VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not buying your story.I think you have an interest in protecting LJ and that speaks volumes to me.

Well, Inspector, I really don't have such an interest. :)

Odd analysis though, what part of what I typed made you go there?

I have a specialty in Root Cause Analysis and investigation, particularly in human factors. lex parsimoniae is not just a principle, it is experientially accurate. The further you depart from the known facts with speculation, the further you are, most likely, from the truth.

I also have a great deal of experience in walking the streets late at night in cities all over the US and world (It's a jet lag thing). I myself have to keenly observe my surroundings and develop a feeling for my security (or not) in other cultures. I observe people a lot without really watching them. Seems odd, but I can imagine being there.

As to LJ, I don't know him and live several time zones away. You do have to keep in mind what is happening in Ferguson and other places. I would help LE, but I can certainly understand not everyone in this country has the same perspective. There are unfortunately those who firmly believe or have lived guilty until proven innocent.

And I say that regardless of how much I want this girl to be found and alive. I read through all her tweets. She seems a gem.

My thoughts on all that are that, first, they have a LOT more information than they are releasing to the public. Second, they know POI is involved in Hannah's disappearance but they HAVE to convict - in order to save others. As regards the "false" description - either WG mislead police intentionally (because he's involved?) or LE put out misleading information so as not to scare off POI until they could gather more evidence against him. Perhaps what they've released about WG isn't true, either, and he is now a protected witness. Same with the video of POI next to Hannah. Again, I think this has potential to be far bigger than anyone yet believes, and I think LE are being absolutely scripted in what they release and when. I think, in order to stop this, yes, you can plea for the public to assist even when protecting an investigation.

Oh, I'm not sure about bow hunting... I haven't seen any dead deer on my facebook feed today, so I am pretty sure it hasn't started yet, either.
Early and Late Anterless only Firearms Deer Seasons

During these seasons only antlerless deer may be taken.
Early: September 6 through October 3

In the counties of Arlington*, Fairfax*, Loudoun*, and Prince William* (including the cities and towns within). Local firearm ordinances prohibit the discharge of firearms in Arlington County. To firearms deer hunt on private lands in Fairfax County a special landowner permit is required (see above). (*denotes EAB county)
All legal deer hunting weapons including bows, crossbows, muzzleloaders, pistols, shotguns, and rifles are legal. Local firearms ordinances still apply.

Archery Deer Seasons; Early Archery Season

October 4 through November 14: Statewide

http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/HUNTING/regulations/deer.asp

eta: Charlottesville is in Albemarle County

Both of these points factor in to why I don't think she was "lost." I think she had intentionally ditched and misled her friends.
yah. it just does not make sense. although it seems like she's puking in the Grady's video, she also seems to be going there intentionally and leaving the exact same way she came without hesitation. that would put her on Preston, right? so maybe a wrong turn once she got to preston? but running past the shell station - wouldn't she have turned back after realizing she didn't recognize her surroundings or was obviously going the wrong way? was she late for something?

I think there is more mystery to that night than what happened to her. what was she doing all night and why? and didn't she appear to be jogging already in the picture from the apartments at the party from earlier in the night?

Yes, my confidence in the C-ville PD went down when they seemed to misinterpret the mall videos. Not good.

It must be so shocking for you!

I am still perplexed about why a neighbor supposedly stated that they didn't think he worked. I imagined a bum wasting all day in his apartment. It sounds like he actually was out and about a lot.. working at the hospital, volunteer coaching football a few times a week. That's what I get for lending any credence to a statement from someone who doesn't know him well.

Can't wait to hear what your son has to say.

Considering one of the stations was just hyping "someone close to the POI" as someone who he rode a bus to school with over a decade ago and hasn't been in touch w/ him in 13-14 years, maybe "neighbor" was another equally inaccurate description! :crazy:

Or if I'm giving the media more grace, I guess "neighbor" could be someone down the street, in another complex or...still a "neighbor" by some standards but maybe not what others would think?

Or heck, I suppose a "neighbor" could consider himself more of one than we (or maybe media) might really have also.

Yes, my confidence in the C-ville PD went down when they seemed to misinterpret the mall videos. Not good.

nah. they had to tell the public that because they didn't wanna have to say 'it's an investigation. we have to lie to the public to preserve the integrity of the investigations sometimes.'

do you really think that LE would miss that/actually think that dreads was hannah's shadow?

I didn't believe that for a moment. they were flattering the public in order to take focus off the fact that they misled people with that reflection story.

From surveillance video police have found, it appears that Graham simply was walking in the wrong direction while trying to meet up with friends. Police detective James Mooney said that in her text messages to friends, Graham indicated that she was lost and disoriented, at one point saying she was on Main Street when she actually was on Preston Avenue.
Graham also indicated that she believed she was walking back toward her home when she was actually headed the opposite way, authorities said. She also texted friends asking for someone to come find her after she realized she was lost. She last texted friends at 1:06 a.m., about the time that the man in dreadlocks encountered her.
Longo, the police chief, said it is clear that Graham walked to the mall on her own — more than a mile from her apartment — and that police believe she could have left the mall in the man’s vehicle after joining him at Tempo, a restaurant and bar.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...25aab8-4001-11e4-b03f-de718edeb92f_story.html

"at one point saying she was on Main Street when she actually was on Preston Avenue."

How do they know where she actually was when she texted?

And, IMO, his eyes were probably on Hannah and not JM if you catch my drift.

JMO. Possible I'm totally wrong.
I agree! The way he was watching HG in the security camera footage, I'm sure he'd be able to give a very accurate description of the girl he was following. But the guy? Not what he's interested in.

Maybe from his memory, WG could remember white shirt and JLM's facial hair, but if the dreads were bound at the back of his head, it might have appeared as short hair if you weren't really focused on the guy, but instead, the girl beside him.

JM's life could well be on the line as well, if he is framed. VA is a death penalty state. When posters say "race has nothing to do with it" they are not thinking from HIS point of view. If you want to speculate about what he may be thinking or why he wouldn't come forward, it's important to factor race in. He could very well be torn up inside that a girl he was with has gone missing, but for him to step forward and talk could endanger his own life if he is innocent and wrongly convicted due to circumstantial evidence. Unfortunately the reality in this country is that black men are wrongly convicted and are over-represented in cases like those found with the innocence project. JMO I still hope he talks with his lawyer and if he is innocent video surveillance will corroborate his story.

I would agree with you because I think that race has so much to do with the law - who is prosecuted, what they are prosecuted for, whether they are found guilty, what sentences they receive - is hugely dependent on race in our country.

But my experience tells me a different story when it comes to why a person fails to come forward or talk, black or white or whatever.

In my experience, it is rare for any innocent person, regardless of race, to fail to come forward to help someone who may be a crime victim. It is also rare for innocent people to clam up, regardless of race. It is rare for anyone, even guilty people, to clam up, for that matter. It's usually only the smarter, guilty ones who keep quiet.

As to innocent people who fail to come forward, typically, in my experience, it is people who already have criminal records/are on probation. Otherwise, smartly or not, they walk right into the lion's den.

No, for me, failing to come forward here is a red flag.

Some things that really make me suspicious of OWG:
He was definitely creeping on Hannah. Although he supposedly followed her because he felt she was in distress, but once he saw her with POI-LJM and claimed he stopped then, but yet he's on tape 2 minutes later, still following Hannah and LJM
The description he gave to police sounded like the suspect in Morgan Harrington case, and nothing like LJM.. If nothing else, how could he miss the white shorts/pants.and give description of black pants (which is what Hannah had on-maybe that's why black pants came to his mind) ?.
I just don't get a bad feeling about LJ.. But I really do about OWG.
JMO.

Does anyone have a link to the video of this guy?

I do not mind if LE has to lie at times, they are allowed to lie to suspects, anyway. But knowingly giving out a completely false description, if they did, is dangerous. Someone could have been "identified" as this person and injured or killed. Mobs have been formed in an instant for less.

A minor does not need to meet up with a 32 year old man in order to score alcohol for the evening. She could have met up with a 21 year old frat guy to do that. One does need to meet up with a 32 year old man, perhaps to score a bag a weed. Maybe she was alone because she was the one tasked with bringing the weed.

I agree! The way he was watching HG in the security camera footage, I'm sure he'd be able to give a very accurate description of the girl he was following. But the guy? Not what he's interested in.

Maybe from his memory, WG could remember white shirt and JLM's facial hair, but if the dreads were bound at the back of his head, it might have appeared as short hair if you weren't really focused on the guy, but instead, the girl beside him.

I do not know how that hair could be missed, jmo. Unless he was right in front of them all the time, then possibly.

Do LEhave to have a strong reason to release the perps name? If he is innocent, his life is screwed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members