PDA

View Full Version : FL - Somer Renee Thompson, 7, Orange Park, Thread #30

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

paris_paris
12-13-2009, 11:57 PM
WLK's girlfriend DR died on Oct. 12th. She was buried on Oct. 16th. Somer went missing on Oct. 19th. By November 1st, WLK was living in Green Cove Springs. I would think on the 19th he hadn't moved yet.

tarabull
12-13-2009, 11:59 PM
When I hit post 666 :Banane45: a couple of weeks ago, I had people messaging me saying "quick post again". lol

I remember...

and YOU DID - you were quick!

(i'll keep a close eye :eye: & try to remember to do the same.....when / if i get there...) lol

:truce:

Noway
12-14-2009, 12:00 AM
WLK's girlfriend DR died on Oct. 12th. She was buried on Oct. 16th. Somer went missing on Oct. 19th. By November 1st, WLK was living in Green Cove Springs. I would think on the 19th he hadn't moved yet.

I had always thought he was asked to leave PDQ after October 12. I'll try to find why I hallucinated that.

Noway
12-14-2009, 12:13 AM

He must not have been at the Gano street address if on October 19, when LE went to find him, he was "absconded" ... maybe that's where my hallucination came from. Because he would have been within the 3 mile radius first checked ... which was Monday IIRC. I suppose there would be witnesses as to when he left that address. Maybe something in court records.

Not fact. Just theory.

sorrell skye
12-14-2009, 12:20 AM
If LE was following the garbage trucks on the "front end" (as they stated) in order to observe what was loaded and ultimately unloaded on & off of those trucks @ both Rosemary Hill & Chesser Island, it makes no sense they would allow all that garbage to be mixed, thus contaminating and/or confounding possible evidence, & making it more difficult to trace the location of the specific dumpster the body was initially placed in.

Unless they're total idiot Keystone Cops - which I don't believe they are.

I believe they know, within a certain margin of error, which dumpster she was in.

doggies
12-14-2009, 12:23 AM
I found a link of possible interest - the Clay County Sheriff's Office has a link called "Speak Out". You can report someone for drugs, etc... there is also a link to write them about anything else (including how they're doing)... who wants to send an email asking about all of the inconsistencies in the case?
http://www.claysheriff.com/ContactForm.asp?email=6
Well, I already used that when I was showing my disgust at that laughing hyena who portrayed herself as a caring member of LE during the press conference.
Just FYI, I did not receive an answer. Hey-is she still doing the PR work for them? I mean not FOR them...it's more like against them.

sorrell skye
12-14-2009, 12:26 AM
WOULD the one dumpster at OPAA be considered #2?

(cam iirc you photo'd the ONE dumpster you found at OPAA no?)

Is it possible to determine the pick-up day for that particular dumpster?

Who would have access to that information?

houndstooth
12-14-2009, 12:29 AM
Do people in Florida always follow the rules of garbage disposal?

Because I'm thinking that if you are disposing of a body ... you pretty much don't care whether you're breaking a law by throwing construction waste in there too.

I was waiting for YOU to say that. The point is that if when she was found, in a dumpster, not at the dump, there were construction debris covering over her for some reason, it would stand out. It would easy to track, because it would MOSTLY have the usual refuse in it. I don't know what was partially covering her when they looked in that dumpster, but someone had tried to camoflage it in some way, I would think.

tarabull
12-14-2009, 12:32 AM
He must not have been at the Gano street address if on October 19, when LE went to find him, he was "absconded" ... maybe that's where my hallucination came from. Because he would have been within the 3 mile radius first checked ... which was Monday IIRC. I suppose there would be witnesses as to when he left that address. Maybe something in court records.

Not fact. Just theory.

K, WL (W M, 47) Arrest on chrg of Failure Of Sexual Predator To Report Temp Address (F), at 3627 Harbor Rd, Green Cove Springs, FL, on 11/1/2009.

Fair enough but this is fact: he was arrested Nov 1st AT 3627 Harbor Rd.

So how did they know to find him there? and how can we know how long he'd been there and not at 286 Gano? Thinking outloud here: if you killed someone in THAT house (286) you might not want to stay there anymore.

tarabull
12-14-2009, 12:36 AM

Who would have access to that information?

Who would we ask - city of Orange Park?

(we could call there in the morning, maybe someone nice will be happy to answer lol)

I wouldn't be surprised if someone already sleuthed the answer.

human
12-14-2009, 12:37 AM
Did you see the photos that Ccane posted of the Chesser Is landfill?
Do you see that big semi? That is what they normally do. On an ordinary day they collect garbage dropped off from various trucks that went out on a route and then transfer that pile onto tractor trailers. There is no way in that system to keep loads together.

But, I look at the photos. Nine were assigned the herculean task of going through this. They have a yellow tape out and everything. See those six officers? Do you think they just had the bad luck of catching them just standing around in a circle at that particular moment but if you'd flown over 10 minutes earlier or later that you would have seen them wading around through that trash heap. You know, I very much doubt that, just judging by how they are dressed. No waders, no coveralls. I think it was being quarentined off, but not the kind of search necessary to find much of anything THERE.

OK. I'll admit it. It's late and really I have to go to bed because I have work in the AM. What are you saying here?

And you originally posted about the jr high dumpster for a spot to put her into. Now that some posters clarified that stuff could have been put on top of her, yeah, that seems like a really good spot, doesn't it?

doggies
12-14-2009, 12:38 AM
O/T
I have had computer problems all day, even after the virus clean-up last week. Now all of my information is out of skew.
I have to click on avatars to get them to show up, the formatting is waay out of whack, and nothing looks the same except for the posts. But...after I posted just now, everything on that page went back to normal. When I went back a page, it's all messed up again.
I thought maybe something on here had been changed, so I waited until I caught up, but since no one else said anything, I know it's just me.
Any suggestions from you gurus?

tarabull
12-14-2009, 12:41 AM
O/T
I have had computer problems all day, even after the virus clean-up last week. Now all of my information is out of skew.
I have to click on avatars to get them to show up, the formatting is waay out of whack, and nothing looks the same except for the posts. But...after I posted just now, everything on that page went back to normal. When I went back a page, it's all messed up again.
I thought maybe something on here had been changed, so I waited until I caught up, but since no one else said anything, I know it's just me.
Any suggestions from you gurus?

Paris is gonna say "buy a mac" lol

ccane
12-14-2009, 12:44 AM
I having been reading along a bit tonight and the posts regarding DT and her being afraid
of PC. I dont think this women is afraid of anything
She mimics the words and ideas of others and looks for sympathy from people she believes will be taken in by her stories
If they had said they thought Somer got hit by a bus she would have went with that theme
Remember when Casey A Mom said "who took her" when Lee was asking Casey what happen and the mom was listening in. As soon as she said that Casey got her idea
This is how they operate.. just make it up as they go along
I bet she told every boy friend she every had the last one treated her badly

She is a manipulator

sorrell skye
12-14-2009, 12:46 AM
There have been several ruses thrown out in this case - CWG, WLK, glass & construction debris, soot, stated timelines, meeting @ home for lunch, leaving work @ 4ish, etc., and each and every one of them are as convenient as a nearby dumpster.

Anyone can say anything - and until they're disproved, then what has been said stands as fact, doesn't it?

Innocent until proven guilty...

doggies
12-14-2009, 12:54 AM
Paris is gonna say "buy a mac" lol
...and right now, she'd be right! LOL Thanks, Tara.

tarabull
12-14-2009, 12:54 AM
Did anyone ever notice a neighbour of DT's with the same last name as her first husband?

ETA: They live about 8 doors up from DT. (initals: BL)

houndstooth
12-14-2009, 12:56 AM
OK. I'll admit it. It's late and really I have to go to bed because I have work in the AM. What are you saying here?

And you originally posted about the jr high dumpster for a spot to put her into. Now that some posters clarified that stuff could have been put on top of her, yeah, that seems like a really good spot, doesn't it?

In reference to CCanes landfill photos, I was adding it to what I consider to be insurmountable evidence that S was not found at Chesser Is. The flyover shot is Wed. They found her around 3pm or so. Does that look from the photos that could be remotely possible?

Add to that, all of the statements by LE of looking on the front end not the back (which would be that several thousand tons of refuse pictured), their islolating and searching as they went, that she was found in the dumpster. I read accounts as early as Wed night saying things about the broken glass and construction debris rumors. If there is anything to them or any others, I suspect they apply to the scene of how she was discovered in a particular dumpster. That would account for finding fresh evidence along with her. A feat virtually impossible in the scenes from Chesser Is.

As for OPJH, I google mapped a path down Gano headed away from the path I normally do on there. When I got to the school, I went down that long drive and got the shudders when I saw the dumpsters there. I did a 360* look around to see what is surrounding the area. Nothing, that I could see. I started that search based on statements made by the neighbor on Horton.
It may not be THE dumpster there, but along with the OPAA one, some pretty possible locations. Right? Either would throw the suspicions to a lot of different scenarios of OTHER perps.

tarabull
12-14-2009, 12:56 AM
...and right now, she'd be right! LOL Thanks, Tara.

Well I should have mentioned she's ALWAYS making me wish I had one....neither of my computers (NOT macs LOL) haven't been running smooth lately either. Tho your problems seem bigger than mine....remember that old saying "a problem shared is a problem halved" :) know I DO feel your pain.

doggies
12-14-2009, 01:01 AM
OK, Hubby said to close my Firefox, reopen this forum. Now it's all OK again. I dunno.
Instead of the icons (like quote, multiquote, Thanks, and avatars, I had words telling me what they did.
All I had to do was move my mouse over it-not click anything, just move my mouse over it, and it all went back to normal.
Weird. Gee. I guess next time I'll know. Thanks. Sorry I bothered you all.

tarabull
12-14-2009, 01:06 AM
Somer Thompson: FBI hunts for clues in Georgia landfill (http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2009-10-29/story/somer_thompson_fbi_hunts_for_clues_in_georgia_land fill)

[snipped...] When FBI agent Larry Meyer heard that police found Somer Thompson’s body in a Georgia landfill last week, he mobilized a group of co-workers whose gruesome, painstaking work may reveal her killer.

Some were gun-toting agents who regularly hunt criminals on the streets of North Florida. Others included FBI support staff whose full-time jobs entail photography and data analysis.

They are all part of the Jacksonville-based FBI Evidence Response Team, a highly trained group of forensics-fascinated folk who could run circles around any CSI television star, though it’ll take more than an hour.

The team put their game faces on when they got to the Folkston landfill, focusing on finding even the smallest clue that could solve the case. It was only days later that some felt the emotional drain of recovering the body of the 7-year-old Orange Park girl.

Alex Silverstein felt it on his first day off.

“I probably hugged and kissed my kids more in that one day than I have probably in a month,” said Silverstein, 39, a 13-year agent and father of two.

Angela Hill felt it when she set eyes on her infant son. While Silverstein is a veteran of body recoveries, having worked as part of a team at the Pentagon after 9/11, this was Hill’s first.

“It’s not an easy thing to do, knowing it’s an innocent child,” said Hill, 30, an agent for 3 1/2 years. “But it’s for a greater purpose: To find evidence; to get some answers.”

The 16-person team seeks those answers through everything from taking crime scene photographs to lifting fingerprints. Their arsenal includes special lighting that spots invisible bodily fluids; a kit that lifts dust prints from a surface using an electromagnetic charge; and a machine that can vacuum human scent that is then tracked by bloodhounds.

They have a stocked equipment van and a high-tech command center vehicle. They also have a pipeline into the FBI’s state-of-the-art laboratory in Quantico, Va., where some of the evidence collected in Somer’s case is being analyzed.

But it’s the people on the team and their drive to help solve cases that make the biggest difference, said Meyer, the senior team leader and a 23-year agent.

“There’s a motivation to do more than the regular job,” said Meyer, 50.

(more at link)

tarabull
12-14-2009, 01:09 AM
OK, Hubby said to close my Firefox, reopen this forum. Now it's all OK again. I dunno.
Instead of the icons (like quote, multiquote, Thanks, and avatars, I had words telling me what they did.
All I had to do was move my mouse over it-not click anything, just move my mouse over it, and it all went back to normal.
Weird. Gee. I guess next time I'll know. Thanks. Sorry I bothered you all.

You're no bother doggies.

Besides, I was about as helpful as a pssssst to a deaf man.....lol.....
ba dumbum.

(already using my new material HAHAHA - a shout out & BIG thanks amytlake )

ccane
12-14-2009, 01:15 AM
Did you see the video of her folks..
http://www.wftv.com/video/21393008/index.html

I feel bad for them..

tarabull
12-14-2009, 01:20 AM
There's an interesting comment - partly directed to the fbi & sherrif, under the story at the link i just added a few up posts above:

What was the cause of death?
Submitted by Gadfly on Fri. 10/30/2009 at 2:15 pm

FBI,

If it was a rape/murder, why not say so? Don't the people have a right to know if there is a monster on the loose!?

Since the Sheriff won't clear the family members/friends of this crime then Gadfly (reading between the lines) can only conclude it was not done by a stranger.

Sheriff and FBI thanks for ruining the little kids Holloween. What is the next goal, to milk the case until you can get a reality show out of this?

If the Sheriff and FBI are still clueless on the cause of death the people need to demand they get replaced immediatley with real experts.

Gadfly knows a lot of people are thinking the same thing but are afraid to speak out for fear of the FBI and the Sheriff abusing their power to punish those who criticize them.

Their image is more important than finding the real killer.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

sorrell skye
12-14-2009, 01:55 AM
There's an interesting comment - partly directed to the fbi & sherrif, under the story at the link i just added a few up posts above:

What was the cause of death?
Submitted by Gadfly on Fri. 10/30/2009 at 2:15 pm

FBI,

If it was a rape/murder, why not say so? Don't the people have a right to know if there is a monster on the loose!?

Since the Sheriff won't clear the family members/friends of this crime then Gadfly (reading between the lines) can only conclude it was not done by a stranger.

Sheriff and FBI thanks for ruining the little kids Holloween. What is the next goal, to milk the case until you can get a reality show out of this?

If the Sheriff and FBI are still clueless on the cause of death the people need to demand they get replaced immediatley with real experts.

Gadfly knows a lot of people are thinking the same thing but are afraid to speak out for fear of the FBI and the Sheriff abusing their power to punish those who criticize them.

Their image is more important than finding the real killer.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Gadfly - just on the off-chance that you're reading this here - yes, the people do have the right to know if there is a "monster" on the loose. Which is why Sheriff Beseler gave the presser saying as much, (when he referred to a "child killer").

Do the people have the right to know if it was a "rape/murder" - no. That information falls within the purview of LE - and should they feel it necessary to withhold that information in order to protect the integrity of this investigation, then I will defer to their training so that the killer can be brought to justice.

Halloween is the least of anyone's concerns.

In terms of LE clearing family members/friends, well, your guess is as good as mine... Was the victim murdered by a family member/friend? By a stranger? IDK.

Is the CCSO pursuing this case with a political agenda - again, IDK. It's possible. But with the FBI breathing down their necks - not likely. This is a high-profile murder - every agency involved wants to perform & deliver. They know they are in the spotlight. Not to mention there are many dedicated, caring, well-trained officers working this case.

Is liberalism a "mental disorder" as you stated? I truly doubt it - unless keeping an open mind and wanting to look at all possible avenues is considered a "mental disorder".

human
12-14-2009, 01:59 AM
In reference to CCanes landfill photos, I was adding it to what I consider to be insurmountable evidence that S was not found at Chesser Is. The flyover shot is Wed. They found her around 3pm or so. Does that look from the photos that could be remotely possible?

Add to that, all of the statements by LE of looking on the front end not the back (which would be that several thousand tons of refuse pictured), their islolating and searching as they went, that she was found in the dumpster. I read accounts as early as Wed night saying things about the broken glass and construction debris rumors. If there is anything to them or any others, I suspect they apply to the scene of how she was discovered in a particular dumpster. That would account for finding fresh evidence along with her. A feat virtually impossible in the scenes from Chesser Is.

As for OPJH, I google mapped a path down Gano headed away from the path I normally do on there. When I got to the school, I went down that long drive and got the shudders when I saw the dumpsters there. I did a 360* look around to see what is surrounding the area. Nothing, that I could see. I started that search based on statements made by the neighbor on Horton.
It may not be THE dumpster there, but along with the OPAA one, some pretty possible locations. Right? Either would throw the suspicions to a lot of different scenarios of OTHER perps.

Stayed up and talked to hubby. Very interesting post.

I don't think OPAA dumpster as it was a command post. Pretty tough to do it there.

Jr high would have to be late at night as I am sure custodians work late as they do at schools where I am. Don't know how late, but later than 5 PM when LE was on the scene at the home. So that means a different perp for sure.

