Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is possible that LE is collecting so much as we speak on this perp that we could possibly see more charges I would hope.

Thats wrong. They can't be sentenced to LWOP. But they can be sentenced to life.

And sentenced separately on each charge to run consecutively. So the maximum sentence in each charge could see a minor being sentenced to a very very long sentence.

Hypothetically, an additional suspect could make that happen more quickly JMO

or ((I really don't know the answer to this one -- what if they find they have additional charges they could implement against him ??))

Good catch, I missed that

The 17 year old part is strange. How does that come to be?

I an understand height, hair color, etc, but if the age is known, you,would think the name is known

By definition, it DOES imply force. Statutory rape it the only kind of rape that doesn't imply force. Incest is not rape. Not all sexual crimes are rapes.
Actually, I was molested by my uncle- I was a teen, and it is considered incest-uncle-to-niece by definition.

Yes, I agree. Removal from the home is usually only done in serious situations.

Having a six year old missing for close to 24 hours before being reported as missing.....is a very serious situation to me

Right. Like Elizabeth Smart, and Polly Klaas, and other children who were snatched from inside their homes. I think we'd have about exactly as many children kidnapped and raped and killed. They're either easy pickings, or very hard pickings, but I think perps bent on raping and killing a child will find one.

Disagree because both of those perps knew their victims beforehand, they didn't target random strangers. The handyman had seen Elizabeth previously. Richard Allen Davis had seen Polly going out for ice cream with her mother and friends and the window was left open. And Samantha Runnion was sitting on a wall with no adult present, only a child to protect her. All were still easy prey.
And... Westerfield targeted Danielle because her mother refused his advances in a bar. He wanted revenge.

Interesting thought.

Gitana, thanks for being on this thread. Question. At age 17, do the parents represent the child with the atty? Can the parents make that decision if their isn't a guardian ad litem (can't remember the correct terminology) etc? How does that work? Can parents of a 17 year old over ride the wishes of a minor?

Took one minute to think.. take back that question! Of course, the atty will represent the accused! Nevermind! :gaah: hate when my fingers type faster than my brain thinks

Never mind. You're probably right.

I just find it wrong to believe that people should abdicate their parental responsibilities, that they shouldn't do everything in their power to keep their child safe, and I don't think anything will change my mind about that.
No, you are absolutely right!:clap::clap::clap:parents need to keep their children from being easy prey. Attend your children people!!!

The plea idea intrigues me. Could the suspect plea as a juvenile to all the charges, avoid trial as an adult, and keep the records sealed??

Disagree because both of those perps knew their victims beforehand, they didn't target random strangers. The handyman had seen Elizabeth previously. Richard Allen Davis had seen Polly going out for ice cream with her mother and friends and the window was left open. And Samantha Runnion was sitting on a wall with no adult present, only a child to protect her. All were still easy prey.
And... Westerfield targeted Danielle because her mother refused his advances in a bar. He wanted revenge.

BBM I never knew that! Wow! That must have just about killed her mother.

They all deserve justice, I sure hope Jenice gets hers, so far it appears she will.

Now, what can we begin to do to prevent or predict?

Can we?

Interesting thought.

Gitana, thanks for being on this thread. Question. At age 17, do the parents represent the child with the atty? Can the parents make that decision if their isn't a guardian ad litem (can't remember the correct terminology) etc? How does that work? Can parents of a 17 year old over ride the wishes of a minor?

I don't know about that. Guardian ad litem I do not think refers to criminal proceedings , only civil. But I've been wrong before. They appoint one in cases like custody where there are 2 parties , the parents fighting over custody and neither of the parents' lawyers has the " child's best interest'' at stake, but rather the parents. I'm sure each parent assumes they have the child's best interest in mind but we know that's not always the case. I never heard of a guardian ad litem in a criminal case. I guess we will see what the legal eagles have to say.

Thanks for saying that.

Yes, I am also very impressed and grateful for their excellent work. In addition to the investigation, kindness and politeness they expressed go a long way.

Kudos to all of them!!!

WS members, could we please all just take a moment to realize her name is spelled Jenise and not Janice or Jenice? This is not just a word, it is a name and she at minimum deserves for us to spell her name correctly.

Please & thank you.

*sorry for the interruption; this is a pet peeve of mine as my daughter has to deal with this daily.*

I would hope that the perp's parents are not obliged to pay for his defense. Even though he's living at home, would he be eligible for a public defender or is there a means test that his parents would have to meet?

Alex Rozier ‏@AlexRozier 2m
I've seen Facebook posts that appear to show the murder suspect commenting on the #JeniseWright case earlier in the week.

Alex Rozier ‏@AlexRozier 1m
We've also learned that the suspect may have attended the vigil on Friday night for #JeniseWright in East Bremerton.He was arrested Saturday

https://twitter.com/AlexRozier

and this one:

Alex Rozier @AlexRozier · 7m
Neighbors told me that the investigators had stopped by the murder suspects home a few times earlier in the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname