Holly Bobo found deceased, discussion thread *Arrests* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's admit that they have never had this perhaps-mythical video, ever.

They may have thought one exists (and may still think that).
They may have even tried to intimidate someone, via extreme legal charges, to give them one (without hard proof they ever had this perhaps-mythical video).
They may be looking high and low to try to find it, hoping against hope.

But they have never had such a perhaps-mythical video. Ever. Of that, there really is no doubt at this point.

:seeya: Hi Steve,

I will admit they never had this video -- and serve up some New Orleans style Red Beans & Rice with Crow -- when it is NOT produced at the trial ... lol !

Seriously, I am really hoping that there is such evidence ... and if not, oh well ...

:moo:

Dang, this DA must be a hell of a poker player.

DA: Charges against suspect in Bobo case still being pursued

Olin Baker, Pearcy's attorney, said tonight that the case against Jeffrey Pearcy wasn't presented to the grand jury on the 21st.

"I was told they (investigators) wanted to take more time on it," he said. "I was told if it's presented, I'll be called."

Woodall confirmed tonight that Pearcy's charges haven't been dismissed and said his office is still waiting for lab work at the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation to be completed and turned in before presenting the case.

It's unknown right now when the case will be presented.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/new...sent-to-grand-jury/18155861/?sf33147943=['1']

From the Jackson Sun:

DA still looks to charge Jeff Pearcy

Nichole Manna, The Jackson Sun 11:03 p.m. CDT October 29, 2014

After the preliminary hearing, his case was sent to the grand jury, which met Oct. 21.

Olin Baker, Pearcy's attorney, said Wednesday that the case against Jeffrey Pearcy wasn't presented to the grand jury on the 21st.

"I was told they (investigators) wanted to take more time on it," he said. "I was told if it's presented, I'll be called."

Woodall confirmed Wednesday that Pearcy's charges haven't been dismissed and said his office is still waiting for lab work at the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation to be completed and turned in before presenting the case.

More at Link: http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news/2014/10/29/da-still-looks-charge-pearcy/18159691/

:seeya: Hi Steve,

I will admit they never had this video -- and serve up some New Orleans style Red Beans & Rice with Crow -- when it is NOT produced at the trial ... lol !

Seriously, I am really hoping that there is such evidence ... and if not, oh well ...

:moo:
Unfortunately I have to get back to work but I wanted to do a quick post. Everyone on this thread may not agree with this post :smile:,but here goes.

:bud:
I understand you dog.gone.cute. All you are saying is exactly what is alleged on an audio recording. Jeffrey Pearcy acknowledged to King that he indeed remembered a video of Holly."

Now,as you(dog.gone.cute)posted the Judge in Henderson County court agreed,that he had heard enough testimony to send it to the grand jury. :discuss:Now(again reiterating what dog.gone.cute has posted);and :deadhorse:I am simply re-stating is the DA has dismissed the charges BUT they could be re-filed at a later date. To conclude,the DA has not shown his hand. You may not agree with this analogy but I liked the lone travelers post,"Dang,this DA must be one hell of a poker player."

But,we shall see when this case goes to trial. MOO

Witness: Holly Bobo tied up, crying in video with Adams

Baker told The Jackson Sun a couple of weeks ago that he believed the charges against(Jeff) Pearcy were going to be dropped due to lack of evidence. But after a preliminary hearing in Henderson County General Sessions Court on Tuesday, which included testimony from King and a Tennessee Bureau of Investigation special agent, the judge ruled there was enough evidence to send the case to the grand jury.

<snipped>

Mark Pearcy, Jeffrey Pearcy's brother, also has been charged with accessory and tampering with evidence. He will be in court in August for his preliminary hearing. Mark Pearcy also has pleaded not guilty.

<snipped>and call authorities, King said, she was asked by TBI special agents, including Brent Booth, to make a phone recording of Jeffrey Pearcy talking to her about the video.With three TBI agents at her house, King called (Jeff)Pearcy, she testified.]"I said, 'That video of Holly, if it had been you, I would have watched it,'" she told (Jeff)Pearcy over the phone, to which she said that he replied "I know."
http://jacksonsun.com/story/news/sp...-holly-bobo-tied-crying-video-adams/13348525/

The failure to present means JP has NOT been indicted, they're not even trying to indict, and there really is no case against him at this point. The fact they are still regarding him with suspicion is fairly meaningless blather, although perhaps unfair and somewhat slanderous to taint him without giving him his day in court to expose their utter lack of proof, but unfortunately they are free to do so until they either put him on trial or the statute of limitations expires.

The fact that they haven't actually dismissed the investigation, keeping JP in "suspect" status, does assure one thing: they have ruined any chance they might have of getting info from JP on the Holly case, if he has any or comes across any. As long as they're trying to find something against him, he's not ever gonna talk.

All this exposes what's been going on with the Pearcy case. The DA never had any real evidence BARD. Obviously, he hasn't somehow lost what he had, nor has it suddenly lost its value in court, so that indicates he never had anything compelling to begin with AND THEY KNEW IT, despite all the big talk to the media. Once it got to "put up or shut up" time, the DA whimpered away while muttering excuses.

This is yet another demonstration that, at least when it comes to the peripheral characters, these arrests and LE proclamations so far have appeared to be more about PR and intimidation than about having real evidence that can convict BARD. I hope they have something more substantial than big-but-hollow talk when it's time for the murder and kidnapping crimes. Holly deserves justice, not LE playing games and hoping to get by without evidence.

I know this has no bearing on this case but found it interesting in light of the apparent difficulty experienced by LE and Apple in accessing the contents of the phone alleged to contain or once contained such a video. :rolleyes:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...ing_n_6083920.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063

It's an odd sort of loophole: The Fifth Amendment protects you from offering knowledge that could incriminate yourself, meaning you don't have to tell a cop your phone's password if he or she asks you for it. But you can be required to turn over physical evidence or DNA information. In the Virginia case, the judge ruled that a fingerprint is considered a physical object -- and police are allowed to force you to give it to them.

Apple's Touch ID lets you unlock your iPhone or iPad with your fingerprint, saving you the trouble of typing in a password. The feature made its debut last year and is available on the iPhone 5S, iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, iPad Air 2, and iPad Mini 3.

LE and the justice system are constantly having to try to keep up with technology and how it affects investigation of crime.

Here's another case, different state, Va, that is in relation to cell phones and the legalities.

Cops can make you unlock your phone with your fingerprint, but they can&#8217;t take your passcode

http://www.kfvs12.com/story/2717718...-fingerprint-but-they-cant-take-your-passcode

(it's been a whole new ball game watching the advances in DNA, cell phones & computers, the laws are very slowy catching up to technology...)

Community Broadcasting Services:
DA CONSIDERING DEATH PENALTY FOR 2 MEN CHARGED IN BOBO CASE

on November 4, 2014
DECATUR COUNTY, Tenn. &#8212; District Attorney Matt Stowe said he will consider the death penalty against Zach Adams and Jason Autry, the two men charged with Holly Bobo&#8217;s 2011 death and disappearance. Stowe said he is now building a team equipped to do so. &#8220;We are putting together a section of attorneys whose particular focus and skill is the death penalty,&#8221; he said. Stowe is bringing in two new team members.(read the rest of entry)
http://thecatfishradio.com/cbs

on November 4, 2014
DECATUR COUNTY, Tenn. — District Attorney Matt Stowe said he will consider the death penalty against Zach Adams and Jason Autry, the two men charged with Holly Bobo’s 2011 death and disappearance. Stowe said he is now building a team equipped to do so. “We are putting together a section of attorneys whose particular focus and skill is the death penalty,” he said. Stowe is bringing in two new team members.(read the rest of entry)

WOW !

:tyou: MizStery for the update !

on November 4, 2014
DECATUR COUNTY, Tenn. &#8212; District Attorney Matt Stowe said he will consider the death penalty against Zach Adams and Jason Autry, the two men charged with Holly Bobo&#8217;s 2011 death and disappearance. Stowe said he is now building a team equipped to do so. &#8220;We are putting together a section of attorneys whose particular focus and skill is the death penalty,&#8221; he said. Stowe is bringing in two new team members.(read the rest of entry)

Perhaps the opening move by the DA in getting za/ja to accept deal of life w/o parole....

on November 4, 2014
DECATUR COUNTY, Tenn. — District Attorney Matt Stowe said he will consider the death penalty against Zach Adams and Jason Autry, the two men charged with Holly Bobo’s 2011 death and disappearance. Stowe said he is now building a team equipped to do so. “We are putting together a section of attorneys whose particular focus and skill is the death penalty,” he said. Stowe is bringing in two new team members.(read the rest of entry)

I do believe this DA means business.

on November 4, 2014

This is great news although it doesn't come as a surprise to me. I felt all along in the end this will be death penalty cases. So many of the prongs required to make them death qualified are self evident.

Imo, I never believed that DA Stowe was ever considering a plea deal. He is going to go all the way to trial on both ZA and JA.

He is going to try his very best.. along with his qualified team to bring the only just and right verdicts and that is death for both top defendants.

IMO

on November 4, 2014

Like I've posted prior to this: This DA must be a hell of a poker player.

This is great news although it doesn't come as a surprise to me. I felt all along in the end this will be death penalty cases. So many of the prongs required to make them death qualified are self evident.

Imo, I never believed that DA Stowe was ever considering a plea deal. He is going to go all the way to trial on both ZA and JA.

He is going to try his very best.. along with his qualified team to bring the only just and right verdicts and that is death for both top defendants.

IMO

It might just be more big talk.

I think he has bigger issues in this case, if it a death penalty case or not is the least of his problems. Lack of evidence is going to be the biggest hurdle he will face, particularly since the case appears to be based on the allegations of individuals whose testimony is unreliable. If they have gone to the trouble of charging, or threatening to charge, their primary witnesses, it implies that their primary witnesses testimony is suspect or will not be forthcoming in trial. And beyond that I don't think they have anything, so the prosecution has a big problem, one that they are trying to solve with bluster and threats as we have seen so many times in this case.

At the end of the day the trial will come and they will have to pony up or back down at that point. It will be interesting to see what happens. Don't be at all surprised if the charges against ZA and JA end up being dropped, and the only one who gets to face a jury is DA on the rape charges.

I think he has bigger issues in this case, if it a death penalty case or not is the least of his problems. Lack of evidence is going to be the biggest hurdle he will face, particularly since the case appears to be based on the allegations of individuals whose testimony is unreliable. If they have gone to the trouble of charging, or threatening to charge, their primary witnesses, it implies that their primary witnesses testimony is suspect or will not be forthcoming in trial. And beyond that I don't think they have anything, so the prosecution has a big problem, one that they are trying to solve with bluster and threats as we have seen so many times in this case.

At the end of the day the trial will come and they will have to pony up or back down at that point. It will be interesting to see what happens. Don't be at all surprised if the charges against ZA and JA end up being dropped, and the only one who gets to face a jury is DA on the rape charges.

I respectfully disagree with this post. I seriously doubt the DA would be seeking the death penalty and preparing for it if there is not sufficient evidence to support its attachment. What some people perceive as floundering and grasping at straws in the case, I perceive as a well-choreographed prosecution. The immunity deals offered to SA and DA were offered for specific involvement and information. I think when it became evident that these players were more active in this horrible crime than they claimed to be, their immunity deals were moot. Dylan's original charge of tampering or hiding evidence is several giant leaps below admitting to raping Holly. He got immunity for hiding or tampering with evidence. He did not get immunity for raping Holly. We have no idea what SA's immunity deal was based upon. I think we can safely assume that he did not deliver or was more active in the crime than he claimed originally. I see SA's challenging the withdrawal of the immunity deal as a delaying tactic on his part to either delay justice for himself or all of the accused. IMO, LE would not be seeking the death penalty if evidence were not sufficient to support it. From reading around on the internet, I conclude that the accused have been identified with this crime from shortly after it occurred. I think if LE were railroading them, it would not have taken 3 years to do so. I think LE knew where the evidence was located for a long time but had to wait for a legal way to gather it. When the legal opportunity arose, LE moved it swiftly and surely.

Really? So you have seen all the evidence DA Stowe has in his possession? "Appears to be?' When was the evidence released to the public that supports that is all they have?

Personally, I don't think DA Stowe is without evidence, and he knows it. I think he has an overwhelming amount of evidence and that is why he is going to seek the DP. It is ridiculous to believe that a new DA would be considering the death penalty based on 'no evidence.' I have never seen it happen before and it will not happen in this case either.

The witnesses gain credibility when their testimony is supported by other CE just like it will in this case. This surely isn't the first case where the witnesses have criminal baggage of their own nor will it be the last. Criminals testifying in courts have become rather commonplace. Most trials don't have witnesses like Mr. Rogers or Mother Teresa. So the jury will not be expecting decent upstanding moral citizens to testify against these thugs when it comes to what they did to Holly. It is always those who hang around the thugs that are the witnesses in cases like this and time and time and time again, these witnesses are believed by the juries.

And it certainly isn't the first case by far where a few posters were just sure the DA had no evidence .....only for it to be shocking when it came to trial showing just how much evidence they did have all along.

I don't see one thing that shows me DA Stowe has big problems. JA&ZA do have huge problems though. Everything he has done and said thus far about the two main suspects shows he is confident he can prove his cases BARD at trial.

LOLOLOL! Well you can wait patiently for the charges to be dropped (02/15 will be a year) while I will wait patiently for both of them to come to trial and it is and will happen. And meantime both ZA&JA are perfectly comfortable waiting in jail for years for it to come to trial. Much better to stay in a jail setting than rush being sent to a very highly structured prison.

DA Stowe has had more than ample time to drop charges on the two top dogs. I think most everyone knows by now that just isn't going to happen. He not only has evidence .........the evidence he does have is voluminous against the top two.

IMO

I respectfully disagree with this post. I seriously doubt the DA would be seeking the death penalty and preparing for it if there is not sufficient evidence to support its attachment. What some people perceive as floundering and grasping at straws in the case, I perceive as a well-choreographed prosecution. The immunity deals offered to SA and DA were offered for specific involvement and information. I think when it became evident that these players were more active in this horrible crime than they claimed to be, their immunity deals were moot. Dylan's original charge of tampering or hiding evidence is several giant leaps below admitting to raping Holly. He got immunity for hiding or tampering with evidence. He did not get immunity for raping Holly. We have no idea what SA's immunity deal was based upon. I think we can safely assume that he did not deliver or was more active in the crime than he claimed originally. I see SA's challenging the withdrawal of the immunity deal as a delaying tactic on his part to either delay justice for himself or all of the accused. IMO, LE would not be seeking the death penalty if evidence were not sufficient to support it. From reading around on the internet, I conclude that the accused have been identified with this crime from shortly after it occurred. I think if LE were railroading them, it would not have taken 3 years to do so. I think LE knew where the evidence was located for a long time but had to wait for a legal way to gather it. When the legal opportunity arose, LE moved it swiftly and surely.

It is hard pressed for me to believe that some actually believe a DA would bring the most high profile case of their entire career based on no evidence or based solely on witness testimony. It is mind boggling to me. Not once have I seen a DP case be totally about eye witness testimony and nothing more. It just doesn't happen. If Stowe decides these are death penalty qualified case it shows not only does he have the evidence he needs to prove the guilt phase, BARD, but also has evidence showing why these men should be put to death.

DAs are elected officials. Stowe has clearly told the citizens of his district the evidence against ZA & ZA is voluminous. He couldn't be more clear in his message. He said he was taking these cases to trial even if Holly's remains had never been located. And now he (not the prior DA) is deciding whether this will be a death penalty case which in the end, both will be. imo

There is absolute no information showing this is a weak case. A newly elected DA isn't going to tell his constituents something he knows he can't backup. That is nonsense to me. There is nothing showing that DA Stowe wants to commit political suicide. This man is a Harvard graduate and the communities he represents are lucky to have him. You can tell he is a straight shooter. He says what he means and means what he says. I have no doubt the entire Bobo family and the community has full confidence in DA Stowe.

He hasn't budge on the charges on the two top perps nor given any indication he will do so. And legally, when he took over his newly elected position... he could have dropped the charges then if he felt he couldn't prove the cases. It is left up to the sole discretion of the DA who will be trying the cases.

And it is blatantly obvious on where he stands when it comes to ZA& JA.

On to trial this will go in a couple of years or so. I wish DP cases didn't take so long to come to trial but they do. Usually its 3-4 years but in JAs case it has taken over 6 years but her case is an anomaly.

Really? So you have seen all the evidence DA Stowe has in his possession? "Appears to be?' When was the evidence released to the public that supports that is all they have?

Personally, I don't think DA Stowe is without evidence, and he knows it. I think he has an overwhelming amount of evidence and that is why he is going to seek the DP. It is ridiculous to believe that a new DA would be considering the death penalty based on 'no evidence.' I have never seen it happen before and it will not happen in this case either.

The witnesses gain credibility when their testimony is supported by other CE just like it will in this case. This surely isn't the first case where the witnesses have criminal baggage of their own nor will it be the last. Criminals testifying in courts have become rather commonplace. Most trials don't have witnesses like Mr. Rogers or Mother Teresa. So the jury will not be expecting decent upstanding moral citizens to testify against these thugs when it comes to what they did to Holly. It is always those who hang around the thugs that are the witnesses in cases like this and time and time and time again, these witnesses are believed by the juries.

And it certainly isn't the first case by far where a few posters were just sure the DA had no evidence .....only for it to be shocking when it came to trial showing just how much evidence they did have all along.

I don't see one thing that shows me DA Stowe has big problems. JA&ZA do have huge problems though. Everything he has done and said thus far about the two main suspects shows he is confidence he can prove his cases BARD at trial.

LOLOLOL! Well you can wait patiently for the charges to be dropped (02/15 will be a year) while I will wait patiently for both of them to come to trial and it is and will happen. And meantime both ZA&JA are perfectly comfortable waiting in jail for years for it to come to trial. Much better to stay in a jail setting than rush being sent to a very highly structured prison.

DA Stowe has had more than ample time to drop charges on the two top dogs. I think most everyone knows by now that just isn't going to happen. He not only has evidence .........the evidence he does have is voluminous against the top two.

IMO

BBM I agree 100%. I can't help but believe that when DA admitted to raping Hollie, that he admitted to everything else he knew about the case or at least stated things that he had direct knowledge of that would have incriminated JA & ZA. I'm certain LE questioned DA about a lot of things in this case such as (1) how did Hollie get to the cabin, (2) what did JA & ZA tell you about Hollie's abduction, (3) where was Hollie when you last saw her, (4) did the others rape Hollie, (5) who killed her, and I could go on and on. Since DA admitted to raping Hollie, he probably told most of everything else he knew about the case. If so, the prosecutor has a witness that ties JA & ZA directly to the crimes against Hollie and that will be very damning evidence and make for a strong case.

Sorry, but all due respect to your faith in the DA, Tugela is right on target. BASED ON WHAT WE HAVE SEEN (which is what "appears to be"), this DA has a case that could be based on perhaps-coerced testimony and virtually nothing more. If that's the case, then it's easy to understand all the big DP intimations by the DA, as one approach when you lack substance is to try to amp up the intimidating talk and see if it nets a much-needed confession or three.

From where we sit, with the combination of "big talk by the DA" and "utter lack of evidence that we know about," anyone can draw whatever assumptions they want. It's a blank slate, basically, and what you conclude is simply because that's what you want to see, not because we have anything to support it.

Tugela sees the utter lack of evidence (that we know of) and the pattern of DA big-talk behavior and thinks it indicates a DA who's trying to use intimidation to coerce testimony and confessions due to a lack of anything solid. And that may be exactly right. You see the same combo decide that there must be a boatload of unknown evidence. And you may be right instead.

Frankly, at this point, it's only assumptions and our bias about this DA. He has no track record - he's just a guy who got elected and has talked a big game. Time will tell whether he has the goods, or whether he's all hat and no cattle.

Sorry, but all due respect to your faith in the DA, Tugela is right on target. BASED ON WHAT WE HAVE SEEN (which is what "appears to be"), this DA has a case that could be based on perhaps-coerced testimony and virtually nothing more. If that's the case, then it's easy to understand all the big DP intimations by the DA, as one approach when you lack substance is to try to amp up the intimidating talk and see if it nets a much-needed confession or three.

From where we sit, with the combination of "big talk by the DA" and "utter lack of evidence that we know about," anyone can draw whatever assumptions they want. It's a blank slate, basically, and what you conclude is simply because that's what you want to see, not because we have anything to support it.

Tugela sees the utter lack of evidence (that we know of) and the pattern of DA big-talk behavior and thinks it indicates a DA who's trying to use intimidation to coerce testimony and confessions due to a lack of anything solid. And that may be exactly right. You see the same combo decide that there must be a boatload of unknown evidence. And you may be right instead.

Frankly, at this point, it's only assumptions and our bias about this DA. He has no track record - he's just a guy who got elected and has talked a big game. Time will tell whether he has the goods, or whether he's all hat and no cattle.

Was hoping you would weigh in! Good back-and-forth taking place on this. I like the "all hat and no cattle" expression - :lol:
IMO, DA is hoping ZA/JA will seek a plea deal; avoiding expensive, drawn out trial(s), that might lack sufficient evidence. Considering so many were involved and had knowledge about this crime - how did it go so long with nothing being reported? How pervasive is crime in the community - might get a few anti-law types on the jury.

Was hoping you would weigh in! Good back-and-forth taking place on this. I like the "all hat and no cattle" expression - :lol:

IMO, DA is hoping ZA/JA will seek a plea deal; avoiding expensive, drawn out trial(s), that might lack sufficient evidence. Considering so many were involved and had knowledge about this crime - how did the thugs go so long nothing being reported? There seems to be some clinkers in the village, and imagine if one or two get on the jury!

IMO you nailed it. There is one part of this whole process that rings a false note to me, over and over, which is the fact that the DA keeps playing to the crowd, but it's all bravado. Lots of talk about how strong the case is, how they might even seek the DP, how they have tons of evidence, lots and lots of talk.

Here he announces what they are considering, and there is no legal or procedural reason for him to have done so. In my experience, if you're holding 4 aces (either playing poker, or in court), you don't brag about what you might do with your hand. You just go through the process and play it out.

Repeatedly, his actions tell me he's trying to play to an audience, which raises lots of questions in my mind. My take is that he's either trying to gain points with the community for the next election, or create a reaction with the defendants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aussie Aussie