The dump is a real mystery. Why in the heck are they following the dump trucks? They had so many people on board, you'd think they would have enough to check each one as each can is dumped or as each dumpster is dumped. There's only 9,000 people in OP if IIRC, so fewer households than that.

Having the garbage mixed in the semi makes no sense.

So what do you think LE is doing at the dump?

tarabull
12-14-2009, 02:02 AM
You Are My Sunshine (http://staugustine.com/interact/blog-post/steve-carswell/2009-12-13/you-are-my-sunshine)

Bet you can't get thru it without balling....
:(

txsvicki
12-14-2009, 02:15 AM

I don't think OPAA dumpster as it was a command post. Pretty tough to do it there.

Jr high would have to be late at night as I am sure custodians work late as they do at schools where I am. Don't know how late, but later than 5 PM when LE was on the scene at the home. So that means a different perp for sure.

The dump is a real mystery. Why in the heck are they following the dump trucks? They had so many people on board, you'd think they would have enough to check each one as each can is dumped or as each dumpster is dumped. There's only 9,000 people in OP if IIRC, so fewer households than that.

If each dump truck is being followed by LE, wouldn't they know which order each is unloaded onto the semi and in which order it all comes out? Surely all that organization makes it easier than just searching for a needle in a haystack. Maybe they just didn't want to search each individual dumpster and wanted it all put into one place thinking that the forensics on the body would tell enough.

houndstooth
12-14-2009, 02:16 AM

Keeping the media and the public preoccupied and distracted away from where the real investigation was ongoing. When reading Tara's post above from FBI/LE, if I substitute 'dumpster' for 'landfill' or maybe that OTHER landfill, it makes a whole lot more sense. There is no isolating of trash from those trucks as you can see in the photos. And remember this would be WEDNESDAY'S trash pick up routes being dumped in the photos. Not Tuesdays. I am interested in hearing you and your husbands brainstorming on this.

tarabull
12-14-2009, 02:20 AM

Doesn't that depend WHAT TIME command post was set up? Surely it wasn't set-up from the very minute she went missing.

ccane
12-14-2009, 02:27 AM
Keeping the media and the public preoccupied and distracted away from where the real investigation was ongoing. When reading Tara's post above from FBI/LE, if I substitute 'dumpster' for 'landfill' or maybe that OTHER landfill, it makes a whole lot more sense. There is no isolating of trash from those trucks as you can see in the photos. And remember this would be WEDNESDAY'S trash pick up routes being dumped in the photos. Not Tuesdays. I am interested in hearing you and your husbands brainstorming on this.

Searching people trash and looking in dumpsters on tuesday morning along with saying they think there was foul play speaks loud and clear to me

If they though someone may have kidnapped her why where they step up at OPAA and the JR high school. Wh not set up on a bigger street? One of those two place must be the crime scene if not both of them

tarabull
12-14-2009, 02:30 AM
We are obviously not on the same page with the whole dumpster thing here. There is a lot of confusion.
1) If it was a construction dumpster, those are rented and called for a removal/replacement and hauled away by a truck.
2) If it was a commercial dumpster then it is emptied on a route into a garbage truck on Tuesdays
3) If it was a residential container ( unlikely ) then it was scheduled for pick up on Wednesdays.

People keep mentioning what was found around her body. If she was as many think, just emptied into a truck on a route along with the contents of many other dumpsters. Then in turn transferred into another larger truck along with the contents of many other garbage trucks, what does it matter WHAT was found around her at the dump?

Only if that dumpster was pinpointed before it was emptied does it matter what contents were surrounding her! Otherwise, if even true she was found with broken glass or construction materials, there would be liklihood it could have come from anywhere.

Again, most construction sites use a dumpster like the one at Gano. Most regular dumpsters don't allow yard debris or construction materials emptied into them.

SO if what you are saying is correct and if I understand you correctly, Somer came from a residential container....

??
:waitasec:

houndstooth
12-14-2009, 02:35 AM
If each dump truck is being followed by LE, wouldn't they know which order each is unloaded onto the semi and in which order it all comes out? Surely all that organization makes it easier than just searching for a needle in a haystack. Maybe they just didn't want to search each individual dumpster and wanted it all put into one place thinking that the forensics on the body would tell enough.

When a garbage truck is emptied, it lifts and dumps out just like a regular dump truck. So stuff inside gets jumbled as it pours out the back, usually as the driver pulls forward slowly. So whatever order it was collected in, would be lost as it emptied. No matter what notes were made. Then IF they were following normal collection procedures another truck would dump. Then a guy on a ( probably fork lift with blade) would shove it into the semi, packing it in, until full enough for a load.

These detectives assigned were investigators. Don't you think they looked in each dumpster as they got to it. She would have been near the top of stuff. It wouldn't have been that hard to do it the easy way. JMO

sorrell skye
12-14-2009, 02:38 AM
LE's main intention was to preserve the crime scene & to preserve evidence.

If they were unaware (at that time) of the crime scene, but had a possible lead in terms of evidence (including the body of the deceased), they would take whatever measures necessary to protect the integrity of that evidence.

Allowing the dumpster garbage to be mixed with other dumpster garbage would have compromised evidence, which was why they assigned an officer to follow each truck before it was dumped with the other garbage. The Rosemary Hill Landfill was a ruse.

I believe her body was recovered @ the Chesser Island Landfill, as was reported by media & also by LE. I have seen what I believe to be a photo of her body there in images of the landfill, covered by a yellow "blanket" such as paramedics use to cover the bodies of the deceased.

But I also believe LE intervened ahead of time to prevent garbage from being mixed with other garbage, so that they could control where & when that garbage was released into the landfill, and so that they could be there waiting when the truck containing her released its load.

Chain of Custody.

ETA: I didn't want to post what I posted about the photo @ Chesser Island Landfill, out of respect for the victim & the victim's family. But since it is in the media, I suppose it is public domain. I'm truly sorry to anyone who might be offended.

houndstooth
12-14-2009, 02:40 AM
SO if what you are saying is correct and if I understand you correctly, Somer came from a residential container....

??
:waitasec:

No. I am saying that the media wasn't aware they were following the trucks on Tuesday and I believe searching then. The media was told and came out Wed. for the photo op, so the semi you see in the photo would be of Wed. trash from who knows where being dumped. There was no camera on the scene for the search, wherever it was done on TUESDAY, dumpster day.

Since they pic shows they aren't separating that truckload out and are dumping it right into the mix of the rest. LE is just standing around. And this is WED. the day we are told she was found there!

ETA: She was, by all evidence shown, not found at Chesser Island on Wednesday. Good police tactic though, dont' you think? I hope a perp is reading this and knows that LE is smart. And they will be caught.

ccane
12-14-2009, 02:46 AM
If I am correct and again thats an If
We are over thinking this whole crime
This was an act of anger the body was dumped ASAP
DT did not expect LE to be at the corner of Floyd and gano
When caylee was dumped look how close she was to her own home
while everyone was making maps / cell phone pings and chasing zanny

tarabull
12-14-2009, 02:51 AM
Search for Somer Thompson: Experts say landfill forensics search isn't easy (http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2009-10-22/story/search_for_somer_thompson_experts_say_landfill_for ensics_search_isnt_eas)
It's hard to preserve and gather clues even under the best conditions

[snipped...]For homicide investigators, it's one of the most difficult searches to make: sifting through mounds of garbage in hopes of finding leads.

On Wednesday afternoon, a slow and careful search of the Chesser Island Road Landfill in Georgia ended with a grisly discovery - the body of a young girl, presumed to be a 7-year-old Orange Park girl missing since Monday.

Georgia investigators began searching the landfill Tuesday for clues in the disappearance of Somer Thompson. The landfill is where garbage trucks from Orange Park take their trash.

Experts say searching a landfill for criminal evidence can be difficult because there's so much risk of contamination.

Ross Gardner, a national forensics expert based in Oklahoma, said it's usually easy to know where to start looking, because most landfills are strictly organized into cells by location and date.

If it's not well-organized, then "it's kind of poke and hope," said Gardner, a former Army crime-scene investigator and chief of police in Lake City, Ga.

But even at an organized site, landfill searches are a huge challenge. Almost as soon as debris is spread atop the dump, it's compacted by steel-wheeled rollers. By the end of the first day, it will usually be covered with soil to control odors.

"Even in a fresh situation like they were dealing with [in the Somer case], unless you're so lucky that the body just pops out on top, you're going to have to do some excavation," said Paul Laska, a forensic consultant in Palm City. As a crime-scene investigator, he spent a month in 1993 excavating a Martin County landfill looking for a little girl's body.

That can mean bringing in cadaver dogs trained to sniff for human remains to help narrow the search.

Once crews find debris from the right day and hauler, the search can become more like an archaeological excavation, he said, with material sifted delicately, despite the damage already done by daily landfill operations.

It can be difficult to recognize meaningful evidence in a small mountain of twisted refuse and decay.

"You've got broken glass, broken metal, a lot of just nasty stuff in there," Laska said. "You're going to find bones, because that's a garbage dump."

If a body is discovered, it can be difficult to preserve DNA evidence - even if investigators move slowly and carefully. Most of the evidence can be contaminated before search crews even arrive.

Though evidence of sexual abuse inside the body may be preserved, Gardner said anything on the exterior of the body might not hold up as evidence because so much trash gets mixed together. Debris surrounding the body could be connected to the case, such as a glove or a piece of clothing, but that can be very hard to prove.

(more at link)

ccane
12-14-2009, 02:57 AM
Search for Somer Thompson: Experts say landfill forensics search isn't easy (http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2009-10-22/story/search_for_somer_thompson_experts_say_landfill_for ensics_search_isnt_eas)

[snipped...]For homicide investigators, it's one of the most difficult searches to make: sifting through mounds of garbage in hopes of finding leads.

On Wednesday afternoon, a slow and careful search of the Chesser Island Road Landfill in Georgia ended with a grisly discovery - the body of a young girl, presumed to be a 7-year-old Orange Park girl missing since Monday.

Georgia investigators began searching the landfill Tuesday for clues in the disappearance of Somer Thompson. The landfill is where garbage trucks from Orange Park take their trash.

Experts say searching a landfill for criminal evidence can be difficult because there's so much risk of contamination.

Ross Gardner, a national forensics expert based in Oklahoma, said it's usually easy to know where to start looking, because most landfills are strictly organized into cells by location and date.

If it's not well-organized, then "it's kind of poke and hope," said Gardner, a former Army crime-scene investigator and chief of police in Lake City, Ga.

But even at an organized site, landfill searches are a huge challenge. Almost as soon as debris is spread atop the dump, it's compacted by steel-wheeled rollers. By the end of the first day, it will usually be covered with soil to control odors.

"Even in a fresh situation like they were dealing with [in the Somer case], unless you're so lucky that the body just pops out on top, you're going to have to do some excavation," said Paul Laska, a forensic consultant in Palm City. As a crime-scene investigator, he spent a month in 1993 excavating a Martin County landfill looking for a little girl's body.

That can mean bringing in cadaver dogs trained to sniff for human remains to help narrow the search.

Once crews find debris from the right day and hauler, the search can become more like an archaeological excavation, he said, with material sifted delicately, despite the damage already done by daily landfill operations.

It can be difficult to recognize meaningful evidence in a small mountain of twisted refuse and decay.

"You've got broken glass, broken metal, a lot of just nasty stuff in there," Laska said. "You're going to find bones, because that's a garbage dump."

If a body is discovered, it can be difficult to preserve DNA evidence - even if investigators move slowly and carefully. Most of the evidence can be contaminated before search crews even arrive.

Though evidence of sexual abuse inside the body may be preserved, Gardner said anything on the exterior of the body might not hold up as evidence because so much trash gets mixed together. Debris surrounding the body could be connected to the case, such as a glove or a piece of clothing, but that can be very hard to prove.

(more at link)

Where is the news choppers over head showing that happening
They said it took six hours to remove the body
What no news people rushing to get a shot of the action?

sorrell skye
12-14-2009, 02:59 AM
The ME from Savannah, GA performed the autopsy, as reported by media. If her body had been recovered in Florida, a Florida ME would have performed the autopsy.

There was much debate in the media after her remains were found as to who had jurisdiction to investigate the case. If her remains were recovered in Florida, there would have been no debate about jurisdiction.

4mer.naybor
12-14-2009, 03:07 AM
What I meant was that to her co-workers, when she left she gave no indication that something terrible had happened. She probably gave them some excuse (I'm just saying here what I would have done, because she doesn't want them to know the abuse taking place), and it was 4 o'clock and she would be off soon anyway. I didn't mean that she just jumped up.

I can now almost feel the surreal panic setting in, not wanting to let on too much what was going on, and running to the car.

As far as I know, no one knows for sure when SP arrived at the house, but if she had to drive all the way home from the office (20-minute drive), it wasn't for "lunch" - she was trying to protect her children.

Of course, we don't know how many times she had had to leave early - we don't know her work history - and we don't know how volatile things were in that household. I just recognized the feelings and actions I would have done then, after what 4mer told us DT had told a mutual friend about 3 months earlier.

Clarification and my apologies: This talk was in summer 2008 not 2009.

Chili Fries
12-14-2009, 03:08 AM
Some of you may have seen this but it's new to me. It's a traveling Facebook message that released a virtual balloon for Somer. There are 3,404 comments, a lot of them from locals and some seem pretty interesting:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?v=feed&story_fbid=5003341077142&id=1116756257#/carolyn.sue1?v=feed&story_fbid=5003341077142

The nice lady who has this Facebook account has nothing special to do with Somer's case, she's just a commenter who has a public wall.

4mer.naybor
12-14-2009, 03:13 AM
They exist, trust me.

susan smith got rid of her kids for the loser that she was dating...he didn't want them, she could have easily gave them to the dad and walked away...but she made up a story, and drowned those poor little boys.

houndstooth
12-14-2009, 03:13 AM

(more at link)

OK. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. You did see the pictures from the landfill CCane posted, right? Do you see any organization there. Any searching by those officers? The sheriff said 9 people were assigned to this dumpsite. The other article you posted refers to a special evidence recovery assigned AFTER she was found. That was like about 23, 16 respectively I think. " Debris surrounding the body"...? Looking at the pictures, that just boggles my mind. Maybe I am misreading this and only hope she was found in the dumpster. The evidence collected would not be so easily discounted as random trash. It would mean her body was better preserved.
It just would seem to defeat the purpose of posting detectives on the scene of each truck, if all you were going to do is search through that huge pile looking for a small child and ANY connected evidence in a mountain of garbage like that still !!

tarabull
12-14-2009, 03:14 AM
Landfill Where Somer's Body Found Now a Major Crime Scene (http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/mostpopular/news-article.aspx?storyid=147047&provider=top)

FOLKSTON, GA -- Helicopters, canine units and crime scene tape covered the Chesser Island Landfill this afternoon as officials combed through trash searching for any evidence that could help them figure out what happened to the 7-year-old girl they found there Wednesday.

Clay County Sheriff Rick Beseler confirmed Thursday morning that the body found there was that of first-grader Somer Thompson, who vanished Monday afternoon.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigations took aerial photos of the landfill from a helicopter. Other investigators were walking the grounds, which is where all trash from Somer's neighborhood is taken.

Canine units and other vans circled the area, which was surrounded by crime scene tape.

ETA additional info from report: Investigators removed the body early Thursday around 2 a.m. The sheriff's office said the GBI and FBI are in charge of sifting through the surrounding garbage at the Chesser Island Landfill in Folkston to see if they can find any other clues.

(more at link)

tarabull
12-14-2009, 03:30 AM
OK. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. You did see the pictures from the landfill CCane posted, right? Do you see any organization there. Any searching by those officers? The sheriff said 9 people were assigned to this dumpsite. The other article you posted refers to a special evidence recovery assigned AFTER she was found. That was like about 23, 16 respectively I think. " Debris surrounding the body"...? Looking at the pictures, that just boggles my mind. Maybe I am misreading this and only hope she was found in the dumpster. The evidence collected would not be so easily discounted as random trash. It would mean her body was better preserved.
It just would seem to defeat the purpose of posting detectives on the scene of each truck, if all you were going to do is search through that huge pile looking for a small child and ANY connected evidence in a mountain of garbage like that still !!

I haven't said boo about your theory, I'm simply posting links hoping they provide something to go on.

And does a bear **** in the woods????? YES >>> i've reviewed the link to landfill pics posted by ccane....

Did you notice the caption noted in the very first ariel shot - pic #7 of 18??? It reads Skywitness 9 News flew over the landfill on THURSDAY!

Sorry to interrupt. Continue.

txsvicki
12-14-2009, 03:30 AM
Clarification and my apologies: This talk was in summer 2008 not 2009.

I must have missed the info. Was there an abusive boyfriend or volatile relationship back in 2008?

