Holly Bobo, missing from TN 2014 discussion #5 ***ARRESTS***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes more sense. Ginseng is a federally protected plant and the TN harvest season opened September 1, 2014.. Ginseng is usually found in low lying valleys near creeks...

Tennessee Ginseng Law and Regulations
http://www.wildgrown.com/index.php/...aw/Tennessee-Ginseng-Law-and-Regulations.html
The harvest season for wild ginseng in Tennessee is September 1 - December 31.

It does make sense. I was just whining at the media for their need to get on the story quickly and making such innacurate reports. I used to harvest wild mushrooms but never was labeled a "hunter". There was also a news report in post #612 that made it sound like the remains were found by the Adam's family, instead of correctly saying the remains were found "near" where the Adam's family resided. ( I see the report has since been revised) . Thanks and I do hope there will be some justice for Holly and her family.

If the skull has teeth it would take only 1-3 hours to establish identity if its Holly. :fence:

Animals usually scatter bones about 1/4 mile area. A search 1/2 mile in all directions should find more remains unless the head was buried separately.:loveyou:

yes animal predation could make the recovery scene pretty large. Hoping that they are able to find more of the remains no matter whose they end up being.

yes animal predation could make the recovery scene pretty large. Hoping that they are able to find more of the remains no matter whose they end up being.

No matter who it turns out to be, it is someone's loved one. The more remains they find the more it will help LE figure out who it is. I agree with you that the remains could be scattered over a large area due to animal predation.

I have a question that may have been well vetted in the past, but that has always puzzled me, and this examination of new places and distances in the area brings it to my mind again.

Decatur is a tiny county, and the Bobo's lived not far from the middle, so any other place in this county couldn't have been far away. When Holly's mother was told that Holly had walked into the woods with her bf, her immediate reaction was that it could NOT be him.

But, if I'm not mistaken, her knowledge was that he was in the county. So how could she know that it wasn't him? If he was somewhere in the county a bit prior, it wouldn't have taken him long to get to the Bobo's, so I've always found her certainty to be incredibly odd.

Has that question ever been asked, and answered?

I have a question that may have been well vetted in the past, but that has always puzzled me, and this examination of new places and distances in the area brings it to my mind again.

Decatur is a tiny county, and the Bobo's lived not far from the middle, so any other place in this county couldn't have been far away. When Holly's mother was told that Holly had walked into the woods with her bf, her immediate reaction was that it could NOT be him.

But, if I'm not mistaken, her knowledge was that he was in the county. So how could she know that it wasn't him? If he was somewhere in the county a bit prior, it wouldn't have taken him long to get to the Bobo's, so I've always found her certainty to be incredibly odd.

Has that question ever been asked, and answered?

I believe the reason she knew it wasn't him was because she had spoken over the phone with him that morning.... have to check to find a link...

ETA -
A flurry of phone calls followed between Holly, Drew and Karen about the confusion over Drew hunting on Karen's mother's property.
-
http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/2...econstruct-time-before-Holly-Bobo-s-abduction

I guess that explains why she was certain in her mind ...but, her certainty would seem to have been misplaced. There was a 30-45 minute gap between those conversations and the one between Holly's mom and CB, which seems to be plenty of time for him to get off the phone and get to Holly's backyard from wherever he was, had he been so inclined.

I guess that explains why she was certain in her mind ...but, her certainty would seem to have been misplaced. There was a 30-45 minute gap between those conversations and the one between Holly's mom and CB, which seems to be plenty of time for him to get off the phone and get to Holly's backyard from wherever he was, had he been so inclined.

According to the link above, post #629, the phone calls between Holly, Karen and Drew occurred around 7:30. And Drew had to be at work by 8:00.

Did anyone else see this morning there was a report of a body found close to where Holly went missing?

TBI has just held a press conference and stated that the human remains found yesterday are those of our Holly Bobo. May she rest in eternal peace.

An Old Irish Blessing
May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
Rest in peace Holly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holly Bobo’s remains found in Decatur County
Posted 9:08 pm, September 8, 2014, by Ashley Crockett, Updated at 10:22pm, September 8, 2014

DECATUR COUNTY, Tenn. –Holly Bobo’s remains were found in Decatur County Sunday, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation announced during a news conference Monday night.

My heart is heavy and my mine is a blurr, but now we know that Holly is no longer "missing".
Lifting all of us up and really hoping the wings of Grace wrap Holly's family close and justice will be swift and certain.

You're going home, Holly. G-d bless you and keep you.

I bet I speak for all of us in saying this is such a "mixed emotion" event. Since she is dead, it's such a blessing that her remains have been found. Yet there was still that "hope against hope" in all of us that she might actually somehow someway maybe someday be unexpectedly found alive.

Condolences to the Bobo's. RIP Holly.

And we pray for commensurate justice for the scum who brought this to pass. May justice be swift and sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels