt. picks up the rest of the tab.

You are right. Such programs are available in NC.

mysticrose
11-24-2009, 10:34 AM

BL is probally getting a thousand calls a day from the media and doesn't know how to handle it. This is a very unusal case as far as child murder cases go...jmo

tlcya
11-24-2009, 10:34 AM

I too can see having a lawyer, but can I just go off topic for a sec and say "eeeewww"?

IMOO, in today's media driven society, I find all these nasty "entertainment lawyers" that crawl out of the woodwork every time some hot national case makes headlines repulsive. IMOO they are the absolute bottom feeders of the system.

Entertainment Lawyer - really?!?

Good to know that a 5 year old being sold by her momster to a thug drug dealer for sex is what passes for "entertainment" nowadays.

:sick::sick::sick:

spamelope
11-24-2009, 10:35 AM
MF's areas of service:
* Banking
* Class Actions
* Construction
* Corporate Governance
* Education
* Eminent Domain
* Entertainment
* Health Care
* Hospitality Industry
* Insurance Coverage
* International Law
* Labor & Employment
* Litigation
* Product Liability
* Professional Athletics
I can see nothing else applicable. I doubt he's getting them contracts with the NBA.

not_my_kids
11-24-2009, 10:37 AM
Thanks for posting that link and clearing up the question of whether AB gave up Coe as a suspect.

But a note of caution to readers checking out this link, although the tagline at the top is dated today, November 24, 2009, this is actually just a reprint of a story run earlier last week. When you read it you will note it states that no murder charges have been filed as yet and LE are still trying to determine which jurisdiction it will fall in (news that was current last week but no longer the case).

It's an updated article. Most of the WRAL articles are the same, drives me nuts. They have 2 or 3 different dates and several stages of info, brand new details and the old stuff all thrown together. They add to it, but don't remove the old info.
That is very frustrating and makes it hard to keep up with a case.
Okay, minor rant over.

sdw
11-24-2009, 10:38 AM
October 2 ...

Watched this and I saw something I missed before, watch at about 1:22 the mom rolls her eyes at the judge when he mispronounces Shaniya's name.

LaLaw2000
11-24-2009, 10:39 AM
And I totally agree. My point is not with looking at him or questioning things about him.
My point is stating rumors as facts.

Kimberly125, you are a fellow Louisianian and I love more than my luggage, but people are going to have different 'takes' on every case. We all have a right to voice our opinions. I just pass over any post I don't agree with.

When I state anything you may feel is a rumor, just pass on over my post. I am not picking on BL, but I am questioning him for his decisions. Those decisions turned out to be bad ones by letting Shaniya even go to AD's to begin with because of what happened to her there. I have made no secret of the fact that I do not like BL. I think he is not accepting his part of the responsibility for Shaniya.

FWIW, I know he had nothing to do with Shaniya's death and I hope MAM and AD burn in he!!.

JustJax
11-24-2009, 10:40 AM
. I ask that everyone makes it a point not to ignore or look past a situation where a person, a child, or anybody might be in danger," he said.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7123252

(Snipped)

Considering the amount of people living in the trailer home and the amount of people going in and out, as per the claims of owner of the trailer park, SOMEONE had to have seen something that was amiss, ya think??

not_my_kids
11-24-2009, 10:42 AM
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/261848...24816#34124816

Watched this and I saw something I missed before, watch at about 1:22 the mom rolls her eyes at the judge when he mispronounces Shaniya's name.
I know, that freaked me out. I didn't see it the first time...I was too busy rolling my own eyes when he flubbed her name.

JustJax
11-24-2009, 10:43 AM

I can also understand the need for an entertainment lawyer as well. Media appearances would no doubt signing contracts or agreements.

LaLaw2000
11-24-2009, 10:43 AM
October 2 ...

Thanks, Patty G! My mistake!

tlcya
11-24-2009, 10:45 AM
MF's areas of service:
* Banking
* Class Actions
* Construction
* Corporate Governance
* Education
* Eminent Domain
* Entertainment
* Health Care
* Hospitality Industry
* Insurance Coverage
* International Law
* Labor & Employment
* Litigation
* Product Liability
* Professional Athletics
I can see nothing else applicable. I doubt he's getting them contracts with the NBA.

well, I suppose there isn't really an official title for the area of law that covers parents of murdered children whose cases are greatly in the news right now.

LOL @ NBA contract

sdw
11-24-2009, 10:47 AM
I know, that freaked me out. I didn't see it the first time...I was too busy rolling my own eyes when he flubbed her name.

yes and did you see how when he starts to charge her she takes a big deep breath.

alwaysonmymind
11-24-2009, 10:48 AM
:furious:

Well, we know what that means. He needs someone to handle all the money that is supposed to be coming in from the fundraisers and the 'foundation'. Notice this guy lists as an entertainment attorney. Makin' deals already?

Well, on The Early Show last week, Diena T. did send a shout out to Brad.

Somer's Mom: I'd Love to Aid Shaniya's Dad
Mother of Fla. 7-Year-Old Slain Month Ago Says She'd Gladly Help Father of N.C. 5-Year-Old Killed Last Week

~snip~

Somer Thompson's mother says she'd "love" to speak to Shaniya Davis's father, to help him in any way she can, and commiserate.

~snip~

Rodriguez then asked Diena if she's thought about reaching out to Lockhart, Davis' father, and Diena said she "actually would love to speak to Mr. Davis (Lockhart) and let him know that I know exactly what he's going through, and that I've got a shoulder for him to lean on, and I can't believe that a parent would ever be involved in hurting their own child (as authorities allege Antoinette Davis was)."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/11/19/earlyshow/main5708139.shtml

CarrieBean
11-24-2009, 10:49 AM
Anyone remember these two?

http://wwwcache.wral.com/asset/news/local/2009/11/12/6409153/mcneill_mario_andrette-300x400.jpg
http://wwwcache.wral.com/asset/news/local/2009/11/14/6421848/Antoinette_Nicole_Davis-600x450.jpg

not_my_kids
11-24-2009, 10:49 AM
Is it possible that is the attorney he uses for the lawsuits filed by his ex-in laws?
he is a litigation attorney, and while I don't think he would be qualified to represent Bl in court were any charges to arise from this case, I think he would be able to advise him in a non-official capacity. And having entertainment law experience, he would be able to advise BL on what is considered harassment by the press.

I am not defending him, but I am trying to be objective. There are some things that I can't come up with a single objective thought about, those I am keeping quiet on.

MomofBoys
11-24-2009, 10:50 AM
Yes, CarrieBean, I'm pretty sure we remember. But some of us would like to gather more information so that maybe they can have more charges levied against them. Particularly the one on the bottom so she doesn't get off easily.

LogicalMinds
11-24-2009, 10:51 AM

Yeah....but he is also representing Somer's mom *btw both she and her bf have quit their jobs..they just had yet another "fundraiser" for the family bikers run in Jax

the lawyer is also from Florida..isn't that strange?? Can you share your insights on that??

I wonder how long it will be before the book deal....has anyone seen Larry Garrison around??? He jumped into the Anthony fray right quickly

Patty G
11-24-2009, 10:52 AM

LogicalMinds
11-24-2009, 10:52 AM
Is it possible that is the attorney he uses for the lawsuits filed by his ex-in laws?
he is a litigation attorney, and while I don't think he would be qualified to represent Bl in court were any charges to arise from this case, I think he would be able to advise him in a non-official capacity. And having entertainment law experience, he would be able to advise BL on what is considered harassment by the press.

I am not defending him, but I am trying to be objective. There are some things that I can't come up with a single objective thought about, those I am keeping quiet on.

Why would he have been using a Florida lawyer in NC?

KivaSupporter
11-24-2009, 10:54 AM
The state of North Carolina is reviewing what kind of contact the Cumberland County Department of Social Services had with Antoinette Davis and her children.

The announcement, made by the N.C. Child Fatality Task Force on Monday, comes a little more than a week after police arrested Davis and charged her with human trafficking and child abuse by prostitution.

Police, Davis' family members and DSS have declined to say what kind of involvement the agency had with Antoinette Davis and her family.

On Friday, the director of the Cumberland County Department of Social Services released a statement saying the release of any information about the agency's involvement with the Davis family would jeopardize the state's ability to prosecute Davis and would hurt any current or future investigation.

The Child Fatality Task Force is a division of the N.C. Department of Health and Human Services, which has oversight authority over all county DSS agencies.

Last week, Jackson said her agency was assisting law enforcement in the Shaniya Davis investigation but declined to comment as to what extent.

Police also would not say what role DSS was playing in the investigation.

About 70 positions at DSS remain unfilled, Jackson told the board, and roughly 30 of those are considered critical positions by the agency.
"Most of those vacancies are in child services and food and nutrition services," Jackson said. The agency is awaiting the green light from the county manager to resume recruitment for those jobs.

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/24/955012

BBM

Patty G

http://wwwcache.wral.com/asset/news/local/2009/11/12/6409153/mcneill_mario_andrette-300x400.jpg
http://wwwcache.wral.com/asset/news/local/2009/11/14/6421848/Antoinette_Nicole_Davis-600x450.jpg

Yup, but they aren't talking right now. :crazy:

not_my_kids
In the interest of objectivity, the lawyers fields and expertise include:
Mike became the Florida Managing Partner for Brennan, Manna & Diamond in September 2003. Mike is experienced in litigation, arbitration, administrative proceedings and other forms of dispute resolution in a wide range of areas, including:

Banking
Class Actions
Construction
Corporate Governance
Education
Eminent Domain
Entertainment
Health Care
Hospitality Industry
Insurance Coverage
International Law
Labor & Employment
Litigation
Product Liability
Professional Athletics
In addition, Mike serves on behalf of the Firm as outside general counsel for several companies, with regular involvement in personnel matters, labor relations, contract negotiations, insurance and risk analysis, and strategic planning.

songline
11-24-2009, 10:56 AM
Who is Diana T?

not_my_kids
11-24-2009, 10:57 AM
Why would he have been using a Florida lawyer in NC?

He's retained by several companies.
I wonder if the company LB works for is based or licensed in FL? If they are, the lawyer may be provided by his employer. If one of my employees were getting bad press to this extent (deserved or not) I would possibly hire them an advisor, in the best interests of the company.
Just saying.

lbminnesota
11-24-2009, 10:59 AM
Brad's attorney

Why has he retained an attorney from Jax, FL?

LaLaw2000
11-24-2009, 11:00 AM
Actually, I would like to see LE move the investigation along and add more charges against AD.

I would think that a lot of the comments made about BL is because he cannot seem to stay off camera. Maybe I would not comment about him if he wasn't on camera so much with it being so self-serving. And he is the last one, IMO, that needs to preach to the public about what has happened and how to prevent it. I also didn't much care to see Carey on TV stating she had been unemployed for a year. Will people send her money now as well?

OK, I am done for a while.

alwaysonmymind
11-24-2009, 11:00 AM
Yes, CarrieBean, I'm pretty sure we remember. But some of us would like to gather more information so that maybe they can have more charges levied against them. Particularly the one on the bottom so she doesn't get off easily.

My guess: LE will make a deal with her for her testimony against McNeill. Not for total immunity, but some kind of deal to help ensure the death penalty for McNeill. jmo

songline
11-24-2009, 11:01 AM
Has that been stated.
If Ad just did not bring her they would call the home of the Child to review...
Would they call AD or would they call BLs sister aunt Carie?
If they called AD she could have told them she has the Flue now.

Patty G
11-24-2009, 11:01 AM

Not sure, but now that it is known that Somer's mother has the same attorney makes one wonder why. Perhaps this attorney contacted Brad as it is a "high" profile case.

not_my_kids
11-24-2009, 11:02 AM
Is it actually stated anywhere that BL did the retaining?
Seeing as how the guy isn't practicing in NC and hasn't been since 2003, does shoot my idea of it being his former attorney.
But if he hasn't specifically said that he hired the lawyer for a specific reason, and the lawyer hasn't clarified...i can't decide yet.
That's why I'm questioning.

tlcya
11-24-2009, 11:04 AM
I am not making a judgment on BL hiring a lawyer, simply frustrated by the growing trend of entertainment attorneys being involved in hig profile murders. It feels to me as if an entire cottage industry just sort of sprung up around representing families of murder victims on every talk show and news program, etc. I get that it may be a necessary evil, but I nonetheless am left feeling a need to shower.

Patty G
11-24-2009, 11:05 AM
Is it actually stated anywhere that BL did the retaining?
Seeing as how the guy isn't practicing in NC and hasn't been since 2003, does shoot my idea of it being his former attorney.
But if he hasn't specifically said that he hired the lawyer for a specific reason, and the lawyer hasn't clarified...i can't decide yet.
That's why I'm questioning.

Nothing has come out so far about Brad retaining an attorney, but I am sure now someone will start digging and it will be addressed in the media.

IMO, IF this is an attorney from the past, this attorney would have showed up the first time BL or his sister appeared in the media.

lbminnesota
11-24-2009, 11:06 AM
The only answer I have is the lawyer jumped in on the case based solely now on the fact the attorney is the same attorney for Diena T.

Here I was feeling warm and fuzzy for 10 minutes and then back to reality. He continues to show us how consistently clueless he is in anything to do with Shaniya.

not_my_kids
11-24-2009, 11:07 AM
Nothing has come out so far about Brad retaining an attorney, but I am sure now someone will start digging and it will be addressed in the media.

IMO, IF this is an attorney from the past, this attorney would have showed up the first time BL or his sister appeared in the media.

Thank you for the clarification. I don't really think it could be his former attorney considering the timeline, but the employer may have hired him.

paris_paris
11-24-2009, 11:11 AM

Maybe it has something to do with Dienna's comment in a presser.

"I'd love to reach out to Mr. Davis".

Patty G
11-24-2009, 11:11 AM
When I take a step back and look at this lawyer's qualifications, exactly what would be his purpose in this "high" profile case. Sue AD, MAM, DCFS, LE? Can't get much out of AD or MAM. AD wasn't investigated by DCFS with regards to Shaniya and for all we know, DCFS may not even have known about Shaniya.

Patty G
11-24-2009, 11:12 AM
Thank you for the clarification. I don't really think it could be his former attorney considering the timeline, but the employer may have hired him.

IMO, no employer connection with regards to this attorney.

songline
11-24-2009, 11:13 AM

Nor did the principle say HOW it was done; by phone or in a formal in person filing.
I imagine it was done by phone because they were to meet the Tuesday Shaniya died. If by phone we may never know who did it. This is a shady crowd.;

not_my_kids
11-24-2009, 11:13 AM
Just stating fact.
Has anyone noticed the timeline changed again?

As of today, he dropped her off at her aunt's on 10-2. "8 days later" she went to her mothers.
That would be 10-10, not 10-9, like we have been hearing.

not_my_kids
11-24-2009, 11:16 AM
Do we know where BL is employed?

If we can't write it out, could it be linked? If anybody knows, let me know.

jnTexas
11-24-2009, 11:16 AM
So if a parent of a murdered child were doing interviews, and NOT getting paid licensing fees for photos would they need a lawyer?

Someone needs to pass a law to make it illegal to make money off of photos of deceased children. This is getting crazy.

lbminnesota
11-24-2009, 11:17 AM
Maybe it has something to do with Dienna's comment in a presser.

"I'd love to reach out to Mr. Davis".

Tomorrow's news: Brad was seen having a late lunch with George and Cindy Anthony.

Patty G
11-24-2009, 11:19 AM
Do we know where BL is employed?

If we can't write it out, could it be linked? If anybody knows, let me know.

I thought it was Utah, which is why an attorney in FL makes no sense.

reeseeva
11-24-2009, 11:23 AM

BBM

This may be a small thing, but it shows what lengths the Media will go to to sensationalize, even the smallest things, that can have an impact. I watched the court appearance live, and never saw her roll her eyes at this juncture. She did roll her eyes, when told of being charged with felony child abuse, not when Shaniya's name was mispronounced. Here is the first court appearance Live, and she squints, when the judge mispronounces the name, she does not roll her eyes.
http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/6431724/

not_my_kids
11-24-2009, 11:24 AM
I thought it was Utah, which is why an attorney in FL makes no sense.

That doesn't tell us where they are based, where their executive offices are. If it's FL, Mike Freed is general counsel for several companies.

I have no reason to believe this is true, but not knowing the practices, name or location of the company base, it's hard to say, either way.

It wouldn't surprise me if BL hired him. Either to make sure he gets maximum cash flow off Shaniya's image or to make himself appear more media savvy, or whatever other reason. But I'm not ready to condemn him for something until I know if he had any choice in the matter and the motivation behind it.

spamelope
11-24-2009, 11:24 AM
I am not making a judgment on BL hiring a lawyer, simply frustrated by the growing trend of entertainment attorneys being involved in hig profile murders. It feels to me as if an entire cottage industry just sort of sprung up around representing families of murder victims on every talk show and news program, etc. I get that it may be a necessary evil, but I nonetheless am left feeling a need to shower.
Bingo!
Never mind some evil person who sees his/her childrens demise as some sort of cash cow. If it hasn't happened yet, it's just a matter of time before some child is killed so mom and dad can do the whole talk show circuit, raking in donations and licensing fees. I don't think anything good and decent can come of this.

southernvagirl
11-24-2009, 11:25 AM
Why hire a lawyer from FL. He does not even practice in NC. What the heck is going on? BIG RED FLAG. These are the most selfless people I have ever seen.In the attorneys bio, it says "entertainment",,so I gues the next step is the books, and movies......

Patty G
11-24-2009, 11:25 AM
So if a parent of a murdered child were doing interviews, and NOT getting paid licensing fees for photos would they need a lawyer?

Someone needs to pass a law to make it illegal to make money off of photos of deceased children. This is getting crazy.

IMO, when the shows call the individuals to appear on the shows, they mention bring photos etc., to show on air and we will pay X-amount of dollars under the "fair and reasonable licensing contract".

Other individuals in "high" profile cases that appeared on the morning shows without a lawyer received $$ for a picture of a "snake". Others appearing on all the other morning shows with and without an attorney received $$ under the "licensing" fees contract.

not_my_kids
11-24-2009, 11:27 AM
BBM

This may be a small thing, but it shows what lengths the Media will go to to sensationalize, even the smallest things, that can have an impact. I watched the court appearance live, and never saw her roll her eyes at this juncture. She did roll her eyes, when told of being charged with felony child abuse, not when Shaniya's name was mispronounced. Here is the first court appearance Live, and she squints, when the judge mispronounces the name, she does not roll her eyes.

You're right, she narrows them at the mispronouncement, but doesn't roll them until she hears the child abuse charge. It is a splice. On the recap of the hearing that was shown on NBC this morning, they spliced it. Good catch.

Patty G
11-24-2009, 11:28 AM
BBM

I noticed she took a deep breath in, like a "big sigh" when she was being charged for human trafficking.

LogicalMinds
11-24-2009, 11:29 AM
That doesn't tell us where they are based, where their executive offices are. If it's FL, Mike Freed is general counsel for several companies.

I have no reason to believe this is true, but not knowing the practices, name or location of the company base, it's hard to say, either way.

It wouldn't surprise me if BL hired him. Either to make sure he gets maximum cash flow off Shaniya's image or to make himself appear more media savvy, or whatever other reason. But I'm not ready to condemn him for something until I know if he had any choice in the matter and the motivation behind it.

Since he is already the lawyer for Somer's mom *and that seems to becoming a lucrative venture from what I see...I think he may have "reached out" to BL

I find the fact that he is from Jax and already handling another media heavy and now fundraising heavy case pretty disturbing

oh there could be other explantions..."company hired him....old family friend..he was his former child support attorney even tho that is not one his many services....aliens told BL to hire him....a big purple pony came riding along with his business card and gave it to BL"...but frankly none of those "explanations" are logical (or simple)

I go with the simplest explanation...this lawyer has a new moneymaker repping the parents of murder victims

selling pictures/videos to media....setting up fundraisers...a "foundation"...
book deal...movie deal...speaking deals

his new niche

maybe with the economy corporate law isn't paying him too well..now he found this

lbminnesota
11-24-2009, 11:31 AM
Bingo!
Never mind some evil person who sees his/her childrens demise as some sort of cash cow. If it hasn't happened yet, it's just a matter of time before some child is killed so mom and dad can do the whole talk show circuit, raking in donations and licensing fees. I don't think anything good and decent can come of this.

I agree. I expected Brad would have an attorney and he should; but an attorney from NC who knows NC law to assist the family in issues that may arise. Again, this doesn't feel like it's about Shaniya.

not_my_kids
11-24-2009, 11:32 AM
Logical Minds - See your point, and I'm not trying to argue. But to me, the simplest explanation is that he was hired by the employer. It's a difference of viewpoint, and from my POV, waiting before we hang him for it is the wise choice.

It's not going to stop people from dissecting it, and that isn't my intention, but there are things that are missed when people go at something from only one direction.

Muffet
11-24-2009, 11:32 AM
JMO

-snipped pics for space-

Those two have been the consistent recipients of blame, venom, and sleuthing to the best of all our abilities.

The reason the father is also being scrutinized for his part is twofold, IMO:

1. To set an example of what should be seen as an unacceptable risk for any parent to subject their children to.

2. We've seen how people tend to circle the wagons around parents like him and treat them as martyrs and celebrities. This sends a very bad message to those who take the same risks with their children.

JMO :twocents:

momof2boys
11-24-2009, 11:33 AM

Well they do. But NC is in a bad budget crisis and this funding is from DHHS and they have been cut. So there is a long waiting list for these services. I am not sure if she received public assitance or not since she had a 7 year old but she most definately did not have any assitance with Shaniya.

not_my_kids
11-24-2009, 11:34 AM
Well they do. But NC is in a bad budget crisis and this funding is from DHHS and they have been cut. So there is a long waiting list for these services. I am not sure if she received public assitance or not since she had a 7 year old but she most definately did not have any assitance with Shaniya.

BBM.
How do we know that?

Patty G
11-24-2009, 11:34 AM
Well, we will have to wait and see where this attorney pops up again since they are in New York. Perhaps GMA, or the Early Show, maybe a trip to California.

It's obvious though that this attorney "missed the boat" when BL appeared on Oprah. This is what leads me to believe this attorney only just "caught the cruise ship."

rotterdam
11-24-2009, 11:36 AM

My take on this is, when a crime is showcased by the media, and followed closely by the general public, many parties will make money of that. Everybody wants a slice of the money pie. Victims of the crime included. The money will be practically dropped in their lab for some exclusive pictures. Not many people will refuse or turn down such easy money . Some recipients might even use those monies on selfless causes later on. It will just business as usual.

EclecticArtist
11-24-2009, 11:42 AM
We need a Presser! Come on! There is a mountain of evidence and information that's been established! How can we Sleuthers do our job without some of the facts and evidence!

For starters, let's have more charges brought on! Maybe we need to call upon Chuckles!

lbminnesota
11-24-2009, 11:43 AM

BBM:
IMO - The Fayetteville Housing Authority provided an apartment for AD for at least two years. A reasonable assumption would be that her application included two children to qualify.

songline
11-24-2009, 11:44 AM
Tomorrow's news: Brad was seen having a late lunch with George and Cindy Anthony.
:eek: :eek: It is strange but is it also true????
well ......IMHO they are the best BS artists.

Patty G
11-24-2009, 11:46 AM

IMO, I also don't feel that AD was on any public assistance regarding Shaniya during the time frame of Oct 9 to Nov 10. It takes time to process this paperwork. Also, Brad would have to be notified because AD would have to admit who Shaniya's father is etc.

At some point Brad's financial status would come forward. IF anything, court ordered child support would have been enforced by DCFS especially since BL had Shaniya all those years.

tlcya
11-24-2009, 11:46 AM

Thank you for that info, I am not familiar with NC so I appreciate answers from those who are more in the know than myself.

Respectfully BBM - Is this documented fact or opinion? Either is fine, but before I go posting later in the thread regarding AB receiving financial assistance for Shaniya and basing my posts on the above I want to make sure? TIA

kiki the parrot
11-24-2009, 11:47 AM
Almost caught up... was really disappointed to read this statement.

"We obviously make decisions in life that sometimes have repercussions or adverse situations that drift from our decision. We just have to continue to believe in God and hope that our decisions are the correct ones," he said...

Lockhart said he didn't think he missed any warning signs that Shaniya would be at risk if he accepted Davis's request to help raise the girl.

"I don't think I really missed any. Of course there's always speculation. There's always things you could look at and say, well maybe, maybe not," Lockhart said.

I think it's pretty clear this choice wasn't the "correct one." And I am sad to think that in hindsight even, he sees no reason he shouldn't have sent her there... in fact, it sounds to me like he's saying there's no reason, given the same circumstances, to not do it again. Honestly it's just heartbreaking when we can't reflect and learn anything from even the most tragic consequences--the death of this beautiful child. Or make the link--even in retrospect--between our choices or judgment, and the outcome.

Meanwhile wondering if anyone can kindly tell me why BL even needs a lawyer--any lawyer, from any state--seriously, I don't get it. :waitasec:

Linda7NJ
11-24-2009, 11:48 AM

I am wondering if she just guessed or said maybe it was Coe?

There was no mention of the trailer park video surveillance capturing mom handing her daughter over and I' equally sure the child wasn't standing outside alone & waiting to be picked up by Mario....as he is claiming.

Mario is a child rapist and murder, his word means NOTHING to me.

I feel mom's 911 call sounded legitimate.

It's still my opinion, that Mario, initially charged with kidnapping claimed mom gave him the child. In his mind, erasing the "kidnapping." IMO I also believe LE is hard at work investigating and trying to make mom's charges stick. If she did indeed sell her baby's body to be used for sex, I hope to God they can nail her for it. To date, I just haven't seen, heard or read anything to substantiate the charges against her.

songline
11-24-2009, 11:49 AM
In the attorneys bio, it says "entertainment",,so I gues the next step is the books, and movies......

Maybe that is why he MAY have had lunch with the Anthony's :eek:

tlcya
11-24-2009, 11:51 AM
The reason I question whether we can say for sure that AD was not getting assistance for Shaniya is that despite the fact that she was not residing there (til recently apparently) many parents, particularly ones that play fast and loose with custody or when a child bounces back and forth, commit fraud by applying for assitance whether the child actually lives with them or not. It happens every day all over this country. Who's to say that she hasn't been collecting for Shaniya for years. Not saying I have any proof that she is but simply suggesting that just because we are law abiding rule following folk, she was not and we cannot say for sure that AD was not collecting til we have it confirmed by some sort of official confirmation.

Amster
11-24-2009, 11:53 AM
Note to self....DO NOT watch anymore self-serving media performances by BL.

His lecturing on what society and communities should do to prevent another tragedy like what happened to Shaniya is infuriating!! HE put Shaniya in that environment....HE did that! And, put the onus on HER to call HIM!! She was 5 years old, FGS!! Bless her heart...

not_my_kids
11-24-2009, 11:53 AM
Maybe that is why he MAY have had lunch with the Anthony's :eek:
That comment was made in jest, I'm pretty sure.

Another reason to keep the mention of the Anthony's out of Shaniya's case.
They make me vomit.

Patty G
11-24-2009, 11:54 AM
The reason I question whether we can say for sure that AD was not getting assistance for Shaniya is that despite the fact that she was not residing there (til recently apparently) many parents, particularly ones that play fast and loose with custody or when a child bounces back and forth, commit fraud by applying for assitance whether the child actually lives with them or not. It happens every day all over this country. Who's to say that she hasn't been collecting for Shaniya for years. Not saying I have any proof that she is but simply suggesting that just because we are law abiding rule following folk, she was not and we cannot say for sure that AD was not collecting til we have it confirmed by some sort of officail confirmation.

IMO, I would think that IF AD was collecting assistance for two children, this would have been uncovered in July when DCFS investigated AD. If anything, DCFS would have asked where is Shaniya?

Linda7NJ
11-24-2009, 11:54 AM

His lecturing on what society and communities should do to prevent another tragedy like what happened to Shaniya is infuriating!! HE put Shaniya in that environment....HE did that! And, put the onus on HER to call HIM!! She was 5 years old, FGS!! Bless her heart...

I couldn't agree more. He makes my BLOOD BOIL!

kiki the parrot
11-24-2009, 11:56 AM
So BL wasn't even in the picture at that point... had been gone out of town for a week. So while Shaniya is staying w Aunt Carrie, exactly how does this selfless, benevolent gesture take place, who called who to prompt the Aunt to do this. That is what doesn't add up to me--did BL call the Aunt and tell her, "I want you to drop Shaniya off because AD needs to be a mother now." Or did AD call Aunt and say, "I want you to bring Shaniya because BL believes I need to be a mother now." Or did Aunt call BL and say, "I'm tired of dealing w this," and BL said "AD needs to be a mother now." Or did Aunt call BL and say, "AD needs to be a mother now."
:confused:

No really. I don't understand how this went down. Do we know?

Linda7NJ
11-24-2009, 11:58 AM
IMO, I would think that IF AD was collecting assistance for two children, this would have been uncovered in July when DCFS investigated AD. If anything, DCFS would have asked where is Shaniya?

DCFS would have no idea.

They responded because there was an allegation of abuse, neglect etc that's all that is investigated. The case was closed so the allegation IMO was determined "unfounded." There is little to no agency communication between divisions.

People collect for children not residing with them all the time.

miss lisa
11-24-2009, 11:59 AM
If Ad just did not bring her they would call the home of the Child to review...
Would they call AD or would they call BLs sister aunt Carie?
If they called AD she could have told them she has the Flue now.

My daughter is a level III Social Worker with DSS in CPS in North Carolina about 3 hrs away from where this little angel went missing. NC CPS would show up on the door step of AD. They do not have to call ahead and the flu wouldn't stop them from checking on the welfare of the child if they thought she was in danger.

lbminnesota
11-24-2009, 11:59 AM
IMO, I also don't feel that AD was on any public assistance regarding Shaniya during the time frame of Oct 9 to Nov 10. It takes time to process this paperwork. Also, Brad would have to be notified because AD would have to admit who Shaniya's father is etc.

At some point Brad's financial status would come forward. IF anything, court ordered child support would have been enforced by DCFS especially since BL had Shaniya all those years.

Per court records, the Fayetteville Housing Auth filed their first ejection notice on 4/3/07, continued to file notices of ejections, and were granted final ejection on 12/29/08 and papers were delivered to AD on 1/6/09.

not_my_kids
11-24-2009, 12:00 PM
So BL wasn't even in the picture at that point... had been gone out of town for a week. So while Shaniya is staying w Aunt Carrie, exactly how does this selfless, benevolent gesture take place, who called who to prompt the Aunt to do this. That is what doesn't add up to me--did BL call the Aunt and tell her, "I want you to drop Shaniya off because AD needs to be a mother now." Or did AD call Aunt and say, "I want you to bring Shaniya because BL believes I need to be a mother now." Or did Aunt call BL and say, "I'm tired of dealing w this," and BL said "AD needs to be a mother now." Or did Aunt call BL and say, "AD needs to be a mother now."
:confused:

No really. I don't understand how this went down. Do we know?

What I have seen in the media is that 2 days after she was dropped off, there was a call to Carey, telling her that she wouldn't see Shaniya again. Then the exchange, which I assume was by phone, between BL and AD, where AD says she wants keep her for a while longer.
I am not sure of the time when the alleged convo about AD wanting to keep her occurred.
And considering that the info about exchanges between AD and BL came from BL, not sure how much is considered reliable.

Linda7NJ
11-24-2009, 12:01 PM
My daughter is a lever III Social Worker with DSS in CPS in North Carolina about 3 hrs away from where this little angel went missing. NC CPS would show up on the door step of AD. They do not have to call ahead and the flu wouldn't stop them from checking on the welfare of the child if they thought she was in danger.

In NJ any allegation must be investigated within 24 hours. If it's urgent...there are emergency workers that can show up in the middle of the night, if need be. And no, they don't call ahead!

tlcya
11-24-2009, 12:03 PM

Good point. I had forgotten about DCFS involved earlier in the year. Although, having dealt with public aid and the welfare system in the past, I can say with absolute certainty that the left hand of federal govt almost NEVER knows what the heck the right hand is doing!

SuziQ
11-24-2009, 12:04 PM

Once again it's someone else's responsibility to take care of his child. Not only do I get the impression that he sees nothing wrong with what he did, he would do it again!

So what's his excuse for not calling her after not hearing from her for three days....a week...three weeks.....five weeks?

songline
11-24-2009, 12:04 PM
:praying: NEW CHARGES PLEASE...
Otherwise BL will be the only focus for the week, and he has been rehashed and rehashed for days now.
So while I see sever negligence the case is not all about him.

I am afraid however that since most of the Clan are street people the LAW of the street, is not to talk at all.
I sure hope someone will get high enough to blah.....blah...blah... and tell someone something to result in a tip that lead LE to some more answers.
There is a reason she is being accused of trafficking, and they must hold that close to their vest.

not_my_kids
11-24-2009, 12:05 PM
http://www.fayettevillemetrohousingauthority.org/index.asp?Page=FAQ#6
WHAT DOCUMENTS MUST I BRING WITH ME TO APPLY FOR PUBLIC HOUSING?
You will be required to bring Social Security cards and birth certificates for all household members; and current picture identification for all members of the household that are 18 years of age and older.

I'm pretty sure AD could have pulled off the scam of saying Shaniya lives with her. Doesn't seem like it would take much.

Patty G
11-24-2009, 12:05 PM
DCFS would have no idea.

They responded because there was an allegation of abuse, neglect etc that's all that is investigated. The case was closed so the allegation IMO was determined "unfounded." There is little to no agency communication between divisions.

People collect for children not residing with them all the time.

I agree, people collect for children even when they don't live with them. However, IF there were two children on the application for assistance, IMO, DCFS would have asked to look at the other child in the household especially if DCFS was investigating abuse on A child.

My point mainly was regarding AD receiving assistance at the time Shaniya was living with her mother October 9 - November 10.

sniperacer
11-24-2009, 12:07 PM

No, who are they?

It's more fun to castigate a parent for what they should have known.

songline
11-24-2009, 12:08 PM
In NJ any allegation must be investigated within 24 hours. If it's urgent...there are emergency workers that can show up in the middle of the night, if need be. And no, they don't call ahead!
Hmmmm :waitasec: then in this case I say that aunt Carie should have called them immediately after she got the call from AD, because daddy was out of town on business.
MOO

Baznme
I am wondering if she just guessed or said maybe it was Coe?

