VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #14 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine the look on that cop's face when he learned that the RP who called it in wasn't phoning in a trumped up "suspicious behaviour" call, but not only had a car that came back hot, but one connected to a missing person case from over a thousand miles away, that's been getting nation and world wide publicity!

Not your average ending to a "suspicious behaviour" call! :crazy:

I'm SO glad someone acted on their suspicions and even called this in - whether or not they had any idea about Hannah's case and it was solely based on just behaviour or something.

And I'm so glad that LE responded quickly enough that JM hadn't moved on elsewhere.

There are a whole lot of places that a suspicious behaviour call easily ends up so low on the priority list, that by the time it gets handled, whatever was going on was long over or the person long gone.

I look forward to hearing the call or at least the scanner traffic when it was relayed to the responding officer and then as things played out once he discovered the significance of why the plates came back wanted!

So how was this person that different than the woman back in Va. who noticed someone who looked like JM in a food court and alerted the police? Some here considered her actions "hysteria"!! Once the public starts looking for suspicious people - it makes running and hiding much more difficult. LE cannot be everywhere - Remember the Boston bombers? Even with the streets swarming with LE in riot gear, it was a homeowner who found one of them in his boat....I'm just sayin'

This would be interesting to know. I hope they have come forward with this info. Although I'm not sure when they moved out of there?

Re JM's room mates: according to Coy's radio show tonight, referencing his interview with Chief Longo, they have talked to LE.

IF he is innocent then he is really dumb for some of his actions that make him look really guilty. Whether he is innocent or guilty, I hope that LE or his lawyer encourages him to tell the truth about what he knows so that Hannah's family gets some answers.

Sure, I think he definitely had a predatory streak when it came to getting sex, but many people here are baffled by how such a skilled "serial killer" could have screwed up so quickly. I do not think this guy had an intention that night of killing someone; I think he was aggressive in his quest to get laid, and that aggression spilled over into murder.

Lots of guys will go after a girl who already impaired, get her drunker, then drive her back to his place and try and get sex. That happened to me on several occasions during my drinking days. Yeah, it is certainly predatory in nature, but the majority of men who behave that way are looking for some sex and are certainly not out to murder someone. I think Matthew is more of guy like that than some serial killer type, or some guy who gets girls and sells them into prostitution.

Is he a serial murderer?

I think he knew that there were no cameras in Tempo, which is why he took her there, and that he was unaware that the cameras at Sal's Pizza and Tuel Jewelers would capture this about-face and predatory behavior. He was also unaware of the eye witness that saw him approach Hannah. He had predatory behavior the minute he spotted Hannah, and after she vanished, he acted like nothing happened.

If he has done this before, he probably did the very same thing. If he did this before, he was probably more cautious, and getting away with it made him sloppy. In this case, his story was very straight forward: he saw her, he bought her drinks, then they parted ways. This is probably not the first time he gave a good answer that was completely untrue.

Reminds me of the radio announcer who was reading a news report and kept mentioning the "commie q" , the "commie q". I finally figured out that he was trying to say communique. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

First cousin to Alba Rhythm
LMAO wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy tooooooooooooo funnnnnnyyyy
O/T i wonder if by

the reporter meant algorithm .... if so BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

If he's guilty, otto, I agree with you 100%. I just haven't seen the evidence yet. I realize that fleeing can imply consciousness of guilt, and he sure as hell did do that. The thing is, fleeing can also imply a terrified state of mind, which (if he is NOT guilty) would certainly be an understandable human reaction after he has been publicly named a POI in what appears to be a heinous crime. Add into that fear reaction the race factor, which any reasonable person, regardless of their opinion, would have to acknowledge (dreadlocked black man abducts and kills lovely white teenager), and an argument can be made that his fleeing LE, while stupid in the extreme, could be the action of a guilty-as-hell perpetrator OR of a scared, none-too-bright innocent man. I think he is probably guilty, btw. I just haven't seen enough evidence to allow me to hang him as yet. If he DID harm/kill poor Hannah, he deserves to die. But I'm waiting till some kind of direct evidence of a killing links him to her.

