PDA

View Full Version : UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #3

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

GingerRed
12-18-2009, 08:56 PM
rewatching the uncut video, all I could see is he reaches out with his right hand to shake the reporters hand twice.
Holds keys and adjusts his hat with only his left hand.
Wearing a golden wedding band.
Freshly shaven face, would think after 17 hours+ with no sleep, missing wife,
he would look disheaveled........ unless he has very light facial hair.
I watched it mute to see more bodylanguage......I'll watch and listen next.

Good observations!

I'm getting hung up when he starts the camping story. "Yeah, umm..." the way he starts off just rings of BS to me.

ETA: Did he just say she DID NOT lay down at 5?

Texas Mist
12-18-2009, 09:03 PM
Good observations!

I'm getting hung up when he starts the camping story. "Yeah, umm..." the way he starts off just rings of BS to me.

ETA: Did he just say she DID NOT lay down at 5?

that's what I thought I heard, GingerRed....and goes on to mumble about her going to bed later...ITA - he's full of it....if one didn't listen to that vid, ya wouldn't guess that it was a husband of a missing wife being interviewed....just watching w/ no audio he might as well be talking about someone bashing in his mailbox, or stealing tires off his car. :mad:

passionflower
12-18-2009, 09:14 PM
In video, he swallows hard, has allot of ummmssss..........
then he says:
I camped with my boys, I gotta git my boys.
She never left over night.
Didn't tell kids anything yet, just went to bed.
Susan was ok, feeling fine, just went to bed.
"Basically ummm I'm just trying to figure out what to do, find her life in general. we went down south ummmmmm"
I guess I better go................DAH
what a waste of time with Josh, IMO.............

passionflower
12-18-2009, 09:17 PM
No worry, no desperation, no emotions in Josh.............he's goofy
and is that a half smile? smirk? nerves that makes his mouth curl up on 1 side?
Anyone ever see any one do that?
It fascinates me because I have never seen it before him!

GingerRed
12-18-2009, 09:24 PM

You have a much kinder nature than most.

I've already seen the ages old term "mouth breather" bandied about on local news comment boards.

smart blonde
12-18-2009, 09:31 PM

I've already seen the ages old term "mouth breather" bandied about on local news comment boards.
(respectfully...) Huh?

lol! I don't believe I have ever heard that term before. Do they mean he does that weird lip thing because he breathes through his mouth?

Fairy1
12-18-2009, 09:31 PM
I really think he's a total dunce. There is no way he can pull this off - even with his fancy attorney advising him and speaking on his behalf. He will slip up - even more than he already has with his ridiculous story of what happened that night.

passionflower
12-18-2009, 09:36 PM
NG still hung up on TWoods....................blah

GingerRed
12-18-2009, 09:36 PM
(respectfully...) Huh?

lol! I don't believe I have ever heard that term before. Do they mean he does that weird lip thing because he breathes through his mouth?

Urban dictionary has a wonderful series of definitions for "mouth breather", and I think the remarks I've seen indicate multiple intentions. I also find it hard to argue with such usage, LOL. I am worried it would not be appropriate to post them here.

SusanB
12-18-2009, 09:38 PM
Hi all, just checking in to see what's new, and obviously nothing is. Joshy is still the same lying sacko' s__t that he was this morning. Frankly, I'm getting sick of seeing his smirks and mumbling of those early interviews, just tell someone - WHERE IS SUSAN?
So he just keeps on holding her family hostage by his silence, and the hurt continues, and he does not care. What a loser.
This beautiful mother of two little ones need to be found and laid to a proper rest with her loving family at her side. (With Josh safely stashed away in jail of course)
Gotta go do a Christmas function, 'later!:furious:

GingerRed
12-18-2009, 09:39 PM
I really think he's a total dunce. There is no way he can pull this off - even with his fancy attorney advising him and speaking on his behalf. He will slip up - even more than he already has with his ridiculous story of what happened that night.

No doubt!!! He's already contradicted Jovanna, the one person who is saying everything seemed fine, by saying Susan didn't lay down at 5. I wonder if he has flip flopped on that in his statements since the channel 2 interview?

Steely Dan
12-18-2009, 09:44 PM
Steely, I think your photobucket link is blowing the margins??

What do you mean? The peace signs on the bottom?

I truly feel that if Josh didn't have an attorney right now, he would break, and give up the information that the authorities need to find Susan.

I'm sure the attorney knows this, too, and this is the main reason he is keeping Josh on such a tight leash. The attorney is afraid Josh will 'spill all' if asked the right questions.

I know that the accussed has the right to representation, and I agree with that right. It's just so frustrating when a beautiful, sweet young woman and mother has vanished into thin air.

How heartbreaking that the man who promised 'before God', to love, honor and cherish her, the same man that should be screaming from the mountaintops, "Please, everyone, help me find my wife!", is instead hindering the investigation, keeping secrets.....

I just feel so badly for Susan, she truly deserves so much better. So does her family that obviously loves her so much.

If he doesn't have a vigorous defense he could win a new trial based on poor representation. Lawyers pushing the edge are actually good things from time to time.

passionflower
12-18-2009, 09:46 PM
No doubt!!! He's already contradicted Jovanna, the one person who is saying everything seemed fine, by saying Susan didn't lay down at 5. I wonder if he has flip flopped on that in his statements since the channel 2 interview?

Betcha!!!

Fairy1
12-18-2009, 09:58 PM
If he doesn't have a vigorous defense he could win a new trial based on poor representation. Lawyers pushing the edge are actually good things from time to time.[/quote]

A very valid point. But I would prefer full disclosure and a confession!

smart blonde
12-18-2009, 10:17 PM
If he doesn't have a vigorous defense he could win a new trial based on poor representation. Lawyers pushing the edge are actually good things from time to time.

I agree... but, in a perfect world, wearing rose-colored glasses... wouldn't it be refreshing if the husband cared more about his wife's body being recovered from the elements, than his criminal defense in some far-off distant trial?

passionflower
12-18-2009, 10:23 PM

LOL, I just had to look it up...........link
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mouthbreather

smart blonde
12-18-2009, 10:25 PM
Only 8 days until Christmas.

I hope this year, and every year hereafter, Josh is haunted by the ghosts of Christmas' passed and Christmas' future (a.k.a. 'what could have been').

I hope and pray Susan's family has the blessing of some sort of closure before this holiday, and doesn't have to imagine her body out there exposed, frozen, alone. As a mother, I can't even imagine the agony of Christmas without knowing where my daughter is.

passionflower
12-18-2009, 10:31 PM

I hope this year, and every year hereafter, Josh is haunted by the ghosts of Christmas' passed and Christmas' future (a.k.a. 'what could have been').

I hope and pray Susan's family has the blessing of some sort of closure before this holiday, and doesn't have to imagine her body out there exposed, frozen, alone. As a mother, I can't even imagine the agony of Christmas without knowing where my daughter is.

If he really LOVES his sons, he would let this be over now!
JP was suppose to be mad that Susan bought her sons Christmas gifts.
The last loving thing she did for her sons, wonder if JP will be hero dad when he gives them to her sons?
Susan wanted her sons to have a great Christmas despite their father's demands and lack of money.
I only hope someday her sons will know how much she LOVED them!

Fairy1
12-18-2009, 10:35 PM

I hope so too, SB. It's so much worse for something like this to happen during the holiday season. Those poor, sweet little boys should have their Mommy and her family should have their daughter/granddaughter/sister/aunt. :furious:

lonetraveler
12-18-2009, 10:36 PM

Well, I think that I can safely say that he is not trying to impersonate Elvis. Not trying to be funny here, Elvis is famous for his lip curl. I think the word "derision" when I see Josh's lip curl. IMO, he thinks everyone is an idiot except for himself.

omegagal
12-18-2009, 10:40 PM
Subpoenas, Lack of Timeline

http://connect2utah.com/content/news/story/?cid=67911

Did he say that they went to an undisclosed area and are searching???

lonetraveler
12-18-2009, 10:40 PM

Clicked on your link. I think I like this one the best: anyone who you see with their mouth wide open, like a booger has clogged their nasal orifice. They just look like they're dumb, doing everything with their mouth open, with no care in the world.

passionflower
12-18-2009, 10:43 PM
Well, I think that I can safely say that he is not trying to impresonate Elvis. Not trying to be funny here, Elvis is famous for his lip curl. I think the word "derision" when I see Josh's lip curl. IMO, he thinks everyone is an idiot except for himself.

I forgot about seeing Elvis, his was sexy like........not this guy!

lonetraveler
12-18-2009, 10:46 PM
The last loving thing she did for her sons, wonder if JP will be hero dad when he gives them to her sons?
Susan wanted her sons to have a great Christmas despite their father's demands and lack of money.

IMO, his love for himself is getting in the way.:loser:

lonetraveler
12-18-2009, 10:47 PM
I forgot about seeing Elvis, his was sexy like........not this guy!

Definitely not like Elvis. This guy curls his lip in derision at everyone else. He is a very weak, little, powerless man who wanted to control and own his wife and his little boys.

lonetraveler
12-18-2009, 10:50 PM

I see him as a sniveling coward...........

kiki the parrot
12-18-2009, 10:57 PM
I agree... but, in a perfect world, wearing rose-colored glasses... wouldn't it be refreshing if the husband cared more about his wife's body being recovered from the elements, than his criminal defense in some far-off distant trial?

Wouldn't it... I am disgusted to think he instead actually prolongs this in the belief time will work in his favor :mad:

A most unfortunate term, when given political overtones... :rolleyes: Let's not go there... shall we... :biggrin:

:parrot:

soyesterday
12-18-2009, 11:03 PM
This case is so sad. It's Christmas time and these two little kids don't have their mommy. :(
My heart hurts tonight for them and for their mommy. :( :(

emmcee
12-18-2009, 11:17 PM
Okay, an hour or two ago I gave a link to a DeseretNews conversation in which "Wayne" a supposed friend of Josh was commenting. Now I see in the DeseretNews a newer article entitled "Friend sticks up for Josh Powell". And that friend is named Wayne: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705352578/Friend-sticks-up-for-Josh-Powell.html

For whatever it's worth.

kiki the parrot
12-18-2009, 11:27 PM
Okay, an hour or two ago I gave a link to a DeseretNews conversation in which "Wayne" a supposed friend of Josh was commenting. Now I see in the DeseretNews a newer article entitled "Friend sticks up for Josh Powell". And that friend is named Wayne: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705352578/Friend-sticks-up-for-Josh-Powell.html

For whatever it's worth.

Thanks mc... "I don't know if he has anything to hide. I told him, 'Don't tell me anything. Don't talk to me (about Susan Powell's disappearance),' " he said. Doesn't exactly sound to me like a man who believes in his friend's innocence... JMO

Vegas Bride
12-18-2009, 11:29 PM
IMO right now Josh has exactly what he wanted. He is in control! He knows how badly Susans family wants answers and he is controling their pain. He is in control of their son's Christmas, Susan will not be allowed to do the things she'd planned to make it special for them. He is feeling all powerful, everyone wants something and he's not giving.
ughhh he makes me sick! Please please please let there be evidence so he can be locked up!! I so want to see him being lead into a courtroom in cuffs!! He will not be feeling in control when he hears those heavy doors slam shut!

VB

hellolisakitty
12-18-2009, 11:35 PM

For whatever it's worth.

"There is nobody being nice to him," Hamberg said. "Everyone is treating him like a Mark Hacking or Scott Peterson."

Um, ya!

Vegas Bride
12-18-2009, 11:38 PM
"There is nobody being nice to him," Hamberg said. "Everyone is treating him like a Mark Hacking or Scott Peterson."

Um, ya!

well you know, if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck........

even an inmate I was talking to today compared him to Hacking.

VB

hellolisakitty
12-18-2009, 11:41 PM
Take a look at the comment left at 752pm. Has this been brought up before? Maybe I missed it... if true, that is REALLY sketchy.

http://www.deseretnews.com/user/comments/705352578/Friend-sticks-up-for-Josh-Powell.html

GingerRed
12-18-2009, 11:55 PM
Take a look at the comment left at 752pm. Has this been brought up before? Maybe I missed it... if true, that is REALLY sketchy.

http://www.deseretnews.com/user/comments/705352578/Friend-sticks-up-for-Josh-Powell.html

I'm not finding an online story stating that yet. If true, it would be *very* sketchy indeed.

nursebeeme
12-18-2009, 11:56 PM
steely dan.. before you post again shrink your links.... they are blowing my margins on every page of this thread... I say this in good sport friend!

GingerRed
12-18-2009, 11:56 PM

Um, ya!

Looks like Josh's buddy is having a Captain Obvious moment and doesn't even realize it.

Ween
12-19-2009, 12:04 AM

Um, ya!

Grrr..."there is nobody being nice" to SUSAN because she is missing and most likely dead because of this sociopath.

I can't believe I'm going to compliment Mark Hacking, but at least he finally fessed up to what he had done so Lori's family knew definitively that she was no longer alive and would not be coming home.

Texas Mist
12-19-2009, 12:15 AM
I'm not finding an online story stating that yet. If true, it would be *very* sketchy indeed.

I wonder if that was the rental car he was getting out of that was shown in the channel 2 News video?

At any rate, if he did have a rental for 24 hours, hopefully it'll be one w/ GPS on it...most rental cars have them these days....maybe he did some other stupid stuff to lead LE right where they need to go....(and hopefully didn't go in the opposite direction of where LE s/b checking out).

Texas Mist
12-19-2009, 12:23 AM

Um, ya!

when I read that article @ deseretnews that emmcee linked, all I could say to myself was boo-effin'-hoo, Josh....here we go w/ another attempt at pity party for him....his friend "Wayne" is lame, too -- how could he not care about Susan & her family who is *suffering* right now??!! What about those little boys who have "overheard" (according to Josh) people talking about their mom?

Wake up Wayne -- there's reason people are treating him like Hacking or SP.

hellolisakitty
12-19-2009, 12:26 AM
I wonder if that was the rental car he was getting out of that was shown in the channel 2 News video?

At any rate, if he did have a rental for 24 hours, hopefully it'll be one w/ GPS on it...most rental cars have them these days....maybe he did some other stupid stuff to lead LE right where they need to go....(and hopefully didn't go in the opposite direction of where LE s/b checking out).

I was wondering that too being that they only had one vehicle - the van... at the time I just figured a friend/family member let him use it, but maybe not. It was a Subaru, right? I think. Typically car rental companies do not carry Subaru, but many of the local agencies here do because they do god in the snow with the AWD... so very possible.

Dum-Dum Sucker
12-19-2009, 12:29 AM

Um, ya!

:boohoo: Oh, Boo-Hoo-Hoo. Nobody's being nice to Joshie.

Fairy1
12-19-2009, 12:33 AM

Um, ya!

Boo hoo. He's not laying out in the snow, dead and cold somewhere. Is he?

passionflower
12-19-2009, 12:36 AM
WHERE DOES Josh all of a sudden get cash for a camping trip and rent a car when he said that Susan couldn't buy Christmas presents for her sons?
Why not 'borrow' a car with relatives to search.
IMO JP never lookeed for Susan UNLESS he went back like Scott P to make sure she was still there and not popping up to be found!!!

passionflower
12-19-2009, 12:48 AM
Friend said he rented a car and left again for 24 hours, is that right?
That's a long time IMO, and no one followe him???
That is bizarre when from the beginning things lookd bad for JP..............
Is LE that dumb to let him run again?? If this comment is true!

smart blonde
12-19-2009, 12:51 AM
I see him as a sniveling coward...........
Yeah... how much do you want to bet he cries when they slap the handcuffs on him, and he's doing his 'perp walk' to the county jail?

Of course, the tears will only be for himself.

Melanie
12-19-2009, 12:56 AM
Friend said he rented a car and left again for 24 hours, is that right?
That's a long time IMO, and no one followe him???
That is bizarre when from the beginning things lookd bad for JP..............
Is LE that dumb to let him run again?? If this comment is true!

I can't imagine the police would take the van and NOT follow Josh. That just doesn't make sense to me. Even Scott Peterson was on GPS when he rented cars and went to the bay to watch the activity where he drowned Laci and Connor. I think there's more to the story here than we know.

Mel

Texas Mist
12-19-2009, 12:57 AM
<snip>

Police serve subpoena at ABC 4 studios

Reported by: Brent Hunsaker
Last Update: 9:38 pm

WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah (ABC 4 News) - Early Friday evening a detective with the West Valley Police Department served a subpoena to ABC 4 News Director Matt Malyn. The subpoena's language broadly asked for video related to the Susan Powell missing person case. But detectives only seemed interested in one tape containing the original interview with Josh Powell conducted last week on the steps of the Powell family home in West Valley. In fact, police also delivered similar subpoenas at the other TV news organizations in Salt Lake City seeking raw tape of their interviews with Powell.

more here

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top%20stories/story/Police-serve-subpoena-at-ABC-4-studios/49hPU70Ynk2DyPCbEJpQsg.cspx

Texas Mist
12-19-2009, 01:09 AM
here's link to the video talking about Josh renting the car & disappearing for 24 hours....the reporter also asks McLachlan about using chemicals & a light inside the house on "the wet spot"....she also reports LE found a carpet cleaning machine (but that's not a surprise to me if it's one they own in a house that has carpeting -- however, if it's one of those heavy duty rented carpet cleaners...hmmmmm)

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-police-puzzled-utah-moms-disappearance,0,3590060.story

omegagal
12-19-2009, 01:18 AM
Father of Kiplyn Davis speaks to ABC-4 about the disappearance of Susan Powell.

http://www.abc4.com/content/about_4/links_numbers/story/Father-of-Kiplyn-Davis-speaks-to-ABC4-about/wVE0NjLflkGrw5eg-nrzCA.cspx

Steely Dan
12-19-2009, 01:22 AM
Subpoenas, Lack of Timeline

http://connect2utah.com/content/news/story/?cid=67911

Did he say that they went to an undisclosed area and are searching???

"His timeline is still unverified," Capt. Mc Lachlan told 2News Friday, while hinting Powell's lawyer Scott Williams has objected to that line of questioning. "His attorney has proposed a method of questioning that is totally unacceptable to us," he said.

Capt. Mc Lachlan walked into the interrogation room where Josh lay face down on the massage table with a towel covering his buttocks and a buxom masseuse massaging his feet.

"Hey Josh the chef want's to know how you like your steak cooked." Mc Lachlan asks.

"YOU DON'T HAVE TO ANSWER THAT JOSH!!" Mr. Williams shrieks.

"Jeez dude, chillax your harshing my happy place." Josh says exasperated. His lawyer moves up to his head and they whisper back and forth.

"Mr. Powell takes his steak medium rare," his lawyer says finally.

"Soup or salad?" Mc Lachlan asks. More whispering goes on.

"He will have both or the deals off!"

Captain Mc Lachlan sighs. "That wasn't part of the original deal, counselor."

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further." Mr. Williams hisses.

"Hold on I'll be back." Mc Lachlan leaves the room.

"Look Josh you need to order cream of mushroom. Any broth based soups are gonna work against you in court. Also, go for the low fat dressings it will look like you care about yourself and therefore care about others, got it!

"Mmmmmm, yeah baby that's the spot just a little harder there", Josh said.

"Josh! Did you hear me!"

"Jeez you're uptight. Chillax dude. Can I have clam chowder and light Italian?" Williams scratches his chin for awhile.

"Yeah, that's ok." Captain Mc Lachlan enters the room.

"We'll do soup and salad but the whole lobster is only gonna be a tail now." Williams approaches Powell and more whispering occurs. A vigorous argument seems to be taking place. The hand gestures get more and more tense as the whispering starts to rise to almost audible and then it stops.

"Ok, lobster tail but my client wants a better desert than a piece of chocolate cake."

"I've been approved to make that a' la mode but you'll have to agree to a couple more questions.

"Alright, alright. We're still waiting on the big screen TV and the fluffy house robe. We also want a bottle of wine."

"Nice try counselor, but you know the whole thing can be thrown out if he's under the influence." Captain Mc Lachlan said matter of factly.

"Ok, ok just get the big screen here. The Jazz game starts in 15 minutes."

"Ok let me see the list for dinner. So that's gonna be steak, medium rare, lobster tail, clam chowder and a salad with light Italian. What's the decision on fries or baked potato?"

"Baked potato with sour cream chives. Easy on the chives, heavy on the sour cream."

"Ok, this should take about 30 minutes to prepare. We have agreed that after the Jazz game he'll answer some questions, right?"

"That's the deal, in the sauna right?" Williams says with a crooked smile. Captain Mc Lachlan leaves the room.

"Dude, why'd you agree to the extra questions. That sucks!" Josh whined.

"Do you really think I'm going to advise you to answer any of their questions? They'll be lucky to get name and address."

"You public defenders aren't nearly as incompetent as you'd think" Josh says with a moan.

steely dan.. before you post again shrink your links.... they are blowing my margins on every page of this thread... I say this in good sport friend!

I'll try another method and let me know if it works when I post one again.

Angel Who Cares
12-19-2009, 01:45 AM
Police serve subpoena at ABC 4 studios
Last Update: 9:38 pm
<snipped>
Early Friday evening a detective with the West Valley Police Department served a subpoena to ABC 4 News Director Matt Malyn. The subpoena's language broadly asked for video related to the Susan Powell missing person case. But detectives only seemed interested in one tape containing the original interview with Josh Powell conducted last week on the steps of the Powell family home in West Valley. In fact, police also delivered similar subpoenas at the other TV news organizations in Salt Lake City seeking raw tape of their interviews with Powell.

*I believe this is the video that was subpoenaed(sp), but of course edited! For reference I added all of them from ABC 4 as well.
Video: Missing WVC woman's husband speaks to ABC 4 News 12/11/2009 01:31
Josh Powell, the husband of Susan Powell, spoke to ABC 4 News Thursday night. Susan has been missing since Sunday night.
http://www.abc4.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=95285@ktvx.dayport.com&navCatId=8

Video: Missing West Valley woman update 12/10/2009 01:49
ABC 4 News spoke with Susan Powell's father about her suspicious disappearance.
http://www.abc4.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=95250@ktvx.dayport.com&navCatId=8

Video: Candlelight vigil for missing West Valley Mom 12/11/2009 04:04
Neighbors of Susan Powell gathered in the night cold to light candles and pray for the return of their missing friend.
http://www.abc4.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=95271@ktvx.dayport.com&navCatId=8

Video: Outpouring of online support in the search for Susan Powell 12/12/2009 02:18
It's not just Susan Powell's family, or those who know her well, showing concern tonight. There are several support networks growing online through facebook groups and blogs. ABC4 takes a closer look tonight at this outpouring.
http://www.abc4.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=95294@ktvx.dayport.com&navCatId=8

Video: Missing mom's father talks to ABC 4 12/13/2009 02:16
Charles Cox rifles through pictures of his daughter Susan Powell. For him it's been a rough six days since he learned that she went missing from her West Valley home.
http://www.abc4.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=95298@ktvx.dayport.com&navCatId=8

Video: Search continues for Susan Powell 12/15/2009 03:10
More than a week after Susan Powell mysteriously vanished, friends, family and those touched by the story are still hoping to hear any new information about case.
http://www.abc4.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=95317@ktvx.dayport.com&navCatId=8

Video: Police and person of interest staying silent in case of Susan Powell 12/16/2009 02:58
Josh Powell's defense attorney is keeping mum and police say his silence is hampering their investigation. We talked tonight with "ABC4's Crime Consultant" to gain some insight as to what's going on with the missing person investigation.
http://www.abc4.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=95339@ktvx.dayport.com&navCatId=8

Video: Police suspect foul play in Susan Powell disappearance 12/17/2009 03:28
Police say they suspect foul play in the disappearance of Susan Powell, who has been missing since December 6.
http://www.abc4.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=95358@ktvx.dayport.com&navCatId=8

Video: Susan Powell's family speaks out 12/17/2009 02:14
The family of a Utah mother who has been missing for 10 days said Thursday they are saddened but not surprised that her husband has been named a person of interest in the investigation.
http://www.abc4.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=95377@ktvx.dayport.com&navCatId=8

Video: Experts say controlling behavior is a warning sign for abuse 12/17/2009 02:46
Susan Powell's family speaks with the media. They say there was no sign the missing mother was in danger. Others say she was in a controlling relationship.
http://www.abc4.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=95379@ktvx.dayport.com&navCatId=8

Video: Experts say controlling behavior is a warning sign for abuse 12/17/2009 02:46
Susan Powell's family speaks with the media. They say there was no sign the missing mother was in danger. Others say she was in a controlling relationship.
http://www.abc4.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=95380@ktvx.dayport.com&navCatId=8

Video: Forensic crews ramp up crime investigation at Powell home 12/17/2009 01:38
Crime scene investigators re-entered the home of Josh and Susan Powell on Thursday, as the street surrounding a West Valley neighborhood was sealed off.
http://www.abc4.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=95381@ktvx.dayport.com&navCatId=8

Video: Susan Powell's friends talk to Good Morning Utah 12/18/2009 04:25
Two friends of missing mom, Susan Powell, sit down to share their stories with Marti Skold live on Good Morning Utah
http://www.abc4.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=95383@ktvx.dayport.com&navCatId=8

Video: Susan Powell's family speaks as police serve a search warrant at her house12/18/2009 02:32
Susan Powell is not officially a victim of any crime. Her husband Joshua Powell is not a suspect. Still, the patience of police investigators is wearing thin over his alleged "lack of cooperation" in the search for his missing wife.
http://www.abc4.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=95384@ktvx.dayport.com&navCatId=8

Video: Powell family friend shares inside perspective 12/18/2009 03:28
ABC4 asked a close friend of the Powells, the one who talked with Josh just days after Susan went missing, what he thought about Joshua's alibi, recent silence and something now in the spotlight: Josh and Susan's marriage.
http://www.abc4.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=95385@ktvx.dayport.com&navCatId=8

Video: Friend who last saw Susan talks to ABC4 12/18/09 02:54
It's been eleven days since Susan went missing, but there's one person's story you haven't heard yet: the last person to have spent time with Susan and Josh on the night she went missing.
http://www.abc4.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=95386@ktvx.dayport.com&navCatId=8

Article:
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top%20stories/story/Police-serve-subpoena-at-ABC-4-studios/49hPU70Ynk2DyPCbEJpQsg.cspx
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Police building case to solve missing mom mystery
December 18, 2009
Last Update: 8:04 pm
<snipped>
But authorities won’t say who they’re targeting.

Yesterday, police searched the home of her husband Josh Powell for the second time. In addition, police also used a search warrant to look at Powell’s van last week.

But credit card transactions and cell phone records may offer clues for police.

Police won't say if those records they’re seeking belong to Josh. But historically those kinds of record searches help police.
*Much more at link!

Video: Police building case to solve missing mom mystery 12/18/2009 02:48
http://www.abc4.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=95402@ktvx.dayport.com&navCatId=8

Article:
http://www.abc4.com/mostpopular/story/Police-building-case-to-solve-missing-mom-mystery/SQsurPy820CQZwWdoCrDlw.cspx

:angel:

adnoid
12-19-2009, 01:56 AM

Yeah, and for some reason Verne Troyer (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0873942/) keeps getting cast as a short guy. Go figure.

Texas Mist
12-19-2009, 02:17 AM

For whatever it's worth.

:waitasec:

Whoaa -this story is gone....there were 8 comments & the story when I read it after emmcee posted the link...I went back to check it again & the story is gone, as are the comments....you can see a title on the front page, but when you click the link to the story, it's not there any more. :waitasec:

Guess it didn't go over so well for "Wayne".

ETA: weird -- here's the date for the article

Published: Wednesday, Dec. 31, 1969 5:00 p.m. MST

ETA2 -- found a way to get back to it http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705352578/Friend-speaks-out-in-support-of-Pow.html

kiki the parrot
12-19-2009, 02:24 AM
I couldn't fullscreen the abc link above, but I believe this is one tape being supboenaed evidently. Just trying to figure out what in particular intrigues them re this. JP's hands aren't really visible nor any other telling features I can detect tho when asked he does respond that he last saw Susan "Sunday nite..." (and somebody's cell needs charging I can hear it beep lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g22cLR_YwDU

ETA: See other connect2utah video posted by SuziQ below

hellolisakitty
12-19-2009, 02:30 AM

Whoaa -this story is gone....there were 8 comments & the story when I read it after emmcee posted the link...I went back to check it again & the story is gone, as are the comments....you can see a title on the front page, but when you click the link to the story, it's not there any more. :waitasec:

Guess it didn't go over so well for "Wayne".

ETA: weird -- here's the date for the article

Published: Wednesday, Dec. 31, 1969 5:00 p.m. MST

ETA2 -- found a way to get back to it http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705352578/Friend-speaks-out-in-support-of-Pow.html

It is back now.... I cannot tell if they changed anything on it though.

Angel Who Cares
12-19-2009, 02:31 AM
Friend speaks out in support of Josh Powell
He says he never saw signs of domestic violence at the family's home
Published: Friday, Dec. 18, 2009 11:17 p.m. MST
<snipped>
Wayne Hamberg says the media shouldn't convict Josh Powell despite circumstantial evidence and apparent distance growing between Susan Powell's family and her husband.

"Everyone has beaten on him so badly, including his family. He's on functional shutdown," Hamberg said. "He's emotionally shook up. The only thing he's holding on to is his kids."

Hamberg said Josh Powell "felt so overwhelmed that he needed help," which is why he hired defense attorney Scott Williams. But he does not believe that is an admission of guilt.

"I don't know if he has anything to hide. I told him, 'Don't tell me anything. Don't talk to me (about Susan Powell's disappearance),' " he said. "He was so distraught; he could either be completely overwhelmed or ridden with guilt. I'd like to believe he's innocent."

Article:
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705352578/Friend-speaks-out-in-support-of-Pow.html
Father of Kiplyn Davis speaks to ABC4 about disappearance of Susan Powell
Last Update: 12/18 9:17 pm
<snipped>
There's another Utah family tonight who can relate with what Susan's family is going through. ABC4 spoke with the father of Kiplyn Davis, who disappeared back in 1995.

15-year old Kiplyn went missing some 14 years ago and tonight, her family told me they believe she was murdered. They haven't found Kiplyn's body and Richard Davis says until they do, the pain endures.

Davis says, “You can't eat, you can't sleep, because you don't think your daughter's doing the same things...and she's suffering and you're suffering too….All these feelings come back to me when things like that happen. You just feel so sorry for them.”

Davis tells ABC4 Timmy Brent Olsen is still awaiting trial on murder charges. As for the other man charged with murder in 2003, Christopher Neal Jeppson is serving the next three years in a Denver penitentiary for the obstruction of justice.

Kiplyn Davis
http://www.abc4.com/media/lib/5/3/f/4/3f4950d4-72d5-4786-86cd-606a09c2108c/Story.jpg

"Finding Kiplyn" Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/profile.php?ref=profile&id=100000568662915

Article:
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top%20stories/story/Father-of-Kiplyn-Davis-speaks-to-ABC4-about/wVE0NjLflkGrw5eg-nrzCA.cspx
Josh Powell: Full Interview With 2News
Friday, Dec 18, 2009 @04:29pm CST
<snipped>
2News interviews Josh Powell days after his wife is reported missing. Watch the complete uncut video.
Video:
http://connect2utah.com/media_player.php?media_id=97962

Video: Guest Describes Hours Before Susan Powell Went Missing
http://connect2utah.com/media_player.php?media_id=97832

Video: Susan Powell Day 8 5PM
http://connect2utah.com/media_player.php?media_id=96762

Video: Husband Of Missing Woman Talks 5pm
http://connect2utah.com/media_player.php?media_id=95562

Video: The Latest on Missing Woman Search
http://connect2utah.com/media_player.php?media_id=96062
Subpoenas, Lack Of Timeline, In Powell Case
Friday, Dec 18, 2009 @07:57pm CST
<snipped>
Joshua told reporters and police he went camping in frigid weather with the Powell's two young sons, in a remote area of Tooele County.

But his exact movements during the 17 hour span remain unknown.

"His timeline is still unverified," Capt. Mc Lachlan told 2News Friday, while hinting Powell's lawyer Scott Williams has objected to that line of questioning.

"His attorney has proposed a method of questioning that is totally unacceptable to us," he said.

A campground visitor register did not have Joshua Powell's signature.

Video: Subpoenas, Lack Of Timeline, In Powell Case
http://connect2utah.com/media_player.php?media_id=98071

Article:
http://connect2utah.com/content/news/story?cid=67911
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCmVaIcSWKk
This is part of the clip that LE subpoenaed! It's the one that he is on the porch & the one when he is near is car & says he has to go pick up his children according to the video below this one!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7p8DcqH4yg

Video: Friend who last saw Susan talks to ABC4 12/18/09 2:54
It's been eleven days since Susan went missing, but there's one person's story you haven't heard yet: the last person to have spent time with Susan and Josh on the night she went missing.
http://www.abc4.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=95386@ktvx.dayport.com&navCatId=8

SuziQ
12-19-2009, 02:47 AM
Subpoenas have been issued for video of Joshua Powell, since his wife Susan vanished. West Valley Police Captain T. Mc Lachlan said investigators want to hear all the statements Powell has made to the press.

Channel 2 was served late Friday, and in advance of the subpoena, posted an entire interview with Joshua on its website, connect2utah.com.

Below is the full video. Hope the link works

http://connect2utah.com/media_player.php?media_id=97962#

Texas Mist
12-19-2009, 02:59 AM
check out the comment @ 8:53 a.m. Dec. 18, 2009 here:

http://www.deseretnews.com/user/comments/705352238/Susan-Powells-family-saddened.html?pg=3

lame, lame, lame....sounds more like something Joshy boy would write...saying WVCPD is part of the problem & not the solution does not make Joshy look any better.

(FWIW, since we have no idea who actually posted that)

fran
12-19-2009, 03:43 AM
I guess Wayne has been writing on the news blogs, imo. Surrrrre sounds like him. Same thing he said in the interview.

There was also a lot of criticism on the blogs about no friends coming out in support of Josh and low and behold!!!!!!!!!!!! Ta-da! Wayne appears to give his :twocents:.

Ehhh.......we've seen this before as well. Another NOT-SUSPECT husband's friends were posting right her on WS. LOL, they didn't know we caught on to them though. We had lots of fun with them! ;)

Just sayin'
fran

PS...that's what I get for reading backwards. I see you all are already talking about Wayne. :)

kiki the parrot
12-19-2009, 03:49 AM
Subpoenas have been issued for video of Joshua Powell, since his wife Susan vanished. West Valley Police Captain T. Mc Lachlan said investigators want to hear all the statements Powell has made to the press.

Channel 2 was served late Friday, and in advance of the subpoena, posted an entire interview with Joshua on its website, connect2utah.com.

Below is the full video. Hope the link works

Thanks Suzi what a wealth, a goldmine of STOOPID answers which make NO sense, all the while JP's mouth becoming more and more parched, swallowing harder and harder I mean it's painful to watch he's so bad at it. Easy to see now why LE is so interested.

GingerRed
12-19-2009, 04:02 AM
here's link to the video talking about Josh renting the car & disappearing for 24 hours....the reporter also asks McLachlan about using chemicals & a light inside the house on "the wet spot"....she also reports LE found a carpet cleaning machine (but that's not a surprise to me if it's one they own in a house that has carpeting -- however, if it's one of those heavy duty rented carpet cleaners...hmmmmm)

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-police-puzzled-utah-moms-disappearance,0,3590060.story

This is very powerful stuff here.

I really, really hope that LE has a better idea than they're admitting on where he was for that 24 hours. If he was **that** stupid, and gets away with whatever he was up to....... **shakes head and hopes**

kiki the parrot
12-19-2009, 05:08 AM
Slideshow w pics of Susan if not previously posted. Really beautiful photos of her during pregnancy, at baby shower, w her boys, w friends, and some from vigil. She smiles w her eyes and seems like one of those people whose vibrant smile and warm personality fill a room. She looks self-assured and in only one or two (of the 71) photos looks to be extremely sad. She'd most likely determined to make the best of her life w her children regardless of her marriage. She looks genuinely kindhearted and is no doubt greatly loved, and sorely missed. Prayers for Susan, her family and especially her little boys. :prayer:

http://www.fox13now.com/kstu-susan-powell-search-pg,0,5516566.photogallery

Melanie
12-19-2009, 07:03 AM
I couldn't fullscreen the abc link above, but I believe this is one tape being supboenaed evidently. Just trying to figure out what in particular intrigues them re this. JP's hands aren't really visible nor any other telling features I can detect tho when asked he does respond that he last saw Susan "Sunday nite..." (and somebody's cell needs charging I can hear it beep lol)

That has got to be the weirdest video I've ever seen (and that includes watching Mark Hacking). Josh is just doing his very best to run from the media-- I got to get my boys. I think I've heard that on 2 interviews now. Wouldn't ya think he would want all the face time he could get if he were innocent?

Oh yah.....he's not. Of course this is only my opinion.

Mel

Melanie
12-19-2009, 07:11 AM
Slideshow w pics of Susan if not previously posted. Really beautiful photos of her during pregnancy, at baby shower, w her boys, w friends, and some from vigil. She smiles w her eyes and seems like one of those people whose vibrant smile and warm personality fill a room. She looks self-assured and in only one or two (of the 71) photos looks to be extremely sad. She'd most likely determined to make the best of her life w her children regardless of her marriage. She looks genuinely kindhearted and is no doubt greatly loved, and sorely missed. Prayers for Susan, her family and especially her little boys. :prayer:

What a great reflection on Susan. Thanks for sharing. One thing I did or didn't notice - was Josh at the candlelight vigil? Egads, brings back the whole Scott Peterson thing in my mind. Especially this time of the year.

Best,

Mel

Lipin One
12-19-2009, 07:16 AM
WHERE DOES Josh all of a sudden get cash for a camping trip and rent a car when he said that Susan couldn't buy Christmas presents for her sons?
Why not 'borrow' a car with relatives to search.
IMO JP never lookeed for Susan UNLESS he went back like Scott P to make sure she was still there and not popping up to be found!!!

Where did he get the money to hire a high power attorney?

Melanie
12-19-2009, 07:41 AM

Who woulda thunk! :) Now add a little drool on the corner of Josh's mouth and the full effect is there. Duhhhhhh.....

I think the definitions were pretty spot on.

Mel

Melanie
12-19-2009, 07:49 AM
Where did he get the money to hire a high power attorney?

No doubt the city will end up paying the bill. Just like Peterson and Westerfield. I live in San Diego, and when Molesterfield's case was over, the county ended up paying.

Prosecutors spent nearly $270,000 convicting David Westerfield of kidnapping and killing 7-year-old Danielle van Dam, according to the San Diego District Attorney's Office.

Before his arrest in February 2002, Westerfield hired attorneys Steve Feldman and Robert Boyce. When Westerfield ran out of money to pay them, the county of San Diego had to pay the remaining legal bills.

In regards to the Defense, Figures released show that Feldman and Boyce were each paid $152,000 for their work. County officials said they had no choice in the matter, because the courts have ruled that all criminal defendants are entitled to a lawyer. In short, Taxpayers Paid $300K For Westerfield's Defense

As a San Diegan, that still irks me! But thankfully the molester/killer is on death row. Where, unfortunately, we all pay for his 3 meals a day.

Mel

Lipin One
12-19-2009, 07:53 AM
This is very powerful stuff here.

I really, really hope that LE has a better idea than they're admitting on where he was for that 24 hours. If he was **that** stupid, and gets away with whatever he was up to....... **shakes head and hopes**

Is there a link to a news article about the 24 hours he was missing after renting the car?

So far I have only seen it mentioned in one comment.

TIA

Melanie
12-19-2009, 08:26 AM
Is there a link to a news article about the 24 hours he was missing after renting the car?

TIA

Thanks to Texas Mist - here's the link:

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-po...,3590060.story

mitzi
12-19-2009, 08:26 AM

TIA

It's in the video at the top of the page. HTH

mitzi
12-19-2009, 08:27 AM
Jinx, mgardner! :)

Photo_liv
12-19-2009, 09:19 AM

Odd she's not wearing her wedding band in picture #17 -- yet it is visible in many of the other (what appear to be earlier) photos. Perhaps I'm reading too much into it though...

-Liv

Lipin One
12-19-2009, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the link. I cannot see videos with my computer, but I appreciate the link. :)

eyes4crime
12-19-2009, 10:25 AM
Is Josh so arrogant and filled with self-importance that he thinks he has fooled LE and the public with his incomplete, shallow, and childish answers? His fake emotion while relaying his preposterous story-line is an insult to all of our intelligence. mho

LogicalMinds
12-19-2009, 10:33 AM
Just stopping in to see what is happening..

Josh really needs to "come clean"

I do worry about the boys....I wish there were laws that would remove children temporarily from even a "person of interest" (Yes, I worried while Drew Peterson had custody all that long while until he was arrested)

One thing I did think of...and it gives me chills...what if Josh killed Susan, and scrambled to get rid of her body, set up the fans etc...but while riding around was contemplating killing himself and even the boys?? There are many horrible cases like this...where a killer dad (sometimes mother) kills then decides to end it all..and take the whole family

I shudder to think of Josh riding around...

I really hope someone is with those boys 24/7...

I also don't feel that they need Josh there for Christmas...they have horrors to face as they grow up and they don't need to remember that they spent the holidays with him after he (presumably) murdered their mom

