Pages : [1] 2 3

Salem
01-22-2010, 11:42 AM
Please continue here.

Thread 35

Salem

human
01-22-2010, 11:58 AM
Are there tear ducts at the outer corner of the eyes?

amytlake
01-22-2010, 12:21 PM

Casey Anthony's...

but i don't want to make that comparison.. but that's the only other time i saw someone wipe tears in that manner.

I don't think DT did it - i never have, but when i see her interviewed, her body language bothers me.. and I don't want it to b/c she has never really been on my list. But it is very confusing to watch :waitasec:

mrtabby
01-22-2010, 12:22 PM
I haven't posted in a while, but have continued to follow this; I just saw a caption on MSNBC saying 'Somer Thompson case has gone cold' - haven't watched the video yet that goes along with it - however - in one of my very first posts I said I thought someone from LE or an authoritative capacity was involved; for a case to get off to such a promising start - good, on the money detective work, locating Somer within days, etc etc and all these interviews, searches, etc etc - nothing? I feel that crucial information is not being divulged - something's gotta give -

Ms Suzanne
01-22-2010, 12:24 PM
I really felt for her in this interview.It is very sad.I feel they said the focus needs to stay on finding the killer and the investigation and I think it does.

Ms Suzanne
01-22-2010, 12:28 PM
In an article it says

The search literally hit home for schools Superintendent Ben Wortham, who lives about 100 yards from the Gano Drive spot where Somer was last seen. About 2 a.m. Tuesday, his house and many others in the vicinity were “searched from top to bottom,” Wortham said.

Did they go into these homes?Where is this area?Is it where the dogs lost Somers scent?where did the dogs lose Somers scent?Does anyone have a map of where they lost somer scent?

Chili Fries
01-22-2010, 12:33 PM
I haven't posted in a while, but have continued to follow this; I just saw a caption on MSNBC saying 'Somer Thompson case has gone cold' - haven't watched the video yet that goes along with it - however - in one of my very first posts I said I thought someone from LE or an authoritative capacity was involved; for a case to get off to such a promising start - good, on the money detective work, locating Somer within days, etc etc and all these interviews, searches, etc etc - nothing? I feel that crucial information is not being divulged - something's gotta give -
Maybe they just don't have the evidence. Think of how many cases where the perp is extremely obvious, like a family member, yet it's still very difficult for LE to build a case. With Somer it seems like they have a sighting at the Gano house then who knows what happened next. So it could be someone from the neighborhood, someone passing through, somebody she knows.... This is probably an incredibly difficult case to solve. I think if it is solved it may be years from now through a jailhouse confession or by somebody who confesses after he commits another heinous crime but like everybody else I hope for the silver bullet DNA evidence or something like that which leads to justice soon.

Kimberlyd125
01-22-2010, 12:46 PM
Sadnpod:

I don't know how this interview could be all about defending herself about that recent article. She was asked about it and she responded. It was a very small amount of time on it. What should she have done, refussed to answer it.

IMO she looked heartbroken and for all those who comment on her lack of tears, I saw many fall this morning.

I think she is trying to keep the case in the spotlight. She hasn't done many interviews lately. So, maybe she thought this country needed a reminder of Somer and the fact the killer is still out there.

Jmo

Noway
01-22-2010, 12:59 PM
I am disheartened that LE does not seem any closer to catching the killer. At least that is the point I thought her lawyer made -- that they hoped that the forensic evidence found on Somer would lead to her killer but so far they had not been able to match it to anyone?

Dee10
01-22-2010, 01:02 PM
I didn't see the point of DT & lawyer asking to do this interview? To keep the story alive? To sell the pictures? IDK.

dar107
01-22-2010, 01:08 PM
[QUOTE=Kimberlyd125;4716865]Sadnpod:

I don't know how this interview could be all about defending herself about that recent article. She was asked about it and she responded. It was a very small amount of time on it. What should she have done, refussed to answer it.

IMO she looked heartbroken and for all those who comment on her lack of tears, I saw many fall this morning.

I think she is trying to keep the case in the spotlight. She hasn't done many interviews lately. So, maybe she thought this country needed a reminder of Somer and the fact the killer is still out there.

Jmo[/QU

I agree completely. You can see the heartbreak in her eyes, I see nothing but genuine emotion from her. Although this thread had been quiet the last few days, alot of the bickering has stopped and there were some new ideas put out there. I wish we had more info on Kyle and if we could determine if he is a minor for a fact. I hope this new interview that DT did does not mean we go back to picking her words and appearance apart.IMO she is going through the worst tragedy that anyone could go through, I am sure she has enough guilt to last her a lifetime, as anybody in her situation would, its a natural human response to wish you had done something differently. I wonder if they did not get as much evidence as had hoped because of so much cross contamination from the dumpster & landfill. I am still hopeful that they do have a suspect on their radar.

dar107
01-22-2010, 01:12 PM
I didn't see the point of DT & lawyer asking to do this interview? To keep the story alive? To sell the pictures? IDK.

I beleive she did this interview to keep Somer's case out there.

Kimberlyd125
01-22-2010, 01:18 PM

I don't know the anatomy of the eye but I know when I cry, tears do sometimes fall from the outside corners of my eyes. I don't know if this is because I have tear ducts there or maybe my head is slightly tilted.

But, I do know this after watching that interview...there was definatly liquid falling from her eyes. If not tears, then what could it have been?

human
01-22-2010, 01:19 PM
Sadnpod:

Jmo

Kim, I feel that the discussion of DT goes on and on because people feel the hink.

Then the defense of her starts. If it is about Somer, then let's look at some of the issues.

Some people feel DT may have had a part in this. So, are there any clues that lead to that idea?

There is a huge time discrepancy in the time off of work, for one thing.

If we are looking for the killer, then let's really look at the evidence.

Kimberlyd125
01-22-2010, 01:25 PM
I knew this was gonna happen.

She wiped the wrong corner of her eye, she's there to sell pictures, she's there to defend the recent article, she went to NY without her kids...

Couldn't she have been there so the world would not forget her beautiful daughter? To let the world know the monster who killed her baby is still walking the streets? Maybe to warn parents and bring the horrible reality that people kill our kids in the spotlight?

Kimberlyd125
01-22-2010, 01:28 PM
Kim, I feel that the discussion of DT goes on and on because people feel the hink.

Then the defense of her starts. If it is about Somer, then let's look at some of the issues.

Some people feel DT may have had a part in this. So, are there any clues that lead to that idea?

There is a huge time discrepancy in the time off of work, for one thing.

If we are looking for the killer, then let's really look at the evidence.

ok let's look at the evidence.

I've seen no evidence that points to DT.

How she wipes her eyes is not evidence.
IMO

dar107
01-22-2010, 01:30 PM
Can someone tell me if it would be standard procedure for LE to give DT and/or members of her household lie detector tests? I live in Canada and in a recent case up here lie detector tests were given to mom, boyfriend, and even the young brother of the victim.

I do not see anything to implicate DT other then peoples opinions of her tone of voice, words and appearance.

Ms Suzanne
01-22-2010, 01:32 PM

She wiped the wrong corner of her eye, she's there to sell pictures, she's there to defend the recent article, she went to NY without her kids...

Couldn't she have been there so the world would not forget her beautiful daughter? To let the world know the monster who killed her baby is still walking the streets? Maybe to warn parents and bring the horrible reality that people kill our kids in the spotlight?

I knew it was going to happen again too.I'm tired of it.My heart really went out to her.I feel she went on to find little Somers killer.I hope we can concentrate on finding her killer and sleuthing Somers case.

Dee10
01-22-2010, 01:38 PM
I beleive she did this interview to keep Somer's case out there.

You maybe right, but I wish they would have used the time to plead for someone to come forward with info. perhaps the profile tips & the 1-800 number. It just seemed like a waste of airtime to me.

dar107
01-22-2010, 01:43 PM
You maybe right, but I wish they would have used the time to plead for someone to come forward with info. perhaps the profile tips & the 1-800 number. It just seemed like a waste of airtime to me.

I agree they could have had a segment at the end to plead for more tips etc., but I don't think it was a waste of time at all, although they did not directly ask that, I still think it brings the attention back to Somer and anyone who is watching and has information will still hopefully call it in to LE. I just keep praying and hoping something or someone breaks soon!

linagal
01-22-2010, 01:45 PM
Can someone tell me if it would be standard procedure for LE to give DT and/or members of her household lie detector tests? I live in Canada and in a recent case up here lie detector tests were given to mom, boyfriend, and even the young brother of the victim.

I do not see anything to implicate DT other then peoples opinions of her tone of voice, words and appearance.

BBM
I think that is the problem! We have nothing to implicate anyone really! Let's face it--there is not a single person who can be definitively excluded. It is just not possible to say with any degree of certainty that a certain person--any person-- is not involved in some way.

I feel for DT and her loss. I have no idea who was responsible for this. But, if we are here to find answers for Somer, then we are shortchanging her if we exclude anyone just because of who they are.

Whoever did this is doing a d*** good job of fooling people. Otherwise this case wouldn't be getting cold.

That being said, I want to go back and make a list of everyone that has been sleuthed or who is connected in anyway, excluding minors. Then I would like to note beside their names (initials) what makes them more or less suspected based on the information we have. I will do this on my own unless anyone else is interested in reviewing everything to see what may have been missed.

I understand that some people have a connection to DT and are defensive of her. But, we don't know what happened. IMO, it doesn't make sense to assume anything for sure about anyone.

Dr.Fessel
01-22-2010, 01:50 PM
I liked what the lawyer said. There is a small minority of people out there that like to victimize the victim.

Kimberlyd125
01-22-2010, 01:51 PM
I think there is a difference of thinking DT may have something to do with this and picking DT apart.

If there is evidence, then yes we need to look at it. But most has nothing to do with anything but picking her apart to look like a horrible person and mother.

I for one have no problem looking at evidence that supports someones theory.

Kimberlyd125
01-22-2010, 01:52 PM
I liked what the lawyer said. There is a small minority of people out there that like to victimize the victim.

Yeah me too. Kinda made me chukle a tiny bit.

Dr.Fessel
01-22-2010, 01:53 PM
BBM
I think that is the problem! We have nothing to implicate anyone really! Let's face it--there is not a single person who can be definitively excluded. It is just not possible to say with any degree of certainty that a certain person--any person-- is not involved in some way.

I feel for DT and her loss. I have no idea who was responsible for this. But, if we are here to find answers for Somer, then we are shortchanging her if we exclude anyone just because of who they are.

Whoever did this is doing a d*** good job of fooling people. Otherwise this case wouldn't be getting cold.

That being said, I want to go back and make a list of everyone that has been sleuthed or who is connected in anyway, excluding minors. Then I would like to note beside their names (initials) what makes them more or less suspected based on the information we have. I will do this on my own unless anyone else is interested in reviewing everything to see what may have been missed.

I understand that some people have a connection to DT and are defensive of her. But, we don't know what happened. IMO, it doesn't make sense to assume anything for sure about anyone.

Who has a connection to DT and are being defensive of her? I have only seen it the other way.

linagal
01-22-2010, 01:55 PM
Who has a connection to DT and are being defensive of her? I have only seen it the other way.

I misspoke. I was trying to say they FEEL a connection to her. I meant it figuratively, not literally.

amytlake
01-22-2010, 01:58 PM
I know the question has been posed here today as to the location the dogs lost Somer's scent.

I knew we had discussed that here before, but i went out to the newlinks looking for documentation and reports on it.. i couldn't find ANY! Other than hearsay on multiple boards which all say "by the Gano house".. I will keep looking - but i agree - it's something to try and nail down for logistical reasons.

I'll post a link if/when i find it :)

dar107
01-22-2010, 01:59 PM
BBM

I think you have a great idea, maybe going back to do all that will give us some fresh new ideas and possibilities to sleuth.

I don't have any connection to DT but I guess one mother to another we all feel a connection that way. I don't feel the need to exclude her just because she is mom, it's just that she has been examined alot on here and I don not see anything pointing to her. But I do realize there are parents out there who have been involved in a crime against their own child, and in those cases I have seen the hink, so to speak. Thats why i was asking before about lie detector tests and if would be standard procedure there, because if those tests were done and passed, we could clear mom in alot of peoples minds. And just a thought, but maybe LE has cleared mom and family, but wants the true killer to think they are safe, so it is not reported to media.

Jade
01-22-2010, 01:59 PM
I saw the interview and was surprised when Meredith talked about the investigation regarding the kids walking home from school unattended and stated that the authorities concluded that D was an excellent Mother. I thought the conclusion was that D needed to find after school care for the kids?

I really expected the message D had for other parents would be “don’t let your children walk home from school unattended – I was warned and boy do I ever regret not heeding that advice”.

What was the message she had for others? Just love your children? No keep them safe and in sight?

Or don’t put adult responsibilities of keeping a child safe on other children?

D missed an opportunity to caution others and publicly redeem the other kids by taking responsibility.

Actually, I guess she did put in a little about no matter how annoying they are wanting to cook and having to cleanup after them do it anyway.

I do have sympathy for her but she really didn’t come off as sympathetic to me IMO But I don’t think she did anything directly to Somer I suspect a SO taking advantage of an unattended child.

Do the other kids still walk home from school by themselves?

linagal
01-22-2010, 02:03 PM
I don't have any connection to DT but I guess one mother to another we all feel a connection that way.

BBM

Thank you! That was exactly what I was trying to say.

human
01-22-2010, 02:05 PM

Ok. We know you love DT. No matter how many times it's said, people are making their own determinations of why they think certain things based on knowledge and past experiences

I have lots of suspects in mind, including her. Here's another question.

On the MPR, she gives the Jacksonville address, but it appears she worked at OP that day. What happened in the intervening time?

A person that works with her states that AT calls everyday. So why did DT have to call SP?

There are more questions, but what do people think?

linagal
01-22-2010, 02:10 PM
I think those are good questions.

Is the JAX office considered the main office? I have worked for companies in one location, but I give the corporate address for my employer info. If it's not the main office then it is a question that I would like to know an answer to.

SportsMom2helpkids
01-22-2010, 02:12 PM

Thanks for this....... I said this exact same thing about 45 minutes ago. Such a long way to go to do the interview when it could have been done in a local studio in Jax.

petra
01-22-2010, 02:13 PM

This is the third month anniversary of Somer's death.
I am so glad Somer's murder gone national press at this time.
It is so hard to keep stories missing and murdered persons out there.
Thanks to god morn for inviting DT.
At least the story is still alive, getting attention--they talked about reward fund, tip line....i hope it generates some tips.
I just hope it never gets to be a cold case.
Any attention keeps the momentum going.
Justice for Somer--that tome is the message that came across.

human
01-22-2010, 02:14 PM
I know the question has been posed here today as to the location the dogs lost Somer's scent.

I knew we had discussed that here before, but i went out to the newlinks looking for documentation and reports on it.. i couldn't find ANY! Other than hearsay on multiple boards which all say "by the Gano house".. I will keep looking - but i agree - it's something to try and nail down for logistical reasons.

I'll post a link if/when i find it :)

There was a news report I saw. I can't remember the day. It showed someone talking to a reporter. The person was working with the dogs and said that they lost the scent on the street a little past the Gano house. But I wasn't paying that much attention.

Maybe Noway has it on her list of things to look at.

BTW, NoWay has a beyond excellent list that has tons of stuff if people want to look at it. It might point you in the direction of what you are looking for.

May I suggest instead of saying we need to sleuth, that people actually do look at some of these things . Many that have gone before you have put tons of work into it. There are maps, video's, interviews, news stories.

Many of us have looked at them and come to some conclusions from them. But it certainly doesn't hurt to have new eyes.

human
01-22-2010, 02:16 PM
I think those are good questions.

Is the JAX office considered the main office? I have worked for companies in one location, but I give the corporate address for my employer info. If it's not the main office then it is a question that I would like to know an answer to.

I imagine it could be considered to be the main address. But on the police report, people aren't asking for your resume. The police are looking for info.

Not being snarky, here.. Just doesn't make sense.

petra
01-22-2010, 02:16 PM
Thanks for this....... I said this exact same thing about 45 minutes ago. Such a long way to go to do the interview when it could have been done in a local studio in Jax.

Oh...for heavens sake-
I would crawl on my knees to the other side of the earth to get my message out about my murdered child--
wouldn't any parent???????:waitasec:

linagal
01-22-2010, 02:22 PM
I imagine it could be considered to be the main address. But on the police report, people aren't asking for your resume. The police are looking for info.

Not being snarky, here.. Just doesn't make sense.

I completely agree with you. But, I was trying to find a justification for the discrepancy. In my scenario, the company I worked for had a location on about every street corner (CVS) and I worked in various stores depending on the need.

Have we determined that she worked in OP that day for sure? I know I read it in a comment on another site, but has it been confirmed?

Rhyme & Reason
01-22-2010, 02:23 PM
This is the third month anniversary of Somer's death.
I am so glad Somer's murder gone national press at this time.
It is so hard to keep stories missing and murdered persons out there.
Thanks to god morn for inviting DT.
At least the story is still alive, getting attention--they talked about reward fund, tip line....i hope it generates some tips.
I just hope it never gets to be a cold case.
Any attention keeps the momentum going.
Justice for Somer--that tome is the message that came across.

They didn't invite her, she invited herself.

petra
01-22-2010, 02:24 PM
Ok. We know you love DT. No matter how many times it's said, people are making their own determinations of why they think certain things based on knowledge and past experiences

On the MPR, she gives the Jacksonville address, but it appears she worked at OP that day. What happened in the intervening time?

A person that works with her states that AT calls everyday. So why did DT have to call SP?

I think she called SP because she did not hear from AT----I am assuming that AT would call her after she and the twins got home from school (not during school or on her way home). AT may not have had time to call because she went out to look for Somer and DT was worried she didn't hear from her and called/texted SP. jmo

SportsMom2helpkids
01-22-2010, 02:25 PM
Oh...for heavens sake-
I would crawl on my knees to the other side of the earth to get my message out about my murdered child--
wouldn't any parent???????:waitasec:

:waitasec: Just a note there is a studio in Jax downtown that can plug into these shows and station to do live interviews.

petra
01-22-2010, 02:27 PM
They didn't invite her, she invited herself.

Well then good for her for inviting herself and for godmorn agreeing to have her on ! If they didn't feel the story and that Somer's murder anniversary was news worthy, they would have said no.

petra
01-22-2010, 02:35 PM
:waitasec: Just a note there is a studio in Jax downtown that can plug into these shows and station to do live interviews.

This is good to know for reference. There have been and are numerous families of missing and murdered in the area that have begged for press and media attention. I think we should add them as a resource/connection above if they are willing to air such stories at request.
Thanks for this good news.
Do you have a contact name, number, email?
Let us get some more attention to the missing, murdered and cold cases!!!!

SportsMom2helpkids
01-22-2010, 02:43 PM
This is good to know for reference. There have been and are numerous families of missing and murdered in the area that have begged for press and media attention. I think we should add them as a reference/connection above if they are willing to air such stories at request.
Thanks for this good news.
Do you have a contact name, number, email?
Let us get some more attention to the missing, murdered and cold cases!!!!

Hawlk Studios in downtown Jax does this they have been known to plug into CNN and Nancy Grace and the Morning show also plus many more. But I do think the shows actually have to request the interviews. That's why I said it could have been done from there in Jax instead of New York.

human
01-22-2010, 02:44 PM
I completely agree with you. But, I was trying to find a justification for the discrepancy. In my scenario, the company I worked for had a location on about every street corner (CVS) and I worked in various stores depending on the need.

Have we determined that she worked in OP that day for sure? I know I read it in a comment on another site, but has it been confirmed?

No, it hasn't been confirmed. Perhaps her co-worker lied and said that she was working at the OP office thinking that helps DT.

One never knows people motivations.

petra
01-22-2010, 02:45 PM

He also brought up the ""crime of opportunity"" theory and that circa 75 kids were walking home in that direction that day.

I think this is very likely--it is such a small window of time. Very scary.
Guess anything is possible.
Hoping they catch this monster soon

human
01-22-2010, 02:46 PM
I think she called SP because she did not hear from AT----I am assuming that AT would call her after she and the twins got home from school (not during school or on her way home). AT may not have had time to call because she went out to look for Somer and DT was worried she didn't hear from her and called/texted SP. jmo

Why didn't DT call AT if she didn't hear from AT? I am basing this on what appears to me that AT might have had a cell phone? The person that said that DT was working at OP said that AT called her every day. Isn't 4 a little late to start wondering where your children are and why they aren't calling when they have left school around 2:30?

Dr.Fessel
01-22-2010, 02:50 PM

Do you the where and the how of this interview was done was left up to DT.?

Dr.Fessel
01-22-2010, 02:54 PM
Hawlk Studios in downtown Jax does this they have been known to plug into CNN and Nancy Grace and the Morning show also plus many more. But I do think the shows actually have to request the interviews. That's why I said it could have been done from there in Jax instead of New York.

DT does not produce the show. I really don't think it was left up to her to decide that question.

petra
01-22-2010, 02:54 PM
No, it hasn't been confirmed. Perhaps her co-worker lied and said that she was working at the OP office thinking that helps DT.

One never knows people motivations.

I need to go back and check. But I thought it was posted here by someone that uses that office that the OP office is only opened part time and has one dentist (and one receptionist).
Seems to be that was way back-30 threads or so.....
But wouldn't they also have a dental assistant??
I think I may just have to call the office and ask--alot easier than searching the threads!!

If DT worked in the OP office that day and it actually has that few people, that maybe why she left without telling anyone --which was also said by a co-worker.

All heresay.

petra
01-22-2010, 03:05 PM
Why didn't DT call AT if she didn't hear from AT? I am basing this on what appears to me that AT might have had a cell phone? The person that said that DT was working at OP said that AT called her every day. Isn't 4 a little late to start wondering where your children are and why they aren't calling when they have left school around 2:30?

Good points.
I think it was said that the kids get home around 3.05-3.10.
And didn't DT call/text SP then or did SP call /text DT first??
I don't know if that has been established as fact.
SP supposedly asked AT to go back out to look for Somer and she was gone for 15 min or so, before asked to go out again. Maybe she didn't take her cell if she had one, or used homephone every day to talk to her mom upon arrival home.
And didn't DT get to the park around 4?

I don't think we will ever know the hard facts about lots of things--just my guesses.

Dee10
01-22-2010, 03:06 PM
I need to go back and check. But I thought it was posted here by someone that uses that office that the OP office is only opened part time and has one dentist (and one receptionist).
Seems to be that was way back-30 threads or so.....
But wouldn't they also have a dental assistant??
I think I may just have to call the office and ask--alot easier than searching the threads!!

If DT worked in the OP office that day and it actually has that few people, that maybe why she left without telling anyone --which was also said by a co-worker.

All heresay.

It makes sense she was working in OP, given she came home for lunch. My 2 lines of thinking if she left without telling anyone, she may have thought she would be back in a jiff or she was really mad.

petra
01-22-2010, 03:12 PM
It makes sense she was working in OP, given she came home for lunch. My 2 lines of thinking if she left without telling anyone, she may have thought she would be back in a jiff or she was really mad.

I agree.
Maybe even scared.

Dee10
01-22-2010, 03:14 PM
Has anyone EVER heard of a case this was done before?

Detective Kenny West is the lead
investigator on the case and one of his
roles was to interact closely with the family,
keeping them apprised of everything that
was happening. Because the case was so
huge, however, Singletary was assigned to
stay with the family - and he was there night
and day for three weeks. He believes it was
a good decision to place an officer in the home
because he was there to answer questions,
explain the reasons for police actions and the
process involved in seeking (then preserving)
evidence, assist with the media, and support
the traumatized mother any way he
could.

http://www.justicecoalition.org/newspaper/January2010/VAjan~8.pdf (http://www.justicecoalition.org/newspaper/January2010/VAjan%7E8.pdf)

petra
01-22-2010, 03:29 PM

could.

http://www.justicecoalition.org/newspaper/January2010/VAjan~8.pdf

Thanks for the link. Good find.
I haven't seen this article before.
That explains the patrol car outside.

I know LE does this in the UK all the time- esp with child murder cases.
An officer is assigned to be with the family for as long as needed.
I have to think a bit to see if I can recall a US case.

Dr.Fessel
01-22-2010, 03:32 PM

could.

http://www.justicecoalition.org/newspaper/January2010/VAjan~8.pdf (http://www.justicecoalition.org/newspaper/January2010/VAjan%7E8.pdf)

I think this happened because Governor Crist got involved in the case right at the start. I think alot of things we usually do not see in cases is because of his being there.

human
01-22-2010, 03:34 PM
Good points.
I think it was said that the kids get home around 3.05-3.10.
And didn't DT call/text SP then or did SP call /text DT first??
I don't know if that has been established as fact.
SP supposedly asked AT to go back out to look for Somer and she was gone for 15 min or so, before asked to go out again. Maybe she didn't take her cell if she had one, or used homephone every day to talk to her mom upon arrival home.
And didn't DT get to the park around 4?

I don't think we will ever know the hard facts about lots of things--just my guesses.

If you read the MPR, I think you can deduce that DT texted SP at 4.

Dr.Fessel
01-22-2010, 03:38 PM
So this Hats Off is not just for the Clay
County Sheriff’s Office - from PIO Mary
Justino (who so efficiently kept us all
informed) to Sheriff Beseler and all his officers
to other law enforcement agencies - but it
includes everyone who helped, each in
his/her own way, to ease the awful burden
created by the tragic death of a beautiful little
girl.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4717684&posted=1#post4717684

petra
01-22-2010, 03:40 PM
I think this happened because Governor Crist got involved in the case right at the start. I think alot of things we usually do not see in cases is because of his being there.

Any reason that you think he got involved in this case from the beginning?

At the bottom of the linked article from Dee, I see that there are 8 missing children from the area (7 missing since Nov 09) that they are seeking help to find. Pictures included.
Hoping they can get all get media attention and are found safe and soon!!

Dee10
01-22-2010, 03:44 PM

could.

Wondering why then she needed a lawyer to assist with the media and be a go between with LE as was specified by DT & her lawyer? This seems very odd & unusual.

Dr.Fessel
01-22-2010, 03:46 PM

At the bottom of the linked article from Dee, I see that there are 8 missing children from the area (7 missing since Nov 09) that they are seeking help to find. Pictures included.
Hoping they can get all get media attention and are found safe and soon!! He was standing with the Sheriff when he reported the body was found. He then went to DT's to meet with the family.

New1
01-22-2010, 03:47 PM
Sadnpod:

Jmo

BBM

I'm going back to look at that interview. I was interrupted during the time it was playing, but up until that time, I am one of those who saw NO tears fall -just her wiping the corners of her eyes. If, after watching it again, I do see tears, I will let everyone know if i did.

Dr.Fessel
01-22-2010, 03:48 PM
BBM

I'm going back to look at that interview. I was interrupted during the time it was playing, but up until that time, I am one of those who saw NO tears fall -just her wiping the corners of her eyes. If, after watching it again, I do see tears, I will let everyone know if i did. I saw them.

petra
01-22-2010, 03:49 PM
If you read the MPR, I think you can deduce that DT texted SP at 4.

Thanks.
I did read it several times and I am sorry to say I am too short of time to locate it again.
Appreciate your help.
Hope we get a sub-forum soon.......

So....since 4 is the time DT texted SP, the question asked above-- did DT talk to AT at all before that time and if not why not?? if this was a daily routine is a good one-----

Did co-worker state what time DT spoke with AT every day? Maybe it was 4 or after?

petra
01-22-2010, 03:52 PM
He was standing with the Sheriff when he reported the body was found. He then went to DT's to meet with the family.

Yes, I remember that.

I must have misunderstood, I thought it was meant he was involved from the 19th when Somer went missing.

pinamia
01-22-2010, 03:53 PM
I saw them.

So did I. :(

Noway
01-22-2010, 03:57 PM
There was a news report I saw. I can't remember the day. It showed someone talking to a reporter. The person was working with the dogs and said that they lost the scent on the street a little past the Gano house. But I wasn't paying that much attention.

Maybe Noway has it on her list of things to look at.

BTW, NoWay has a beyond excellent list that has tons of stuff if people want to look at it. It might point you in the direction of what you are looking for.

May I suggest instead of saying we need to sleuth, that people actually do look at some of these things . Many that have gone before you have put tons of work into it. There are maps, video's, interviews, news stories.

Many of us have looked at them and come to some conclusions from them. But it certainly doesn't hurt to have new eyes.

BBM

Thank you for that ... it is thanks to the beyond excellent people here that I was able to create it ...

I keep waiting for the subforum to pop up and I've become lazy about posting it in the new threads ... mostly because I felt that nobody was reading it anyway.

I'll find it and post again here ... or a link anyway. I know it was January 18 around 7:24 p.m. or so that I posted it. ;)

petra
01-22-2010, 04:03 PM
Wondering why then she needed a lawyer to assist with the media and be a go between with LE as was specified by DT & her lawyer? This seems very odd & unusual.

Perhaps she didn't NEED a lawyer but WANTED one--he offered his services probono, I believe.
I could see how she would take him up on his offer. She was/is the only one who seems to be speaking out for her child's death --all alone.

That has to be very, very lonely and scary place to be at such a horrific time. And itis three months now with nothing--LE is not updating the public even with no news.

I see the lawyer as a support person and guiding force. We all need that.

petra
01-22-2010, 04:04 PM
So did I. :(

Me too--heartbreaking.

Noway
01-22-2010, 04:04 PM
Links to previous threads (1-32)

Could only get cached versions of these Thread 33 cached (http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache:VpeNCHqH41EJ:boardreader.com/thread/FL_Somer_Renee_Thompson_7_Orange_Park_Th_1kaX1zyr. html+somer+thompson+and+websleuths+and+33&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us) and Thread 34 cached (http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache:JV83SdlUbcsJ:boardreader.com/thread/FL_Somer_Renee_Thompson_Orange_Park_Thre_1kaX208b. html+somer+thompson+and+websleuths+and+33&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us)

Facts as reported by the media (Facts I) Somer, Diena, Sam Sr., Siblings, Friends and Family

Facts as reported by the media (Facts (II) Gano house, LE, garbage/landfill videos and others

Useful Links (links to photos, maps, Florida govt. links.)

Thankfully, Thread 35 was not closed yet. ;) ... and I was able to Quote it and get the links working easily.

New1
01-22-2010, 04:13 PM
Ok, I watched the video AGAIN, specifically looking for tears and I SAW NOT ONE FALL. She made crying sounds and dabbed at her eyes, but when I looked at her eyes and cheeks for tears I saw none. Maybe my eyes are really bad.

Dr.Fessel
01-22-2010, 04:16 PM
Yes, I remember that.

I must have misunderstood, I thought it was meant he was involved from the 19th when Somer went missing.

The Governor might have been involved from day one. I do not know that for sure but this was a very hot case, it went national very fast and it appears FL has had it's share with missing children cases that go national. I think the Governor wanted to do everything in his power to find the persons responsible and show a good face to the nation how they do a missing child/murder case and how they support the family.

pinamia
01-22-2010, 04:32 PM
Ok, I watched the video AGAIN, specifically looking for tears and I SAW NOT ONE FALL. She made crying sounds and dabbed at her eyes, but when I looked at her eyes and cheeks for tears I saw none. Maybe my eyes are really bad.

6:16-6:18

http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-us&brand=msnbc

New1
01-22-2010, 04:34 PM
I saw them.

then all I can say to that is YOUR EYES ARE BETTER THAN MINE.

Dr.Fessel
01-22-2010, 04:40 PM

There are more if you watch close, and it comes out that side because she has her head tilted.

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg216/kensaroo/dt.jpg

human
01-22-2010, 04:45 PM

Hoping they can get all get media attention and are found safe and soon!!

Isn't he running for Gov and it might be touch and go?

Better get out there for those photo ops and show you're tough on crime.

Dr.Fessel
01-22-2010, 04:48 PM
Isn't he running for Gov and it might be touch and go?

Better get out there for those photo ops and show you're tough on crime.

I think that was a lot of it. Very political.

New1
01-22-2010, 05:02 PM
6:16-6:18

http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-us&brand=msnbc

If you see them, fine...but I do not. I even paused it at the mark you said look at. Just because I don't see them, does not mean they are not there, but I still do not see tears . I am not saying there are none, I'm saying I can't see them.

pinamia
01-22-2010, 05:07 PM
If you see them, fine...but I do not. I even paused it at the mark you said look at. Just because I don't see them, does not mean they are not there, but I still do not see tears . I am not saying there are none, I'm saying I can't see them.

Full screen it and then watch right before she wipes. It's a huge tear on the side. It never gets to the cheek because she wipes. I had to look so carefully but I found it.

Emma Peel
01-22-2010, 05:13 PM
BBM

Thank you for that ... it is thanks to the beyond excellent people here that I was able to create it ...

I keep waiting for the subforum to pop up and I've become lazy about posting it in the new threads ... mostly because I felt that nobody was reading it anyway.

I'll find it and post again here ... or a link anyway. I know it was January 18 around 7:24 p.m. or so that I posted it. ;)

Noway, I read hear quite often, and I appreciate your level of organization and all your hard work. And I've read it all Appreciate everyone else's work too. I know it's the work of a community focused on keeping this child's case alive and frustrated by lack of info. I hope you get some info or news soon, or at least some movement. It's so hard to wait, and in slow times folks can get a bit testy and creative, but ... take it from a Caylee/Haleigh follower - you'll have your day when things will start to make sense - and you'll be very glad you've catalogued all the work done here. imo

:clap:

Kimberlyd125
01-22-2010, 05:19 PM

Just got home from work. Catching up and have not read thru yet, but since this is directed to me...I will respond.

This has NOTHING to do with my love or lack of love for DT or anyone else for that matter.

You brought up the tear ducts in the outsite corner of eyes, then when I tried to talk about it, you talk about everybody defending DT instead of looking at the evidence. :waitasec: I saw evidence of tears! I really don't care what corner they came out of. They were there. It saddens me this woman has had to endure the pain and torment that she has. She lost her daughter.

Why does it appear she worked in the Orange Park office that day? Because someone commented on a message board that she did?
Is this evidence? IMO we don't know who put that there or why. Comments on a message board are rumor. No way to tell if it is fact. I will not treat it as fact.

Maybe DT called SP because she had not heard from AT yet. Because SP had sent her back out to look for Somer.

This is my response to your questions. They are my opinion.

You wanna look at evidence, well let's do that.
I'd much rather do that than sit here and go frame by frame on a video and look for any little thing DT is not doing right or "normal" for a grieving mother.

jokie7348
01-22-2010, 05:19 PM
I have read this forum since the beginning. I haven't posted very much here because of all the disagreements about inconsequential issues. Today there have been several pages debating whether DT had tears or not. I can't help wondering why does that matter? It's not about her or her tears or "rock" or the fact that she even gave an interview.
NOT on DT's side, NOT on anybody's side. There is absolutely no evidence that has been released that would lead to Somer's murderer.
I did note that the lawyer talked about it being a crime of opportunity, that the perp might be a first timer and would never do it again. I found that interesting.

Overall, I thought it was a pretty good interview. Not that it matters toward the case, but just weighing in, I did see tears on the outer side of the left eye. She seemed distressed; she did say specifically that she had to live to take care of her remaining children.
I think this forum, thread, or whatever you call it is having squabbles because there is no real evidence or leads to discuss. Well.....JMOO....and back to lurking.

Kimberlyd125
01-22-2010, 05:23 PM
I have read this forum since the beginning. I haven't posted very much here because of all the disagreements about inconsequential issues. Today there have been several pages debating whether DT had tears or not. I can't help wondering why does that matter? It's not about her or her tears or "rock" or the fact that she even gave an interview.
NOT on DT's side, NOT on anybody's side. There is absolutely no evidence that has been released that would lead to Somer's murderer.
I did note that the lawyer talked about it being a crime of opportunity, that the perp might be a first timer and would never do it again. I found that interesting.
Also, near the end when the interviewer asked if DT still felt "they're coming to get you" feeling toward the murderer, whether it is a HE or SHE, DT said, "It's a man." Wonder if she has been told that bY LE or just assuming.
Overall, I thought it was a pretty good interview. Not that it matters toward the case, but just weighing in, I did see tears on the outer side of the left eye. She seemed distressed; she did say specifically that she had to live to take care of her remaining children.
I think this forum, thread, or whatever you call it is having squabbles because there is no real evidence or leads to discuss. Well.....JMOO....and back to lurking.

I believe she said "It's an IT"

Kimberlyd125
01-22-2010, 05:32 PM
Perhaps she didn't NEED a lawyer but WANTED one--he offered his services probono, I believe.
I could see how she would take him up on his offer. She was/is the only one who seems to be speaking out for her child's death --all alone.

That has to be very, very lonely and scary place to be at such a horrific time. And itis three months now with nothing--LE is not updating the public even with no news.

I see the lawyer as a support person and guiding force. We all need that.

Very well said and I couldn't agree more.

JustPeachy
01-22-2010, 05:43 PM
I think that was a lot of it. Very political.

Gov Crist has never met a camera he didn't love. He has also announced he is running for a vacant US Senate Seat.

sadnpod
01-22-2010, 05:45 PM
I really felt for her in this interview.It is very sad.I feel they said the focus needs to stay on finding the killer and the investigation and I think it does.

Me too. But maybe they are one and the same. Ive never thought DT did this, but lately, Im beginning to wonder what all the lies are really about.:waitasec:

jokie7348
01-22-2010, 05:45 PM
Kimberly,
Thanks for the correction. You are exactly right; she did say "It's an It." Hearing isn't what it used to be I guess.
I did notice, on viewing the interview again, that the shots of her hands and the "rock" someone described were actually shots of a button picture of Somer.

pinamia
01-22-2010, 05:48 PM
Me too. But maybe they are one and the same. Ive never thought DT did this, but lately, Im beginning to wonder what all the lies are really about.:waitasec:

People lie for many reasons. I truly believe DT is in self preservation mode. She didn't have to appear on TV again but perhaps she wants to keep Somer in the news. I'm surprise that she doesn't plead with anyone having information. I guess they don't want any more false leads.

sadnpod
01-22-2010, 05:58 PM
People lie for many reasons. I truly believe DT is in self preservation mode. She didn't have to appear on TV again but perhaps she wants to keep Somer in the news. I'm surprise that she doesn't plead with anyone having information. I guess they don't want any more false leads.

Im with you, well up to the false leads. Leads that turn out to be false are better than no leads at all, at least in my opinion. She didnt have to appear on tv again, except she needs to defend herself about that article and it would also be nice to show the public some pics of somer that make her look like a clean, well taken care of little girl instead of the version in most the pics we have looked at for three months, where, in my opinion, her hair is dirty and she looks unkempt.

Kimberlyd125
01-22-2010, 06:01 PM
I think every picture I've seen of Somer has been beautiful.

I've not seen one where she looked dirty or unkept.

Snap shots or action photos look different than a school/studio photo.
IMO

Emma Peel
01-22-2010, 06:06 PM
FWIW...I've watched all Diena's interviews, and with every one she has these odd affectations. Odd transitions between losing it, and assertiveness. To me, she comes across as a self-conscious, perhaps self-centered person in general - she does sort of light up when it's about her. However, she most definitely, and understandably falls apart when it's about Somer. I don't think either emotion is disingenuous; I get the impression that this is just the way she is. Enjoys being the center of attention, talking about herself, assertive, even aggressive. At the same time, she has always displayed and admitted, IMO, an appropriate amount of guilt over all the things she could have done differently such that Somer would not have become victim of an opportunist. She is honest that the perpetrator might even be an acquaintance. So the spotlight mom and the grieving mom - both emotions/personas are real, but combined together, in every interview, her complete devastation over Somer juxtaposed against her heightened awareness/enjoyment of attention in general feels incongruous. I definitely get why she confuses people. She's a bit odd this way. Were I (Lord forbid) in her position, I'd NEVER do interviews without my counsel at my side. He should have been there for her earlier interviews. That shows good judgement, and I'm glad someone's stepped up to take care of this need for her. With her tendency to be either over-excited or devastated, today I felt her counsel helped her maintain some level of composure. Good for her for keeping Somer's case in the spotlight. IMO.

Kimberlyd125
01-22-2010, 06:06 PM
So, I guess DT should not go on TV and keep Somer's story in the national spot light.
I guess everyone should just forget about Somer.

IMO at least DT is trying to keep Somer in the view of others, so we don't forget her. I think it's a good thing to do to mark the 3 month anniversary of this tragedy.
She's trying to remind people this can happen to our children.

Like one poster said earlier, she's the only one who seems to be doing this. Where's the rest of Somer's family?

pinamia
01-22-2010, 06:11 PM
Im with you, well up to the false leads. Leads that turn out to be false are better than no leads at all, at least in my opinion. She didnt have to appear on tv again, except she needs to defend herself about that article and it would also be nice to show the public some pics of somer that make her look like a clean, well taken care of little girl instead of the version in most the pics we have looked at for three months, where, in my opinion, her hair is dirty and she looks unkempt.

I loved seeing the photos of an older more mature Somer. She looks like a model. RIP Somer. I've been waiting for a long time to see these photos and the one without proof written on it. I wanted to find a way to get rid of proof so I could see how gorgeous this little girl was recently. Just a dream girl.

petra
01-22-2010, 06:12 PM

(I wish I could write this in my native language. )

This is Somer's thread--a little girl who went missing and was murdered on her way home from school three months ago.

It breaks my heart as a human being for thoughts like this to even being posted on the worldwide web.
Does it really matter what Somer looked like in some old photos?
Honestly--my hand is shaking as I type this.

Ms Suzanne
01-22-2010, 06:14 PM

I do not see any pictures of Somer where she looks unkept.She looks very well cared for.She does not look under nourished.She looks happy.

Kimberlyd125
01-22-2010, 06:19 PM
I can't for the life of me ever remember looking at a picutre of Somer and thinking anything but beauty.

The thought NEVER crossed my mind that her hair looked dirty or that she looked unkept.

pinamia
01-22-2010, 06:21 PM
I know what you mean but don't take offense. Sometimes we wait so long for the best photos and it just doesn't show what the person looks like. It's nice to finally see what Somer looked like recently. I loved the pool shots but they didn't show her at her true light. She wasn't dirty just wet as pool shots are. When hair gets wet some can't really see her true beauty, although I did. She was just such a beauty, by far the best looking kid there, in my eyes though.

Ms Suzanne
01-22-2010, 06:30 PM
They are all beautiful pictures of Somer.They are all Somers mother has now because of the D*** who killed her little girl.Be mad at the right person.

pinamia
01-22-2010, 06:36 PM
They are all beautiful pictures of Somer.They are all Somers mother has now because the D*** who killed her little girl.Be mad at the right person.

I hope they catch him before any of us do.:furious:

petra
01-22-2010, 06:40 PM
They are all beautiful pictures of Somer.They are all Somers mother has now because the D*** who killed her little girl.Be mad at the right person.

I never though of it this way.
You are so right--no more photos of little Somer. How sad is this............
Her life was cut so short.

Hoping they catch this murderer soon.

human
01-22-2010, 06:40 PM
so does anyone have anything they have sleuthed that makes you go, "Huh?" or leads to some new questions?

BTW-the Homeland Security is looking at hiring some kind of firm to read people's faces to see if they are possibly terrorists or up to no good. So there must be something to all of this.

Ms Suzanne
01-22-2010, 06:42 PM
I hope they catch him before any of us do.:furious:

They don't like child killers in prison.I do not feel sorry for Somers killer.

Dr.Fessel
01-22-2010, 06:43 PM
Did anyone ever find out who is the partner with Vinson in his business? I ask this since he was questioned for hours.

Kimberlyd125
01-22-2010, 06:49 PM
I still think there is a lot more to the whole Vinson / Kyle / Somer's house / Gano house thing.

I was hoping more info would come of the evidence they collected. Do we know for sure or not that the tests have come back?

I thought they were still waiting but the news piece before DT's interview this morning made it sound like the tests had come back and they didn't really find anything with them.

Kimberlyd125
01-22-2010, 06:57 PM
Ok my head is splitting. Gonna take a break.

See y'all later.

Angel Who Cares
01-22-2010, 06:59 PM
Today Show Video: Somer Thompson case turns cold7:51
Jan. 22: Three months after her death, police in Florida struggle to solve the murder of 7-year-old Somer Thompson. Diena Thompson, Somer's mother, and her attorney, Mike Freed, speak with TODAY's Meredith Vieira about the ongoing investigation.
Today Show Video Player

:angel:

pinamia
01-22-2010, 07:01 PM
I still think there is a lot more to the whole Vinson / Kyle / Somer's house / Gano house thing.

I was hoping more info would come of the evidence they collected. Do we know for sure or not that the tests have come back?

I thought they were still waiting but the news piece before DT's interview this morning made it sound like the tests had come back and they didn't really find anything with them.

It's discouraging to say the least. I think LE may have messed things up somehow. If they were honest in the beginning about the cause of death, sexual assault etc, it would have been better. There were lots of false leads as well that made things worse. This monster has gotten away with it so far.

Dee10
01-22-2010, 07:06 PM

Yes, that is way is sounded from the beginning news report to me as well. Seems there is no match to the Vinsons.

I am sure there will always be new DNA coming in continuously as they interview new people KWIM?

zannah
01-22-2010, 07:21 PM
All the talk about Somer's pictures brought to mind an area I don't recall anyone looking at: who does the school photography there? Seems like the pictures would have been taken not long before she disappeared.

human
01-22-2010, 07:23 PM
What do you all think about the lawsuit whee it states that Vinson worked at the DT home? Lawyer is sadly mistaken?

If he is, the suit will be thrown out faster than you can say VD and B.

zannah
01-22-2010, 07:38 PM
What do you all think about the lawsuit whee it states that Vinson worked at the DT home? Lawyer is sadly mistaken?

If he is, the suit will be thrown out faster than you can say VD and B.

I can't imagine Gannett's lawyers having any trouble getting that case dismissed regardless. If their reporting contained any false statements, I don't know what they were. And truth is an absolute defense to a defamation suit.

Defamation, slander, libel in FL defined here:
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1007384/posts

What I really don't understand is what they hope to gain from the suit, why now, and why pick a personal injury attorney to handle it. Is is just a "lotto" mentality going after deep pockets and hoping something sticks? Is it a "good offense is the best defense" thing? Kinda puzzling to me.

New1
01-22-2010, 08:33 PM
Just got home from work. Catching up and have not read thru yet, but since this is directed to me...I will respond.

This has NOTHING to do with my love or lack of love for DT or anyone else for that matter.

You brought up the tear ducts in the outsite corner of eyes, then when I tried to talk about it, you talk about everybody defending DT instead of looking at the evidence. :waitasec: I saw evidence of tears! I really don't care what corner they came out of. They were there. It saddens me this woman has had to endure the pain and torment that she has. She lost her daughter.

Why does it appear she worked in the Jax office that day? Because someone commented on a message board that she did?
Is this evidence? IMO we don't know who put that there or why. Comments on a message board are rumor. No way to tell if it is fact. I will not treat it as fact.

Maybe DT called SP because she had not heard from AT yet. Because SP had sent her back out to look for Somer.

This is my response to your questions. They are my opinion.

You wanna look at evidence, well let's do that.
I'd much rather do that than sit here and go frame by frame on a video and look for any little thing DT is not doing right or "normal" for a grieving mother.

BBM

No, because that was the address used for her place of employment on the MPR. It's a FACT that the Jacksonville office is listed on the MPR.

Ms Suzanne
01-22-2010, 08:42 PM
so does anyone have anything they have sleuthed that makes you go, "Huh?" or leads to some new questions?

BTW-the Homeland Security is looking at hiring some kind of firm to read people's faces to see if they are possibly terrorists or up to no good. So there must be something to all of this.

Well,I'm interested in this.For the things to look for in Somers killer after the murder.It says this.I am interested in why they said work vehicle and not just someones vehicle.What made them think someones work vehicle?

1. No longer operating their work vehicle for any reason, including reporting it stolen, giving it away or hiding it in a garage.

Dr.Fessel
01-22-2010, 08:49 PM
Well,I'm interested in this.For the things to look for in Somers killer after the murder.It says this.I am interested in why they said work vehicle and not just someones vehicle.What made them think someones work vehicle?

1. No longer operating their work vehicle for any reason, including reporting it stolen, giving it away or hiding it in a garage.

You know that is strange. It was almost like the cops were telling the perp not to do that.

New1
01-22-2010, 08:50 PM

BBM

I thought they said this too, until I listened to it again. The Sheriff said "no longer operating their work or PERSONAL vehicle."

Dee10
01-22-2010, 08:54 PM
BBM

No, because that was the address used for her place of employment on the MPR. It's a FACT that the Jacksonville office is listed on the MPR.

It is a fact, that DT put this address on the police report, but they have two offices. The OP office is within walking distance from her home & the children's schools. We know by the MPR according to DT she went home to have lunch with SP. There has always been a question if she worked at the Jacksonville office, was the story of lunch possible time-wise? The co-worker in the paper stated she worked at the OP office on this particular day, which leads credence to her being home at lunch vs not adding up time-wise for a lunch break? Yes, you have to take everyone & what they say with a grain of salt...but to me, this rings true (knowing there are two offices).

ETA so the OP makes sense or DT's story on lunch is NOT hinky to the timeline. That is why it is so important to establish where she was that day, I also hope that justice is found along with everyone else here, of course!!!

Ms Suzanne
01-22-2010, 08:57 PM
You know that is strange. It was almost like the cops were telling the perp not to do that.

Maybe she was found in some kind of work related item or something or work related things were found with her.

Ms Suzanne
01-22-2010, 09:00 PM
[/B]

BBM

I thought they said this too, until I listened to it again. The Sheriff said "no longer operating their work or PERSONAL vehicle."

Oh well.I guess that doesn't narrow it down.Sigh.Ok,Thank you.May I ask where you heard this.I got what I had from the AMW site.

Dee10
01-22-2010, 09:01 PM

WHAT????...they came out with this over a week or so later after.

Dr.Fessel
01-22-2010, 09:05 PM
WHAT????...they came out with this over a week or so later after.

Really? It seemed shortly after she was found to me but that has been along time ago.

Snufamonbobball
01-22-2010, 09:06 PM

I hate to say it, but their "profile" is nothing more than general characteristics some people show after commiting a crime. All it's designed to do is get people to take a closer look at the people near them.

Case in Point:
This link has nothing to do with Somer's case- this link is about the killings in Jennings, LA- but please click and go to the more information page. It is almost word for word what the sherrif released as a "profile" for Somer's case.

http://www.jeffdaviscrimes.net/

Their Non-profile profile is also designed to make the perp think that ANYTHING they do will be noticed.

I do hope they have a POI and they're just crossing their T's and dotting their I's. Everyday when I get up, I hope today's the day when they've made an arrest.

Kimberlyd125
01-22-2010, 09:14 PM
BBM

sorry, I meant orange park. Will go back and edit my post.
I knew she said Jax office. I just typed wrong in my post. That's a FACT

txsvicki
01-22-2010, 10:18 PM
I just watched the video of Diena and her attorney. I believe she was really crying and almost sobbing a few times, but was quickly able to compose herself to go on with the interview. Had to sniff a couple of times. She really looks good. I love the highlights in her hair. They showed her hands twice, and I'm wondering if she was wearing an engagement ring on her left hand?
What I found extremely odd and haven't seen mentioned is a couple of inconsistencies in the statements. Diena said the not knowing about what happened to Somer is hard because it might not have been as bad as some things she could imagine. Then later her attorney says that it was probably someone who had been "doing something they shouldn't be doing" and in their perversion took the opportunity to grab Somer, but may never do it again. What??? Never do it again, acting out one time from viewing child porn, yet will probably never do it again and what was done to Somer may not be as bad as they might have imagined. Okayyyy

Noway
01-22-2010, 10:21 PM
I had transcribed the snipped bit with the dog handler. I'm sure the link doesn't work because the videos all are going poof ...

So ... I don't know if you want to call this FACT or RUMOR.

Transcription by me. May not be exact.
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/default.aspx?maven_playerId=immersiveplayer

Melanie Russel – The dog handler whose dog Kaluha lost Somer’s scent at DeBarry and Gano.

REPORTER: We are 4 to 5 blocks from Somer's school, on Gano. Kahlua, the dog, is tracking the scent of a little girl.

MELANIE: I used her bed sheets.

REPORTER: Office Melanie Russell of St. John's County Sheriff's Department.

MELANIE: I just pass it under her nose; she knows that's what she ... the scent she needs to look for, and we're off.

REPORTER: But the conditions could be better.

MELANIE: If it was all grass or in the woods, it would be per -- ideal conditions. But unfortunately urban conditions like this, the scent is going to bake off the pavement, esp. of all the contamination of the cars going by, people walking by it blows the scent around. Scent's like smoke. So all that activity is blowing the smoke everywhere. So she might be walking on the opposite side of the street. All the activity is blowing the smoke

REPORTER: At least though it's not 85-90 degrees, when scents bake off she said. Kahlua lost the scent at this intersection of DeBarry and Gano.

Scents last a week, so is this where Somer possibly disappeared, or did Kahlua just pick up the scent of Somer's normal path home?

Noway
01-22-2010, 10:23 PM
That does not mean there wasn't another dog who didn't lose her scent. They only reported on Kahlua.

sadnpod
01-22-2010, 10:34 PM

To me it says it came back but everything they found was related to those whose they expected to find.:waitasec:

Noway
01-22-2010, 10:42 PM
Did anyone ever find out who is the partner with Vinson in his business? I ask this since he was questioned for hours.

https://www.myfloridalicense.com/LicenseDetail.asp?SID=&id=7D607AB6D28C3A2694C912C91DD2FAE6

He has no business partner listed. His sister is the one who referred to the business partner. I figured it was Kyle and tried to look up related licenses for Kyle with various last names of other key players, but came up empty handed.

From http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/special/somer/news-article.aspx?storyid=147122&catid=338

The Vinsons' sister Alissa Barrs, who lives at the same address in Mandarin as George Vinson, said her brothers have been questioned by police. She said on Friday afternoon that George Vinson, 33, worked at the Gano home about two months ago, but then found other work.

James Vinson and his business partner were interrogated for hours by detectives on Thursday, she said, and George Vinson was being questioned Friday.

sadnpod
01-22-2010, 10:42 PM
I just want to add that somer is beautful to me in every pic too. Her personality shines through. Her outer beauty does not matter to me in the least. But IMO, she was a neglected child and the earliest pics reflect that to me. Her pic displayed every where is what.. 3 yrs old?

The new pictures show her at her latest and yes they are beautiful. I wonder if they came from gma?

Dee10
01-22-2010, 10:45 PM
I just watched the video of Diena and her attorney. I believe she was really crying and almost sobbing a few times, but was quickly able to compose herself to go on with the interview. Had to sniff a couple of times. She really looks good. I love the highlights in her hair. They showed her hands twice, and I'm wondering if she was wearing an engagement ring on her left hand?
What I found extremely odd and haven't seen mentioned is a couple of inconsistencies in the statements. Diena said the not knowing about what happened to Somer is hard because it might not have been as bad as some things she could imagine. Then later her attorney says that it was probably someone who had been "doing something they shouldn't be doing" and in their perversion took the opportunity to grab Somer, but may never do it again. What??? Never do it again, acting out one time from viewing child porn, yet will probably never do it again and what was done to Somer may not be as bad as they might have imagined. Okayyyy

IMO that statement by the lawyer, " but may never do it again" was extremely odd. He said he wasn't in the loop (so to speak) with LE (wasn't he supposed to be a liaison) at least that is what was previously said by him...if not why say anything??? I have been on record of not having my mind made up in anyway; but the more theses two speak..make me think & question things. :banghead:

Noway
01-22-2010, 10:47 PM
I hoped they had unknown forensics (DNA) that had been found on Somer and hoped that when they tested known DNA (from RSOs, family, friends, coworkers, etc.) they would come up with a match.

If there was no stranger DNA on Somer, then would it not mean that she was killed by one of the people whose DNA was found on her?

That's what made me think there was stranger DNA on her ...

Since the keeping quiet hasn't worked very well for the Sheriff ... maybe he'd like to open up a bit.

Noway
01-22-2010, 10:49 PM
Did Diena's lawyer have a loved one who was a victim of human trafficking? Does anyone know how he and his wife got involved in this?

Dee10
01-22-2010, 11:39 PM
Did Diena's lawyer have a loved one who was a victim of human trafficking? Does anyone know how he and his wife got involved in this?

I did a searched last night & couldn't find a tie, may someone else found something?

SportsMom2helpkids
01-23-2010, 01:47 AM

I agree totally I seen NO TEARS

sadnpod
01-23-2010, 01:58 AM
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/mostpopular/news-article.aspx?storyid=133945&provider=top

Anyone wanna see if we can find any connections to somer?

SportsMom2helpkids
01-23-2010, 01:59 AM

I'm beginning to wonder also:waitasec:

sadnpod
01-23-2010, 01:59 AM
Goodnight all,

maybe today

mysticrose
01-23-2010, 02:02 AM
In this video here it states that the evidence collected is not back yet but expected soon.

http://www.news4jax.com/video/22318365/index.html

SportsMom2helpkids
01-23-2010, 02:18 AM
So, I guess DT should not go on TV and keep Somer's story in the national spot light.
I guess everyone should just forget about Somer.

IMO at least DT is trying to keep Somer in the view of others, so we don't forget her. I think it's a good thing to do to mark the 3 month anniversary of this tragedy.
She's trying to remind people this can happen to our children.

Like one poster said earlier, she's the only one who seems to be doing this. Where's the rest of Somer's family?

:waitasec:Maybe just maybe the rest of Somers family doesn't want to be in the media limelight and are still grieving in their on private way.

SportsMom2helpkids
01-23-2010, 02:47 AM
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/mostpopular/news-article.aspx?storyid=133945&provider=top

Thanks for this now this is worth looking into.

pinamia
01-23-2010, 03:37 AM
I had transcribed the snipped bit with the dog handler. I'm sure the link doesn't work because the videos all are going poof ...

Melanie Russel – The dog handler whose dog Kaluha lost Somer’s scent at DeBarry and Gano.

REPORTER: We are 4 to 5 blocks from Somer's school on Gano. Kahlua, the dog, is tracking the scent of a little girl.

MELANIE: I just pass it under her nose; she knows that's what she ... the scent she needs to look for, and we're off.

MELANIE: If it was all grass or in the woods, it would be per -- ideal conditions. But unfortunately urban conditions like this, the scent is going to bake off the pavement, esp. of all the contamination of the cars going by, people walking by it blows the scent around. Scent's like smoke. So all that activity is blowing the smoke everywhere. So she might be walking on the opposite side of the street. All the activity is blowing the smoke

REPORTER: At least though it's not 85-90 degrees, when scents bake off she said. Kahlua lost the scent at this intersection of DeBarry and Gano.

Scents last a week, so is this where Somer possibly disappeared, or did Kahlua just pick up the scent of Somer's normal path home?

It only means she was picked up by her killer that day. I think her killer had a car and she willingly went in. Now who would have a car that she would willingly go into. Has to be an authority figure or someone who has given her rides in the past. Not a stranger. Could be PC, very likely in my book.

human
01-23-2010, 03:50 AM
It only means she was picked up by her killer that day. I think her killer had a car and she willingly went in. Now who would have a car that she would willingly go into. Has to be an authority figure or someone who has given her rides in the past. Not a stranger. Could be PC, very likely in my book.

A dog can follow a scent even if someone gets into a car.

The missing scent is a mystery.

It's a busy street. Don't you think someone would have noticed a car stopping and picking her up? There's no place to park. I'm just wondering. Others have said she might have crossed to the park or gone on a side street without so much traffic.

I wonder how much traffic is on any other street.

Does anyone know what was going on in that park that day? They have many activities there. I wonder how many people were there and if she could have gone over there and not been noticed.

I looked on the OPAA website, but apparently no one keeps it up as nothing was posted for the month of October, although it appears that many activities go on there.

petra
01-23-2010, 04:02 AM
:waitasec:Maybe just maybe the rest of Somers family doesn't want to be in the media limelight and are still grieving in their on private way.

This is why I really admire DT for going public to keep the memory of Somer alive. Doing any presser has to be so difficult. I think she is a very strong, brave woman and mom to go in front of the media to let the public know that Somer's murderer has not been caught yet.
If no one speaks out, the case just fades away.
Keeping up media interest may just help to bring that one tip in that LE needs.

Ms Suzanne
01-23-2010, 10:16 AM

REPORTER: We are 4 to 5 blocks from Somer's school on Gano. Kahlua, the dog, is tracking the scent of a little girl.

Thank you.What is all around this area?

Ms Suzanne
01-23-2010, 10:20 AM
https://www.myfloridalicense.com/LicenseDetail.asp?SID=&id=7D607AB6D28C3A2694C912C91DD2FAE6

He has no business partner listed. His sister is the one who referred to the business partner. I figured it was Kyle and tried to look up related licenses for Kyle with various last names of other key players, but came up empty handed.

From http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/special/somer/news-article.aspx?storyid=147122&catid=338

The Vinsons' sister Alissa Barrs, who lives at the same address in Mandarin as George Vinson, said her brothers have been questioned by police. She said on Friday afternoon that George Vinson, 33, worked at the Gano home about two months ago, but then found other work.

James Vinson and his business partner were interrogated for hours by detectives on Thursday, she said, and George Vinson was being questioned Friday.

Thank you.I thought I remember an article say there was a 3 man crew.Who were they?I don't think GV was there any more.

Ms Suzanne
01-23-2010, 10:25 AM
I hoped they had unknown forensics (DNA) that had been found on Somer and hoped that when they tested known DNA (from RSOs, family, friends, coworkers, etc.) they would come up with a match.

If there was no stranger DNA on Somer, then would it not mean that she was killed by one of the people whose DNA was found on her?

That's what made me think there was stranger DNA on her ...

Since the keeping quiet hasn't worked very well for the Sheriff ... maybe he'd like to open up a bit.

I was thinking that too.The DNA came back and did not match anyone or it was contaminated or inconclusive.I agree maybe the sheriff should open up a little bit.

Kimberlyd125
01-23-2010, 11:02 AM

Or maybe you could say those who were not there for Somer in life are not there keeping her story alive now that she's gone.

DT was there for her in life and thank God she's there to keep her story alive now that she's gone.

Not all of America are WSers and are continuing to follow this case. Most people only have heard what has been on the national news.

I commend DT for not wanting the world to forget about Somer.

New1
01-23-2010, 12:10 PM
Oh well.I guess that doesn't narrow it down.Sigh.Ok,Thank you.May I ask where you heard this.I got what I had from the AMW site.

BBM

Straight from the Sheriff's mouth.

zannah
01-23-2010, 12:25 PM

I haven't located any direct connections. But in looking at him again, I pulled up an older address for him and when I mapped it, noticed a gray car in the driveway.

It brought to mind the other story of the guy in his 20's with black spiky hair following a girl near Cherry Elementary.
http://wokv.com/localnews/2009/11/another-possible-abduction-att.html

I am hopeless at identifying cars, but it did appear to be an older 4-door. This guy's probation was violated on 1-13 and it looks like he's being held without bond pre-trial on the impersonating an officer charge.

hoppyfrog
01-23-2010, 12:45 PM

Why couldn't it be a stranger who forced her into a car?

Hoppy

New1
01-23-2010, 01:02 PM
If the dogs lost her scent at Gano and Debarry, wouldn't she have already been PAST the burned house on Gano? If the scent could have been from days ago on her regular walk home, would it have just suddenly stopped before it went on to her home? If she was picked up by a car at the point they lost her scent, isn't there a crossing guard there at that intersection who would have seen it?

According to one WS member's son, who talked to the crossing guard at Grove Park and Gano, Somer never made it that far - just one house over from the 1080 Gano house. If she never made it that far, she never made it to Gano and Debarry where the dogs lost her scent. Unless she was somewhere else till the crossing guard at Gano and Grove Park and the one at Gano and Debarry had already gone for the day then made it to Gano and Debarry AFTER the crossing guards were gone. Does anyone know what time the crossing guards for those two intersections leave for the day?

Kimberlyd125
01-23-2010, 01:13 PM

but wasn't CP at work when DT called him to come home to help look for Somer?
I'm sure LE would have verified that.

human
01-23-2010, 01:35 PM
but wasn't CP at work when DT called him to come home to help look for Somer?
I'm sure LE would have verified that.

That's what DT says she did. If he had a cell, where was he?

I am sure that LE knows exactly where PC was. LE has so much technology available to them that it really is scary.

But if a family member did it, it's very problematic because their DNA would show up on Somer totally naturally. Easily explained away. Hard to prove without other evidence.

Kimberlyd125
01-23-2010, 01:46 PM
But if CP was at work or not should be very easy to prove. That was my point.

I don't think a family member did this and I don't think LE thinks so either.

JMO

human
01-23-2010, 01:54 PM

JMO

Being at work is a very interesting concept.

People can be at work and be at all kinds of unverifiable places. I am out and about on the job all day. There are segments that I could verify and then there are time periods that no one would have a clue where I am. They would have to take my word for it.

Or, LE could get info from computers in my car as to where I have been. Or I could park and walk to where I am going.

How many people pay attention to anyone walking or what they are doing, period, unless they stick out for some reason.

Kimberlyd125
01-23-2010, 01:59 PM
I'm sure LE has looked into it.

dar107
01-23-2010, 02:01 PM

JMO

Neither do I. I think that if there were lies made initially on of police report, LE would have been all over them immediately and there would have been either an arrest or at the least some definitive signs from LE that family members/friends were suspected. i also was asking if lie detector tests would be standard procedure, I thought it would be in most cases like this just so they can clear family members ASAP, and move on to other suspects. I have not heard anything about that on these threads. It makes me wonder if the reason LE has not come out to say the family is cleared, is because they want to give the perp or there possible suspects a false sense of security.

Kimberlyd125
01-23-2010, 02:05 PM
Noway posted something yesterday that said the forensic evidence is not back yet.
I hope they get answers from that.

I just think this was a stranger or one of the construction workers that Somer was familier with.

I don't understand the mindset of trashing DT and everybody DT knows without evidence to back it up. DT has been sleuthed for a while now with nothing coming of it that would point to her doing this or covering.

Do you think DT would cover for a boyfriend that killed her child? I don't.

Kimberlyd125
01-23-2010, 02:07 PM
Neither do I. I think that if there were lies made initially on of police report, LE would have been all over them immediately and there would have been either an arrest or at the least some definitive signs from LE that family members/friends were suspected. i also was asking if lie detector tests would be standard procedure, I thought it would be in most cases like this just so they can clear family members ASAP, and move on to other suspects. I have not heard anything about that on these threads. It makes me wonder if the reason LE has not come out to say the family is cleared, is because they want to give the perp or there possible suspects a false sense of security.

I agree. They have made no public statements of anyone being cleared that I'm aware of.

dar107
01-23-2010, 02:08 PM
http://jacksonville.com/community/clay/2010-01-23/story/grant_awarded_so_police_can_pay_for_overtime_in_so mer_thompson_case

FYI

Good to hear that LE is getting the funding needed!

human
01-23-2010, 02:31 PM

That is the exact problem. There have been the inconsistencies on the police report.

And they have POINTEDLY not cleared the family, even thought DT has gotten death threats. Does that make sense to you? Does that sound responsible at all to put DT and her family at risk by LE for no reason except to play a game?

If that's the point, they could play a different game to befuddle the perp.

Chili Fries
01-23-2010, 02:46 PM
The problem with this case is that DT and her men friends are the only possible suspects who had a known relationship with Somer that we know a lot about. But at the same time this isn't like JonBenet where the probability of it being the two known suspects was very high. So in way I think viewing DT, SP or PC as a main suspect is kind of grasping at straws but they shouldn't be ruled out also.

dar107
01-23-2010, 02:49 PM
That is the exact problem. There have been the inconsistencies on the police report.

And they have POINTEDLY not cleared the family, even thought DT has gotten death threats. Does that make sense to you? Does that sound responsible at all to put DT and her family at risk by LE for no reason except to play a game?

If that's the point, they could play a different game to befuddle the perp.

In my post I was stating the reasons why I think some things make sense. For DT to lie right off the bat on which office she was working at would raise huge questions from LE and i think we would be more aware LE suspected someone from the house. I don't see anything as LE playing a game, i see it as them trying to catch a killer. I wasn't aware the DT has gotten death threats, just that she has gotten nasty letters from people saying awful things about her, but hopefully if she has, LE are investigating anyone involved in that. Making death threats against someone is serious and they should be charged. The world is full of crazies unfortunatly.

Do you think lie detector tests were given to DT and other adults close to Somer?

Kimberlyd125
01-23-2010, 02:51 PM
The problem with this case is that DT and her men friends are the only possible suspects who had a known relationship with Somer that we know a lot about. But at the same time this isn't like JonBenet where the probability of it being the two known suspects was very high. So in way I think viewing DT, SP or PC as a main suspect is kind of grasping at straws but they shouldn't be ruled out also.

I agree and have no problem looking at them.

What I have a problem with is the picking apart or trashing a mother for things such as what clothes she wears, how she cries, what side of her eyes her tears fall from... The list goes on and on. And I just don't see how that adds anything to the case. It's just done to cast DT in a horrible light IMO.

ETA: oh, let's not forget the way she sang at the vigil! Lol
that was a real kicker.

pingpong
01-23-2010, 03:06 PM
If the correct address of DT(at work) listed that day, what would the number be on Kingsley?

Noway
01-23-2010, 03:13 PM
If the dogs lost her scent at Gano and Debarry, wouldn't she have already been PAST the burned house on Gano? If the scent could have been from days ago on her regular walk home, would it have just suddenly stopped before it went on to her home? If she was picked up by a car at the point they lost her scent, isn't there a crossing guard there at that intersection who would have seen it?

According to one WS member's son, who talked to the crossing guard at Grove Park and Gano, Somer never made it that far - just one house over from the 1080 Gano house. If she never made it that far, she never made it to Gano and Debarry where the dogs lost her scent. Unless she was somewhere else till the crossing guard at Gano and Grove Park and the one at Gano and Debarry had already gone for the day then made it to Gano and Debarry AFTER the crossing guards were gone. Does anyone know what time the crossing guards for those two intersections leave for the day?

There were several dogs tracking her scent ... the Sheriff talked about the dogs (plural) being the best in the state.

No offense to Kahlua, but this dog lost her scent there ... but it does not mean that the other dogs did too. The only dog activities reported in depth were Kahlua's. Is he the fall dog for all the dogs having lost her scent? Or did one of the other dogs pick up her scent somewhere else?

I wondered whether that was part of the CCSO being quiet about what they knew and were Somer might have been when she was killed (crime scene).

The vacant house on Gano is reportedly where she was last seen by Kyle.

But if one of the other dogs DID find her scent along the way (past DeBarry and Gano or in the park across from Gano or wherever) there is no way to know whether that scent was from Monday or a previous day either.

I've never been able to find anything that said the crossing guards worked from # p.m. to ## p.m., so if any GPE locals could give input on the times the crossing guards on Gano and Miller/Grove Park/DeBarry work I would appreciate it. I don't care about any other crossing guards anywhere else in the world. I only want to know about these 3 crossing guards who are on Somer's route home. ;)

Noway
01-23-2010, 03:20 PM
If the correct address of DT(at work) listed that day, what would the number be on Kingsley?

Info on MPR
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/10/22/police.report.pdf

Doctors Imray [and Gesek]
2047 Park Street
Jacksonville, FL 32204

Info on Imray/Gesek website
http://www.oralsurgeryparkstreet.com/

Orange Park
1409 Kingsley Ave., Bldg. 5
Orange Park, FL 32073

Jacksonville
904.388.7664 (fax)
2047 Park St.
Jacksonville, FL 32204

It looks like all the information that Diena provided was for the office in Jacksonville. JMO

That could have been what employees were supposed to do. It may not have been a deliberate attempt to confuse law enforcement. JMO

sadnpod
01-23-2010, 03:21 PM
Or maybe you could say those who were not there for Somer in life are not there keeping her story alive now that she's gone.

DT was there for her in life and thank God she's there to keep her story alive now that she's gone.

Not all of America are WSers and are continuing to follow this case. Most people only have heard what has been on the national news.

Seriously? She wasnt there for her in life.. it was all about her. It still is. This interview was all about her and what a great mother she was and how she is still being picked on when she is down. Lets put on purple and fly to New York and post pretty unseen til now pics to show the real somer. Again, no problem leaving the other kids to do this. Priorities. She could have accomplished the same thing in Jax, if it was to keep the public eye on somer. But it wasnt. Good for mom.. get away from it all... have a nice time in New York.. let the neighbors and gma worry about the other kids.. after all thats her MO.

sadnpod
01-23-2010, 03:28 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,295789,00.html

Not related to somers case... but makes you go... hmmmm

Kimberlyd125
01-23-2010, 03:35 PM
Seriously? She wasnt there for her in life.. it was all about her. It still is. This interview was all about her and what a great mother she was and how she is still being picked on when she is down. Lets put on purple and fly to New York and post pretty unseen til now pics to show the real somer. Again, no problem leaving the other kids to do this. Priorities. She could have accomplished the same thing in Jax, if it was to keep the public eye on somer. But it wasnt. Good for mom.. get away from it all... have a nice time in New York.. let the neighbors and gma worry about the other kids.. after all thats her MO.

Yes, seriously. It's how I feel and why I posted it.

IMO she was the only parent active in Somer's life and she's the only one doing anything now to keep Somer's story out there.

I know you are friends with ST. Maybe that's why you don't see it that way.

Kimberlyd125
01-23-2010, 03:46 PM
How can anybody say she was not there for Somer?

I don't get that. Somer lived with DT and DT provided for her. I've seen nothing that would make me think Somer was somehow neglected by DT. Oh, there was that report that was unfounded. But unfounded means unfounded IMO.

IMO she was taken care of and loved daily by her mother with help from her mothers parents. That's not unusual since she was a single working mother who would need help with the kids from time to time.

human
01-23-2010, 03:54 PM

IMO she was the only parent active in Somer's life and she's the only one doing anything now to keep Somer's story out there.

I think that she should be out there telling people about Somer. It seems nothing is happening, but the Casey Anthony case was so obvious to me that I had no interest in it whatsoever.

The first time that it came out in the news, I knew she was involved. (Casey) It was a no brainer. Even with all of the evidence LE had in that case, it took so long.

I think because of so many cases whee the family has been involved, people are looking at the family.

We know that the family is blameless in so many cases. Families have had nothing to do with anything except for existing on the planet.

But it would be foolish to ignore obvious things with this family that don't seem right and cause people to wonder.

LE is not giving any indications, so I know I would be concerned if I had children in OP.

I hope for everyone's sake, that LE does know and is just tying up loose ends. People are still on Casey's team, after all, so LE's case better be tight in this one.

I'm not saying DT did it or didn't. I am saying that for whomever it is, they want it bullet proof.

Are there no rumors out there?

Kimberlyd125
01-23-2010, 03:58 PM
Yeah, it was obvious in Caylee's case. And, her mother was the last to see her.
Not so in this case.
There was physical evidence that Casey did it.
Not so in this case that we know of.

I have no problem looking at the family.
Just not trashing with no evidence.

JMO

Kimberlyd125
01-23-2010, 04:03 PM
If I had to pick someone in that house to be a suspect, with the information we know of...it would be SP.
He's shadey IMO.
He was alone in the house waiting for the children.

Other than him, I don't see it.

I think, with what we know, it was a stranger or one of the construction workers that Somer was familier with. This Kyle guy peeks my interest in a big way. The Vinsons do too.

I hope there is good evidence that comes from the testing they are still waiting on.
I believe they are waiting on things from the Gano house and from the Vinson house, their truck and trailer.

human
01-23-2010, 04:03 PM
Yeah, it was obvious in Caylee's case. And, her mother was the last to see her.
Not so in this case.
There was physical evidence that Casey did it.
Not so in this case that we know of.

I have no problem looking at the family.
Just not trashing with no evidence.

JMO

To you it's trashing, to other's it is evidence of looking at things deeper.

My guess is that you have had something happen to you or someone else that makes it difficult to look at a family possibility. That would be understandable.

But there are people who do see things that seem as red flags to them . It is evidence to them, just not to you.

Kimberlyd125
01-23-2010, 04:07 PM
To you it's trashing, to other's it is evidence of looking at things deeper.

My guess is that you have had something happen to you or someone else that makes it difficult to look at a family possibility. That would be understandable.

But there are people who do see things that seem as red flags to them . It is evidence to them, just not to you.

Nothing ever happened to me or anyone else I know that makes it difficult to look at a family possibility.
I'm willing to look at the family possibility.

But please tell me how what a mother wears, or how she sings, or what corner of the eye a tear falls from is evidence? Not just to me but to anybody?

human
01-23-2010, 04:17 PM
Nothing ever happened to me or anyone else I know that makes it difficult to look at a family possibility.
I'm willing to look at the family possibility.

But please tell me how what a mother wears, or how she sings, or what corner of the eye a tear falls from is evidence? Not just to me but to anybody?

Because there are studies and experts who do that exact thing-look at people and how they stand, sit, talk, etc.

People who are professional gamblers are experts at "tells" . Looking at what people do to see what kind of cards others are holding and bidding on.

There are corporations who tell bosses how to stand, where to sit, etc to gain control over others such as employees or competitors.

There are instructions on how meetings should be set up and how they should be run to limit public participation in them if some company is trying to ram something unpalatable onto the community.

Homeland security may hire a company to scrutinize people's faces and body language to determine what they might be up to .

There is huge science on this, and LE and the FBI are totally cognizant of it and utilize it all of the time.

I'm not into it, but I do see what others have been saying over time on this site.

Do I think DT did it? IDK. Do I think she is hiding something? I am willing to bet all of my money on it. What is she hiding? The killer, or being the killer or other things? Other things-for 100% postiviley sure. Killing-IDK.

Kimberlyd125
01-23-2010, 04:24 PM
Those are all professionals!!!!!

Are there any members here that are professionals at reading body movements? If so, they haven't told us.

Yes, there is a science to it. You have to be trained.

It's almost like it has turned into a game on here. Lets see what else we can find.

How are these people gonna feel when the info comes out that it was a stranger or someone else and they have been so unfair and "concluded" she is guilty of killing her child or covering for someone else by her clothes or tears? I have not seen any professional say they think DT is guilty or hiding something.

I have seen it in other cases. If DT's actions were so obvious that a bunch of members on a crime site knew it from day one, how come no professional is screaming it from the rooftops to help solve this murder?
I mean surely, if people who are not trained can see it, the professionals you listed would have right?

I don't get it.

Ms Suzanne
01-23-2010, 05:02 PM
BBM

Straight from the Sheriff's mouth.

Ok Thank you.I was asking for a link to it if someone knows.

Ms Suzanne
01-23-2010, 05:06 PM

Yes,Maybe she left the house on Gano after the crossing guards left or Somer never left the Gano house.I'm interested to know was soot found on her clothes or Somers body and how much was found on her.

Ms Suzanne
01-23-2010, 06:29 PM
I have not seen any evidence that points to Somers mother at all.It's just not there.I don't see where LE thinks so either.Again hopefully we'll have some more to sleuth soon.I pray we hear of an arrest soon.

Dee10
01-23-2010, 06:41 PM
I am just becoming suspicious that it very well could be someone in Somer's house & perhaps the police were a bit suspicious too for some reason due to the fact they were there day & night for 3 whole weeks. That just blows my mind when many are having to work overtime; so staff is limited. I have never heard LE doing this before. Then they leave, within a few days DT & her lawyer are on JVM. Wish we knew when he was hired? Sorry this is astounds me.

Ms Suzanne
01-23-2010, 06:45 PM
I am just becoming suspicious that it very well could be someone in Somer's house & perhaps the police were a bit suspicious too for some reason due to the fact they were there day & night for 3 whole weeks. That just blows my mind when many are having to work overtime; so staff is limited. I have never heard LE doing this before. Then they leave, within a few days DT & her lawyer are on JVM. Wish we knew when he was hired? Sorry this is astounds me.

I think they were there for protection of the family.

Dee10
01-23-2010, 06:47 PM

Protection from who? IIRC the letters that started to criticize DT came later.

Ms Suzanne
01-23-2010, 06:52 PM
Protection from who? IIRC the letters that started to criticize DT came later.

I don't think LE knew.this was a murder of little Somer.Maybe a very brutal murder and they were making sure it did not happen to the other children in the family.I respect LE for staying with them.

jokie7348
01-23-2010, 06:52 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,295789,00.html

Not related to somers case... but makes you go... hmmmm

Wow, Sadnpod! A teen (or more than one) has been my #1 suspect from shortly after the beginning. I guess this just shows, along with the Elizabeth Olten case, that teens are becoming likely suspects.
I haven't been able to find much info on teens I suspect. Even if I did, we can't post about it on here. But a teen is my 1st choice.
Thanks for the article.

Dee10
01-23-2010, 07:00 PM
I went back to reread the article; this was the explanation given:

He believes it was
could.

I can't imagine the above explanation that a cop was required there day & night for the above. It does not make sense to me, protection perhaps but apparently that was not the reason. I am not sure how to read this quote, "and the process involved in seeking (then preserving) evidence".

Ms Suzanne
01-23-2010, 07:21 PM
I know that posters including myself have referred others to look at No Ways list of video's etc and they don't. They ask the same questions that can be accessed by looking at what No Way has so generously cataloged for everyone to look at with their own eyes.

A poster says something. Another one says, "I don't believe it."

All I can say is, go look for yourself at police reports. Not arrests. They are public knowledge.

Then you decide. Do they mean anything or not.

I feel if people put some work into something, they will take some time to mull it over. They will have ownership, and they can decide instead of the relevance or not or what they mean.

So go for it. Sleuth away and tell me what YOU think. Not what I think.

I have looked at what noway has put for us to see.Noway has done a excelent job for us.Thank you Noway.Some of the video's out there and articles are gone now.I use to have everything on Somer and Haleigh and many Unidentified persons and my computer died.so I lost everything.I'm waiting for the sub forum to come.so everything is there to easily find.

sadnpod
01-23-2010, 08:46 PM

I know there werent any there at 340 when I went thru there one day, but i dunno what time they left.

sadnpod
01-23-2010, 08:58 PM

And maybe that is the reason I know more than you do to base my opinions on.

And of course DT's own actions which I have tried very hard to understand, but she is the one that makes my opinion of her continue its decline. It certainly isnt ST that sways me. Its her. How disconnected she seems from her children. I stand by my reasoning that this interview was only for herself. ST knows that LE has not forgotten Somer, they are the only ones that he is concerned with.

Ms Suzanne
01-23-2010, 09:02 PM

And of course DT's own actions which I have tried very hard to understand, but she is the one that makes my opinion of her continue its decline. It certainly isnt ST that sways me. Its her. How disconnected she seems from her children. I stand by my reasoning that this interview was only for herself. ST knows that LE has not forgotten Somer, they are the only ones that he is concerned with.

That's the way you feel.That's all about you.Other people that know her might not feel that way about her.

Kimberlyd125
01-23-2010, 09:06 PM

How disconnected SHE is from her children????

So ST would rather sit back and do nothing regarding the case?

No offense to your friend but how connected has he been from his children.

Who took/takes care of them in their day to day lives?

DT

Ms Suzanne
01-23-2010, 09:16 PM
She is engaged, by the looks of the rock on her finger to a man who has lived with her for several years and who acted like a step father to lil ST in my presence, so IMO that is not a single parent. This same person had a public profile stating they made over 75,000 a yr IIRC. And dont forget she also gets help from the neighbors... IMO whether they want to help or not.

Do we really need another debate on what unfounded means?

I'm happy for her.I'm glad she found someone special in her life.

sadnpod
01-23-2010, 09:27 PM
Im allowed. Her mothering of Somer is related to what happened to her and sleuthing this case. If the perp were SP for example.. who let him in? Oh her mother.

dar107
01-23-2010, 10:12 PM
Its good to know that DT has good people to help her out in the most devastating of circumstances. I think its great that she did an interview on a nationally televised program with a lot of exposure, keeping Somer in the spotlight is needed to keep the case out there. She was critisized for not doing any interviews , now for doing an interview. Seems it doesn't matter what she does she will be picked apart.

hoppyfrog
01-23-2010, 10:21 PM
No more of this, people:

:other_beatingA_Dead:other_beatingA_Dead

No good parent/bad parent arguments.

And, if you don't want to have an argument, here's a hint: don't reply to someone else's post.

Hoppyfrog

Noway
01-23-2010, 10:47 PM
Are we not supposed to talk about the Thompson Family Trust Fund either? I did want to find information on it but other than the bank it's set up at, I was not able to.

Noway
01-23-2010, 11:26 PM
Are we not supposed to talk about the Thompson Family Trust Fund either? I did want to find information on it but other than the bank it's set up at, I was not able to.

I do hope the trust was set up to have a third party Trustee and not a parent. That is JMO based on my experiences.

belimom
01-24-2010, 09:40 AM
I don't think LE knew.this was a murder of little Somer.Maybe a very brutal murder and they were making sure it did not happen to the other children in the family.I respect LE for staying with them.

I hear you, but this isn't standard practice - to have police guard a home when a child disappears/is murdered. At least not at that high of a level. Try explaining it to families in housing projects with a murdered child whose other children are probably even at a higher risk b/c of street violence: there are no cops guarding their homes. This case has received unusual attention from LE from the beginning, for some reason.

NSC
01-24-2010, 10:19 AM

He believes it was
could.

I can't imagine the above explanation that a cop was required there day & night for the above. It does not make sense to me, protection perhaps but apparently that was not the reason. I am not sure how to read this quote, "and the process involved in seeking (then preserving) evidence".

The LE agencies in my area have social workers on staff inside their departments that handle this - not the officers themselves.

New1
01-24-2010, 11:01 AM
I do not believe that LE stayed at the house day and night for 3 weeks "to protect the family". When has that ever been done? Did they do that with Elizabeth Olten's family? Her's was a brutal murder too. Did they do it with Jessica Lunsford's family? To my knowledge, LE has never done this in any case I have heard of. IIRC, the other children were not there in this case because DT said on one of her interviews she had sent them away - they were staying elsewhere. Unless they had guests over, it would appear that the only people there to protect was DT and PC, and the "hate mail" came later.

Kimberlyd125
01-24-2010, 11:07 AM
I hear you, but this isn't standard practice - to have police guard a home when a child disappears/is murdered. At least not at that high of a level. Try explaining it to families in housing projects with a murdered child whose other children are probably even at a higher risk b/c of street violence: there are no cops guarding their homes. This case has received unusual attention from LE from the beginning, for some reason.

Someone mentioned the other day that this case received a lot of attention from LE in the beginning due to political reasons regarding the governor. He was very hands on and was there when the cameras were rolling. I don't follow politics so I have no clue. Just thought I'd mention it.

petra
01-24-2010, 11:17 AM

He believes it was
could.

link please--tia

petra
01-24-2010, 11:21 AM

Do we know what date the first night of the 3 weeks started?
Isn't the attorney working pro bono and offered his services?

Kimberlyd125
01-24-2010, 11:30 AM
Yes I did read he is working for free and that the sheriff recomended him to DT.

I think he has helped DT a ton with all the things she has had to face on top of the grief. I saw where she said the attorney is a Godsend.

noZme
01-24-2010, 12:04 PM
Someone mentioned the other day that this case received a lot of attention from LE in the beginning due to political reasons regarding the governor. He was very hands on and was there when the cameras were rolling. I don't follow politics so I have no clue. Just thought I'd mention it.

Gov Crist was had a scheduled appearance nearby & dropped in for a photo op in Orange Park. It just happened that was the day Somer's body was found & he made a few remarks right after Sheriff Beseler's announcement about a body having been found at the landfill. I don't remember the actual quote & it is not on the video link, but he also made a tactless remark that perhaps showed the real man.... didn't really know much about situation with the missing child, but always ready to step in front of a camera. Does that sound bitter? I have little regard for anyone who would use a tragedy to promote one's own political ambition & Crist is the worst of media -ho---.

msnbc.com Video Player

Dee10
01-24-2010, 12:09 PM
link please--tia

Sorry It was on this thread, page 3, post #60...I should have carried the link when I copied that.

sadnpod
01-24-2010, 12:22 PM

IIRC the kids were at gma's

sadnpod
01-24-2010, 12:25 PM

The children were at grandmas. I think he was investigating family dynamics and preserving evidence.

Dee10
01-24-2010, 12:37 PM
The children were at grandmas. I think he was investigating family dynamics and preserving evidence.

I think that is a given as they always look at the family lst. I forgot the children weren't there for several days.

Ms Suzanne
01-24-2010, 12:47 PM

I believe these were the reasons.I wonder if there were victims advocates there also.I respect LE very much being there.any evidence taken was probably of Somers.Book bag ect...

He believes it was
could.

hoppyfrog
01-24-2010, 12:49 PM

If you can tie it to Somer's murder, you may of course discuss it here.

Hoppy
mod

Noway
01-24-2010, 02:18 PM
If you can tie it to Somer's murder, you may of course discuss it here.

Hoppy
mod

If I do that, I guess I've solved the case. ;) No, I don't think Somer was murdered so that a trust fund could be established and X would benefit.

I'll go back to what I was looking at before. Thanks, Hoppy.

Rhyme & Reason
01-24-2010, 02:34 PM

I agree. And what happened after 3 weeks that they no longer needed protection?

Kimberlyd125
01-24-2010, 02:54 PM
I'm sure they couldn't stay forever.

They gave their reasons to be there.

nursebeeme
01-24-2010, 03:23 PM

They gave their reasons to be there. ITA. LE being there does not raise my hinky meter a bit. I think that LE in this case went above and beyond in many ways including the early search of garbage trucks. If it weren't for their quick actions I do not think Somer's body would have been recovered.

Just my :twocents: but I think a predator is to blame for this crime. Not Somer's mother. Not her father. Not her brothers, etc. JMO.

Is hindsight 20/20? You bet it is. I am sure that DT, upon looking back, wishes she would have put all of her kids in the free afterschool care that was offered.

I truly hope that LE is onto the sicko that did this. I pray every day that, at the least, they have a short list with this guy's name on it and they are waiting for the last link to fit it all together.

mysticrose
01-24-2010, 04:28 PM
I want to know who this stranger is that the kids were found with:

Snipped >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The unidentified worker told the Department of Children and Families that Somer Thompson and her three siblings got lost at least once walking from Grove Park Elementary School and were found in the woods with a stranger.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/01/22/crimesider/entry6128691.shtml

mysticrose
01-24-2010, 04:31 PM
It would be moo that whoever did this to Sommer had been grooming her for sometime, candy, kittys, books you get my point, and I don't think that DT had any idea about it.
The statement that Sommer sometimes would wander after school makes me want to know who she was visiting.
If she was being groomed I am sure she would be told to keep it a secret... jmo

Kimberlyd125
01-24-2010, 04:32 PM
I want to know who this stranger is that the kids were found with:

Snipped >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The unidentified worker told the Department of Children and Families that Somer Thompson and her three siblings got lost at least once walking from Grove Park Elementary School and were found in the woods with a stranger.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/01/22/crimesider/entry6128691.shtml

IIRC the article stated it was later determined it never happened.

mysticrose
01-24-2010, 04:41 PM
IIRC the article stated it was later determined it never happened.

I know I read that but please forgive me for not having alot of faith in the Florida Department of Children and Families probe or for that matter about DT having proper arrangements for her children to be taken to and from school, if that was the case why were the children walking and why did Sommer wander instead of coming straight home from school does not make sense.

If IRC police were under the impression at first that this may have been the case and that Sommer may just be hiding or over at a friends house, they would not have that impression unless it was told to them from someone.

Did that make sense ..lol

Kimberlyd125
01-24-2010, 04:44 PM
I never said she never wandered. I simply pointed out that the article stated the incident in the woods with the stranger never happened.

petra
01-24-2010, 04:47 PM
I agree. And what happened after 3 weeks that they no longer needed protection?

I think this is why the timeframe of the 3 weeks would be good to know.
Did it start from 19 October---or from 21 Oct morn when unconfirmed child's body was found, after gov"s appearance--or a week later, etc?

We do not know if crank hate/death calls were coming in to the home and LE needed time to set up traces.

Lots of national media and press on the front steps. Serial killer?

What about those "mistakes"on the original police report? The 4 people arrested at DT's address and then it took several days or more to make a strange statement about that?

And then the RSO that was there but woops wasn't there and he was in jail in TX.

And then the Gano house--crime scene or not--just checking it out.

There was alot going on from the first day of Somer's dissaperance.

Thank goodnesss LE was alert and around for that time.

Kimberlyd125
01-24-2010, 04:48 PM
I pointed that out because you asked who the stranger was. As far as we know there was no stranger in the woods.

Now, if she often wandered, there may be someone out there that was grooming her. IDK

I personally believe it was a stranger who saw her alone that day and acted or a construction worker Somer was familiar with from either working on her home or the Gano house (or both).

JMO

petra
01-24-2010, 05:22 PM
Sorry It was on this thread, page 3, post #60...I should have carried the link when I copied that.

Thanks Dee, I got as far as pg 5 going backwards and gave up!!
Going back to reread now. I was hoping they put dates in as to when an officer actually stayed at DT's. I don't remember seeing it the first time I read it.

Dee10
01-24-2010, 05:37 PM

They gave their reasons to be there.

I agree with you, 3 weeks of having an officer assigned to your home day & night is a loonnggg time, they certainly couldn't stay forever when everyone was working overtime.

Petra the dates would be interesting to know also when Freed started representing her to be a liason with LE & assist with the media as we were told. LE was there for 3 week period & the JVM show was 3 1/2 weeks after Somer went missing. When did Freed actually start as well would be interesting? I haven't read anything unfortuately with those dates, maybe someone else knows?

petra
01-24-2010, 05:53 PM
I agree with you, 3 weeks of having an officer assigned to your home day & night is a loonnggg time, they certainly couldn't stay forever when everyone was working overtime.

Petra the dates would be interesting to know also when Freed started representing her to be a liason with LE & assist with the media as we were told. LE was there for 3 a period & the JVM show was 3 1/2 weeks after Somer went missing. When did Freed actually start as well would be interesting? I haven't read anything unfortuately with those dates, maybe someone else knows?

Have been checking and I see no mention of the actual dates. Trying to piece it together--after rereading the article and wonderful references from Noway's page--I believe officer assigned started from the day Somer disappeared--Mon 19 Oct. ...developing a mini-timeline here.
I get cut off very quickly for some reason so need to write shorter posts than I would like.

petra
01-24-2010, 06:00 PM
IIRC the kids were at gma's

I recall seeing one or more of Somer's siblings in the videos at evening vigils--on 19, 20, 21 Oct at least.I believe the officer was with them at this time. I remember DT said on a video that she was having the kids stay elsewhere becomes it was too much for them with all the media, etc camped out at the house after these dates. I don't know for how long. It seemed to me that the SW rec. that they return to school rather quickly,imo.

Dee10
01-24-2010, 07:31 PM
Have been checking and I see no mention of the actual dates. Trying to piece it together--after rereading the article and wonderful references from Noway's page--I believe officer assigned started from the day Somer disappeared--Mon 19 Oct. ...developing a mini-timeline here.
I get cut off very quickly for some reason so need to write shorter posts than I would like.

Thanks for searching; so you didn't find a date either...darn. I always appreciate someone who does sleuthing. From the comments mentioned on this thread, I think this is very interesting that nobody else remembers a case where this one done. So it is not standard procedure that we are aware, like searching the dump. Must see if this is a new procedure that maybe we aren't aware of.

Noway
01-24-2010, 11:35 PM
JMO
But based on the story at http://www.justicecoalition.org/newspaper/January2010/VAjan~8.pdf (http://www.justicecoalition.org/newspaper/January2010/VAjan%7E8.pdf) I think LE was there from October 19 to November 2 (3 weeks).

Child Abduct Response Team (CART) Resource Manual
Posted link but it came back with ***** so I know (now!) that means it's a site not allowed here. I'm not sure why the Florida Department of Law Enforcement CART information is on a site not allowed here. You can find the manual by Googling it. That's how I found it.

p. 10
Family Liaison Officer: Positioned at the victim’s residence and responsible for coordination efforts with family members. Further responsible for acting as Liaison for all questions from Agency Head, Incident Commander, investigators and media.

Since this is part of their protocol, I don't think it is unusual what T. D. Singletary did in Somer's case.

JMO

Kimberlyd125
01-24-2010, 11:40 PM
Thank you Noway for digging that up. That is interesting.

Hippy Chick
01-25-2010, 12:00 AM
ITA. LE being there does not raise my hinky meter a bit. I think that LE in this case went above and beyond in many ways including the early search of garbage trucks. If it weren't for their quick actions I do not think Somer's body would have been recovered.

Just my :twocents: but I think a predator is to blame for this crime. Not Somer's mother. Not her father. Not her brothers, etc. JMO.

Is hindsight 20/20? You bet it is. I am sure that DT, upon looking back, wishes she would have put all of her kids in the free afterschool care that was offered.

I truly hope that LE is onto the sicko that did this. I pray every day that, at the least, they have a short list with this guy's name on it and they are waiting for the last link to fit it all together.

I agree with you I pray everyday for a resolution to this crime. I felt so sorry for DT in the last interview and yes she was crying real tears. IMO her heart is broken

Kimberlyd125
01-25-2010, 12:07 AM
I agree with you I pray everyday for a resolution to this crime. I felt so sorry for DT in the last interview and yes she was crying real tears. IMO her heart is broken
I agree. My heart goes out to Somers family. I just can not imagine.

eyes4crime
01-25-2010, 12:31 AM

I'm with you Hippy Chick - watching that interview brought tears to my eyes. IMO, Diena is devastated! I give her so much credit for going on national TV and keeping little Somer's name out there. Must have been very hard to do.

SportsMom2helpkids
01-25-2010, 03:44 AM
This is why I really admire DT for going public to keep the memory of Somer alive. Doing any presser has to be so difficult. I think she is a very strong, brave woman and mom to go in front of the media to let the public know that Somer's murderer has not been caught yet.
If no one speaks out, the case just fades away.
Keeping up media interest may just help to bring that one tip in that LE needs.

I agree in some ways .......you are right. But "some like the media" ...... I'm sure some of the other family will speak out in given time when they are ready to.

SportsMom2helpkids
01-25-2010, 04:40 AM

I'm sure they were there in life for Somer. And her story will "ALWAYS" be alive "FOREVER".

tarabull
01-25-2010, 04:41 AM
I'm with you Hippy Chick - watching that interview brought tears to my eyes. IMO, Diena is devastated! I give her so much credit for going on national TV and keeping little Somer's name out there. Must have been very hard to do.

I'm not caught up reading here by any means however just wanted to say...

What is REALLY interesting to me about DT's latest interview is that nearing the end when the interviewer said to DT something like "there's something you came here to say today" and DT was given the floor - DID ANYONE ELSE NOTICE IN THOSE FINAL MOMENTS WHEN SHE HAD HER TURN TO SPEAK FREELY DT never said SOMERS NAME - NOT EVEN ONCE.

NOT ONE WORD ABOUT SOMER'S KILLER STILL BEING AT LARGE -

NOT ONE WORD PLEADING FOR SOMEONE OUT THERE THAT HAS INFORMATION -

NOT ONE WORD PLEADING THAT SOMEONE OUT THERE KNOWS SOMETHING ABOUT THIS UNSOLVED CRIME -

NOT ONE WORD BEGGING PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CALL IN TO THE TIP LINE - THEY ARE STILL TAKING TIPS - AND YOU NEVER KNOW - WHAT YOU THINK MIGHT NOT BE ANYTHING - MIGHT BE THE TIP LE IS WAITING FOR...

ANYONE ELSE - smelling what I'm stepping in??????????????????????????????
:waitasec: (NOT that it matters...)

Just my observation and for me, A VERY TELLING ONE.

SportsMom2helpkids
01-25-2010, 05:04 AM

I totally disagree Sadnpod is right. As far as ST doing anything right now well how do you know what he is in the process of doing in her memory or has in the works as far as keeping it in the public's eyes as far as media goes. And ST was active in her life when she was "allowed" to be ponder that one now for awhile. Regardless St is still her dad and will always be. Just stay tuned is all I can say!!!

Kimberlyd125
01-25-2010, 06:28 AM
No more of this, people:

:other_beatingA_Dead:other_beatingA_Dead

No good parent/bad parent arguments.

And, if you don't want to have an argument, here's a hint: don't reply to someone else's post.

Hoppyfrog

bumping for those who didn't see this.

I will not be pulled back into an arguement regarding DTs parenting skills.

ccane
01-25-2010, 01:56 PM
The Today show " Somer Thompson Case turns cold "

The Sheriff dept is still working overtime on a cold case?

But the total figure is still being calculated because overtime is still being worked as detectives check out leads and pursue other areas of the investigation, said sheriff's spokeswoman Mary Justino.

http://jacksonville.com/community/clay/2010-01-23/story/grant_awarded_so_police_can_pay_for_overtime_in_so mer_thompson_case

A better title would be "Three months and no one has been cleared of the crime"

But we did get to see DT new ring on one hand
And a new hand on her knee

Ms Suzanne
01-25-2010, 02:42 PM
I think LE is focusing on a local.I hope we hear something soon.

pinamia
01-25-2010, 02:43 PM
I've gained even more respect for DT today. In the pouring rain, my 15 year old autistic son decided he didn't want to wait for the bus (which was a few minutes late, he didn't ask me for a ride) and walked a mile to school. I thought the bus picked him up. I got a phone call 20 minutes later from the school saying that he safely arrived at school. He told them that I knew and was okay with him walking. Boy was he lying. It was not okay with me. Sometimes kids do the craziest things even with your eye on them. I could just imagine how quickly a child can disappear without one moments notice. By the time, he was gone, I didn't even see him walking at all. Now how easy someone could have picked him up never to be seen again. So scary. This is what happened to Somer and it could have been my son. All it takes is a minute that you have your back turned.

dar107
01-25-2010, 02:44 PM
Have you heard anything new Ms Suzanne?

Ms Suzanne
01-25-2010, 03:00 PM

Hopefully we'll hear something from LE soon.

ccane
01-25-2010, 03:17 PM
Welcome Sportsmom
Thank you, I will be watching the media then

Noway
01-25-2010, 03:18 PM
Does this mean you (Ms. Suzanne) are in contact with LE?

Hopefully we'll hear something from LE soon.

Noway
01-25-2010, 03:23 PM
~snipped for space~

Did anyone find out if the boyfriend was the same guro guy who had been in the news just days before Somer was taken? tia. and all jmo of course.

BBM

Sean P. is not her boyfriend, but he could be described as a guru, I guess. Is that who you meant?

Or do you mean Perry (CPC) who is her boyfriend (RUMOR fiance) is a guru and was in the news?

TIA

ETA
And could you give me a link to the news you are talking about?

Kimberlyd125
01-25-2010, 03:25 PM

I'm not Ms. Suzanne but I think she was just making a general statement.

I don't think she has been in contact with LE.

I think she's just hoping we hear something soon. So am I.

Dr.Fessel
01-25-2010, 03:25 PM
JMO
But based on the story at http://www.justicecoalition.org/newspaper/January2010/VAjan~8.pdf (http://www.justicecoalition.org/newspaper/January2010/VAjan%7E8.pdf) I think LE was there from October 19 to November 2 (3 weeks).

Child Abduct Response Team (CART) Resource Manual
Posted link but it came back with ***** so I know (now!) that means it's a site not allowed here. I'm not sure why the Florida Department of Law Enforcement CART information is on a site not allowed here. You can find the manual by Googling it. That's how I found it.

p. 10
Family Liaison Officer: Positioned at the victim’s residence and responsible for coordination efforts with family members. Further responsible for acting as Liaison for all questions from Agency Head, Incident Commander, investigators and media.

Since this is part of their protocol, I don't think it is unusual what T. D. Singletary did in Somer's case.

JMO

TY TY Noway for posting that. That should take all the hinky feelings away that people had about the officer at DT's house.

Ms Suzanne
01-25-2010, 03:32 PM

No,I did not mean in any way to imply that.I'm hoping we hear from LE soon.

ccane
01-25-2010, 03:34 PM
The Justice coalition Rep was there and seen in the video with DT. I cant remember her name off the top of my head but DT gave her a hug after talking to the press. The JC role is the Liaison for the media etc

Dr.Fessel
01-25-2010, 03:39 PM
I'm not caught up reading here by any means however just wanted to say...

What is REALLY interesting to me about DT's latest interview is that nearing the end when the interviewer said to DT something like "there's something you came here to say today" and DT was given the floor - DID ANYONE ELSE NOTICE IN THOSE FINAL MOMENTS WHEN SHE HAD HER TURN TO SPEAK FREELY DT never said SOMERS NAME - NOT EVEN ONCE.

NOT ONE WORD ABOUT SOMER'S KILLER STILL BEING AT LARGE -

NOT ONE WORD PLEADING FOR SOMEONE OUT THERE THAT HAS INFORMATION -

NOT ONE WORD PLEADING THAT SOMEONE OUT THERE KNOWS SOMETHING ABOUT THIS UNSOLVED CRIME -

NOT ONE WORD BEGGING PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CALL IN TO THE TIP LINE - THEY ARE STILL TAKING TIPS - AND YOU NEVER KNOW - WHAT YOU THINK MIGHT NOT BE ANYTHING - MIGHT BE THE TIP LE IS WAITING FOR...

ANYONE ELSE - smelling what I'm stepping in??????????????????????????????
:waitasec: (NOT that it matters...)

Just my observation and for me, A VERY TELLING ONE.

No matter what she said people would tear her down for it. She has been torn down for saying those very things you say she should have. Doesn't make any difference what she says or doesn't say.