PDA

View Full Version : JAG vehicles

marieblasdell
03-06-2010, 03:13 PM
What vehicles did JAG have access to, and when?

There's a gold-colored sedan--supposedly wrecked about a month ago, and in a salvage yard.

There's a black sedan--Honda? that belonged to his girlfriend.

The police towed a black car from in front of his parent's house. How does this fit with something that was posted today--that he'd lost his girlfriend about the same time that he wrecked his car. Inaccurate, another car, ex-girlfriend kept letting him drive her car?

There's a white pickup that might or might not have been associated with him. He's standing beside it when he was arrested. Do we know if it's connected with him, or just a random car? How did he get to the restaurant where he was arrested? Wasn't the gold car--it's wrecked. Wasn't the black car--parked by his parent's house, unless there's two. Third vehicle, or did someone give him a ride?

lightlady
03-06-2010, 05:20 PM
Is the house in this article with the large white truck the one he lives in? If so do you think this is his white truck?
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/feb/28/lake-elsinore-man-arrested-poway-teens-disappearan/

Leila
03-06-2010, 05:43 PM
What vehicles did JAG have access to, and when?

There's a gold-colored sedan--supposedly wrecked about a month ago, and in a salvage yard.

There's a black sedan--Honda? that belonged to his girlfriend.

The police towed a black car from in front of his parent's house. How does this fit with something that was posted today--that he'd lost his girlfriend about the same time that he wrecked his car. Inaccurate, another car, ex-girlfriend kept letting him drive her car?

There's a white pickup that might or might not have been associated with him. He's standing beside it when he was arrested. Do we know if it's connected with him, or just a random car? How did he get to the restaurant where he was arrested? Wasn't the gold car--it's wrecked. Wasn't the black car--parked by his parent's house, unless there's two. Third vehicle, or did someone give him a ride?

It logical to assume that JAG drove to the restaurant where he was later arrested.

A white truck has been mentioned, and I'm intrigued by the white truck in the background when JAG was arrested. He's described as working in the construction business, and with the tool chest across the back of the pick-up bed, that's the type of pick-up truck someone in construction would have.

There could be more than one girlfriend, or a family friend who loaned him a car.

Wise Old Owl
03-06-2010, 05:54 PM
It logical to assume that JAG drove to the restaurant where he was later arrested.

A white truck has been mentioned, and I'm intrigued by the white truck in the background when JAG was arrested. He's described as working in the construction business, and with the tool chest across the back of the pick-up bed, that's the type of pick-up truck someone in construction would have.

There could be more than one girlfriend, or a family friend who loaned him a car.
or, like you said about the construction trade - it could be he had access to a "company vehicle". Although we heard from the relative on the radio that he lost his job about, what, a month or so ago? Still he could be friends with the company owner/foreman and still be allowed access to the truck if he asked nicely and needed it for a valid reason. DH has a company vehicle - he's an iron worker and its a small company fo no markings on the truck at all - just a little green ford ranger with tool boxes like the one in the pic.

Leila
03-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Is the house in this article with the large white truck the one he lives in? If so do you think this is his white truck?
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/feb/28/lake-elsinore-man-arrested-poway-teens-disappearan/

That's the house in Lake Elsinore, where JAG lived when he wasn't spending time at his grandmother's or mother's home.

This picture was taken after JAG was arrested. I noted the white pick-up in the driveway, and if the white pick-up in the background of the picture of his arrest isn't his, this one could be his.

Leila
03-06-2010, 06:05 PM
or, like you said about the construction trade - it could be he had access to a "company vehicle". Although we heard from the relative on the radio that he lost his job about, what, a month or so ago? Still he could be friends with the company owner/foreman and still be allowed access to the truck if he asked nicely and needed it for a valid reason. DH has a company vehicle - he's an iron worker and its a small company fo no markings on the truck at all - just a little green ford ranger with tool boxes like the one in the pic.

He could have had two vehicles - the gold car that was involved in an accident and totaled about a month ago, and the white truck for work. With the loss of the gold car, the white truck would be his only transportation. But evidently he borrowed his girlfriend's black car (honda?) too.

Wise Old Owl
03-06-2010, 06:32 PM
You're right Leila but wouldn't the relative have mentioned that he had a "work truck"? And if the work truck was his why would he have to borrow gf's car? IDK.

Wait, the confrontation at mom's garage door - the guys that covered it up were JAG's age group and it was the neighbors that were being quite nasty to them about it. Could be those were "co-workers" and possibly loaned him their truck every now and then - relative wouldn't have known about those connections as he said he was not in close contact with JAG at all.

Leila
03-06-2010, 06:59 PM
You're right Leila but wouldn't the relative have mentioned that he had a "work truck"? And if the work truck was his why would he have to borrow gf's car? IDK.

Wait, the confrontation at mom's garage door - the guys that covered it up were JAG's age group and it was the neighbors that were being quite nasty to them about it. Could be those were "co-workers" and possibly loaned him their truck every now and then - relative wouldn't have known about those connections as he said he was not in close contact with JAG at all.

The relative was vague on some things..........said that he and JAG had a confrontation on Feb. 17th and the relative had to call LE as he was concerned. He said the last time he saw JAG was on Feb. 19th, and JAG moved out of grandmother's house on the 20th.

So the relative may not know some aspects of JAG's life other than generalities. He wasn't too close to JAG, but being a relative knew a lot, some from personal contact and probably some from family scuttlebutt, but he was not close enough to know every detail.

Curious Me
03-06-2010, 07:12 PM
This has nothing to do with Gardner most likely.

White pick-up truck with ladders on the sides is mentioned in last paragraph of article.

The sketch is not even close to looking like Gardner either. Guess I'm worried if this guy is still driving around looking to pounce.

http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local/story/Rancho-Santa-Fe-Child-Abduction-Attempts/QteQtNy6GUWiXBlQuhMIEA.cspx

Voice4theSilent
03-06-2010, 07:47 PM

This truck in front of the Lake Elsinore home appears to be a Chevy. (Both the older model chevy trucks and suburbans both had the same front end style so it is hard to tell which it is.) On one of the other threads a while back someone said they were certain that the truck pictured behind him when he was arrested was a Ford (looks like it to me.)

pugpugpug
03-06-2010, 08:42 PM
Do we know anything about what car her owned around the time of his 2000 conviction?

Curious Me
03-06-2010, 09:41 PM
Do we know anything about what car her owned around the time of his 2000 conviction?

Do you think someone kept his old car for him while he was in prison?

pugpugpug
03-06-2010, 09:59 PM
Do you think someone kept his old car for him while he was in prison?

I'd just be curious to know. I knew of two attempted kidnappings in Penaquitos when I was in high school ~1999. Obviously, there are a lot of psychos in the world, but I'd just be curious to know a little bit more about him/his car around that time.

Lipin One
03-07-2010, 02:57 AM
I have been reading about Amber Dubois for the past two days. I had never known of her case if not for the King murder.

It has been said that maybe Gardner is involved in both of these girls disappearances.

However, the vehicle described in the Dubois case is marroon or dark red, a full-sized truck with metal trims.

The vehicle described in the Walmart molestations is a marroon/dark red full-sized truck with metal trims, but not as many as the decors in the Dubois case truck.

The Walmart molestations happened four months after Ambers disappearance, so the perp could've removed decors in those four months.

The vehicle driven by the perp in the King case has been described as black sedan.

In some news, there were accounts of Gardner crashing his car a month before the King crime.

Does anyone know if the crash involved the black car? Was it a marroon truck?

My point being, that IF Gardner never had possession of a marroon truck, then either the police is incorrectly identifying the vehicle involved in the Dubois crime, or Gardner is not involved.

This is my reasoning, and I wish for someone to prove me wrong.