4mer.naybor
12-14-2009, 03:40 AM
she has company....and iirc she said tomorrow is a BIG day (or something to that affect....i'd have to read back)

you guys...tomorrow is a hearing 9:00am ....its in the court docs online.....i am wondering if this is for custody

tarabull
12-14-2009, 03:43 AM
correctamundo!

and i'm chompin at the bit to read the court docs update tomorrow!

4mer.naybor
12-14-2009, 03:51 AM
I having been reading along a bit tonight and the posts regarding DT and her being afraid
She mimics the words and ideas of others and looks for sympathy from people she believes will be taken in by her stories
If they had said they thought Somer got hit by a bus she would have went with that theme
Remember when Casey A Mom said "who took her" when Lee was asking Casey what happen and the mom was listening in. As soon as she said that Casey got her idea

She is a manipulator

omg this is exactly what i gathered in the time i knew her.....
I mentioned that she and my husband got along well they were buds, and its kind of odd, but he was the type of guy to never admit to any wrongdoing.....or accepting blame/responsibility for things gone wrong. common personality traits?

tarabull
12-14-2009, 03:52 AM
I must have missed the info. Was there an abusive boyfriend or volatile relationship back in 2008?

4mer...do you know how long she's been "with" CPC - didn't someone say approx 3 years???

houndstooth
12-14-2009, 03:55 AM
I haven't said boo about your theory, I'm simply posting links hoping they provide something to go on.

And does a bear **** in the woods????? YES >>> i've reviewed the link to landfill pics posted by ccane....

Did you notice the caption noted in the very first ariel shot - pic #7 of 18??? It reads Skywitness 9 News flew over the landfill on THURSDAY!

Sorry to interrupt. Continue.

No, I didn't. I was on close caption mode. Thanks for the update.
I still hope she was found as early and in as best shape as possible.
No matter what.

4mer.naybor
12-14-2009, 04:00 AM

thats when DT shared this news with our common friend, I just don't know if she was dating CP at that time, or some guy that we dont know of.....

then theres the fact that on video she said "it could be my...." . never finishing that sentence

4mer.naybor
12-14-2009, 04:03 AM
4mer...do you know how long she's been "with" CPC - didn't someone say approx 3 years???

I honestly dont know

but you know who might.....iwannano......where the heck did that poster disappear to?

4mer.naybor
12-14-2009, 04:05 AM
ok im back to hunting and fishing again for a while, so forgive me in advance for any delays in responding to posts. :)

tarabull
12-14-2009, 04:09 AM
No, I didn't. I was on close caption mode. Thanks for the update.
I still hope she was found as early and in as best shape as possible.
No matter what.

YOU are not alone there houndstooth.

YOUR frustration isn't felt alone either.

WE need answers but I gotta believe no one wants them more than LE.

ALL eyes are on them.....well plus a couple of other people.

4mer.naybor
12-14-2009, 04:19 AM
on 2nd thought....im off to bed...g'night all

Chickadee
12-14-2009, 05:46 AM
Some of you may have seen this but it's new to me. It's a traveling Facebook message that released a virtual balloon for Somer. There are 3,404 comments, a lot of them from locals and some seem pretty interesting:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?v=feed&story_fbid=5003341077142&id=1116756257#/carolyn.sue1?v=feed&story_fbid=5003341077142

The nice lady who has this Facebook account has nothing special to do with Somer's case, she's just a commenter who has a public wall.

Chili, I've tried 5 times to get your link to load and keep getting this: The page you requested was not found.

Maybe my computer is acting up again, IDK!?!?!?! :headache:

Chickadee
12-14-2009, 06:13 AM
Just saw this comment from DT's oldest sister on the Remembering Somer (http://www.rememberingsomer.com/) website.

Comment by Dawn B. 14 hours ago

Thank you Diena and her kids are doing well and going to therapy I read on hear everyday and tell her all the wonderful things people are sayin the supoort our time will come and this person should start to pray..Were comin to get you whoever it is....

Thank you
Dawn B.

Trino
12-14-2009, 06:30 AM
Just saw this comment from DT's oldest sister on the Remembering Somer (http://www.rememberingsomer.com/) website.

Comment by Dawn B. 14 hours ago

Thank you Diena and her kids are doing well and going to therapy I read on hear everyday and tell her all the wonderful things people are sayin the supoort our time will come and this person should start to pray..Were comin to get you whoever it is....

Thank you
Dawn B.

Hopefully soon.

Chickadee
12-14-2009, 07:01 AM
Since we have been discussing SP and CPC I re-visited the latter's MySpace page. A few things:

Under Interests:
"ridin' dirty on the motorcycle"! (punctuation his)
Truckin' in my Peterbilt!" (this is the kind of truck he drives for work?)

Also, under children:
"proud parent" Does this refer to DT's kids or does he have kids of his own - not that having his own kids would have anything to do with Somer unless he had mistreated them, etc. would give pause...

Under his friends, he has posted the Amber Alert pic of Somer, and he calls her "Oby", which I guess was his nickname for her.

On the MySpace, it lists June, 2007 so he may have indeed been "single" (i.e., not in relationship with DT at that time).

I would like to respond to Chee: As far as I know, nobody in Somer's immediate network of family or friends has been ruled out. I personally am trying to approach this from a detached manner, but using common sense with discretion and without being judgmental toward DT, I must hold to my opinion that Somer being young and having those well-known behaviors put her at risk for trouble waiting to happen.

On Noway's excellent summary, she highlights some of the former babysitter's remarks where she states that Somer's frequent "trips" (disappearances) would last from 20 minutes to an hour. DT left a list "in case" she was gone ... longer. How long is too long for a just-turned seven year old?

Timeline: CPC SAID that DT called and asked him to get off work (1620 hrs.) and that he arrived at the house (1700 hours), got the twin (left AT home?) and searched the neighborhood. This is what he told police.

DT told police that SP texted her 1600 hours. That leaves 20 minutes between the text and the call to boyfriend. This means DT was looking in the park and CPC would look in the neighborhood.

One also has to wonder why SP did not take the twin and AT and go out and look again after he texted DT.

BBM
According to Baker County Clerk of Courts (http://www.bakercountyfl.org/clerk/) he (PC) has a kid/s. Here's some of what it shows:

06/15/2007 .ORDER DETERMINING DELINQUENCY
06/04/2007 .LETTER
05/23/2007 .ORDER SETTING HEARING FOR JUNE 6 9 AM
02/21/2007 .ORDER DISMISSING PETITION
12/08/2006 .ORDER SETTING HEARING FOR PAY OR APEAR
12/06/2006 .ORDER ON DEFENDANTS CONTEST OF GARNISHMENT
12/06/2006 .AMENDED ORDER SETTING HEARING FOR DEC 6 AT 10 45 AM
11/30/2006 .MOTION FOR REHEARING AND MOT TO VACATE
11/29/2006 .ORDER SETTING HEARING FOR DEC 6 AT 10 45 AM
11/29/2006 .ORDER TO RELEASE SEIZED FUNDS
11/06/2006 .ORDER ON CHILD SUPPORT ENFORCEMENT HEARING
09/13/2006 .ORDER SETTING HEARING FOR OCT 4 AT 9 AM
11/02/2004 .ORDER ON CHILD SUPPORT ENFORCEMENT PROCEEDING
10/14/2004 .ORDER REGARDING SUPPORT CREDIT
09/10/2004 PETITION FOR DIRECT CREDIT
09/24/2002 FINAL JUDGMENT FOR CHILD SUPPORT UNCONNECTED 09/24/2002 INCOME DEDUCTION ORDER
09/10/2002 NOTICE OF FINAL HEARING
09/06/2002 OUTCOME OF MEDIATION CONFERENCE
09/06/2002 MEDIATION AGREEMENT
09/06/2002 CHILD SUPPORT GUIDELINES WORKSHEET
08/22/2002 AMENDED ORDER OF REFERRAL TO MEDIATION
08/08/2002 ORER OF REFERRAL TO MEDIATION
07/15/2002 CERTIFICATE OF PDR COURSE
06/27/2002 MOTION FOR DEFAULT/DEFAULT
05/29/2002 PETITION TO ESTABLISH CHILD SUPPORT
05/29/2002 FINANCIAL AFFIDAVIT
05/29/2002 AFFIDAVIT OF INDIGENCE

Also, Oby is not a nickname for Somer. Oby is listed as a friend of PC. A friend who I think appears to be a very nice guy! He's one of the few that has Somer as his user pic. Kudos to him!!!!!! His page: http://www.myspace.com/108013135

camcneishg
12-14-2009, 07:45 AM

Who would have access to that information?that dumpster was emptied on WED morning....the one that I found at OPAA

camcneishg
12-14-2009, 08:04 AM
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z96/camcneish/102_1625.jpg

pinamia
12-14-2009, 08:24 AM
You Are My Sunshine (http://staugustine.com/interact/blog-post/steve-carswell/2009-12-13/you-are-my-sunshine)

Bet you can't get thru it without balling....
:(

No, I've balled enough. I can't wait till they catch this monster who killed this sweet little girl.

I agree with hound. She must have been found before the dump. They probably found her in a garbage truck itself.

ChickenPants
12-14-2009, 08:25 AM
Good morning everyone. I wish I could stay on here with you but I am off to work. Two thoughts since you've been talking location of dumpsters, etc.

The perp (if strong) could have easily put her in a garbage bag, tossed her in the car and driven to any dumpster to put in it, then covered it over with another or more bags or boxfulls of trash...nobody would necessarily notice. Remember also that people are now saying there are bits and pieces of ripped garbage bags in the landfill. I assume some of us have concluded that if she was in a bag, it might have ripped open after trash had been tossed around. Her legs were intact enough to make the birthmark discernable.

This putting her in trash and transferring it would not necessarily take much time, especially if planned. A perp who lives in area might not necessarily case out dumpsters but may know where some are because he has put trash there before. We know how long the defense questioned Scott P.'s ability to take his wife and throw her overboard in a small boat, and he is on death row....so...let us contemplate this possibility.

Key here is has LE (and I pray they have) asked people if they NOTICED PEOPLE PUTTING OUT TRASH OR SOMEONE DOING SOMETHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY WITH TRASH SUCH AS PUTTING TRASH IN THEIR CAR. Has anyone noticed someone (man) taking a large trash bag out of his CAR and putting it in a dumpster?

Also with reference to Somer going with a known person because he told her "come here, you are in trouble" (for running away), does anybody remember when she was missing DT saying, "Somer, please come home, you're not in trouble?" See you all later.

ChickenPants
12-14-2009, 08:35 AM
As far as we know, any comments regarding "soot" and "construction debris/materials" are rumors.

LE has never officially released any info regarding either soot or construction debris/materials.

There have been several other rumors regarding COD/condition of victim's body, etc., that I won't repeat here, because until and unless I hear LE give that info - I'm considering it hearsay and unsubstantiated.

It could ultimately turn out that those rumors are true, but at this time they are rumors.

No offense to anyone who may have posted anything about them.

It gets confusing at times, and I myself have been confused right along with everyone else.

Amen to this...I want to say I admire how you all have intelligent discussions here and have obviously put a lot of heart and work into your research of this sad case. It is refreshing to be a part of discussions that don't denigrate into hate-mongering. It's obvious that everyone has opinions, but you try to state them respectfully, even if they are about someone you find absolutely distasteful and disgusting (such as RSO's). Also, everyone here seems to be more than willing to admit if they have made a mistake, and also to forgive others' mistakes. I've seen congressional hearings and debates in the U.S. Senate that aren't as "professional" or polite as these discussions so take time to affirm the good job you are all doing and the care you have for this little girl.

pinamia
12-14-2009, 08:41 AM
Amen to this...I want to say I admire how you all have intelligent discussions here and have obviously put a lot of heart and work into your research of this sad case. It is refreshing to be a part of discussions that don't denigrate into hate-mongering. It's obvious that everyone has opinions, but you try to state them respectfully, even if they are about someone you find absolutely distasteful and disgusting (such as RSO's). Also, everyone here seems to be more than willing to admit if they have made a mistake, and also to forgive others' mistakes. I've seen congressional hearings and debates in the U.S. Senate that aren't as "professional" or polite as these discussions so take time to affirm the good job you are all doing and the care you have for this little girl.

The reason is the love we feel for Somer, a little girl who we didn't know in life but grown to care deeply about in death. We want to find out who did this to her and every detail about her. I guess you can say we are Somer junkies.

God bless Somer and all who loved her.

ChickenPants
12-14-2009, 08:44 AM

She is a manipulator

C.Cane I am interested in what you are saying, and personally have thought the same thing many times. I WANT to believe very badly that DT was (1) not consciously involved (2) not an accessory (3) not covering for someone - way of being accessory...

Manipulators often CAN be afraid, as well. They get in over their heads, they go a little too far and they get away with things because they CAN. They need people in their lives to call them to account and this is a hard job and how the term "tough love" came into being - drugs and alcohol or not. It's all about how this person's choices affect others' lives and how far they can go before others get hurt. It's why a lot of them are estranged from family members. They get worn out dealing with these people.

Here I will say that I feel bad for the grandparents, too...but WHY did nobody urge DT to get better arrangements for these little children? She has family and sisters and neighbors ... nobody wanted to take the chance of her going off on them, or what? Someone on this thread has a quote that for evil to occur all it takes is for good people to do nothing. Sad that this is another case of hindsight and how things could have been done better. Unfortunately, with the case of manipulative people, it is often left to relatives to take on responsibilities for them...they get weary of it. Somer definitely fell through the cracks on this one, I am so sad to say.

This woman, as we know, has a documented history of failed relationships. Let me say here and now this is not a reason to judge her as I am sure we have all had our share. Some of us have had ones where it took tremendous courage to get out. BUT I am thinking of her choice of relationships now that she is a mother with 5 children, one of whom she lost custody of - one who was murdered. The activities she chooses to engage in, whether the children are exposed to them, the type of men she likes - whether they are really good for her kids, etc. The amount of males who come and go from the home who are very very good friends to her, but that does not mean they are very very good to the children. The lack of sensible, consistent child care arrangements. The discrepancies in interviews concerning pertinent facts. Enough said.

It doesn't matter if we classify her as a victim or a strong, well intentioned and concerned mother. What matters is how the facts and trends of behavior play out in reference to the murder of Somer. Now is the time for any relatives, friends, neighbors, former neighbors or co-workers of DT to drop any feelings they have about "betraying" her or her "family" (meaning CPC) and go to the police with ANY suspicion of complicity or ANY tiny questions about the behaviors of the men in her life. I just can't accept that people have not already done that. Which is why I hope LE is just waiting for the person to give himself enough rope.....

ChickenPants
12-14-2009, 08:57 AM

Trying to keep it simple in my simple mind, it seems fairly obvious to me that someone gave them a tip. Whether the tip was credible or not, it made a light bulb go off which illuminated the way and they were very very lucky to find her, patting themselves on the back. Strange, though, how the sheriff said once on TV that there was a particular officer who suggested it, and later said it was "standard procedure"...but I always put that down to the brotherhood where it is probably not politically correct to give one officer too much credit. From what I know of cops, they try to be humble and give credit to their fellow officers. Could be wrong on this one, could be wrong altogether. ONE TINY THING, folks, could break the case and so we wait...

ChickenPants
12-14-2009, 09:03 AM

RE THE MEDIA (at this rate I will never get out of the house, lol): I find it so interesting that in the earliest reports on Jax4 they report that SP is DT's boyfriend? Now is this bad reporting...did they just assume because he was at the house he was her BF? Did they not check facts? OR did somebody tell them he was the BF? Keeping in mind that people say what they say under different circumstances. This was after the original MPR, too, so you'd think media would have at least read that and seen that CPC was listed as BF. Could they have interviewed SP and he told them he was the BF? Or was he really a BF? OR, did DT say it?

This leads me to another area. Everyone and their brother was interviewed on tv. I notice that SP is never interviewed. In the "if it was me" scenario, I might not have, as mom, cast direct blame on SP for anything, or have forgiven the stupidity of him sending out the other young child(ren) to search for their sister, but I don't think I would be strong enough to stomach him being a pallbearer. Well, we are surmising that CPC is the strong man she leans on. Usually we pick people who are pretty intimate to be pall bearers, though, in normal circumstances...but then, who is "normal" and I don't want to go there....thanks for reading, if you can get through my jumbled mind.

ChickenPants
12-14-2009, 09:09 AM
BBM
According to Baker County Clerk of Courts (http://www.bakercountyfl.org/clerk/) he (PC) has a kid/s. Here's some of what it shows:

06/15/2007 .ORDER DETERMINING DELINQUENCY
06/04/2007 .LETTER
05/23/2007 .ORDER SETTING HEARING FOR JUNE 6 9 AM
02/21/2007 .ORDER DISMISSING PETITION
12/08/2006 .ORDER SETTING HEARING FOR PAY OR APEAR
12/06/2006 .ORDER ON DEFENDANTS CONTEST OF GARNISHMENT
12/06/2006 .AMENDED ORDER SETTING HEARING FOR DEC 6 AT 10 45 AM
11/30/2006 .MOTION FOR REHEARING AND MOT TO VACATE
11/29/2006 .ORDER SETTING HEARING FOR DEC 6 AT 10 45 AM
11/29/2006 .ORDER TO RELEASE SEIZED FUNDS
11/06/2006 .ORDER ON CHILD SUPPORT ENFORCEMENT HEARING
09/13/2006 .ORDER SETTING HEARING FOR OCT 4 AT 9 AM
11/02/2004 .ORDER ON CHILD SUPPORT ENFORCEMENT PROCEEDING
10/14/2004 .ORDER REGARDING SUPPORT CREDIT
09/10/2004 PETITION FOR DIRECT CREDIT
09/24/2002 FINAL JUDGMENT FOR CHILD SUPPORT UNCONNECTED 09/24/2002 INCOME DEDUCTION ORDER
09/10/2002 NOTICE OF FINAL HEARING
09/06/2002 OUTCOME OF MEDIATION CONFERENCE
09/06/2002 MEDIATION AGREEMENT
09/06/2002 CHILD SUPPORT GUIDELINES WORKSHEET
08/22/2002 AMENDED ORDER OF REFERRAL TO MEDIATION
08/08/2002 ORER OF REFERRAL TO MEDIATION
07/15/2002 CERTIFICATE OF PDR COURSE
06/27/2002 MOTION FOR DEFAULT/DEFAULT
05/29/2002 PETITION TO ESTABLISH CHILD SUPPORT
05/29/2002 FINANCIAL AFFIDAVIT
05/29/2002 AFFIDAVIT OF INDIGENCE

Also, Oby is not a nickname for Somer. Oby is listed as a friend of PC. A friend who I think appears to be a very nice guy! He's one of the few that has Somer as his user pic. Kudos to him!!!!!! His page: http://www.myspace.com/108013135

Thanks for your hard work here. Re: Oby. I can see how this was confusing. I wonder if CPC ever has his kids there and how DT and the other kids get along. Apparently he hasn't been too good with his payments. Not out of the ordinary in this world.

camcneishg
12-14-2009, 09:18 AM
I am thinking the dumpster at OPAA, and here is why again.....command center was set up at the Jr. High on Monday evening...at this time the dumpster at OPAA was probably checked, nothing found....on Tuesday morning, the command center was moved to OPAA, after the dumpster was already checked the night before....it was crazy there....soooo many people, everywhere.....I am thinking that the perp could have placed her body in that dumpster after it was checked on Monday evening, even in the wee hours while all was out searching....maybe someone who lived close enough to see what was going on at all times there.....IDK.....but I do know that the dumpster at OPAA was not dumped until Wed morning....she could have even been placed in there sometime on tues.....and I find it odd that the restrooms there were searched again when doing the burnt home, and something removed from it....after hundreds of people from the search used it.....some say that this dumpster was too out in the open.....what better place, than where it is least expected.....kwim

ChickenPants
12-14-2009, 09:43 AM
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z96/camcneish/102_1625.jpg

"Somer was last seen.....(several reports conflicted)" "...lost sight of her...." (ditto) "In broad daylight...." "crowded area", etc., etc.

A RSO would not take this much of a chance, IMO, unless that RSO definitely knew this little girl had a long history of running off....

An angry person who was tired of dealing with her and her feisty behaviors and probably had specific knowledge of her problems with this/these kid(s) who were picking on her at school...who knew that she was ripe to take off, who heard her and sister squabbling like siblings do about things at school...is there waiting and says "get over here, you're in big trouble" (could he have been by those propane tanks"? He may have been walking along the route or watching in his car for her to take off, and with his big, strong legs was able to catch up with her (one report said Abby tried to chase her but could not keep up), he got her out of sight and did it. SOMEHOW he was already prepared to dispose of her. Did he perhaps tell her they were going back to the school and then take her somewhere and kill her and put her in that dumpster? Only he knows. I know it is someone she knows and went with willingly. Too many family dynamics point to it for it to have been a random crime. Not trying to say I am a know it all. I just think it's more likely...

Spyglass
12-14-2009, 09:47 AM
I was just checking here to make sure that the man who was shot by LE (in his small truck) in the Loretto Road/Hood Landing Road area early this morning is not the burned home worker earlier sleuthed here. NO REASON whatsoever to make any connection other than the address.

ChickenPants
12-14-2009, 09:51 AM
Did CPC know and approve of DT's relationship with PC? Or did it anger and frustrate him?

Was PC working with DT and possibly Somer with the Indigo therapy? Did he want more? Was there more? Was there anything Somer knew/saw/heard that she threatened to tell her dad? Could CPC or SP have done something with or to SOmer that they knew she might slip up and tell? Is is true that Somer called her dad and at some point wanted to move in with him? If so, after 2 years of him not being involved in her life, why would she do that? Did this anger someone even further?

On one report (Jax4 I think) I read that Somer's Dad talked to DT on the phone before she was found and "encouraged her to stay positive"...and after this, all of the bitterness at the funeral and the obit with him excised, etc. Strange stuff.

This would all be circumstatial evidence in a court. Hard evidence tying the perp to the murder is still needed. But after they have the hard evidence, at what point will LE arrest this person? It's not unheard of for cops to wait until they have a tight case. Meanwhile, IMO there is no danger to the public from Somer's murderer. He thinks he got away with it and is putting on a socially-acceptable face and going on with his life. It's DT who will probably crack at some point.

pingpong
12-14-2009, 09:59 AM
Trying to keep it simple in my simple mind, it seems fairly obvious to me that someone gave them a tip. Whether the tip was credible or not, it made a light bulb go off which illuminated the way and they were very very lucky to find her, patting themselves on the back. Strange, though, how the sheriff said once on TV that there was a particular officer who suggested it, and later said it was "standard procedure"...but I always put that down to the brotherhood where it is probably not politically correct to give one officer too much credit. From what I know of cops, they try to be humble and give credit to their fellow officers. Could be wrong on this one, could be wrong altogether. ONE TINY THING, folks, could break the case and so we wait...

BBM
I recall reading somewhere that CART (child abduction response team) was started in Sarasota in response to the Carlie Brucia abduction. Maybe LE and CART are working on procedures and responses to the press.

Spyglass
12-14-2009, 09:59 AM
I doubt this is connected to the construction guy who worked for his brother's company (located in same area), but here is story.

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2009-12-14/story/jacksonville_police_shoot_kill_suspect_who_backed_ into_patrol_car_twice

4mer.naybor
12-14-2009, 11:43 AM
oh geez....im all alone in here again.....later tater!

human
12-14-2009, 12:10 PM
4mer naybor-do you think that you can call your mutual friend and see what boyfriend it is who is the abuser? thanks

tarabull
12-14-2009, 12:39 PM
G'morning one and all....

There's in interesting comment posted UNDER a report about Somer at Jacksonville.com - I've seen it more than once. It's ALWAYS quoted by this individual "treehugger" - whenever I see it - it makes me think.

I SEE it's also noted under the story Spyglass posted (thanks spy!) about a man being shot on Hood Landing Road overnight.

IMO "food for thought":

"...an imperfect plan implemented immediately and violently will always succeed better than a perfect plan." General George S. Patton

tarabull
12-14-2009, 12:48 PM
you guys...tomorrow is a hearing 9:00am ....its in the court docs online.....i am wondering if this is for custody

I SEE there are no updates about today's proceedings yet....however i have a question > I SEE DB's name but not understanding - maybe someone else can explain - is she being called as a witness??

4mer.naybor
12-14-2009, 12:56 PM
4mer naybor-do you think that you can call your mutual friend and see what boyfriend it is who is the abuser? thanks

we've already talked about it, but can't figure out who the boyfriend was at the time.

Both the common friend and I have tried to reach out to DT many times since the initial missing person report, to no avail. DT won't return our calls, hasn't responded to the cards, flowers, nothing.

Its pretty odd, seems like shes someone I totally don't recognize anymore.

4mer.naybor
12-14-2009, 12:58 PM
I SEE there are no updates about today's proceedings yet....however i have a question > I SEE DB's name but not understanding - maybe someone else can explain - is she being called as a witness??

I think she got a supoena, but I'm not sure why.

human
12-14-2009, 01:03 PM
I think she got a supoena, but I'm not sure why.

Who's DB? Any hints that the hint challenged can figure out? Is itr someone with WLK? But I still don't know who DB is.

ccane
12-14-2009, 01:04 PM
Who's DB? Any hints that the hint challenged can figure out? Is itr someone with WLK? But I still don't know who DB is.

Maybe DT mom asking for temp custody

tarabull
12-14-2009, 01:10 PM
sorry human...i should have just said DT's mom instead of DB.

sooooo wonder who's calling her as a witness? ST or DT????

hmmmmmmmm. maybe sad will shed some light when she returns.

New1
12-14-2009, 01:11 PM

There's in interesting comment posted UNDER a report about Somer at Jacksonville.com - I've seen it more than once. It's ALWAYS quoted by this individual "treehugger" - whenever I see it - it makes me think.

I SEE it's also noted under the story Spyglass posted (thanks spy!) about a man being shot on Hood Landing Road overnight.

IMO "food for thought":

"...an imperfect plan implemented immediately and violently will always succeed better than a perfect plan." General George S. Patton

What is the name of the article about Somer where this comment is? I couldn't find it.

human
12-14-2009, 01:11 PM

IMO "food for thought":

So what do you think? Someone giving a clue, or just a commentary?

human
12-14-2009, 01:13 PM
What is the name of the article about Somer where this comment is? I couldn't find it.

Google Jacksonville.com, Somer and tree hugger. It should come up. Back to work for me.

Noway
12-14-2009, 01:13 PM
Maybe it was someone who didn't know the ins and outs of trash disposal in Orange Park? Who didn't know that covering her with something that shouldn't have been picked up in the normal trash would stand out.

Do people in Florida always follow the rules of garbage disposal?

Because I'm thinking that if you are disposing of a body ... you pretty much don't care whether you're breaking a law by throwing construction waste in there too.

I was waiting for YOU to say that. The point is that if when she was found, in a dumpster, not at the dump, there were construction debris covering over her for some reason, it would stand out. It would easy to track, because it would MOSTLY have the usual refuse in it. I don't know what was partially covering her when they looked in that dumpster, but someone had tried to camoflage it in some way, I would think.

tarabull
12-14-2009, 01:18 PM
Maybe DT mom asking for temp custody

I wonder how DT would feel about that....

Does anyone recall the video news report from early on (tuesday the 20th i believe) that said DT was waiting for her main figure of support to arrive home today - her father was out of town when Somer vanished was due back this day and DT was looking forward to his arrival....(something to that affect - don't quote me but that was the just of it.)

At that time I saw it, I asked myself "was that just a slap in DT's mom's face???? or am I reading too much into it....."

I decided I was likely reading too much into it, but now that I think of it again, has anyone even seen DT's mom consoling her daughter (or vise versa) - a hug even or an arm around one another - a touch, hand on arm/hand or anything? and certainly NOT facing the camera's FIRMLY side by side....more like distance between them but present together nonetheless.

tarabull
12-14-2009, 01:21 PM

Under this report for example:

http://jacksonville.com/community/my_clay_sun/2009-10-22/story/search_for_clues_continues_at_scene_near_where_som er_thompson

But, I'm sure I've seen under more than one story about Somer.

ccane
12-14-2009, 01:27 PM
I wonder how DT would feel about that....

Does anyone recall the video news report from early on that said DT was waiting for her main figure of support to arrive home today - her father was out of town when Somer vanished was due back this day and DT was looking forward to his arrival....(something to that affect - don't quote me but that was the just of it.)

At that time I saw it, I asked myself "was that just a slap in DT's mom's face???? or am I reading too much into it....."

I decided I was likely reading too much into it, but now that I think of it again, has anyone even seen DT's mom consoling her daughter (or vise versa) - a hug even or an arm around one another - a touch, hand on arm/hand or anything? and certainly NOT facing the camera's FIRMLY side by side....more like distance between them but present together nonetheless.

You are right I don't see the parents really out there with DT but I'm sure they love the grandkids very much. I hope who ever ends up with custody loves those kids and does right by them
I feel so sorry for these kids

tarabull
12-14-2009, 01:32 PM
You are right I don't see the parents really out there with DT but I'm sure they love the grandkids very much. I hope who ever ends up with custody loves those kids and does right by them
I feel so sorry for these kids

Thinking further yes, I don't see either parent consoling DT, but yet that report said more less, her father is HER anchor.

Seems weather & news reporters can deliver whatever news they like....and without back-up or accountability.

EVEN we are asked to provide backup here amongst ourselves and we are just a group of concerned individuals. I don't mean "just" as in only like we don't count - cuz we do (IMO)....goodness knows there's much to be gained from/by a collection of people with the same common concern.

Justice for Somer!

ccane
12-14-2009, 01:36 PM
Thinking further yes, I don't see either parent consoling DT, but yet that report said more less, her father is HER anchor.

Seems weather & news reporters can deliver whatever news they like....and without back-up or accountability.

EVEN we are asked to provide backup here amongst ourselves and we are just a group of concerned individuals. I don't me "just" as in only....goodness knows there's much to be gained from/by a collection of people with the same common concern.

Justice for Somer!

I believe the media has much more info they are not reporting and LE has requested them to refrain due to concerns already metioned.

New1
12-14-2009, 01:37 PM

http://jacksonville.com/community/my_clay_sun/2009-10-22/story/search_for_clues_continues_at_scene_near_where_som er_thompson

I did see one; the one that said Brunswick and Putnam Counties should take note on how to conduct an investigation? Sorry, maybe I am dense this morning (happens sometimes), but what is interesting about that comment? I don't get it.

tarabull
12-14-2009, 01:43 PM
I believe the media has much more info they are not reporting and LE has requested them to refrain due to concerns already metioned.

I agree.....

But, I should have said my rant about weather & news reports was just that - a rant, not necessarily specific to THIS case....I see that in general what is reported isn't necessarily FACTUAL nor - as it seems in Somer's story - are they necessarily the facts as they may know them.

And yes it's understandably so.

(I can see by reading my babble, I really need to put a pot of coffee on...tarabull out.)

human
12-14-2009, 01:43 PM
I did see one; the one that said Brunswick and Putnam Counties should take note on how to conduct an investigation? Sorry, maybe I am dense this morning (happens sometimes), but what is interesting about that comment? I don't get it.

I think that along with the imperfect plan quote. Kind of weird to me. Sounds like someone who knows something or may do something not too nice. IMO

Chatterbox
12-14-2009, 01:44 PM
Hello everyone! I have only been a member here for a few days, and have been trying to review the past few threads in order not to post in a redundant or repetitive manner. I haven't gone back to the beginning, so if something I post has been discussed or put to rest, just let me know. I am not sure I understand the quote feature, so please bear with me as I get used to the protocol here. I have in common with all of you that I care very much about what happened to Somer, how and why. I am interested to know, if we can determine such things, whether Somer was a victim of a predator, neglect, an accident, etc. So, thanks for any help or understanding you are willing to provide!

Noway
12-14-2009, 01:57 PM
lol

I wanted to quote your post, so I clicked on the Quote button under your message.

As far as quoting multiple posts, you use the Quote mark icon for every post you want to quote and the Quote button for the last one?

But I'm hit and miss on the success rate on that option, and usually end up with my quoted posts in the wrong order and have to rearrange.

I think fresh eyes will help ... so don't worry if you ask about something already talked about.

Hello everyone! I have only been a member here for a few days, and have been trying to review the past few threads in order not to post in a redundant or repetitive manner. I haven't gone back to the beginning, so if something I post has been discussed or put to rest, just let me know. I am not sure I understand the quote feature, so please bear with me as I get used to the protocol here. I have in common with all of you that I care very much about what happened to Somer, how and why. I am interested to know, if we can determine such things, whether Somer was a victim of a predator, neglect, an accident, etc. So, thanks for any help or understanding you are willing to provide!

Cheewawa007
12-14-2009, 02:00 PM
I think you are joking, but just in case ...

I wouldn't recommend anyone do this. Because some may be intentional by LE but more are errors by reporters not taking the time to get the facts straight. But I think they have better things to do than address requests like this. JMO

You are correct Noway - it was a joke...

Noway
12-14-2009, 02:01 PM
On the issue of garbage:

If I am a homeowner (or businessowner) in Orange Park and I need to replace a window that my kid knocked out with his soccer ball (or broken by vandals or attempted robbery), and I decide that since I have to fix the window, I'll replace it with a bigger one, which I've always wanted to do (and I'm handyman enough to do it myself) ...

Do I have to throw the drywall, glass, etc. into a construction debris dumpster or can I (and do most) throw it in my residential trash (business dumpster)?

bkcrt
12-14-2009, 02:06 PM
On the issue of garbage:

If I am a homeowner (or businessowner) in Orange Park and I need to replace a window that my kid knocked out with his soccer ball (or broken by vandals or attempted robbery), and I decide that since I have to fix the window, I'll replace it with a bigger one, which I've always wanted to do (and I'm handyman enough to do it myself) ...

Do I have to throw the drywall, glass, etc. into a construction debris dumpster or can I (and do most) throw it in my residential trash (business dumpster)?

On Industrial Loop there is an Architectural Glass Company???.

Cheewawa007
12-14-2009, 02:09 PM
ok THAT is a new one for me...rotflmao!

the comment (you located!! good job!!!) is interesting and there WAS A TIME when i would have bet money that WLK was the perp however, after sleuthing him up down, all 'round and back again >>> these days i wouldn't bet a penny on him.

however, i too am a registered changaholic (like wawa-chee-wawa) - I just don't advertise it...................................much.

BBM: That's my girl! Tara & me, we're like carrots and peas!!:dance:

bkcrt
12-14-2009, 02:10 PM
My daughter used to take dance class at a studio that was in an area label "industrial". Nice building. Cheap rent. It was surrounded by window companies, construction company and all kinds of industrial things. Anyway, at the back of the property there were dumpsters. People used to throw all kinds of things in and around the dumpster. Not just the people who worked or frequented the businesses.

human
12-14-2009, 02:12 PM
On the issue of garbage:

I don't live in Orange Park or Florida. Where I live, construction debris goes to a separate dumpster if it's a huge amount. Otherwise, if it's not so much,the homeowner just munches up what they can and puts it into a garbage can.

It depends on the size of the project. To remove a window, you are going to have a lot of garbage that wouldn't fit into a garbage can no matter how much you tried to munch it, so you would have to bring it to a dump and pay to have it disposed.

We no longer have a landfill where I live, but the homeowner or whomever, drives to the former landfill and can pay to dispose of tires, frigs, whatever. Just what was listed like on the Chesser landfill I believe. NO ONE can sneak in. They have guys there looking at every load and telling you where to put the different stuff in your load. The people there also have free piles for stuff that others can dig through ,and I think the people that work there take the good stuff.

It's a lenghty answer, but if you are asking can someone throw construction materials inito the garbage. Yes. No problem.

The other thing, that is different from where I live, is that we pay for our garbage and it is not attached to anything.

In OP the garbage is paid on an electric bill if IIRC, so no one would notice or care about someone putting something into a dumpster.

Here people are much more aware because we all pay by volume. The greater the volume, the more you pay.

ccane
12-14-2009, 02:12 PM

Personaly I think Somer is a victim of society as we know it.
I will bet money that everyone knew this was a train wreck ready to happen
The state has a responsablity to make sure children are safe even within there families.
How many times have we seen that loving family members try to intervene
and the state does nothing
We know there are rumors of drugs , suicide and as other things not yet reported in the media
We can see the family try to cope with this best they can and provide support
I think the dept of family service needs to step up and start proctecting kids like they are supposed to do and stop dropping the ball

bkcrt
12-14-2009, 02:15 PM
When I look at the area labeled Industrial Loop on google, it seems like a place someone could do this....Just drop something off. Since I'm not from the area...What do locals think? Cam?. Or was it determined that these aren't the right kind of dumpsters? Anyway, have to get to home schooling soon so sleuthing will be sporadic.

what about this?
12-14-2009, 02:17 PM

Somer was from Clay County, found in Charlton County, GA, landfill --

Haleigh was from Putnam County, found in . . . .

Is it possible that the garbage from Putnam County is taken to Brunswick?

Just wondering if that's what tree hugger was trying to say?

tarabull
12-14-2009, 02:23 PM

Quoting myself because I just noticed tree hugger has also posted the same comment under reports about Haleigh:

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2009-10-12/story/haleigh_cummings_stepmom_talks_on_cbs_the_early_sh ow

FWIW....likely nothing.

Noway
12-14-2009, 02:32 PM
~snipped from Human's post 358~

To remove a window, you are going to have a lot of garbage that wouldn't fit into a garbage can no matter how much you tried to much it, so you would have to bring it to a dump and pay to have it disposed.

Not so much that it wouldn't fit in a dumspter. JMO

And isn't that what where Somer was placed? As far as what we believe as fact?

OT ... heard on TV last night (don't know context in which it was said but it was a joke): Assumption is almost fact.

trigger
12-14-2009, 02:39 PM
I wonder if LE looked to see if anyone else in the area had work done on their house. I know where I live you just call the company and they deliver a dumpster right to your home and call when you are done and they come and pick it up.

Noway
12-14-2009, 02:45 PM
I wonder if LE looked to see if anyone else in the area had work done on their house. I know where I live you just call the company and they deliver a dumpster right to your home and call when you are done and they come and pick it up.

I would think some of the houses for sale and/or foreclosures had work done on them. They might raise a red flag or two.

JMO but I do think LE would be able to narrow down the dumpster. I don't know if they'd be able to narrow down the pep from that if the public had fairly easy access to the dumpster. But if the perp was dumb enough to throw away something that could be linked to him/her ...

Noway
12-14-2009, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by houndstooth http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif

Why [I]me?

And we don't know that there was construction debris, do we? I thought that was told to a WS member by someone they met at a wedding or funeral ...

ccane
12-14-2009, 02:49 PM
Here is a comment I had not seen before
"It was a massive undertaking," Beseler said. "Some of my detectives looked at me like I was crazy when I said I wanted to do this."

http://www.wral.com/news/national_world/national/story/6258735/

Noway
12-14-2009, 02:51 PM
Wondering what Diena's mom (DB) is testifying to in the divorce?
http://clerk.co.clay.fl.us/OdysseyPA/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=1148413

*I had another thought here but it wouldn't make sense for that to be the case in divorce hearing.*

trigger
12-14-2009, 02:54 PM
I would think some of the houses for sale and/or foreclosures had work done on them. They might raise a red flag or two.

JMO but I do think LE would be able to narrow down the dumpster. I don't know if they'd be able to narrow down the pep from that if the public had fairly easy access to the dumpster. But if the perp was dumb enough to throw away something that could be linked to him/her ...

I know. When you watch lets say Forensic files you see that they always get there man by ONE piece of evidence. I hope that this, finding her body, so fast would heave helped. I forgot what DT lawyer said but I think he said something like the evidence was sent overseas to be analyzed?

New1
12-14-2009, 02:55 PM
I don't live in Orange Park or Florida. Where I live, construction debris goes to a separate dumpster if it's a huge amount. The homeowner just munches up what they can and puts it into the dumpster.

It depends on the size of the project. To remove a window, you are going to have a lot of garbage that wouldn't fit into a garbage can no matter how much you tried to much it, so you would have to bring it to a dump and pay to have it disposed.

We no longer have a landfill where I live, but the homeowner or whomever, drives to the former landfill and can pay to dispose of tires, frigs, whatever. Just what was listed like on the Chesser landfill I believe. NO ONE can sneak in. They have guys there looking at every load and telling you where to put the different stuff in your load. The people there also have free piles for stuff that others can dig through and I think the people that work there take the good stuff.

It's a lenghty answer, but if you are asking can someone throw construction materials inito the garbage. Yes. No problem.

The other thing that is different from where I live is that we pay for our garbage and it is not attached to anything.

In OP the garbage is paid on an electric bill if IIRC, so no one would notice or care about someone putting something into a dumpster.

Here people are much more aware because we all pay by volume. The greater the volume, the more you pay.

I know this has nothing to do with Orange Park Garbage collection, but where I live, trash and garbage are 2 different things. Garbage has to be put in a city provided Garbage can and rolled to the side of the road like end of driveway where it is dumped into the garbage truck manually by people who ride on the back of the truck.

Trash, on the other hand, is picked up by the Trash truck mechanically and put into an open long bed truck. Garbage people will not pick up anything that is not bagged. Trash truck picks up yard debris, old furniture, etc. anything that does not fit into a garbage bag. They do, however, pick up bagged leaves from your yard.

I believe garbage is disposed at the county landfill and trash is taken to the city dump. DT said her baby was put in the TRASH, which here where I live would be in the open long bed trash truck, not the garbage. I can tell by reading previous posts about the garbage pick-up in Orange Park that it is much different there than here.

Noway
12-14-2009, 03:01 PM
(I am not making distinction between trash and garbage as being different things but I am not considering construction debris at all in this post.)

How long does the trash brought to Rosemary Hill stay there?

I mean if trash is brought on Tuesday by the many trucks that pick it up at homes and businesses, do they get it transferred to the 25 ton truck that same day? And it's brought to Chesser on Tuesday?

Had any Wednesday trash been brought to Chesser by the time they found Somer?

paris_paris
12-14-2009, 03:04 PM

IMO "food for thought":

tarabull, that quote you see is in the posters signature. It shows up in every comment they make to an article, and they have commented on many news stories... not just about Somer.

The comment on the article you linked is "Killed for a moving violation?"

Noway
12-14-2009, 03:08 PM
New1, yeah, we have 95 gallon bins that are picked up by an arm too, so I am sure people throw things in that they shouldn't. And in OP, a dumpster is lifted by arms so it is not likely that anyone would know that there was something that shouldn't be in there in there.

Also, someone could have put Somer in the dumpster and someone else came in and threw their construction debris on top and the two are not related. If the dumpster is big (as in tall) enough (as were the ones in the industrial park where I worked) they wouldn't know what was in there ...

tarabull
12-14-2009, 03:12 PM
Regardless, the quote in itself is food for thought....

I don't think Somer's murder was a thought out plan but rather something someone implemented immediately & violently....seems so far the perp might consider their actions a success.

I hope the winds soon change.

houndstooth
12-14-2009, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by houndstooth http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4559204#post4559204)

Why [I]me?

And we don't know that there was construction debris, do we? I thought that was told to a WS member by someone they met at a wedding or funeral ...

I reckon for the same reason you bolded this. lol :) See post #366

I said..." IF when she was found....there was construction debris covering over her...." because I don't know it for certain.

All I know is I have read that as a rumor ( first time posted someone who CLAIMED to have relatives in LE and high school chum who worked at the dump ), since Wed. night here and there.
All I can do and have done is read an article and statement by LE which is shortly refuted by other articles and actions taken as stated by LE and try to draw some logical conclusions about what it all means.

ccane
12-14-2009, 03:45 PM
Somers casket locked?
http://www.wesh.com/video/21451377/index.html

tarabull
12-14-2009, 03:55 PM
Somers casket locked?

Are you saying that video report says Somer's casket was locked?!?!? cuz i've just watched it twice and haven't caught that once....can you offer the minute mark?

ccane
12-14-2009, 03:56 PM
another clip I have not seen.. says DT was bent over and comforted by a deputy

I dont know why they have the same link
you can go to Wesh and search "somer" for videos and find them

try this one
http://www.wesh.com/video/21435408/

and this one
http://www.wesh.com/video/21438383/

Noway
12-14-2009, 03:57 PM
Houndstooth, I'm confused.

You said:
I was waiting for YOU to say that ...

I was asking why you were waiting for me to say it.

Noway
12-14-2009, 04:02 PM
Somers casket locked?

Someone who is in the funeral business said this was normal. I think her nic was Grandma (a version of that). So it doesn't come open and the deceased falls out.

Makes sense anyway, and IMO to keep nuts from trying to snap pix of Somer in casket.

Noway
12-14-2009, 04:04 PM
another clip I have not seen.. says DT was bent over and comforted by a deputy

I dont know why they have the same link
you can go to Wesh and search "somer" for videos and find them

try this one
http://www.wesh.com/video/21435408/

and this one
http://www.wesh.com/video/21438383/

When you find a video you want to share, look for the Get Link or Link option. Copying from address bar will bring you to main video page but not exact video.

Not all the videos have this option but most do. If you don't have a link option, provide the name of the video. That will help.

ccane, thanks for all your venturing into the Pit!

Noway
12-14-2009, 04:06 PM
Somer's Killer May Have Cuts on Upper Body
Summary of what to look for as far as behavior exhibited by Somer's killer. (no specific link to video available but empty space to right of video is where it sometimes is; sometimes just below video)

At link, you can search for all videos with Somer Thompson, older than 30 days. Once you have those, you can sort by relevance or date (option on right).

ccane
12-14-2009, 04:15 PM
When the sheriff said look for someone with cuts or bruses to the face, hand etc and a car hidden or sold is it possible this was a car accident and the person panicked.

tarabull
12-14-2009, 04:16 PM
one fish, two fish, red fish!!!!!!!!!, blue fish....

check check check....is this thing working?

where oh where have you been my friend?????

houndstooth
12-14-2009, 04:19 PM
My personal take on the profile that was released was it was generic in nature and had no specific relevance to this case. IIRC, there was a press conference scheduled, but instead they chose to just offer this "profile". Which could apply to any abduction case.
I could be wrong about that, of course.

ccane
12-14-2009, 04:26 PM
When was her dad in the car accident? Just asking

Cheewawa007
12-14-2009, 04:26 PM
On the issue of garbage:

You can put the debris in your regular trash cans that are placed on the edge of your property for the trash truck to pick up. My hubby does it all the time, but with panels of wood, broken tiles, etc. We've never had a problem... he'll tip 'em w/a $20 every now & then.

tarabull
12-14-2009, 04:30 PM
There's an update on the court docs from today's proceedings >> (so far) it ONLY says:

12/14/2009 Report of Magistrate

Whazit mean??????

Chili Fries
12-14-2009, 04:31 PM

I'm bumping this up in case anybody wants to look through the comments. I don't have the energy to go through them all.

Cheewawa007
12-14-2009, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by houndstooth http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4559204#post4559204)

Why [I]me?

BBM: No, that is incorrect... this came from me & a telephone conversation I had with a friend of mine. My friend's daughter is friends with Diena. This was told to my friend by her daughter, who is a friend of Diena. I cannot verify this is a fact, or how close of friends they are. I cannot verify where my friend's daughter received this information (whether it came from Diena herself). As a result, I would classify this as a food for thought rumor.

Cheewawa007
12-14-2009, 05:07 PM
There's an update on the court docs from today's proceedings >> (so far) it ONLY says:

Whazit mean??????

Well that's just tarabull!!!! Report of Magistrate - what could that possibly mean? A Magistrate is defined as a civil officer or lay Judge who administers the law, especially one who conducts a court that deals with minor offenses and holds preliminary hearings for more serious ones. Sooooooooo the $1,000,000 question is what could the minor offense be?

Cheewawa007
12-14-2009, 05:10 PM
Alma, check your battery..... I just love that movie (Sister Act) - sorry.

MommaD
12-14-2009, 05:20 PM
Bingo was his name o .. tongue o was his game o ...

Cheewawa007
12-14-2009, 05:39 PM
Someone who is in the funeral business said this was normal. I think her nic was Grandma (a version of that). So it doesn't come open and the deceased falls out.

Makes sense anyway, and IMO to keep nuts from trying to snap pix of Somer in casket.

BBM: Her name is GrandmaP and she is a poster here on WS. She's normally on another thread.

Cheewawa007
12-14-2009, 05:42 PM
Bingo was his name o .. tongue o was his game o ...

MommaD!!!!!! Welcome Back!!!!!! We've missed you soooooo much!!!!!!

Noway
12-14-2009, 05:44 PM
[/b]

BBM: No, that is incorrect... this came from me & a telephone conversation I had with a friend of mine. My friend's daughter is friends with Diena. This was told to my friend by her daughter, who is a friend of Diena. I cannot verify this is a fact, or how close of friends they are. I cannot verify where my friend's daughter received this information (whether it came from Diena herself). As a result, I would classify this as a food for thought rumor.

Thank you.

So Diena allegedly told her friend (who is your friend's daughter). That's more of a connection than I was thinking there was.

Noway
12-14-2009, 05:45 PM
When was her dad in the car accident? Just asking

Before she went missing. Sad told us when but I don't remember. I'll see if I can find and post here for reference.

Thompson said he was recently hurt in an accident and didn't have the money or transportation to come from his home in Graham, N.C. Holt said a local business donated a handicap-accessible van to them Friday and they should be arriving today or Sunday. Thompson and Somer's mother have been estranged and are getting divorced. Article dated 10/24
http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/latest/lat_702797.shtml

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased FL - Somer Renee Thompson, 7, Orange Park, Thread # 25

MommaD posted on December 1, 2009: he was injured in auto accident about 3 months ago. he stated this on video interview.. that is why he is in a wheelchair .. he stated this . he has about a month to go when Somer was murdered. he should be out of wheel chair now. its been a month. but with his weight etc. I could see him depend on wheel chair for a crutch..

pinamia
12-14-2009, 05:54 PM
Before she went missing. Sad told us when but I don't remember. I'll see if I can find and post here for reference.

Article dated 10/24
http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/latest/lat_702797.shtml

I think it was months before Somer was killed.

