GUILTY TX - Ethan Couch 'Affluenza Teen' DUI driver who killed four gets probation, 2013 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm....I wonder if the judge would give the same sentence to a 16-year-old boy from an impoverished home charged with the same crime? Maybe his parents don't pay attention to him, no rules because they are too busy working, etc.

Exactly. If this is the logic behind his sentence, then I think that treatment facility is going be full of young teens with destitutenza. Oh wait, their treatment facility is called prison. :banghead:

Let me get this right, rich boy kills 4 people and walks. Im so glad karma is real.

I am not sure where to start or how to post without totally losing it and going outside TOS. I have avoided clicking and commenting on this thread case all day because it upsets and irritates me so.

So now, on top of this young man being an entitled spoiled little rich brat (this is not me saying this, this is the basic argument by his own attorneys) we should give him a "by" and excuse this behavior because mommy and daddy didn't teach him good values and because of their wealth and their parenting he did not know any better?

Really?

Seriously?

and giving him a light sentence or "by" as I call it helps correct this sad state of affairs exactly how???????? When do the "by"s end? Cause it isnt' here I can almost guarantee it. Who else dies before this poor young misguided man is held accountable for his actions?

Leaving this thread right now before I get myself in a world of trouble. I have said enough to get my opinion across I hope.

:shutup: :censored:

Looks like the same judge has also refused to try a teen as an adult for beating up a pizza delivery man. Sorry, the original link is gone, so I got it off of a forum.

Teen who hit 66-year-old pizza man with baseball bat won't stand trial as an adult
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2424685/posts

Prosecutors Amy Mills and Tim Bednarz sought to have the teen certified as an adult, pointing to his lack of remorse for the attack, which left Rein with a permanent brain injury. He is still hospitalized in a rehabilitation facility.

"He may be 16 but this was a cold, calculated, premeditated attack on an innocent victim," Mills told state District Judge Jean Boyd.

Boyd, however, denied prosecutors’ request, siding with defense attorneys Chad Lee and Jonathan Simpson, who had argued that the teen had not yet been afforded the counseling services and treatment programs that are available in the juvenile system. They had also pointed out that a psychological exam raised concerns about the teen’s maturity and sophistication.

Sounds like a ground for appeal to me. Appeals happen for many reasons.

Defense appeals. Prosecution very rarely does. This prosecutor already said he can't appeal and nothing can be done about this "sentence."

Defense appeals. Prosecution very rarely does. This prosecutor already said he can't appeal and nothing can be done about this "sentence."

I could see the defense still appealing claiming his sentence of probation is harsh. I am not in any way defending what he did.

I could see the defense still appealing claiming his sentence of probation is harsh. I am not in any way defending what he did.

Defense isn't going to appeal his probation.
Defense presented "affluenza" defense. Would be stupid for them to turn around and argue it doesn't exist.

Defense isn't going to appeal his probation.
Defense presented "affluenza" defense. Would be stupid for them to turn around and argue it doesn't exist.

They were probably trying to get an acquittal.

What in the world does he have to appeal? His defense is clearly couldn't be more happy with his "sentence."

Fair enough. I am just thinking out loud. :) Anyways, I posted an article from the past on the top of this page.

I found a copy of the petition brought by Sergio Molina's mother, Maria Lemus. Sergio is the boy who was paralyzed in the accident. There are now FIVE suits pending against Couch Sr, his wife, his son and his company.

Here's Couch's company, Cleburne Sheet Metal.

Assistant district attorney Richard Alpert said:

No doubt.

I predict that with all the lawsuits the parents will move their money to another family member and then claim bankruptcy to protect their wealth.I remeber the recent case with the rich man from West Palm Beach that ran the stop sign while drunk and killed a young man.He then claimed his girlfriend as his daughter and she recieved his money and he filed for bankruptcy as to not have to pay the victims family. I am sorry I do not recall his name.

I predict that with all the lawsuits the parents will move their money to another family member and then claim bankruptcy to protect their wealth.I remeber the recent case with the rich man from West Palm Beach that ran the stop sign while drunk and killed a young man.He then claimed his girlfriend as his daughter and she recieved his money and he filed for bankruptcy as to not have to pay the victims family. I am sorry I do not recall his name.

His auto policy would have covered the damages and paid the estate under the bodily injury to others portion of the policy. If he's rich, his lawyers and his insurance agent would have had him increase his bodily injury limits to at least $250,000 per person/$500,000 per accident so that he would be eligible for an excess/umbrella policy for his personal assets.

ETA I found the case you mentioned. Her boyfriend is now her father? That is skeeeeevy.

Would serve him right if she dumped his sorry butt and KEPT HER THIRD of the $200M trust.

I think he'll be out of gas. When someone does that to obviously avoid a lawsuit they're usually called out on it. If he had transferred everything to his girlfriend prior to the crash he'd be safe. I think it's obvious why he did that.

Just a general observation. I wondered how the father's company could be named as a defendant. Evidently the truck he was driving was registered to the company.

I just watched AC's reporting on this and the guy who was defending the kids actions, (I don't know if it was his lawyer or not.), was basically saying that kids watch TV and behave like they see on TV. Wealthy kids just do that.

Well bad behavior by wealthy children wasn't invented by TV. The DuPont kids were into drugs and other skeevy things long before "reality" shows. He'd never say it, but I was waiting for AC to say something like;

"So say there is a rich kid. I'm talking his parents are REALLY rich. Oh say, Gloria Vanderbilt rich. Is it your belief that that kid couldn't grow up to lead a productive, non criminal entitled life?"

Such disregard for human life. So many outright killers just going free. The justice system is stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member