PDA

View Full Version : What do you think could be done to break this case?

Pages : [1] 2

butterfly1978
02-12-2010, 12:05 AM
I remember early on people saying that they needed to lock Misty up and Le could break her. Well she has been locked up for a few weeks and nothing so what do you think could be done to get someone to talk?

Personally I believe that Le should find something to charge TN and GGS with, I beleive that they are Ron's weak spot and if he feels that they could be in trouble than he would start talking or find some way to get others to talk such as Misty. I think the way to break them is to find thier weak spot and I beleive that TN and GGS is Ron's weak spot, now Misty on the other hand, I beleive the only way she will break is for Ron to persuade her to talk, which I don't think he has done.

I'm just looking for ideas that maybe LE has not yet tried.

cyberborg
02-12-2010, 12:23 AM
Discover HaLeigh -- alive or remains.

These characters have gotten away with their games for over a year now, there is no incentive to say anything while HaLeigh is still missing. Ron, Misty or, Tommy could cut a deal in jail but only if there is no backlash that implicates them as well and gives them as much if not more jail time.

LE knows a lot but not enough to know exactly what happened to HaLeigh, when and, by who's hand IMO. It is a catch-22 where they need to determine who to charge with what -- there isn't enough to take to trial. Ron and Misty are co-dependents and co-criminals makes it tough.

Discovery of HaLeigh would put real pressure on them all and cause some slip-ups and cracks. Absent that there is so much confusion and he said / she said the best you can do is slap them all in jail on other charges that put them away for 20+ years.

Oh! that's what LE did. Sometimes you cannot get criminals charged and in jail for the crime they committed so you have to accept the next best and put them away for something else. Unless we find HaLeigh we will never know what happened.

Crosby87
02-12-2010, 12:45 AM
LE to follow up on the comment they made recently that Misty left the home Monday night and HaLeigh was gone when she returned.

butterfly1978
02-12-2010, 01:01 AM
I also think that if they beleive that Misty is the "key" and is not the one responsible than they need to let her know that she and her family can be protected, she may not know this. She may think that if she tells what she knows that her and her family will be the next victims. I think someone needs to explain to Misty what her options are if she tells the truth. She may think that the only way to stay alive and keep her family safe is not to tell the truth.

I really do beleive someone needs to explain the facts to Misty, she doesn't even realize what charges she is actually facing at this time, or how much her bond is.

nomoresorrow
02-12-2010, 01:13 AM
Rather than LP bailing Misty out, he should bail Ron out. The moment Misty finds out LP opted to bail out Ronald instead of her, she'll be fit to be tied - Once she realizes how high the price is for her continuing this cover-up, a price that she alone will pay - all while Ronald is free to eat what he wants to eat, when he wants to eat, smokes when he wants to smoke, and nestles up warm & snuggly with his fanclub/gf(s) - maybe then Misty will see it for what it is. While I'm sure Ronald would be thrilled to get out, he'd also have to be afraid of what Misty might do/say when she finds out. LE should put/keep a tight SV on him as I predict that he'd stay in very close contact with members of the Croslin family who visit Misty. I'd also play him like a fiddle if I were LE by putting out some "concerning" signals that might cause him to panic; perhaps even prompting him to revisit a certain location to check its status and/or possibly relocate whatever "remains" there to a different locale, just in case Misty talks...

MOO~

mysticrose
02-12-2010, 01:26 AM
Take away Misty's cig's in jail and her extra blanket..oh and make sure the commissary is totally sold out before she can order any Honey Buns .....:)

On a serious note I am still pondering this one ...

Kimster
02-12-2010, 01:33 AM
Take away Misty's cig's in jail and her extra blanket..oh and make sure the commissary is totally sold out before she can order any Honey Buns .....:)

On a serious note I am still pondering this one ...

Oh, I seriously was going to write something along these lines! STOP pampering her and make her miserable! Pampering didn't work when TM had Donna take her to Disneyworld and get a hair do!?!

Give her bread and water and interrogate her under a bright light. That's what I think. :snooty:

TXangel
02-12-2010, 01:48 AM
I also think that if they beleive that Misty is the "key" and is not the one responsible than they need to let her know that she and her family can be protected, she may not know this. She may think that if she tells what she knows that her and her family will be the next victims. I think someone needs to explain to Misty what her options are if she tells the truth. She may think that the only way to stay alive and keep her family safe is not to tell the truth.

I really do beleive someone needs to explain the facts to Misty, she doesn't even realize what charges she is actually facing at this time, or how much her bond is.

I agree.

Whisperer
02-12-2010, 01:56 AM
Misty loves to talk. She is a social butterfly. If she were put in a cell AWAY from all the action and left in to ponder her own versions of reality she may talk or go totally psychotic.

Ron is not a social butterfly but cannot stand to be alone with himself. This is his achilles heel.

The answer is to put them in a single cell and don't let them interact with anyone other than for basic services. I know they have to see their attorneys but I don't think either of these two attorneys are the doting type. Ron would go ballistic and Misty would do anything to have interaction with anyone. She needs attention badly. She will talk about something with the right motivation. She has no motivation now to talk.

suspicious1
02-12-2010, 02:38 AM
Rather than LP bailing Misty out, he should bail Ron out. The moment Misty finds out LP opted to bail out Ronald instead of her, she'll be fit to be tied - Once she realizes how high the price is for her continuing this cover-up, a price that she alone will pay - all while Ronald is free to eat what he wants to eat, when he wants to eat, smokes when he wants to smoke, and nestles up warm & snuggly with his fanclub/gf(s) - maybe then Misty will see it for what it is. While I'm sure Ronald would be thrilled to get out, he'd also have to be afraid of what Misty might do/say when she finds out. LE should put/keep a tight SV on him as I predict that he'd stay in very close contact with members of the Croslin family who visit Misty. I'd also play him like a fiddle if I were LE by putting out some "concerning" signals that might cause him to panic; perhaps even prompting him to revisit a certain location to check its status and/or possibly relocate whatever "remains" there to a different locale, just in case Misty talks...

MOO~

Absolutely! IMO, LE should've been following some of Ron's relatives, when Ron and Misty got locked up. Like TN and the uncle (Donald?). If they are afraid that Misty will talk maybe they would be the ones to do the deed (move any evidence). I mean he77, they did it for Ron while he went to work, why not do it for him while he's in jail, kwim? Everyone is still in "Cover Your Azz" mode, believe that. JMO

Trident
02-12-2010, 03:52 AM
Oh, I seriously was going to write something along these lines! STOP pampering her and make her miserable! Pampering didn't work when TM had Donna take her to Disneyworld and get a hair do!?!

Give her bread and water and interrogate her under a bright light. That's what I think. :snooty:

Maybe it's time LE started interrogating RC under bright lights and take away his showers and clean underwear. Maybe it's time they stopped pretending he's a grieving father and began treating him like a POI, even if the lowest one on the totem poll.

Maybe it's time to put TN under the lights and re-interview her boyfriend. Has GGMS been in the hot seat yet?

Let's get off the Croslins, because I see them as a pathetic bunch whose skids were greased on the downhill slope by association with RC.

I believe LE should concentrate on the Cummings clan.

My opinions only

LadyL
02-12-2010, 04:08 AM
I don't think Ron will ever talk. He will deny until his dying day because it's a game to him and his ego won't let him lose.

Misty's the key & she won't talk as long as she fears for her life. I have a feeling Ron's not the only one she's afraid of either. Self-preservation means that she can't talk. She honestly believes she will die at the hands of RC and/or others. MOO

Get her the heck away from all those people ... including her own family. De-programme her in a different jail that her family can't afford to travel to. Convince her to believe in a different fairytale that has her leaving jail and never seeing RC again. It's the only way we'll ever get answers. MOO

SoSueMe
02-12-2010, 07:21 AM
Open up the investigation more to the public. Let some of the inconsistencies come out so that perhaps others may come forward.

If all else fails, plant a story in the newspaper that LE may file murder charges on Misty and seek the death penalty (body or no body). I think that might get Misty's attention.

One thing is for certain - they all need pressure put on them and since they are lawyered up, it might have to be public pressure.

bessie
02-12-2010, 07:30 AM
Do what the thugs do without a "key": bump the lock.

Seriously, if the Haleigh team hasn't already, it is time they think outside the box and redirect the focus away from Misty. Go back to square one and rework the clues without her. Let the state prosecute R&M like any other drug offenders. No deals, no bargains. Make it clear that the game ends now! Shut the door and walk away. If either of the two wants to do some serious talking, great. Otherwise, let'em rot. I refuse to believe that the resolution to this case and justice for Haleigh rest on one conniving little teenager.:furious:

raisincharlie
02-12-2010, 08:22 AM
Provide Misty, Ron, and Tommy with "special" honeybuns - truth serum icing. :)

nforsee
02-12-2010, 08:41 AM
I think a way to get MC to talk about what she knows is to get all the key people in her life to commit the "ultimate" betrayal(s). As to what that betrayal(s) is I do not know but it has to be a sociological BLOW to her, leaving her to feel as if she has nothing to lose by telling what she knows.

LFlorida
02-12-2010, 08:49 AM
Get Teresa and Annette to tell exactly what happened the weekend before Haleigh was reported missing.

Find out where DonaldSq and his wife were on Sunday and Monday.

Ask Teresa why she lied for her son and his g/f.

Ask Teresa why she pointed everybody to Joe O and lied about him hauling @ss outta town the morning Haleigh "went missing".

Ask Ron why his mother cut him off every time he tried to talk about what happened to Haleigh [on jailhouse tape from Flagler County, broadcast on NG the night before or night of vigil.]

Ask Ron if anybody asked him to lie about anything.

Ask Misty if she really remembers waking up and finding Haleigh gone, or if she was woken by Ron & Teresa screaming at her "Where the hail is Haleigh?!"

eta - ask Teresa & Annette why they thought the wedding was such a [i]GRAND idea.

LFlorida
02-12-2010, 08:52 AM
Trace internet activities of ALL players in the case before and after 2/9/2009.

lorann
02-12-2010, 08:54 AM
Misty has beren misguided her whole life - yet when push comes to shove, she cried for and to her family for help. She is an adapter. She can make a life - she will make BFF's in any environment she is in. This new persona - going to tell everyone they can kiss her a$$ is because she is morphing into a jailbird. She is one scary person. If LE can make her not so comfy - isolate her, she may cling to them?

MADJGNLAW
02-12-2010, 08:54 AM
Unfortunately I don't think anything will make Ron or Misty talk at this point. Ron knows how to manipulate the system. His past criminal record shows that. I think Misty is not as dumb as most see her. Ron may of brain washed her as well and used his past history to prove to her, hey do as I say and all will be OK. It worked out for him so far. I am uncomfortable with the fact that all these inmates find a way to communicate with each other, or pass around what they want the other to hear through other inmates. As long as they are in the Florida jail system Ron will get word to Misty and others one way or another. I know most are not if favor of Misty being bailed out by LP. People want Misty to stay behind bars so that LE can break her. IMO, if they were going to break her they would of the first 3 days. Reason being, she had serious detox going on and would of said or done anything to get her next hit and get out of jail. I feel if she was let out and under 24/7 supervision with LP and team (Or anyone else trying to get her to crack), she may shed some light or someone may be able to break her. Again, LE has not been able to break her in a year, in or out of jail.
As for Ron, well what was the first thing he did? He called a reporter and gave his instructions IMO to Misty/Others via interview. (IMO, this is his only fear that Misty or someone will talk.) He goes to the dentist complaining of pain so he can get his pain meds. He has gotten away with much in the past and he probably feels he will do the same again. This is not his first time in jail so he will just wait it out knowing that most likely he is not going to face that much time behind bars. IMO, Ron does have a high IQ as TN stated, but not as in an intelligent person. He has a high IQ on knowing what to do to get away with a crime. He is a smart criminal, but the day will come when someone will out smart him and that day will be when Ron lets his guard down and I don't think that is going to happen any time soon. Unless someone else is charged with what ever happen to Haleigh LE will not be able to get anything out of him nor Misty. JMO though.

I did find this video report to be pretty interesting and now wonder if the State Attorney is going to move forward and start charging someone in regards to Haleigh's disappearance?

In this video (around 4:01), the reporter said that LE did not give a press conference because the States Attorneys office told them not to, due to the drug case and the Haleigh Cummings investigation. I wonder if the State Attorney is preparing to bring forth some new charges?

Video Report: Final Connection to Haleigh Cummings Leaves Neighborhood 02/10/10
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/...id=65869876001

LFlorida
02-12-2010, 08:57 AM
LE to follow up on the comment they made recently that Misty left the home Monday night and HaLeigh was gone when she returned.

Bluesky, I don't think that's what LE actually said, is it?

I have never ever heard that particular spin in media.

Any clarification or link is appreciated. :)

debs
02-12-2010, 08:58 AM
I think a way to get MC to talk about what she knows is to get all the key people in her life to commit the "ultimate" betrayal(s). As to what that betrayal(s) is I do not know but it has to be a sociological BLOW to her, leaving her to feel as if she has nothing to lose by telling what she knows.

1. Ron betrays her on a regular basis and she shrugs it off.
2. Her brother has taken hit after hit from her and still he lavishly continues to support her. He even goes so far to state that he got drugs for her because she asked him to. That's loyalty. I'm not sure Tommy could ever betray her; it would be interesting to see, though.
3. Her mom was on television telling everyone she thought her daughter was a liar.
4. Her dad "won't say anything bad" about her. I'm guessing ol' Hank has secrets he'd rather Misty never shares. Something that was said in the jail tapes made me think some of those pills were his. JMO and all that.
5. She can assume that TN and GGM are no longer to be considered on her side.

Misty doesn't care about betrayal. She has her victim's role that she's always used to carry her through. Much like Ron has used bullying and intimidation to keep people in line, Misty will cry 'victim here, victim here!' and like Wednesday Addams, someone is going to be whispering "all your life." because that's what she thinks works.

Pastalover
02-12-2010, 09:05 AM
Maybe it's time LE started interrogating RC under bright lights and take away his showers and clean underwear. Maybe it's time they stopped pretending he's a grieving father and began treating him like a POI, even if the lowest one on the totem poll.

Maybe it's time to put TN under the lights and re-interview her boyfriend. Has GGMS been in the hot seat yet?

Let's get off the Croslins, because I see them as a pathetic bunch whose skids were greased on the downhill slope by association with RC.

My opinions only

Excellent!

LFlorida
02-12-2010, 09:21 AM
1. Ron betrays her on a regular basis and she shrugs it off.
2. Her brother has taken hit after hit from her and still he lavishly continues to support her. He even goes so far to state that he got drugs for her because she asked him to. That's loyalty. I'm not sure Tommy could ever betray her; it would be interesting to see, though.
3. Her mom was on television telling everyone she thought her daughter was a liar.
4. Her dad "won't say anything bad" about her. I'm guessing ol' Hank has secrets he'd rather Misty never shares. Something that was said in the jail tapes made me think some of those pills were his. JMO and all that.
5. She can assume that TN and GGM are no longer to be considered on her side.

Misty doesn't care about betrayal. She has her victim's role that she's always used to carry her trhough. Much like Ron has used bullying and intimidation to keep people in line, Misty will cry 'victim here, victim here!' and like Wednesday Aaddams, someone is going to be whispering "all your life." because that's what she thinks works.

That's kind of an exaggeration to say her mother called her a liar on television.

The part about Hank and "secrets" he & Misty share - reminds me of someone else who was always on here posting about this person or that person being a child molester, just completely out of the blue. [It's not a flattering comparison and I do apologize.]

Ron didn't miraculously pick a new and different type of girlfriend. Every one of them has been the submissive, doormat type, and walked away a broken human being from what we've read and heard.

How can it be that Crystal was victimized by this family but Misty was not? <<< this is my biggest problem with Marie & Crystal pointing at Misty. Dumb as doorknobs, still being manipulated by Ron, or ...???

jmo - you can't have it both ways: Crystal the ultimate victim and Misty the ultimate manipulator with Ron the common denominator.

debs
02-12-2010, 09:34 AM
That's kind of an exaggeration to say her mother called her a liar on television.

The part about Hank and "secrets" he & Misty share - reminds me of someone else who was always on here posting about this person or that person being a child molester, just completely out of the blue. [It's not a flattering comparison and I do apologize.]

Ron didn't miraculously pick a new and different type of girlfriend. Every one of them has been the submissive, doormat type, and walked away a broken human being from what we've read and heard.

How can it be that Crystal was victimized by this family but Misty was not? <<< this is my biggest problem with Marie & Crystal pointing at Misty. Dumb as doorknobs, still being manipulated by Ron, or ...???

jmo - you can't have it both ways: Crystal the ultimate victim and Misty the ultimate manipulator with Ron the common denominator.

Not an exaggeration: "My daughter isn't telling the truth." That's pretty clear.

I'm not saying Misty hasn't been a victim. But she's a willing participant whose continued involvement with the Cummings family has exacerbated her criminal behavior, and though she's been a victim no doubt many times in her life, she still uses the victim role as a means to try to get out of the trouble she finds herself. Crystal's decline was internal; it affected her psyche, immobilizing her into near paralysis, where she took every bad thing thrown at her as though it were all she deserved.

pferrin
02-12-2010, 09:34 AM
Work on lindsey, she knows more than she is saying..
Put Ronald in solitary..he thrives on gen population
take away some shower privileges
betrayal of rc and mc ...one gets ciggies and one doesnt.
get misty away from gen population..more seclusion

again work on lindsey..tommy is very dependent on her..

nforsee
02-12-2010, 10:04 AM
my theory is that if misty feels all hope is lost she will talk, I understand she feels she is the victim and she loves being the victim, I can not help but think that by taking her family away from her and not letting her know what is going on with them she will feel betrayed by them she will feel like they have abandoned her. As for how Ron will play a part of it all they thrive off of the drama they create for themselves. She has to hear him tell her secrets even if it is not related to his daughter.

this is all my simple minded brain storming ideals, details and the legal aspects of it all are stillfloating around :waitasec:

TxLady2
02-12-2010, 10:17 AM
Get Teresa and Annette to tell exactly what happened the weekend before Haleigh was reported missing.

Ask Teresa why she pointed everybody to Joe O and lied about him hauling @ss outta town the morning Haleigh "went missing".

Ask Ron why his mother cut him off every time he tried to talk about what happened to Haleigh [on jailhouse tape from Flagler County, broadcast on NG the night before or night of vigil.]

Ask Misty if she really remembers waking up and finding Haleigh gone, or if she was woken by Ron & Teresa screaming at her "Where the hail is Haleigh?!"

eta - ask Teresa & Annette why they thought the wedding was such a [i]GRAND idea.

Great post, LF, and I agree.
Maybe it's not just Misty who needs to talk. Maybe they should put a little more pressure on Ron and Teresa and Ggma because I have a strong feeling that his family knows way more than they have let on so far.
Just sayin'.

4Jacy
02-12-2010, 10:36 AM

LFlordia, my thoughts exactly. But TN and GGM are very tough cookies and I don't know if they'd talk. Who here has the investigative incentive to look into their backgrounds a little more thoroughly?

I have a feeling about these two and its not pretty.

grace60
02-12-2010, 10:48 AM
Work on lindsey, she knows more than she is saying..
Put Ronald in solitary..he thrives on gen population
take away some shower privileges
betrayal of rc and mc ...one gets ciggies and one doesnt.
get misty away from gen population..more seclusion

again work on lindsey..tommy is very dependent on her..

BBM I think her Grandfather is taking care of that and I think it is working.

dodie20
02-12-2010, 11:12 AM
get an expert-some kind of deprogrammer-to work with Misty & undo that 'ride or die' mentality she has for Ron. If that doesn't work, lay the evidence out in front of her & her lawyer & then charge her with the murder of Haleigh. There's enough circumstantial evidence to convince a jury.

Emeralgem
02-12-2010, 11:18 AM
IMHO... IT'S WATERBOARD TIME

Especially for Ron C and Teresa... aka Mother...JMO

Trident
02-12-2010, 11:50 AM
I don't think Ron will ever talk. He will deny until his dying day because it's a game to him and his ego won't let him lose.

ACTUALLY, I THINK RON WILL TALK BECAUSE, AS YOU SAY, IT'S A GAME TO HIM. ONCE HE'S IN JAIL WITH NO CONTROL OVER HIS CHILDREN, HIS GIRL FRIEND, OR ANYONE ELSE, HE'LL BEGIN TO COME APART. ONCE HE REALIZES NOBODY CARES WHAT HE SAYS OR DOES OR HOW BLUSTERS AND THREATENS, HE JUST MIGHT BE WILLING TO TALK IN ORDER TO REGAIN SOME MEASURE OF CONTROL AND LIMELIGHT.

Misty's the key & she won't talk as long as she fears for her life. I have a feeling Ron's not the only one she's afraid of either. Self-preservation means that she can't talk. She honestly believes she will die at the hands of RC and/or others. MOO

I NO LONGER SEE MISTY AS THE "KEY". THE KEY TO WHAT? IF SHE WAS DRUGGED OUT OR REALLY SLEEPING, OR NOT THERE - WELL, SHE DOESN'T KNOW, ONLY KNOWS WHAT SHE WAS TOLD AND PROBABLY DOESN'T EVEN KNOW WHY. SHE MAY BE "KEY" TO SOMETHING, BUT IN MY OPINION, NOT THIS INVESTIGATION - SHE'S A TOOL INSTEAD OF A KEY.

Get her the heck away from all those people ... including her own family. De-programme her in a different jail that her family can't afford to travel to. Convince her to believe in a different fairytale that has her leaving jail and never seeing RC again. It's the only way we'll ever get answers. MOO

POSSIBLE, BUT IN MY OPINION, NOT PROBABLE. TO ME, RC OR TN, EVEN GGMS ARE BETTER BETS AND ARE PROBABLY ABLE TO OPEN MORE LOCKS.

My opinion only

PoppyH
02-12-2010, 11:53 AM
Misty telling the truth for one thing, but I doubt that will happen its been a year, as long as no one talks, they all get away with it JMO

4Jacy
02-12-2010, 11:57 AM
I suppose this is for the legal beagles out there. I know you cannot FORCE someone to take Sodium Pentathol (the truth serum), however, could you offer it to any of the players for a deal, a very, very sweet deal. Take the needle and you walk.

Could it ever be done illegally, without the persons knowledge. I have gotten this for some heavy duty dental work and I remember nothing (probably killed a few brain cells too).

TIA

LiveLaughLuv
02-12-2010, 12:18 PM
the police need to play their game. They need to tell MC they found HaLeigh and see her reaction. They need to tell MC they have the evidence and if she wants to save her life, she should come clean now..

Too bad those tapes DB made were deemed illegal. One cannot record someone w/o their knowledge. On those tapes you can hear the contempt in MC's words, she did not have love for HaLeigh as she so professes, IMO. She spoke so disrespectfully of her it's a darn shame. She basically said, HaLeigh is ashes...never to be found..I truly feel she is well aware of the who and why HaLeigh was taken.

I still see great comparisons of TN and CA...they act like one in the same. Talk all great things about their children, yet in the back of their minds, you can see they don't believe what they sputter...:furious: But it's important for others to see them in a good light, great parents and all the bravado they feel about themselves..

Peliman
02-12-2010, 12:22 PM
Me thinks if TN and GGMS were concerned about Haleigh they would be cooperative with LE in finding her.

Since so much doubt exist for these two, it would behove them to sit for questioning and polygraphs.

Honesty, truthfulness and being cooperative with LE is what's needed to get to Haleigh.

To my knowledge it has not been reported that TN has sat for a polygraph, I'd like to hear from a reliable source that she has. She has nothing to hide right?

One more thing, lets understand Haleigh is the primary victim here, people only expect the truth.

MADJGNLAW
02-12-2010, 12:28 PM
I suppose this is for the legal beagles out there. I know you cannot FORCE someone to take Sodium Pentathol (the truth serum), however, could you offer it to any of the players for a deal, a very, very sweet deal. Take the needle and you walk.

Could it ever be done illegally, without the persons knowledge. I have gotten this for some heavy duty dental work and I remember nothing (probably killed a few brain cells too).

TIA

:waitasec:Not sure if I am remembering correctly, but I thought at one time Misty asked for Sodium Pentathol (the truth serum). I think it was when she was communicating with Tim Miller, she asked him to find someone to give her the Poly and LVA test. I do wonder how it would be possible to give her the Sodium Pentathol if she ask for it again. It would be great if she asked who ever bonds her out to find a way to have it administered.
I don't see if she is asking for it and someone other than LE arranges for her to have it how that would interfere in LE's investigation or future charges. But, as you said someone with a Legal background would have to answer this question.
It would be a sure way to get the truth out of Misty thats for sure.

Emeralgem
02-12-2010, 12:30 PM
the police need to play their game. They need to tell MC they found HaLeigh and see her reaction. They need to tell MC they have the evidence and if she wants to save her life, she should come clean now..

Too bad those tapes DB made were deemed illegal. One cannot record someone w/o their knowledge. On those tapes you can hear the contempt in MC's words, she did not have love for HaLeigh as she so professes, IMO. She spoke so disrespectfully of her it's a darn shame. She basically said, HaLeigh is ashes...never to be found..I truly feel she is well aware of the who and why HaLeigh was taken.

I still see great comparisons of TN and CA...they act like one in the same. Talk all great things about their children, yet in the back of their minds, you can see they don't believe what they sputter...:furious: But it's important for others to see them in a good light, great parents and all the bravado they feel about themselves..

BBM.. This may very well be the ONLY TRUE statement Misty has made in the last year...I suggest LE start investigating that as a FACT.. JMO

PoppyH
02-12-2010, 12:33 PM
BBM.. This may very well be the ONLY TRUE statement Misty has made in the last year...I suggest LE start investigating that as a FACT.. JMO

Where did that statement from Misty come from??

mikeysmommom
02-12-2010, 12:39 PM

I feel someone needs to let Misty know just how many years she is looking at.She does not realize how much trouble she is in,somehow she thinks charges will be reduced.If she realizes just how deep the chit really is I think she will talk to help herself.She is the link she knows what happened as she was the one who was with Haleigh when whatever happened took place.

azwriter
02-12-2010, 12:42 PM
I remember early on people saying that they needed to lock Misty up and Le could break her. Well she has been locked up for a few weeks and nothing so what do you think could be done to get someone to talk?

Personally I believe that Le should find something to charge TN and GGS with, I beleive that they are Ron's weak spot and if he feels that they could be in trouble than he would start talking or find some way to get others to talk such as Misty. I think the way to break them is to find thier weak spot and I beleive that TN and GGS is Ron's weak spot, now Misty on the other hand, I beleive the only way she will break is for Ron to persuade her to talk, which I don't think he has done.

Well butterfly, you've made my day. Yes, I agree let's get TN and GGMAS into this mix of hoods. I don't know if that would make Misty care a bit about the truth, but it would stir something from Ron.
I also think Ron, Misty and Tommy need to be told exactly what they are facing on the drug charges. Let them know it's not going to be a picnic. Then, let them stew over it. Let it sink in and maybe they will see the light.
However, right now I do believe they are not worried about these drug charges but the fact that cops have easy access to them and can question them about Haliegh. Even if they don't answer, from their conversations in jail we've seen they are complaining about that. Misty thinks the extra charges and the high bail are the result of Haliegh being missing. Even Ron brings up the fact that they are questioning him about Misty and the night Haeligh went missing.
Tommy is a weak link among them. I think he wants out and does know something about Haleigh. Give it time and he will spill what he know.
They all need a come to meeting moment but that will take more time spent in a jail cell. jmo

cluciano63
02-12-2010, 12:42 PM

yes u would like to know misty said this, or exactly what she said...

i think that all visits and phone calls should be stopped, they all know they are on camera, nothing major is going to come out that way, and they both love the attention too much. if they can't whine and complain to their famlies and are not given anything other than what other dope users are given, they might start clamoring for attention.

Nothing may work, in the long run, with these two, but i do not think (as much as we enjoy them) that the taped phone calls are telling us much of real use. Yes we learn that RC and his mommy have some weird vibes going on...but I always thought she would say whatever he told her to say anyway so that is not new...

Lexington
02-12-2010, 12:47 PM
I somehow think that GGM is the one who will step forward and tell what she knows. I think that she has lost too much at the hands of her grandson - Haleigh and Jr. She is probably rehashing in her mind all that she has done for Ronald in the past, giving him a home and providing for him when his own mother wouldn't/couldn't. I am sure that she is completely fed up and is not afraid to tell the truth. IMO of all of the players involved, she is the one most likely to spill the beans.

mikeysmommom
02-12-2010, 12:53 PM

My opinions only

They were all a pathetic bunch before they ever met the Cummings.There is no proof that any of the Cummings had anything to do wit Haleigh missing.Now Misty was and has admitting to watching Haleigh that night and Tommy has finally admitted going to the MH that night,Seems to me the Croslins should and are in the hot seat now.

mikeysmommom
02-12-2010, 12:57 PM
:waitasec:Not sure if I am remembering correctly, but I thought at one time Misty asked for Sodium Pentathol (the truth serum). I think it was when she was communicating with Tim Miller, she asked him to find someone to give her the Poly and LVA test. I do wonder how it would be possible to give her the Sodium Pentathol if she ask for it again. It would be great if she asked who ever bonds her out to find a way to have it administered.
I don't see if she is asking for it and someone other than LE arranges for her to have it how that would interfere in LE's investigation or future charges. But, as you said someone with a Legal background would have to answer this question.

Some how I don t think she would tell the truth even with truth serum.Don't forget she asked Tim for those tests then flunked them.:banghead:

lonetraveler
02-12-2010, 01:04 PM
Me thinks if TN and GGMS were concerned about Haleigh they would be cooperative with LE in finding her.

Since so much doubt exist for these two, it would behove them to sit for questioning and polygraphs.

Honesty, truthfulness and being cooperative with LE is what's needed to get to Haleigh.

To my knowledge it has not been reported that TN has sat for a polygraph, I'd like to hear from a reliable source that she has. She has nothing to hide right?

One more thing, lets understand Haleigh is the primary victim here, people only expect the truth.

I've asked many times if GGMS, TN and Ron's Uncle have taken a polygraph and never received a confirmation. I beleive that this case could be solved if these three were interrogated very intensely and given polygraphs. I also wonder if they were requested to take the test and if they refused to take it. I believe that GGMS would break before TN would.

poco
02-12-2010, 01:09 PM
IMO, whatever it takes - enough is enough!

Peliman
02-12-2010, 01:19 PM
I've asked many times if GGMS, TN and Ron's Uncle have taken a polygraph and never received a confirmation. I beleive that this case could be solved if these three were interrogated very intensely and given polygraphs. I also wonder if they were requested to take the test and if they refused to take it. I believe that GGMS would break before TN would.

Hi lonetraveler,

I have asked the first 7 months if they took a polygraph and also received no response but for Haleigh's sake they need to. One would think they would like to clear their names from involvement, even in knowledge.

The absence of them not doing so makes any person go hmm several times.

drip~drop
02-12-2010, 01:27 PM

Maybe if they promised Misty a buzz-on?

Seriously. Maybe taking some drugs now that her system is cleared, will hype her up enough to run off at the mouth?
I just don't know what will make her talk....just hoping for a slip-up from her mouth.:banghead:
jmo

dodie20
02-12-2010, 01:39 PM
Maybe if they promised Misty a buzz-on?

Seriously. Maybe taking some drugs now that her system is cleared, will hype her up enough to run off at the mouth?
I just don't know what will make her talk....just hoping for a slip-up from her mouth.:banghead:
jmo My daughter dated a guy who picked her up from work one night all bleeped up on some kind of speed-meth, I think. Oh My God...he fessed up to things that he would NEVER had told her otherwise. He was an angry, raging, truth teller. He couldn't stop himself. Now, if there was a legal way to use that in a controlled situation, LE might be able to get the truth. If sodium penthanol is anything like this, it might be the answer.

drip~drop
02-12-2010, 01:46 PM
My daughter dated a guy who picked her up from work one night all bleeped up on some kind of speed-meth, I think. Oh My God...he fessed up to things that he would NEVER had told her otherwise. He was an angry, raging, truth teller. He couldn't stop himself. Now, if there was a legal way to use that in a controlled situation, LE might be able to get the truth. If sodium penthanol is anything like this, it might be the answer.

Wow. That was probably a scary night for your daughter. :(

I wish they could force SP on her.

LillieBelle
02-12-2010, 01:53 PM
Great post, LF, and I agree.
Maybe it's not just Misty who needs to talk. Maybe they should put a little more pressure on Ron and Teresa and Ggma because I have a strong feeling that his family knows way more than they have let on so far.
Just sayin'.

Put the pressure on TN, all her crying is getting nauseating...she knows and that is why she is crying all the time...all the while saying she wants to "find HaLeigh"....TN-if you are reading- I know you know...

LillieBelle
02-12-2010, 01:56 PM
LFlordia, my thoughts exactly. But TN and GGM are very tough cookies and I don't know if they'd talk. Who here has the investigative incentive to look into their backgrounds a little more thoroughly?

I have a feeling about these two and its not pretty.

At this point, I believe TN and GMAS are the "keys"...

LFlorida
02-12-2010, 02:01 PM
Hi lonetraveler,

I have asked the first 7 months if they took a polygraph and also received no response but for Haleigh's sake they need to. One would think they would like to clear their names from involvement, even in knowledge.

The absence of them not doing so makes any person go hmm several times.

jmo, but they haven't had a need to "clear their name" amongst the local & not-so-local public... because they've distracted everybody into looking at the wrong persons! [tyvm, circus ringleaders, whoever you are - grrr....]

LFlorida
02-12-2010, 02:06 PM

I'm sorry, but I cannot believe Miss Jaque's bulloni. She wanted her name back in the news.

You do realize that she said she was getting this info thx to Jose' Biass!? And that there was TWENTYFOURHOURS of tapes that she listened to VIA PHONE? [sorry for screaming]

impatientredhead
02-12-2010, 02:11 PM
I don't think the answers to this case will come from within this group.
It will require outsiders, the hunter that finds her remains, the forensic team that deciphers what evidence is left.

No one in this crowd is going to do anything for Haleigh, not one of them. Several of them I do think would roll to save their own butt but I don't think they know what happened.

And the one's that do know have a better shot at fighting a drug case, challenging the police investigation, trying to get evidence excluded.... better odds of that then trying to explain their part in Haleigh's death.

Quiche
02-12-2010, 02:25 PM
This is a great thread! So many thought provoking angles being tossed around...

What occurs to me at this point is that Misty is very glib in her visits with her mom... I think it's imperative to keep the "minutes" up on all their phones, and plenty of gas in mom's tank to get her in to visit as frequently as possible. It may just be my take on things, but Misty seems to be gaining some strength, some ego, and with that often comes the kind of flippant remark that can break this thing wide open.

I say, pour on the visits for Misty and keep them restricted for Ron.

MysteryAddict
02-12-2010, 02:35 PM
I'd like to see poly's be given to TN and GMAS since I can't believe a word they say.

SoSueMe
02-12-2010, 02:38 PM

I believe Misty could ask for Sodium Penathol and receive it (she's an adult), although I doubt LE would open themselves up to that type of liability and her attorney surely wouldn't allow it. Sodium Penathol isn't fail proof. If you're a practiced liar and you have a story down pat that you want to stick to, you can beat the drug. It's also a highly suggestive drug. You can implant false memories as well as you can extract the truth with it. I'd love it if this would work, but I'm just not so sure it would from everything I've read about it. They just need to put her little butt in a padded cell and feed her oatmeal for a week or two. :banghead:

Emeralgem
02-12-2010, 02:41 PM
I'm sorry, but I cannot believe Miss Jaque's bulloni. She wanted her name back in the news.

You do realize that she said she was getting this info thx to Jose' Biass!? And that there was TWENTYFOURHOURS of tapes that she listened to VIA PHONE? [sorry for screaming]

Could be Miss Jaque was talking bulloni as you refer to it.. Could be Misty did state Haleigh was ashes and she would never be found too...TM, himself, has stated he doubts she will ever be found...
Personally, I can believe Ron and the Cummings would do this... One thing for certain, I suspect their main objective other than covering for Ronald has been to make sure the REAL TRUTH as to what happened to Haleigh is NEVER discovered...Having her creamated would be a sure way to accomplish that goal.JMO

SoSueMe
02-12-2010, 02:49 PM
She basically said, HaLeigh is ashes...never to be found..

This really scares me. The burning of that houseboat, so soon after Haleigh disappeared and all the talk about Ron's connnections with a funeral home (crematorium). They all seem so confident she won't be found IMO, so they know all they have to do is keep their mouths shut.

LFlorida
02-12-2010, 03:00 PM
Could be Miss Jaque was talking bulloni as you refer to it.. Could be Misty did state Haleigh was ashes and she would never be found too...TM, himself, has stated he doubts she will ever be found...
Personally, I can believe Ron and the Cummings would do this... One thing for certain, I suspect their main objective other than covering for Ronald has been to make sure the REAL TRUTH as to what happened to Haleigh is NEVER discovered...Having her creamated would be a sure way to accomplish that goal.JMO

I'm sorry for the confusion, Emeralgem, I didn't mean to imply anything about the ashes theory with my post, just the reality of the Donna/Misty tapes.

FWIW - For all I know, Jaque got conned, too. Or maybe there really are 24 hrs of audio recording of them talking. Just found it kinda remarkable that Jose' turned her on to them.

BUT...

Personally, I'm not buying the ashes stuff. Not even sure at the moment where that originated.

Searchfortruth
02-12-2010, 03:09 PM
More segregation, Ron needs to be away from all inmates, like he was in Flagler Co. His phone conversation, where he talks about the other inmates, makes it sound like he's getting a little enjoyment from the company. Misty needs to be segregated too, no inmates reaching through the bars to style her hair, etc...They should be allowed visitors, phone calls... let 'em talk. If the segregation doesn't break them, I don't know what will other than some sort of "offer" from the state.

Emeralgem
02-12-2010, 03:12 PM
I'm sorry for the confusion, Emeralgem, I didn't mean to imply anything about the ashes theory with my post, just the reality of the Donna/Misty tapes.

FWIW - For all I know, Jaque got conned, too. Or maybe there really are 24 hrs of audio recording of them talking. Just found it kinda remarkable that Jose' turned her on to them.

BUT...

Personally, I'm not buying the ashes stuff. Not even sure at the moment where that originated.

My understanding is the ashes information was revealed on Levi's show.. I believe he is one who had the woman on as a guest, but I could be wrong it could have been another show..
In reference to myself, I'm not completely discounting this could have taken place.....JMO

LiveLaughLuv
02-12-2010, 03:18 PM

WTH are you talking about? Who got what info from Jose' Biass!

What I did hear was DB was going to either give the tape to Baez or sell it to him, either way it's how I felt, or believe.there was lots of incriminating words spoken on those tapes. Whether it was faked or put on, don't care, if it's a thought it could be a possibility. HaLeigh I doubt will be found. Someone was in that dumpster the dogs hit on, I don't buy it was a bandaid or a sanitary pad. I do believe something happened way before the 3:27am 911 call..

cluciano63
02-12-2010, 03:24 PM
as long as they know that they will make NG everytime they speak, they are not going to say anything helpful...they are only going to whine and occassionally moan about poor haleigh...they have learned at least that they are playing for the nation now...i think it would be much better if florida did not give out tapes of inmates calls and visits...maybe the inmates would tend to forget that they are still being taped, if it wasn't splashed on local and national tv...i am not much for that sunshine law...i don't think the public needs to know every little thing until a case comes to trial...

debs
02-12-2010, 03:31 PM
I hope they all suffer media starvation.

SoSueMe
02-12-2010, 03:50 PM
Someone was in that dumpster the dogs hit on, I don't buy it was a bandaid or a sanitary pad. I do believe something happened way before the 3:27am 911 call..

[Snipped]

I wholeheartedly agree. I never bought the bandaid, sanitary pad cr@p. There was a dead body scent in that dumpster at one time. Whether it was Haleigh's body or not, it was there. A false hit by one dog, maybe, but not three different cadaver dogs. Nope, not buying it.

passionflower
02-12-2010, 05:16 PM
Put more pressure on TN...........and GGS.......

Crosby87
02-12-2010, 05:54 PM
Bluesky, I don't think that's what LE actually said, is it?

I have never ever heard that particular spin in media.

Any clarification or link is appreciated. :)

Here you go,

Post 154 in the Jailhouse Surveillance Video: Misty talks to Mom has the link to the article where this comment was found.

<snipped>

Detectives believe that one tip may come from the Misty, who was then Ronald's girlfriend. Misty was watching the girl that day. She told detectives she left Haleigh alone for just a few minutes inside the home. Haleigh then simply vanished.

http://www.cfnews13.com/Business/LocalBusinessHeadlines/2010/2/10/haleigh_cummings_missing_one_year.html

doobiedoo52
02-12-2010, 07:19 PM
I think the answer to the title of this thread depends on what LE already knows and we don't. Why are they telling RC that Misty gets cigarettes all the time so LE can question her? She doesn't mention that. Are they trying to get him angry? And why did they want RC to record a message for MC saying he loved her? There has to be a reason--obviously to produce some sort of effect on MC. I mean, if she thinks he loves her won't she just clam up tighter to protect him? They obviously know something we don't. JMO

DenVIP
02-12-2010, 07:35 PM
What LE needs to do now is go to the prosecutor and tell them they want the maximum number of charges they can bring, no matter what it is, they need to then tell there lawyers that they will negotiate only once in this case, and that that the person who brings Haleigh home first gets the carrot. A reduction in charges and sentencing. If no one talks or gives useful info, let them rot. I would also implicate any other family member I could as accomplice's if I could, like GGMS it her vehicle was used.......These good citizens deserve every year they get

Beatrice
02-13-2010, 06:42 AM
IMO...One way to break this case.....

Take away all the "extras"....Isolate them from the outside world.
Take away their "celebrity status"

No newspapers, no televised phone calls, no cigs, no clean underwear,
no money for the commissary, nothin'.....

Talk real info & then a cig.,etc.

cluciano63
02-13-2010, 09:34 PM

i agree. i know LE is hoping to get lucky by listening in on their calls and visits, but i think it should all come to a halt. RC AND MC are enjoying this all a little too much and if anyone thought RC was an innocent man before, all you need to do is open your eyes and watch and listen to how concerned he is about anything other than himself. No father with a missing young child would be anything other than beside himself with grief and worry, IMO, and taking every chance he could to talk to LE-NOT to get his face on NG, so he can show how sad he is, but real talk to real cops about every possibility and never ever refusing to cooperate. I am sorry but i do not believe for one second that an innocent person refuses to cooperate when the issue at hand is the life or death of his 5-yr old child. Mark Klaus has said it a million times-let them do what they have to do to investigate you so they can MOVE ON and Ron has not done this...

shufly
02-13-2010, 10:53 PM
i'm not sure anybody knows the truth but misty - if she remembers - and possibly ronald. and i just don't see them telling the truth. they can't even admit they have a drug problem or that the reason they are in jail with high bonds is because of what they did. it's all unfair in their eyes and they shouldn't be sitting there. so to admit they had something to do with haleigh's disappearance is pretty far fetched in my opinion. sadly, i think this just may be another OJ case where the best we can hope for is that they get the maximum sentence on other charges and chaulk it up to karma biting them in the butt.

Kimster
02-13-2010, 11:59 PM
The discussions that were on this thread about local fires are now on this thread: Discussions about local fires - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Let's get back on the topic of this thread now, which is What do you think could be done to break this case?

CathyinTexas
02-14-2010, 12:36 AM

Why should they lock them up? They would have to have committed a/the crime, and I do not think they did.

CathyinTexas
02-14-2010, 12:41 AM

MOO~

Am I the only person here who does not think that Ron is the perpetrator of this crime? I do not think Misty is protecting Ron in this. She may be afraid of the person/s who took Haleigh, and she may be afraid Ron would harm her if he finds out she was implicated in Haleigh's disappearance, but I do not believe she is protecting Ron because he is guilty in this!

txsvicki
02-14-2010, 12:43 AM
I don't know what could be done to break the case other than locking them up on drug dealing. There's too much the public doesn't know, such as what really happened to and with those blankets that night, and if they really did cross any drug dealers before Haleigh went missing. It seems to be between Misty, Tommy, and Ron so they need to tell all that they know about each other and what went on that night. If Misty left the house that night or had people over she needs to tell it and prove where she was, so that they can focus on whoever went into the home and took Haleigh. I personally think she's covering for Tommy because of not knowing for sure that he did anything, which he may not have. Who knows.

dodie20
02-14-2010, 01:50 AM
Am I the only person here who does not think that Ron is the perpetrator of this crime? I do not think Misty is protecting Ron in this. She may be afraid of the person/s who took Haleigh, and she may be afraid Ron would harm her if he finds out she was implicated in Haleigh's disappearance, but I do not believe she is protecting Ron because he is guilty in this! No, you're not the only one. Personally, I think he was involved, but that's just an opinion based on, (unfortunantly), very little information. In the beginning, I didn't think Misty was involved, except in a forced way. Now....I'm not quite sure what to think of her.

butterfly1978
02-14-2010, 01:58 AM
Why should they lock them up? They would have to have committed a/the crime, and I do not think they did.
I think they need to find something to arrest them for, because I believe this might just break Ron, I truly believe Ron loves his mom, and if he feels his mom and GM are in trouble because of him, this might just break him. Hell there are all kinds of stupid laws I'm sure they could find something to arrest them for, in Alabama it is illegal to walk around with an ice cream cone in your pocket, in Michigan its illegal for a wife to cut her hair without her husbands consent. Surely they can find something.

butterfly1978
02-14-2010, 02:03 AM
Am I the only person here who does not think that Ron is the perpetrator of this crime? I do not think Misty is protecting Ron in this. She may be afraid of the person/s who took Haleigh, and she may be afraid Ron would harm her if he finds out she was implicated in Haleigh's disappearance, but I do not believe she is protecting Ron because he is guilty in this!

I think that Haleigh OD'd on THEIR drugs and both have been covering every since. I think they all know whats going on, including TN and GGS, so therefore I think that they are going to have to squeeze them REALLY hard to get someone to break, because each is covering for the other one.

dodie20
02-14-2010, 02:07 AM
LE should sit down with GGS & lay out all of the drug charges & their ramifications. Explain that because the Haleigh case is so politically charged, NO judge, jury or the public will let him off easy. Make her know that he'll be sentenced to every one of those trafficking years. Let her think about it, & then offer her the chance to tell what she knows about Haleigh. Even if she wasn't involved, she's heard things & knows enough to get the ball rolling. Give her the chance to make things easier on Ron-even if that means dropping the drug charges & offering him a plea in the Haleigh case. GGS is a realist & would recognize a good deal. That might @ least put an end to the whole mess.

CarmelEyesD
02-14-2010, 03:06 AM
But didn't Ron pass his lie detector test?

butterfly1978
02-14-2010, 03:13 AM
But didn't Ron pass his lie detector test?
LE has never said if anyone had passed them. It was TN and RC that stated that he passed and also said Misty passed, but we know that is not true.

dodie20
02-14-2010, 03:25 AM
If Ron wasn't the one who 'hur't Haleigh, even his biggest defenders have to admit that he's @ least in on the cover up. That would mean jail time, so a chance @ a plea would still be a good deal.

butterfly1978
02-14-2010, 03:27 AM
If Ron wasn't the one who 'hur't Haleigh, even his biggest defenders have to admit that he's @ least in on the cover up. That would mean jail time, so a chance @ a plea would still be a good deal.

Personally, I don't think he will admit ever hurting Haleigh, he is to scared of disappointing his mom and GGS, thats why I think they should put the squeeze on them two so Ron has to decide does he care more about his rep with his mom or his mom and GGS being drug into this.

twall
02-14-2010, 06:56 AM
Here you go,

Post 154 in the Jailhouse Surveillance Video: Misty talks to Mom has the link to the article where this comment was found.

<snipped>

Detectives believe that one tip may come from the Misty, who was then Ronald's girlfriend. Misty was watching the girl that day. She told detectives she left Haleigh alone for just a few minutes inside the home. Haleigh then simply vanished.

http://www.cfnews13.com/Business/LocalBusinessHeadlines/2010/2/10/haleigh_cummings_missing_one_year.html

I took the statement to mean that Misty left Haleigh alone in a room inside the home. This would of occured when Misty got up to use the bathroom-she left the room so Haleigh was alone (I know it has been stated Jr. was in the br but I am not counting him because it was said he was asleep) in the br for a few minutes. It is a poorly written sentence but imo it does not state Misty left the home (as in going outside) and went who knows where.

Emeralgem
02-14-2010, 07:09 AM

I'm more inclined to ask WHY haven't they been locked up yet... TN and GGMS have done nothing but spew lies, misdirect and mislead investigators for a year now... Ever heard of obstruction of justice? For certain, they have proven they are guilty of that...JMO

Beatrice
02-14-2010, 08:12 AM
Misty's different personas.....

With Grandma, she's a child (I wanna go home)
With brother's, she's a teenager (I'm hungry)
With parents, she's a harden inmate (I'm okay, I can do 20 years)

Which is the real Misty?

She looked her best at the airport with Donna
On the Today Show, she slithers back to her little girl look & persona.

How to break Misty? Talk to her little girl persona.

4Jacy
02-14-2010, 11:51 AM
I think that Haleigh OD'd on THEIR drugs and both have been covering every since. I think they all know whats going on, including TN and GGS, so therefore I think that they are going to have to squeeze them REALLY hard to get someone to break, because each is covering for the other one.
I so agree. If they squeezed TN and GGM RC would cough it up.

debs
02-14-2010, 11:54 AM
I so agree. If they squeezed TN and GGM RC would cough it up.

And I would suggest that he'd let them take the fall, thinking as he did that he was his mother's biggest disappointment, that it was payback for having let him down all his life.

Our Ron is nothing if not able to bear a grudge.

4Jacy
02-14-2010, 11:54 AM
Misty's different personas.....

With Grandma, she's a child (I wanna go home)
With brother's, she's a teenager (I'm hungry)
With parents, she's a harden inmate (I'm okay, I can do 20 years)

Which is the real Misty?

She looked her best at the airport with Donna
On the Today Show, she slithers back to her little girl look & persona.

How to break Misty? Talk to her little girl persona.

How about bringing in a priest, minister; evangelicial (oh the ev should work)

passionflower
02-14-2010, 12:10 PM
Maybe put MC, RC, DB,TC in 1 room............including Nay Nay, Tn, GGS, Chad, WBG and every player we know of!
and let them all fight it out til the answer comes out!

raisincharlie
02-14-2010, 12:19 PM
Let em all try out water boarding. :)

Donjeta
02-14-2010, 12:21 PM
A lifetime pass for free drugs for the first one to tell the truth.

mkay882
02-14-2010, 01:46 PM

:snooty: Prisoners cannot be treated that way!
It's inhumane, don't 'cha know?? :dance:

Skully
02-14-2010, 02:17 PM
I think that if Misty thinks she is going to go down for all 8 counts and she is looking at 40 years in jail and they offer a deal as in the youth offender deal, like 6 yrs, she will jump at it. I think they will do this, but they are going to let her sit in there and let it all sink in before they approach her with the deal. This way she will be more than willing to talk....

CathyinTexas
02-14-2010, 02:27 PM

That is the only scenario in which I think Ron could be involved. She could have also overdosed when with Misty, according to Nay Nay and they disposed of her body :( That still would/could mean that Ron doesn't know this to be true, and that Misty is afraid of him if he finds out, if it happened that way.

CathyinTexas
02-14-2010, 02:32 PM
LE should sit down with GGS & lay out all of the drug charges & their ramifications. Explain that because the Haleigh case is so politically charged, NO judge, jury or the public will let him off easy. Make her know that he'll be sentenced to every one of those trafficking years. Let her think about it, & then offer her the chance to tell what she knows about Haleigh. Even if she wasn't involved, she's heard things & knows enough to get the ball rolling. Give her the chance to make things easier on Ron-even if that means dropping the drug charges & offering him a plea in the Haleigh case. GGS is a realist & would recognize a good deal. That might @ least put an end to the whole mess.

Do you not think that LE would have already done something like this, if there was any evidence to support it? I think it would be beyond cruel to grill his grandmother in the way you said. Just because they aren't acting like so many think they should, does not mean they are guilty of covering up a crime. They weren't there when this happened. They may have the suspicions like all of us, and probably wouldn't voice them, but I don't believe they know what happened to Haleigh.

passionflower
02-14-2010, 02:45 PM
If Ron, TN & GGS had nothing to do with this.............
on day 1 if Misty did something , anything to Haleigh.........
they would of turned her in as a druggie and not
praised her as the best gal for Ron!
AND Ron hugged and held onto Misty so tight in all the first week video...........
sorry I don't buy 'keep your enemy close'...........it is more like 'you won't be out of my sight, so you don't squeel!'

CarmelEyesD
02-14-2010, 03:04 PM
What does Misty have to gain by talking? Right now she has drug charges, but eventually will get out-whether it is 25 years or 40, or less by youthful offender/first offense. If she does know anything , and talks, it makes her either accomplice or accessory after the fact, if not complete charges. She will never get out--life in prison if not execution. I am sure she feels it is in her best interest to NEVER talk. (Unless they offer her complete immunity)..

Dr.Fessel
02-14-2010, 03:16 PM
Keep putting out all the stories about Ron being a Drug abusing violent gun totting hot head then bring in TN and GGMS for questioning. Put the blame of Ron's behavior on each of them and see what they say about the other and what evidence they come up with to prove it.

lonetraveler
02-14-2010, 03:37 PM
Do you not think that LE would have already done something like this, if there was any evidence to support it? I think it would be beyond cruel to grill his grandmother in the way you said. Just because they aren't acting like so many think they should, does not mean they are guilty of covering up a crime. They weren't there when this happened. They may have the suspicions like all of us, and probably wouldn't voice them, but I don't believe they know what happened to Haleigh.

If she is in the dark as you say then let her take a poly and clear that right up. I do think that she knows more than she makes out.

lonetraveler
02-14-2010, 03:44 PM
Put the pressure on TN, all her crying is getting nauseating...she knows and that is why she is crying all the time...all the while saying she wants to "find HaLeigh"....TN-if you are reading- I know you know...

I have a suspicion that Teresa maybe got too use to the oxycodone from using after her wreck and maybe her supply has now been cut off and she is going through some detoxing herself. Why isn't she mad as hell that Ron was dealing drugs? I think Teresa knows a lot about what happened to Haleigh and I think she knows a lot about the drug dealing that was going on. If Teresa was sitting in a cell, maybe Ron would tell the truth to get LE to go lighter on his "mom".

Donjeta
02-14-2010, 03:49 PM
I do think it's possible that the grandmothers have told LE more than they've said in public. Probably I would be a bit reluctant to discuss every dysfunction of my family on national TV as well. However, the gushing was rather excessive and unnecessary and if I was LE I'd keep my ears perked in their direction until I could be sure about their motivation to mislead.

imikant
02-14-2010, 03:53 PM
They need to tell each of them or allude to the fact that they found Haleigh. No mention of where, how, or her current condition. just...

"We found Haleigh, are you ready to talk now?"

Emma Peel
02-14-2010, 04:00 PM
Keep putting out all the stories about Ron being a Drug abusing violent gun totting hot head then bring in TN and GGMS for questioning. Put the blame of Ron's behavior on each of them and see what they say about the other and what evidence they come up with to prove it.

Dear Doctor Fessel,

I :heart: you for your dark and twisty mind.
Oh, ... and that nice thick silver mane.

dodie20
02-14-2010, 04:06 PM
Do you not think that LE would have already done something like this, if there was any evidence to support it? I think it would be beyond cruel to grill his grandmother in the way you said. Just because they aren't acting like so many think they should, does not mean they are guilty of covering up a crime. They weren't there when this happened. They may have the suspicions like all of us, and probably wouldn't voice them, but I don't believe they know what happened to Haleigh. well, their grandaughter is missing, so a little cruelty is justified. Life's not pretty, especially for Haleigh.

nurselady
02-14-2010, 04:07 PM
Emma..you never fail to crack me up..

dodie20
02-14-2010, 05:06 PM
Do you not think that LE would have already done something like this, if there was any evidence to support it? I think it would be beyond cruel to grill his grandmother in the way you said. Just because they aren't acting like so many think they should, does not mean they are guilty of covering up a crime. They weren't there when this happened. They may have the suspicions like all of us, and probably wouldn't voice them, but I don't believe they know what happened to Haleigh. Actually, I don't think grilling those 2 would be cruel at all. They should be volunteering interviews & lie detectors @ any time. GGS is not stupid & she's obviously been around the block, a time or 2. She knows the score. If LE talked to her, & she very candidly talked to Ron, she might get somewhere. No grandmother wants to see her grandson locked up for life. I think Ron is cracking up. That conversation between him & his mother, was bizarre, to say the least. I think the only reason he hasn't talked, is because he's THE MAN, & is waiting for Misty to jump 1st. When she does, you can bet that he & Teresa will have a BIG BAD MISTY counter story.

4Jacy
02-14-2010, 06:11 PM
I'm more inclined to ask WHY haven't they been locked up yet... TN and GGMS have done nothing but spew lies, misdirect and mislead investigators for a year now... Ever heard of obstruction of justice? For certain, they have proven they are guilty of that...JMO

Em, I'm in complete agreement, those two know about everything. Another thing I'd like to bring up is: the amount of money this investigation has cost the county, state, FBI, et al. And also the amount of time. And for many of these investigators a lot of heartache.

Helplessly Hoping
02-14-2010, 06:17 PM
Maybe alluded to already--I do truly try to read all posts--but I'd have LE bring out their most cogent theories and say--"hey, Tommy--we were told by so and so...that so and so ..." "hey, Misty---Ron's been telling us that you were on crystal meth, oxies...(whatever) and he believes___" I'd play them against each other for all its worth...

I'd also have LE make a public request for all family members (both sides) to come forward for a LDT...let's see who complies ;) JMO

LFlorida
02-14-2010, 06:18 PM
Disrupt their internet and cable tv access.

lol - sorry... It's about to drive me NUTZ today. freakin' comcast.

noonie
02-14-2010, 06:46 PM
Take away the cig's for Misty and no extras for either her or Ron. They both know what happened IMHO!!! Interogate all of em!!!!!!!!! Till Haleigh id found!!!!

Concerned Papa
02-14-2010, 07:31 PM
It is my opinion that the necessary ingredient for a break in this case is time. The principal players are locked up all right, but they are doing County time at present. County time is a walk in the park compared to the State time that awaits all of them without some type of intervention or deal.

County time is short time for every inmate in the facility. All are either serving out short sentences, trying to make bail, awaiting trial, or waiting to be shipped to a state diagnostic prison for processing to what will be their prison home for the term of their sentence. RC, MC, TC, HS, and DB are surrounded by short timers, like them, whose own best interests tend to make life more bearable for all. There are certainly dangerous people in some County facilities waiting, but for the most part there is normally little trouble at that stage.

Ronald Cummings almost seems to be enjoying himself to a certain degree, telling about his escapades of banging cups on the bars with his new best bud Chad, playing cards through the bars, and being his clever self in trading pieces of candy to get his pencil sharpened.

Even Misty has a new gal pal that did her hair through the cell bars according to what she told her mother. All still have considerable interaction with their families and attorneys.

Most importantly, all still have a degree of hope.

If the charges are as slam dunk as we’ve been led to believe, each day that passes brings each one of these players closer to the day where all sense of liberty and human existence as they know it will cease. State prison is like nowhere else on this earth. They will be surrounded by long timers who have created their own sub cultures within their captive society. At that point, hope for the future is nothing but a memory and hope, instead, becomes a necessary ingredient to make it through each day.

Right now, State prison is just a worst case scenario to these players. There will come a time for each one of them when it is as real as anything they have ever known. At that point, if not before, each one of them will be begging to tell whatever they know.

I know. Read this post to see why.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Attorney Client Privilege/ Alton Logan Ethical Dilemma

ladonna
02-14-2010, 07:36 PM
Wow Papa! I've always been a fan of yours, now I know why!!!

cluciano63
02-14-2010, 07:44 PM
i totally agree about prison vs. jail for this bunch. but that may be a long ways off yet. and until they are there a while and maybe decide they have some info that will at least get them some amenities or a transfer, not sure there is any incentive to do anything but the nonsense they are doing now. the thing that is scary is that no one seems to be afraid that haleigh might be found any moment...as if they know that is not possible.

i hope we are not talking about this in years to come, what happened to haleigh...but i do think it is very possible...

LFlorida
02-14-2010, 08:27 PM
0MG... I am so dang confused.

Helplessly Hoping
02-14-2010, 08:31 PM
Not good at riddles here...anyone care to state something for simple minds?

News Junkie
02-14-2010, 08:35 PM
LE needs to threaten Ron that they are going to haul in GGS and TN if he doesn’t start talking.

Emma Peel
02-14-2010, 08:37 PM
Not good at riddles here...anyone care to state something for simple minds?

What do you mean LFL & HH? Did I miss a riddle or something? :waitasec:

Emma Peel
02-14-2010, 08:40 PM
LE needs to threaten Ron that they are going to haul in GGS and TN if he doesn’t start talking.

oh, that's interesting too...
I would have to sleep on it to see if I think this idea or Doc Fessel's would be more effective. ;)
Sweet Dreams to me! :crazy:

LFlorida
02-14-2010, 08:41 PM

My brain is too fragile at the moment to even try.

Ms Suzanne
02-14-2010, 08:52 PM
Find little Haleigh alive or dead.I feel they need to do more land searches.LE,Tim Miller(Is he coming back to do more searches?)Any one and every one and look EVERYWHERE especially ALL of the mondex area.They need to go back to the mondex area.

bessie
02-14-2010, 09:05 PM
Strong stuff that hope, ain't it, Papa? After reading your post, I am even more convinced that LE should turn their backs on M&R. No bargaining, no deals, no sympathy for the devil. Go back to square one and work the clues without M&R. Let Misty know, in no uncertain terms, that she is not "the key". Strip her of that title which empowers her. If we've learned anything about those two it's that their lives are a series of one game after another. LE, and we the general public, for that matter, should not be drawn into them.

For the drug charges, due process will take its course, and meanwhile, R&M will exist alone in their hopelessness. Unlike you, Papa, who possess a healthy conscience, sadly and tragically, IMO, truth and righteousness shine so dimly within these two that it can be seen only in the deepest pitch of darkness. Until they've stumbled in it awhile, we should expect nothing from them.

With respect and honor for Haleigh, it's time to move on.

Helplessly Hoping
02-14-2010, 09:09 PM

I guess I was confused by Papa's post(s)...he cited a prior post and I don't get the equation, personally---he has a conscience re his errors, and I salute that...we all have made our own mistakes--I don't believe those involved with Haleigh's disappearance do.... hence MY confusion.
:waitasec:

Emma Peel
02-14-2010, 09:09 PM
My brain is too fragile at the moment to even try.

lol. another riddle! :crazy:

s'awright. emma's patient. like a pit bull. ;)

Emma Peel
02-14-2010, 09:14 PM
Bessie, this is a good point about stripping Misty of that "key" title. She does get off on it. Doing so might rattle her a tad...start calling an important anonymous someelse the key...a new key witness...unnamed, but critical...

Concerned Papa
02-14-2010, 09:35 PM
Is that post by Papa quoted over on Blooger news net somewhere? I copied & pasted it into my search box instead of my URL box, and got a page over there. [? IHNI Y !]

???? I'm not sure what you're asking. I certainly didn't make the post anywhere but here.

nurselady
02-14-2010, 09:52 PM
Strong stuff that hope, ain't it, Papa? After reading your post, I am even more convinced that LE should turn their backs on M&R. No bargaining, no deals, no sympathy for the devil. Go back to square one and work the clues without M&R. Let Misty know, in no uncertain terms, that she is not "the key". Strip her of that title which empowers her. If we've learned anything about those two it's that their lives are a series of one game after another. LE, and we the general public, for that matter, should not be drawn into them.

For the drug charges, due process will take its course, and meanwhile, R&M will exist alone in their hopelessness. Unlike you, Papa, who possesses a healthy conscience, sadly and tragically, IMO, truth and righteousness shine so dimly within these two that it can be seen only in the deepest pitch of darkness. Until they've stumbled in it awhile, we should expect nothing from them.

With respect and honor for Haleigh, it's time to move on.

Couldn't have said it better!!!

bessie
02-14-2010, 10:08 PM
Bessie, this is a good point about stripping Misty of that "key" title. She does get off on it. Doing so might rattle her a tad...start calling an important anonymous someelse the key...a new key witness...unnamed, but critical...
Thanks, Emma...I think. We'll just have to disagree on the bolded part. Unless there really is an anonymous someone else, it's just another game.

I stand by my post. Short of that, I like waterboarding. ;)

angeleleven
02-14-2010, 10:14 PM
OT - Geraldo is about to discuss the Haleigh case.....

newstome
02-15-2010, 03:51 AM
I also think the realities of prison will wake up Ron, Misty, and Tommy. All 3 are in for quite a rude awakening! I don't want any of them to get a deal if they talk. I want LE to get it on their own and they should have plenty of time while these 3 enjoy a whole new way of life. Only wish I could watch. Don't know how to copy and paste-See 1st thread What Ron thinks of Black People -post #379 by Tommymac 2-9-10. Amazing that I have managed to follow this case for a year and not learn much about this computer. I believe Misty is not a victim anymore, I see expressions of her's that are scary, not just those of an angry defiant teenager. Like GGS said, threatening her or yelling at her have no affect, she's not able to respond normally.

Concerned Papa, wonderful to know a bit of your past, and that you were able to move on and build a meaningful life with the support of your family and our heavenly Father.

mikeysmommom
02-15-2010, 07:22 AM

I AGREE WITH YOU 100% !!! A bad lifestyle and some very bad choices is all Ron is guilty of IMO.Misty is protecting no one but herself.I do not understand all the hatred for Ron and his family.

tehcloser
02-15-2010, 07:31 AM
I AGREE WITH YOU 100% !!! A bad lifestyle and some very bad choices is all Ron is guilty of IMO.Misty is protecting no one but herself.I do not understand all the hatred for Ron and his family.

It's not hate..........it's seeing what's right before your eyes. Does LE hate Ron? You just look where the facts take you.

Whisperer
02-15-2010, 07:45 AM
Reasons some don't like RC.

Maybe because rc lies, outright lies. When he isn't lying, he is talking out of both sides of his mouth.

Maybe because he resisted (LE's words) coming in to talk about the case. Maybe because he hired a Criminal Defense Attorney. Maybe because he protected misty and married her and still didn't ever waiver from her side as far as the case goes. His mother went along with everything he said even when he was double talking.

His family all protected her. Why?

SoSueMe
02-15-2010, 09:12 AM
IMO, they are going to have to turn Misty against Ron. I think I might play up the phone calls to the girlfriend and it's going to take more than what they have right now. The new girlfriend is offering him money, Ron wants pictures of her and her children, etc. IMO, Misty is still a teenage girl in love with this gun toting bad boy. She's also the jealous type, as evidenced by her post to Amber about getting her man. This new girlfriend (AD) also sounds like she is the type that likes bad boys, so would be a true rival to Misty in every sense of the word.

I think LE might already be trying this tactic if they've played her tapes of Ron saying he was only involved with the drug trafficking to get Misty to talk, blah, blah. Ah, but Misty knows this was pre-arranged with Ron, that he would be saying this to LE and the public.

IMO, Misty has to feel scorned, because truly, hell hath no fury...

Emma Peel
02-15-2010, 10:01 AM
Thanks, Emma...I think. We'll just have to disagree on the bolded part. Unless there really is an anonymous someone else, it's just another game.

I stand by my post. Short of that, I like waterboarding. ;)

I still agree with your post! :)

I just look at the fact that these two (Ron & Misty) are grifters and narcissistic sociopaths (that's not name calling - see NG experts' opinions). What they know how to do is play games. What they do not know how to do is to live in the world of truth. They are directors of their own movies, change the script to suit their needs.

LE just has to be better at these games than they are. Until then, Ron & Misty have all the cards and are holding.

These two will never take responsibility willingly. Nor are they are not motivated to do so, given that the punishment for drug charges are so harsh. The consequences of telling the truth about Haleigh needs to be less than the consequences of not telling. The lover/family member has to become the threat, not the partner in crime.

The fact that no one is talking means this motley crew is somehow convinced that the consequences of telling the truth about Haleigh would be worse than doing the time for trafficking.

Either that or the lawyers are still negotiating something...

I'm still working on why Tommy's not talking ... I think it means he's up to his ears (no pun intended) in this thing himself.

IMO, LE's best new card in this game is the controlled environment. If they can push Ron & Misty's "movie making" in the direction of the truth by lying an deceiving them, I say "all's fair in love & war".

cluciano63
02-15-2010, 11:15 AM
These two will never take responsibility willingly. Nor are they are not motivated to do so, given that the punishment for drug charges are so harsh. The consequences of telling the truth about Haleigh needs to be less than the consequences of not telling. The lover/family member has to become the threat, not the partner in crime.

very true...and as i have said before, they do not seem to have any fear of being discovered which does not bode well for LE finding Haleigh without their help...I don't think they (MC, etc) are in the loop about crimes without bodies being prosecuted all the time...they are convinced that if she is not found, they won't be charged. It reminds me of when i was a child and thought that if i closed my eyes, no one could see me...

Kimster
02-15-2010, 12:02 PM
Talking about who likes who leads to this problem: ***Important notice to posters in Haleigh's forum*** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Knock it off!

Posts that state that "LE considers RC a suspect because....." are fine. Stop using words about who likes who because eventually that leads to bashing.

Dion
02-15-2010, 02:26 PM
Just as it's been helpful seeing the interaction of M and R with family members on video/recordings, I think it would be useful to get more of their "friends" that they used to hang out with, interviewed on shows such as Levi's.

As with the interview with CJ, it paints a picture that we would otherwise not have, such as when he said how M used him to pick her up and when he was waiting for her to use the bathroom, she escaped by jumping out the window to rendezvous with Ron. That's weird behaviour, even for her!

I realize these friends are not lily white themselves. If they hang around with M & R they are probably into all sorts of things as well, however, they are the ones who could maybe provide patterns of behaviour or recall past incidents that may be helpful in providing information. They might not even know they have anything of interest to tell, but a snippet here and there, adds up.

For example, I'm wondering if M ever sold her body for drugs. Was the MH ever used to deal drugs? Did anyone ever see R mistreat or neglect Haleigh? That type of thing.

Where normally people would keep quiet, so as not to incriminate themselves, and would not want to subject themselves to a grilling by a NG-type person, a low key call-in show might offer a more comfortable environment.

Now that these folks are behind bars, it might encourage more of their peers to come forward and tell what they know, however innocuous it might seem.

Mysterylover
02-15-2010, 03:04 PM
I think that Haleigh OD'd on THEIR drugs and both have been covering every since.
I think they all know whats going on, including TN and GGS, so therefore I think that they are going to have to squeeze them REALLY hard to get someone to break, because each is covering for the other one.

butterfly, good points!

grandma's over around 7:00, 'supposely' bringing cloths when M. is washing cloths.
It's my opinion they came over for other reasons that evening.

Yet the grandma's didn't baby sit, when they knew M. had made plans to babysit elsewhere.

Those 20 phone calls R. made to M,

the scratched van,
the missing blanket

3 different dogs hitting on the dumpster ....

pistol found in a ditch
boat house burned down

I can't believe this was all 'coincidence'.

So it leads me to suspect atleast 4 knows what happened to this child.

Dion
02-15-2010, 03:53 PM
butterfly, good points!

grandma's over around 7:00, 'supposely' bringing cloths when M. is washing cloths.
It's my opinion they came over for other reasons that evening.

Yet the grandma's didn't baby sit, when they knew M. had made plans to babysit elsewhere.

Those 20 phone calls R. made to M,

the scratched van,
the missing blanket

3 different dogs hitting on the dumpster ....

pistol found in a ditch
boat house burned down

I can't believe this was all 'coincidence'.

So it leads me to suspect atleast 4 knows what happened to this child.

So possibly a body could have been placed in the dumpster wrapped in a blanket, and then later retrieved by van?

This would explain the scent, but I can't see this happening, as it would require 2 trips to the dumpster and if a body had to be hidden for a period of time (ie to get it out of the house, while plans were made, it would be easier to hide (and retrieve) in brush somewhere where there would be less likelihood of being seen. If hidden in brush, then it could explain the scratches to the van.

Could the blanket or something else (clothes or an object of some kind) have been thrown in the dumpster and then as an afterthought retrieved".

From what I've seen of Florida terrain, there could be so many places to conceal a body, and if transportation was available, then chances are it would not be anywhere near the crime scene.

ps. I don't like referring to Haleigh as "a body" but this is all speculation.

dodie20
02-15-2010, 04:09 PM
I think LE needs to get in their heads & strip these two of their celebrity and entitlement status. Make them realize how heinous and horrible killing a child is. Let them know that the fun and games are over and that most people are grossed out, creeped out, & bewildered by them. Also, inform them of some of the more farfetched theories that are out there-everything from feeding Haleigh to alligators to having her cremated. In other words, bring them down to reality & strip away their cool factor. Because they do think they're cool & they think people see them as admirable for not snitching.

Beatrice
02-15-2010, 04:10 PM
Celexa? I would have left her in the depths of despair.

Misty won't talk because she is directly involved. IMO
She's in a no-win situation.
Drug charges or homocide/kidnapping charges.............

Daisy47
02-15-2010, 04:32 PM
IMO, they are going to have to turn Misty against Ron. I think I might play up the phone calls to the girlfriend and it's going to take more than what they have right now. The new girlfriend is offering him money, Ron wants pictures of her and her children, etc. IMO, Misty is still a teenage girl in love with this gun toting bad boy. She's also the jealous type, as evidenced by her post to Amber about getting her man. This new girlfriend (AD) also sounds like she is the type that likes bad boys, so would be a true rival to Misty in every sense of the word.

I think LE might already be trying this tactic if they've played her tapes of Ron saying he was only involved with the drug trafficking to get Misty to talk, blah, blah. Ah, but Misty knows this was pre-arranged with Ron, that he would be saying this to LE and the public.

IMO, Misty has to feel scorned, because truly, hell hath no fury...

I completely agree with your train of thought here, Sue. Like you said though, they’re gonna’ need a lot more than what we heard on the phone call with AD before Misty breaks.
I fell in "love" at the age of 12 (yes TWELVE yrs old :loser:) with a "bad boy," my next door neighbor. My parents were very strict and I was considered a "goodie two shoes" by my peers @ the time we moved next door. It was to his advantage that we'd moved from out of state and I didn't know anyone. Before I had a chance to meet people and make other friends (school was out at the time), I was completely and utterly devoted to him. I did whatever, whenever and wherever he asked. To h3ll with my loving parents and my younger sisters (to whom I needed to be a good role model), to h3ll with my values, to h3ll with everyone and everything but HIM. My poor parents....I'll never forgive myself for what I put them through during those years. New neighbor boy was already BAD TO THE BONE (his older brothers are to thank for that) at just 13 yrs old. To say his father was politically connected would be an understatement.....he was the chief of police in the major city that we lived on the outskirts of. He got his boys out of everything, and trust me, they did some BAD bad bad things...

Ok, I had to cut myself off up there (and dang it was hard to do - lol)! Sorry 'bout that. I could go on and on and on about the similarities (of which I am not at all proud) from that time of my life and the players in this case, but I promise I'll try not to! It's just that ever since we began sleuthing what happened to sweet HaLeigh, memories and feelings from my childhood, (12 yo to 20 yo to be exact) to which I have given almost no thought in 30 years, have resurfaced again as I desperately try to understand the players in this case. Falling for the aforementioned "bad boy" led me to become a part of a crowd very much like RC and Co. Our drugs of choice being the only real difference. I don't think we had hydrocodone or oxycodone or meth in those days. Valiums, THC, and qualudes (sp?) were my thing. Okay, again I digressed, so FINALLY….my original point SoSueMe (luv the name) is this. I believe RC will easily persuade MC that the carp he's talkin' to this girl on the phone is somehow to benefit her (Misty). i.e.: “Misty baby, u know I gots to be playin’ that ho like this so I can score some dough for you baby, so you’re not starvin’ up in here. It’s all for you. Dam* baby, u ever think about how hard this is on ME? You should be thankin me for havin ta spend MY time on phone rappin with this chick, and here you is gettin all pizzed and chit. No more talk about her, ya hear me baby? Don't even let dat ho enter ur mind no more. Dam baby, I been gettin sick to my dam stomach every day baby, just missin you so bad. Can't ya feel it baby? Ya gots ta feel it…u gots to know that me and you, we got sumpin’ special, baby. Ain’t nobody ever gonna separate us, no matter how hard they try. We in this together forever, there’s no one else for me, baby, and you know can’t nobody take care of you the way I do, baby. etc etc etc.” I've no doubt that he could convince MC the moon is made of cheese if he tried! She's young, in love, and most importantly, needs/wants to believe everything RC tells her. He's a control freak and a con man (IMO), making young girls the perfect targets for his cunning ways. IMHO, your suggestion quoted above IS what will ultimately lead us to know what happened to sweet and lively HaLeigh. But it's going to take MC becoming absolutely furious with Ron (and willing to lose him forever) before she will "break." Hopefully, LE will come up with something on RC that gets her to that boiling point, and SOON.:praying:

ETA: Geez.....such RAMBLING! I'm embarrassed now. :blushing:

dodie20
02-15-2010, 05:25 PM
& from your own life experiences, I bet you can relate to these people. I know I can. Being young, dumb, invincible, can't see further ahead than tomorrow...I also understand people, even adults, covering up & not snitching. just scared of the ramifications-even small ones, like having a family member mad @ them. Problems have a way of looking larger than they are, & then all of the lies build up & make it hard to turn back. Somebody in this case needs to realize this & say, 'enough is enough', & get back to the simple truth. Because whatever happened, I do think it's simple, but has become so convuluted because of the fighting, the cover-up, & most of all, the lies.

Beatrice
02-15-2010, 06:08 PM
What do you think could be done to break this case?

Tell Misty & Tommy that Ron and others have been released.

dodie20
02-15-2010, 08:19 PM

Tell Misty & Tommy that Ron and others have been released. or they could tell Misty & Tommy that Ron's drug tapes are 'messed up' or broken & that he passed a new lie detector with flying colors & is probably gonna be released. & then turn around & tell Ron the same thing about Misty.

dodie20
02-15-2010, 08:32 PM
& speaking of lie detectors, the only sources I remember claiming that Ron had passed, are Nancy Grace & Ron, himself-but he also claimed that Misty passed. Did Grace have this confirmed, (besides by his mother), because she seems confidant. I don't know much about those things, but I would guess that certain drugs or a lot of drugs could alter the resilts. Now that they are all supposedly drug free, I'd like to see them retested. Tommy claims he wants to take one, & has even offered to pay, but his wife can barely scrape enough money together for gas, so I'm not believing him. big talk.

Bobbisangel
02-15-2010, 10:43 PM
I think the only people who haven't been accused of having something to do with Haleigh's disappearance is Misty's mom and dad. Everyone else in both families have been accused up to this date. I doubt if all of them are involved in her disappearance but people are just pointing fingers at everyone and anyone.

It could be that no one in jail had anything to do with Haleigh's missing. We don't know. Misty might know something that she doesn't know that she knows if she was really messed up that night. Maybe she is telling the truth and she doesn't know anything. Ron was at work and LE have cleared him but some people still are determined he was involved. I would think LE knows more then we do about this case.

I don't think anyone is going to talk. Lying to them won't work because it will come out on tapes when they talk to relatives and the relatives listen to Nancy. I don't think even Misty sounds so desperate to get out of jail now. They all seem to be adjusting ok. Sounds like Misty's mom and dad both have court dates here soon and might also end up in jail.

dodie20
02-15-2010, 11:18 PM
Cops lie all of the time & it DOES work. All they have to say is 'your buddy just told us everything, & he said you did it'. That's usually enough to get the ball rolling. As for visitation... they don't get it every day, so LE could just plant their stories in the days before. & they could say the phone was out of order. Also, they could use another inmate to start a rumor-just put a little bug in his ear. word would get back.

Baxter
02-16-2010, 01:05 AM
& speaking of lie detectors, the only sources I remember claiming that Ron had passed, are Nancy Grace & Ron, himself-but he also claimed that Misty passed. Did Grace have this confirmed, (besides by his mother), because she seems confidant. I don't know much about those things, but I would guess that certain drugs or a lot of drugs could alter the resilts. Now that they are all supposedly drug free, I'd like to see them retested. Tommy claims he wants to take one, & has even offered to pay, but his wife can barely scrape enough money together for gas, so I'm not believing him. big talk.

No, Nancy just took Ronald's word for it. LE would not confirm any results, NG is no exception. You have to remember, she has a soft spot for RC and he can do no wrong.

cluciano63
02-16-2010, 01:17 AM
No, Nancy just took Ronald's word for it. LE would not confirm any results, NG is no exception. You have to remember, she has a soft spot for RC and he can do no wrong.

as much as i dislike NG, i do think she just strings RC along in to order to be able to get him on the show...she needs to keep him thinking she believes him...but i could be wrong...

Natal
02-16-2010, 03:38 AM
Didn't the Bush administration determine that waterboarding is an acceptable interogation technique? Perhaps they could try that since nothing else appears to be generating the desired results.

Natal
02-16-2010, 03:46 AM
as much as i dislike NG, i do think she just strings RC along in to order to be able to get him on the show...she needs to keep him thinking she believes him...but i could be wrong...

No, on one of her shows after he was arrested she pretty much confessed that she had a soft spot for him even though he got busted. I don't think she is being objective in this case, she is pro-Ron and anti-Misty. But, I do think that her faith in him has been shaken a little as a result of the drug bust.

kaRN
02-16-2010, 05:40 AM
I'm wondering if it might be possible to create legislation, that could be used to send Misty and Ron away for life without a body or significant evidence of foul play.
They haven't been named as POI and they'll both be safely tucked away in jail while the bill passes.
Show them a draft of the proposed legislation now though and hold that over them as a threat.
I think population might be in order too. They want it so bad, give it to em. Later when they're begging for protection, make talking a requirement.

yosande
02-16-2010, 05:50 AM
I think what should be done is to go back to the beginning, and look at the info that comes out right before a new flood of disinformation comes out. I think the focus in another direction that only brings confusion into the case should be listed across from what came out right before. That infomation perhaps only mentioned once and then hidden under the mountain of mud could lead to what really happened to HaLeigh, and who the responsible peeps who knew what happened and covered it up, and also the one/s directly involved.
But that would take a lot of work.
I'm willing to give it a go, and have been spending some time in the parking lot.
moo

Muffet
02-16-2010, 06:03 AM
-snip for space-

Ron was at work and LE have cleared him but some people still are determined he was involved. I would think LE knows more then we do about this case.

[...]
Some are still determined because the red part simply isn't true; LE has never said Ron was cleared, and even Ron's own lawyer admits he hasn't been.

I agree that LE knows more than we do about the case.

The green part is still unknown by us, and presumably, even to LE, judging by Ron's lawyer's comment that one reason they have not cleared Ron is that LE "wasn't with him" every minute of that night.

Even if he was at work, it doesn't mean he wasn't involved in the coverup or even the actual incident.

Peliman
02-23-2010, 03:35 PM
Crickets

lone, it's so silent out here on this subject I hear crickets~

Beatrice
02-23-2010, 03:40 PM
IMO....Take away EVERYTHING and they will be screaming for attention.

LoveEndsWar
02-23-2010, 03:43 PM
I say put them all in a room alone no LE and record them. Or 2 at a time. They don't seem to want to talk to LE about anything, so see if they will talk to each other.

athy
02-23-2010, 07:31 PM
put misty in the cell next to casey and bug the cells. they both like to talk...just not to LE. they would start talking and trying to out do each other and i bet a lot would come out.

LFlorida
03-01-2010, 10:57 PM
Like our dear local member told us long ago...

Follow the money.

Thx, dude. Cripes, can't believe I didn't see that a year ago, but you were right.... kind of.
;)

butterfly1978
03-01-2010, 11:01 PM

Follow the money.

Thx, dude. Cripes, can't believe I didn't see that a year ago, but you were right.... kind of.
;)

Fill me in... Follow what money? they are all broke, dispensing tax refund like it is life saving medication, so what money are you talking about?

doobiedoo52
03-01-2010, 11:28 PM
I think she means who has made the money from Haleigh being missing. JMO

Whisperer
03-02-2010, 12:08 AM
I think alcohol would work too but these two are not talking because they are able to hide behind their defense attorneys. Trust me, LE can't question them if an attorney is not present so there isn't much interrogation taking place. Each may have been offered a possible deal for information but they aren't taking the bait.

Get them drunk on one of the phone calls...that would work as well as any sodium pentothal. I am afraid we are not going to learn anything about Haleigh from these two for quite awhile if they can't be isolated. Apparently, they can't be. We are left with a mess. It took LE almost ten years to get enough evidence on Chandra Levy's killer and he sat in jail the entire time. He bragged to an inmate first week but since inmates are not considered credible, it went nowhere.

I think rc would rather sit in prison and be a big time drug dealer than be out in public and scrutinized. Misty will adjust if she doesn't go psychotic. She has meds to keep her happy and make her sleep. She gets worked up when she sees family but otherwise she is probably a little jail peep and talking to people every chance she can. Eventually, she may slip and say something but for now she has delusions of rc and her being star-crossed lovers.

Skully
03-02-2010, 07:44 AM
Keep the phone cards full and make sure Hank Sr has gas money to go visit Misty. I think people should send him gas cards.

Emeralgem
03-02-2010, 08:27 AM
Keep the phone cards full and make sure Hank Sr has gas money to go visit Misty. I think people should send him gas cards.

I respectfully disagree..Misty needs to be totally ignored.. Seems she thrives on the attention and takes pride she has been able to mislead LE..As I see it, she has not only disgraced Haleigh's memory, but she has intentionally derailed this investigation and dumped more pain on to those who are truly grieving having lost Haleigh, and I'm not referring to any of the Cummings Clan either.... IF she is not willing to tell what she knows....It's useless to plead and pamper someone who doesn't have a conscience...Let her rot in jail..JMO

SoSueMe
03-02-2010, 08:44 AM
Misty's family needs to start coming down on her hard. Treating her like she's some misunderstood, mistreated princess isn't getting them anywhere. They are her lifeline, so start demanding she give answers or cut her off. This cajoling cr@p isn't working.

SoSueMe
03-02-2010, 08:48 AM
As for LE in this case, this case is now over a year old. Your silence is admirable, but it hasn't helped solve this case thus far. You have nothing to lose, so start leaking your suspicions and put the pressure where it belongs.

~OMO~

LFlorida
03-02-2010, 09:10 AM
Fill me in... Follow what money? they are all broke, dispensing tax refund like it is life saving medication, so what money are you talking about?

I think she means who has made the money from Haleigh being missing. JMO

Nope.

elle1919
03-02-2010, 09:25 AM
More of the same but harder. JMO

Skully
03-02-2010, 11:53 AM
I respectfully disagree..Misty needs to be totally ignored.. Seems she thrives on the attention and takes pride she has been able to mislead LE..As I see it, she has not only disgraced Haleigh's memory, but she has intentionally derailed this investigation and dumped more pain on to those who are truly grieving having lost Haleigh, and I'm not referring to any of the Cummings Clan either.... IF she is not willing to tell what she knows....It's useless to plead and pamper someone who doesn't have a conscience...Let her rot in jail..JMO

Who said I was talking about Misty? LOL it's Hank that keeps stepping on it and then saying "never mind, never mind, never mind". Did you catch the bit about Ron? "do you think Ron will do a lot of time? Just the drugs....never mind". (paraphrasing here)

Wise Old Owl
03-02-2010, 12:00 PM
ITA

I think LE should cut off all communications with MC - no visits, no phone calls, nothing (can LE do that?)

IMO MC is somehwat involved but did not "do the deed" - nope but she is immature, ignorant and uneducated to the point where the cunning cummings could brow beat her into complete and total fear (ie - "you'll (MC) will go down for this because of thus and so, remember you did nothing (or did do this and that) to help"). Her parents aren't that intelligent enough to get through to her about being forthcoming and the legalities of such.

Does that make any sense?

Skully
03-02-2010, 12:05 PM
I don't think LE is going to protect her from herself and family. I think that is why she has a attorney.....

thelmadawg
03-02-2010, 12:16 PM
Doubt there will be anything coming from MC as long as she feels

- somebody will bail her out for the information she has (or says she has, her ace in the hole)
- she finally understands she's in for a long, long time
- they further reduce her food intake (just kidding)

Maryann123
03-02-2010, 01:29 PM
If I were LE I'd bring Misty and her attorney into a room, and tell her she is getting one last chance to tell the truth about what happened that night. I'd tell her all drug charges would be dropped in return for this information. I'd give her a week to spill her guts, and if that doesn't happen, she can forget any deal regarding the drugs. Then I would tell her if what happened that night was not directly related to her, I'd give her the least amount of time possible for charges such as, withholding information, lying under oath, etc. After one week, if she isn't willing to talk, I would tell her the DA is going to seek the maximum sentence. I'd tell her to go sit in her cell for the next 6 days and imagine herself being in that same position 20 or more years from now. I'd explain how State Prison differs from county jail, and I'd tell her to give this some serious thought. I'd tell her if someone talks before she does, or Haleigh's body is found,all deals are off and she can buy 20 years worth of stationary, cause she's gonna need it!

ilovemew
03-03-2010, 01:25 AM

Follow the money.

;)

do you mean the money Ron was desperatly trying to get together before Feb. 9th? Or the money he supposedly robbed from someone at gunpoint? Do fill us in our dear LF!

LFlorida
03-03-2010, 07:14 AM
do you mean the money Ron was desperatly trying to get together before Feb. 9th? Or the money he supposedly robbed from someone at gunpoint? Do fill us in our dear LF!

I'm just saying that people rely on debit and credit cards so much now that

following the banking transactions,
pulling the sales info from stores close to Satsuma, PDM, and Lady Lake
viewing the store/gas station surveillance vids

will help put together that little piece of the timeline that LE is missing.

Yes, this is investigation 101, but LE had to have probable cause to get search warrants and subpoena financial records of certain persons around the case if those persons did not willingly hand them over.

NOTE - GREAT NEWS IN JAX MISSING INFANT CASE!

debs
03-03-2010, 07:21 AM

Yes, this is investigation 101, but LE had to have probable cause to get search warrants and subpoena financial records of certain persons around the case if those persons did not willingly hand them over.

There is no way this information can be known to the public until LE releases it, and since they're keeping Haleigh's case a tight-to-the-vest investigation, it will only be when charges are made that we'll find out whether they have anything on this at all.

doobiedoo52
03-03-2010, 08:50 AM
As to following the money, it WOULD be nice to know just when TN moved into her luxury digs in Lady Lake. Was she already there when Haleigh went missing? And yet she puts "the shared address" on the official report. And didn't her boyfriend get prosecuted for writing a bad check that same day? If LE knew nothing about the luxury address, could Haleigh have been hidden there for awhile?

LFlorida
03-03-2010, 07:17 PM
There is no way this information can be known to the public until LE releases it, and since they're keeping Haleigh's case a tight-to-the-vest investigation, it will only be when charges are made that we'll find out whether they have anything on this at all.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean us. I meant what I think LE can do to break this case. [Really, I'm sorry, I'm having a major problem with communicating accurately lately.]

pittsburghgirl
03-03-2010, 07:39 PM
To answer the original question: Keep the principals and their hangers-on in jail. Then do what Marc Klaas said the other night on NG: investigate Misty's drug bender weekend. I would also add: find out who was in the trailer that day, starting at noon. Were any of Misty's weekend buddies there? Her brothers? Cousin Joe? Can a "last seen" time be established for Haleigh? It's still about the investigation. My guess is that they have a key to the puzzle and may not know it.

ThommyMac
03-03-2010, 09:02 PM
After your pre-trial conference is over, charges are cut in stone and the plea bargain process begins in earnest. For your humble narrator, THAT was the moment reality really sunk in. In a scary pantomime of the bidding process, the numbers start on the high end. Granted that most 18 years olds do not have the best grasp of time, (I was 38), the weight of the numbers tossed around should be a cold splash for her. When she hears figures equal to her entire life so far and another two years on top, maybe the concrete nature of her problems will finally be felt. It seems pretty clear that appealing to the better nature(s) of the cast of characters is going nowhere.

