PDA

View Full Version : Do You Think Susan Will Ever Be Found?

Pages : [1] 2

Patty G
01-11-2010, 08:23 AM
Do You Think Susan Will Ever Be Found?

Patty G
01-11-2010, 09:15 AM
I voted yes, Susan will be found, but not until the weather changes.

fran
01-11-2010, 09:36 AM
I'm with you PattyG. I can't see how they'd possibly be able to find her until the snow is gone.

OTOH, MAYBE the perp will tell someone where he put her.

I know, wishful thinking.

:(
fran

passionflower
01-11-2010, 10:31 AM
Yes, Josh doesn't seem that creative or ambicious to me.
IMO, Josh would be in a hurry to dispose of Susan.
He hates germs.......no touch, so she's wrapped or rolled up.......
no body fluids in HIS van!!!
IMO, when the snow melts or before someone will spot her while
hiking, hunting or maybe someone will search for her some day.

Vegas Bride
01-11-2010, 10:47 AM
My thought every day is that it might be the day Susan is found! When she is found then people who don't want to face the worst can know what most of us have felt almost from the beginning. Susan deserves to be found and deserves justice for herself and for her children also. I think about other cases where things seemed pretty hopeless and then remember how Laci and Connor were found in the spring and that gives me hope. Right now the snow is helping to hide many things but it will not last forever.

Tick Tock Josh, Tick Tock!!

VB

passionflower
01-11-2010, 10:53 AM
Families of the missing want solace
Disappearances » Utah's official database lists 56 persons, including Susan Powell.
Updated: 01/05/2010 09:54:52 AM MST
<snipped> for space from Angel Who Cares
is this a normal count or a high one on unfound people per state???

terminatrixator
01-11-2010, 11:37 AM
I don't believe that Josh will ever admit to anything, even after Susan is found.

I pray every day that Susan will be found and that there will be Justice for Susan, her family and that the children will be placed with Susan's family and they get the help they are going to need after what their father has put them through, jmo.

I noted that he is a very talkative person and he's not talking now, he really truly reminds me so much of Raven Abaroa, who moved from NC to Utah right after the murder of Janet and her unborn child.

I hope it takes less time to get Josh behind bars than it's taking on Janet's case as we are going on 5 years on April 26.

Salem
01-11-2010, 11:44 AM
I think Susan will be found when the snow melts. In the meantime, I believe LE is doing everything they can to trace Josh's footsteps the night Susan disappeared and the days immediately following.

Prayers for Susan, her family and her precious little boys,

Salem

Trident
01-11-2010, 11:49 AM
It's OK that Susan hasn't been found yet. Her body is frozen and so is everything in it. If she is found soon enough in spring thaw, LE will be able to determine how/what killed her, and coupled with the forensic evidence in the house, should be enough to HANG the perp.

Patty G
01-11-2010, 11:49 AM
Disappearances » Utah's official database lists 56 persons, including Susan Powell.

Here is the link for the National Center for Missing Adults for all States.
http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmalistview.php?wstr=Adult&alpha=%&state=AL

I am not sure how accurate the information is and noticed Susan is not listed as missing in Utah! :waitasec:

believe09
01-11-2010, 11:51 AM

It can also depend on how savvy LE is when it comes to MP-they may actually take reports and enter them into the databases, which makes their count seem high.

azwriter
01-11-2010, 11:55 AM
I'm on the same page as Patty G. A change in the weather will uncover Susan. Sorry to say.

slug
01-11-2010, 12:01 PM
As with any missing person case the longer she is gone the more chance that when she is found it won't be alive unfoutunetly.
But every now and then there is a case where someone is found alive.
From reading about this case I have to agree with several of you that most likely when the snow thaws.

Bartleby
01-11-2010, 12:17 PM
I think Susan will be found when the snow melts. In the meantime, I believe LE is doing everything they can to trace Josh's footsteps the night Susan disappeared and the days immediately following.

Prayers for Susan, her family and her precious little boys,

Salem

Agree 100%. Either forensics will discover enough to recall Josh to Utah as a suspect, and he'll show them where he dumped her body as part of a plea bargain, or they'll find her body without his help, and he'll serve those extra years for his non-compliance. I kind of hope they find her without his help as he's been so uncooperative so far, he deserves the extra years IMO.

mushyb
01-11-2010, 12:55 PM
I too thnk she will be found, i hope JP is haunted day and night and in his every dream till she is found.

nursebeeme
01-11-2010, 01:04 PM
thanks for the poll.

I voted no... but I am really not sure... and would have voted that way if there were that option.

also, might I add that if they do arrest him and there is some sort of deal I could see him perhaps disclosing the location of her body.

all moo of course

indicat
01-11-2010, 01:19 PM
It's OK that Susan hasn't been found yet. Her body is frozen and so is everything in it. If she is found soon enough in spring thaw, LE will be able to determine how/what killed her, and coupled with the forensic evidence in the house, should be enough to HANG the perp.

That's what I was thinking, it's freezing cold here. When it warms up people will start going hiking, camping and more outdoor things that are very popular around here. I do believe she will be found when people get out and about in the warmer weather.

angeleleven
01-11-2010, 02:04 PM
That's what I was thinking, it's freezing cold here. When it warms up people will start going hiking, camping and more outdoor things that are very popular around here. I do believe she will be found when people get out and about in the warmer weather.

I agree with your post, indicat. I will be so glad when she is found. I think about this case all the time. Thank you Patty for the poll.

lemonmoussetart
01-11-2010, 11:23 PM
Agree 100%. Either forensics will discover enough to recall Josh to Utah as a suspect, and he'll show them where he dumped her body as part of a plea bargain, or they'll find her body without his help, and he'll serve those extra years for his non-compliance. I kind of hope they find her without his help as he's been so uncooperative so far, he deserves the extra years IMO.

Could not agree more. If JP hasn't cracked by now he "ain't gonna" unless there's something in it for him like a plea for lesser time, or to discard the DP.

As for finding Susan it may be after snow melts, but I've always had a feeling that she will be found sooner than later. By sooner I mean not years, more like with 6 months. The fairly close cliff theory that someone mentioned in thread 5 is entirely plausible. Really don't think he'd want her in the car any longer than necessary whether it be from getting pulled over just by being spotted in a snowstorm in the middle of nowhere. Next thought is he would wish to make sure that little ones were still good and asleep while he did the deed. So, IMO she is not as far as those 17 missing hours would indicate that she could be. Sure he spent plenty of that time thinking "Now wth am I going to do? What the he!! did I just do? And how am going to get away with this?" Not to mention every hour she was decomposing, and we know how he would feel about that for cleanliness, and evidence.

spicedtea
01-12-2010, 12:55 AM
I think they'll find her,like other posters have said,in Spring when the snow thaws. But IMO it will be her body and it'll be someplace within his "comfort zone",near a site he/they used to live or vacation at.

With all the time he was gone and all the mileage he later logged on that rental car,I wonder if he could have driven her back to washington or oregon (didn't they used to live there?).

poco
01-13-2010, 06:58 AM
Okay, whoa, back up here - I didn't read anything about a rental car - when did he do this???

As to will they find her - hard to say - lots and lots and lots of barren land out there.

Schmerty_Jones
01-13-2010, 10:07 PM
I voted Yes, she will be found,with spring thaw unfortunately. Josh will account to our maker God for the harm to Susan & her beautiful children. He will not escape punishment." JUSTICE IS MINE "saith the Lord!!!!

easttexas
01-13-2010, 10:23 PM
I voted yes that she will be found....there is still hope in finding her...to me He isn't smart enough and obviously he didn't plan well...I think weather is a factor here and that only. BUt to the poster who said it's ok that she isn't found...I disagree. She was someone's baby, daughter, sister, aunt, niece, friend, etc....for them this is a nightmare they can't wake up from. They need to know where she is....even is she isn't with us anymore. JMO

Brwnigirl
01-13-2010, 11:48 PM
I believe she will be found, I see there's not many of us that do. :(

Curious Me
01-14-2010, 03:27 AM
I think she will be found without Josh's help within the next three months. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but there's alot of us wishing Susan will be found. And many people praying.

JMO, the way this case has been handled has probably given Josh confidence he might just get away with it, but as soon as Susan is found and the evidence that may be revealed is announced, then I think Josh will realize he should have done that talking to LE. It'll be too late for any bargaining then, and he'll be real scared.

raysgirl1126
01-14-2010, 12:01 PM
Yes! I have faith! I keep praying Susan will be found soon!

Bartleby
01-15-2010, 12:59 AM
I believe she will be found, I see there's not many of us that do. :(

To my eyes the poll says that over 87% of us think she will be found.

kiki the parrot
01-15-2010, 02:47 PM
Should my theory be correct that Susan was put under the frozen ice in the frigid waters of a lake somewhere :rolleyes: then even IF LE could narrow down the general location to w/in even 100 square mile area... down to a state even... they will still have their work cut out for them. Even this would entail waiting for spring thaw... the one "upside" or thing in their favor is the preservation action of cold.

:parrot:

gitana1
01-16-2010, 05:56 AM
I think those that have been wrongfully taken from this earth have a way of making sure they are found and justice served.

Sherlock At Home
01-16-2010, 05:58 AM
I voted yes, Susan will be found, but not until the weather changes.

Are we assuming Josh is Scott Peterson-stupid and he dumped the body near the area he said he was camping with "his boys"?

PercyVeer
01-16-2010, 06:02 AM
If he keeps attending church I think he will confess where She is. If someone finds her first, ?

lemonmoussetart
01-16-2010, 09:50 PM
Are we assuming Josh is Scott Peterson-stupid and he dumped the body near the area he said he was camping with "his boys"?

Sherlock, am compelled to say that I really dislike (disturbing) your avatar.
Or, is it??? eeeks

fran
01-16-2010, 10:51 PM
I think she will be found without Josh's help within the next three months. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but there's alot of us wishing Susan will be found. And many people praying.

JMO, the way this case has been handled has probably given Josh confidence he might just get away with it, but as soon as Susan is found and the evidence that may be revealed is announced, then I think Josh will realize he should have done that talking to LE. It'll be too late for any bargaining then, and he'll be real scared.

BBM

NOT contradicting you but............IMHO...............Josh is REAL scared now!

Seriously, I can see it in his face. He's scared sh**less! He can't believe what he's done and he's going to have to PAY!!!!!

If not in this life, after...............

fran

PS....I have to admit............I've followed many of these cases. I hate to predict if they'll be found,................my first one was Laci Peterson,................we just don't know. Staci Peterson, ???????????.........Lisa Stebic????????????

We just DON'T KNOW.

It truly breaks your heart. :( fran

grayjay
01-16-2010, 11:06 PM
Not knowing the facts, I hesitated a lot to say yes, but yes. I think the chances are amazingly high she'll be found, unless she's been taken by a mountain lion. Utah, after all, is a mecca for outdoor sports like mountain biking and four-wheeling. If you think people just rip by everything and don't pay attention to what they see, you can think again. You've got photographers, geologists, and botanists, to name a few.

PercyVeer
01-17-2010, 04:52 AM
Not knowing the facts, I hesitated a lot to say yes, but yes. I think the chances are amazingly high she'll be found, unless she's been taken by a mountain lion. Utah, after all, is a mecca for outdoor sports like mountain biking and four-wheeling. If you think people just rip by everything and don't pay attention to what they see, you can think again. You've got photographers, geologists, and botanists, to name a few.

You seem logical, and intelligent. Others have mentioned the wild animal theory, and I happen to agree. Quick disposal, and you have to consider rthe animal angle. However, other cases with wild animal interfernce have been solved! What do you think the chances are, if the disposal was open, that someone willl find something?

PercyVeer
01-17-2010, 04:56 AM
BBM

NOT contradicting you but............IMHO...............Josh is REAL scared now!

Seriously, I can see it in his face. He's scared sh**less! He can't believe what he's done and he's going to have to PAY!!!!!

If not in this life, after...............

fran

PS....I have to admit............I've followed many of these cases. I hate to predict if they'll be found,................my first one was Laci Peterson,................we just don't know. Staci Peterson, ???????????.........Lisa Stebic????????????

We just DON'T KNOW.

It truly breaks your heart. :( fran
Fran, as a lurker I always loved your posts.
My greatest hope...
No, second greatest hope, is that the man will confess where she is,
as he seems to feel he has to keep up appearances for the kids, and that
means going to church, a great pressure on his spirit
if he keeps visiting there. IMO

yosande
01-20-2010, 04:23 AM
I hope LE is tracking his whereabouts, physically, cyberly, and phone.

Gin
01-20-2010, 10:54 AM
Fran, as a lurker I always loved your posts.
My greatest hope...
No, second greatest hope, is that the man will confess where she is,
as he seems to feel he has to keep up appearances for the kids, and that
means going to church, a great pressure on his spirit
if he keeps visiting there. IMO
I dunno. I see what you're saying, but I'm not convinced he feels too much guilt. I think it was more, I'll stop by church, you bring me a tuna casserole, boxes and help me move on with my life. It was a great trade for him.

I do think he's probably under more pressure now. I'm not convinced dear ole dad is the best handholder. He would have (at least temporarily) gotten more of that kind of sympathy in SLC. If J finally somehow realizes he's not in control anymore, he'll probably do whatever he can to mitigate his consequences. You know, attempt to cut a deal with LE. Of course, LE doesn't always want or need to deal, we'll have to see how this evolves.

Bobbisangel
01-24-2010, 04:06 AM
I would think that she isn't to far off some road. The snow kept him really limited as to where he could take her and how well he could hide her. There is no way he could have buried her in the ground. He probably buried her under some snow and that is why his hands were red and chapped. His driving would have been limited as to where he could go. No back roads rarely traveled. I don't know if he had chains or snow tires but I doubt that he was traveling the back roads with two kids in the van. Although he didn't seem to think of his kids much or he wouldn't have murdered their mother.

I don't want this guy to get away with killing his wife. He doesn't deserve to raise the little boys either. I hope Susan haunts him until she is found but I have an idea that not much will get to Josh. He is with his daddy now and daddy is taking care of him. Pitiful. His dad really turned me off.

I wonder if Susan's family get to even see the boys.

Sheromom
01-24-2010, 05:14 AM

Either that or we will get lucky and one of those big ole Puyallup Bull Riders will meet up with him on the street!

fran
01-30-2010, 07:55 PM

You betcha' they're keeping track of ol Josh!

He can run but he can't hide!

The arm of the law is verrrryyyyy LONG!

LOL, hey, Josh! I know you thought you'd be safe all the way in the State of Washington. But you do know they have LE there too, doncha'?!:crazy:

Oh, and that little ol gate isn't going to protect you when they come for you either. ;)

Just sayin'
fran

PS>...........It may not be until the snow melts before they find Susan. But, there is 'no statute of limitations' when it comes to murder~ fran

nitasch
02-02-2010, 04:55 PM
I think she will be found as well, but not till the snow melts..... If he dumped her in one of the canyon locations, that could mean April or even May.

I know some of the bodies they have found in the past few years have been there for close to one year.

The visiting mother and daughter that went hiking by Park City and got caught in a storm were not found till the following summer...very sad, but the weather in the mountains here is brutal.

Oh, and I don't believe Josh will ever admit to anything.

burbqueen
02-05-2010, 11:41 AM
I'm ready for the snow to melt, come on. Susan is out there somewhere.

OT, Why does Poco's cat look like my DH????!?!?

Mesmerized
02-05-2010, 02:37 PM
She will be found, eventually. Many people are willing to search once the weather and ground conditions make it more do-able, adn then there are the outdoor enthusiasts. Or perhaps LE will find her based on evidence and clues that comes into play over time.

I think Josh would talk (in the absence of his lawyer and father) if confronted with seemingly irrefutable evidence of his involvement. He is the type who would correct LE if they got a detail of the event(s) slightly wrong when re-telling the story.

websurfer
02-08-2010, 07:01 AM
He seems to have picked a time of year { for his own reasons? }
when he could not bury her..
so that makes me wonder this?
Why?
Why would he kill his wife during the coldest most snowy and cold time of the year?
I can't even begin to analyze that..?
Why this time of year in a cold snowy climate?
You could not dig a hole, UNLESS of course you already had one made someplace?
So my guess is for LE to backtrack his movements before this happened.
Possibly he traveled someplace made a hole prior to this murder, maybe near his father's place?
Didn't he go there often before and after? And were't there some miles on that rented car/
and why did he have the car?
He said he camped out in a van?
So could he drive two automobiles at once?
Maybe i need somebody to clarify the car rental timeline & the van camping story?
thanks...
so I say she is either in a cave/mine hole or
he transported her to an already made hole near his family home?

websurfer
02-08-2010, 07:03 AM
Should my theory be correct that Susan was put under the frozen ice in the frigid waters of a lake somewhere :rolleyes: then even IF LE could narrow down the general location to w/in even 100 square mile area... down to a state even... they will still have their work cut out for them. Even this would entail waiting for spring thaw... the one "upside" or thing in their favor is the preservation action of cold.

:parrot:

:woohoo:I think you may have something there!

grayjay
02-08-2010, 10:34 AM
I think the fact that JP turned white as a sheet when served the most recent search warrant speaks volumes. It is possible, but he thinks almost impossible, to find her.

Mesmerized
02-08-2010, 12:50 PM
He seems to have picked a time of year { for his own reasons? }
when he could not bury her..
so that makes me wonder this?
Why?
Why would he kill his wife during the coldest most snowy and cold time of the year?
I can't even begin to analyze that..?
Why this time of year in a cold snowy climate?
You could not dig a hole, UNLESS of course you already had one made someplace?
So my guess is for LE to backtrack his movements before this happened.
Possibly he traveled someplace made a hole prior to this murder, maybe near his father's place?
Didn't he go there often before and after? And were't there some miles on that rented car/
and why did he have the car?
He said he camped out in a van?
So could he drive two automobiles at once?
Maybe i need somebody to clarify the car rental timeline & the van camping story?
thanks...
so I say she is either in a cave/mine hole or
he transported her to an already made hole near his family home?

To recap information from the past 2 months worth of discussion:

As to the timing/season - she had given him an ultimatum that he change his ways by a certain date or the marriage was over. Perhaps by the New Year, or perhaps by his birthday which also passed in January.

As to the rental car - he had it while law enforcement processed the family van for evidence (after the supposed midnight "camping" trip with the boys the night she disappeared). He reportedly put "several hundred miles" on the rental car within 24 hours.

RubyRed
02-09-2010, 08:10 AM
If Susan is not found this statement by Susan's parents is going to help the defense.

Both believe that Susan is still alive. "She's out there, somewhere," said Judy. Her husband Chuck Cox added, "I just have not felt that she's gone. And I think I'd know that."

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/slc/story/Susan-Powells-parents-have-a-message-for-Josh/V9UjCSrVaUSnVub2mVQ9gQ.cspx

grayjay
02-09-2010, 09:42 AM
If Susan is not found this statement by Susan's parents is going to help the defense.

Both believe that Susan is still alive. "She's out there, somewhere," said Judy. Her husband Chuck Cox added, "I just have not felt that she's gone. And I think I'd know that."

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/slc/story/Susan-Powells-parents-have-a-message-for-Josh/V9UjCSrVaUSnVub2mVQ9gQ.cspx This can only help the defense if everyone else holds this strong belief that sensitive, in-touch people always know. Certainly isn't my own experience.

Even if people think it, I'm just guessing it could hurt Josh because at some point he's going to want a death certificate to be issued.

Mesmerized
02-09-2010, 10:26 AM
Did JP ever make any assertions that Susan left of her own free will (i.e., ran away)?

I guess his refusal to look for her would make more sense to me, personally, if I thought he believed that she had up and left him. If his initial reaction was like "I can't believe she did this. Leaving me to take care of the boys on my own, without so much as a discussion. I know our marriage wasn't perfect, but couldn't she live with a divorce? Why did she have to take off and leave us?"

OTOH, if he had been asserting that she must have been abducted then he would be out frantically looking for her or pleading for her safe return...right?

He reminds me of a friend and a relative who both think they are leagues ahead of everyone else in the intelligence department, and tell these ridiculous stories. Most people accept the stories at face value, but when somebody questions them on the details or inconsistencies...they are dumb-founded and shocked that somebody is on to them. They don't know what to say so they withdraw, clam up, and typically leave to avoid the scrutiny.

Mesmerized
02-09-2010, 10:29 AM
This can only help the defense if everyone else holds this strong belief that sensitive, in-touch people always know. Certainly isn't my own experience.

Even if people think it, I'm just guessing it could hurt Josh because at some point he's going to want a death certificate to be issued.

Also, the Coxes can simply say "Deep down we knew she had to be gone, but we just couldn't bring ourselves to accept it and say the words out loud. The pain was too great." Nobody would fault them for that.

grayjay
02-09-2010, 10:47 AM
Also, the Coxes can simply say "Deep down we knew she had to be gone, but we just couldn't bring ourselves to accept it and say the words out loud. The pain was too great." Nobody would fault them for that.
I think so. They go on TV and describe the grief process. Grief at the huge loss, not the confusion and worry about someone who's abducted. They demonstrate denial, which is a big part of that grief. It's very normal. In their hearts they are suffering the greatest pain of grief and we see it over and over. They are also showing great courage.

Mesmerized
02-10-2010, 10:10 PM
I think so. They go on TV and describe the grief process. Grief at the huge loss, not the confusion and worry about someone who's abducted. They demonstrate denial, which is a big part of that grief. It's very normal. In their hearts they are suffering the greatest pain of grief and we see it over and over. They are also showing great courage.

That's exactly what I see, grayjay.

They don't go on TV and say to an unknown abductor, "If you took Susan, please bring her back. Her boys need her."...or "Susan, honey, if you're out there please come home. The boys need you."

No, they go on TV and make statements to the effect of...
"Josh was the last on to see her."
"Josh's story just doesn't add up."
"Josh is throwing a roadblock by not helping with the investigation."

They're onto him.

PickieChickie
02-10-2010, 10:22 PM
That's exactly what I see, grayjay.

They don't go on TV and say to an unknown abductor, "If you took Susan, please bring her back. Her boys need her."...or "Susan, honey, if you're out there please come home. The boys need you."

No, they go on TV and make statements to the effect of...
"Josh was the last on to see her."
"Josh's story just doesn't add up."
"Josh is throwing a roadblock by not helping with the investigation."

They're onto him.

The fact Mr. Cox thinks Susan is still alive is so confusing. If this is the case, why isn't the reward higher? Why no effort to establish a reward fund controlled by an entity that specializes in collecting funds like this? Why is the reward a measly $11,000.00? If someone knows something, which I am sure someone does, why is it there hasn't been a focus on increasing the reward so that one person will give up the information to solve this case? This is the one thing that has really annoyed me!

RubyRed
02-20-2010, 11:35 AM
Officials say human remains found by child near Olympia not believed to be those of Susan Cox Powell

Human remains found near the Cowlitz River 2-19-10 Lewis Co., WA - Help Find The Missing

grayjay
02-20-2010, 11:52 AM
The fact Mr. Cox thinks Susan is still alive is so confusing. If this is the case, why isn't the reward higher? Why no effort to establish a reward fund controlled by an entity that specializes in collecting funds like this? Why is the reward a measly $11,000.00? If someone knows something, which I am sure someone does, why is it there hasn't been a focus on increasing the reward so that one person will give up the information to solve this case? This is the one thing that has really annoyed me!
I don't think Chuck Cox thinks Susan is alive. I think he is a father, and it's not his place to give up hope. I don't link the reward value with his beliefs, but there do seem to be other reasons that it hasn't been raised. All of us who care could donate more, of course, but I don't see myself adding to it at this point. Of course you can, or you can create a fund drive to make it happen.

Dr. Know?
02-21-2010, 07:59 PM
This is 58 miles from where Susan lived.

Body found in Hobble Creek Canyon

Hikers reported finding a body in Hobble Creek Canyon in Utah County dispatchers said Sunday.

Sheriff's deputies were en route to the canyon as of 5 p.m. The Salt Lake Tribune will report further details as they become available.

Erin Alberty

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14445078?source=rss

Please move if needed. I couldn't find a thread to put it in.

laytonian
02-21-2010, 08:33 PM
This report has more details, like "only a five minute hike off the road" -- and frankly, this would make more sense, than "west desert"

SLC Channel 4 Report (http://www.abc4.com/mostpopular/story/Body-found-in-Hobblecreek-Canyon/yWBRkykOsEaHOMH406ex3g.cspx)

Body found in Hobblecreek Canyon

Last Update: 6:04 pm
Print Story | ShareThis

Police (ABC 4 News) SPRINGVILLE, Utah (ABC 4 News) - A body has been found in Hobblecreek Canyon Sunday afternoon.

The body is located about five minute hike from the main road in the Right Hand Fork area of the canyon.

Hikers called in the find Sunday afternoon.

Not much is known yet as to how the body got there or even the gender.

Utah County Sheriff has crews on the way to the scene to get more information.

Stay tuned to ABC 4 News and abc4.com for updates on this story.

PickieChickie
02-21-2010, 10:31 PM
SPRINGVILLE — Sheriff's deputies have confirmed that the body of a 25- to 35-year-old woman was found by hikers in Hobble Creek Canyon on Sunday.

The call came in to Utah County Sheriff's dispatchers about 4:10 p.m. that a body was found on the side of the road about 3 to 4 miles from the mouth of the canyon. Investigators are calling the circumstances "suspicious" but wouldn't disclose details.

Investigators have been trying to reach the body by snowmobile or hiking for removal.

When asked whether the body could be that of Susan Powell the missing West Valley City mother of two, Utah County Sheriff's Sgt. Spencer Cannon said they're pretty certain the body is not that of Powell, who has been gone for more than two months.

"It's not connected to any missing person cases that we know about at this time," he said.

More information will be posted on deseretnews.com as it becomes available.
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700011086/Deputies-call-circumstances-involving-body-found-in-Hobble-Creek-Canyon-suspicious.html

RubyRed
02-24-2010, 03:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OQHpJCEFLg&feature=related

Where is Susan? A nice video of her.

PickieChickie
02-24-2010, 03:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OQHpJCEFLg&feature=related

Where is Susan? A nice video of her.

If you'd like the file for it so you can upload it to the Internet, let me know. I obtained it from the person who made it and have their permission to spread it around as a raw file rather than sharing via YouTube.

RubyRed
02-25-2010, 07:21 PM
http://primewriter.com/news-1246-headlines/wp-content/uploads/susan-powell.jpg

Hoping Susan is found soon.

RubyRed
02-25-2010, 08:44 PM
Supporters of Susan Powell have canvassed the Washington state neighborhood where her husband Joshua has moved with the couple's two children, Charlie, 5, and Braden, 3. Several posters with Susan Powell's photo, adorned with purple tape and ribbons, are hanging on signs, light posts and trees, said Shelby Gifford, a spokeswoman for Susan Powell's parents, Chuck and Judy Cox.

Two posters with Susan Powell's photo are prominently displayed at the entrance of the gated community.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14471715

I bet Joshy is sweating it out now,,,LOL What a pathetic loser.

PickieChickie
02-25-2010, 08:46 PM
Supporters of Susan Powell have canvassed the Washington state neighborhood where her husband Joshua has moved with the couple's two children, Charlie, 5, and Braden, 3. Several posters with Susan Powell's photo, adorned with purple tape and ribbons, are hanging on signs, light posts and trees, said Shelby Gifford, a spokeswoman for Susan Powell's parents, Chuck and Judy Cox.

Two posters with Susan Powell's photo are prominently displayed at the entrance of the gated community.

I bet Joshy is sweating it out now,,,LOL

Josh Powell can run but he can't hide. His day will come, whether it is on the final judgement day or here on earth. He will get his just reward!

gwenabob
02-25-2010, 08:46 PM

I bet Joshy is sweating it out now,,,LOL

There is no place he feels safe now. Not even home with Daddy...
How long until his family gets sick of him and the disruption he has brought with him? He has no money. He has no job. He has no way to move out on his own. His life is so screwed. YES!!

RubyRed
02-25-2010, 08:59 PM
http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site297/2010/0225/20100225__puyallup_022610~1_GALLERY.jpg

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site297/2010/0225/20100225__puyallup_022610~2_GALLERY.jpg

grayjay
02-25-2010, 09:33 PM
If Josh gets to where he hates purple enough, he can go for some orange.

RubyRed
02-25-2010, 09:35 PM
if josh gets to where he hates purple enough, he can go for some orange.
lol lol

emmcee
02-26-2010, 06:37 PM
I am SO happy to hear that the gated community where Josh is living has posters displayed. This is really good news. :woohoo:

I don't want him to feel safe anywhere. Hopefully the neighbors - now that they are aware of the situation - will keep an eye on him for any suspicious actions and keep the heat on. And I REALLY hope LE is hovering nearby watching him 24/7.

A really big Thank You to the people who put up the posters!

RubyRed
02-26-2010, 06:52 PM
Joshua Powell's father: Fliers of Susan Powell upset her kidshttp://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14478879

AlexisFresca
02-28-2010, 09:06 PM
There is no place he feels safe now. Not even home with Daddy...
How long until his family gets sick of him and the disruption he has brought with him? He has no money. He has no job. He has no way to move out on his own. His life is so screwed. YES!!

I can't believe that he would think that moving to another state, with a gated community, would shelter him from all speculation. Seriously? Bet the neighbors are more leery of Steve P as well, especially if he kept to himself and didn't allow neighbors to get to know him.

I can hear the reports now, "I never really saw SP other than coming or going a time or two. Its reprehensible that something like this can come to a secured neighborhood; the reason we moved here. While SP was quiet, he did seem like a nice guy". :|

How foolish of JP to probly think he can hide and that this will all 'blow over'.

PickieChickie
02-28-2010, 09:13 PM
I can't believe that he would think that moving to another state, with a gated community, would shelter him from all speculation. Seriously? Bet the neighbors are more leery of Steve P as well, especially if he kept to himself and didn't allow neighbors to get to know him.

I can hear the reports now, "I never really saw SP other than coming or going a time or two. Its reprehensible that something like this can come to a secured neighborhood; the reason we moved here. While SP was quiet, he did seem like a nice guy". :|

How foolish of JP to probly think he can hide and that this will all 'blow over'.

He's a lot more comfortable there with his father hiding in that big house than he was in West Valley City where anyone could walk up to his door and ring the bell or knock.

And, I'm sure he was starting to get really comfortable and then here comes the fliers and ribbons! I'm sure he was PISSED off! Lol!

It's high time everyone quits being nice to him! He needs to feel the brunt of being an outcast, not coddled and catered to like everyone in West Valley City was doing! That gave him a false sense of comfort and security. He needs to have it all thrown in his face over and over and over again until he is afraid to open the door to get the newspaper! Lol!

gwenabob
03-05-2010, 07:45 PM
It seems like this thread is stuck. This is a test.

RubyRed
03-05-2010, 08:23 PM
It seems like this thread is stuck. This is a test.

it took me several tries to get into it.

PickieChickie
03-05-2010, 08:33 PM
It seems like this thread is stuck. This is a test. I received an e-mail regarding this post. It's not "stuck". This site is having some issues today. You've probably been getting the same notices I have that the site is down. Makes me wonder if someone isn't messing with it like they did with Friends and Family of Susan Powell's Facebook group.

cluciano63
03-25-2010, 12:39 AM
I watched a 20/20 tonight about Hans Reiser, who murdered his wife Nina and was convicted despite the fact that her body had not been found. What I found interesting was that the day after Nina disappeared, he took his kids out at night with flashlights and said they were looking for deer, in a remote area.
Once convicted but before sentencing, in order to have a chance at parole after (only) 15 years, Hans decides to give up the location of Nina's body and takes the police there...right to the spot where he had been supposedly looking for deer.
LE believes he only told them earlier about that night with the kids in case he had been seen in that area, so he said he did this often.
This made me think of Josh and his night camping trip, for some reason...I think Susan may be out there someplace...and only one person knows for sure where. (IMO)

PickieChickie
03-25-2010, 01:07 AM
I watched a 20/20 tonight about Hans Reiser, who murdered his wife Nina and was convicted despite the fact that her body had not been found. What I found interesting was that the day after Nina disappeared, he took his kids out at night with flashlights and said they were looking for deer, in a remote area.
Once convicted but before sentencing, in order to have a chance at parole after (only) 15 years, Hans decides to give up the location of Nina's body and takes the police there...right to the spot where he had been supposedly looking for deer.
LE believes he only told them earlier about that night with the kids in case he had been seen in that area, so he said he did this often.
This made me think of Josh and his night camping trip, for some reason...I think Susan may be out there someplace...and only one person knows for sure where. (IMO)

If you go to the 48 Hours website, they have an episode archived there about the Nina and Hans Reiser case. You'd probably enjoy it. I love 48 hours and there are about 40 episodes there for viewing "with limited commercial interruptions". Enjoy!

diphi
03-26-2010, 03:55 PM
All I know is I keep coming back here every day hoping for some news but there never is anything significant. At first I thought she would be found but now I'm starting to wonder. How much circumstantial evidence do you have to have to arrest and try someone without a body?

LE is not looking too good on this one - I just hope they're being sly like a fox.

newone
08-07-2010, 03:15 AM
oh I sooooo want to believe that she will be found so I voted yes....I have been haunted by the Surrette Clark discovery this week which endorses my belief that good does prevail after all -- we just need to be patient and the evil ones stew while we good ones wait and pray

lonetraveler
08-18-2010, 07:36 PM
Sadly, I don't think that Susan will ever be found. I pray that I'm wrong but I do believe that her disappearance was thoroughly planned out and he was gone for so long, both on the night that she disappeared and once again with the rental car. She could be a thousand places and I do believe that the father-in-law was involved in the planning stage and maybe even helped facilitate the disposal of Susan's body.

CDB
08-20-2010, 10:36 AM
I go both ways on this. Certainly some bodies have been disposed of and never come to light, Jimmy Hoffa is a quick one that comes to mind. Yet so many bodies that had obviously been disposed of in a well thought out manner are stumbled upon many years after they are disposed. The more frustrating aspect to me, is the likelihood that by now any evidence that will tie a perpetrator to the body is likely destroyed or highly questionable by defence attorneys.

Sadly, I believe the chances of bringing the perpetrator to justice are quickly evaporating. Furthermore, the corroborating evidence appears to not be compelling enough to even list someone as a person of interest.

It is quite sad for Susan and her family.

emmcee
08-20-2010, 04:25 PM
I cannot BELIEVE that she is still missing. Is LE even working on this one?

RubyRed
08-20-2010, 05:20 PM
I go both ways on this. Certainly some bodies have been disposed of and never come to light, Jimmy Hoffa is a quick one that comes to mind. Yet so many bodies that had obviously been disposed of in a well thought out manner are stumbled upon many years after they are disposed. The more frustrating aspect to me, is the likelihood that by now any evidence that will tie a perpetrator to the body is likely destroyed or highly questionable by defence attorneys.

Sadly, I believe the chances of bringing the perpetrator to justice are quickly evaporating. Furthermore, the corroborating evidence appears to not be compelling enough to even list someone as a person of interest.

It is quite sad for Susan and her family.

bbm

Josh Powell is a POI in her disappearance.

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-josh-powell-called-a-person-of-interest-in,0,2671348.story

SugarJames
08-21-2010, 12:53 AM
I voted yes she will be found...and I believe she is still alive. The problem is most are looking for a dead body. I respect turning over every rock and looking in every ditch and mine, trying to prove a person of interest guilty. But I can't understand why it is automaticly ruled out that she did not simply walk away.

Please dont spend time presenting the "evidence" allready reported. All Im saying...think about the possiblities...

KaylynnCouture
08-21-2010, 04:34 PM
Sadly, I don't think she'll ever be found, although I wish nothing more than for me to be proven wrong.

My theory is that Josh burned her, and then scattered the remains in the water, in the desert, etc...somewhere basically where it wouldn't ever turn up because it would just look like ashes.

I just pray that Susan gets justice, and that her family can get some sort of closure in this horrible case :(

inquisitiveone
08-23-2010, 01:00 AM
Remember when we discussed Josh buying a blow or cutting torch?

Would it be possible to incinerate a human body with a blow or cutting torch?

SugarJames
08-23-2010, 01:12 AM
You could burn a body with a torch but why would you want to? it would most likely take awhile and I would think be a very unpleasent task.

PercyVeer
08-23-2010, 03:19 AM
I have faith she will be found. Things like that happen to those of us who are part of this Church. There is a reason, we do not know, and I am terrifically angry she has not been found yet. But I know in my heart she will be found. Our Sisters have asked and our Father in Heaven will deliver. I just wish people would care for one another more ! Hopefully soon. We will never forget or stop waiting for Susan.

RubyRed
08-23-2010, 07:06 AM

It wouldn't get hot enough. Even houses that burn to the ground with people in them still have bone fragments left etc.

passionflower
08-23-2010, 09:01 AM
Everday I wake hope hoping that she and others will be found!
Alive

laytonian
08-23-2010, 08:23 PM

No, but you could definitely start a good fire with one of them. Especially if you were heading to the Utah outdoors in the winter, when the wood and brush are too damp to start a fire.

RubyBlu
09-10-2010, 08:09 PM
No, but you could definitely start a good fire with one of them. Especially if you were heading to the Utah outdoors in the winter, when the wood and brush are too damp to start a fire.

JP will NOT get away with Susan's murder. Susan needs to be found, and only then, will closure take place for her family and friends.

The thought of JP makes me :sick:

tfrohning
09-11-2010, 03:24 PM
I vote Yes...the question is how long before she found.

IMO a lot remains has been found this year more than I ever notice before.
So yes sooner or later.:(

I wishing that she be found alive.

sogren
09-11-2010, 04:04 PM
JP will NOT get away with Susan's murder. Susan needs to be found, and only then, will closure take place for her family and friends.

The thought of JP makes me :sick:

He makes me sick too. He's a liar and he's just plain evil. May Susan be found soon!

RubyBlu
09-11-2010, 06:00 PM
I vote Yes...the question is how long before she found.

IMO a lot remains has been found this year more than I ever notice before.
So yes sooner or later.:(

I wishing that she be found alive.

Too much time has passed since Susan's disappearance. I don't believe Susan will be found alive and unfortunately wishes won't bring her back. I was just thinking "I wish" ..how ironic :(

snupy
09-13-2010, 10:40 AM
I think she will eventually be found. I think once there is no evidence remaining of how she died, an anonymous tip will come in. How else could he collect the life insurance money?

RubyBlu
09-13-2010, 08:25 PM
I think she will eventually be found. I think once there is no evidence remaining of how she died, an anonymous tip will come in. How else could he collect the life insurance money?

There's insurance money at stake???

If he marches up to claim that, all I can say is --- a new steaming pile of ***** will hit the fan. What a POS :banghead:

laytonian
09-14-2010, 10:11 PM

I'm starting to think the blow torch, gasoline, camping, driving around in a rental car, etc are all canards.

What day was the trash picked up in his neighborhood?
If it was Monday, they missed a good chance to check the landfill.
He might have pulled a Hacking.

RubyBlu
09-15-2010, 09:13 PM
I'm starting to think the blow torch, gasoline, camping, driving around in a rental car, etc are all canards.

What day was the trash picked up in his neighborhood?
If it was Monday, they missed a good chance to check the landfill.
He might have pulled a Hacking.

1) LE has either botched this case entirely or..
2) Giving details of their findings to the public will jeopardize the investigation.
I'll go with #2.

As for your comment: "I'm starting to think the blow torch, gasoline, camping, driving around in a rental car, etc are all canards." If that's true, he ranks right up there with the most notorious & dangerous of sociopaths. He might have overlooked the implications of the "wet spot."

Fairy1
09-17-2010, 11:21 PM
I honestly believed Susan would be found in the spring. Here we are now, nearly at the end of summer and there's been nothing.

I hope something relevant will be found soon.

jmarple
09-18-2010, 04:05 PM
I honestly believed Susan would be found in the spring. Here we are now, nearly at the end of summer and there's been nothing.

I hope something relevant will be found soon.

I was hoping she would be found in the spring, now I'm hoping the hunters will find her. Where are you Susan???

RubyBlu
09-19-2010, 03:44 PM
I was hoping she would be found in the spring, now I'm hoping the hunters will find her. Where are you Susan???

I wish we could washboard JP to get that question answered once and for all :furious:

Jacie Estes
09-19-2010, 11:51 PM
I have jumper cables ;)

RubyBlu
09-20-2010, 06:42 PM
I have jumper cables ;)

DEAL :cool:

Jacie Estes
09-20-2010, 09:42 PM
the hamburglar won't like that ;)

hollyblue
09-20-2010, 09:55 PM
This female body found in WA recently is thought to be someone missing from the 1960's to the 1990's.

Public's help needed in identifying body found near Suncadia Resort

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Publics-help-needed-in-identifying-body-found-at-Suncadia-Resort-103325204.html

diphi
09-22-2010, 11:18 PM
To me, it's just incredible that there has been no real credible information forthcoming from anyone. Surely, someone knows something....

And even info that can't be reasonably proved, such as the bar visit, torch purchase, or is just downright wrong rumor, is very limited.

There's just nothing...Still, I believe that "what goes around, comes around". He'll get it, sooner or later.

Jacie Estes
09-23-2010, 09:57 PM
I don't remember SLC/WVC being so insular that no one would have seen anything.

I wonder if a larger reward would help?

Bobbisangel
10-19-2010, 02:31 PM
If he murdered her late at night and then took her body a distance away from home while he was "camping" with the boys there is a good chance that no one saw anything at all. It was freezing outside with a lot of snow and people with any sense were probably at home in the warmth.

I just can't figure out where he would have taken her and hiden her body that well so that it has never been found. He couldn't have dug a grave because the ground would have been frozen solid so what did he do with her? How did he hide her that well? It is just a puzzle to me. I really thought she would show up once the snow melted.

RubyBlu
10-19-2010, 07:07 PM
Every morning I wake up hoping that Josh has been arrested.

I really want to witness Karma in action. :furious:

There are too many cold cases out there; let's pray this is not one of them!

SugarJames
11-09-2010, 11:31 PM
Every morning I wake up hoping that Josh has been arrested.

I really want to witness Karma in action. :furious:

There are too many cold cases out there; let's pray this is not one of them!

Every morning Im wake up I hoping Susan is found alive...I really want to see Karma in action...:hopefull:

burbqueen
11-10-2010, 12:51 PM
i followed this case since day one and i knew it was gonna go cold. I'm afraid it maybe years before they find Susan.

jmarple
11-10-2010, 05:28 PM
I'm still holding out hope the hunters will find her. In October, my stepson went hunting in an area similar to the Utah area where Susan is missing. He lost his cell phone on the trip. Last Sunday a pheasant hunter called to say he had found the cell phone and would mail it to him. This phone was a long way from anywhere, if it could be found, so could a body (provided it's not down a mineshaft).

RubyBlu
11-10-2010, 06:44 PM
JP's latest attempts to assassinate Susan's character is totally incomprehensible! He must be directing this crap to all of the village idiots walking the planet. As if Susan's family and friends aren't going through enough pain..he's continues to turn the knife. I can't help but think this recent smear campaign is daddy's idea :loser:

Braden and Charlie must wonder why they can't visit their grandparents and Susan's friends. The steaming POS is twisting their lives around his little finger.
Still praying for a break through...

diphi
11-11-2010, 03:19 PM
JP's latest attempts to assassinate Susan's character is totally incomprehensible! He must be directing this crap to all of the village idiots walking the planet. As if Susan's family and friends aren't going through enough pain..he's continues to turn the knife. I can't help but think this recent smear campaign is daddy's idea :loser:

Braden and Charlie must wonder why they can't visit their grandparents and Susan's friends. The steaming POS is twisting their lives around his little finger.
Still praying for a break through...

I was thinking about the children and the impact this will have on them going forward, then I had another awful thought. If the LE is unable to solve this case, in time, when the children grow up and truly grasp what's really happened, they might solve it themselves one way or another. Poor children - they will be so messed up...Yes, I want Karma to come back around to JP but, of course, I'd really like it to be the LE that provides it.

Could someone tell me, on WS, when does a case get moved to the "Cold Case" section? I don't think this one is near ready to go there yet, but I was just curious, what are the criteria for moving a case to that area?

All MOO, of course.

HollyHawk
11-15-2010, 12:11 PM
I see no option to post, so this is going up as a reply.

I have been searching for Susan since the December she went missing. I have tried to get cooperation from police in their involvement with search groups and specifically to share information with a search coordinator, would sign a confidentiality agreement, that would tell us where to search based on their evidence, such as cell pings, dirt/rock samples from carpet, shoes and van, any debit or credit card transactions, business and residential security videos, highway cams, witness sightings, mileage traveled, etc., etc., etc. They refuse to release any information based on the fact that there is a secrecy order established by the DA's office preventing them from releasing any of this information. So, we have 5 possible states where Susan could be, while I'm sure police could narrow this down to one area in one state.

I have written the DA's office about this problem and received no reply.

I think that family should contact the DA's office to get them to address this problem for searchers. It is frustrating that we citizens and SAR people cannot get any movement out of Utah law enforcement or the DA's office unless Chuck, Susan's father calls them on it - then they respond immediately.

The resources are out there to find Susan, and WVCPD has been aware of these since Susan went missing, but they have never utilized any of these professional volunteers. It has long been time for the public and police to work together in search efforts and not allow ego or legal paranoia to stand in the way!

hollyblue
11-16-2010, 12:13 AM
I see no option to post, so this is going up as a reply.

I have been searching for Susan since the December she went missing. I have tried to get cooperation from police in their involvement with search groups and specifically to share information with a search coordinator, would sign a confidentiality agreement, that would tell us where to search based on their evidence, such as cell pings, dirt/rock samples from carpet, shoes and van, any debit or credit card transactions, business and residential security videos, highway cams, witness sightings, mileage traveled, etc., etc., etc. They refuse to release any information based on the fact that there is a secrecy order established by the DA's office preventing them from releasing any of this information. So, we have 5 possible states where Susan could be, while I'm sure police could narrow this down to one area in one state.

I have written the DA's office about this problem and received no reply.

I think that family should contact the DA's office to get them to address this problem for searchers. It is frustrating that we citizens and SAR people cannot get any movement out of Utah law enforcement or the DA's office unless Chuck, Susan's father calls them on it - then they respond immediately.

The resources are out there to find Susan, and WVCPD has been aware of these since Susan went missing, but they have never utilized any of these professional volunteers. It has long been time for the public and police to work together in search efforts and not allow ego or legal paranoia to stand in the way!

Let's look at a small timeline. May 11, the Powell's were apparently told by the FBI that they couldn't find anything in the investigative reports from WV LE. He immediately comes back to Utah...as does the Cox's. No one knows why.???? Did JP indeed want to talk to WV LE to find out what he could? I'm sure the search of the sheds would have taken place before this, and prolly could have been handled by his lawyer...since he says LE had his permission. Was this around the same time as the secrecy order?

We all need to go back to this time period and sleuth what's available. It was appox a month after the 4/10 search and that search was very near in not happening from many fronts..if you remember. Here is the thread of his return and how the MSM in SLC did not know or did not bother to report on. Just Isabelle....and I'm guessing she had an "in". Curious, are the WVCPD still calling him a person of interest at this time?

May 6, 2010: Josh Powell Allegedly In West Valley City, Utah - WHY? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

diphi
12-01-2010, 10:16 PM
Let's look at a small timeline. May 11, the Powell's were apparently told by the FBI that they couldn't find anything in the investigative reports from WV LE. He immediately comes back to Utah...as does the Cox's. No one knows why.???? Did JP indeed want to talk to WV LE to find out what he could? I'm sure the search of the sheds would have taken place before this, and prolly could have been handled by his lawyer...since he says LE had his permission. Was this around the same time as the secrecy order?

We all need to go back to this time period and sleuth what's available. It was appox a month after the 4/10 search and that search was very near in not happening from many fronts..if you remember. Here is the thread of his return and how the MSM in SLC did not know or did not bother to report on. Just Isabelle....and I'm guessing she had an "in". Curious, are the WVCPD still calling him a person of interest at this time?

May 6, 2010: Josh Powell Allegedly In West Valley City, Utah - WHY? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104334)

You may well be right about this, hollyblue, but honestly, after reading the posts about his return, I'm having a hard time deciding what there is to sleuth. If MSM didn't know about it (or anyone else) what could we go on?

Can you elaborate some more on what may have happened, in your opinion, of course? I just don't know where to go with this suggestion.

IMO

hollyblue
12-02-2010, 10:03 AM
You may well be right about this, hollyblue, but honestly, after reading the posts about his return, I'm having a hard time deciding what there is to sleuth. If MSM didn't know about it (or anyone else) what could we go on?

Can you elaborate some more on what may have happened, in your opinion, of course? I just don't know where to go with this suggestion.

IMO

Not sure "what" happened, but if it's true what SP says the FBI said, then it's very interesting. The fact that MSM did not report on it and Isabelle did...makes me think KH did NOT know anything either and wanted to....hence contacting Isabelle to see if she could find out? Isabelle usually takes her stories from the MSM lead...this time she didn't.

As for sleuthing.....go back to the posts that were made on WS, the F & F FB page and even JP/SP's .org site around this time period....even a few weeks prior. JMO, but it's important to note just who, what and when people post info......

In the link I provided about JP returning to WVC....and no one knowing, only 7 people posted 15 comments. Why so little interest??? All within a week, the secrecy order, both JP and Coxes travel to SLC, and SP says the FBI found nothing in the WVPD investigative reports.

