Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like they are searching everywhere....

http://www.click2houston.com/news/search-resumes-for-mystery-malaysia-airlines-flight/25084304

Countries from central Asia to Australia continue to search for the plane along an arc drawn by authorities based on satellite pings received from the plane for hours after it vanished. One of those arcs tracks the southern Indian Ocean zone that's the focus of current attention.

The other tracks over parts of Cambodia, Laos, China and into Kazakhstan, where authorities said Thursday they had found no trace of the plane.

Hishammuddin said Friday that Malaysian authorities were awaiting permission from Kazakhstan's government to use the country as a staging area for the northern corridor search.

That clearly signals that Malaysian authorities are not ready to give up on the possibility the plane could still be found far from the focus of current search efforts.

"Obviously, the search now has taken a global perspective," Hishammuddin said.

VERY STRANGE. So let's see, they had 4 days to review the satellite images that Australia gave them. THe question is - did Australia give them the "classified" images or the "unclassified" images?

If they were the "unclassified" images, then perhaps after 4 days of review, Malaysia still couldn't determine what the heck was in the images.

If they were the "classified" images, then they would have a much clearer picture of what the objects might be.

IMO the request for staging in Kazakhstan has a lot more to do with its' neighbors than its' proximity to oceans for searching.

I have a new silly Theory....

What if Malaysia was involved and swiched out pilots (or forced pilots to do what they say) before they took off and just flew the plane to a landing strip that only they know about. Not sure why they would do it, but something about the way they have been handling all the briefings has me worried they know what happened.

Hey, if they're now looking for wreckage southwest of Australia, any theory is a go...

less than 1m ago
The Telegraph is reporting that it has obtained a transcript of the last 54 minutes of communication between Flight MH370 and ground control. It reports:

The first was a message delivered by the cockpit at 1.07am, saying that the plane was flying at a cruising altitude of 35,000 feet. This message was unnecessary as it repeated a call that had already been delivered six minutes earlier.

Although it does then quote a former British Airways pilot saying that the repeated message was not in itself suspicious.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/21/mh370-search-for-missing-plane-resumes-at-daybreak-live

The aircraft could fly to its destination and even land on autopilot but the cabin crew are trained to communicate with the flight crew at least every 20 minutes to ensure that neither of them are ill or incapacitated. Procedures are in place to gain access to the flight deck if necessary, for example in the event of no response.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/21/mh370-search-for-missing-plane-resumes-at-daybreak-live

The images were taken by WorldView-2, which is owned by US satellite company DigitalGlobe.

WorldView-2 takes a new image of any place on earth every 1.1 days (one day, two hours and 24 minutes).

VERY STRANGE. So let's see, they had 4 days to review the satellite images that Australia gave them. THe question is - did Australia give them the "classified" images or the "unclassified" images?

If they were the "unclassified" images, then perhaps after 4 days of review, Malaysia still couldn't determine what the heck was in the images.

If they were the "classified" images, then they would have a much clearer picture of what the objects might be.

Did new images from Australia surface? As far as I know they were from US based company digital globe. Australian pressers have left that bit out :(

Thank you Pocoloco! :seeya:

I am stunned...

May I ask a few questions?

what is the date of these google images (originally)

I cannot see the objects... As my eyes are definitely letting me know that I need to see an optometrist... But can others see the objects on these images?

Because... If these images of the objects were taken BEFORE March 7th ( when the plane disappeared...) ...

then I am absolutely gobsmacked... :gasp:

I didn't check the date unfortunately and I'm at work now so I don't have my laptop with me.
But if you have Google Earth and want to know the date of the image you are looking at, Check out this link, it will explain how to do it.
How to find Google Earth image date

less than 1m ago
The Telegraph is reporting that it has obtained a transcript of the last 54 minutes of communication between Flight MH370 and ground control. It reports:

The first was a message delivered by the cockpit at 1.07am, saying that the plane was flying at a cruising altitude of 35,000 feet. This message was unnecessary as it repeated a call that had already been delivered six minutes earlier.

Although it does then quote a former British Airways pilot saying that the repeated message was not in itself suspicious.

Wow good job The Telegraph - how did they pull this off?

China, Japan and Britain Join Search for Missing Jet in Indian Ocean

This should be interesting because China and Japan are locked in a dispute over islands in the East China Sea but their forces will work together with the US and Australia.

In a more somber note:

Hishammuddin Hussein, the defense minister of Malaysia, which is in charge of the overall search, said it was “very, very” difficult to talk with waiting families about the possibility that the 227 passengers and 12 crew members had died. Their most important question — where are their loved ones? — cannot be answered, he said at a news conference Friday near Kuala Lumpur International Airport.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/22/world/asia/missing-malaysia-flight.html?_r=0

Did new images from Australia surface? As far as I know they were from US based company digital globe. Australian pressers have left that bit out :(

During the press conference, I remember the guy said they first discovered the objects from satelite images. THEN they asked commercial satellites and other satellites for more images. I think THIS is where the Digital globe company comes in.

I am not sure on this, but that is what I remember from the presser.

I don't think they want to admit where exactly the original images came from due to security concerns.

JMO.

I think after you write a post, for a little while it has Edit in case you need to edit your post. Then eventually the edit goes away and it goes back to quote.

Thanks, :wave:

Jon Ostrower ‏@jonostrower 5m

Careful folks, talking about the 777's wingspan and the size of its wings are two different things. Remember Pythagoras. #MH370

During the press conference, I remember the guy said they first discovered the objects from satelite images. THEN they asked commercial satellites and other satellites for more images. I think THIS is where the Digital globe company comes in.

I don't think they want to admit where exactly the original images came from due to security concerns.

JMO.

The images aren’t definitive. They came from a DigitalGlobe satellite that can look left or right, but which gets lower quality images the father to the side it looks.

The satellites aren’t like the all-powerful ones in the movies that can, say, read a license plate from space. The images appear to be little more than smudges to the untrained eye, and need experts to interpret them. One thing experts look for are reflections, which can help indicate whether a smudge is an object or just water movement.

Australian authorities have redirected other commercial satellites to the area to take higher resolution images, which may provide more answers.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014...lite-images-binoculars-search-for-flight-370/

JMO.

According to what I read on Tomnod; which I'm pretty sure I posted 2 threads back; they turned them in Sunday. Sounds like their images being turned in got Australia to look at their own; otherwise it would have happened sooner IMO if it was the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph