PDA

View Full Version : FL- Somer Renee Thompson, Orange Park, Thread #37

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

hoppyfrog
02-04-2010, 07:40 PM
Continue here.

Ms Suzanne
02-04-2010, 08:07 PM
This just happened.Teenage girl attacked.A transient?Across from a elementary school?

http://www.news4jax.com/news/22462224/detail.html

Kimberlyd125
02-04-2010, 08:59 PM
Interesting!!! That happened at a busy time of the day right around 2 schools!

Sound familiar?

Ms Suzanne
02-04-2010, 09:24 PM
I cannot find on cable the news show on Somer tonight.Can someone please keep us updated on what was said and what's going on?

Ms Suzanne
02-04-2010, 10:17 PM
I found this article.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/22469427/detail.html

Ms Suzanne
02-04-2010, 10:22 PM
So they are waiting on DNA test.I was wondering about that.

peachtree dish cultures? I am familiar with certain type of DNA testing.But not this.Does anyone know more on this type of testing?

Snufamonbobball
02-04-2010, 10:37 PM
I am still bugged by that comment I found. The person left that comment the day her body was found, long before there was ever a rumor about a restaurant dumpster maybe being used. The whole around 4am Tuesday morning just has stuck with me.

I hope tomorrow's the day we'll see a story about an arrest, but at least they're saying they have some evidence.

camcneishg
02-04-2010, 10:43 PM
So they are waiting on DNA test.I was wondering about that.

peachtree dish cultures? I am familiar with certain type of DNA testing.But not this.Does anyone know more on this type of testing?
it is petri dish.....

Ms Suzanne
02-04-2010, 10:44 PM
Quote from article

The Rosemary Hill Transfer Station north of Green Cove Springs is where the dumpster containing Somer's body would have been emptied and then eventually placed in an 18-wheeler driven to the Chesser Landfill in Folkston, Ga. where she was discovered.

What does this tell us?

Ms Suzanne
02-04-2010, 10:51 PM
it is petri dish.....

The reporter got it wrong?It says peach tree cultures.Guess he doesn't know either? LOL.It's good to learn new things.

Ms Suzanne
02-04-2010, 10:58 PM
Thank you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petri_dish

So I was thinking before they might have been sent back to re test because they were contaminated samples.I'm going to read up on this some more.I'm more familiar with Mitochondria DNA testing.

eyes4crime
02-04-2010, 11:10 PM
Thank you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petri_dish

So I was thinking before they might have been sent back to re test because they were contaminated samples.I'm going to read up on this some more.I'm more familiar with Mitochondria DNA testing.

I was going to ask if there were alot of peach trees in Florida - like fruit with stones in the middle? lol

Do you know what they were growing in the petri dishes? TIA

Ms Suzanne
02-04-2010, 11:12 PM
I was going to ask if there were alot of peach trees in Florida - like fruit with stones in the middle? lol

I have no idea LOL.

mommya
02-04-2010, 11:16 PM
Quote from article

The Rosemary Hill Transfer Station north of Green Cove Springs is where the dumpster containing Somer's body would have been emptied and then eventually placed in an 18-wheeler driven to the Chesser Landfill in Folkston, Ga. where she was discovered.

What does this tell us?

My bold. They know she was in a dumpster?

I have not been keeping up with Somer's case as much as I used to - is this known for sure?

eyes4crime
02-04-2010, 11:17 PM
I have no idea LOL.

Probably some kind of bacteria - that only leaves about a gazillion possibilities. LOL

Ms Suzanne
02-04-2010, 11:20 PM

I don't know.But I hope and pray it leads to little Somers killer.

Ms Suzanne
02-04-2010, 11:46 PM
It's sad.I agree.Justice for Somer.

http://www.news4jax.com/video/22469991/index.html

camcneishg
02-05-2010, 06:58 AM
http://www.bakercountypress.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=252:banner-will-fly-until-killer-is-caught&catid=59:news&Itemid=57

Banner will fly until killer is caught
The Paper - News
Written by Kelley Lannigan
Thursday, 04 February 2010 11:42

features@bakercountypress.com This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Verna and Robert Midgett of Macclenny.

The Clay County Sheriff’s Office continues to process thousands of leads in the investigation of Somer Thompson’s murder. The 7-year-old’s body was recovered from a Georgia landfill last October.

For Verna and Robert Midgett of Macclenny, the day Somer’s killer is caught can’t come soon enough. Their son, Charles Currier, is the boyfriend of Diena Thompson, Somer’s mother.

justice4somer
02-05-2010, 07:27 AM
http://www.bakercountypress.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=252:banner-will-fly-until-killer-is-caught&catid=59:news&Itemid=57

Banner will fly until killer is caught
The Paper - News
Written by Kelley Lannigan
Thursday, 04 February 2010 11:42

features@bakercountypress.com This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

The Clay County Sheriff’s Office continues to process thousands of leads in the investigation of Somer Thompson’s murder. The 7-year-old’s body was recovered from a Georgia landfill last October.

For Verna and Robert Midgett of Macclenny, the day Somer’s killer is caught can’t come soon enough. Their son, Charles Currier, is the boyfriend of Diena Thompson, Somer’s mother.

Thank you for that article. It puts one of the local rumors to rest.

I've heard around town that PC had packed his bags and left, but that article sounds like he and D are still together.

justice4somer
02-05-2010, 07:44 AM
My bold. They know she was in a dumpster?

I have not been keeping up with Somer's case as much as I used to - is this known for sure?

Yes and I have reason to believe that they know which one, they just aren't releasing the information to the public.

I was posting back and forth with cathdawg at news4jax about the dumpster.

It just makes me sick to know there are people in our society that would kidnap, kill and dump a child like trash. I really hope that they get the evidence they need from that petri dish and get this person off our streets.

Kimberlyd125
02-05-2010, 08:44 AM
I'm so glad to know they are still waiting on some test results.

It's been so long I thought they may have gotten the results and they didn't lead anywhere. Now, at least there is hope.

dar107
02-05-2010, 09:30 AM

Beseler hasn't talked to the media about the investigation. A spokesperson said that's because FBI profilers have told them the killer is watching the news, and anything anyone says could give Somer's killer a clue about what investigators are doing and what they know.

A house on Gano Avenue was the subject of an intense search in the days after Somer's body was found. Police said the 7-year-old was last seen standing on the sidewalk in front of the home, three blocks from her school. It was vacant at the time and under construction.

The owner of the house had never talked to the media about the police search there until recently in an e-mail. She said, "I do not know more than any other citizen, but I do know that when police returned it to me, there was no blood or sign of any kind of struggle inside the house or in the yard, which is why I believe the crime against Somer happened somewhere else."

As for the construction workers who watched children like Somer walk by the house day after day, the contractor said in a phone interview that he was the only person with a key to the house and that it was locked up the night Somer vanished.

Here's what he told us- right after he was interviewed three months ago.

"They wanted to know what had happened that day step by step," said contractor James Vinson of Vinson Design and Build. "They took a swab test from me and from my helper."

Vinson said detectives have called him a couple of times with questions since then, but there has been no formal interview since Somer's body was found.

What about the Dumpster where the sheriff said Somer's body was abandoned. Where was it?

Fifteen different companies that pick up waste in Clay County, said they were contacted by detectives asking for the same two things -- the names and contact information for their drivers and the routes their trucks took on one specific day -- Tuesday -- the day after Somer disappeared.

Interesting that Le has called Vinson several more times, leads me to believe even more that something happened in or near that house and that possibly one of his workers is under suspision?

I am surprised that there is 15 different waste pick-up companies. Does anyone know if that would just be for businesses? I know we have only one company that picks up all our residential garbage, but as a business you have choices on which company you use.

Kimberlyd125
02-05-2010, 09:43 AM
Sounds to me like she was in a business dumpster or construction dumpster.

But, that's JMO.

justice4somer
02-05-2010, 10:05 AM
Sounds to me like she was in a business dumpster or construction dumpster.

But, that's JMO.

From what I know, your opinion is correct... It is a business dumpster.

What I want to know is how the perp knew about this dumpster because it is secluded and he/she/it would have to have had knowledge of this office complex and the dumpster.

It gives me the creeps to think that I may have seen or even talked to this person at some time in that office complex.

Edited to add: If you haven't seen it, I was discussing the dumpster with cathdawg here (http://www.news4jax.com/news/22414234/detail.html). There are several posts from me and another poster with knowledge about the dumpster/office complex mixed in throughout the comments.

houndstooth
02-05-2010, 10:30 AM

What I want to know is how the perp knew about this dumpster because it is secluded and he/she/it would have to have had knowledge of this office complex and the dumpster.

It gives me the creeps to think that I may have seen or even talked to this person at some time in that office complex.

Edited to add: If you haven't seen it, I was discussing the dumpster with cathdawg here (http://www.news4jax.com/news/22414234/detail.html). There are several posts from me and another poster with knowledge about the dumpster/office complex mixed in throughout the comments.

Welcome.

When was this complex staked out? Also, when were the employees questioned? Approxiate time frame if known.

Kimberlyd125
02-05-2010, 10:35 AM

BBM

O/T:

I know the feeling.
I live in a small town in Louisiana and several members of my family had contact with Derrick Todd Lee before and during the time of his killing spree around here.
My father used to sometimes talk to him at a local diner while eating breakfast. He said he was a really nice guy and my father was shocked when he saw his picture on the news and realized he was the man that had been killing all the women around here.

Very odd feeling.

Kimberlyd125
02-05-2010, 10:38 AM
Justice:

So, are you saying you know the exact dumpster Somer was put into?
If so, may I ask how you know this? And what office park is it?
I haven't clicked your link to read the discussions you have had with Cathdawg.

BTW: Welcome to Websleuths!

houndstooth
02-05-2010, 10:51 AM
Justice4Somer~ You said the office complex was staked out and employees questioned by detectives. Could you tell us when this was? TIA

justice4somer
02-05-2010, 10:57 AM
Welcome.

When was this complex staked out? Also, when were the employees questioned? Approxiate time frame if known.

Thanks for the welcome.

It was the end of October when this was going on.

houndstooth
02-05-2010, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the welcome.

It was the end of October when this was going on.

Thanks. Has this info about the office complex been posted about before?
Were you asked not to speak about this location?

justice4somer
02-05-2010, 11:09 AM
BBM

O/T:

I know the feeling.
I live in a small town in Louisiana and several members of my family had contact with Derrick Todd Lee before and during the time of his killing spree around here.
My father used to sometimes talk to him at a local diner while eating breakfast. He said he was a really nice guy and my father was shocked when he saw his picture on the news and realized he was the man that had been killing all the women around here.

Very odd feeling.

OMG... That is too creepy.

Sometimes the people that commit these crimes blend into society so well and we would never suspect them of such things.

A good example is the Green River Killer... Look how long he was committing crimes and getting away with it.

I just hope that the CCSO will have an arrest in this case soon and not let Somer's killer roam free for years.

justice4somer
02-05-2010, 11:17 AM
Justice:

So, are you saying you know the exact dumpster Somer was put into?
If so, may I ask how you know this? And what office park is it?
I haven't clicked your link to read the discussions you have had with Cathdawg.

BTW: Welcome to Websleuths!

Thanks for the welcome.

I am 99.9% sure that I know which one it was because the owners of one of the four businesses in the office complex that were questioned by detectives told me about it. There were detectives in unmarked cars out there a lot and the dumpster in question was fingerprinted.

I hate having to be so cryptic about the office complex, but this hasn't been made public yet and I don't want any possible trouble from CCSO for posting it on the internet. Sheriff Beseler is really keeping a tight lid on this case.

If it isn't against WS rules, I can move a few of the posts between me and cathdawg over here. Some of them have distance and drive time hints as to where it is in Fleming Island.

justice4somer
02-05-2010, 11:22 AM
Thanks. Has this info about the office complex been posted about before?
Were you asked not to speak about this location?

I haven't seen mention of it anywhere other than news4jax, but I don't have time to keep up with all of our local news sites. Channel 4 is the channel I turn to for local news, so that's why I'm on that site.

I wasn't asked not to speak about it, but the business owners that told me about it gave me the impression that the detectives wanted to keep what was going on as low profile as possible.

Kimberlyd125
02-05-2010, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the welcome.

I am 99.9% sure that I know which one it was because the owners of one of the four businesses in the office complex that were questioned by detectives told me about it. There were detectives in unmarked cars out there a lot and the dumpster in question was fingerprinted.

I hate having to be so cryptic about the office complex, but this hasn't been made public yet and I don't want any possible trouble from CCSO for posting it on the internet. Sheriff Beseler is really keeping a tight lid on this case.

If it isn't against WS rules, I can move a few of the posts between me and cathdawg over here. Some of them have distance and drive time hints as to where it is in Fleming Island.

BBM, that's ok, I clicked the link a read thru a few of them. Thanks.

ETA: Reading those posts on that site reminded me a lot of how this thread was. Thanks WS mods for making us be good!!!!!

houndstooth
02-05-2010, 11:28 AM
I haven't seen mention of it anywhere other than news4jax, but I don't have time to keep up with all of our local news sites. Channel 4 is the channel I turn to for local news, so that's why I'm on that site.

I wasn't asked not to speak about it, but the business owners that told me about it gave me the impression that the detectives wanted to keep what was going on as low profile as possible.

I know you have posted alot on N4J, but, I have never seen a reference to this before. So my questions are why now? Why drop hints even if you KNOW within a 99% certainty where the dumpster is if you know LE wants to keep the info tight?

My point obviously is either your info is valid and you KNOW you should not be speaking about it. Or it is heresay. Mostly I am wondering why leak this info if you have known it since October. I have read your post before and it seems out of the blue. TIA

justice4somer
02-05-2010, 11:35 AM
BBM, that's ok, I clicked the link a read thru a few of them. Thanks.

Ok... I would have moved a few over here, but I don't want to break any rules.

Hopefully by the directions that I gave, it will give people an idea of where the office park is and how far it is from Somer's neighborhood.

The dumpster in question is emptied on Tuesday morning so people were being questioned about what they may have seen Monday afternoon/evening. There are no surveillance cameras in that office complex and the lighting at night isn't that great. I can't help but wonder if it was someone that knew all of this and is familiar with the office complex.

Kimberlyd125
02-05-2010, 11:37 AM
Does it have a chinese food place in it?

justice4somer
02-05-2010, 11:43 AM
I know you have posted alot on N4J, but, I have never seen a reference to this before. So my questions are why now? Why drop hints even if you KNOW within a 99% certainty where the dumpster is if you know LE wants to keep the info tight?

My point obviously is either your info is valid and you KNOW you should not be speaking about it. Or it is heresay. Mostly I am wondering why leak this info if you have known it since October. I have read your post before and it seems out of the blue. TIA

I didn't want to be the first person to open up about it, so when a poster by the name of S brought it up at news4jax I figured I could join in and give some confirmation to what they were posting since it is true.

I have known about it since the business owners that I have mentioned told me about it and I saw the detectives out there frequently. It was really a creepy feeling when I heard that they actually fingerprinted the dumpster and a detective was being cryptic with one of the owners more or less hinting that they thought it was the dumpster they were looking for.

justice4somer
02-05-2010, 11:46 AM
Does it have a chinese food place in it?

No restaurants.

It's a mixed bag of businesses, but a couple of them are medical offices with patients coming and going all the time.

Edited to add: I have an aerial shot of the complex from Google, but I have been wrestling with the idea of posting it. So many people would like to know where it is, but I'm worried about it being TMI since it has never been made public.

Dr.Fessel
02-05-2010, 11:53 AM
An easy way to remember what hearsay is.

Hearsay is any thing anyone says in the world that that is not under oath and in a court.

Everything that has ever been said on here about the somer case is hearsay .

dannyodie
02-05-2010, 11:57 AM

its possible that a transient person could be the person that did this? but I would say on a scale of 1 to 10 of that being the case is about a 4... its a good place to concentrate on if that is the area she was placed in. an area of less then 1/4 mile from that location could be where she was taken to and assulted, maybe she could have been assulted in the wooded area and left there till night fall then taken to the dumpster? but I feel she was taken inside some place and assulted and then taken to the dumpster very late in the evening?

justice4somer
02-05-2010, 11:57 AM
An easy way to remember what hearsay is.

Hearsay is any thing anyone says in the world that that is not under oath and in a court.

Everything that has ever been said on here about the somer case is hearsay .

And I can't wait for the day that CCSO has made an arrest and then we can all discuss it as fact based on what they allow in the media.

This has gone on for too long and the community just wants to see this killer off the streets. Sadly removing this one won't make our children any safer, but it will make it one less criminal we will have to worry about.

houndstooth
02-05-2010, 11:59 AM
I didn't want to be the first person to open up about it, so when a poster by the name of S brought it up at news4jax I figured I could join in and give some confirmation to what they were posting since it is true.

I have known about it since the business owners that I have mentioned told me about it and I saw the detectives out there frequently. It was really a creepy feeling when I heard that they actually fingerprinted the dumpster and a detective was being cryptic with one of the owners more or less hinting that they thought it was the dumpster they were looking for.

So you thought that bolstering Spunkyrocks story was more important than protecting the integrity of the case?

I take it you are an employee at this complex yet you were not questioned by LE? Only the owners? If the owner told you this in confidence as indicated, and you understood that you should not be mentioning it on websites, etc. The only thing that has stopped you was that someone else mentioned AN office complex. Maybe a different one? Two wrongs don't make a right. You may be a little late in worrying about LE contacting you if your info is valid. If the info is rumor and speculation then you might have nothing to worry about. If true you might be hearing from not only LE but the business owner who told you. Which does seem odd that you and other employees were not likewise questioned as witnesses and personally given a warning about speaking about info that LE has not and does not want released.

justice4somer
02-05-2010, 12:08 PM
its possible that a transient person could be the person that did this? but I would say on a scale of 1 to 10 of that being the case is about a 4... its a good place to concentrate on if that is the area she was placed in. an area of less then 1/4 mile from that location could be where she was taken to and assulted, maybe she could have been assulted in the wooded area and left there till night fall then taken to the dumpster? but I feel she was taken inside some place and assulted and then taken to the dumpster very late in the evening?

Well, we know it wasn't inside the house on Gano since lastnight's segment on Channel 4 had a comment from the homeowner that confirmed no blood or signs of a struggle so that location is pretty much off the list unless the evidence taken from the house says otherwise.

However, something that made my hinky meter go off was the decrease in police presence at the office complex shortly after WLK was arrested on November 1st.

He was my main POI for many reasons and this office complex is between where he lived in Somer's neighborhood and where he was arrested in Green Cove Springs. I thought for sure that he was the guy, but I was told by a lady whose husband works at the jail that he was questioned several times by CCSO and the FBI and ruled out.

I'm not ruling anyone out until an actual arrest has been made and I really think he fits part of the profile.

Ms Suzanne
02-05-2010, 12:14 PM
I am not convinced what happened to little Somer didn't happened at the Gano house or behind it.I feel what could have happened to Somer whether she was abducted,killed or went willingly with someone from there or left the house on Gano started there.I am still looking into the crew members and people they knew at the Gano house.

justice4somer
02-05-2010, 12:22 PM
So you thought that bolstering Spunkyrocks story was more important than protecting the integrity of the case?

I take it you are an employee at this complex yet you were not questioned by LE? Only the owners? If the owner told you this in confidence as indicated, and you understood that you should not be mentioning it on websites, etc. The only thing that has stopped you was that someone else mentioned AN office complex. Maybe a different one? Two wrongs don't make a right. You may be a little late in worrying about LE contacting you if your info is valid. If the info is rumor and speculation then you might have nothing to worry about. If true you might be hearing from not only LE but the business owner who told you. Which does seem odd that you and other employees were not likewise questioned as witnesses and personally given a warning about speaking about info that LE has not and does not want released.

No, I am not an employee and there are a lot of other people that happen to know about this from the owners because the detectives came in and questioned not only the owners but the patrons that happened to be there at the times that they came in. This happened at all four businesses.

For all I know, it could be a different office complex, but what he/she posted is exactly what was going on in the one that I was speaking of. I will not mention the names of any of the businesses, but I didn't see the harm in being cryptic. Maybe I was wrong and I apologize.

Dr.Fessel
02-05-2010, 12:25 PM
No, I am not an employee and there are a lot of other people that happen to know about this from the owners because the detectives came in and questioned not only the owners but the patrons that happened to be there at the times that they came in. This happened at all four businesses.

For all I know, it could be a different office complex, but what he/she posted is exactly what was going on in the one that I was speaking of. I will not mention the names of any of the businesses, but I didn't see the harm in being cryptic. Maybe I was wrong and I apologize.

You are doing just fine and I thank you for posting!

justice4somer
02-05-2010, 12:27 PM
I am not convinced what happened to little Somer didn't happened at the Gano house or behind it.I feel what could have happened to Somer whether she was abducted,killed or went willingly with someone from there or left the house on Gano started there.I am still looking into the crew members and people they knew at the Gano house.

They took a lot of evidence out of that house and hopefully some of it is relevant to the case.

I am curious about the crew members as well and I would like to know if any of them did any construction work around the office complex on Hwy 17 since there has been a lot of new construction in the area.

Ms Suzanne
02-05-2010, 12:30 PM
They took a lot of evidence out of that house and hopefully some of it is relevant to the case.

I am curious about the crew members as well and I would like to know if any of them did any construction work around the office complex on Hwy 17 since there has been a lot of new construction in the area.

I'm interested in that too.I don't know the businesses in that area to look and see where they could have worked or went to.

justice4somer
02-05-2010, 12:35 PM
You are doing just fine and I thank you for posting!

Thank you for the reply.

I have visited this site off and on during the course of this investigation and there have been a lot of thought provoking posts here and a lot of good information when I've had the time to stop by and read.

I thought I'd finally jump in and post a little once I spotted a WS poster at news4jax and she was nice to post with. Some of the discussions over there get out of hand and rather nasty and I see that they don't allow that here which is nice.

justice4somer
02-05-2010, 12:38 PM
I'm interested in that too.I don't know the businesses in that area to look and see where they could have worked or went to.

I looked up the contractor's website and it doesn't seem like they do anything large like strip malls/office complexes so I'm not real sure. What I saw was houses and renovation projects.

It was just a thought because of all the new construction in various areas of Fleming Island.

houndstooth
02-05-2010, 12:41 PM

Thank you for your response but I was not seeking an apology,
I am seeking clarification of what is some new and purportedly confidential info in this case. You have still not stated if you were questioned by LE.
You were told by a business owner, you say you are not an employee, if I assumed then you were one of the patrons mentioned I would wonder why you were worrying about having to take the trash out, and being onsite often enough to track undercover vehicles staking out the premises.
What is your position? TIA

justice4somer
02-05-2010, 12:50 PM
Thank you for your response but I was not seeking an apology,
I am seeking clarification of what is some new and purportedly confidential info in this case. You have still not stated if you were questioned by LE.
You were told by a business owner, you say you are not an employee, if I assumed then you were one of the patrons mentioned I would wonder why you were worrying about having to take the trash out, and being onsite often enough to track undercover vehicles staking out the premises.
What is your position? TIA

1. I was never personally questioned by LE, but I did see the unmarked cars there at different times in front of a different business each time. From what I understand they were working their way through the businesses that use that particular dumpster since there are actually three dumpsters there.

2. I was not the one worried about taking the trash out. That was S who said that he/she was an employee in a post at news4jax.

3. I was in that office complex 2-3 times per week as a patron of one of the businesses, but I will not post the name of the business as it would be TMI.

Hopefully that answers your questions.

Ms Suzanne
02-05-2010, 12:54 PM
I looked up the contractor's website and it doesn't seem like they do anything large like strip malls/office complexes so I'm not real sure. What I saw was houses and renovation projects.

It was just a thought because of all the new construction in various areas of Fleming Island.

Just curious in this strip mall,business complex was there a home Depot,Lowes or any remodling places around there they or someone else could have went to that would have been associated with the house on Gano or one of the contruction workers could have frequented alot?I hope that made sense LOL.

justice4somer
02-05-2010, 12:58 PM
Just curious in this strip mall,business complex was there a home Depot,Lowes or any remodling places around there they or someone else could have went to that would have been associated with the house on Gano or one of the contruction workers could have frequented alot?I hope that made sense LOL.

