GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious how Gold Crown Road came up as a possibility in discussion? I've actually never heard of it (and now that I've googled it, we need to plan an exhibition to go check it out!)

It is more hidden or "off the beaten path", has a lot of mines in that area, is closer to where there have been some reported sightings of searches, is closer to where her car was located and doesn't have cameras at that entrance to JTNP.

I originally thought he could have walked back on base but now that I see the base is surrounded by barbed wire, I don't think so.

I mentioned several days ago that he could have left the base for a jog and returned back through the gates following his jog and it wouldn't look suspicious (unless no one jogs off of the base?) A possibility.

Question....

are we now permitted to discuss/quote Scanner post upstairs?

TIA

I don't think so. The scanner quotes that are upthread were transcribed from information available through MSM, released by LE, I believe. I think that is ok (though I have been known to be wrong on these topics on occasion. lol)

Since reading the last few posts about the MSM scanner reports and Nora's subsequent follow-ups regarding the location/manner in which the car was found, I'm thinking that whatever happened was coordinated and collusive. That is, of course, if this ends up being an affair with a married marine and not a random "chase, snatch, and grab".

I am leaning away from something random happening at 7am on a Saturday. If it was coordinated she could be *anywhere* in that great big desert. There are mines in the mountains outside of JTNP and just miles and miles and miles of nothingness. Not that the perp would know how much time he had to commit the crime but, it is safe to say, he had multiple hours to drive in any direction and then return. I am really, really, really hoping that LE has some sort of solid leads as to where she may be and can say with confidence that she is within a relatively small and certain radius of where they are currently searching.

I don't think so. The scanner quotes that are upthread were transcribed from information available through MSM, released by LE, I believe. I think that is ok (though I have been known to be wrong on these topics on occasion. lol)

on my base it is uncommon for people to jog off/on, but maybe this one is different

I mentioned several days ago that he could have left the base for a jog and returned back through the gates following his jog and it wouldn't look suspicious (unless no one jogs off of the base?) A possibility.

So she would have had to be killed pretty quickly then Or else it would look strange for the jogger. She should not be too far away if that's the case. I still think she left the car and went with someone else fr there and intended to return. It's also possible that she had not planned on being gone with the person for too long so car would not be there too long. Remember the other person is also married. So maybe it was supposed to be a quick 30 mon and then she was to have returned. Who knows.

They could have moved the car I guess-but unless we are talking about multiple people (one helping) it gets too complicated with moving cars and jogging marines. IMO.

So she would have had to be killed pretty quickly then Or else it would look strange for the jogger. She should not be too far away if that's the case. I still think she left the car and went with someone else fr there and intended to return. It's also possible that she had not planned on being gone with the person for too long so car would not be there too long. Remember the other person is also married. So maybe it was supposed to be a quick 30 mon and then she was to have returned. Who knows.

They could have moved the car I guess-but unless we are talking about multiple people (one helping) it gets too complicated with moving cars and jogging marines. IMO.

I think she met up with her "friend" somewhere, possibly on base, friend got in her car and they went to JT. While there a crime of passion took place (or it possibly was planned) and friend left Erin in JT while friend took Erin's car and dumped it. From there friend walked/jogged to their own car...

There is no such thing as a voluntary miscarriage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plus, the jogger would need to have no blood, major scratches/bruises if jogging back on or they would look really suspicious

I'm faintly surprised that the military wouldn't have investigated an abandoned car sitting that close to the base.

Well it's a harsh desert environment, with paradoxically, a lot of people around, I am sure there are dozens of vehicles that would appear abandoned in the area at any time of day.

This is a reply to an earlier question from Voice. Sorry, new to this site!

I don't know exactly but approximately 20 minutes outside of 29 palms on Amboy road headed toward Amboy. They were on the right side of the road if you were headed toward Amboy. That was Thursday. We drove back on Friday and they were no longer there.

plus, the jogger would need to have no blood, major scratches/bruises if jogging back on or they would look really suspicious

Good point. Also if those gates are video monitored (and somewhere in this thread we discussed that but not sure where) someone jogging in but not out initially should be easy to spot on review. Another thought based on la2 cabos post-maybe she met her friend who jogged out to see her. That almost makes sense. Car not too far away from base so jog not too long so they have time together. Plus that makes the 7 am departure make more sense to me. Guessing something still has to happen quickly. Maybe while they are driving she tells him Abt pregnancy and he panicked. He kills her and leaves her. Drives back and leaves car where he met her and jogs back in.

This is a reply to an earlier question from Voice. Sorry, new to this site!

I don't know exactly but approximately 20 minutes outside of 29 palms on Amboy road headed toward Amboy. They were on the right side of the road if you were headed toward Amboy. That was Thursday. We drove back on Friday and they were no longer there.

That was probably Sheep Hole Pass.

Well it's a harsh desert environment, with paradoxically, a lot of people around, I am sure there are dozens of vehicles that would appear abandoned in the area at any time of day.

Dozens of cars abandoned on Valle Vista? Nope.

Some mines are mapped but there are 288 mines with 747 mine openings. Some are noticeable but many are not. From what I have read....most, if not all, need ropes and repelling equipment to enter and many, if not most, are too dangerous to go inside. The roads to a lot of the mines are also dangerous and most are for 4 wheel drive vehicles only (would be interesting to know what kind of car the alleged boyfriend drove.) Below is a link to some photos online that show an example of an area mine (picture #7) that would be very easy to conceal someone inside but very hard to access. Some of the mines are hundreds and hundreds of feet deep, too. I visited a website of a group of men who have visited mine locations throughout this region and documented their trips both inside and outside of the mines (they have the most comprehensive map I could find of where specifically a lot of mines are located in JTNP) and one of the 288 mines in the area took them all 8 hours to explore thoroughly. .....(snipped)

http://www.fourwheeler.com/events/1110-4wd-old-dale-mine-in-one-day/photo-gallery/#7

Back in the first thread, at some point it was mentioned that "cavers" had been called in by LE. That would probably be for the purpose of searching mines, I would guess.

Link: https://twitter.com/CaveRescue

Does anyone know if there were searches conducted in the desert near where her car was left?

As a point to consider -- and this is ALL SPECULATIVE as to the scenario, but -- *if* Erin was killed ... and *if* her body was dumped into a mine ... it could be difficult to prove "who" killed her (as a fall into a mine could cause injuries that could make it difficult to determine exactly what thing killed her and whether or not a human being administered it), and in fact only the placement of her car near the base would suggest she was killed and had not committed suicide or had an accident and jumped or fallen into the mine.

Does anyone know if there were searches conducted in the desert near where her car was left?

Her car was left in the middle of a series of roads that run between JT and the base with sporadic houses mixed in. I think the helicopter would have been able to spot anything in that area as it appears to be pretty flat and barren? The other search that was spotted by someone posting here sounds like it would be the nearest open space to search adjacent (east) to where her car was found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukeyboy43