GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you really suggesting it's possible to accidentally put kid in car and accidentally buckle him in?

but I'll answer your q. intentional or negligent. never accident

Most accidents in general are negligence. It is still an accident though because it was not planned or intended.

Their friendship ended in 2010. I feel sorry for Ben and I know he is horrified, but I also think he is milking this for all it is worth and acting a little too over-the-top. I wouldn't be surprised if he has rejection issues. For someone who is no longer friends with RH, it doesn't make sense to pretend like it was a personal betrayal. Whatever betrayal happened then happened back in 2010.

JMO. Of course.

He was best friends with the guy for years and felt he knew him. I can see how this would feel like a personal betrayal, especially if he was initially horrified and grief-stricken for Ross, thinking it was an accident.

I;m glad someone who knows this family is telling the truth and not drinking the Koolaid.

I sometimes miss turns when driving because I'm on "autopilot" and end up driving to a place l go to more often, so I can believe him driving to work by mistake. However, I have a difficult time believing he didn't see Cooper when he backed up in the parking lot or hear Cooper while sitting in the car for 30 seconds once he parked. My daughter talked, sang, babbled or just made weird noise constantly at two years old.

Autopilot 30 seconds after strapping your kid into the car? The one who was playful and chatty in the restaurant 30 second before you forgot?

Anyhow, daycare was the place he went to first, the most often on weekdays.

And I agree with you that the kid would be far too chatty to forget in two minutes.

I'm sorry.... maybe it's the nurse in me, but penises are not pretty. I'm not the least bit aroused or romanced by seeing a photo of one. I've actually always thought it comical to see my husband walk around the bedroom with it "at attention." Who in the HECK would pay MONEY to see a photo of one?!??!!????

You'd have to be hard up to need to see that, pun intended.

ETA: I'm not a prude... please don't feel sorry for my husband. I just prefer the USE of the appendage over it's cosmetic value. :wink:

You can't imagine how much this made me laugh!!! I thi9nk it;s only gay men who enjoy swapping penis pictures.

I understand that's refreshing and I am sure there are many more who are offering their testimonies to LE and lawyers but this is grossly exaggerated. He's been on numerous TV shows, national newspapers, special NYT photo ops, etc. I don't trust the motives of spotlight-seekers.

I think it's probably the media seeking him. That's usually how it works. He's willing to talk. And he has interesting things to say. So, they are chomping at the bit to speak with him.

I understand the autopilot, been there done that :crazy:, but his routine was taking Cooper to daycare, that is his auto pilot (hope that makes sense) ;)

According to Stoddard, he took Cooper to daycare 6 of the last 9 times, with his wife taking him the other three times. No telling (yet) how many times he stopped at Chik-Fil-A first during that same period, if at all. It was said at the hearing that it was a 2-3 times a month thing iirc. I could be off on the 2-3, but not by much. It was no more than 4 times per month. And defense counsel hinted that the defendant went there by himself AFTER dropping Cooper off at daycare with some frequency. So I think what the "routine" is is still kind of up in the air. jmo

I believe that Chik-Fil-A was some kind of sick "last meal" for Cooper provided by RH and a goodbye.

I really believe that.

So was the kiss. The Judas Kiss.

I couldn't find the exact one I ordered but this one is pretty much the same thing:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/cr/B000IE0EZO/ref=mw_dp_cr

It fits on your keychain so you can have it handy at all times while out and about. There are also various other tools similar to this one on Amazon.

I just told my son I wanted one, I figured he would ask me 100000 questions why and he says he has one on his work keychain, he can cut the seatbelt or break window. Rescue me is the name he called it.

Thanks so much, that's a neat thing to have if you were trapped in a car too.

Duh just read the amazon link that is the res q me thingie and that is why it is bought, if you are trapped in a car. I think I should go to bed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe he's just going out of his way to distance himself from them since they were so close for such a long time! If it were me I'd be telling everyone I could how horrified I was, how I didn't support them at all and that our friendship had ended a few years ago! I think it's refreshing to see someone who grew up with JRH, introduced LH to him and was in their wedding speak out against them!

Raincheck, you are a nice person. I don't believe for a second you would do what this man is doing to draw attention to himself. Maybe you would speak to a local paper to distance yourself from the friendship, but that is very different from what's happening here.

The truth is that no one in Tuscaloosa gives a flying hoot if he was RH's friend or if he grew up with him or whatever- lots of people knew RH and were his "friends". No one cares who introduced RH and LH. No one cares who was in their wedding. No one is glaring at RH's friends for the fact that they didn't know him as well as they thought. None of this has anything to do with Cooper. It's just a cowpatty-tossing party.

Some of RH's friends are speaking honestly to the press but NONE of them is doing it in this pompous, self-aggrandizing fashion.

Ironically, McRea said, he and and the Harrises fell out of friendship because of cheating. A mutual friend had been cheating on her husband, also a friend of theirs, and McRea knew. Leanna wanted him to tell the friend, but he didn't. They stopped being close around the fall of 2010.

Just realize the same McRea that wouldn't tell a close friend that his wife was cheating on him is now on the national news throwing a pity party for himself about how RH is a monster. With friends like this, who needs enemies?

(Can I also add that it bothers me that LH was more ethical than McRea about the cheating? Seriously? Yabbadabbadoo. Yikes.)

the pedi?

That pedicure comment is very interesting. If true that LH went to a spa and had a pedicure the night before Cooper's funeral, laughing on the cell phone it would be noted by LE. I believe they were tailing her. So LE has already interviewed her and she has made a few visits to the jail. Perhaps she is already cooperating with investigators.

According to Stoddard, he took Cooper to daycare 6 of the last 9 times, with his wife taking him the other three times. No telling (yet) how many times he stopped at Chik-Fil-A first during that same period, if at all. It was said at the hearing that it was a 2-3 times a month thing iirc. I could be off on the 2-3, but not by much. It was no more than 4 times per month. And defense counsel hinted that the defendant went there by himself AFTER dropping Cooper off at daycare with some frequency. So I think what the "routine" is is still kind of up in the air. jmo

Actually, he said it was a routine 2-3 times a month with Cooper. Ross also told him (from the hearing information) that he went by himself OCCASIONALLY after he dropped Cooper off, but not frequently. Straight from his own mouth.

Actually, he said it was a routine 2-3 times a month with Cooper. Ross also told him (from the hearing information) that he went by himself OCCASIONALLY after he dropped Cooper off, but not frequently. Straight from his own mouth.

Yeah??? That's exactly what I said - without calling something done 2-3 times a month a "routine."

That pedicure comment is very interesting. If true that LH went to a spa and had a pedicure the night before Cooper's funeral, laughing on the cell phone it would be noted by LE. I believe they were tailing her. So LE has already interviewed her and she has made a few visits to the jail. Perhaps she is already cooperating with investigators.

I helped a best friend with her brother's funeral a few months ago. She adored this man. Buuuuuuuuuuut, she did get a pedicure two days before the funeral. I didn't ask her if it was routine- a southern girl thing, you know.

And we did drink some beers and laugh and go listen to a band the night after the funeral. I don't think for one second that she didn't love her brother, but I think that nobody survives or leaves the house when their grief is at its most acute. It comes in waves- and when it comes, it strangles.

Note to self: Do self-pedis away from prying eyes before attending funerals of family or friends. Be afraid. Be very afraid. Every move you make, they'll be watching you...

the pedi?

Yes... I believe it's true, what the client said; but wouldn't Leanna be aware that it's a small town and word would get out? Would this be before or after she was under public scrutiny?

I helped a best friend with her brother's funeral a few months ago. She adored this man. Buuuuuuuuuuut, she did get a pedicure two days before the funeral. I didn't ask her if it was routine- a southern girl thing, you know.

And we did drink some beers and laugh and go listen to a band the night after the funeral. I don't think for one second that she didn't love her brother, but I think that nobody survives or leaves the house when their grief is at its most acute. It comes in waves- and when it comes, it strangles.

Note to self: Do self-pedis away from prying eyes before attending funerals of family or friends. Be afraid. Be very afraid. Every move you make, they'll be watching you...

Well, Patsy Ramsey did have an outfit fashioned for her that resembled Jackie Kennedy's funeral suit and requested a similar hat. I found that disgusting too. I have buried many family members, unfortunately and didn't give a rat's butt about my nails, outfit or anything else. To bury a brother is devastating, I have buried two. But to bury your child? I guess I should just keep my opinions to myself.

Some legal experts said the intense interest in this case may mean it will never go to trial in Cobb County.

After Marietta police heard reports that Ross Harris' lawyer received death threats they had a detective contact the office only to be told they'd received many less than complimentary messages, but no actual threats of violence.

At the jail, the Cobb County Sheriff's Office handled questions about reports other inmates had beaten up Ross Harris, or that he'd been sequestered in the jail's mental health ward -- both a spokesperson said were not true.

The police have handled a constant stream of questions whether Harris' wife Leanna had been arrested or would be charged.

Former prosecutor and now-defense attorney Joel Pugh told Channel 2’s Ross Cavitt all of the speculation and false reporting makes it hard for both Harris' attorneys and prosecutors to get a fair trial.

“It’s so difficult for prospective jurors to determine what the truth is and what the truth isn't and to find a jury pool that could listen to the case and hasn't already formed an opinion on this,” Pugh said.

From "Police squash rumors in Justin Ross Harris case" at http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/police-squash-rumors-justin-ross-harris-case/ngddh/

Does anyone have any theories on whether the prosecution or defense would most benefit from a change of venue or court? Just curious.

Atlantans? What are your thoughts? How is the Marietta judge on death penalty cases?

Yes... I believe it's true, what the client said; but wouldn't Leanna be aware that it's a small town and word would get out? Would this be before or after she was under public scrutiny?

It's impossible to know for certain. The problem is the context. If LH was laughing at an aunt who was trying to cheer her up over the phone, the context would make the laugh sensible. If she was laughing at a friend urging her to go out and "get her some", the context would make LH's laugh seem very crude and disgusting. Without context, we can't take a laugh to mean anything at all.

People laugh to be polite. They laugh to be fake. They laugh to be sarcastic. They laugh to be friendly. They laugh to be reassuring. They laugh to be flirtatious. They laugh to get attention. It's hard to say which happened when we are dealing with out-of-context hearsay.

Well, Patsy Ramsey did have an outfit fashioned for her that resembled Jackie Kennedy's funeral suit and requested a similar hat. I found that disgusting too. I have buried many family members, unfortunately and didn't give a rat's butt about my nails, outfit or anything else. To bury a brother is devastating, I have buried two. But to bury your child? I guess I should just keep my opinions to myself.

I can't imagine doing that when your child is going to be buried. Strange part about this, she looks like she would do that, seems to fit with her demeanor.

After the Last Supper (at CFA)...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The last supper and the Judas kiss, I had been thinking about that for days, but was afraid to say anything. But that is exactly how I see it.

BINGO! :p I read someplace, and I really wish I knew where it was so I can give the link, but JRH, in so many words, said that he wished there was a way to create a silence button for kids. This tells me that Cooper is a lively, chatty boy, especially if he just had time with his daddy at Chick-fli-A.. So, once again I do not believe Cooper was sleeping..

At the time he said that Cooper would not have been talking, I think he was referring to him waking up in the middle of the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SLEUTHER TRAE PGH