Not in the office complex, but there is a Home Depot in Fleming Island a mile or so away.

The Home Depot on Wells Road would actually be closer for them to go to since they were working on Gano and there is also a Lowe's on Kingsley Avenue.

Ms Suzanne
02-05-2010, 01:02 PM
Not in the office complex, but there is a Home Depot in Fleming Island a mile or so away.

The Home Depot on Wells Road would actually be closer for them to go to since they were working on Gano and there is also a Lowe's on Kingsley Avenue.

Yes,Thank you.I know there is a home depot on wells rd.Could any of these offices in this complex look like they have a connection with the people working on the Gano house or the renovation of it?

Noway
02-05-2010, 01:07 PM
Oh heaven help that reporter. Peachtree dish.

houndstooth
02-05-2010, 01:12 PM
1. I was never personally questioned by LE, but I did see the unmarked cars there at different times in front of a different business each time. From what I understand they were working their way through the businesses that use that particular dumpster since there are actually three dumpsters there.

2. I was not the one worried about taking the trash out. That was S who said that he/she was an employee in a post at news4jax.

3. I was in that office complex 2-3 times per week as a patron of one of the businesses, but I will not post the name of the business as it would be TMI.

Hopefully that answers your questions.

Yes. I would be the LAST person to ask you to state the name of the business. Or the complex. I am wondering why you would be told this by an owner who was told to keep it confidential. Why the owner would tell a patron and I assume ask you to keep it confidential?

I always question any outside info in this way. Mainly WHY a poster is putting it in the public domain against the confidentiality requests by LE.
Also WHEN the information is released after claiming to be held confidentially for so long.
And WHAT the rationale is for doing so. In this way I can, for myself at least, determine if the info is reliable or not.

Thank you for your answers.

justice4somer
02-05-2010, 01:13 PM
Yes,Thank you.I know there is a home depot on wells rd.Could any of these offices in this complex look like they have a connection with the people working on the Gano house or the renovation of it?

No, because there were no renovations going on in this complex.

However, as I mentioned before there is a lot of new construction in various areas of Fleming Island... Especially along Hwy 17 and CR220. The area is growing, but a lot of these new places being built are vacant and some have been vacant for quite a while.

My guess is the current economy and businesses aren't opening or moving to new locations right now so I don't understand why they keep building new ones.

Kimberlyd125
02-05-2010, 01:14 PM
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:Oh heaven help that reporter. Peachtree dish.

justice4somer
02-05-2010, 01:24 PM
Yes. I would be the LAST person to ask you to state the name of the business. Or the complex. I am wondering why you would be told this by an owner who was told to keep it confidential. Why the owner would tell a patron and I assume ask you to keep it confidential?

I always question any outside info in this way. Mainly WHY a poster is putting it in the public domain against the confidentiality requests by LE.
Also WHEN the information is released after claiming to be held confidentially for so long.
And WHAT the rationale is for doing so. In this way I can, for myself at least, determine if the info is reliable or not.

Thank you for your answers.

I am friends with the owners and we had been talking about the case before that happened so it was rather unreal that the case would end up coming to the office complex. As a matter of fact, myself and one of the owners helped in the search for Somer. I was helping to hand out flyers at Debarry and Gano one afternoon and she went after work to help. This case has broken our hearts and we can't believe there hasn't been an arrest yet.

Like I said before, I never said anything up until now until that other poster at news4jax did and I probably should have kept what I know to myself. I figured that someone else opened that avenue for discussion and it was ok to comment as long as I remained cryptic about it. One other reason I guess is that so many things get said and they aren't true and I made the mistake of verifying his/her information so people wouldn't think it was just more rumors.

dannyodie
02-05-2010, 01:26 PM
Well, we know it wasn't inside the house on Gano since lastnight's segment on Channel 4 had a comment from the homeowner that confirmed no blood or signs of a struggle so that location is pretty much off the list unless the evidence taken from the house says otherwise.

However, something that made my hinky meter go off was the decrease in police presence at the office complex shortly after WLK was arrested on November 1st.

He was my main POI for many reasons and this office complex is between where he lived in Somer's neighborhood and where he was arrested in Green Cove Springs. I thought for sure that he was the guy, but I was told by a lady whose husband works at the jail that he was questioned several times by CCSO and the FBI and ruled out.

I'm not ruling anyone out until an actual arrest has been made and I really think he fits part of the profile.

the house at gano wasn't actually what I had in mind but more like an basement apartment or otherwise. and thats interesting about that arrest. they may have just indicated they ruled him out as to not spook him until they get the test results back.... im sure that anyone that works at the jail has been told not to be talking about this case to anyone, or at least steer the info into another direction?? such as saying he was ruled out etc....

justice4somer
02-05-2010, 01:28 PM
Oh heaven help that reporter. Peachtree dish.

That cracked me up too and I commented on it at the bottom of the article at news4jax because I thought it was funny.

I guess they had someone proofread the story because it now says petri dish... LOL!

Noway
02-05-2010, 01:29 PM
Justice, someone on that comment page seems to have figured out the dumpster and the office complex.

OMG! Sorry I forgot the link.

sadnpod
02-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Welcome justiceforsomer! Thanks for sharing..

justice4somer
02-05-2010, 01:32 PM
the house at gano wasn't actually what I had in mind but more like an basement apartment or otherwise. and thats interesting about that arrest. they may have just indicated they ruled him out as to not spook him until they get the test results back.... im sure that anyone that works at the jail has been told not to be talking about this case to anyone, or at least steer the info into another direction?? such as saying he was ruled out etc....

Well, I am thinking that the ruled out part is true because he has a release date in May. I don't think they would be letting him out if he was the guy.

However, I still feel like he is. Too many things about him just fit the profile.

justice4somer
02-05-2010, 01:39 PM
Justice, someone on that comment page seems to have figured out the dumpster and the office complex.

OMG! Sorry I forgot the link.

Am I missing a post somewhere? The only one I see is where I replied to someone about the dumpster at Hooters comment from another poster.

The office complex is nowhere near Hooters, but it's highly possible that their trash could have been mixed in with the trash from the office complex if they use the same waste disposal company. It would be plausible that the garbage was picked up at Hooters on Wells Road and other pickups along Hwy 17 on their way to Rosemary Hill.

Now that makes me wonder if both businesses use the same waste disposal company.

houndstooth
02-05-2010, 01:41 PM
If the dumpster is at this purported location, can a local tell us if there are any traffic cameras posted at interchanges and redlights near this location? If so how many and how far away?

TIA

justice4somer
02-05-2010, 01:43 PM
Welcome justiceforsomer! Thanks for sharing..

Thanks for the welcome and I'd like to thank you for some of the personal insight you have posted here that I have read off and on when I would visit this site.

I think this case has broken everyone's hearts and we are all after the same thing... Justice for Somer. I hope and pray that this case is solved soon. We don't need another case like Haleigh's where a year has passed with no information or no arrest.

sadnpod
02-05-2010, 01:45 PM
Well, I am thinking that the ruled out part is true because he has a release date in May. I don't think they would be letting him out if he was the guy.

However, I still feel like he is. Too many things about him just fit the profile.

Not only the profile, but also the route from his brothers address, past somers school to gano, to his vacating address. Packing his stuff, then on to GCS.

The address he was arrested from is one of the most creepy places I have ever seen. Ever since I saw it, I have prayed that he didnt take somer back there alive. I cannot imagine the terror she would have felt. WLK fits all the pieces of the puzzle. LE still waiting for DNA results made me think he is still a possibility.

sadnpod
02-05-2010, 01:47 PM

See.. lol. I was thinking that release date means they have til May to charge him.

justice4somer
02-05-2010, 01:50 PM
If the dumpster is at this purported location, can a local tell us if there are any traffic cameras posted at interchanges and redlights near this location? If so how many and how far away?

TIA

Clay County is in the process of adding them around town and if there is one near there, it would be at the intersection of Hwy 17 and CR220. I don't pay much attention to those, but I'll look the next time I go that way.

As far as distance, it would be about a mile down the road... Maybe a little under.

sadnpod
02-05-2010, 01:52 PM
Thanks for the welcome and I'd like to thank you for some of the personal insight you have posted here that I have read off and on when I would visit this site.

I think this case has broken everyone's hearts and we are all after the same thing... Justice for Somer. I hope and pray that this case is solved soon. We don't need another case like Haleigh's where a year has passed with no information or no arrest.

Thanks. Its been a long journey. Everyday my first thought is wondering if today will be the day. Today is ST's birthday. He is miserable. Today would be a really good day for Justice For Somer...

I didnt even consider this case dragging on like Haleighs since somer was found so quickly. Lately I have been beginning to wonder.

Kimberlyd125
02-05-2010, 01:55 PM
I think LE knows who it is and are just waiting on confirmation. JMO

If he's locked up already, then no rush. Cross all the T's, dot all the I's kinda thing.

IMO that could be why no continued outcry to community of killer on the loose.

justice4somer
02-05-2010, 01:56 PM
Not only the profile, but also the route from his brothers address, past somers school to gano, to his vacating address. Packing his stuff, then on to GCS.

The address he was arrested from is one of the most creepy places I have ever seen. Ever since I saw it, I have prayed that he didnt take somer back there alive. I cannot imagine the terror she would have felt. WLK fits all the pieces of the puzzle. LE still waiting for DNA results made me think he is still a possibility.

I haven't seen the house where he was arrested, but I heard that a lot of scumbags hang out there and are in trouble with the law quite a bit.

So many things about this guy fit and I'll be real surprised if it isn't him.

justice4somer
02-05-2010, 01:58 PM
See.. lol. I was thinking that release date means they have til May to charge him.

Maybe they have an idea that the evidence sent to the labs would be back before then and if he's the guy they can just leave him there.

Noway
02-05-2010, 01:59 PM
Am I missing a post somewhere? The only one I see is where I replied to someone about the dumpster at Hooters comment from another poster.

The office complex is nowhere near Hooters, but it's highly possible that their trash could have been mixed in with the trash from the office complex if they use the same waste disposal company. It would be plausible that the garbage was picked up at Hooters on Wells Road and other pickups along Hwy 17 on their way to Rosemary Hill.

Now that makes me wonder if both businesses use the same waste disposal company.

I can't remember what we can post here. Search for Facebook.

houndstooth
02-05-2010, 01:59 PM

I think it was in reference to the
"Facebook" poster
You brought up Hooters, I did not gather that was where this person was alluding to.

justice4somer
02-05-2010, 02:05 PM
Thanks. Its been a long journey. Everyday my first thought is wondering if today will be the day. Today is ST's birthday. He is miserable. Today would be a really good day for Justice For Somer...

I didnt even consider this case dragging on like Haleighs since somer was found so quickly. Lately I have been beginning to wonder.

I'm so sorry to hear that... Birthdays are supposed to be happy and he is having to spend it wondering what happened to his little girl and who did it. Hopefully he and the rest of us will know soon.

When I first heard about her being found in the landfill, I was right on board with how Sheriff Beseler was feeling about the case being solved quickly and now we are sitting here several months later wondering who did this.

Noway
02-05-2010, 02:07 PM
I think this is the list of the 15 companies that haul commercial containers.

http://www.claycountygov.com/Departments/Environmental/commercial_containers.htm

ETA
As noted in article:
Fifteen different companies that pick up waste in Clay County, said they were contacted by detectives asking for the same two things -- the names and contact information for their drivers and the routes their trucks took on one specific day -- Tuesday -- the day after Somer disappeared.

justice4somer
02-05-2010, 02:08 PM
I think LE knows who it is and are just waiting on confirmation. JMO

If he's locked up already, then no rush. Cross all the T's, dot all the I's kinda thing.

IMO that could be why no continued outcry to community of killer on the loose.

I sure hope you're right.

I keep thinking about the comment that DT's lawyer made a while back about the police having someone under observation while they wait for the evidence to come in and it gives me hope if what he said is true.

Noway
02-05-2010, 02:10 PM
I suppose this is why they haven't cleared anyone. They don't have test results back the evidence on Somer's body. They can't point to the killer without it and they can't clear anyone without it. Not even the Sheriff.

The evidence found on Somer's body will likely provide the best clues pointing to her killer.That evidence, including DNA evidence, is due back from a lab soon.

justice4somer
02-05-2010, 02:18 PM
I think it was in reference to the
"Facebook" poster
You brought up Hooters, I did not gather that was where this person was alluding to.

I brought up Hooters because there is a guy posting at news4jax that is convinced that a cop living in the apartments behind Hooters committed the crime. I'll have to look at the Facebook thing and see what that's all about.

Edited to add: I went back to news4jax and clicked on the Facebook poster's comment and it told me to log in to see it. I don't have a Facebook account so I guess I won't get to see that one.

Noway
02-05-2010, 02:23 PM
Well, I hope the evidence they get back has the answers they are hoping for.

Kimberlyd125
02-05-2010, 02:27 PM

Amen Sista!!!!!

That will be a happy day. Wheels of justice can start turning.

Ms Suzanne
02-05-2010, 02:31 PM

I hope it does too.

justice4somer
02-05-2010, 02:39 PM
Amen Sista!!!!!

That will be a happy day. Wheels of justice can start turning.

I agree... A very happy day indeed. Justice for Somer.

It's been nice posting with all of you and I'll have to come back when I have more time. I have somewhere that I need to be shortly and I'll be late if I don't get out of here!

Noway
02-05-2010, 04:48 PM
I brought up Hooters because there is a guy posting at news4jax that is convinced that a cop living in the apartments behind Hooters committed the crime. I'll have to look at the Facebook thing and see what that's all about.

Edited to add: I went back to news4jax and clicked on the Facebook poster's comment and it told me to log in to see it. I don't have a Facebook account so I guess I won't get to see that one.

BBM
I do not have a Facebook account either. I did not have to click or log in to read it.

It was just there. The name of the poster is Facebook. This is it:

Does anyone else find it strange that the alleged "dumpster" is right behind the perps residence who was arrested for VOP for impersonating a LEO last March -- recently, re-arrested and kicked out of drug court.

And the "perp" s/he is talking about is JC. I posted link this way because his name appears in the link: Story (http://www.dreamindemon.com/2009/03/18/jacob-crier-didnt-fool-anyone)

Anothermom
02-05-2010, 05:23 PM
In addition to WLK, there was another person arrested shortly after Somer was found, and IIRC, he had scratches all over him. Does anyone remember his initials? I looked for him, and apparently, he is not still incarcerated. I could not remember his initials, though.

Noway
02-05-2010, 06:02 PM
In addition to WLK, there was another person arrested shortly after Somer was found, and IIRC, he had scratches all over him. Does anyone remember his initials? I looked for him, and apparently, he is not still incarcerated. I could not remember his initials, though.

I don't know ... Here is a list of RSOs (http://lostnmissing.hqforums.com/here-vt748.html?sid=92f9c723c93962187625ec9e64457cf6) I created based on discussion here. It takes you out of Websleuths.

Some of those with "arrest" in their description.

AER http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/flyer.do?personId=34597 (B M, 25) Arrest on charge of Fail To Report Vacating Permanent Residence (F), at Transient, Orange Park, FL, on 10/21/2009. Note: Victim age 12-15.

CMS http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/flyer.do?personId=31057 Arrest on charge of Failure Of Sexual Offender To Report Address Change, F (F), at 901 N Orange Av, Green Cove Springs, FL, on 10/27/2009. Note: Victim under age 16.

ETA
But there were tons of RSOs arrested after Somer was found. I think FL thought they had a handle on RSOs because they were supposed to register ... and found out that a lot of them weren't where they said they were.

tarabull
02-05-2010, 06:16 PM

Do you mean RSO AER - was picked up for being transient in OP...

There are so many...but, this is one I haven't forgotten about.

ETA: Nevermind I see my friend Noway is ALL OVER IT...as per usual - cheers to you Noway!

tarabull
02-05-2010, 06:21 PM
Just a sidenote on AER - did you happen to notice offense date is listed as 10/19/09 at Florida Department of Corrections tho he's on CCSO Incident Report of 10/21/09...

??

justice4somer
02-05-2010, 06:23 PM
BBM

I do not have a Facebook account either. I did not have to click or log in to read it.

Does anyone else find it strange that the alleged "dumpster" is right behind the perps residence who was arrested for VOP for impersonating a LEO last March -- recently, re-arrested and kicked out of drug court.

And the "perp" s/he is talking about is JC. I posted link this way because his name appears in the link: Story (http://www.dreamindemon.com/2009/03/18/jacob-crier-didnt-fool-anyone)

I remember hearing about that case, but I didn't know the guy's name. That was creepy and it would be interesting to know where he was the day that Somer disappeared. He didn't have a police uniform, but if he flashed a fake badge a child might trust him.

I mentioned Hooters at news4jax because there is a poster there (rm69) who is convinced that a cop that lives in the apartment complex behind Hooters did it and that's who I thought the Facebook person was referring to. I didn't even think about the guy impersonating a cop when I read the Facebook person's post.

Dee10
02-05-2010, 08:01 PM
BBM

Hi Noway:

I DO find that very interesting & I found another link to last March's arrests & get this:

"The man was arrested about two hours later when the woman said she recognized him following her again in a Fleming Island neighborhood."

Fake cop suspect has a new role: Clay County inmate
http://jacksonville.com/community/my_clay_sun/2009-03-16/story/fake_cop_cant_pull_off_ruse_for_long_in_clay_arres t

Ms Suzanne
02-05-2010, 08:34 PM
There was an abduction attempt with a little girl in NC.

http://www.wwaytv3.com/node/20675

dar107
02-05-2010, 08:38 PM
Investigators said earlier in the evening he walked into a garage party and claimed to be an officer before trying to grab a girl. Sheriff’s spokeswoman Mary Justino said no one he interacted with knew him.

This guy is creepy and gave me the chills. He was having a hard time grabbing an adult woman, so logically he could decided to take a defenseless child instead. I would like to know how old the girl was at the party.

Dee10
02-05-2010, 08:47 PM
Investigators said earlier in the evening he walked into a garage party and claimed to be an officer before trying to grab a girl. Sheriff’s spokeswoman Mary Justino said no one he interacted with knew him.

This guy is creepy and gave me the chills. He was having a hard time grabbing an adult woman, so logically he could decided to take a defenseless child instead. I would like to know how old the girl was at the party.

The article stated 29 years old.

Dee10
02-05-2010, 08:58 PM
I remember an article Chickenpants posted that some guys will attack a person of any age...they are not particular. I wish I could remember more of the details.

We have rumors of the Hooter dumper & one in an office complex in Fleming Island, there are 15 trucks that pickup dumpsters, not sure if Fleming Island would be included? Rumor that Jacobs C. lives behind Hooters, the news article does mention Orange Park. Jacobs was following a woman in Fleming Island. There was a rumor that before Somer went missing there was an undercover copy on the side of the road very near the Gano house, that asked someone (a neighbor there) if they would pick-up beer for him. Do I have this correct?

dar107
02-05-2010, 09:04 PM
The article stated 29 years old.

The lady he followed and tried to pull over in her car was 29. There was another girl at a garage party, but neither article said how old she was.

tarabull
02-05-2010, 10:17 PM
I remember an article Chickenpants posted that some guys will attack a person of any age...they are not particular. I wish I could remember more of the details.

We have rumors of the Hooter dumper & one in an office complex in Fleming Island, there are 15 trucks that pickup dumpsters, not sure if Fleming Island would be included? Rumor that Jacobs C. lives behind Hooters, the news article does mention Orange Park. Jacobs was following a woman in Fleming Island. There was a rumor that before Somer went missing there was an undercover copy on the side of the road very near the Gano house, that asked someone (a neighbor there) if they would pick-up beer for him. Do I have this correct?

NO actually you don't have "this" correct.....partially but not entirely and the truth is after months of intense sleuthing on Somer, I'm just too tired to clear up what's murky.

But maybe someone else will take the time.

Kimberlyd125
02-05-2010, 10:30 PM
Dee10, I thought you laid out the rumors pretty much how they have been discussed.

If I knew what was "murky" I would let you know. I have no clue.

Kimberlyd125
02-05-2010, 10:31 PM
Only thing is I think he asked construction workers about beer.

Dee10
02-05-2010, 11:17 PM
NO actually you don't have "this" correct.....partially but not entirely and the truth is after months of intense sleuthing on Somer, I'm just too tired to clear up what's murky.

But maybe someone else will take the time.

Hey Tarabull I understand...just trying to keep it straight too...it is murky. Maybe someone else could straighten it out keeping rumors vs. facts separate? Although in many of these cases rumor does play out, it is still important to spell out & separate. Noway, do you want to give it a go???

Chili Fries
02-06-2010, 12:46 AM

JC lives in Fleming Island. He may live behind a suspicious dumpster posted about in the comments on this article (http://www.news4jax.com/news/22414234/detail.html) by justiceforsomer (who is now posting here) and spunkyrocks (although it's not sure that jfs and sr are talking about the same dumpster).

Dee10
02-06-2010, 01:15 AM
Thanks for the responses. I asked before, but I guess none of us know & why would we, how many dumpsters a truck can pick-up?

justice4somer
02-06-2010, 11:16 AM

I think that the reporter from Channel 4 meant that there were 15 companies that pick up dumpsters so there are more than likely more than 15 trucks. Some of the companies deal with regular dumpsters, some deal with roll offs like they use in construction and some of them deal with both. Fleming Island is Clay County so it should be included.

Now that I have discussed it with a few people, JC isn't the guy behind Hooters that a poster at news4jax keeps talking about. JC had an address in Fleming Island. I'm not sure if he still lives there, but he would still know the area. About the undercover cop that was supposedly across the street from the Gano house for two weeks, did anyone ever find out if the guy was a real cop?

justice4somer
02-06-2010, 11:21 AM
JC lives in Fleming Island. He may live behind a suspicious dumpster posted about in the comments on this article (http://www.news4jax.com/news/22414234/detail.html) by justiceforsomer (who is now posting here) and spunkyrocks (although it's not sure that jfs and sr are talking about the same dumpster).

I was hoping that S would come back to news4jax and verify whether or not we are talking about the same dumpster. I'm pretty sure that we are because what that person was posting was pretty much spot on for what I know was going on in the office complex I am talking about.

There are a few office complexes along Hwy 17, but I'm sure we are both talking about the same one and I also have a pretty good guess about which one of the four businesses he/she works for.

Noway
02-06-2010, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the responses. I asked before, but I guess none of us know & why would we, how many dumpsters a truck can pick-up?

JMO I would guess that each truck is capable of picking up all dumpsters on the route if they were all filled at maximum capacity so they wouldn't have to send out another truck to continue or return to the route.

How many that is, I don't know.

If you can determine the capacity of a commercial dumpster and the capacity of one garbage truck and divide.

Noway
02-06-2010, 02:01 PM
http://www.poynetteironworks.com/webroot/products/front.html

If all dumpsters on a route are 10 Cubic Yard capacity (not likely).

Maybe someone wants to call any one of these 15 businesses that provides front load dumpsters and ask about the capacity of the garbage truck doing the pick up.

http://www.claycountygov.com/Departments/Environmental/commercial_containers.htm

KeenEyes
02-06-2010, 04:53 PM
I agree... A very happy day indeed. Justice for Somer.

It's been nice posting with all of you and I'll have to come back when I have more time. I have somewhere that I need to be shortly and I'll be late if I don't get out of here!

Belated...
http://www.gifs.net/Animation11/Words/Welcome_Signs/glitering_sign.gif

sadnpod
02-06-2010, 05:59 PM
O/T

I still dont believe that DT had anything to do with Somers death. My sights still include WLK, and Crier...

Chili Fries
02-06-2010, 07:43 PM
O/T

I still dont believe that DT had anything to do with Somers death. My sights still include WLK, and Crier...

I'd add Watson to mine.

Ms Suzanne
02-06-2010, 08:04 PM
I was thinking about what the owner of the house on Gano said that she went inside and outside and saw no blood ect... and she did not think something happened there to Somer.In this video article it says most of the time they were looking outside of the Gano house.I don't know if Somer was attacked and killed there or left.I personally think something happened to Somer outside in back of the Gano house or started there.I do think something from the dumpster at the Gano house was possibly linked to Somer.Too much time was spent at the Gano house by LE for something not to be found there.They apparantly even went back there again.I find it interesting the crew members said LE did talk to them again.I'm sorry but they are not off the hook yet for me.My sights are still on them or someone they knew.