IIRC, the red spot on the carpet was huge...2' in circumference...and LE took half of the whole carpet. If this was blood, LE would doing more...I'd hope....it would scream of definite foul play.

Jacie Estes
12-02-2010, 10:15 AM
Do You Think Susan Will Be Found?

YES

I think jp/chantrey are unraveling. :)

justice4kids
12-03-2010, 01:53 AM
I heard that a reporter asked Susan's son where his mom was and he replied in a cave looking for crystals. I think her husband threw her down a well or crevice. When he is older he may put two and two together.

passionflower
12-21-2010, 05:23 PM
Just heard flooding in parts of Utah on my local national weather report.
Will this help if Susan is in a well? shallow grave?
Does Utah flood ofyen?
any locals??

SuziQ
12-21-2010, 07:35 PM
Just heard flooding in parts of Utah on my local national weather report.
Will this help if Susan is in a well? shallow grave?
Does Utah flood ofyen?
any locals??

Very interesting thought. IMO, Southern Utah is getting hit hard right now and prone to frequent flash floods to the point hikers are urged to stay out of slot canyons. Or at least stay out of them if Thunderstorms are predicted. It seems roads and bridges are always getting washed out. The rest of the state not as often. I don't think it's flooding in the area Josh claimed to have been. He had the time to travel to Southern Utah though.

mrsu
12-25-2010, 11:58 AM
I wonder if this could be Susan?? This would be straight west off I-80.

<snipped>

ELBURZ — A Nevada Highway Patrol trooper made the startling discovery of a human body in an advanced state of decomposition Thursday near the Interstate 80 Elburz exit.

<snip>

He said the gender, age and manner of death are not yet known, but the Washoe County Crime Lab was en route as of 5 p.m. Thursday to examine the scene and remove the body.

full article at link:

http://elkodaily.com/news/local/arti...cc4c03286.html

another article:

http://www.rgj.com/article/20101224/...4017/1321/news

Opie
12-25-2010, 03:23 PM
Neither of those pages "could be found." Wonder why?

mrsu
12-25-2010, 05:38 PM
Oops...here's the working links:

http://elkodaily.com/news/local/article_7b605f30-0f17-11e0-bac7-001cc4c03286.html

Opie
12-25-2010, 07:24 PM
Thank you.

hollyblue
12-26-2010, 12:41 AM

http://elkodaily.com/news/local/article_7b605f30-0f17-11e0-bac7-001cc4c03286.html

From this quote, I don't think it's her unless someone had her body prior
and just now dumped her... or murdered her recently.

this was a recently dumped body that had since deteriorated at the scene.

Curious Me
04-22-2011, 04:46 AM
:bump: Bumping with a prayer for Susan. The wait has been so long. Please let Susan be found.

RubyBlu
04-22-2011, 03:32 PM
:bump: Bumping with a prayer for Susan. The wait has been so long. Please let Susan be found.

Yes, our wait may stretch out for years..BUT something will come to light and JP will finally be held accountable :maddening:

Thinking and praying for you Susan.

MsFacetious
04-22-2011, 05:12 PM
Maybe someone can ask the family/spokesperson... I haven't seen anywhere that these found April 7th have been eliminated as being Susan. They have eliminated two other females, which gives the impression the body is female.

http://www.kptv.com/news/27478567/detail.html

http://www.kelaam.com/pages/localnews?Two-missing-persons-ruled-out-in-remains=1&blockID=508452&feedID=410

This article says "dental work" but both females eliminated also appear to have teeth in good shape. So I think it meant more the work of dental records being used... rather than dental work the victim had done.

They also said they don't feel that the skeleton had been there very long... however both of the females they eliminated have been missing longer than Susan...

http://www.lewiscountysirens.com/?p=5958

This is not to be confused with the man's body near the same area, found March 26th. He was identified and had been missing since 1985. There were two bodies found in two weeks in this area.

http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/human-remains-found-near-morton-identified-as-man-missing-since-1985

diphi
05-01-2011, 07:57 PM
Bumping - You're not forgotten, Susan.

laytonian
05-07-2011, 01:55 PM

I have no backup news link, but the remains found at the Elburz exit on Nevada I-80 have been identified as "male, possibly black or hispanic".

gwenabob
05-09-2011, 03:03 AM
I have no backup news link, but the remains found at the Elburz exit on Nevada I-80 have been identified as "male, possibly black or hispanic".

But there are still unidentified remains that were found in Cisco, near the Colorado border, correct?

grayjay
05-09-2011, 08:23 PM
The Cisco find really bothers me. I hope that WVCPD has solid reasons not to have looked in that direction, and this doesn't end up being a tribute to the some of the worst detective work in history. I'll be so upset if it does.

Cisco Story HERE

laytonian
05-12-2011, 12:27 AM
But there are still unidentified remains that were found in Cisco, near the Colorado border, correct?

Yes, along I-70 at one of the two Cisco exits. Bones, still unidentified, but with bits of clothing. I'd think the clothing might tell whether it's male or female.

If I were LE and had female remains out there, I'd keep everything close to the vest. It can take awhile to extra DNA from older bones. We're still having that problem with the Southern Highlands remains in Las Vegas....we wait and wait.

laytonian
05-12-2011, 12:31 AM
The Cisco find really bothers me. I hope that WVCPD has solid reasons not to have looked in that direction, and this doesn't end up being a tribute to the some of the worst detective work in history. I'll be so upset if it does.

Cisco Story HERE (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6453292#post6453292)

It's already a tribute to the worst bone-finders in history.

They found a human bone, and took it home.

I think they took the bone as a souvenir, and their guilt got to them later.

If they didn't have cell service right there, to call 911 and make the report -- they could have flagged a motorist to call 911 for a crime scene report OR just marked the location and called as soon as they did have service.

ProdigalSonReturns
06-01-2011, 05:59 AM
In a year, sometime in the middle of the chaos.

grayjay
06-01-2011, 07:55 PM
In a year, sometime in the middle of the chaos.

What chaos? Something about this phrasing reminds me of a line in a song. :crazy1: But seriously, what chaos, and what happens in a year?

Shellr
06-02-2011, 02:57 PM
I joined your forum today, so far I love it. I follow a lot of different cases, I DVR Nancy Grace every night and seem to get all wrapped up in these cases. My friends/family aren't really interested so it's great for me to have a place to go to discuss some of the stuff going on. A few weeks ago Nancy Grace had a story about remains being found in the Susan Powell area, I think she hasn't re-visited it b/c of the Casey Anthony case. Does anybody know the outcome of those remains? It must not have been Susan Powell so who was it? Was there anybody else missing in that area?

cluciano63
06-02-2011, 03:03 PM
I joined your forum today, so far I love it. I follow a lot of different cases, I DVR Nancy Grace every night and seem to get all wrapped up in these cases. My friends/family aren't really interested so it's great for me to have a place to go to discuss some of the stuff going on. A few weeks ago Nancy Grace had a story about remains being found in the Susan Powell area, I think she hasn't re-visited it b/c of the Casey Anthony case. Does anybody know the outcome of those remains? It must not have been Susan Powell so who was it? Was there anybody else missing in that area?

Hi and welcome to WS.
We have not, as far as I know, heard anything about the remains other than that they are male, and there seems to be several males missing in the general area...
The cases here are discussed in-depth and there are a lot of really smart and experienced posters here...

As far as Susan ever being found, I fear she won't be, if in fact she was put into one of the apparently thousands of mines, as has been suggested.

Shellr
06-02-2011, 03:04 PM
I voted NO, I do not think they will find her remains, however I hope they do for her family's sake. When I say family I mean her parents, her sons and her siblings if she had any. I am NOT referring to her husband.

Silkprint
06-28-2011, 02:03 PM
if in fact she was put into one of the apparently thousands of mines, as has been suggested.

That is what I am scared of too .
I do not understand how he husband could just walk away . With the kids in tow without really ever explaining anything .
His story REEKS

cocomod
07-15-2011, 02:00 PM
Given SP's constant ability to be so cocky - such as his latest claim of posting Susan's private journals - I have finally come to the conclusion that this was likely planned for quite some time. Unfortunately, I think that she was hidden well, and will likely never be found.

If she is found, we have the nightmare of trying to convict JP after so long. After watching the outcome of the Anthony trial, it is obvious that a body that has decayed too long can leave the LE with no cause of death; and with evidence obviously disappearing over time. :(

Where is Susan?!

RubyBlu
07-15-2011, 02:28 PM
Given SP's constant ability to be so cocky - such as his latest claim of posting Susan's private journals - I have finally come to the conclusion that this was likely planned for quite some time. Unfortunately, I think that she was hidden well, and will likely never be found.

If she is found, we have the nightmare of trying to convict JP after so long. After watching the outcome of the Anthony trial, it is obvious that a body that has decayed too long can leave the LE with no cause of death; and with evidence obviously disappearing over time. :(

Where is Susan?!

I have always hoped that Susan's remains would be found but now, I'm not so sure.

I think that most of us who have followed this case would agree that it wasn't the "butler", it was a pathetic cowardly little man named Joshua Powell.

diphi
07-16-2011, 03:23 PM
Will she be found? Maybe, maybe not. But if she is, and considering the results of the Casey Anthony trial, will it matter in the end? Don't get me wrong; I think he is guilty, guilty.

It's unlikely the remains would provide any substantial evidence after this time. At least it would prove she didn't walk away, but still no forensic evidence. I would be surprised to see anything that pointed directly to him, which apparently, juries seem to need these days.

My opinion and sarcasm only.

diphi
07-20-2011, 07:36 PM
Sorry, folks. Didn't mean to stop the conversation. Just frustrated all around.

RubyBlu
07-20-2011, 08:12 PM
Sorry, folks. Didn't mean to stop the conversation. Just frustrated all around.

diphi, you're not the only one who's frustrated. The fact that the snivelers Sr & Jr are planning to publish Susan's journals makes me :sick:

I guess they're looking for another 5 min of media attention :banghead:

Melanie
08-04-2011, 01:34 AM
I voted NO, I do not think they will find her remains, however I hope they do for her family's sake. When I say family I mean her parents, her sons and her siblings if she had any. I am NOT referring to her husband.

I want Susan found so bad -- along with Kyron, Haleigh, and Hayley (along with so many others).

I think at least 1 of the 4 will be found at some point. I can only continue to pray.

MOO

Mel

grayjay
08-13-2011, 08:31 PM
There is no statute of limitations for murder in any US state. There's a reason that there is no statute of limitations for murder in any US state. Murder is a heinous crime. It's we the people vs. the criminal, and waiting. As long as it takes.

RubyBlu
08-14-2011, 06:46 PM
There is no statute of limitations for murder in any US state. There's a reason that there is no statute of limitations for murder in any US state. Murder is a heinous crime. It's we the people vs. the criminal, and waiting. As long as it takes.

As long as it takes, yes :censored:

krimekat
09-03-2011, 09:15 AM
I voted No but do hope she is found safe & alive.

I have waivered between her being murdered by Josh & now his father (since all the craziness has come out in the MSM) and being kept somewhere ALIVE by Josh's father. I just pray she is found & her family can be at peace.

~greeneyedgirl~
09-03-2011, 09:54 AM
Sadly no I do not think she will be found... :(

runsdeep
09-03-2011, 10:54 AM
maybe and maybe not, and if so could be a long time from now. best not hold our breaths.

DLT88
09-03-2011, 09:46 PM
I feel she will be found in time --- no matter how long it takes. In the meantime, I hope that they come up with enough evidence to arrest Josh and are able to charge him with murder even though no body is yet found.

mysteriew
09-04-2011, 03:51 PM
I'm iffy about it. The desert doesn't give things up easily.

Still, there are hikers and cavers and all sorts of people wandering around out there. Who knows if someone will stumble across something.

I didn't vote because there wasn't a don't know option there.

Dr. Know?
09-05-2011, 03:31 AM
If Susan hasn't already been found (Ely search of mines possibly after she was found, searched for evidence) then Susan will be found eventually. jmo

The earth isn't that big nor our time when you think about it.

DLT88
09-05-2011, 01:47 PM
I'm iffy about it. The desert doesn't give things up easily.

Still, there are hikers and cavers and all sorts of people wandering around out there. Who knows if someone will stumble across something.

I didn't vote because there wasn't a don't know option there.

So true. Many dumped bodies have been found by hikers -- used to happen all the time in NY state in the mountains near where I lived. It was the dumping ground for bodies killed in NJ and NYC, and hikers were the ones who found them all. Hikers also found Chandra Levy's skull and most of the body of Lacy Peterson and all of her infant. Someone will come upon something hidden at some point. The earth reveals all its hidden secrets in due time.

cluciano63
09-05-2011, 01:51 PM
If indeed an abandoned mine was used to hide Susan's body, then no, I don't believe she will be found...there are simply too many out in the desert areas and in too many varied locations. Many thousands of missing people are never found, unfortunately. Even now, with so many advanced resources (GPS, cell pings, etc.) LE seems so often to face stumbling blocks as criminals keep up with technology, learning to disable devices, etc...just as they have learned to wear gloves, wipe down prints, etc...

It becomes so disheartening when remains are found near an area where you know there is a missing person, and it turns out to be someone that wasn't even listed officially as missing...I hate to think how many bodies are out there, in our waterways and on or under land...

RubyBlu
09-05-2011, 03:02 PM
I can't help but think that JP burned Susan's body. IIRC the neighbour, Peterson made a comment about Josh's "severely wind burned" hands which he constantly applied with hand lotion. Maybe he used an accelerant.

I think the sniveler did a tidy job of disposing of her body :(

forgetmenot
09-06-2011, 09:36 PM
While we wait for Susan's remains to be found, probably years from now, Josh and his dad continue to implicate themselves with every shallow attempt they make to defame Susan. I think evidence will eventually point to both of them and that both will be charged.

Karen Anne RN
09-06-2011, 10:58 PM
Just read this on twitter and I'm not sure it's a search for Susan or not but didn't find local news of anyone else missing from Ogden. i can and have been wrong but here's the tweet. Take it for what it's worth. I hope it's a search for Susan but could be another missing woman. xoxo

kslcom KSL.com
BREAKING: Weber County search & rescue looking for missing Ogden woman at Pineview Reservoir. KSL crews on the way. More to come at ksl.com

http://twitter.com/#!/kslcom

There might be one. http://bit.ly/qBLmj2
Can I post that link ? It goes to the Chicago Tribune.

Dr. Know?
09-06-2011, 11:03 PM
MSM is fine to post.

Dr. Know?
09-06-2011, 11:08 PM
No I think it's another woman other than Susan.

"Local Stories
Eyewitness News Investigation
Tough Times Survival Bank Staying Safe
Statecraft: Government & Politics
Sunday Edition
BREAKING NEWS: DEPUTIES SEARCHING FOR MISSING WOMAN AT PINEVIEW RESERVOIR Search and rescue teams from the Weber County Sheriff's Office are searching an area near Pineview Reservoir for a woman reported missing out of Ogden. Dispatchers say the woman's car was located near the reservoir. KSL has a crew on the way. Stay with ksl.com, KSL TV and KSL Newsradio 102.7FM/1160AM for the latest updates.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=30

Sorry for the disruption but my heart goes out to this woman and family too. xoxo

Dr. Know?
09-06-2011, 11:32 PM
http://www.fox13now.com/news/local/kstu-police-looking-for-missing-woman-near-pineview-reservoir-car-found-in-water-20110906,0,7169065.story

WEBER COUNTY, Utah—
Weber County Sheriffs are searching for an Ogden woman who was reported missing near the Pineview Reservoir Tuesday night.

Trident
09-17-2011, 04:27 PM
If indeed an abandoned mine was used to hide Susan's body, then no, I don't believe she will be found...there are simply too many out in the desert areas and in too many varied locations. Many thousands of missing people are never found, unfortunately. Even now, with so many advanced resources (GPS, cell pings, etc.) LE seems so often to face stumbling blocks as criminals keep up with technology, learning to disable devices, etc...just as they have learned to wear gloves, wipe down prints, etc...

It becomes so disheartening when remains are found near an area where you know there is a missing person, and it turns out to be someone that wasn't even listed officially as missing...I hate to think how many bodies are out there, in our waterways and on or under land...

Many long years ago, when I was a teen, I used to write poetry. One poem I wrote started out:

Did you ever wonder
who is buried in your yard
beneath the ancient oak tree
where the ground is packed so hard

Okay, I was a lousy poet, but even way back then I knew things just weren't right.

Will Susan be found? I'm not sure, but I have a lot more hope now than I did a few months ago.

SyraKelly
09-24-2011, 08:55 AM
Yes she will be found,,now that SP has been arrested-who is going to crack first-SP OR JP?

lorann
09-24-2011, 11:36 AM
Yes she will be found,,now that SP has been arrested-who is going to crack first-SP OR JP?

JP seems like the weakest link. If he acted alone, he may cave to save dear old dad...

pip
09-26-2011, 11:39 PM
I just wonder if the young daughter living with SP will have a come to jesus moment and turn. I have to think she has been living under a spell of the twisted male dominance in the family and this arrest may be what shakes her awake into reality. Perhaps she doesn't know exactly what happened, but by living with Josh, SP and the kids.. she must have picked up much information that she has chosen to be in denial about. She may be a wealth of information if she ever surfaces from the illusion she has been living under.
I am not sure they will ever find Susan. If the evidence at the lab proves negative, I have to wonder if they ever will know where he put her. Josh will never tell. I believe he would take the suicide route first. He is completely a spineless woman hater. To the end.

LCoastMom
10-23-2011, 06:44 PM
I think JP did an incredible job hiding Susan's remains. Every time a body is found in the general area I hold onto hope that it will be Susan, sadly not yet...not giving up hope but greatly frustrated.

RubyBlu
10-23-2011, 07:30 PM
I think JP did an incredible job hiding Susan's remains. Every time a body is found in the general area I hold onto hope that it will be Susan, sadly not yet...not giving up hope but greatly frustrated.

You're certainly not alone --thousand's of us are frustrated and mark each day until something vital and news-breaking happens.

JeannieC
10-25-2011, 04:44 AM
Badly decomposed' body found in south Everett

http://www.kirotv.com/news/29575169/detail.html

JeannieC
10-25-2011, 04:45 AM
I wonder how far this is from the Powell's house?

diphi
02-02-2012, 09:50 PM
Josh:

Where is she?

cocomod
02-03-2012, 04:34 PM
I will commend WVPD now for their diligence in trying to solve this case, but we must admit that the beginning of the case had numerous errors of judgment that left us where we are today. I sincerely wish that they had tracked Josh during those first few critical days. I sincerely wish that they had requested copies of the video surveillance in the area sooner. I sincerely wish that Susan had a proper burial today.

As diphi so eloquently stated: Josh: Where is she?

RubyBlu
02-03-2012, 08:45 PM
Josh:

Where is she?

He will never talk. Ever.

LinasK
02-05-2012, 11:19 PM
Chances just greatly diminished...

SailorMoon
02-06-2012, 12:57 AM
I hope now that Susan is with her boys, that she manages to light the way so that she can be laid to rest with them. I hope for her parent's sakes that she can be found.

angelmom
02-06-2012, 07:44 AM
I'm also hoping now that Josh doesn't need his civil rights to defend himself in a court case, the law will allow LE to look everywhere they couldn't before.

I haven't followed this case as closely as some others, so I don't know exactly what they've gotten and what they have been denied, but it has to be easier now, right?

Do any of those rights follow him after death? Would his lawyer even bother trying to protect him now? I don't really know how this works.

Hoping against hope that this might actually help them find Susan so she can be laid to rest. I don't believe for a moment that Josh told anyone. He wouldn't want her to have the honor of being laid to rest with her sons, and in his deluded mind he probably thought he would be.

RoseTree
02-06-2012, 09:48 AM
I have to hope that she will be found, because her parents desperately need the peace of laying their child to rest after this awful, awful chain of events.

LillieBelle
02-06-2012, 01:52 PM
I voted no because of the length of time she has been missing. However when I saw that a large majority voted "yes", I hope I am wrong...and she is able to be returned to her family.

waltzingmatilda
02-06-2012, 02:22 PM
IIRC, I voted Yes months ago. However, now that I know JP's preferred method of murdering people by fire I don't think she will be found. (sorry to be so graphic)

I hope I am wrong:(

wm

21merc7
02-06-2012, 02:43 PM
I'm hoping she will be found. I hope the boys remembered enough and were able to say it. I hope JP told someone some kind of clue other than his father knowing, which I believe the father does. I hope something is found somewhere to help her be found.

Dewey2Me1MoThyme
02-06-2012, 03:36 PM
I think the recent tragedy is really going to heat things up, there will be more searches than ever, more controlled searches as well as more independant searches.
Has TES ever been called in on this case? I know they don't have a whole lot to go on. what about that other search team that is comprisedd of mostly retired detectives, S&R people, plant experts etc. I can't remember the name of the group right now.

lonetraveler
02-06-2012, 03:49 PM
Unfortunately I think the only chance LE has of finding Susan is if Steve Powell tells them where she is and I don't think that will ever happen.l

MaryAnn
02-06-2012, 04:56 PM
I voted No with deep sorrow. I don't think that Steve will give up this info. Just like JVS he'd rather take it to his grave just to be spiteful!!

Leilei
02-06-2012, 05:03 PM
Unfortunately I think the only chance LE has of finding Susan is if Steve Powell tells them where she is and I don't think that will ever happen.l

If he has even a sliver of a heart, he will come clean with everything that he knows about Susan and what happened to her. Unfortunately, when it comes to both Powell Senior and Junior, there really is no evidence of either having a micro-sliver of a heart. I really believe that Josh told him what happened. I believe that they fed upon each others twisted, sick actions.

I am still so angry and sick today. I don't post much, but I have followed this case and so many others for so long. I thought that the Anthony verdict floored me... this one? It has broken my heart.

Hugs to all of you. This is so hard.

LCoastMom
02-06-2012, 06:39 PM
:( Sadly I voted no. I think SP is very much like KC Anthony, he enjoys playing games too much to ever give up this information. D@mn that JP for not giving up this information before taking the fast train to hello. I hope he rots.

RubyBlu
02-06-2012, 06:45 PM
:( Sadly I voted no. I think SP is very much like KC Anthony, he enjoys playing games too much to ever give up this information. D@mn that JP for not giving up this information before taking the fast train to hello. I hope he rots.

I believe JP disposed of Susan's body by using an accelerant either the night of her "disappearance" or when he drove back to the crime scene using the rental car.

I vote no. :(

Tricia
02-06-2012, 09:17 PM
At 10 PM Eastern tonight (Monday Feb. 6th) a special edition of Websleuths Radio. Susan Powell's best friend Kiirsi Hellewell will join us.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2012/02/07/josh-powell-murders-himself-and-his-two-children

Chat room is now open.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/flashchat/chat.aspx?HostUserURL=websleuths

Kimster
02-07-2012, 02:17 AM
Yes, I believe she will be found. I believe this because no one who cares about what happened to Susan and her precious boys will rest until she has been found and laid to rest next to her boys.

Never give up. The Cox family deserves to have this closure.

CHERIE.T
02-07-2012, 11:46 AM
I voted yes, she will be found. Susan and her sons are reunited in heaven. I'd like to think they will be buried side by side.

imho

dog.gone.cute
02-07-2012, 11:54 AM
Honestly ... I am undecided if Susan will be found -- but I SURE HOPE SO !

Mr. and Mrs. Cox need closure !

:praying: Susan is found !

:praying: for Mr. and Mrs. Cox

:praying: for Susan, Charlie and Braden's friends

ufos8mycow
01-29-2013, 12:24 PM
I don't think her body is at the supposed campsite.

www.susanpowell.org/ (http://www.susanpowell.org/Susan-Powell-missing-person/Steven-Koecher-Susan-Powell-connection/Parallel-timelines-Utah-Steven-Koecher-Susan-Powell)

If you look at the bottom of the right side it says..

It is possible that Susan Powell waits with a friend, in a motel, or in a vacant home until Steven Koecher arrives. Susan Powell is a former real estate agent. Since 2004, both Susan and Josh Powell have had the key to all of the vacant HUD homes in Utah.

That website is said to be operated by Josh and/or Steven. To me it is an attempt to throw off suspicion if her body is ever found.

I think her body is located in one of those houses. He may have gone to the campsite but I don't think her body is there now.

My best guess is that she was killed in her home and her body taken temporarily to the campsite. I then think it was moved afterwards by Josh and Steven into an abandoned HUD house.

That's the only reason I can think that they would post this information at all.

time
01-29-2013, 09:11 PM
I don't think her body is at the supposed campsite.

www.susanpowell.org/ (http://www.susanpowell.org/Susan-Powell-missing-person/Steven-Koecher-Susan-Powell-connection/Parallel-timelines-Utah-Steven-Koecher-Susan-Powell)

If you look at the bottom of the right side it says..

That website is said to be operated by Josh and/or Steven. To me it is an attempt to throw off suspicion if her body is ever found.

I think her body is located in one of those houses. He may have gone to the campsite but I don't think her body is there now.

My best guess is that she was killed in her home and her body taken temporarily to the campsite. I then think it was moved afterwards by Josh and Steven into an abandoned HUD house.

That's the only reason I can think that they would post this information at all.

Wow, good find and I think that theory really deserves some investigation. I wonder how many of those houses remain abandoned. And, how many maybe have a basement, out building, or such. After a while there would be no smell also, even an attic would be a potential spot. Is there any possibility some of them have been torn down?

diphi
03-06-2013, 09:53 PM
They had the key to all the vacant HUD houses in Utah? Really? Can anyone elaborate on that a bit? I'm having trouble understanding how they, of all possible people, could have such access.

imo

Dr. Know?
03-06-2013, 11:59 PM
Did the place Steve worked before/during Susan's death sell also to the HUD homes? I betcha a buck they did. Same with school furniture. Vircx. Don't want to put their name out their again. They aren't a Powell. Steve was a salesman for, I say prison made furniture that the schools & government approved but don't want to go into to that. Institutional type sales so yeah, I can see how he could have access if it was Steve. Sales Rep have opportunity to a lot of things sometimes.

gwenabob
03-09-2013, 08:01 PM
They had the key to all the vacant HUD houses in Utah? Really? Can anyone elaborate on that a bit? I'm having trouble understanding how they, of all possible people, could have such access.

imo

Since Josh was a real estate agent, he could possibly have the code to get into the lockboxes for all the HUD houses that were for sale. I think that is what the OP was thinking.

HOWEVER, I doubt that is where Susan is. It would be much more effective, IMO, to just bury the body in the desert rather than risk someone finding her in a HUD house. Those houses are generally sold eventually. People go in and out of them during the course of trying to sell them.

diphi
03-21-2013, 09:38 PM
Plus, those HUD homes are federal property, right? I can't imagine the keys/code being given out willy-nilly to any real estate agent.

I'd think the government would contract with one or two (maybe more) well-known (but cheap to the government) realty firms to sell them. If Josh was an agent of one of those firms, then maybe, just maybe he had a key. Still, I'm doubting that...

Or, maybe they would be sold like surplus by the government? Don't know - just speculating, of course.

No, I don't think Susan would be in one of those homes, either.

marycarney
05-15-2013, 10:02 PM
NEW SEARCH FOR SUSAN!!!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/15/police-search-rural-oregon-farm-for-missing-mom-susan-cox-powell/

Dr. Know?
05-15-2013, 10:17 PM
That must have been a pretty good tip to search in Oregon & a specific area. I hope they find her.

kalekona
05-15-2013, 10:34 PM
http://www.king5.com/news/Police-searching-Oregon-farm-for-Susan-Cox-Powell-207641161.html

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/investigators-search-rural-area-salem-ore-susan-po/nXsNj/

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/-Search-for-Susan-Powell-leads-police-to-Oregon-property-207646221.html

Jacie Estes
05-15-2013, 10:55 PM
http://www.king5.com/news/Police-searching-Oregon-farm-for-Susan-Cox-Powell-207641161.html

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/investigators-search-rural-area-salem-ore-susan-po/nXsNj/

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/-Search-for-Susan-Powell-leads-police-to-Oregon-property-207646221.html

The KIRO link says Josh's rental car took a round trip from SLC to Scotts Mill Oregon.This is the first I've heard tbis but apparently there was GPS in the rental car.

MsFacetious
05-16-2013, 12:15 AM
The KIRO link says Josh's rental car took a round trip from SLC to Scotts Mill Oregon.This is the first I've heard tbis but apparently there was GPS in the rental car.

Also, Josh Powell’s rental car coincided with a round trip from Salt Lake City to Scotts Mills.

I think this just means that the MILEAGE matches up with Scotts Mills.
I don't think it means there was GPS. :banghead:

Bullwinkle
05-16-2013, 12:47 AM
NEW SEARCH FOR SUSAN!!!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/15/police-search-rural-oregon-farm-for-missing-mom-susan-cox-powell/

Here's an updated version of the report that goes into more detail:

Police search for possible remains of Susan Cox Powell in Oregon

Susan Cox Powell’s father, Chuck Cox, was also on the Oregon property to observe the dig effort. Cox said that he had received a tip about the area earlier this year that he had passed on to West Valley City, Utah, police. Josh and Susan Powell were living in West Valley City, Utah, at the time she disappeared.

“This could be a place where they could have dumped Susan’s body,” said Cox.

Deputy West Valley City Police Chief Mike Powell said they were “looking for anything that might lead us to Susan.”

“We have done everything we possibly can to follow up on those and conduct any additional investigation that may lead us to knowing and discovering where Susan is,” he said.

The site, nearly 800 miles away from Salt Lake City, does not seem to match up with a mysterious trip Josh Powell took in a rental car shortly after his wife vanished in 2009. At that time, police noted, Powell apparently took an 800-mile round trip.

Cox said detectives told him they were exhausting leads in the case.

“They were straightforward with me that if this doesn’t come through, they do not have any really good leads right now beyond this,” Cox said. “This is probably it as far as leads go.”

q13fox.com/2013/05/15/police-search-for-possible-remains-of-susan-cox-powell-in-oregon/ (http://q13fox.com/2013/05/15/police-search-for-possible-remains-of-susan-cox-powell-in-oregon/)

time
05-16-2013, 01:31 AM
Anne Bremner, an attorney for the Cox family, said the brother of Josh Powell had said in a deposition that he had driven to Oregon and abandoned a vehicle there. The brother, Michael Powell, committed suicide earlier this year.

Bremner said she's still interested in seeing more work at the property, including the possibility of having volunteers go to the site to help search.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/05/16/utah-missing-mom-remains/2164999/

time
05-16-2013, 01:40 AM
Also, Josh Powell’s rental car coincided with a round trip from Salt Lake City to Scotts Mills.

I think this just means that the MILEAGE matches up with Scotts Mills.
I don't think it means there was GPS. :banghead:

I didn't know this (BBM below), but others have followed much more closely than I have so may just be new to me.

A couple days after Susan was reported missing, police said that Josh Powell rented a car (police had seized the family’s minivan) and put more than 800 miles on the vehicle in two days. Where exactly he went has been unknown, but police claimed in search warrants that Josh activated a cell phone near Tremonton, Utah, at the time.http://fox13now.com/2013/05/15/police-searching-oregon-farm-for-susan-cox-powell/

scandi
05-16-2013, 02:07 AM
LE has just received a tip that Susan Powell's remains are buried in the Scott's Mill area of Salem Oregon. I think LE is searching now or doing a location work-up from the tip. This is from the live 11 O'Clock News on Channel 6 - KOIN TV. I'll see if they have a link on their site.

We'll have to make a new thread tomorrow if this turns out to be a valid tip ;}

LOL You guys are waaaay ahead of me but that's OK. I hope the tip is viable and they find her now.

waltzingmatilda
05-16-2013, 09:16 AM
I didn't know that Michael Powell committed suicide. Is he the brother who walked around naked?

Please keep us east coasters updated. Praying that this is the tip that finds Susan! Her family needs to lay her to rest with her precious boys and have closure. :(

Cherry
05-16-2013, 09:39 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/05/16/utah-missing-mom-remains/2164999/

bluenoser
05-16-2013, 09:51 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/15/susan-cox-powell-search-oregon_n_3283262.html?ref=topbar

time
05-16-2013, 10:53 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/15/susan-cox-powell-search-oregon_n_3283262.html?ref=topbar

From your link:

Bremner said help is needed to search the large farm in Oregon for clues.
"We need volunteers and cadaver dogs to go to the site," Bremner said.

To volunteer for the search, contact Bremner via her website, www.annebremner.com (http://www.annebremner.com).

freefallzzzz
05-16-2013, 11:51 AM
All the local media are on scene and tweeting

latest one I've seen

@NicoleDollkptv 11m
#BREAKING Utah police just arrived at Scotts Mills property to resume search for missing Utah mom Susan Powell @fox12oregon

(mods I've been away for awhile hope it's okay to post that in here?"

I can gather up a list of local media reporters who are tweeting if anybody wants?

freefallzzzz
05-16-2013, 12:03 PM
looks like story is being updated (video also)
http://www.kptv.com/story/22265153/investigators-searching-marion-county-property-for-susan-powells-remains

cluciano63
05-16-2013, 12:05 PM
How does the mileage match up, if the location is 800 miles from Utah, and his car registered 800 miles? Shouldn't it have been 1600 miles, since he returned to Utah? Am confused.

freefallzzzz
05-16-2013, 12:12 PM
And now there is this..

@KATUNews
BREAKING: Search for Susan Powell has concluded with nothing found, @ValerieHurst reports.

time
05-16-2013, 12:28 PM
How does the mileage match up, if the location is 800 miles from Utah, and his car registered 800 miles? Shouldn't it have been 1600 miles, since he returned to Utah? Am confused.

Good point:

The site, nearly 800 miles away from Salt Lake City, does not seem to match up with a mysterious trip Josh Powell took in a rental car shortly after his wife vanished in 2009. At that time, police noted, Powell apparently took an 800-mile round trip.

http://q13fox.com/2013/05/15/police-search-for-possible-remains-of-susan-cox-powell-in-oregon/

I always thought either Michael and/or Steven Powell met him halfway to somewhere and they took the body to dispose of it.

time
05-16-2013, 12:29 PM
And now there is this..

@KATUNews
BREAKING: Search for Susan Powell has concluded with nothing found, @ValerieHurst reports.

I think they may have concluded it yesterday and it may be why Ann Bremner is calling for volunteers - the link upstream says she still believes it is worth searching further. IDK, I could be wrong.

MrsProsecutor
05-16-2013, 01:22 PM
They need to search under any raspberry bushes planted on that property. That whole family with the huge exception of Jennifer Graves is so seriously messed up.

freefallzzzz
05-16-2013, 01:31 PM
I think they may have concluded it yesterday and it may be why Ann Bremner is calling for volunteers - the link upstream says she still believes it is worth searching further. IDK, I could be wrong.

I've just been following this on twitter as all our local media has been tweeting and this morning they were all excited that Utah investigators were on their way up to the property this morning and some articles said a search would be today.
Regardless what a sad situation, I do hope she is found =(

time
05-16-2013, 03:53 PM
I've just been following this on twitter as all our local media has been tweeting and this morning they were all excited that Utah investigators were on their way up to the property this morning and some articles said a search would be today.
Regardless what a sad situation, I do hope she is found =(

I'm not sure, but here's an article:

"Authorities called off the ground search for missing Utah mother Susan Cox Powell early Thursday morning

A tip from her father, Chuck Cox, led investigators to search for her remains on the rural property in Scotts Mills, said West Valley, Utah, Police Deputy Chief Mike Powell. The search was called off Thursday morning.

"As of today we have reviewed all of our searches for the last two days and we have made a determination that we have covered the areas that we felt were important and necessary," Mike Powell said. "We have no significant discoveries as a result of the ground search that has been taking place the last two days.”

http://www.kgw.com/news/207641891.html

time
05-16-2013, 03:57 PM
"Authorities investigating Susan Powell's vanishing will spend a third day at a remote property east of Salem, Ore., that has ties to the Powell family, the Associated Press reported.

Chuck Cox, Susan Powell's father, confirmed to local NBC affiliate KSL (http://www.ksl.com/?sid=25195775&nid=148&title=police-search-farm-for-susan-powells-remains&fm=home_page&s_cid=featured-1) that he told police the farm was a place Susan's husband Josh Powell spent a lot of time. Police searched the area, but found no evidence of remains, according to Cox."

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05/16/18296481-search-for-susan-powells-remains-under-way-in-oregon?lite

Maybe they changed their minds!!

tlcya
05-16-2013, 05:10 PM
sadly, no. I do not :(

MsFacetious
05-17-2013, 02:50 AM
Apparently the police agree with you Tlcya.

Susan Powell disappearance likely to become cold case, police say

"Really, we are near completion in following up and investigating all the tips and leads that we have. In that regards, we are to a point where we don't have a whole lot more to accomplish," he said.

At some point, police will have to make the decision to move forward, Powell said. He noted that if a new lead should come up, it will be meticulously investigated like all the others. Otherwise, the Susan Powell investigation will likely become a cold case.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=25203559&nid=148&title=susan-powell-disappearance-likely-to-become-cold-case-police-say

Dr. Know?
05-17-2013, 11:59 PM
Did Susan Powell’s brother-in-law hide her body?

snipped
In the interview, Bremner related that police learned that Michael Powell had his Ford Taurus towed 100 miles then sold for salvage because, police think, he had Susan Powell’s body in there. "Then he hired militaristic satellite photography people to go look at the wrecking yard to see if his car had been completely destroyed, but it wasn’t," she added.

According to People, Bremner also said that cadaver dogs came to the tow yard and only indicated on his car.

Utah police repeatedly questioned Michael Powell, she told People.

more at link

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/56328363-78/powell-police-susan-michael.html.csp

Dr. Know?
05-18-2013, 12:04 AM
Ben Winslow ‏@BenWinslow 56m Chuck Cox told me cops sent bones off for testing. #WVC PD insists NOTHING significant was found. @fox13now #findsusan

Gene Kennedy ‏@GeneKennedyNews 1h Chuck Cox says Michael Powell may have committed suicide just days after learning WVC PD were investigating him in Susan's disappearance.

https://twitter.com/GeneKennedyNews

and don't forget about the insurance policy...

Gene Kennedy ‏@GeneKennedyNews 1h PEOPLE: 2 years after Susan's death, Josh Powell adjusted a $1.5 million insurance policy on his sons to name Michael Powell as 93% benef.

There's some more news about WVC calling off the search for Susan but if good leads come in they would search. Chuck's going back to Oregon with searchers. It's making sense now.

cluciano63
05-18-2013, 02:10 AM
I don't see how she can ever be found, with these cowards dead themselves.

forgetmenot
05-18-2013, 08:30 AM
Steven Powell, Josh's dad, is still alive. He knows where Susan is.

RubyRed
05-18-2013, 08:40 AM
If it is true that Michael helped then he is the one that could of said something before he offed himself or at least in a note. I do not believe Daddy dearest ever will. jmo

Dr. Know?
05-18-2013, 11:34 AM
If Josh put about 800 miles on the rental car then he drove to about Boise, Caldwell or the Idaho/Oregon border to hand off Susan's body. I'm sure it was a secluded area. Steve was off work at that time also.

Dr. Know?
05-18-2013, 11:41 AM
And who do you know that does this? The last time I hired a militaristic satellite photography company was....

Then he hired militaristic satellite photography people to go look at the wrecking yard to see if his car had been completely destroyed, but it wasn’t,

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/56328363-78/powell-police-susan-michael.html.csp

time
05-18-2013, 12:15 PM
If Josh put about 800 miles on the rental car then he drove to about Boise, Caldwell or the Idaho/Oregon border to hand off Susan's body. I'm sure it was a secluded area. Steve was off work at that time also.

I feel quite sure that Josh drove her body to make a handoff to his dad and brother, or one of them but with both involved in hiding her.

time
05-18-2013, 12:19 PM
And who do you know that does this? The last time I hired a militaristic satellite photography company was....

Then he hired militaristic satellite photography people to go look at the wrecking yard to see if his car had been completely destroyed, but it wasn’t,

Holy cow, who does that unless they have something to hide - no one!

Bullwinkle
05-21-2013, 09:54 AM
Susan Powell: Police Close Case of Missing Mom | Video - ABC News

http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/susan-powell-police-close-case-missing-mom-19224447

Jacie Estes
05-23-2013, 12:24 PM
The positive aspect of WVCPD's actions is that there was a doc drop.

laytonian
05-25-2013, 04:57 PM
This is what I posted on websleuths.com, 03-26-2010, 12:39 PM

"I believe the first place Josh would head for, when in a state of panic, is home to dear old dad. I think he drove towards Puyallup!

Of course we don't know what law enforcement has learned through phone records or if they have even subpoenaed Steve or Michael Powell's phone records, but I would think Josh would have stopped at a pay phone and called his father or brother then told them to go to a pay phone to call him.

I just can't fathom Josh dealing with the entire Susan disposal without having consulted someone!

I think Josh could dispose by himself...but I agree on the direction: I-84. My daughter and I just drove that way, this week (well...as far as Caldwell, Idaho).

If I were Josh, I'd drive that way and take one of the exits north of Tremonton, Utah. There's many more paved roads that go off into nowhere.

---------------------------------------------------------

The ONLY thing I was wrong about, over three years ago, was the phone. We didn't know Josh had activated a new cellphone -- and guess where he did it: Tremonton.

Yes, we the public didn't know much BUT we used common sense.

pip
05-26-2013, 02:57 PM
I hope Susan's remains will be found one day. There is so much territory to cover it is like finding a needle in a barn full of hay. I understand the Cox's need to keep looking, I would too.
It is sad to read the comments in many of the recently posted articles online. Wow. There are so many misguided folks that have their minds tangled in peripheral unsubstantial trivia and not on the fundamental issues of the case.

In a nutshell to me, the bottom lines are:
The Powell family have some really deep seated dysfunctionality.

Susan should have left JP, but unfortunately her strong religious beliefs and her desire to make the marriage work kept her from taking the leap out.

The government nor any agencies thereof, nor the Cox's, nor the LDS Church caused or contributed to what JP ultimately did. Nor did they cause or contribute to MP's leap from a parking garage.

JP murdered Susan, his family is in the know as to details and SP belongs in prison a heckuva lot longer for his sick crimes. I don't care if he owns the house and has served his time, upon release he should NOT be allowed to move back into that neighborhood. It would be unfair to his victims who should not be forced to move from their homes to avoid him.
I see so many comments online about how it is unconstitutional to make him leave his own home upon release. Phooey.

SP is the crux of the dysfunction in that family and ultimately is equally responsible for the actions of his sons, which include murders and suicides. Doesn't take too much imagination to figure out why his remaining son has serious psych issues and why his daughter is such a brainwashed sad mess. I praise Jennifer Graves for her strength in separating herself and being a healthy survivor of that ill and doomed family. Perhaps if the mother (TP) had possessed some backbone and some serious therapy, the other zombified children may have made it out of that psychological nightmare before it came to this. JMO.
Sad all around.

EmmaliLucia
05-26-2013, 04:54 PM
I can't tell you if Susan Powell will ever be found. I hope she will be, but I have a feeling she won't.

Here's one thing that bothers me, she was last seen in Utah, and they're looking in Salem, OR?

There are at least a dozen counties that you can go through to get to Salem, and almost every one of them in less populated than Marion county.

In fact I was thinking about it, and I decided to fill out a handy-dandy little map of county lines and the rough population of each of them.

http://i40.tinypic.com/9a3ama.jpg
Here's the population key

Utah:
http://i44.tinypic.com/35cimj7.gif

Idaho:
http://i44.tinypic.com/iem0w2.gif

Oregon:
http://i42.tinypic.com/2vxefdh.png

Washington:
http://i41.tinypic.com/2qjc9qf.gif

And Nevada, because why not?
http://i42.tinypic.com/2nqh1mv.gif

carmenugt
05-26-2013, 05:29 PM
I don't know if these were posted. But here are the documents

http://fox13now.com/2012/08/07/list-of-documents-in-susan-powell-investigation/

carmenugt
05-26-2013, 05:32 PM
'anybody have a link to the documents? I cant find them .Thanks

laytonian
05-28-2013, 09:46 AM
I can't tell you if Susan Powell will ever be found. I hope she will be, but I have a feeling she won't.

Here's one thing that bothers me, she was last seen in Utah, and they're looking in Salem, OR?

There are at least a dozen counties that you can go through to get to Salem, and almost every one of them in less populated than Marion county.

In fact I was thinking about it, and I decided to fill out a handy-dandy little map of county lines and the rough population of each of them.

(snipped maps)

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what those maps are supposed to tell us.

Laughing
05-28-2013, 01:47 PM
The maps indicate just how much uninhibited, undeveloped, unsupervised empty space was available for the disposal of Susan's body.

Jacie Estes
05-28-2013, 03:05 PM
Given the weather that night, he did not go south down 15 and then across Soldiers Summit. IF he had gone east on 80 he would have been seen by all the traffic cams at Parley's Canyon. North, even on Redwood Rd there would be traffic cams. The same thing west on 80. I have always wondered why no video/stills of vehicle on these roads. We drove all of them looking for cams. If he went left out of his cul de sac that night he would go from Chowning Rd to 3500. Left would take him through Magna and right to Bangerter Hwy and Redwood. He had to be on camera. IMHO We have driven every possible route out of his cul de sac. If he went right out of there he still had to end up on main roads.

EmmaliLucia
05-28-2013, 03:11 PM
(snipped maps)

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what those maps are supposed to tell us.

Like Laughing said, they show all the places he could have hidden her. There are several counties within a few hours drive that are bigger than some East coast states and have less than 10,000 people in them (And 10,000 is a fairly small town, at least in my opinion)

The vehicle he was in showed that he travelled 600 miles, right? There are a lot of really desolate places within 300 miles of Salt Lake City.

gwenabob
05-29-2013, 12:24 AM

True. But the property they are looking at near Salem is a farm that was inhabited at the time by cousins of the Powells. That makes a big difference. Privacy.

gwenabob
05-29-2013, 12:28 AM
I hope Susan's remains will be found one day. There is so much territory to cover it is like finding a needle in a barn full of hay. I understand the Cox's need to keep looking, I would too.
It is sad to read the comments in many of the recently posted articles online. Wow. There are so many misguided folks that have their minds tangled in peripheral unsubstantial trivia and not on the fundamental issues of the case.

In a nutshell to me, the bottom lines are:
The Powell family have some really deep seated dysfunctionality.

Susan should have left JP, but unfortunately her strong religious beliefs and her desire to make the marriage work kept her from taking the leap out.

bbm, sbm

Good post. I just wanted to point out that Susan also had FEAR working against her. She was afraid of Josh. He had made statements that she would never get custody of the boys and he would fight so hard she wouldn't have a penny left if she tried to divorce him. She knew how drawn out, messy, and expensive Josh's parents' divorce was. Steven destroyed Josh's mother. Susan knew she would be in for the same treatment under Steven's expert tutelage.

I think she also feared for her safety and the boys' safety. And now we see she had good reason for that fear, didn't she. It was more than religion and perseverance that kept her in that marriage.

pip
05-29-2013, 01:01 AM
bbm, sbm

Good post. I just wanted to point out that Susan also had FEAR working against her. She was afraid of Josh. He had made statements that she would never get custody of the boys and he would fight so hard she wouldn't have a penny left if she tried to divorce him. She knew how drawn out, messy, and expensive Josh's parents' divorce was. Steven destroyed Josh's mother. Susan knew she would be in for the same treatment under Steven's expert tutelage.

I think she also feared for her safety and the boys' safety. And now we see she had good reason for that fear, didn't she. It was more than religion and perseverance that kept her in that marriage.You are quite right.

MsFacetious
05-29-2013, 08:18 PM
A few things:
The rental car showed 800 miles. That's why they are searching a 400 mile stretch.

It would not matter if he was caught on a traffic camera, those don't record.
I would not avoid traffic cameras if I was committing a crime... especially not in a common vehicle.

http://commuterlink.utah.gov/

I know in a much earlier thread we established where I-80 was closed that night.
I believe it was Evanston? We ruled out Wyoming for this reason. He wouldn't have gotten that far.
(Though that didn't stop me from looking when I was in Wyoming. You never know for sure.)
I don't know if we looked for the day the rental car was used. I can't find it now.

He would not have even made it up Parley's (I-80) that night in a minivan with no chains.
I was up in Salt Lake that night a mile from Parley's in a 4 wheel drive truck and BARELY made it home.

When looking at where I COULD drive in a snowstorm... I-15 is really the only viable option.
I-84 gets much uglier because of the wind and how deserted it is. I can't see going that way in a storm.
However, it might be POSSIBLE. While I-80 was not even a possibility given his vehicle.

I think he may have gone to Tremonton that night, then when he had the rental car... moved her further north. :twocents:

I will look more tonight and see if I can find where we discussed this before.
I will also try to look up the road closures for when he had the rental car.

Family of missing mom launching 400 mile search

http://www.heraldextra.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/family-of-missing-mom-launching-mile-search/article_bc1b2aae-c893-11e2-88f2-0019bb2963f4.html

thefragile7393
06-08-2013, 04:04 PM
bbm, sbm

I think she also feared for her safety and the boys' safety. And now we see she had good reason for that fear, didn't she. It was more than religion and perseverance that kept her in that marriage.
That is what keeps many people in abusive relationships....religion can play a part definitely too but in this case Gwena I agree. In infuriates me to no end that JP was so evil and in this life got away with it.