There was no mention of the trailer park video surveillance capturing mom handing her daughter over and I' equally sure the child wasn't standing outside alone & waiting to be picked up by Mario....as he is claiming.

Mario is a child rapist and murder, his word means NOTHING to me.

I feel mom's 911 call sounded legitimate.

It's still my opinion, that Mario, initially charged with kidnapping claimed mom gave him the child. In his mind, erasing the "kidnapping." IMO I also believe LE is hard at work investigating and trying to make mom's charges stick. If she did indeed sell her baby's body to be used for sex, I hope to God they can nail her for it. To date, I just haven't seen, heard or read anything to substantiate the charges against her.

When you call 911 for your missing child, do you explain on the phone, "but I haven't checked the back yet"? Yeah....that would be the first thing I'd tell them too........NOT.

miss lisa

Exactly. CPS has 24 hrs to investigate. They can show up on your door step to see the child or at the childs school without calling ahead. Also, if they think a child is in danger and has been taken over a county line the other county is called in to help and given an address where the child could "possibly" be. CPS will show up on THAT door step as well (my daughter has had couple of those that she has had to assist on in the middle of the night).

tlcya
11-24-2009, 12:10 PM
http://www.fayettevillemetrohousingauthority.org/index.asp?Page=FAQ#6
WHAT DOCUMENTS MUST I BRING WITH ME TO APPLY FOR PUBLIC HOUSING?
You will be required to bring Social Security cards and birth certificates for all household members; and current picture identification for all members of the household that are 18 years of age and older.

I'm pretty sure AD could have pulled off the scam of saying Shaniya lives with her. Doesn't seem like it would take much.

I have KNOWN people throughout the years who absolutely do this regularly. For folks who have been in the system (public assistance system) it is suprisingly easy to commit welfare fraud. Some people are 3rd and 4th generation frauders.

not_my_kids
When you call 911 for your missing child, do you explain on the phone, "but I haven't checked the back yet"? Yeah....that would be the first thing I'd tell them too........NOT.

Don't forget, you tell them you haven't checked out back, but you don't forget to mention 3 separate times that she knows how to unlock the door...even though it was locked when you got up.

kiki the parrot
He did say that as he was in his truck ready to leave Shaniya came out and stood on the sideboard and he told her to do good in school and to call him every night. Wonder how much truth there was in that! The gal from the show didn't ask him if either of them called. How could Shaniya call him...did she have her own cell phone...doubt it. The bio mother probably wasn't going to spend money on phone calls every day....that would have taken away from her drug money.

(snip, bbm) I wonder about that too--at this point he is presumably still operating under the assumption Shaniya will be staying w his sister--therefore could reasonably expect the Aunt to facilitate the calls. It was a whole new ballgame tho once Shaniya went to AD's... how did he (and Aunt) arrange to communicate w Shaniya once there? My daughter is six and would have no clue or capability to make calls independently were she staying where phonecalls weren't encouraged and facilitated by someone. W exception of her school, I am seldom apart from her (unless she's w her 17 yr old bro) and it's only in the past year that I've been trying to teach her how to use the landline in the event of an emergency while I'm here. And she seems woefully ill equipped even for that (dialing three numbers) at her age. IMO it's extremely doubtful Shaniya could've managed calls w/out assistance and I too wonder whether this was even suggested or what communication if any took place between she and AD at the time Shaniya was dropped off. JMO

Patty G
Per court records, the Fayetteville Housing Auth filed their first ejection notice on 4/3/07, continued to file notices of ejections, and were granted final ejection on 12/29/08 and papers were delivered to AD on 1/6/09.

Not sure what this has to do with what I wrote about AD NOT being on public assistance during Oct 9 to Nov 10th for Shaniya. I missed the actual court records so is it stated in those court records that Shaniya was residing in the household during those evictions.?

songline
11-24-2009, 12:12 PM
No, who are they?

It's more fun to castigate a parent for what they should have known.

The male is a felon and Shaniyas accused murderer
The female is known as a prostitute, druggie, creature who gave birth to Shaniya.
both are in jail where they should be. Mommy dearest should get LWOP.
He needs to get the DP.

I am getting really board with castrating BL...I have not changed my mind about him,
he does deserve all the suspicion that is casted on him.

JMO

SuziQ
11-24-2009, 12:14 PM
My own experience with school attendance was when my DD was a top rank swimmer. Pretty much every weekend it involved traveling more than 200 miles away for a meet. My daughter would almost always have to miss school on Fridays. Otherwise we'd be doing late night hotel check ins and getting up at 5am. She brought her work and did it in the car. Her grades never suffered. A few month's went by and I got a nasty letter to appear in court over my daughter's abcenses. I was able to settle the problem over the phone by agreeing not to pull my daughter out of school for swim meets.

My point is IMO, with Shaniya missing so many consecutive days, someone would have gotten a letter from the School Board. And by five weeks they would have been ordered to appear in court. They throw parents in jail for this stuff these days. Sounds to me like someone really did pull her out of that school.

not_my_kids
11-24-2009, 12:14 PM
Is there a link to these court records?