GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I googled "manifesting exceptional depravity".... ..... ... what the hell did he do to her? And the specific dates of 2/9 - 2/13 ??"

MOO. I believe the dates refer to the timeframe in which Charli was killed, interred, dug-up and disposed. MOO
I don't think I want to know what "manifesting exceptional depravity" means if it goes beyond what I just wrote.

"I googled "manifesting exceptional depravity".... ..... ... what the hell did he do to her? And the specific dates of 2/9 - 2/13 ??"

MOO. I believe the dates refer to the timeframe in which Charli was killed, interred, dug-up and disposed. MOO
I don't think I want to know what "manifesting exceptional depravity" means if it goes beyond what I just wrote.

I think the exceptional depravity has to do with the thing that MPD said that Charli could not live without. (MPD had reclassified the case as a homicide and according to the Find Chari Scott FB page, officers told the family that they recovered something that Charli could not live without, but did not elaborate. We speculated about that a few pages back.) I've kept my worst speculation to myself and will wait until the trial to know what it is, out of respect for Charli's family.

In the book Death Penalty Cases: Leading U.S. Supreme Court Cases on Capital Punishment By Barry Latzer, there is a short definition of that phrase. "The murder was especially heinous, atrocious, or cruel, manifesting exceptional depravity. As used in this section, the phrase...means a conscienceless or pitiless crime that is unnecessarily torturous to the victim." (Page 432) BBM

That made it worse for me. Can't help thinking about what Charli went through on her last night. It's such a relief that this murderer is behind bars.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/...ant-woman-pleads-not-guilty-to-murder-charges

24-year-old Steven Capobianco quietly entered his not guilty plea during his appearance in Circuit Court Tuesday morning before Judge Joseph Cardoza...

Sources say Capobianco was involved in an altercation with a fellow MCCC inmate a few days ago. Capobianco, who was reportedly treated for a neck injury, was allegedly mistaken for someone else.

It was standing room only in Judge Cardoza's courtroom when Capobianco's case was called.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/cr...ant-woman-s-ex-boyfriend-indicted-5621692.php

Scott's relatives and friends sat in the courtroom gallery's front row. Some wore T-shirts with "Justice for Charli & Joshua" on the back, for Scott's nickname and the name she planned to give her son.

They declined to comment after the brief hearing, where no details about what happened to Scott were revealed. The prosecutor also declined to comment.

A jury trial date was set for Oct. 6, with a pretrial conference on Sept. 3.

Finally! Glad this dirtbag was arrested. Hoping for some justice, though nothing will bring her back. Prayers for her family.

The dates are very specific on the indictment. I too will keep speculation to myself. I pray that it is just legal gargle and the wording is generic, per-say.
If I'm not mistaken a grand jury is presented evidence in order to decide to go forward with the indictment or not.
It has been reported there is bone, a tooth, something that she could not live without that I assume has dna/forensic evidence. With that I would think the case against him has some solidity.

Interesting developments today. Two questions that I had in my mind were answered. I was wondering if he had confessed. The not guilty plea indicates that he did not. I was wondering why he was wearing a neck brace. Now we know that he was in an altercation with another inmate who'd mistaken him for someone else. I have to say, mistaken identity aside, that SC deserved to get his posterior kicked and whoever delivered the smack-down can take pride in that.:jail::great::slap:

as reported: "SC had an altercation not provoked by Capobianco with someone who had mistaken him for someone else."
NO WAY!!
"Mistaken identity" paalease. does not get your butt whooped in jail. I don't believe that for a second. The punishment for fighting is tough. He's a hairy sasquash right now. How many others have his look? He's been in jail for awhile and somebody all the sudden thinks he's someone else?? sorry for my rant. But this is a load of crap. He got his butt handed to him for being him. Maybe by someone who wanted to remind him he should keep his mouth shut about the info he has on his alleged drug dealings.

Also, his attorney could have pushed for the neck brace following the altercation for the purpose of his appearance on TV. Public perception to make him look weak and incapable of committing the crime.

as reported: "SC had an altercation not provoked by Capobianco with someone who had mistaken him for someone else."
NO WAY!!
"Mistaken identity" paalease. does not get your butt whooped in jail. I don't believe that for a second. The punishment for fighting is tough. He's a hairy sasquash right now. How many others have his look? He's been in jail for awhile and somebody all the sudden thinks he's someone else?? sorry for my rant. But this is a load of crap. He got his butt handed to him for being him. Maybe by someone who wanted to remind him he should keep his mouth shut about the info he has on his alleged drug dealings.
Those who hurt women and children aren't usually popular in prison either. Thats the first thing I thought of...someone smacked him around for that

I recall in the ID special the police said that they thought her deceased bc there was something she could not live without. Did she have some sort of medical condition (besides pregnancy) that they are referring to? Maybe some medication she needed?

about SC neck brace

heres a snip of really long article here http://www.mauinews.com/page/content.detail/id/587598/Life-without-parole-sought.html?nav=5161
"
His neck was injured in "an unprovoked inmate-on-inmate assault" Saturday at the jail, according to Toni Schwartz, public information officer for the state Department of Public Safety. She said Capobianco was mistaken for another inmate.Police said a 28-year-old Molokai inmate was seen running from his cell toward Capobianco, who was in the cafeteria sitting at a table and eating at 12:40 p.m. The inmate had another inmate's walking cane and used it to hit Capobianco, who fell to the ground and hit his head, police said.
Capobianco suffered a concussion and injury to his spine, police said.
The 28-year-old suspect was arrested and released pending further investigation of second-degree assault. Records show that he is serving a prison term for robbery and assault."

[h=1]"Discovery of Maui woman's jawbone led to murder charge"[/h]http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/breaking/20140716_Discovery_of_Maui_womans_jawbone_led_to_murder_charge.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname