NH NH - Elizabeth Marriott, 19, Durham, 9 Oct 2012 - # 8 *S. Mazzaglia guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see that most people on here believe that she was strangled by a rope. Aside from KM's testimony that there were ropes involved, has there been any proof? Did they find ropes either in the apartment or in the dumpster, or anywhere that appeared to be tied around Lizzi's neck? I am just asking, I have not watched every day and don't know.

Annie - I do not believe they found rope that Lizzie was strangled with, but there was much evidence they were not able to recover because Seth and Lizzi disposed of it in various dumpsters along their 2 hour walk, and threw some over a bridge into the water. And the police did not really start investigating until a couple days after the murder because they really didnt know she was missing yet - so some of the evidence was already gone.

Its largely circumstantial, but theres also Kats testimony which is direct evidence - she was the only eye witness. Some dont believe anything she said, but I tend to believe her story on the main points. I think she minimized her own involvement and knowledge in advance of what might happen - but the physical evidence and the other witness testimony, including what Seth told others, indicates that Seth strangled her with a rope IMO

That is not even a "live" Seth overlay.
Notice he is not blinking (which he does a LOT!)

Not to be morbid, but I wish we were able to see/hear this.
Important testimony IMO.

WMUR is buffering quite a bit for me. What other links are y'all finding best for feed?

TIA

'Blood around the mouth and nose' in current example - investigators found red stained tissue in the dumpster with the gloves.

Interesting how they are going about this to get an ME opinion without a body.

State:

Witnesses Descriptions of Body-

Face swollen, as well as red or purple
Rest of body, pale
Line across victim's neck
Mark indented across t skin

Witness:

Yes, Death is Consistent w/Ligature Strangulation

Very important testimony right here

Witness descriptions are very consistent with ligature strangulation homicide and not consistent with smothering. Bags tied to head and neck after the fact change nothing.

I wonder if they tested the red stained tissues for DNA?

'Blood around the mouth and nose' in current example - investigators found red stained tissue in the dumpster with the gloves.

None of the forensics that testified said they did tests on the kleenex. Would have been good to know whose it was.

Well, during lunch think I'll venture over and watch the prosecutions opening statements again at
watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XajTEW95y8

Annie - I do not believe they found rope that Lizzie was strangled with, but there was much evidence they were not able to recover because Seth and Lizzi disposed of it in various dumpsters along their 2 hour walk, and threw some over a bridge into the water. And the police did not really start investigating until a couple days after the murder because they really didnt know she was missing yet - so some of the evidence was already gone.

Its largely circumstantial, but theres also Kats testimony which is direct evidence - she was the only eye witness. Some dont believe anything she said, but I tend to believe her story on the main points. I think she minimized her own involvement and knowledge in advance of what might happen - but the physical evidence and the other witness testimony, including what Seth told others, indicates that Seth strangled her with a rope IMO

I appreciate your response here but disagree with your findings. They are using the words and stories of known liars to determine method of death. While just questioning this ME, the state is describing "lay persons" descriptions and asking for a cause. None of the four people who were in that apartment have come clean with what actually happened.

I cannot believe one word KM says, I do not believe all the tall tales SM has told to anyone and everyone. All of their testimony is tainted to protect themselves and cannot be relied on, imo.

Did you see how fast Paul changed his story under cross from SM using the boxcutter to remove the bags to him ripping them off with his hands? This indicates to me that he is lying. These were Hanniford grocery bags and to have them tied exactly in the same place as the mark on her neck is unlikely unless they caused the marks.

When you think about how difficult it is to try a homicide case with no body -youve got to admit the state is doing a pretty good job here. Especially considering all the different lies that were initially told and also considering the fact that the main part of Seths interrogations have been suppressed.

I think they have done a very good job with what they have IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member