PDA

View Full Version : Post Fliers for Gabe - In Your Town or Online!

BeanE
01-26-2010, 02:21 PM
#1 City needing posters: San Antonio, TX

Other cities needing posters:

AR - Fort Smith

AZ - Cave Creek, Payson, Chandler, Glendale, Peoria, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Sun City West,

Surprise, Tortilla Flat, Yuma

FL - Bokeelia, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Miami Beach, Tallahassee

IL - Collinsville

LA - Arabi, Chalmette, Meraux

MA - Boston

MS - Pass Christian

NC - Charlotte

NM - Albuquerque

TN - Antioch, Brentwood, Chattanooga, Goodlettsville, Hendersonville, Hermitage, Lebanon,

Madison, Mount Juliet, Murfreesboro, Nashville, Old Hickory

TX - Cuero, Curio, Dalhart, Lufkin, South Padre Island, Van Horn, Victoria, Waco

WA - Battle Ground

Gabriel's family has a new poster they prepared, that they ask people to use.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1113&pictureid=9502

The file is available in different sizes and formats for both printing or posting online:

It's available as a PDF file on docstoc here:
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/23304781/Gabe

It's also available on the family's Bring Home Gabriel Facebook. No Facebook account is

necessary to access it.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?

pid=3139207&op=1&o=global&view=global&subj=251236072296&id=506740741

It's available in photobucket here:
http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac272/rmorgan2379/GabeMissingPosterVigil.jpg

dini1976
01-26-2010, 02:41 PM
I can send online, and through my email, if that's okay.

January.
01-26-2010, 02:47 PM
I will be posting flyers around here. Even though I'm not in any of those cities/states, we get a lot of "through" traffic and out-of-staters around here so it can't hurt. The more people to see that sweet little face the better. You never know where he could be.

January.
01-26-2010, 02:56 PM
I remember seeing someone putting together a list of good places to post flyers and thought that would be a good idea to have in here too. What kind of businesses would be good to post the flyers at? Post office, grocery store, Wal Mart, Babies R Us, etc?

BeanE
01-26-2010, 02:59 PM
I remember seeing someone putting together a list of good places to post flyers and thought that would be a good idea to have in here too. What kind of businesses would be good to post the flyers at? Post office, grocery store, Wal Mart, Babies R Us, etc?

For San Antonio:

MissingGabe thinks Eliz may have taken Gabe to a doctor, so clinics, hospitals, doctors offices, urgent care clinics, clinics at CVS etc.

Also, pharmacies near the hotel where she could have gotten a prescription or over the counter medications.

Other places: zoos, museums, recreation centers, parks, day care centers

NewMommy09
01-26-2010, 03:00 PM
BeanE,

I've received 2 PM's from people willing to post fliers in their local area's. One of whom is in a small town and thinks 25 would cover most of the area. I haven't seen lp34 on here today. What do you suggest we do to get these orders in? I know that MissingGabe said they would cover any costs. I know you are pretty busy, so I don't want to add this to your workload. But lp34 didn't email me last night so I don't have his/her email addy to send these to. Any suggestions would be great.

ETA: A HUGE thanks to Tricia and Mods for getting this sub-forum going for Gabriel. It is going to help our efforts and other aspects tremendously.

NewMommy09
01-26-2010, 03:30 PM
Would it be possible to sticky this thread?

BeanE
01-26-2010, 03:34 PM
Would it be possible to sticky this thread?

You can PM Hoppy and ask for it to be stickied. Great idea :-)

grammieto5
01-26-2010, 03:38 PM
While looking at the flyer I noticed in one of the photos the brown envelope under Gabriels' hand. Can that be blown up and maybe some info would be on it?

smart blonde
01-26-2010, 03:42 PM
I can't wait to get to work tonight, where I can print these out.

I work in a hotel, in a 'tourist' town.

With my boss' permission, I will see if I can put one on the window of the hotel, and also have a stack on the counter in the lobby.

I will take them to other local hotels/motels, the local grocery stores, convenience stores/ gas stations, library, day care centers, restaurants, police and fire stations, retail stores, fast food restaurants- and anywhere else I can think of.

Thank you for providing these fliers!

not_my_kids
01-26-2010, 03:51 PM
To those putting up fliers in the areas where we really think he may be, please take note of where you leave them, so if they are disappearing very fast from one specific area, we can turn that in as a tip. If Gabe is still in the San Antonio area, it is possible that anyone knowing the family or part of the family that has him will try to remove them.

grammieto5
01-26-2010, 03:52 PM
I need a really quick answer, I'm gedtting ready to leave, I live in Phoenix, on the border of Glendale. Surprise, Sun City, Peoria are small towns minutes away, anyway, my question is, is it ok for me to print out this flyer, well actually I already printed it, and have made copies from my printer, my question is, is this ok for me to do this. There are a few Wallmarts in these towns, I thought I could put the flyer there. I guess I just want to make sure I'm not doing something illegal, as far as printing this flyer by myself, I hope I'm making sense, thanks :-)

NewMommy09
01-26-2010, 03:53 PM
While looking at the flyer I noticed in one of the photos the brown envelope under Gabriels' hand. Can that be blown up and maybe some info would be on it?

grammie,
most of us believe that to be a board book under Gabe's hand.

NewMommy09
01-26-2010, 03:55 PM
I need a really quick answer, I'm gedtting ready to leave, I live in Phoenix, on the border of Glendale. Surprise, Sun City, Peoria are small towns minutes away, anyway, my question is, is it ok for me to print out this flyer, well actually I already printed it, and have made copies from my printer, my question is, is this ok for me to do this. There are a few Wallmarts in these towns, I thought I could put the flyer there. I guess I just want to make sure I'm not doing something illegal, as far as printing this flyer by myself, I hope I'm making sense, thanks :-)

Gabe's family has given permission for us to use this flier and pass it around, so there are no issues on that end. I don't think it is illegal to post this around town, but some places may ask you not to, or may not want them there (unfortunately).
THANK you from the bottom of my heart for doing this. I know it will do Gabriel's family some good to see these posters going up.

grammieto5
01-26-2010, 03:58 PM
Gabe's family has given permission for us to use this flier and pass it around, so there are no issues on that end. I don't think it is illegal to post this around town, but some places may ask you not to, or may not want them there (unfortunately).
THANK you from the bottom of my heart for doing this. I know it will do Gabriel's family some good to see these posters going up.

OK, thanks, I'm leaving now, my app is in 10 min and I'm 5 min away :-)

not_my_kids
01-26-2010, 04:01 PM

There is nothing illegal about disseminating information about a missing child, and in this case, Tempe police have requested the help of the public.
One way that I check, if a child's poster is on http://www.missingkids.com then they are fully cleared by law enforcement to be distributed. A different poster of Gabriel is linked there, and the one that we have been using contains the same information, updated pictures, and was created by the family, also fine for distribution, or the family would have been told not to create or release them.

You also are not "soliciting" as that would require a plea for money or other assets. You may be breaking store rules if you don't speak to a manager about posting it, but nothing illegal.
Any discussion here at WS of anything illegal would have been immediately shut down, so there's that to help you trust me.
(I sounded a bit lawyerly there, sorry, I'm not one, I just have answered this question in person about a million times.) :)

NewMommy09
01-26-2010, 04:02 PM
You can PM Hoppy and ask for it to be stickied. Great idea :-)

Done! I offered up my fly collection in trade. :crazy:

grammieto5
01-26-2010, 06:10 PM
Well, I am disapointed, and surprised, I was told my Walmarts manager that all flyers have to come from their corporate office.

not_my_kids
01-26-2010, 08:10 PM
Well, I am disapointed, and surprised, I was told my Walmarts manager that all flyers have to come from their corporate office.
I got the same thing...so I emailed them to the corporate office.
Even though my paper fliers didn't come through, I can still do email. :woohoo:

MyLilElves
01-26-2010, 09:55 PM
I got the same thing...so I emailed them to the corporate office.
Even though my paper fliers didn't come through, I can still do email. :woohoo:

What? Didn't come through? I got a confirmation email from kinkos that they were done. PLEASE tell me I'm misunderstanding.

ETA: Sorry, I think I mis-read

MyLilElves
01-26-2010, 10:37 PM
not_my_kids,

I'm SO SORRY that you went there and were told the fliers weren't there. I called the store a little bit ago, they ARE there, they just didn't list them under Gabriel Johnson, even though that is clearly the recipient name on my receipt. Their system auto-populated the order to be listed under the name on the credit card I paid with. I emailed the receipt to NewMommy09 after she brought what happened to my attention.

I'll PM you with the initials you need for pick up, if you're willing to try again.

I feel so bad that this happened and your time was wasted :(

not_my_kids
01-26-2010, 10:54 PM
not_my_kids,

I'm SO SORRY that you went there and were told the fliers weren't there. I called the store a little bit ago, they ARE there, they just didn't list them under Gabriel Johnson, even though that is clearly the recipient name on my receipt. Their system auto-populated the order to be listed under the name on the credit card I paid with. I emailed the receipt to NewMommy09 after she brought what happened to my attention.

I'll PM you with the initials you need for pick up, if you're willing to try again.

I feel so bad that this happened and your time was wasted :(

Don't feel bad for a second. None of us exactly have a ton of experience at this. I think this is the beta version of the national poster by delivery exercise. It's not a problem, I got all the information to try it again. It's really not a problem. Our Kinkos is right across from the mall, we took the kids to play and I ended up having a wonderful time with my kids that I wouldn't have had if it weren't for this little mishap. So don't feel bad for even a minute, I'm thankful for it.
The mixup was on Kinko's end, not yours, from what I understand anyway.

BeanE
01-26-2010, 10:54 PM
Thank you so much to everyone putting up fliers. Gabe's family is very touched and very grateful that you all care so much about Gabe.

:blowkiss:

MyLilElves
01-26-2010, 11:40 PM
Don't feel bad for a second. None of us exactly have a ton of experience at this. I think this is the beta version of the national poster by delivery exercise. It's not a problem, I got all the information to try it again. It's really not a problem. Our Kinkos is right across from the mall, we took the kids to play and I ended up having a wonderful time with my kids that I wouldn't have had if it weren't for this little mishap. So don't feel bad for even a minute, I'm thankful for it.
The mixup was on Kinko's end, not yours, from what I understand anyway.

I'm glad you had a great time with your kids!

If there are any further issues upon pick up, they are supposed to call me right then.

You're right about this being the beta version...at least we're learning!

I sure appreciate you going again. Let's bring Gabriel home!

MyLilElves
01-26-2010, 11:50 PM
Yay! A friend of mine in Modesto is going to put up fliers for us!!

SallyManda
01-27-2010, 12:10 AM
Well i posted stuff online in Gainesville FL which is right on I-75.
Hit the moms group whihc is linked on the newspaper and craigslist.

Sent out an email for people to forward..I know my mother in law sent it out from around Panama City.

not_my_kids
01-27-2010, 12:43 AM
Little input from my family here, my fiance suggested state visitor centers and rest stops along the way, or just slightly off the suspected route for flyers and my mom suggested beauty supply shops as she looks like the type that might use designer or specialty styling items.

ETA: And my mother is also sending the flier out by email, so it's going out from MO, to just about every state. She knows a gazillion people.

NewMommy09
01-27-2010, 11:16 AM
We REALLY need San Antonio locals to help get these fliers up. It would be so great if Logan could see fliers up everywhere on the way and when he arrives in San Antonio.

If you are reading here and want to help, please print fliers and post them up locally, even if you aren't in San Antonio. Gabriel could be anywhere by now. Email the fliers to local businesses and media outlets, put it on your FaceBook or MySpace accounts, ask your friends and family to print and distribute fliers, ask them to pass it on to THEIR friends and family.

If you want to post fliers but can't afford to purchase prints, you have 2 options.
1) Many print shops, especially FedEx/Kinkos, will print missing person fliers for free, just ask them about it.
2) You can PM me here at WS with the contact info for your local print and ship shop (It has to be a print and ship shop to send the flier by email). I will forward that information to Logan's cousin who will then place an order at that shop, and I will let you know you can go pick them up. Or you can send the request by email to me at SleutherNewMommy@yahoo.com. You can remain anonymous even to me by creating a new hotmail, gmail or yahoo email account.

All orders for printed fliers are being placed under the name of Gabriel Johnson.
Also, Logan's cousin has found that Kwik Kopy stores are offering a bigger discount than FedEx/Kinko's for bulk fliers.

PLEASE help this family. Thanks everyone.

TXHOPE
01-27-2010, 01:15 PM
Another easy place to post fliers that gets alot of attention is the mail area of big subdivisions-master planned communities. The big neighborhoods in your city may have a centralized mail box area. I posted a flyer today where there is over 500 mailboxes-that's alot people that will walk right by his beautiful face.

Ives
01-27-2010, 06:23 PM
:woohoo: Picked up my order at Kinko's today, They Look AWESOME!! The guy knew exactly which ones I was talking about, good thing, because I was fumbling. Me-"I need to pick up the posters for baby Gabe" I have frazzled, trying to stop smoking brain.

I gave him 2, and I posted one at Uhaul on the southside, and a few corner stores, and even gave one to a guy, and told him, wherever he goes today, please put that up. (I bought a candy from him for his charity and told him to do me a favor, LOL) The manager at U-haul asked if he was mine. I had to say no. I told her the short rundown story. she had not heard of baby Gabe.

I will be getting more out tomorrow, Kids in Tow! I also have one on my windsheild.

I have almost 300 fliers. and I am on the southside. by the missions. I cannot put out all of these by myself! I am sending a few to Poteet. and hopefully a few to Balcones Heights. Gabriel really needs someone on the other sides of town! I am poor, with an old jalopy car, so I cannot go to all sides of town. I NEED HELP!!

BeanE
01-28-2010, 10:43 AM
* bump *

not_my_kids
01-28-2010, 10:54 AM
Mine will be picked up today, I had an emergency fight between a two year old and a flu bug and the flu bug won yesterday, so hopefully, I can get them today, as long as no one throws up.

When I get paid, I'll be placing an order for my mother, she is a petitioner and travels nationwide, she wants some to take with her and put up. Right now, she is in MO, in a couple weeks, she'll be in CA, and then back to MI, so I should have them to her before she leaves MO.

NewMommy09
01-28-2010, 10:59 AM
OK,
lp34 has orders that should be ready at a Nacogdoches, TX store and at a Rockwall, TX store. But these orders didn't go through me. I believe they were posted on the long thread when we started doing the flier operation. If either person who requested these fliers reads this, please contact me about the flier order. I'm going back to that thread to try and figure out who these orders are for, but it might take me awhile to wade through everything and find them.

I got some fliers up yesterday in my area, but I'm in a pretty small town, off the beaten path of major highways, etc. But I got them to a couple of gas stations, the library, the post office, a park, an animal shelter, and a couple of churches. I've also asked on my FB for my friends to print and post at least 10 fliers. I have a few friends in Oklahoma that I'm hoping will do this.

Today, I plan to hit some other crime forums and media sites with comments sections and post requesting volunteers. I still really need some help for Ives with the San Antonio fliers, and also volunteers for other parts of San Antonio.

ETA: OK, I was able to find the posts in the old thread for who ordered fliers, so they've been notified to pick those up.

NewMommy09
01-28-2010, 11:25 AM
I believe it was eta: not_my_kids who posted that those putting up fliers, should note where they are placing them up, and if the fliers start disappearing, PLEASE email/call that in to the tip line. There have been cases where people's missing fliers have been constantly removed and taken down in certain area's. If someone has Gabriel and doesn't want to give him up, they are not going to want these fliers up in their area where people might recognize him. So this could be a HUGE lead.

Thanks everyone.

not_my_kids
01-28-2010, 11:34 AM
~Original post was edited to I removed it from my quote. ~

It was me and I am willing to help with making up spreadsheets, if people want to send me the info, so I can keep updated.

NewMommy09
01-28-2010, 11:47 AM
It was me and I am willing to help with making up spreadsheets, if people want to send me the info, so I can keep updated.

Sorry, I couldn't remember for sure. I just remembered it was one of the people that I love reading their posts. LOL. I edited. Thanks for offering to help with this.

YellowSubmarine
01-28-2010, 02:13 PM
I posted Gabes poster and info on the Momslikeme.com site

not_my_kids
01-28-2010, 02:45 PM
I wasn't arguing for credit, I just wanted to put it out there I would be willing to help with keeping track of locations and this way people know who to get ahold of if they want to take me up on it.

jessicat
01-28-2010, 02:49 PM
I live in SA and just wanted fellow San Antonioans to keep up the good work with the fliers. I also went to Walmart yest...I looked at the Missing bulletin board..NO PHOTOS OF BABY GABE!!!! There should be one now:) Also I used to live in a town west of SA...it was close to the border...it would be a very good idea to get fliers to the Border Patrol check points and to the customs check points between the two borders. Thousands of people go through then a day. They need to go to the border between laredo and nuevo laredo, del rio and acuna, and eagle pass and piedras negras. Just a thought if anyone is near these areas or has ideas on how to get them there. Just a thought. The border to Mexico is not but a few hours from SA.

NewMommy09
01-28-2010, 05:35 PM
I wasn't arguing for credit, I just wanted to put it out there I would be willing to help with keeping track of locations and this way people know who to get ahold of if they want to take me up on it.

Don't worry nmk, I TOTALLY didn't take it that way, and you fully deserve the credit. It was a REALLY good suggestion. :highfive:

NewMommy09
01-28-2010, 05:37 PM
I posted a request for volunteers at insession trials (I believe that's one that we can talk about here) and I already had a request for Gabe's poster. She is going to do the printing herself cause she has contacts in the printing business. But Gabe's poster is now going up in Miss.

:woohoo:

Ives
01-29-2010, 05:15 PM
I got some more posters up today, but was dissapointed at the hospital :( They are not allowed They had already tried, the lady even knew it was the "baby from AZ"

also, would it be better for the posters at the hospitals to go in the doctors and nurses "breakrooms"? That way, if someone has Gabe, and he needs services, They won't be scared to take him in? IDK, because then you wouldn't get the public that goes in and out to see him.

Ives
01-29-2010, 05:17 PM
Also, I had to get my leg cut open today, while at the hospital, so hopefully It will heal fast or at least stop hurting enough for me too move this weekend, and get more posters up!!

NewMommy09
01-29-2010, 07:22 PM
I got some more posters up today, but was dissapointed at the hospital :( They are not allowed They had already tried, the lady even knew it was the "baby from AZ"

also, would it be better for the posters at the hospitals to go in the doctors and nurses "breakrooms"? That way, if someone has Gabe, and he needs services, They won't be scared to take him in? IDK, because then you wouldn't get the public that goes in and out to see him.
Ives that is a really good question. I honestly don't know which is better. Outside, there is more people to see it, more chances that someone has seen him in the past or will see him if someone brings him there, inside would alert Dr's/nurses and not scare off anyone wanting to take him in. I really don't know.

BeanE
01-29-2010, 07:41 PM
Ives that is a really good question. I honestly don't know which is better. Outside, there is more people to see it, more chances that someone has seen him in the past or will see him if someone brings him there, inside would alert Dr's/nurses and not scare off anyone wanting to take him in. I really don't know.

We need both really.

NewMommy09
01-29-2010, 07:45 PM
Hi Everyone,
I've now notified the last two volunteers for fliers as to when they can pick up their orders. We still need volunteers BADLY. Please consider offering some of your time to help this family. And a huge thanks to those who have already had orders placed for them, and to those who have taken it upon themselves to print and post fliers. The family is very grateful.

BeanE
01-30-2010, 09:35 PM
I am beyond thrilled to let you all know that MissingGabe has just let me know that the Heidi Search organization will now be actively involved in the search for Gabe, and their volunteers will be posting flyers in San Antonio!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

This is a huge step in the right direction, and I'm just thrilled that this door has opened to the family!

January.
01-30-2010, 09:40 PM
I got the flyers today and I am working on dividing them up to send to friends and friends OF friends in the cities on the list, especially San Antonio and other cities in Texas. I'll also be posting some here too of course. The flyers look really great.

January.
01-30-2010, 09:42 PM
I am beyond thrilled to let you all know that MissingGabe has just let me know that the Heidi Search organization will now be actively involved in the search for Gabe, and their volunteers will be posting flyers in San Antonio!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

This is a huge step in the right direction, and I'm just thrilled that this door has opened to the family!

How fantastic!! Thank you so much to the Heidi Search Organization!! :dance:

BeanE
01-30-2010, 09:48 PM
Oh! Heidi Search will also be printing flyers if the family needs them to.

:dance:

The flyers are also now available in Spanish.

b4e
01-30-2010, 10:01 PM
The fliers I posted online seem to be getting a lot of attention. Will there be a Spanish version for online posting, as well?

January.
01-30-2010, 10:08 PM
The fliers I posted online seem to be getting a lot of attention. Will there be a Spanish version for online posting, as well?

This one if from Gabriel's group on Facebook:

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs220.snc3/22744_300596249313_660674313_4468706_3142575_n.jpg

b4e
01-30-2010, 10:14 PM
Thank you, January. I will get this one posted, too.

NewMommy09
01-31-2010, 06:52 AM
YES!!! missinggabe left me a visitor message and would love it if people would like to get this one out too. You can email requests to the family at oursweetgabriel@yahoo.com or you can still PM me and I will contact the family to place the order. And again, you can also print the Spanish flier and put that up in your local area too.

January.
02-01-2010, 11:27 AM
If anyone in or near the cities on the list needs fliers, please let me know. I have some available. I have fliers going to Tallahassee and still working on Texas and other areas.

captdj
02-01-2010, 11:28 PM
Got my flyers today and spent the afternoon posting them around my town.... Glad to report most people knew about Gabriel...

One great idea came from the Post Office....Give every mail carrier a copy of the flyer in the most likely areas. The mail carriers know most people on their route and may notice someone with a new baby or a new 8 month old baby.

The bad News was Wal-Mart in my town would not let me put up Gabriel's flyer...There have a bulletin board that has missing children flyers in it and I asked would they put Gabiels flyer in the case and they said NO... but the bulletin board said in Big letter taking up about half the side of the board " EVERY SECOND COUNTS" ... I asked ok can we call and get Corporate approval and they said again NO the flyers in the case are sent from Corporate office.. I asked how often to you get this information from Corporate and they said once a month....grrrr How is that every second counts if they only do this once a month.....

Geez what would it hurt to add one more flyer....there was a lot of space to do so....

So does anyone know a Walton or someone in corporate that could get Gabriel's flyer out to all the Wal-marts....

captdj
02-02-2010, 12:22 PM
Still sporting the bruise from Wal Mart refusing to allow posters of Gabriel.... So I emailed the corporate office today....Hope they listen to my plea....

kissdegirl
02-02-2010, 12:50 PM
Still sporting the bruise from Wal Mart refusing to allow posters of Gabriel.... So I emailed the corporate office today....Hope they listen to my plea....

I have been trying there too, with no luck. I also just sent a plea to corporate. :)

January.
02-02-2010, 12:52 PM
I could sneak one up on that big ol' bulletin board if the greeters weren't always there ready to catch me.

captdj
02-02-2010, 03:46 PM
I have been trying there too, with no luck. I also just sent a plea to corporate. :)

Thanks and lets hope they listen and have a heart.....

BeanE
02-02-2010, 04:20 PM
From MissingGabe:

The family has contacted Walmart, who said they will put up Gabe's posters in their stores.

Also, the family would appreciate anyone who can put up flyers in Tucson. Logan and crew will leave flyers at a copy company there to be picked up by anyone who can post the flyers in Tucson.

Please post here if you can put up the posters, and I'll put you in touch with a family member to get the flyers.

Thank you!

NewMommy09
02-02-2010, 04:39 PM
From MissingGabe:

The family has contacted Walmart, who said they will put up Gabe's posters in their stores.

Also, the family would appreciate anyone who can put up flyers in Tucson. Logan and crew will leave flyers at a copy company there to be picked up by anyone who can post the flyers in Tucson.

Please post here if you can put up the posters, and I'll put you in touch with a family member to get the flyers.

Thank you!

I was just coming to see if someone else posted about the family needing help with fliers in Tucson.

PLEASE, if you live in the area, please consider helping this family.

NewMommy09
02-02-2010, 05:16 PM
I MIGHT have a contact in Tucson to help with fliers. I'm working on it. I hope it pans out.

BeanE
02-02-2010, 05:45 PM
From MissingGabe:

The family has found somebody to put up flyers in Tucson.

Many thanks from the family!

BeanE
02-09-2010, 11:24 AM
* bump *

kissdegirl
02-09-2010, 11:57 AM
I got flyer's up all over South of Dallas on I35E...lots of truck stops and hotels covered.

Also, I was wondering if there was a way to contact the airlines in Texas and see if they could send out the flyer in an email attachment to all their flight attendants and pilots? If he was flown out of SA, someone would remember his face!

~PrinceSSa~
02-09-2010, 12:05 PM
I think its absolutely crucial to have Elizabeth's picture on the fliers as people might recognize her easier than the sweet face of Gabriel.

BeanE
02-09-2010, 12:10 PM
I got flyer's up all over South of Dallas on I35E...lots of truck stops and hotels covered.

Also, I was wondering if there was a way to contact the airlines in Texas and see if they could send out the flyer in an email attachment to all their flight attendants and pilots? If he was flown out of SA, someone would remember his face!

Thank you so much, kissdegirl.

Could you please send your suggestions on the airlines to Gabe's family? Their email address for tips, ideas, and suggestions is oursweetgabriel@yahoo.com

Thanks again! :-)

kissdegirl
02-09-2010, 12:11 PM
Sure will BeanE. :)

January.
02-09-2010, 01:01 PM
I've got more flyers going out to Florida and Boston. Some going to Orlando which should be good coverage with all the tourists.

kissdegirl
02-09-2010, 03:49 PM
Sent a message to ALL airlines flying out of San Antonio. Hopefully they will help. :)

Prof
02-09-2010, 04:21 PM
I sent a plea for help and two versions of Gabriel posters to everyone at this link

http://www.nationaladoptionday.org/2009/events/state_details.asp?Event1State=TEXAS&Submit=Go

DaneBramage
02-12-2010, 05:04 PM
Has anyone thought about sending alerts to Catholic (any church for that matter) archdiocese offices in TX and Mexico. Esp in Mexico. Do y'all think that a new adoptive couple would get their new child baptized (christened)?

rekabal
03-19-2010, 04:30 PM
It seems all of my posts are questions.:crazy: Have they considered a couple of bill boards in the San Antonio? One in english one in spanish? I am sure they are expensive to rent for a month but maybe some organizations assist with the cost? They could have a huge picture of gabe and one of EJ (since she was there and people might remember her) and just have the date December 26, a telephone number and the reward amount.

kissdegirl
03-19-2010, 04:36 PM
It seems all of my posts are questions.:crazy: Have they considered a couple of bill boards in the San Antonio? One in english one in spanish? I am sure they are expensive to rent for a month but maybe some organizations assist with the cost? They could have a huge picture of gabe and one of EJ (since she was there and people might remember her) and just have the date December 26, a telephone number and the reward amount.

That deserves more than a thanks...this is a GREAT!!!!!! idea! In lieu of a donation, someone could even rent one right on the freeway!

BeanE
03-19-2010, 07:14 PM

Hi Rekabal. Welcome to Websleuths! Great to have you here.

A good place to leave ideas for Gabe's family is on Gabe's facebook page. It's public, and you don't need a Facebook membership to read it. I think you do need to sign up for Facebook to leave your message.

Here's Gabe's Facebook URL:
http://en-gb.facebook.com/group.php?v=info&ref=share&gid=251236072296