Ms Suzanne
02-06-2010, 09:24 PM
You know,I was thinking.How would any one know if there was no blood ect... They were renovating the house on Gano.They could have cleaned up any evidence.Painted over things or used cleaning chemicals to clean it up,taken out carpets.Out side could have been cleaned up with anything.No one would think any thing of it because they were renovating the house.It says in this video they were using some kind of light?looking in the house for blood evidence ?I wonder if and what they found.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/special/somer/news-article.aspx?storyid=147081&catid=338

Kimberlyd125
02-06-2010, 10:51 PM
IMO there is no way the owner of the Gano house could know if something there happened or not just by lack of blood.
If Somer was strangled for instance, no one could tell by looking at the house.

IMO even if there were blood, it was possibly not visable after LE released the house.

The only way he/she would know, is if LE told her/him. But, since LE is being so tight lipped, I don't think they would give details of the house. They would just release it after their investigation was wrapped up.

I think the owner just does not want to think it happened there or does not want the house to be known as the house Somer was killed in.

This is JMO

eyes4crime
02-06-2010, 11:05 PM
IMO there is no way the owner of the Gano house could know if something there happened or not just by lack of blood.
If Somer was strangled for instance, no one could tell by looking at the house.

IMO even if there were blood, it was possibly not visable after LE released the house.

The only way he/she would know, is if LE told her/him. But, since LE is being so tight lipped, I don't think they would give details of the house. They would just release it after their investigation was wrapped up.

I think the owner just does not want to think it happened there or does not want the house to be known as the house Somer was killed in.

This is JMO

OT/ GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SAINTS WINNING TOMORROW!!!

BBM
I remember reading that the owner of the house (a woman) was devastated that such a horrible crime could have happened in a home she owned. I think you are right on - she doesn't want it associated with little Somer.

Ms Suzanne
02-06-2010, 11:26 PM
This is what I think LE was doing at the Gano house that night.It shows how she might not have seen blood ect...I wonder if they found anything?Did they do this outside too?

http://science.howstuffworks.com/luminol.htm/printable

human
02-06-2010, 11:34 PM
They knew right away Somer was a homicide when they found her.

That indicates that the COD was obvious or she was found in a bag or a box, or something like that.

Otherwise, without an autopsy, I can't imagine how they would know it wasn't from the compaction.

human
02-07-2010, 02:37 AM
This is what I think LE was doing at the Gano house that night.It shows how she might not have seen blood ect...I wonder if they found anything?Did they do this outside too?

http://science.howstuffworks.com/luminol.htm/printable

They brought in digging equipment and dug at night. Why?

You can see them at night walking around the outside on the sidewalk looking.

I cannot understand why they are not asking for the public's help in this.

Yes, they ask for tips, but i bet a lot of them are useless.

Why don't they say which dumpster she was found in so that anyone who noticed something strange might think about it?

None of this case makes any sense at all.

Ms Suzanne
02-07-2010, 10:08 AM
They brought in digging equipment and dug at night. Why?

You can see them at night walking around the outside on the sidewalk looking.

I cannot understand why they are not asking for the public's help in this.

Yes, they ask for tips, but i bet a lot of them are useless.

Why don't they say which dumpster she was found in so that anyone who noticed something strange might think about it?

None of this case makes any sense at all.

I agree.I'm very curious why they brought in that heavy equipment too.This was after Somer was found?Something must of lead them back to the house on Gano.Did they actually dig somewhere and where did they dig?

human
02-07-2010, 12:02 PM
I agree.I'm very curious why they brought in that heavy equipment too.This was after Somer was found?Something must of lead them back to the house on Gano.Did they actually dig somewhere and where did they dig?

I think NoWay has it listed in her list of topics. I am sure they dug because they brought the equipment in at night.

If they weren't going to dig, why would they go to the time and expense of bringing in equipment?

Noway
02-07-2010, 12:27 PM
They knew right away Somer was a homicide when they found her.

That indicates that the COD was obvious or she was found in a bag or a box, or something like that.

Otherwise, without an autopsy, I can't imagine how they would know it wasn't from the compaction.

Would being found in the landfill or hauling truck or garbage truck be enough for them to say homicide?

If her hands/feet or mouth was bound, that would be a clear indication too.

There may not have had to have been a bullet wound or stab wound.

JMO

human
02-07-2010, 12:37 PM
Would being found in the landfill or hauling truck or garbage truck be enough for them to say homicide?

If her hands/feet or mouth was bound, that would be a clear indication too.

There may not have had to have been a bullet wound or stab wound.

JMO

As far as being found in the landfill being the indicator, I say "no". She could have been playing in one for some reason.

The binding, "yes",another option.

New1
02-07-2010, 02:11 PM
If she was found inside a garbage bag or other container

If she was bound and/or gagged

These, and probably more that I can't think of right now, would have been a "for sure" indication that somer was murdered. But I don't think just being found in a landfill and possibly going through a trash compactor would have been so immediately called a heinous crime. Considering that they knew from a witness that somer hid behind tanks on Gano, what would keep them from considering that she hid in a dumpster and got crushed by something being thrown on top of her?

I think LE knew the specific location of the dumpster she was in before they found her at the landfill, and if it was not near the Gano house or Somer's neighborhood, that would have strongly indicated that she was driven there....that she didn't just hide in one waiting for her siblings to pass by.

The dumpster at the Gano house could not be the one she was put in IMO because investigators did not seize that dumpster nor even completely empty it. They seemed to be just looking through a few pieces at the top of the dumpster there.....and kinda half-heartedly at that.

Noway
02-07-2010, 04:10 PM
They had the truck and the driver. They'd know his route. They'd know what dumpsters he emptied. JMO But I think that means they can narrow it down even further and locate THE dumpster.

It could be that Justice4Somer and the other person who commented (can't remember the name but it has Rocks in it) were talking about 2 of many (30, 40, more?) dumpsters on the route.

Noway
02-07-2010, 04:11 PM
Hey Tarabull I understand...just trying to keep it straight too...it is murky. Maybe someone else could straighten it out keeping rumors vs. facts separate? Although in many of these cases rumor does play out, it is still important to spell out & separate. Noway, do you want to give it a go???

Sorry, I just saw this.

No, I don't want to take the time to list the facts and rumors. LOL

ETA
That's why I tried to provide links to what I have in my list. Wasn't always successful though.

Chili Fries
02-07-2010, 11:37 PM
I noticed this yesterday...

There was a guy who was arrested this week for grabbing a 16 year old at a bus stop in Jacksonville, dragging her into the woods and raping her at gunpoint. His initials are MJW. You can read about him and see a pic here:

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/mostpopular/news-article.aspx?storyid=151671&provider=top

He was identified because he has DNA on file from a past felony.

If he raped and murdered Somer then you would think there would have been DNA recovered from her that would be compared with MJW. But if there is some kind of mitigating difficulty that's making it take awhile I think it's interesting that MJW does have a connection to Orange Park. His brother says on his Myspace that he lives in Orange Park. Here is his brother's Myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/mugenwhore

His brother's initials are RJW. I'm sure that's his brother because he's got pictures of his car in front of the house which is the same address that is listed for MJW on his inmate information.

Anyway, I'd be real interested in finding the address for RJW in Orange Park but I can't dig it up. He's still listed in the White Pages at his parent's address, the same as his brother but I think he's in Orange Park now. Also he works for a Mitsubishi dealership in north OP. You can look here (http://clayclerk.com/OncoreWeb4251/ShowDetails.aspx?sngID=1614459&ref=Search) to find his wife's name. I appreciate any help finding their address.

I'm not posting this because I believe RJW has anything to do with Somer's death, but because him being in Orange Park could give MJW a reason for being in the area and possibly being the perp.

human
02-08-2010, 12:00 AM
Very interesting Chili. You certainly have done a lot of sleuthing to get that far! I hope someone can figure out some more info on this.

There are so many people with criminal and questionable histories in the OP area that are possibilities, that it is hard to single anyone out.

I wish that LE would give out more info to the public for help.

But it is probable that they know exactly who did this and that's why they are not asking for more specific help from the public.

They're probably just dotting those i's of crime.

nursebeeme
02-08-2010, 10:49 AM
I noticed this other rape as angelwhocares had posted it on the astro thread the other day (on Somer's astro thread). Hopefully something breaks soon... as well in the case of Neveah Buchanan. Too many unsolved cases... it breaks my heart...

dar107
02-08-2010, 11:41 AM

There was a guy who was arrested this week for grabbing a 16 year old at a bus stop in Jacksonville, dragging her into the woods and raping her at gunpoint. His initials are MJW. You can read about him and see a pic here:

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/mostpopular/news-article.aspx?storyid=151671&provider=top

If he raped and murdered Somer then you would think there would have been DNA recovered from her that would be compared with MJW. But if there is some kind of mitigating difficulty that's making it take awhile I think it's interesting that MJW does have a connection to Orange Park. His brother says on his Myspace that he lives in Orange Park. Here is his brother's Myspace:

His brother's initials are RJW. I'm sure that's his brother because he's got pictures of his car in front of the house which is the same address that is listed for MJW on his inmate information.

Anyway, I'd be real interested in finding the address for RJW in Orange Park but I can't dig it up. He's still listed in the White Pages at his parent's address, the same as his brother but I think he's in Orange Park now. Also he works for a Mitsubishi dealership in north OP. You can look here (http://clayclerk.com/OncoreWeb4251/ShowDetails.aspx?sngID=1614459&ref=Search) to find his wife's name. I appreciate any help finding their address.

I'm not posting this because I believe RJW has anything to do with Somer's death, but because him being in Orange Park could give MJW a reason for being in the area and possibly being the perp.

I found his MySpace as well. He has pictures of puppies on there.
http://www.myspace.com/520552357

cathdawg
02-08-2010, 11:55 AM
Most of this guy's (MW) friends appear to be online women of the night , so to speak!

dar107
02-08-2010, 12:07 PM
Yes thats all he has on his friends list, not even his bro is on there, it doesn't look like he has had it to long. I noticed his brothers GF attends HS in Orange Park..Ridgeview.

Ms Suzanne
02-08-2010, 12:24 PM
Very interesting Chili. You certainly have done a lot of sleuthing to get that far! I hope someone can figure out some more info on this.

There are so many people with criminal and questionable histories in the OP area that are possibilities, that it is hard to single anyone out.

I wish that LE would give out more info to the public for help.

But it is probable that they know exactly who did this and that's why they are not asking for more specific help from the public.

They're probably just dotting those i's of crime.

I hope they are and Somers killer is found soon and justice is done for her.

QueenD
02-08-2010, 02:18 PM
[QUOTE=Chili Fries;4784930]I noticed this yesterday...

If he raped and murdered Somer then you would think there would have been DNA recovered from her that would be compared with MJW. But if there is some kind of mitigating difficulty that's making it take awhile I think it's interesting that MJW does have a connection to Orange Park.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/22481055/detail.html

Read the 2nd comment after this article about the guy sitting on the fence post. Weird! Trying to look around and get another address too.

cathdawg
02-08-2010, 03:38 PM
Thank you Queen D, very interesting and very very disturbing.

pinamia
02-08-2010, 06:34 PM
[quote=Chili Fries;4784930]I noticed this yesterday...

If he raped and murdered Somer then you would think there would have been DNA recovered from her that would be compared with MJW. But if there is some kind of mitigating difficulty that's making it take awhile I think it's interesting that MJW does have a connection to Orange Park.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/22481055/detail.html

Read the 2nd comment after this article about the guy sitting on the fence post. Weird! Trying to look around and get another address too.

As creepy and vile this monster is, I don't think he's responsible for Somer's death. I think the monster who killed Somer was in her circle of friends and neighbors. Plus DNA would have been out on this guy and if it were a match he would have been long charged.

