Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
A former NWA pilot was just speaking on CNN and part of what he said had to do with the purpose of a hijacking...mentioning (if it were retribution against Malaysia the target would have been) the Petronas Towers, as an example.

Just thought I'd mention this as several threads ago one of us mentioned them and posted photos.

:D

I will preface my comment here readily admitting that I believe there is no more than a 0.00001% probability of a connection here, but, I just wanted to get this off of my mind so it would stop niggling in my brain!!

One of the cases that I have been most befuddled with is the murder of the al Hilli family in the French Alps a year and a half ago. Said al Hilli was an engineer working for some type of satellite/communications company in London. He was of Iranian descent.

I am really wondering whether the disappearance of MH370 is related to some kind of hacking/remote control of navigational systems (aided by a party on board) by a hostile government our group. Is this a trial run for phase 2? Whether there is any relationship to the other mystery that is bothering me, I still end up with the thought that there had to be something 'of value' to the perpetrators. (I don't think it was a lone, disgruntled person.) What would be of value?

1) The plane for its technological value. Doesn't practically every formal government have access to this kind of plane?

2) The plane for it's ability to be used as a 'weapon'. This would likely be a terrorist or splinter group most likely. In this case they could be testing out a scenario to be carried out on a larger scale at a later date or reserving the plane for use at a later date.

3) person or persons on board with a special 'talent'. We will have to wait on this one.

Pardon the rambling thoughts. I am soooo concerned for the families. I can't imagine what they are going though.

Any other thoughts?

ETA: I really should preview my posts before I post them! I was rushing off to serve dinner and later noticed my faulty editing....two #3's!

I have been following the Al Hilli case and just recently, it has been discovered, that most likely, the real target was the bicyclist, and not the al Hilli family. They might have been innocent collateral damage, sadly enough.

But the voice transmission was not at 1:20am according to your own post earlier. It was at 1:30am and the transponder was turned off at 1:21am.. Correct?

(See my post previously)

I never said the voice transmission to Malaysia was at 1:30. That would have been after control was supposed to be handed over to VN. I believe the 1:30 transmission was the plane to plane contact initiated by VN after the plane failed to show up on their radar.

1:07 - ACARS turned off

1:20 - All right, good night

1:21 - Transponder turned off

1:30 - Other plane attempts contact, receives muffled response

Don't know much about transmitters but after the transmitters were deactivated could someone have sent a signal from the plane that they were a flight that was scheduled but did not exist to get to their destination.

I'm thinking if there were actually no x-ray scanning for this flight could hijackers have gotten in through the cargo area and then up into the plane from there? That would involve a lot more people than just the pilot. jmo

Ahhhh I've been so sad, I thought the thread got pulled and locked. Now that I've found it again, time to catch up. Maybe it's easier to spot that it moved on the website, not so much on Tapatalk. Lol.

Absolutely. The ACARS and the transponder are two different things. The ACARS was shut down at 1:07. The voice transmission was at 1:20. The transponder was shut down at 1:21, as the plane left Malaysian airspace. That's what I've been saying all along.

this is what everyone is reporting, so I don't know what the mix up is about....

so yes one communication was turned of before they said "all right, good night"........so we are back to one of the pilots spoke with or without a threat to them, or the plane had been taken over by now...which I don't buy since everything was calm......the transponder was turned off in between switching to Vietnamese ATC...

An anonymous Iranian told the Persian service on Monday in a phone interview from Malaysia that he met a friend he knew from high school, believed to be Mr Mehrdad, when the latter arrived in the South-east Asian country. "I met him the first day he arrived in Malaysia... he said he was staying for three to four days but was eventually going to Germany, that his final destination was Frankfurt in Germany. He stayed for almost a week in Malaysia." he said

http://www.straitstimes.com/breakin...lane-iranian-fake-passport-was-my-high-school

Why did they stay a week? When did they get those "cheap tickets"?

I can see them staying for a couple more days if they can get cheaper tickets. Unless they are rich, it can make a huge difference financially. If they are heading to a new country they will need a bit of a nest egg since there won't be any guarantee that they will have an income anytime soon.

I either heard or read that there was not a request for these Pilots to fly together on this trip. So I'm not leaning toward both being involved. Perhaps the "struggle" in the cockpit was between these two when the co-pilot realized what was happening. It makes sense to me that if indeed the Pilot is involved there were others posing as passengers. IMO.

If its a hijack scenario, then the passengers HAVE to have had some value to the hijackers, because if it were just for the aircraft, well, as Snoopster said above, almost anyone in the world can get hold of a 777 - and any other large aircraft for that matter - and it would be a hell of a lot easier to hijack a cargo plane or any other non-pax airliner (or indeed just steal one) than conduct an elaborate plan like this to hijack one just for the sake of an aircraft.

TRUE. Which points me back at the pilot/co-pilot again.

I think determining who said "Alright, Good Night!" is very crucial. The transponder was turned off before that was uttered so unless both pilots were ok with turning it off, whomever said that was most likely in control unless a terrorist was involved. And some of the "experts" on CNN said that you can't turn off the transponder and not know it. It will let you know by flashing a lot of data, warnings on the screens just to the right of the pilot. Last night at the PC it seemed they were leaning towards the pilots not a suspicious passenger terrorist.

Apologies if this has already been posted. I am new, hi everyone! and have been following the discussion from the start. It really is baffling how this plane has disappeared ....I pray the families get some answers soon.

I remember reading in a post earlier, that the words "alright good night" is not standard protocol. Could the pilot have been trying to relay in code that the plane was under control by a third party? I feel like the pilot is a scapegoat due to the lack of answers.

MOO

I never said the voice transmission to Malaysia was at 1:30. That would have been after control was supposed to be handed over to VN. I believe the 1:30 transmission was the plane to plane contact initiated by VN after the plane failed to show up on their radar.

1:07 - ACARS turned off

1:20 - All right, good night

1:21 - Transponder turned off

1:30 - Other plane attempts contact, receives muffled response
The article stated the Malaysia Airlines said it was the voice transmission so I don't understand the discrepancy. Where are you finding the 1:20am response time?

Malaysia Airlines has previously said that the last voice communication with the plane came around 1:30 a.m. Mr. Hishammuddin was not asked and did not say whether that communication came after the disabling of the transponder as well as of ACARS.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/17/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-flight.html

I thought it was helpful:

Another clue is that part of the Boeing 777's Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS) was shut off.

The system, which has two parts, is used to send short messages via a satellite or VHF radio to the airline's home base. The information part of the system was shut down, but not the transmission part. In most planes, the information part of the system can be shut down by hitting cockpit switches in sequence in order to get to a computer screen where an option must be selected using a keypad, said Goglia, an expert on aircraft maintenance.

That's also something a pilot would know how to do, but that could also be discovered through research, he said.

But to turn off the other part of the ACARS, it would be necessary to go to an electronics bay beneath the cockpit. That's something a pilot wouldn't normally know how to do, Goglia said, and it wasn't done in the case of the Malaysia plane. Thus, the ACARS transmitter continued to send out blips that were recorded by the Inmarsat satellite once an hour for four to five hours after the transponder was turned off. The blips don't contain any messages or data, but the satellite can tell in a very broad way what region the blips are coming from and adjusts the angle of its antenna to be ready to receive message in case the ACARS sends them. Investigators are now trying to use data

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/16/malaysia-airlines-takeover_n_4972889.html

I either heard or read that there was not a request for these Pilots to fly together on this trip. So I'm not leaning toward both being involved. Perhaps the "struggle" in the cockpit was between these two when the co-pilot realized what was happening. It makes sense to me that if indeed the Pilot is involved there were others posing as passengers. IMO.

Or, a struggle happened when the pilot realized what was happening.
We don't know the pilot did this. Or either of them, at this point. Sigh.

Apologies if this has already been posted. I am new, hi everyone! and have been following the discussion from the start. It really is baffling how this plane has disappeared ....I pray the families get some answers soon.

I remember reading in a post earlier, that the words "alright good night" is not standard protocol. Could the pilot have been trying to relay in code that the plane was under control by a third party? I feel like the pilot is a scapegoat due to the lack of answers.

MOO

:wagon: JustAMunch :wave:

MOO

:Welcome1:

I have been following the Al Hilli case and just recently, it has been discovered, that most likely, the real target was the bicyclist, and not the al Hilli family. They might have been innocent collateral damage, sadly enough.

I was always concerned that they dismissed the possibility that the target was Mollier, however, the latest developments (arrest and then release of the 'motorcycle suspect') far from confirms that Mollier was the target. Of course this discussion is best done over in that thread! I agree with your concerns though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oiueroiuweoiruoiwueroiuwe