PDA

View Full Version : Found Deceased WA - Keith Anderson, 62, Anacortes, 6 Jan 2010

AJM
01-14-2010, 09:58 AM
Anderson left Anacortes on January 6 to meet with an unidentified acquaintance in the Arlington area. The police said he has not returned home or contacted friends or family with his whereabouts.

He was driving a white 1999 Ford Ranger pickup, Washington license B0811F, described as a standard cab pickup with a matching white canopy.

According the the police department, Anderson has a history of medical problems including depression and high blood pressure. He left his residence with only a small amount of cash, no clothes or other personal items. He may be depressed due to recent family problems.

http://www.anacortesnow.com/content/view/1570/111/

Bobbisangel
01-14-2010, 08:30 PM
This man is from my town. What has happened to him is really a puzzle as he is still missing and his truck hasn't been found. He is a counselor at the high school and has been one there for 23 years. I have been told that he has colon cancer that has been in remission but that it had recently come out of remission. Some are afraid that he may have gone off and ended his life. I hope not but he does have a history of depression and so it is a possibility.

I wish we knew if he made it to where he was supposed to be going and meeting with. I heard his cell phone was found in a puddle in front of his home. Rumor though so who knows about that.

I hope he is found soon and is alright. He has a wife and several children who must be worried sick.

fhc
01-14-2010, 08:36 PM
Could he have taken the Washington Ferry there? To Canada or ???

Bobbisangel, OT, Hope everything is more peaceful for your family, many prayers for you all.

Bobbisangel
01-15-2010, 06:44 AM
Could he have taken the Washington Ferry there? To Canada or ???

Bobbisangel, OT, Hope everything is more peaceful for your family, many prayers for you all.

Thanks so much. Lots of anger among us but we just have to work through it again and put it behind us. He may still be cocky, a liar with no remorse, but I didn't expect him to change so no surprises there. It is just hard because it brought everything back like it was yesterday. We are survivors so we'll process it and move on. Thanks for caring.

If Keith had taken the ferry he would have had to go north when he said he was going south to meet up with someone. He could have went in the opposite direction though if he was taking off and didn't want anyone to know where he was going. I wish we knew if he did actually meet someone. It is all country in Arlington where he said he was going. Lots of farm country and woods. He could be out there somewhere and never be found. His truck is white though with a white canapy which would show up pretty well unless he went over a cliff and can't be seen from the road.

I wish he would let his family know where he is if it is possible. I can't imagine being in their shoes right now. Being severly depressed can take a person where they would never go if they weren't feeling so horrible. The thought of escaping that pain is really tempting. I've been in that black hole and my granddaughter is what kept me going. No way was that killer's mother going to raise my granddaughter!

I hope this family gets some good news soon.

AJM
01-15-2010, 07:16 PM
I read today on Facebook that there has been a rumored sighting of Keith in Sultan, WA.

What an odd story. I actually went to Anacortes High School and Dr. Anderson was so well-respected among EVERY student there!

Bobbisangel
01-16-2010, 01:40 AM
I wonder what he would be doing in Sultan? I hope it was him and someone is checking that out right now. The whole thing is such a puzzle. Even if he felt the need to go away for awhile it would have been nice to tell his family so they wouldn't think the worst.

One of his children died of RA. I don't know how long ago that was but she was in her 20's and that had to have been so hard for the family. Then with the cancer it isn't a wonder that he is having a lot of trouble with depression.

AJM
01-16-2010, 09:13 PM
I didn't realize his son, Jake, is on a crabbing boat now too -- the FV Northwestern on the show, The Deadliest Catch.

I hope and pray Keith is found alive and safe!

Bobbisangel
01-16-2010, 11:41 PM
I didn't realize his son, Jake, is on a crabbing boat now too -- the FV Northwestern on the show, The Deadliest Catch.

I hope and pray Keith is found alive and safe!

Keith's brother was on the news and he said that Keith always saw Jake off when he headed for Alaska but for some reason this time he didn't go down to the dock with him. The only time he ever missed. Odd.

I wish we would hear something. I want to know if he really was going to meet someone and if he met with the person or not. Sultan is by Arlington and so he very likely could have been seen there somewhere. If his phone really was found outside the house in a water puddle then LE can't trace the towers darn it. I wish he would call home and just say he is alright.

Bobbisangel
01-22-2010, 03:25 AM
Keith is still missing. I wonder if he is dead or alive....if something happened to him or if he just decided to leave...not much info out there.

dreamweaver
01-22-2010, 07:55 AM
http://twitgoo.com/biqet
pic at site

http://i46.tinypic.com/23hk97b.jpg (http://i46.tinypic.com/23hk97b.jpg)Rotate Left Rotate Right

hoppyfrog
01-22-2010, 10:37 AM
One of his children died of RA.

RA?

tia,

Hoppy

kaelee2
01-22-2010, 02:17 PM
For any Deadliest Catch fans, Keith Anderson is the father of the adorable Jake Anderson who works on the Northwestern crab boat. Last year there was an episode about Jake's sister passing away. Here is a link (http://www.deadliestcatchtv.com/uncategorized/jake-andersons-father-missing-since-january-6th/)to the story of Keith Anderson's disappearance.

Sorry, AJM I did not notice your post until after I posted mine. Jake and the Northwestern crew are my favorites on this show.

dreamweaver
01-22-2010, 07:41 PM
RA?

tia,

Hoppy

RA: Chelsea Anderson
Rheumatoid Arthritis
Online obituary says she died of complications of pneumonia.

summer_breeze
01-24-2010, 03:46 PM
http://heraldnet.com/article/20100124/NEWS01/701249917

Published: Sunday, January 24, 2010

DARRINGTON — The search for missing Anacortes man continued Saturday after his pickup truck was discovered northwest of Darrington.

Police and search and rescue volunteers combed the southeast corner of Skagit County for any sign of Keith Anderson, 62, who’s been missing since Jan. 6, Anacortes police Chief Bonnie Bowers said.

Anderson’s truck was found sometime late Friday or early Saturday off a remote logging road in the area.

Detectives examined the retired school counselor’s vehicle and found no evidence of foul play, Bowers said in a press release.

Dave AHFB
01-30-2010, 11:38 PM
Anybody have any recent news on this?

dreamweaver
01-31-2010, 12:03 AM
http://www.komonews.com/news/81404742.html
01/14/2010 news article
'snipped'

Keith Anderson left his home last Wednesday. His wife found his cell phone in a mud puddle by the house, but no other sign of her husband.

Chris Anderson said aside from the errand, his brother had "no plans."

"In fact, when he left he didn't bring anything with him, he just left in his truck," he said. "And if I remember right, he was going to take some stuff to the dump, and that was it."

Keith Anderson guided Shannah McGinnis through Anacortes High School, and inspired her to attend college.

"When I read it (the news) on Facebook, I was almost crying. He was such a great guy that I don't see any bad things happening to him," she said. "He needs to be home with his family."

dreamweaver
01-31-2010, 12:12 AM
http://www.anacortesnow.com/content/view/1597/111/
1/23/2010 article.
'snipped'

A detective from Anacortes spent part of the past week in Snohomish County following connections Anderson may have had down there, including trying to locate a person that Anderson had expected to meet with the day he disappeared.

Anderson was a counselor at Anacortes High School until he retired in June, 2008. Reports of his disappearance prompted dozens of comments on AnacortesNow.com from friends, family and admirers.
According to the original Police Department missing person report, he left his home without his cell phone or prescribed medications. Anderson has a history of depression and medical problems, police said.

http://www.skyvalleychronicle.com/BREAKING-NEWS/TRUCK-OF-MISSING-ANACORTES-MAN-FOUND

snipped''
DARRINGTON, WA) -- Authorities say the pickup truck of a missing Anacortes man has been found about 11 miles up a remote logging road northwest of Darrington.

The truck was found Friday but there was no sign of missing retired Anacortes teacher Keith Anderson, 62 who has not been seen since January 6th when he left his home to meet an acquaintance in Snohomish County.

Detectives examined the retired teacher’s vehicle and found no evidence of foul play.

Bobbisangel
01-31-2010, 06:33 AM
Depression...cancer that was in remission but I'm not sure that it still was...truck found 11 miles up a logging road...I don't like thinking what I am thinking. He must have left his cell phone behind on purpose or he would have noticed that it dropped in a mud puddle. Maybe knew the phone could be tracked by towers. Maybe life just became to overwhelming for him. It can happen to anyone. It sounds like he has been through a lot and losing his daughter had to have been horrible. I just hope he is found.

Personally if I was his wife I would ask that someone else investigate Keith's missing. Anacortes PD is a small police department and I don't think they have a lot of training in things like this. Especially if foul play should be discovered :banghead:

JLMcKenna83
01-31-2010, 12:09 PM
If his truck was found 11 miles up a logging road.. shouldn't they be checking that area with dogs or maybe doing a ground search? If foul play was involved the truck could have been dumped there... but my thought would possibly be suicide and maybe he just parked the truck and wandered into the woods... Never to be heard from again...

dreamweaver
01-31-2010, 12:20 PM
Keith leaves home with a truck bed filled with stuff to go to the dump.
His cell phone found in the mud by where he parks his pickup.
He plans on meeting a friend. Friend is not identified.
It does not seem as if LE knows how to find the friend.
Then, days later, his pickup is found 11 miles up a logging road.

Keith is retired, has a good reputation, has had family tragedy with his daughter
dying, has depression issues.

But I cannot see him commiting suicide with a load for the dump in the back of the truck.
I would think a sudden medical emergency, like mini strokes, except why would
he head up a logging road?

For those who have not been up logging roads.... well..let's just say that 11 miles is a long, uncomfortable ride.

JLMcKenna83
01-31-2010, 12:23 PM
11 miles on a logging road seems like the longest 11 miles ever... they're nasty dirt roads full of holes and usually have debris scattered all over them..

BelleBelle
02-01-2010, 11:53 AM
The F/V Northwestern forum is deleting and scrubbing all mention of Jake's missing father. As has Sig's various websites.

A posting on the Discovery forums refers to a now-deleted Seattle news blog article quoting a former family member as saying Dr. Anderson was addicted to oxy and might have been meeting his drug dealer. However, the blog has been taken down from the news paper site.

Foul play perhaps?

BelleBelle
02-02-2010, 01:44 PM
I'm really intrigued that that Northwestern web site and forum pulled all posts about this, and Sig Hansen posted and then pulled items off his websites, too. All the other boats are allowing discussion about it.

Officials have ended the ground search for missing Anacortes resident Keith Anderson....The truck was stuck, high-centered, on the road with the keys inside.....

Complete article Feb 2, 2010 Anacortes News
http://www.anacortesnow.com/content/view/1615/1/

BelleBelle
02-02-2010, 06:40 PM
Yet another supportive thread to Jake Anderson was deleted without explanation today from the F/V Northwestern forum. I can't fathom the reason. The official Discovery Channel message boards are accepting discussions about Keith Anderson being missing. The other boats are allowing discussions and posting messages of support.

Can anyone help me understand why a celebrity would not use every means possible to help find a missing relative? Why on earth would the F/V Northwestern not want this disappearance mentioned? Every deleted comment was supportive of Jake.

Help Find Keith Anderson – Donations accepted at US Bank

02/01 Keith Anderson, a retired school counselor, has been missing since 1/06. The truck he drove away in was recovered but Anderson was nowhere to be found. Search and Rescue units have repeatedly combed the area where his truck was located but no other clues to his whereabouts have been found.
Anderson’s family is still actively trying to find him and is hoping somebody has information on where he may be. An account has been opened at US Bank, proceeds will be collected to raise money for a reward offered for information leading to bringing Anderson home. The Anderson family has plans at a later date to set up a scholarship fund. Kieth, or “Dr. Anderson”, as so many people know him, was a high school counselor at Anacortes High School. He is credited for helping hundreds of students succeed while in high school, and beyond. Many past students will tell you “If it wasn’t for Dr. Anderson, who knows where I’d be.” If you would like to help, donations for Keith Anderson may be made at any US Bank location or online at www.usbank.com (http://www.usbank.com/) . The account is set up under the name “Keith Anderson”.

http://anacortesscoop.com/2010/02/keith-anderson-help-find-keith-donations-accepted-at-us-bank-locations/

BelleBelle
02-03-2010, 02:48 PM
This was posted online on Jan 18th by someone claiming to be a friend of Jake's. It kicked off a discussion hypothesizing that the friend who supposedly called the family to say Keith had been there and left was setting up an alibi for himself.

Well the day before he left for Opee season, (JAN 6th) his dad (Keith Anderson)went to run an errand...he hasn't been seen since. The guy he went to see called his family to tell them Keith had been there and left that day but the trail is cold after that. No hits on a credit card, no withdrawls from his bank not even a gas card receipt.
They have posted flyers everywhere, cops have a apb on him and his 96 ford ranger pick-up and they even formed a search party. HIs cell phone was found laying in a pothole in the driveway.
Keith is a retired school counselor and he has alot of friends in the community. People are very worried, in 40 years of marriage these are the first nights ever, he hasn't been at home.
Please keep them in your thoughts or prayers if you do such things.
Jake has had a few family tragitys lately and his mom would be severly effected without her husband.
Original post at: http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?whichpage=0.6&TOPIC_ID=430786�

wadahoot
03-10-2010, 08:08 PM
AOL News is highlighting Keith being missing today
http://tinyurl.com/ygno8ah
I'm going to post the contents of the article, as AOL often takes posts out of their news within just a couple of days ... I hope this is OK ... I just hate to lose so much good info!

'Deadliest Catch' Star Wants Answers on Missing Dad

David Lohr Contributor
AOL News
(March 10) -- A star of the Discovery Channel's hit reality series "Deadliest Catch" is appealing to the public for help in finding his father, who has been missing for two months.

"I just want to know what happened to my dad," Jake Anderson, a deckhand on the F/V Northwestern crab fishing boat, told AOL News. "I want to bring my father home. He wouldn't give up on us, and I'm not going to give up on him. I just don't know what to do. We need help, and I hope that someone out there will help give us some sort of closure."

Keith Anderson, a 63-year-old retired high school counselor from Anacortes, Wash., disappeared Jan. 6. Jake Anderson was on the Northwestern, crab fishing in the Bering Sea, but Keith's brother Chris saw him that day.

dreamweaver
03-10-2010, 08:30 PM
Nice that Keith Anderson missing person case is getting some attention. Thanks to AOL and David Lohr.

If as the article said, he did get the oxycontin pills he was needing, and the person left him at a shopping center....
did the police check the security cameras there?
what time did the person leave him at the shopping center?
did he have to fill up the pickup truck with gas again?
If so, where?
It sounds like this spot was about 2 hours away from where he lives?
Does that sound right?
How much gas was in the tank?

I don't think he would have taken the meds if he was that far away from home.
IMO:I can see that he could have checked into a motel, taken meds and then called, told family he was too tired to drive home that night.
But that did not happen.
And even if he took the pills right away, what would make him drive 11 miles up a logging road?
If he wanted to commit suicide, which I doubt, his body would be found very near the pickup.

If this was my dad, I would see if an independent forensic expert could check the blood evidence and if maybe anyone else was driving the truck that day.
I would interview the 'witnesses' myself.
I would talk to people at the shopping center.
Is it hindering a police investigation?
Probably.
Does it look like their dad is coming home? Probably not.

boondock
04-22-2010, 03:35 PM
The most recent article I could find, not much new:

Anderson family suspects foul play, hopes for closure

Kimberly Jacobson | Anacortes American
March 19, 2010 - 10:00 AM

Keith Anderson’s family members are looking for closure two months after the retired Anacortes High School counselor failed to return from a trip to buy a powerful prescription painkiller they say he was addicted to.

“We would like to know what happened to Keith,” said his brother Chris Anderson. “We’ve pretty much decided he’s not with us anymore.”

As new law enforcement leads have dried up, the family is doing everything from talking to psychics to connecting with 3VSS, a national nonprofit search and rescue foundation, to find out what happened to Keith.

“We’ll try anything,” Chris said.

Keith Anderson has been missing since Jan. 6. That day he went to meet an acquaintance in the Arlington area and has not contacted family or friends since.

