Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was my understanding the two tickets were purchased at at travel agency by Mr. Ali the day before the flight. That would not give them much time to get to know each other, even if they met that day, aside from the photo of them together.

MOO

this was their day before flight http://abcnews.go.com/US/day-malaysia-airline-passengers-stolen-passports/story?id=22852454

A man claiming to be the friend of two Iranians who used fake passports to board the missing Malaysia Airlines flight told ABC News that the men stayed at his home the night before the flight vanished.

Mohammad Mallaeibasir, 18, told ABC News that he is a student living in Malaysia who went to high school with one of the men who is believed to have used a fake passport to board the missing flight. He said the other man was a friend of the friend's, and the pair stayed at Mallaeibasir's the night before the flight took off.

Mallaeibasir identified the men as Pouria Nour Mohammadi, 19, and Reza Devalar, 29, are both from Iran. He said he went to high school with Pouria, but had not seen him for a couple of years.

They stayed with Mallaeibeasir and his roommate Friday night, and then Mallaeibasir drove them to the airport, where they used stolen Italian and Austrian passports to board Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 on Saturday morning, he said.

I understand the two did not know each other before the flight but curious how they got to know each other after tickets were bought by Mr Ali.

Though we don't know what kind of person Mr. Ali is, I would assume he may have acquainted the two of them since both were seeking asylum and therefore probably pretty nervous?

I think determining who said "Alright, Good Night!" is very crucial. The transponder was turned off before that was uttered so unless both pilots were ok with turning it off, whomever said that was most likely in control unless a terrorist was involved. And some of the "experts" on CNN said that you can't turn off the transponder and not know it. It will let you know by flashing a lot of data, warnings on the screens just to the right of the pilot. Last night at the PC it seemed they were leaning towards the pilots not a suspicious passenger terrorist.

I think determining who said "Alright, Good Night!" is very crucial. The transponder was turned off before that was uttered so unless both pilots were ok with turning it off, whomever said that was most likely in control unless a terrorist was involved. And some of the "experts" on CNN said that you can't turn off the transponder and not know it. It will let you know by flashing a lot of data, warnings on the screens just to the right of the pilot. Last night at the PC it seemed they were leaning towards the pilots not a suspicious passenger terrorist.

thanks, I didn't know that!
yes, it is indeed crucial, surely they know by now though, whether or not we are being told?

Some people have posted compelling Tomnod tiles which have been enhanced. They are on a Facebook page so I dont think I can link.

Does anyone know the type of life raft that would have been onboard the missing 777?
If people are looking for life rafts, surely it helps to determine what shape and colour the ones on board were. Or are there always two types? The slides which come down from the doors which detatch and become rafts, and the orange round (or hexogonal) ones?

14.47 One of today's more substantial developments has been confirmation at the Kuala Lumpur press conference that the plane's tracking systems - known as ACARS [Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System] and the transponder - were switched off before the pilot send his final radio communication to air traffic control, in which he said "Alright, good night" without hinting at any trouble.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...Malaysia-Airlines-MH370-plane-crash-live.html

Just a thought, do we know ACARS was actually working when the flight left the airport?

Right.
They didn't know each other before this flight.
I believe they were just asylum seekers.

I understand the suspicions that people have based on the two having stolen passports and the plane has now vanished. But I don't see it as suspicious. We have since learned that using stolen passports is common there, whether it's for nefarious reasons or not.

If I wanted to escape my country for whatever reason, and I didn't want anyone to find me, I'd use a stolen passport too.

They did know each other, at least they did the day before the flight as they both stayed with "Luigi's" mate in KL, he helped them print off their tickets and noticed they had fake names on. There is also a photo of the 3 of them together.

As for escaping their country, they both wanted to seek asylum in Europe. In order to do this you have to get into an EU country first, not simple to do on an Iranian passport. All members of EU countries can, in theory, move freely across borders. So by using an Italian passport he could get into Germany illegally, meet up with his mum and start a new life there with the aim of eventually becoming a legal citizen.

Scary and very interesting!!!!!
[
QUOTE=AlwaysShocked;10341163]My research is starting to scare me!

"Running amok" is used to refer to the behavior of someone who, in the grip of strong emotion, obtains a weapon and begins attacking people indiscriminately, often with multiple fatalities.[13] An episode of amok may be triggered by a period of depression or highly aggressive behavior. The slang term going postal is similar in scope. Police describe such an event as a killing spree. If the individual is seeking death an alternate method is often suicide by cop.

Amok is often described as a culture-bound (or culture-specific) syndrome,[14][15] which is a psychological condition whose manifestation is strongly shaped by cultural factors. Other reported culture-bound syndromes are latah and koro. Amok is also sometimes considered one of the subcategories of dissociative disorders (cross-cultural variant)."

"Amok originated from the Indonesian word mengamuk, which when roughly defined means “to make a furious and desperate charge”.[5] According to Indonesian culture, amok was rooted in a deep spiritual belief.[6] They believed that amok was caused by the hantu belian,[7] which was an evil tiger spirit that entered one’s body and caused the heinous act. As a result of the belief, those in Indonesian culture tolerated amok and dealt with the after effects with no ill will towards the assailant.[8]

Although commonly used in a colloquial and less-violent sense, the phrase is particularly associated with a specific sociopathic culture-bound syndrome in Malaysian culture. In a typical case of running amok, an individual (often male), having shown no previous sign of anger or any inclination to violence, will acquire a weapon (traditionally a sword or dagger, but presently any of a variety of weapons) and in a sudden frenzy, will attempt to kill or seriously injure anyone he encounters and himself.[9] Amok typically takes place in a well populated or crowded area. Amok episodes of this kind normally end with the attacker being killed by bystanders or committing suicide, eliciting theories that amok may be a form of intentional suicide in cultures where suicide is heavily stigmatized.[10] Those who do not commit suicide and are not killed typically lose consciousness, and upon regaining consciousness, claim amnesia.

A widely accepted explanation links amok with male honor (amok by women is virtually unknown).[12] Running amok would thus be both a way of escaping the world (since perpetrators were normally killed) and re-establishing one's reputation as a man to be feared and respected. Some observers[who?] have related this explanation to Islam's ban on suicide, which, it is suggested, drove Indonesian men to create circumstances in which others would kill them.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Running_amok"]Running amok - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame][/QUOTE]

I do too! I'm kind of surprised that recording has not been made public. It may help determine by people who know the pilots, if it was either of their voices.

Here in the US I would think it would be made public by now!

I understand the two did not know each other before the flight but curious how they got to know each other after tickets were bought by Mr Ali.

I would suspect the speak the same language and hooked up with each other at the airport? Just for simplicity sake.

I am not trying to overanalyze the Iranians.

I am now pondering about the possibility of Act 2 if the plane has indeed been hijacked.
My question is... If it took to the air again would Rolls Royce be able to track it again or is it possible to dismantle any communication between the two? Just a thought.

Does anyone know the type of life raft that would have been onboard the missing 777?
If people are looking for life rafts, surely it helps to determine what shape and colour the ones on board were. Or are there always two types? The slides which come down from the doors which detatch and become rafts, and the orange round (or hexogonal) ones?

I don't know the answer to your questions but how many of you have reached under your seat and tried to figure out where the life jacket is? We get so many instructions on fastening our seat belt and putting on our oxygen mask but I have yet been told how you get the life jacket out from under your seat. Is the bag taped or something?? Seems we all know how to buckle our seat belt by now but more importantly...tells us more about the life jacket.

I am now pondering about the possibility of Act 2 if the plane has indeed been hijacked.
My question is... If it took to the air again would Rolls Royce be able to track it again or is it possible to dismantle any communication between the two? Just a thought.

I would think so. Unless someone has been seeing the news, and somehow disabled it. I doubt it. I'm still with, the plane was hijacked and crash landed into some body of water. :twocents:

Which means time is of the essence. The black box is only good for 30 days!

Not highly skilled, if you know the limitations of the airplane you can climb it at MAX AoA (Angle of Attack) at a set speed and it will climb. Same with descending. It's not difficult.

Sorry I know I am a Pilot, but it really isn't that hard. Hence why 9/11 happened. Passenger aircraft are designed to carry people safely and automatically, not to enhance the skills of the pilot - in fact it can make it worse, see Air France 447.

:seeya: Thanks! I love having pilots on this thread because you explain it in layman's terms for the know-it-all over here. <-------------

Someone posted this on the last thread, but I am not finding it yet.
It was this kind though-

Life_rafts_rental.jpg

Would very much like to hear the "Alright, Good Night" for voice inflection, tone, etc. Was there a pause between the "alright" and "good night" or were the words uttered together without a break? Was it flat? Without any intonation (flat) it would seem similar to being in a conversation with someone on the phone and suddenly the other party says they have to go, so your reply might be, "well, alright (if you have to we were having a conversation). good night". Or was it more like "(we're) alright! (have a) Good night!" spoken with some "life" to it.

MOO

gia2: As it was mentioned in this thread, I thought I'd link to this.
http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/5654...medium=twitter
The supposed poster for Malaysia airlines is fake.

yes, it is obviously fake/not a 777, as we've been looking at pics for over a week, sadly.

cariis: former Inspector General of the United States Department of Transportation.....

This lady is awesome tough cookie

She went on a rampage (good) years ago about counterfeit sub par airplane parts (black market) and made a diff!

And really important in the Value jet crash...

Her book, although now old was really neat.....

'Flying Blind, Flying Safe by Mary Schiavo'

thank you for this information. even being canadian, this looks like a very interesting book. will see if my local library can track it down for me.

What I was suggesting is that there was no need for hijackers on board, if something is pre-programmed or remote controlled. A range of people have access to the planes in maintenance, inspection, calibration and all manner of things I'd have no idea about. People who are plotting things look for this access, and act when ready.
Auto-pilot could have been reprogrammed while on the ground, but it would take a person/persons in the air to do the rest such as shut down the transponder and the ACARS system then activate auto-pilot.

Would very much like to hear the "Alright, Good Night" for voice inflection, tone, etc. Was there a pause between the "alright" and "good night" or were the words uttered together without a break? Was it flat? Without any intonation (flat) it would seem similar to being in a conversation with someone on the phone and suddenly the other party says they have to go, so your reply might be, "well, alright (if you have to we were having a conversation). good night". Or was it more like "(we're) alright! (have a) Good night!" spoken with some "life" to it.

MOO

I know panthera! I want to hear the voice recording myself and you guys :grouphug: and analyze the tone of the voice etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173