View Full Version : MA MA - Melanie Quadros, 26, Lowell, 18 Jan 2010

02-01-2010, 11:47 PM

Family seeks help in locating woman missing two weeks
The Lowell Sun
Updated: 02/01/2010 06:41:22 AM EST

LOWELL -- The family of a 26-year-old Lowell woman who has been missing for two weeks is asking the public for help.

Melanie Quadros was last seen on Jan. 18, walking in the Appleton Street area with her small brown Pomeranian named Rusty, according to her mother, Maria Tetiva.

Tetiva said she last talked to Quadros that day about 5:30 p.m., when her daughter called to ask if she could borrow a heating pad.

"Everything seemed normal when I talked to her," Tetiva said. Her family and friends have not heard from her since.

Quadros is about 5 feet, 2 inches tall and weighs about 98 pounds. She has long brown, curly hair down to her lower back, and was last seen wearing jeans and a black, puffy jacket.

Anyone with information on her whereabouts is asked to call Lowell police at 978-937-3200.

09-26-2010, 02:59 PM
Lowell Police Department

Project Jason

07-09-2011, 01:59 PM
North American Missing Persons Network

01-14-2012, 02:28 PM

02-02-2012, 07:46 AM
The Charley Project

01-18-2015, 09:22 PM
I found this yesterday and thought, wait and see if a new one appears.

A mother who won’t ever give up
Posted by Police Line on January 19th, 2014
The woman pictured below is Melanie Quadros.
From 2014

As long as I’m a reporter in this city, I won’t ever stop posting Melanie’s picture or reminding people that there’s a $5,000 reward for information that leads to the discovery of what happened to Melanie. If you know something and you’re hoping that we’ll just forget eventually — we won’t.
Human beings don’t just vanish. Someone knows something. Maybe it’s time that you finally speak up.
Anyone with information about Melanie, as always, is asked to call Lowell Police at 978.937.3200. If you’d rather not deal with police, you can call Maria directly at 978.479.5950.
Please share this and help spread the word. Maria deserves our help, and Melanie deserves to be found, regardless of whether she’s alive or dead.

And this is from today.
She’s always there
Posted by policeline on January 18th, 2015

It’s January 18th again. Most of us probably forget the significance of this date each year, but Maria Tetiva never will.
Each year I get a phone call right around this time of year from mother who will never give up. Here is her story yet again.
Please, someone, come forward. People don’t simply vanish.
LOWELL — Sunday marked five years since Maria Tetiva’s daughter, Melanie Quadros, was last seen or heard from, but one thing has never changed.
“She’s the first thing I think about when I wake up in the morning, and the last thing I think about when I go to bed,” Tetiva said. “She’s always there.”

more at links.