VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on my own personal experience I do not agree that all LE are just heros and saints and we should never question or critique what they do. I actually think that is a bit of a scary belief to have.
Doesn't that apply to society in general that there is good and bad in all segments (I mean we've seen it with priests who some look upon as "saintly".). I would think that line of thought would be a bit naive....

I am certainly not excusing or defending that behavior, but I have been wondering if JM could have sustained any serious concussion or head injury during his college football days.
tell that to his defense attorney....if charged.

I keep reading weird statements about his hair being braided or close to his head - if you look at the recent photo on that wanted poster, his hair is quite long and in the surveillance video of him walking you can see it a little down his back, sort of pulled back.

Regardless of opinions on the WG and what he said/ how it was interpreted/ why he might of said it/ what LE released publicly, I think it's pretty clear from visual evidence that his hair doesn't look anything like a bald head...

IF any evidence comes back that links him to a crime and they believe he murdered her, there are SO many places she could be. I just don't know how they'll find her. There's a small lake/pond on a farm that's one mile from his apartment and right off the main road. Easily accessible. Hope the owners have checked the property. The reservoir is about five miles away. Don't know how easily accessible it is but what are the chances someone would find a body there??? KWIM? Of course we have the river itself and numerous other farms and bodies of water.

I am dying waiting for the forensics results to come back...

If a body is not weighted or caught on debris there is a resurface time, if I recall it is 10 days. There are many variables but I have followed several drowning/water disposals and this is pretty close on average. You may want to read up on the subject. Very interesting.
Also, if Hannah is out above ground there may be bird (vulture) activity but too much time may have lapsed by now...more reading up to do.

I wonder if LE found any digging tools with the mud in his car.
Awful. Hannah's poor family.

JMO

Somebody tell me I'm not imagining things but I swear I heard Chief Longo say that WM was an Undercover, during Sunday's press conference. When he said that, his actions made sense to me - he came out of his doorway, followed her briefly because she looked confused/stoned, then when he saw what looked like a friend approach and walk off with her, he went back to what he was doing, standing in the doorway watching activity on the mall...[/QUOTE

I have not heard that but did not hear Sundays presser

I dunno... I've felt road rage before and it's really powerful. I mean, all I did was get out of my car and scream that the guy needed to switch to decaf, but if I had had just a tiny bit less control and/or I was a man who felt able to defend myself in a physical fight, who knows what I would have done. I think even normal people can be pushed to be really angry.

There is no excuse ever for violence. Nope. No excuses.

jmo

Can you give a link to the tweets - I am just catching up and must have missed that post.

Post 667 this thread, cut and pasted below:

Laura French @lfrenchnews · 3m
Police:White man seen following Hannah who gave police description of black man with closely shaved head and arm around her was #Matthew

Laura French @lfrenchnews · 3m
CONT: Police: There was not another individual with #Hannah that witness saw. Description of hair was inaccurate.

That is correct and it's listed on the actual warrants for his arrest for the reckless driving released yesterday.

Ohh.... Not trying to doubt you but do you have a link? Pretty please?

That is the same apartment that was listed for rent back in August so it certainly appears JM and his roommates were evicted or had given their 30 or 60 day notice and planned on leaving.

So to me that could be very damning. I wonder where JM had planned on moving. Maybe he is there now with all of his things.

I was thinking blood (enough to show she was harmed). Then an arrest warrant for assault or murder.

...in response to what I hope from the forensics

how in the world could the WM describe bald if JM is the guy he describing? I can understand if height and weight are off or the color of clothes but a head full of long hair and bald are complete extremes!

Well that man probably saw hundreds of people that day. He didn't know he needed to take written notes. So a few days passed and his memories got a bit blurred together. I can see it happening.

Think of the last time you went to the grocery store. It was probably a few days ago. Do you remember what your cashier looked like? Hairstyle, facial hair, height, weight? You had a an interaction with that person and even spoke to them. Many people would probably fail miserably at describing witnesses.

IMO it's pretty impressive WG came forward with a description.

Somebody tell me I'm not imagining things but I swear I heard Chief Longo say that WM was an Undercover, during Sunday's press conference. When he said that, his actions made sense to me - he came out of his doorway, followed her briefly because she looked confused/stoned, then when he saw what looked like a friend approach and walk off with her, he went back to what he was doing, standing in the doorway watching activity on the mall...

I watched that press conference and don't recall hearing that. I don't understand how he could be undercover. If he was, what would have prompted him to follow Hannah? Even if he THOUGHT it was something involving drugs or underage drinking, he certainly wouldn't have STOPPED following her when LM entered the scene. It also seems that, if he were a police officer, surely he'd have done a better job getting a description of the person he saw Hannah with as I would think that he would be trained in how to pick out identifying characteristics in an individual.

New here, so hope this hasn't been covered already. I've seen it posted where JM was an operating room tech. IF this was the position he held (I've also seen patient transport posted as his position) then he would be responsible for clean up which would entail getting rid of "body parts" after surgeries, births, etc. Where do they take those body parts? I don't know if hospitals have "special dumpsters" for these parts or how they dispose of them. But, if he had access to these then I hope they have searched there. What a perfect place to hide a body...... Hope this isn't too morbid... Sorry, maybe WAY out of the box!!!

My jaw dropped when I saw he was an Operating Room Tech somewhere on the news yesterday. But I do not know that is true.

Jmo, the reactions to LE in this case are a result of the extremely unusual way the case is being handled. I have never seen anything like it, I know that much, and there is no way to know yet if this strategy will work. If it works all the way down the line, arrest and conviction, great. But if it fails in some way and this case remains unsolved or ends in an acquittal, the discussion about the methods used will never go away, Imo.

Doesn't that apply to society in general that there is good and bad in all segments (I mean we've seen it with priests who some look upon as "saintly".). I would think that line of thought would be a bit naive....

Absolutely. That is why I disagree with people coming into these threads and saying that only hero worship of LE should be allowed and no one should question LE.

There is a lot of publcity that this case attracted without the efforts of LE, so they are stuck with that. Has its pluses and minuses. They are under scrutiny nationally now, and any mistake they make, inappropriate thing they do, any foolishness, any technicalities are going to be right out there.

I don't know how much national coverage helps these cases. Local, and state, yes, national, mm. Don't know. If indeed the orange car and JM were responsible for Hannah's disappearance, they had enough time to go over state lines and dump Hannah there, so there is that positive that the awareness does not stop where the coverage did. Frankly, if I were dumping a body, it would be as far away and out of state, not even an adjoining state unless time was of the essence, but most immediate crimes would not go through such calculations. I read that most crime evidence/bodies are found within an hour of where the crime was committed, and closer is more common.

But I think some of this is also grandstanding, yes. It can mean a rise in prospects for Longo, if he is successful in solving this case and others that have plagued the area. Oh, yes, it would be very big for him. But if he flops, it's a big one. THe Casey Anthony DA was pretty much let go when he lost that case. That happens with DAs , in particular, which is why we don't see much of him, yet as LOngo as stated, the DA is holding the reins on the case. DA has to nail it with a conviction and gets stuck with all of the mistakes and sloppiness the LE do in a case, especially if rights are not properly observed, procedures not followed.
bbm...you're kidding right? Look at the list of missing/murdered people right at this very moment in the US, now open up your newspaper, internet web site and how many of those folks have their picture in there? my guess there is one, Hannah Graham because of the publicity generated by Chief Longo (not saying it's a bad thing, but can be a double edged sword).

how in the world could the WM describe bald if JM is the guy he describing? I can understand if height and weight are off or the color of clothes but a head full of long hair and bald are complete extremes!

I think many of us did not understand this and thought maybe it was deliberate misinformation. Now that the the WM has been ided as being with the police, it makes less sense that descrip was so off unless it was deliberately done that way.

Where is Jefferson Park?

It's somewhere between google maps and mapquest. J/k, sorry to be snarky. My understanding is that the were searching the area in and around the hospital he works at and it's near 14th and Wer..? ...where she said she was lost. Not really within walking distance of where she was or at least to be able to cover that ground by foot any time quickly (indicating, she was in a car at that point).

Charlottesville Journalist Sheds Light on Jesse Matthew

http://wvtf.org/post/charlottesville-journalist-sheds-light-jesse-matthew

Listen to the interview, quite interesting

VERY interesting. :thinking:

The reporter not telling him until the end why he asked about the incident is very interesting.

Also interesting since his description of JM is pretty consistent with much of what others have said with feeling like something wasn't quite right with him/was a little off (we've seen some say perhaps a touch slow among other things) but they all seem to be trying to find a way to explain "it" but can't and each sort of land on a different one for the "it"

Would anyone like me to transcribe it? I can start.

Jmo this is a one-person crime. Just JM or possibly someone else.

Also jmo...I would not be surprised to see that on tapes from any populated, trendy area in the country, a young woman alone attracting the attention of various "pervs" or just men in general, intoxicated or otherwise, and some might even have followed her for a while, hoping for an encounter. Or hope to rescue her if in distress, lol. I do not think JM or whoever the perp is was in a "ring" or had a partner or gang or anything like that. Seems like he spotted Hannah and took his chances. He may have been as surprised as many here that she accepted his (supposed) offer to go to Tempo. He may have read more into it than Hannah expected and lost his temper and things went from friendly to lethal very quickly.

Your temper thought is a good follow up to the rode rage incident described a page or so back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harleyrose