:)

marieblasdell
03-07-2010, 05:30 AM
My understanding is that the maroon truck was cleared of involvement in the Amber Dubois case. It belonged to a parent, who came forward and discussed things with the police.

My personal belief, and it's not worth much, is that JAG wasn't the Walmart molester. My reasons being: doesn't match what we know of his modus operandi, the girls are younger than his preferred age group, the security video doesn't seem enough like him, and that you're right--we don't know of a maroon pickup truck associated with him.

Gardner's car crash involved the gold-colored car he owned. The black sedan seems to have been borrowed.

Tink56
03-07-2010, 09:48 AM
I'd just be curious to know. I knew of two attempted kidnappings in Penaquitos when I was in high school ~1999. Obviously, there are a lot of psychos in the world, but I'd just be curious to know a little bit more about him/his car around that time.

Hi Pug(3),
Do you remember the ages of the girls (?) who were involved? Do they fit the petite description that JAG seems to prefer?

Just wondering...

Lipin One
03-07-2010, 01:49 PM
My understanding is that the maroon truck was cleared of involvement in the Amber Dubois case. It belonged to a parent, who came forward and discussed things with the police.

My personal belief, and it's not worth much, is that JAG wasn't the Walmart molester. My reasons being: doesn't match what we know of his modus operandi, the girls are younger than his preferred age group, the security video doesn't seem enough like him, and that you're right--we don't know of a maroon pickup truck associated with him.

Gardner's car crash involved the gold-colored car he owned. The black sedan seems to have been borrowed.

Thanks.

Just learning of the case. Since posting that I learned that the marroon truck in the Dubois case was that of a parent dropping off a student, who checked okay.

:)

pugpugpug
03-07-2010, 04:00 PM
Hi Pug(3),
Do you remember the ages of the girls (?) who were involved? Do they fit the petite description that JAG seems to prefer?

Just wondering...

Well one of them was me. I honestly for the life of me can't remember what the guy or car looked like, other than white guy and sedan. Which doesn't help. I was 14, short, skinny, and looked young for my age. One was my friend who was around 14 or 15 at the time. A man pulled up next to her while she was walking to school, expose himself, and tried to get her into the car. She was short but maybe a little on the chunky side.

sarx
03-08-2010, 04:25 AM
There was an attempted abduction in Hemet in Sept 2009 of a 14 year old girl. The vehicle was a white truck. Maybe a connection? I found it here
http://www.podcastdirectory.com/podshows/5507227
though I can't get the podcast to load and haven't found any more info yet on it.

Voice4theSilent
03-08-2010, 04:39 PM
There was an attempted abduction in Hemet in Sept 2009 of a 14 year old girl. The vehicle was a white truck. Maybe a connection? I found it here
http://www.podcastdirectory.com/podshows/5507227
though I can't get the podcast to load and haven't found any more info yet on it.

Doubt it is related.

http://www.pe.com/localnews/hemet/stories/PE_News_Local_E_eabduct01.447d7ec.html

"The girl described the man as heavy-set between 40 and 50 years old, wearing a blue flannel shirt and jeans and having a black baseball bat. He was driving a 4-door pickup with gray running boards."

sarx
03-08-2010, 04:42 PM
Thanks, that's a much more specific report than the one I found!

Tink56
03-09-2010, 02:01 AM
Well one of them was me. I honestly for the life of me can't remember what the guy or car looked like, other than white guy and sedan. Which doesn't help. I was 14, short, skinny, and looked young for my age. One was my friend who was around 14 or 15 at the time. A man pulled up next to her while she was walking to school, expose himself, and tried to get her into the car. She was short but maybe a little on the chunky side.

What an awful experience for 14-year-olds! I don't doubt that the memory is hazy. SCARY! Did you just take off running, freeze, or ???? Glad you're here to share the story.

So the car was white? Did you and your parents report it to the authorities?
Did anything come of the report, if you did?

pugpugpug
03-09-2010, 03:47 AM
What an awful experience for 14-year-olds! I don't doubt that the memory is hazy. SCARY! Did you just take off running, freeze, or ???? Glad you're here to share the story.

So the car was white? Did you and your parents report it to the authorities?
Did anything come of the report, if you did?

Oh I totally freaked and ran as fast as I could. My brother and I called 911 after I got home. The police didn't seem overly concerned (ugh) but my parents bugged them enough until there was heavy police presence in the neighborhoods during school days. I never heard anything else from the police. My sister (an attorney) wants me to get the police report just so I can see what I've forgotten in the last 10 years or so.

But like I said, it's probably not related to him. Or else, that's what I'm telling myself. I never ever ever walked to school after that though - my parents always made sure that someone could take me and pick me up.

suzyq211
03-09-2010, 06:05 AM
Here's an interesting article about King's gold Pontiac, once again quite infuriating to see he was in the clutches of LE and they didnt even know what they had!!
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/08/king-suspects-gold-pontiac-figures-in/

This part kills me:

Sgt. Joe Borja, a spokesman for the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department, which is investigating the incident, said deputies know about the car Gardner drove but are looking for “something solid.”

“Many people drive gold Pontiacs,” Borja said. “I would venture to say that if you called Pontiac and asked them how many they put out, it’s a big number.”

He said the car connection is “big enough to be interesting, but it’s not big enough to file a case on him at this point.”

TravelingBug
03-11-2010, 08:27 PM
Well look what just got picked up from the wrecking yard...

A car believed to have belonged to the man accused of murdering Chelsea King was towed from an Escondido wrecking yard on Thursday morning and taken to a city holding facility.

As of 1 p.m., Escondido police had not returned a phone call to confirm the car did, in fact, belong to Gardner or the circumstances surrounding the impounding of the vehicle. Earlier this week in San Diego Superior Court, Judge David Danielson issued a gag order in the case involving John Gardner, who, in addition to being a suspect in the King case is also a focus of the investigation in the death of Amber Dubois.

The owner of Cardinal Auto Wrecking, however, said detectives asked him not to comment on the vehicle, an indication that there is a possible connection to Gardner.

The owner would not say, however, who brought in the vehicle to the salvage yard or confirm when it was brought in. The yard is located exactly three blocks from Gardner's last known residence in Escondido on Rock Springs Road.

The car towed from the wrecking yard on Thursday morning is a gold 1999 Grand Prix. That information may be significant. In October, a man bearing a resemblance to Gardner in a composite sketch was being sought in Riverside County for attempting to force a girl into a car at gunpoint as she walked to school. The girl was able to run away. She described the suspect's car at the time as a "'90s era gold four-door sedan, unknown make." That description would seem to match the car that was towed from the wreckage lot on Thursday.

The car was at the tow yard since January, sources said. The owner of the wreckage yard would not confirm the date but did say the vehicle identification numbers were forwarded to the DMV and Department of Justice, as is required by law. He also said the car was brought in with "front end damage." When it was towed away Thursday, the car appeared to have other damage as well. However, that could have been because parts of the car had been used as salvage.

Gardner is being held without bail. His preliminary hearing has been scheduled for Aug. 4.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local-beat/Is-This-Gardners-Car.html

passionflower
03-11-2010, 08:34 PM
http://www.sdnn.com/sandiego/2010-03-11/local-county-news/new-details-reveal-that-john-gardner-fathered-twins

on black sedan

primetimemom
03-11-2010, 10:24 PM
White truck:

http://www.cbs8.com/global/story.asp?s=12127421

SoCalSleuth
03-11-2010, 10:35 PM
JAG'S gold pontiac towed by LE today.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/11/gardners-gold-pontiac-towed-escondido-police/

TravelingBug
03-11-2010, 11:53 PM
White truck:

http://www.cbs8.com/global/story.asp?s=12127421

So there are TWO black cars apparently belonging to (at various times, and that JAG has been identified as using) that have belonged to his GF.

Records show at least two of those cars were registered to Gardner's girlfriend, 28-year-old Jariah Baker. News 8 has confirmed Baker is currently living in a residential drug and alcohol rehab house in Escondido called Serenity House. She did not respond to News 8's emails and phone messages asking for a comment.

Wise Old Owl
03-12-2010, 12:12 AM
So there are TWO black cars apparently belonging to (at various times, and that JAG has been identified as using) that have belonged to his GF.

Records show at least two of those cars were registered to Gardner's girlfriend, 28-year-old Jariah Baker. News 8 has confirmed Baker is currently living in a residential drug and alcohol rehab house in Escondido called Serenity House. She did not respond to News 8's emails and phone messages asking for a comment.
Wait - this Baker person - she's the GF? And isn't she the one in the HHH group? A running / drinking group that this person belongs to and who is living in a rehab house? huh?

marieblasdell
03-12-2010, 12:17 AM
No, according to every story I've seen, it's his mother, not his girlfriend who's in the HHH. And, might be a good idea to delete the girlfriend's last name.

Voice4theSilent
03-12-2010, 01:00 AM
Wait - this Baker person - she's the GF? And isn't she the one in the HHH group? A running / drinking group that this person belongs to and who is living in a rehab house? huh?

No, as far as I know she was not a part of the Humpin' HHH group, it was JAG's mother and stepfather. She was in a picture at a Humpin' HHH Thanksgiving party at the parent's house with JAG, though. I also believe she is not the mother of JAG's twins (several news sources are stating that she is.) It would be interesting to know when she went into rehab. Perhaps she is the source of the "tip" LE received leading them to Amber and was told to check herself into rehab.

Wise Old Owl
03-12-2010, 01:14 AM
No, as far as I know she was not a part of the Humpin' HHH group, it was JAG's mother and stepfather. She was in a picture at a Humpin' HHH Thanksgiving party at the parent's house with JAG, though. I also believe she is not the mother of JAG's twins (several news sources are stating that she is.) It would be interesting to know when she went into rehab. Perhaps she is the source of the "tip" LE received leading them to Amber and was told to check herself into rehab.
thank you! I went back to re-read some things and found out I was confused (which is something I find myself being more often than not). lol

I had thought that I had read she was at some of the runs - but I was mistaken. I still find it interesting that his GF was in alcohol/drug rehab and yet his mom and her bf are in this drinking group. Its like from one extreme to the other. I also agree that this GF is not the mother of the twins.

Tink56
03-12-2010, 01:27 AM
Getting the police report might help to put this memory to rest. If nothing else it could prove interesting reading.

Good parents for "bugging" the police. I'm sure this event will influence the amount of freedom your kiddos (or future kiddos) get someday.

Thanks for sharing this!

Oh I totally freaked and ran as fast as I could. My brother and I called 911 after I got home. The police didn't seem overly concerned (ugh) but my parents bugged them enough until there was heavy police presence in the neighborhoods during school days. I never heard anything else from the police. My sister (an attorney) wants me to get the police report just so I can see what I've forgotten in the last 10 years or so.

But like I said, it's probably not related to him. Or else, that's what I'm telling myself. I never ever ever walked to school after that though - my parents always made sure that someone could take me and pick me up.

AmandaReckonwith
03-12-2010, 10:52 AM
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Chelsea%20King/JohnGardnerVehicles.jpg

According to CBS8

JBean
03-14-2010, 01:34 PM
http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/sdcounty/article_f6fa566f-fbaf-5e16-aee3-330412c4eeea.html

REGION: Gardner drove 3 cars, was stopped several times

Murder suspect cited for marijuana possession, traffic violations

Brwnigirl
03-14-2010, 04:31 PM
What did Grandma drive/own?