Ms Suzanne
02-08-2010, 08:23 PM
Maybe they are doing more DNA samples and tests and checking again.I remember a medical examiner trying to get a DNA sample from their Jane Doe and at first they could not get DNA.They tried again and did get DNA the second time around.Maybe they are using different types of testing to get a DNA profile.I really hope and pray they get the DNA results and evidence back they need to find Somers killer and arrest her killer.It could have come back degraded or contaminated DNA or mixed DNA from Somer and her killer.

Sunshine77
02-08-2010, 08:53 PM
Detectives Follow More Leads in Somer Thompson's Death

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Detectives with the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office arrested a 21-year-old man Feb. 5 for kidnapping and sexually battering a 16-year-old girl on her way to school last Thursday morning. This is about 10 miles from where Somer Thompson disappeared.

Now, JSO has spoken with the Clay County Sheriff's Office and passed along information to those investigating Somer Thompson's death, said Assistant Chief Tom Hackney with JSO.

Police say they believe Matthew Watson was waiting in the woods in the 10,000 block of 103rd Street near Connie Jean Road to commit the crime. This is on the Westside.

"We made them aware of this individual, his motives and a little bit of his criminal history. They are aware of it and they are looking into it," said Hackney

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=151755&catid=3

Angel Who Cares
02-08-2010, 09:15 PM
Detectives Follow More Leads in Somer Thompson's Death
Created: 2/8/2010 4:12:46 PM
Updated: 2/8/2010 6:36:21 PM
<snipped>
Detectives with the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office arrested a 21-year-old man Feb. 5 for kidnapping and sexually battering a 16-year-old girl on her way to school last Thursday morning. This is about 10 miles from where Somer Thompson disappeared.

Now, JSO has spoken with the Clay County Sheriff's Office and passed along information to those investigating Somer Thompson's death, said Assistant Chief Tom Hackney with JSO.

The Clay County Sheriff's Office released a statement on Monday which said:
"We can confirm that we were notified by JSO because their case involved a juvenile. As with many cases that occur near our border, they shared information about their case with us. We remain committed to not discussing any of the specific details of the Somer Thompson case and ask that no one make any assumptions about Somer's abduction and death based on JSO's comments."

Matthew John Watson
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/genthumb.ashx?e=3&h=240&w=320&i=/assetpool/images/100205100601_Watson Matthew John.JPG

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/genthumb.ashx?e=3&h=240&w=320&i=/assetpool/images/100208054518_020810_jackie6b.jpg

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/genthumb.ashx?e=3&h=240&w=320&i=/assetpool/images/100208054502_020810_jackie6a.jpg

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/genthumb.ashx?e=3&h=240&w=320&i=/assetpool/images/091203061424_120309_barnard2.jpg

Video: Detectives Follow More Leads in Somer Thompson's Death 2:36
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=65649253001

Article:
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=151755&catid=3

:angel:

Sunshine77
02-08-2010, 11:32 PM

Go to the duvalclerk.com, search and you will find a traffic ticket that RJW got on 1/7/10, click to view the image of the ticket.

Chili Fries
02-08-2010, 11:55 PM
Go to the duvalclerk.com, search and you will find a traffic ticket that RJW got on 1/7/10, click to view the image of the ticket.

Nice work. I looked up his record at the Duval Clerk site but didn't think to go that far into it. So he lives about 1 1/2 miles away from where Somer was last seen at the Gano house. Not close enough to throw more suspicion on his brother but we do know for sure he may have had a reason to be in the general area.

eyes4crime
02-09-2010, 01:23 AM
Matthew John W.
BD - 03/18/88
21yo

Not to be confused with Matthew A. W. who is 21yo

The criminal records and non criminal records so far are:

1. Reckless driving
2. Domestic battery
3. Burglary
4. invalid drivers license (at least 3X )

ETA: And who knows what his juvi records hold!

BBM

pinamia
02-09-2010, 10:27 AM
I read a reply to a blog and it was very very interesting. The author says that he thinks the murderer is a homeless person. He says the police had chased the homeless out of Jacksonville and some may have gone into the woods on Somer's path. It would be very likely this is why they are having problems finding who did this. If in fact it is a homeless person, this case will be very difficult to solve.

dar107
02-09-2010, 01:34 PM
I read a reply to a blog and it was very very interesting. The author says that he thinks the murderer is a homeless person. He says the police had chased the homeless out of Jacksonville and some may have gone into the woods on Somer's path. It would be very likely this is why they are having problems finding who did this. If in fact it is a homeless person, this case will be very difficult to solve.

do you have a link for this?

sadnpod
02-09-2010, 02:50 PM
When the super bowl came to JAX, they literally removed all the homeless people from downtown jax and gave it a complete makeover. Downtown is still an upclass, nice place to live since then. lots of nice loft apartments were built. Seems most of the homeless people were routed to orange park and Northside which are the least expensive places to live in jax. I know LE patrols downtown and the beaches to keep homeless people away from these areas. Tourist and business people dont want to see homeless folks, kwim?

Ms Suzanne
02-09-2010, 03:58 PM
The Westside and Northside are the not the best places to live.They are pretty bad.There are alot of drugs in the Northside.People stay away from there.Mayport is not too good any more either.The beaches are ok.The southside is the best place to live.Jacksonville is not good at taking care of the homeless or helping at all.Homeless people will usually be near AA meetings,club houses,churches,Salvation Armies,YMCA's,food banks,parks,woods ect.....Any where they think people will help them.It's sad.I personally do not feel it's a homeless person.But you never know.It could be.I'm still very curious about the Van they found near there?Where was that found again?I do not have any of my information anymore.

Noway
02-09-2010, 08:43 PM
Is the Orange Park neighborhood the wonderful place that the residents thought it was? I suppose like every neighborhood it had its not so good areas/streets.

pinamia
02-10-2010, 02:23 PM
do you have a link for this?

I don't know if I can post it here if I can't I'll remove it.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/bloggers/2370712/posts

Kimberlyd125
02-10-2010, 09:14 PM
Bumping for Somer.

I hope and pray if there is a connection with this guy there will be evidence to prove it.

Still praying for justice.

Ms Suzanne
02-10-2010, 09:51 PM
Bumping for Somer.

I hope and pray if there is a connection with this guy there will be evidence to prove it.

Still praying for justice.

Thank you.I was just about to bump her up too.I pray we hear something too and there is an arrest of someone soon.

Yes,Justice for little Somer

Angel Who Cares
02-10-2010, 11:29 PM
Neighbors on Alert after Attempted Abduction
Created: 2/10/2010 4:18:13 PM
Updated: 2/10/2010 4:43:01 PM
<snipped>
Neighbors received notices on their doors about a Child Abduction-Predator Alert.

According to the notice, an 11-year-old child was riding her bike home from Alimacani Elementary School Wednesday when she stopped to tie her shoe on Las Brisas Way in the Pable Creek neighborhood. That's when a man in his 40s told the child her bike tire was flat and if she would follow him home, he would fix it for her, according to police.

The girl told police she started riding away and the man yelled, "Come back, we can go to my house and fix your tire," while chasing her. He couldn't catch up.

At the conclusion of the notice, it said: Let's not forget that Somer Thompson's abductor and killer is still on the loose.

Police say he is in his 40s, 6'2" and 190 pounds with short dark hair. The girl said she believes she's seen this man around her school before but with a different dog.

Article:
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=151857&catid=3

Ms Suzanne
02-10-2010, 11:54 PM
This is scary.It's closer to where I know in Duval county.I believe they made a mistake.It's Pablo creek.Not Pable creek.

Ms Suzanne
02-11-2010, 12:42 AM
<snipped>
Neighbors received notices on their doors about a Child Abduction-Predator Alert.

According to the notice, an 11-year-old child was riding her bike home from Alimacani Elementary School Wednesday when she stopped to tie her shoe on Las Brisas Way in the Pable Creek neighborhood. That's when a man in his 40s told the child her bike tire was flat and if she would follow him home, he would fix it for her, according to police.

The girl told police she started riding away and the man yelled, "Come back, we can go to my house and fix your tire," while chasing her. He couldn't catch up.

At the conclusion of the notice, it said: Let's not forget that Somer Thompson's abductor and killer is still on the loose.

Police say he is in his 40s, 6'2" and 190 pounds with short dark hair. The girl said she believes she's seen this man around her school before but with a different dog.

Article:
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=151857&catid=3

I assume he wasn't in a car?He was walking a dog?He never came forward?I wanted to point out a comment in the article about Somer living 25,30 miles away.If Somers killer was local would he/she have stayed local or tried to move and get away a little further.

Ms Suzanne
02-11-2010, 01:33 AM
Here is another article of a body found and a missing student.I am not sure what it is all about.I'm looking for more information.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/news-article.aspx?storyid=151877

Ms Suzanne
02-11-2010, 01:41 AM
Here is some more on the missing girl body found.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/22528995/detail.html

video

http://www.news4jax.com/video/22529414/index.html

eyes4crime
02-11-2010, 02:55 AM
I assume he wasn't in a car?He was walking a dog?He never came forward?I wanted to point out a comment in the article about Somer living 25,30 miles away.If Somers killer was local would he/she have stayed local or tried to move and get away a little further.

Thanks for these links Ms Suzanne!

This 40yo man was walking a dog - and chased the child on her bike? Makes me wonder what would have happened if he caught up with the little girl. Was he near woods or his home? Sounds very desperate to me! moo

eyes4crime
02-11-2010, 02:58 AM
Here is some more on the missing girl body found.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/22528995/detail.html

video

http://www.news4jax.com/video/22529414/index.html

They were treating her disappearance as a runaway? My gosh what's going on in and around Jacksonville?

Could be a serial murderer running around with no affinity for a particular age group - or several murderers at once! moo

Kimberlyd125
02-11-2010, 08:18 AM
And all of this is happening around schools. The body was found not far from a school. The girl who was riding a bike was riding home from school.

Somer was walking home from school.

These POSs know where to snatch kids.

I've seen it stated several times on here that a lot of WSers don't think Somer could have been just snatched that time of day with no one seeing. These recent stories should shed some new light on it. These predetors are very "skilled" in their tactics and will try anything to get what they want.

Just like the guy telling the 11 year old to come to his house and he would fix her bike. An 11 year old who has most likely heard Somers story didn't do it.
But, would a 7 year old beleive a similar story?
IMO a stranger could have told Somer something he knew would work on a 7 year old and that's why nobody saw any kind of struggle or heard screaming.

JMO

darlin gal
02-11-2010, 08:35 AM
And all of this is happening around schools. The body was found not far from a school. The girl who was riding a bike was riding home from school.

Somer was walking home from school.

These POSs know where to snatch kids.

I've seen it stated several times on here that a lot of WSers don't think Somer could have been just snatched that time of day with no one seeing. These recent stories should shed some new light on it. These predetors are very "skilled" in their tactics and will try anything to get what they want.

Just like the guy telling the 11 year old to come to his house and he would fix her bike. An 11 year old who has most likely heard Somers story didn't do it.
But, would a 7 year old beleive a similar story?
IMO a stranger could have told Somer something he knew would work on a 7 year old and that's why nobody saw any kind of struggle or heard screaming.

JMO

I agree. Children do get snatched in broad daylight, with no witnesses. It doesn't happen often but it does happen.
Predators are skilled at luring their prey as to not attract attention.

Ms Suzanne
02-11-2010, 10:13 AM
More links on the body found and student missing.She is a high school student.

http://jacksonville.com/community/southside/2010-02-11/story/our_hearts_are_heavy_says_uc_pastor_as_jacksonvill e_police_sear

Ms Suzanne
02-11-2010, 10:19 AM
Video on the missing student and the body found.

http://www.news4jax.com/video/22531270/index.html

Video about the body found

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=66038846001#/News/Neighbors+Rattled+by+Discovery+of+Body/50619441001/50624658001/66031689001

Update they think the body found and missing student are strongly connected.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/money/onyourside/amarosarmy/news-article.aspx?storyid=151896&catid=3

Ms Suzanne
02-11-2010, 10:47 AM
<snipped>

Article:

Are we finding out any more on this other little girl walking home from school?

trigger
02-11-2010, 11:58 AM
LE strongly believe case of missing girl, found body connected ...Her name and picture is now given. Can someone start a new thread for her. TIA

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=151896&catid=3

Ms Suzanne
02-11-2010, 12:31 PM
Another girl found dead in a garbage can under a truck in a middle school parking lot in Westmoreland County.Not in Jacksonville Florida.

http://kdka.com/westmoreland/body.found.Greensburg.2.1487621.html

Ms Suzanne
02-11-2010, 01:22 PM
Video on the missing student and the body found.

http://www.news4jax.com/video/22531270/index.html

Video about the body found

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=66038846001#/News/Neighbors+Rattled+by+Discovery+of+Body/50619441001/50624658001/66031689001

Update they think the body found and missing student are strongly connected.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/money/onyourside/amarosarmy/news-article.aspx?storyid=151896&catid=3

The body has been Identified as Makia Coney.There is a link for her here.

