The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 26th June - Trial Day 11, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · now

Byrne says Gerard wanted to tell Toni he was sorry for the way things ended. They met for coffee. #badenclay

Byrne says after that, Gerard and Toni "continued to have some contact". #badenclay

Just lucky I'm not on the jury at this point. The only thing I'd be questioning are his scratches.

The scratches, the blood in the car, his contradictions of what happened, and telling TM in email the July 1 date - all of those would have to be sufficiently explained if I were a juror. When I put them together, it leads to one conclusion for me.

I'm really glad you aren't afraid to state your opinion! :highfive: It keeps me from being lazy and makes me think. That's a good thing. :hug:

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 24s
Allison laid down ground rules: no contact with Toni #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 32s
Allison didn't tell family and friends - #badenclay

WHICH he immediately broke. He must have been REAL sorry.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 41s
He thought the business was improving. Traded down from Lexus to Captiva - defence #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
He said it wasn't her fault. They continued to have some contact - defence #badenclay

Will he hand out business cards to the jury at the end!!!

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 10s

Byrne says Gerard downsized his car and sublet part of the office. Allison came to work in the business. #badenclay

12:54pm: Mr Byrne has detailed the day Mrs Baden-Clay confronted his client about his affair with Ms McHugh.

He said Mrs Baden-Clay called Mr Baden-Clay and asked to meet outside Indooroopilly McDonalds.

They met in separate cars in the car park. Mr Baden-Clay sat in the passenger seat of his wife's car.

There, Mrs Baden-Clay asked her husband: "Are you having an affair."

Mr Baden-Clay confessed.

Mrs Baden-Clay stepped out of the car and sat on the curb. She was quiet. That was her reaction. She said their marriage could continue, but only under a number of conditions, the first being that Ms McHugh could not work at the real estate agency any more.

"He knew, and he always knew, he wanted to be with Allison and the girls," Mr Byrne said of his client.

"He said he would speak to Toni immediately and tell her of that news."

The court has previously heard Mr Baden-Clay asked Ms McHugh to resign later that day.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-11-week-3-20140626-3aumz.html#ixzz35i6MithO

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 16s

Byrne says Gerard believed he and Allison were making strategic decisions together on the future of the business. #badenclay

Byrne says Gerard approached Dr Bruce Flegg for money and Flegg said he didn't have the money but to ask again. #badenclay

Allison started working in the business - defence #badenclay

He thought the business was improving. Traded down from Lexus to Captiva - defence #badenclay

Is Mr Byrne prefacing all of this with "Gerard will tell you..."?

If so, please sod off, and let him tell us.

I appreciate your opinion and it is always good to have someone in here with an opposing view but I am interested to hear what your thoughts are on his suspicious behaviour or what your thoughts are to what happened to her if in fact GBC did not have anything at all to do with this - do you think it was suicide or foul play and if it was foul play - who do you suppose did it given that she really did keep to herself and no one else apart fro TM or GBC had any reason or motive to get rid of her?

I'm not saying he didn't do it, I am on the fence. Cause of death hasn't been given, the botanist was thorough but that doesn't point to foul play imo.
I'm just saying that comments here are quite snarky and that doesn't really leave a lot of room for having an open mind.

Prosecutors Todd Fuller QC and Danny Boyle busily taking notes as Michael Byrne QC outlines defence case #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 11s

Byrne says Gerard was still optimistic. He was confident he could borrow money in time. #badenclay

Byrne says Allison had the password for Gerard's phone, would check his messages, calls and emails every day. #badenclay

Is Mr Byrne prefacing all of this with "Gerard will tell you..."?

If so, please sod off, and let him tell us.

As Alioop said the defence is buying time for the prosecution. The longer this takes the more chance that the prosecution will have three days to prepare for the cross examination.

Leonie Mellor ‏@leoniemellor 1m

Byrne: Gerard "had ambitions" wanted more than one agency. Needed to expand. Took on partners. @abcnews #badenclay

Byrne says G #badenclay had an affair with Michelle Hammond, wasn't proud of himself "in fact he was ashamed of himself". @abcnews

Oh please. So ashamed he did it again and again.

“Professionally things continued on the up. On the home front, they did not. Gerard will tell you he’d been counselling some of his own staff, as a manager often does, about their own problems and their own relationships and personal issues.'

hahahahah this has had me helplessly laughing.. I hope to god none of them actually took his advice..

* still snorting* .. whatta prince!!... lmao

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 4s

Byrne says Allison would take Gerard's phone when he got home and would give it back in the morning. #badenclay

We're breaking for lunch. #badenclay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member