The missing person’s report indicates Anderson, 62, has a history of high blood pressure and depression. He left without prescribed medication or his cell phone.

His abandoned truck was found in late January on a remote logging road in the Darrington area. - snipped

more here: http://www.goskagit.com/home/article/anderson_family_suspects_foul_play_hopes_for_closu re/

SarahR
06-17-2010, 04:29 AM
Bumping for Keith and Jake, After the episode aired last night I just couldn't stop thinking about poor Jake, you can see this kid has a heart of gold. I've been been searching but all the articles i could find are the old ones, Anyone know if theres been any developements?

O/T poor Capt Phil lastnight, made me cry seeing him with his son and finding out about the addiction and knowing what happens a few days later. My thoughts and prays for his boys also. RIP Capt Phil, sweet sailing.

BelleBelle
06-17-2010, 08:49 AM
The episode gave me the impression Jake was hiding information from the crew. Then Sig was withholding information from Jake.

That would explain why both of them had motive for having all mentions of Jake's father's situation from the websites.

shannon2008
06-19-2010, 09:51 AM
Jake A has grown up a lot since last season, and I thought it showed in his decision to keep this information private from the rest of the crew. He didn't want to distract everyone else on the boat with his own family problems.

To me, Capt. Sig was protecting Jake A from the call that he got last week so the kid didn't just completely fall apart at sea. Since Jake was not telling anyone about it, it's likely that Sig also didn't know and thought the call he got was the very first call about the situation. I think Sig has a soft spot for Jake A ever since last year when he had to help Jake get home when his sister passed away. Like a papa bear looking after his greenhorn cub.

That ending scene between Phil and his son Jake H just broke my heart. :(

I really do hope that they find out what happened to Keith Anderson. Given the situation, I don't think this will have a happy ending...but I hope at least the family will be able to have closure. I can't imagine all the heartache they have been through since last year....

AnnieOakley
06-22-2010, 09:28 AM
Thank you for bringing this to the front... Keith has been a highly respected member of our profession for many years. I am so sad for him and his family... I had not even heard that he is missing. I hope his family will have resolution soon.

To his family: Please know that Keith has made such valuable contributions to the school counseling profession in this state. My friend did her internship with him, and he was great. He has been a role model for many of us.

shannon2008
06-29-2010, 10:09 PM
Jake A was very upset on tonight's episode when he heard that Phil Harris had had a massive stroke.

He came very close to saying "like a father" when talking about how well Phil H had treated him when Sig and Phil swapped the two Jakes earlier this season. That Phil had showed faith in him that he wasn't getting from the Northwestern crew (I actually think he is, because anyone can see Sig likes him as a crew member.) He caught himself before he said it and looked like he was about to break down.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
06-29-2010, 10:17 PM
Facebook page for Keith: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=280570456916

The_Flashlight
07-07-2010, 03:34 PM
I saw this on the Deadliest Catch too. So he is still missing?

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
07-13-2010, 02:09 PM
http://www.myspace.com/findkeithanderson#ixzz0taSAjww8

Car Wash for Keith - August 1 - 12:00-3:00 pm

Les Schwab Tire Center
2311 Commercial Avenue
Anacortes, WA

All proceeds go toward the efforts needed to find Keith Anderson.

Rizzy
07-21-2010, 02:36 AM
http://www.examiner.com/x-53304-Seattle-Crime-Examiner~y2010m7d12-Family-Of-Missing-Man-Offers-Reward-For-Information

Family Of Missing Man Offers Reward For Information

July 12, 10:14 PM
Seattle Crime Examiner
Lorie Stoneberger

*Snipped*

ANACORTES - The last 7 months have been agonizing for Elizabeth Dixon and her family. With each day that passes, hope fades for finding her father, 62 year old Keith Anderson, alive.

Keith was last seen on January 6th when he went to go buy Oxycontin on the street from a guy in Sultan. Keith's nephew, Kiel Anderson, says he never made it home that night to have dinner with his son Jake who is a fisherman from the hit TV show 'The Deadliest Catch'. "That was something Keith would never have done, never miss Jake before he went on his trip," said Anderson.
======
The family is offering a reward for information that will help them find Keith Anderson. The family says if the reward isn't claimed the money will go towards a scholarship in his name.