I hope they arrest Josh, the sooner the better.....especially for the sake and welfare of those poor kids

~~~~ Video ?? I wonder if they took pictures of his "frostbitten hands" that first day///??? maybe they want to have some reference about them

smart blonde
12-19-2009, 11:00 AM

Thank you for this link. Susan is so beautiful, with the prettiest smile and eyes.

Photo #70 made me catch my breath. Maybe I'm just over-tired, but... doesn't that look like an angel, floating above the vigil? It just may be a cloud of smoke, but it looks like an angel to me. Maybe her spirit really was there. Photo #70- check it out.

passionflower
12-19-2009, 11:08 AM
Maybe 'WAYNE' was JP himself!! and got cught..........LOL...........he's dumb enough!

passionflower
12-19-2009, 11:20 AM
Thank you for this link. Susan is so beautiful, with the prettiest smile and eyes.

Photo #70 made me catch my breath. Maybe I'm just over-tired, but... doesn't that look like an angel, floating above the vigil? It just may be a cloud of smoke, but it looks like an angel to me. Maybe her spirit really was there. Photo #70- check it out.

thankyou, very eerie!!!

smart blonde
12-19-2009, 11:29 AM
thankyou, very eerie!!!
Thank you for checking it out, passionflower...

It's kind of eerie, but kind of beautiful, too.

I wish I knew how to carry that picture over here. I'd like to know what other people think! (photo #70).

pghbrandi
12-19-2009, 11:35 AM
That picture gave me chills

darlin gal
12-19-2009, 11:35 AM
Thank you for checking it out, passionflower...

It's kind of eerie, but kind of beautiful, too.

I wish I knew how to carry that picture over here. I'd like to know what other people think! (photo #70).

http://i48.tinypic.com/33u6emf.jpg

smart blonde
12-19-2009, 11:37 AM
Oh, I want her to be found so much. Something about her, I just can't stop thinking about her. This is so unfair to her family, to her father, to her little boys, to her.
I hate thinking about her 'out there', in the cold and alone.

She was so loved by her family and friends. You can just tell that Susan was one of those people who really cared about people, about life. And, she wasn't even safe in her own home, just days before Christmas.

How selfish and cruel of Josh, to not be giving the answers, telling everything he knows, and everything he did.

smart blonde
12-19-2009, 11:40 AM
Thank you, so, so much, Darlin Gal!

passionflower
12-19-2009, 11:45 AM
I Believe in Angels!

Vegas Bride
12-19-2009, 11:46 AM
One thing I'm very grateful for is how soon the babysitter called when the children did not show up! If she hadn't done that it's possible he would have come home, put away the fans and also get rid of her purse, keys and phone, IMO sometime during his "camping trip" he would have thought about her things that needed to disappear along with her, he also might have made up a note where she said she was leaving him etc.

VB

smart blonde
12-19-2009, 11:53 AM
One thing I'm very grateful for is how soon the babysitter called when the children did not show up! If she hadn't done that it's possible he would have come home, put away the fans and also get rid of her purse, keys and phone, IMO sometime during his "camping trip" he would have thought about her things that needed to disappear along with her, he also might have made up a note where she said she was leaving him etc.

VB
I think you're right, Vegas Bride.

I don't think it occured to him the police would be called by anyone but him, and that would have only been after he finished cleaning up and tying up loose ends.

I think he was caught off guard by the authorities gaining access to his house while he was gone, and that explains his behavior, and demeanor, in the media interviews he gave at the very beginning. Also explains his lack of a better excuse/alibi. He though he'd have more time.

Lipin One
12-19-2009, 12:18 PM

VB

You know, I thought the reason he left those items behind was to dispose of them near town after his trip back, to point in a different direction of where he left the body.

Then I thought that maybe Susan put them on the bed, because she was going out (sledding maybe?) and when he killed her and went to dispose of the body he forgot them, so was going to "clean up" better when he got back.

Though... if the friend called him around 3:00pm, and he made it home around 5:00pm... if he had those things at home, he should've rushed back to get rid of them.

Unless he knew the police had already been there.

Also...

When Josh got home he finds the window smashed, and no Susan.

Notice he didn't say a thing about the fans and the wet spot. Was that unusual?

When did Josh call police?

eyes4crime
12-19-2009, 12:26 PM

VB

Vegas Bride - I think you are right on! He doesn't seem to have the flexability to be caught off guard..not to mention how dumb he seems to be. mho

LaLaw2000
12-19-2009, 01:21 PM

It does look like an angel! You can see the wings and there seems to be a definitive neck, shoulders, and even waist! I know it isn't, but the image is there.

I collect angels, and I also have my mother's angel collection.

LaLaw2000
12-19-2009, 01:35 PM
I hope today is the day that Susan will be found. Sadly, I just do not feel she is alive. Josh murdered her, IMO.

I also hope that Josh goes to jail today! If LE has the forensics back, a really good circumstantial case can be made, IMO.

I do not want Josh to be around those boys. He has that smirk on his face and probably is saying all sorts of things around them that he shouldn't say. The longer Josh is allowed to be free, the more angry I get.

Of course, my common sense tells me that LE will arrest Josh just as soon as they possibly can, and their case has to be a good one first.

Melanie
12-19-2009, 01:39 PM
Odd she's not wearing her wedding band in picture #17 -- yet it is visible in many of the other (what appear to be earlier) photos. Perhaps I'm reading too much into it though...

-Liv

Don't take a picture of me now :) I lost a diamond that was in my wedding band - it's at the jewelers. But other than that, I normally wear it every day.

But from what we know about Susan, she doesnt seem to be the type not to wear her wedding band -- unless she was doing something that required her to remove it (like making meatloaf or working with raw chicken). Those are times I take mine off. Who really knows, eh?

Hugs,

Mel

Recovering-Lurker
12-19-2009, 01:39 PM
I can't believe he rented a car and wasn't heard from for almost 24 hours. Why wasn't he followed? I know it was early in the investigation, and he wasn't a POI yet according to LE, but come on, that is hinky.

Melanie
12-19-2009, 01:42 PM
Thank you, so, so much, Darlin Gal!

That is just so awesome -- like she's watching over her own vigil.

I believe in angels too. :)

Mel

gliving
12-19-2009, 02:06 PM
The thing that bothers me most is that this jerk took the children with him to dump their Momma's body.

Come clean Josh. Quite the sniveling crybaby act and be a man for once in your life.

passionflower
12-19-2009, 02:14 PM
Someone should show JP that photo #70...........
Maybe it would spook JP that she was Also there in spirit!
May he be haunted by Susan's beauitful memories daily.
How could he be so evil to leave her out in the wilderness.

passionflower
12-19-2009, 02:15 PM
I would love to know what JP does all day with all the time 'to think'
No job.........
But is there a 3rd person, woman? where did he go for that 24 hours with a rental car???

Steely Dan
12-19-2009, 02:29 PM
Is Josh so arrogant and filled with self-importance that he thinks he has fooled LE and the public with his incomplete, shallow, and childish answers? His fake emotion while relaying his preposterous story-line is an insult to all of our intelligence. mho

I agree and respectfully disagree. I believe he is arrogant and thought he could fool LE, but right about now and for a few days he's realizing that it didn't work and the sweat is dripping from his brow. JMO

That is freaking weird, at first I thought it was breath from the crowd but there is no evidence of that. It isn't tied to anyone's mouth. :waitasec:

I think the angel is Susan. JMO

passionflower
12-19-2009, 02:31 PM
December 18, 2009 - Things are heating up in the case of Susan Powell, 28, missing mother of two young boys ages 2 and 4. Police served a subpoena on ABC 4 News Director, Matt Malyn, this evening asking for video related to the case of Susan Powell.

For my memory has anyone ever heard of the news being subpoenaed before for a case???

Steely Dan
12-19-2009, 02:40 PM
December 18, 2009 - Things are heating up in the case of Susan Powell, 28, missing mother of two young boys ages 2 and 4. Police served a subpoena on ABC 4 News Director, Matt Malyn, this evening asking for video related to the case of Susan Powell.

For my memory has anyone ever heard of the news being subpoenaed before for a case???

Not off the top of my head. :waitasec:

Dum-Dum Sucker
12-19-2009, 03:03 PM

:confused: Am I remembering correctly that news video was subpoenaed in the Laci Peterson case?????? Maybe the Diane Sawyer Interview??????

jmo

angeleleven
12-19-2009, 03:29 PM
I Believe in Angels!

So do I!

Trident
12-19-2009, 04:09 PM
I agree and respectfully disagree. I believe he is arrogant and thought he could fool LE, but right about now and for a few days he's realizing that it didn't work and the sweat is dripping from his brow. JMO

That is freaking weird, at first I thought it was breath from the crowd but there is no evidence of that. It isn't tied to anyone's mouth. :waitasec:

I think the angel is Susan. JMO

I have a picture with almost the same image and it sure isn't Susan. I believe there is a glitch with that particular portion of the film. I often wondered what that was in the pic of two people very much alive. Now I know - nothing - the same nothing that's in that picture.

mushyb
12-19-2009, 04:18 PM

Wow, that really is an amazing picture. i can even see the image of a lady with wings! just chilling. i too believe that is her :)

Dr.Fessel
12-19-2009, 04:33 PM
I believe in angels but that is smoke probably from a cig or candle the picture taker or someone near is holding. I have several like it.

harleysnana
12-19-2009, 04:36 PM

In this video……
go to about :55
up to this point Josh says he needs to go get his boys… he’s
trying to end the conversation…he turns to open the door
he gets it unlocked and then pauses and then
turns around and start talking again.
Why did he not just go into the house…. was he going to confess?
“I’m sorry, I … I … I just I gotta…I can’t keep doing this”
I get a weird feeling watching this part.

Angel Who Cares
12-19-2009, 04:50 PM
WATCH IT: Woman's Father Says He 'Can't Give Up Hope'
http://www.kirotv.com/video/21998898/index.html
UPDATED: Missing mom case: Cops subpoena TV interviews with Susan Powell's husband
Missing woman » Stations say they have already broadcast the footage.
Updated: 12/19/2009 11:36:10 AM MST
<snipped>
ABC 4 and KSL both confirmed police have asked for copies of Powell's interviews, including any excerpts which have not been broadcast. ABC 4 reported in a news story Friday night it had received a subpoena for the footage.

Con Psarras, vice president for news at KSL did not know whether his station has yet been served with a subpoena. But Psarras said a West Valley City detective called him Friday to say he wanted copies of KSL's interview with Powell.

Psarras said KSL has broadcast all of its interview with Powell online or on television and anticipates giving copies to police.

In those interviews, given in the first few days of the search for his wife, Joshua Powell often spoke in a soft voice and gave short answers to questions.

ETA: (Many posters asked about this info.... :wink: )KSL has received similar requests from law enforcement over the years, albeit infrequently. One such request came in 2004, he said, after Mark Hacking spoke to reporters about his then-missing wife, Lori Hacking.

Article:
http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14033069

CementPond
12-19-2009, 05:19 PM
Yup. I believe that's what it is too. I have a family member who is a photographer and has captured that same sort of smokiness many times when taking photos for parties, weddings, etc. where smoking is/was allowed. She always complains about how many times the smoke/smoking/candles ruined what may have been an otherwise perfect picture. LOL

Not to mention the tons of photos I have that I took while holding a cigarette and taking a photo at the same time (from back when I smoked).

I believe in angels but that is smoke probably from a cig or candle the picture taker or someone near is holding. I have several like it.

passionflower
12-19-2009, 05:21 PM
WATCH IT: Woman's Father Says He 'Can't Give Up Hope'
http://www.kirotv.com/video/21998898/index.html
UPDATED: Missing mom case: Cops subpoena TV interviews with Susan Powell's husband
Missing woman » Stations say they have already broadcast the footage.
Updated: 12/19/2009 11:36:10 AM MST
<snipped>
ABC 4 and KSL both confirmed police have asked for copies of Powell's interviews, including any excerpts which have not been broadcast. ABC 4 reported in a news story Friday night it had received a subpoena for the footage.

Con Psarras, vice president for news at KSL did not know whether his station has yet been served with a subpoena. But Psarras said a West Valley City detective called him Friday to say he wanted copies of KSL's interview with Powell.

Psarras said KSL has broadcast all of its interview with Powell online or on television and anticipates giving copies to police.

In those interviews, given in the first few days of the search for his wife, Joshua Powell often spoke in a soft voice and gave short answers to questions.

Article:
http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14033069

:confused: Am I remembering correctly that news video was subpoenaed in the Laci Peterson case?????? Maybe the Diane Sawyer Interview??????

jmo

I think that's right and WE ALL KNOW WHERE HE WENT!!!

passionflower
12-19-2009, 05:28 PM

Any camera, only on a holiday my SIL has a circle above his head.
We can't believe it. We used to laugh and then got serious about it.
Then someone explained to us it is an aura we are catching by him.
He never 'feels' a thing.
He was raised by his grandma who always was with us at the holidays and died tradgically.
So now we just say it's granny there.
None of us smoke, etc????

gitana1
12-19-2009, 05:37 PM

jmo

I'll tell ya', this case so reminds me of Laci's case. At least Susan got to know the joy of having her babies before she was murdered. I hope josh sees photo number 70 and realizes that, like Laci, Susan is going to hang around and make her voice heard so that she can be found and justice can be had! I believe she will lead the searchers to her body.

dreamweaver
12-19-2009, 05:37 PM
Any camera, only on a holiday my SIL has a circle above his head.
We can't believe it. We used to laugh and then got serious about it.
Then someone explained to us it is an aura we are catching by him.
He never 'feels' a thing.
He was raised by his grandma who always was with us at the holidays and died tradgically.
So now we just say it's granny there.
None of us smoke, etc????
==
passionflower:
ot: I believe in angels and relatives who have passed on visiting us from time to time.
Another poster captured similar kind of image at a vigil for a missing person.

Emeralgem
12-19-2009, 06:09 PM
I'll tell ya', this case so reminds me of Laci's case. At least Susan got to know the joy of having her babies before she was murdered. I hope josh sees photo number 70 and realizes that, like Laci, Susan is going to hang around and make her voice heard so that she can be found and justice can be had! I believe she will lead the searchers to her body.

I viewed those photos and saw that picture this morning..And said to myself.. Whoa!!! Where did that come from and what is that?

passionflower
12-19-2009, 06:21 PM
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Forensic Astrology - GENERAL
I posted this over at forensic astro sight.
The winter solstice is in 2 days. It is the LONGEST night of the year.
We start to have a support system to help with our depressions with lack of sun.
That's why we started yule parties, tree trimming, fires and hot cocoa..........
without all this will JP crash and confess.........
(it is a time of suicides an murders)
any thoughts?

passionflower
12-19-2009, 06:22 PM
Also Soulscape has a new chart for Susan on the forensic astro sight, for all those interested.

LaLaw2000
12-19-2009, 06:32 PM
I just wonder if Josh will be sitting in church tomorrow? After what I think he has done, I do not see how he can dare sit in church, especially when it is the church Susan faithfully attended.

JMO

passionflower
12-19-2009, 06:37 PM
I just wonder if Josh will be sitting in church tomorrow? After what I think he has done, I do not see how he can dare sit in church, especially when it is the church Susan faithfully attended.

JMO

It would be great if the power of prayer got to his soul and made him confess and tell all where Susan is.
She needs a proper burial and not dumped some where in the desert.

sandcastles4me
12-19-2009, 06:40 PM
He can lie and be deceiving all he wants, but God knows where Susan is and what he has done. I do not believe he will show his face in church. IMO

omegagal
12-19-2009, 06:43 PM
Seems Joshy boy's "emotionally" drained. Nothing compared to what you did to her for years and now this!!!!

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20332053,00.html

I'm getting so angry at this attempt to show how overwhelmed Josh is. He even says Susan was spending too much money. She wanted to buy her kids Christmas presents!!! She doesn't even have her own car and they live in a modest home!!! Give me a break!!

justplainmetal
12-19-2009, 06:48 PM
Does anyone have Josh Powell's date of birth? They could use it on the Forensic Astrology thread to do a chart on him.
Thanks.

omegagal
12-19-2009, 07:04 PM

JMO
I imagine his attorney has told him to show up....

passionflower
12-19-2009, 07:07 PM
he says Joshua talked about her occasionally during their twice-monthly club gatherings. "Usually, when he had something to say, it was nice,"
huh? usually JP talked nice of Susan........mostly about finances, overspending?

passionflower
12-19-2009, 07:09 PM
Seems Joshy boy's "emotionally" drained. Nothing compared to what you did to her for years and now this!!!!

I'm getting so angry at this attempt to show how overwhelmed Josh is. He even says Susan was spending too much money. She wanted to buy her kids Christmas presents!!! She doesn't even have her own car and they live in a modest home!!! Give me a break!!

Ha! but has enough strength to go visit someone.
He is desparate for a friend........GOOD!

Steely Dan
12-19-2009, 07:09 PM
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Forensic Astrology - GENERAL (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4583573&postcount=250)
I posted this over at forensic astro sight.
The winter solstice is in 2 days. It is the LONGEST night of the year.
We start to have a support system to help with our depressions with lack of sun.
That's why we started yule parties, tree trimming, fires and hot cocoa..........
without all this will JP crash and confess.........
(it is a time of suicides an murders)
any thoughts?

Is that because the Brynners are invited to the party. :crazy:

http://www.woodbridge.lib.nj.us/heartthrobs/Brynner%203.jpg

JMO

Hey he's gotta beg someone for forgiveness.

It would be great if the power of prayer got to his soul and made him confess and tell all where Susan is.
She needs a proper burial and not dumped some where in the desert.

That'd be very cool. :thumb:

omegagal
12-19-2009, 07:11 PM
I'm pulling this post over from unrighteous-dominion.com called Reflections on People of The Lie, M. Scott Peck. People of the Lie is about human evil and seems to apply to Josh Powell and his treatment of Susan.

I have been reading People of the Lie by M. Scott Peck and wanted to relate some things that I found interesting. When I was first married and found myself caught up in an abusive marriage, I thought my husband was psychotic. The behavior was so stark for a man that had never behaved this way before the marriage. I realized pretty quickly though that he knew very well what he was doing. Even his behavior was so “controlled” and stiff. Then I thought maybe “I” was the psychotic one because suddenly I thought of my Catholic looney girlfriend that believed in human evil and exorcism (I admit, that’s where I ended our 8 year friendship) and I wondered if maybe she had a point. Could it be that my husband was just plain evil? Oh, those months of chaos, trying to drive me crazy. Crazy because I needed answers. No one could give me those answers. I started to talk to friends about what was happening in my house and I could see they didn’t believe the stories I told them, so I quit telling them. After all, we can’t wrap ourselves around the idea that an educated, professional man’s behavior was really this cruel and bizarre. I just became the observer, the tormented and prayed - a lot. Below are excerpts from People of the Lie that I think are spot on. I invite those that haven’t gotten their feet wet yet to express their thoughts on this subject.

Malignant Narcissism

Refusal to acknowledge sin
It is necessary that we first draw the distinction between evil and ordinary sin. It is not their sins per se that characterize evil people…The central defect of the evil is not the sin but the refusal to acknowledge it.p 69

If evil people cannot be defined by the illegality of their deeds or the magnitude of their sins, then how are we to define them? The answer is by the consistency of their sins. While usually subtle, their destructiveness is remarkably consistent. This is because those who have “crossed over the line” are characterized by their absolute refusal to tolerate the sense of their own sinfulness.p 71

The evil hate the light–the light of goodness that shows them up, the light of scrutiny that exposes them, the light of truth that penetrates their deception.p 179 Rather than blissfully lacking a sense of morality, like the sociopath, they are continually engaged in sweeping the evidence of their evil under the rug of their own consciousness.p 76

The poor in spirit do not commit evil. Evil is not committed by people who feel uncertain about their righteousness, who question their own motives, who worry about betraying themselves. The evil in this world is committed by the spiritual fat cats, by the Pharisees of our own day, the self-righteous who think they are without sin because they are unwilling to suffer the discomfort of significant self-examination.

Unpleasant though it may be, the sense of personal sin is precisely that which keeps our sin from getting out of hand. It is quite painful at times, but it is a very great blessing because it is our one and only effective safeguard against our own proclivity for evil. p 71-72

Self Image of Perfection
Utterly dedicated to preserving their self-image of perfection, the evil are unceasingly engaged in the effort to maintain the appearance of moral purity. They worry about this a great deal. They are acutely sensitive to social norms and what others might think of them. Outwardly they seem to live lives that are above reproach. The words “image”, “appearance”, and “outwardly” are crucial to understanding the morality of the evil.p 75

Excessive intolerance of criticism
In Martin Buber’s words, the malignantly narcissistic insist upon “affirmation independent of all findings.” p 80 Self-criticism is a call to personality change…The evil are pathologically attached to the status quo of their personalities, which in their narcissism they consciously regard as perfect. I think it is quite possible that the evil may perceive even a small degree of change in their beloved selves as representing total annihilation. p 74

Scapegoating
Evil is the use of power to destroy the spiritual growth of others for the purpose of defending and preserving the integrity of our own sick selves. In short, it is scapegoating. p 119 A predominant characteristic…of the behavior of those I call evil is scapegoating. Because in their hearts they consider themselves above reproach, they must lash out at any one who does reproach them. They sacrifice others to preserve their self-image of perfection. p 73

Since the evil, deep down, feel themselves to be faultless, it is inevitable that when they are in conflict with the world they will invariably perceive the conflict as the world’s fault. Since they must deny their own badness, they must perceive others as bad.

They project their own evil onto the world. They never think of themselves as evil; on the other hand, they consequently see much evil in others…Evil, then, is most often committed in order to scapegoat, and the people I label as evil are chronic scapegoaters….The evil attack others instead of facing their own failures. p 73-74

Disguise and pretense
While they seem to lack any motivation to be good, they intensely desire to appear good. Their “goodness” is all on a level of pretense. It is, in effect, a lie. That is why they are the “people of the lie”. The wickedness of the evil is not committed directly, but indirectly as a part of this cover-up process. p 76

Those who are evil are masters of disguise; they are not apt to wittingly disclose their true colors–either to others or to themselves. p 104 Because they are such experts at disguise, it is seldom possible to pinpoint the maliciousness of the evil. The disguise is usually impenetrable p 76….Naturally, since it is designed to hide its opposite, the pretense chosen by the evil is most commonly the pretense of love. p 106

Intellectual deviousness
A reaction that the evil frequently engender in us is confusion. Describing an encounter with an evil person, one woman wrote, it was “as if I’d suddenly lost my ability to think”….This reaction is quite appropriate. Lies confuse. The evil are “the people of the lie”, deceiving others as they also build layer upon layer of self-deception.

I know now that one of the characteristics of evil is its desire to confuse. p 179

Greed
The evil are, in my experience, remarkably greedy people. Thus, they are cheap. p 72.

Unsubmitted will
If the central defect of the evil is not one of conscience, then where does it reside? The essential psychological problem of human evil, I believe is a particular variety of narcissism….The particular brand of narcissism that characterizes evil people seems to be one that particularly afflicts the will. p 80

Malignant narcissism is characterized by an unsubmitted will. All adults who are mentally healthy submit themselves one way or another to something higher than themselves, be it God or truth or love or some other ideal….They believe in what is true rather than what they would like to be true.

In summary, to a greater or lesser degree, all mentally healthy individuals submit themselves to the demands of their own conscience. Not so the evil, however….They are men and women of obviously strong will, determined to have their own way. p 78 Such people literally live “in a world of their own” in which the self reigns supreme. p 162

Coercion and control of others
Evil is the exercise of political power–that is, the imposition of one’s will upon others by overt or covert coercion–in order to avoid…spiritual growth…Because their willfulness is so extraordinary–and always accompanied by a lust for power–I suspect that the evil are more likely than most to politically aggrandize themselves…..There is a remarkable power in the manner in which they attempt to control others.p 78

In describing one of his patients, Peck says Charlene’s desire to make a conquest of me….to utterly control our relationship, knew no bounds. It seemed to be a desire for power purely for its own sake. p 176 She wanted the reigns in her hands every moment. p 158

Lack of empathy
Theirs is a brand of narcissism so total that they seem to lack, in whole or in part, the capacity for empathy…Their narcissism makes the evil dangerous not only because it motivates them to scapegoat others but also because it deprives them of the restraint that results from empathy and respect for others.

In addition to the fact that the evil need victims to sacrifice to their narcissism, their narcissism permits them to ignore the humanity of their victims as well….The blindness of the narcissist to others can extend even beyond a lack of empathy; narcissists may not “see” others at all.

There are boundaries to the individual soul. And in our dealings with each other we generally respect these boundaries. It is characteristic of–and prerequisite for–mental health both that our own ego boundaries should be clear and that we should clearly recognize the boundaries of others. We must know where we end and others begin. p 136-137

Symbiotic relationship
Another form of devastation that narcissistic intrusiveness can create is the symbiotic relationship. “Symbiosis”–as we use the term in psychiatry–is not a mutually beneficial state of interdependence. Instead it refers to a mutually parasitic and destructive coupling. In the symbiotic relationship neither partner will separate from the other even though it would obviously be beneficial to each if they could. p 137

I doubt that it is possible for two utterly evil people to live together in the close quarters of a sustained marriage. They would be too destructive for the necessary cooperation….In every evil couple, if we could examine them closely enough, I image we would find one partner at least slightly in thrall to the other. p 119 For adults to be the victims of evil, they too must be powerless to escape….They may be powerless by virtue of their own failure of courage….bound by chains of laziness and dependency. p 119-120

Evil in families
It is my experience that evil seems to run in families. p 80 If evil were easy to recognize, identify and manage, there would be no need for this book. But the fact of the matter is that it is the most difficult of all things with which to cope. p 130 [Evil] will contaminate or otherwise destroy a person who remains too long in its presence. p 65

The evil deny the suffering of their guilt–the painful awareness of their sin, inadequacy, and imperfection–by casting their pain onto the other through projection and scapegoating. They themselves may not suffer, but those around them do. The evil cause suffering. The evil create for those under their dominion a miniature sick society. p 123-124

It happens then, that the children of evil parents enter adulthood with very significant psychiatric disturbances. ….It is doubtful that some can be wholly healed of their scars from having had to live in close quarters with evil without correctly naming the source of their problems.

To come to terms with evil in one’s parentage is perhaps the most difficult and painful psychological task a human being can be called on to face. Most fail and so remain its victims. Those who fully succeed in developing the necessary searing vision are those who are able to name it. p 130

mayelf
12-19-2009, 07:21 PM
Anyone think it's odd that he says in an interview

"i love her, my boys love her"

I would think that common speech would be "her boys love her" or "our boys love her"

but who knows, everyone is different. I just know in my family we only use "your" or "my" son in jest. If I say "my son" to my ex, who is a controller, will get angry that I said "my" and not "our". I'm just curious if there is any psychology to this.

omegagal
12-19-2009, 07:32 PM
He's looking everywhere for what's called Narcissistic Supply. Seems his extended family isn't giving it to him... awwww.... but he's getting emotional support from the kids. I'm sure those kids are nothing more than an extension of himself to Josh.

smart blonde
12-19-2009, 07:38 PM

JMO
I know what you mean... but, with all the public and media scrutiny, I wouldn't be surprised if his lawyer tells him to attend- to help make him look 'innocent'.

smart blonde
12-19-2009, 07:42 PM
Isn't that Susan's crocheting friend/neighbor, JoVonna Owings, in the long black coat with pink gloves, just off center to the right?

Taminator
12-19-2009, 07:49 PM
From the People article?

"He was so distressed, so despondent, so overwhelmed," says Powell's friend Wayne Hamberg, who met the 29-year-old Web site programmer about a year ago at a Salt Lake City computer club gathering.

So how old is Josh? I keep hearing reports that he's 38, but this one says he's 29. I guess it's a minor detail, but seriously??

passionflower
12-19-2009, 08:02 PM
[QUOTE=omegagal;4583678]Apply to Josh Powell and his treatment of Susan.

BBM and snipped for space! I also noticed some of this can go for Drew & Scott Peterson and KC with parents........

Evil does exist

Malignant Narcissism .........Refusal to acknowledge sin

The evil in this world is committed by the spiritual fat cats, by the Pharisees of our own day, the self-righteous who think they are without sin because they are unwilling to suffer the discomfort of significant self-examination.

Self Image of Perfection
their self-image of perfection, the evil are unceasingly engaged in the effort to maintain the appearance of moral purity. They worry about this a great deal. They are acutely sensitive to social norms and what others might think of them. Outwardly they seem to live lives that are above reproach. The words “image”, “appearance”, and “outwardly” are crucial to understanding the morality of the evil.p 75

In Martin Buber’s words, the malignantly narcissistic insist upon “affirmation independent of all findings.” p 80 Self-criticism is a call to personality change…The evil are pathologically attached to the status quo of their personalities, which in their narcissism they consciously regard as perfect. I think it is quite possible that the evil may perceive even a small degree of change in their beloved selves as representing total annihilation. p 74

Scapegoating I wonder if 'gaslighting' comes in here also???
Evil is the use of power to destroy the spiritual growth of others for the purpose of defending and preserving the integrity of our own sick selves. In short, it is scapegoating. p 119 A predominant characteristic…of the behavior of those I call evil is scapegoating. Because in their hearts they consider themselves above reproach, they must lash out at any one who does reproach them. They sacrifice others to preserve their self-image of perfection. p 73

Since the evil, deep down, feel themselves to be faultless, it is inevitable that when they are in conflict with the world they will invariably perceive the conflict as the world’s fault. Since they must deny their own badness, they must perceive others as bad.

They project their own evil onto the world. They never think of themselves as evil; on the other hand, they consequently see much evil in others…Evil, then, is most often committed in order to scapegoat, and the people I label as evil are chronic scapegoaters….The evil attack others instead of facing their own failures. p 73-74

Disguise and pretense
While they seem to lack any motivation to be good, they intensely desire to appear good. Their “goodness” is all on a level of pretense. It is, in effect, a lie. That is why they are the “people of the lie”. The wickedness of the evil is not committed directly, but indirectly as a part of this cover-up process. p 76

Those who are evil are masters of disguise; they are not apt to wittingly disclose their true colors–either to others or to themselves. p 104 Because they are such experts at disguise, it is seldom possible to pinpoint the maliciousness of the evil. The disguise is usually impenetrable p 76….Naturally, since it is designed to hide its opposite, the pretense chosen by the evil is most commonly the pretense of love. p 106

Intellectual deviousness
A reaction that the evil frequently engender in us is confusion. Describing an encounter with an evil person, one woman wrote, it was “as if I’d suddenly lost my ability to think”….This reaction is quite appropriate. Lies confuse. The evil are “the people of the lie”, deceiving others as they also build layer upon layer of self-deception.

I know now that one of the characteristics of evil is its desire to confuse. p 179

Greed
The evil are, in my experience, remarkably greedy people. Thus, they are cheap. p 72.

Unsubmitted will
If the central defect of the evil is not one of conscience, then where does it reside? The essential psychological problem of human evil, I believe is a particular variety of narcissism….The particular brand of narcissism that characterizes evil people seems to be one that particularly afflicts the will. p 80

Evil is the exercise of political power–that is, the imposition of one’s will upon others by overt or covert coercion–in order to avoid…spiritual growth…Because their willfulness is so extraordinary–and always accompanied by a lust for power–I suspect that the evil are more likely than most to politically aggrandize themselves…..There is a remarkable power in the manner in which they attempt to control others

Lack of empathy
Theirs is a brand of narcissism so total that they seem to lack, in whole or in part, the capacity for empathy…Their narcissism makes the evil dangerous not only because it motivates them to scapegoat others but also because it deprives them of the restraint that results from empathy and respect for others.

In addition to the fact that the evil need victims to sacrifice to their narcissism, their narcissism permits them to ignore the humanity of their victims as well….The blindness of the narcissist to others can extend even beyond a lack of empathy; narcissists may not “see” others at all.

Symbiotic relationship
Another form of devastation that narcissistic intrusiveness can create is the symbiotic relationship. “Symbiosis”–as we use the term in psychiatry–is not a mutually beneficial state of interdependence. Instead it refers to a mutually parasitic and destructive coupling. In the symbiotic relationship neither partner will separate from the other even though it would obviously be beneficial to each if they could. p 137

I doubt that it is possible for two utterly evil people to live together in the close quarters of a sustained marriage. They would be too destructive for the necessary cooperation….In every evil couple, if we could examine them closely enough, I image we would find one partner at least slightly in thrall to the other. p 119 For adults to be the victims of evil, they too must be powerless to escape….They may be powerless by virtue of their own failure of courage….bound by chains of laziness and dependency. p 119-120

Evil in families
It is my experience that evil seems to run in families. If evil were easy to recognize, identify and manage, there would be no need for this book. But the fact of the matter is that it is the most difficult of all things with which to cope. [Evil] will contaminate or otherwise destroy a person who remains too long in its presence.

The evil deny the suffering of their guilt–the painful awareness of their sin, inadequacy, and imperfection–by casting their pain onto the other through projection and scapegoating. They themselves may not suffer, but those around them do. The evil cause suffering. The evil create for those under their dominion a miniature sick society. p 123-124

What statements! so true in so many cases!

Evil families_____Shayna's comes to mind as well as the Anthonys.........

Emeralgem
12-19-2009, 08:11 PM
I'm pulling this post over from unrighteous-dominion.com called Reflections on People of The Lie, M. Scott Peck. People of the Lie is about human evil and seems to apply to Josh Powell and his treatment of Susan.

I have been reading People of the Lie by M. Scott Peck and wanted to relate some things that I found interesting. When I was first married and found myself caught up in an abusive marriage, I thought my husband was psychotic. The behavior was so stark for a man that had never behaved this way before the marriage. I realized pretty quickly though that he knew very well what he was doing. Even his behavior was so “controlled” and stiff. Then I thought maybe “I” was the psychotic one because suddenly I thought of my Catholic looney girlfriend that believed in human evil and exorcism (I admit, that’s where I ended our 8 year friendship) and I wondered if maybe she had a point. Could it be that my husband was just plain evil? Oh, those months of chaos, trying to drive me crazy. Crazy because I needed answers. No one could give me those answers. I started to talk to friends about what was happening in my house and I could see they didn’t believe the stories I told them, so I quit telling them. After all, we can’t wrap ourselves around the idea that an educated, professional man’s behavior was really this cruel and bizarre. I just became the observer, the tormented and prayed - a lot. Below are excerpts from People of the Lie that I think are spot on. I invite those that haven’t gotten their feet wet yet to express their thoughts on this subject.

Malignant Narcissism

Refusal to acknowledge sin
It is necessary that we first draw the distinction between evil and ordinary sin. It is not their sins per se that characterize evil people…The central defect of the evil is not the sin but the refusal to acknowledge it.p 69

If evil people cannot be defined by the illegality of their deeds or the magnitude of their sins, then how are we to define them? The answer is by the consistency of their sins. While usually subtle, their destructiveness is remarkably consistent. This is because those who have “crossed over the line” are characterized by their absolute refusal to tolerate the sense of their own sinfulness.p 71

The evil hate the light–the light of goodness that shows them up, the light of scrutiny that exposes them, the light of truth that penetrates their deception.p 179 Rather than blissfully lacking a sense of morality, like the sociopath, they are continually engaged in sweeping the evidence of their evil under the rug of their own consciousness.p 76

The poor in spirit do not commit evil. Evil is not committed by people who feel uncertain about their righteousness, who question their own motives, who worry about betraying themselves. The evil in this world is committed by the spiritual fat cats, by the Pharisees of our own day, the self-righteous who think they are without sin because they are unwilling to suffer the discomfort of significant self-examination.

Unpleasant though it may be, the sense of personal sin is precisely that which keeps our sin from getting out of hand. It is quite painful at times, but it is a very great blessing because it is our one and only effective safeguard against our own proclivity for evil. p 71-72

Self Image of Perfection
Utterly dedicated to preserving their self-image of perfection, the evil are unceasingly engaged in the effort to maintain the appearance of moral purity. They worry about this a great deal. They are acutely sensitive to social norms and what others might think of them. Outwardly they seem to live lives that are above reproach. The words “image”, “appearance”, and “outwardly” are crucial to understanding the morality of the evil.p 75

Scapegoating

Disguise and pretense

Intellectual deviousness

Greed

Unsubmitted will

Malignant narcissism is characterized by an unsubmitted will. All adults who are mentally healthy submit themselves one way or another to something higher than themselves, be it God or truth or love or some other ideal….They believe in what is true rather than what they would like to be true.

In summary, to a greater or lesser degree, all mentally healthy individuals submit themselves to the demands of their own conscience. Not so the evil, however….They are men and women of obviously strong will, determined to have their own way. p 78 Such people literally live “in a world of their own” in which the self reigns supreme. p 162

Evil is the exercise of political power–that is, the imposition of one’s will upon others by overt or covert coercion–in order to avoid…spiritual growth…Because their willfulness is so extraordinary–and always accompanied by a lust for power–I suspect that the evil are more likely than most to politically aggrandize themselves…..There is a remarkable power in the manner in which they attempt to control others.p 78

In describing one of his patients, Peck says Charlene’s desire to make a conquest of me….to utterly control our relationship, knew no bounds. It seemed to be a desire for power purely for its own sake. p 176 She wanted the reigns in her hands every moment. p 158

Lack of empathy

There are boundaries to the individual soul. And in our dealings with each other we generally respect these boundaries. It is characteristic of–and prerequisite for–mental health both that our own ego boundaries should be clear and that we should clearly recognize the boundaries of others. We must know where we end and others begin. p 136-137

Symbiotic relationship

Evil in families
It is my experience that evil seems to run in families. p 80 If evil were easy to recognize, identify and manage, there would be no need for this book. But the fact of the matter is that it is the most difficult of all things with which to cope. p 130 [Evil] will contaminate or otherwise destroy a person who remains too long in its presence. p 65

It happens then, that the children of evil parents enter adulthood with very significant psychiatric disturbances. ….It is doubtful that some can be wholly healed of their scars from having had to live in close quarters with evil without correctly naming the source of their problems.

To come to terms with evil in one’s parentage is perhaps the most difficult and painful psychological task a human being can be called on to face. Most fail and so remain its victims. Those who fully succeed in developing the necessary searing vision are those who are able to name it. p 130

Thank you for posting these excellent informatiive quotes taken from M. Scott Peck's "People Of The Lie" JMO

CCup
12-19-2009, 08:11 PM
Isn't that Susan's crocheting friend/neighbor, JoVonna Owings, in the long black coat with pink gloves, just off center to the right?

It looks like her to me. According to her facebook, she is married. But it also says she is interested in men and women ????

Emeralgem
12-19-2009, 08:18 PM
What statements! so true in so many cases!

Evil families_____Shayna's comes to mind as well as the Anthonys.........[/QUOTE]

snipped for space
I totally agree and am thinking of another one in Florida that I follow too...JMO

Curious Me
12-19-2009, 08:30 PM
Also Soulscape has a new chart for Susan on the forensic astro sight, for all those interested.

I am interested in seeing that chart. Can't find it on there. Please post a link if you can.

Patty G
12-19-2009, 08:32 PM
I noticed on the "Friends And Family Of Susan" Facebook page that they are having a World-Wide Prayer and Candlelight Vigil on Sunday. They are asking for everyone to sing "Silent Night".

I created a video for everyone to view and hopefully participate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAzz2l140O4

wicket
12-19-2009, 08:38 PM
On the East Coast with a snowstorm bearing down, but totally wondering how much evidence LE has regarding Josh P. Please let them follow and investigate him to the inch! I keep hoping I'll read a headline on the TV or my computer that says he has been arrested. I want to think that she left out of self preservation but she would never leave her children from what everyone has said. So, I look at her husband as somehow involved.

The elephant in the room is Josh -- did he wait until a snow fall was headed for the area? Was there a winter coat, gloves, hat, shoes missing? (Couldn't a close friend confirm any of this?) Every police dept. should take a few clues from the Modesto Police Detectives who trailed Scott Peterson and made his life miserable. They delivered a murderer to San Quentin.

smart blonde
12-19-2009, 08:44 PM
It looks like her to me. According to her facebook, she is married. But it also says she is interested in men and women ????
Huh. Maybe JoVonna means she is interested in being friends/ making friends with both men and women?

SuziQ
12-19-2009, 08:47 PM

This clown has known Josh a year through twice a month meetings and that makes him an expert on Josh's life? IMO, he "gets" Josh and feels sorry for him because he is the same way himself. This dude needs to go sit down somewhere and shut up.

darlin gal
12-19-2009, 08:47 PM
http://www.examiner.com/x-22460-Seattle-Family-Examiner~y2009m12d19-Susan-Powell-Update-Carpet-cleaning-machine-found--husband-rents-car-then-disappears-more-gtgt
New information has surfaced in the case of missing Utah mom, Susan Powell, 28 (detailed below). Susan's husband, Joshua Powell, was the last person to see her before she disappeared after midnight Dec. 7. She's been missing for nearly two weeks and hopes of finding her alive are dwindling.
West Valley City Police Captain (http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-police-puzzled-utah-moms-disappearance,0,3590060.story), Tom McLachlan, said, “Usually something will surface within a few hours or a day, and everybody goes home happy and singing Kumbaya … on this one, that's not happening, and we're very concerned about that.”

Josh Powell is the only person of interest in this case and police suspect foul play. Josh’s actions seem to speak louder than words these days – though his words have been few, according to police.

Carpet cleaning machine found: Police found a carpet cleaning machine inside the house last week when Susan first went missing and during the early stages of the investigation. While police could not comment about the reported wet spot they did confirm a carpet cleaning machine was found in the home, according to Fox 13 News (http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-police-puzzled-utah-moms-disappearance,0,3590060.story).

Josh rented a car, then went missing for 24 hours: Josh rented a car and briefly disappeared himself, according to Fox 13 News (http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-police-puzzled-utah-moms-disappearance,0,3590060.story). Detectives said Josh wasn’t seen or heard from for nearly 24 hours. They will not go into detail about the car rental but did say that Josh rented the car when they seized the van to search it. They would not comment when asked how many miles were put on the rental car, which, Fox News reported, could be significant.

(more at link)

smart blonde
12-19-2009, 08:52 PM
I noticed on the "Friends And Family Of Susan" Facebook page that they are having a World-Wide Prayer and Candlelight Vigil on Sunday. They are asking for everyone to sing "Silent Night".

I created a video for everyone to view and hopefully participate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAzz2l140O4
Thank you Patty G.- the video is beautiful!

It cuts out, though, just after the song gets started. A longer version of the song would be perfect! Is that possible?

(I'm sure glad you know how to do all that video stuff, because I don't have a clue! Anytime I want to see something, I just head over to your page on YouTube- I'm a subscriber to your channel. Thank you for all you do, Patty G.)!

LogicalMinds
12-19-2009, 09:03 PM
Ugh to that interview with's Josh's "bud"

Josh worried about Susan "overspending"?? what??

From what I see she was the "breadwinner"...and made the bread too in that family

Maybe if Joshy hadn't declared bankruptcy and /or made more than $1400? a year net
then money would not be "tight"??

I hope they can wrap this up quickly for the sake of the family and kids

justplainmetal
12-19-2009, 09:08 PM
I am interested in seeing that chart. Can't find it on there. Please post a link if you can.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4581385&postcount=361

Taminator
12-19-2009, 09:11 PM
From the Fox article:

Charles Cox, Susan Powell's father, says it's not uncommon for his daughter and her husband to go to bed late. He also says Josh is known to lose track of time and show up hours late to events.

BBM

FWIW, I have what I will call a family friend whose ex-husband would always show up late to family events. Hours late. He was late to his own daughter's first birthday party. Claimed it was because of work. One year, on Halloween, he was supposed to come home around 5 to go trick or treating with us. He was supposed to pick up pizza on the way home. Their baby girl was just a few months old at the time. He waltzes in the house about 8:30 and just goes about his business. The baby was fussy, so I offered to take her back to the house and watch her. When he came home, he just said "Hi" while his daughter was crying and fussing...didn't even offer to take her after not seeing her all day and trying to comfort her. Anyway, months later he came home and told his wife he didn't love her anymore and he wanted a divorce. He had been having an affair for quite awhile, it seems.

Not saying that's the case here, Josh could just simply be an idiot who loses track of time. It just kind of reminded me of this guy.

Patty G
12-19-2009, 09:13 PM
Thank you Patty G.- the video is beautiful!

It cuts out, though, just after the song gets started. A longer version of the song would be perfect! Is that possible?

(I'm sure glad you know how to do all that video stuff, because I don't have a clue! Anytime I want to see something, I just head over to your page on YouTube- I'm a subscriber to your channel. Thank you for all you do, Patty G.)!

Nope, can't make it any longer. I can only work with what YouTube allows me to work with using "Audio Swap". The song is about 4 minutes long, but my slides are much shorter. :(

Thank you for coming to my YouTube channel. :)

Angel Who Cares
12-19-2009, 09:26 PM
* A lot of comments in this article!
UPDATED: Friend defends husband of missing Utah woman
December 19th, 2009 @ 2:00pm
<snipped>
Hamberg said he does not believe that Josh Powell's hiring of defense attorney Scott Williams is an admission of guilt, but instead evidence Powell "felt so overwhelmed that he needed help."

Hamberg, who belongs to a computer club with Josh Powell, said his friend was at his house as recently as Tuesday.

"He was so distraught. He could either be completely overwhelmed or ridden with guilt. I'd like to believe he's innocent," Hamberg said.

Tom McLachlan, a police captain in West Valley City, a suburb of Salt Lake City, said Saturday that investigators continue to check out leads.

"There is really nothing new in the case," he said. "We continue to collect and analyze evidence."

Article:
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=9088937
*Added for easy quick reference!
Police Still Puzzled Over Utah Mom's Disappearance
5:24 PM MST, December 18, 2009
<snipped>
Charles Cox, Susan Powell's father, says it's not uncommon for his daughter and her husband to go to bed late. He also says Josh is known to lose track of time and show up hours late to events.

"He gets lost in what he's doing," he said. "And he would think nothing of, 'Oh, let's go get something.' If he could do something in the middle of the night and thought he'd wanted to do it, he'd do it. Does it doesn't sound totally out there? No, not based on his personality."

Court records show that the family filed for bankruptcy in 2007. Police have reportedly obtained a notebook or journal from Susan Powell's office that describes an alleged threat made by her husband about a year ago.

Video: Josh Powell Said To Have Briefly Disappeared During Investigation 2:37
http://www.fox13now.com/videobeta/watch/?watch=9752073a-2fc2-4321-90a3-fdaf9bed499d&src=front

Video: Police Still Puzzled over Missing Utah Mom's Disappearance
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-video-police-still-puzzled-missing-wvc-mom,0,5196280.tivideo

Video: Family, Friends of Susan Powell Continue Search after More than Week Missing
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-video-powell-family-continues-search-week-mor,0,5123840.tivideo

Video: WVC Police Serve Another Search Warrant at Powell Home
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-video-wvc-police-serve-another-search-warrant,0,3147430.tivideo

Video: Powell Family: 'Not a Suprise' Josh is Person of Interest
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-video-powell-family-friend-talks,0,2095325.tivideo

Video: Police Search Powell House Again for Evidence to Help Locate Susan
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-video-another-search-powell-home,0,7408333.tivideo

Video: Family of Missing Utah Mom Speaks Out on Husband
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-tivid-family-missing-utah-mom-speaks-husband,0,7605006.tivideo

Video: Brother-in-law Says Husband of Missing Woman May be Named as a Suspect
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-tivid-family-member-missing-woman-husband,0,1564197.tivideo

Video: Susan Powell's Husband "A Person of Interest" in Wife's Disappearance
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-video-susans-husband-person-of-interest,0,6486300.tivideo

Video: Husband of Missing Woman Hinders Search Investigation
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-video-husband-hinders-search-investigation,0,2134537.tivideo

Video: Police: Missing Utah Woman's Husband Slowing Down Investigation
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-tivid-missing-woman-husband-slowing,0,7872944.tivideo

Video: Police: Missing Utah Mom's Husband Hinders Search
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-tivid-police-missing-woman-husband-hinders,0,3239403.tivideo

Interview Video: Husband of Missing WVC Woman, Josh Powell Speaks to FOX 13
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-video-raw-interview-josh-powell,0,3969436.tivideo

Video: Police Continue Search for Missing West Valley City Woman
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-video-police-continue-search-wvc-woman,0,5990706.tivideo

Video: Josh Powell with Brother-in-law, Press Conference (12.12.09)
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-video-josh-powell-brother-in-law-press-conf,0,3003648.tivideo

Video: Police Continue Search for Missing West Valley City Woman
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-tivid-police-continue-search-missing-woman,0,4873211.tivideo

Video: Where is Susan, WVC Police Search Home for Clues
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-video-police-search-for-wvc-mother,0,5504359.tivideo

PHOTOS: Search for Susan Powell
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-susan-powell-search-pg,0,3213718.photogallery

Related Articles:
Cops: Missing Utah Mom's Son Confirms Camping Trip
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-cops-missing-utah-moms-son-confirms-camping,0,158056.story

Police Again Search Home of Missing Utah Mom
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-police-again-search-home-of-missing-utah-mom,0,2790915.story

Family of Missing Utah Mom Speaks Out on Husband
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-family-of-missing-utah-mom-speaks-out-on,0,4120029.story

Josh Powell Called a 'Person of Interest' in Wife's Disappearance
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-josh-powell-called-a-person-of-interest-in,0,2671348.story

West Valley Police Meet with Missing Woman's Husband
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-west-valley-police-meet-with-missing-womans,0,4998539.story

Timeline: The Disappearance of Susan Powell
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-timeline-missing-west-valley-city-woman,0,1473366.story

Husband of missing Utah woman retains attorney
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-husband-missing-utah-woman-attorney,0,144302.story

Utah mom still missing after one week; police questioning husband
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-utah-mom-missing-week-clues-few,0,3149586.story

Missing Utah Mom's Family Prays For Her Return
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-missing-utah-mom-family-prays-for-her-return,0,1851631.story

Missing Mother Still Sought by Police, Friends and Relatives
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-police-say-missing-mother-case-suspicious,0,6156360.story

Police Continue Search for Missing West Valley City Woman
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-wvc-woman-missing,0,1741948.story

Article:
Investigators Seize More Evidence in Search for Missing Utah Mom
5:22 PM MST, December 18, 2009
<snipped>
Police have now issued five search warrants in the case, including three searches of the Powell home, a search of the family van and one of Josh himself, looking for a DNA sample. Police are not releasing any details on the evidence seized in the case.

Video: Police Seize More Evidence in Missing Utah Mom Case
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-tivid-more-evidence-missing-mom-case,0,3507174.tivideo

Article:
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-evidence-seized-missing-utah-mom,0,54500.story
Salt Lake City-area TV stations subpoenaed in Susan Powell case
Published: Saturday, Dec. 19, 2009 1:59 p.m. MST
<snipped>
Meantime, family members have scheduled a candlelight vigil for Susan Powell in her hometown in the Tacoma, Wash., area.

The vigil will begin at 7 p.m. Sunday at the Ridgecrest building of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 12407 Military Road East, Puyallup, Wash.

"We invite everyone to join us and request that those in attendance bring a candle or two to light in Susan's behalf," said Shelby Gifford, spokeswoman for Susan Powell's father. "We will be meeting outdoors so we encourage you to dress warmly."

Gifford confirmed Saturday that Susan Powell's father, Chuck Cox, has only spoken to his son-in-law twice since the 28-year-old broker for Wells Fargo Financial went missing — once on the telephone and once in person when Cox flew to Utah to assist in the investigation.

Article:
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705352732/Salt-Lake-City-area-TV-stations-subpoenaed-in-Susan-Powell-case.html
Susan Powell Update: Carpet cleaning machine found, husband rents car then disappears, more >>
December 19, 2:28 PM
<snipped>
Carpet cleaning machine found: Police found a carpet cleaning machine inside the house last week when Susan first went missing and during the early stages of the investigation. While police could not comment about the reported wet spot they did confirm a carpet cleaning machine was found in the home, according to Fox 13 News.

Josh rented a car, then went missing for 24 hours: Josh rented a car and briefly disappeared himself, according to Fox 13 News. Detectives said Josh wasn’t seen or heard from for nearly 24 hours. They will not go into detail about the car rental but did say that Josh rented the car when they seized the van to search it. They would not comment when asked how many miles were put on the rental car, which, Fox News reported, could be significant.
*Much more at link!

Article:
http://www.examiner.com/x-22460-Seattle-Family-Examiner~y2009m12d19-Susan-Powell-Update-Carpet-cleaning-machine-found--husband-rents-car-then-disappears-more-gtgt
Vigil planned for Susan Powell
December 19th, 2009 @ 5:49pm
<snipped>
Friends and family of Susan Powell, the West Valley City mother of two who has been missing since Dec. 7, plan to hold a prayer and candlelight vigil Sunday night.

They're informing people about it not only through the media, but through online networking sites like Facebook and Twitter.

West Jordan resident James Hofheins is one of seven administrators of the official search sites. It's a way to keep people constantly informed about developments in the case.

Article:
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9091908

JLMcKenna83
12-19-2009, 09:29 PM
Susan Powell Update: Carpet cleaning machine found, husband rents car then disappears, more >>
December 19, 2:28 PM
<snipped>
Carpet cleaning machine found: Police found a carpet cleaning machine inside the house last week when Susan first went missing and during the early stages of the investigation. While police could not comment about the reported wet spot they did confirm a carpet cleaning machine was found in the home, according to Fox 13 News.

Josh rented a car, then went missing for 24 hours: Josh rented a car and briefly disappeared himself, according to Fox 13 News. Detectives said Josh wasn’t seen or heard from for nearly 24 hours. They will not go into detail about the car rental but did say that Josh rented the car when they seized the van to search it. They would not comment when asked how many miles were put on the rental car, which, Fox News reported, could be significant.
*Much more at link!

Article:

RSBM...

Could they check that carpet cleaning machine for possible traces of blood/dna? Or would the chemicals used to clean the carpet totally obliterate any traces?

smart blonde
12-19-2009, 09:40 PM
Thank you for coming to my YouTube channel. :)
OFF TOPIC to Patty G.:

LOL! The funny thing is, I was a subscriber to your YouTube channel, before I was even a member at Websleuths! (Different user name).

I lurked here (WS) as a non-member for a long time before having the 'proper' e-mail address to join. But, just from reading here, I found your YouTube channel. Cool how it all works out!

(I love when you put 'testing' videos of your precious dog on your channel- I've even commented on a couple of them, maybe 1 1/2 to 2 yrs ago- so cute)!

GingerRed
12-19-2009, 09:44 PM
He's looking everywhere for what's called Narcissistic Supply. Seems his extended family isn't giving it to him... awwww.... but he's getting emotional support from the kids. I'm sure those kids are nothing more than an extension of himself to Josh.

You are so correct on this one. As the daughter and ex-spouse of diagnosed narcissists, I'm reading this one loud and clear.

passionflower
12-19-2009, 09:49 PM

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Forensic Astrology - CASE BRIEFINGS only

the chart is so sad

GingerRed
12-19-2009, 09:50 PM
Ugh to that interview with's Josh's "bud"

Josh worried about Susan "overspending"?? what??

From what I see she was the "breadwinner"...and made the bread too in that family

Maybe if Joshy hadn't declared bankruptcy and /or made more than $1400? a year net
then money would not be "tight"??

I hope they can wrap this up quickly for the sake of the family and kids

You know what? This is a control issue. Having been married to (and now wonderfully divorced from) a controlling narcissist, believe me, I know.

He overspent. He got us into debt consolidation THREE TIMES. I told him we shouldn't eat out. I told him we should cash in stock and pay it down. But no, it was all about status and "things". Later this became the guy in a one million dollar house, turning in a 400K tax return in a motion to stop paying child support because he was "broke". I was accused of "overspending" when I bought a $14 winter coat for our toddler daughter.

"overspending" to someone like this means it wasn't a new toy, gadget, car, that JOSH wanted. It's not about spending. It's about Josh.

lonetraveler
12-19-2009, 09:58 PM
Just stopping in to see what is happening..

Josh really needs to "come clean"

I do worry about the boys....I wish there were laws that would remove children temporarily from even a "person of interest" (Yes, I worried while Drew Peterson had custody all that long while until he was arrested)

One thing I did think of...and it gives me chills...what if Josh killed Susan, and scrambled to get rid of her body, set up the fans etc...but while riding around was contemplating killing himself and even the boys?? There are many horrible cases like this...where a killer dad (sometimes mother) kills then decides to end it all..and take the whole family

I shudder to think of Josh riding around...

I really hope someone is with those boys 24/7...

I also don't feel that they need Josh there for Christmas...they have horrors to face as they grow up and they don't need to remember that they spent the holidays with him after he (presumably) murdered their mom

I hope they arrest Josh, the sooner the better.....especially for the sake and welfare of those poor kids

~~~~ Video ?? I wonder if they took pictures of his "frostbitten hands" that first day///??? maybe they want to have some reference about them

BBM: The dummy probably forgot to bring a shovel. Maybe it is a good thing, if you can call it that, that maybe he had to use his hands to cover Susan's remains. That would make it a bit easier to find her because you can only dig so deep in a frozen ground with your hands. He probably covered her with snow. JMO, of course.

Fairy1
12-19-2009, 10:03 PM
Saw coverage of Susan on both our local news and the national news tonight (NBC).

Tick tock Josh....

passionflower
12-19-2009, 10:08 PM
You know what? This is a control issue. Having been married to (and now wonderfully divorced from) a controlling narcissist, believe me, I know.

He overspent. He got us into debt consolidation THREE TIMES. I told him we shouldn't eat out. I told him we should cash in stock and pay it down. But no, it was all about status and "things". Later this became the guy in a one million dollar house, turning in a 400K tax return in a motion to stop paying child support because he was "broke". I was accused of "overspending" when I bought a $14 winter coat for our toddler daughter.

"overspending" to someone like this means it wasn't a new toy, gadget, car, that JOSH wanted. It's not about spending. It's about Josh.

yep and Greedy

passionflower
12-19-2009, 10:10 PM
Saw coverage of Susan on both our local news and the national news tonight (NBC).

Tick tock Josh....

Bet JP never dreamt that his crime would bring international interest!

passionflower
12-19-2009, 10:15 PM
How can we find Joshua Powells DOB????
We REALLY need it over at forensic astro thread.
Any ideas?
I've tried several places and nothing..........

was it on bankruptcy documents???

lonetraveler
12-19-2009, 10:20 PM
New information has surfaced in the case of missing Utah mom, Susan Powell, 28 (detailed below). Susan's husband, Joshua Powell, was the last person to see her before she disappeared after midnight Dec. 7. She's been missing for nearly two weeks and hopes of finding her alive are dwindling.
West Valley City Police Captain (http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-police-puzzled-utah-moms-disappearance,0,3590060.story), Tom McLachlan, said, “Usually something will surface within a few hours or a day, and everybody goes home happy and singing Kumbaya … on this one, that's not happening, and we're very concerned about that.”

Josh Powell is the only person of interest in this case and police suspect foul play. Josh’s actions seem to speak louder than words these days – though his words have been few, according to police.

Carpet cleaning machine found: Police found a carpet cleaning machine inside the house last week when Susan first went missing and during the early stages of the investigation. While police could not comment about the reported wet spot they did confirm a carpet cleaning machine was found in the home, according to Fox 13 News (http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-police-puzzled-utah-moms-disappearance,0,3590060.story).

Josh rented a car, then went missing for 24 hours: Josh rented a car and briefly disappeared himself, according to Fox 13 News (http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-police-puzzled-utah-moms-disappearance,0,3590060.story). Detectives said Josh wasn’t seen or heard from for nearly 24 hours. They will not go into detail about the car rental but did say that Josh rented the car when they seized the van to search it. They would not comment when asked how many miles were put on the rental car, which, Fox News reported, could be significant.

(more at link)

Drew Peterson disappeared for a few days immediately following the disappearance. I'm a bit surprised in both cases, Peterson's and Josh Powell's, that LE did not have someone watch their every move during the investigations.

Fairy1
12-19-2009, 10:22 PM
Any ideas?

It would be helpful but I can't find it either. He doesn't look 38 to me.

omegagal
12-19-2009, 10:26 PM

Ginger - I see you were married to my x-husband as well.....

These narcissists are tight wads with a capital T.... It's all about control. My x controlled everything. In separating from wife #1 dropped the 250k job to get a lower paying job (with what he thought was high status). All to look "broke" to the judge. Then when he felt "safe" moved on to now work at a high status law firm in SLC. I am certain he's about to quit that job so wife #3 can support them. They are all super duper cheap because it's all about....CONTROL...

I even have to go in and edit posts because once afraid, always afraid of a psychopath...

passionflower
12-19-2009, 10:29 PM
Drew Peterson disappeared for a few days immediately following the disappearance. I'm a bit surprised in both cases, Peterson's and Josh Powell's, that LE did not have someone watch their every move during the investigations.

BBM[B]
Unbelieveable.........hope someone did!!!! in this case!!!

omegagal
12-19-2009, 10:29 PM
Bet JP never dreamt that his crime would bring international interest!
Right now I would imagine he's basking in it... because he believes he's actually going to get away with it... and everyone will know his name....

But he doesn't understand that God knows him by name as well... and he's not going to let Joshy boy get away with this..... we're all going to know his name all right!!!!

Fairy1
12-19-2009, 10:34 PM
Right now I would imagine he's basking in it... because he believes he's actually going to get away with it... and everyone will know his name....

But he doesn't understand that God knows him by name as well... and he's not going to let Joshy boy get away with this..... we're going to know his name alright!!!!

I so hope you're right, but I'm a bit worried. On the news, LE was saying they don't even know where to begin looking for Susan and it could be YEARS before she is found. :furious:

Vegas Bride
12-19-2009, 10:37 PM
Any ideas?

Hopefully when he is arrested and booked his information will be found on-line.

Something I've been wondering about as far as his control issues with money, not even wanting Susan to buy Christmas gifts for their 2 little boys. We've seen several beautiful pictures of Susan and her children (yes I know they also include J but I don't want to include him in the beautiful part) to me those look like professionally taken photos which are not cheap, I'm wondering if J wanted those taken as a way to appear successful, showing off to people.

VB

passionflower
12-19-2009, 10:37 PM
I so hope you're right, but I'm a bit worried. On the news, LE was saying they don't even know where to begin looking for Susan and it could be YEARS before she is found. :furious:

That's what he wants because her body holds the key to what happened to her........how he murdered her.

