PDA

View Full Version : UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #4

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

eyes4crime
12-28-2009, 08:24 PM
Ignorant: lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified

As I said earlier, she does sound ignorant.... Ignorant because she doesn't think people should speculate (arm chair detectives statement) and should search for Susan by handing out flyers and accept only half the facts. Based on the facts that we do have, Kiirsi does sound ignorant.. that blog (as Ginger previously said) is all about Kiirsi, not Susan...

I don't think Kiirsi is ignorant! I do think she is personalizing what Mr. public is saying about her and for Kiirsi, that seems to inject toxicity in her life. She's grieving, wants her friend back and seems she doesn't want to imagine the unimaginable - that Josh killed and hid her friend's body. I have no problem with her thinking that. Denial - you bet! Sometimes denial saves a person's sanity and in her case, I think that's exactly what it's doing. mho

harleysnana
12-28-2009, 08:29 PM
The way I see it she can not call the FB thing a powerfull tool in finding Susan if they are not handing out flyers with Josh's picture on them. It appears to me to be a giant thing saying Josh we believe you and think Susan is out there alive.

You are assuming that it's up to Kiirsi to put his picture on a flyer....
You are also assuming that she is saying that she believes Josh...

I don't see it that way....

Patty G
12-28-2009, 08:45 PM
What more do people think Kiirsi should do?
I just don't seem to get it.
As of right now... just now on the news....
Susan Powell case is still a missing person's case...
I'm just not sure what else Kiirsi can do?
That is what I don't get!
The police are in charge of this investigation... not Kiirsi!

I also think it's sad that she felt she needed to even post
about why she is doing what she is...
She shouldn't have to defend herself.

Kiirsi is keeping Susan's face out there ... she is getting media
involved... she is doing all that she can and I'm sure it's hard for
her to sit back and read what others are saying about her.

It's more than likely that he best friend is dead and tossed along the
road somewhere... I think the least we can do is let her do
what she feels she can do to try and bring her friend home
without calling her names!

The problem is, IMO, once you post out to the general public and reprimand others for what they say, you then become a target for the words written in cyber-space. The best thing to do is not say anything especially if you have close ties to the family AND especially if you are asking the cyber-world to join in on a Internet Media Blitz to find Susan.

Patty G
12-28-2009, 08:49 PM
Too many broken quotes, please go back and fix the broken quotes.

what about this?
12-28-2009, 08:49 PM
Well, unbelievable things are happening all around us. People are missing, children are being killed, raped, and kidnapped, and the rest of the community is not supposed to be privy to what happened. It's being kept "close to the vest". BUT, if you know anything call . . .

It takes a village to work together. What happens in our communities happens to us all. LE asks for help, but does not seem to want it or work together. The thing is -- there are a LOT of people out there who really could not care less. It's time for "American Idol" or "Three's Company", turn that off. Really, I think most people don't care.

It's really too bad.

passionflower
12-28-2009, 08:50 PM
I guess we at WS are the arm chair detectives and hateful people that need to put our energy into finding Susan and quit hurting her and Josh.......(sounds like the OTHER woman)
anyway one comment I read an agree with under an article.............it sid

does Kiirsi think people will see Susan's picture and will find Susan in her nighty walking around with amnesia in UTAH weather?

Now if Kiirsa thinks Susan was taken out of state against her will........could be that Josh was the person who did it, dah!!! Where's the FBI then?

I would think if anyone saw Josh and the boys during his 17 hour camping trip and his 24 hour rental car vacation that they would come forward and tell LE.

Patty G
12-28-2009, 08:50 PM
Please note: That is NOT my original post....that was harleysnana.... ( :

I fixed the quote that I posted to.

nervous_nellie
12-28-2009, 08:59 PM
:cow: i feel bad for her, but i feel a lot worse for susan. and i really dont care what kiirsi knows and if she shares it with me or not. just because i have a different view or idea doesnt equate to me being hateful - nope i dont accept that at all. i think shes getting ready to melt down - and i hope her friends can see that she needs to do something to decompress and help her somehow, if she cant handle reading all of the opinions then dont read them...no one is forcing her....

omegagal
12-28-2009, 09:01 PM
Lots of broken quotes. I am replying to this one because it showed I wrote it and I didn't.
They're all fixed now except harleysnana's posts...

nervous_nellie
12-28-2009, 09:06 PM
so did someone kidnap susan and take her out of state or are we suppose to pretend to be nice to josh so maybe he will tell where he put her body?? they two theories dont really match up... im sorry, but im not just going to mindlessly do what they tell me to do, or just accept whatever they say and have no right to question what is going on AND its wrong to ask that of people. i have never thought she was doing this for fame or money and i dont think i have seen any ws posters say anything even close to that.....moo

passionflower
12-28-2009, 09:13 PM
so did someone kidnap susan and take her out of state or are we suppose to pretend to be nice to josh so maybe he will tell where he put her body?? they two theories dont really match up... im sorry, but im not just going to mindlessly do what they tell me to do, or just accept whatever they say and have no right to question what is going on and its wrong to ask that of people. i have never thought she was doing this for fame or money and i dont think i have seen any ws posters say anything even close to that.....moo

same here, must be her own guilty conscience????
I never even thought of that at all.

hoppyfrog
12-28-2009, 09:20 PM
Please remember that it is against WS TOS to post any quotes from blogs.

Thanks,

Hoppy

nervous_nellie
12-28-2009, 09:39 PM
all in all i dont think kiirsi and her opinion really matter...what i mean is i dont think it matters if i or you agree or disagree with her. it would be great if she is right and susan has been kidnapped and is being held against her will, that there is still a chance that susan can come home to her boys and family. i want that to happen more than i want to be correct in my suspicions of josh killing her. but that is what i think has probably happened. and until something of substance is provided to say otherwise, that is what my opinion is going to be. the last thing i want to do is be hurtful to anyone here on ws. we all have the same goal of bringing susan home and i believe that all of our opinions are vital to what we are doing here, and for us to just stall out and start fighting is a waste of time. most of all if i offended anyone, i am sorry. that was not my intention. :)

angeleleven
12-28-2009, 10:02 PM
all in all i dont think kiirsi and her opinion really matter...what i mean is i dont think it matters if i or you agree or disagree with her. it would be great if she is right and susan has been kidnapped and is being held against her will, that there is still a chance that susan can come home to her boys and family. i want that to happen more than i want to be correct in my suspicions of josh killing her. but that is what i think has probably happened. and until something of substance is provided to say otherwise, that is what my opinion is going to be. the last thing i want to do is be hurtful to anyone here on ws. we all have the same goal of bringing susan home and i believe that all of our opinions are vital to what we are doing here, and for us to just stall out and start fighting is a waste of time. most of all if i offended anyone, i am sorry. that was not my intention. :)

One thing is for sure, if Susan has been kidnapped or held against her will, I haven't seen Josh cry or call out to her, or assist in finding her. He seems to be running in the opposite direction and already starting his life over. I feel if he was concerned (at least for the kids' sake) he would be working right with LE and offering any kind of help possible.

I'm not married now, but I SURE WOULD NOT want anything to happen to my kids' father.

Aqua
12-28-2009, 10:11 PM
While we could have done without Kiirsi's BIO....She does appear to be in denial. If she's attempting to round up folks to search for Susan... her words were downright rude.

BTW..anyone have a maiden name for Kiirsi? I live not far from where she grew up.

v0x
12-28-2009, 10:18 PM
There are no woods. We obviously live near mountain ranges - but they are not walking distance. She lives in the burbs of Salt Lake City. Houses are pretty close to each other. I know folks have posted links from where they live on Google Earth... you can see (below link) there is not really any place to wander and 'get lost' and the homes are pretty close to each other. 20 steps and you can be in your neighbors driveway. The whole area is pretty heavily populated. So... if you was going to go that route I would hope someone would have found her by now.

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=safari&rls=en&q=Sarah+Cir,+Salt+Lake+City,+UT+84128&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Sarah+Cir,+West+Valley+City,+UT+84128&gl=us&ei=YzQ5S5aUOYyLnQezt5DvCA&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CAgQ8gEwAA

What are all the circular objects in the yards in satellite view? Alot of the houses seem to have them in the area.

lajr56
12-28-2009, 10:23 PM
What are all the circular objects in the yards in satellite view? Alot of the houses seem to have them in the area.

I am guessing they are trampolines.

omegagal
12-28-2009, 10:30 PM
While we could have done without Kiirsi's BIO....She does appear to be in denial. If she's attempting to round up folks to search for Susan... her words were downright rude.

BTW..anyone have a maiden name for Kiirsi? I live not far from where she grew up.
Branham

agathawannabe
12-28-2009, 10:49 PM

I'm guessing propane tanks - maybe?

sunflowerchick
12-28-2009, 10:55 PM
I'm guessing propane tanks - maybe?

They aren't propane tanks... This neighborhood has natural gas. I think, like a previous person posted they are trampolines. Trampolines are actually really common here in Utah...

Dr.Fessel
12-28-2009, 11:00 PM
They aren't propane tanks... This neighborhood has natural gas. I think, like a previous person posted they are trampolines. Trampolines are actually really common here in Utah...

Most big mormon families in Idaho had them too.

nursebeeme
12-28-2009, 11:04 PM
There are no woods. We obviously live near mountain ranges - but they are not walking distance. She lives in the burbs of Salt Lake City. Houses are pretty close to each other. I know folks have posted links from where they live on Google Earth... you can see (below link) there is not really any place to wander and 'get lost' and the homes are pretty close to each other. 20 steps and you can be in your neighbors driveway. The whole area is pretty heavily populated. So... if you was going to go that route I would hope someone would have found her by now.

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=safari&rls=en&q=Sarah+Cir,+Salt+Lake+City,+UT+84128&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Sarah+Cir,+West+Valley+City,+UT+84128&gl=us&ei=YzQ5S5aUOYyLnQezt5DvCA&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CAgQ8gEwAA
GREAT POINTS! they are great points.. seriously. And if she were to have wandered off we would have found her already. If she had chosen to leave him and abscond.. we would have found her equally quickly imhoo.

She did NOT leave that house on her own... beit her own planning or otherwise. She DID NOT let her kids go sledding and camping in a blizzard. So what does that leave us? Yes. We all know.

She left the house that night injured and dead or dying at the hands of someone in the house... Anyone call Joshua? I DO!

He had PLENTY OF TIME to get her out and disposed of with no one knowing a thing except that hours had passed. In Utah...with the terrain that is like a FRAGMENT OF A NEEDLE IN A DOZEN HAYSTACKS. Josh knows this.

I am SURE HIS DEFENSE ATTY has told him the same thing.. and Josh knowns he will most likely not be found out. I think the greatest posibility of finding where he dumped Susan lies in where he went in the rental car and comparing the mileage between the rental and the family van.

I PRAY that they will be able to find where he dumped Susan. He dumped her like trash, in my honest opinion.

I don't see her walking out of the clouds alive somewhere... or emerging from some secret hiding place to say here I am! I see another Lacy Peterson... waiting to be found... whether she was sunk or burried or submerged.. well that remains to be seen but what underlies this whole thing is an ABUSIVE HUSBAND that LAST SAW HIS WIFE ALIVE and all of a sudden SHE WAS GONE!

Yes, I am mad! I am sick of this same type of scenario! Please let us fInd Susan soon.. and PLEASE GET HER CHILDREN IN A SAFE SITUATION!

what about this?
12-28-2009, 11:15 PM
How can anyone claim to love Susan, say there are things we don't know, believe she has been taken out of Utah, and we are stupid (so to speak) for questioning that?

Are we in the Twilight Zone? Because it sure feels like it.

kiki the parrot
12-28-2009, 11:16 PM
You would think it would have hit the newspapers, discussed on national news or at least on all the boards across the Interent. :crazy:

Refusing to take a polygraph, whether it's admissible or not, is a pretty big deal. Worthy of at least a couple headlines, I would think. Just sayin'.

BBM

I see #37 has now been changed to reflect what we do know. Thanks. :)

Originally Posted by fran
Things are mounting up.............anyone else?

.......REASONS TO SUSPECT HUSBAND OR QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ANSWERED, BEFORE HUSBAND CAN BE ELIMINATED AS A POI
fran

1. Husband not the one who reported victim missing.

2. Husband had 'odd' alibi, ie going camping in sub-zero temperartures, late at night, leaving sick wife home alone in bed, and taking two toddlers, pre five yo's into the freezing winter night.

3. Change of story details, here and there or becoming evasive.

4. Avoiding media contact. The few times media managed to get a statement. He cut them off when they asked detailed questions about camping location. His excuse was "I have to get my boys." IMHO, he's using the boys as a shield.

5. Avoiding media questions, ie "Is that where you went camping?" to which he replies, "I have to pick up my boys."

6. Avoids wife-victim's family.

7. Stops talking to LE

8. Concerned with 'his house.'

9. Speaks of victim in 'past-tense.'

10. Speaks of 'buying new clothes and comforter.'

11. Unexplained 'wet spot' in carpeting and 'fans being used to dry.'

12. Gradual release of 'friends and family' speaking of marital problems.

13. Alleged from 'friends' of husband having control issues, which included control of wife ie victim.

14. Alleged from 'friends' of 'verbal abuse' by husband of victim.

15. Alleged statement by one of the children (ok, possibly rumor) "Daddy said mommy stayed in the woods for awhile."

16. Spoke to neighbor about 'hope his bird isn't dead' but didn't talk about his missing wife.

17. Testing generator late at night on camping trip

18. Sledding in the dark? (Locals, is there a place in that area to go sledding in the dark? He told friend he was taking boys sledding, that was at 5:00p.m. and he was seen returning home at 8:30p.m.)

19. Near frost bitten hands.

20. Just the sheer distance of the alleged camp site (3 or 4 hours drive)

21. NOT one sign of husband camping where he said he was.

22. Just plain talking about 'himself,' rather than his missing wife!!!!!!!!

23. No sign of forced entry of home.

24. Friends and neighbors said it was unusual for Josh to suddenly go camping late at night with the children in the freezing weather.

25. Periodic money problems including a past bankruptcy.

26. Joshy tells his FIL the last time he saw Susan was at 12:30, but didn't bother to tell him what a great time was had by all at the wee-hours-of-the-nite-camping-in-subzero-temps-and-snowstorm-in-the-desert outing.
(from Texas Mist)

27. Left sick wife alone, never to check on her and she had NO CAR to go to doctor! (from member passionflower)

28. Wife had gone to bed sick with an ear-ache which meant she most likely had a cold. Yet, husband made her walk home from church in freezing weather, (they only had one car)

29. Susan's friend had spoken to her on Sunday and friend said Susan wasn't sick.

30. Husband said wife sick but she went to bed at 12:30 a.m.

31. Husband said he forgot it was Sunday but he also said he saw last saw Susan at 12:30 a.m. when she went to bed and he was leaving for camping with the kids. She would have reminded him it was Monday and not Sat nite/Sunday a.m. "Got his days mixed up, thought it was Sunday" yet he neither attends church nor prepares for boys to go.

32. Susan told co-workers she was physically fearful of her husband.

33. Co-workers say Susan took precautions in case 'anything happened to her.'

34. Josh's BIL stated when asked if he believes Josh had anything to do with Susan's disappearance, "I pray Josh isn't responisble."

35. Susan's friends knowledge of Powell marriage............SEVERAL advised Susan to leave her husband.

36. Susan's family paid for her to have a cell phone in case she was in trouble.

37. Police requested that Josh take a polygraph and his attorney declined their offer.

38. Disappeared for 24 hours with rental car, AFTER Susan went missing. hundreds of miles were put on the car. There was no gps on the rental car

39. Local reporter said that at alleged camping location, you need to travel approximately 20 miles on unpaved road. It was storming. {suspicious}

40. When talking about spur of the moment camping trip with boys, Josh said they '.....liked to have smores in the morning.'

41. Wife's cellphone, purse and belongings LEFT BEHIND...

42. Josh skips town on Dec 18/19 (Fri/Sat) attorney says to spend holidays in Washington with father and step mom.

43. Sunday 2 weeks after Susan disappeared, Josh whereabouts unknown.
Has sons with him....note: husband has shown up in Washington State and attended a candle light vigil for Susan,.............NO comment to the media

44. First time LE contacted husband as at first the entire family was thought missing, Josh hung up on LE.

45. Statements by friends that Josh resented Susan's dedication to her church. (Also indications that Josh was being encouraged of his distaste for the church by his own father)

46. While at the candle light vigil in Washington, Josh was only 15 feet from Susan's parents, yet he didn't even acknowledge them.

47. Josh completely controlled Susan's spending. He told her how much she had to spend at the grocery store and what she could and couldn't buy as far as groceries or anything else was concerned.

48. LE said Josh is hindering the investigation.

49. It's not JUST that Josh left town while everyone is trying to look for his missing wife. He did NOT tell LE he was leaving or where he would be, in case his wife returned or she was found!

50. Weeks later, JP still unwilling to return to home where he and Susan were raising boys prior to her mysterious "vanishing."

REASONS NOT TO LOOK TOWARDS HUSBAND

1. Josh said he didn't harm Susan.

2. Josh's dad said to stop "villifying" JP, he didn't harm his wife.

3. Josh's lawyer said Josh is not hindering investigation.

Per this news report, LE indicated JP's lawyer (Scott Williams) "declined" their request to administer his client a LDT (at 2.27):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weMd2XG-dkM

#37 is now changed back to reflect what we knew. :)

:parrot:

trillian
12-28-2009, 11:22 PM
About Kiirsi's blog-

Why does she think FB is great to get word out and give Susan exposure but acts like it would be wrong for her to call the media herself and get airtime? ie "I dont call them they just show up"

Someone needs to remind her that the media is her best bet. She should call every outlet she can think of. Satellite link with all the networks and cable news shows. She could even get an agent and coordinator to help. She could demand an appearance fee to be donated to a helpfindsusan fund to create more flyers or whatever else they may need. She is totally missing a major opportunity she has to help in this search.

And why? Because people are accusing her of fame whoring and profiting? Who cares!!! You do whats best and dont give a sh%# what random internet voices say.

Not proactively seeking out interviews and not taking any fees may make her feel better but it won't help to find her friend.

Exposure + Money = Better odds at finding Susan

nursebeeme
12-28-2009, 11:28 PM
kiirsi is UNDERSTANDABLY in the worst sort of confusion imaginable.

Kiirsi should first of all compare notes with others known to Susan than report back to us. than I will perhaps listen to what she says. Until than.... she was the odd man out in this drama... which is a shame.. and sad for her.. but where is her friend. and Why is Josh... her husband acting like a loon? a fool? a guilty piece of crap ? Oh Josh.. please explain the wet bit in the carpet, your inability to help your wife... and oh yeah.. among other things your ability to rent a car and drive it more than two hundred miles after your WIFE IS MISSING??????! Could you think of other things to do? Could you plead for her return? Or rather did you know where she was and know that such a pleading was like crying out into an abyss? JOsh... you know... and that is what is so sad and INFURIATING. WHERE IS SHE? WHERE IS YOUR WIFE? WHERE DID YOU PUT HER? (desperate moo)

what about this?
12-28-2009, 11:28 PM
I just want to say one thing -- given all the facts, crazy behavior, unbelievable looking the other way, being "nice", and whatever -- thank God nothing bad happened over the weekend.

I feel this huge "pall" of unreality (is that what I'm trying to say? - not that smart) of everything that is going on. I pray that the right thing will come through.

nursebeeme
12-28-2009, 11:30 PM
How can anyone claim to love Susan, say there are things we don't know, believe she has been taken out of Utah, and we are stupid (so to speak) for questioning that?

Are we in the Twilight Zone? Because it sure feels like it. she is right where someone put her. moo

what about this?
12-28-2009, 11:30 PM
This unreality and denial feels like a huge blanket.

nursebeeme
12-28-2009, 11:34 PM
let us think about Josh.. where would he get rid of something? Like his wife? Where would he possibly think he could dispose of something and get away with it?

nursebeeme
12-28-2009, 11:38 PM
I just want to say one thing -- given all the facts, crazy behavior, unbelievable looking the other way, being "nice", and whatever -- thank God nothing bad happened over the weekend.

I feel this huge "pall" of unreality (is that what I'm trying to say? - not that smart) of everything that is going on. I pray that the right thing will come through.
and why don't we just come out and say what we think! I am seriously sick of tap dancing around the BULL SH#T IN THIS CASE! We know the underlying issues and we know who last saw Susan Powell. Does it make anyone else a little sick that this is a little different? Heck! I cannot even say how different it is without violating the creed of different... dang it.. so I tried... I really tried...

what about this?
12-28-2009, 11:41 PM
let us think about Josh.. where would he get rid of something? Like his wife? Where would he possibly think he could dispose of something and get away with it?

I believe his father was in on it from the get-go. Now he has his son, grandsons, and no Susan.

And there they are. Everything has been taken care of -- Susan's friends are in denial, and it doesn't seem like anyone at all is looking for Susan. No searches? I mean - people say, "UH, have you seen Utah"? Well, at least try.

The beliefs of everyone around is to believe the best -- that's fine - but SUSAN is the one who is GONE. Your charitable nature and forgiveness are not helping her now.

mysticrose
12-28-2009, 11:49 PM
Since Josh liked to go camping alot with his boys I would love to know where his favorite spot was ?

what about this?
12-28-2009, 11:49 PM
I honestly believe that the people around Susan do not want her to be found.

They can live in whatever they want to believe, stolen away by someone to another state, whatever. Then they don't have to face reality.

Good for them. We live in the United States of America, and as bad as it is, are we going to just sit back and let her go like that?

This is not right. No hazy "you don't know what happened" stuff. Something happened.

sunflowerchick
12-28-2009, 11:54 PM
Local news is reporting the following:

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9166805

Let's hope this isn't related, and pray still for Susan to come home safely.

Edited to update: The other news channel is saying that this is a woman, but they are saying it is likely a suicide. It may not be related to this at all.

mysticrose
12-29-2009, 12:15 AM
Go to this site scroll down and you will see an area to choose a city I chose West Valley City and it will bring up every camping area within 0 to 25 miles of the city....What I am trying to determine is what is still open and easily accesible for a van. Probally like looking for a needle in a haystack ..lol

http://www.utah.com/database/campgrounds/?id=0

mysticrose
12-29-2009, 12:19 AM
Local news is reporting the following:

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9166805

Let's hope this isn't related, and pray still for Susan to come home safely.

Edited to update: The other news channel is saying that this is a woman, but they are saying it is likely a suicide. It may not be related to this at all.

A suicide where you set yourself on fire ? :waitasec: I do not believe I have heard of that before. Do we know if Josh is still in WA or cruising Interstate 15 making smores ?

Curious Me
12-29-2009, 12:23 AM
Remember when I said narcissists love those spiritual folk that forgive and forgive, and give unconditional love, and then one more thing - they don't want to judge anybody.

Seems like I'm seeing a bunch of people immediately connected to Susan and Josh that don't want to judge Josh or admit his actions are simply UNBELIEVEABLE. I would also remind the good people trying not to judge that there are two little boys possibly in harm's way in Josh's care, so wake up now.

dagnytaggart
12-29-2009, 12:27 AM
I am usually just a lurker, but I felt I had to speak up about this. I don't understand all the hate for Kiirsi. Of course that exerpt from her blog is going to be about her, it is her blog. She made a FB page dedicated to all the Susan info. She did not want to say why she is friends with Josh, perhaps it is because she is hoping he will confide. I am sure LE is wanting his friends to stay close with him, giving him a person to spill the beans and possibly keeping him from feeling alienated with no way out besides suicide and taking those boys with him before an arrest can be made. He needs to stay comfortable right now. Everyone seems so concerned about Susan, but I am sure Susan would not want people treating her best friend like that. I cannot imagine what Kiirsi feels, but I am sure most people will never be in her shoes. She is a real person with real feelings who has lost her best friend and I guess she reads some of this stuff, according to her references to gumshoes and whatnot. It seems that whenever anyone pipes up about something that doesn't fit with the "josh killed Susan" theory, people hate on them. I personally believe he killed her, but Kiirsi probably knows more about the Josh/Susan dynamic than I know so if she doesn't agree with me, I think I would be out of line calling her ignorant. She even alluded to the fact that there is information she knows about their relationship that no one had even thought of. I just think we should speculate without getting personal and hurtful to Susan's best friend.

Dr.Fessel
12-29-2009, 12:28 AM
I don't think Josh went camping at all. But I feel where he did go he felt he had to lie about it. Maybe a girlfriends house or a friends house.

nervous_nellie
12-29-2009, 12:28 AM
Go to this site scroll down and you will see an area to choose a city I chose West Valley City and it will bring up every camping area within 0 to 25 miles of the city....What I am trying to determine is what is still open and easily accesible for a van. Probally like looking for a needle in a haystack ..lol

so far the only ones open are circle L and shadow mountain.... both are really close compared to what he was leading anyone to believe..

winterrose
12-29-2009, 12:29 AM
It's a woman's dead body set on fire.

mysticrose
12-29-2009, 12:32 AM
Body found in burning car

Perry, Utah (ABC 4 News) - A body is found inside a burning car underneath an I-15 overpass in Box Elder County.

A UHP trooper noticed smoke off I-15 and 1100 South. When he arrived on scene, he found a car on fire with a body inside.

Perry Police is being assisted by Box Elder County Sheriff's Office. Detectives are tracking footprints in the area and collecting evidence.

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top%20stories/story/Body-found-in-burning-car/dDXLUKewV0WF6vAD7McwtQ.cspx

winterrose
12-29-2009, 12:33 AM
Perry,Utah is a little over an hour from West Valley City.Where is Josh at now,anyone know?I guess LE will be checking if there's been any stolen cars in area,if a car was stolen to put her in.

nervous_nellie
12-29-2009, 12:33 AM

and american fork... it is the most far away...

sunflowerchick
12-29-2009, 12:38 AM
and american fork... it is the most far away...

Even American Fork Canyon is only a 30-45 minute drive. You also pay to get in there, and some of that is closed at this time of year.

harleysnana
12-29-2009, 12:42 AM
I don't think Josh went camping at all. But I feel where he did go he felt he had to lie about it. Maybe a girlfriends house or a friends house.

Not sure if this is true … in fact I’m going to say….
rumor is that Josh told people at work about a year ago that if you wanted
to get ride of a body you could hide it in the Oquirrh Mountains in a mine.

I believe the Oquirrh Mountains are in Tooele which is very close to where
he actually said he went camping.

I’m not going to say how I heard this because I don’t want to be picked
apart… just something I heard tonight from a local.

I also think that the police may believe he actually went "camping" that
direction because it is the only place that has been searched that I'm aware
of and it has been searched more than one time.

Priester
12-29-2009, 12:47 AM
and why don't we just come out and say what we think! I am seriously sick of tap dancing around the BULL SH#T IN THIS CASE! We know the underlying issues and we know who last saw Susan Powell. Does it make anyone else a little sick that this is a little different? Heck! I cannot even say how different it is without violating the creed of different... dang it.. so I tried... I really tried...

I hope LE is willing to tell Josh, "Cut the BS, nobody is buying your story."

Dr.Fessel
12-29-2009, 12:49 AM
I am usually just a lurker, but I felt I had to speak up about this. I don't understand all the hate for Kiirsi. Of course that exerpt from her blog is going to be about her, it is her blog. She made a FB page dedicated to all the Susan info. She did not want to say why she is friends with Josh, perhaps it is because she is hoping he will confide. I am sure LE is wanting his friends to stay close with him, giving him a person to spill the beans and possibly keeping him from feeling alienated with no way out besides suicide and taking those boys with him before an arrest can be made. He needs to stay comfortable right now. Everyone seems so concerned about Susan, but I am sure Susan would not want people treating her best friend like that. I cannot imagine what Kiirsi feels, but I am sure most people will never be in her shoes. She is a real person with real feelings who has lost her best friend and I guess she reads some of this stuff, according to her references to gumshoes and whatnot. It seems that whenever anyone pipes up about something that doesn't fit with the "josh killed Susan" theory, people hate on them. I personally believe he killed her, but Kiirsi probably knows more about the Josh/Susan dynamic than I know so if she doesn't agree with me, I think I would be out of line calling her ignorant. She even alluded to the fact that there is information she knows about their relationship that no one had even thought of. I just think we should speculate without getting personal and hurtful to Susan's best friend.

Well she is the one telling everyone how they are supposed to think and act and investigate the case.

When people on here have a different opinion we do not hate on them we argue with them like we would here if she posted. But she chose to attack from a different part of the internet which is her right.

I also disagree with Josh needs to feel comfortable. He needs the pressure put on him. Everyday that goes by he probably feels less guilty and less pressure to confess. I think they need to put the pressure on him and not let him think anyone is buying into his BS. I feel what they are doing is enabeling.

winterrose
12-29-2009, 12:52 AM
Wasn't it said Josh put about over one hundred miles on the rental car,that would be back and forth,about an hour away,maybe?

harleysnana
12-29-2009, 12:53 AM
Well she is the one telling everyone how they are supposed to think and act and investigate the case.

When people on here have a different opinion we do not hate on them we argue with them like we would here if she posted. But she chose to attack from a different part of the internet which is her right.

I also disagree with Josh needs to feel comfortable. He needs the pressure put on him. Everyday that goes by he probably feels less guilty and less pressure to confess. I think they need to put the pressure on him and not let him think anyone is buying into his BS. I feel what they are doing in enabeling.

I don't think pressure will make him crack.
I think he is the type that needs to think he has fooled everyone
and then maybe he will slip up.

winterrose
12-29-2009, 12:54 AM
I totally agree,a controlling person needs to have people with more power over them putting pressure,make them know they are not in control.Shake them up,they'll make mistakes.

Dr.Fessel
12-29-2009, 12:59 AM
I don't think pressure will make him crack.
I think he is the type that needs to think he has fooled everyone
and then maybe he will slip up.

Well that is never going to happen, they can't tell the 99 percent of the country that believe he is guilty not to say anything or stop all the reporting of it.

Dr.Fessel
12-29-2009, 01:07 AM
I really think Kiirsi overstepped her bounds too when she told the reporter that people needed to quit leaking the stuff about emails and how Susan never told her any of that stuff and it wasn't true. Kiirsi is not the police and she is not in charge of the investigation or the search and she is not the spokesperson for anyone.

She has no idea what Susan sent in emails unless she monitored her account. A defense attorney will love getting her on the stand.

nursebeeme
12-29-2009, 01:09 AM
imhoo.. whomever asked about kiirsi...

she is tap dancing around the true meat of this story and she has no clue. this is just my opinion only.. and what do I know?

I guess Kiirsi has it all figured out and Susan has been wisked away by strangers...

I personally do NOT THINK the way Kiirsi does at this time. I think something really bad happened to Susan and I THINK JOSH had something to do with it.

nursebeeme
12-29-2009, 01:10 AM
so OUT WITH IT JOSH!

nursebeeme
12-29-2009, 01:12 AM
wow.. that was a first for the nurse.. but I JUST KNOW that HE KNOWS where she is... and it breaks my heart into little bits. He knows and he won't tell. How horrifying is that?

mysticrose
12-29-2009, 01:15 AM
Volunteers searching for Susan Powell
Reported by: Christiana Brady
Last Update: 12/28 9:19 pm

As thousands around the world learn about the story of Susan Powell, more and more perfect strangers are moved to help. ABC4 spent the afternoon with two of those strangers who have dedicated hours to searching for susan.

Together and apart, Susan and Travis have covered hundreds of miles. They've scoured as close as Susan's neighborhood, and even out as far as the marshes of the Great Salt Lake, Utah Lake and Saratoga Springs and today, the search begins at Stansbury Lake. But what makes two people who've never met Susan, one of them a 19-year old boy, moved to help? Laurell Lowe says, "I have a 2-year old and 4-year old as well, and I just can't imagine my kids being without their mom." She's not the only one. Today, there were several different facebook posts responding to an online inquiry about searching.

Just as Laurel and Travis have been doing, the Cox family spokeswoman advises anyone who wants to help to first coordinate with police before searching any undisturbed areas. Susan's friends advise searchers to not tamper with evidence....but saying, they appreciate the gesture

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top%20stories/story/Volunteers-searching-for-Susan-Powell/jLPjgvcYz0GovDt1V-rmRw.cspx

harleysnana
12-29-2009, 01:17 AM
Well that is never going to happen, they can't tell the 99 percent of the country that believe he is guilty not to say anything or stop all the reporting of it.

I think the friends are doing whatever the police ask them to do.
Even if that means not allowing negative comments on the fb page
about Josh.
I also wanted to add that it isn't just Kiirsi and the fb page
that has said nothing negative about Josh... it's everyone!
Other than that one Peterson guy.... NO one is talking bad about him!

I have no clue why... other than to think that it may be their strategy?

JMO

nursebeeme
12-29-2009, 01:18 AM
not to tamper with evidence... hmmm what does that go with... an accident? I don't think so.. if someone were to find a possible crime scene they want it preserved.

I am sure it will be.

but I would feel a he!! of a lot better if I knew that LE were putting together the SAME TYPE OF SEARCH! are they? really.... are they?

nursebeeme
12-29-2009, 01:23 AM
sorry all.. I am just livid in this case of susan powell. just livid. It is so obviousl what happened... so when will the case all come together?

Curious Me
12-29-2009, 01:23 AM
Even Josh's sister on the news video said he has avoided talking at all about Susan missing. His sister was getting closer to Susan on weekly visits. Josh's sister seems to be waiting for him to say more because she knows only he has the answers. It is normal to look closely at Josh. I doubt Kiirsi would be the one Josh opens up to if she remains nice to him. No outrage for Susan? I don't see why she had to introduce herself then tell us not to care or question 'cause we don't know what she knows. How did this get to be about Kiirsi anyways? Forgive me, I don't mean to sound cold but I could care less where Kiirsi was born. WHERE'S SUSAN? ARE HER SONS DOING OKAY?

omegagal
12-29-2009, 01:24 AM
There are plenty of people saying they believe that Josh could be responsible for Susan's disappearance (talking bad about him).... Tim, BIL, sister, Susan's coworker and his wife, old neighbors of the Powells, Rachel Marini, the people that have been writing the emails to LE.

Lets not state opinions as facts when they are not. It may confuse people that are just now catching up with the story.

SuziQ
12-29-2009, 01:26 AM
I'm still catching up here. But, Fwiw, Kiirsi posted a comment specifically stating that she was not referring to WS in her blog. I'm sure she was referring to the people posting at KSL. They are ruthless and have to mercy on anyone.

mysticrose
12-29-2009, 01:27 AM
This site talks about all the abandoned mines in Utah

http://www.ogm.utah.gov/amr/AMBROCHR.HTM

harleysnana
12-29-2009, 01:27 AM
imhoo.. whomever asked about kiirsi...

she is tap dancing around the true meat of this story and she has no clue. this is just my opinion only.. and what do I know?

I guess Kiirsi has it all figured out and Susan has been wisked away by strangers...

I personally do NOT THINK the way Kiirsi does at this time. I think something really bad happened to Susan and I THINK JOSH had something to do with it.

nurse.... I don't think Kiirsi meant that Susan was taken by strangers....
just that she was taken against her will... meaning that she did not leave
the house on her own.
It is also possible that Susan was taken out of the house alive by Josh...
remember the report about "mommy is missing in the mountains"?

JMO

omegagal
12-29-2009, 01:32 AM
the house on her own.

JMO
Please post your source for your report of "mommy is missing in the mountains" as I have no copy of any news report saying that...

harleysnana
12-29-2009, 01:34 AM

Any by Oquirrth Mountains? or Tooele?

Dr.Fessel
12-29-2009, 01:37 AM
about Josh.

JMO

Family and close friends I can understand keeping quiet and being in denial and really we have no idea what the police have asked anyone to do. It doesn't seem like they asked Mr. Peterson to be quiet.

I have watched the comment sections on the story in the local papers there and news stations that have them and everyone one feels he is guilty from his actions and I have noticed his computer buddy get on and tell people not to judge Josh.

mysticrose
12-29-2009, 01:38 AM
Any by Oquirrth Mountains? or Tooele?

Still looking ... :)

nursebeeme
12-29-2009, 01:43 AM
the house on her own.

JMO
I never meant to imply that Kiirsi said she was taken by strangers... howerver.. she seems to think that she was not taken by Josh... so what does that leave? Or rather WHO does that leave?

Humbly, I don't see anyone wanting or profiting from taking Susan Powell from her life.

And now POOF! POOF! POOF! She is simply gone.

Okay.... so times are tough.. and say she was worth fifty bucks.... well.. have we SEEN THAT? No. cops have their search warrants and they are sticking to them. There is more I could say but it is just too much crap. I am an aspiring author and I am seeing to much into what has happened here! I pray it is not what I think but I think that I know what I know at this point!

harleysnana
12-29-2009, 01:46 AM
There are plenty of people saying they believe that Josh could be responsible for Susan's disappearance (talking bad about him).... Tim, BIL, sister, Susan's coworker and his wife, old neighbors of the Powells, Rachel Marini, the people that have been writing the emails to LE.

Lets not state opinions as facts when they are not. It may confuse people that are just now catching up with the story.

I don't believe they said he could be responsible I believe they said they
hope he isn't.
Even the coworker said at the end of the article that she still doesn't
think Josh did anything to Susan.
Also wanted to point out that I didn't state it as a fact I said JMO...
and I have a right to my opinion!

Melanie
12-29-2009, 01:49 AM
A suicide where you set yourself on fire ? :waitasec: I do not believe I have heard of that before. Do we know if Josh is still in WA or cruising Interstate 15 making smores ?

Investigators aren't sure if the body is that of a man or a woman, and they don't know if he or she is a victim of homicide or suicide.

Not to be funny, but are the key-stone-cops running this investigation. Who sets themselves on fire? Your natural instint would kick in and you would roll on the ground to put the fire out. I'm the first one to say this is a homicide to cover the cause of death, and it's not Susan.

:banghead:

Mel

ps: MOO

Kateyes
12-29-2009, 01:50 AM
This is probably obvious to everyone here because all of your are so sharp and think of all the possibilities that by the time I post an idea it has already been posted. I can't help but think that LE has ( as some have suggested) advised family, friends, neighbors, etc to only speak in positive terms about Josh because they are hoping he will become overconfident and do something to tip off LE. It is so cliche, but so many of these guys go back to the scene of either the crime or where the body was disposed. We know Scott Peterson used to do that. I guess I am hopeful that Josh will feel comfortable that LE does not suspect him, and then he will not be able to resist the urge to do go back to where he left Susan. It is totally maddening that his actions are so crystal clear,and yet he is still free, and Susan is still missing.

harleysnana
12-29-2009, 01:50 AM
Please post your source for your report of "mommy is missing in the mountains" as I have no copy of any news report saying that...

I never said it was a news report!
I'm not the first one to bring it up and I never stated it as a fact!
The "mommy is missing in the mountains" has been talked
about on here before.
Once again... it states JMO!

nervous_nellie
12-29-2009, 01:52 AM
iirc the rumor was that the 4yr old said "mommy stayed in the woods" ... this was back in the first thread somewhere, but clearly posted as rumor only

omegagal
12-29-2009, 01:53 AM
about Josh.

JMO
What you said is:
Other than that oWhat you said is:
ne Peterson guy.... NO one is talking bad about him!

And yes, what the other people have said about Josh is "negative".... Very negative. JMO.....lol....

omegagal
12-29-2009, 01:54 AM
I never said it was a news report!
I'm not the first one to bring it up and I never stated it as a fact!
The "mommy is missing in the mountains" has been talked
about on here before.
Once again... it states JMO!
There is no report of "mommy missing in the mountains". I did a search for it...

nursebeeme
12-29-2009, 01:55 AM
LoL Kat! I hear ya! Josh! what a great guy! I cannot think of more to add except fake balloon launches and fake expletives! (mooh mooh, maah maah, hug hug etcetera................ nauseating.......)

I seriously threw up in my mouth! For what it is worth at all! whhhhheeeewwww~

Dr.Fessel
12-29-2009, 01:56 AM
This is probably obvious to everyone here because all of your are so sharp and think of all the possibilities that by the time I post an idea it has already been posted. I can't help but think that LE has ( as some have suggested) advised family, friends, neighbors, etc to only speak in positive terms about Josh because they are hoping he will become overconfident and do something to tip off LE. It is so cliche, but so many of these guys go back to the scene of either the crime or where the body was disposed. We know Scott Peterson used to do that. I guess I am hopeful that Josh will feel comfortable that LE does not suspect him, and then he will not be able to resist the urge to do go back to where he left Susan. It is totally maddening that his actions are so crystal clear,and yet he is still free, and Susan is still missing.

That might have been true at the first few days but now that he has a lawyer you can bet he is telling him everything to do and not to do.

nursebeeme
12-29-2009, 01:57 AM
I am sure their mommy is in the mountains somewhere... beit a rumor or not...

omegagal
12-29-2009, 01:59 AM
Investigators aren't sure if the body is that of a man or a woman, and they don't know if he or she is a victim of homicide or suicide.

Not to be funny, but are the key-stone-cops running this investigation. Who sets themselves on fire? Your natural instint would kick in and you would roll on the ground to put the fire out. I'm the first one to say this is a homicide to cover the cause of death, and it's not Susan.

:banghead:

Mel

ps: MOO
Does anyone know that area well? One of the posters on the news blog said they didn't think it could be suicide because of the area..

GingerRed
12-29-2009, 01:59 AM
There is no report of "mommy missing in the mountains". I did a search for it...

On one of the very early news articles in Salt Lake City, a commenter on a site said they had a friend in the investigation who said the 4yo made that statement. It was discussed here, likely in thread one, two at the latest.

It was definitely NOT reported in a news article, I remember linking to the comment from a WS post. Probably Deseret News, but I don't recall for certain.

omegagal
12-29-2009, 02:02 AM
iirc the rumor was that the 4yr old said "mommy stayed in the woods" ... this was back in the first thread somewhere, but clearly posted as rumor only
Thank you. The only thing ever stated that one of the children said was rumor, that when asked by LE, Charlie said that mommy was going to stay in the woods. This is becoming like that game you played as a child, where one person at the beginning of the line says one thing and passes it along to the people downline. It becomes something totally different by the time you get to the end of the line. Cute, as a child's game. Not so cute when we're talking about a criminal case......lol...

Melanie
12-29-2009, 02:04 AM
Well, unbelievable things are happening all around us. People are missing, children are being killed, raped, and kidnapped, and the rest of the community is not supposed to be privy to what happened. It's being kept "close to the vest". BUT, if you know anything call . . .

It takes a village to work together. What happens in our communities happens to us all. LE asks for help, but does not seem to want it or work together. The thing is -- there are a LOT of people out there who really could not care less. It's time for "American Idol" or "Three's Company", turn that off. Really, I think most people don't care.

It's really too bad.

BRAVO! It's about time someone said this. Even if there's not alot I can do for Susan here in San Diego - that doesn't mean I don't care about her, and want justice done. If I ask any of my friends or family about recent cases, they haven't a clue. Noooo....the Chargers are on, or I don't watch TV. Trust me, you don't have to listen to the news these days to know what's going on in the world.

I get so mad at the media. They care more about Tiger Woods and Charlie Sheen then they do real people! Kids and adults that are missing and killed.

Thanks for posting, and many prayers to Susan.

Mel

Kateyes
12-29-2009, 02:05 AM
Dr. Fessel - good point, but people often do things that make their lawyers cringe. I believe the urge to go back to the scene of the crime, or where the body was disposed is a very strong one. Sort of like smoking when you know it is bad for you,or eating that second piece of pie when you are supposed to be counting calories. I totally agree that his attorney would be advising him not to do stupid things that would incriminate himself. But, since most attorneys do not like to know of a client's guilt they do not usually ask if they are guilty. So, it is doubtful that his attorney told him not to go back to the scene of where he left Susan. And, even if by some stretch that he did so advise him, that need to "make sure" that nothing has been found, IMHO, is so strong that it is really a compulsion. I agree with Nurse on this one - stop the white glove treatment, please!

Dr.Fessel
12-29-2009, 02:05 AM
Here is something I don't understand. Copies of the search warrants had to be served when the police went into his house and when they took his Van. Josh has those. Why are the police not releasing them to the public?

nervous_nellie
12-29-2009, 02:06 AM
fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Fessel
I think he got rid of the body on the sledding trip and panic set in on the clean up and he just ran with the boys and then decided to come back.
************************************************** ***********************************************

That honestly sounds plausible, IMHO. He was seen returning at 8:30. That may have been when he told his boy 'mommy is going to stay in the woods for a while.'

Anyway, when he cleaned up he may have concocted the plan of taking off and being gone and when he returned she wasn't there. His plan got messed up though because his sister called LE first AND they found the wet spot.

About the wet spot, curious that the dad and others said they thought one of the kids may have hurt themselves and they were at the hospital. I wonder if the 'spot' was discolored or something? I mean they made it sound like it appeared as if it COULD have been blood.

JMHO
fran

PS..To anyone who wonders, this statment of mommy staying in the woods is not necessarily 'truth' but could just be 'rumor.' It was posted on one of the news sites in the blog. The person said something about knowing someone in LE and they revealed a couple of things that were being discussed behind the scenes and this was one of the items. It was alleged to have been said by the child when LE talked to the child while the dad was being questioned also.

this is from thread 1 fran 12-14-09 2:30pm #736

harleysnana
12-29-2009, 02:12 AM
On one of the very early news articles in Salt Lake City, a commenter on a site said they had a friend in the investigation who said the 4yo made that statement. It was discussed here, likely in thread one, two at the latest.

It was definitely NOT reported in a news article, I remember linking to the comment from a WS post. Probably Deseret News, but I don't recall for certain.

I'm sorry I gave some the impression I meant reported as in news article...
I meant reported as in talked about... reported.
For future reference.... anything I say from this point forward is my
opinion and my opinion only.

Kateyes
12-29-2009, 02:12 AM
Here is something I don't understand. Copies of the search warrants had to be served when the police went into his house and when they took his Van. Josh has those. Why are the police not releasing them to the public?

Another good question, for sure. I also have another question concerning the idea of placing a dead body in the mines. If one were to try to do that exactly how would it be done? Would the dead body be thrown into the mine from above, or would the person who wanted to hide the dead body in the mine need to actually carry the body into the mine? If the second scenario is accurate then it would seem like a very tedious and dangerous task, and one that would take quite some time. Which could explain the number of hours in which Josh was gone from the house with the two boys. Does anyone know? I have a very rudimentary knowledge of the geography of Utah. Thanks

Dr.Fessel
12-29-2009, 02:14 AM
Nervous Nellie

Could you put a dividing line at the end of:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Fessel
I think he got rid of the body on the sledding trip and panic set in on the clean up and he just ran with the boys and then decided to come back.

that was my post.

nursebeeme
12-29-2009, 02:15 AM
nellie,
thanks for sharing that. I am sure the kids have provided insight that has been, termed I am sure, insubstantial... due to it being the words from a kid. Sad isn't it? What a child says can be the most truthful and the most raw. I am sure that when this case goes to trial anything that was said by a truthful child (the most truthful of any witness in my opinon!) will be attacked, deleted and never admitted into court. moo

However... it doesn't mean that we never heard it. We heard it loud and clear. And you know what? It was very scary!!!!! So mommy was left in the woods! What else happened to mommy?

Taminator
12-29-2009, 02:15 AM
Regarding Kiirsi: I really don't blame her for feeling the way she does. I'm sure she wants to have hope, and that's her right. I'm sure she also does not want to alienate Joshua in the hopes that he may give her some information or feel comfortable going to her, if the need arises. I think some of her lines of thinking are a little off the wall, but I suppose she is entitled to think what she wants. I have a different opinion, as do many here and around the different blogs and that is also our right. That being said, my advice to her would be to not read these blogs or the comment sections of the news. It's really not healthy for her to read some of the stuff that these people are saying. I'm not talking about here, I'm talking about the various news outlets where the comments are just creepy. I can say with 100 percent of my heart that none of my thoughts or opinions are meant to be disrespectful to her or Susan's family. Hopefully some of the evidence will be released soon and it will have some answers. Our thoughts, opinions, etc...will evolve from there. She is right, there is a lot that we don't know. But I don't see how anything that is potentially released will point in any direction other than Joshua. The deck is so completely stacked against him right now. It's going to take a lot to change my mind about him.

Dr.Fessel
12-29-2009, 02:19 AM
Another good question, for sure. I also have another question concerning the idea of placing a dead body in the mines. If one were to try to do that exactly how would it be done? Would the dead body be thrown into the mine from above, or would the person who wanted to hide the dead body in the mine need to actually carry the body into the mine? If the second scenario is accurate then it would seem like a very tedious and dangerous task, and one that would take quite some time. Which could explain the number of hours in which Josh was gone from the house with the two boys. Does anyone know? I have a very rudimentary knowledge of the geography of Utah. Thanks

I lived in Pocatello Idaho for a while and a mountain there was loaded with mines. They had two types. Ones you could just walk in and others that might go down 50 or 100 feet straight down then branch off. You could throw a body down one easy but it would really be spooky in a snow storm.

Melanie
12-29-2009, 02:29 AM
Do you think we're missing something? Wife killers more often than not have a girlfriend on the side. Do you think someone will come forward?

Just a thought....

Mel

Dr.Fessel
12-29-2009, 02:30 AM
Do you think we're missing something? Wife killers more often than not have a girlfriend on the side. Do you think someone will come forward?

Just a thought....

Mel

I keep waiting for her to pop up.

Taminator
12-29-2009, 02:31 AM
Just popping in on the Ambien thang. I've been pretty much an insomniac since my surgery last year, and my doc perscribed a low dose. To be honest, it does nothing for me - nada. I can get a few hours sleep, but to tell you the truth, a glass of wine will put me to sleep quicker. I've never had the sleepwalking, or other effects that some have. I don't take more than perscribed either. I've given up on it actually.

Now that's not to say it may knock other people out, especially if one hasn't used it before. Oh the good ol' days, when I could take one and fall asleep. I think after awhile your body builds up a tolerance to it (like many drugs) and you need more and more to sleep. But I know how dangerous it could be if I upped my dose, and my doctor doesn't want me to. I also can't take other sleep meds due to some of the diabetic meds I'm on. It's such a careful balance.

My doc prescribed me Ambien CR 12.5 MG. She said it wouldn't be safe to perscribe a higher dosage.

IF, he crushed pills, as a controlled substance, LE could track how many pills were used/missing, by going to the pharmacist or doctor each were seeing. They can even subpeona the health insurance records if need be to see what drugs each person in the family are taking.

I'm sure curious if any pills in the house are missing! That would be a great lead.

All the best,

Mel

Thanks Mel for your input. I've read a few things about Ambien and I've read that the side effects can be more pronounced if the person takes it with food (which is not recommended). Also, if it was his prescription (assuming my theory is correct), she would not be used to the medication. There have been speculation that she was not feeling well/had an earache/felt tired and went to lay down. I don't know which one of those is accurate. But if she wasn't feeling well and took some OTC cold medicine or something of that nature, that could also cause side effects with Ambien. Like you were saying, if it was taken on a regular basis, your system can easily become tolerant to it.

Man, I hope the Trib gets its way and those search warrants are unsealed. I can't wait to see what was taken from the home. Should be very interesting.

omegagal
12-29-2009, 02:36 AM
I keep waiting for her to pop up.
Or maybe a male friend... I'm thinking that maybe Josh had something else going on that we don't know about. Oh, I'd love to get my hands on Susan's journal or talk to that co-worker of hers for a while.... But the truth is going to come out in this case.... sooner than later I hope.
I think LE wants the SW sealed so Josh doesn't know what's in them. Not so much what they searched but what they found. I think Josh will use this as his bargaining chip to take time vs/ death penalty. Show me the body Josh and we'll take the death penalty off the table.... I hope LE is holding a royal flush... without a body will be tougher though...

nursebeeme
12-29-2009, 02:38 AM
Who else would cause susan harm but Josh?

Also I do not see, imhoo, another suiter in this equation. I just see a husband bent out and destitute at what lay ahead of him. He lost control and tried to gain it back. Too bad that we all can call a spade a spade. He has lost this one. I hope LE has the dice to prove it and also to find Susan. What a horrid spate of weather we have had......... Josh may think it helps him but it may only be temporary. There will be a thaw eventually.

nursebeeme
12-29-2009, 02:40 AM
Or maybe a male friend... I'm thinking that maybe Josh had something else going on that we don't know about. Oh, I'd love to get my hands on Susan's journal or talk to that co-worker of hers for a while.... But the truth is going to come out in this case.... sooner than later I hope.
I think LE wants the SW sealed so Josh doesn't know what's in them. Not so much what they searched but what they found. I think Josh will use this as his bargaining chip to take time vs/ death penalty. Show me the body Josh and we'll take the death penalty off the table.... I hope LE is holding a royal flush... without a body will be tougher though... bbm... I could see this more than anything.. actually

harleysnana
12-29-2009, 02:41 AM

Okay so the rumor I heard earlier... I thought they said
Oquirrh as in the mountains in Utah... but after looking for mines
in Utah I found this
http://southwestblend.com/crossroadstreasures/Ophir.htm

Ophir, Utah
"While visiting my son and his family this summer,
we decided to go see the old mining district near their home of Tooele, Utah"

You can also search google for Ophir, Utah mines and click images to
see what some of the mines look like.

***THIS IS A post from a RUMOR I heard***
JMO

nervous_nellie
12-29-2009, 02:44 AM

Also I do not see, imhoo, another suiter in this equation. I just see a husband bent out and destitute at what lay ahead of him. He lost control and tried to gain it back. Too bad that we all can call a spade a spade. He has lost this one. I hope LE has the dice to prove it and also to find Susan. What a horrid spate of weather we have had......... Josh may think it helps him but it may only be temporary. There will be a thaw eventually.

i agree, and mostly because of where she went missing from - its not like she was out jogging or out of the house somewhere. she went missing from her home in the middle of the night...what are the chances of running into a stranger in the middle of the night in your own home...moo and one who locks the door on his way out? and cleaned up the carpets and put fans out to dry the wet spot left behind...

darlin gal
12-29-2009, 02:45 AM
PERRY, Box Elder County — A burning body was found Monday night under a railroad overpass near I-15.
Box Elder County dispatchers initially received a call about a fire in the area of 1100 South and 1400 West about 6:20 p.m. A nearby Utah Highway Patrol trooper responded that he could see the flames and later confirmed it was a dead body on fire, police said.
Police believe the death may have been a suicide but haven't ruled out homicide. Dispatchers said suicide was first considered because there were no tracks leading to or from the body.
Perry police officer Mike Colvin said officials are fairly certain the victim is a woman but won't know for sure until autopsy results come back.
Police weren't certain what started the fire, but Colvin said "it would have to be some kind of chemical contributing to it, whether it be lighter fluid, gasoline or something along that nature" for the body to burn that quickly.
Colvin said police are still investigating and currently following some leads.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705354700/Burning-body-found-under-Perry-overpass.html?linkTrack=rss-30

eeyorelrn
12-29-2009, 02:50 AM
Mark Geragos thinks Josh is being suspected prematurely.

:waitasec:

:Benny_monkeysmilies

:slap:

:rotfl:

Now all we need is Gloria Allred huffing and puffing about something or other to do with the case, and we will officially have a "poo flinging" contest of epic proprortions....:innocent:

and thats all I gotta say about THAT pearl of wisdom...:angel:

nursebeeme
12-29-2009, 02:51 AM
goodnight evereyone. I pray this comes to an end soon. It is just horrible. And her two little sons.... they need to know where their mother is.

nursebeeme
12-29-2009, 02:52 AM
might I add... she isn't out sledding. I think she would have come in for some hot chocolate by now.

harleysnana
12-29-2009, 02:55 AM
Is there a clue in the interview with Josh when he said something like…
“We went South to the”
I can’t get that part out of my mind.
South to what?
He wouldn’t say …. South to the St. George… or South to the Zions Canyon…
IF he was telling the truth…. what could he have meant?
“South to the …..”

nervous_nellie
12-29-2009, 03:11 AM
:bedtime: goodnight, thanx for sleuthing with me tonight!

Melanie
12-29-2009, 03:30 AM

Hi Nurse,

But this doesn't make sense to me. Isn't Susan worth alot more alive than dead? She had a good job, and without her in the picture, Josh is sure to go under. This is where I'm going crazy. I think it's either another suitor, she threatened divorce, or (not a popular opinion) an accident. Now, just for argument sake - say she did take Ambien and walked right out that door into the woods (assuming there are woods around). Falls down a hill or something, and froze to death.

Now I doubt that's highly unlikely, but I'm trying to wrap my head around all scenarios.

Best,

Mel

PorcineGranny
12-29-2009, 06:49 AM
Mel, not if he can count on his father for support. I think it is highly unlikely there was another suitor as this was a temple marriage and she was urging Josh to be active again in the Church. JMO

LogicalMinds
12-29-2009, 08:33 AM
I guess I am just going to be blunt here...

all of this facebook, hand out flyers is just a waste really...this is not a runaway, a lost child, a kidnap victim, a "custodial parent" kidnapping

IF these people want to keep up the prayer vigils and stuff, good for them....hopefully they can share strength and comfort each other

My guess is that the facebook is becoming overwhelming....it must be hard to keep deleting posts that are "negative" about dear friend Josh....I am sure that at the start it was mostly onlookers that were posting about him, but now I bet even friends, neighbors, fellow Mormons are posting their doubts and suspicions

so maybe it is time to just stop the facebook, and put up a nice "info" site with NO ability to make posts..that way the family/Kristii won't have to read them
This must be horrible and hard for all of them...but really Kristii needs to back off at this point I don't think her "theory" (another state?) helps...and I feel she is shouting out to a majority of the people (haters) who currently visit to post things
and when she deletes those posts, they probably email her...she needs to stop for her own sanity

IF this was a case of a young couple with no kids, like Lori Hacking for instance, I could understand the slow moving LE....but in this case there are 2 young lives at stake

I wish they would charge him with something...lying to them maybe?? and then Susan's parents could move in...?
I wonder ...IF they name him as a suspect could her family get some kind of emergency restraining order/protective custody for the kids or ??

I am very worried that the kids are in Washington, with his father...his father is at best an enabler, at worst a conspirator IMHO...and he sure is enabling Josh now

maza
12-29-2009, 10:07 AM
http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14082069

"Warrants sealed in Susan Powell case, newspaper plans challenge."

Vegas Bride
12-29-2009, 10:23 AM
http://connect2utah.com/content/news/story?cid=68871

About the womans body found burning, they now are thinking it was a suicide. Not much information here but since it was brought up earlier in the thread I thought I'd post this.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9168396

On this second link, they say the woman is older, 40's 50's and the reason they're thinking it might be suicide is because there were no tracks leading to and from the scene.
Whoever this woman is, I hope she is at peace now.

VB

Gin
12-29-2009, 10:47 AM
I guess I am just going to be blunt here...

all of this facebook, hand out flyers is just a waste really...this is not a runaway, a lost child, a kidnap victim, a "custodial parent" kidnapping

IF these people want to keep up the prayer vigils and stuff, good for them....hopefully they can share strength and comfort each other

My guess is that the facebook is becoming overwhelming....it must be hard to keep deleting posts that are "negative" about dear friend Josh....I am sure that at the start it was mostly onlookers that were posting about him, but now I bet even friends, neighbors, fellow Mormons are posting their doubts and suspicions

so maybe it is time to just stop the facebook, and put up a nice "info" site with NO ability to make posts..that way the family/Kristii won't have to read them
This must be horrible and hard for all of them...but really Kristii needs to back off at this point I don't think her "theory" (another state?) helps...and I feel she is shouting out to a majority of the people (haters) who currently visit to post things
and when she deletes those posts, they probably email her...she needs to stop for her own sanity

IF this was a case of a young couple with no kids, like Lori Hacking for instance, I could understand the slow moving LE....but in this case there are 2 young lives at stake

I wish they would charge him with something...lying to them maybe?? and then Susan's parents could move in...?
I wonder ...IF they name him as a suspect could her family get some kind of emergency restraining order/protective custody for the kids or ??

I am very worried that the kids are in Washington, with his father...his father is at best an enabler, at worst a conspirator IMHO...and he sure is enabling Josh now

I worry about the kids, too.

I think there is a sadly growing segment of society that thinks it's rather sophisticated to make no judgments. It's all good.
And just an aside, Kiirsi was speaking on Channel 2 (CBS affiliate) last night...

Does all the blogging/facebooking/name calling of "haters" help find Susan? I don't see how. Beyond that, I tend to back away from obvious black/white thinking. The whole, you either agree (let's all be happy, positive folks :wink:) or you're a hater is a huge red flag to me. JMO...and may I say that my faith that the truth will come out is placed squarely in the hands of LE. I don't look any impressive breakthrough in this case via blogs.

Velouria
12-29-2009, 10:54 AM

:Benny_monkeysmilies

:slap:

:rotfl:

Now all we need is Gloria Allred huffing and puffing about something or other to do with the case, and we will officially have a "poo flinging" contest of epic proprortions....:innocent:

and thats all I gotta say about THAT pearl of wisdom...:angel:

LOL eeyorelrn...

But only if it turns out that Josh has a mistress - and that mistress has a book/movie/tv interview deal in the works. :rolleyes: Gloria doesn't roll that massive brooch on her shoulder out of bed in the morning unless she smells major $$$.

passionflower
12-29-2009, 11:11 AM
John Hellewell has the birds.
Birds can an do talk.
If birds screech out something,
do you think he will tell LE??

nursebeeme
12-29-2009, 11:13 AM
Kiirsi Hellewell, one of Susan Powell's best friends, responded in a post on her personal blog Monday to criticism that there has been no coordinated search for the missing mother.
"There are things the general public has never even thought of about this investigation," Hellewell wrote.
Hellewell said in her post she has reasons for believing that Susan "has been taken against her will and is most likely not in the state of Utah. This is why I personally am not out searching the desert or mountains with my three little kids. I won't waste my time or resources fruitlessly looking for someone who may not even be in the state. Instead, what I believe to be the greatest help here is the vast power of the Internet."

WWHHHHHAAAATTT? Sorry but that is just plain crazy!

ETA: now what would make her think that she has been taken out of the State against her will???????

SuziQ
12-29-2009, 11:15 AM
Okay so the rumor I heard earlier... I thought they said
Oquirrh as in the mountains in Utah... but after looking for mines
in Utah I found this
http://southwestblend.com/crossroadstreasures/Ophir.htm

Ophir, Utah
"While visiting my son and his family this summer,
we decided to go see the old mining district near their home of Tooele, Utah"

You can also search google for Ophir, Utah mines and click images to
see what some of the mines look like.

***THIS IS A post from a RUMOR I heard***
JMO

Ophir, Utah, population 20ish, is the smallest town in Utah! This is actually on the way to Simpson Springs. IMO, it would be a very good place to check out.

SuziQ
12-29-2009, 11:20 AM

ETA: now what would make her think that she has been taken out of the State against her will???????

You can interpret that as Josh took Susan against her will, killed her and dumped her body out of state.

Dr.Fessel
12-29-2009, 11:34 AM

I bet her explaination of it will start with "You are going to think I am crazy but.."

nursebeeme
12-29-2009, 11:39 AM
You can interpret that as Josh took Susan against her will, killed her and dumped her body out of state.
true..

question: how long does it take driving wise (in bad weather) to get out of the State? (would it fit with the mileage on the rental car?)

Patty G
12-29-2009, 11:42 AM

Based on Kiirsi's theory that "Susan was taken against her will" make me wonder how this "individual" knew Josh wasn't going to be home. :waitasec:

Taminator
12-29-2009, 11:44 AM

Have you read some of the comments on this article? They're really tearing Wayne Hamberg a new one. Yikes. The dude makes no sense.

sniperacer
12-29-2009, 11:46 AM

Umm, regarding the bolded, that boat has already sailed. Josh got a rent-a-car and a 24 hour hall pass. And we think the LE missed it. But, LE says they can narrow it down to "several hundred miles" in Utah. :banghead:

It there a timeline? Did Josh Lawyer up after the rent-a-car expedition, or before?

seattle_slew
12-29-2009, 11:49 AM
I don't see how Josh would be able to utilize an old mine shaft to hide a body. Having been an old explorer of such mine shafts in Utah, I can't see how Josh would be able to find one that was not buried in snow since almost all of them are at altitudes above 5000 feet. My relatives ran mines at the turn of the century, and I have old maps from all over which tend to be in the mountains. If he went to Ophir, as someone mentioned, I would imagine someone in the town would have noticed. That town is at 7000 feet and would be difficult to get at during this time of year in a van.

I would imagine Josh went somewhere, where no one would possibly be around. There are plenty of desolate areas with small amounts of trees around that could be considered woods by small kids. Perhaps he did go somewhere SW of the Tooele valley up against the mountains. This would be possible with their van which I assume isn't all wheel drive.

nursebeeme
12-29-2009, 11:50 AM
sniper,
He lawyered up after the rental car.

lajr56
12-29-2009, 12:01 PM
Based on Kiirsi's theory that "Susan was taken against her will" make me wonder how this "individual" knew Josh wasn't going to be home. :waitasec:

Just had to jump in here. When I read the part BBM, I immediately thought of Chris Coleman. You know when the Super Secret Ninja Psycho Killer slipped into the house and killed the family in that small period of time when Chris wasn't home!

Jeez, it is like these guys have a playbook! :banghead:

angeleleven
12-29-2009, 12:02 PM
I think LE wants the SW sealed so Josh doesn't know what's in them. Not so much what they searched but what they found. I think Josh will use this as his bargaining chip to take time vs/ death penalty. Show me the body Josh and we'll take the death penalty off the table.... I hope LE is holding a royal flush... without a body will be tougher though...

That would really be a motive......if there was a male friend involved and Josh found out that Susan knew about it and was going to bring it out in the open. Hadn't thought about that one.

Patty G
12-29-2009, 12:05 PM
true..

question: how long does it take driving wise (in bad weather) to get out of the State? (would it fit with the mileage on the rental car?)

A very rough estimate to get out of West Valley City, Utah to A stateline is:

Idaho - ~ 115 miles
Nevada - ~122 miles
Colorado - ~ 210 miles
Arizonia - ~ 300 miles
Wyoming - ~ 80 miles

ETA:
Utah is 350 miles long and 270 miles wide
http://www.netstate.com/states/geography/ut_geography.htm

nursebeeme
12-29-2009, 12:08 PM
thanks PattyG~

Vegas Bride
12-29-2009, 12:09 PM
true..

It's only a little over an hour to drive west into Nevada, Wendover NV is right across the state line and an easy drive from SLC

VB

nursebeeme
12-29-2009, 12:11 PM
interesting posts by "hamburg" on that tribune article!

***note that if you read the comments most of the ones by "hamburg" are hidden so you have to click on them. And another note on what "hamburg" was saying was that (warning... this was in the comment section) that Josh had a breakdown.. and also that both his cell and the disposable cell were taken. He also said they have a dog or dogs and that the wet spot could have been from a pet having an accident while he was out sledding... riiiiiiiiight.....

SuziQ
12-29-2009, 12:11 PM
true..

As long as he stayed on the main highways, he'd be able to go out of state in a short amount of time. The state does a great job at clearing the roads here. It's rare that anything shuts down because of snow. In fact, I can only think of two times in twenty years the schools shut down because of snow.

SuziQ
12-29-2009, 12:16 PM
It's only a little over an hour to drive west into Nevada, Wendover NV is right across the state line and an easy drive from SLC

VB

This is so overwhelming. Susan could easily be in Nevada, Idaho or Wyoming. And take in consideration that he was gone 17 hours, add Colorado, New Mexico and Arizona. And I keep thinking if I was in Josh's shoes, that I would say I went somewhere the opposite direction of where I did go.

Dr.Fessel
12-29-2009, 12:20 PM
That would really be a motive......if there was a male friend involved and Josh found out that Susan knew about it and was going to bring it out in the open. Hadn't thought about that one. You know the super sensetive support this guy is showing for Josh really makes think this could be true.

Dr.Fessel
12-29-2009, 12:24 PM

***note that if you read the comments most of the ones by "hamburg" are hidden so you have to click on them. And another note on what "hamburg" was saying was that (warning... this was in the comment section) that Josh had a breakdown.. and also that both his cell and the disposable cell were taken. He also said they have a dog or dogs and that the wet spot could have been from a pet having an accident while he was out sledding... riiiiiiiiight.....

That wet spot really makes me wonder when Josh left with the boys. It might have been more like just before sunup.

sniperacer
12-29-2009, 12:30 PM
Hi Nurse,

But this doesn't make sense to me. Isn't Susan worth alot more alive than dead? She had a good job, and without her in the picture, Josh is sure to go under. This is where I'm going crazy. I think it's either another suitor, she threatened divorce, or (not a popular opinion) an accident. Now, just for argument sake - say she did take Ambien and walked right out that door into the woods (assuming there are woods around). Falls down a hill or something, and froze to death.

Now I doubt that's highly unlikely, but I'm trying to wrap my head around all scenarios.

Best,

Mel

Hey Mel, don't go crazy. I can answer this for you. It easy. There are strong rumors that Susan threatened divorce.

So in a word - divorce. You lose your wife, children, money and you get to continue to pay for the pleasure. Almost every divorce could be motive.

Taminator
12-29-2009, 12:41 PM

I knew he had birds, but this is the first time I had heard about dogs (per Hamberg's comments). Who has the dogs then, I wonder? If there are any dogs.

JMO, Josh had a "breakdown" because LE was taking stuff that he clearly didn't want them to take and he knew they were on to him. Hamberg failed to mention that Josh was upset about his wife missing. He was more upset about what LE was taking out of the house and the state in which they left the house. Josh apparently felt they took more than they "needed" to take. Now, any normal person would say "Hey, take whatever you can or need to to bring my loved one home". I wouldn't care if it made no sense to me, it's for them to figure out if it's important or not.

mom_of_five
12-29-2009, 12:47 PM
http://connect2utah.com/content/news/story?cid=68871

About the womans body found burning, they now are thinking it was a suicide. Not much information here but since it was brought up earlier in the thread I thought I'd post this.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9168396

On this second link, they say the woman is older, 40's 50's and the reason they're thinking it might be suicide is because there were no tracks leading to and from the scene.
Whoever this woman is, I hope she is at peace now.

VB

Interesting. Aren't the odds pretty low that a woman would commit suicide by lighting herself on fire? Aren't women usually prone to taking pills, jumping off bridges, etc? :waitasec:

Dr.Fessel
12-29-2009, 12:54 PM
Interesting. Aren't the odds pretty low that a woman would commit suicide by lighting herself on fire? Aren't women usually prone to taking pills, jumping off bridges, etc? :waitasec:

It is really strange. Maybe the one set of tracks is just the person carrying the body and laying it down setting it on fire then just stepping out backwards in the same tracks.

what about this?
12-29-2009, 12:54 PM
Just had to jump in here. When I read the part BBM, I immediately thought of Chris Coleman. You know when the Super Secret Ninja Psycho Killer slipped into the house and killed the family in that small period of time when Chris wasn't home!

Jeez, it is like these guys have a playbook! :banghead:

Does anyone know the whereabouts of Josh's father on the night Susan went missing?

emmcee
12-29-2009, 01:26 PM
. . . snip . . .

. . . snip . . .

Do we know for sure where his father was when Susan disappeared? Was he 'for sure' at home in WA?

Or is it possible that he's not only an enabler of his darling son who can do no wrong, but a partner in crime? Could the miles on Josh's car relate to him meeting his dad somewhere?

Just wondering.

Tricia
12-29-2009, 01:34 PM
true..

Depends on which direction. The three shortest drives from Salt lake City would be:

*Heading West through Tooele Utah is Wendover Nevada. Good weather about 2 hours maybe less. Bad weather over two hours. Mileage is around 240 round trip

*Heading east in good weather takes you to Evanston Wyoming. From Salt Lake the drive would be around 60-80 minutes in good weather. Bad weather close to two hours. Mileage is around 180 round trip maybe a bit less.

Heading north you hit the Idaho boarder and in good weather about 2 - 2 1/2 hours. Bad weather 3 - 4 hours. Around 250 round trip.

South is too far. at least 5 hours in good weather.

The above is guesstimating on my part.

what about this?
12-29-2009, 01:36 PM
Do we know for sure where his father was when Susan disappeared? Was he 'for sure' at home in WA?

Or is it possible that he's not only an enabler of his darling son who can do no wrong, but a partner in crime? Could the miles on Josh's car relate to him meeting his dad somewhere?

Just wondering.

Wondering the same thing.

Also, does anyone know what percentage of the investigating LE are church members?

charminglane
12-29-2009, 01:48 PM
People say good things about Josh so their church doesn't look bad.

He may have dosed her with the Ambien and threw her out of the car while she was asleep. Hence, Mommy is in the woods. She would freeze to death without a mark on her.

Tricia
12-29-2009, 01:52 PM

Also, does anyone know what percentage of the investigating LE are church members? Have no clue but it is safe to guess at least half.

lonetraveler
12-29-2009, 02:10 PM
ITA, I feel she is close to her own home.
Josh seems lazy, germophobic, someone that would panic after Susan died and just take her somewhere quick, then go on with some plan to throw LE and everyone off.
All the miles was someone panicing and getting out of the house, no where to go.........just running, thinking, and can't even think of a good plan.
Now if she is found near home, he'll try to say she walked out and froze to death.
He is such a coward I would not be surprised if he took her out unconscience.
and left her to die where she laid..........creepy!what's around the house? woods? the neighbors seem close but not that close???

BBM: I had that same thought yesterday, passionflower. I feel that if she was dead when he returned from sledding, that he would have no problem at all just taking her anyway and leaving her to die out in the snow. I was just hesitant to state my thoughts. Thanks for putting it into words.

what about this?
12-29-2009, 02:15 PM
Have no clue but it is safe to guess at least half.

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but seeing how deeply rooted religious beliefs are there, do you think they may be having trouble being objective?

If there was some proof that Susan was across state lines, alive and against her will or not alive, then the FBI could become involved, right?

adnoid
12-29-2009, 02:16 PM
Dear Fellow Posters:

In just about every case we discuss here there comes a point where there is little new information coming out, but people are still all fired up. The unfortunate result is that we often turn on each other like a pack of wolverines.

Please, remember that we're all here because we want the same thing - justice for the innocent victims, conviction and punishment for the guilty criminals. Nobody here supports murderers, rapists, child molesters and so forth.

Don't let differences of opinion turn us into the ugly sort of people we condemn.

Thank you.

MyTinkieGirl
12-29-2009, 02:30 PM
nellie,
thanks for sharing that. I am sure the kids have provided insight that has been, termed I am sure, insubstantial... due to it being the words from a kid. Sad isn't it? What a child says can be the most truthful and the most raw. I am sure that when this case goes to trial anything that was said by a truthful child (the most truthful of any witness in my opinon!) will be attacked, deleted and never admitted into court. moo

However... it doesn't mean that we never heard it. We heard it loud and clear. And you know what? It was very scary!!!!! So mommy was left in the woods! What else happened to mommy?

I keep remembering the Jessie Davis/Bobby Cutts case where the child supposedly said something about "mommy in the carpet"....

Dr.Fessel
12-29-2009, 02:33 PM

Police have said they executed three search warrants in the Powell case. Two warrants were to search the Powell home and van; one warrant was to draw blood and other biological samples from her husband, Joshua Powell.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Common sense would tell you the police have executed at least 2 more search warrants and maybe 3. A search warrant for the rental car, a search warrant for Susans office or work space and one on Josh's work space or office. They would want warrants on all of them just to keep it 100% legal.

Ransom
12-29-2009, 02:40 PM

Police have said they executed three search warrants in the Powell case. Two warrants were to search the Powell home and van; one warrant was to draw blood and other biological samples from her husband, Joshua Powell.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Common sense would tell you the police have executed at least 2 more search warrants and maybe 3. A search warrant for the rental car, a search warrant for Susans office or work space and one on Josh's work space or office. They would want warrants on all of them just to keep it 100% legal.

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-evidence-seized-missing-utah-mom,0,54500.story

This article says 5 sw were served. Then there was another article about the rental car sw = 6 sw so far. IMO

dagnytaggart
12-29-2009, 02:52 PM

I have two dogs and two babies - one of which is currently potty-training. We have "accidents" very often. I usually clean them up with a spot cleaner or some vinegar and water. We do have a carpet steam cleaner, but it is a huge PITA to prepare and use so when I do, I clean all the carpet - not just a spot. That would make no sense whatsoever. And I have never in my life put two fans on a wet spot to dry it faster. Whoever put the fans on that wet, newly cleaned spot was undoubtedly trying to conceal the fact that the spot was ever wet to begin with.

Curious Me
12-29-2009, 03:02 PM
Susan is still missing.

Maybe Josh knew of a place closer to home and initially did stash the body there. Later, he got the rental car and moved the body to a location much farther away. Maybe he had to dig with his hands in frozen snow and ice. Maybe Josh had help from Dad, or a gf, or even a bf, or maybe Josh did it all by himself. More will come out. Patience is needed to allow LE to sift through what they've collected.

The main thing to further this case along if to FIND SUSAN.

I just want to say that if he did any of these things, and it wasn't noticed by LE, then Josh must be a magician making Susan simply disappear. I find comfort only in believing LE is aware of Josh's and other's movements during the time crime was occurring. LE has confiscated items and are running tests on the carpet stain. I don't know if they are using search dogs, but hope so. (heck, call Roy Kronck, he'll find her)

SuziQ
12-29-2009, 03:44 PM
I have two dogs and two babies - one of which is currently potty-training. We have "accidents" very often. I usually clean them up with a spot cleaner or some vinegar and water. We do have a carpet steam cleaner, but it is a huge PITA to prepare and use so when I do, I clean all the carpet - not just a spot. That would make no sense whatsoever. And I have never in my life put two fans on a wet spot to dry it faster. Whoever put the fans on that wet, newly cleaned spot was undoubtedly trying to conceal the fact that the spot was ever wet to begin with.

Why he would leave the fan out to be discovered before he got home? I'm trying to put myself in this situation. I wouldn't leave the fans out to be discovered by someone else. Makes me wonder why he didn't go home sooner to set the scene up better and put those fans away. Then you think about the phone calls from friends and how it took another two hours for him to get back. Makes me think he was too far away to get home before he did, or he left the house much later than he said he did.

MyTinkieGirl
12-29-2009, 04:00 PM
I went back to start at thread#1....whew....3 1/2 to go...LOL I need to get up to speed with you guys....I may never catch up!!!

There was talk about her friend Kiirsi and her website a few pages ago...these are her comments in the very beginning of this case....also goes into her calling Josh, etc....and a good reason maybe why Josh didn't have time to remove the fans drying the carpet...he probably didn't think police would be breaking his windows....THANK GOD !!!

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top%20stories/story/West-Valley-woman-missing/a7vyloVCmkmkg_qSEhv08w.cspx

ETA : Will go back to find person who posted this link to give them credit for their work...

The original post with this article's link was made by RKnowley....Post #16....Thanks for the info!!

mom_of_five
12-29-2009, 04:15 PM

Also, does anyone know what percentage of the investigating LE are church members?

Excellent question.

MyTinkieGirl
12-29-2009, 04:22 PM
I know this is O/T, but I always wish a NG or JVM show would have a 2 hour special or something to go over the missing persons and murder cases they've covered all year to give an update....just something quick to either get info out there for unsolved cases or just what's up with cases where they have suspects, trial results, new info, etc.

Lipin One
12-29-2009, 04:25 PM
Is there a clue in the interview with Josh when he said something like…
“We went South to the”

If something we all should learn is never to trust the words of a criminal trying to get away with crime.

LE should go more by the evidence gathered than by any testimony offered by JP. Though, his testimony is necessary to later prove that he lied about his whereabouts and Susan's disappearance.

IMO.

harleysnana
12-29-2009, 04:28 PM
Well, I don't know about anyone else, but seeing how deeply rooted religious beliefs are there, do you think they may be having trouble being objective?
If there was some proof that Susan was across state lines, alive and against her will or not alive, then the FBI could become involved, right?
No... JMO

mom_of_five
12-29-2009, 04:29 PM
"Kirk Graves, who is married to Joshua Powell's sister, Jennifer, has said in previous media interviews he wouldn't be surprised if Joshua Powell is arrested in connection with the case."

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14037897

The above article has some interesting tidbits...

harleysnana
12-29-2009, 04:35 PM
If something we all should learn is never to trust the words of a criminal trying to get away with crime.

LE should go more by the evidence gathered than by any testimony offered by JP. Though, his testimony is necessary to later prove that he lied about his whereabouts and Susan's disappearance.

IMO.

But the point to my question was that IMO it looked to me like
at first Josh said "We went South to" and then changed it to
some place North.
After the reporter started to question him is when he came up with
the "Pony Express Trails" and IMO they would be considered North.
So was the "South" a slip up?
If it was then what is South?

mom_of_five
12-29-2009, 04:37 PM
Anyone researched possible screen names used by Josh and/or his father in the past?

harleysnana
12-29-2009, 04:50 PM
Anyone researched possible screen names used by Josh and/or his father in the past?

I really feel this is the direction to go in!

Lipin One
12-29-2009, 04:53 PM
As long as he stayed on the main highways, he'd be able to go out of state in a short amount of time. The state does a great job at clearing the roads here. It's rare that anything shuts down because of snow. In fact, I can only think of two times in twenty years the schools shut down because of snow.

My thought is that he would NOT drive with a body in the car for 6 or 7 hours and risk being stopped by a trooper or being seen in a deserted area to be recognized later on, after her disappearance becomes public news.

I still think he didn't venture too far from home, to a place he had already been before.

About he putting 200 miles in the car, I'm surprised LE didn't have a tail on JP (being that he was suspected - the reason why his van was taken in the first place.)

mom_of_five
12-29-2009, 04:59 PM
I really feel this is the direction to go in!

I'm looking into this, but could certainly use help since their names are so incredibly common... :crosseyed:

harleysnana
12-29-2009, 05:03 PM
I'm looking into this, but could certainly use help since their names are so incredibly common... :crosseyed:

What kind of things do you need help with?

mom_of_five
12-29-2009, 05:03 PM
According to Josh's real estate website, one of his hobbies is landscaping design...hm.

Curious Me
12-29-2009, 05:11 PM

Good point. I've never set up a fan to dry a wet spot on the carpet either. I have used a hair blow dryer to dry a spot. Just reading your post makes me think about the fans being used to conceal, and then I shudder.

SuziQ
12-29-2009, 05:16 PM
Now that the holiday craziness is mostly over, I have more time to reflect. Wasn't it Kiirsi's husband who drove Josh to get the rental car? If he didn't contact LE about this, why not?

I'm still waiting for a GF to pop up, or as some have suggested a BF aka Wayne. If it's the latter, that's something someone in Josh's shoes wouldn't want his friends in the ward and family to find out about. JMO based on my gay friends here, there are alot of closet gays in Utah because of the unacceptance of that lifestyle. Coming out is a very harsh experience here.

mitzi
12-29-2009, 05:22 PM
Susan is still missing.

Maybe Josh knew of a place closer to home and initially did stash the body there. Later, he got the rental car and moved the body to a location much farther away. Maybe he had to dig with his hands in frozen snow and ice. Maybe Josh had help from Dad, or a gf, or even a bf, or maybe Josh did it all by himself. More will come out. Patience is needed to allow LE to sift through what they've collected.

I just want to say that if he did any of these things, and it wasn't noticed by LE, then Josh must be a magician making Susan simply disappear. I find comfort only in believing LE is aware of Josh's and other's movements during the time crime was occurring. LE has confiscated items and are running tests on the carpet stain. I don't know if they are using search dogs, but hope so. (heck, call Roy Kronck, he'll find her)

Bold mine.

Thanks for the chuckle. :crazy:

mitzi
12-29-2009, 05:30 PM
That picture of Josh getting into the white van, that amandareckonwith posted a few pages back...there was a female in the passenger seat, with what looked like shoulder length hair. That wasn't his sister, cuz she has long hair...was it Kiirsi? If not, who was it?

mitzi
12-29-2009, 05:33 PM
Go back frame-by-frame on the vid. There is no vent on the van roof, what you see is the roof of the home in the background.

I thought so too (vent) but when you do stop frame, it isn't a vent.

eta:
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Susan%20Powell/3-7.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Susan%20Powell/5-4.jpg

Here are the pix.

mom_of_five
12-29-2009, 05:38 PM
According to this website http://www.crimescenedetectives.org/susan_powell_case.html , Josh is the owner of this business and website: http://polishedmarketing.com/

Confirmed by BBB: http://www.bbb.org/utah/business-reviews/marketing-consultants/polished-marketing-in-west-valley-ut-22011281

ETA: oops...I see another poster ran across this info already... :)

passionflower
12-29-2009, 06:47 PM
Now that the holiday craziness is mostly over, I have more time to reflect. Wasn't it Kiirsi's husband who drove Josh to get the rental car? If he didn't contact LE about this, why not?

I'm still waiting for a GF to pop up, or as some have suggested a BF aka Wayne. If it's the latter, that's something someone in Josh's shoes wouldn't want his friends in the ward and family to find out about. JMO based on my gay friends here, there are alot of closet gays in Utah because of the unacceptance of that lifestyle. Coming out is a very harsh experience here.

Josh is such a proven geraphobic.....I can't even see him having sex.
It's a wonder he had 2 sons. IMO, he probably was into something he didn't have to touch........LOL, IMOO

angeleleven
12-29-2009, 07:29 PM
for those interested.....Issues with JVM is getting ready to report on Susan Powell's case right after their break.

fhc
12-29-2009, 07:33 PM
JVM showed Josh P shrugging his shoulders and saying "She's somewhere." again. The shrugging of his shoulders says it all. jmo

angeleleven
12-29-2009, 07:35 PM
On Issues they state that the other persons of interest are in addition to Josh Powell and that they would not exclude Josh.

angeleleven
12-29-2009, 07:36 PM
JVM showed Josh P shrugging his shoulders and saying "She's somewhere." again. The shrugging of his shoulders says it all. jmo

The "she's somewhere" gets me.....OF COURSE SHE'S SOMEWHERE!!!!

what about this?
12-29-2009, 07:41 PM
20 days isn't that long -- however, two children are there. This man is unstable, and if they suspect the other person, too (and we know who that is) -- why can't they take the children for those 20 days? Work everything out, but keep the children safe.

what about this?
12-29-2009, 07:42 PM
Because -- if they end up arresting Josh and anyone else, they have left those children in the hands of MURDERERS!

Dr.Fessel
12-29-2009, 08:02 PM
Because -- if they end up arresting Josh and anyone else, they have left those children in the hands of MURDERERS!

I am lost duh......

can you explain this to me. TIA

passionflower
12-29-2009, 08:05 PM
[Qother persons of interest are in addition to Josh Powell UOTE=angeleleven;4615362]On Issues they state that the and that they would not exclude Josh.[/QUOTE]

BBM
How many PERSONS of interest...............interesting!
wish they would be arrested already!

lonetraveler
12-29-2009, 08:05 PM
Susan is still missing.

I've been curious too about the use of dogs. I know that scent dogs in the house would be totally worthless because the POI lives there, but I can see using cadaver dogs, especially with the wet spot on the carpet. Does anyone know if cadaver dogs have been used in and around the home or even scent dogs leading away from the home?

LogicalMinds
12-29-2009, 08:10 PM
do you think they suspect the grandfather/Josh's father??

I am also most concerned about those boys...I keep thinking if ONLY they can arrest Josh for something, anything

he is not working or supporting the boys...could Susan's parents use that as a "wedge" to get temporary custody??

I hate the thought of those 2 little guys with this unfit for anything father
grrrrrrrr

lonetraveler
12-29-2009, 08:11 PM
Just mulling over the information from JVM mentioning that Josh may not be the only POI, nor end up being the only suspect, JMO. Makes you wonder if Josh drugged Susan and left the house with the boys so someone else could come in and take care of things for him; someone who really cares about Josha and knows by experience just how costly and exhausting a divorce can be to someone with children. JMO, still mulling this over..............:waitasec:

passionflower
12-29-2009, 08:15 PM
Just mulling over the information from JVM mentioning that Josh may not be the only POI, nor end up being the only suspect, JMO. Makes you wonder if Josh drugged Susan and left the house with the boys so someone else could come in and take care of things for him; someone who really cares about Josha and knows by experience just how costly and exhausting a divorce can be to someone with children. JMO, still mulling this over..............:waitasec:

I hope LE KNOWS the whereabouts of Josh's father, Steve that night also!
Could he have driven down to help Josh?
Who was Susan's enemies?
1. Josh
2. Steve

passionflower
12-29-2009, 08:17 PM
Does Josh have a brother? that might of helped?
I only remember his 1 sister and her husband talking.
IIRC their were 4 children to Steve Powell.

nursebeeme
12-29-2009, 08:17 PM
in a previous article... which dang... it is burried somewhere in here... LE said that a person of interest could also be someone that holds key info to the case they want to talk to.... such as JoVonna

Liz
12-29-2009, 08:18 PM

That clip of Josh saying, "She's somewhere", just kills me. He's a freaken moron! Of course she is somewhere! :doh: (Most likely right where he put her!)

what about this?
12-29-2009, 08:31 PM
I am lost duh......

can you explain this to me. TIA

If they know that Josh and whomever the other person of interest is and they are just waiting to cross t's and dot I's, they also know what they are capable of -- and should take action.

nursebeeme
12-29-2009, 08:33 PM
The newspaper is asking a judge to reverse an order sealing search warrants executed in the search for Powell. West Valley City police have said they have served three search warrants. Two have been served on the Powell family home and van and one warrant took biological samples from her husband, Joshua Powell.
Search warrants in Utah are filed with a court and made public after 20 days, and typically include statements from police about why they have probable cause to search and a list of what they seized. Investigators this week continued to characterize Powell's disappearance as a missing persons case, although they have called Joshua Powell a person of interest.
In the motion filed Tuesday, O'Brien said to seal court documents, a judge must find disclosure would create a "substantial probability" of harming a defendant's right to a fair trial or there is another compelling reason.

http://www.sltrib.com/News/ci_14088286

more at link

AmandaReckonwith
12-29-2009, 08:34 PM
That picture of Josh getting into the white van, that amandareckonwith posted a few pages back...there was a female in the passenger seat, with what looked like shoulder length hair. That wasn't his sister, cuz she has long hair...was it Kiirsi? If not, who was it?

It isn't his sister. But it is someone who is familiar to the children. In the vid, Josh picks up Braden and walks off, leaving the woman to bring Charlie.

More captures:

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Susan%20Powell/leavingchurch.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Susan%20Powell/12-12b.jpg

Couple more here, but those 2 may be the best-
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Susan%20Powell/?start=160

nursebeeme
12-29-2009, 08:36 PM
That clip of Josh saying, "She's somewhere", just kills me. He's a freaken moron! Of course she is somewhere! :doh: (Most likely right where he put her!) to me his statement was very telling because of how VAGUE it was! If my husband was missinig I would say... did you check at his work? Where he runs? He could be getting a coffee at starbucks did you check there? He said nothing except she is "somewhere"...

He is as guilty as they come. I am glad he had a Scott Peterson media moment and equally glad that cops sbp'd all media interviews with him. They may need it down the road if this ends up being a circumstantial case.

AmandaReckonwith
12-29-2009, 08:40 PM
Does Josh have a brother? that might of helped?
I only remember his 1 sister and her husband talking.
IIRC their were 4 children to Steve Powell.

Josh has a brother Michael C. Powell. He ran for office this past fall in WA (lost)
Josh's company (the polished thing) was the web designer.

I saved a few captures on the pb, but the url is michaelcpowell.com

nursebeeme
12-29-2009, 08:42 PM
thank you for all you do, Amanda~

passionflower
12-29-2009, 08:44 PM
Could the woman be his mother???
Have we seen her photo?

passionflower
12-29-2009, 08:46 PM
Josh has a brother Michael C. Powell. He ran for office this past fall in WA (lost)
Josh's company (the polished thing) was the web designer.

I saved a few captures on the pb, but the url is michaelcpowell.com

Thanks, how could I forget that????
geez........

Ransom
12-29-2009, 08:52 PM
It isn't his sister. But it is someone who is familiar to the children. In the vid, Josh picks up Braden and walks off, leaving the woman to bring Charlie.

More captures:

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Susan%20Powell/leavingchurch.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Susan%20Powell/12-12b.jpg

Couple more here, but those 2 may be the best-
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Susan%20Powell/?start=160

I believe the woman is Shelby Gifford. Her husband accompanied Chuck Cox to UT and he's ex-LE. She's was the spokesperson for Susan in Washington (view to PR from Washington). JMO and I could be sooooo wrong.

Here's Shelby:
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Susan%20Powell/?action=view&current=88.jpg

Sister-in-law: Jennifer Powell Graves
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Susan%20Powell/?action=view&current=88.jpg

mysticrose
12-29-2009, 08:56 PM
I really think the testing of evidence is what is holding this up ..or at least I hope and I certainly hope there was something to test ...{bang head}

I just about can't take much more of this waiting ..I've been waiting on Nevaeh , Sommer , Haleigh , and many more ...can I scream just yet !!!!

AmandaReckonwith
12-29-2009, 09:01 PM
It isn't Shelby either.
At the presser, you could see the hair mark, so she did not recently dye her hair from grey.... Shelby is reddish. (I can post a pic if you want, but I am not sure we need to over-run this page with pics...not sure of the pics rules)

Here's a Shelby link:
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Susan%20Powell/88.jpg

No idea what his Mom looks like. So far, I haven't seen Mom or Dad.

passionflower
12-29-2009, 10:05 PM
What's the chance of the TRIBUNE winning to open the records of the
of the search warrants????
Wonder how long that takes?

lemonmoussetart
12-29-2009, 10:20 PM
Mark Geragos thinks Josh is being suspected prematurely..

Now this is the kind of stuff that really pizzes me off. What else would one expect from a defense attorney? but, even from him come on!

I agree with Harleysnana and others that vigils and prayers are very powerful. Not to bring Susan back alive, but for support for the family, any tiny shred of peace, and faith that the Lord will help you through this.

As for the Facebook page it has given some comfort to family and friends-- hopefully a lot. Haven't been to her page for 3 days, (couldn't modem has been wonky) but I hope that the link for discussion is prominent at the top of Friends and Family of Susan. Things have been speculated in these threads on what may have happened to her body...can you imagine her parent's, sisters, or friends reading that in the middle of messages saying "we are praying for Susan?"

Makes me feel like there should be 2 separate pages, but both are needed.

What would really be helpful? Searches should BE conducted. Don't care how many sq miles that are involved. Why not start from the city limits, going out a radius of a mile or 2 in one day, and continuing on from there? Surely there would be thousands of volunteers. The snow had melted for awhile, now looks like it will be snow covered again. What could these searches possibly hurt? It's a big area, so we won't even try? I don't get it.

lemonmoussetart
12-29-2009, 10:27 PM
The problem is, IMO, once you post out to the general public and reprimand others for what they say, you then become a target for the words written in cyber-space. The best thing to do is not say anything especially if you have close ties to the family AND especially if you are asking the cyber-world to join in on a Internet Media Blitz to find Susan.

i agree, but let's not forget that they have never been through anything like this before. would we know how to do it? i sure wouldn't. maybe some mistakes have been made, but i really don't blame Kiirsi.

Ransom
12-29-2009, 10:38 PM
i agree, but let's not forget that they have never been through anything like this before. would we know how to do it? i sure wouldn't. maybe some mistakes have been made, but i really don't blame Kiirsi.

I do blame Kiirsi for FLASE information being put out on the 'net = her twitter and her blogs. It's LAME, IMO. Either get behind your friend or get out of the way. Kiirsi is in front of her friend protecting Josh and her church, IMO. GAG.

lemonmoussetart
12-29-2009, 10:42 PM
Volunteers searching for Susan Powell
Reported by: Christiana Brady
Last Update: 12/28 9:19 pm

As thousands around the world learn about the story of Susan Powell, more and more perfect strangers are moved to help. ABC4 spent the afternoon with two of those strangers who have dedicated hours to searching for susan.

Together and apart, Susan and Travis have covered hundreds of miles. They've scoured as close as Susan's neighborhood, and even out as far as the marshes of the Great Salt Lake, Utah Lake and Saratoga Springs and today, the search begins at Stansbury Lake. But what makes two people who've never met Susan, one of them a 19-year old boy, moved to help? Laurell Lowe says, "I have a 2-year old and 4-year old as well, and I just can't imagine my kids being without their mom." She's not the only one. Today, there were several different facebook posts responding to an online inquiry about searching.

Just as Laurel and Travis have been doing, the Cox family spokeswoman advises anyone who wants to help to first coordinate with police before searching any undisturbed areas. Susan's friends advise searchers to not tamper with evidence....but saying, they appreciate the gesture

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top%20stories/story/Volunteers-searching-for-Susan-Powell/jLPjgvcYz0GovDt1V-rmRw.cspx

Excellent for Laurel and Travis! Susan's family, friends, and we thank you so! Now that's what I'm talkin' about--organized or no, go look for her. Landowners/camp proprietor's check your property. Got a 4 wheel drive, or ATV?--look for her. Why no organized search? That I do not get. Anyone close enough just give what time you have, and go look for Susan. If not by LE, a grassroots movement will do. Hopefully organized enough that same areas will not be re-searched too many times. (different, and more familiar eyes could mean the difference) Locals could section it off, and just go look. Even within city limits after further thought.

Ransom
12-29-2009, 10:53 PM
Excellent for these people! Now that's what I'm talkin' about--organized or no, go look for her. landowners check your property. anyone close enough just give what time you have, and go look for Susan.

The LINK was about 2 people:
"ABC4 spent the afternoon with two of those strangers who have dedicated hours to searching for susan".

Susan's BFF (Kiirsi) is doing a Media Blitz to help her friend and wants no searches according to her blog. gag.

Ransom
12-29-2009, 11:19 PM
sorry if this has been posted. I think I need to go to bed. Oh well.....

An attorney for The Salt Lake Tribune on Tuesday argued history and the law favor opening search warrants connected to the Susan Powell disappearance case to the public.
"Public access to warrant materials serves as a check on the judiciary because the public can ensure that judges are not merely serving as a rubber stamp for the police," attorney Michael O'Brien wrote in a motion filed in state court.

more to read at link

eeyorelrn
12-29-2009, 11:24 PM
The LINK was about 2 people:
"ABC4 spent the afternoon with two of those strangers who have dedicated hours to searching for susan".

Susan's BFF (Kiirsi) is doing a Media Blitz to help her friend and wants no searches according to her blog. gag.
BBM

:yow:

Can we say WTF?????

Please promise me that if I ever come up missing, and my "best friend" says somewhere that there doesnt need to be any searches, SOMEONE SERIOUSLY PLEASE :other_beatingA_Dead like the crack smoker they are and COME FIND ME!!!

nursebeeme
12-29-2009, 11:44 PM
my bff... myra.. would come and bite the ass off of anyone who could chew if I were missing. I trust it and know it!

She would shoot you all a a new ******* if she thought it made sense.

So where are these kinds of friends for Josh other than the cursory ones? He doesn't have a friend... not a one.. despite being a REALATOR! that is STRANGE TO ME. not the first strange thing according to Josh... not the last....

bring it on Josh.. show your mettle.. or don't. I bet you don't that is just my bet.

kiki the parrot
12-29-2009, 11:52 PM

Just a thought....

Mel

Whoa whoda thunk... Josh, the player... :waitasec:

mayelf
12-29-2009, 11:54 PM
In my opinion, He does seem like the type to convince a lonely insecure woman that he's in love with her so she will help him out in some horrendous plan of murder and lies. Maybe I've been watching too much TV lately...

LogicalMinds
12-29-2009, 11:59 PM
Just checkin in here...looks like Josh is stonewalling still...and still has those boys !!

All of our ranting and raving won't do much...what we do need is new laws, new ways of thinking IMHO

when a parent is a POI in the case of a missing/murdered spouse, the children of the couple should be removed from the home until some determination is made

there ought to be some law like that....call it "Susan's Law" if you wish

there has to be some way to get those kids from that jerk JMO

Isn't taking those young kids "camping" in middle of night, freezing weather, some sort of endangerment?? I think someone needs to get creative legally..put those boys first

kiki the parrot
12-30-2009, 12:09 AM
I mean ol JP might really put somethin on the ladies, what do I know http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww260/chromeserpent/WTHsmiley.gif ...really not trying to go there... http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e367/gatsby6306/yuck.gif

Still tend to believe the 3-hour "sledding" trip earlier that eve was to either kill time between poisoning, and death and disposal; or after death, to scout around in search of a suitable disposal site--after which he returned for her body, then drove to the initial site where he left her. I do not think she is closeby--because he probably is so arrogant he thought if he took her far enough out into the wintry wilderness he could outfox LE... but I may be wrong.

And as I've also said, based upon his frostbitten hands, I think it was after van was seized that she was either buried, or dug up and moved JMO

Ransom
12-30-2009, 12:16 AM
BBM

:yow:

Can we say WTF?????

Please promise me that if I ever come up missing, and my "best friend" says somewhere that there doesnt need to be any searches, SOMEONE SERIOUSLY PLEASE :other_beatingA_Dead like the crack smoker they are and COME FIND ME!!!

I'll try my best. LOL. I promise.

Heck I tried my best to find a hurt coyote one time. He/she left blood on my portal after my dogs mixed it up. I didn't want to keep the coyote, but I wanted him/her to be okay. My dog and I tracked through snow/up/down the mountains where I live to find the little FEMALE ... alive and badly hurt. :( I took her to my vet and she was healed and released.

I just hate people/critters that are lost/missing/etc. Makes me sad. Susan shouldn't be lost. I believe her husband knows what happened. Dang it.

lemonmoussetart
12-30-2009, 12:17 AM
I do blame Kiirsi for FLASE information being put out on the 'net = her twitter and her blogs. It's LAME, IMO. Either get behind your friend or get out of the way. Kiirsi is in front of her friend protecting Josh and her church, IMO. GAG.

Am curious about your statement. You think she is more on Josh's side than her best friend Susan?

Ransom
12-30-2009, 12:22 AM
my bff... myra.. would come and bite the ass off of anyone who could chew if I were missing. I trust it and know it!

So where are these kinds of friends for Josh other than the cursory ones? He doesn't have a friend... not a one.. despite being a REALATOR! that is STRANGE TO ME. not the first strange thing according to Josh... not the last....

bring it on Josh.. show your mettle.. or don't. I bet you don't that is just my bet.

Josh has a friend
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705352578/Friend-speaks-out-supports-Powell.html

AND don't forget Kiirsi or however you spell her name. =2 !!

Ransom
12-30-2009, 12:27 AM
Am curious about your statement. You think she is more on Josh's side than her best friend Susan?

YES, but I think she is protecting herself (couldn't happen to me) and her LDS church (can't happen here) and is protecting Josh too, big time. Did you read her blog/twitters/book reviews, etc. Oy vey!!

Just google Kiirsi's blog, Kiirsi Hellwell, etc.

lemonmoussetart
12-30-2009, 12:33 AM

NurseB,

So true! Persons like Josh have no friends. Well if you want to count the guy in the computer club that met twice a month and had never even met Susan a friend....seriously? Guys know that other guys can read them in a hearbeat. Therefore there are none.

lemonmoussetart
12-30-2009, 12:40 AM
Whoa whoda thunk... Josh, the player... :waitasec:

these kind of ahol&s do come on smooth in the beginning, but now with no wife's $...hard to do

lemonmoussetart
12-30-2009, 02:39 AM
Since Josh liked to go camping alot with his boys I would love to know where his favorite spot was ?

me too mystic. asked a long time ago (thread #1) as this is where Josh grew up: ask friends about forts, clubs, secret hideouts. boys would all know of a 'great' place that was just too far for them to hoof it, but was shared. don't give Josh much credit, but wouldn't think he would actually put her exactly in one of those spots. but somewhere close. say a few (>100) miles where he went 'parking' when older, and knew of unreachable places.

nursebeeme
12-30-2009, 02:56 AM
Josh has a friend
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705352578/Friend-speaks-out-supports-Powell.html

AND don't forget Kiirsi or however you spell her name. =2 !! are these fair weather friends? I just have a feeling that they both are. And fair weather aint a blowing in Josh's direction. moo

lemonmoussetart
12-30-2009, 04:23 AM
are these fair weather friends? I just have a feeling that they both are. And fair weather aint a blowing in Josh's direction. moo

There is ONE thing from puter geek friend to sis, and BIL that seems to be a reoccurring theme. Josh will not speak about Susan, and what happened to her While I give him NO credibility whatsoever: I am examining this.
People were giving him a break as it was "just so painful." But as Tim Peterson said he could speak of new clothes, and phone.

This means that anyone that Josh actually knows he will not even speak about Susan to them. Could this possibly mean that he has the tiniest bit of decency/faith/guilt or whatever that he cannot truly look to those that he cares about/or care about him straight in the eye, and lie. He does not wish that, at least in case he may need their help before this comes to an arrest. He can say "I never lied to you."

...merely a thought

Melanie
12-30-2009, 04:41 AM
Are we allowed to post Kiirsi's blog? I find it interesting reading, and although she proclaims to be Susan's friend - she is protecting herself and Josh, more than helping Susan.

http://crosscountryadventures.wordpress.com/

<redacted>

If Kriisi wants our help, and wants to send the message to the world - why doesn't she tell us the truth? This makes no sense to me. Some helpful friend, eh?

<redacted>

She seems very convincing -- but how does she know this? Give us a bit of information so WE CAN HELP. She could be in San Diego for heaven's sake (for some reason all the perps go to San Diego, including Westerfield, Peterson, and the most recent case of mom/boyfriend/daughter who went missing -- they were just down the road from me).

Is she sending us on a wild goose chase? Does she know Susan is probably in the back yard? Both she and Josh want us all to think that Susan is hundreds of miles away from home. This raises my hinky meter to levels beyond.

Just my opinion.

Melanie

ETA: she also says:<redacted>

If Josh were my friend, I'd be on him like white on rice, asking every question in the book! Maybe she has, maybe she hasn't....

lemonmoussetart
12-30-2009, 05:43 AM
YES, but I think she is protecting herself (couldn't happen to me) and her LDS church (can't happen here) and is protecting Josh too, big time. Did you read her blog/twitters/book reviews, etc. Oy vey!!

Just google Kiirsi's blog, Kiirsi Hellwell, etc.

yes, I've read what she said. she has said many things on her page at this point. what really caught me though is:

<redacted>

We all can take this anyway we wish, what fits in to our particular scenario, make her part of the murder?, or let's put Kiirsi AND JoVonna into the mix.
I guess they were ALL in on it. Just my itty bitty opinion of course, but I believe this is part LDS, part LE, and much killing her to have to state such. God bless her is my thought for having to keep tight.

Would I chomp the package off anyone I knew did away with my best friend?
(in so many words quoting you NurseBee) you betcha!!! I may look like Ms. Lector before it's over! :)

I'm just saying let's not judge a book by the Facebook cover at this point. I am now feeling as sorry for Kiirsi as I am the Coxs'. She is the Xena warrior up front, and having to take all this. They are staying in the background. When this is over, and done I ask all of you who judge her to take as much care giving her an apology. Bet page will be closed then. And you will be left with the most horrible of statements, and nowhere to give it up too. Unless someone on here would wish (hopefully) to start a "Let me make amends to Susan's best friend page."

NO, I do NOT agree with no searches. Why in God's name she is saying this? I have no clue. What I do know is that I would hate to be named one of her friends from this crowd. Or at least a first name. Have a feeling that--I, too, would be crucified this morning.

Let's be "en guarde" to the person who killed her. Need I give him a name? Only too happy to---
his name is Josh Powell.

just saying it the way i feel. my goal is not to make anyone feel badly, just GO for the person who took her life. ask yourself this:

does he trust anyone?
does anyone trust him?
nuff said

lemonmoussetart
12-30-2009, 07:16 AM
sorry if this has been posted. I think I need to go to bed. Oh well.....

An attorney for The Salt Lake Tribune on Tuesday argued history and the law favor opening search warrants connected to the Susan Powell disappearance case to the public.
"Public access to warrant materials serves as a check on the judiciary because the public can ensure that judges are not merely serving as a rubber stamp for the police," attorney Michael O'Brien wrote in a motion filed in state court.

more to read at link

huh? what does that seriously mean?

lemonmoussetart
12-30-2009, 07:24 AM
My thought is that he would NOT drive with a body in the car for 6 or 7 hours and risk being stopped by a trooper or being seen in a deserted area to be recognized later on, after her disappearance becomes public news.

I still think he didn't venture too far from home, to a place he had already been before.

About he putting 200 miles in the car, I'm surprised LE didn't have a tail on JP (being that he was suspected - the reason why his van was taken in the first place.)

<with hand waving over top> me too me too!

lemonmoussetart
12-30-2009, 07:27 AM

hmm while we cannot be sure until realeased, I think it was his sis/BIL.
only reason I'm saying this is from other pics

lemonmoussetart
12-30-2009, 07:33 AM
Sorry to be such a thread hog, but this comes from Mr. Cox

"There was a huge hole; it was difficult," Cox told the Deseret News from his home in Puyallup, Wash., Saturday. "We were lucky to see the grandchildren."

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705354250/Susan-Powells-father-sees-grandsons.html

AmandaReckonwith
12-30-2009, 10:10 AM
Josh's father is helping him now.
Did he help him Dec 6-7?

"Josh spoke to his father on the phone for hours"
"Josh talked to his father more than he talked to Susan"
"Josh's father would send him anti-LDS literature"

And what was the sticky point for the marriage to remain or divorce to happen? THE LDS CHURCH!

Let's look at this from Josh's POV...
Susan was about to destroy him, take everything, take the sons he loves so much.
She had a career, his all careers all faltered, failed.
Susan was loved, he was disliked, thought to be a creep (per Tim Peterson their "friend")

Let's look at this from Steven Powell's POV...
Susan was ruining Josh's life.
She was trying to force that awful (his idea not mine) religion on Josh against his will.
Steven was cruel to his ex-wife Terri Powell, caused her all sorts of grief throughout the divorce process (I wish I knew more about that dynamic)

OK, so? Did Steven Powell help after he got a panicked call from Josh about what happened that night after JoVonna left?

I am thinking this partly because of the cryptic "out of state" reference on Kiirsi's blog, plus-- add in all the why's of how fathers help their sons and sons turn out like their fathers.

I am 99.99999% sure Josh did this, but the answer to where he put her might involve his father.

Can we sleuth?

coopzoo
12-30-2009, 10:33 AM
Did he help him Dec 6-7?

I am 99.99999% sure Josh did this, but the answer to where he put her might involve his father.

By george, I think you're onto something here... good thinking.

Lipin One
12-30-2009, 10:35 AM
Most of them wife-disappearing-and-leaving-purse-and-cell-behind guys had a lady-love on the side, who was waiting for her man to become "unattached."

Most were on the verge of divorce, thus loosing kids, home, and facing child support payments for years to come.

In Susan's case, it seems like the divorce situation was the main motive, but one should never keep the mind closed to other reasons.

Taminator
12-30-2009, 10:45 AM
Did he help him Dec 6-7?

"Josh spoke to his father on the phone for hours"
"Josh talked to his father more than he talked to Susan"
"Josh's father would send him anti-LDS literature"

And what was the sticky point for the marriage to remain or divorce to happen? THE LDS CHURCH!

Let's look at this from Josh's POV...
Susan was about to destroy him, take everything, take the sons he loves so much.
She had a career, his all careers all faltered, failed.
Susan was loved, he was disliked, thought to be a creep (per Tim Peterson their "friend")

Let's look at this from Steven Powell's POV...
Susan was ruining Josh's life.
She was trying to force that awful (his idea not mine) religion on Josh against his will.
Steven was cruel to his ex-wife Terri Powell, caused her all sorts of grief throughout the divorce process (I wish I knew more about that dynamic)

OK, so? Did Steven Powell help after he got a panicked call from Josh about what happened that night after JoVonna left?

I am thinking this partly because of the cryptic "out of state" reference on Kiirsi's blog, plus-- add in all the why's of how fathers help their sons and sons turn out like their fathers.

Can we sleuth?

Do you think it's possible they met halfway with her body? Maybe a route they would be familiar with on the way to Puyallup, but not all the way? Seems logical that the boys would be sleeping and probably not seen "grandpa". I'm off to do a little mapping......

Taminator
12-30-2009, 11:04 AM
The most logical route from Utah to WA runs straight through Idaho and Oregon on I-84. The you hit I-82 the rest of the trip, according to what I am seeing. I am wondering if there are any places that the Powell family maybe took vacations or went camping back in the day that would be in either Idaho or Oregon.

passionflower
12-30-2009, 12:25 PM
yes, I've read what she said. she has said many things on her page at this point. what really caught me though is:

<redacted>

We all can take this anyway we wish, what fits in to our particular scenario, make her part of the murder?, or let's put Kiirsi AND JoVonna into the mix.
I guess they were ALL in on it. Just my itty bitty opinion of course, but I believe this is part LDS, part LE, and much killing her to have to state such. God bless her is my thought for having to keep tight.

Would I chomp the package off anyone I knew did away with my best friend?
(in so many words quoting you NurseBee) you betcha!!! I may look like Ms. Lector before it's over! :)

I'm just saying let's not judge a book by the Facebook cover at this point. I am now feeling as sorry for Kiirsi as I am the Coxs'. She is the Xena warrior up front, and having to take all this. They are staying in the background. When this is over, and done I ask all of you who judge her to take as much care giving her an apology. Bet page will be closed then. And you will be left with the most horrible of statements, and nowhere to give it up too. Unless someone on here would wish (hopefully) to start a "Let me make amends to Susan's best friend page."

NO, I do NOT agree with no searches. Why in God's name she is saying this? I have no clue. What I do know is that I would hate to be named one of her friends from this crowd. Or at least a first name. Have a feeling that--I, too, would be crucified this morning.

Let's be "en guarde" to the person who killed her. Need I give him a name? Only too happy to---
his name is Josh Powell.

just saying it the way i feel. my goal is not to make anyone feel badly, just GO for the person who took her life. ask yourself this:

does he trust anyone?
does anyone trust him?
nuff said

new BBM............I really don't think Kiirsi and group want Susan found!
The reason........we will all know the TRUTH!
If my "best" friend, loved one or PET was missing ,
you better believe I would have a search party scheduled ever time I could!
We would be out there...........no way could I just BLOG away!
No way could I allow her body out in the wilderness without trying to find her.
It really makes me suspicious on some of Susans friends!
I live in a very cold, weather bad, mountainess area, we have coal mines and strip mines, wild life and woods, yet we have search parties all the time.
I just do not understand any of these people not wanting a search!
I remember so well Stacy peterson's friend out searching for her and getting money for searches.
Why not for Susan?

mysticrose
12-30-2009, 12:51 PM
Josh's father sent him anti - LDS literature ...interesting, Do we know what religon if any Josh's dad is ?

The other thing that is eating at me is why would Susans friend Kiirsi not want anyone to search for her ? Is it denial or something else ....

KaylynnCouture
12-30-2009, 01:00 PM
This morning, I happened to be in West Valley visiting a friend. I drove by Susan Powells residence and it looked almost dead. No lights on, driveway wasn't shoveled (there's tons of snow here), newspapers looked to be on the doorstep still, no trashcan outside (it's trash day), etc. It really appeared vacant, or that people haven't lived there in the past few weeks. Just thought I'd share with everyone who isn't here in Utah..

Melanie
12-30-2009, 01:00 PM
Mods,

No disrespect - but if someone says something on line, in a blog, in a link, why is it redacted? Freedom of speech and all, and copying what said subject said.

Thanks so much.

Melanie

AmandaReckonwith
12-30-2009, 01:11 PM
With Josh being gone for 17 hours and then 24 hours the next day, there was plenty of time to take Susan to anywhere.
It is 13-14 hours from his home to his fathers home, my guess is he went nothwest with Susan's body.

No kidnapper. Just her loving hubbie whom she was about to send home to Dad anyways. He just wanted to be there WITH his boys.

So, wrap her up good, maybe she'd fit into a camping gear bag... and someplace on the way oops there goes the container.

PLENTY of time to do it alone or with Dads help. PLENTY of time to go back in daylight to check for visible signs. When does snow melt in the mountains? Like May?
By then it's a cold case, life goes on for Josh if he hid her well.

IMO, and I am so cynical.

eta:
click this link then when it gives the article click on "MAPS" upper left and the route comes up.
http://tinyurl.com/yj5d7bz

adnoid
12-30-2009, 01:39 PM
Mods,

No disrespect - but if someone says something on line, in a blog, in a link, why is it redacted? Freedom of speech and all, and copying what said subject said.

Thanks so much.

Melanie

Because copying posts from one board to another without the permission of the writer is bad manners. Links and clips are OK.

Lexington
12-30-2009, 02:04 PM
There is really no huge mystery about this case. Josh killed Susan in the house, hence the wet spot on the rug from the cleanup. He then packaged her body and put it in the trunk of his car. The boys were then awakened and told they were going camping. They were loaded into the car where they promptly fell asleep (it was the middle of the night after all). Josh dumped the body in a spot far from home. He returned with the rental car to check on the safety of the dump spot, or move it to a better location. Thanks to the negligence of LE, Susan's remains might not be recovered for months, if at all. This really gets my goat.

KaylynnCouture
12-30-2009, 02:09 PM
There is really no huge mystery about this case. Josh killed Susan in the house, hence the wet spot on the rug from the cleanup. He then packaged her body and put it in the trunk of his car. The boys were then awakened and told they were going camping. They were loaded into the car where they promptly fell asleep (it was the middle of the night after all). Josh dumped the body in a spot far from home. He returned with the rental car to check on the safety of the dump spot, or move it to a better location. Thanks to the negligence of LE, Susan's remains might not be recovered for months, if at all. This really gets my goat.

I agree. It seems what happened is very obvious. Now, the question is..where is Susans body?

TGIRecovered
12-30-2009, 02:12 PM
I posted a comment on Kiirsi's blog entry entitled "The Dark Side of the Search for Susan Powell". Kiirsi replied to my comment and asked that I relay her thanks to those of us at WS who are sleuthing for the truth about Susan's disappearance. I copied that part of her reply and will post it below, hoping it won't be deleted by mods since it is per Kiirsi's request.

TGI, thank you–please tell your friends at WebSleuths that I appreciate the work they’re putting into actually finding out what happened.

I think that there has been some confusion about who Kiirsi is referring to as "haters". I don't think she is referring to us...more likely it is people posting on local blogs. As for those who want her to be out searching...thats awfully hard to do in the snow and ice when there is no specific area to search and you have three little ones of your own to care for.

What searchers need is more specific info as to where Josh went. Kiirsi seems to be supporting us in sleuthing that out. Maybe we should try to be a bit more understanding of her difficult position at this time.

kiki the parrot
12-30-2009, 02:17 PM
Most of them wife-disappearing-and-leaving-purse-and-cell-behind guys had a lady-love on the side, who was waiting for her man to become "unattached."

Most were on the verge of divorce, thus loosing kids, home, and facing child support payments for years to come.

In Susan's case, it seems like the divorce situation was the main motive, but one should never keep the mind closed to other reasons.

(bbm) Well I could be proven wrong but IMO there was no lover-on-the-side, no homewrecker competing for JP's attention, except daddy that is...

Do you think it's possible they met halfway with her body? Maybe a route they would be familiar with on the way to Puyallup, but not all the way? Seems logical that the boys would be sleeping and probably not seen "grandpa". I'm off to do a little mapping......

Yes this possibility was discussed back a ways (will attempt to find) I did a radial circumpherence of estimated distance, and we speculated concerning whether JP may have increased the distance Susan's body could've traveled by enlisting the help of his father. I believe this is exactly what happened, and if we knew more re his father's whereabouts in the days following SP's disappearance it will help. Did his father's arrival in West Valley coincide w Josh's return the first time, or w his return in rental car eg... I am trying to recall, need to go back and look into the exact timing. Maybe dad followed Josh back to WVC but was laying low. LE needs to sieze and process daddy's car (or w/e he was driving) and analyze his pings, card purchases etc...

mom_of_five
12-30-2009, 02:24 PM
Josh's father sent him anti - LDS literature ...interesting, Do we know what religon if any Josh's dad is ?

The other thing that is eating at me is why would Susans friend Kiirsi not want anyone to search for her ? Is it denial or something else ....

Are some of us thinking that, perhaps, Josh and Kirsii were/are a bit more than friends? I'm only asking because that certainly turned out to be the case with Tara and Chris (in the Coleman case)...:waitasec:

mom_of_five
12-30-2009, 02:26 PM
Mods,

Thanks so much.

Melanie

My thought was copywright issues...?

kiki the parrot
12-30-2009, 02:29 PM
If it wasn't entirely clear, I speculated this would have enabled JP to have only driven anywhere up to six hours one way (12 total round trip), while Susan's body could have continued farther... clever way of defying LE if dad had his cell disabled or left it in WA eg... meanwhile Susan could've been transported considerably outside the parameters it would be estimated that *JP* himself could travel w/in the time for which he was unaccounted. Would daddy do this? IMO "You betcha..." :( Personally I'm starting to question the extent of this meddlesome father's role in the entire chain of events, beginning w it's inception...

Curious Me
12-30-2009, 02:34 PM
Just checkin in here...looks like Josh is stonewalling still...and still has those boys !!

All of our ranting and raving won't do much...what we do need is new laws, new ways of thinking IMHO

when a parent is a POI in the case of a missing/murdered spouse, the children of the couple should be removed from the home until some determination is made

there ought to be some law like that....call it "Susan's Law" if you wish

there has to be some way to get those kids from that jerk JMO

Isn't taking those young kids "camping" in middle of night, freezing weather, some sort of endangerment?? I think someone needs to get creative legally..put those boys first

Good idea. I really thought there was some law already in place to protect the people around the POI more. I don't believe I would want to trust the POI is being watched enough. The two little boys were left with a man that is under serious questioning by LE - it's not right to just trust him until we find out different. There definitely needs to be a Susan's Law now that we see what happens without one. I hope LE is as worried about those two little boys as we are.

Taminator
12-30-2009, 02:50 PM
If it wasn't entirely clear, I speculated this would have enabled JP to have only driven anywhere up to six hours one way (12 total round trip), while Susan's body could have continued farther... clever way of defying LE if dad had his cell disabled or left it in WA eg... meanwhile Susan could've been transported considerably outside the parameters it would be estimated that *JP* himself could travel w/in the time for which he was unaccounted. Would daddy do this? IMO "You betcha..." :( Personally I'm starting to question the extent of this meddlesome father's role in the entire chain of events, beginning w it's inception...

BBM

I completely agree. He seems more concerned about his son, himself and his family being "villified" than finding his missing daughter-in-law. There's hardly a doubt in my mind that he has some type of involvement.

Taminator
12-30-2009, 02:57 PM
Are some of us thinking that, perhaps, Josh and Kirsii were/are a bit more than friends? I'm only asking because that certainly turned out to be the case with Tara and Chris (in the Coleman case)...:waitasec:

Honestly, I don't think they are more than friends. I feel it's more of a case of keeping your friends close and your enemies closer.

ETA: If she maintains an open line of communication with him, she has anywhere from 0%-100% chance of getting *some* type of information from him. If she goes on the record, as many already have, and says she thinks he's responsible, she has a 0% chance of finding anything out. I imagine, if this is the case, it's a hard line to tow.