A memorial service for the former high school counselor will be held at Anacortes High School on August 14th.
=====

More at link plus video

zelmajane
07-27-2010, 04:24 PM
Just saw this on Deadliest Catch. Hopefully the reruns today will help this case get more attention.

Poor family.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
08-01-2010, 02:31 PM
Just wanted to bump Keith up. Anyone in the area...the car wash is today.

Hoping Keith is found soon.

panthera
08-01-2010, 09:42 PM
So sad that there haven't been any more updates on what could've happened to Keith. I'm not seeing him driving the truck up to where it was found either since with all the pain he was in, he couldn't have walked far away from it. And I can't see him just leaving his family with no clue, and no goodbye.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
08-06-2010, 05:17 PM
According to the Facebook page, the car wash for Keith was a success. They had over 100 cars, and it was non-stop for over 4 hours.

Tomorrow, Jake Anderson, Nick Mavar, Matt Bradley, and Scott Hillstrand from the Deadliest catch TV show will be signing autographs in Anacortes for the Search for Keith Anderson Fund. There will also be Deadliest Catch items up for silent Auction.

http://searchforkeith.com/deadliest_catch_signing_fundraiser

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
08-13-2010, 03:46 PM
Keith has been missing for over 7 months now. The family is having a celebration of Keith's life tomorrow, August 14, in Anacortes.

http://searchforkeith.com/keiths_life_celebration (http://searchforkeith.com/keiths_life_celebration)

"Everyone who has been touched by Dr. Keith Andersons kind heart, words of encouragement, or friendly hello, are invited to attend."

http://www.facebook.com/?sk=events#!/event.php?eid=126525444059823

hoppyfrog
08-13-2010, 07:07 PM
I wish I could be there.

G-d bless Keith and his family.

summer_breeze
08-27-2010, 01:58 PM
http://www.mynorthwest.com/category/local_news_articles/20100827/Deadliest-Catch-deckhand-opens-up-about-missing-father/

Updated 1 hour, 39 minutes ago
By JAMIE GRISWOLD
MyNorthwest.com

A deckhand on the Discovery Channel series Deadliest Catch wants answers in the disappearance of his father.

63-year-old Keith Anderson was last seen Jan. 6 and his son Jake Anderson, a deckhand on the Northwestern, says he wants more information to help ease the minds of his family.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
08-28-2010, 09:21 PM
From summer's link...

This is the most info we've heard about this case. And a lot of new things to think about and consider...

Anderson's father's truck was found Jan. 16. He says the location and condition of the truck made him think someone tried to hide it.

Anderson says blood was found in the truck, but that authorities didn't get it tested until he had a friend go into the office and put some pressure on them.

Anderson says at first he didn't want to talk about the disappearance because of the circumstances. Anderson says he found out his dad had been buying Oxycontin just before he disappeared.

"I didn't know that he was buying that day, but when I hadn't seen him, I figured it out real fast," Anderson said. "In the beginning I didn't want to talk about it because my dad had serviced the community for 30 years, a doctor in psychology, and chose instead of financial gain, he chose to help the community being a guidance counselor, and I didn't want to ruin his name by telling everybody what happened, when I myself didn't know what happened."

CuriousTwo
12-31-2010, 11:21 PM
While watching reruns of The Deadliest Catch this evening, this case came to mind and I wondered if there was any new news? I don't find anything on Internet searches. Such a horribly sad mystery.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
01-06-2011, 02:29 PM
Keith has been missing for one year today. :(

According to his facebook page, the reward has been raised to $10,000.

summer_breeze
03-29-2011, 08:38 PM
http://www.king5.com/news/local/Deadliest-Catch-deckhand-missing-father-118865659.html

by JAKE WHITTENBERG / KING 5 News
KING5.com
Posted on March 29, 2011 at 5:00 PM
Updated today at 5:20 PM

ANACORTES, Wash. – A deckhand from Discovery Channel's "Deadliest Catch" says there is some renewed hope in finding answers about the disappearance of his father.

dreamweaver
03-29-2011, 08:46 PM
http://www.king5.com/news/local/Deadliest-Catch-deckhand-missing-father-118865659.html

by JAKE WHITTENBERG / KING 5 News
KING5.com
Posted on March 29, 2011 at 5:00 PM
Updated today at 5:20 PM

Good to know that a witness will be taking a lie detector test.

http://www.searchforkeith.com/
This is his missing person website, taken from the news article.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=280570456916&v=wall&ref=ts
FB missing person page.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
03-30-2011, 02:35 AM
Seems kind of contradictory:

Anacortes Police plan to give a polygraph test to a witness in the case of Keith Anderson.

and

Police still have no suspects.

I get that it takes a lot to call someone a suspect. But why does a "witness" need a polygraph? Is their story changing?

MsFacetious
03-30-2011, 04:14 AM
Seems kind of contradictory:

Anacortes Police plan to give a polygraph test to a witness in the case of Keith Anderson.

and

Police still have no suspects.

I get that it takes a lot to call someone a suspect. But why does a "witness" need a polygraph? Is their story changing?

I get the impression that this is a new witness... likely the one that came forward recently to the family.

It sounds to me like the witness they are polygraphing and the person they will be interviewing may be the same person.

If they are the same person, it sounds to me like they are polygraphing the person to verify their story.

If they are two different people, maybe to verify a story told to them by this person who just came forward? Maybe the new person's story doesn't match the original witness?

Since they waited this long to come forward. I think before they spend time investigating this lead, I think they want to validate it.

Detectives will be interviewing a person that was known to Anderson, based on information provided by the family, said Anacortes Police Captain Grant Lightfoot.

Jake said someone recently told family that they had information about what happened.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
04-01-2011, 07:18 PM
Deadliest Catch deckhand believes father was murdered

[snip]

Anacortes police plan to give a polygraph test to a witness who may have new information.

"I really believe that this person that last saw him did something with him. There are reports from people that he's bragging about murdering my dad," Keith Anderson's son, Jake, told KING-5.

More: http://www.mynorthwest.com/category/local_news_articles/20110329/Deadliest-Catch-deckhand-believes-father-was-murdered/

marycarney
04-09-2011, 01:28 PM
Bumping for Keith and his family.

MsFacetious
04-09-2011, 03:21 PM
Deadliest Catch premiers Tuesday April 12...

It appears the Best of Season 6 in 2 parts at 8pm MST and 9pm MST.

Then the 2 hour Season 7 Premier at 10pm MST.

Then is on again the following Tuesday April 19.

The Premier replays at 8pm MST with the new episode on at 10pm MST.

It appears the new episodes are on each week at 10pm MST. Generally the week before replays before the current episode, or after.

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/deadliest-catch/

Soulmagent
04-19-2011, 09:21 PM
HLN has Jake on Dr Drews show speaking on his addiction issues and he speaks alittle bit about his dad.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
04-20-2011, 04:53 PM
HLN has Jake on Dr Drews show speaking on his addiction issues and he speaks alittle bit about his dad.

This blogger has a transcript of the show. You can read where Jake talks about his dad.

http://ohrant.blogspot.com/2011/04/jake-harris-and-josh-anderson-appear-on.html

MsFacetious
04-20-2011, 04:58 PM
Jake actually seems quite resigned...it was very sad. He didn't seem real concerned about getting his Dad's information out there. No asking for help or information... It was actually Dr Drew who asked for that.

I adore both of the Jake's. I wish Keith could be found so that Jake A and his family could have closure at least on knowing where he is.

hoosier13
04-29-2011, 06:59 PM
In reality could it have been a suicide? A history of depression and he was obviously in pain. The other thing is with the oxycontin thing would it be a possible robbery? Does anyone know if side effects of oxycontin are suicidal thoughts? Why is this witness only coming fourth now that there is a large reward? Too many questions and I feel really bad for the family as well and obviously I am sure each day that passes they can find solace in the fact that there is no bad news as well and maybe there is a chance of a non sad outcome but with cancer it's hard to see.

sophieness
05-01-2011, 01:20 PM
this is SO SAD. he was the counselor at my highschool. I was very depressed at that time and dropped out of HS. he knew I felt suicidal at times, and he wanted to help but he didn't know what to do...he would ask me how I was doing, and I would say, well I'm still here, I'm still alive so I've got that. I HOPE HE IS TOO he was a good man I truly believe that. SOOO sad. hope his son is ok (knew him only on a distant acquaintence level). I had no idea this man was missing.

sophieness
05-01-2011, 01:23 PM
on a side note Darrington is a nasty place. there is more meth/drugs there than the surrounding areas I believe, and my family drove through there and there was a deer carcass hanging from a public building (I think it was a bank!!). Kinda nasty IMO

sophieness
05-01-2011, 01:45 PM
also the "drug dealer" who last met up with him would be prime suspect number one. he's already breaking the law and people are just going to take his word for it? at least they got around to that polygraph OVER A YEAR LATER. it's ridiculous how missing persons investigation are handled. I understand they do not indicate a crime, but when you find someone's truck abandoned up a logging road that is a pretty good indication they are not alive and you should be doing your best to find them ASAP.

PaulR
06-12-2011, 03:49 PM
He's been missing far too long.

No news is not good news in this case. :-(

marycarney
10-23-2011, 08:53 PM
Bumping for Jake's dad, Keith

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
01-07-2012, 12:22 AM
Bump for Keith. Missing 2 years today.

KateB
06-29-2012, 03:31 PM
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Human-remains-IDd-as-Anacortes-man-who-vanished-in-2010-160854895.html

ANACORTES, Wash. - Human bones found by a hiker in a remote area of Skagit County a few days ago have been identified as the remains of an Anacortes man who went missing nearly 2½ years ago.

Keith A. Anderson vanished Jan. 6, 2010, and was reported missing by his family after he failed to return from a short trip to Snohomish County. The retired high school counselor was last seen in the Sultan area.

Rest in peace, Mr. Anderson

marycarney
06-29-2012, 04:13 PM
How ironic - just as I saw this post, the teaser of Jake searching the site where his dad's truck was found was on my TV.

So much tragedy for this family. That Jake is one tough kid, for sure.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
06-29-2012, 06:54 PM
So sad to hear this news.

Rest in peace, Keith. :(

SisterMadly
06-30-2012, 07:34 PM
So sorry to hear this. Jake, stay strong kiddo.

Betty P
07-03-2012, 10:09 PM
I was just watching the latest epi of Deadliest Catch tonight. Jake went to the spot where his dad's truck was found, its a really remote logging road.

Of course this was filmed before his dad's body was found, but I found a couple of Jake's comments interesting. I can't quote verbatim, but Jake said something about the police finding blood in his father's truck, on the steering wheel and some splatters on the windshield.

It doesn't sound as though this was a suicide, since his dad was found, IIRC from news reports, about a mile or so from his truck. It seems very unlikely he could have walked that distance while wounded. His dad's death certainly sounds suspicious after hearing Jake say that.

RIP, Dr. Anderson. He had an impressive resume and accomplished a great deal in his life. Prayers for Jake and his family, they must be very proud of him.

ETA: Just watched it again on After the Catch epi and Jake said blood was found on the key fob and windshield.

kentuckybound
07-03-2012, 11:18 PM
http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2012/07/deadliest-catch-jake-andersons-missing-father-keith-andersons-remains-found.html

The account stated that the hiker told authorities about finding the remains, and then sheriff's deputies used cadaver dogs to locate additional remains, allowing the King County Medical Examiner to make a positive identification in late June.

The deceased man's identity was withheld until all members of his family had been notified.

marycarney
07-03-2012, 11:36 PM
Listened with tears as Jake spoke about his father on After the Catch tonight. What a wonderful dad he must have been to have such a man for his son.

Rest in Peace Keith

distracted 1976
07-04-2012, 12:42 AM
R.I.P Mr Anderson. A wonderful man like Jake Anderson, who has more ambition, work ethic and heart could have only come from a wonderful home. Jake battled his demons and came out on top, I am sure his family, including his dad, is beyond proud!

Elphaba
07-06-2012, 04:53 PM
This comes on the heels of Jake just tying the knot (back in May)... at the very least they now have the comfort of knowing that his dad has been recovered.