PDA

View Full Version : AZ - Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, 26 Dec 2009 - last seen in Texas - #18

Salem
01-28-2010, 01:44 PM
Please continue here.

Now that we have a forum, it doesn't seem necessary to link to the past threads, because they are all right here. If someone wants the link, let me know and I'll add it to this post.

Salem

BeanE
01-28-2010, 01:54 PM
Sorry AZlawyer, I can't answer your questions. But I wanted to ask about something. I thought I read somewhere that EJ never officially checked out of the hotel(s). We know she left on the 27th, and we know she had the room(s) reserved until the 27th, but I thought I read she didn't do an official check out. Can someone clarify that for me? TIA.

LE confirmed no official check out:

Tempe investigators received information indicating that Elizabeth and Gabriel stayed at either or both the Home Gate Studio and Suites and Quality Inn Fiesta Park, both in San Antonio, on December 26. Elizabeth was scheduled to check out on December 27, however she did not go through the formal checkout process.

http://www.tempe.gov/Police/EI/Gabriel%20Johnson%20Update.htm

Note that hotels are paid for by the night, with required checkout usually by about 11am. So Dec 26 references are night of Dec 26, and Dec 27 reference is checkout.

Which hotel she stayed at/slept at night of Dec 26 is a toss up. I vote for sleeping at Quality Inn.

not_my_kids
01-28-2010, 01:55 PM
Just a few of the mod warnings and reminders from the last few threads:

If something has a thread, post it there, not in the general. The point of having a forum is not having to wade through discussion for really important stuff.

Do not copy and paste from a social networking site, such as Myspace or Facebook. You may paraphrase, and provide a link. If you can't link it, we can't talk about it.

If you attempt to link a site and the web address comes up *******, that is a site that is not to be linked to from WS, please delete the link and the info as we can't talk about it since we can't link.

Please do not post photos or link to the social sites of minors or people that have not been named by LE or the media.

We have a lot of newbies, and I figured it would be good to put all the reminders together. If anyone has a question not covered, contact a mod. If you see a post that violates these rules, please do not quote it, just hit the triangle button in the corner of the post to have the mods check it out. (Or wait 30 seconds and one of the regulars will likely remind the poster.)

ETA: And hello to all the newbies that I haven't personally welcomed over the past few days.

BeanE
01-28-2010, 02:01 PM
I'm not following this case as closely as some of you, so can someone tell me if we know anything more about the 2 hotels? For example, I heard that the check-out date for both hotels was Dec. 27, but did she check into both on the same day? I'm just wondering if one hotel (HomeGate Suites?) was part of the "plan" with TS, and pre-paid up through the 27th, and the second hotel (Quality Inn?) was where EJ went when she broke away from that plan (maybe Dec. 26)?

Checked in Homegate, paying in advance for 5 nights, Dec 22 through Dec 26.

Looks like Quality Inn was 1 night, Dec 26.

As an aside, FWIW, I'm not convinced the SA trip was planned with TS. I haven't seen anything that solidly indicates that, and there are indications that Eliz went rogue as early as Dec 17/18, and did not have contact with the Smiths until approx Dec 21/22.

I'm not standing up the Smiths. They're some of the most despicable people I've ever known of. I just don't want to preclude any angles being explored in order to give Gabe the most and best chances of being found.

not_my_kids
01-28-2010, 02:49 PM
http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2010/01/joe_arpaio_sticks_up_for_baby.php

It's a blog, but it seems to express what a lot of us here are feeling about Sheriff Joe's recent statements regarding EJ the jailhouse angel.

dini1976
01-28-2010, 02:56 PM
She's being a "good girl" because she's probably back on her meds.

momtective
01-28-2010, 04:17 PM
Posting from my blackberry...any good news yet? I picked up more fliers yesterday and they are currently being distributed in Lufkin and Nacogdoches area. Tomorrow I will distribute them in Shreveport,La. My roller ball on my bb isn't working very good so it's impossible for me to respond to pm's. Just checking in and hoping for good news.

BeanE
01-28-2010, 04:22 PM
Landfill cordons off area in Ariz. baby search
Associated Press
Jan 27, 6:40 PM EST

"The information is coming in much slower, and the indicators that were once there are getting less and less to the point of becoming nonexistent," Tempe police Sgt. Steve Carbajal said. "At this point, we're looking seriously into the possibility that she killed Gabriel like she said she did."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/AZ_MISSING_ARIZONA_BABY_TXOL-?SITE=TXCOR&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Please, I beg you, go back and review, go back and read the threads from the beginning, read through the timelines again, read through the NG transcripts, make notes, try to make a connection, try to get ideas, and send in your tips.

Index to Timelines:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/blog.php?b=620

All Nancy Grace Transcripts for Gabriel:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Important Links, Phone Numbers, Addresses **NO DISCUSSION**

First Thread about Gabe:
AZ - 8 mo. old Gabriel Johnson missing since 12-26-09, last seen in Texas - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thank you

W8nC
01-28-2010, 04:27 PM
I have captured weather.com page that details weather conditions in SA for the month of Dec., as a pdf document. Is there some place specific I might post that?

not_my_kids
01-28-2010, 04:33 PM
I have captured weather.com page that details weather conditions in SA for the month of Dec., as a pdf document. Is there some place specific I might post that?

I'd put it in media, since pertinent documents usually end up there, but I'm not sure...

ETA: Or what BeanE said, that would be better. :)

BeanE
01-28-2010, 04:36 PM

There's a stick for Important Links here:
Important Links, Phone Numbers, Addresses **NO DISCUSSION** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thanks for putting that together, w8nc.

W8nC
01-28-2010, 04:50 PM
There's a stick for Important Links here:
Important Links, Phone Numbers, Addresses **NO DISCUSSION** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94561)

Thanks for putting that together, w8nc.

Okay, I'm a big dummie......please point me at that sticky that tells how to attach various kinds of documents, post pictures, etc.

TIA

W8nC ==> :waitasec: duuhhhhhhhh

January.
01-28-2010, 04:57 PM
What ever came of that blog comment from Beth? I don't know if I missed it or if that just kind of fizzled out.

dini1976
01-28-2010, 05:06 PM
Since we are in a desperate stalemate, I say LE needs to get pushy NOW!!! Press charges on Tammi, make her do the jail bird song, and at the same time LE needs to scare the crap out of EJ. We don't care if EJ is being the "model" jail citizen, she's not talking!!

Krystylsea
01-28-2010, 06:38 PM
They are searching for body at landfill today.
http://www.kold.com/Global/story.asp?S=11896296

b4e
01-28-2010, 06:44 PM
What ever came of that blog comment from Beth? I don't know if I missed it or if that just kind of fizzled out.

It turned out that the baby she adopted was only about 15 days old.

TXHOPE
01-28-2010, 06:45 PM
They are searching for body at landfill today.
http://www.kold.com/Global/story.asp?S=11896296

There are bunch of conflicting reports this may not be accurate.

kappy50
01-28-2010, 08:58 PM
Too Quiet today....scare me!

TXHOPE
01-28-2010, 09:03 PM
Too Quiet today....scare me!

I know!!! Totally different vibe today. I think it's all the negative landfill news that came out yesterday and today. That's all the media is talking about when LE has not confirmed it was searched. I'm dying for new information!!!:banghead:

kappy50
01-28-2010, 09:16 PM
I know!!! Totally different vibe today. I think it's all the negative landfill news that came out yesterday and today. That's all the media is talking about when LE has not confirmed it was searched. I'm dying for new information!!!:banghead:

For sure...I was beginning to wonder if I was on the right thread. Been pounding my head trying to come up with something...I'm hittin a wall!

kappy50
01-28-2010, 09:25 PM
I've been saying from awhile back...I think this all has something to do with her bus ride.I just wished we knew the route, the stops...more of it....if TS was so anxious to help a stranger...hold him comfort him, why could she not board the bus, by herself while someone else is carrying Gabriel.....who would know what child belonged to whom...would be interesting to know if the bus company could tell anyone how many infants were on the bus...I've been told, if the infant/child can sit in someones lap, no ticket needs to be purchased....just crazy me! Maybe the bus line has done this, who knows....

YellowSubmarine
01-28-2010, 09:52 PM
Just heard from Logan, he's leaving Wed am. We have a few more days, let's get as much info for him as possible!

~Lisa~
01-28-2010, 10:03 PM
I don't understand why NG isn't all over this story.
I don't care what lies the Smiths told her... she could at least get Gabriel's pictures out there!

JMO

captdj
01-28-2010, 10:06 PM
I've been saying from awhile back...I think this all has something to do with her bus ride.I just wished we knew the route, the stops...more of it....if TS was so anxious to help a stranger...hold him comfort him, why could she not board the bus, by herself while someone else is carrying Gabriel.....who would know what child belonged to whom...would be interesting to know if the bus company could tell anyone how many infants were on the bus...I've been told, if the infant/child can sit in someones lap, no ticket needs to be purchased....just crazy me! Maybe the bus line has done this, who knows....

I called the bus line to ask a question and the person said that buses left every day to Florida... trying to think of why she booked only 5 days.....not sure if this was covered....

Also I remember that the representative at Tornado said she waited inside and the video showed a white chair like that was the seat she used....

kissdegirl
01-28-2010, 10:10 PM
http://www.kpho.com/news/22370484/detail.html

Gabriel Johnson Trust Account
facebookdel.icio.usbuzzdiggreddit›› Email›› PrintA Gabriel Johnson trust account has been set up.

People can stop in to any Bank of America branch and donate to:

The Gabriel Johnson Trust
Bank of America
Account #457015122018

Or donations can be mailed to:

The Gabriel Johnson Trust Bank of America
1030 Willow Creek Rd.
Prescott, AZ 86301

All of the money will go toward raising the reward and to help fund Logan McQueary's trip across the country.

kissdegirl
01-28-2010, 10:25 PM
I hadn't heard this raw intervew with EJ before, so I'm sorry if it's been posted. It's a 10 minute phone interview.

http://www.kpho.com/video/22155911/index.html

not_my_kids
01-28-2010, 10:31 PM
I hadn't heard this raw intervew with EJ before, so I'm sorry if it's been posted. It's a 10 minute phone interview.

Yup, the very first one. I transcribed that when it came out...there was a lot of weirdness in that interview and a lot of it still hasn't been explained.

captdj
01-28-2010, 10:52 PM
OK my eyes are old but does this person look the same Is that Lenny?
His shirt even looks the same or similar

http://makorecovery.com/rob%20dick%20kara%20keene%20leonard%20padilla%20re x%20venator%20spyder.jpg

and this video at 2:34

http://www.kpho.com/video/22146968/index.html

kissdegirl
01-28-2010, 10:55 PM
Yup, the very first one. I transcribed that when it came out...there was a lot of weirdness in that interview and a lot of it still hasn't been explained.

Thanks. I've read parts of it over and over again, but hearing it seems so much different. Makes me really really wish we could hear the phone call with TS last Friday.

sleuth2001
01-28-2010, 10:58 PM
I can't understand why LE would have Logan hold off on going especially for over a week! he has provided all the info they could possibly get from him. even if they think the trip is pointless it would at least let him feel as though he is doing something. something else is up! but then again if they know something then why does it seem they aren't acting and what is taking so long? they haven't even charged TS with falsifying records which she has admitted publicly. It may not put her in jail but she would at least have a charge...then the conspiracy thing could come out later as more evidence is available. actually the conspiracy thing was proven when she falsified the records and admitted it so I am not sure why the are "trying" to build a conspiracy case when that is right there in their face. I just don't get any of this! the lack of news coverage, the hush hush, nancy grace not covering it, the hold off on the landfill search, tellling Logan to wait around and then nothing happens. I see they set up the trust fund so even though I am all for the idea and plan to donate, it kind of dashes my hope because the family wouldn't bother if they have any news. Of course I would still give to the fund when Gabriel is found because I want this baby to have everything he could ever imagine and don't want Logan to have a hard time worrying about money but I feel as though they don't have any real info from the LE either and they should be the first to know. the whole story is just so strange from beginning until now.
:banghead:

SusanB
01-28-2010, 11:04 PM
Checking in for any news. Nothing tonight on any of the shows. Kind of scary.:(

OneLove
01-28-2010, 11:30 PM

After listening to this yet again:

Do we know if it was EJ that had asked to speak to TS, or vice versa?

If EJ had asked to talk to TS, and had said specifically that there was something she wanted to ask TS, as was implied at the very end of the interview, then

I believe TS intentionally took media with her to be sure that EJ did NOT ask that specific question or questions, such as maybe "is Gabriel ok?". She wanted EJ to know they were not alone.

TS controlled the interview the whole time, using it to blame Logan, and then Jack took over to give EJ the reminder of Gabriel just needing a little time to "change his looks".

The part I don't get is their telling her she could be in jail for life. I can't come up with an explanation that fits this angle on things. Anyone?

kissdegirl
01-28-2010, 11:31 PM
I can't understand why LE would have Logan hold off on going especially for over a week! he has provided all the info they could possibly get from him. even if they think the trip is pointless it would at least let him feel as though he is doing something. something else is up! but then again if they know something then why does it seem they aren't acting and what is taking so long? they haven't even charged TS with falsifying records which she has admitted publicly. It may not put her in jail but she would at least have a charge...then the conspiracy thing could come out later as more evidence is available. actually the conspiracy thing was proven when she falsified the records and admitted it so I am not sure why the are "trying" to build a conspiracy case when that is right there in their face. I just don't get any of this! the lack of news coverage, the hush hush, nancy grace not covering it, the hold off on the landfill search, tellling Logan to wait around and then nothing happens. I see they set up the trust fund so even though I am all for the idea and plan to donate, it kind of dashes my hope because the family wouldn't bother if they have any news. Of course I would still give to the fund when Gabriel is found because I want this baby to have everything he could ever imagine and don't want Logan to have a hard time worrying about money but I feel as though they don't have any real info from the LE either and they should be the first to know. the whole story is just so strange from beginning until now.
:banghead:

BBM
I feel so antsy inside, because I feel like something's about to boil over. I wonder if it's something the FBI is working, and possibly for either Gabriel's protection, or to catch a certain person, they are waiting. I like to think they are like a rattlesnake, coiled up and waiting for the strike. I know Logan must be going nuts with the lack of info too. I am so sorry about that, but I hope something does come soon. Unlike LE, that might leak something to the family, I don't feel the FBI would. JMO.

On another note, there's so much about all the interviews that stick out as strange to me, and this may be nothing, but the fact that a 23 year old uses the word "hasty" just doesn't seem right. Is that a word she used often? What bugs me about it is, it's a word an older person is likely to use, someone like JS. I don't know, it's just wierd. http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/search-baby-gabriel-arizona-mother-refuses-police-find/story?id=9489263

Another part that has been bugging me is the comment about Victoria, TX, when JS seems to nudge TS. (I swear I can't find a link) I don't feel like it's a "shut up" nudge, but more like a "see, it did work to get them on the wrong trail.

I just need something to go on, this lack of info is painful. :(

captdj
01-28-2010, 11:31 PM

When asked why she told Logan she had killed Gabriel... Elizabeth's answer was " I was emotionally a wreck and completely out of my mind"

That is a scary statement coming from Elizabeth....knowing what shes done in the past when she was upset.....

kissdegirl
01-28-2010, 11:37 PM
When asked why she told Logan she had killed Gabriel... Elizabeth's answer was " I was emotionally a wreck and completely out of my mind"

That is a scary statement coming from Elizabeth....knowing what shes done in the past when she was upset.....

I agree.

danisisa
01-28-2010, 11:38 PM
[QUOTE=kissdegirl;4745087]I hadn't heard this raw intervew with EJ before, so I'm sorry if it's been posted. It's a 10 minute phone interview.

http://www.kpho.com/video/22155911/index.html[/QUOTE

After listening to this, I believe EJ does not know where G is. IF TS and JS sent the people to get G, the would have scripted them what to say. I think she knows there names, but would the names even be real.

BeanE
01-28-2010, 11:43 PM
After listening to this yet again:

Do we know if it was EJ that had asked to speak to TS, or vice versa?

If EJ had asked to talk to TS, and had said specifically that there was something she wanted to ask TS, as was implied at the very end of the interview, then

I believe TS intentionally took media with her to be sure that EJ did NOT ask that specific question or questions, such as maybe "is Gabriel ok?". She wanted EJ to know they were not alone.

TS controlled the interview the whole time, using it to blame Logan, and then Jack took over to give EJ the reminder of Gabriel just needing a little time to "change his looks".

The part I don't get is their telling her she could be in jail for life. I can't come up with an explanation that fits this angle on things. Anyone?

Eliz called her grandfather from jail to get Tammi's phone number.

In an interview before the call between Tammi and Eliz, Tammi said that Eliz wanted Tammi's attorney to help her get custody of Gabe, yet custody wasn't mentioned. There is a segment of phone conversation prior to that made public that has not been published, except in short clips, none of which mention custody.

Looking at the transcript of the phone call, it is obvious that Tammi did not 'control the interview the whole time' (the majority of the interview is between Eliz and the reporter), Jack never reminded Eliz that Gabe just needed time to change his looks, and they pointed out to Eliz that she could spend the rest of her life in jail specifically for murder.

not_my_kids transcribed the interview and it's posted in these threads.

danisisa
01-28-2010, 11:46 PM
I think this is bigger than just G. Please don't take that wrong. I have lost sleep trying to web search to find anything I can. I think what TS wanted will reveal something else and lil G will be home soon. EJ, unfortunantly, got brainwashed and played. Not that I am defending her actions because she needs some serious counseling.

sleuth2001
01-28-2010, 11:59 PM
I too wonder if this is not bigger than just G. Of course my main focus at this point is to find Gabriel but I believe this was a well planned out thing. The Texas cell phone, going to a library to use a computer thinking it couldn't be traced specially to E. because it was a public place and many people use the computers, driving specifically to SA and spending approx 6 days having the baby all days but the last. Then ditching the car so LE was looking for her in a car instead of a bus. GPS system bought to get her to a specific area. I mean if you were driving at random just to run why would you need a GPS to guide you? SA is a big place and I am sure there are road signs all over the interstate letting you know you are there and a hotel could be found anywhere! setting up the false father papers prior to the run, selling stuff before the run. The only thing I don't get is they didn't plan E's getaway very well or she screwed it up by texting L and then the hunt was on. Maybe she wasn't suppose to have any communication with L and then when she did she got pissed and sent the text. Seems to me her getaway should have been planned so as she wouldn't get caught because if she got caught the more likely they would get caught...somebody messed up!

cyberborg
01-29-2010, 12:15 AM
OK my eyes are old but does this person look the same Is that Lenny?
His shirt even looks the same or similar

http://makorecovery.com/rob%20dick%20kara%20keene%20leonard%20padilla%20re x%20venator%20spyder.jpg

and this video at 2:34

http://www.kpho.com/video/22146968/index.html

Similar shirts, similar guys -- not the same. Good catch though!! He does look like a Lenny. ;-)

OneLove
01-29-2010, 12:25 AM
Eliz called her grandfather from jail to get Tammi's phone number.

In an interview before the call between Tammi and Eliz, Tammi said that Eliz wanted Tammi's attorney to help her get custody of Gabe, yet custody wasn't mentioned. There is a segment of phone conversation prior to that made public that has not been published, except in short clips, none of which mention custody.

Looking at the transcript of the phone call, it is obvious that Tammi did not 'control the interview the whole time' (the majority of the interview is between Eliz and the reporter), Jack never reminded Eliz that Gabe just needed time to change his looks, and they pointed out to Eliz that she could spend the rest of her life in jail specifically for murder.
not_my_kids transcribed the interview and it's posted in these threads.

I probably should have explained my intent a bit better. I felt that Tammi controlled the interview because she started out telling Eliz she had a reporter with her who wanted to ask her questions. So even tho the reporter took up half the time or more, that was still Tammi's engineering of the way time was used. Then Tammi talked, then Jack. Then 60 seconds to ask EJ what it was she had wanted.

When I say that Jack "reminded" Eliz that Gabe just needed time to change his looks, I meant that the odd way Jack worked that into the conversation could be taken to be a reminder of things they had talked about before or during Eliz's trip to SA when discussing what to do since Plan A (getting Logan to sign the papers) didn't work. They might have told her that IF she did get arrested, IF she was willing to hold out long enough without talking, Gabe would quickly grow into a different look, making it harder to find him. If they HAD discussed this prior, this might have been a "reminder" of that. It seems to me that Tammi was afraid to talk to EJ in circumstances where EJ felt they might have privacy. For fear of what?

When they told EJ that she could spend life in prison for murder, MAYBE they had discussed this prior and had told her that even if she was threatened with murder charges, if she just waited as long as she could before talking, murder charges would be dropped when she DID tell what she knew and it would all be reduced to the lowest possible charge and she would be ok in the end, not to be frightened by the process.

I know that its hard to read intent and conjecture into these posts, but these points were all conjecture on my part, rather than literal.

You bring up a good point about Tammi speaking of EJ wanting them to help her get custody by getting her an attorney. Is it at all possible that this is what EJ wanted to talk to her about and Tammi, realizing that it would nail them to the wall (uh, not literally, ok?), then manipulated the interview to prevent her from discussing it?

Just trying to cover all the angles and all the possibilities, while leaving all possibilities open also. There seems to be no one theory that is a frontrunner at this point. I tend to float a new theory hourly because I can't seem to be at peace as long as Gabriel is still missing.

JUSTWANTTHEFACTS
01-29-2010, 12:33 AM
its just unbelievable to me that with as much time as EJ has spent in jail she wouldn't have "cracked" by now or her story wouldn't have changed . . . maybe, and I do mean maybe here, the "couple" she gave the baby to are the real bad guys and are purposefully not coming forward because they want to keep G or sell him

BeanE
01-29-2010, 12:38 AM
Similar shirts, similar guys -- not the same. Good catch though!! He does look like a Lenny. ;-)

I double checked with MissingGabe (with my hair standing on end), and she double checked with Logan. Leonard is not the PI involved.

OneLove
01-29-2010, 12:39 AM
its just unbelievable to me that with as much time as EJ has spent in jail she wouldn't have "cracked" by now or her story wouldn't have changed . . . maybe, and I do mean maybe here, the "couple" she gave the baby to are the real bad guys and are purposefully not coming forward because they want to keep G or sell him

Do you have any other theories on why EJ has not cracked? Well, other than that she did do the unthinkable.

vjlaw
01-29-2010, 12:44 AM
I guess I missed it somewhere along the way, but why would the grandfather have Tammi's phone number? Or did Elizabeth ask the grandfather for it or ask to get it for her? Had the grandfather and Tammi met?

BeanE
01-29-2010, 12:45 AM
I probably should have explained my intent a bit better. I felt that Tammi controlled the interview because she started out telling Eliz she had a reporter with her who wanted to ask her questions. So even tho the reporter took up half the time or more, that was still Tammi's engineering of the way time was used. Then Tammi talked, then Jack. Then 60 seconds to ask EJ what it was she had wanted.

When I say that Jack "reminded" Eliz that Gabe just needed time to change his looks, I meant that the odd way Jack worked that into the conversation could be taken to be a reminder of things they had talked about before or during Eliz's trip to SA when discussing what to do since Plan A (getting Logan to sign the papers) didn't work. They might have told her that IF she did get arrested, IF she was willing to hold out long enough without talking, Gabe would quickly grow into a different look, making it harder to find him. If they HAD discussed this prior, this might have been a "reminder" of that. It seems to me that Tammi was afraid to talk to EJ in circumstances where EJ felt they might have privacy. For fear of what?

When they told EJ that she could spend life in prison for murder, MAYBE they had discussed this prior and had told her that even if she was threatened with murder charges, if she just waited as long as she could before talking, murder charges would be dropped when she DID tell what she knew and it would all be reduced to the lowest possible charge and she would be ok in the end, not to be frightened by the process.

I know that its hard to read intent and conjecture into these posts, but these points were all conjecture on my part, rather than literal.

You bring up a good point about Tammi speaking of EJ wanting them to help her get custody by getting her an attorney. Is it at all possible that this is what EJ wanted to talk to her about and Tammi, realizing that it would nail them to the wall (uh, not literally, ok?), then manipulated the interview to prevent her from discussing it?

Just trying to cover all the angles and all the possibilities, while leaving all possibilities open also. There seems to be no one theory that is a frontrunner at this point. I tend to float a new theory hourly because I can't seem to be at peace as long as Gabriel is still missing.

I think Eliz was in complete control of the interview and herself, despite the few attempts Tammi made to introduce things into the conversation.

Eliz was very clever in the way she answered - and didn't answer - the reporter's and Tammi's questions.

Eliz only twice had a hard time controlling herself, and both those times were when the reporter was questioning her. Both of her answers had to do with Logan.

Occam's Razor.

BeanE
01-29-2010, 12:47 AM

Actually, whereas Eliz isn't talking to LE, she's given 5 different versions of what happened to others.

OneLove
01-29-2010, 12:47 AM
I too wonder if this is not bigger than just G. Of course my main focus at this point is to find Gabriel but I believe this was a well planned out thing. The Texas cell phone, going to a library to use a computer thinking it couldn't be traced specially to E. because it was a public place and many people use the computers, driving specifically to SA and spending approx 6 days having the baby all days but the last. Then ditching the car so LE was looking for her in a car instead of a bus. GPS system bought to get her to a specific area. I mean if you were driving at random just to run why would you need a GPS to guide you? SA is a big place and I am sure there are road signs all over the interstate letting you know you are there and a hotel could be found anywhere! setting up the false father papers prior to the run, selling stuff before the run. The only thing I don't get is they didn't plan E's getaway very well or she screwed it up by texting L and then the hunt was on. Maybe she wasn't suppose to have any communication with L and then when she did she got pissed and sent the text. Seems to me her getaway should have been planned so as she wouldn't get caught because if she got caught the more likely they would get caught...somebody messed up!

Good points. And add to the looking for her in a car, also looking for her on a plane. She did text Logan that she was getting on a plane. Decoys.

BeanE
01-29-2010, 12:48 AM
I guess I missed it somewhere along the way, but why would the grandfather have Tammi's phone number? Or did Elizabeth ask the grandfather for it or ask to get it for her? Had the grandfather and Tammi met?

Good questions.

sleuth2001
01-29-2010, 01:02 AM
they said on Gabriels page that TS has gotten an attorney and he has advised her not to talk to the media. A high profile attorney! Well she is still typing away on her FB as of a few minutes ago. I want to see what the handwriting person had to say. Wish they would put that link up! LM is wanting names for psychic which again gives me a bad feeling that police have NO information or you would think they would have told the daddy.

b4e
01-29-2010, 01:06 AM
Handwriting analyst on the major players in the baby Gabriel case:

http://www.azfamily.com/video/featured-videos/Handwriting-analyst-on-major-players-in-Baby-Gabriel-case-83001462.html

BeanE
01-29-2010, 01:49 AM
Hello to all our guest readers! Please feel free to sign up and come on in and join us.

Thank you for caring about Gabe :-)

BeanE

Amster
01-29-2010, 02:00 AM
Handwriting analyst on the major players in the baby Gabriel case:

http://www.azfamily.com/video/featured-videos/Handwriting-analyst-on-major-players-in-Baby-Gabriel-case-83001462.html

How nice....Tammi agrees with the analysis....

If nothing else, she has gotten what she craves. Attention.

DairyGirl
01-29-2010, 02:04 AM
they said on Gabriels page that TS has gotten an attorney and he has advised her not to talk to the media. A high profile attorney! Well she is still typing away on her FB as of a few minutes ago. I want to see what the handwriting person had to say. Wish they would put that link up! LM is wanting names for psychic which again gives me a bad feeling that police have NO information or you would think they would have told the daddy.

I can almost guarantee they aren't paying for the lawyer. Must be another person seeking attention. Unless they are really sweating criminal charges. Looks like they may be imminent

not_my_kids
01-29-2010, 02:16 AM
I'm sicker than a dog, so bear with me. I found this video...it shows the screencap of the comment from Tammi about EJ having found underground help.
I know someone was looking for screencaps, this is the next best.
At the -3:30 mark.
http://www.azfamily.com/outbound-feeds/yahoo-news/Couple-named-persons-of-interest-in-missing-baby-case-take-lie-detector-test-81053957.html

not_my_kids
01-29-2010, 02:22 AM
http://www.i-act.org/IACTMember/membersjobsearch.html

And I have no idea if this has any worth, but I found this too.

From when she was looking for certified hydrotherpist for the Scottsdale location.

BeanE
01-29-2010, 08:24 AM
I'm sicker than a dog, so bear with me. I found this video...it shows the screencap of the comment from Tammi about EJ having found underground help.
I know someone was looking for screencaps, this is the next best.
At the -3:30 mark.
http://www.azfamily.com/outbound-feeds/yahoo-news/Couple-named-persons-of-interest-in-missing-baby-case-take-lie-detector-test-81053957.html

O/T - NMK, you've been working so hard on this case, I hope you get real well and real soon. Take care of yourself and I hope you can get some rest.

Big hugs,
BeanE

P.S. great find on that screencap. Thank you!

BeanE
01-29-2010, 08:30 AM
Good morning, friends. I am feeling much better today, after reading this article:

San Antonio Police: It's not a homicide investigation

Police in San Antonio, Texas say they are moving "full steam ahead" in the search for Gabriel Johnson. The 8-month old was last seen in San Antonio on December, 26th, "We have some things in the planning stage and will undertake soon in our attempts to find baby Gabriel," said Chief William McManus.

While the owners of a landfill in San Antonio have been contacted police say they have no immediate plans to search the area. As of now they are focused on finding the baby, "If we believe the baby was dead we would open a homicide investigation, now that is not the case," said McManus. Police would not elaborate on what sort of plan they have been working on.

http://www.azcentral.com/12news/news/articles/2010/01/28/20100128missingbaby01282010-CR.html

I'm hoping this statement by the Chief himself will open doors to some resources for the family in San Antonio.

It's not enough, for me, that the Chief *say* these things. The SAPD needs to start acting like it NOW! They don't even have Gabe's poster up on the SAPD website :banghead: :furious:

Let's hope today things start hopping.

dini1976
01-29-2010, 09:20 AM
Yeah! I have a little spring in my step this morning. Yesterday was very aggrivating, with little to nothing coming in.

TXHOPE
01-29-2010, 10:19 AM
[QUOTE=BeanE;4746408]Good morning, friends. I am feeling much better today, after reading this article:

Police in San Antonio, Texas say they are moving "full steam ahead" in the search for Gabriel Johnson. The 8-month old was last seen in San Antonio on December, 26th, "We have some things in the planning stage and will undertake soon in our attempts to find baby Gabriel," said Chief William McManus.

While the owners of a landfill in San Antonio have been contacted police say they have no immediate plans to search the area. As of now they are focused on finding the baby, "If we believe the baby was dead we would open a homicide investigation, now that is not the case," said McManus. Police would not elaborate on what sort of plan they have been working on.

http://www.azcentral.com/12news/news/articles/2010/01/28/20100128missingbaby01282010-CR.html

I think this is huge!! Today is going to be a better a day in the search for Gabriel, I can feel it! They have to know more information that leads them to believe he's alive. This should motivate everyone to go put more flyers out!!

They searched the computer at the library and in the hotel, I'm hoping they found something. Planning stage?? I'm excited and I now have a little hope that he is alive. Sweet baby, I pray that he is.

BeanE
01-29-2010, 10:32 AM
Gabe's story coming up on NBC's Today Show in a few minutes!

kappy50
01-29-2010, 10:39 AM
Gabe's story coming up on NBC's Today Show in a few minutes!

BeanE....would you be so kind as to give an update on that...our national news is being preempted here for severe winter weather warning...and you know that means "Wall to Wall"""...Thank You!

NewMommy09
01-29-2010, 10:53 AM
Good morning, friends. I am feeling much better today, after reading this article:

I'm hoping this statement by the Chief himself will open doors to some resources for the family in San Antonio.

It's not enough, for me, that the Chief *say* these things. The SAPD needs to start acting like it NOW! They don't even have Gabe's poster up on the SAPD website :banghead: :furious:
Let's hope today things start hopping.

BBM, I emailed the SAPD missing persons unit 6 days ago with the information and asked them to put Gabriel on their missing page. I NEVER heard a single word back from them. I am so :furious: about it. Maybe if a few sleuthers would like to email them too, that would light a fire under their arses???
I'm gonna find the info and will be back to post it.

As to the rest of BeanE's post, :woohoo:, I REALLY needed some good news this morning about Gabriel's case. I'm not sleeping well through all of this, and with work, and taking care of an infant and 4 pets, etc. I'm just running myself to the ground. I really needed this small pick me up.

ETA: SAPD link http://www.sanantonio.gov/sapd/missing.asp
Email for SAPD missing persons unit youth@sanantonio.gov
Email for SAPD Carla.Zainie@sanantonio.gov

NewMommy09
01-29-2010, 10:54 AM
Also, could someone paraphrase the video about the handwriting analysis for me? I can't access that video here at work. TIA

kissdegirl
01-29-2010, 10:59 AM
BBM, I emailed the SAPD missing persons unit 6 days ago with the information and asked them to put Gabriel on their missing page. I NEVER heard a single word back from them. I am so :furious: about it. Maybe if a few sleuthers would like to email them too, that would light a fire under their arses???
I'm gonna find the info and will be back to post it.

As to the rest of BeanE's post, :woohoo:, I REALLY needed some good news this morning about Gabriel's case. I'm not sleeping well through all of this, and with work, and taking care of an infant and 4 pets, etc. I'm just running myself to the ground. I really needed this small pick me up.

Oh how I can relate. We need this, and Gabriel needs us to keep hope!

Update us on The Today show, I think I'm too late to see it. I'm hoping my local NBC station can show it tonight now, since they said they don't have the staff to cover San Antonio...:furious:

I wonder who the Smith's lawyer is? One for the illegal adoption people I'm sure.

SallyManda
01-29-2010, 11:02 AM
Does anyone know how she payed for her hotel rooms? If she payed in advanced I'd assume she would have to use a credit card online? It might be able to trace back to see who's credit card was used. Particularly since I heard she used a fake ID? Did she use her real name on the credit card?

~Lisa~
01-29-2010, 11:11 AM
Does anyone know how she payed for her hotel rooms? If she payed in advanced I'd assume she would have to use a credit card online? It might be able to trace back to see who's credit card was used. Particularly since I heard she used a fake ID? Did she use her real name on the credit card?

I believe she paid in cash not sure about the fake ID

JMO

BeanE
01-29-2010, 11:12 AM
I had a phone call and missed the Today Show piece. I'm keeping an eye out for them to post the video. Usually it's about an hour until they post it.

Meanwhile, more mixed messages:

Search for Baby Gabriel may soon begin at east-side landfill
Posted on January 29, 2010 at 6:56 AM

A section of an east-side landfill where police have been lately now has been staked off with indicators that show how deep to dig

http://www.kens5.com/news/Search-for-Baby-Gabriel-may-soon-begin-at-east-side-landfill-83020582.html

NewMommy09
01-29-2010, 11:14 AM

JMO

I know some places will let you pay in cash, but I was under the impression that Suite style hotels rarely do, especially if you are staying for a week. Most of them still make you have a credit card on file for any possible damages to the room, even if you pay in cash. IMO, of course.

NewMommy09
01-29-2010, 11:18 AM
I had a phone call and missed the Today Show piece. I'm keeping an eye out for them to post the video. Usually it's about an hour until they post it.

Meanwhile, more mixed messages:

Search for Baby Gabriel may soon begin at east-side landfill
Posted on January 29, 2010 at 6:56 AM

A section of an east-side landfill where police have been lately now has been staked off with indicators that show how deep to dig

http://www.kens5.com/news/Search-for-Baby-Gabriel-may-soon-begin-at-east-side-landfill-83020582.html

BeanE,
I just can't wrap my head around all of this back and forth. What do you make of it? The only idea's I can come up with are:
A. The different PD's have different idea's about what happened but are playing a blame game back and forth that is ending up in the media.
B. Somehow this is supposed to entice someone into opening up, coming forward, turning Gabriel in, etc.
C. The SAPD does think Gabriel is not alive but does not want the public to know that because they are afraid it will cause people to stop searching for him, and then if they are wrong, they will be put through the grinder.

These are all raw theories.

~Lisa~
01-29-2010, 11:21 AM
12 News has learned the Smith's have hired high profile criminal attorney Mike Kimerer. The Smith's say they have been advised to keep quite from now on. When 12 News reached Jack Smith he would only say he and his wife thought it was time to hire an attorney.

SallyManda
01-29-2010, 11:24 AM

JMO

Maybe its just bad reporting. I dont think you can pay in advance with cash..Maybe media just meant she made a reservation in advance..I just can't keep anything straight. The media in these cities needs to do some serious fact checking.

SallyManda
01-29-2010, 11:25 AM
BeanE,
I just can't wrap my head around all of this back and forth. What do you make of it. The only idea's I can come up with are:
A. The different PD's have different idea's about what happened but are playing a blame game back and forth that is ending up in the media.
B. Somehow this is supposed to entice someone into opening up, coming forward, turning Gabriel in, etc.
C. The SAPD does think Gabriel is not alive but does not want the public to know that because they are afraid it will cause people to stop searching for him, and then if they are wrong, they will be put through the grinder.

Is it possible they might be planning to search for evidence and not a body?

SallyManda
01-29-2010, 11:29 AM
Ok one more question..Does anyone know if the GPS has a memory of things that were searched and when they were added to the GPS? If the places EJ went were already listed in the GPS before it was supposedly given to EJ that would be rather odd...

I don't have a car GPS, but on my phone GPS if you search for something its kind of stored in the memory for easy recall if you need it again. It pops up in the search field like it would if you had searched something previously on say google or something. I dont know if the device keeps records of WHEN that search was made?

YellowSubmarine
01-29-2010, 11:31 AM

JMO

Yes, but I don't think there's many hotels, especially not one like the Homegate Studios, that doesn't require a credit card just in case. You have to have a card attached to the room until you check out, at that time, you can pay cash instead of using the card. Soooo . . . who's card held the room?

Last I'd heard, LE was trying to get all this info but the hotel people were saying they'd need to know the name she used for the room. I'm SURE they have got all this by now - including calls she may have made from the room, evidence from the room and video surveillance. We did hear that FBI had that surveillance of the supposed "couple", but, that was from EJ. LE is staying pretty darn tight lipped with everything in this case.

The comment from SAPD that they have an angle they've been working and are getting ready to go forth with it gives me hope. I'm thinking they've been watching someone, collecting as much evidence as possible and are getting ready to close in now. I'm thinking that's why they've asked Logan to wait. Logan said LE wouldn't tell him why they wanted him to hold off and that he was leaving Wed am. From his actions and things he's said, I don't think he'd "hold off" without a reason. My guess is they've told him they're on these people - they need him to stay back and hush - and they're hoping to move in Wed.

Let's all think positive for Team Logan!!!

TXHOPE
01-29-2010, 11:32 AM
BeanE,
I just can't wrap my head around all of this back and forth. What do you make of it. The only idea's I can come up with are:

They said the landfill was marked off weeks ago in case they needed to search it. That was just released this week so I think the media has just jumped all over and turned it into the worst case scenerio. I think the report above is basically old news riding on the back of the coat tails of all of the landfill reports from yesterday and the day before. The only new information is what came directly from SA police today-this is not a homicide investigation.

"If we believe the baby was dead we would open a homicide investigation, now that is not the case," said McManus.

YellowSubmarine
01-29-2010, 11:35 AM
Ok one more question..Does anyone know if the GPS has a memory of things that were searched and when they were added to the GPS? If the places EJ went were already listed in the GPS before it was supposedly given to EJ that would be rather odd...

I don't have a car GPS, but on my phone GPS if you search for something its kind of stored in the memory for easy recall if you need it again. It pops up in the search field like it would if you had searched something previously on say google or something. I dont know if the device keeps records of WHEN that search was made?

I believe it does, even if it's been "deleted"

Prof
01-29-2010, 11:39 AM
Oh how I can relate. We need this, and Gabriel needs us to keep hope!

Update us on The Today show, I think I'm too late to see it. I'm hoping my local NBC station can show it tonight now, since they said they don't have the staff to cover San Antonio...:furious:

I wonder who the Smith's lawyer is? One for the illegal adoption people I'm sure.

lol yes, TS is that dumb

I have been looking into him, and he has handled cases that made national news
Here is one example, the case of the guy who stabbed his wife 43 times while sleepwalking :( sounds like a perfect match
http://www.nytimes.com/1999/06/07/us/sleepwalking-given-as-defense-by-man-in-killing-of-wife.html?pagewanted=1

ETA he is also known for defending another murderer who claims he was asleep and woke up still half asleep and stabbed his roommate
Client was 16 and a son of a fairly well-known writer I've read before http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1144&dat=19900523&id=onk0AAAAIBAJ&sjid=6pYEAAAAIBAJ&pg=3405,4350262

I do wonder about this letter with "proof" of their evidence from attorney to LE -- sounds like an unusual move -- I wonder what AZ Lawyer thinks about this move

kissdegirl
01-29-2010, 11:44 AM
lol yes, TS is that dumb

Here is one example :( sounds like a perfect match
http://www.nytimes.com/1999/06/07/us/sleepwalking-given-as-defense-by-man-in-killing-of-wife.html?pagewanted=1

Oh good grief. Sounds like a match made in hell.

TXHOPE
01-29-2010, 11:57 AM
Oh good grief. Sounds like a match made in hell.

Wow! That was his defense?? Why don't all murderers use the defense of sleep walking, then no one will be held responsible..The Smiths are going to need someone that thinks outside of the box.. Perfect match!

kappy50
01-29-2010, 12:03 PM
Wow! That was his defense?? Why don't all murderers use the defense of sleep walking, then no one will be held responsible..The Smiths are going to need someone that thinks outside of the box.. Perfect match!

weather here is knocking me off...who's the attorney ???

Ives
01-29-2010, 12:03 PM
Uhmmmm. Why in Hades is TS and JS have a murder attorny?? and why is a high profile attorny stepping up for them, but not EJ?? I would think it would be better to step up for the main person, more coverage, attention, ect. ect. IDK, anyone else??

BeanE
01-29-2010, 12:07 PM
Maybe its just bad reporting. I dont think you can pay in advance with cash..Maybe media just meant she made a reservation in advance..I just can't keep anything straight. The media in these cities needs to do some serious fact checking.

You can pay cash in advance at most hotels. Some require an additional cash deposit, most don't.

A picture I.D. is required since 9/11.

The easiest way to confirm if you can pay cash in advance at a hotel is to call the desk clerk and ask if you need anything in addition to your picture I.D. and cash in hand to check in.

Just sayin'.

~Lisa~
01-29-2010, 12:08 PM

haha bcuz...
Scott Falater was found guilty of first degree murder and sentenced to life in prison without chance of parole. :woohoo:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homicidal_somnambulism

JMO

AZlawyer
01-29-2010, 12:10 PM
lol yes, TS is that dumb

Here is one example, the case of the guy who stabbed his wife 43 times while sleepwalking :( sounds like a perfect match

ETA he is also known for defending another murderer who claims he was asleep and woke up still half asleep and stabbed his roommate
Client was 16 and a son of a fairly well-known writer I've read before http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1144&dat=19900523&id=onk0AAAAIBAJ&sjid=6pYEAAAAIBAJ&pg=3405,4350262

I do wonder about this letter with "proof" of their evidence from attorney to LE -- sounds like an unusual move -- I wonder what AZ Lawyer thinks about this move

Mike K is a well-known criminal lawyer here. He was president of the AZ Bar at one point, I believe, and is known for his creative approaches to defending his clients. He is also very comfortable with using the media to assist him in his defense.

BeanE
01-29-2010, 12:13 PM
Uhmmmm. Why in Hades is TS and JS have a murder attorny?? and why is a high profile attorny stepping up for them, but not EJ?? I would think it would be better to step up for the main person, more coverage, attention, ect. ect. IDK, anyone else??

Some attorneys like publicity. Some like a challenge. Some are masochistic.

YellowSubmarine
01-29-2010, 12:13 PM

Maybe he did step up for the main person . . . .

I remember that story of the sleepwalking murder from Dateline NBC awhile back. I was in the mind set it was complete BS. Then, after MK started with the defense, I have to admit, he was good. Had me believing it was possible. If T & JS did something wrong and he is their atty . . . rut-roh

YellowSubmarine
01-29-2010, 12:16 PM
Wonder if we should start a thread on this atty -- or maybe posts about him should be in the Smith's thread? Better to keep it seperate if this thing blows up.

TXHOPE
01-29-2010, 12:16 PM
Maybe he did step up for the main person . . . .

I remember that story of the sleepwalking murder from Dateline NBC awhile back. I was in the mind set it was complete BS. Then, after MK started with the defense, I have to admit, he was good. Had me believing it was possible. If T & JS did something wrong and he is their atty . . . rut-roh

Maybe he stepped up for the main person in the media. He just wants the media attention and will probably be doing the rounds with the Smiths sometime soon.

Prof
01-29-2010, 12:20 PM

Mike Kimerer

SallyManda
01-29-2010, 12:21 PM
You can pay cash in advance at most hotels. Some require an additional cash deposit, most don't.

The easiest way to confirm if you can pay cash in advance at a hotel is to call the desk clerk and ask if you need anything in addition to your picture I.D. and cash in hand to check in.

Just sayin'.

Oh do they mean that she payed cash in advance when she got there?

I was thinking that it meant she paid in ADVANCE (ie before she got there). I don't know how you would pay in cash before you got there :)

Prof
01-29-2010, 12:26 PM

O/T the sleepwalker got off on a prior case in Canada -- I'd say that hurt his case in AZ if it was admissable

Thank AZ Lawyer!

Creative approaches and use of the media? The Smiths really did find their match

Prof
01-29-2010, 12:29 PM

O/T the sleepwalker got off on a prior case in Canada -- I'd say that hurt his case in AZ if it was admissable

Thank AZ Lawyer

Creative approaches and use of the media? The Smiths really did find their match

I am very curious how one can show proof of non-involvement in a case?

Prof
01-29-2010, 12:32 PM

Thank AZ Lawyer

I am very curious how one can show proof of non-involvement in a case?

Kamille
01-29-2010, 01:15 PM

Just sayin'.

The clerk at the second hotel, The Quality Inn, stated that EJ's I.D. was "swiped" into their computer. Sorry but I'm not familiar with U.S. identification but is it possible to "swipe" a driver's license into a hotel computer system so that they have the person's information should a bill be required to be sent to that person if there are any additional charges that are not paid at the time of check out?

And if they did "swipe" the fake ID without a problem, wouldn't that indicate some pretty good fake ID rather than a "novelty" fake ID?

TXHOPE
01-29-2010, 01:21 PM
The clerk at the second hotel, The Quality Inn, stated that EJ's I.D. was "swiped" into their computer. Sorry but I'm not familiar with U.S. identification but is it possible to "swipe" a driver's license into a hotel computer system so that they have the person's information should a bill be required to be sent to that person if there are any additional charges that are not paid at the time of check out?

And if they did "swipe" the fake ID without a problem, wouldn't that indicate some pretty good fake ID rather than a "novelty" fake ID?

I don't understand how that would work either unless she had someone else's ID and it wasn't fake, it just wasn't her.

NewMommy09
01-29-2010, 01:24 PM

TX ID's have a black magnetic strip like credit cards. That's where the "swipe" comment comes from. Your ID is actually electronically swiped to buy drinks at a bar or restaurant here. I actually had a problem once where at a restaurant, I ordered a drink and when they swiped my card, the information came up as somebody else, a male. I have NO IDEA how that happened. Nobody had ever had my ID for any reason, in fact it was pretty new at the time. I don't know if there was some kind of mix up, or if somehow my ID# was used for someone to produce a fake ID. Just thought I would share that info in the hopes it helps someone figure this out.

ETA: Also wanted to add that if EJ was able to "befriend" someone at a DMV, she could possibly have gotten a "REAL" ID with fake info??? Just an idea, I could be WAY off. I've never had a fake ID and have NO idea where or how to get one or how it works. The closest I ever got was to use one of my friends ID's when I was 20. I looked nothing like her, but the club bouncer didn't care as long as I showed him ID.

STEADFAST
01-29-2010, 01:30 PM

It's not expensive to include a readable magnetic strip with a fake driver's license. Here's a snip from an article about someone arrested for selling fake i.d.'s. (Coincidentally ?, he lived in Tempe, AZ.)

Miller is alleged to have charged $5.25 per laminate, 75 cents to generically encode each magnetic strip, and $2 for specific encoding of the magnetic strip.
http://www.thefreelibrary.com/STATE+BUSTS+HUGE+FAKE-ID+RING+OPERATION+SENT+MATERIALS+ACROSS+NATION.-a0106569091

BeanE
01-29-2010, 01:40 PM

Drivers licenses here are bar coded. They can be swiped on a reader at hotels, stores, etc, to pick up the person's name, address, etc, on file.

If the license worked when it was swiped, then it would indicate an I.D. with information actually stored at the DMV, rather than a novelty I.D.

Depending on the amount of money each particular state has put into it, the licenses have varying levels of protection against tampering. She could have used a license from any state. All she needed was one that would not give an error when swiped.

People who swipe cards at hotels, stores, etc, typically don't pay any attention to what's on the card. All they want to do is swipe, get the green light, and move on.

Eliz could have simply 'borrowed' someone's license and taken the risk that whoever she handed it to wouldn't look at it closely. There is much to indicate that Eliz was reading up on the Caylee Anthony case.

Boo Scout
01-29-2010, 01:44 PM
I am brand new, so forgive me if I don't get this posting exactly right.

Instead of swiped could the fake ID have been scanned? A lot of places use those small ID scanners now to save a person's id.

Swiping at a hotel would seem to indicate a credit card. I've never had a hotel swipe my driver's license. But then again, I always pay with credit cards. Swiping a picture ID could be standard practice if paying with cash.

Thanks for all the work on here...I've been doing a lot of reading of previous posts.

Also I believe Today Show segment will be on Saturday morning.

NewMommy09
01-29-2010, 01:45 PM
WELCOME to Websleuths Boo Scout. Glad to have you.

pghbrandi
01-29-2010, 01:52 PM
WELCOME boo scout!

BeanE
01-29-2010, 01:53 PM
Welcome to Websleuths, Boo Scout. Good to have you here!

BeanE
01-29-2010, 02:01 PM
SA Police Chief Bill McManus hopeful Baby Gabriel still alive
woaitv.com
Last Update: 10:07 am

More extensive interview with Chief. Less hopeful. The video includes info from Tempe PD that is not included in the written article.

Article: http://www.woai.com/news/local/story/SA-Police-Chief-Bill-McManus-hopeful-Baby-Gabriel/tPKoEF7Bckm2kgjxjd0rFA.cspx

Video: http://www.woai.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoid=791586@woai.dayport.com&navCatId=5

Kamille
01-29-2010, 02:02 PM
I am brand new, so forgive me if I don't get this posting exactly right.

Instead of swiped could the fake ID have been scanned? A lot of places use those small ID scanners now to save a person's id.

Swiping at a hotel would seem to indicate a credit card. I've never had a hotel swipe my driver's license. But then again, I always pay with credit cards. Swiping a picture ID could be standard practice if paying with cash.

Thanks for all the work on here...I've been doing a lot of reading of previous posts.

Also I believe Today Show segment will be on Saturday morning.

Welcome Boo Scout!

Here is the information from the NG blog that indicates what this hotel clerk has said.

As investigators open a missing persons case for Gabriel Johnson in San Antonio, we are learning more about mother Elizabeth Johnson’s possible movements during her time in San Antonio from a hotel clerk who checked Johnson into one of the hotels. The clerk, who wishes to remain anonymous, says Johnson checked in under a different name and believes Johnson had a Texas ID.

The clerk told us the hotel swipes identifications and the computer puts the information on the screen for the employee, but in order to look up Johnson’s information they need the alleged alias that Johnson used to check in. That name has not been revealed. The clerk says they never saw Elizabeth Johnson with a baby, and Johnson even allegedly brought in a baby car seat and was holding it behind the desk so the clerk couldn’t tell if the baby was inside. The clerk says the only other time they saw Johnson was when Johnson needed some towels. We also learn from the clerk that there is a dumpster in the back of the hotel and is allegedly emptied twice a week. Cops have spoken to the clerk, who has relayed all of this information.

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2010/01/13/hotel-clerk-says-elizabeth-johnson-used-different-name/

So according to this clerk, the hotel does "swipe" identification. And I think we've established that she checked in the Homegate with her own ID, so I am assuming this clerk is from the Quality Inn.

DaneBramage
01-29-2010, 02:15 PM
What about non-driver IDs? Here in AL they issue ID cards for non-drivers They look exactly like DLs to me.

BeanE
01-29-2010, 02:17 PM
Welcome Boo Scout!

Here is the information from the NG blog that indicates what this hotel clerk has said.

As investigators open a missing persons case for Gabriel Johnson in San Antonio, we are learning more about mother Elizabeth Johnson’s possible movements during her time in San Antonio from a hotel clerk who checked Johnson into one of the hotels. The clerk, who wishes to remain anonymous, says Johnson checked in under a different name and believes Johnson had a Texas ID.

The clerk told us the hotel swipes identifications and the computer puts the information on the screen for the employee, but in order to look up Johnson’s information they need the alleged alias that Johnson used to check in. That name has not been revealed. The clerk says they never saw Elizabeth Johnson with a baby, and Johnson even allegedly brought in a baby car seat and was holding it behind the desk so the clerk couldn’t tell if the baby was inside. The clerk says the only other time they saw Johnson was when Johnson needed some towels. We also learn from the clerk that there is a dumpster in the back of the hotel and is allegedly emptied twice a week. Cops have spoken to the clerk, who has relayed all of this information.

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2010/01/13/hotel-clerk-says-elizabeth-johnson-used-different-name/

So according to this clerk, the hotel does "swipe" identification. And I think we've established that she checked in the Homegate with her own ID, so I am assuming this clerk is from the Quality Inn.

I think it was Homegate:

NIDENTIFIED MALE: A San Antonio hotel clerk who checked Gabriel`s mother, Elizabeth Johnson, into one of the hotels claims Johnson checked in under a different name.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I recognize the picture, but that was not the name she used. That`s why I didn`t say anything earlier because I had saw it — I was like, Wow, it looks exactly like a girl I checked in.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The clerk believes Johnson had a Texas ID, but what name Johnson used remains unclear at this point.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: It wasn`t Elizabeth Johnson.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Where was the ID from? What state?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I believe it was Texas.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The clerk says Johnson checked in between December 20 and 26th and the clerk never saw Johnson with little Gabriel. Johnson did allegedly bring in a baby carseat, but was holding it behind the desk so the clerk couldn`t tell if Gabriel was inside the carseat.

snip

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: We`re told that Johnson stayed at this hotel near the airport sometime between December 20th and the 26th. The clerk remembers Johnson checking in, and she may have had the baby with her sitting in the carseat. But one thing is for sure. He says Elizabeth Johnson did not use her own name.

passionflower
01-29-2010, 02:21 PM
JUST heard on HLN.........no link yet............landfill is sectioned off now and dig is to begin now in 1 section!!!

Kamille
01-29-2010, 02:49 PM
I think it was Homegate:

NIDENTIFIED MALE: A San Antonio hotel clerk who checked Gabriel`s mother, Elizabeth Johnson, into one of the hotels claims Johnson checked in under a different name.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I recognize the picture, but that was not the name she used. That`s why I didn`t say anything earlier because I had saw it — I was like, Wow, it looks exactly like a girl I checked in.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The clerk believes Johnson had a Texas ID, but what name Johnson used remains unclear at this point.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: It wasn`t Elizabeth Johnson.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Where was the ID from? What state?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I believe it was Texas.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The clerk says Johnson checked in between December 20 and 26th and the clerk never saw Johnson with little Gabriel. Johnson did allegedly bring in a baby carseat, but was holding it behind the desk so the clerk couldn`t tell if Gabriel was inside the carseat.

snip

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: We`re told that Johnson stayed at this hotel near the airport sometime between December 20th and the 26th. The clerk remembers Johnson checking in, and she may have had the baby with her sitting in the carseat. But one thing is for sure. He says Elizabeth Johnson did not use her own name.

Well BeanE, as with most of NG's reporting (or rather her staff reporters) things around this hotel clerk are as clear as mud. You'll also notice they were still talking about the Homegate by the airport. The video posted today about the Smith's new lawyer once again showed a clip of the Homegate Fiesta Park and yet all clips showing the Homegate on NG that I have seen so far show the San Pedro one. I think what happens is that someone in the field relays information to the studio and then those reporters try to blend it with what they think they know and it all gets jumbled up. It's a disgrace really. This is a serious case and a child is missing. They should all be ashamed at the way they've reported it.

So I am assuming that one of their field reporters who was actually in SA spoke to this hotel clerk. Now unless they spoke to a clerk at the Homegate on San Pedro which apparently has nothing to do with this case, and that clerk gave them false information for his 15 minutes of fame, then I would have to assume that the field reporter did in fact speak to a clerk at a hotel that she checked into using a fake ID. And I believe that it has been reported that LE found this ID with her in Miami. So they would know the name she was using. And if they checked with hotels in the area to see if that name showed up in their system, then they would know which hotel she checked into using the fake ID. From what we have gathered so far, that appears to be the second hotel, which would be the Quality Inn since we know she spent the bulk of the week at the Homegate as verified by the photos. Although EJ herself is denying ever checking into another hotel using fake ID and only checked into the Homegate using her own ID.

Like I said, clear as mud. :banghead:

BeanE
01-29-2010, 02:55 PM
Well BeanE, as with most of NG's reporting (or rather her staff reporters) things around this hotel clerk are as clear as mud. You'll also notice they were still talking about the Homegate by the airport. The video posted today about the Smith's new lawyer once again showed a clip of the Homegate Fiesta Park and yet all clips showing the Homegate on NG that I have seen so far show the San Pedro one. I think what happens is that someone in the field relays information to the studio and then those reporters try to blend it with what they think they know and it all gets jumbled up. It's a disgrace really. This is a serious case and a child is missing. They should all be ashamed at the way they've reported it.

So I am assuming that one of their field reporters who was actually in SA spoke to this hotel clerk. Now unless they spoke to a clerk at the Homegate on San Pedro which apparently has nothing to do with this case, and that clerk gave them false information for his 15 minutes of fame, then I would have to assume that the field reporter did in fact speak to a clerk at a hotel that she checked into using a fake ID. And I believe that it has been reported that LE found this ID with her in Miami. So they would know the name she was using. And if they checked with hotels in the area to see if that name showed up in their system, then they would know which hotel she checked into using the fake ID. From what we have gathered so far, that appears to be the second hotel, which would be the Quality Inn since we know she spent the bulk of the week at the Homegate as verified by the photos. Although EJ herself is denying ever checking into another hotel using fake ID and only checked into the Homegate using her own ID.

Like I said, clear as mud. :banghead:

BBM. You can say that again lol.

BeanE
01-29-2010, 02:55 PM
JUST heard on HLN.........no link yet............landfill is sectioned off now and dig is to begin now in 1 section!!!

Now as in today?

NewMommy09
01-29-2010, 03:10 PM
What about non-driver IDs? Here in AL they issue ID cards for non-drivers They look exactly like DLs to me.

I have both a TX DL and a TX ID card, they are the same. Magnetic strip and all.

Chemeria
01-29-2010, 03:14 PM
Now as in today?

I dont see anything about them being searched yet... did someone find something?

KellyConQueso
01-29-2010, 03:14 PM
Welcome Boo Scout!

I actually don't have too much faith that this hotel employee is telling the truth. Maybe it is company policy not to allow anyone to register without an ID but he made an exception for the pretty girl batting her eyelashes at him. He trying to cover his butt. EJ has denied she used a fake ID so obviously LE did not find one on her when arrested. If the ID was so good, and obviously it would have to pretty good to be swiped (although the equipment to make a swipable stripe can be purchased by anyone, it's not exactly cheap), so why would she ditch it if she wanted to start a new life?

BTW - in Texas, the only info on the stripe is basically the same info that is visible on your DL plus a physical description. Not all that many businesses are allowed to swipe your card - bars and hotels are allowed, retail stores are not. The stripe is mainly intended for LE use. Also when a hotel/bar swipes your license, it doesn't do a crosscheck with LE for the validity of the ID - it's just a really quick way to get all your info.

STEADFAST
01-29-2010, 03:28 PM
I actually don't have too much faith that this hotel employee is telling the truth. Maybe it is company policy not to allow anyone to register without an ID but he made an exception for the pretty girl batting her eyelashes at him. He trying to cover his butt. EJ has denied she used a fake ID so obviously LE did not find one on her when arrested. If the ID was so good, and obviously it would have to pretty good to be swiped (although the equipment to make a swipable stripe can be purchased by anyone, it's not exactly cheap), so why would she ditch it if she wanted to start a new life?

BTW - in Texas, the only info on the stripe is basically the same info that is visible on your DL plus a physical description. Not all that many businesses are allowed to swipe your card - bars and hotels are allowed, retail stores are not. The stripe is mainly intended for LE use. Also when a hotel/bar swipes your license, it doesn't do a crosscheck with LE for the validity of the ID - it's just a really quick way to get all your info.
I agree with everything except that a magnetic stripe maker is cheap. You can get one for a couple hundred, new, and even cheaper some places. magnetic stripe writer - Google Search

ETA I have never had a hotel swipe my driver's license.

Chemeria
01-29-2010, 03:35 PM
I agree with everything except that a magnetic stripe maker is cheap. You can get one for a couple hundred, new, and even cheaper some places. magnetic stripe writer - Google Search (http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&channel=s&hl=en&source=hp&q=magnetic+stripe+writer&btnG=Google+Search)

ETA I have never had a hotel swipe my driver's license.

The ones around me do swipe your driver's license if you don't pay in cash or if you look under age. I think its up to the clerk at the time otherwise. But if you are using credit card they do take your license.

vjlaw
01-29-2010, 03:36 PM
What is required to check into a hostel? Have any news reporters talked to the clerk at the hostel? What did she use to check in there? I thought she was checked in as Elizabeth Jones. But was it a Texas ID or something else?

LadyBug99
01-29-2010, 03:36 PM
From the very beginning I've believed that Gabriel was alive and was truly being held hidden somewhere, but now I just don't know.

Wouldn't the couple holding him fear the repercussions? Why haven't they given him up yet?

Why is EJ's lawyer not pressing her to come forward with the truth. If she gave up the location of G, I'm sure a plea bargain could be worked out where she would not be doing 20 years for kidnapping, so why not talk?

I wish that LE would just charge TS & JS already, maybe they would finally crack and tell the truth about what they know!!! Or now that they have a lawyer, maybe just maybe they are in process of coming forward with information? With help of their new big shot lawyer?

I thought by now he would have been found. Someone would have come forward! This case drives me crazy and I cannot follow it as closely as you guys! It's too frustrating! You guys do such great work here...A million thanks is not enough!!!

I can only hope that whatever "plan" LE is working on will bring this beautiful baby boy home....like yesterday!

not_my_kids
01-29-2010, 04:08 PM
I often forget how poor MI is, in comparison.

The swipe thing was a mystery to me. Here, we don't swipe...none of the businesses can afford that kind of equipment, they just type in your ID number and log it for future reference. So thanks for explaining that, I had no idea.

debloree
01-29-2010, 04:09 PM
I have checked into hotels/motels and paid cash. They always required my drivers licesnse. Alot of them scan it or write down the DL I.D. This has been my experience in most states in the midwest.

Krystylsea
01-29-2010, 04:17 PM
I have been sleuthing, maybe we are focused on the wrong part of the country, I have found a TS cousin in seattle (she suddenly posted on FB)

Bforster
01-29-2010, 04:21 PM
Hi all I'm not sure on how things are done all over but my daughter-in-law works at the Hilton Garden Inn, No matter if a customer pays in cash they still have to submit a credit card. If they don't have a credit card they cannot stay at hotel even if they want to pay in cash up front. The reason hotels require a credit card at time of check in is because people may damge thier room, steel towels, smoke in a non smoking room, etc... This way the hotels has a way to recoup funds for potential damages done by a customer after they leave the hotel. I travel all over the state of Illinois for work and that has been the practice at all the hotels I have stayed at.

debloree
01-29-2010, 04:43 PM
I have found that to be true at the better hotels. The others such as motel6 quality inn, etc haven't required credit cards. Too bad they aren't all the same.

Amster
01-29-2010, 04:49 PM
Are they searching at the landfill? I almost don't want to know....

Bforster
01-29-2010, 04:52 PM
I have found that to be true at the better hotels. The others such as motel6 quality inn, etc haven't required credit cards. Too bad they aren't all the same.

I have never stayed at the motel 6 but I heard they leave the lights on for you:dance:

Searchfortruth
01-29-2010, 04:52 PM
I dont see anything about them being searched yet... did someone find something?It was reported on CNN HLN just now.

Kinsey
01-29-2010, 04:55 PM
It was reported on CNN HLN just now.

They have been reporting that for a couple of hours now. I can't find any other information, though. I wonder....

Kinsey
01-29-2010, 04:59 PM
http://www.woai.com/news/local/story/SA-Police-Chief-Bill-McManus-hopeful-Baby-Gabriel/tPKoEF7Bckm2kgjxjd0rFA.cspx

This was written at 10am this morning, but the last paragraph talks about the landfill

BeanE
01-29-2010, 05:10 PM
I've had HLN on since someone posted earlier they were getting ready to search. Each time they've reported, about 3 times now since then, I don't hear them saying anything new or different from the other news reports we've seen.

passionflower
01-29-2010, 05:13 PM
does anyone have a scanner open for san antonio area????

Amster
01-29-2010, 05:17 PM
Report coming up on HLN after the commercial

Amster
01-29-2010, 05:20 PM
COULD be checking the landfill soon.....LE says no plan to search.....

The media is getting on my very last nerve!! Nothing new to report so they
find something to sensationalize and add dramatics!! Evidently, at some
point, LE asked the landfill to mark off and quit dumping in an area of interest.
That's ALL that has happened!!

Rant over

Ives
01-29-2010, 05:21 PM
I worked at hotel 6 once, and we just put the info in, do not swipe.

The Homegate and holiday inn that are right infront of each other, may not require Much as in CC's. just cash. Reason, they are really not that nice/expensive, and they are in the area of alot of Telemarketing companies, and some of the customers that want to be "close to work" These would be young/not manykids/no kids, type, who do not exactly have their own place. While It doesn't pay excellent, it pays better than minimum wage. FWIW. and they are Tucked in, hard to see.

Kamille
01-29-2010, 05:24 PM
Okay just throwing out another crazy thought. Supposedly, EJ is denying checking into any other hotel with fake ID. Why would she do that when LE seems convinced that she did? Other than trying to distance herself from that hotel for reasons that I don't like to think about, I don't know why she would. But we've apparently got a hotel clerk saying that a blonde woman whom he believes was EJ with a possibly empty car seat did check in. EJ has given the description of the woman "Cheryl" as looking somewhat like her, same physical description but "with a different face". So is it possible that this mysterious "Cheryl" is the one who checked into the hotel next door to where EJ was staying on the 26th with an empty car seat? And part of the deal was that EJ was given this fake ID when Gabriel was handed over so she could go on the run with it? I do believe that it was found on her in Miami which is how LE has tied her to that hotel. She might have even used it to check into the hostel in Miami.

These hotels have outdoor entrances to the rooms via the parking lot. Only one person has to check into the hotel through the lobby and get the room key. Anything that happens in the rooms after that can be done via the parking lot. No one has to enter the hotel lobby to gain access to their room once they have the room keys.

EJ claims that this "couple" came to her room and put Gabriel in an empty car seat that they brought. Sounds crazy but is it possible that if there really is a couple, that they checked into the Quality Inn next door? Using the ID that EJ eventually ended up with?

Sounds way too far fetched for me but anything is possible in this case.

Bforster
01-29-2010, 05:25 PM
COULD be checking the landfill soon.....LE says no plan to search.....

The media is getting on my very last nerve!! Nothing new to report so they
find something to sensationalize and add dramatics!! Evidently, at some
point, LE asked the landfill to mark off and quit dumping in an area of interest.
That's ALL that has happened!!

Rant over

They really need to make my mind up now!:banghead:

danisisa
01-29-2010, 06:01 PM
Sorry.....I can't get off of the carseat thing.. How do we know TS did not by 2 of the same and give whoever who went to SA one to get G? I like my baby stuff to match. What do you think. THey should check her purchases at TOYSRUS and BABIESRUS.

To me TS asking the color confirms if whoever the sent to get G were the ones picking him up. Remember--TS and EJ stopped contact. I think the emails after the 27th were CYA emails to throw anyone off track who looks at them.

kappy50
01-29-2010, 06:12 PM
Sorry.....I can't get off of the carseat thing.. How do we know TS did not by 2 of the same and give whoever who went to SA one to get G? I like my baby stuff to match. What do you think. THey should check her purchases at TOYSRUS and BABIESRUS.

D...what are your thoughts on the car seat ???

hoppyfrog
01-29-2010, 06:15 PM
Dear Posters:

We have decided to close the general discussion threads. Please do not begin another one.

Instead, please post in the appropriate topical thread.

Thanks!

Hoppy
mod