ETA: Sorry, I forgot to include otto's post, but I was replying to this quote : "Jesse Matthews is a predator. His not just a guy that lost his cool after a few drinks. He saw Hannah from a distance, followed her, accosted her, physically interfered with her, took her to a bar, gave her more alcohol, and then she vanished from the face of the earth."

O/T i wonder if by

the reporter meant algorithm .... if so BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I dunno, I prefer Jessica Albas Rhythm over an algorithm any day of the week.:great:

Did you see her in Sin City?

Jesse Matthews is a predator. His not just a guy that lost his cool after a few drinks. He saw Hannah from a distance, followed her, accosted her, physically interfered with her, took her to a bar, gave her more alcohol, and then she vanished from the face of the earth. I've read through her twitter account and she was a very bright, lively young woman. Her grandmother just celebrated her 102nd birthday. Hannah was creeped out when she smiled at strangers and they got the wrong idea. She was a victim of a predator that had one goal. He did not see a vivacious alive young woman with a full life ahead of her. He only thought of what he could take from her, and he was thinking that well before he accosted her on the street.

Hannah's Twitter Account: https://twitter.com/hegraham25

You might be right. Of course that is exactly how it goes down with these sick predators, but for some reason, I'm not feeling the same way I do with other cases and suspects. The other suspects have weird histories that rais red flags. I'm usually the first one to say "he's guilty", but this time I feel like someone else is involved.

My mother just informed me that the police surrounded a man and his mom having lunch at McDonald's on Pantops yesterday. The man had braided hair but was not the same man. His mom was on the local news stating that a woman was just "staring" at them while they were eating lunch so she had a feeling someone thought her son was Jesse Matthew. Of course they were having lunch but this type of hysteria leads to that which does not lead to cases solved.

Hysteria?

Calling the police to report a sighting of a man you think looks like the man on a Wanted Poster, hardly defines the word, "hysteria".

Which local station ran this story? This story ran on Tuesday, the 23rd?

I remember seeing a comment from a friend that said something like that, but I didn't notice that the person was in Texas. When I Googled the directions from Charlottesville to Galveston, it was a straight shot down the highway. I think he just got in the car and drove South as fast as he could.

:welcome:

Is he a serial murderer?

I think he knew that there were no cameras in Tempo, which is why he took her there, and that he was unaware that the cameras at Sal's Pizza and Tuel Jewelers would capture this about-face and predatory behavior. He was also unaware of the eye witness that saw him approach Hannah. He had predatory behavior the minute he spotted Hannah, and after she vanished, he acted like nothing happened.

If he has done this before, he probably did the very same thing. If he did this before, he was probably more cautious, and getting away with it made him sloppy. In this case, his story was very straight forward: he saw her, he bought her drinks, then they parted ways. This is probably not the first time he gave a good answer that was completely untrue.

I think he took her to Tempo because he knew the bartender or something and had a way to hook up an 18-year-old with a drink at a bar, which impresses the hell out of you when you're 18 and desperate to go out partying at a proper bar.

I agree that the guy was slimy in targeting Hannah that night, but there are lots of men out there just like that, and most of them are not predatory in the murderer sense.

Feeling really sad for Hannah's parents. They want their baby girl.

Shows him clearly inside the store in last clip of the story:
http://abc13.com/news/suspect-in-student-disappearance-arrested-in-galveston/321945/

Just a hunch, but I think he cut over from I-10 and never drove through Houston and onward to Galveston. I don't know how to imbed a video on here, but this clip shows him very clearly inside and leaving the store on Bolivar Peninsula.

RSBM & BBM

JM does have a friend that lives in Houston who defended him on FB so perhaps he did head that way for a reason. Of course I can't link the person but if you look at JM's FB account you should be able to find him. https://www.facebook.com/lj.matthew.5?fref=ts

Wow, maybe there is something that I have missed, but it seems way out of line to be referring to body parts and a suspect's intelligence level based on a picture. Seriously? From what I have read and gleaned, LE has no clue or leads other than the video surveillance and witnesses in a bar. The guy has his arm around her in the video. Obviously, there will be transfer of "evidence" on clothing between the two. IF she had been in his car, why was there not sufficient forensic evidence found then? In fact, LE had to go back to the apartment to find something, anything, to issue a warrant so they could haul him in for questioning. They are not saying he is in any way "the" perp. It was a legal move so they could justify a nationwide manhunt to detain him. For all the legal aspects of this (what seems trumped up, IMO) here in a report by the Washington Post.