MommaD
12-14-2009, 05:57 PM
MommaD!!!!!! Welcome Back!!!!!! We've missed you soooooo much!!!!!!

HEY Chee!!!!! I Thank you. But "we" you must have a mouse in your pocket my dear.. lol I only saw you wondering where I was dear Chee.. I was reading along.. Taking all the so important information in to my little bitty brain. lol Love watching a good plan try to come together. lol

Cheewawa007
12-14-2009, 06:00 PM
Thank you.

So Diena allegedly told her friend (who is your friend's daughter). That's more of a connection than I was thinking there was.

For clarification, I do not know that Diena told her friend (who is my friend's daughter). My friend said that her (my friend) daughter told her (my friend) that Somer's body was covered in broken glass and construction debris.

sadnpod
12-14-2009, 06:02 PM
Hi everyone.. I hope this works.. I will add videos later tonight, so this is the pics I took, I hope they make sense... I am not even an amateur photographer, so please remember that, especially the videos! If you see something that you want me to zoom on, let me know and I will add it. Now Im gonna go catch up... its been a he** of a day! If the pic is not dated, it was taken on 11/19. http://s977.photobucket.com/albums/ae252/snoopyone2009/?start=40

Noway
12-14-2009, 06:03 PM
This was from 10/23.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0910/23/ng.01.html

CASAREZ: I don`t think any of us can imagine what you are going through, what you are living, what is so real for you. I want to ask you about Somer Thompson`s father. I know he`s in North Carolina, and I heard that he recently had pretty major surgery, but yet he`s going to make it to Florida, right?

HOLT: Well, he was -- he was in a car accident and it damaged his right knee, crushed the bone, and he had major reconstructive, where they put pins and rods and stuff. And so he`s not to put any weight on that for three months. So he`s in a wheelchair. And I`ve been trying to help take care of him, but it`s hard for him to get around, as you can imagine, if you can`t walk on your...

sorrell skye
12-14-2009, 06:10 PM
Good to see you again MommaD!!! It hasn't been the same without you! No one can fill up an entire page with posts quite like you can! LOL!!!

pinamia
12-14-2009, 06:10 PM
Hi everyone.. I hope this works.. I will add videos later tonight, so this is the pics I took, I hope they make sense... I am not even an amateur photographer, so please remember that, especially the videos! If you see something that you want me to zoom on, let me know and I will add it. Now Im gonna go catch up... its been a he** of a day! If the pic is not dated, it was taken on 11/19. http://s977.photobucket.com/albums/ae252/snoopyone2009/?start=40

That short cut sure looks scary. When I was young, I would go by one very similar and my brother said once a crazy man came out with a knife and he and his friend outran him. You just never know who the hell is hanging out in those woods waiting to attack a kid or adult for that matter. The fields are long gone from the late 70's. There was a horse farm as well there that's long gone.

It seems like the perfect secluded place to commit a murder :(

sadnpod
12-14-2009, 06:13 PM
LOL. Thanx....Hes a handful...

I had a dream last night about a storage shed. So I went and searched storage units in the area. Theres one 4miles away. So I googled the storage unit and it was not in my dream so I went to the address to the burnt house using google earth and came upon a road The Grove Rd. I wonder if its houses or what? Anyway I took it down that street and to my amazement there was the sheds I saw in my dream. Freaky.. I wonder if that is the back of the park?

darn it.. I have to go back? I drove through there.. but didnt take pics.. Its these condos off gano past grove park before debarry on right, they have storage units in the back, but they also have surveillance video signs... no dumpster, its in the middle of the road in middle of condos. very visable.

sadnpod
12-14-2009, 06:15 PM
I saw a male carrying her in there. She looked like she was sleeping but she wasn't. He placed her down and walked out. In my dream I saw a made shift type of roof over the shed and couldn't make it out until I saw them on this street. It was very very dark. The male was wearing a baseball hat and had brown hair.

Some have roofs like the metal carports have

MommaD
12-14-2009, 06:17 PM
Good to see you again MommaD!!! It hasn't been the same without you! No one can fill up an entire page with posts quite like you can! LOL!!!

Why Thank you kindly Dear Ms. Sorrell.

sadnpod
12-14-2009, 06:22 PM
the sheds here on Debarry are all under another roof, a seperate roof....odd about your dream...I have lightened the pic some for you to see.....:
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z96/camcneish/102_1727-1.jpg

I think the ones on the other side by the apts have make shift roofs, I will go look when Im back in op

Cheewawa007
12-14-2009, 06:24 PM
So MommaD, tell us....while you've been on vacation, did you come up with any theories or thoughts that you might want to share with us? Do you feel we've been spinning around and around in a circle traveling nowhere, or do you feel we're making some headway?

LLLindsayy
12-14-2009, 06:30 PM

In your picture of the men's room ceiling... Is that a camera on the ceiling? I assume it's some sort of sensor, but doesn't hurt to make sure.

sadnpod
12-14-2009, 06:33 PM
Alright, I've got my bic flicked, so get ready Human, here comes the flame (Just Kidding - I couldn't resist). I commend Diena for going to school to better herself (which in the long run would benefit her kids financially), holding down a full time job without going on welfare like so many do, trying to keep the children with her instead of relinquishing her parental rights & putting them in foster care. I'm certain her life was stressed.. h*ll; I had it tough juggling a full time job, ONE child & a husband. I can imagine the stress she was under. But the fact remains she was trying to better herself and the lives of her kids. My Dad didn't contact me in over two years & tried to blame my mother for his lack of being a father figure in my younger years. He had parental rights & could have exercised them any time he chose, but didn't. He was making no attempt to see me, nor was he paying my mother child support. She had to hire an attorney & fight to make him pay. My mom worked two jobs just to keep a roof over our heads and food on the table. She was never home because she was always working & yes, I was a latch key kid at a very early age. The alternative was to let the State take me & put me in foster care. But she didn't let that happen. I don't see my mother as being a bad parent - I see her as doing everything within her power to keep her child... she loved me that much! And sure - she had desires, wants and needs of her own. When she had the time, she would go to a party or out on a date... she was human; she was lonely... but she was far from a ho. So I guess it's safe to say I will defend Diena with every bit of strength in my fingertips.

I commend you for your defense of DT because I think you truly feel her pain in alot of areas, but not all single women are like your mother.

MommaD
12-14-2009, 06:35 PM
So MommaD, tell us....while you've been on vacation, did you come up with any theories or thoughts that you might want to share with us? Do you feel we've been spinning around and around in a circle traveling nowhere, or do you feel we're making some headway?

Not really.. just usual spin. enjoyed the sun and sand tho.. lol feels great between the toes. lol

sadnpod
12-14-2009, 06:36 PM
DT wasn't your mom or you. She is Somer's mom and we still don't know if she played a role in her death. Remember even Caylee's mom could be defended by some. DT has not made it very easy for people to like her. Her association with crazy flaky people has been noted. Frankly, I feel her other kids are in danger. So you can defend her all you like that doesn't mean you are right about her. We can attack her all we want but that doesn't mean it's the truth either. All we know is that Somer is dead and she may not have been if DT provided adequate after school supervision.

Well spoken..

ChickenPants
12-14-2009, 06:55 PM
My daughter used to take dance class at a studio that was in an area label "industrial". Nice building. Cheap rent. It was surrounded by window companies, construction company and all kinds of industrial things. Anyway, at the back of the property there were dumpsters. People used to throw all kinds of things in and around the dumpster. Not just the people who worked or frequented the businesses.

Just MOO opinion on the dumpster discussion: I don't think the perp cared whether the dumpster chosen was appropriate or not. I think it was planned to kill her and put her in a dumpster nearest to the murder and get out of there. People put sofas outside of dumpsters and other things even when it's not "allowed". In my former apt. complex, people used to drive to our dumpsters from their neighborhoods and unload cars full of trash to avoid having to pay trash fees. She weighed 65 pounds and its not a real big deal to people heaving trash - they might think: gee this bag is heavy, but not necessarily stop and open it and look inside. That's if she was put in a bag.

ChickenPants
12-14-2009, 06:58 PM

It's nice to meet you, too. I am pretty new as well. I had a very hard time with the quotes and hit every button until people were kind enough to walk me through it. I am sure that as I write (sometimes prob too much) I have repeated things said before, but the people here really want the murder solved and are patient with "newbies". Even when they have done a lot of research and answered the same questions 100 times. You will probably get a lot out of being a part of this group. Good luck.

Cheewawa007
12-14-2009, 06:59 PM
I commend you for your defense of DT because I think you truly feel her pain in alot of areas, but not all single women are like your mother.

Never said all single women are like my mother. On the flip side, not all men are like my father either... or at least I hope not. Simply trying to make this fair and balanced - that's all. Don't judge a person until you've walked a mile in their moccasins - kwim? The only perfect person I know of died on the cross.

sadnpod
12-14-2009, 07:00 PM
Do you work in a hospice center or a nursing home? It takes a very special person to stay at this side of dying people. I did it with my very best friend in the whole wide world and also with my Mom... each experience was so different & something I will never, ever forget. It also changed me as a person...very hard to explain.

Once again the things we have in common here continue to astound me. I also took care of my very best friend in the whole wide world as she slowly passed away, another friends husband, my step father and have been a care taker for my mother when she has health issues (she is well now thank goodness). My sister also had cystic fibrosis and died at 19. It is very hard to explain, but it makes you appreciate all the small moments in life. BTW.. none of these people expressed body fluids at death. That happened usually days before. But it might be different in a violent sudden death.

ChickenPants
12-14-2009, 07:04 PM
New1, yeah, we have 95 gallon bins that are picked up by an arm too, so I am sure people throw things in that they shouldn't. And in OP, a dumpster is lifted by arms so it is not likely that anyone would know that there was something that shouldn't be in there in there.

Also, someone could have put Somer in the dumpster and someone else came in and threw their construction debris on top and the two are not related. If the dumpster is big (as in tall) enough (as were the ones in the industrial park where I worked) they wouldn't know what was in there ...

"Big, tall dumpster..." "Big tall perpetrator" Heaving 65 lbs overhead is harder than moving it at waist level or below. Strong guy.

Noway
12-14-2009, 07:08 PM
Then again, the dumpster could have been smaller (like the secluded one in the link above from Sadnpod) and if she was put in a garbage bag, someone dumping construction debris might not think anything of it. And if you're dumping trash (construction debris) in a dumpster that is not yours, you're not stopping to look at the contents of the dumpster.

But to carry or lift Somer would have been hard, I agree with that. Maybe more than one person? (I don't think so but anything is possible.)

Just wondering if the construction debris would have been put in first, then Somer. When she was dumped from the truck, she would be first, and the debris on top. I guess they have to reverse order everything?

human
12-14-2009, 07:09 PM

I have to finish up work and I am here on my own time now. I just briefly looked at some of the pics.WowWowWowWow!!!!!!

Thank you!

trigger
12-14-2009, 07:12 PM
darn it.. I have to go back? I drove through there.. but didnt take pics.. Its these condos off gano past grove park before debarry on right, they have storage units in the back, but they also have surveillance video signs... no dumpster, its in the middle of the road in middle of condos. very visable.

Yes the condos off of Gano. I went on google earth and did not see any dumpsters but I lost patience with looking, my computer kept freezing up.

Cheewawa007
12-14-2009, 07:13 PM
Once again the things we have in common here continue to astound me. I also took care of my very best friend in the whole wide world as she slowly passed away, another friends husband, my step father and have been a care taker for my mother when she has health issues (she is well now thank goodness). My sister also had cystic fibrosis and died at 19. It is very hard to explain, but it makes you appreciate all the small moments in life. BTW.. none of these people expressed body fluids at death. That happened usually days before. But it might be different in a violent sudden death.

Well mine did express bodily fluids at the time of death immediately following the death rattle.

sadnpod
12-14-2009, 07:17 PM
If that's the case, did you take a look at the OPJH dumpster. Google map it, drive down, and do a 360*

I got a funny feeling when I did that earlier.

I couldnt take pics of it. But it is way in the back and has very easy access and low visability.

ChickenPants
12-14-2009, 07:18 PM
Somer's Killer May Have Cuts on Upper Body
Summary of what to look for as far as behavior exhibited by Somer's killer. (no specific link to video available but empty space to right of video is where it sometimes is; sometimes just below video)

At link, you can search for all videos with Somer Thompson, older than 30 days. Once you have those, you can sort by relevance or date (option on right).

I have always felt that the list Sheriff read from was just a standard profile of a perpetrator of this kind of crime. He read it at a place in the investigation when he wanted people to be on the lookout for a certain profile type which may include some, or many, but not necessarily all of the description. I never thought it was specific to Somer's murder, just a general protocol. If Somer had been grabbed suddenly from behind and smothered, she would not have been able to, for example, scratch or bite her killer. In fact, if she had put up a fight, I would think there would be evidence of struggle and someone would have heard something. MOO, thanks.

trigger
12-14-2009, 07:22 PM
When the sheriff said look for someone with cuts or bruses to the face, hand etc and a car hidden or sold is it possible this was a car accident and the person panicked.

Hmmm. I was thinking a knife was used. Notice they never said scratches though.

human
12-14-2009, 07:27 PM
In your picture of the men's room ceiling... Is that a camera on the ceiling? I assume it's some sort of sensor, but doesn't hurt to make sure.

A camera would make sense. What else could LE possibly go into the bathroom for and come out a few minutes later without hunkering down and scouring it for clues?

I like the idea of the camera and going in and removing the tape. Everything is under video surveillence and it seems like the bathroom would be a good spot for that.

I have to tell you a gross story. I know of a child that ate on one of those cakes they found in the men's bathroom. For real. Ugh. Maybe someone was hunkering for a cake. Had to say it.

ChickenPants
12-14-2009, 07:31 PM
Then again, the dumpster could have been smaller (like the secluded one in the link above from Sadnpod) and if she was put in a garbage bag, someone dumping construction debris might not think anything of it. And if you're dumping trash (construction debris) in a dumpster that is not yours, you're not stopping to look at the contents of the dumpster.

But to carry or lift Somer would have been hard, I agree with that. Maybe more than one person? (I don't think so but anything is possible.)

Just wondering if the construction debris would have been put in first, then Somer. When she was dumped from the truck, she would be first, and the debris on top. I guess they have to reverse order everything?

Picture in your mind the scene in Gone With The Wind when Rhett Butler in his alcohol-feuled anger grabs Scarlett, picks her up and runs up the stairs with her. Clark Gable had to do that several times to get a take that would print...now imagine a big strong guy hefting a little 65 lb. girl. With those in mind, I don't think it would be too hard to dump her, especially if the guy is pumped up on adrenaline after having killed her. The rest depends on whether she was in a bag or not, and it has been said that if she was in a bag, she wouldn't be seen (covering or not overhead) and that maybe the bag would deteriorate, rip whatever during the transport process from dumpster to landfill. Again, I just can't see people who do this job routinely being connected to what they are hauling or moving around. A lot of people have been killed, put in the trash and never found.

LLLindsayy
12-14-2009, 07:34 PM
A camera would make sense. What else could LE possibly go into the bathroom for and come out a few minutes later without hunkering down and scouring it for clues?

I like the idea of the camera and going in and removing the tape. Everything is under video surveillence and it seems like the bathroom would be a good spot for that.

I have to tell you a gross story. I know of a child that ate on one of those cakes they found in the men's bathroom. For real. Ugh. Maybe someone was hunkering for a cake. Had to say it.

I didn't think of it in that sense, but that's a good point. I think it's kinda creepy to have a camera in a bathroom, but at the same time, if they have it just pointing towards the door or sinks, I suppose it wouldn't be much of an issue. Not any more so than a camera in any other public place if it's not pointing at the stalls.

pinamia
12-14-2009, 07:35 PM
If only media and LE would be forth coming. So far all we know is the RSO have been ruled out, Somer liked to run off after school, she was killed on October 19 or thereabout, and discarded in the trash/dumpster.

ccane
12-14-2009, 07:38 PM

Why is the album labeled snoopyone?:waitasec:

LLLindsayy
12-14-2009, 07:46 PM
Why is the album labeled snoopyone?:waitasec:

It's a username.

Equivalent to your posts being labeled ccane.

Cheewawa007
12-14-2009, 07:48 PM
It's a username.

Equivalent to your posts being labeled ccane.

That name sounds so familiar for some reason......:waitasec:

I'm goin' to the garage for a smoke - hopefully when I return and refresh, someone will correct me...........

sadnpod
12-14-2009, 08:17 PM
Just some of my thoughts today. Yesterday and today have been hard days. I feel her with me so much when I am by that irrigation ditch. For some I can see how it would be scary, but to a kid left to wander, this place would have had massive appeal to me. Its pretty secluded, and there are turtles! Did anyone notice? There is a dumpster at an RSO's house. But I think LE would have this person if thats where she was found. The dumpster locations are endless in that area, much less from there to GCS, and I looked today at those., WLK would have plenty of places. I still dont discount him.

I too am glad to see you back mommaD.... thank you chic for sharing... all of you for sharing.

I am so very sad for somer, st, at, ac.. her tiny grave is heartbreaking.

I havent had time to catch up..only at page 10, but i have to spend time with my mother.. thank god. She will be home from work soon.. so til then..

I believe with all my heart that SP is a good friend to DT. I believe she said he was babysitting that day because she didnt want LE to know the kids were coming home alone. I have reasons to believe this based on facts. I have been warned by some much smarter than me that I cannot share everything with you my friends. But I do ask that you trust me. I will not lie. But I also know each word is from my perspective and I trust all of you to take it as such. Believe me or not, but please know that my heart just wants to see justice for somer, and for every child to be safe, loved, cared for and given the attention they need. We are all on the same side in this, whether we agree or disagree.. I also believe that..

ChickenPants
12-14-2009, 08:19 PM
I don't know. I am totally confused. From the beginning, I felt something was not right with DT. Then I read the police report, and the SP situation and saw CPC MySpace and heard how ST was treated at the funeral and it all just added up more and more...

We all come here trying to be fair and deal with facts. We all have different thought processes, areas stronger, weaker. We also bring our own selves and experiences in. I am trying and trying not to be a DT basher or a DT supporter or a DT anything. I have worked around a lot of people who remind me of her. I have serious issues with the lack of cohesiveness in the lives of these young kids. I don't get how she fell off the radar after fund raisers and attorney. I don't understand the discrepancies. I bring to the table a sincere desire to see closure. I bring my own personal experiences which include being around a lot of human suffering and a necessary ability to discern non-verbal communication and body language, etc.

While we are being honest, I don't like the amount of men these kids have been around and I don't like the whole go get 'em drive everyone off the road here we come on our Harleys thing. I don't like mom being in a live-in relationship with one man and having "lunch" with another man whose current relationship with her (and Somer) is questionable. I don't like a grieving mom on stage wearing a bandana and fake tatoo and singing what should be her and Somer's special song to the masses. Somehow that makes Somer's song less special to me. I don't like people going to memorial services and vigils and holding back grinning into the camera to say "hi mom" because they want to be where the action is. I don't like people herding like cattle and stomping on evidence. I don't like the secretiveness of the LE or the politics we will probably never know about.

I am not a spy or a lurker or a flamer or any of those other things there are words for, I just care. If I post too much, or seem to others like I have all of the answers, I am sorry. I have theories but no answers.

sadnpod
12-14-2009, 08:19 PM
sounds like I have heard that name also at one time here. hmmmm let me think lol :waitasec:

I was hoping to get a chuckle mommaD... I think we all need one occasionally..

hoppyfrog
12-14-2009, 09:25 PM
Dear Posters:

1. Do not discuss other posters. This is rude.

2. Do not post information about someone's medical conditions. Again, rude.

Thanks,

Hoppy

Noway
12-14-2009, 09:37 PM
Has anyone considered that construction debris was put with Somer to send LE in the wrong direction.

txsvicki
12-14-2009, 09:41 PM
I don't know. I am totally confused. From the beginning, I felt something was not right with DT. Then I read the police report, and the SP situation and saw CPC MySpace and heard how ST was treated at the funeral and it all just added up more and more...

We all come here trying to be fair and deal with facts. We all have different thought processes, areas stronger, weaker. We also bring our own selves and experiences in. I am trying and trying not to be a DT basher or a DT supporter or a DT anything. I have worked around a lot of people who remind me of her. I have serious issues with the lack of cohesiveness in the lives of these young kids. I don't get how she fell off the radar after fund raisers and attorney. I don't understand the discrepancies. I bring to the table a sincere desire to see closure. I bring my own personal experiences which include being around a lot of human suffering and a necessary ability to discern non-verbal communication and body language, etc.

While we are being honest, I don't like the amount of men these kids have been around and I don't like the whole go get 'em drive everyone off the road here we come on our Harleys thing. I don't like mom being in a live-in relationship with one man and having "lunch" with another man whose current relationship with her (and Somer) is questionable. I don't like a grieving mom on stage wearing a bandana and fake tatoo and singing what should be her and Somer's special song to the masses. Somehow that makes Somer's song less special to me. I don't like people going to memorial services and vigils and holding back grinning into the camera to say "hi mom" because they want to be where the action is. I don't like people herding like cattle and stomping on evidence. I don't like the secretiveness of the LE or the politics we will probably never know about.

I am not a spy or a lurker or a flamer or any of those other things there are words for, I just care. If I post too much, or seem to others like I have all of the answers, I am sorry. I have theories but no answers.

I also don't understand the need for "themes" when such a heinous horrible murder involving a tiny child happens. I'm not a poems and sentimental type at all, so I think the biker theme and the whole color purple thing is ridiculous. I expect serious mourning, hell fire preaching at the funeral, and people dressed for church. I guess there's some reason that people are advised to do these things (probably by some woman) but I would not. To me, themes and everyone wearing colors are for parties, showers, and celebrations.

Noway
12-14-2009, 09:41 PM
I was also thinking that carrying a live/conscious person is much different than carrying a dead/unconscious (drugged?) one ...

sadnpod
12-14-2009, 09:49 PM
I also don't understand the need for "themes" when such a heinous horrible murder involving a tiny child happens. I'm not a poems and sentimental type at all, so I think the biker theme and the whole color purple thing is ridiculous. I expect serious mourning, hell fire preaching at the funeral, and people dressed for church. I guess there's some reason that people are advised to do these things (probably by some woman) but I would not. To me, themes and everyone wearing colors are for parties, showers, and celebrations.

I felt like the only person not dressed in purple. It just didnt seem right to me. But the yard sale sign with purple balloon, (just to get attention, it wasnt for somer) made me sick. Now purple represents the color of money to me. And sadness.

New1
12-14-2009, 09:50 PM
For clarification, I do not know that Diena told her friend (who is my friend's daughter). My friend said that her (my friend) daughter told her (my friend) that Somer's body was covered in broken glass and construction debris.

You know, this rumor could have some validity when I think about seeing DT on TV taking about a missing piece of glass. Does anyone else remember this....it was a strange thing to say IMO, sort of like substituting the word "glass" for "puzzle." Like most people would say "a missing piece of puzzle", instead DT said " a missing piece of GLASS".

human
12-14-2009, 09:51 PM
Has anyone considered that construction debris was put with Somer to send LE in the wrong direction.

Could be, but why choose construction debris? Why not lawn clippings or what? I can't think. Who would think to have the Gano house be the focus? Did the killer know that was the last place she was seen? How could he spy on her like that? Where would he be?

I do not think that the killer thought that she would be found. I am thinking that he put her in a dumpster and put bags or whatever on top.

I still have some questions. I have read that residential was picked up on Tuesday and dumpsters on Wednesday. Then I have read the opposite. Just to be clear, those are NOT the roll off dumpsters like at Gano. Those are dumpsters like at apts or the 1,000,000 other dumpsters they seem to have in OP.

LE knew right away that she was a homicide. There were some ugly ideas given like bound and that type of thing. But it also could be because she was in a garbage bag.

I honestly don't think she was in residential. When I was in college, we would sell our books back. The guy who bought then had a stack of $1.00 bills, and every time he could pick the correct amount by feel without counting.

I think when the garbage man hefts the can, he knows something is not right. He may question the perp. Too big of a risk. Or the bag could break. And one can never tell how much garbage is in a residential can. He can't be driving around checking out for ones that are empty.

I couldn't see the dumpster until posters pointed out how the perp could cover her up.

Major duh!!!!!

sadnpod
12-14-2009, 10:01 PM

Not fact. Just theory.

DR's funeral was fri wasnt it? In my mind her daughter gave him til monday to get out and from DLRC right on miller, ive seen it so clearly. But IDK anymore. Her daugher lives there now with her family. They had a yard sale that I went to and it creeped me out, and I really felt like a sn oops. I think LE searched the house when it was empty and I think it was emtpy til monday.

but I dont know anything, as usual

Noway
12-14-2009, 10:03 PM
I think (and I don't know anymore) that dumpsters were picked up by the same trucks and on the same day as residential in the same neighborhood. That the trucks who had workers jumping off the trucks and manually loading also had "forks" that lifted the dumpsters.

I had asked whether the trash that Somer was in was from Tuesday or whether some Wednesday trash had been brought to Rosemary Hill (by the time she was found).

Specifically: How long does the process take? Picked up by garbagemen at my house on Horton (say Tuesday 8 a.m.), brought to Rosemary Hill (say Tuesday also whenever that truck is done), brought to Chesser (when? also Tuesday?).

human
12-14-2009, 10:10 PM
I think (and I don't know anymore) that dumpsters were picked up by the same trucks and on the same day as residential in the same neighborhood. That the trucks who had workers jumping off the trucks and manually loading also had "forks" that lifted the dumpsters.

I had asked whether the trash that Somer was in was from Tuesday or whether some Wednesday trash had been brought to Rosemary Hill (by the time she was found).

Specifically: How long does the process take? Picked up by garbagemen at my house on Horton (say Tuesday 8 a.m.), brought to Rosemary Hill (say Tuesday also whenever that truck is done), brought to Chesser (when? also Tuesday?).

I am so confused about this and I am glad you are as well, because I thought why am I not getting this? How hard can it be? It's not rocket science!

Noway
12-14-2009, 10:14 PM
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased FL-Somer Renee Thompson, 7, Orange Park thread #14

Zone info (for garbage pickup)

Noway
12-14-2009, 10:16 PM
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased FL-Somer Renee Thompson, 7, Orange Park thread #13

snipped from link

Horton Dr is in Zone 3 and trash pick-up is on Wednesday .

Trash pick-up for Tuesday is in Zone 2 (zone pdf)

With this in mind ... Somer was put in trash in Zone 2 IF IF IF no trash from Wednesday had yet been brought to Chesser.

camcneishg
12-14-2009, 10:20 PM
sad...I am very interested in the pic of "end of Solomon"....it looks so very nice and clean...totally diff than when I was there on the search....it was FULL of junk cars, truck, boats, it was such a mess down there....now I see none of that there.....

Chili Fries
12-14-2009, 10:31 PM
I believe with all my heart that SP is a good friend to DT. I believe she said he was babysitting that day because she didnt want LE to know the kids were coming home alone. I have reasons to believe this based on facts. I have been warned by some much smarter than me that I cannot share everything with you my friends. But I do ask that you trust me. I will not lie.
Do you believe that DT or SP eventually told LE the truth about this?

trigger
12-14-2009, 10:31 PM
I found this video of garbage men picking up garbage. The truck has a claw thing that grabs the garbage and the men do not even have to get out of the truck. Geez...Sad or Cam..is this the kind of truck used in that area?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB9ePIbRYg8

Noway
12-14-2009, 10:33 PM
I don't remember who verified it for us but OP has manual loading of trash cans. (But I now know that mine is called a Side Loader).

http://www.claycountygov.com/Departments/Environmental/curbside_service.htm

Diena lives outside OP city limits. Gano house is within the city limits.

http://www.greencovesprings.com/
Green Cove Springs

Zone pdf if links works
http://websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6004&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1257075798

camcneishg
12-14-2009, 10:43 PM
here is a pic of one of our garbage truck in my area....I am in Clay county, but not near Gano....
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2546/3864083714_86de694843.jpg&imgrefurl=http://flickr.com/photos/35283282%40N08/3864083714&usg=__dy1lpQ8kO4GDRy-p5JnJx43Ijwo=&h=375&w=500&sz=113&hl=en&start=8&um=1&tbnid=i8LtDG3-KRAjMM:&tbnh=98&tbnw=130&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dadvanced%2Bdisposal%2Btrucks%26hl%3De n%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1

camcneishg
12-14-2009, 10:46 PM
well, if anyone lives close enough OPAA, drive by there Wed morning about 8:30 and see what kind of truck picks up that dumpster.....then we would know for sure....LOL

Noway
12-14-2009, 10:47 PM
here is a pic of one of our garbage truck in my area....I am in Clay county, but not near Gano....
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2546/3864083714_86de694843.jpg&imgrefurl=http://flickr.com/photos/35283282%40N08/3864083714&usg=__dy1lpQ8kO4GDRy-p5JnJx43Ijwo=&h=375&w=500&sz=113&hl=en&start=8&um=1&tbnid=i8LtDG3-KRAjMM:&tbnh=98&tbnw=130&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dadvanced%2Bdisposal%2Btrucks%26hl%3De n%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1

I wish it was from the other direction! Do you know whether they have arms in front for picking up dumpsters (commercial)?

Noway
12-14-2009, 10:50 PM
Did I miss that SP was not at the house when kids came home? Surely it would enter her mind that LE would find out that the kids were home alone and that lying would make it worse?

camcneishg
12-14-2009, 10:53 PM
I wish it was from the other direction! Do you know whether they have arms in front for picking up dumpsters (commercial)?I do not see any arms....

camcneishg
12-14-2009, 10:54 PM
http://www.advanceddisposal.com/Images/Commercial_GeneralBiz.jpg
ARMS!!!

paris_paris
12-14-2009, 10:54 PM
That name sounds so familiar for some reason......:waitasec:

I'm goin' to the garage for a smoke - hopefully when I return and refresh, someone will correct me...........

That's strange. snoopyone is a poster from here. hmmm

sadnpod
12-14-2009, 10:56 PM

I think its a fire sensor

Noway
12-14-2009, 11:10 PM
http://www.advanceddisposal.com/Images/Commercial_GeneralBiz.jpg
ARMS!!!

So my hallucination that commercial dumpsters were picked up by the same trucks that picked up the residential might be valid. :)

Noway
12-14-2009, 11:11 PM
I think its a fire sensor

I don't think it's legal to have cameras in bathrooms. So I am going with the fire sensor.

ETA could be way wrong on that though (http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/usworld/news-article.aspx?storyid=48211)

sadnpod
12-14-2009, 11:13 PM
Did I miss that SP was not at the house when kids came home? Surely it would enter her mind that LE would find out that the kids were home alone and that lying would make it worse?

I think he was there, but it was a coincidence, from the lunch meeting, I dont think the kids knew he was there and that dt came up with babysitting to cover no one usually at home.

sadnpod
12-14-2009, 11:15 PM
So my hallucination that commercial dumpsters were picked up by the same trucks that picked up the residential might be valid. :)

if you mean business dumpsters.. that size dumpster yes,,, I have the same hallucination as you again noway!

camcneishg
12-14-2009, 11:17 PM
ok, from reading some...the town of OP has their own trash service....could not find out if it was "Advanced Disposal", or not.....out side of the town of OP, uses Advanced Disposal....wonder what the town uses??? I can make a few calls tomorrow and try to find out.....the pics of the trucks that I posted, are two diff trucks I think.....diff one for dumpsters....I think.....

Noway
12-14-2009, 11:18 PM
I think he was there, but it was a coincidence, from the lunch meeting, I dont think the kids knew he was there and that dt came up with babysitting to cover no one usually at home.

I thought they said there was "typically an adult there to meet them" because if Somer was found, things would likely go back the way they were ... and they didn't want to announce to the public and the RSO-filled neighborhood that these kids were home alone from 3-5 ... more to protect the kids.

Noway
12-14-2009, 11:21 PM
if you mean business dumpsters.. that size dumpster yes,,, I have the same hallucination as you again noway!

LOL get out of my head!

I did a search of the threads for
garbage
trash
waste

http://websleuths.com/forums/search.php?searchid=2649972

or http://websleuths.com/forums/search.php?searchid=2650027

It only gave me the last 500 (and for threads other than Somer T.) but I know we talked about it from October 21 on.

Okay ... tweaked search and went from other direction (this will be the first threads of Somer case starting on page 8)
http://websleuths.com/forums/search.php?searchid=2649982&pp=25&page=8

camcneishg
12-14-2009, 11:22 PM
I thought DT said that the neighborhood kept an eye on the kids.....

New1
12-14-2009, 11:25 PM
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased FL-Somer Renee Thompson, 7, Orange Park thread #13 (http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4371647&postcount=687)

snipped from link

With this in mind ... Somer was put in trash in Zone 2 IF IF IF no trash from Wednesday had yet been brought to Chesser.

Now I'm confused too.....imagine that! If Somer was put in trash from Zone 2 and that trash was picked up on Tuesday, what about DT's neighbor's statement that the trash had already been taken, " take that however you want to" or something like that - wasn't that statement made on Tuesday?
Was Tuesday garbage pick not suppose to be in Zone 3 where DT lives? Was it done a day early, or does Zone 2 and 3 both get picked up on Tuesday?

camcneishg
12-14-2009, 11:25 PM
LOL get out of my head!

I did a search of the threads for
garbage
trash
waste

http://websleuths.com/forums/search.php?searchid=2649972

It only gave me the last 500 (and for threads other than Somer T.) but I know we talked about it from October 21 on.was it ever settled?? what did you come up with?? LOL

LLLindsayy
12-14-2009, 11:28 PM
I don't think it's legal to have cameras in bathrooms. So I am going with the fire sensor.

ETA could be way wrong on that though (http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/usworld/news-article.aspx?storyid=48211)

I think they are legal as long as they aren't pointed at sensitive areas. I'm pretty sure I've seen some in bathrooms myself. I think they could be pointed at the sinks or the door and be just as legal as a camera in a store... they are public restrooms after all.

camcneishg
12-14-2009, 11:28 PM
Now I'm confused too.....imagine that! If Somer was put in trash from Zone 2 and that trash was picked up on Tuesday, what about DT's neighbor's statement that the trash had already been taken, " take that however you want to" or something like that - wasn't that statement made on Tuesday?
Was Tuesday garbage pick not suppose to be in Zone 3 where DT lives? Was it done a day early, or does Zone 2 and 3 both get picked up on Tuesday?I couldn't get the zone map to come up visible enough for me to tell where the zones are.....but I know that the "town" of OP starts like less than a block away from DT's house....DT's house is NOT in the "town" limits, but the Gano home is....

sadnpod
12-14-2009, 11:30 PM
Please forgive me if my photobucket name was not funny to everyone. I wish I could change it, but i would have to start all over again and whats the point.

I am ready to follow trash trucks around now, but then I might be accused of stalking trash trucks. That dumpster in the parking lot by hooters, hmmmm. But the one at
OPJH makes sense cause they moved there. There are as many possible dumpsters as there are perps. Its mind boggeling.

camcneishg
12-14-2009, 11:33 PM
Wed morning Sad.....go follow that one from the ball park, it will prob go straight up Gano to OPJH.......

camcneishg
12-14-2009, 11:34 PM
the Green cove springs site says that the town of OP has their own trash service....I am not sure what that means....outside the town...like me...we pay for it on our prop. taxes....they must do it diff in the town...

bkcrt
12-14-2009, 11:39 PM
Picture in your mind the scene in Gone With The Wind when Rhett Butler in his alcohol-feuled anger grabs Scarlett, picks her up and runs up the stairs with her. Clark Gable had to do that several times to get a take that would print...now imagine a big strong guy hefting a little 65 lb. girl. With those in mind, I don't think it would be too hard to dump her, especially if the guy is pumped up on adrenaline after having killed her. The rest depends on whether she was in a bag or not, and it has been said that if she was in a bag, she wouldn't be seen (covering or not overhead) and that maybe the bag would deteriorate, rip whatever during the transport process from dumpster to landfill. Again, I just can't see people who do this job routinely being connected to what they are hauling or moving around. A lot of people have been killed, put in the trash and never found.

I have a teenage son. I weigh 140...He regularly lifts me as a joke....and yes, he can lift me over his head. He's only 5'10" but IS strong. I don't see that it would be very difficult for a teen to lift and throw a 65lb child in a dumpster.

Noway
12-14-2009, 11:40 PM
I'm in the garbage pit now.

I'll let you know what I find.

ETA
For those that can't wait until page 20.

Momtective :blowkiss: found that the COMMERCIAL dumpsters and the RESIDENTIAL garbage cans are picked up on the same day in that same area.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - FL - Somer Renee Thompson, 7, Orange Park, Thread 30

New1
12-14-2009, 11:41 PM
[QUOTE=sadnpod;4563676]Please forgive me if my photobucket name was not funny to everyone. I wish I could change it, but i would have to start all over again and whats the point.

I am ready to follow trash trucks around now, but then I might be accused of stalking trash trucks. That dumpster in the parking lot by hooters, hmmmm. But the one at
OPJH makes sense cause they moved there. There are as many possible dumpsters as there are perps. Its mind boggeling.[/QUOTE

How big a city is Orange Park anyway? Sure seems to be a lot of dumpsters there for the size of the city. Maybe it is larger than I thought.

ETA: Sorry Sad, I forgot to quote your post. It's happening again that I am getting sleepy and my mind isn't working well. LOL

sadnpod
12-14-2009, 11:51 PM
Wed morning Sad.....go follow that one from the ball park, it will prob go straight up Gano to OPJH.......

I think I can do that... do u have any idea what time? Is it in any way against the law for me to take pics and follow garabage trucks?

camcneishg
12-14-2009, 11:55 PM
I think I can do that... do u have any idea what time? Is it in any way against the law for me to take pics and follow garabage trucks?I was at the ball park on the Wed after Somer was missing...while standing there, a big trash truck came to empty the dumpster...was thinking now it was prob between 8:00-9:00 am

New1
12-14-2009, 11:56 PM
I think it's time for me to be getting off here very soon. Making a lot of goof ups since I took my sleep meds. I don't want to look like an idiot for very much longer. Please believe me, I am not always this stupid - it's the sleep medication! Honest.

camcneishg
12-14-2009, 11:58 PM
I think it's time for me to be getting off here very soon. Making a lot of goof ups since I took my sleep meds. I don't want to look like an idiot for very much longer. Please believe me, I am not always this stupid - it's the sleep medication! Honest.Scoot over New1, I am right behind you....LOL

Noway
12-14-2009, 11:59 PM
http://www.townoforangepark.com/service_standards.html

(posted by Kaw Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased FL-Somer Renee Thompson, 7, Orange Park thread #10)

The following are service standards for residential/commercial garbage, yard trash and recycling collection services established to meet the needs of residents of the Town or Orange Park. (I think that should be Town of Orange Park).

Dumpsters for commercial use shall be enclosed and visually screened in an effective manner (OP 2.05.17.000).

Momtective rocks :blowkiss:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased FL-Somer Renee Thompson, 7, Orange Park thread #12

Originally Posted by cathdawg http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4362749#post4362749)
Please correct me if I am wrong but I would think that these kind of commercial use dumpsters have different haulers as opposed to residential carriers.

No, when I called the City of OP I was told that commercial business dumpsters from the city and businesses are picked up by the city along with household garbage on the same collection days.
Private contractor dumpsters for construction are emptied by that contractor not the city. The one at the 1080 Gano house was contracted through Amason's http://maps.google.com/maps/place?so...19063893251076 (http://maps.google.com/maps/place?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=Commercial+dumpsters+Orange+Park+Fl&fb=1&gl=us&hq=Commercial+dumpsters&hnear=Orange+Park+Fl&cid=11257619063893251076)

human
12-15-2009, 12:00 AM
Please forgive me if my photobucket name was not funny to everyone. I wish I could change it, but i would have to start all over again and whats the point.

OPJH makes sense cause they moved there. There are as many possible dumpsters as there are perps. Its mind boggeling.

Your pictures are fabulous and obviously took a lot of work. So many possibilities.

camcneishg
12-15-2009, 12:00 AM
what ever the date is on the pics that I posted last time (correct date)....that day there were trash cans "empty" all over the place, like it had been dumped that morning, not dumpsters, but residential.....as a matter of fact, I now remember going around a trash truck on Gano while going to look at DR's house....now, what day was that????let me go look

New1
12-15-2009, 12:02 AM
Well, goodnight folks. There was a big clap of thunder that almost shook the house, so now I KNOW I'm getting off this computer. That must have been my SECOND sign.

sadnpod
12-15-2009, 12:05 AM
Did anyone notice the turtle pics? where is infinity?

camcneishg
12-15-2009, 12:07 AM
my pics were on Nov 6th....this was a FRIDAY!!! OH NO NO NO!!! HERE WE GO!!!! Bedtime for sure now....

Noway
12-15-2009, 12:08 AM
I saw the turtles. Wasn't someone (iwannano maybe?) going to try to ask Diena about the significance (if any) of turtles to Somer?

sadnpod
12-15-2009, 12:08 AM
my pics were on nov 6th....this was a friday!!! Oh no no no!!! Here we go!!!! Bedtime for sure now....

roflmao....

Noway
12-15-2009, 12:09 AM
my pics were on Nov 6th....this was a FRIDAY!!! OH NO NO NO!!! HERE WE GO!!!! Bedtime for sure now....

LMAO but I don't think there is a smiley for what I'm feeling!

:banghead:
@#$%()* garbage! :)

I'm going to bed too ...

camcneishg
12-15-2009, 12:09 AM
maybe friday is recycle day....LOL

sadnpod
12-15-2009, 12:10 AM
I saw the turtles. Wasn't someone (iwannano maybe?) going to try to ask Diena about the significance (if any) of turtles to Somer?
yes, but we never got an answer, neither did infinity last we heard.

camcneishg
12-15-2009, 12:23 AM
human, the ones you are talking about are big ones, like the one at the Gano home....those are brought in and picked up when full, or whenever you call for pick up....and a diff company does this...OP is serviced by their own Trash service...must be "Town of OP Public works", not sure...outside of the town of OP uses Advanced Disposal....this is the rest of Clay County.....at least this is what I know anyway.....

sadnpod
12-15-2009, 12:36 AM
12/16 wlk pretrial starts..if its not postponed

sadnpod
12-15-2009, 12:37 AM
O/T

hi 4 mer... how u b?

4mer.naybor
12-15-2009, 12:53 AM
O/T

hi 4 mer... how u b?

crap, i fell asleep with the laptop on again.....sorry

im good and tired, how are you?

sadnpod
12-15-2009, 12:57 AM
crap, i fell asleep with the laptop on again.....sorry

im good and tired, how are you?

LOL, I almost did the same... Im going to download videos and hit the hay.. got company in town you know? Good nite all.. post videos tomorrow..

ChickenPants
12-15-2009, 01:11 AM
Just some of my thoughts today. Yesterday and today have been hard days. I feel her with me so much when I am by that irrigation ditch. For some I can see how it would be scary, but to a kid left to wander, this place would have had massive appeal to me. Its pretty secluded, and there are turtles! Did anyone notice? There is a dumpster at an RSO's house. But I think LE would have this person if thats where she was found. The dumpster locations are endless in that area, much less from there to GCS, and I looked today at those., WLK would have plenty of places. I still dont discount him.

I too am glad to see you back mommaD.... thank you chic for sharing... all of you for sharing.

I am so very sad for somer, st, at, ac.. her tiny grave is heartbreaking.

I havent had time to catch up..only at page 10, but i have to spend time with my mother.. thank god. She will be home from work soon.. so til then..

I believe with all my heart that SP is a good friend to DT. I believe she said he was babysitting that day because she didnt want LE to know the kids were coming home alone. I have reasons to believe this based on facts. I have been warned by some much smarter than me that I cannot share everything with you my friends. But I do ask that you trust me. I will not lie. But I also know each word is from my perspective and I trust all of you to take it as such. Believe me or not, but please know that my heart just wants to see justice for somer, and for every child to be safe, loved, cared for and given the attention they need. We are all on the same side in this, whether we agree or disagree.. I also believe that..

Sadnpod, I do not understand why DT would ask SP to babysit "because she didn't want LE to know the kids were coming home alone..." Are you saying he really was NOT babysitting that day? If he was not babysitting, what was he doing there at the time the kids got home and why did he indicate in his statement that he was babysitting when interviewed? Did they have a chance to discuss this before the LE interviews? If his babysitting was not true, then they would have deliberately misled police in the investigation.

ChickenPants
12-15-2009, 01:22 AM

I'm sure a lot of people are really sincere - especially when outraged, they want to find a way to express and deal with their own grief. What I don't like is mob mentality. There are always people there to be entertained, whether they realize it or not. This is why I have felt DT made mistakes showing herself so much. In many ways, the focus was on her, not the child...Birth, death, especially murder, are very profound, intimate things. Not in today's world. It seems like it's all about jumping on some bandwagon, and then when it gets boring, you find out who really cares(d). You don't see many people interested now, which is why I like you people a lot.

I also read that when the bikers did their fund-raiser, they were out literally taking over the streets and disrupting traffic, etc. I don't like entitlement, with individuals or groups. That's just me. I don't feel that any of these activties were appropriate for the questionable COD of an innocent child. But again MOO.

ChickenPants
12-15-2009, 01:31 AM
I thought they said there was "typically an adult there to meet them" because if Somer was found, things would likely go back the way they were ... and they didn't want to announce to the public and the RSO-filled neighborhood that these kids were home alone from 3-5 ... more to protect the kids.

Ok if what you are all saying is true - that SP allegedly was NOT there to wait for the kids ... then why would DT go on TV and keep making remarks over and over that it was a safe neighborhood where all of the kids walked home, and she had no idea ANYTHING could ever happen, and by the way, she was not eligible for busing, etc., it just sounds like based on your premise she is digging herself in even deeper. Especially since so many people were outraged that this woman could be called to account, being a poor single mom with no child care arrangements. Public sentiment was clearly on her side.

And if he was not there to pick up kids, it looks pretty suspicious that she came home for lunch with him, he stayed there all day (for what reason) and was there when the kids got home. And then sent the two little ones out to look for Somer. It just casts a damning light on him all around. And finally, if they lied about that, what other things did they lie about?

ChickenPants
12-15-2009, 01:59 AM
I tried to go to sleep, I average one hour and then up like ready to start the day. I have a plan. Bear with me.

Based on the idea of re-interviewing, I would like to re-interview some persons I have questions for. If you feel this is helpful, great. If not, please feel free to let me know.

S.P.

- It has been stated that you are a "very, very good family friend". Yet you were never asked to babysit before. Can you tell us why you were asked on this particular day?

- You state your business is at a lending company. Did you work that day? If not, was it a planned day off? Had you planned to lunch with DT previously? Was there a particular purpose for the lunch, or was it just a social invitation? If you left work to meet DT for lunch, did you call your employer and request to have the rest of the day off?

- You work for another business called "Indigo Healing" where you previously listed that you specialized in treating young children and adults. Did you ever treat anyone in this family? Can you tell us why you have taken chldren as a specialization off of your website?

- As a family friend, do you have much contact with the other members of the family? Do you ever stay at the family home? Are you friends with CPC?

- How long have you known DT and her children? Was your relationship with her ever been more than friendly? When she became involved with CPC did your relationship change? Do you have a comfortable relationship with the children? Has DT ever shared with you any information about problems in the home involving the children, especially Somer?

- Can you account for your whereabouts from the time you had lunch with DT until the children arrived home? Did you arrive there earlier than DT? DO you have a key? Were you there alone? Is there anyone who can vouch for the time you came to and arrived at the home?

- Can you explain why you sent the children out to look for their sister and did not accompany them on this search? Why did you send the sister out a second time? Why did you not want to inform DT of the situation?

- Can you explain why you did not call DT when Somer did not arrive home and waited until you allegedly received a text message from her? Had DT informed you that Somer did this frequently and just to keep an eye out for her eventually showing up?

- Is there any reason that you did not call any of the neighbors provided for on the list by DT or even 9-1-1- when the children arrived home after the second search without having found their sister?

- When DT texted you and you responded that Somer did not return home, what was her immediate reaction? Did she tell you to stay at the home, or send the children out to look for their sister? Did she inform you that she would be leaving work, calling her boyfriend, or going to the park to pick up her older son? Did she say she would be searching in the park? Did she say she was going to alert the authorities? Did she say that Somer often did this and not to worry? What did she say?

- Did you discuss any of this with DT before you were initially interviewed by police? Can you recall any information that may be different from what you originally said?

- Do you know why CPC decided to take Somer's twin with him to seach the neighborhood and not AT? Were you left in charge of AT? Did AT share with you any of the information about what happened on that walk home?

- please account for your whereabouts after you were interviewed.

As far as I can tell, none of these questions has been answered. Please share your thoughts if you are so inclined. Feel free to re-interview anyone you think may know more than they have said...

tarabull
12-15-2009, 02:40 AM
I've always thought SP was there first as a friend for lunch and then as an Indigo Healer that afternoon.

From the MPR "she said they met for lunch today at her residence. she said she then asked s patton to stay at her house and wait for the children to get home from school. She said s patton does not usually watch the children, however she said he said yes and he stayed at the residence while she went back to work."

Hopefully LE is doing whatever it is they need to do - in order to review SP's client files.

eta: AND if i had to guess who his session was with - it wasn't the adults in the house - remember he updated his healing website to include ADULTS after Somer disappeared. (Didn't want anyone suspicious of who he was 'treating' it might raise eyebrows...)

sorrell skye
12-15-2009, 03:09 AM

Why yes - now that you mention it - someone did - gee, who might that have been many many threads ago when her pretty chestnut horsey said to her "Sorrell, could this possibly be a staged crime scene?"

Thank you for bringing it up again, Noway!

In answer to your question - yes - I did consider it. Hopefully, LE has considered it, as well, and aren't being led on a wild goose chase by what they may or may have not found with the victim's body at the landfill.

ETA: There have been rumors on top of rumors, and hopefully we will know truth from rumor very soon.