Found Deceased FL- Makia Coney, 17yo, missing 10-Feb-10, Jacksonville - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Ms Suzanne
02-11-2010, 01:28 PM
I cannot find any more so far on the other little girl.The 11-year-old child that was riding her bike home from Alimacani Elementary School Wednesday when she stopped to tie her shoe on Las Brisas Way.If any one finds out more on that possible abduction attempt please post it ok?I'm very interested in this.

dar107
02-11-2010, 02:47 PM
http://www.news4jax.com/news/22532465/detail.html

Channel 4's Jason Law has talked with Coney's distraught family at their Northside home. While they were not able to talk, Gaffney spoke on their behalf, saying it was "undescribable how badly she was beaten."

The common factors to Somer's case IMO:

Taken in broad daylight
Taken during/after school hours
She was severly beaten, We don't know if that happened to Somer, but there has been rumors/innuendo that could point to this
Makia was last seen at 3:15, and her body was found at around 6pm...This assault seems to have been committed quickly and ruthlessly. Police believe Somer was deceased within a few hours of being taken.
No word on sexual assault, so far, in either case. Maybe if they are connected, this is more about rage and killing. That could account for the difference in age and race.

Can anyone tell me the distance between this crime and Somer's?

LLLindsayy
02-11-2010, 03:10 PM
At this time, police say they believe foul play could possibly be involved.

http://kdka.com/westmoreland/body.found.Greensburg.2.1487621.html

Gee, ya think?? I doubt that little girl put a garbage bag over her head, climbed into a trash can and then rolled herself under a truck.

shadowizar
02-11-2010, 03:15 PM
Current news article:

http://jacksonville.com/news/2010-02-11/story/sheriffs_office_fbi_converge_on_house_near_somer_t hompsons_disappearance

Clay County investigators served a search warrant this afternoon on a house in the block just west of where Sheriff Rick Beseler has said Somer Thompson was last seen before her disappearance and slaying nearly four months ago.

The home at XXXX Gano Ave. is roped off with police tape and authorities, including an FBI forensics team, are searsing in the yard. Clay County deputies, FBI agents and other officials converged on the home about 2:20 p.m. Clay County property records show the home is owned by General L. Dailey, who has owned the house since 1996.

LLLindsayy
02-11-2010, 03:19 PM
Current news article:

http://jacksonville.com/news/2010-02-11/story/sheriffs_office_fbi_converge_on_house_near_somer_t hompsons_disappearance

Sounds like a big development!! Thanks for posting!

Ms Suzanne
02-11-2010, 03:24 PM
Current news article:

Clay County investigators served a search warrant this afternoon on a house in the block just west of where Sheriff Rick Beseler has said Somer Thompson was last seen before her disappearance and slaying nearly four months ago.

The home at XXXX Gano Ave. is roped off with police tape and authorities, including an FBI forensics team, are searsing in the yard. Clay County deputies, FBI agents and other officials converged on the home about 2:20 p.m. Clay County property records show the home is owned by General L. Dailey, who has owned the house since 1996.

Thank you for letting us know.Do we know who lives there or anything about this house or anything.

LLLindsayy
02-11-2010, 03:28 PM
Sheriff's Office, FBI converge on house near Somer Thompson's disappearance
'I'm going to put my faith in God,' Somer's mother said; one search warrant is served a block from where the Orange Park girl was last seen

ORANGE PARK - Clay County investigators and FBI agents served a search warrant this afternoon on a house in the block just west of where Sheriff Rick Beseler has said Somer Thompson was last seen before her disappearance and slaying nearly four months ago.

The home at XXXX Gano Ave. is roped off with police tape and authorities, including an FBI forensics team, are searching in the yard using rakes and shovels. They were also seen looking about the foundation of the house. They have also set up a table with brown paper bags to collect evidence.

Investigators have yet to enter the front of the house and no occupants of the house have been seen through windows or coming outside. It's unclear if anyone is in the house.

ETA: http://jacksonville.com/news/2010-02-11/story/sheriffs_office_fbi_converge_on_house_near_somer_t hompsons_disappearance

Ms Suzanne
02-11-2010, 03:30 PM
XXXX Gano ave.can I put this?

http://www.realtor.com/property-search/Orange-Park_FL/Gano-Ave

http://www.realtor.com/property-detail/1152-Gano-Ave_Orange-Park_FL_32073_5ff2ec03?source=ig

It's somewhere there.

LLLindsayy
02-11-2010, 03:32 PM
DNA tests must have let them here!!

Or... I wonder if the new attempted abductions/body found have anything to do with leading them here?

dar107
02-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Finally, maybe something is going to happen. This is great news, they must have good reason to be executing search warrants. I am hoping and praying that this is going to lead to an arrest of the person responsible. Justice for beautiful, sweet Somer!

LLLindsayy
02-11-2010, 03:34 PM
http://www.city-data.com/aradio/lic-Orange-Park-Florida.html

New searched address available on this page... just searching for anything now.

LLLindsayy
02-11-2010, 03:41 PM
One update made to the article:

1st version: "When told it does, Smith said, “It’s good. I’d like to know more information.”"

2nd version: "When told it may, Smith said, “It’s good. I’d like to know more information.”"

I don't know what that means, if anything.

LLLindsayy
02-11-2010, 03:49 PM
Home Near Somer Thompson Disappearance Searched
By Jeff Hess @ February 11, 2010 3:22 P

Police and FBI have swarmed a home in Clay County near where Somer Thompson disappeared.
Investigators served a search warrant Thursday at a home just four blocks from where Thompson was last seen before her killing.
The home at XXXX Gano avenue is roped off with police tape while forensic teams search the home. The search started shortly after 2 p.m.

More at link...
http://wokv.com/localnews/2010/02/home-near-somer-thompson-disap.html

Search Warrant Possibly Related To Somer Thompson Case
Investigators Searching Home On Gano Avenue

POSTED: Thursday, February 11, 2010
UPDATED: 3:38 pm EST February 11, 2010

ORANGE PARK, Fla. -- A search warrant was issued Thursday afternoon on a house on Gano Avenue near where Somer Thompson was last seen before she disappeared and was found killed in October.

The 7-year-old's body was discovered three days later at a Georgia landfill.

Clay County deputies and the FBI are currently searching the home.

More at link...
http://www.news4jax.com/news/22535336/detail.html

LLLindsayy
02-11-2010, 03:51 PM
Where's that link for Orange Park arrests???

Articles are saying "it's unclear" if an arrest has been made.

Sounds like a possibility! Would they even mention it if they were sure one hadn't?

Ms Suzanne
02-11-2010, 03:51 PM
66 years old, fits with a predator that came out of "retirement" . I always thought this case very simalar to the Holly Jones case, I always thought it was someone in a house along her route, grabbed her in a split second, took her right into his house.

I know we shouldn't jump to conclusions, but I am so excited and hopeful that an arrest is imminent, or even possibly has happened sometime today.

I was just thinking the same thing about the 66 year old guy coming out of retirement..Why didn't the dogs trace her scent there or did they?Maybe he offered her a ride or something.

Ms Suzanne
02-11-2010, 03:54 PM
Where's that link for Orange Park arrests???

Articles are saying "it's unclear" if an arrest has been made.

Sounds like a possibility! Would they even mention it if they were sure one hadn't?

Do you have booking links?

darlin gal
02-11-2010, 03:54 PM
scent dogs are good. they are not 100 percent.
carrying her maybe?

Praying that this will give them the answers needed to arrest someone.
Justice for Somer!

LLLindsayy
02-11-2010, 04:02 PM
Do you have booking links?

I think this is it:

http://p2c.claysheriff.com/dailybulletin.aspx

LLLindsayy
02-11-2010, 04:04 PM
Sheriff to speak at 7!

LLLindsayy
02-11-2010, 04:06 PM
Deputies, FBI search house near Somer Thompson's disappearance; sheriff to speak at 7
'I'm going to put my faith in God,' Somer's mother said; one search warrant is served a block from where the Orange Park girl was last seen
By Jim Schoettler Story updated at 4:01 PM on Thursday, Feb. 11, 2010

ORANGE PARK - Clay County investigators and FBI agents served a search warrant this afternoon on a house in the block just west of where Sheriff Rick Beseler has said Somer Thompson was last seen before her disappearance and slaying nearly four months ago.

The home at XXXX Gano Ave. is was roped off with police tape about 2:20 p.m. as deputies and an FBI forensics team began searching in the front yard using rakes and shovels. They entered the home shortly befoer 3:30 p.m. A table has been set up outside with brown paper bags to collect evidence.

It's unclear if anyone was in the house when police arrived. No occupants of the house have been seen coming outside. Neither Sheriff Rick Beseler nor any other authorities have said why the house is being searched and whether the search is connected to Somer's case.

More at link...
http://jacksonville.com/news/2010-02-11/story/deputies_fbi_search_house_near_somer_thompsons_dis appearance_sheriff_to_speak_

LLLindsayy
02-11-2010, 04:06 PM
Authorities Searching Home on Gano Ave.; Near Somer Thompson's Disappearance
Created: 2/11/2010 3:33:04 PM Updated: 2/11/2010 3:52:03 PM

ORANGE PARK, Fla. -- Clay County investigators have roped off a home on Gano Avenue and served a search warrant this afternoon just one block west from where Somer Thompson was last seen, according to our news partner the Florida Times-Union.

Authorities, including FBI agents, are searching in the front yard of the home at XXXX Gano Ave. with shovels and rakes. A table has been set up with brown paper bags to collect evidence.

It's unclear if anyone is inside the home.

Diena Thompson, Somer's mother, told the Times-Union this afternoon she supports whatever work authorities can do to bring Somer's killer to justice.

More at link...
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=151903&catid=3

awakewriter
02-11-2010, 04:08 PM
Let this be it, God. Please. Let's not lose another child to murder.

Ms Suzanne
02-11-2010, 04:09 PM
Got it.Keep checking here.Anyone have a scanner?

http://p2c.claysheriff.com/jailinmates.aspx

Dr.Fessel
02-11-2010, 04:21 PM
Google street view is showing two white cars in the drive at that home.

Ms Suzanne
02-11-2010, 04:24 PM
Google street view is showing two white cars in the drive at that home.

Can you please give a link?

Noway
02-11-2010, 04:24 PM
Read s obit and he has two sons; both named .

Noway
02-11-2010, 04:25 PM
Link to obit.
http://jacksonville.com/tu-online/obituaries/archives/1000_14_April_2005.shtml#DAILEY%20General

darlin gal
02-11-2010, 04:26 PM
Clay County property records show the home on Gano Avenue is owned by . One record reviewed by the Times-Union lists s occupation as an independent Baptist preacher.

eyes4crime
02-11-2010, 04:27 PM
I keep getting 4 people living at the house on Gano all with the same phone #

Sorry to quote myself but I also get a at that address. Seems that the home has been owned by 3 different people - maybe this info is old??? All 4 have the same phone number - again it might be old info. Sorry for the confusion.

Noway
02-11-2010, 04:28 PM
both are FCC-registered amateur radio operators. Licenses both granted 5/16/2008.

http://www.city-data.com/aradio/lic-Orange-Park-Florida.html

These might be grandsons?

Dr.Fessel
02-11-2010, 04:29 PM
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=1152+Gano+orange+park+fl&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=49.71116,79.013672&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=1152+Gano+Ave,+Orange+Park,+Clay,+Florida+32 073&ll=30.171009,-81.718025&spn=0.006678,0.009645&t=h&z=17&layer=c&cbll=30.171005,-81.718124&panoid=BUKIwlOAxWYaMUwKyKEPzA&cbp=12,266.44,,0,5.1

Just click the direction button to the left.

joga
02-11-2010, 04:30 PM
i hope there has been a break in Somer's case! JUSTICE FOR SOMER!!

