GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok today is the first day I have watched any of this trial and I haven't read a great deal about it either.

So I'm completely fresh and watching this defence attorney for the first time.

Now ... while I agree that this bloke would put a glass eye to sleep .. I can't help thinking that there's something very affable and likeable about him, which might appeal to some members of the jury?

I haven't followed any of this trial so have no idea what has gone before. However listening to this closing - it sounds both very thorough and dare I say it, does have some skewed logic to it ( least it does to anyone like me, who is completely ignorant of the case) and his bumbling delivery is somewhat endearing? He's not one of these snide scathing defenders but just a nice man setting it out for us to understand ... is how it comes across.

I watched the 'not guilty' trial in Florida that shall not be named from start to finish and I thought the defence team was absolutely useless ... and look what happened there. I also watched the very recent Florida trial that I thought was an absolutely, without a doubt slam dunk, and I didn't think much of the defence ... and look what happened there?

I sincerely hope that's not the case here ... but I don't think this rather affable and kindly gent is coming across that badly - at least to my eyes and ears.

Just my opinion of course and I know it goes against what everyone else is seeing and hearing, but I just thought I'd maybe offer up an alternative point of view?

I'll get me coat! :blushing:

Also, I'm mistaken. GH bought the acid, at a Home Depot in TX. As they had the gentleman who worked at HD fly in for GH's trial to testify.

AH dumped all the excess battery acid & was caught on the trail cam.

On the wral site (video feed), in the middle where they have the picture of Laura on the left and picture of Amanda on the right......Laura was soooooooo beautiful compared to Amanda. I completely think Amanda was jealous of Laura. Laura was mother to Grant's two precious kids, Laura was beautiful, young, nice, caring, also becoming a successful businesswoman - and then compare with Amanda who was beginning to show her age, had a series of failed relationships, etc., etc.. So here is this beautiful ex, who is still constantly communicating with your husband (by necessity). Also mother to his 2 kids who he claims mean the world to him.

I don't think for one sec she wasn't a part of the whole plan.

Lovin' that little yellow man, Tiger!! Why aren't you sharing your coffee with him, or are you asleep, too?!

Snore, snore, snore.

But Boz is on his way -- Yay!!

Haha, I don't drink coffee, so don't have any to share with him.
I'm surprised I'm not sleeping along side of him

The poor juror was so disgusted with Gaskins closing, he muttered: "Give Me a Break!"............and they did.....:floorlaugh:

The poor juror was so disgusted with Gaskins closing, he muttered: "Give Me a Break!"............and they did.....:floorlaugh:

Unless someone tops this, Chelly gets my award for post of the day!

Ok today is the first day I have watched any of this trial and I haven't read a great deal about it either.

So I'm completely fresh and watching this defence attorney for the first time.

Now ... while I agree that this bloke would put a glass eye to sleep .. I can't help thinking that there's something very affable and likeable about him, which might appeal to some members of the jury?

I haven't followed any of this trial so have no idea what has gone before. However listening to this closing - it sounds both very thorough and dare I say it, does have some skewed logic to it ( least it does to anyone like me, who is completely ignorant of the case) and his bumbling delivery is somewhat endearing? He's not one of these snide scathing defenders but just a nice man setting it out for us to understand ... is how it comes across.

I watched the 'not guilty' trial in Florida that shall not be named from start to finish and I thought the defence team was absolutely useless ... and look what happened there. I also watched the very recent Florida trial that I thought was an absolutely, without a doubt slam dunk, and I didn't think much of the defence ... and look what happened there?

I sincerely hope that's not the case here ... but I don't think this rather affable and kindly gent is coming across that badly - at least to my eyes and ears.

Just my opinion of course and I know it goes against what everyone else is seeing and hearing, but I just thought I'd maybe offer up an alternative point of view?

I'll get me coat! :blushing:

haha :) I haven't watched the trial at all, either, until this morning. I think his delivery is terrible, but since I don't know anything about the case really, I agree with you on that part of it.

John Clark ABC11 ‏@JohnClarkABC11 1m

Closing arguments underway in the Amanda Hayes murder trial. @EdCrumpABC11 has live update on ABC11 at noon.

THe only reason she puts in that Grant tells her in the yard at her sister's is because there is the video tape evidence of her dumping the acid, also Karen's testimony of them going on the boat together.

Laura's body is chopped up and in the UHaul and Amanda STILL doesn't know that the body is in the back of the trailer, according to Gaskins. Amanda thinks Laura is still back in NC.
Isn't this a new story they are telling? Do they think the jurors forgot all the testimony? What is wrong with this atty?

I'm glad Gaskins thinks people can read someone's mind through a photograph.

Ok I take it all back.

This sounds like something Hans Christian Andersen would have come up with ...

:banghead:Because Grant was pre-med, he knew how to do this!

images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member