TxLady2
03-03-2010, 11:15 PM
I'm sorry, I didn't mean us. I meant what I think LE can do to break this case. [Really, I'm sorry, I'm having a major problem with communicating accurately lately.]

Nothing wrong with your communication skills, LF. I was under the impression that's what this thread is about... what LE can do to break the case.... not what WE can do.

Last I heard they were not sure what crime was committed. They can't say for certain whether she is alive or dead. Without a body, they have to have some other evidence to prove what happened. If they had been able to find Haleigh within the first days or weeks, then it would have been simpler. As it is, how are they going to charge somebody when they can't even determine if she is dead, or how she died?

I keep thinking about Misty saying she would tell Cobra (I think it was him) something and it would make the cops look stupid. Imagine how that would look if they charged someone with murder and a short time later Haleigh turned up alive.

I would say that the best thing that could speed it up, is to find Haleigh.

Bobbisangel
03-05-2010, 08:02 AM
It's not hate..........it's seeing what's right before your eyes. Does LE hate Ron? You just look where the facts take you.

What makes you think that LE hate Ron? They have said loud and clear that he is not a suspect...that he has been cleared...he was at work all late afternoon and night. He was seen on video at work from what I understand. What facts?

I think people dislike Ron because he is rough around the edges. He isn't grieving the way a lot of people think he should and he wasn't out night and day looking for Haleigh...although we really don't know what he was doing or how he grieved when not on video or around people.

Ron has made some bad choices in his life and he is paying for those now. If drugs had anything to do with Haleigh being taken then Ron will have to live with that for the rest of his life. All in all, I don't think he is any worse then a lot of young people who have gone down the wrong road. I don't believe for a minute that he had anything to do with Haleigh missing. If LE don't believe he did then who am I to think that he did. LE know a lot more then we do about this whole case and they say Ron is not a suspect.

lil momma
03-05-2010, 09:36 AM
i think that LE has everyone right where they want them, for now. I think LE has been playing "word" games with everyone. IMO, it is very telling that Misty has never been a POI, but THE KEY.

I think if LE let them dry out a little longer, apply some preasure by turning them all against each other, since they can't talk to one another anyways, i think the truth might come out. They should tell Ron that Misty confessed and is blaming him, and let him stew on that a bit, and they should tell Misty that Ron confessed and is blaming her, then let them sit in seperate interrogation rooms. While LE sits and watches them on video. JMO

LoveEndsWar
03-05-2010, 10:40 AM
What makes you think that LE hate Ron? They have said loud and clear that he is not a suspect...that he has been cleared...he was at work all late afternoon and night. He was seen on video at work from what I understand. What facts?

I think people dislike Ron because he is rough around the edges. He isn't grieving the way a lot of people think he should and he wasn't out night and day looking for Haleigh...although we really don't know what he was doing or how he grieved when not on video or around people.

Ron has made some bad choices in his life and he is paying for those now. If drugs had anything to do with Haleigh being taken then Ron will have to live with that for the rest of his life. All in all, I don't think he is any worse then a lot of young people who have gone down the wrong road. I don't believe for a minute that he had anything to do with Haleigh missing. If LE don't believe he did then who am I to think that he did. LE know a lot more then we do about this whole case and they say Ron is not a suspect.
He is at the bottom of the list but on the list nonetheless. Just sayin.

Emeralgem
03-05-2010, 11:35 AM
He is at the bottom of the list but on the list nonetheless. Just sayin.

But thats according to Shoemaker..Personally I suspect he is at the top of the list since he has NOT been cleared by LE...JMO

Skully
03-05-2010, 11:45 AM
But thats according to Shoemaker..Personally I suspect he is at the top of the list since he has NOT been cleared by LE...JMO

Personally, I would like to know how long this list is? If it has two names on it, well, being at the bottom doesn't mean much. LOL

debs
03-05-2010, 12:39 PM

LE has stated that "At this time, Ron Cummings is not a suspect..." which isn't a free pass. His lawyer makes the statement that he's moved from the top of the list (when LE was stating at this time...) to the bottom of the list.....but he's on the list. I'm sure I'll bore you with the intricate nature of semantics so I'll suffice to say that Ron Cummings is indeed suspect in the disappearance of his child.

Further, where is this video from work? Who said he was seen on that video? I don't believe anyone contends that at some point, RC was at his place of employment. What is heavily contested is the length of time he was there, when he arrived, and when he left, or if he left, and came back, and left again.

I think people dislike Ron because he is rough around the edges. He isn't grieving the way a lot of people think he should and he wasn't out night and day looking for Haleigh...although we really don't know what he was doing or how he grieved when not on video or around people.It would be shallow indeed to dislike him for his roughness. But it is not shallow to believe that a man who gets tattoos, engaged, married, and travels to NYC for an interview where he offers no information at all, who supported the "key" to the investigation and her statements, who says he never questioned her about what happened because "he was at work".....well, I beg to differ about why you assume people dislike RC. For myself, I don't dislike him at all. I find him reprehensible, but I don't have to like or dislike him.

Ron has made some bad choices in his life and he is paying for those now. If drugs had anything to do with Haleigh being taken then Ron will have to live with that for the rest of his life. All in all, I don't think he is any worse then a lot of young people who have gone down the wrong road. I don't believe for a minute that he had anything to do with Haleigh missing. If LE don't believe he did then who am I to think that he did. LE know a lot more then we do about this whole case and they say Ron is not a suspect.All of the choices he made in those few days leading up to Haleigh's disappearance are not merely bad.........they were catastrophic. From chasing Misty all weekend to allowing her back into his home to watch his children......catastrophic, and most likely fatal choices. I'm sure he'll live with that all his life, but it's of no concern to me, for as he says "Only God Can Judge Me" and I agree with him wholeheartedly there.

Those choices, though, are directly related to Haleigh missing. For months, he and his mother excused Misty's extreme tiredness as a result of them being up all night, when the truth of it was she was up for at least 3 nights prior, partying like a rock star. To minimize that......I'll spare you my notion of just how reprehensible that is.

Maryann123
03-05-2010, 01:25 PM
From ClickOrlando.com on March 4th, 2009

When police were asked about those concerns, they said that no one is a suspect and no one has been ruled out in the disappearance of Haleigh, who vanished from her home in the middle of the night more than three weeks ago.

http://www.artharris.com/2010/02/03/exclusive-sheriff-jeff-hardy-talks-misty-is-key-but-no-one-ruled-out-in-haleigh-cummings-case/

Posted Feb 3, 2010

But Hardy warned against “tunnel vision,” and said no one has been ruled out in the massive effort to find Haleigh Cummings or learn what happened to her, in our wide-ranging 30 minute interview. “Everyone keeps saying, ‘Misty, Misty,’ but we’re not just focusing on the one person who is being reported on,” he told me.

Maryann123
03-05-2010, 01:33 PM
I forgot to add that this was posted on the 3rd of Feb. 2010, but the interview took place on the Wednesday prior to that.

In an exclusive interview with The Bald Truth Wednesday, Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy said............
It doesn't sound like the sheriff is convinced Misty is "the one" but she could still hold the key without being "the one." If that makes sense.

Beatrice
03-05-2010, 02:52 PM
What Do You Think Will Break This Case?

Keep Misty thinking she will be bonded out
and living a life of freedom if she talks.

elle1919
03-05-2010, 03:53 PM
pressure on Chelsea and Timmy Croslin....I was reminded today of the fight with L Brooks and Chelsea C....

here: http://www.putnam-fl.com/clk_apps/crim_dkts/frame.php

UCN: 542008MM003941XXAXMX
File Date: 2008-10-06 Judge: PETER T MILLER
Defense Atty:

Defendant
CROSLIN, CHELSEA
Alias

Date # Docket Description
2008-10-06 1 COMPLAINT FILED: PCSO/ 09-25-08
2008-10-06 1 BOOKING NUMBER: N/A
2008-10-06 1 BATTERY/ LISA BROOKS
2009-04-30 2 ANNOUNCEMENT OF NO INFORMATION TO CT I - BATTERY
2009-05-07 3 COPY OF NO INFORMATION RETURENED UNEXECUTED

SOMEONE trying to protect Misty again or maybe it isn't Misty she has been protecting all year. JMO

Baznme
03-06-2010, 07:57 AM
Christmas Day still has me bugged as to where RC was that he went to talk to Haleigh. Where was he? Did anyone see him? Does LE know where he went? Of all the holidays of the year, that day in particular seemed very important to Haleigh. Of course, it is to most children.

In the video footage we've seen, she seemed happy with whatever gift she received. If they could pinpoint where he went on that day, I think it may yield some clues as to where she is.

Baznme
03-06-2010, 08:00 AM
pressure on Chelsea and Timmy Croslin....I was reminded today of the fight with L Brooks and Chelsea C....

here: http://www.putnam-fl.com/clk_apps/crim_dkts/frame.php

UCN: 542008MM003941XXAXMX
File Date: 2008-10-06 Judge: PETER T MILLER
Defense Atty:

Defendant
CROSLIN, CHELSEA
Alias

Date # Docket Description
2008-10-06 1 COMPLAINT FILED: PCSO/ 09-25-08
2008-10-06 1 BOOKING NUMBER: N/A
2008-10-06 1 BATTERY/ LISA BROOKS
2009-04-30 2 ANNOUNCEMENT OF NO INFORMATION TO CT I - BATTERY
2009-05-07 3 COPY OF NO INFORMATION RETURENED UNEXECUTED

SOMEONE trying to protect Misty again or maybe it isn't Misty she has been protecting all year. JMO

I am not seeing how this ties to MC. It was before RC knew MC. Am I missing something?

Emeralgem
03-06-2010, 08:10 AM
I am not seeing how this ties to MC. It was before RC knew MC. Am I missing something?

If I'm not mistaken RC and MC did know each other at that time.. Perhaps they had just recently met and were not yet living together, but they did know each other.....JMO

MADJGNLAW
03-06-2010, 08:55 AM
Christmas Day still has me bugged as to where RC was that he went to talk to Haleigh. Where was he? Did anyone see him? Does LE know where he went? Of all the holidays of the year, that day in particular seemed very important to Haleigh. Of course, it is to most children.

In the video footage we've seen, she seemed happy with whatever gift she received. If they could pinpoint where he went on that day, I think it may yield some clues as to where she is.

Where ever he went I pray that LE followed him that day...

It bugs me as well as the fact that TN had to make a statement about. Why did she have to make the statement that he had to go off alone?
At first I thought, well maybe he did go visit where Haleigh may be. But Ron knowing he was being watched was more concerned about what people would say if he was with Misty. IMO, he just wanted to spend the day with Misty and didn't want the media/public to know about it. All about his appearance and TN there as always to make people perceive Ronald for someone he is not. But that is JMO.

SoSueMe
03-06-2010, 10:01 AM
It could be that the drug busts are the best LE can do on this case. I hope not, I really hope not, but I suppose it's better than nothing. Remember, they got Al Capone on tax evasion.

I think LE has Ron and Misty right where they want them. The others were collateral damage. If one breaks, great, if not, they can sit in prison and think about for years to come.

doobiedoo52
03-06-2010, 10:43 AM

The incident happened in Oct. 2008 and Haleigh went missing Feb 2009. Oct might have been right before they moved to the larger mobile home. It would have been shortly after he broke up with Amber & started with Misty. And around when the Facebook statement about "having your man" took place.

I, also think he went to spend time with Misty. The only reason he divorced her in MO was public opinion--especially with his comment about "there i divorced her, now go find my daughter".

debs
03-06-2010, 10:55 AM
Ron and Misty started dating in August 08.

Beatrice
03-06-2010, 12:20 PM

Someone please explain to Misty that bond does not mean freedom.

Lexington
03-06-2010, 01:13 PM
At this point, one thing that can be done is for the media to release the video/audio of Ron. Maybe in conversations with TN, Ron and TN will continue their campaign to put all the blame for Haleigh's disappearance on Misty and when Misty gets wind of it, she will get angry enough to start talking and spill the real truth. I am still flabbergasted at TN's statement to Ron said in a very conspiratorial tone of voice "Do you think she will talk?" The way that was said tells the whole story.

LFlorida
03-06-2010, 04:26 PM
At this point, one thing that can be done is for the media to release the video/audio of Ron. Maybe in conversations with TN, Ron and TN will continue their campaign to put all the blame for Haleigh's disappearance on Misty and when Misty gets wind of it, she will get angry enough to start talking and spill the real truth. I am still flabbergasted at TN's statement to Ron said in a very conspiratorial tone of voice "Do you think she will talk?" The way that was said tells the whole story.

How would media releasing the video/audio break the case?

jmo - the investigators have all of the audio and video and can show it to Misty without it going through media first.

[I think... Right? IDK. I might be missing something.]

Emeralgem
03-06-2010, 04:50 PM

jmo - the investigators have all of the audio and video and can show it to Misty without it going through media first.

Frankly, I'm more suspicious as to WHY he was moved to Putnam County jail where audio and video has not been set up for inmates...JMO

LFlorida
03-06-2010, 05:02 PM
Frankly, I'm more suspicious as to WHY he was moved to Putnam County jail where audio and video has not been set up for inmates...JMO

There is audio and video set up in the Putnam County jail. They showed video footage from several of the cameras after Fletcher and his bud escaped last year and killed poor Mrs. G. [I saw it on broadcast TV - probably firstcoastnews, but possibly news4jax.]

eta - the reason they want the new visitor center setup is to get it away from the jail.

Emeralgem
03-06-2010, 05:05 PM
There is audio and video set up in the Putnam County jail. They showed video footage from several of the cameras after Fletcher and his bud escaped last year and killed poor Mrs. G. [I saw it on broadcast TV - probably firstcoastnews, but possibly news4jax.]

Really, in that case, guess I am wrong..? I thought I read here Putnam County jail wasn't set up with audio and video cameras for recording conversation during prisoner visitation...

cj1132
03-06-2010, 05:16 PM

I think it would bug Misty to have that information out for public consumption. I just don't think showing the footage to her directly would have as much an effect on her as having everyone see it.

elle1919
03-06-2010, 06:06 PM

Hi Baz. Actually RC and Misty DID know each other in October, I have no way of knowing specifics about when their relationship began but they were together. The thread is asking what "I" think can be done to break Haleigh's case and in my opinion applying pressure to Chelsea and Timmy Croslin would do it.

Amber B allegedly battered Misty, Lisa B is Amber's mother. Chelsea is Misty's sister in law....lots of connections when you look deep enough, imo.

elle1919
03-06-2010, 06:08 PM
Replied to the thread before I read everyone's responses, sorry bout that, thank you to those who answered.

4Jacy
03-06-2010, 06:36 PM

Just thinking here, but I don't see Ronald or Misty even having a checking account.

snookie
03-06-2010, 07:22 PM

JMO, but Ronald most likely went to Misty that night. He just used Haleigh as an excuse.

Baznme
03-06-2010, 07:27 PM
JMO, but Ronald most likely went to Misty that night. He just used Haleigh as an excuse.

I undertstand what the "most likely" is but I would love to know where he REALLY was, know what I mean?

Baznme
03-06-2010, 07:31 PM
Hi Baz. Actually RC and Misty DID know each other in October, I have no way of knowing specifics about when their relationship began but they were together. The thread is asking what "I" think can be done to break Haleigh's case and in my opinion applying pressure to Chelsea and Timmy Croslin would do it.

Amber B allegedly battered Misty, Lisa B is Amber's mother. Chelsea is Misty's sister in law....lots of connections when you look deep enough, imo.

I thought it was said by MC and RC that they had only known each other 5 months when Haleigh disappeared. So much for going by what they say. Anyway, I do realize the connection of the people you are referring to. I just don't remember any altercation between Chelsea and Lisa B. I was surprised to see that.

Remaining on topic, I think that LE is doing the right thing at this time by not commenting on anything and letting this crew sit in jail to think about what their best options are. As it is, if they continue to remain mute on Haleigh, it's them and the four walls for what could seem like infinity. Shame too because they are all so young.

Beatrice
03-06-2010, 07:47 PM
Just thinking here, but I don't see Ronald or Misty even having a checking account.

Amscot? LOL

snookie
03-06-2010, 07:50 PM
I thought it was said by MC and RC that they had only known each other 5 months when Haleigh disappeared. So much for going by what they say. Anyway, I do realize the connection of the people you are referring to. I just don't remember any altercation between Chelsea and Lisa B. I was surprised to see that.

Remaining on topic, I think that LE is doing the right thing at this time by not commenting on anything and letting this crew sit in jail to think about what their best options are. As it is, if they continue to remain mute on Haleigh, it's them and the four walls for what could seem like infinity. Shame too because they are all so young.

Supposedly they met in June and were a couple by August, but then again it was said that they met at the school bus stop, so who knows. School usually lets out in late May. Maybe they just made eyes at each other during that time, and then officially met later when Misty was babysitting Ronald's youngest son.

"Thank you, Amber!!" :seeya:

As for what will break the case-- I think LE has a lot more going on than any of us realize. I have faith it'll happen.

LFlorida
03-06-2010, 08:35 PM

PDM wages would have been via check or direct deposit.

There are plenty of other financial activities to examine, also. Not just Ron & Misty, but Granny & Tee & JH, the Croslins, the Cummings, etc...

There are TracPhones and phone cards. Payments for doctor visits, school lunches, electronics. All kinds of stuff to be had from financial data. Unless they were smart enough to remove every receipt from every vehicle and every room in the m/h, those could help re-trace their activities in the days and weeks leading up to the night Haleigh was reported missing.

If I asked you what you did 2 years ago, what would be the best way for you [or me] to figure that out? [OK, besides internet activity, lol] ;)

lonetraveler
03-06-2010, 08:56 PM
After watching as many of the jail videos as I could stand I've come to the conclusion that Misty needs to be put into absolute isolation in order to give her time for her to REALLY, REALLY think about what she needs to do about Haleigh. I have seen her frantic and begging for phone minutes and for her family to come see her every single time that visitation is allowed. I have seen her demand that she be out of jail. Have a few hissy fits and all. I've seen her cry about being in jail and not being able to be out of her cell so that she could interact with other inmates. Eager for any word about Ron and what is going on. I think that if any and all communication with her family and the outside is cut off, then she will go ballistic and be begging to talk with LE. As long as she can get little tidbits of messages from Ron, be it on Nancy Grace, from family or from the newspapers, then she will hold out and not talk. If she is isolated she will talk. That is my opinion based upon her actions since being in jail.

4Jacy
03-06-2010, 09:09 PM
PDM wages would have been via check or direct deposit.

There are plenty of other financial activities to examine, also. Not just Ron & Misty, but Granny & Tee & JH, the Croslins, the Cummings, etc...

There are TracPhones and phone cards. Payments for doctor visits, school lunches, electronics. All kinds of stuff to be had from financial data. Unless they were smart enough to remove every receipt from every vehicle and every room in the m/h, those could help re-trace their activities in the days and weeks leading up to the night Haleigh was reported missing.

If I asked you what you did 2 years ago, what would be the best way for you [or me] to figure that out? [OK, besides internet activity, lol] ;)

As always, you are too smart and right on top of everything. Thanks, I always appreciate your posts.

By the way, I could absolutely pinpoint where I was 2 years ago because I live 10 ft. from a river (it's beautiful here, really), but sometimes it floods. When that happens you have to have a dated receipt for everything so you can collect on your insurance. It hasn't flooded in a few years and believe me, I have every receipt. Just to let people know, I have never relied on FEMA. I have my own personal flood insurance, and it is beyond expensive!!!

SoSueMe
03-07-2010, 09:33 AM
I go back and forth on what could make Misty talk. She certainly panics when isolated, which means she loves being around other people.

I do think LE needs to put heavy public pressure on Ron and Misty. Then I might put Misty in general population where she would be badgered by other inmates to stop covering for Ron and tell the truth as to what happened to the baby.

We've already heard Tommy say people yell out at him all the time, "where's that baby?" I'm not so sure Misty could take this kind of pressure from her peers. She wants to socialize and be liked, so it might take this type of pressure to break her.

Geez, what is there to lose at this point?

Kimster
03-07-2010, 10:36 AM
Realizing we have discussed this before, IMO Misty isn't going to say anything when she fears telling what happened will give her more time than what she is facing now.

The only thing I see breaking the case is if they promise her less time for her involvement in Haleigh's disappearance. I can't decide if that is a good idea or not. In fact, it might be the subject for a whole new thread!

LFlorida
03-07-2010, 11:19 AM
There are so many things that LE could have done that may have helped break this case. There must be a good reason why they haven't, but dammed if I can figure out why.

Hopefully when (if) there is finally an arreat, we will all say, "No wonder!" and "Of course! That makes perfect sense."

Right now, though, I'm like the rest of y'all.

What are they doing?
What have they already done?
Why aren't they telling us anything?
What do they know?

We need a Richard Hornsby over here. And a Yuri. And a Kathy Bellich. [sorry for any misspelling] Well, maybe not... there's got to be a reason we are kept in the dark about this information. Hopefully that reason is to get

[I]Justice for Haleigh.

doobiedoo52
03-07-2010, 12:10 PM
ITA. Yeah, we've had drug busts, but they are not finding Haleigh. Just how long does it take for this to become a cold case? I don't think anyone is going to talk. It has taken a year for authorities to even state that they feel there was foul play. Before this, police seemed to think she was still alive somewhere. If she's anywhere, I would guess Kentucky. But, after all this time, we have to assume the worst. Maybe if we had a hint to what the little piece of information they needed was about, someone could help. But the way everything's been handled so secretly makes it difficult. I have a feeling some of us members know as much about these families, etc as what LE does. JMO.

bessie
03-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Drive a wedge between Ron and Teresa. Make him see that by engineering this cover up she's failed him once again, the same way she did when she abandoned him as a child. (No matter what the circumstances were back then, I guarantee that's the way he sees it.) Allow him to realize that Haleigh was the true love of his life, a source of pure joy who never hurt him, and whose memory should not be tarnished by lies. Similar thoughts might already be running through his head, but a little encouragement by an understanding investigator could help them along. He's facing a long prison term, one way or the other. Having guilt gnaw away at him won't make it easier.

LaLaw2000
03-07-2010, 05:32 PM
I am not sure what more could be done to break this case, but I do feel that we will have a break soon.

I have to believe that will happen.

Peliman
03-07-2010, 07:47 PM
Polygraphs, who's taken them? Who hasn't? Who said they passed? LE hasn't said, only TM. Not admissible no, but very telling who's cooperating. Line up folks, clear your suspicion.

Concerned Papa
03-07-2010, 07:55 PM
Polygraphs, who's taken them? Who hasn't? Who said they passed? LE hasn't said, only TM. Not admissible no, but very telling who's cooperating. Line up folks, clear your suspicion.

Something that's very telling to me about these "innocent" "we all passed" polygraphs is that LE isn't saying anything of the sort.

If I'm an innocent person, I'll take all the poly's they want to give me but ONLY with the caveat that my results must be made public immediately. There's no way I'm going to have a cloud of suspicion hanging over my head in the small community I live in on whether or not I harmed my own child.

I don't see how any of them could pass a polygraph based on the changing stories that have come out from every one of them.

Beatrice
03-07-2010, 07:55 PM
Pin one against the other...

Misty says "I love Ronald" Tell her RC says "Go to hell"

The same with all of them......

snookie
03-07-2010, 08:03 PM
Pin one against the other...

Misty says "I love Ronald" Tell her RC says "Go to hell"

The same with all of them......

Send Misty a picture of another girl who just so happens to have Ronald Cummings Sr. tattooed on her backside too. :innocent:

lonetraveler
03-07-2010, 08:12 PM
Realizing we have discussed this before, IMO Misty isn't going to say anything when she fears telling what happened will give her more time than what she is facing now.

The only thing I see breaking the case is if they promise her less time for her involvement in Haleigh's disappearance. I can't decide if that is a good idea or not. In fact, it might be the subject for a whole new thread!

You know I've got to agree with you on this idea. Misty hasn't cracked yet and that says a lot. To me it says that she was more involved than I first thought. At this point maybe she knows that she is better off keeping her mouth shut. Maybe you are right, maybe she needs a little sweetening of the pot, so to speak. With her continuing love and loyalty to Ron it is going to take a lot to get her to spill the beans. This case is really getting to me. I just learned a few minutes ago that Amber Dubois' body was found. Then I read about this case and it is really making me very angry with the whole bunch. I know it is illegal but I'm willing to cut a switch and switch Misty a few stripes at this moment..............I'm going to try and just read right now.

lonetraveler
03-07-2010, 08:22 PM
There are so many things that LE could have done that may have helped break this case. There must be a good reason why they haven't, but dammed if I can figure out why.

Hopefully when (if) there is finally an arreat, we will all say, "No wonder!" and "Of course! That makes perfect sense."

Right now, though, I'm like the rest of y'all.

What are they doing?
What have they already done?
Why aren't they telling us anything?
What do they know?

We need a Richard Hornsby over here. And a Yuri. And a Kathy Bellich. [sorry for any misspelling] Well, maybe not... there's got to be a reason we are kept in the dark about this information. Hopefully that reason is to get

[I]Justice for Haleigh.

I thinnk that LE's decision not to inform the public of what they have or not have as far as evidence, totally dried up the possibility of anyone coming forth with any information at all, therefore the public knows almost nothing about this case and LE, in my opinon knows the same. It has been a little more than one year. Except for the fact that Haleigh's father and his cousin, his girlfriend and her brother and a friend of Haleigh's girlfriend dealing drugs, we know absolutely nothing. Well, I will add that we found along the way that Ron attempted to contact Misty many, many multiple times that night, Tommy was at Ron's residence that night around 10 pm and there is a blanket that "they" took. And don't let me forget about the gun that was
"stolen" that night and recovered by Ron's mental abilities the evening after reproting Haleigh missing. Other than that? Nothing really. So, how has the "holding close to the vest" approach worked?

Peliman
03-07-2010, 08:23 PM
Something that's very telling to me about these "innocent" "we all passed" polygraphs is that LE isn't saying anything of the sort.

If I'm an innocent person, I'll take all the poly's they want to give me but ONLY with the caveat that my results must be made public immediately. There's no way I'm going to have a cloud of suspicion hanging over my head in the small community I live in on whether or not I harmed my own child.

I don't see how any of them could pass a polygraph based on the changing stories that have come out from every one of them.

Early on it was reported by LE that once polygraphs in missing children's cases were administered and then sent to quantico FBI for further analysis as a double check for results. Going off memory here and results were (my words here,) inconclusive results were not released. IMO

whovillebaby
03-07-2010, 09:12 PM
I wonder if LE has thought to set Misty aside "out of the picture, and tell Ron "we know Misty is innocent, we're going to let her go".
"we think that you RON, being Haleigh's father should be the one the help us finally find your daughter"
"Although you were at work the night she went missing, you must surely know who took her".
Huuuuummmmmm.......
LE must have his time in and out at work that night, and all of the calls he made that night, we don't, but they must.......

I do think the house was given the once over before they called the police, the freak out phase that night.
The gun taken out, any weed & pills removed, anything that would raise a red flag as to RON not being responsible enough to have custody of the kids.
Ron has everyone envolved wrapped around his finger and caught in his web.
When he realized that those who took Haleigh lived up to their "threat" he used Misty to cover up the truth. NOT that Misty is an innocent party, but I don't think she would have ever hurt Haleigh.
JMO

butterfly1978
03-07-2010, 09:20 PM
I have thought LONG and hard about this, and I have decided I know how to solve this case. The state needs to release every bit of information in the case to us, here at websleuth and then we will solve this case for them, in two days we could tell them who did it, why they did it, when they did it, how they did it and the name of their distant ancestors!!!!!

RELEASE ALL THE EVIDENCE, STATEMENTS, EVERYTHING!!!!

Kimster
03-07-2010, 09:41 PM
I have thought LONG and hard about this, and I have decided I know how to solve this case. The state needs to release every bit of information in the case to us, here at websleuth and then we will solve this case for them, in two days we could tell them who did it, why they did it, when they did it, how they did it and the name of their distant ancestors!!!!!

:floorlaugh:

azwriter
03-08-2010, 01:35 AM

Oh butterfly, you dreamer. I love your suggestion. :blowkiss:

azwriter
03-08-2010, 01:38 AM
I think LE should start putting the heat on TN and GGM Sykes. If they haven't sat for an LD yet, hook them up. But along with that, let Ron know his mom and his Grandma are being investigated seriously and let's see how he holds up under that idea.
Let's see if he honors that tattoo above his heart. jmo

TxLady2
03-08-2010, 10:15 AM
I've found in a lot of cases, when LE goes silent and doesn't release what evidence they have, it means they are very close to solving the case and bringing charges against someone. Might not be true in this case, but it does happen.
It also might help to be aware that they have access to many more databases, and resources of information than we do, plus the training, knowledge and experience that none of us do. I'm going to trust that between PCSD, FBI and FDLE... they will get the job done.

LFlorida
03-08-2010, 11:34 AM

While I would personally enjoy seeing it all, I do believe some suspects [and/or their family & friends] really do read here, so I'd have to...

Just say NO.

;)

LFlorida
03-08-2010, 11:36 AM
Early on it was reported by LE that once polygraphs in missing children's cases were administered and then sent to quantico FBI for further analysis as a double check for results. Going off memory here and results were (my words here,) inconclusive results were not released. IMO

That's what was said in this case. I think Crystal may have said LE told her that after her LDT.

tlcya
03-08-2010, 11:58 AM
I think only Misty, and whoever was at that house that night know what happened to Haleigh. My own personal opinion is that something happened to Haleigh through Misty's negligence. Misty, being not exactly the brightest of bulbs, and fearing what Ron would do, gets rid of the body (with some outside help) and cooks up this backdoor open, missing kid story. Ron knows that she is lying/hiding facts, but can't say too much about it because he himself is on the shady side. Whatever she has on him has kept him from speaking too harshly or publicly about her involvment.

Once whatever skeletons they have on one another are out in the open, there will no longer be a benefit to covering for one another.

Then, and only then, will the trash start talking. Then, and only then, will it be a race to see who gets the deal for talking first.

Find all the skeletons, and the singing like canaries will commence. As always, the above is MOHO

Beatrice
03-08-2010, 04:14 PM
Send Misty a picture of another girl who just so happens to have Ronald Cummings Sr. tattooed on her backside too. :innocent:

Senior?

Kimster
03-08-2010, 04:28 PM
Senior?

Haleigh's little brother is junior. :)

Beatrice
03-08-2010, 04:40 PM
Why would Sr. have a tattoo on Misty's back?

debs
03-08-2010, 04:58 PM
Why would Sr. have a tattoo on Misty's back?

Ronald Cummings SENIOR is the father of Haleigh.

Ronald Cummings JUNIOR is Haleigh's little brother.

Misty has a tattoo with Ronald Cummings SENIOR'S name on her lower back.

Beatrice
03-08-2010, 05:04 PM
I thought Hank Sr. was Lisa's husband.