Dr.Fessel
02-11-2010, 04:33 PM
This means she made it past the construction house, past the Grove street crossing guard too.

Ms Suzanne
02-11-2010, 04:36 PM
This means she made it past the construction house, past the Grove street crossing guard too.

Is this where the dogs lost Somers scent?Near XXXX Gano Ave?

LFlorida
02-11-2010, 05:07 PM
news4jax is reading a statement from Somer's family's spokesperson.

Deena (sp?) is monitoring latest activity at XXXX Gano.

Dr.Fessel
02-11-2010, 05:10 PM
The single-story brick house was apparently empty when police arrived. Next door neighbor Thelma Cody, 77, said a husband, wife and their two sons and a cousin who'd been living in the home moved out last year. She said she wasn't sure when the family moved or where to. Another neighbor, Tanyia Williams, said she saw people move into the home last year, clean up the property and then leave at some point later in the year.

http://jacksonville.com/news/2010-02-11/story/deputies_fbi_search_house_near_somer_thompsons_dis appearance_sheriff_to_speak_

LFlorida
02-11-2010, 05:10 PM
Sheriff Beasseler refused to speak w/local reporter re: the crime.

Saying it's significant that FBI is doing search vs. FDLE. [omg!]

House is vacant since December. Owner's son is RSO.

[sorry if this is old news to y'all. just watching coverage on news4jax broadcast on tv.]

eyes4crime
02-11-2010, 05:15 PM
Sheriff Beasseler refused to speak w/local reporter re: the crime.

Saying it's significant that FBI is doing search vs. FDLE. [omg!]

House is vacant since December. Owner's son is RSO.

[sorry if this is old news to y'all. just watching coverage on news4jax broadcast on tv.]

Owners son is RSO? wonder who he is and if he was living there or knew it was empty. Thanks!!!!

ETA: Wonder if the son was living there last year at all?

Dr.Fessel
02-11-2010, 05:22 PM
What is all the digging about when they are searching these places?

The home at XXXX Gano Ave. is was roped off with police tape about 2:20 p.m. as deputies and an FBI forensics team began searching in the front yard using rakes and shovels

Emma Peel
02-11-2010, 05:22 PM
OMG.
This is so hard.
I'm going to throw up.
Wake me when it's over. :praying:
(Bless you Somer. Hang in there, family.)

Emma Peel
02-11-2010, 05:25 PM
any way to check the daughter(s) out. names? are they married?

Noway
02-11-2010, 05:26 PM
I didn't hear the part about RSO but did he say that they have also searched another house down Gano and on other side?

awakewriter
02-11-2010, 05:27 PM
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/local/021110-somer-case

Person of interest being questioned!

LFlorida
02-11-2010, 05:28 PM
Owners son is RSO? wonder who he is and if he was living there or knew it was empty. Thanks!!!!

ETA: Wonder if the son was living there last year at all?

That is what WESH or FirstCoastNews reported right at 5 p.m. [Sorry, I was flipping channels as soon as WESH started talking about it. WESH is an NBC affiliate as is WTLV/1st Coast News.]

Snufamonbobball
02-11-2010, 05:30 PM
Please lord, let this be it.

Check out the comments under this article. Interesting.

LFlorida
02-11-2010, 05:31 PM
2 breaking news alerts in Jax [Somer and Makia]

Going to Makia story first - presser by JSO. [oops, looks like it's being delayed. WJXT is filling time.]

Now hearing the presser via phone. (?!) eta - news4jax lost their feed, I think.

There's just TOO MUCH crime vs. children around here, I swear. Just crazy.

Emma Peel
02-11-2010, 05:34 PM
Don't know if this article has made it here yet:

cleo612
02-11-2010, 05:35 PM
A post just upthread a bit said that had some step-children. Maybe it wasn't his natural son, but a step-son who is the RSO.

Snufamonbobball
02-11-2010, 05:37 PM
There might be something to the comments in that story. Whomever posted, first posted it on another news site (FCN) and his or her original comment has been pulled. He/She said he knew the person who lived there and they lived alone when Somer went missing. They called LE a few weeks ago and directed them to the house and person. Finger's crossed.

LFlorida
02-11-2010, 05:40 PM
Should've stayed on news4jax - FCN is still on Makia story & LE is making some very odd comments about the # of missing persons cases. [I guess JSO didn't respond on Makia call for 2 hrs.]

OK - FCN live at Gano Ave. -

Quoting Diena's interview w/Fla Times-Union.

Presser scheduled for 7 p.m. tonite.

Dr.Fessel
02-11-2010, 05:44 PM
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/local/021110-somer-case

Person of interest being questioned!

They got him I bet. They would never have named him that if they didn't have the evidence.

Dr.Fessel
02-11-2010, 05:48 PM
That person who says they turned him in might get a very nice reward.

Ms Suzanne
02-11-2010, 05:51 PM
That person who says they turned him in might get a very nice reward.

I'm wondering why now.Why did this person wait to say something.

Emma Peel
02-11-2010, 05:52 PM
They got him I bet. They would never have named him that if they didn't have the evidence.

evidence was due back this week...

someone who claims to have turned him in left interesting comments on one of the articles, as indicated above regarding timing of vacancy/occupancy of house being searched.

Dr.Fessel
02-11-2010, 05:52 PM
I'm wondering why now.Why did this person wait to say something.

Maybe they just found out he had lived there?

darlin gal
02-11-2010, 05:54 PM
The single-story brick house was apparently empty when police arrived. Next door neighbor Thelma Cody, 77, said a husband, wife and their two sons and a cousin who'd been living in the home moved out last year. She said she wasn't sure when the family moved or where to. Another neighbor, Tanyia Williams, said she saw people move into the home last year, clean up the property and then leave at some point later in the year.

Could the cousin be the RSO?

eyes4crime
02-11-2010, 05:58 PM
evidence was due back this week...

someone who claims to have turned him in left interesting comments on one of the articles, as indicated above regarding timing of vacancy/occupancy of house being searched.

don't know why but the comments don't open for me - do you have to sign in?

Dr.Fessel
02-11-2010, 05:59 PM

I just scrolled down and saw them Eyes.

Noway
02-11-2010, 06:00 PM
I looked under P (last name of daughter) and B (last name of stepdaughter) and did not find any RSOs in Florida.

Emma Peel

no i didn't eyes. they were just under the article.

THIS is the article (from snuf, not me). Sorry for any confusion there. Scroll down for comments "2 hours ago".

Dr.Fessel
At least one other warrant was served, but information on that search is not available.

I bet that is on his car.

Noway
02-11-2010, 06:02 PM
If it is a SON and not a HUSBAND.

We don't know this person didn't already turn in a tip. It could have referred to "the vacant house on Gano" and they jumped on 1080. eta: Or thought they had investigated already. IDK

Ms Suzanne
02-11-2010, 06:03 PM

Could the cousin be the RSO?

I'm wondering where did they move to.

eyes4crime
02-11-2010, 06:04 PM
I just scrolled down and saw them Eyes.

Oh well - I scroll down and it says comments powered by Disques (sp) and asks me to sign in. Do they give any names that I can look up for us?

Dr.Fessel
02-11-2010, 06:06 PM
this says live broadcast
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/webcast.aspx?storyid=151903&catid=74

LFlorida
02-11-2010, 06:08 PM
news4jax is reporting that an investigator is at Diena's house, possibly inside.

Showing graphic -
1080 Gano Ave. Old search
XXXX Gano Ave. New search

Jennifer Bauer [I think that's who's talking] had just gone back and re-interviewed everybody in the case and Sheriff would not speak to her.

Schoolmates' parents are freaking out. They were picking up kids from school when todays' search started.

Still emphasizing 15 detectives working on it but today it is exclusively FBI searching.

Recovering-Lurker
02-11-2010, 06:09 PM
Oh please let this lead to justice for Somer. :praying:

LFlorida
02-11-2010, 06:09 PM
this says live broadcast
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/webcast.aspx?storyid=151903&catid=74

Just so you can ck, they are wrapping up talking about Makia on their broadcast.

[No, now they're talking about her and social networking.]

Emma Peel
02-11-2010, 06:11 PM
Does it have to be a relative of owner if place has been vacant a long time? Did I miss something that says POI is member of house owner family?

for example, Still could be RSO that's been in custody for some time?

Emma Peel
02-11-2010, 06:12 PM
lol LFlorida. Thanks for gluing yourself to your local news for us non-locals. :blowkiss:

Emma Peel
02-11-2010, 06:14 PM
news4jax is reporting that an investigator is at Diena's house, possibly inside.

Showing graphic -
1080 Gano Ave. Old search
XXXX Gano Ave. New search

Jennifer Bauer [I think that's who's talking] had just gone back and re-interviewed everybody in the case and Sheriff would not speak to her.

Schoolmates' parents are freaking out. They were picking up kids from school when todays' search started.

Still emphasizing 15 detectives working on it but today it is exclusively FBI searching.

I hope they are sharing info with her so she can stop shaking and start breathing. I know I'm shaking. OMG if they found something of Somers...

:praying: to keep Somer's family strong.

Snufamonbobball
02-11-2010, 06:15 PM
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=151903&catid=3

Here's the FCN story where the original comments were posted- They've been removed, but still very interesting none the less.

Emma Peel
02-11-2010, 06:15 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb & say they had suspects, got DNA back, confronted suspect, got confession, details.

I hope I'm right.

I think I've been here too long.

cleo612
02-11-2010, 06:16 PM
The presser is scheduled for 7pm--is that EST or CST?

sadnpod
02-11-2010, 06:17 PM
WHOO HOOO!!!

MAYBE TODAY~~

Justice for Somer!!!!

LFlorida
02-11-2010, 06:18 PM
Presser @ 7 pm EST.

FCN just said they are searching several homes on Gano. Not sure if that was accurate - channel-surfing again.

eyes4crime
ETA: Why two homes? guess this info is old.

Emma Peel
WHOO HOOO!!!

MAYBE TODAY~~

Justice for Somer!!!!

And her family!

LFlorida
02-11-2010, 06:20 PM
Now all local networks are doing weather coverage. Gonna be bad around here tomorrow. [relatively speaking - we are wimps]

No snow for us - dang.

sadnpod
02-11-2010, 06:21 PM
ST and DT are in touch according to ST...

All good news today, I hope.....

Noway
02-11-2010, 06:21 PM
Someone already posted this but:

http://jacksonville.com/news/2010-02-11/story/deputies_fbi_search_home_near_somer_thompsons_disa ppearance_sheriff_to_speak

The RSO could be any of these.

LFlorida
02-11-2010, 06:22 PM
Not wanting to confuse the issues any more than they are but when I do a background check on

news4jax says LE is scouring a yard and a home vs FCN saying several homes. IDK who's correct.

Noway
02-11-2010, 06:23 PM
Presser @ 7 pm EST.

FCN just said they are searching several homes on Gano. Not sure if that was accurate - channel-surfing again.

They had searched homes on Gano, hadn't they ... that Monday-Tuesday Somer disappeared?

But I thought I'd heard on the live newscast that they had searched one down the street from XXXX. They could mean 1080 (they are about 459 feet apart).

Map Showing Distance (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=1080+Gano+Ave,+Orange+Park,+FL+32073&daddr=1152+gano+ave,+orange+park,+fl&hl=en&geocode=%3BFbhezAEdNBQh-ykB3eXT3sXliDFYdrU8Qd2VLw&gl=us&mra=ls&dirflg=w&sll=30.170865,-81.722445&sspn=0.008941,0.015986&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=19)

Emma Peel
02-11-2010, 06:24 PM
ST and DT are in touch according to ST...

All good news today, I hope.....

Sad, Tell ST we @ WS are thinking of him & praying for the whole family today. I hope he has someone close to him helping him deal with the calls. He's not in FL is he?

LFlorida
02-11-2010, 06:24 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb & say they had suspects, got DNA back, confronted suspect, got confession, details.

I hope I'm right.

I think I've been here too long.

ITA. Haven't we all?!