How in the world are people convicting this man of murder when LE has evidence only for a rather ambiguous charge of abduction with intent to defile? She is seen on video with his arm around her; she willingly entered a bar with him and left apparently too with no resistance. Yes, she was clearly incapacitated from alcohol and/or drugs, so that makes his actions seem pretty morally suspect. That is a big leap from being called out as a murderer.

It strikes me as odd how a thousand people wanted to help search for HG. Where were those people looking out for her best interests when she clearly had too much to drink and was wandering around aimlessly because of it for hours on her own? For all we know she keeled over somewhere from alcohol poisoning, but oh, wait that wasn’t caught on camera, so obviously the last person to interact with her on camera killed her?!?

Is it possible that LJM saw an opportunity to take advantage of a really naïve, sheltered young girl? Not anticipating that anything else might happen and that she could very well may have injured herself or died of natural causes while he was with her, but it did so he freaked out a bit. With all the media attention and mass rush to judgment going around in social media, I would be terrified to talk with the police too.

I get what you are saying, however it's a little suspect to me that even if Hannah did die by accident, the best thing to do would be flee to Texas?

Re JM's room mates: according to Coy's radio show tonight, referencing his interview with Chief Longo, they have talked to LE.

That's good to know thanks, and sorry. I haven't been able to read all of thread #12, 13 and much of this one.

Did they move out after Hannah's disappearance or before? I read somewhere that the first time police went to the apartment there were people in the apartment, so I assumed roommates were there for first investigation

<snipped>
The guy was found with his stuff in boxes in an Apartment, after all.

Sleuthers said the apartment was up for rent on about October 4. Whether JM and the others decided to move or their lease was not renewed, we don't know. So it's completely possible the packed stuff was in the works before Hannah disappeared. Just wanted to point that out.

I am like 20 threads behind, but there is a POI who ran from Police, Hannah is still missing, the POI is the last known person to be seen with her and he bolted, she is still missing. I am of the opinion that the POI is a POI for reasons we have no knowledge of. I can't subscribe to a racial reason for this. If Hannah was last seen on camera with a white frat boy, would you all be so convinced he had been railroaded? No, we would all be talking about his connection with her and if he was a serial predator.

Thanks isn't enough for this post! Also, he is a suspect now. And for good reason, that we have no knowledge of like you said. :seeya:

If he's guilty, otto, I agree with you 100%. I just haven't seen the evidence yet. I realize that fleeing can imply consciousness of guilt, and he sure as hell did do that. The thing is, fleeing can also imply a terrified state of mind, which (if he is NOT guilty) would certainly be a n understandable human reaction after he has been publicly named a POI in what appears to be a heinous crime. Add into that fear reaction the race factor, which any reasonable person, regardless of their opinion, would have to acknowledge (dreadlocked black man abducts and kills lovely white teenager), and an argument can be made that his fleeing LE, while stupid in the extreme, could be the action of a guilty-as-hell perpetrator OR of a scared, none-too-bright innocent man. I think he is probably guilty, btw. I just haven't seen enough evidence to allow me to hang him as yet. If he DID harm/kill poor Hannah, he deserves to die. But I'm waiting till some kind of direct evidence of a killing links him to her.

We never see the evidence in a week or two of the abduction (and probable murder). We are given information during the manhunt because police desperately need help from the public. Now that he has been arrested, we probably won't get too much information. We won't know the evidence until there is a trial. Should we believe that he's innocent until the time of trial? Some may prefer to believe that he is a victim of police stupidity and incompetence, but I suspect that most will trust that police know what they are doing and they are well on their way to arresting the man for Hannah's murder (which of course is still not confirmed). The search for Hannah will continue, but we all know that if she is alive, she would have come forward. Jesse is in this alone ... there is no accomplice, per police.

The only reason that Jesse Matthew has been detained is because police now have evidence to suggest that he is responsible for her disappearance.
If direct evidence is required to trust police work, then best to check back in when the trial starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newworldroofing