Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is true but they had to have cause. They can not remove them for no reason. So something had to have given them cause.

Obviously they need cause. The point is, we have no idea what it was, how serious it was, if it was mandatory or optional, if it is temporary, who made the call etc. The Celis's got their kids back relatively quickly compared to what happens in most cases. A lot of people used the fact that the kids couldn't be around the father as proof of guilt, but obviously they thought it was fine to return the kids. It's just important to remember we don't have all the facts when it comes to CPS.

yes. And there are some beautiful ones. Some over 55 ones. It is just what they are called by not only the people in the area but the people who have a home in one.

That's interesting. I've never seen an area that only had "Trailer Park" in the names of all their parks and never had "Mobile Home Park" in any of the names. (I've also seen "Mobile Estates"...and some of those look the worst! lol) Maybe you're right about it being a regional thing then. Frankly, it sounds more like a LAW since not one community in your area has ever been named "Mobile Home Park"...but that would be even weirder! lol The world's a strange place. :)

Rest in peace little Jenise. Now you can play with all the other little angels up in Heaven. Gone too soon. :rose:

Totally disagree. I don't think it's necessary to walk home alone to turn into an independent adult! My 13-year-old has never walked alone, nor will she! I'm proud to be a helicopter parent rather than a free-range one! I know where my daughter is at all times, and she is safe and alive!!!!

Just bouncing off your post, LinasK

There are so many different parenting styles, I am not a parent but I can tell that we have many wonderful parents here on this thread that have raised successful children/adults by employing both 'helicopter-style' parenting and self-proclaimed 'free-range' parenting. 100 people; 100 ways. Unfortunately, a parent can sometimes do everything "right" and still lose their child.

Most of us can agree that Jenise's parents were not doing everything right. There clearly was a lack of supervision and structure in her life. However, I personally do not feel comfortable tearing down these parents right now. I do feel weird about Dad's behavior in the televised interview. I have also seen clean, loved, and fed children in the family pictures I have seen. I am just not sure how I feel, and I would rather wait to hear from LE before blaming the parents outright. Many on this thread have stated that even if someone else killed Jenise, her parents are still to blame due to a lack of supervision. I understand the thought. But if I get into my car and drive without my seatbelt, and I am hit head-on by a drunk driver and killed-- I am still a victim and the drunk driver is still what killed me.

CPS came in AFTER she went missing. All the years she ran around apparently no one called.

I don't know why anyone would be defending this parenting method at this point.. It is absolutely horrible how she was taken care of.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cps-removes-kids-from-wash-home-after-6-year-old-goes-missing/

Probably because we don't have all the facts yet. People come out of the woodwork in these cases to put their two busybody cents in on the perceived defects of the parents. All I know is that Jenise looked like a loved little girl, not a haunted neglected child.

"An autopsy scheduled for Friday will determine the manner and cause of death, Wilson said, but "we suspect that she just did not go off by herself and fall into some bushes and die."

Jenise was last seen when she went to bed Saturday night. Her parents waited a day before calling for help because they say the girl had wandered around the Steele Creek Mobile Home Park on her own in the past. She was outgoing and unafraid to talk to anyone, family said.

An FBI team using search dogs discovered the body in a forested area near the mobile home park where the girl lived at about 11:30 a.m. Thursday. Her family has been notified."

I don't think this means she was found in bushes.. To me it reads that they are just saying she did not wander off and die of her own accord.

Very wooded all around.

https://www.google.com/maps/ms?msid...,-122.628901&spn=0.008515,0.021136&dg=feature

Obviously they need cause. The point is, we have no idea what it was, how serious it was, if it was mandatory or optional, if it is temporary, who made the call etc. The Celis's got their kids back relatively quickly compared to what happens in most cases. A lot of people used the fact that the kids couldn't be around the father as proof of guilt, but obviously they thought it was fine to return the kids. It's just important to remember we don't have all the facts when it comes to CPS.

I don't think it points to guilt of anything other than CPS found something that warranted removal.

That's interesting. I've never seen an area that only had "Trailer Park" in the names of all their parks and never had "Mobile Home Park" in any of the names. (I've also seen "Mobile Estates"...and some of those look the worst! lol) Maybe you're right about it being a regional thing then. Frankly, it sounds more like a LAW since not one community in your area has ever been named "Mobile Home Park"...but that would be even weirder! lol The world's a strange place. :)

It is not the name of the parks.. I am sorry I misunderstood. It is just what they are called. No shame in it, Just want people call it outsiders and residents alike. My friend moved into one a year or so ago and came up to tell me that she moved to the trailer park. No shame or embarrassment. It just is where she lives. It is nice and she is happy there.

Keep the focus on Jenise. The other children are OFF LIMITS.