Taminator
12-19-2009, 10:39 PM
Any ideas?

http://www.intelius.com/search-summary-out.php?ReportType=1&qf=joshua&qmi=&qn=powell&qs=UT&trackit=74&focusfirst=1

Result number 3 says that he is 33 yrs old. I wish I could pay to find out his DOB, but I can't. There's got to be some place to get his DOB. Shouldn't it be on the court docs somewhere that were posted regarding the bankruptcy?

passionflower
12-19-2009, 10:41 PM
Hopefully when he is arrested and booked his information will be found on-line.

Something I've been wondering about as far as his control issues with money, not even wanting Susan to buy Christmas gifts for their 2 little boys. We've seen several beautiful pictures of Susan and her children (yes I know they also include J but I don't want to include him in the beautiful part) to me those look like professionally taken photos which are not cheap, I'm wondering if J wanted those taken as a way to appear successful, showing off to people.

VB

The image of a happy, successful man and his family for his business adventures. Wonder when and if he had an office if some were on the walls!!!
Like a business advertising write off???

Djane
12-19-2009, 10:45 PM
http://www.intelius.com/search-summary-out.php?ReportType=1&qf=joshua&qmi=&qn=powell&qs=UT&trackit=74&focusfirst=1

Result number 3 says that he is 33 yrs old. I wish I could pay to find out his DOB, but I can't. There's got to be some place to get his DOB. Shouldn't it be on the court docs somewhere that were posted regarding the bankruptcy?

The DOB for that result is January 20, 1976. He is 33 yrs old.

CCup
12-19-2009, 10:49 PM
Have we ever established where his parents are or if they are living or deceased?

passionflower
12-19-2009, 10:53 PM

Thankyou! and was he born right there in UTAH???

Angel Who Cares
12-19-2009, 10:57 PM
Does anyone have Josh Powell's date of birth? They could use it on the Forensic Astrology thread to do a chart on him.
Thanks.

Does anyone have an acct. with Intelius? His birthdate is available there!!! TIA

Birth Date: Available
Phone #: Available

LOCATIONS FOR JOSH POWELL:
6 Addresses in Puyallup, WA
2 Addresses in Veradale, WA
1 Address in Seattle, WA
1 Address in Salt Lake City, UT

RELATIVES OF JOSH POWELL:
» Joshua Powell
» Susan Powell
http://www.intelius.com/background.php?ReportType=8&

We can try to check any other public records from all of the areas he has lived to see if he has had a tickets or anything....that may show his DOB!! TIA :waitasec:

ETA: Here is another link that may help us find his DOB as well!
http://www.123people.com/s/josh+powell/salt+lake+city+ut

or here as well:
US People Search: Get the Information You Need on Josh Powell
http://www.ussearch.com/consumer/ala/category.do?cid=5101&searchtab=home&searchPerson=002037162034&searchFName=Josh&searchLName=Powell&searchState=UT&searchStateJurisdiction=UT&searchCity=Salt Lake City

smart blonde
12-19-2009, 10:57 PM
I still can't shake the image in my head that he backed up to a cliff and threw her/rolled her off.

And then got the van stuck and had to dig it out with his hands.

I don't know why, but I also get the feeling he headed East/NorthEast that night. Towards the mountains, not the desert. Of course, I have nothing to base this on, unfortunately.

Djane
12-19-2009, 10:58 PM
Thankyou! and was he born right there in UTAH???

You're welcome. I didn't get his place of birth, but I believe he was born in WA. He has several old addresses listed there.

nervous_nellie
12-19-2009, 10:59 PM

nope - i asked adnoid when he pulled the bankruptcy, he said none of that is on them any more :(

angeleleven
12-19-2009, 11:03 PM
Geraldo is covering this case tonight on his show.

Taminator
12-19-2009, 11:07 PM
I still can't shake the image in my head that he backed up to a cliff and threw her/rolled her off.

I don't know why, but I also get the feeling he headed East/NorthEast that night. Towards the mountains, not the desert. Of course, I have nothing to base this on, unfortunately.

It's weird that you say that because there is a Pony Express RV Resort which is Northeast of West Valley City.....I thought it was really interesting, but then thought "Nah......"

And apparently it's close to the mountains...

ETA link: http://www.ponyexpressrvresort.com/

passionflower
12-19-2009, 11:09 PM
I have 3 little grandchildren tonight.........watching Christmas stories.........
if you watch Geraldo and get anything news, please let me know!!!

omegagal
12-19-2009, 11:09 PM
I believe LE knows that so they are building a case that will hold up without a body. He's such a dumb criminal. Locks the house up before leaving for the "camping trip". He's probably the laughing stock of the prison tv rooms every where.... I bet they can't wait to "get to know" him!!

passionflower
12-19-2009, 11:23 PM
Do we know who watched the boys while he went away for 24 hours?
Where and why did he leave?
Those 24 hours bug me just like Drew P........
had to 'get away for awhile to CLEAR his head!"
What do these guys do when they leave?
Family,friends and LE doesn't wonder about that at the time???

GingerRed
12-19-2009, 11:26 PM

I'd say you've got a good "gut". When I looked at the map of the area I just instantly thought for sure he'd gone to the mountain/wooded area NE as well. It seems more convenient. And he got stuck.

I wouldn't put it past this rocket scientist to have taken her into Nevada though. I have a feeling mister "bright" might have thought he stood a better chance if she was across state lines. But that is a secondary "gut" feeling. I'm with you on the first.

smart blonde
12-19-2009, 11:28 PM
It's weird that you say that because there is a Pony Express RV Resort which is Northeast of West Valley City.....I thought it was really interesting, but then thought "Nah......"

And apparently it's close to the mountains...

ETA link: http://www.ponyexpressrvresort.com/
Wow! I think this is where there need to start looking! Thank you for sharing this...

Angel Who Cares
12-19-2009, 11:30 PM

:rose: :blowkiss: Thank You Soooooooo Much Djane! :blowkiss: :rose:

ETA: Did anyone give this info to Soulscape & Tuba yet? TIA

dizzychick
12-19-2009, 11:32 PM

I might be able but its's a common name. anyone have his middle name?

passionflower
12-19-2009, 11:33 PM
I kept thinking he put Susan 'close to home' because he is familiar with the area.
Then I thought surely he wouldn't have her in the van for long because of no decomp.
Did he kill her and freeze her in the backyard first before transferring her body because of fluids?
A couple hours in a warm van would leave decomp.
I think you are right that he got stuck somewhere, frost bite hands.

Djane
12-19-2009, 11:36 PM
:rose: :blowkiss: Thank You Soooooooo Much Djane! :blowkiss: :rose:

You're so welcome :blowkiss: I hope someone can submit it to the astros, I'm not sure how to do that...

dizzychick
12-19-2009, 11:37 PM
I might be able but its's a common name. anyone have his middle name?

his middle name is Steven and this was all I could get on him

License Number
5655486-SA00 License Type
Sales Agent Last Name
POWELL First Name
JOSHUA
Middle Name
STEVEN Status
Active Issue Date
20042904 Expiration Date
Association
HOMENET REAL ESTATE, INC. Association License Number
5508394-CN00

passionflower
12-19-2009, 11:39 PM
You're so welcome :blowkiss: I hope someone can submit it to the astros, I'm not sure how to do that...

I did awhile ago

passionflower
12-19-2009, 11:41 PM
Was JP allowed to ever stay back in that house?
Did he go straight to his sister's?
I thought I saw him go into the house to 'git my boys'

Djane
12-19-2009, 11:43 PM
I kept thinking he put Susan 'close to home' because he is familiar with the area.
Then I thought surely he wouldn't have her in the van for long because of no decomp.
Did he kill her and freeze her in the backyard first before transferring her body because of fluids?

I wonder if she was still alive when they left the house? If he drugged her she could have just been unconscious. Did they keep the van or has it been released back to him?

Dr.Fessel
12-19-2009, 11:45 PM
He should be on the geneology sites.

Djane
12-19-2009, 11:45 PM
I did awhile ago

Thank you so much, I'm still kind of a newbie to this. I wasn't sure how to do it. :doh:

SusanB
12-19-2009, 11:46 PM
Hi everyone, I have missed a whole day on here - family stuff, you know! I'm too impatient to go too far back with the posts, and sorry to ask, but can someone fill me in about the 24 hour thing/rented car by JP? What happened with that? Also, I saw the pic #70 - and it surely looks like a ghostly phenomenon or angel. Way cool. My TV's have been used all day because of the blizzard (still going on!) for playstations/movies/ etc, so I've also missed the news all day. What's new if anything on this case today?

passionflower
12-19-2009, 11:47 PM
I wonder if she was still alive when they left the house? If he drugged her she could have just been unconscious. Did they keep the van or has it been released back to him?

Could be, he may of loaded her alive in the van and dumped her alive to boot.......then no decomp.

Fairy1
12-19-2009, 11:47 PM
I'd say you've got a good "gut". When I looked at the map of the area I just instantly thought for sure he'd gone to the mountain/wooded area NE as well. It seems more convenient. And he got stuck.

I wouldn't put it past this rocket scientist to have taken her into Nevada though. I have a feeling mister "bright" might have thought he stood a better chance if she was across state lines. But that is a secondary "gut" feeling. I'm with you on the first.

I hope he did bring her to Nevada - we don't have much snow! He was off the grid for a loooooooooong time. He could have gone in any direction and she could be anywhere, really. But he would had to have used I-15 to get to Nevada - or even Southern Utah. I don't believe there would have been a great deal of traffic on I-15 that late on a Sunday night - except for truckers. LE should get out a picture of the van where the truckers frequent on that route ASAP. A man travelling with two small children in the dead of night may certainly have garnered some attention.

Also, I really can't imagine he would have gone too far off-road in those weather conditions and in a mini-van. If it could just be determined which way he headed, it should be easier to find Susan.

Amity
12-19-2009, 11:48 PM
Do we know who watched the boys while he went away for 24 hours?
Where and why did he leave?
Those 24 hours bug me just like Drew P........
had to 'get away for awhile to CLEAR his head!"
What do these guys do when they leave?
Family,friends and LE doesn't wonder about that at the time???

After reading your post, the thought came into my head (dangerous, I know! :crazy: ) that maybe it should become standard operating proceedure ..... when someone goes missing, especially a wife, girlfriend or child, that LE automatically start secretly following the person last known to have seen the missing person.

In Peterson's case and now here, there is definitely something similar that goes on in the mind's of these sickos....going back to the 'dump' spot to make sure things are covered up well?

nursebeeme
12-19-2009, 11:51 PM
ITA Amity. I am sure that LE has the mileage off of that rental!

eta: I am sure that LE knew the minute that he rented that car! I bet they have been tracking his credit cards, etc

passionflower
12-19-2009, 11:52 PM
Hi everyone, I have missed a whole day on here - family stuff, you know! I'm too impatient to go too far back with the posts, and sorry to ask, but can someone fill me in about the 24 hour thing/rented car by JP? What happened with that? Also, I saw the pic #70 - and it surely looks like a ghostly phenomenon or angel. Way cool. My TV's have been used all day because of the blizzard (still going on!) for playstations/movies/ etc, so I've also missed the news all day. What's new if anything on this case today?

Actually IMO,nothing new exect his friend from a year of semi monthly meetings (24 meetings maybe) said JP went to his house drained emotionally and cried.
I guess according to this guy, JP rented a car (no money Josh)
and disappeared for 24 hours, of course looking for Susan............

We are still speculating on what happened..........
Nothing on news that I have seen.
Father of Susan still being very passive.

passionflower
12-19-2009, 11:55 PM
Is that mini van a 4 wheel drive type?
Heavy duty??

SusanB
12-19-2009, 11:58 PM
OK, so JP rented a car when? Right after he got home at 5PM from "camping?" Did they get the mileage from the car? Did JP tell anyone where he went and why?:waitasec:

passionflower
12-20-2009, 12:00 AM
OK, so JP rented a car when? Right after he got home at 5PM from "camping?" Did they get the mileage from the car? Did JP tell anyone where he went and why?:waitasec:

nothing that I know yet

SusanB
12-20-2009, 12:00 AM
Maybe he went to where her body was deposited to move it do something evidence-wise?

Fairy1
12-20-2009, 12:06 AM

I'm sure LE is all over the rental. However many miles he went in that car, I'm hoping they sent investigators in every direction.

He probably told everyone he was looking for his wife, which probably was true. It's just WHY he was looking for her that would be a lie. Idiot.

Kateyes
12-20-2009, 12:07 AM

I have a question, and I apologize if this was posted earlier. I am finding it hard to read and remember every single thing on this case, as there seems to be so much info, and sadly,so little. Anyway, did LE have cadaver dogs when they searched the house in either search? I haven't read that they did, or did not bring cadaver dogs. And, it seems like LE in this case are playing it close to the vest, and not saying too much. Did LE make any comment on no decomp in the van? Or is the decomp in the van simply an aspect of discussion here on Websleuths? Thanks again.

chicagofa13
12-20-2009, 12:17 AM
I don't have time to see if this was already posted, sorry if it is a repeat:

SALT LAKE CITY - A friend is speaking out in support of Josh Powell, the man police consider the sole person of interest in the disappearance of his wife nearly two weeks ago.

Wayne Hamberg of Salt Lake City said Josh and Susan Powell had problems like any other couple, but he never saw any signs of domestic violence or serious issues.

He said the media shouldn't convict Josh Powell, and he disagrees that his friend has been evasive in television interviews.

...snip

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34492950/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

Kateyes
12-20-2009, 12:21 AM
Ok, I have had several thoughts while reading and catching up on this thread. First, LE made a remark that it could take years to find Susan. Could it be that LE purposely said that to bait Josh in some way? Maybe it will lull him into feeling secure, and then he will travel back to the scene of where he disposed of Susan. Did LE put a tracking chip in his van as LE did with Scott Peterson? (My memory does not tell me that his van was taken by LE and later given back, but my memory has taken a huge hit due to menopause, LOL.)

The next thought concerns the rental car. Perhaps he rented the car to dispose of Susan's clothing, a blanket, any and all types of evidence Josh thought might tie him to Susan's disappearance. He may have thought that so many people would rent it after him that any trace evidence leading back to him would be destroyed. Just a thought. This is such a frustrating case because it is quite clear who LE suspects, even if he is only being called a "person of interest", and yet we don't know anymore than we did two weeks ago when she was first discovered missing. At least Mark Hacking's brothers did the honorable thing and told LE what they knew, and then Mark pled guilty. I don't think any family members even know what Josh may have done, and even if he is arrested I do not believe Josh will plead guilty. JMHO

KAE
12-20-2009, 12:32 AM
After reading your post, the thought came into my head (dangerous, I know! :crazy: ) that maybe it should become standard operating proceedure ..... when someone goes missing, especially a wife, girlfriend or child, that LE automatically start secretly following the person last known to have seen the missing person.

In Peterson's case and now here, there is definitely something similar that goes on in the mind's of these sickos....going back to the 'dump' spot to make sure things are covered up well?

BBM
That's exactly what happened in the Tara Lynn Grant case:
MI-missing washington township: Tara Lynn Grant *merged threads* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Tara's husband Stephen Grant went back to the park to move her torso when he heard they were going to search for her there.

There are lots of similarities to this case.
I'm about 3/4 of the way through the book "Limb From Limb" which is about the murder of Tara Lynn Grant. I highly recommend it.

tfrohning
12-20-2009, 12:50 AM
I guess I miss that Josh was in real estate until I found his web site.. He would have key to homes. Maybe he never camp maybe he stay in a home that was for sale.

Vegas Bride
12-20-2009, 12:53 AM
Sorry if this has already been discussed, I just can't keep up with the thread, but was there trash pickup on Monday? I'm just thinking of the possibility he used a dumpster the same as Hacking. Maybe the whole going off into the dessert is just to lead people away from a place much closer to home.

VB

fran
12-20-2009, 12:57 AM
Obviously Josh has no friends, or he wouldn't have found it necessary to go over to a guy's house, who he only sees twice a month, to snivel about 'boo-hoo, nobody is sticking up for me!'

He was only manipulating Wayne. Poor Wayne just doesn't see it. Just like Josh's bil didn't see it at first either. Then he watches replays of his interview, with poor old Josh standing MUTE beside him, while he, his bil, looked like an idiot saying things like, 'I don't know.'................yeh, and his bil, JOSH, standing right next to him knows the answer and just doesn't say a word.

What a sniveling little coward he is. Oh.................poor thing, he looks so gaunt...................just imagine how Susan looks laying out in the wilderness thrown away like trash with snow falling on her, out there with no defense from scavenger critters..........

Puhleeezzzzzzzzze! GMAB!

Stop already! Don't make any more of a fool of yourself Wayne. When the TRUTH comes out, you will feel like such a idiot!

ggrrrr,
fran

fran
12-20-2009, 01:00 AM
I guess I miss that Josh was in real estate until I found his web site.. He would have key to homes. Maybe he never camp maybe he stay in a home that was for sale.

It's been said that he no longer is in RE. I would imagine with the economy the way it is, he just had to move on. He's supposed to be in IT. But according to a statement by his friend, he's been fired.

I know the article said he was fired because of all the press of this case. But, I can't imagine a company firing somebody for that. Wonder if it had anything to do with him not showing up for work on Monday? Maybe he'd been warned or something.

Interesting,
fran

omegagal
12-20-2009, 01:00 AM
I didn't know if anyone has brought this up here:

On March 20, 2006, Utah House Bill 102, also known as "Lori's Law," was signed into law. It increases the minimum penalty for a person convicted of first degree murder in Utah to fifteen years to life.

Vegas Bride
12-20-2009, 01:03 AM
On local cbs news they are reporting a neighbor is saying he heard something suspicious Sunday night over at the Powells, at 11:45 p.m. he heard a car alarm going off inside their garage.

VB

Angel Who Cares
12-20-2009, 01:07 AM
Missing mom's family casts doubt on son-in-law's story
Worry » Missing mom's parents plead with son-in-law to come forward with any info of woman's whereabouts.
Updated: 12/19/2009 09:49:28 PM MST
<snipped>
In Susan's hometown of Puyallup, she's remembered as the Rogers High School teenager who spelled out "UR A FLAKE" in Corn Flakes in the front yard of a boy she liked, then ran away from the scene giggling with friends.

She's the young woman who earned a scholarship to beauty school to pursue her philosophy that "people should be pretty" and it was her job to make them that way, said her father, Chuck Cox.

"Susan wasn't one to go off quietly into the night. She isn't some mousy little girl who is off hiding somewhere," Chuck Cox said in an interview at the family's Puyallup home. "If she could contact us, she certainly would. The idea that she was sleeping or getting ready for bed at 12:30 a.m. and [her husband] said 'I'm leaving with the boys to go camping' ... I don't think so. No way."

The family is starting to publicly admit frustrations and concerns they've had with their son-in-law's behavior over the years -- reservations they've previously kept to themselves to support their daughter and her family.

"We want to support him, but frankly the story he tells just doesn't come close. Our daughter was not afraid of him. She would stand up to him. If he was taking her children out in that kind of weather, she wouldn't have let him," Chuck Cox said.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life of the party

*Tuba & Soulscape, Take Note Of This below!!! ETA: I let them both know about this info below!
The third of four daughters born to the Coxes, Susan as a child was known for her striking looks, energetic personality and playful jokes. She moved with her family from her birthplace in New Mexico to Alaska and Vancouver, Wash., before the Coxes settled in Puyallup in 1991.

Some of Susan's friends were also put off by Joshua's seemingly anti-social and awkward behavior.

The Coxes silently wondered if Joshua had a possible mental illness, knowing he had a relative that suffered from bipolar disorder. But Joshua's family summed up the man's eccentric behavior as "Josh is just Josh," Chuck Cox said.

They also had "issues" with Joshua's father, Steven Powell, who could not be reached for comment for this story. A man who answered the door of a Puyallup home believed to belong to Steven Powell refused to speak to a Salt Lake Tribune reporter. The Coxes said Steven Powell isn't actively helping with the search for Susan.
*Note: MUCH more NEW INFO in this long article!!!!!!

Article:
http://www.sltrib.com/News/ci_14035282
UPDATED: Vigil planned for Susan Powell
December 19th, 2009 @ 10:05pm
<snipped>
"Having some background with a friend who was missing several months, I know what it's like to have people speculate and make accusations," says James Hofheins, co-administrator of The Family and Friends of Susan Powell Facebook page.

Hofheins not only monitors the discussion boards for negative comments, the goal is to keep everyone on finding Susan sp he can also e-mail missing persons fliers to hundreds, even thousands of people from his kitchen table. In turn, he asks those people to forward on the posters to at least three people.

Chuck Cox, Susan Powell's father, writes often. One posting says: "Please continue to remember her in your prayers, pass on any info to the police, but have a Merry Christmas." It's a simple wish to thousands of new friends.

The vigil is scheduled for Saturday at 8:30 p.m. at the LDS Church building at 3665 S. 6000 West in West Valley City, in the park area behind the church.

*Video Included In Article!

Article:
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=9091908

omegagal
12-20-2009, 01:12 AM
Lot's of good info in this new article. Says Josh is 34.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14035282

Dr.Fessel
12-20-2009, 01:13 AM
Maybe Josh spent the night at home and just left early in the morning with the boys. It bothers me the spot on the rug was still wet when police got there in the afternoon with 2 fans running on it.

Vegas Bride
12-20-2009, 01:25 AM
After reading the new SLCT article, the fact her parents provided her with a cell phone "just in case" speaks volumes to me.
I hope they're able to get answers soon.

VB

nursebeeme
12-20-2009, 01:26 AM
Lot's of good info in this new article. Says Josh is 34.

snip:

the family reached out to Susan out of concern that a day might come when she needed their assistance.
Chuck Cox said he bought his daughter a cell phone when she moved to Utah so she could use it for emergencies. Joshua Powell knew about the phone, he said, but he and Judy paid the bill each month to ensure his daughter had a way to call them.
"We wanted her to be able to call us whenever she wanted -- just on the off chance that if something ever got really weird -- we wanted to cover all of our bases so she could call us for help," he said.

sounds to me like they had lots of concern about Susan leading up to her vanishing into thin air.

Fairy1
12-20-2009, 01:30 AM

SALT LAKE CITY - A friend is speaking out in support of Josh Powell, the man police consider the sole person of interest in the disappearance of his wife nearly two weeks ago.

Wayne Hamberg of Salt Lake City said Josh and Susan Powell had problems like any other couple, but he never saw any signs of domestic violence or serious issues.

He said the media shouldn't convict Josh Powell, and he disagrees that his friend has been evasive in television interviews.

...snip

We have heard from "Wayne." Even if he is a friend of Josh's, he's only known him for a year. That hardly makes him an expert. IMO.

Dr.Fessel
12-20-2009, 01:32 AM
They also had "issues" with Joshua's father, Steven Powell, who could not be reached for comment for this story. A man who answered the door of a Puyallup home believed to belong to Steven Powell refused to speak to a Salt Lake Tribune reporter. The Coxes said Steven Powell isn't actively helping with the search for Susan.

GingerRed
12-20-2009, 01:33 AM

Most of those realtor key thingees have a unique key code you type in. If he was in one of them, it can be traced. IF they know where to look.

omegagal
12-20-2009, 01:38 AM
Most of those realtor key thingees have a unique key code you type in. If he was in one of them, it can be traced. IF they know where to look.
Josh supposedly isn't a realtor any more. (for about a year) He would have had to continue to pay his realtor association and mls dues which is very costly so my understanding is he left to work in IT.

Angel Who Cares
12-20-2009, 01:44 AM
Here's PattyG's YouTube page for all of our new members! :wink:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Sierra1947

She has downloaded Geraldo from this evening!!!

I don't see her on-line, so I will post them for her. :winko:
Thanks PattyG! :blowkiss:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0USU_Fj1kE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjV7k_uSEJY
The Search For Susan Powell
*Link Includes All Articles, Videos, Websites & More!
http://www.fox13now.com/news/thesearchforsusanpowell/

SusanB
12-20-2009, 02:04 AM
snip:

sounds to me like they had lots of concern about Susan leading up to her vanishing into thin air.

I totally agree. It seems to me that they have been concerned for awhile. I have never heard of a grown woman's father supplying a cell phone "just in case something happens." Very suspicious to me, like she had been communicating to her family what had beenn going on in that marriage. I know the Cox's are torn apart that they could not do anything to prevent this tragedy.
I wonder who was keeping the children while JP "went missing" for the first 24 hours in the rental car. hope he was dumb enough to go back to the dump site, and the car had either GPS or the mileage noted.
I am so sure that LE has a lot of these facts, and are not sharing them w/public (as well they should).
I think LE wants JP to believe he's got time, or that there is no clues leading to him. That's why they said, "it may take YEARS to find her." they want him to trip up and possibly do something stupid like return to the scene of the crime (if he hasn't already). He may have gone back in the rental car to bury the body better (was in a snowstorm before) or somehow get rid of evidence, possibly even move the body. :loser:

nursebeeme
12-20-2009, 02:07 AM

Although Hamberg has never met Susan Powell, he says Joshua talked about her occasionally during their twice-monthly club gatherings. "Usually, when he had something to say, it was nice," he says. "I do know, though, that he thought Susan was overspending. So there were some financial problems. But that happens to a lot of families."

interesting

kiki the parrot
12-20-2009, 02:11 AM
This clown has known Josh a year through twice a month meetings and that makes him an expert on Josh's life? IMO, he "gets" Josh and feels sorry for him because he is the same way himself. This dude needs to go sit down somewhere and shut up.

(bbm) How funny suzi, I had the exact same thought lol, that only someone w similar issues would be "feeling" so much of JP's "pain."

From the Fox article:

FWIW, I have what I will call a family friend whose ex-husband would always show up late to family events. Hours late. He was late to his own daughter's first birthday party. Claimed it was because of work. One year, on Halloween, he was supposed to come home around 5 to go trick or treating with us. He was supposed to pick up pizza on the way home. Their baby girl was just a few months old at the time. He waltzes in the house about 8:30 and just goes about his business. The baby was fussy, so I offered to take her back to the house and watch her. When he came home, he just said "Hi" while his daughter was crying and fussing...didn't even offer to take her after not seeing her all day and trying to comfort her. Anyway, months later he came home and told his wife he didn't love her anymore and he wanted a divorce. He had been having an affair for quite awhile, it seems.

Not saying that's the case here, Josh could just simply be an idiot who loses track of time. It just kind of reminded me of this guy.

Agree... a total disconnect going on, thoroughly self-involved IMO.

gitana1
12-20-2009, 02:16 AM

Can you link me? Please?

kiki the parrot
12-20-2009, 02:19 AM

Is it only in the movies that LE's had time to install GPS in the loaner :angel: Of course, this would have meant having tailed him right off the bat (upon seizing the Powell's vehicle) to the rental place where he went almost immediately... I wish... :prayer:

kiki the parrot
12-20-2009, 02:23 AM
I totally agree. It seems to me that they have been concerned for awhile. I have never heard of a grown woman's father supplying a cell phone "just in case something happens." Very suspicious to me, like she had been communicating to her family what had beenn going on in that marriage. I know the Cox's are torn apart that they could not do anything to prevent this tragedy.
I wonder who was keeping the children while JP "went missing" for the first 24 hours in the rental car. hope he was dumb enough to go back to the dump site, and the car had either GPS or the mileage noted.
I am so sure that LE has a lot of these facts, and are not sharing them w/public (as well they should).
I think LE wants JP to believe he's got time, or that there is no clues leading to him. That's why they said, "it may take YEARS to find her." they want him to trip up and possibly do something stupid like return to the scene of the crime (if he hasn't already). He may have gone back in the rental car to bury the body better (was in a snowstorm before) or somehow get rid of evidence, possibly even move the body. :loser:

(bbm) Yes rental car agencies always record mileage so at least LE will have that which will at least yield some idea of how far he could've gone. I'm like you, hoping LE was already tailing him w GPS already installed, in a specially chosen car w Josh's name written all over it.:biggrin:

Dr.Fessel
12-20-2009, 02:24 AM
Is it only in the movies that LE's had time to install GPS in the loaner :angel: Of course, this would have meant having tailed him right off the bat (upon seizing the Powell's vehicle) to the rental place where he went almost immediately... I wish... :prayer:

I wonder though if all newer rentals have them. I think the insurance companies that cover them would insist on it.

Paulette
12-20-2009, 02:26 AM
Can you link me? Please?

Scroll down to Forum Jump. Under current events you'll see Forensic Astrology, click on it and go to the last page of 'Case Briefings'. Scroll down about 1/2 the page. I forget what # it is.

gitana1
12-20-2009, 02:27 AM

I don't get this male camaraderie thing. His friend is willing to be there for Josh because "even if he did it, he needs support" What? I would be horrified if I thought my friend did such a thing. I would be scared, disgusted, shocked and unsafe around him or her. I would probably have the wherewithall (SP?) to tell him or her to get an attorney but I would not want to be anywhere near such a person and I would certainly tell them to do the right thing for the sake of the missing person and his or her family. Where is the sympathy for Suan? Her little boys? Her poor, suffering parents? What the heck is this? Is it a male thing, something deep within some men that they can identify with the desire to kill or is it just this wacky friend? Male sleuthers, please enlighten and tell me what you would do in such a situation and please think about it, don't just say your first thought.
And, what the heck does Wayne's family think? If that was my husband, he would not be bringing home his dear friend to my house. But, perhaps Wayne isn't married. What happened to loyalty to the innocent? What happened to morality above friendship? What the heck?

SusanB
12-20-2009, 02:33 AM
Just wanted the Geraldo interview that PattyG posted (ThanksPG!) No real new facts, seems like Geraldo was so trying to egg on the family into saying things derogatory to JP, but they would not.
I remember an interview with the neighbor that I saw in a link from here - I beleive it was Tim Petersen if I am not mistaken, who said that Susan told him that if things were not better, she was going to start divorce proceedings in the spring. He is the only person who has outright said they were having trouble, and may split up. Everyone else shuffles around saying "they had their ups and downs like any married couple."
But not every husband threatens his wife (as supposedly her diary found at work has in her writing).
Not every husband whose "beloved" wife is missing hides away, avoids the media, creates unrealistic alibis and "goes missing" by himself for the intial 24 hours of the seaqrch investigation.:loser:

gitana1
12-20-2009, 02:33 AM
Anyone think it's odd that he says in an interview

"i love her, my boys love her"

I would think that common speech would be "her boys love her" or "our boys love her"

but who knows, everyone is different. I just know in my family we only use "your" or "my" son in jest. If I say "my son" to my ex, who is a controller, will get angry that I said "my" and not "our". I'm just curious if there is any psychology to this.

I think it is telling. He uses "my" boys instead of "the" boys or our boys because they are truly "his" boys now, in his mind, since she is dead. Sick.

tfrohning
12-20-2009, 02:53 AM
It's been said that he no longer is in RE. I would imagine with the economy the way it is, he just had to move on. He's supposed to be in IT. But according to a statement by his friend, he's been fired.

I know the article said he was fired because of all the press of this case. But, I can't imagine a company firing somebody for that. Wonder if it had anything to do with him not showing up for work on Monday? Maybe he'd been warned or something.

Interesting,
fran

Oh! his website is up and running with open houses 19th and 20th.

And picture of Josh.

omegagal
12-20-2009, 02:59 AM

And picture of Josh.
Well then it looks like Josh somehow found enough money to reinstate his realtors license, pay his association dues, mls fees and lockbox key fees. My estimate is about $800. hmmm... Anyone have a link to the Utah Board of Real Estate licensing website?

loser...

Dr.Fessel
12-20-2009, 03:00 AM

And picture of Josh.

Can you link it? I have never seen it.

omegagal
12-20-2009, 03:03 AM
Got it:

Name JOSH POWELL
City, State, Zip SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84128
Profession Real Estate Agents/Companies
License Type Principal Broker
License # 5655486-PB00
License Status Active
Status Change Reason License Issuance
Original Issue Date 11/12/2008
Expiration Date 09/30/2010
Disciplinary Action None
Phone 8019946751/CELL
Company Name JOSH POWELL

gitana1
12-20-2009, 03:05 AM

...snip

Someone mentioned that the friend is speaking out and sympathetic because he may be the same type of selfish, narcissistic aZZ. I think I agree. I cannot stand these types who jump to the defense in such outrageous ways, of such obviously guilty parties. I hope the public reads this Wayne character the riot act. "Oh, everyone is so mean to Josh! Poor guy! Don't try him in the media! he's not evasive! I mean, he may be guilty, but if he is, I'm sure he had a good reason to off his wife and make his kids motherless!" Really jackazz? Okay, whatever.

tfrohning
12-20-2009, 03:06 AM

http://www.joshpowellrealtor.com/

Ransom
12-20-2009, 03:06 AM

http://www.joshpowellrealtor.com

Go to "school reports" ... it's new as of Dec. 11th
Check out "about" and then "about Josh".

gitana1
12-20-2009, 03:07 AM
I didn't know if anyone has brought this up here:

On March 20, 2006, Utah House Bill 102, also known as "Lori's Law," was signed into law. It increases the minimum penalty for a person convicted of first degree murder in Utah to fifteen years to life.

15 years. Such a pittance for a life taken away.

gitana1
12-20-2009, 03:12 AM

Eecch!

gitana1
12-20-2009, 03:14 AM
His smarmy face just smirking away like butter wouldn't melt in his mouth. Icky.

omegagal
12-20-2009, 03:18 AM

And picture of Josh.
Where are you reading that he has open houses coming up????

omegagal
12-20-2009, 03:23 AM

These kinds of websites do automatic updating for schools. It's actually just a link to another site. There are no Open Houses for Josh. The links you see are for other realtor's Open Houses, not Josh's...

tfrohning
12-20-2009, 03:25 AM
Where are you reading that he has open houses coming up????

up in the right hand cornor...with a slide show of homes.

omegagal
12-20-2009, 03:26 AM
Okay now double click on it and scroll down under realtor's name... who do you see there? This is also just a link to Utah Homes.com where all the realtor's Open Houses and Listings come up.

adnoid
12-20-2009, 03:28 AM
...was it on bankruptcy documents???

Unfortunately all that stuff has been redacted from public filings for a couple of years.

tfrohning
12-20-2009, 03:30 AM

Open House schedule
Date Start Time End Time
12/20/2009 1:00 pm 4:00
copy and paste

adnoid
12-20-2009, 03:31 AM
I don't get this male camaraderie thing. His friend is willing to be there for Josh because "even if he did it, he needs support" What?...

I don't get it and I'm male.

omegagal
12-20-2009, 03:32 AM
You can't be a felon and a realtor at the same time so Joshy boy had better be figuring out how to collect trash along the highways and how to make license plates cause a big career in selling houses has gone bye bye.