AmandaReckonwith
03-16-2010, 03:03 PM
Updated by CBS8 3/16/10, the 5 vehicles JAG drove when he got tickets:

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Chelsea%20King/5carsGardner.jpg

Article:
http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=12147472

pugpugpug
03-16-2010, 07:40 PM
Updated by CBS8 3/16/10, the 5 vehicles JAG drove when he got tickets:

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Chelsea%20King/5carsGardner.jpg

Article:
http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=12147472

So MANY cars. Good lord. So hard to keep track of... And to think, I only drive my car. Maybe my mom's car once or twice a year.

tvscum
03-16-2010, 10:59 PM
Accused killer collected string of citations in various vehicles

Posted: Mar 16, 2010 1:31 AM PDT Updated: Mar 16, 2010 4:16 PM PDT
http://KFMB.images.worldnow.com/images/12147472_BG1.jpg (http://KFMB.images.worldnow.com/images/12147472_BG1.jpg)
http://KFMB.images.worldnow.com/images/12147472_BG2.jpg (http://KFMB.images.worldnow.com/images/12147472_BG2.jpg)
http://KFMB.images.worldnow.com/images/12147472_BG3.jpg (http://KFMB.images.worldnow.com/images/12147472_BG3.jpg)
http://KFMB.images.worldnow.com/images/12147472_BG4.jpg (http://KFMB.images.worldnow.com/images/12147472_BG4.jpg)
http://KFMB.images.worldnow.com/images/12147472_BG5.jpg (http://KFMB.images.worldnow.com/images/12147472_BG5.jpg)

SAN DIEGO, Cailf. (CBS 8) - The murder of Poway High School senior Chelsea King, allegedly at the hands of a known sexual predator, has sparked outrage in the community.
News 8 is continuing to investigate John Gardner's past run-ins with the law and the vehicles he was driving since his release from prison.
We are learning more about missed opportunities the case of accused killer John Gardner. A News 8

Images of John Gardner's citations:
http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/...r_tickets2.pdf (http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/misc/gardner_tickets2.pdf)

Tink56
03-16-2010, 11:50 PM
I wonder why all but one of his tickets was on a Wednesday or Thursday evening....?????

A handwriting person could have fun with the signatures.

Good article. Thanks

Accused killer collected string of citations in various vehicles

Posted: Mar 16, 2010 1:31 AM PDT Updated: Mar 16, 2010 4:16 PM PDT
http://KFMB.images.worldnow.com/images/12147472_BG1.jpg (http://KFMB.images.worldnow.com/images/12147472_BG1.jpg)
http://KFMB.images.worldnow.com/images/12147472_BG2.jpg (http://KFMB.images.worldnow.com/images/12147472_BG2.jpg)
http://KFMB.images.worldnow.com/images/12147472_BG3.jpg (http://KFMB.images.worldnow.com/images/12147472_BG3.jpg)
http://KFMB.images.worldnow.com/images/12147472_BG4.jpg (http://KFMB.images.worldnow.com/images/12147472_BG4.jpg)
http://KFMB.images.worldnow.com/images/12147472_BG5.jpg (http://KFMB.images.worldnow.com/images/12147472_BG5.jpg)

SAN DIEGO, Cailf. (CBS 8) - The murder of Poway High School senior Chelsea King, allegedly at the hands of a known sexual predator, has sparked outrage in the community.
News 8 is continuing to investigate John Gardner's past run-ins with the law and the vehicles he was driving since his release from prison.

Images of John Gardner's citations:
http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/...r_tickets2.pdf (http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/misc/gardner_tickets2.pdf)

BeckyKY
03-17-2010, 12:16 AM
These links are a big help , thanks !
I have not kept up with any crime cases for several days and did not even know JG had twins !
I need to keep reading and catch up.

marieblasdell
03-20-2010, 03:41 AM
Here's an story about the white Chevy Silverado.

http://www.760kfmb.com/Global/story.asp?S=12174713

Interesting points: repossessed 4 days after Amber Dubois' disappearance.

He put 35,000 miles a year on it.

I'd guess that he'd put on the spectacularly high milage on the car he traded in--his mother's car.