FINAL WARNING

Just bouncing off your post, LinasK

There are so many different parenting styles, I am not a parent but I can tell that we have many wonderful parents here on this thread that have raised successful children/adults by employing both 'helicopter-style' parenting and self-proclaimed 'free-range' parenting. 100 people; 100 ways. Unfortunately, a parent can sometimes do everything "right" and still lose their child.

Most of us can agree that Jenise's parents were not doing everything right. There clearly was a lack of supervision and structure in her life. However, I personally do not feel comfortable tearing down these parents right now. I do feel weird about Dad's behavior in the televised interview. I have also seen clean, loved, and fed children in the family pictures I have seen. I am just not sure how I feel, and I would rather wait to hear from LE before blaming the parents outright. Many on this thread have stated that even if someone else killed Jenise, her parents are still to blame due to a lack of supervision. I understand the thought. But if I get into my car and drive without my seatbelt, and I am hit head-on by a drunk driver and killed-- I am still a victim and the drunk driver is still what killed me.

If you put a small child unsecured in the back of your car and it was the child that was killed would you shoulder no responsibility?

Does that rule out someone from "within" the home removed her? To me that just means no one broke into the house.

I totally agree & it seems like legally they have to rule out ALL other possible causes to get a conviction these days; no matter how unlikely.

Probably because we don't have all the facts yet. People come out of the woodwork in these cases to put their two busybody cents in on the perceived defects of the parents. All I know is that Jenise looked like a loved little girl, not a haunted neglected child.

I don't know. For me it seems really odd and this child was not looked after well. She ate all over, she came and went as she pleased from the time she was 3 according to reports.
She was neglected. If they don't know where she was and did not call police for 24 hours? That is neglect in my eyes.

Talking about what? Unless there is a bunch of stuff LE is not letting us know. This is a case where the parents haven't hardly been heard compared to lot of other missing person cases. Usually the family is all over the news, if not the parents then some kind of family member making appeals for help.

BBM: There is almost always "a bunch of stuff LE is not letting us know". I'm sure they want to keep everyone talking during this investigation.....parents, friends, members of the community. They may hear something important. MOO

It might just be me but it feels like an arrest will happen asap, I hope. Truely, a sad outcome even if expected or not. RIP Jenise. so so sad. Going to go kick a big azz rock right now. smh, smh.

Keep the focus on Jenise. The other children are OFF LIMITS.

FINAL WARNING

I want to make sure I am clear so I know. We are not allowed to talk at all about the removal of the other kids from the home? That is not relevant to this case? I am not being snarky.. I am honestly asking.

I believe that LE was focusing on the RSOs and the transients who had some sort of camp set up in the wooded area.

I wonder if the people in the camp in the woods were able to see the common play areas at the MH park. It's possible that someone had their eyes on one of the kids or narrowed in on Jenise for whatever reason and watched to see where she lived or what kind of routine or supervision she was under.

My other theory involves older kids within the MH park or a friend or two of theirs from outside the park that could have come into contact with Jenise or who started to find out that Jenise would be outside all alone in the morning.

But, I've also heard rumor of Jenise being spotted at Burger King at 10pm. That makes me think it's possible that she might have snuck out under peer pressure from the older kids that she had been hanging out with the previous two days.

Those are my 3 theories so far.

So far behind but I have a good excuse. We are hunkered down in the path of 2 hurricanes!
If her little body was found in the trailer park, how did they miss finding her sooner or was her body placed there recently? What a precious innocent little girl, so trusting, seeing the good in everyone not realizing the evil that lurks in this world.

OH MY, Plu. Take care. My thoughts and prayers aRe with you. May the GODS show mercy!

I believe that LE was focusing on the RSOs and the transients who had some sort of camp set up in the wooded area.

I wonder if the people in the camp in the woods were able to see the common play areas at the MH park. It's possible that someone had their eyes on one of the kids or narrowed in on Jenise for whatever reason and watched to see where she lived or what kind of routine or supervision she was under.

My other theory involves older kids within the MH park or a friend or two of theirs from outside the park that could have come into contact with Jenise or who started to find out that Jenise would be outside all alone in the morning.

But, I've also heard rumor of Jenise being spotted at Burger King at 10pm. That makes me think it's possible that she might have snuck out under peer pressure from the older kids that she had been hanging out with the previous two days.

Those are my 3 theories so far.

I don't think that was her at the burger king. I think that is a mistaken sighting. IMO

We argue over the strangest things when info stops coming in and we have nothing to do but rehash. Trailer park v mobile home community tonight. It was attend or not attend Sea Fair the first night. We are a passionate group if nothing else.

Not reporting your 6 yr. old missing for 24 hrs. after last seeing her is not neglectful? Amazing. And every neighbor who related stories of little Jenise roaming the neighborhood alone are busybodies? Really....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member