SIDEBAR #25- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope now that she is representing herself the media will be all over the court to ask for the video ban to be lifted.

Perhaps KatieCoolLady can come outta retirement and post from woman's stall #2 during breaks!:happydance:

KCL will not be attending the trial or posting notes as of this date. It was really unhealthy for her and she has moved on with her life, fortunately.

Have a feeling this will turn into one hot mess. Having said that.....can't wait!:happydance:

The jury will already know this is just the sentencing phase that JA has been convicted of murdering Travis Alexander. So what will JM cover? We know it will be a mini version of the original trial. But there are things that will be omitted because proving guilt is not necessary. Essentially it's what does JA deserve for punishment.

I can see them going over the crime scene photos. I believe JM may keep it short because JA can't ask questions JM has not already asked in his questioning during the State's case. I also do not think she will last long on her own and I hope JSS nixes too many sidebars if the jury has to be going in and out all the time. My guess is JA will have to ask questions from behind the table so she has access to her attorneys.

Hopefully another one of our wonderful locals will be able to attend and give us updates.

Just watched Mike Galanos and Joey Jackson on HLN and Joey will be discussing further at 3pm ET. Calls at the 2pm hour into Mike's show as well.

Mr. Jackson, esq. said this could very well be a mockery and that she just very well may alienate the jury and they say "Death". Will be interesting to see...

LOL Oh yeah they did show video of our hero Juan questioning JA.. it was great!

KCL will not be attending the trial or posting notes as of this date. It was really unhealthy for her and she has moved on with her life, fortunately.

She really gave her all during this trial as did so many of you that was there. Then she would be here late in the night telling us all about it. I am glad to hear, that she is now doing for her.. She gave her heart to the Alexanders and to us.

Maybe Katydid might be there? Anyone know what her thoughts are? Maybe she'll tell us.

I wish the Judge would change her mind on media..at least have one camera to broadcast.

Dad Update:

Going on 14 days since my dad ate or drank, he's still in the hospital with "comfort care".
After my brother and I "Skyped" with him, about 12 days ago, he quit communicating, just shut down. He's no longer conscious.
He was denied Medicaid, they found assets and his boyfriend is refusing to sign them over. End care facilities run about $200 a day, and none of us have that. But it's good he's in the hospital, they're taking care of him and I don't have to worry about neglect.
I'm in a really good place mentally. Didn't think that would ever happen. Kind of amazed at what this journey called "Life" can be with all it's twists and turns.:loveyou:

Seriously think this fat mare is going to wait til September to have her baby. She's been pretty cranky lately, like those extra pounds and random movement in her belly are getting pretty old. My stud and her are glued at the hips now, major separation anxiety. I rode my stud around on the property today and she had a major conniption, "Oh no you don't, you're not leaving without me!" These two are bonded more than any other horses I've ever had.

Yes, I am almost positive they will allow this. The reason is of course to offer her an "unbias" view from the jurors. The court cannot force her to wear prison clothes because that could alter how the jurors see her.

I dont know from a legal perspective for sure, but i am pretty darn certain of this.

That's what I don't get,once found guilty that should be it for your rights,I think it is sad that these cray cray,limelight lovers, get to get in the face of the families,we're are there rights, I love that it is innocent till proven guilty,and all the rights and privileges of an innocent person,I really do, But makes me angry when they are guilty of a horrific crime like hers ,(this is no speeding ticket,) and get to prance around like a queen an intimidate innocent witnesses ,and put her murderous face into the family members and question them! Why do our courts give GUILTY people a stage to perform and harass the innocent,when the courts know this is how these criminals love to get there revenge on the families,and this is what is is all about for her,(sicko) I love our rights I do,but not for PEOPLE that were FOUND GUILTY,especially this crime,I would not want to be in court were this monster is not shackled!! They do escape!,,,

Hopefully another one of our wonderful locals will be able to attend and give us updates.

Pretty sure Jen (Trial Diary) will be there giving us the low down.:happydance:

Ok..going to tweet her and see what the "skinny" is!

She really gave her all during this trial as did so many of you that was there. Then she would be here late in the night telling us all about it. I am glad to hear, that she is now doing for her.. She gave her heart to the Alexanders and to us.

Maybe Katydid might be there? Anyone know what her thoughts are? Maybe she'll tell us.

I wish the Judge would change her mind on media..at least have one camera to broadcast.

PASHA may attend and post on here. Both she and KCL were very generous and supportive to the Alexanders. There is a group of trial watchers in Phoenix that have befriended the Alexanders and will be there in court with them daily I feel sure.

Have there been any JA hair donations or JA organized hair donations to date? TIA

:seeya: Nope !

:thinking: And may I add:

- Has JA opened her :jail: Library ?

- Has JA started teaching Language Classes ?

What else did I miss ?

Oh, wasn't there something about a "recycling program" in :jail: ?

:hilarious: Ya just can't make this stuff up !

Next hearing is scheduled for August 13th at 8:30am. Trial will begin September 8th, 2014, Judge Stephens won't allow any delays.
CMJA is already asking for "evidence" from the Mesa PD. :facepalm:

No "do-overs", Missy, you're playing with the "Big Boys" now!

"Epic"............that's the only word that comes to mind on how this is going to play out in court!

"Sidebar"

"Objection"

"Overruled"

​Just prepping for the inevitable! :floorlaugh:

I finally remembered who the other murderer was that represented himself: Rodney James ALCALA:

And Ted Bundy. Another highly intelligent psychopath.

Ted Bundy will always scare me-----to close for comfort on my part! After him and this other jerk you actually heard of crime in my neck of the woods--I also remember hanging out at Lake Sammamish---

:gaah: JA made it in the local newspaper down here.

Here's a quote from defense attorney Daniel Horowitz:

"It's actually probably a good idea to represent herself," said San Francisco-area defense attorney Daniel Horowitz. "She looks like a vicious psychopath with a ridiculous defense."

However, Horowitz noted, the jury "may find her pathetic."

"If she can get just one juror to bond with her on some level, even if they hate her, they're getting to know her, and it's harder to kill someone you know," he said.

Link: http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2014/08/convicted_murderer_jodi_arias.html#incart_river

:gaah:

She already did get one juror to bond--in fact wasn't it four???? :shame:

ata4erup.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads